Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
1500 W. Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084
1-800-436-7936
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Henry Ford Medical Center to a friend?

6.4

6.8
2 doctors
My only thing is I wish they [Henry Ford Medical Center] had more locations. It is a far drive for me. Also I had noticed that when I asked to be on Femara they had thought I already was. I was on Clomid actually. Just better communication between staff.... The nursing staff are incredibly nice and sensitive to all of our needs. Very helpful and understanding!... The only costs I encountered we're medications not covered by my insurance.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Native American
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
My only thing is I wish they had more locations. It is a far drive for me. Also I had noticed that when I asked to be on Femara they had thought I already was. I was on Clomid actually. Just better communication between staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
She's very thorough I really appreciate a doctor who is. She is also honest, positive, and optimistic. She also listens to her patients!
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
I like that her and Dr. Strickler have an open line of communication. Also love the fact that it's through my preferred hospital. I went to her after our third loss. She was ontop of everything and laid out a very detailed plan. She also listens to her patients!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Be open with her! She'll listen and adjust things on a personal level.
Describe the protocols Nicole Budrys used in your cycles at Henry Ford Medical Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Budrys performed a saline infusion hysterography to check all my parts. She also ran other important tests prior to the laid out treatment plan. She first started me on Clomid with an hcg trigger shot. My ovaries responded well and unfortunately we did not get pregnant. Then we did a second round with same results. I then requested to be switched to femara. That cycle was a bust since I had ovulated early on my own. Then I had a leftover cyst from the previous cycle. Every cycle I was monitored closely and given instructions. Every cycle I did produce mature follicles. I think timing was off maybe. With all that id continue with them as I like them and they know my history.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center.
As having recurrent losses they're able to Bill it accordingly. The only costs I encountered we're medications not covered by my insurance. Which was the ovidrel hcg trigger shot. The staff there know how to Bill it right.
Troy

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
On one occasion a medical student joined our conversation [at Henry Ford Medical Center]. I wasn’t informed in advance and this felt funny...The clinic was able to quickly offer me an appointment. From there, scheduling procedures was very quick. For example I had an initial appointment on a Friday and had my saline sonogram the following Monday. The wait time at the office is very quick. I liked that I met with the doctor in her office (like with her desk and computer) rather than in an exam room. Since I wasn’t having an exam, I felt more at ease in the office.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
Dr. Budrys took time to explain my condition to me. On one occasion a medical student joined our conversation. I wasn’t informed in advance and this felt funny.
The nurses did quickly answer questions. After I had heavy bleeding following a procedure, I was concerned and felt a little brushed off.
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Dr. Budrys was initially very warm and reassuring. She explained clearly what would happen in upcoming appointments. I had a fibroid that needed assessing, so I had a saline sonogram and some bloodwork. After my bloodwork I heard back quickly that my hormone levels were good. My saline sonogram was separate, and at that appointment she stated that I needed laparoscopic surgery. She referred me to a surgeon stating that I needed laparoscopic surgery rather than a hysteroscopy because of the size and location of my fibroid. I went to see the surgeon, and the surgeon stated that I needed a hysteroscopy not a laparoscopic procedure. I returned to Dr. Budrys who told me she disagreed with the surgeon. I wanted a hysteroscopy or at least to discuss it, and Dr. Budrys seemed to dismiss me. At that point I decided on a second opinion.
Do your own research and don’t be afraid to ask questions or push for your needs.
My costs were covered by insurance.
Describe Nicole Budrys's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Henry Ford Medical Center.
Troy

There wasn't much communication with the clinic [Henry Ford Medical Center] honestly. They weren't overly communicative, but weren't terrible either. It was tough to get basic information at times though. There didn't seem to be much support staff at the clinic if we had follow up questions or needed to call. We dealt with a couple of nurses and Dr. Budrys herself. I wish they would have had more basic information available to us up front about procedures, costs, etc.
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
There wasn't much communication with the clinic honestly. They weren't overly communicative, but weren't terrible either. It was tough to get basic information at times though. There didn't seem to be much support staff at the clinic if we had follow up questions or needed to call. We dealt with a couple of nurses and Dr. Budrys herself. I wish they would have had more basic information available to us up front about procedures, costs, etc.
Dr. Budrys spent very little time with us at the appointments we had with her. When she gave us our diagnosis, she asked for money up front, and got upset when we wanted to think about our treatment decision before spending $10,000+ dollars.
The nursing staff was so-so. They could have used a lot more communication. I would get calls last minute for blood work before a test or procedure, and not be able to get there in time. For example, calling me the afternoon before my 8:00 AM HSG telling me I needed a blood pregnancy test, when the nearest lab to my office was 45 minutes away, and I was travelling for work that day. And I had already done a blood pregnancy test 7 days prior. The nursing staff didn't seem fully prepared when I saw them for some procedures. Dr. Budrys was overseeing a nurse doing my HSG, and the nurse did not seem well trained on the procedure and I definitely felt like a "practice" patient.
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Dr. Budrys gave us a diagnosis without all of the proper testing. We received an MFI diagnosis without a full workup on my husband. She was reluctant to give him a recommendation to see the reproductive urologist she worked with so we could give him a full exam. She made her diagnosis off of one semen analysis. She also did not do complete testing on me. She recommended IVF right away for us, without giving us all the information. We wound up seeking a second opinion, as Dr. Budrys was not communicative when we would not agree on the spot to IVF. I'm glad we sought the 2nd opinion, because it turned out we could easily treat my husband's condition. And the 2nd doctor we saw completed all the tests that SHOULD have been done with me, and we found some major issues that would have made IVF difficult if we had not found out before. We were given and IVF w/ ICSI option with our second doctor, after getting some other issues in check with our second doctor. I was not at all comfortable with Dr. Budrys and felt like we were a money making opportunity with her. She didn't seem to like, or seemed off put, when we asked questions, or wanted her to dive a little bit more into her reasoning so we could fully understand our situation. I know there are a couple of positive reviews for her on here, but that was far from our experience with her.
Do your research, make sure you have all of the information before making a decision, and don't feel pressured to make an on the spot decision. Do your research on all of the testing that is usually done for a standard fertility work up, and listen to your gut. I knew she wasn't doing tests that seemed like they should have been done to get a complete baseline. I'm glad I listened to my instincts.
I do not recommend the IVF protocol she outlined for us. The decision was made without full testing on me & my husband.
We spent probably around $1,000 out of pocket for the testing she did do. She quoted us between $10-$20,000 for the IVF Cycle we decided not to pursue with her.
Troy

The receptionist [Henry Ford] is very friendly. The clinic was clean, and I never had to wait long. Results were posted on the mychart website quickly. Appointments for various tests were not hard to get. My only problem was the lack of personalized care.... I didn't meet any of the nurses.... I never got a full fertility workup done at this fertility clinic. I probably could have received more thorough blood work through my primary or OBGYN.
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
The receptionist is very friendly. The clinic was clean, and I never had to wait long. Results were posted on the mychart website quickly. Appointments for various tests were not hard to get. My only problem was the lack of personalized care.
The doctor did not ask me personal questions or test me for anything other than common fertility probelms like PCOS.
I didn't meet any of the nurses.
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Dr. Budrys is probably a great doctor if you have a well known fertility issue like PCOS. However, I felt like my concerns weren't taken seriously because the common tests were considered normal. The fact that I am infertile didn't warrant additional blood work from the doctor. I never got my progesterone, estrogen, AMH, or FH blood work done because, apparently, I "ovulate normally" and I'm "young." If you have unexplained infertility, I don't know if Dr. Budrys is the doctor for you.
Demand answers and you may need to verbally request blood work like AMH, FH, and estrogen.
Dr. Budry follows standard protocol. For unexplained: started with clomid, IUI x 4 trial next, and then IVF.
Costs for tests (ultrasound, HSG) were high but that was due to my insurance.
Troy

[The nursing staff at Henry Ford Medical Center was] Very caring and gentle when it came to blood tests and ultrasounds...doctors are excellent. The overall office staff can be a little hard to deal with. Making appointments can he difficult though it is the Henry Ford system not necessarily the office staff themselves...Tried using timed sexual activity to conceive. That did not work so he moved us to IUI procedures. Have 4 of those and now only option is IVF.
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
The nursing staff and doctors are excellent. The overall office staff can be a little hard to deal with. Making appointments can he difficult though it is the Henry Ford system not necessarily the office staff themselves
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ronald Strickler at Henry Ford Medical Center?
He talked to us with a very heartfelt sincere manner. Explained everything in very well and used real life examples.
Very caring and gentle when it came to blood tests and ultrasounds
What specific things went wrong at Henry Ford Medical Center?
How was your experience with Ronald Strickler at Henry Ford Medical Center?
He was very caring and understanding. When it came time to discuss ivf he helped ease my wife and my feelings. When first introduced he tried to make light of an uneasy situation. Was very open to as many questions as we had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ronald Strickler at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Ask as many questions as you can. He will give you a lot of info right off the bat. Can be a bit overwhelming but will take as much time as needed to help the couple out.
Describe the protocols Ronald Strickler used in your cycles at Henry Ford Medical Center and their degree of success.
We started with a taking medication l, not sure which one. Tried using timed sexual activity to conceive. That did not work so he moved us to IUI procedures. Have 4 of those and now only option is IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ronald Strickler at Henry Ford Medical Center.
Some of the costs were covered by insurance though each iui cycle was around 700 dollars which included the sperm washing and injection.
Describe Ronald Strickler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Henry Ford Medical Center.
Was told only single are used to help prevent multiple births which can be dangerous to mother and babies
Ronald Strickler
Troy

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ronald Strickler at Henry Ford Medical Center.

1 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
I went in for the pregnancy test after my IUI [with Henry Ford Medical Center] and I knew it was negative, however they didn’t call me for a couple of days to tell me that...The office Staff was friendly, and always answered the phone when I would call and I wouldn’t have to leave a message. Overall I felt like a number, one of many fertility patients. The office was also an OB/GYN office so there were often pregnant women in the waiting room.
1 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
I went in for the pregnancy test after my IUI and I knew it was negative, however they didn’t call me for a couple of days to tell me that.
The only memory that I have is that they did not call me back after my pregnancy test.
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
She was friendly and described things well. I would have liked more info on PCOS from her and the likely hood of the IUI being successful. Also would have liked more info about supplements/lifestyle changes to take to help with fertility.
Always be your own advocate. Do research on your own and come prepared with questions.
I did 2 rounds on Clomid and then we moved onto an IUI as I did not want to waste any time. Here I am 4 years later and still no baby. :(
I think the IUI was around $1,100.

2013 - 2017
My insurance covered part of the cost. IUI was about $300 each try plus medication. Egg retrieval, ICIS, IVF was about $10,000. Medication was another $2,500. FET is $3,000 plus cost of medication...The clinic [Henry Ford Medical Center] has very good hours to accommodate all schedules. The tech get blood draws done quickly as well as the ultrasound techs.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
The clinic has very good hours to accommodate all schedules. The tech get blood draws done quickly as well as the ultrasound techs.
Dr. Budrys and her staff were always available for questions or concerns.
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Dr. Budrys is honest about success rates and clearly informed me about risks and the challenges in fertility treatments. Every visit she spent a good length of time explaining and answering every question.
Be prepared with questions!