Hope IVF & Fertility Center

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Irvine
2500 Alton Parkway
Irvine, CA 92606
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Hope IVF & Fertility Center to a friend?
1 doctor
2013 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
I have nothing but great things to say about the clinic [Hope IVF] as well. They are all a team and work very efficiently together. Your appointment time is well respected meaning no over/double bookings causing long wait times. The staff knows and greets you by first name and are always aware of where you are on your journey making sure to be sensitive and careful of what they say. They are great at following up, if i was promised a call at a specific time frame they followed through.
2013 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Hope IVF & Fertility Center.
I have nothing but great things to say about the clinic as well. They are all a team and work very efficiently together. Your appointment time is well respected meaning no over/double bookings causing long wait times. The staff knows and greets you by first name and are always aware of where you are on your journey making sure to be sensitive and careful of what they say. They are great at following up, if i was promised a call at a specific time frame they followed through.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lane Wong at Hope IVF & Fertility Center?
Dr.Wong made sure we fully understood our diagnosis, treatment plan and reason for said treatments. He did not rush us into IVF but instead agreed to perform a surgery to correct my uterus deformity as well as unblock my right tube so that we could attempt a few natural cycles and IUIs. I never felt like i was just a form of revenue for him, instead he made us feel and know our dream of parenthood was his first priority.
Like Dr.Wong the entire nursing team was always professional, knowledgeable and kind.
How was your experience with Lane Wong at Hope IVF & Fertility Center?
We were referred to Dr. Lane Wong in 2013 by a friend who had a successful cycle. My husband and I had just been diagnosed with female related infertility and the 1st doctor we met was rude, gave me an incorrect/incomplete diagnosis and was unwilling to do any other treatment other than IVF. When we met Dr. Lane Wong he quickly informed us of what the correct diagnosis was and explained that IVF would give us the best chances but it was not the only form of treatment we were candidates for. He educated us on how he planned to correct my uterus deformity and possibly unblock my tubes, gave us the odds on being able to conceive naturally after said surgery and if that didn't work what we could move onto after that. We always had a plan if things didn't work out, so I Always walked out feeling hopeful. We went on to do a few medicated cycles with timed intercourse and 4 IUIs all unsuccessful with the exception of a chemical pregnancy after our first IUI. When we started our 4th IUI Dr. Wong had a difficult but much needed conversation with us. He told us that if that IUI was not successful he wanted us to stop wasting money on IUIs and start saving for IVF. In the middle of us saving up for IVF which took us about 1 year Dr. Wong retired and sold his practice but not before notifying us and scheduling a consultation between all of us so that he could introduce us to the new Dr. and ensure we felt comfortable moving forward with treatments with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lane Wong at Hope IVF & Fertility Center?
Im not sure this question is applicable as he is now retired.
Describe the protocols Lane Wong used in your cycles at Hope IVF & Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Pre-Lane Wong I was diagnosed with a double uterus, blocked tubes due hydrosalpinx and a diminishing ovarian reserve which was done via a HSG and Day 3 blood work. Dr. Lane Wong was able to rule out a double uterus and hydro just by doing a transvaginal ultrasound. He instead diagnosed a severely bicornuate/septated uterus, blocked tubes due to scar tissue and found that my Day 3 blood work (FSH/AMH) along with a baseline ultrasound on Day 3 revealed that i had a healthy ovarian reserve but i would go through menopause earlier than the national norm. So in a nutshell I had a shorter time window to produce healthy eggs. I was 29 years of age at that time, he urged us to seek IVF treatments if needed before I turn 36. Dr. Wong was able to successfully correct the shape of my uterus and unblock my right tube via a hysteroscopy/laparoscopy. He recommended we try to conceive naturally using OPKs for 3 months post surgery and if no success we start medicated cycles, then IUIs. He knew we were not against IVF but we wanted to try less invasive procedures first. 1st IUI - clomid @ 50mg X 5 days, no trigger and i produced 3 leading follicles however they grew faster than expected so at day of IUI they were between 26mm-43mm. We inexperienced a chemical pregnancy with that cycle. Hopeful that my right tube was working we moved onto IUI #2-4 adding trigger shots to ensure ovulation was controlled as well as the size of the leading follicles. All IUIs were "text book perfect" but unfortunately failed leading Dr.Wong to believe the right tube although open was not working properly to collect the egg or move it down the tube and into uterus.
Lane Wong