Genetic counseling: Offered
Woodlands Office
9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380
281-681-0480
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Institute to a friend?

1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr Clapp is a wonderful specialist. She is extremely knowledgeable and always happy to explain any procedure to what ever detail made us comfortable. She personally called the lab when we had questions about laboratory equipment and procedures. If I had questions the nurses couldn’t answer she would personally call back. Sometimes she can be matter of fact, but she does care about her patients greatly.
Great clinic [Houston Fertility Institute]. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate. ... They had a wide variety of financial options. They range from single egg retrieval to multiple retrievals and transfers.
1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
she Works at multiple facilities, so don’t be concerned if you can’t see her every visit. She reviews all the results and works with the other doctors in her practice and ultimately makes the recommendations for your treatment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
The nurses were spectacular. Called every day to check on me, provide updates and answer any questions I had
Describe the protocols Alexa Clapp used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We started with androgen Hormone priming (estrogen & testosterone) to promote better quality eggs since I am older than 35 & previous 2 retrievals resulted in Poor quality embryos. We planned on a 10 day ovarian stimulation with max doses of menopur and gonal F. She adjusted to 12 days of stimulation to allow the eggs to further mature. We had planned on fresh day 3 transfer. Dr clapp recommended against this as my progesterone rose to a level where fresh transfers are unsuccessful. She explained everything and we moved to a freeze all. By day 5 we only had 1 blast embryo, but 5 still growing. We let them mature to day 6 and got one more blast. We then did a frozen transfer of both embryos (one excellent quality the other fair). We had a live singleton birth as the result. No complications during pregnancy. Easy birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
Called frequently with test results and to check on me. Very friendly and compassionate. Efficient at care & provided excellent follow up
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great clinic. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Alexa Clapp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr Clapp makes her recommendations on a case by case basis. I really felt like she was tailoring our treatment to us vs blindly following a protocol.
Beaumont Office

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr [Josh Skorupski] is very knowledgeable, knows how to communicate the process, what to expect, both the good and potential bad. He was very involved from start until now. For any challenges I was having, the doctor would call me personally if the news was not good.... Because I was already in peri menopause, doc was very deliberate in everything knowing my age was a huge factor in timing. I did a total of 4 transfers, the first resulting in a chemical pregnancy, the next two resulted in no implantation at all. With each attempt, he adjusted or added to my meds. For our fourth and last attempt , we decided to include Neupogen shot and it worked. I am on Estrace, Mineville patch, Plaqinel, baby aspirin, Lovunox shots, progesterone in oil shots.
Facility [Houston Fertility Institute] in Beaumont and Houston were top notch. Very up to date on technology and equipment. Facility is very modern and clean. Very comfortable atmosphere. I was able to everything with exception of transfer st the Beaumont office which closest to me.... $10,450 for the donor for eggs, $5,500 for PGS testing. This was not covered by insurance. $1300 for medications not covered by insurance. Each transfer was approximately $6,000. Insurance covered all after deductible and out of pocket were met.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr is very knowledgeable, knows how to communicate the process, what to expect, both the good and potential bad. He was very involved from start until now. For any challenges I was having, the doctor would call me personally if the news was not good. He as always very supportive and happy to say, I am 6 weeks pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is very patient and understanding.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
The office staff and nurses were very caring and involved in making sure I understood all instructions. Doctor is always available for my many questions during appointments and I never felt rushed.
Describe the protocols Josh Skorupski used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tammi)
Nurse staff was excellent. Always made time to ensure I understood all instructions.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Facility in Beaumont and Houston were top notch. Very up to date on technology and equipment. Facility is very modern and clean. Very comfortable atmosphere. I was able to everything with exception of transfer st the Beaumont office which closest to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Josh Skorupski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Due to my donors age, there concerns about more than one transfer, higher % of embryo splitting. So first two attempts we only transferred one. Knowing my timing was limited , we decided to transfer two on our third attempt which did not work. We had two embryos left so transferred both on our fourth attempt and we had one that did implant. Currently six weeks pregnant.
Beaumont Office

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute.

2013 - 2017
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
While I did feel like I was treated with grace & dignity during my first encounter with Dr Skorupski & his office back in 2013 when I came back to his office & staff I was treated cordially but felt like I was being fat shamed because I’m overweight...He was thorough when explaining problems or what he believed were our problems conceiving as well as my multiple miscarriages but I never felt like we had a real plan besides the constant comment of “I need to lose weight”.
When I first became a patient [at Houston Fertility Institute] with Dr Skorupski (in 2013) I loved his nurses & staff. Heather was my nurse & she was so kind & helpful, even the receptionist/office manager was amazing. Always so kind & helpful. When I returned in 2017 the staff left something to be desired. They came off as cold & unwelcoming, like I was a nuisance. The on site phlebotomist was always kind & the one time I had a nurse do an ultrasound she was pleasant but overall it wasn’t a great experience going into the office. I hope maybe they were just having a bad day when I happened to be there but who knows.
2013 - 2017
European, Latino
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like he did care about the well-being of my overall health as well as my husband but still felt like all of my problems were being blamed on my weight rather than doing more testing. He is a very kind doctor & I believe he wants the best for his patients but I just couldn’t get over the fat shaming I felt. He was thorough when explaining problems or what he believed were our problems conceiving as well as my multiple miscarriages but I never felt like we had a real plan besides the constant comment of “I need to lose weight”.
Be prepared before going in to your appointments. Write down questions, concerns, anything you can think of, that way you don’t get flustered & forget in the moment. Bring someone to advocate for you if you need. It can help tremendously.
When I first became a patient with Dr Skorupski (in 2013) I loved his nurses & staff. Heather was my nurse & she was so kind & helpful, even the receptionist/office manager was amazing. Always so kind & helpful. When I returned in 2017 the staff left something to be desired. They came off as cold & unwelcoming, like I was a nuisance. The on site phlebotomist was always kind & the one time I had a nurse do an ultrasound she was pleasant but overall it wasn’t a great experience going into the office. I hope maybe they were just having a bad day when I happened to be there but who knows.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The Beaumont office is basically brand new. Location is easily accessible. Office was always clean & nice. They do have an onset phlebotomists but she’s only their on certain days. It was difficult at time for my husband to go in because they only do sperm samples or testing on certain days. Same with Dr Skorupski. He was only available on certain days because he works both in Houston & Beaumont offices.
Most of my testing was done out of pocket. I can’t remember if insurance covered anything specific.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I would have trouble getting results. I would have to call or check my email daily to see if things would come in. They do have an app set up to help with getting results & testing but I always had trouble getting my information.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I liked him [Dr. Skorupski] because he explained my diagnose, but not the procedure because i didn’t know what to expect. He does show compassion, and listened to my question and complains. When my husband and I went we asked him to fill our some forms for a grant and he said he would, but at the end we didn’t qualify for it.... Make sure he explains the procedure you’ll be getting done.... When the Dr. Skropuski saw me in Beaumont I was treated like a human.
Once you get your treatment they [Houston Fertility Institute] send you to the main location in Houston. For Iui you get which ever doctor is available.... They didn’t defrost my husband’s sperm on time. On 2016, a dr. Bello didn’t send the right prescription to the pharmacy and prescribed the wrong one too, and I did t get any explanation and results about procedure.... Tammi was working with another nurse that she was training. That nurse was immature, interrupting Tammi when we were trying to scheduled.
European, Latino
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
I liked him because he explained my diagnose, but not the procedure because i didn’t know what to expect. He does show compassion, and listened to my question and complains. When my husband and I went we asked him to fill our some forms for a grant and he said he would, but at the end we didn’t qualify for it.
Make sure he explains the procedure you’ll be getting done. And whatever you do try to avoid Dr. Bello in Houston.
When I went to Houston go get my IUI I felt like a number. They messed up my procedure because they forgot to defrost my husband’s sperm. Therefore, an appointment that was scheduled for 10am wasn’t until 1:30p. Then, I had to go inthe next day at 8:30a so they could defrost the sperm, didn’t get seen u til 11:20a. I was one of the first patients there and was the last one to leave. By the way, those two procedures were not done by my doctor. When the Dr. Skropuski saw me in Beaumont I was treated like a human.
I’m sorry I don’t remember.
Tammi was working with another nurse that she was training. That nurse was immature, interrupting Tammi when we were trying to scheduled. She was so rude that when I called to let them know that I had taken my trigger shot 30 mins late she just answered cross your finger and pray it works. I was so mad because I had just paid a lot of money and it was a bit stressful situation for her to be telling me that.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Once you get your treatment they send you to the main location in Houston. For Iui you get which ever doctor is available. Basically, you get anyone you do t have a rapport with. That’s one thing I didn’t like. I do like my doctor.
With medicines and freezing of the sperm about 6500-7000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
They didn’t defrost my husband’s sperm on time. On 2016, a dr. Bello didn’t send the right prescription to the pharmacy and prescribed the wrong one too, and I did t get any explanation and results about procedure. She treated me like a number and was rude.
Beaumont Office

I felt like a human because he [Dr. Skorupski] spoke with us and was very understanding, yet matter of fact... He wanted us to jump strait to IVF and didn't offer any natural alternatives that we could try...For my hysteroscopy, everything went great. I was very pleased with the results...He is good, he's just very matter of fact, so you have to be ready to hear that...
The front desk lady [at Houston Fertility Institute] wasn't the nicest, but she was pregnant, so I kind of let it slide. Everyone else was friendly. The lady who took my blood was very nice, and the clinic was really clean and orderly. The location of the clinic is close to my house and all of the staff is very kind...[nurses were] kind, detailed, made sure I had followed the instructions before my procedure and that things were clear to me.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was good, I just sort of felt like he was after our money. He wanted us to jump strait to IVF and didn't offer any natural alternatives that we could try. But, he may be right that IVF is the only option for us if we want to have kids. I am currently saving up for it now. It is going to take two-three years for me to earn enough money to pay for IVF out of pocket.
I felt like a human because he spoke with us and was very understanding, yet matter of fact. My situation is different than most because it is my husband and his stressful job as an attorney that have given us problems conceiving.
I only got a hysteroscopy. I didn't get to do anything else because I didn't have the funds and didn't want to be in debt. For my hysteroscopy, everything went great. I was very pleased with the results.
Young, kind, detailed, made sure I had followed the instructions before my procedure and that things were clear to me.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The front desk lady wasn't the nicest, but she was pregnant, so I kind of let it slide. Everyone else was friendly. The lady who took my blood was very nice, and the clinic was really clean and orderly. The location of the clinic is close to my house and all of the staff is very kind.
Over 2,000 when it was all over with.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr Skorupski is amazing. He will get the job done no problem. You always see him every visit. He will tell you that your infertility is not your burden anymore and that he will handle it. That is such a relief ... Dr Skorupski is very honest and sincere. He will take on your burden and leave you at peace..... Make sure you go in there being aggressive and not passive. Know what you want and have your finances in order and ready to go.
The nurse [at Houston Fertility Institute] failed to call in a prescription. We were the last patients of the day. I had to email to remind the medical assistant. She didn't do it right away had to wait a few hours. Made me think if you can't call out a simple birth control pill how are you going to handle my injections.... Not organized at all, forgetful. A positive is they will respond to email very quickly.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Skorupski is amazing. He will get the job done no problem. You always see him every visit. He will tell you that your infertility is not your burden anymore and that he will handle it. That is such a relief Staff in the beaumont office needs better training and the financial department you literally have to stay on them. But the doctors can not be held responsible for the lack of a good staff it falls on the administrator. I'm not there for the staff just the great doctors they have .
We are still starting our process. We have done lab work and a hysteroscopy. One thing I like is Dr Skorupski leaves no stone unturned.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Each clinic is different. The offices in Houston tend to have better staff with more experience.
Very expensive but all the clinics in the area are pricey .
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nurse failed to call in a prescription. We were the last patients of the day. I had to email to remind the medical assistant. She didn't do it right away had to wait a few hours. Made me think if you can't call out a simple birth control pill how are you going to handle my injections.
Beaumont Office
I saw Dr. Clapp and she wemt iver every detail and step i needed to go through to find the best treatment option. She will call you after hours to answer any questions. She explains everything and does not mind questions you can ask anything about treatment and risks.... She will call you and take as long as she needs to make you feel comfotable. She is so sweet and an amazing doctor.... We started off with the basics finding out the issue. Then we progressed to which treatment would be best.
They [Houston Fertility Institute] are fantastic. They get you in as soon as possible. They will help you in anyway they can from finances to basic regerrals from your doctor so your insurance pays for the visits. The only weaknesz is Dr. Clapp is only in the beaumont office on Fridays. However the other doctor thers is always great and is very understanding with your case.... They [nurses] were amazing and always got back to me immediately.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
HFI was amazinf from the very first consultation. I saw Dr. Clapp and she wemt iver every detail and step i needed to go through to find the best treatment option. She will call you after hours to answer any questions. She explains everything and does not mind questions you can ask anything about treatment and risks.
To choose Dr. Clapp if you want a doctor who is trustworthy and will help you with anything
She will call you and take as long as she needs to make you feel comfotable. She is so sweet and an amazing doctor. At HFI you are a human not a number.
They were amazing and always got back to me immediately.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are fantastic. They get you in as soon as possible. They will help you in anyway they can from finances to basic regerrals from your doctor so your insurance pays for the visits. The only weaknesz is Dr. Clapp is only in the beaumont office on Fridays. However the other doctor thers is always great and is very understanding with your case.
IVF is around 12 thousand dollars

2020
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Josh Skorupski] is very compassionate about his work and his manner is very warm and comforting. He gets it and he understands and will do everything in his power to make your baby dreams come true...you have a personal consultation with him one on one. It's a private setting. He is very thorough and even has a box of tissues on the desk in front of you if you need them...Doctor Josh Skorupski is here to help. He went into infertility medicine after watching a close family member suffer the pain of infertility.
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] are very comforting and are absolutely the sweetest I've ever meet. From the first meeting I appreciated their manner and was relieved. The whole staff is there to help and you can just feel the love and support...They have a financial consultant that you can talk to at any time and also a patient portal with all your information...Small, quiet clinic that is cozy with comfortable chairs and couches. Wait time isn't long at all. When you are called back you are greeted with gentle genuine smiles from the staff. You are escorted to Dr. Skorupski's office where you have a personal consultation with him one on one. It's a private setting. He is very thorough and even has a box of tissues on the desk in front of you if you need them.
2020
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Doctor Josh Skorupski is here to help. He went into infertility medicine after watching a close family member suffer the pain of infertility. He truly wants to help all achieve their goals and will do everything in his power to do that. He's a brilliant doctor that works with understanding and passion.
Trust him!
He is truly here to help others. He went into the infertility business because he watched a close family member experience infertility issues first hand. He wanted to help her and help others and he is. He is a brilliant doctor and will do everything he can to help you. He is very compassionate about his work and his manner is very warm and comforting. He gets it and he understands and will do everything in his power to make your baby dreams come true.
We are just in the testing stage at the moment.
The nursing staff in his office are very comforting and are absolutely the sweetest I've ever meet. From the first meeting I appreciated their manner and was relieved. The whole staff is there to help and you can just feel the love and support.

2014 - 2018
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained, Other
My first fertility treatment was a round of Clomid and Dr. Skorupski noticed that my body didn't do well with it, so we changed to a better medicine the next time.... He is a great doctor. Sometimes I was unsure on instructions as they weren't clearly given, but he always answers all questions I may have. He always makes it a point to see me even when they are busy.... He is very nice and patient. He answers all questions without rushing.
It [HFI-Beaumont] is a great clinic. I only wish they performed more services here in Beaumont instead of having to travel to Houston for the procedures. The staff really cares. Sometimes the instruction they give isn't 100% clear, but they are quick to answer any questions I may have... They [the nursing staff] are very quick to respond to messages I send with questions and very nice.... The cost of care seems to run about average according to the figures that I have researched.
2014 - 2018
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Definitely go and at least have a consultation. He is very knowledgeable.
He is very nice and patient. He answers all questions without rushing.
They are very quick to respond to messages I send with questions and very nice.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It is a great clinic. I only wish they performed more services here in Beaumont instead of having to travel to Houston for the procedures. The staff really cares. Sometimes the instruction they give isn't 100% clear, but they are quick to answer any questions I may have.
He typically does SET.
Beaumont Office

Dr nurudeen is always positive and really explains what is going on with my body. After meeting with her my husband and I always feel optimistic and reassured. From the very beginning we felt we could trust her and her recommendation for treatment... Lupron 40 ml, gonal F 300, menopur 300. Injections were given in my lower abdomen and found that my follicles were not responding as well as originally thought. Switched injections to the arm and at the next ultrasound they were growing better. Retrieved 6 eggs, 4 fertilized, 3 embryos, 2 arrested, 1 blastocyst.
The clinic has multiple locations that are very convenient. Flexible schedule. Hfi assurance program is the incentive that led me to go with this clinic. Since my first cycle failed I am relieved of some of the fees that I paid for during my first cycle. Overall, I would recommend this clinic to those struggling with infertility.... She was very compassionate, thought outside of the box and always answered my questions to her full understanding. Made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Advice I would give to a prospective patient is to come prepared with your questions as she will answer them without making you feel inadequate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Communication between nursing staff. I had to request prolactin test and results were elevated. Dr prescribed medication. I feel I should not have to think of tests to run it adds to my stress level throughout the process.
Describe the protocols Kemi Nurudeen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I have completed one round of ivf. The first round included the following medications: Lupron 40 ml, gonal F 300, menopur 300. Injections were given in my lower abdomen and found that my follicles were not responding as well as originally thought. Switched injections to the arm and at the next ultrasound they were growing better. Retrieved 6 eggs, 4 fertilized, 3 embryos, 2 arrested, 1 blastocyst. Pgs tested abnormal. I am on my 2nd round, long protocol. Estrogen priming with Estrace and Aygestin and androgel. After priming phase will start certotide, gonal f 300, menopur 300, and omnitrope. I have also been taking a supplement. L Arginine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kristie Shaw )
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
My husband and I both agreed to genetic testing and did not receive the results. When asked the nurse said he didn’t get genetic testing done and then they “found” the results and I asked for mine and they said I did not get tested but since my husbands results were normal I did not require testing.
Kemi Nurudeen

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr Bello always seemed like she wanted to help me but she never seemed like she could keep the facts about our infertility story straight! So I could never quite trust that she was giving me the correct regimen for IVF. She has a nice personality and seems experienced, but I am really disappointed with her care.... Do not schedule a cycle during a holiday, she will be out of the office and it will cause unnecessary stress!!
The staff at Dr Bello’s offices are TERRIBLE!!!! They made me feel more of a number than Dr Bello did and you rarely saw the same once twice. I would only know I had a primary nurse bc she would send me portal messages the most. I think the staff is the core of Houston Fertility Institutes problems, not to mention the financial staff!!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
I had to repeat my infertility story to the doctor and staff every single time I went to the office. They never ever seemed to remember!
Describe the protocols Sandra Bello used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Poor egg quality and we used husband frozen sperm, we aimed for the second cycle to produce same amount of eggs (5) but of better quality. First cycle contained grainy eggs. Unfortunately, I cannot quite remember the exact protocol.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Clinic is too busy, everyone is a number, the staff don’t communicate with each other so they never quite know what’s going on. We wanted to switch clinics after the first cycle but were locked in because of the finances
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute.
About $24,000
Describe Sandra Bello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr Bello didn’t allow us to transfer any embryos that were still splitting at day 3-5, she wanted us to get our moneys worth and not complete a cycle so we could try again.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
We were never quite given enough information. I felt like I had to prob this clinic to try to lead me in the right direction based off my own reading. The financial team mistakenly thought I owed a fee and called me the evening before the procedure and gave unnecessary stress. Turns out we were current in payments and there was miscommunication among their own staff.
Cypress Office

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute.

Embryo Freezing
I have been a gestational carrier in the past and used Dr. Abdallah for my transfer then, and when my husband and I went to see him for IVF for ourselves Dr. Abdallah took the time to explain every detail to my husband. He answered all of our questions honestly and with respect. He even emailed me to see what my husband thought and if we had any questions that had popped up after we left his offices.
They [Houston Fertility Institute] are very easy to work with and accommodating. Appointments are easy to get with any doctor and location. The staff is very friendly as well.... They [the nursing staff] were always just a phone call or email away and replied quickly when I had questions. Ordered meds and had refills available so that I would not run out.... IVF is about $12,500 and medicines can range from $2,500 - $7,000
Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Abdallah was very thorough in explaining the ins and outs of IVF to both my husband and myself. He truly cares about his patients and their success in getting and maintaining a pregnancy. I never once had a doubt that he didn't know how to handle every situation as ours is truly different. He makes the process easy and smooth leaving out no small details.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask all the questions you can think of and listen carefully as he does have an accent.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Mazen Abdallah used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
For surrogacy, it was a frozen transfer and he used Progesterone in Oil, Estrace and Estrogen patches. He was willing to switch to Progesterone suppositories if I chose once we received heartbeat confirmation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
They were always just a phone call or email away and replied quickly when I had questions. Ordered meds and had refills available so that I would not run out.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are very easy to work with and accommodating. Appointments are easy to get with any doctor and location. The staff is very friendly as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute.
IVF is about $12,500 and medicines can range from $2,500 - $7,000
Describe Mazen Abdallah's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He prefers eSET over multiple embryos as he feels that the risks of multiples outweighs the chance of having to do more than one transfer. He truly cares about the patient and how their bodies will react to a multiples pregnancy.
Mazen Abdallah
Cypress Office

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Bello always is very personal. She gave me her phone number and told me to text her anytime (when I was going through an ectopic pregnancy following an iui). She always takes the time to explain things to me. She calls me when she is concerned with something, and she is always telling me that she is praying for me... She is a great surgeon. This can be a downfall because she is at the main hfi location a lot for surgery. She is in cypress in Wednesday afternoons and thursdays.
One weakness [at Houston Fertility Institute] is that you don't personally see your doctor every appointment. You will usually see a doctor just not yours always. Hfi is truly the best clinic in Houston, so I don't think it's much of a drawback. My nurses have been so kind. They give me meds if I really need them since I'm a cash pay patient (so expensive!) I would recommend my doctor, and others I have encountered through my time with hfi, a million timers over. They don't treat you like a number. My doctor knows every woman is different. I love them all at hfi!
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Bello is amazing. She is a great surgeon. This can be a downfall because she is at the main hfi location a lot for surgery. She is in cypress in Wednesday afternoons and thursdays. She looks over all of your labs and ultrasounds after each visit and tells the nurses what to do next. She is pretty conservative which I appreciate. I would recommend her to everyone.
She is blunt and tells things the way they are, but she is also very compassionate. She will be honest with you.
I have pcos so I respond very strongly to meds. She had me trigger with different medicine when my estradiol went over a certain level. This saved me from having ohss too bad when I had my egg retrieval (42 mature eggs!) she is just an amazing doctor who knows my body and knows what will work.
They are super busy at this clinic - there are only 2 of them, and a lot of times they're in charge when no doctor is there. They are easy to reach by phone or patient portal. The only thing I have a complaint about is how quickly I get my prescriptions sent. I think this also has something to do with cvs. They're so slow, so I can't completely blame the nurses. They're sweet ladies who really care about you!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One weakness is that you don't personally see your doctor every appointment. You will usually see a doctor just not yours always. Hfi is truly the best clinic in Houston, so I don't think it's much of a drawback. My nurses have been so kind. They give me meds if I really need them since I'm a cash pay patient (so expensive!) I would recommend my doctor, and others I have encountered through my time with hfi, a million timers over. They don't treat you like a number. My doctor knows every woman is different. I love them all at hfi!
Each iui was $2800 up front. This did not include meds. Meds were about $1,000. I had zero coverage. For Ivf, it was $12950 up front not including meds. It was $5900 additional for pgs. We decided not to do the pgs testing.
She doesn't have a strong preference. She is letting me transfer 2 and I am young and healthy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
A few times my pharmacy didn't get the prescription I needed. I think that my nurse sent it to the wrong pharmacy (conception which is the clinic hfi uses most often) instead of cvs. I just had to call and she fixed it right away!
Cypress Office

She [Dr Sandra Bello] recommended IVF instantly because she stated she was in the business of getting people pregnant. Although I admire that advice, she mentioned this in our very first fertility visit without discussing other options, our thoughts or finances. We agreed on IUI first and only went through one treatment with Dr. Bello and her office. We felt like we were treated as a number only and did not find the process to be a good one. Our results were negative.
In my opinion, we were treated like a number [at Houston Fertility Institute] because of the assumption we were a basic case and the Doctor felt that we would get pregnant very easily with IUI immediately...Each nurse did what they needed to do and then left, barely even a hello. The majority of the time they ended the visit with "check your portal for more information" versus giving me an idea of what to expect.
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Bello was the first fertility doctor we visited. I did not feel like she took us seriously perhaps due to age or feeling that our case was very simple in her opinion. She did not provide the detail I was looking for and was very hurried in many cases. She is a pleasant person, but not what I was looking for as far as compassion.
If your issue is a simple one to fix, she may be good for you and if you're not looking for in depth conversations then give her a try.
In my opinion, we were treated like a number because of the assumption we were a basic case and the Doctor felt that we would get pregnant very easily with IUI immediately.
She recommended IVF instantly because she stated she was in the business of getting people pregnant. Although I admire that advice, she mentioned this in our very first fertility visit without discussing other options, our thoughts or finances. We agreed on IUI first and only went through one treatment with Dr. Bello and her office. We felt like we were treated as a number only and did not find the process to be a good one. Our results were negative.
Again, we felt we were treated as a number, especially when going to the follow up appointments. When we had to do the blood draw and ultrasound they would direct me by saying "room 2 then room 4" and expect me to know where I was going and who I was going to see. Each nurse did what they needed to do and then left, barely even a hello. The majority of the time they ended the visit with "check your portal for more information" versus giving me an idea of what to expect.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I never got to meet with anyone in their finance group, this was all done over the phone with made things a little more difficult to grasp. Although I do not feel their staff is very friendly, I can understand that the end result is to get pregnant and if one can overlook their weaknesses and find a doctor they like, I would say to try this clinic as I have heard of many success stories with them. I did notice their cash prices were a little higher than my current clinic.
We felt the cost was high now that we have changed clinics and they always required payment up front versus after the service. I did not feel we were given a lot of information upfront on the costs.
Cypress Office
He [Dr. Mazen Abdullah] said due to my quality we'd transfer 2...I was never contacted unless I asked a question. I only saw him twice, consult and after failed retrieval...He was a poor communicator and spoke very fast. He mumbled...I felt that he pushed for donor eggs because that was easier for him to get a success. He was very mellow which is nice but I didn't feel important. There was no enthusiasm in his work...IUI was gonal alone with a trigger. We had several follicles but it didn't work. I was not explained the reason for the protocol until I asked a nurse.
IUI [at Houston Fertility Institute] was gonal alone with a trigger. We had several follicles but it didn't work. I was not explained the reason for the protocol until I asked a nurse...She [nurse] is very kind and responds fairly quickly...The IUI was around $2k...Strengths- multiple office locations, no matter where your doctor is stationed you can go to any location, generally well organized. Weakness- not very personal care, staff seems to turn over, patient load is too high...I was never contacted unless I asked a question. I only saw him [Dr. Mazen Abdullah] twice, consult and after failed retrieval.
European, Latino, Middle Eastern, Native American
How was your experience with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was a poor communicator and spoke very fast. He mumbled and his accent is very strong. I felt that he pushed for donor eggs because that was easier for him to get a success. He was very mellow which is nice but I didn't feel important. There was no enthusiasm in his work.
Interview him and other doctors. If you choose him, don't expect to see him but once and tell him to speak slower.
The Cypress office has 1 nurse left from when I went there. She is very kind and responds fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The IUI was around $2k. IVF was covered via insurance.
He said due to my quality we'd transfer 2.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
Prescription needed to be called in, in a timely manner and wasn't.
Mazen Abdallah
Cypress Office

Dr Bello was very good at telling us we would get pregnant. My first IVF didn’t create a pregnancy. We are about to start a 2nd round. Looking back I feel as though we should have asked more questions since Dr Bello isn’t forthcoming with info unless asked. For our next round we will go with a different doctor. Looking back we don’t feel like we got the information we needed to make the best decisions. She isn’t forthcoming with information. We didn’t know what to ask since it was our first time.
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] is very friendly and respond quickly. I loved the staff and all of their efforts. I felt very comfortable at Houston Fertility Institute. The nurses are knowledgable and answered my questions and concerns. ... She [Doctor Sandra Bello] prefers single embryo transfer ... Ask questions. Be knowledge ahead of time to know what to ask.
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask questions. Be knowledge ahead of time to know what to ask.
Dr Bello was very kind and emotionally supportive. She knew my name every time I came in even when it was unexpectedly.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very friendly and respond quickly. I loved the staff and all of their efforts. I felt very comfortable at Houston Fertility Institute. The nurses are knowledgable and answered my questions and concerns.
She prefers single embryo transfer

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Bello seemed very interested in everything I had to say.... I believe Dr. Bello tried everything she could to get me pregnant. She did my HSG and my Hysteroscopy. She even suggested that she would see if any clinical trials would apply to me as I can't afford IVF at the moment.... Be sure to request your medical records. I found a little extra information in my medical records that I was never told.
The facility [Houston Fertility Institute] is clean, neat, and discrete. Their weakness however is in the Billing Dept. I was really put through the ringer and had to speak with the Practice Manager before I could get things resolved.... Office visits were general costs-- IVF cost and associated cost are through the roof 30k plus... I believe Dr. Bello tried everything she could to get me pregnant. She did my HSG and my Hysteroscopy.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
I believe Dr. Bello tried everything she could to get me pregnant. She did my HSG and my Hysteroscopy. She even suggested that she would see if any clinical trials would apply to me as I can't afford IVF at the moment. She was also very kind to my husband.
If you have a procedure, do a thorough follow up with her. Be sure to request your medical records. I found a little extra information in my medical records that I was never told.
Dr. Bello seemed very interested in everything I had to say.
HSG- uncovered I had 1 blocked tube Hysteroscopy- removed several polps and fibroids No real change in menstrual cycle- mennorhagia
They were as expected. The front desk reps were super friendly
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The facility is clean, neat, and discrete. Their weakness however is in the Billing Dept. I was really put through the ringer and had to speak with the Practice Manager before I could get things resolved.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
he [Dr. Jason Yeh] did not catch a pretty big error that his partner documented on a medical procedure and then took longer than expected to call me to explain...He explained all the statistics for each procedure and answered every question I had. Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule
Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing [at Houston Fertility Institute]. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule a consult with another fertility clinic due to costs of IVF and picked up a copy of my report to fax. That’s when I realized That dr. Bello had documented that I had two normal appearing tubes with normal fill and spill. I called dr. Yehs office immediately and expected a phone call the same day (it was a Friday) and didn’t receive a call until Monday at 5:30pm. I have zero trust in my report and in my doctors and now I have To repeat the entire test again. It was a horrible experience and I will Never go back.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was very compassionate about my recent ruptured ectopic pregnancy and made my husband and I feel Like we would be taken care of very well. We felt safe after having issues with trust from doctors. He explained all the statistics for each procedure and answered every question I had. Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule a consult with another fertility clinic due to costs of IVF and picked up a copy of my report to fax. That’s when I realized That dr. Bello had documented that I had two normal appearing tubes with normal fill and spill. I called dr. Yehs office immediately and expected a phone call the same day (it was a Friday) and didn’t receive a call until Monday at 5:30pm. I have zero trust in my report and in my doctors and now I have To repeat the entire test again. It was a horrible experience and I will Never go back.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Make sure to get copies of all of your reports to verify accuracy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Because he did not catch a pretty big error that his partner documented on a medical procedure and then took longer than expected to call me to explain.
Describe the protocols Jason Yeh used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
He had recommended a estrogen antagonist (I believe) priming instead of a birth control pill start. I was Told that bcp can cause sleepy ovaries and in diminished ovarian reserve it’s not the best, which is why they use an estrogen priming. That’s all we really discussed because I didn't Continue treatment with his office and am going elsewhere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Veronica )
She was very timely and answered me back every time I messaged Or called. She never took long to send my results or respond to my questions either, which was nice.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They have a great portal system, which is nice when sending messages and receiving important paperwork/documents. The appointments are easy to schedule and aren’t far out. They do not have sonographers to do ultrasounds, so it’s either the MA or RN which I find odd. I dont Feel comfortable having someone do an ultrasound on me that doesn’t have the necessary training. As a patient, you are paying a lot of money and I think A trained professional should be doing the scans. I also Had an MA as my “nurse” and it was apparent when I had Questions that she could not answer. They also don’t assign nurses, so you never really know who you are supposed to send messages to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute.
IVF would have cost $13,600 but that’s all I can Remember. I had met my out of pocket max already, so I had Zero copays or out of pocket costs for the initial consult or diagnostic testing, but have zero fertility coverage so that would have been out of pocket.
Describe Jason Yeh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
None since I did Not continue treatment with him.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I had a hysteroscopy with tubal catheterization done and the report originally stated that both of my tubes were normal in appearance and that both of them were functioning correctly (normal fill and spill). I had Just had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and had emergency surgery with a left salpingectomy, which was verified with a pathology report. I do Not have a left tube, yet it was documented that I did. They also had the wrong diagnosis on my report. Because of this, I have To have a repeat HSG on Monday. You need to have trust in your doctors and after this error there is no way I could Trust them again.
Jason Yeh
Houston Office

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute.

Knew details of my case, explained what he thought would work for us. ... Very straightforward with plan of action. Explained reasons for what he thought was best treatment. Thoroughly answered any questions we had. Monitored follicles closely and increased dosage when I was initially slow to respond. ... When we met with dr witz after our failed fresh embryo transfer he recommended frozen embryo transfer as our next step.
Very busy but very efficient. They [Houston Fertility Institute] knew I liked to get in first thing to get to work and did their best to accommodate that. Only clinic open on weekends both Saturday and Sunday. Patient portal could use an upgrade. ... Then the financial advisor emailed me saying he recommended another egg retrieval as our next step. That was frustrating to get conflicting information.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is very straightforward and doesn’t sugarcoat things but I like that. Tells you what he thinks you need to do as an expert in his field.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Knew details of my case, explained what he thought would work for us.
Describe the protocols Craig Witz used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Was participating in a study so I had to do downregulation per study protocol. Then started with lupron and then menopur started with one vial when I was slow to respond upped to 3 then upped to max of 6 vials nightly. Study only produced two embryos, both transfers failed. Next did self-pay cycle with menopur, gonal f and cetrotide. Got 6 embryos, genetically tested, 2 came back normal, 1 indeterminate.
Quick to respond to emails through patient portal.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Very busy but very efficient. They knew I liked to get in first thing to get to work and did their best to accommodate that. Only clinic open on weekends both Saturday and Sunday. Patient portal could use an upgrade.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.
We got into a study so paid $3,500 for our first fresh IVF cycle. Then paidaround $5,000 for frozen embryo transfer. Our self-pay cycle with meds and PGS testing we spent around $25,000.
Describe Craig Witz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He explained risks of multiples and we agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
When we met with dr witz after our failed fresh embryo transfer he recommended frozen embryo transfer as our next step. Then the financial advisor emailed me saying he recommended another egg retrieval as our next step. That was frustrating to get conflicting information.
Houston Office

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Other
He [Dr. Jason Yeh] was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe...He explained to me that it is better to just implant a single embryo instead of multiple. He will test the embryos to see which ones are more likely to implant. I trust his approach and know he has my health in mind with this course of treatment.
[Houston Fertility Institite] has multiple locations...They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing...Yadira [nurse] was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr.Yeh was very compassionate when addressing all my concerns. He took as much time as I needed to feel comfortable about my treatment plan. He also called himself throughout the process to check on me to see how I was feeling. I haven’t had a doctor call to check on me before and it made me feel like he cares about his patients. I was impressed with how through the treatment was and I would recommend him to anyone.
Be on time and allow yourself extra time to talk to the doctor. He will give you as much time as you need to address all questions and concerns.
I took Gonal-f and menopur for 10 days. On day 5 I had to add Centritide to prevent ovulation. I responded very well to the medication. I went 3 days a week to get blood work and a follicle ultrasound to make sure everything was growing the was he wanted it to. I triggered with Lupron and Novarel on day 11 and proceeded with me egg retrieval on day 13. He was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe. I am looking forward to the transfer as soon as the OHSS symptoms go away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira Casalderrey)
Yadira was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic has multiple locations I live 1.5 hours away from the closest clinic. With having so many locations it made it easy to find the closest one. They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing.
My total costs that included all tests, appointments, egg retrieval, freezing embryos and embryo transfer were $11,430. This was after their military discount which it made it even better that they recognize the military.
Jason Yeh

2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Witz] is open & available- often calling me on off hours & using his cell phone. We had a tough road and he never oversold with lofty expectations. He knows the research & was able to present us with facts and honest medical advice for us to make the most informed decision we could....We did a low dose protocol with omnitrope. I overly respond to stimulation but my eggs are not strong so we went with low dose and omnitrope to attempt to boost the egg strength.
Great clinic [Houston Fertility Institute]- clean, free parking, easy to get to. Busy! If you make an appointment at peak times you might be waiting for awhile- seems like they overbook Patient’s. Top notch phlebotomists! These ladies are amazing!! Know your name, ask how you’re doing, never leave you sore or bruised.... My nurse did not call in a specific injection I needed and I had to catch it as I was going through the list with the pharmacy over the phone.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is open & available- often calling me on off hours & using his cell phone. We had a tough road and he never oversold with lofty expectations. He knows the research & was able to present us with facts and honest medical advice for us to make the most informed decision we could.
Reach out to him directly if you ever need to! He will respond & you’ll get good information.
He knows my son (the he helped us have with our 2nd round of ivf), asks about him, knows our lives (work) and personalities. He can be candid and honest with his feedback taking into account all those factors.
We did a low dose protocol with omnitrope. I overly respond to stimulation but my eggs are not strong so we went with low dose and omnitrope to attempt to boost the egg strength. Dr. Witz has only ever done single embryo transfers with rationale of it being a better environment for the fetus and better for the mom’s overall health.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Marquez)
Our primary nurse was a bit low key with our fertility treatments following having our first through IVF. I’m not sure if it’s because we’ve been there for a long time now but she will sometimes just assume I know things. I have to sometimes call to make sure I’m taking the right dose or that I get the right meds before I need them, etc.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great clinic- clean, free parking, easy to get to. Busy! If you make an appointment at peak times you might be waiting for awhile- seems like they overbook Patient’s. Top notch phlebotomists! These ladies are amazing!! Know your name, ask how you’re doing, never leave you sore or bruised. Can’t say enough!
My first round was all cash pay- all in probably $35-40. Next rounds have been partially covered- all in $15-20
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
My nurse did not call in a specific injection I needed and I had to catch it as I was going through the list with the pharmacy over the phone. I was able to get it called in and in the same delivery as the previous meds but would not have known had I not specifically gone over the med list with the pharmacist.

2015 - 2019
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
The thing both my spouse and I liked about Dr. Witz was that he asked a lot of questions and we really felt he knew us. He was there for every visit and any procedure we needed to do. He explained things and when I didn't quite understand took the time to explain it a bit differently. We always felt that he took the time needed in order to get our questions answered.
One thing I really loved about the clinic [Hou Fert Inst] in general was that they knew our insurance wasn't going to cover IVF however, any other procedures we had to have done they always made sure it was done somewhere our insurance would cover...The only nurse we interacted with was Morgan and she was phenomenal! She was extremely positive throughout the entire process, always made sure to ask if there were any other questions and was very patient.
2015 - 2019
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Always be ready with your questions. Knowing that we had to pay full price (our insurance didn't cover our IVF) we did our research and had a list of questions for every visit which helped it go faster. He also has a good sense of humor; so, if you want someone more serious; he is not however, that was our favorite thing about him!
Both the office and Dr. Witz were very patient with us. They were never pushy on any of the treatment, educated us on the options we had and left it up to us to make the choices. Receiving a positive pregnancy test was extremely exciting and both Dr. Witz and our Nurse Meghan celebrated with us and when we found out we were going to miscarry; they gave us time in the room and even though it's been 2 years; have never rushed us for our 2nd transfer.
After testing in 2015; we found out we would only be able to conceive via IVF and started on meds right away once we were ready. We started with Follistim 150 units, Dial pen to 150 & Menopur 150 IU, Take 2 vials as directed for 3 days then went back for bloodwork. After every blood draw; they would adjust my medication. After that I took, Follistim 225 units, Dial pen to 225 and Menopur 150 IU, Take 2 vials as directed. Then Cetrotide 0.25 mg was added. We had the egg retrieval and did a fresh transfer soon after that where I was prescribed o Estrace 2 mg, Take one by mouth to dissolve under your tongue THREE times per day; Prometrium 200mg mg/dl, oral 3x/day, Endometrin 100 mg/dl, Pleace two vaginally with applicator twice daily, Progesterone in Sesame Oil 50 mg/ml, give 50mg (1cc) IM each day (check to see if mixture is 100mg/1cc or 50mg/1cc) and was also adjusted as needed depending on my bloodwork. Once they did the BETA test and it was positive meds were adjusted depending on my blookwork as well. On our 6 week visit; was when the baby's heartbeat completely slowed down and BETA levels started to stall which was when we had a conversation with Dr. Witz and said we were going to just stop all of the meds and gave us the option to have a DND or have it happen naturally. I went with naturally which happened 2 weeks later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Bolten)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One thing I really loved about the clinic in general was that they knew our insurance wasn't going to cover IVF however, any other procedures we had to have done they always made sure it was done somewhere our insurance would cover and our doctor was always willing to travel to that clinic to be there. The only thing I didn't like was that we had to pay for the entire IVF upfront vs a payment plan but understand that this may happen at any clinic.
Total: 12, 950 (without meds) Physician Fee: $6, 900 Lab & Facility Fees: $3,000 Anesthesia Fee: $250 IVF Meds: about $2, 500
I have none as we were on the same page with transferring 2.
Houston Office

She [Dr. Alexa Clapp] mentioned on two occasions once over the phone during our conversation re our cycle failing and in office how she reached out to other doctors in the office to assist our case. Although it was hard to hear that our retrieval failed she understood our need to take time before trying again and had a plan for when we were ready. She also performed my sis in office and walked me through every part of the procedure to but me at ease.
Over all communication [at Houston Fertility Institute] was good until it wasn't. After my cycle failed I received two phone calls because in a months time my insurance became in network and the finance office called to update the information. The second call was from the surgery center calling to schedule my procedure, a month after I had already had a retrieval. This was the only time I felt communication could have been better.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
She mentioned on two occasions once over the phone during our conversation re our cycle failing and in office how she reached out to other doctors in the office to assist our case. Although it was hard to hear that our retrieval failed she understood our need to take time before trying again and had a plan for when we were ready. She also performed my sis in office and walked me through every part of the procedure to but me at ease.
Even if you don't have many questions during consult she was always easily reachable via email to answer questions I had later.
We had several conversation before starting treatment where she answered our questions throughly. Even when our cycle failed we had answers and a new plan. When she didn't have the answers she openly talked about consulting her colleagues and sent me studies to answer the questions I did have.
After all of test results appeared to be normal and on the right track we used birth control to bring my levels down. Once my endocrinologist ok'd my A1c level to start it was gonal and menopur with ovidril starting half way through our tx. Growth via ultrasound was consist although there was concern my estrogen wasn't rising as expected. Before retrieval there were an estimated 4 eggs. Day of retrieval a different Dr performed my procedure, she found 2 eggs but was only able to reach one due to location.
There are two main nurses on the office and although you have one that is assigned to your doctor each nurse is familiar with your case and can sub in for each other as needed.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Over all communication was good until it wasn't. After my cycle failed I received two phone calls because in a months time my insurance became in network and the finance office called to update the information. The second call was from the surgery center calling to schedule my procedure, a month after I had already had a retrieval. This was the only time I felt communication could have been better.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Institute.
I could schedule before work as needed sometimes I could be seen before the official open hours.
We paid out of pocket the first round about 17000 medication was cheaper with the clinic discount verses my insurance.
Due to being high risk due to age and being diabetic single embryo transfer was our best option for the safety and health for me and future baby.
Houston Office

Dr. Williams was very nice but he did not preform any of my IUIs, nor did he do any of my ultrasounds or check up. The only time we met was after each failed IUI...I just didn’t feel like we got 100% of his full attention. Our first consultation, I had sent the clinic my prior medical records and at our consultation I had to resend them because he hadn’t received them, so that means he didn’t have time to review the 30 page file prior to meeting. I felt a little rush during our first meeting, waited over an hour in the waiting room and had two other couples behind us.
I had to follow up several time regarding my medication pre-authorization between the clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] and my insurance. My insurance kept telling me the clinic hasn’t sent them the form that needed to be completed for the pre-authorization...Front desk ladies lacked patience and were sometimes rude. Just be prepared to take your sperm sample and sit in the lobby for 15-30 mins on the day of your IUI. You would think they would push you through right away to see a nurse when you have valuable cargo! Nope! That’s when you feel like a number.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
See prior note. Dr. Williams was very nice but he did not preform any of my IUIs, nor did he do any of my ultrasounds or check up. The only time we met was after each failed IUI. I’m not sure if that is standard with all doctors at HFI. I did feel confident with all of the nurses and doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
I believe he goes back and forth to two locations. I only seemed to be able to make appointments at 4 pm on certain days.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams was very friendly, I just didn’t feel like we got 100% of his full attention. Our first consultation, I had sent the clinic my prior medical records and at our consultation I had to resend them because he hadn’t received them, so that means he didn’t have time to review the 30 page file prior to meeting. I felt a little rush during our first meeting, waited over an hour in the waiting room and had two other couples behind us. HFI has really good satistics so we stayed with Dr. Williams and try 3 IUIs that we’re all BFN.
Describe the protocols Daniel Williams used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
1st IUI femara- and trigger shot body responded really good with 3 follicles. And endometrian. 2nd IUI femara and Trigger shout only one follicle. And endometrian. 3rd IUI injection. Gonal F, Trigger shot and endometrian
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.
My insurance covered most of my medications and IUIs so the costs were pretty good
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I had to follow up several time regarding my medication pre-authorization between the clinic and my insurance. My insurance kept telling me the clinic hasn’t sent them the form that needed to be completed for the pre-authorization.
Daniel Williams
Houston Office
Dr. Witz seems like a great doctor. When I met with him, I felt like he answered all of my questions candidly. However, I rarely saw him. I would see him for a meeting before I started a round of IUI. He never performed any of my IUI procedures, as he has colleagues that take different shifts....Dr. Witz prescribed a small dosage of clomid followed by IUI. One of his colleagues questioned my treatment strategy when he performed an initial exam as I started a cycle however, he went with the orders left by Dr. Witz. It made me concerned that perhaps there were newer ideas that may work better.
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute]seemed to have a high turn-over ratio. The only constant staff were the women who took the blood...Every visit was to a jammed pack waiting room full of women trying to have babies, women pregnant, and women with small children. I rarely saw the same nurse twice. I only saw the doctor at the beginning of each cycle. Rarely did I ever get in & out near my appointment time....$1500 per medicated IUI cycle plus drugs.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Witz seems like a great doctor. When I met with him, I felt like he answered all of my questions candidly. However, I rarely saw him. I would see him for a meeting before I started a round of IUI. He never performed any of my IUI procedures, as he has colleagues that take different shifts. Maybe my cycles just didn't coincide with his work schedule. He was highly recommended by my gynecologist.
Infertility is a vicious cycle. Be prepared to see lots of women crying. Every appointment was full of women crying because they lost a baby, because they got pregnant, or because they found out they weren't pregnant. Dr. Witz was never there when I got my pregnancy test results.
Every visit was to a jammed pack waiting room full of women trying to have babies, women pregnant, and women with small children. I rarely saw the same nurse twice. I only saw the doctor at the beginning of each cycle. Rarely did I ever get in & out near my appointment time. The only constant people were the people taking my blood.
The nursing staff seemed to have a high turn-over ratio. The only constant staff were the women who took the blood. When I went back 6 months after completing & failing 3 cycles, there was not a single nurse that i had seen before.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI is a well respected clinic. I wish there was a separate waiting area for women receiving fertility treatment from the women who are already pregnant or who were having to have D&Cs. I was always stressed out seeing all of the different emotions. I also wish there was a way to get in at your appointment time. Most appointments took less than 10 minutes, but it could take an hour or more to get into a treatment room. Saturdays & the days after holidays were the worst.
$1500 per medicated IUI cycle plus drugs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
On one IUI cycle I was told to take two vaginal hormonal inserts a day. On another IUI cycle I was told to only take one. When I questioned it, I was told that two was entirely too much I must have misunderstood the instructions from the first cycle. I will always wonder if the extra hormones caused me not to conceive.