1500 W. Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084
1-800-436-7936
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Henry Ford Medical Center to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 2Neutral: 19.3
2 doctors
My only thing is I wish they [Henry Ford Medical Center] had more locations. It is a far drive for me. Also I had noticed that when I asked to be on Femara they had thought I already was. I was on Clomid actually. Just better communication between staff.... The nursing staff are incredibly nice and sensitive to all of our needs. Very helpful and understanding!... The only costs I encountered we're medications not covered by my insurance.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Native American
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
My only thing is I wish they had more locations. It is a far drive for me. Also I had noticed that when I asked to be on Femara they had thought I already was. I was on Clomid actually. Just better communication between staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
She's very thorough I really appreciate a doctor who is. She is also honest, positive, and optimistic. She also listens to her patients!
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
I like that her and Dr. Strickler have an open line of communication. Also love the fact that it's through my preferred hospital. I went to her after our third loss. She was ontop of everything and laid out a very detailed plan. She also listens to her patients!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Be open with her! She'll listen and adjust things on a personal level.
Describe the protocols Nicole Budrys used in your cycles at Henry Ford Medical Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Budrys performed a saline infusion hysterography to check all my parts. She also ran other important tests prior to the laid out treatment plan. She first started me on Clomid with an hcg trigger shot. My ovaries responded well and unfortunately we did not get pregnant. Then we did a second round with same results. I then requested to be switched to femara. That cycle was a bust since I had ovulated early on my own. Then I had a leftover cyst from the previous cycle. Every cycle I was monitored closely and given instructions. Every cycle I did produce mature follicles. I think timing was off maybe. With all that id continue with them as I like them and they know my history.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center.
As having recurrent losses they're able to Bill it accordingly. The only costs I encountered we're medications not covered by my insurance. Which was the ovidrel hcg trigger shot. The staff there know how to Bill it right.
Nicole Budrys
Troy
[The nursing staff at Henry Ford Medical Center was] Very caring and gentle when it came to blood tests and ultrasounds...doctors are excellent. The overall office staff can be a little hard to deal with. Making appointments can he difficult though it is the Henry Ford system not necessarily the office staff themselves...Tried using timed sexual activity to conceive. That did not work so he moved us to IUI procedures. Have 4 of those and now only option is IVF.
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
The nursing staff and doctors are excellent. The overall office staff can be a little hard to deal with. Making appointments can he difficult though it is the Henry Ford system not necessarily the office staff themselves
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ronald Strickler at Henry Ford Medical Center?
He talked to us with a very heartfelt sincere manner. Explained everything in very well and used real life examples.
Very caring and gentle when it came to blood tests and ultrasounds
What specific things went wrong at Henry Ford Medical Center?
How was your experience with Ronald Strickler at Henry Ford Medical Center?
He was very caring and understanding. When it came time to discuss ivf he helped ease my wife and my feelings. When first introduced he tried to make light of an uneasy situation. Was very open to as many questions as we had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ronald Strickler at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Ask as many questions as you can. He will give you a lot of info right off the bat. Can be a bit overwhelming but will take as much time as needed to help the couple out.
Describe the protocols Ronald Strickler used in your cycles at Henry Ford Medical Center and their degree of success.
We started with a taking medication l, not sure which one. Tried using timed sexual activity to conceive. That did not work so he moved us to IUI procedures. Have 4 of those and now only option is IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ronald Strickler at Henry Ford Medical Center.
Some of the costs were covered by insurance though each iui cycle was around 700 dollars which included the sperm washing and injection.
Describe Ronald Strickler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Henry Ford Medical Center.
Was told only single are used to help prevent multiple births which can be dangerous to mother and babies
Ronald Strickler
2013 - 2017
My insurance covered part of the cost. IUI was about $300 each try plus medication. Egg retrieval, ICIS, IVF was about $10,000. Medication was another $2,500. FET is $3,000 plus cost of medication...The clinic [Henry Ford Medical Center] has very good hours to accommodate all schedules. The tech get blood draws done quickly as well as the ultrasound techs.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
The clinic has very good hours to accommodate all schedules. The tech get blood draws done quickly as well as the ultrasound techs.
Dr. Budrys and her staff were always available for questions or concerns.
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Dr. Budrys is honest about success rates and clearly informed me about risks and the challenges in fertility treatments. Every visit she spent a good length of time explaining and answering every question.
Be prepared with questions!
Nicole Budrys