Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
7308 S 142nd St
Omaha, NE 68138
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

2 doctors
Depending on how busy the waiting room is, the front desk staff [at Heartland Center] can be either cold or warm when you check in. But after they get to know you, they get friendlier. I found all of the nurses and everyone involved in my care to be friendly and caring. Jo in billings is very friendly and helpful in letting you know the costs of the procedures. She also had suggestions for how we could finance things as well. The nurses and Jo are also helpful with finding discounts for the medication and letting you know where to apply for those discounts.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Depending on how busy the waiting room is, the front desk staff can be either cold or warm when you check in. But after they get to know you, they get friendlier. I found all of the nurses and everyone involved in my care to be friendly and caring. Jo in billings is very friendly and helpful in letting you know the costs of the procedures. She also had suggestions for how we could finance things as well. The nurses and Jo are also helpful with finding discounts for the medication and letting you know where to apply for those discounts. The clinic's main weakness is the fact they close at 3 in the afternoon and they are closed during the noon hour. It makes it hard for patients who work during the day to get a hold of them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
My husband and I met with Dr. Maclin for our initial consult where she explained the testing she wanted to do before starting IVF. She performed several of the procedures done before we could start IVF. She then met with us again to discuss how she wanted us to proceed-doing IVF with ICSI. The nurses then took over for the injection teaching, monitoring appointments, and followups. We saw Dr. Maclin again for the egg retrieval. Dr. Maclin, while we didn't see her very much, got straight to the point and didn't try to waste our time or her time with additional procedures such as IUI-knowing that my husband's sperm sample wouldn't be successful with IUI. She is blunt, but gets her point across in an understanding way. She took the time to answer our questions and make sure we understood everything she was telling us. When we had our first cycle canceled due to my ovaries not responding appropriately, she took the time to call us and explain what she would like to do differently for the next cycle. She takes the time to greet you and answer questions before starting any procedures, so she has good bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sheryl)
I was having difficulty with reaching anyone at the clinic the first few times due to their hours and my lack of cell phone service during their hours. After meeting with my nurse, she was willing to email or text me. She was very accommodating to my needs and my questions. She was sympathetic also when my first cycle was cancelled and was cheering me on for my second cycle. She took the time to follow up with me after my transfer and congratulate me on my pregnancy even though I was out of her care at that point.
How was your experience with Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
As a patient of Dr. Maclin, I appreciated her bedside manner before, during and after procedures. As busy as she is, she makes you her focus during your appointment. She takes the time to thoroughly and clearly explain what or why she is doing things. She also takes the time to answer any of your questions, she wants you to understand. She cares about the financial aspects of this investment that we make also, and was very clear with us what to expect to spend so we appreciated that. During monitoring, I never saw her. And my questions were often referred to Dr. Gustin. I appreciate that Dr. Gustin and Dr. Maclin work closely together as a team, working on achieving the best success for their patients. It would have been reassuring to know this before hand rather than in the midst of treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Have your questions ready, there's no such thing as a stupid question for Dr. Maclin. She will take the time to answer them and make sure you understand what is happening. Know that Dr. Maclin cares for you as a patient and wants the best success for you.
Describe the protocols Victoria Maclin used in your cycles at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
First cycle: Birth control pills then Gonal-F in the AM, Menopur in the PM. My cycle was canceled after the first monitoring appointment. My ovaries didn't respond appropriately. Was going to have centrotide and HCG trigger but ended up not needing them. Second cycle: Birth control pills, added in lupron, Follistim in the AM, Menopur in the PM. Continued with lupron the whole time I was stimulating. HCG trigger. I responded better and had my retrieval a day ahead of schedule. Ended up with 10 eggs-8 were mature-7 fertilized and only 2 made it to blast.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I had a very long drive to get to the clinic. The nurses were very understanding of this, so I hardly ever saw any other patients in the waiting room when I was there for my monitoring appointments. I hardly had a wait and was seen right away. My results for blood tests were quick-within an hour. My nurse would text me within an hour or two of leaving the clinic the further instructions for injections.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance didn't cover anything related to infertility. So all costs were out of pocket. The pre-testing (blood work, semen testing) and procedures added up to about $8,000. Monitoring (ultrasounds) and testing (labs) while stimulating was about $1800. Medications was estimated to be $3000-$5000. IVF retrieval with ICSI (Dr, facility and lab fees included) was $8625 Embryo transfer (fresh) was $1925 Embryo freezing costs varies Embryo storage for 1 year is $500.
Describe Victoria Maclin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Maclin suggested for my age, I would be better off with one embryo transferred. She explained the risks of a multiple pregnancy and the success rates with multiple embryos transferred vs one embryo transferred. Dr. Gustin ended up doing my embryo transfer and she asked us how many we wanted to put in. We were prepared beforehand to do just one, so we only put one in and it implanted.
Omaha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I feel that overall, the Clinic [Heartland Ctr for Repro Med] is clean and well kept. The clinic and their staff is also very organized and willing to answer any questions you may have. There is one financial coordinator that can come off as less personable. I have shared this with my doctor and she notified me that there is a second financial coordinator that I can work with as I receive my care there.... All of the nurses I have worked with have been friendly and kind. I have had most of the same nurses throughout our treatment with Dr. Gustin and am pleased. T
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I feel that overall, the Clinic is clean and well kept. The clinic and their staff is also very organized and willing to answer any questions you may have. There is one financial coordinator that can come off as less personable. I have shared this with my doctor and she notified me that there is a second financial coordinator that I can work with as I receive my care there. My doctor stated that she wanted my experience there to be good. She also told me she would share my feedback with the clinic. I have since had some interaction with this financial coordinator when I called with a question and was more pleasant than had been in the past.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I have had 3 miscarriages while under Dr. Gustin's care. I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies as a part of these miscarriages as well. The first time I had a miscarriage following our first IUI, Dr. Gustin called me late in the evening and comforted me while we were on the phone. As we moved onto our 2nd IUI, it was unfortunately an ectopic pregnancy. During the ultrasound when we found out, Dr. Gustin was kind and gentle in explaining what she was seeing. When I sat up, she gave me a huge hug and allowed me to cry on her shoulder. She then gave my husband and I all the time we needed in the room to process what we had just been told.
All of the nurses I have worked with have been friendly and kind. I have had most of the same nurses throughout our treatment with Dr. Gustin and am pleased. There was one miscommunications between Dr. Gustin and her nursing staff regarding types of exercise that can be continued during treatment. When Dr. Gustin was notified of what I was told, she said she would personally take the time to educated nursing on this topic and what is recommended and not recommended.
How was your experience with Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Unfortunately my husband and I have experienced 5 miscarriages and 3 under the care of Dr. Gustin. Through all of this my husband and I have had numerous questions and every time, Dr. Gustin is the one that calls me to answer my questions. She also has offered to allow me to call whenever I feel the need. Dr. Gustin has exhibited extreme kindness and has been very sensitive to our situation. I have never felt like just a number or just another patient while under her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Gustin will take the time to answer any of your questions so don't hesitate to ask. Additionally, if you are advocating for more tests, answers, etc. she will be very supportive.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Gustin used in your cycles at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
When I went to Dr. Gustin I was taking Metformin. We tried a couple of cycles on this and we stopped following some tests. We moved forward with Clomid and eventually IUI as the medications alone were not successful. We completed 3 IUIs with Clomid, Follistim, and Pregnyl. The dosages were closely monitored and changed as needed. Additionally, due to my history of miscarriage, I was put on progesterone suppositories and this was increased following my first miscarriage with Dr. Gustin from 1x/day to 2x/day. Following my ectopic pregnancy, I also required a HSG and this was very carefully explained before and during the procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Our IUIs cost between $1900-2300 depending on medication dosages. Other tests such as the HSG was not covered once and cost around $700-800 and the second time was covered following my ectopic pregnancy. We have had a quote of IVF and depending on medications and tests, will cost between $15,000-18,000.
Describe Stephanie Gustin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We are preparing for IVF soon and we have discussed some of these topics preliminarily and will have a more in depth conversation as this gets closer.
Omaha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.

I love the nursing staff at Heartland! They are all so kind and knowledgeable. I see the nurses far more often than Dr. Maclin. I do wish we had a nurse coordinator specific to us (a point person if you will) and/or the ability to get results online or via email, but that is a small price to pay to have such a great team!... The only downside I have found is that they don't use email or have an online portal for test results. They will call with results and instructions and you call them if you need something.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Easy to get to location with plenty of parking, very nice and clean facility, and a generally comfortable environment. All of the staff - admin, nurses, and doctors, are wonderful. The only downside I have found is that they don't use email or have an online portal for test results. They will call with results and instructions and you call them if you need something. On the one hand, it is really nice to talk to a real person (and nurses you have gotten to know), but it would be nice to be able to review results and stuff online.
Dr. Maclin is incredibly warm and kind. My HSG procedure was probably the most nerve-racking (I had heard horror stories) and Dr. Maclin was so comforting and put me at ease. She grabbed my hand and said she would make sure she di everything she could to get it completed with as little discomfort as possible!
Dr. Maclin is smart, warm, compassionate, and understanding. She is everything you need when going through fertility treatment. She understands that it is a challenging time emotionally, physically, financially, and she is very supportive throughout the process.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you are uncertain of something!
Dr. Maclin started us on a gently medicated IUI protocol using donor sperm and 5 days of 2.5mg Femara. We had one failed cycle (with two mature follicles) and are currently in the two week wait of our second cycle (with one mature follicle).
We have some insurance coverage. Costs are still being determined. Our claims were billed incorrectly several times, which has been a bit frustrating because we still don't know what our out of pocket will be for appointments from 3 months ago, but I know insurance companies can be finicky and I'm just grateful we have some coverage. Donor sperm is not covered so we pay for that out of pocket. You order it through the clinic and it is shipped directly to the clinic. They charge you 300 shipping fee regardless of what sperm bank you order from or what their shipping fee is.

2013 - 2018
IUI, 1 IVF
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids
I have met with probably most of the nurses at [Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine] and each and every one has been amazing. They are caring and friendly and you know they are cheering for you as much as you’re hoping for success...This clinic is very easy to get to. There’s always plenty of parking. The inside is warm and welcoming. They’re really good at calling you back when you have to leave a message and are very understanding when you have multiple questions.
2013 - 2018
IUI, 1 IVF
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Maclin has always treated me as though I was a personal friend. I’ve always known I could trust her and she has always gone above and beyond to make sure I knew exactly what was happening, when to be confident, and when to worry. I trust her 100%.
I have met with probably most of the nurses at the clinic and each and every one has been amazing. They are caring and friendly and you know they are cheering for you as much as you’re hoping for success.
Dr. Maclin is very kind, very honest, and very knowledgeable. I know that when she says something to me, I can trust that her evaluation is always accurate. When she had bad news to give me, she called me outside of regular office hours so she could let be know ASAP. She gave me her personal cell number in case I had any other questions for her and there as no hesitation. She has called me on days she was off work just to answer any questions I may have had as well.
Trust her. She absolutely knows what she’s doing and what she’s talking about.
I am not good at remembering specific medical plans or situations. I had one IUI cycle with Femara and Gonal-F with a successful pregnancy. When we went back for #2, we haven’t been as successful. We’ve used Femara, Gonal-F, anti-ovulation drugs for IUI and after quite a few tries, we moved to IVF. We used Gonal-F and anti-ovulation injections. We have also used progesterone suppositories, estrogen pills, estrogen patches and progesterone in oil injections for FETs.
As with any fertility treatment, the costs are high. Each IUI cycle was around $500 (I think) at the time of insemination. Plus the meds and ultrasound costs. IVF was something like 7,500 the day of the retrieval and 3,900 the day of transfer. Again, plus the cost of meds and ultrasounds.
Dr. Maclin has done two single embryo transfers. She’s hesitant to do more than that due to other health issues I currently deal with. I trust her judgment 100%.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
The front desk [Heartland Ctr for Repro Med] wasn't the friendliest and dint show much compassion, didnt seem to professional. The nurses on the other hand were very professional, compassionate, and caring. They did a great job at explaining everything and answering all my questions.... I just wish I could've worked directly with one nurse and one doctor the whole time so I didn't feel like I was explaining my situation over and over again....There was a few times my prescriptions didn't get called into the pharmacy and they took longer than they had said for results to get in .
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very knowledgable, direct and caring nurses to work with. I just wish I could've worked directly with one nurse and one doctor the whole time so I didn't feel like I was explaining my situation over and over again. Its comparable in price to the other clinic. I am still continuing treatment at this facility. I have considered a second opinion but I feel like both clinics in Omaha are comparable.
Very knowledgable but didn't read my file at first when coming in to consult me and felt like she never remembered me until we started the ivf process. She was great through that process.
The front desk wasn't the friendliest and dint show much compassion, didnt seem to professional. The nurses on the other hand were very professional, compassionate, and caring. They did a great job at explaining everything and answering all my questions.
What specific things went wrong at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She is very knowledgable and direct. But she is also very busy and sometimes I felt like just a number. She knows what she is doing but I also didn't get the outcome I was hoping for. My first experience with her was not the best as I was originally seeing her partner and then started seeing her but as time went on and I expressed my concerns she was much better.
Make sure you are your own advocate as well. Follow your instinct and fight for what you think the next step is but also do your research so you can ask questions and understand treatment.
2 triploidy losses and then I started fertility treatment. 3 IUI's with medication and trigger shot, then following with progesterone . Last IUI resulted in pregnancy but had another Triploidy loss. I have bad egg quality so IVF was reccomended to get lots of eggs to genetically test and implant only a good embryo. Just finished our first round of IVF, started with birth control then Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and Pregnyl.
We have spent $50,000 so far in fertility treatment, losses, and testing. We are still continuing our treatment in hopes for a family. Our insurance didn't cover any of it. Everything was so expensive but thats the same at most fertility clinics.
They do not recommend doing multiple embryo transfer because it has more risk and its a safer option to do single.
Omaha

we did some extra bloodwork [at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine] to check if there were any health issues that would hinder egg quality. I was waiting for these results longer than expected. When I called back in to check they had gotten the results weeks prior but everything was "normal" so no one called. While normal is a great thing to hear, it would have been nice to actually KNOW instead of sitting around waiting.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is organized, appropriately staffed, and easy to communicate with. Everyone who works there creates a positive, uplifting atmosphere for everyone within the building. At times, there isn't great communication between the front desk and the financial coordinator which makes payment a little confusing.
Dr. Maclin worked very hard to get to know us on a personal level and understand our goals. She described our options, the cost, and what it would be like for our individual case. When requested she gave us an opinion as a doctor and what she would suggest if her own child was in our position. The meeting of these two outlooks made it much easier to weigh our options.
The nursing were very efficient and helped explain the procedures that would be happening but they were not well briefed on our individual case and did not know who we were.
What specific things went wrong at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Maclin was very caring and considerate of our emotions surrounding the process. At times it did feel that she was so concerned about how emotionally strained we were that she sugar-coated our situation and left larger expectations than were possible with our diagnosis.
Do not make decisions in the moment through every appointment. Take time to return home and go over all the information methodically, with the emotion detached.
We started off the injectables with her traditional dosage of Gonal-F and Menopur. During the course of the stimulation period I reacted very strongly to the medication (no female infertility cause) and dosage of the medication was immediately adjusted down, with cetrotide added in early. The embryos from this cycle were much worse than to be expected for a couple our age and it was determined that this quick drop in hormones weakened the egg quality and thus harmed the chance our embryos had. It is a concern of mine that she did not take my age (24) and lack of fertility problems into concern when she planned my protocol. It did not feel like it was tailored to me and my situation.
A round of IVF/ICSI is estimated 10,550 plus the cost of medications with additional FET at $3900 +medication costs. Freezing of embryos is $500 if put in the cryofreezer all on one day, $750 if they are put in over the course of two separate days.
Dr. Maclin is very resistant to transferring more than one embryo and will not do it without a medical need.
Omaha

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Very friendly, gave tons of information about follicle size and lab results which was so helpful. They called to check in after our miscarriage and to monitor the process...Weakness. Financially, Heartland is very comparable to other clinics; however, they do not offer a warranty program...She [Dr. Maclin] is knowledgeable, compassionate and wants the same goal for her patients- a healthy pregnancy and baby. She adjusts treatment based on data and does not simply follow a recipe.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Weakness. Financially, Heartland is very comparable to other clinics; however, they do not offer a warranty program. It's a risk, but it could be the greatest reward of your entire life, so it is absolutely worth it! Advantage- in this area, Dr. Maclin has some of the highest success rates. She is knowledgeable, compassionate and wants the same goal for her patients- a healthy pregnancy and baby. She adjusts treatment based on data and does not simply follow a recipe. Hopefully we will be one of her successful stories!
When debating whether or not she recommended IUI or IVF for me, I specifically asked Dr. Maclin what she would recommend for her daughter. She answered honestly and has directed us toward IVF.
Dr Maclin truly cares for each patient. When there was no heartbeat found for our baby, she sat with us much longer than expected and let us grieve. She walked us though the options of inducing the miscarriage and said over and over how she wished we didn't live so far away so we could be under her care and be monitored more closely. The office even called to check on me after.
Trust your intuition and stay positive. Science can do wonders, but you have to believe in the process. Expect Miracles.
For our IUI, we used gonal f injections day 3-7 and then a few days after depending on follicle size. Some cycles we used Cetrotide. To induce ovulation, we too a trigger shot for insemination to follow 36 hours later. For example, Trigger 9 PM on Thursday night, insemination at 8:30 am on Saturday.
We are in the $20,000 range since insurance does not cover treatment
Dr.Mackin always adjusted the dosage of final-f depending on ultrasound information

2013 - 2014
Can't say enough about the nurses [at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine]. Always treated me well, held my hand during the rough stuff and seemed genuinely happy for me when I became pregnant....I don't make a lot of money so I was really surprised that a course of treatment was actually attainable...still not cheap but possible.
2013 - 2014
European, Latino
Clean, modern and roomy.
With Dr. Maclin, I felt like my care was more up to the nurses than her. I only met her twice, once during the 2nd consultation and one other time at the very beginning of treatment. She did not perform any of the medical aspects herself, this was either done by nursing staff (who were fabulous) or by another Doctor (Dr. Ramses, I think...who is no longer there). I don't know what I expected since this was the only time I ever sought fertility treatments but it felt a lot like going in and getting a check up instead of making the biggest decision of my life.
Can't say enough about the nurses. Always treated me well, held my hand during the rough stuff and seemed genuinely happy for me when I became pregnant.
I only saw Dr. Maclin twice during the treatments. During the 2nd consultation and again towards the beginning. After that, my treatment was taken over by other doctors, mostly a Dr. Ramses I believe his name was. I also felt like I wasn't taken very seriously (?) and that she seemed very nonchalant over a life altering decision. Not sure what to expect since this was my first course of fertility treatments but I felt very routine in her eyes.
She seems very nice and knowledgeable. Gave me the information I needed and formulated a treatment plan that was ultimately highly successful (I got pregnant on the first try). However, if you want a hands on doctor, she may not be the one you need.
I don't remember

2012 - 2018
The first round of IVF [at Heartland Center for Reproductive Med] we transferred they would not transfer more than two back. The second round was the same which resulted in our son. The third most recent round was a little different. They had higher success rates and a lot resulted in twins so they said they normally only transfer 1 back now. She said with my history we would transfer two but only had one to transfer back :(
2012 - 2018
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very friendly clean atmosphere. Very seldom had to wait too long to get to our appointment. We did have one mix up on an appointment but they were able to fix it quickly since we are 3 hours away from there.
Dr Maclin was very personable and easy to talk to. She always made you feel like you mattered.
We absolutely love our ultrasound tech Cheryl! So so easy to talk to and was always willing to find out answers to our questions. All the staff are very friendly but Cheryl was by far our favorite!
What specific things went wrong at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Maclin is always kind and well mannered. Don’t always get to see her and sometimes no call back from her. She doesn’t sugar coat things but is never rude. After 3 rounds of IVF and 2 IUIs we have come to know dr Maclin and some of the staff pretty well. Dr Maclin pulled some strings for us when we found out husbands count went to 0 from the last time we had tried. She worked it out with another Doctor for a discounted price on sperm aspiration so that we could afford it. Dr Maclin is a kind caring dr that makes you feel like you aren’t just a number.
If you have questions whether you think they are silly or not ask them. If you asked before and need clarification ask again. And sometimes it doesn’t hurt to ask about discounts :)
What stood out the most was the cost of medications for our third round of ivf. Insurance had covered the first two rounds.
The first round of IVF we transferred they would not transfer more than two back. The second round was the same which resulted in our son. The third most recent round was a little different. They had higher success rates and a lot resulted in twins so they said they normally only transfer 1 back now. She said with my history we would transfer two but only had one to transfer back :(
Omaha

This clinic [Heartland] was the first that i went to the really understood what I was going through and took the time to show it. ... I would suggest that people come to the clinic with some idea of terminology. They were not very understand of having to drive an hour to and from appointments. I feel that they could have given me more information about my personal data rather than the clinic data.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic was the first that i went to the really understood what I was going through and took the time to show it. They were the first to do the IVF process and showed a good result from past IVFs they completed. I would suggest that people come to the clinic with some idea of terminology. They were not very understand of having to drive an hour to and from appointments. I feel that they could have given me more information about my personal data rather than the clinic data.
I loved working with Heartland. They were always friendly when entering the office, however I felt they could share more of my chart information with me. I always had to be the one asking questions rather than showing me my data.
The nursing staff at the clinic were great! They always answered when I called and did not talk down to me because I didn't always know what they were talking about. When I ran out of medication and needed more they helped me get it locally. I loved the nursing staff!
What specific things went wrong at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I loved working with Dr. Maclin. She was the third doctor I had been to and the first that was able to do the IVF process. Her team was always friendly and willing to work around my time as I lived an hour away from the clinic. Although I had already have four IUIs she did one at her clinic to see how I reacted to medications. I started the IVF right after the failed IUI. The first IVF process was stopped and converted to an IUI do to my response to the medications, however when I went back and tried another IVF she only increased the dose even though I believed that it was due to the type of medication. For the second IVF I got to the egg retrieval, but none of the eggs made it. Rather than telling me on the phone she had my and my husband take a full day off work and drive so she could tell us in person. I would have rather been told in person, but she explained that she felt it was more personable to do it face to face.
The piece of advance that I would give is be prepared to know the terminology, because it goes fast and they have a lot of terms I didn't know.
When I started I did an IUI with Gonal-F and trigger. At this time I was on the lowest dose. I then started an IVF with Gonal-F and Menopur. At this time I was on 200 of the Gonal-F and they lowest does of Menopur. They did not get the response they got the first time so they stopped the cycle and did an IUI. The next time I again tried the IVF with the highest dose of Gonal-F and Menopur. This time I had the egg retrieval, but none of the six eggs made it.
I spent about 10,000 for the IFV that was transferred to an IUI and I spent 14,000 on the IFV that failed after the egg retrieval.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Great ancillary staff [at Heartland Center for Reproductive Med-Omaha]. They were always pleasant and smiling. Quick phone response time. Clean facilities. Just remodeled and you could never tell things were maybe a little out of sorts from how the day to day operations were conducted... Ultrasound and lab to monitor response to fertility drugs was around 300 each visit. Retrieval was about 7k Implantation 2-3k
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Great ancillary staff. They were always pleasant and smiling. Quick phone response time. Clean facilities. Just remodeled and you could never tell things were maybe a little out of sorts from how the day to day operations were conducted
Wonderful bedside manor Called me at home to follow up on how I was emotionally doing after a tough surgical procedure
You can tell they love what they do. So compassionate and knowledgeable. Many have been at the same office for years. I am also a RN and if I closer I would love to work there and be part of their team
She was straight and to ththe point on what we needed to do and our results but at the same time provided great emotional support. Sat held my hand and comforted me when appropriate. When we did not get the number of embryos we had hoped for she comforted me and adjusted the plan and was straightforward on where we would go next
De Gustin and all the providers at Heartland and wonderful at what they do
The only protocol I remembered is a delayed ovarian stimulation to get the embryos we needed. 1st cycle we had to quit mid cycle and covert to IUI because we weren’t getting the numbers and quality embryos we wanted
Everything was out of pocket. Ultrasound and lab to monitor response to fertility drugs was around 300 each visit. Retrieval was about 7k Implantation 2-3k
1 embryo and 1 blast with the transfer because didn’t have the best grade on the transfers embryo

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Very professional and caring. Don’t expect to see your RE much in the first stages (past the original consult) if you are doing IUI. They [Heartland Center] did pretty well with a traveling patient like myself but did on occasion have to be called for information. They definitely seed to specialize more in clients that can do all of their monitoring on site but worked with me as best they could.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very professional and caring. Don’t expect to see your RE much in the first stages (past the original consult) if you are doing IUI. They did pretty well with a traveling patient like myself but did on occasion have to be called for information. They definitely seed to specialize more in clients that can do all of their monitoring on site but worked with me as best they could.
Heartland always treated us really well and were very honest with us. I did not see Dr Maclin much but when I did she was always kind and caring. The nurses and office staff were always helpful and friendly as well.
The nurses really made the place run. I barely saw the doctors but was cared for by the nurses often. They were all kind and caring as well as thorough in explanations.
What specific things went wrong at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I barely saw Dr Maclin. I was mostly attended to by an associate Doctor and the nurses. However, when I did see Dr Maclin she was always kind and caring while being truthful as well. I believe she may have been more involved with their IVF patients and not as much with the IUI patients.
Don’t expect to see her all that much in the early stages of being a patient.
For IUI we started with femara and monitoring and went on to injectibles in the final IUI.
A lot! I don’t remember exactly but I think we probably spent around $5000 there for monitoring and IUI
Omaha

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Almost always ran on time! All Staff [Heartland] were super kind and compassionate! Very prompt to Return calls and made sure that I understood all directions and protocols. The ultrasound techs were great and always explained what they were seeing and looking for so That I knew what the plans would be and what the goal was!...Most [nurses] were super helpful and knowledgeable! A couple had trouble answering questions
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Almost always ran on time! All Staff were super kind and compassionate! Very prompt to Return calls and made sure that I understood all directions and protocols. The ultrasound techs were great and always explained what they were seeing and looking for so That I knew what the plans would be and what the goal was!
She personally called me with my results of pregnancy tests, answered all Questions, very understanding and compassionate of how difficult the quest for children can be! She allowed me to email her at any time I had questions
Most were super helpful and knowledgeable! A couple had trouble answering questions
I loved seeing dr Gustin! She was so understanding, thoughtful, caring, and compassionate! After achieving pregnancy, there was some issues and she personally did my ultrasounds and spoke with me over the phone and via email! She was so Patient and made this journey as pleasant as it could be
Ask lots of questions!!!!!!
I used follistem and gonal f with menopur when needed. Frequent lab and ultrasound. 2 forms of progesterone and estrogen. Doses of meds varies based on results
Egg retriever was around 5600. IUI 500ish, embryo transfer $3000ish, egg storage $500 a year.... these did not include lab, meds or ultrasound
My doctor choose eSET as she advised that for my age and health, having a single healthy baby would be best vs have a complicated pregnancy with multiples
Omaha

Their staff and facilities [Heartland Ctr for Repro Med] are great. I struggled with paying a $60 copay every visit when we were spending thousands on IVF. We never had to wait too long for our appointments. They are very accommodating if you have additional needs....Incredibly supportive and aware of our situation. They new the right things to say to ensure my wife and I felt comfortable.... Cost for IUI was around $500. IVF was $20,000. T
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Their staff and facilities are great. I struggled with paying a $60 copay every visit when we were spending thousands on IVF. We never had to wait too long for our appointments. They are very accommodating if you have additional needs.
She invested in our dream of becoming parents.
Dr. Maclin is blunt with expectations, but supportive as we struggle to carry a pregnancy to term. She shared her excitement when we had a high number of eggs retrieved through IVF. Her bed side manner really helped us deal with continual bad news due to poor egg quality.
Expect honest answers.
We had 2 losses on our own. Performed IUI to help with 3rd pregnancy which ended in another loss. We do not struggle getting pregnant we struggle carrying to term due to poor egg quality. We tried IVF to reduce risk of an embryo implanting that does not have a high likelihood of leading to a full term pregnancy. Retrieved 17 eggs and ended up being genetically abnormal.
Cost for IUI was around $500. IVF was $20,000. That includes egg retrieval and genetic testing of embryo. Implantation was $3,000 - $4,000.
Preference is to do 1 at a time to mitigate risk of multiples. But they are open to implanting more than one if requested.
Omaha

Weird hours [at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine]. Closed early in the afternoon and hard to get ahold of anyone when not during office hours. Clean place. Friendly staff...Ultrasounds 3-4 visits: $200 each, Lab work: $250-300, chlomid/letrozol: $20-40, gonal-f shots: $477-1000, IUI procedure/sperm washing: $450...Twice they sent the prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Weird hours. Closed early in the afternoon and hard to get ahold of anyone when not during office hours. Clean place. Friendly staff.
She was good with explaining any questions you had. Explained things easier to understand without all the big fancy medical terms
Clinic hours were not very convenient. They close at 3. Prescriptions weren't always sent right away after doctor visit. Able to communicate well and answer questions
What specific things went wrong at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Good at explaining the process. there was a lot to go over the first time so it was overwhelming, but she repeating things during the first consultation. Other than the consultation and the actual insemination process we didn't talk–it was more talking with the nurses.
Ask questions and ask her to explain things if you don't understand.
First cycle involved chlomid, iui Second cycle involved letrozol, gonal-f –canceled iui due to not able to travel 5 hours to the appointment. Third cycle involved letrozol, gonal-f, iui
Did not do any embryo transfer
Omaha

It [Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine- Omaha] is clean and welcoming. Payments are expected up front on the day of services. Their financial manager is awesome and does all the insurance dirty work...The entire staff was friendly and fun. Fertility treatments are stressful but they make it more relaxing. They are available anytime to talk and will even share their direct number to access them quickly...Gonal-f, menopur, and Lupron were used in my cycles...Dr. Maclin would personally call me to discuss my treatment and progress.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It is clean and welcoming. Payments are expected up front on the day of services. Their financial manager is awesome and does all the insurance dirty work.
Dr. Maclin would personally call me to discuss my treatment and progress.
She was a great communicator and extremely knowledgeable. I trusted her with my body and embryos. She is an expert in her field. She is very compassionate and let me cry on the phone and never made me feel like less of a person.
To be patient. Infertility is a long process with lots of tests. Dr. Maclin is blunt and tells you the truth. She won't sugarcoat anything. She is very smart but doesn't make you feel dumb. She treats you how she wants her daughter treated.
Gonal-f, menopur, and Lupron were used in my cycles. I can't remember doses.
I think I ended up paying around $18,000
She prefers eSET
Omaha

[The nursing staff at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine is] Kind, friendly, and thorough!...$400 IUI...They let you do payment plans on testing that’s not covered for both aspiring Mom and Dads...She’s wonderful, and really felt like she [Dr. Victoria Maclin] cared...extremely positive, kind, and accommodating. I felt like I could tell her or ask anything. She has a great bed side mannor, and I highly recommend her.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
My ONLY complaint is the other Doctor in the office, I cannot recall her name but she is rude, and has NO time for anyone with a weight problem. I left bawling and defended to see Macklin. She apologized, and said that’s not how we treat people, and was wonderful to me!
She’s wonderful, and really felt like she cared.
Kind, friendly, and thorough!
Macklin was extremely positive, kind, and accommodating. I felt like I could tell her or ask anything. She has a great bed side mannor, and I highly recommend her. The only thing I wish she did the IUI’s. To me it would be nice to see her those days and not the nurse.
Ask a lot of questions, she will be happy to answer them all.
IUI with clomid 2x’s and 1 with injunctions, and then 2 home IUI’s if you will. I wish I had asked her to be a lot more aggressive.
10,500 for IVF I believe (we didn’t do) $400 IUI They let you do payment plans on testing that’s not covered for both aspiring Mom and Dads.

2011 - 2017
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
It was apprx 18,000 per IVF. and 5000 for IUI [at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine]. We applied for the BabyQuest grant and they did fill out paperwork for us to submit with the application. They were NOT willing to discount anything to work with Baby Quest...Communication is great, but would prefer email more details that could help. The facility is beautiful and clean. I would like to see the clinic focus on more whole body initiatives and how all aspects of living affect infertility.
2011 - 2017
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
She personally called me with results. She took the time to sit down and have a consultation to talk about things at our request.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
Always so nice!!!
I would have preferred a specific diagnosis. Ideas on what I could do in my personal life that could change the income and prepare my body. None of these things were discussed. She was always very personable and seemed to remember us each time!
Its hard to get a specific diagnosis.
Stimulation protocol. G225/m2 x 3 days, then drop to G150/M1x8days. Gonal F. Menopur, Cetrotide. ICSI.
It was apprx 18,000 per IVF. and 5000 for IUI. We applied for the BabyQuest grant and they did fill out paperwork for us to submit with the application. They were NOT willing to discount anything to work with Baby Quest.
She preferred blastocysts but would transfer morulas if we had any.
Omaha

The clinic [Hearthland Center for Reproductive Medicine] was beautiful and there was a lot of privacy, clinic was not located in downtown Omaha which was a HUGE plus. It would be a huge help if they could schedule the women's HSG and the man's sperm analysis at the same time or around the same time (deff. the same day)... She performed a HSG on me showing that my tubes are completely blocked. She was wanting to set up another appt to have my husband do a sperm test.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was beautiful and there was a lot of privacy, clinic was not located in downtown Omaha which was a HUGE plus. It would be a huge help if they could schedule the women's HSG and the man's sperm analysis at the same time or around the same time (deff. the same day)
She was polite and explained everything to us.
What specific things went wrong at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She was nice, she explained everything. She was profesenal, and asked us questions. She wanted to start treatment right away but didn't seem interested if we were going to be able to afford it. She also did not seem to care that we live four and a half hours away, meaning we would have to take off of work to get to any extra appointments.
Be ready and financially able to dive in full force.
The HSG was not a bad price, but was not told what any further treatment would cost.
Omaha
They [Heartland Center for Reproductive Med] help out with everything. I had different insurance from my wife and they helped us get everything setup for billing and did not bat an eye. The finance lady is super nice and fun. They give you their cards with direct phone numbers to call if needed... [Dr. Gustin] Explained our issues and finally gave us a why and what to do to move on. She took the time to go over all of our choices and told us what she felt was the best way to go but she would do what we wanted.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They help out with everything. I had different insurance from my wife and they helped us get everything setup for billing and did not bat an eye. The finance lady is super nice and fun. They give you their cards with direct phone numbers to call if needed
People spent time with us and answered questions.
Very prompt and remembered us.
Simply, she was nice. Explained our issues and finally gave us a why and what to do to move on. She took the time to go over all of our choices and told us what she felt was the best way to go but she would do what we wanted.
Do it
Still in the process

2011 - 2012
10 IUI, IVF
She [Dr Barton] has been friendly and informative...The clinic [Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine] was always very helpful and did their best to accommodate scheduling. They were good about explaining everything so you could understand.
2011 - 2012
10 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was always very helpful and did their best to accommodate scheduling. They were good about explaining everything so you could understand.
Theyre ability to draw numerous vials of blood easily
How was your experience with Sara Barton at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She has been friendly and informative
Sara Barton
Omaha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Barton at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.

[Heartland Center for Reproductive Med's] Strengths: knowledge and compassion Weakness: initial consults schedule out 6 weeks or so and they close at 3:30pm Other: if you give them 2 phone numbers they may call your secondary number instead of the primary I had them remove my secondary after a voicemail was left on my work phone after I left the office Friday in regards to my appointment Monday.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
She is very empathetic and makes you feel important. My hsg I was terrified and she helped to calm me. I appreciate her knowledge and attention.
Dr gustin makes me feel like pregnancy is possible when I’ve all but given up hope. She communicates well and is understanding and helpful when I’m nervous or concerned. She listens when I have crazy questions and seems to truly care.
Trust her.
Hsg showed polyps so I had a hysterescopy the next cycle. After that we did femara for a first iui. My follicles were not maturing so a second round of femara was prescribed. Waiting to see if the iui is successful.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
I would call and double check they [Heartland Center for Reproductive Med] have Your records. I had mine sent over plenty in advance and the nurse had not gone over any of them which was super frustrating. Other then that we have only been to them once.... Insurance covered what we had done this far other then the $1500 genetic testing and my husband was on his own insurance so his testing wasn’t covered.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
She was very caring. I would call and double check they have Your records. I had mine sent over plenty in advance and the nurse had not gone over any of them which was super frustrating. Other then that we have only been to them once.
She talked me through everything and gave me options for my best outcome
She didn’t have my full records even though I had them sent over so she had not reviewed my charts af all
What specific things went wrong at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Everything was great she was very clear cut. We haven’t proceeded with ivf due to my weight. Once I lose the necessary weight we will hopefully move forward with treatment. She did explain that was my best plan of attack.
Just be open and honest
We haven’t gone any further then testing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
This office I feel like was one of the bests for me. I’ve been to a few different offices and just left feeling defeated. Heartland is my favorite. I love the doctor and the staff there. I’d recommend this office to everyone.... [the staff are] Very compassionate and caring. Quick to return phone calls.... The whole office was so caring and nice that it makes you keep wanting to go back.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very compassionate and caring. Quick to return phone calls.
Compassionate and,caring. You were treated as a patient not a number or by another paycheck. She would always have the next step planned in our infertility journey. I look forward going back hopefully in the future.
She is the best around.
I started out seeing Dr. Ramey and he retired and so I was turned over to Dr. Macklin. She had called our satellite office to always give directions on my next step of treatment. She had tried me with a few different fertility medications such as clinic and femera
Unsure