Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
2500 Alton Parkway
Irvine, CA 92606
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Centers of Orange County to a friend?

1 doctor
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
The strength is that the waiting times are very short, the billing department [Fertility Centers of Orange County] is great, and the waiting scheduling delay is not very long. You can usually get an appointment fairly quickly, and all ultrasounds are done in house by the doctor himself. ... There seemed to sometimes be a slight communication delay between the nurses and Dr. Lin, which resulted in phone calls where he did not have the latest information I provided to the client.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Orange County.
The strength is that the waiting times are very short, the billing department is great, and the waiting scheduling delay is not very long. You can usually get an appointment fairly quickly, and all ultrasounds are done in house by the doctor himself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wayne Lin at Fertility Centers of Orange County?
Dr. Lin was very thorough in his explanations, and gave us a comprehensive explanation of what he felt was our best course of action, while letting us have a say. He didn't push any unnecessary treatments on us, or additional medication, that he did not feel was beneficial.
How was your experience with Wayne Lin at Fertility Centers of Orange County?
He was very thorough, if a bit repetitive. He never rushed us and always took the time to fully listen to and respond to questions. I really appreciate that he is up to date on the latest research and studies about fertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wayne Lin at Fertility Centers of Orange County?
Feel free to ask questions.
Describe the protocols Wayne Lin used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Orange County and their degree of success.
We did letrozole and timed intercourse for three cycles, then moved onto letrozole and IUI. Letrozole started off at 5mg, but after poor response the first cycle, was upped to 7.5mg for 10 days, which produced a reasonable number of follicles. He didn't suggest IUI as he did not feel it made a significant difference but was happy to let us try.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wayne Lin at Fertility Centers of Orange County.
I paid my copay each visit, but nothing else was due as they are in network with my PPO. I chose to do a cash IUI, which was about $400. They also have a partner pharmacy for trigger shots, which made the cost significantly cheaper.
Describe Wayne Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Orange County.
He told us he preferred to transfer singles, as technology now was good enough that he didn't want to risk multiples, even twins.
Wayne Lin

2013 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
I have nothing but great things to say about the clinic [Hope IVF] as well. They are all a team and work very efficiently together. Your appointment time is well respected meaning no over/double bookings causing long wait times. The staff knows and greets you by first name and are always aware of where you are on your journey making sure to be sensitive and careful of what they say. They are great at following up, if i was promised a call at a specific time frame they followed through.
2013 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Orange County.
I have nothing but great things to say about the clinic as well. They are all a team and work very efficiently together. Your appointment time is well respected meaning no over/double bookings causing long wait times. The staff knows and greets you by first name and are always aware of where you are on your journey making sure to be sensitive and careful of what they say. They are great at following up, if i was promised a call at a specific time frame they followed through.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lane Wong at Fertility Centers of Orange County?
Dr.Wong made sure we fully understood our diagnosis, treatment plan and reason for said treatments. He did not rush us into IVF but instead agreed to perform a surgery to correct my uterus deformity as well as unblock my right tube so that we could attempt a few natural cycles and IUIs. I never felt like i was just a form of revenue for him, instead he made us feel and know our dream of parenthood was his first priority.
Like Dr.Wong the entire nursing team was always professional, knowledgeable and kind.
How was your experience with Lane Wong at Fertility Centers of Orange County?
We were referred to Dr. Lane Wong in 2013 by a friend who had a successful cycle. My husband and I had just been diagnosed with female related infertility and the 1st doctor we met was rude, gave me an incorrect/incomplete diagnosis and was unwilling to do any other treatment other than IVF. When we met Dr. Lane Wong he quickly informed us of what the correct diagnosis was and explained that IVF would give us the best chances but it was not the only form of treatment we were candidates for. He educated us on how he planned to correct my uterus deformity and possibly unblock my tubes, gave us the odds on being able to conceive naturally after said surgery and if that didn't work what we could move onto after that. We always had a plan if things didn't work out, so I Always walked out feeling hopeful. We went on to do a few medicated cycles with timed intercourse and 4 IUIs all unsuccessful with the exception of a chemical pregnancy after our first IUI. When we started our 4th IUI Dr. Wong had a difficult but much needed conversation with us. He told us that if that IUI was not successful he wanted us to stop wasting money on IUIs and start saving for IVF. In the middle of us saving up for IVF which took us about 1 year Dr. Wong retired and sold his practice but not before notifying us and scheduling a consultation between all of us so that he could introduce us to the new Dr. and ensure we felt comfortable moving forward with treatments with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lane Wong at Fertility Centers of Orange County?
Im not sure this question is applicable as he is now retired.
Describe the protocols Lane Wong used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Orange County and their degree of success.
Pre-Lane Wong I was diagnosed with a double uterus, blocked tubes due hydrosalpinx and a diminishing ovarian reserve which was done via a HSG and Day 3 blood work. Dr. Lane Wong was able to rule out a double uterus and hydro just by doing a transvaginal ultrasound. He instead diagnosed a severely bicornuate/septated uterus, blocked tubes due to scar tissue and found that my Day 3 blood work (FSH/AMH) along with a baseline ultrasound on Day 3 revealed that i had a healthy ovarian reserve but i would go through menopause earlier than the national norm. So in a nutshell I had a shorter time window to produce healthy eggs. I was 29 years of age at that time, he urged us to seek IVF treatments if needed before I turn 36. Dr. Wong was able to successfully correct the shape of my uterus and unblock my right tube via a hysteroscopy/laparoscopy. He recommended we try to conceive naturally using OPKs for 3 months post surgery and if no success we start medicated cycles, then IUIs. He knew we were not against IVF but we wanted to try less invasive procedures first. 1st IUI - clomid @ 50mg X 5 days, no trigger and i produced 3 leading follicles however they grew faster than expected so at day of IUI they were between 26mm-43mm. We inexperienced a chemical pregnancy with that cycle. Hopeful that my right tube was working we moved onto IUI #2-4 adding trigger shots to ensure ovulation was controlled as well as the size of the leading follicles. All IUIs were "text book perfect" but unfortunately failed leading Dr.Wong to believe the right tube although open was not working properly to collect the egg or move it down the tube and into uterus.
Lane Wong
Irvine

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lane Wong at Fertility Centers of Orange County.