Houston Fertility Institute

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
6025 Metropolitan Drive
281-681-0480
251 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598
281-554-5111
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Institute to a friend?
The nurses [at Houston Fertility Institute] are absolutely amazing. I knew Rebecca and Vanessa the best. They had so much compassion when I was crying from negative results. They honestly cared about me and were extremely excited when I finally became pregnant. I cannot say enough wonderful things about these 2 women!!...IUI with cost of meds - $4000...I have no issues with the clinic. They work you into the schedule as best as they can. They are incredibly efficient in moving the patients into rooms and getting blood drawn. All of the staff works together very well and you can tell with how smooth things typically run. I usually didn't have to wait much longer than about 10-15 mins at most appointments.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim was there for a lot of my scans. He always knew my name when i walked in, he didn't need to look at my chart to remind himself. When I would cry in his office from a negative test, he would listen to me and let me know he cared. Dr. Kim would listen to my concerns and was ready to try new things when we had failures.
The nurses here are absolutely amazing. I knew Rebecca and Vanessa the best. They had so much compassion when I was crying from negative results. They honestly cared about me and were extremely excited when I finally became pregnant. I cannot say enough wonderful things about these 2 women!!
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim is a phenomenal doctor. He listened to all my concerns. We went over what the best treatment options were. If I wanted to discuss anything, he would give me his opinion on the topic and then let me ultimately decide what I wanted to do. He cared about me as a patient and truly wanted to see me get pregnant and have a baby. He definitely was not trying to push anything for money. He wanted to make sure we got the outcome we wanted (a baby) as fast as possible. He was honest and upfront about everything. He set realistic expectations, and had a positive demeanor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Do your own research. Get as educated as you can. Understanding the process yourself will help you so much with outcomes. Dr. Kim will work to get you the baby you long for, but you also should understand the process and have realistic expectations for your diagnosis.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kim used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I have PCOS. My husband has no issues. I had used clomid for 4 cycles with my OB with no monitoring and no success. We met with Dr. Kim and he laid all our options out. First we did an HSG to make sure my tubes were open. My left tube showed a blockage, so we did a hysteroscopy and found polyps in my uterus, he cleaned them out and it opened up my left tube. He then recommended IUI with injections (since the pills didn't seem to help). I wasn't ready for that yet, so we did a cycle with Femara/Letrozole. Hardly any follicles grew. So we moved to IUI with injections as Dr. Kim had suggested. We got 2 mature follicles and did a double IUI (trigger shot, then IUI the next 2 days in a row). No success. Since no treatments were covered by our insurance, about 4 IUI cycles equal the cost of IVF. Dr. Kim said we could move in either direction. My husband and I decided to go forward with IVF as it has much better success rates and we didnt know how many IUIs it would take to work. We started with birth control to get my cycle regulated, then did injections for 11 days (stims for 11 days, cetrodide for 5 days to keep me from ovulating). We were doing an all freeze cycle, so my trigger shot was lupron (2 days of injections). 19 eggs retrieved, 11 mature follicles, 11 fertilized, and 9 made it to freeze (embryos). My husband and i decided to do PGS testing, even though Dr. Kim didnt think we needed it. Of the 9 blastocysts, 5 were gentically normal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute.
IUI with cost of meds - $4000 IVF doctor/clinic/embryologist/ICSI cost $12900 -- meds $5000 --PGS $5500 Frozen Transfer Cycle cost with meds - $4000
Describe Jonathan Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
For the first transfer, Dr. Kim would only do 1 embryo. it was the safest option and we agreed. No success. For the 2nd transfer, we did 2 embryos at Dr. Kim's recommendation. No success. For the 3rd transfer, we did a different FET protocol and transferred our last 2 genetically normal embryos, and it resulted in a singleton pregnancy.
Katy
Renee [nurse at Houston Fertility Institute] was kind of cold. I thought that she didn't like me...She was available to answer my questions and responded to my messages when I complained about the BC pills making me feel bad. She taught me how to perform the shots. She was very helpful, but she lacked empathy...The IUI cost $2600, only the office expenses. That included the office performing blood tests and ultrasounds to monitor the follicle development then perform the IUI. The meds were $1500. That included Gonal F, the "trigger shot", and the progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They've got a lot of locations which equals appointments available. The whole staff is polite and professional. I had trouble reaching the financial advisor that I was initially assigned to. I tried to get in touch with her via the office messenge system, but she did not respond. I had to call and speak with someone else. The lab, where the IUI was performed, moved very slowly. I didn't like having to go there to get the histoscopy and later the IUI.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams gave a great, clinical explanation but the whole time he never made a personal connection to our family. I felt like it was not very personal to him. I felt alone instead of feeling a partnership with the doctor's office. I blew it off thinking it was just my emotions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Renee Alexander)
Renee was kind of cold. I thought that she didn't like me. I started talking to her about her family to get a smile from her. She was available to answer my questions and responded to my messages when I complained about the BC pills making me feel bad. She taught me how to perform the shots. She was very helpful, but she lacked empathy.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was professional, knowledgeable, trust worthy. I didn't feel that this was very special to him, just a part of his routine. He was aware of the fact that I needed him to manage my thyroid after conception. I saw his associates for my routine tests and ultrasounds on days that he was at other locations. We were not very intimate even though we had a similar background and ethnicity. And I was referred to him but my OBGYN.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Expect to get text book explanation. He can spend a lot of time with you and will answer any of your questions. He's polite and easy to talk to
Describe the protocols Daniel Williams used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
First procedure that Dr. Williams recommended for me was a histoscopy. I took BC pills and his nurse performed a transvaginal ultrasound. After receiving my results I was informed that he recommended IUI or IVF and wanted to put me on BC pills until I was ready to proceed. I objected to that option because I took a few months to start the IUI process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Daniel Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Houston - Mem Hermann
Where the office [Houston Fertility Institute] really shines though is with the nurses. They did a lot of my scans if Dr. Griffith was in surgery...My nurse was always so quick to answer questions and made sure I knew exactly what my protocol was for each step. She gave medication instructions 7 days at a time so I wouldn’t become confused and knew exactly which days to change medicine (patches) and was always available when I called.... They comforted me when things didn’t go my way and always made sure to communicate promptly with test results.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They truly love their patients! You don’t feel like just another $ and they make you feel like your dreams are possible. They comforted me when things didn’t go my way and always made sure to communicate promptly with test results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith is so kind and understanding, he always explained every step with detail and made sure I understood before moving on. Where the office really shines though is with the nurses. They did a lot of my scans if Dr. Griffith was in surgery and they became like family while I was there for both transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
My nurse was always so quick to answer questions and made sure I knew exactly what my protocol was for each step. She gave medication instructions 7 days at a time so I wouldn’t become confused and knew exactly which days to change medicine (patches) and was always available when I called. The other nurses who did my scans were so kind. They became like family and were so happy to see both of my transfers result in positives!
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith has such compassion and truly makes you feel like you are in it together. He cries when you cry and has joy when you have joy. He always explained everything to me and walked me through each step. During my retrieval and transfer, he made sure I was comfortable and calmed any nerves I had. He does have a lot of patients which means he is out of office a lot to do retrievals/transfers and so was not able to do every single one of my scans/appointments, but was always there for the important things.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Write down any questions or fears you have because he will answer and help to make you feel better! There’s so much uncertainty and fear surrouding infertility so it is amazing to let some of that go.
Describe the protocols Jason Griffith used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I had a high AMH during my initial consult so Dr. Griffith opted for a Menopur only cycle. I started at 175 Menopur and was bumped up to 275 because of a low response. Added ganirelix and my ovaries unexpectedly exploded into overtime. Because of this, we switched from HcG to a lupron trigger with the understanding I would do a freeze- all and wait to transfer. I then started protocol for a FET, 2 weeks of estradiol 3x a day, then added progesterone and transferred. I followed the exact same protocol when I did a second FET, 2 years later.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.
We were lucky to have insurance coverage so we paid our out of pocket max, which was around $3,800.
Describe Jason Griffith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
For my first transfer, he left the decision up to me and we decided to transfer 2, 1 stuck. For the second transfer, he strongly recommended 1 and I agreed. He has changed his standard practice in the 2 years between transfers but still let you transfer 2 if you sign releases.
PCOS, Unexplained
It [Houston Fertility Institute is] a new building or remodeled which is nice. It’s in a medical district which is very nice and close to many things. The front desk women are nice... It’s a smaller office and I love that I’m not seeing different doctors every visit...The staff was great! They were familiar faces. They looked out for me when one nurse noticed I was looking pale she looked after me which was caring and checked up on me throughout the appointment.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It’s a new building or remodeled which is nice. It’s in a medical district which is very nice and close to many things. The front desk women are nice. You’ll need your id and insurance card and knowledge of your past history. It’s a smaller office and I love that I’m not seeing different doctors every visit like I did in Frisco, Texas.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She’s great, kind, knowledgeable & someone you can trust.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She’s great! She listens, remembers me, compassionate, knowledgeable, and has a hopeful attitude. As a patient she’s great at explaining what to expect. She’s caring. She’s open to repeating information and providing detailed notes and answers to specific questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She’s knowledgeable so come with questions if you have any. She’s be happy to explain them.
Describe the protocols Kemi Nurudeen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
You’ll start off with paperwork of your history, discuss your history with the doctor, blood work, check egg size, get prescribed medicine to start period, get a period, check egg size, blood work, when they are a few in a good size you’ll take a trigger shot then timed sex or iui. Later you’ll go in for blood work & that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Met back with the doctor for review of what happened and what’s next option wise. Found out I have an unsolved mystery reason. Hoping to do IVF soon. As a pair of teachers we are looking for affordable options.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute.
$800 timed pregnancy with a $100 shot & office visits.
Describe Kemi Nurudeen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I’d like multiple embryo but I know we have to sign something about the increase in multiples not being a good thing for women and doctors etc etc.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI strengths: VOLUME. They do this so much they know their stuff and have seen it all and can handle it all. Their embryologist communication was excellent post retrieval. they do retrievals on weekends. I was so pleased that they did not accelerate my cycle or downregulate my cycle to make it more convenient for them. Weaknesses: you do not get one on one time with your doctor at every monitoring appt unless you have some particularly unusual case. So get comfortable with nurses giving you answers and not doctors. Get the first AM appt at the woodlands office or else you will be waiting for a while. they use the portal a lot so get used to it. You may not have your doctor for every procedure. I had a hysteroscopy with another doctor but she truly was wonderful so I did not mind. I also wanted to keep on a schedule and not wait until my doctor had an available operating slot, so I am sure I Could have had him if I wanted to. They have call doctors for weekends so you may not have your retrieval with your exact doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Whenever I was in Dr. Stewards presence, I felt like a person. He remembered specific stories we have shared or remembered to ask about recent vacations. When I was going through the actual monitoring appts at the clinic without interaction with him, I Felt more like a number
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jennice)
Jennice was super intelligent. She gave us a one on one IV injections class. Always called me in addition to sending messages to my portal and was caring and compassionate at appts. I had a few other ladies do some random monitoring on me during cycle and Jennice was by far the best.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
My obgyn gave me two options in The Woodlands. Dr. Steward or Dr. Griffith. In doing research, I chose Dr. Steward because he was younger, native Texan, trained at Duke , had personal experience with multiple miscarriages with his wife (At the time of the appt I had three miscarriages in a row and was desperate for answers) and had a kind, empathetic face. I just had a second d and c three days prior to my appt with him, so I was very fragile at that time. At our first meeting he set out an exact plan for us to complete at our pace and never pressured us to rush through the work up. Everything he hypothesized was happening with us came true. He said this is not a sperm issue, no need to even do a sperm test, we have gotten pregnant three times on the first try on our own, sperm could not be involved. And of course I forced my husband to do the SA and it came back with off the chart stellar numbers. He hypothesized I may have some lackadaisical hormones and mild "garden variety ovulatory dysfunction" which does not fit in any type of diagnosis and because of that, I ovulate late and can't ramp up the hormone supply needed with pregnancy. Since my AMH levels were great (5) and age was 33, we could build my entire family at the age of 33 with PGS tested embryos and give ample hormone support as well as aspirin and lovenox to prevent miscarriage with a frozen embryo cycle. Well all the testing was normal including sperm, uterus, etc and my hormones were exactly as he said. We elected to proceed with IVF instead of an assisted monitoring cycle so we could build our family NOW and take off any pressure to have more kids in a rapid succession later. As he predicted, I did not need a ton of medication due to the great AMH at 5. with embryo retrieval we got 13 total. 12 mature. 12 fertilized. 8 have been sent to PGS testing as day 6 blastocysts and we are currently waiting on these results. The process has gone exactly as he said it would. He nailed the medications. I did not have ANY left over. I did NOT hyper stimulate. I feel like we got the most "bang for our buck" with the 8 embryos for pgs testing (the max amount allowed without paying extra) and spent 4k on meds without wasting/having leftovers. He has been blunt with delivery but so kind and warm and most importantly has been 100% accurate thus far. I am in the medical field and it's VERY difficult for me to be the patient and I have surrendered and trust him with every decision here on out. no questions asked. I highly recommend him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
He knows his stuff. If you bring research he will review it with you and weigh in. He does listen and consider what you have to say but without a doubt every question I had, or concern I had, his knowledge prevailed and he was right. Be prepared for very cut and dry black and white approach. He is warm with more visits and he does have a great bedside manner. I felt I was in extremely competent hands with someone who is very confident in his skills.
Describe the protocols Ryan Steward used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
After suffering 3 miscarriages in 2017 and the work up was done from oct 2017-dec 2017 and was essentially negative and no causes found for miscarriages, I was presented with three options. 1) do what he have been doing and call when pregnant for hormone support 2)assisted cycle with Timed intercourse to really nail ovulation time and with climid maybe producing more than 1 follicle with more options for sperm to find egg and also use hormonal support with progerstone or do 3)IVF with PGS testing and build our entire family at 33 years old. He said he would leave it to us. We ultimately decided to skip to IVF as 2017 was a long hard year with three losses and we were ready to be parents and surrender a little bit of control bc what he had been doing had not yet produced a live birth. So in january after a much needed vacation, I downregulated with birth control for 2 weeks, stimulated with Gonal F 150 and Menopur 150 for 10 days (with ceteotride for ovulation prevention added in when my follicles got to 13). He stated I did not need many meds as I have a garden variety ovulatory dysfunction in the pcos family but not severe enough to be pcos with an AMH of 5. He nailed the medications. I did not have any left over so there was no money wasted. I only had two monitoring appts week one and two appts week 2, so 4 total and it was not a disruption to my life or full time work schedule. I got 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 8 made it to 6day blastocyst and we have sent those for PGS and waiting on results. I consider this very successful at this point.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute.
workup, including hysteroscopy, was billed under Recurrent pregnancy loss and was covered under insurance without any out of pocket cost, except for Sperm analysis which was 100$ doctor fee/cycle monitoring 6900$ anesthesia for retrieval 250$ surgery center cost for retrieval 2800$ pgs testing and other lab fees 7,750$ medications 4,100$ have not ordered medications for transfer yet but I think about 1,000$ FIRST transfer is included in the original costs. subsequent transfers of frozen embryos will be around 2,000$
Describe Ryan Steward's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Steward only recommended FET after PGS testing for me given that our goal was to not have any more miscarriages (we already had 3).
Anovulation, Other, Unexplained
It’s harder to get someone [at Houston Fertility Institute-Willowbrook] on the phone now vs our first cycle in 2016. But overall, everyone is friendly and ready to help. Strength - multiple locations and for most visits you are able to go to one you choose... 2016 cycle: approximately $22k for retrieval and transfer 2018: approx $5k per cycle with medication. The physician fees for the cycle after the cancelled cycle were waived
Anovulation, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It’s harder to get someone on the phone now vs our first cycle in 2016. But overall, everyone is friendly and ready to help. Strength - multiple locations and for most visits you are able to go to one you choose
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Friendly staff, always felt personal during visits I was hospitalized for 6 days due to hyperstimulation and Dr Skorupski was available to us around the clock
Always friendly, answered all questions in a timely manner. Showed compassion for us
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
I would (and do) highly recommend Dr Skorupski. Very good communicator, patient with questions, used non-medical terms to help me understand, and was always open with risks. He never guaranteed success (something no one should promise) but was always optimistic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask questions and trust the process.
Describe the protocols Josh Skorupski used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
2016 cycle: can’t remember the medication but we used injections and had an egg retrieval. Due to hyperstimulation, we froze all embryos. We transferred two (we picked boy/girl) after hormone prep (estrogen patch, estrogen pill, and PIO) and had a successful pregnancy/Delivery. 2018: first cycle was cancelled after I did not respond to hormone prep. Second cycle we used gonal f for stimulation, then added estrogen and PIO after trigger shot. Transfer of one tested embryo results in negative preganancy test. Third cycle, we went back to hormone prep but added a viagra vaginal suppository. Transfer of one tested embryo resulted in negative pregnancy test. Fourth cycle, we have done a miscarriage panel and discovered Factor 2 mutation. We went back to gonal f for stimulation plus viagra suppository, Plaquenil, lovenox, and baby aspirin. We transferred two untested embryos and are in the two week wait
Describe the costs associated with your care under Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Josh Skorupski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Yes, the guidance had changed between our 2016 and 2018 cycles. He updated us and helped us decide what was right for us after several failed transfers
Houston Willowbrook
I had to follow up several time regarding my medication pre-authorization between the clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] and my insurance. My insurance kept telling me the clinic hasn’t sent them the form that needed to be completed for the pre-authorization...Front desk ladies lacked patience and were sometimes rude. Just be prepared to take your sperm sample and sit in the lobby for 15-30 mins on the day of your IUI. You would think they would push you through right away to see a nurse when you have valuable cargo! Nope! That’s when you feel like a number.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Williams was very friendly, I just didn’t feel like we got 100% of his full attention. Our first consultation, I had sent the clinic my prior medical records and at our consultation I had to resend them because he hadn’t received them, so that means he didn’t have time to review the 30 page file prior to meeting. I felt a little rush during our first meeting, waited over an hour in the waiting room and had two other couples behind us. HFI has really good satistics so we stayed with Dr. Williams and try 3 IUIs that we’re all BFN.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
See prior note. Dr. Williams was very nice but he did not preform any of my IUIs, nor did he do any of my ultrasounds or check up. The only time we met was after each failed IUI. I’m not sure if that is standard with all doctors at HFI. I did feel confident with all of the nurses and doctors.
I believe he goes back and forth to two locations. I only seemed to be able to make appointments at 4 pm on certain days.
1st IUI femara- and trigger shot body responded really good with 3 follicles. And endometrian. 2nd IUI femara and Trigger shout only one follicle. And endometrian. 3rd IUI injection. Gonal F, Trigger shot and endometrian
My insurance covered most of my medications and IUIs so the costs were pretty good
Male Factor, Other
We have had very little interaction with nursing staff [Houston Fertility Institute]. However, the interactions we did have were average. The nurse who called initially about my husband's SA was very rushed and had little time to explain the results to us. We had to do most of the research on our own.... Initially we saw another doctor in the clinic. We felt like they did not give us the individualized attention that Dr. Hoff did.
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Initially we saw another doctor in the clinic. We felt like they did not give us the individualized attention that Dr. Hoff did. We never saw that doctor again, even though we saw several doctors before transferring our care to Dr. Hoff. If the other doctor was our impression, we would have been very disappointing in the clinic, but Dr. Hoff was redeeming. It also takes a while to get records to other providers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hoff took the time to explain all information to us. The biggest benefit was that she called me personally (not her nurse) to go over lab results as well as check on me after surgery. Many doctors do not take the time to do that.
We have had very little interaction with nursing staff. However, the interactions we did have were average. The nurse who called initially about my husband's SA was very rushed and had little time to explain the results to us. We had to do most of the research on our own.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
How was your experience with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hoff is very personable. She took the time to explain all information and answer all questions. She really made you feel like you were her primary priority and didn't rush you. She also was good at explaining the science behind her answers instead of just giving you the answer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Make sure to come with your list of questions prior to the appointment.
Describe the protocols Heather Hoff used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I am currently in the process of treatments. We did a cystectomy and further testing recommended IVF as our course of action. Currently in the planning stages for IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute.
We pay a copay for standard visits (including labs). I had a surgery with Dr. Hoff (cystectomy and tubal analysis) that cost $40K (total cost not including insurance). This was more expensive due to extensive pathology. IVF is projected to cost 13K not including medications.
Heather Hoff
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Facility [Houston Fertility Institute] in Beaumont and Houston were top notch. Very up to date on technology and equipment. Facility is very modern and clean. Very comfortable atmosphere. I was able to everything with exception of transfer st the Beaumont office which closest to me.... $10,450 for the donor for eggs, $5,500 for PGS testing. This was not covered by insurance. $1300 for medications not covered by insurance. Each transfer was approximately $6,000. Insurance covered all after deductible and out of pocket were met.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Facility in Beaumont and Houston were top notch. Very up to date on technology and equipment. Facility is very modern and clean. Very comfortable atmosphere. I was able to everything with exception of transfer st the Beaumont office which closest to me.
The office staff and nurses were very caring and involved in making sure I understood all instructions. Doctor is always available for my many questions during appointments and I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tammi)
Nurse staff was excellent. Always made time to ensure I understood all instructions.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr is very knowledgeable, knows how to communicate the process, what to expect, both the good and potential bad. He was very involved from start until now. For any challenges I was having, the doctor would call me personally if the news was not good. He as always very supportive and happy to say, I am 6 weeks pregnant.
He is very patient and understanding.
Because I was already in peri menopause, doc was very deliberate in everything knowing my age was a huge factor in timing. I did a total of 4 transfers, the first resulting in a chemical pregnancy, the next two resulted in no implantation at all. With each attempt, he adjusted or added to my meds. For our fourth and last attempt , we decided to include Neupogen shot and it worked. I am on Estrace, Mineville patch, Plaqinel, baby aspirin, Lovunox shots, progesterone in oil shots.
Due to my donors age, there concerns about more than one transfer, higher % of embryo splitting. So first two attempts we only transferred one. Knowing my timing was limited , we decided to transfer two on our third attempt which did not work. We had two embryos left so transferred both on our fourth attempt and we had one that did implant. Currently six weeks pregnant.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor
No weaknesses in my book. Location was perfect for getting the league city area patients. Clean and updated and seemed to have all the tools they needed. Wish they had the ability to do procedures there ... All staff [at HFI] was very friendly and addressed you as if you were family. They tried to remember (and were successful) on what we were up to in our personal lives... [RN's] Welcoming, compassionate and knowledgeable .
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
No weaknesses in my book. Location was perfect for getting the league city area patients. Clean and updated and seemed to have all the tools they needed. Wish they had the ability to do procedures there but with the few times I needed them it was okay having to drive into Houston, just prefer not to.
All staff was very friendly and addressed you as if you were family. They tried to remember (and were successful) on what we were up to in our personal lives. There was no "sugar-coating" things and Dr. Nurudeen spoke to me as a patient and not another doctor when using medical terms. Step-by-step processes were given so I wasn't waiting to see what was next in the process.
Welcoming, compassionate and knowledgeable .
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
The best, hands down. Wouldn't let any of my friends go anywhere else. Professional, friendly, caring, knowledgeable. All the staff included. Biggest plus is having a clinic in Webster since I live in League City.
Don't worry, you're in good hands.
I do not remember the names of the medications and the step by step process is a bit blurry but I can do my best: Had a consult including my ultrasound and notice my follicles not fully developing to ovulate, had my husband do a sperm sample as well. Results came back which called for IVF for best chance of pregnancy. Histerscopy (spelling), shots in the belly to develop follicles, egg retrieval, progesterone shots for ~12 weeks in the hip with the embryo placement within the 12 weeks.
Mostly OOP. Insurance did cover a substantial amount of cost for medication.
she told us the risks and benefits of a singleton vs multiples but told me I would be fine carrying either. She was opposed to putting in more than 2 embryos
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] is efficient and gets the job done. I was most bothered by the way they delivered bad news. I felt a lack of empathy, although it could have also been my emotion due to the trauma of each miscarriage...I asked for a phone call from the business office with specifics in regards to IVF treatment... I never received that call which played into my decision to switch clinics.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
This clinic is efficient and has definite procedures and protocol in place. It operates very smoothly, and the doctors work as a team. I got the impression that they provided the same course of testing for each patient rather than looking at each patients specific issues. I also felt that the pricing was high. After I changed doctors, I received an email from someone in the main office. When I explained I had changed clinics, this is when they said they will price match. Overall, I was thankful I switched clinics, although this clinic was more convenient location wise.
The office was always busy. Dr. Griffith was definitely kind but always pushed IVF. I always felt like they were just rotating through patients. I wanted him to find answers as to why my body could not hold the pregnancies, and I knew that he hadn’t come to that conclusion. I was afraid to do IVF and have another miscarriage.
The nursing staff is efficient and gets the job done. I was most bothered by the way they delivered bad news. I felt a lack of empathy, although it could have also been my emotion due to the trauma of each miscarriage.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I was pleased with Dr. Griffith at the beginning of my treatment. After 1 miscarriage, his associate performed a hysteroscopy, and I learned about pre cancerous cells in my body. Dr, Griffith treated me for 2 months and a colleague performed a second hysteroscopy. The pre cancerous cells were gone. I was hopeful that this was the treatment I needed. My husband and I opted for an IUI. Dr. Griffith was extremely optimistic, so I was disappointed when I started my cycle prior to the pregnancy test. The office still had me go in for this test even though I already knew the outcome. We took a break in treatment and got pregnant twice on our own. Both ended in miscarriage, unfortunately. Dr. Griffith told me later the pregnancies were considered chemical pregnancies but did not explain that to me. We went back to Dr. Griffith to discuss IVF. He was ready to start the process. I asked about my thyroid and other tests that could be performed to figure out why these miscarriages occurred. Dr. Griffith did not feel that looking into anything else would be of benefit.
Always get a second opinion.
For the IUI, I took Gonal F injections. The meds did provide multiple eggs being in play during the IUI. We did the ovidrel trigger shot for ovulation. For whatever reason, the IUI was unsuccessful.
I spent $7,000 on fertility diagnostic testing and treatments with this doctor. This includes 2 hysteroscopies, genetic testing, prescription medications, and 1 IUI round.
Dr. Griffith would only transfer 1 healthy embryo (after PGS testing). If we did not have PGS, then he would transfer up to 3.
PCOS, Unexplained
Overall we really enjoyed being at HFI- The Woodlands. I would say the only down fall to HFI having so many offices is that for our IUI transfers and IVF procedures (retrieval and transfer) we would have to drive downtown to a different location... I absolutely loved the nursing staff at HFI- The Woodlands. They were constantly answering questions we had, no matter how many times a day I would call.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Overall we really enjoyed being at HFI- The Woodlands. I would say the only down fall to HFI having so many offices is that for our IUI transfers and IVF procedures (retrieval and transfer) we would have to drive downtown to a different location to have these done because they only do them out of one office/hospital. Also if I had an appointment that would fall on a Saturday or Sunday (you have to go every so many days so these are required) they would be downtown as well. It wasn't a huge issue, but make sure that you have the time to do this if you go forward.
He always knew what was going on in our lives and was interested in knowing how we were doing through the whole process.
I absolutely loved the nursing staff at HFI- The Woodlands. They were constantly answering questions we had, no matter how many times a day I would call. They would take the time to explain in detail and if they weren't sure they would consult Dr. Griffith and I would hear back by the end of the day. When we had negative pregnancy tests they were extremely cautious and sensitive as to how they would deliver the message to us.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith was very good about listening. He would answer the 1,000s of questions we had and would tell us what he honestly thought was best for us to do next. He would have consultations with us when we weren't sure about something.
Listen to the Doctor. He is the expert in the area of infertility. Do NOT search the web for what you think would be best. There is a reason they do everything in the order that they do it. I got very frustrated at first because I didn't understand the process, but now that I do it all makes sense.
We did Clomid with our OBGYN, so when we got to Dr. Griffith we went to IUI. He told us the differences in success rates and price between IUI and IVF and since we were unexplained infertility we decided to do IUI and use IVF as a last resort. Before doing an IUI I had to have a hyteroscopy to make sure that my uterus was in good condition and clear of fibroids. After 2 rounds of IUI he still wasn't sure why things weren't happening. Everything was perfect with our IUI, but the sperm wasn't meeting the egg. We took a break after this because it was emotionally and physically draining. We went back to see what we should do next. Since I took a break, he went ahead and did another hysterocopy to make sure that nothing had formed over the last year. After this we began stims to start IVF. Through IVF we used a number of injection prescriptions which resulted in 27 eggs being retrieved. After ICSI we had 18 embryos frozen. We transfered 2 embryos about a month and a half later (after my body healed from retrieval) and one survived.
IUI- about $4,000/round (without medication) IVF- about $13,000 for retrieval and transfer (without medication) IVF Frozen Transfer- about $4,000 (without medication)
Dr. Griffith Highly suggested that we only transfer 1 embryo because I was so young. I fought it and pushed for 2. He did transfer 2 because that was what I wanted, but he warned me of the risks that can come with multiples.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Once you get your treatment they [Houston Fertility Institute] send you to the main location in Houston. For Iui you get which ever doctor is available.... They didn’t defrost my husband’s sperm on time. On 2016, a dr. Bello didn’t send the right prescription to the pharmacy and prescribed the wrong one too, and I did t get any explanation and results about procedure.... Tammi was working with another nurse that she was training. That nurse was immature, interrupting Tammi when we were trying to scheduled.
European, Latino
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Once you get your treatment they send you to the main location in Houston. For Iui you get which ever doctor is available. Basically, you get anyone you do t have a rapport with. That’s one thing I didn’t like. I do like my doctor.
When I went to Houston go get my IUI I felt like a number. They messed up my procedure because they forgot to defrost my husband’s sperm. Therefore, an appointment that was scheduled for 10am wasn’t until 1:30p. Then, I had to go inthe next day at 8:30a so they could defrost the sperm, didn’t get seen u til 11:20a. I was one of the first patients there and was the last one to leave. By the way, those two procedures were not done by my doctor. When the Dr. Skropuski saw me in Beaumont I was treated like a human.
Tammi was working with another nurse that she was training. That nurse was immature, interrupting Tammi when we were trying to scheduled. She was so rude that when I called to let them know that I had taken my trigger shot 30 mins late she just answered cross your finger and pray it works. I was so mad because I had just paid a lot of money and it was a bit stressful situation for her to be telling me that.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
I liked him because he explained my diagnose, but not the procedure because i didn’t know what to expect. He does show compassion, and listened to my question and complains. When my husband and I went we asked him to fill our some forms for a grant and he said he would, but at the end we didn’t qualify for it.
Make sure he explains the procedure you’ll be getting done. And whatever you do try to avoid Dr. Bello in Houston.
I’m sorry I don’t remember.
With medicines and freezing of the sperm about 6500-7000
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
One weakness [at Houston Fertility Institute] is that you don't personally see your doctor every appointment. You will usually see a doctor just not yours always. Hfi is truly the best clinic in Houston, so I don't think it's much of a drawback. My nurses have been so kind. They give me meds if I really need them since I'm a cash pay patient (so expensive!) I would recommend my doctor, and others I have encountered through my time with hfi, a million timers over. They don't treat you like a number. My doctor knows every woman is different. I love them all at hfi!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One weakness is that you don't personally see your doctor every appointment. You will usually see a doctor just not yours always. Hfi is truly the best clinic in Houston, so I don't think it's much of a drawback. My nurses have been so kind. They give me meds if I really need them since I'm a cash pay patient (so expensive!) I would recommend my doctor, and others I have encountered through my time with hfi, a million timers over. They don't treat you like a number. My doctor knows every woman is different. I love them all at hfi!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Bello always is very personal. She gave me her phone number and told me to text her anytime (when I was going through an ectopic pregnancy following an iui). She always takes the time to explain things to me. She calls me when she is concerned with something, and she is always telling me that she is praying for me.
They are super busy at this clinic - there are only 2 of them, and a lot of times they're in charge when no doctor is there. They are easy to reach by phone or patient portal. The only thing I have a complaint about is how quickly I get my prescriptions sent. I think this also has something to do with cvs. They're so slow, so I can't completely blame the nurses. They're sweet ladies who really care about you!
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Bello is amazing. She is a great surgeon. This can be a downfall because she is at the main hfi location a lot for surgery. She is in cypress in Wednesday afternoons and thursdays. She looks over all of your labs and ultrasounds after each visit and tells the nurses what to do next. She is pretty conservative which I appreciate. I would recommend her to everyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
She is blunt and tells things the way they are, but she is also very compassionate. She will be honest with you.
Describe the protocols Sandra Bello used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I have pcos so I respond very strongly to meds. She had me trigger with different medicine when my estradiol went over a certain level. This saved me from having ohss too bad when I had my egg retrieval (42 mature eggs!) she is just an amazing doctor who knows my body and knows what will work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute.
Each iui was $2800 up front. This did not include meds. Meds were about $1,000. I had zero coverage. For Ivf, it was $12950 up front not including meds. It was $5900 additional for pgs. We decided not to do the pgs testing.
Describe Sandra Bello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
She doesn't have a strong preference. She is letting me transfer 2 and I am young and healthy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
HFI was always very easy to work with. Doctors, nurses, and the finance department was very kind and organized. They always promptly returned calls, answered any questions, and were easy to work with and schedule appointments with.... Vanessa was always so kind and understanding. I called very often and she always calmed my nerves and was very knowledgeable.... Our total cost for IVF, freezing embryos, and the transfer was around $20,000.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Kim was amazing. I was so incredibly nervous during the entire IVF process and he always took the time to listen to my concerns and fears. Many times after becoming pregnant I would call feeling very anxious and he had me come in for an ultrasound just to calm my fears.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa Jones/ Joy )
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim was such an amazing doctor. We had gone through several years of infertility, a surgery, and 7 IUI’s prior to meeting with him. By the time we had our appointment with him I had little hope left at conceiving. When I met with him I instantly felt hope. He was so easy to talk to and explained everything in a way that we were able to understand. He was honest through the entire process and always took the time at every single appointment to sit down with us and discuss our treatment. He went above and beyond to ensure that everything went as planned. I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about him. We now have a healthy little boy as a result of IVF as his patient and we just took him to meet the dr that helped us conceive our little miracle.
Put all of your other fertility experiences in the past and go into your appointment with an open mind. I am so thankful I did not give up before finding Dr. Kim
Dr. Kim found that I had a thryroid issue so I was put on thyroid medication before beginning my cycle. I also did injections and progesterone
Our total cost for IVF, freezing embryos, and the transfer was around $20,000.
I was appreciative that Dr. Kim knew what my body was able to handle in regards to medication and doing a frozen cycle.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
The phlebotomists and the nurses [at Houston Fertility Institute] were great. Especially, Daisy. My care coordinator was sometimes very short with me without provocation....Unfortunately, the billing department leaves a lot to be desired. If your cycle fails, you're supposed to be covered by the HFI Assurance - meaning that your next cycle will be free of physician's fees. Both of my cycles failed, by the way. Before my second cycle (Sept. '16), the billing department tried to charge us for the full amount including the doctor's fees. I spoke to a couple of people, and eventually, it was straightened out...There were a couple of times during my second cycle where I wasn't given instructions. I had to call to remind them.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
There are multiple branches, but I frequented the Willowbrook location. It's clean, and seems to be run pretty efficiently. There's never a long wait. Unfortunately, the billing department leaves a lot to be desired. If your cycle fails, you're supposed to be covered by the HFI Assurance - meaning that your next cycle will be free of physician's fees. Both of my cycles failed, by the way. Before my second cycle (Sept. '16), the billing department tried to charge us for the full amount including the doctor's fees. I spoke to a couple of people, and eventually, it was straightened out. I was assured that it was the last we'd hear of the extra fees. Fast forward to March '17 when I received more bills for the physician's fees. I had to talk to two more people to get things straightened out. I was told that I do not owe any physician's fees, and hopefully this will be the last time I get billed. We'll see...
Dr. Griffith is very warm. He truly seems to care about my husband and me. He never became annoyed by our barrage of questions, and he was always happy to explain processes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Fernandez)
The phlebotomists and the nurses were great. Especially, Daisy. My care coordinator was sometimes very short with me without provocation.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I didn't see Dr. Griffith as often as I would've liked. The times I did see him, he was fully present and always kind. I do wish he had performed the egg retrievals, however. Despite two failed IVF cycles, we did learn so much from the tests Dr. Griffith insisted we undergo. We learned that I have MTHFR and a clotting disorder. That information has helped us maintain my current natural (completely spontaneous) pregnancy that occurred mere months after our last failed cycle. I'm so grateful!
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. Dr. Griffith will address them all, and he's remarkably comforting.
I don't recall the exact protocol, but I took Bravelle, Menopur, and Ovidrel before my retrieval. I had approximately 11 follicles that looked promising, but only 5 eggs were retrieved. Three of the eggs were mature, and only two fertilized. Only one egg made it to day 5, and it was frozen. I had responded well to stims for an IUI at another clinic so he thought it would go well. After the failed transfer, Dr. Griffith spoke to us again and said he'd introduce Lupron and an antagonist protocol should we decide on round 2. With round 2, we used Lupron, Menopur, and Gonal-f. We had 10 follicles. We ended up with 2 poor quality 3-day embryos. Unfortunately, they didn't take.
$25k - this includes one IVF cycle and unlimited frozen transfers as well as meds.
Houston Willowbrook
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute]seemed to have a high turn-over ratio. The only constant staff were the women who took the blood...Every visit was to a jammed pack waiting room full of women trying to have babies, women pregnant, and women with small children. I rarely saw the same nurse twice. I only saw the doctor at the beginning of each cycle. Rarely did I ever get in & out near my appointment time....$1500 per medicated IUI cycle plus drugs.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI is a well respected clinic. I wish there was a separate waiting area for women receiving fertility treatment from the women who are already pregnant or who were having to have D&Cs. I was always stressed out seeing all of the different emotions. I also wish there was a way to get in at your appointment time. Most appointments took less than 10 minutes, but it could take an hour or more to get into a treatment room. Saturdays & the days after holidays were the worst.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Every visit was to a jammed pack waiting room full of women trying to have babies, women pregnant, and women with small children. I rarely saw the same nurse twice. I only saw the doctor at the beginning of each cycle. Rarely did I ever get in & out near my appointment time. The only constant people were the people taking my blood.
The nursing staff seemed to have a high turn-over ratio. The only constant staff were the women who took the blood. When I went back 6 months after completing & failing 3 cycles, there was not a single nurse that i had seen before.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Witz seems like a great doctor. When I met with him, I felt like he answered all of my questions candidly. However, I rarely saw him. I would see him for a meeting before I started a round of IUI. He never performed any of my IUI procedures, as he has colleagues that take different shifts. Maybe my cycles just didn't coincide with his work schedule. He was highly recommended by my gynecologist.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Infertility is a vicious cycle. Be prepared to see lots of women crying. Every appointment was full of women crying because they lost a baby, because they got pregnant, or because they found out they weren't pregnant. Dr. Witz was never there when I got my pregnancy test results.
Describe the protocols Craig Witz used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Dr. Witz prescribed a small dosage of clomid followed by IUI. One of his colleagues questioned my treatment strategy when he performed an initial exam as I started a cycle however, he went with the orders left by Dr. Witz. It made me concerned that perhaps there were newer ideas that may work better.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.
$1500 per medicated IUI cycle plus drugs.
Houston - Hous
Strengths [of Houston Fertility Institute]: ease of scheduling; can always communicate via the portal; nice to see all lab results, instructions, and consent forms on the portal; personal staff; on time every time with appointments; professional; financial counselor was good at clarifying what was covered by insurance and what was not; treatment costs were very transparent. Weaknesses: don't take phone calls during lunch; make sure you read the consent forms ahead
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strengths: ease of scheduling; can always communicate via the portal; nice to see all lab results, instructions, and consent forms on the portal; personal staff; on time every time with appointments; professional; financial counselor was good at clarifying what was covered by insurance and what was not; treatment costs were very transparent. Weaknesses: don't take phone calls during lunch; make sure you read the consent forms ahead of time because front office staff expects you to sign without reading (they did offer to print the consent form when I complained that I was just signing electronic pages without reading, but it turned out that it was really really long and would have made me super late for my appointment to read it at that time)
Dr. Kim remembered every detail about my health and care with every visit. He always took the time to answer all of my questions and encouraged me to contact his office if I thought of others after the visit. He took time to explain the ultrasounds and test results. The one time I had a concern, he made time in his clinic schedule to see me immediately and verified that everything was going well.
Great caring staff! We bonded since we were seeing each other so often. I got to know them on a personal level. They were very good at clarifying instructions and responding in a timely manner. I could send an email to them at 7pm and would often get a reply email the following morning at 8am. They were always able to accommodate my crazy personal schedule. Vanessa Jones even offered to come to my house to teach my husband how to do the IM shots since he could not make it to the clinic for instruction. I was impressed she cared so much.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim is very personable and very knowledgeable in his field. He practices evidence-based medicine based on our many discussions about recent fertility advancements. I appreciated his realistic statistics which helped me shape realistic expectations. His bedside manner is very gentle and genuine. I wish that he could continue to be my OB/Gyn throughout my entire pregnancy. He wanted to personally participate in my IVF procedures and even did the implantation on a Saturday because that was when my body was ready. He listened to my concerns and needs every step of the way. It was important to me to transfer only one embryo, as I am personally fearful of twins. Our first singleton transfer was a success! I could tell he really enjoyed sharing listening to the first heartbeats with us. It was special to him, not just the 1000th time for him.
Feel free to ask your questions. Bring as much prior fertility workup information with you to your consultation so that he can review it with you and start the ground running from there.
My issue is PCOS and anovulation. So we first tried a clomid cycle, confirmed that 2 follicles were ready, triggered their release, and had intercourse for 3 days as directed. This was a cheaper option than starting with IVF, although he projected a success rate of about 9%. Thus, we were not especially let down when we had a negative pregnancy test, but we were happy that we had started with the easiest and cheapest option. We then tried a different hormone (can't remember the name), found that 1 follicle was ready, triggered ovulation, and did IUI twice (on 2 consecutive days). We knew again that our projected success rate was still low, and we had a negative pregnancy test. At this point Dr. Kim had a discussion with us. We could choose to increase the aggressiveness of the hormones and try IUI again or we could proceed to IVF. Dr. Kim mentioned that trying the more aggressive IUI cycle had a higher risk of multiples and a much lower success rate than IVF. We decided to proceed with IVF. I underwent the egg retrieval process. I produced 50+ follicles since I had such a high ovarian reserve (PCOS). He harvested 29 and then inactivated the others (because who needs that many eggs?). I never had to take any pain medication afterwards. He was very careful to make sure that I did not experience ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) by changing to a lupron trigger shot. After the retrieval, I was concerned that I could be developing OHSS, so I called his office and he had me come in immediately. He examined my right away (I don't think I even finished signing in at the front) and found that I was doing okay and gave me some directions. I recovered quickly. Back to the eggs. 29 eggs were harvested, 19 fertilized, and 12 reached the 5 day blastocyst stage. We did genetic testing. 6 had normal chromosomes. We were very glad we did the genetic testing. The nonviable embryos would have likely resulted in miscarriages and disappointment. So even though the genetic testing was expensive, we felt we probably saved money, time, and heartache by avoiding futile IVF cycles. We waited a month for my body to recover from the retrieval, and then we implanted a single genetically normal 5-day blastocyst. Dr. Kim showed us our first baby photo - a picture of our embryo hatching - before the procedure. He came in on a Saturday to do the implantation, as that was the best day for my body. He showed how he was placing the embryo on the ultrasound and took a photo for us. We felt that he made the process special for us. We did the bed rest thing for 3 days and then the waiting game began. Dr. Kim told me when I could cheat with a home urine pregnancy test if I wanted. So I did cheat and it was positive! But of course, I waited to get excited until the official blood test was done. Dr. Kim monitored our very early pregnancy up until we were 10 weeks along. I did an estrogen patch, estrogen sublingual pills, and IM progesterone shots up until 10 weeks. Everything progressed as usual. Hearing our daughter's heartbeat for the first time was so special for all of us in the room, including Dr. Kim. He was genuinely excited for us. We can't wait to send him our birth announcement in the future! I have recommended Dr. Kim to all friends having fertility issues. As a physician myself, I have also recommended him to my patients as well.
The cost was comparable to other fertility locations.
Katy
These women [the nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] were such an important aspect of my treatment; they were compassionate, encouraging, and knew exactly the right thing to say at the right time. When we were exited from the office at 12 weeks, after seeing them 1-3x per week for 4 months, I was sad to leave these ladies.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
My only complaint with HFI was an over-reliance on the Patient Portal, though I understand that a clinic as big as HFI needs a communication tool such as this. Everything else. From staff to facilities was superb and probably a huge reason for our first cycle being successful.
The over-reliance on the patient portal was the in,y thing that made me "feel like a number," though whenever I called the office to speak someone, they were there to help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Juli and Veronica)
These women were such an important aspect of my treatment; they were compassionate, encouraging, and knew exactly the right thing to say at the right time. When we were exited from the office at 12 weeks, after seeing them 1-3x per week for 4 months, I was sad to leave these ladies.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Steward is very confident. Our treatment went exactly as planned, even as far as having extra embryos to freeze to come back to for more children down the road. My husband loved his confidence, whereas I felt put-off by it. Sometimes I felt Dr. Steward was dismissive of my concerns (like in a discussion of how many embryos to transfer) or even placed blame upon me over miscommunications (Asking if I "misunderstood" instructions over post-transfer bed rest, as if someone would forget to request 3 days off from work.) Generally, Dr. Steward was kind, warm, encouraging and always had a smile on his face, which really put my at ease despite what may have been a minor personality conflict.
As a lot of questions, document answers, request clarification if needed, but trust that he is very good at his job.
I was started off on two different stim medications; Dr. Steward was very thorough in reading blood work and ultrasound results after each monitoring appointment. He made many adjustments, such as changing injection spot and upping dosages. (It turns out that we were affected by a recall of one of the medicines, which is why we constantly had to use more.) I give him so much credit for having to change our course of action so often and doing it so accurately that we still had such a successful cycle. Another interesting aspect was that Dr. Steward insisted upon a frozen transfer, not fresh. While it was frustrating to go through so much pain and stress only to take a month off before transfer, he was totally right. Taking a month off gave my body time to regulate and for me to fully recover from the retrieval.
$6000 for course-of-treatment only; all procedures and medication was additional.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The number one strength of the HFI -[Houston Fertility Institute]- Katy office is that it is small! :) That means they really get to know you... and you RARELY wait more than 10 minutes to get in. They are kind and funny and very helpful! You are definitely more than just a patient at this office. I really don't have weaknesses... If we ever had ANY questions about why a treatment hasn't worked he [Dr Jonathan Kim] is always available. Yes he will have to take a message and call us back but usually that is within an hour or two. When you have a negative result the nurses will call and give you the results but often schedule your consult with him to talk about what might have gone wrong and what our next steps should possibly be. We had unexplained infertility whe
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The number one strength of the HFI- Katy office is that it is small! :) That means they really get to know you... and you RARELY wait more than 10 minutes to get in. They are kind and funny and very helpful! You are definitely more than just a patient at this office. I really don't have weaknesses.
He was great! When we first came in I wasn't 100% sure because he is a FAST talker but if there was ever something I wasn't sure about all I had to do was ask and he would explain again. If we ever had ANY questions about why a treatment hasn't worked he is always available. Yes he will have to take a message and call us back but usually that is within an hour or two. When you have a negative result the nurses will call and give you the results but often schedule your consult with him to talk about what might have gone wrong and what our next steps should possibly be. We had unexplained infertility when we started a year ago but now my egg reserve is starting to diminish and he has been with us through this. He is very caring and if you need him to slow down and talk you through things again and again he is MORE than happy to do so. I don't think we would have made it as far without him. I know there is a light coming for us.
I LOVE MY NURSES!!! HFI - Katy is a small office and I know EVERY SINGLE person who works there by name and they know me! They are so wonderful and caring and amazing and there aren't enough good words for them. They laugh with me and they hug me when I just cry! I was always tough but disappointed when IUI didn't work or we had setbacks but the first major meltdown was going in for Beta and I had taken a Home Pregnancy Test before I came in. I knew it was going to be a BFN and just broke down as I walked in because they always ask "how are you today." I lost it. Vanessa just hugged me so tight and said "I'm so sorry sweetie!" I knew my test was going to be negative but I was utterly devastated. She called me later that morning with the official results and asked if I wanted to talk to Dr Kim that day. I said no because I couldn't keep anything together. Instead we went in to talk to him the next day. They go so above and beyond! My husband is now working out of town during the week and the progesterone injections had to be given in my butt daily at an angle that was not going to work for me! I went in every day and they did them for me and it became the "butt" of all our jokes. :) I LOVE the nurses there! Vanessa, Joy, Rebecca and Lisa are all AMAZING!
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Some may not like his style of communication. He is VERY fast talker and will even admit it himself but all you ever have to do is say wait slow down I don't get this and he will immediately do so or explain in a different way with drawings or other helpful things. He is so warm and caring and when you are truly struggling he is there. My last round my follicles were not responding to the HEAVY drugs we were using. (previously I used Bravelle and Menopur and got 7 eggs). This time we only had 3 follicles. I was at my ultimate lowest and just cried and said I felt like a failure. Dr Kim NEVER rushed me out but instead was there saying you are definitely NOT a failure and that WE will figure this out together! He cancelled the expensive IVF procedure planned as we would then get our clinical fees credited for our next attempt at IVF and also went out of his way to find some free drugs for us to help us with the costs. So that failed cycle really has only cost us the price for drugs. He's very direct but also very optimistic person and makes you feel like you are more than just another patient!
If you think he is talking too fast at any point just straight up tell him or if you don't understand something ask him. He knows he's a fast talker and in his first consult with that this was his advice to us! Also I find taking notes when he talks sometimes helps as when he does talk fast I can forget what he told me after.
We have unexplained infertility that over the last year is also turning into a diminished egg reserve. Since we didn't know what was wrong we started at the bottom and worked our way up. 1st Treatment - Clomid and IUI - BFN (Big Fat Negative) 2nd Treatment - Injections and IUI - BFN 3rd Treatment - Injections but started bleeding - Cancelled IUI 4th Treatment - Injections and IVF - 7 eggs, 6 embryos, 4-5 day embryos. Transferred 1 with BFN. Froze other 3. 5th Treatment - Frozen Embryo Transfer - Endometrin but started bleeding - Cancelled cycle and saved eggs. 6th Treatment - FET - Projesterone in Sesame Oil - Transferred 2 frozen - Chemical pregnancy. 7th Treatment - IVF - Injections resulted in low follicle stimulation - Timed Intercourse - BFN 8th Treatment - TBD :) Still have one snowflake baby but want to transfer at least 2 so will try IVF again after a month or two off for our sanity, my body to relax and our wallets to refill.
We had insurance that covered most of the costs through the IVF procedure the first time. The total cycles probably cost us about $10-12K for the 3 IUI's and the 1 IVF. The FET was $2500 max. This last round of IVF (which was cancelled)was $6600 for dr's fees which are credited back to us. $11K for Facility Fees (which we hadn't paid for yet) and then another $5500 for Genetic Testing (optional) and finally our actual out of pocket expenses for Meds were $7500. The meds were higher due to high stimulation amount and # of days I was on. Previous IVF cost us about $3-4K in meds. Due to these steep costs we have been given drugs donated by mom's who don't need them anymore to help combat the costs for this next attempt. :) They are there to help you have a baby not go bankrupt! :)
Katy
There was bad communication between the Dr and Medical Assistants [at Houston Fertility Institute]. MAs need to show more compassion and be more patient when working with insurance companies in placing orders and verifying insurance information. They just fax the order and don't confirm that the drug company received it.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Clinic was clean, i loved that they all services (blood tests, etc) were on site. They do a good job of explaining costs and working with a financial counselor. Wait time is very short
Dr. Kim seemed impatient in spending time to explain the process. He seemed rushed and sometimes defensive when we asked questions about our treatment plan and things we wanted him clarify. Meetings with him seemed rushed. After the first transfer that did not end up in a pregnancy, Dr. Kim (nor staff) did not call to inform us of the results. We went in for the beta test in the morning and waited all day as they promised to call with the results. We logged on to the clinic's portal and found that the results were posted. When we called later in the day, a Medical Assistant told us "I thought you already knew". A few months later when we went through several rounds of tests, the office did not call to inform of us of the results again. After waiting almost a month, we again found the results through the patient portal and called the office. Another Medical Assistant tried to explain the results to us and recommended a treatment plan which was totally different from what we had discussed with Dr. Kim. Clearly, there isn't good coordination with the staff and Dr. The service provided wasn't personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa Jones and Joy Nguyen)
1- There was bad communication between the Dr and Medical Assistants. MAs need to show more compassion and be more patient when working with insurance companies in placing orders and verifying insurance information. They just fax the order and don't confirm that the drug company received it. I had to call the office several times and do a 3-way call with the Medical Assistant and drug company. MA seemed annoyed. 2- They need to better coordinate with hospitals for surgery scheduling. 3- MAs/Staff should be professional when dealing with patients. Do not address patients as "sweetie, hun, etc."
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Please show more compassion and understand that patients are already going through a lot. Spend more time answering their questions. Staff needs more training in dealing with patients
I would not recommend
Drugs - $7-8K Facility Costs - $8K Insurance Covered Costs - > $13k
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Williams and his staff [at the Houston Fertility Institute] are top quality. It's clear that they run a professional and organized office. The patient portal makes it crystal clear to the patient regarding test results and instructions. His office staff was quick to respond to any questions that I had as well. Also a very clean facility. (Weakness: the lady that drew the blood was not very friendly.)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Williams and his staff are top quality. It's clear that they run a professional and organized office. The patient portal makes it crystal clear to the patient regarding test results and instructions. His office staff was quick to respond to any questions that I had as well. Also a very clean facility. (Weakness: the lady that drew the blood was not very friendly.)
He was very prepared to review my case when I went in to meet him (after I had submit medical information online). He asked the right questions, explained his recommendations clearly, and gave me optimistic feedback.
Great communication through the patient portal. Answered all of my MANY questions very willingly.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He diagnosed my issue right away and set a course of action that was followed. He adjusted my medication along the way, and in the end, I had healthy twins after my first embryo transfer with him. Also he shared good stats with me regarding what my outcome would likely entail.
Show up prepared with your information because he needs to know everything in order to set an appropriate course of action. Ask questions - he will take the time to answer them!
Dr. Williams was adamant that we use frozen embryos, which I had, and highly recommended genetic testing. We did that and found that 3 of the 4 embryos were normal (one was thrown out due to abnormality). I don't remember the pre-transfer medications exactly but I think I did estrogen patches, Lupron and progesterone shots. Post-transfer, I took baby aspirin, heparin shots, estrogen patches and progesterone shots for up to 12 weeks. We placed two 5-days blastocysts in and I delivered to 2 healthy baby boys at 37 weeks.
$5000 for genetic testing. Approximately $2000 for medication. $2000 Hysteroscopy (removal of polyp) TOTAL COST: Approximately $20,000 (using a frozen embryo; he did not do the egg retrieval)
He had a strong preference to using 2 embryos
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
[Houston Fertility Institute was] Strong on nursing staff and communication through the patient portal. Weakness in personal care of the patient that is spending a lot of money and emotion. I have felt like they did not know me and I had spent several years in their offices under treatment... If you want personal touch and experience this is not the office for you. The procedures and communication with electric options are clear, but you are disconnect through the process in its entire dealings. I have had many procedures with costly out of pocket costs but they do not care.
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strong on nursing staff and communication through the patient portal. Weakness in personal care of the patient that is spending a lot of money and emotion. I have felt like they did not know me and I had spent several years in their offices under treatment. When going through infertility you need compassion and this office lacks this. It almost felt like it was a society of people and who you knew.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
This office has some pros and cons. The office you could get in and out of the office quickly, but you almost never saw the Dr. that was in charge of your cycle.
At this office you deal with the nursing staff more so than ANY of the Dr.'s. I have been to several of the offices and they all work in a similar fashion. The nurses is whom you always were in contact with for treatment guidelines, questions and overall details.
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
The office's were in great location and easy to get in and out. Dr. Haddad was nice, but you never saw him during your visits during your treatment. You feel like you are just a person on a piece of paper. No real personal care. Although I like this office and the nurses their was not a lot of personal interest.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
Understand the expectation of this office prior. If you want personal touch and experience this is not the office for you. The procedures and communication with electric options are clear, but you are disconnect through the process in its entire dealings. I have had many procedures with costly out of pocket costs but they do not care.
Describe the protocols Gus Haddad used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Overall the treatment plan was easy to follow and communicated when they said they would. I believe the protocol was much improved compared to my previous IVF dr. You do not have input, but it appeared to be effective.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute.
Very expensive but expect this is a normal expectation.
Houston - Hous
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] was extremely busy and did a poor job of communicating the process to me or displaying that they cared about what we were going through. In particular, I think they do a poor job of communicating with out of town patient. Maybe an in town patient experience would be better. I frequently could not get through to the nurse to ask questions in a timely manner.
Investor
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It was a nice clinic but the staff seemed overworked.
The clinic was extremely busy and did a poor job of communicating the process to me or displaying that they cared about what we were going through. In particular, I think they do a poor job of communicating with out of town patient. Maybe an in town patient experience would be better. I frequently could not get through to the nurse to ask questions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
We were initially assigned a relatively new nurse who was horrible - she was not compassionate and over-worked. She also didn't have answers to our basic questions but always stated that the doctor wasn't available to answer them. The 2nd nurse was someone who had been at the clinic a long time and was much more understanding and knowledgable. Although you could tell she was also overworked and had limited time.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
This clinic was a complete waste of time and we felt misguided throughout the process. On our first round of IVF, we had a lot of eggs retrieved (~12 embryos) but then very low quality. Most eggs stopped growing after day 3. Only one egg passed genetic testing and it was a 7 day egg. Now we know most clinics would not have transferred this egg due to low quality. Instead, Dr. Witz encouraged us to do so. When this was unsuccessful, he told us on the next attempt, we could add growth hormone to improve egg quality. Once the next procedure protocol was established, Dr. Witz did not prescribe growth hormone. When we discussed this with him, he told us due to FDA scrutiny, fertility clinics were no longer using growth hormone and we'd have to go to Europe to get it. So we proceeded with a 2nd round of egg retrieval without it. Again, we had a large number of eggs / embryos, but they did not make it past day 3. We were left with only one 7 day embryo that passed genetic testing. Again, Dr. Witz encouraged us to transfer this egg. So we went through the time/stress/expense to transfer it with yet again a bad result. We have since learned that most other fertility clinics across the U.S. still use growth hormone. We used it on our next egg retrieval round in Colorado and had excellent results (6 very high quality embryos resulting in one live birth - our daughter). I believe HFI is now using growth hormone again. During procedures, Dr. Witz seemed more interested in the music we wanted played than explaining the procedure itself. He may have been trying to get us to relax but it felt strange.
If you are older or have egg quality issues, ask him to use growth hormone during the first attempt. If you have a 7 day egg that passes genetic testing (or a low quality egg), don't bother to transfer it. Freeze it and go for another retrieval.
Our protocol felt very cookie cutter. He didn't make adjustments during the process based on how fast our eggs were growing or that were specific to our issue - poor egg quality.
The first round of IVF was between $15 and $20k, I can't remember exactly. If you get genetic testing (PGS), I think it was $5k and that covered 10 eggs. If your first round doesn't work, you get a discount on the 2nd round, so I think that was more about $10k to $12k.
Describe Craig Witz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
We knew for certain we only wanted to transfer one embryo (and we never had more than one at HFI) so this wasn't discussed.
Houston - Hous
Dr. Steward's nursing staff deserves an A+. They are compassionate, kind, patient, and warm. They actually answer the phone to answer questions and are quick to respond on the patient portal...This clinic is busy- schedule your appointments as far in advance as you can and very early in the day if possible. They tend to run late once it gets closer to lunch time. The patient portal provides quick access to your test and lab results and provides instructions for all your procedures.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The support staff at HFI is amazing, caring, and warm. All were eager to answer all my questions and were incredibly patient. Frankly you spend a lot more time with them than the doctor so I think the nurses are what most positively affected my experience at HFI.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
I generally prefer my doctors/surgeons to be near retirement age. Experience is so important in medicine. Dr. Steward was an exception. He is young but extremely bright and current on research and new techniques (which is very important in fertility medicine). While with some patients his confidence may be a turn-off, I found that the more we worked with him the warmer he became. His bedside manner improved significantly throughout the course of our treatments. If we need to do fertility treatments again I will 100% go back to him.
Do not be afraid to push back or ask for more clarification on your treatment plan or progress. Dr. Steward knows his stuff and if you have informed and thoughtful questions he is more than eager to answer them with as much detail as you might want.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
One time my cycle had to be moved because a nurse [at Houston Fertility Institute] had failed to call in my prescription for my pills and shots in a timely manner, that cycle had to be scrapped. Other than that one flub, the staff was on the ball and awesome...It is expensive, but they are willing to work out costs. I am not sure outside of paying upfront for treatment but they do provide resources for financial help.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One time my cycle had to be moved because a nurse had failed to call in my prescription for my pills and shots in a timely manner, that cycle had to be scrapped. Other than that one flub, the staff was on the ball and awesome.
He takes time to talk with you and if you have any unreasonable expectations, he gently tried to redirect you to a realistic expectation. He understands that fertility is a very emotional topic and is very individual so if you take a moment to listen to him, he will help you as best as he can. It may not always be what you want to hear but he has a patient's best interest at heart.
They are aware of each patient's needs and protocols, they take time to talk with you during visits and are excited for you when pregnancy is reached. Ultrasounds are great because the nurse is happy with you, even to tears like you, when you first see the developing egg sac meaning that you have become pregnant.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is compassionate and knowledgeable. I found him approachable and easy to talk to.
He could be the one doctor who can help you with your dreams of a family.
First time was one round of shots, pills and patches which worked like a dream. Second time tried a different approach twice which did not work so my treatment was adjusted to what had worked before, resulting in pregnancy. I don't seem to have any problems with holding a pregnancy, it was getting pregnant that was the problem.
The Woodlands
In my opinion, we were treated like a number [at Houston Fertility Institute] because of the assumption we were a basic case and the Doctor felt that we would get pregnant very easily with IUI immediately...Each nurse did what they needed to do and then left, barely even a hello. The majority of the time they ended the visit with "check your portal for more information" versus giving me an idea of what to expect.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I never got to meet with anyone in their finance group, this was all done over the phone with made things a little more difficult to grasp. Although I do not feel their staff is very friendly, I can understand that the end result is to get pregnant and if one can overlook their weaknesses and find a doctor they like, I would say to try this clinic as I have heard of many success stories with them. I did notice their cash prices were a little higher than my current clinic.
In my opinion, we were treated like a number because of the assumption we were a basic case and the Doctor felt that we would get pregnant very easily with IUI immediately.
Again, we felt we were treated as a number, especially when going to the follow up appointments. When we had to do the blood draw and ultrasound they would direct me by saying "room 2 then room 4" and expect me to know where I was going and who I was going to see. Each nurse did what they needed to do and then left, barely even a hello. The majority of the time they ended the visit with "check your portal for more information" versus giving me an idea of what to expect.
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Bello was the first fertility doctor we visited. I did not feel like she took us seriously perhaps due to age or feeling that our case was very simple in her opinion. She did not provide the detail I was looking for and was very hurried in many cases. She is a pleasant person, but not what I was looking for as far as compassion.
If your issue is a simple one to fix, she may be good for you and if you're not looking for in depth conversations then give her a try.
She recommended IVF instantly because she stated she was in the business of getting people pregnant. Although I admire that advice, she mentioned this in our very first fertility visit without discussing other options, our thoughts or finances. We agreed on IUI first and only went through one treatment with Dr. Bello and her office. We felt like we were treated as a number only and did not find the process to be a good one. Our results were negative.
We felt the cost was high now that we have changed clinics and they always required payment up front versus after the service. I did not feel we were given a lot of information upfront on the costs.
2007 - 2013
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] does need help with scheduling but every doctor office I have ever visited is always running behind.... Nurses can make or break a clinic. The nurses I dealt with, Carolina and Maria were the best. They knew who I was, what I was going through that day and were my champions throughout the process.... Our IVF rounds cost between $12-17k, IUI $2 , FET $7k...
2007 - 2013
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic does need help with scheduling but every doctor office I have ever visited is always running behind. Bring a book or enjoy some Pinterest but it’s no different that waiting on my kids pediatrician,
I’m a pull the bandaid off kind of person and Dr.Witz understood that and rolled with it. Infertility is awful and we’re all trying to survive it. Dr.Witz had a dry sense of humor that matched ours and he consistently tried to set attainable goals. There are no guarantees in infertility but he definitely tries to help to build your family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carolina)
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
I’m a Latina and when you receive the blow that infertility is a battle you’re going through it can be crippling bc our culture is so deep rooted in family that you think you’re broken. Dr. Witz was repeatedly kind but frank when I needed it. My Husband and I both say that we would not have survived the process (clomid, IUI 3x and IVF 2x then a FET 1) had we not had Dr. Witz. It’s easy to feel like a petry dish but he helped us stay human and helped us look for the humor in the awful.
Be prepared to hear what you don’t want to hear. Infertility doctors are not genies. Do your research, go in with your questions, don’t stop asking until you get a clear and understood reply, be prepared to hear real answers.
We started our path with a round of clomid followed by 3 rounds of IUI. Dr. Witz was very confident that IUI would do the trick due to my PCOS past, but wanted to give it a shot as it was less invasive and definitely more cost affordable. We weren’t successful but both Dr. Witz and I wanted to at least try. We took some time to save up and moved forward with IVF. It was fairly normal round though I ended up hyperstemming after the egg retrieval and had a 5 day stay in the hospital. Dr. Witz came every evening to check on me though it was in the complete opposite direction of his home. We delayed the transfer bc he wanted me to recover emotionally and physically. We transferred a month later and had a successful positive pregnancy. Dr. Witz kept me in his care until I was 14 weeks along. I se him once a week through those 14 weeks, and twice a week I had blood work. We exhausted all our avenues with Cycle 1 and when we decided to try for a sibling we knew it would be Dr. Witz that we’d be calling. Our second IVF round was not as complicated and we had better success. No hyper stimulation, though we did start progesterone earlier and carried it through longer I think. With our successful retrieval with tried a frozen embroy transfer but we didn’t get a positive result. It was a tough blow. Dr. Witz met with us afterwards and laid out the cards for us. He was blunt but also kind. It’s a fine line to walk when there are so many emotions running.
Our IVF rounds cost between $12-17k, IUI $2 , FET $7k
Dr. Witz doesn’t like to transfer more that 2 at a time in order to be responsible with his patients
2008 - 2013
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
The entire staff [at Houston Fertility Institute-Katy] is very knowledgeable and thorough. Regardless of the number of emails I sent or phone calls I made someone quickly got back to me with any concerns or questions that I had. Even when my first pregnancy was not successful they were very compassionate and checked in on me multiple times after my d&c. During the next two rounds they continued to stay confident even when I wasn’t. Compassion and the bedside manner goes along way in this industry. It can be an emotional roller coaster for many people, myself included. Having a fertility clinic that doesn’t make you feel like just another number or paycheck can make a world of difference. I am an active member in my area parents of multiples group and I brag about Dr. Hadad and the Houston fertility institute every time I get a chance.
2008 - 2013
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I highly recommend them all around. The entire staff is very knowledgeable and thorough. Regardless of the number of emails I sent or phone calls I made someone quickly got back to me with any concerns or questions that I had. Even when my first pregnancy was not successful they were very compassionate and checked in on me multiple times after my d&c. During the next two rounds they continued to stay confident even when I wasn’t. Compassion and the bedside manner goes along way in this industry. It can be an emotional roller coaster for many people, myself included. Having a fertility clinic that doesn’t make you feel like just another number or paycheck can make a world of difference. I am an active member in my area parents of multiples group and I brag about Dr. Hadad and the Houston fertility institute every time I get a chance.
Staff and doctor treated me very well, spent time with me, and were very supportive throughout treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lisa (Katy office))
Excellent! Everyone I encountered at the clinic was very friendly and helpful in anyway. No question is too dumv! They are clearly experts and meant to be nurses!
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
When I first started the fertility journey I saw another doctor with Houston fertility clinic at another location. That was also a great experience. When I relocated to Katy Dr. Hadad took over with my second round of treatment which resulted in a son and my final treatment which resulted in boy/girl twins. He and his staff are excellent and I highly recommend them every time I talk to someone struggling with infertility.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. her daughter and her staff are very thorough and great at making you feel comfortable and confident in them and take the time to help you understand your treatment plan.
After a miscarriage at 10 weeks with a fresh embryo transfer Dr. Hadad spent time making a treatment plan for me when it came time to transfer frozen embryos. He also recommended a hysteroscopy prior to the transfer of my last two embryos which resulted in twins. His nurses mapped out my medication schedule with me to help me stay on track, called and emailed regularly, and were on top of blood work and follow ups.
We initially used a medical credit company that they suggested and later got a loan through our bank.
Describe Gus Haddad's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
N/A (I chose to transferred to embryos each time as I had six successfully created when the eggs were initially retrieved.)
Katy
The clinic nurses and doctors [at Houston Fertility Institute] take time to answer questions. It is a well run machine though and can feel a little less than personal...We did an IVF cycle that resulted in 10 embryos and 8 that made it to day five, with 5 coming back good after PGS...The communication with the patient portal could t be better, they make it so simple where you never have to doubt yourself or the next steps in the plan.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
This place is a well oiled machine, I really believe they know what they’re doing and have great embryologist. The communication with the patient portal could t be better, they make it so simple where you never have to doubt yourself or the next steps in the plan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
The clinic nurses and doctors take time to answer questions. It is a well run machine though and can feel a little less than personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
The nursing staff is very pleasant, communicate well. The patient portal they use with instructions is great to eliminate any confusion.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Very pleasant, thorough, takes time to answer questions. We felt very comfortable with him. He was our assigned doctor at the Katy clinic but only saw him a couple times through our IVF which I was fine with. Dr.Kim or a nurse did most ultrasounds and another doctor did my retrieval. This clinic has great communication so I felt no issue being treated by multiple doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
The same advice I would give anyone going to seek fertility treatment.
Describe the protocols Jason Yeh used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We did an IVF cycle that resulted in 10 embryos and 8 that made it to day five, with 5 coming back good after PGS. Our previous IVF attempt two years prior resulted in one good embryo but none to freeze so this was a much better than expected outcome.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute.
Meds and IVF cycle including ICSI,PGS, and the frozen transfer were in total just over $21,000.
Jason Yeh
2013 - 2018
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinics [Houston Fertility Inst] strengths in my opinion are that the doctors and nursing staff really work together, even if you’re not seeing your doctor that visit, whoever you see knows exactly where you are in your treatment. Information was always added to my portal within a short amount of time as well. I would tell a new patient to ASK QUESTIONS, even if you feel like you’re asking too many. It’s always important to know what’s going on.
2013 - 2018
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinics strengths in my opinion are that the doctors and nursing staff really work together, even if you’re not seeing your doctor that visit, whoever you see knows exactly where you are in your treatment. Information was always added to my portal within a short amount of time as well. I would tell a new patient to ASK QUESTIONS, even if you feel like you’re asking too many. It’s always important to know what’s going on.
Always felt like a priority, Dr. Griffithbwas very honest in where we stood and where we should go next.
Everyone I had for examinations were great. Sometimes I felt like I was a bother when I asked questions, but overall very happy.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith is a wonderful doctor. He is patient, kind and always listens to the patient and their opinions and concerns. He treats you like a ‘person’, not just another case. My husband and I trust him completely.
To let him guide you through this process. It’s hard enough to do, but remember to believe that he knows what he’s doing.
I believe our 1st and 2nd rounds were the same protocol, we added acupuncture and adjusted our medication regimen. For our upcoming FET he wants to add an extra day of PIO shots before we transfer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Institute.
Monitoring appointments were done in the mornings, but could be first come first served as soon as they opened. I always got there early so I was in and out pretty quickly.
Houston - Hous
I had my monitoring appts in the sugar land location [of Houston Fertility Institute], and it was often a hit or miss. One thing I will say is they were very diligent in responding to messages...They are very organized. Everything you need is in the portal, and they are great at communication. The appts are very quick and I was able to get my monitoring done during my planning period at school...I think we paid around 25k total including meds, egg retrieval, and both our FETs.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
She sat down with us and explained everything, answering any and all questions and concerns without rushing us. She was kind and had such a pleasant demeanor. She was realistic yet optimistic.
I had my monitoring appts in the sugar land location, and it was often a hit or miss. One thing I will say is they were very diligent in responding to messages.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Everything about her was amazing. Her knowledge, her attention to detail, her timeliness in going over results, her demeanor towards us, and her general attitude. She has an amazing bedside manner and really makes you feel like she genuinely wants to see you successful.
Be open with her. Even about little things. She cares and will take care of anything. I had an issue with how information was relayed to me by a nurse and she ensured it wouldn’t happen again and she was right.
This was supposed to be an IUI cycle that I first underresponded to, and then over responded. She gave us the option of cancelling the IUI, or going for IVF. We chose the latter after a phone consult with her.
For our first transfer, she recommends single. Since that resulted in a CP, she allowed us to make a decision on transferring 2. She was supportive, but ensured she went over possible complications.
Houston - Mem Hermann
They [the staff at Houston Fertility Institute] are very organized and communicate in a timely manner. They also get me in and out for my appointments quickly, but also take the time to talk with me. I never feel rushed. They draw labs in-office and I receive my results usually within a few hours...They [nurses] are wonderful! They are available to answer any questions or concerns I have. I am welcomed when I go in for an appointment.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are very organized and communicate in a timely manner. They also get me in and out for my appointments quickly, but also take the time to talk with me. I never feel rushed. They draw labs in-office and I receive my results usually within a few hours.
Dr. Steward and the nurses are very warm and friendly. They answer all of my questions without making me feel as if I am bothering them. He is honest with what he plans to do and ensures I am informed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
They are wonderful! They are available to answer any questions or concerns I have. I am welcomed when I go in for an appointment.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is very intelligent and educated in RE. He told me what I could expect and any problems that could arise. He is always warm and friendly when communicating with me. I always feel comfortable discussing my fertility treatment options with him.
Just be open and honest with any questions or concerns.
I have only had a stimulation cycle for retrieval so far. I am about to begin stimulation meds for transfer. All of the medications prescribed were to help increase the number and quality of eggs retrieved. Because I have a low AMH, I only grew 5 eggs. Only 1 of my eggs fertilized. Now I am waiting to transfer my one embryo.
The costs cover the fees associated with egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and all monitoring appointments.
None
2008 - 2018
1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Overall the staff at the Willowbrook location [Houston Fertility Institute] has been great! When they became short handed at the desk, some things seemed to fall short, but overall very pleased. One incident took place, after and during my ERA procedure. I was very unhappy to hear that I had to get my biopsy results with a huge bill of $800!! So as of right now I cant afford to get my results.... Jenna has been a great nurse and is there for any questions or concerns that I might have, no matter what time of the day it is.
2008 - 2018
1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Overall the staff at the Willowbrook location has been great! When they became short handed at the desk, some things seemed to fall short, but overall very pleased. One incident took place, after and during my ERA procedure. I was very unhappy to hear that I had to get my biopsy results with a huge bill of $800!! So as of right now I cant afford to get my results.
Dr Griffth has always treated me and my husband like a human. He takes the time to explain the process to us, and returns and calls or questions that we might have.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Griffith has been a great doctor and has shown lots of caring through this whole process. He has great manners and treats you like you suppose to be treated. He has explained everything where we can understand it.
Dr. Griffith has used many protocols through out my cycles. Such as the different shots and the side effects. I has a issue with the oil injections and he acted quickly to fix the problem, I was then prescribed to a different injection. The patches also eventually caused irritations, he also was quick to identify it and change the dosage.
The cost of the Iui was around 3500, the cost for 2 rounds of IVF was around $ 18, 000
Well, at first I was so up to doing 2 egg transfers, but he recommended that we do 1. After 2 failed cycles, he now recommends 2. I am just concern on the risks towards me or the babies. But we are not giving up, and we will listen to our Dr. and hopes that 1 out of the 2 will take.
The Woodlands
The front desk lady [at Houston Fertility Institute] wasn't the nicest, but she was pregnant, so I kind of let it slide. Everyone else was friendly. The lady who took my blood was very nice, and the clinic was really clean and orderly. The location of the clinic is close to my house and all of the staff is very kind...[nurses were] kind, detailed, made sure I had followed the instructions before my procedure and that things were clear to me.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The front desk lady wasn't the nicest, but she was pregnant, so I kind of let it slide. Everyone else was friendly. The lady who took my blood was very nice, and the clinic was really clean and orderly. The location of the clinic is close to my house and all of the staff is very kind.
I felt like a human because he spoke with us and was very understanding, yet matter of fact. My situation is different than most because it is my husband and his stressful job as an attorney that have given us problems conceiving.
Young, kind, detailed, made sure I had followed the instructions before my procedure and that things were clear to me.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was good, I just sort of felt like he was after our money. He wanted us to jump strait to IVF and didn't offer any natural alternatives that we could try. But, he may be right that IVF is the only option for us if we want to have kids. I am currently saving up for it now. It is going to take two-three years for me to earn enough money to pay for IVF out of pocket.
He is good, he's just very matter of fact, so you have to be ready to hear that.
I only got a hysteroscopy. I didn't get to do anything else because I didn't have the funds and didn't want to be in debt. For my hysteroscopy, everything went great. I was very pleased with the results.
Over 2,000 when it was all over with.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
HFI has a great team that work very well together, and are very dedicated to their patients. I have been so impressed with how quickly they get patients in, how responsive they are, and how caring their team is...I see both[nurses] Jenny Wilson as well as Jenna Fernandez. They have also become rocks to us during this process. They are both very compassionate and always get back to me quickly... I can't say enough good things about him [Dr. Griffith], and the entire HFI team.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Griffith treats each patient with kindness, and remembers our case in great detail. He tailored each visit to us, and never made us feel rushed... he sat and answered every question we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenny Wilson and Jenna Fernandez)
I see both Jenny Wilson as well as Jenna Fernandez. They have also become rocks to us during this process. They are both very compassionate and always get back to me quickly.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith has been such a great blessing to us during this process. He has been so compassionate as we've dealt with 3 losses. He has also given us hope, while also setting realistic expectations. He listens, he is always happy to answer all our questions, and he is such a caring doctor. I can't say enough good things about him, and the entire HFI team.
Be totally honest with him, and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.
We are in the middle of an IVF cycle, and have just completed the egg retrieval. I was on 300 cc's of Menopur and Gonal-f, and then added Cetrotide after 6 days of injections. We then took two Ovidrel injections for the trigger. We were able to retrieve 4 eggs, and 2 of them made it to freeze.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I was not satisfied the way my hysteroscopy results were handled [at Houston Fertility Institute] . Given to the fact the surgery center and the fertility institute was affiliated. I felt it was a lot of run around to get my results...Weakness: follow up is sometimes not timely, too much info at once is given to patient, financial coordinator is really no resourceful. Strength: very polite, welcoming,
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
He explained in ways that I could understand. He welcomed all my questions without getting frustrated.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I would like to see him every visit but he is very easy to communicate with and response back on a timely manner. I feel that he should perform all procedures scheduled for his individual patient. Overall he is a good doctor. He is happy to repeat things if needed. He listens to his patient and treats them accordingly to each protocol. I am very satisfied with his bedside manner and appreciate his compassion through such an unpredictable process. Even though I got frustrated and wanted to switch docs he didn't let that ruin his patien to doc relationship with me.
Always ask as many questions as you want. It's a lot of info to process so if you think of questions after you leave the office don't hesitate to reach back out to him.
Birth control to prevent ovulation while testing is performed. Started on menopur and gonal f 225 ovary stimulation. Planning for a frozen embryo transfer because of one blocked tube and DOR.
The cost in broken up between the clinic and the surgery center. The genetic testing is extra too.
My doctor stated he would do two embryos at the most but I feel it should be a mutual agreement between the couple and the doctor. I feel that the doctor should listen to the patient but do what medically is best for the patient.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] is very busy, so sometimes wait times are long, but I think it's worth it. They are very knowledgable and always take the time to talk things through with you...IVF plus medication and PGS testing ended up costing about $30,000 out of pocket..Sloane is the best! She sends the most detailed emails so that I rarely have a question of what I need to do. When I do have a question, she always answers it promptly!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very busy, so sometimes wait times are long, but I think it's worth it. They are very knowledgable and always take the time to talk things through with you.
Dr. Skorupski is always willing to discuss any questions we have had at length. I have never felt rushed, and he's even gone out of his way to call us after hours to explain things to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Sloane)
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
HFI Willowbrook is a busy clinic, but everyone who you come in contact there is wonderful. They are busy because they do a great job! Dr. Skorupski has my complete trust and he has always been very open, honest, and matter-of-fact.
Listen to his advice! We wasted time initially not listening to him, and I wish we would've heeded his advice earlier.
I came to Dr. Skorupski due to recurrent pregnancy loss. He recommended IVF with PGS, but allowed us to attempt some medicated cycles first since we weren't "there" yet. I recently had my first transfer and am awaiting results.
Monitoring appointments were always in the morning, and typically you get your lab work first. Then you go back to the waiting room until it is time for the ultrasound. If a doctor is in, they perform the ultrasound, otherwise it is a nurse.
Dr. Skorupski recommended 1 embryo since it was PGS tested, but ultimately left the choice to us.
Embryo Freezing
They [Houston Fertility Institute] are very easy to work with and accommodating. Appointments are easy to get with any doctor and location. The staff is very friendly as well.... They [the nursing staff] were always just a phone call or email away and replied quickly when I had questions. Ordered meds and had refills available so that I would not run out.... IVF is about $12,500 and medicines can range from $2,500 - $7,000
Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are very easy to work with and accommodating. Appointments are easy to get with any doctor and location. The staff is very friendly as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
I have been a gestational carrier in the past and used Dr. Abdallah for my transfer then, and when my husband and I went to see him for IVF for ourselves Dr. Abdallah took the time to explain every detail to my husband. He answered all of our questions honestly and with respect. He even emailed me to see what my husband thought and if we had any questions that had popped up after we left his offices.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
They were always just a phone call or email away and replied quickly when I had questions. Ordered meds and had refills available so that I would not run out.
How was your experience with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Abdallah was very thorough in explaining the ins and outs of IVF to both my husband and myself. He truly cares about his patients and their success in getting and maintaining a pregnancy. I never once had a doubt that he didn't know how to handle every situation as ours is truly different. He makes the process easy and smooth leaving out no small details.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask all the questions you can think of and listen carefully as he does have an accent.
Describe the protocols Mazen Abdallah used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
For surrogacy, it was a frozen transfer and he used Progesterone in Oil, Estrace and Estrogen patches. He was willing to switch to Progesterone suppositories if I chose once we received heartbeat confirmation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute.
IVF is about $12,500 and medicines can range from $2,500 - $7,000
Describe Mazen Abdallah's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He prefers eSET over multiple embryos as he feels that the risks of multiples outweighs the chance of having to do more than one transfer. He truly cares about the patient and how their bodies will react to a multiples pregnancy.
Mazen Abdallah
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
HFI [Houston Fertility Institute] is a busy clinic which leads me to believe they are very experienced. The environment is clean, organized and well ran. They use a portal to communicate lab results and info quickly which I loved....The nurses were amazing. They returned calls promptly, listened to concerns and answered all questions. They took the time to get to know me.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI is a busy clinic which leads me to believe they are very experienced. The environment is clean, organized and well ran. They use a portal to communicate lab results and info quickly which I loved.
Dr. Kim spent ample time communicating with me and answering questions. He was always available for phone calls. When disappointments would occur, he was sympathetic and would give me a hug and encourage me. I like to research EVERYTHING so he would provide me articles to read and review any info I found so we could discuss options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lisa, Joy, Vanessa)
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim was a perfect doctor for me. He was sincere, listened and genuinely cared about our goal to get pregnant. I feel like he treated us successfully and wasn't just looking for statistics or money. We will definitely return to him for baby #2.
Dr. Kim is knowledgeable and honest and you are in good hands.
Cycle 1: Clomid (BFN) Cycle 2: IUI with gonal (converted to IVF) with two frozen poor quality embryos Cylcle 3: IVF with gonal and menopauir with PGS. Resulted in 4 excellent quality embryos. We did two FETs (one chemical and one mmc at 9.5 weeks)
Katy
Also, I feel like the clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] treated this more as my problem and not a joint problem for both myself and my husband. They did not run any extra tests on my husband except the initial semen analysis that my Gyn had asked for. Of course that does not include the analysis from samples for the IUI's.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The main office staff was friendly to speak to over the phone. There are several locations so it makes it difficult to get comfortable with the staff. I mostly used the medical center, gessner, and katy locations.
Dr. Kim was very friendly in discussing my care to both me ans my husband.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim was very nice, but I do not think he communicated effectively during my treatment. As a younger patient, I was confused and did not understand why the treatments were not working. He seems to take a laid back approach, and I feel that with fertility treatments there should be a sense of urgency. Also, I feel like the clinic treated this more as my problem and not a joint problem for both myself and my husband. They did not run any extra tests on my husband except the initial semen analysis that my Gyn had asked for. Of course that does not include the analysis from samples for the IUI's.
It would be nice to have him explain in more detail each step of treatment.
He did not recommend a specific protocol or treatment. He just suggested clomid use for the first IUI cycle and I did not respond like I should have. So for the second cycle, I pushed for the injections, otherwise he would have continued with just clomid.
It was very expensive, and all we got in the form of help was info on how to take out loans.
1 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
Strengths that they [Houston Fertility Institute] care and they tailor your needs to you individually. Communication, they always answer the phone or message you back fast on the portal page. Blood work comes back same day which is very important in managing dose of meds. Weaknesses they are super busy so sometimes there is a wait.... She [nurse] was my rock during everything. Always calls me back when I need her. Having a great nurse makes the experience so much better!
1 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strengths that they care and they tailor your needs to you individually. Communication, they always answer the phone or message you back fast on the portal page. Blood work comes back same day which is very important in managing dose of meds. Weaknesses they are super busy so sometimes there is a wait.
My doctor always gave me all the information I needed even when I asked crazy questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kristin )
She was my rock during everything. Always calls me back when I need her. Having a great nurse makes the experience so much better!
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is always willing to answer questions and if something doesnt work he changes the course of treatment. We had so many setbacks and he was always compassionate about them. After our stillbirth of our daughter he reached out to my MFMs to better understand my complicated pregnancy and what we could do in the future to try and prevent another loss. Infertility is hard enough then add in pregnancy loss! Having a great doctor is so important.
Try and live day by day
For my frozen transfers we have to use letrozole to help me grow a follicle because just giving me estrogen doesnt build my lining up.
My insurance covers diagnosis testing. IUI was 1,400 i think and our IVf olus medications was 18,000
Webster
HFI - The Woodlands was in the process of moving locations when we first came in. The wait time at the appointment was significant, but understandable considering the move. Depending on the type of appointment the wait time can vary quite a bit. Again, the move seems to be a factor. I would also recommend parking in the garage. Parking can be very hard to find outside of the garage!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
He always takes the time needed to make sure that we understand exactly what he means. He explains the options and procedures in a way that make you feel comfortable. He never made us feel like we asked dumb questions!
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
He seems very well trained. You can tell that this is he passion and that he has put in the work to stay current in this area of medicine. He never made us feel dumb for asking questions big or small. He took the time needed to explain and make sure we understood what he was telling us. Very personable, friendly and knowledgeable.
Be ready to hear the truth about your situation. He doesn't want to waste your time or money on treatments that aren't effective.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] is very comfortable and inviting. The staff are well mannered and the ambiance relaxes you. HFI is a pillar of cleanliness, which is what an obsessive person as myself looks for in a clinic...Renee Alexander [nurse] was very patient and kind to me. Anytime I've called, she has always had a polite tone & answered questions to the best of her knowledge.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very comfortable and inviting. The staff are well mannered and the ambiance relaxes you. HFI is a pillar of cleanliness, which is what an obsessive person as myself looks for in a clinic.
Dr. Bello was very transparent with me. She thoroughly explained every test and surgery before performing it. She went over and beyond to provide us with a reason for our infertility issues. She showed empathy when I was sad, excitement when I was hopeful; she even considered costs associated . I really appreciate her
Renee Alexander was very patient and kind to me. Anytime I've called, she has always had a polite tone & answered questions to the best of her knowledge.
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Bello is a great communicator. She takes time to thoroughly explain everything. She is also very transparent. I really like the act that she has taken steps to get me financial help with IVF treatment. Unfortunately it has not worked for us, but I am fervent and will not give up on our dream to start a family.
Dr. Bello is blunt. She is going to tell you like it is. Do not mistake her openness with non compassion. She is very compassionate and will work hard to get to the bottom of your problem.
Cypress
They [Houston Fertility Institute] are fantastic. They get you in as soon as possible. They will help you in anyway they can from finances to basic regerrals from your doctor so your insurance pays for the visits. The only weaknesz is Dr. Clapp is only in the beaumont office on Fridays. However the other doctor thers is always great and is very understanding with your case.... They [nurses] were amazing and always got back to me immediately.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are fantastic. They get you in as soon as possible. They will help you in anyway they can from finances to basic regerrals from your doctor so your insurance pays for the visits. The only weaknesz is Dr. Clapp is only in the beaumont office on Fridays. However the other doctor thers is always great and is very understanding with your case.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
She will call you and take as long as she needs to make you feel comfotable. She is so sweet and an amazing doctor. At HFI you are a human not a number.
They were amazing and always got back to me immediately.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
HFI was amazinf from the very first consultation. I saw Dr. Clapp and she wemt iver every detail and step i needed to go through to find the best treatment option. She will call you after hours to answer any questions. She explains everything and does not mind questions you can ask anything about treatment and risks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
To choose Dr. Clapp if you want a doctor who is trustworthy and will help you with anything
Describe the protocols Alexa Clapp used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We started off with the basics finding out the issue. Then we progressed to which treatment would be best.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.
IVF is around 12 thousand dollars
Alexa Clapp
Beaumont
Everyone in the office [Houston Fertility Institute] knows our names, was joyful with us when we got our positive and tearful with us when we lost our baby. Truly caring.... Love love love love the nursing team. So kind, always ensuring i was comfortable. Personable and friendly. Knew my name, my kids name, asked about my work etc. Also very knowledgable and supportive. Cried with me when i lost my baby.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Beautiful. If you are upset, ask for the back room.
Everyone in the office knows our names, was joyful with us when we got our positive and tearful with us when we lost our baby. Truly caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Maria Jamie)
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
I found her to be knowledgable and intelligent. She was friendly and warm. When we experienced a loss, she was compassionate and understanding. I wish i had seen her personally more often, but felt confident in how she managed my care.
Ask ask ask anything you want to know.
Clomid, i got a pos opk, took the trigger shot that night went into the iui the next morning. Pregnant on the first try. Progesterone suppositories atarted on day 5.
1500 for the medicated iui 250 for meds 35 copays for the monitoring visits before the iui process began and after the inital beta. (Insurance did not cover my iui because lgbt issues)
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
They are wonderful! And with Houston being so large, it was nice to have options of where to go for appointments....I love this clinic! I was well educated from day 1 & feel that everyone there was my cheerleader. They celebrated my wins & also mourned my losses. Amazing group of care providers in a very sensitive field....[Monitoring Appointments] Super easy. In & out, usually within 15-30 minutes....[Nursing Staff] Love them all.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are wonderful! And with Houston being so large, it was nice to have options of where to go for appointments. My work took me all around Houston, so I've been to several of their offices for appointments that were convenient with my schedule.
Love them all.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is THE MOST compassionate doctor I've ever had. He was willing to take a chance on me (I'm classified as advanced maternal age) & try to make my dream of becoming a mother come true. He educated me on donor eggs, which my previous doctor did not, and was able to get me pregnant.
Be open & honest with him about your needs & he'll be your biggest cheerleader.
Due to my severe lack of quality eggs, he informed me that I probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant using my eggs. But, he was willing to give it 1 final try. It didn't work. Then he educated me on donor eggs. It worked!
Super easy. In & out, usually within 15-30 minutes.
$100,000+
He always follows proper protocol on this.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
The nurses [at Houston Fertility Institute] were pretty sweet to me when I came in and found out we had lost our baby. They let me go out the side door so I didn't have to walk through the lobby. Sometimes they seem a little overwhelmed but for the most part we have great nurses!... I was anxious to receive my results so I had to call several times to make sure they got it all back in. I'm sure they would have gotten to it but it just seemed to take awhile.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Fantastic clinic! Very calming ((well as much as you can possibly be going through this))
Very caring and considerate of our feelings and concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
The nurses were pretty sweet to me when I came in and found out we had lost our baby. They let me go out the side door so I didn't have to walk through the lobby. Sometimes they seem a little overwhelmed but for the most part we have great nurses!
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams is very well educated and thorough. He made sure to walk us through what our options were and the pros and cons to each treatment plan. He has also done further testing to see what my body was doing.
Go in with an open mind and heart and don't be afraid to speak up! Do your own research on all the medications and testings!
After I had my hysteroscopy I was put on a lot of estrogen to help my lining however my body rejected it and I ended up with a hemiplegic migraine. I have also done clomid with a different doctor and metformin.
They have several different plans that you can choose from.
If we did IVF he encouraged us to only transfer one since we are only looking to grow our family by one! There is a chance that one can split so we didn't want to do more than that.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The nurse [at Houston Fertility Institute] failed to call in a prescription. We were the last patients of the day. I had to email to remind the medical assistant. She didn't do it right away had to wait a few hours. Made me think if you can't call out a simple birth control pill how are you going to handle my injections.... Not organized at all, forgetful. A positive is they will respond to email very quickly.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Each clinic is different. The offices in Houston tend to have better staff with more experience.
Dr Skorupski is very honest and sincere. He will take on your burden and leave you at peace.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Skorupski is amazing. He will get the job done no problem. You always see him every visit. He will tell you that your infertility is not your burden anymore and that he will handle it. That is such a relief Staff in the beaumont office needs better training and the financial department you literally have to stay on them. But the doctors can not be held responsible for the lack of a good staff it falls on the administrator. I'm not there for the staff just the great doctors they have .
Make sure you go in there being aggressive and not passive. Know what you want and have your finances in order and ready to go.
We are still starting our process. We have done lab work and a hysteroscopy. One thing I like is Dr Skorupski leaves no stone unturned.
Very expensive but all the clinics in the area are pricey .
Beaumont
the prices [at Houston Fertility Institute] were very high, even for taking Clomid because they require you to have ultrasounds etc and pay upfront($800)...The office atmosphere is really nice. Just know that this clinic is not cheap, and they do not work with you on payment plans. They expect payment in full at the time of services... He [Dr. Craig Witz] did lots of tests and I never got any answers as to why I wasn't conceiving. "unexplained infertility" was the diagnosis
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The office atmosphere is really nice. Just know that this clinic is not cheap, and they do not work with you on payment plans. They expect payment in full at the time of services, which is unreasonable and impossible for many people.
I mostly felt like a human, but the conversations felt rushed and not very thorough.
I don't remember any specifics so excellence or lack there of was not an issue.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
The conversations with him felt rushed and not very detailed. He did lots of tests and I never got any answers as to why I wasn't conceiving. "unexplained infertility" was the diagnosis, and then they wanted tons of money for the next steps. That's why I stopped going, it felt like they were very money hungry at that point.
Listen carefully and ask him to explain all of what he says slowly and thoroughly.
My insurance covered all of the testing up to the diagnosis of infertility. After that the prices were very high, even for taking Clomid because they require you to have ultrasounds etc and pay upfront($800).
2012 - 2016
Anovulation, Unexplained
[Houston Fertility Institute's] Weaknesses: communication with patients regarding patient protocols was poor. It was always unclear which medications to take at what dosage and at what time. Strengths: they offer early morning and lunch-time appointments... $7,000 to convert a stimulation cycle into a one-time IVF try. I think I spent at least $3,000-5,000 on medications ahead of time.
2012 - 2016
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She did not spend much time talking to me about what to expect. Her office staff did most of the communication.
Poor communication to patients. They would call and start riddling off instructions before I was ready to write anything down. They also confused me with how to fill prescriptions.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute?
The doctor was successful in helping me get pregnant with my first son in 2012, however when we tried again in 2015/2016, I spent 8+ trying and the treatments did change slightly. She did not suggest IVF until after 4-5 unsuccessful attempts at using the medication and intercourse method.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She is nice but you will not see her very often.
Describe the protocols Sonja Kristiansen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I used Gonal F, Menopur and Ovidrel to get pregnant the first time (when I was 34 years old). The second time, I was 38 years old, and we used the same stuff but added the progesterone shots and Estradiol pills.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Sonja Kristiansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
She said it was completely my choice. I chose to go with one.
Sonja Kristiansen
Houston - Hous
[Houston Fertility Institute is] Very clean, relaxing and up to date. I liked the inspirational quotes they change on the desk every week. They also did something special for national infertility day. Very easy to schedule with. I had a wait at times but was always made to feel that the doctor/nurses were available to me... here was a time when I was around 8 weeks pregnant with my twins that I started bleeding heavily right before my appointment. I was crying and very upset—the front desk girl took me back into a room so I could sit and wait privately away from others in the waiting room. The nurses and even the phlebotomist were very reassuring and so genuinely caring! Dr. Griffith saw me as soon as he could to check on the babies and everything thankfully was fine.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Griffith is so kind, supportive, and caring! I felt incredibly comfortable with him and trusted him from the start!
Very kind and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith and all staff at HFI are amazing! The nurses and the girls working the schedule were always kind and very efficient. There was a time when I was around 8 weeks pregnant with my twins that I started bleeding heavily right before my appointment. I was crying and very upset—the front desk girl took me back into a room so I could sit and wait privately away from others in the waiting room. The nurses and even the phlebotomist were very reassuring and so genuinely caring! Dr. Griffith saw me as soon as he could to check on the babies and everything thankfully was fine.
Pick him! He is the best doctor you’ll ever get.
I can’t remember
I don’t remember
He did not seem to have a strong preference. He gave us the choice of one or two and we decided on two.
The Woodlands
We were looking to move to Dr. Witz [of Houston Fertility Institute], unfortunately I felt like just a number in their system looking for a quick result. They didn't even have all of my medical records from my previous clinic before make extreme suggestions on next steps. It felt like instead of being interested in me as a patient, they were interested in me as a number or $$.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic was nice, and the staff appeared to be nice. Their billing department was not as helpful as I was expecting in helping to understand the different costs associated with treatments.
We were looking to move to Dr. Witz, unfortunately I felt like just a number in their system looking for a quick result. They didn't even have all of my medical records from my previous clinic before make extreme suggestions on next steps. It felt like instead of being interested in me as a patient, they were interested in me as a number or $$.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like I was being forced into IVF vs. being able to discuss all options, even when they didn't have my records or test results back yet. It came off as either do IVF, or never have a child. Which, if my test results indicated that, it would be one thing. But it felt very rushed and like there was no interest in what was actually going on with me.
Be assertive in what you want, or what you expect. You are your own advocate, and need to stand up for yourself. You do have choices in treatment options, or at least the choice to discuss the pro's and con's of all of them.
IUI's started at $2,000+, IVF was significantly more expensive then other clinics in the area.
2012 - 2015
4 IVF, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
[The nurses at Houston Fertility Institute are] top notch! I wouldn't have made it through my cycles without them....One of the largest clinics in Houston, and full of very competent REs....Little contact with Dr. Haddad unless I insisted on speaking with him (and had to justify it to the nurse). However, I knew that he always reviewed my chart and stayed up to date on my protocol.
2012 - 2015
4 IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One of the largest clinics in Houston, and full of very competent REs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rene Alexander and Julianne Thornton)
Top notch! I wouldn't have made it through my cycles without them.
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Haddad is incredibly smart and up-to-date on the latest advances. He is very honest and candid about concerns and prognosis. Over the course of my treatment with him, he became more compassionate as we faced many setbacks. I never stopped trusting that he would help me become a mother, which he ultimately did.
Ask him lots of questions! Don't be afraid to ask him why. He's happy to explain it.
We used a high-dose antagonist protocol during my first IVF. After the poor response, we quickly changed to the microdose lupon protocol which worked very well. For future transfers, we also used some immunology treatments (per my suggestion).
I was lucky to have insurance coverage!
2013 - 2015
We had some issues with the billing portion of our treatment and were very dissatisfied with the honesty of the billing department [at Houston Fertility Institute]. It took a while, but we were able to sort out our problem. The Piney Point surgery center seemed much colder and impersonal than the Webster clinic, but the care there was satisfactory as well....In general, the nursing staff was excellent. They were caring, and capable. One of the nurses did not explain things well nor answer questions correctly, but once we figured this out we were sure to double check the instructions she gave us. Other than that, though, she was extremely friendly and caring.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
We had some issues with the billing portion of our treatment and were very dissatisfied with the honesty of the billing department. It took a while, but we were able to sort out our problem. The Piney Point surgery center seemed much colder and impersonal than the Webster clinic, but the care there was satisfactory as well.
The nurses in the office were phenomenal and remembered everything. I felt very confident and comfortable with Dr. Witz and the Webster office staff.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Witz was extremely knowledgeable and capable. He answered all of our questions honestly and thoroughly, with numbers and science to back up his answers. Although he was sometimes a bit blunt, we preferred this honest and candid demeanor. At the end of the day he was an understanding and compassionate professional.
Ask questions, and know that he can be blunt but is extremely caring.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
I think that the team that was at his office was very caring and truly cared about my outcome. The best person that I dealt with at his office was his sonographer, she was always so positive every time I was there. The egg donor coordinator was located at a separate office and the coordination and communication was not as good with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey and June)
Lindsey took care of the appointment setup and coordination and June took care of me at my appointments. June was the best nurse; I could not have asked for more. She was so compassionate and treated us like she knew we were going to be successful no matter what difficulties we had faced. She was nothing but uplifting.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
He took the time to understand our situation and review all our medical records prior to making any recommendations for treatment. I felt like we discussed our options and then once WE were ready to move forward, he let us move at a pace that we appreciated. There was never any pressure to do more or less than what we were comfortable with.
He is a trusted advisor and not just a doctor, hear him out and decide which option is best for you.
It was about $11,500 plus medication and clinic fees of $3500.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Good location [Houston Fertility Institute- Sugar Land] and clean, helpful and accommodating with your appointment times. Sometimes the nurses can be not so friendly, it’s such a touching moment going through IVF. Some of them are nice but some are not.... We have spent about $30,000... He [Dr. Kim] is always so caring and helpful, I truly feel that he cares.... Dr Kim will need to do a minor surgery on me before we transfer our last embryo.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Good location and clean, helpful and accommodating with your appointment times. Sometimes the nurses can be not so friendly, it’s such a touching moment going through IVF. Some of them are nice but some are not.
He is always so caring and helpful, I truly feel that he cares.
Nice, somewhat friendly.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
We have mixed feelings because our embryo transfers have not worked and we really don’t have an answer as to why. We have an idea but nothing really confirmed. We have one more frozen embryo that we need to transfer but Dr Kim will need to do a minor surgery on me before we transfer our last embryo.
Ask lots of questions.
I was placed on lots of estrogen and progesterone. We believe that the estrogen caused the fluid in my tubes.
We have spent about $30,000
I’m fine with his approach to only transferring one at a time but I just don’t understand why our transfers still haven’t work.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The nurses at Houston fertility institute are vey nice. They definitely take care of you and help you out in everyway.... At hfi they are always on top of their patients. Anytime I had an appointment I never had to wait. If you have any questions or concerns you can always ask the staff and they will let you know what's going on.... the ivf cost right ast 13,000... Dr. Ryan steward will take care of you to the fullest. He is very compassionate and understanding of all of your needs.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Steward actually took the time to listen to me. I never once felt like I had to hurry up with any of my appointments. He is a very calm and understanding doctor.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is a very intelligent doctor. From my first appointment he has always been straight forward with me about everything that is going on with my infertility. I am very happy with him as my doctor because he has an awesome bed side manner.
I don't remember the actual protocol.
the ivf cost right ast 13,000
He prefers one embryo to be transferred at a time but he will do two.
The Woodlands
We are very pleased with all aspects of this experience [at Houston Fertility Institute]...Medicated IUI. We are pregnant after the first round...$1500 for medicated IUI plus cost of meds...[nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] Always good communication and response to messages left...Dr. Skorupski was very open and honest about our treatment and diagnosis. I felt he was very realstic
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
We are very pleased with all aspects of this experience
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Mary )
Always good communication and response to messages left.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was informative and very calming about the process. He listened to our concerns and made us the major decision makers while providing support. At no time did I feel like he was quick to push more expensive treatments just for financial gain. He let us decide what course of treatment we were comfortable with but advised whatever we try to no do so more than 3 times to avoid wasting money or time.
Listen to his knowledge about genetics and realistic approach to treatment.
Medicated IUI. We are pregnant after the first round
$1500 for medicated IUI plus cost of meds
Houston Willowbrook
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] are all helpful and informative. No one ever seemed annoyed at needing to help or answer questions repeatedly...For all of the tests run on myself and my husband, we spent about $1,000...The clinic is clean, well run and organized, and very personable.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is clean, well run and organized, and very personable.
Dr. Steward is very personable, he took the time to explain the situation and the option that we had available.
They are all helpful and informative. No one ever seemed annoyed at needing to help or answer questions repeatedly.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Steward was thorough in getting to the bottom of our infertility. HE ran multiple tests on myself and my husband to pinpoint the issue. He honestly told us that IUI would not be a viable option and that IVF was the only course. I appreciated him being honest and not just taking our money for a failed IUI
Be open and honest, he wants to know it all in order to better support you.
We have not moved forward with IVF because we cannot afford it.
For all of the tests run on myself and my husband, we spent about $1,000
We have not experienced this.
2 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
The sperm vial for one of my IUIs had a number low enough to influence outcome. I did not become pregnant that cycle. Had I been informed I would have asked to use a 2nd vial for the insemination to improve chance of results. The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] also forgot to order one of my genetic tests--or maybe the lab made the mistake--but it wasn't a big issue. I believe it was a test tailored for Ashkenazi Jews and I am not Jewish so it wasn't really a concern. They informed me of the issue and I appreciated their upfrontness.
2 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Lots of locations. Wish they had one in the Heights/central Houston. Surgical procedures went very smoothly and were not a source of stress.
Lots of contact, personal phone calls, knowledge of me and my situation, long consultations with honest, nuanced answers to every question I could ask.
Very helpful, some seemed more efficient at reading ultrasounds than others.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Took time to answer questions, comped an IUI where the doctor performing procedure did not communicate well. Made personal phone calls. Spent far more time than required talking with me and answering questions. Sensitive to my situation as a gay, single woman.
Take advantage of his willingness to answer questions.
Menopur and gonal-F for IVF.
I believe IVF was around $16k + meds, IUI around $3-4k + meds
Explained the two options, risk of multiples, percentage increase in success per attempt when using 2 embryos vs. benefit of preserving the 2nd embryo for a later attempt.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Occasionally the office staff isn't as warm and easy to open up to...[The nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] gave me their personal cell phone numbers to keep in touch and to ask questions any time I needed...[Dr Jason Griffith is] extremely compassionate and caring. Takes his time and listens. Let's you cry to him and genuinely wants to do everything in his power to help you.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Occasionally the office staff isn't as warm and easy to open up to.
Dr Griffith always came out to greet me himself and always showed compassion and care about the struggles I was living through. He always went above and beyond to help us get answers and find a resolution. If I went to his office for an unplanned unscheduled visit he would hear what my needs were, and when I went to introduce our new arrival to him, and he wasn't able to come out to hold her, he called me personally that evening to tell me how sorry he was he missed us and to please come back the following day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Amber Mendoza, June)
All the same as Dr Griffith even gave me their personal cell phone numbers to keep in touch and to ask questions any time I needed
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Extremely compassionate and caring. Takes his time and listens. Let's you cry to him and genuinely wants to do everything in his power to help you.
Don't be shy, talk to him get personal he is very down to earth and wants to know you and your family
The Woodlands
HFI is focused on service, quality care, and results. I feel like I am getting the best care possible with Houston Fertility Institute. I couldn't imagine going through such a difficult and emotional process with a better group of people- Dr. Witz and the team at HFI are the absolute best in Houston!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
He is so caring and understanding. He is great at answering any questions you may have and he really listens to your concerns.
The whole nursing staff is fantastic! They're always willing to talk through whatever questions or concerns you have. They're very compassionate and caring people.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Witz is fantastic! I would recommend him to anyone TTC. He makes the process better by explaining the process, answering questions, and really connecting with you. You're not just a number with him.
Ask questions!
2013
I visited the Katy office [Houston Fertility Institute] while Dr. Wits was there which was a much better fit for us. The Piney location wait times could get a little long sometimes because of the amount of patients treated at that location which is also their surgery center.... Wonderful staff! Called immediately with all results... [Cost Of Treatment] Approx 15k total... [Dr. Witz] Called to check on me even after hours.... He is probably my favorite doctor I've ever had.
2013
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I visited the Katy office while Dr. Wits was there which was a much better fit for us. The Piney location wait times could get a little long sometimes because of the amount of patients treated at that location which is also their surgery center.
When I hylwrsrimulated due to PCOS he was genuinely concerned. Called to check on me even after hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lisa, Vanessa )
Wonderful staff! Called immediately with all results
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is probably my favorite doctor I've ever had. Very honest, and explained things in great detail. Took the time to call and check on me often, always got me in for an appointment to check on things if I felt the slightest bit of doubt.
Trust him, he knows what he's doing.
I don't remember exactly. One IVF cycle that resulted in hyperstimulation due to pcos, and a freeze all cycle. Frozen transfer the next month that resulted in a twin pregnancy.
Approx 15k total
Counseled us on the risks of implanting two (which was our preference) advised not to transfer more then that
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Very nice clinic. They seemed very professional and able to help us. We never had to wait for very long for our appointments and we felt that they were always well organized. Whenever we didn’t get to see our doctor we still felt well taken care of... [Nursing Staff] Very on top of things... He [Dr. Steward] was thorough in explaining many of the features of our treatment but he wasn’t the most personable doctor....
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I felt like dr steward was definitely accessible when we needed to talk to him but he never felt overly invested in our situation. At times we wished he would have taken a little bit more time to get to know us but still he seemed like a very nice guy
Very on top of things
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
He’s a very nice and knowledgeable man. He was thorough in explaining many of the features of our treatment but he wasn’t the most personable doctor. He was very accessible but never felt overly invested in us personally
Houston - Hous
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] is very efficient, well organized, professional, and high quality. The wait time in my office was usually very short. However, whenever I had to have a procedure I had to go to the Piney Point office and the wait time was usually pretty long. I got good care wherever I went...IUI with clomid - $1500 IUI with injectables - $2600 IVF - $12,900
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very efficient, well organized, professional, and high quality. The wait time in my office was usually very short. However, whenever I had to have a procedure I had to go to the Piney Point office and the wait time was usually pretty long. I got good care wherever I went.
He was caring and personable, but did push IVF.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was a very kind and personable doctor. When we asked questions he was honest and open. However, he did want to push more aggressive treatment than we wanted and it felt like we had to ask things to understand.
IUI with clomid - $1500 IUI with injectables - $2600 IVF - $12,900
Houston - Womans Hospital
Strengths [at Houston Fertility Institute] would be: it is very easy to get an appointment, receptionist was always helpful and pleasant to talk to, clean office, up to date technology, easy to get in touch with. Weaknesses would be: sometimes the wait is fairly long (we waited an hour+ twice even though we had an appointment.)...I was supposed to get a prescription for antibiotics prior to a HSG procedure and I was never given the prescription. I had to call in and ask them for it.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strengths would be: it is very easy to get an appointment, receptionist was always helpful and pleasant to talk to, clean office, up to date technology, easy to get in touch with. Weaknesses would be: sometimes the wait is fairly long (we waited an hour+ twice even though we had an appointment.)
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim was an amazing doctor and truly explained the details of everything to us. He was always positive, yet realistic. He never made me feel rushed and he always took the time at any appointment to answer every question. He also did weekly monitoring, which as someone struggling with infertility knows this is seriously an amazing thing.
Sugar Land
They [Houston Fertility Institute] were caring clean and well prepared. They were available for all my questions. Patient with all my needs during my HSG appointment. They were the best clinic for my time there. They were just expensive.... [Cost Of Treatment] The started at $12k but a suggested $30k package was preferred not including medications... I wish was other payment options so that the less fortunate can afford treatment.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They were caring clean and well prepared. They were available for all my questions. Patient with all my needs during my HSG appointment. They were the best clinic for my time there. They were just expensive.
They were available for all my questions.
Excellent and informative
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
He were available for all my questions. Very informative. He took the time to explain my results after my HSG. The only thing I wish was other payment options so that the less fortunate can afford treatment.
Have questions you want answered ready at consultation. That way you can take full advantage of your time with him
The strategy was to do IVF.
Na
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
It was easy to get an appointment [at Houston Fertility Institute] for a consultation and any other necessary appointments...The nursing staff is great!!...Dr. Yeh suggested that my best treatment option is to do IVF...As a patient of Dr. Yeh's I could not be more pleased. He has been very patient and also has gone into great detail about my treatment options. He also explained all of my test results and to what they mean. He does suggest that I use IVF but I believe that is my best option as well.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It was easy to get an appointment for a consultation and any other necessary appointments.
He is very patient and answers all my questions. He has gone over all the treatment options in great detail. I am honestly very pleased with him.
The nursing staff is great!!
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be sure to ask lots of questions, he will answer them!
Dr. Yeh suggested that my best treatment option is to do IVF. I have yet to start the IVF process.
Jason Yeh
2013 - 2016
It's a fantastic clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] with fantastic doctors and staff! I felt very well cared for...The nursing staff at HFI is absolutely incredible. They remember your name, background and are excellent communicators and take the worries of their patients serious. I was very happy with the care provided...Dr. Kim is a fantastic doctor. He is knowledgeable, explains everything, cares very much and always has a friendly demeanor and positive outlook.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It's a fantastic clinic with fantastic doctors and staff! I felt very well cared for.
Dr. Kim is absolutely amazing. He explains in details, cares greatly and takes great pride in a good patient-caregiver relationship.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa Jones and Lisa Morton)
2013 - 2015
You won't see him [Dr. Haddad] at every visit but his partners [at Houston Fertility Institute] are there too and are equally nice. I saw the same nurses all the time and could get a hold of them and ask questions easily. When I called I could always speak to a nurse or send an email and they would respond same day. Everyone is super friendly and sweet!
2013 - 2015
Always cleared up any questions either by phone or email.
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Haddad is friendly and listens to any concerns and answers any questions. I saw him during my diagnosis stage and then once the course of treatment was defined it was just the nurses up until the IUI. He did some and his other partners did some when he wasn't on call. All staff was great and warm.
You won't see him at every visit but his partners are there too and are equally nice.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
She [Dr. Kemi Nurudeen] listened to me, answered all my questions. I was not sure of some of her recommendations though. I met her in person only twice through out my IUI's. Most of my conversations with her were on the phone.... 3 IUI cycles with letrozole. Initially 5 mg daily and the next two were 7.5 mg daily. Also was started on levothyroxine for subclinical hypothyroidism.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She listened to me, answered all my questions. I was not sure of some of her recommendations though. I met her in person only twice through out my IUI's. Most of my conversations with her were on the phone.
educate yourself prior to your visit so you can ask pertinent questions and feel like you had a productive conversation.
strong preference for single embryo transfer for someone my age.
[The nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute was] so sweet. Fast r