Genetic counseling: Offered
713-796-9888
9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380
281-681-0480
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Institute to a friend?

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I felt that I had to come up with the ideas and adjustments that ultimately led to my success. She [Dr. Kemi Nurudeen] is overall very approachable, friendly, and accommodating. I really appreciated her bedside manner...was at all times, professional and kind...I didn’t feel that she was particularly innovative or following our case closely enough to make small adjustments etc. I felt that any changes that occurred were based on my own ideas (to which she agreed)...She was attentive and listened to our concerns.
Test results were almost always published appropriately [by the staff at Houston Fertility Institute]. There were a few rare occassions when they weren’t posted. I was given major attitude the few times I called to ask about them...Seems like a factory...The very first thing they say after hello, is the sum of your bill. No real explanation of the bill. Just the sum total. If you have q’s the financial counselor will come up to the front desk and openly state whAt you owe...I was not impressed by the medical assistants at HFI overall. I think they are good at ultrasounds but their bedside manner is severely lacking.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She was kind, empathetic, professional. She seemed young in her practice. Didn’t seem as evidence based- when discussing novel therapies would state that “the clinic had success with x,y,z” but wasn’t able to elaborate on the supporting evidence or mechanism of action. Sometimes she would get confused on my medical details or the things we discussed. I’m Sure it’s hard to juggle so many patients but this reminded me why people regard hfi as a factory rather than a personal experience. I did end up having success here and I am forever grateful for that but I felt that I had to come up with the ideas and adjustments that ultimately led to my success. She is overall very approachable, friendly, and accommodating. I really appreciated her bedside manner
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Come with a lot of open ended questions and let her response (rather than you filling in what your specific ideas are).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Nurudeen was at all times, professional and kind. She was attentive and listened to our concerns. I didn’t feel that she was particularly innovative or following our case closely enough to make small adjustments etc. I felt that any changes that occurred were based on my own ideas (to which she agreed).
Describe the protocols Kemi Nurudeen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with estrogen priming. Followed by second antagonist protocol going above max dose meds (above gonal/ menopur 300)
I was not impressed by the medical assistants at HFI overall. I think they are good at ultrasounds but their bedside manner is severely lacking. I felt like I was bothering them any time I spoke to them in person. I think they only like to be asked q’s over email or the phone. I found them to be very cold (especially compared to my old clinic). On more than one occasion, I was made to feel badly about the scheduling of my appts. I have a tough work schedule and dr nurudeen was made aware of this at our initial consult. She assured me that it wasn’t a problem. The MAs however, felt differently and routinely pointed that out to me. It was clear that though dr nurudeen had said things were fine with my schedule, the MAs were free to make comments to me. I was taken aback on my very first lab visit where one of the MAs pointed at me and said that everyone was stuck there working late because of me. I don’t think the doctors have any control or say really, in how the MAs treat or speak to their patients. From Then on, I knew that this would strictly be a “working relationship” and that these were not staff who I could consider friends or “teammates”
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Seems like a factory The very first thing they say after hello, is the sum of your bill. No real explanation of the bill. Just the sum total. If you have q’s the financial counselor will come up to the front desk and openly state whAt you owe. definitely do privacy The two biggest complaints abo it hfi are the money haggling and impersonal quality. I found both to be true
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute.
Don’t know. Didn’t like how money seemed to be the #1 thing though
Describe Kemi Nurudeen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
We did fresh 3day transfer so 2 embryos Made more sense
+ Read more- Read less

I only saw him [Dr. Griffith] at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored...He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress...He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience...he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K [at Houston Fertility Institute]...If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear...nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard...The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Griffith. I had gone through my first IVF cycle with another clinic which resulted in 0 normal embryos to transfer and that doctor didn't seem to show any compassion or care in my results. Knowing that we could only afford to pay for one additional cycle, I did extensive research with varying clinics and met with 5 new RE's. Dr. Griffith was the last RE I met with and he immediately put me at ease. I had a long list of questions regarding my failed cycle and had done my own research regarding what may help in a second. He patiently answered all my questions and backed up all my research with data of his own. Once the cycle started, I only saw him at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored. His nurses were there to help relay any questions I had quickly to him to answer. He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress. He did not perform my egg retrieval but I knew that going into the cycle. I did have some minor complications after the retrieval which required a trip to the ER. I notified the clinic of my symptoms and ER visit and they quickly had me come in to be evaluated by Dr. Griffith even though everything had been resolved. He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience. I couldn't have chosen a better doctor for my IVF journey. My only wish is that I had come to him the first time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I think being understanding that you are not going to see Dr. Griffith at every appointment. I saw him for my consultation and during my stimulation period to confirm progress prior to retrieval. He did not perform my retrieval but I knew that beforehand so I was comfortable with it. He did perform my transfer and performed my US the day my pregnancy was confirmed in the clinic. He also performed my last US the day I graduated from the clinic. It was apparent to me that Dr. Griffith had a large amount of patients he was treating and that almost made me more comfortable in my decision to use him in that he was in such high demand. Even though I did not see him every appointment, I never had any issues in having my questions answered by him quickly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith and the nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard. Though I did not see Dr. Griffith every visit, if I had any questions regarding my cycle/treatment, I was able to get quick answers from him. The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
Describe the protocols Jason Griffith used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Protocol was important to me and one of the reasons why I chose Dr. Griffith. After speaking with 5 different RE's, Dr. Griffith was one of two that offered a different protocol than the one I had previously used which resulted in a failed cycle. My first cycle was an antagonist protocol using a combination of Gonal-F and Menopur. I had a slow start (only a few follicles showing) so my Gonal dosage was increased on day 4. I ended up with 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature. Of those, only 7 fertilized and I ended up with 4 embryos (3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic). Since I did not have any normal embryos to transfer, the cycle ended. I took these results to Dr. Griffith and he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna & Leah)
The nurses and coordinators at HFI Willowbrook are amazing! I spoke and met with Jenna/Leah mostly and they both were always very sweet, answered my questions, and were personable and kind with our interactions. They always put me at ease and were supportive throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I think overall the clinic was great! They were always very clear in communications. If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear. I would only say it would be nice to have the option of the consent forms for you and your partner to be signed electronically off site. That really is my only suggestion. Everything else was great!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K.
Describe Jason Griffith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
This was my choice really. I was against multiple embryo transfer and Dr. Griffith supported my choice and never suggested anything other than an eSET.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.

6 IUI, IVF
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. ... After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. ... Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her.
The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them ... Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time.
6 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hoff is a sweet person and extremely compassionate. After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. During my "wins" (one chemical and one miscarriage) we celebrated together my positive betas and was always willing to talk to us if we didn't have positive betas. I felt that she was really on my team when it came to my results. As far as the not-so-good, she was not very proactive regarding our treatment. We had to bring a treatment option to her that was not offered to us and was extremely simple (freezing sperm to mix with a fresh sample for an IUI). Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her. Dr. Hoff is an extremely positive person so all of our conversations centered around what could go right in the future, and not what was going wrong right now. It was comforting to have her reassurance but I think I really could have used more professional guidance on the actual problems we were having.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be your own advocate and research your own treatment options. Ask "why" ALWAYS because she won't tell you or give you a vague answer. A lot of times the answer really is vague, but sometimes it's not....but you aren't given any details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. It was a little frustrating because we didn't go to medical school for this.
Describe the protocols Heather Hoff used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Before cycling I had a hysteroscopy and my husband had a SA to determine where we were. Hoff said my hysteroscopy results came back perfect, but when I looked in my surgery report it said that the biopsy result they took was not positive for inflammation, but contained "pre-inflammation" or something. I was never told this by Hoff as she said everything looked good so I believed her. My husband's SA came back a little less than perfect but she said it was adequate for an IUI even though it had less than 1% morphology. IUI #1-- I used Clomid and regular monitoring. The last monitoring appointment I went to they said I had already ovulated and instructed me NOT to use my Ovidrel trigger but to have sex that evening and then come in for an IUI next day. I did so and during my TWW I used Endometrin vaginally 1x a day. after my TWW I had a positive beta of 16. The next beta it fell to 5, resulting in a chemical pregnancy. IUI #2- Same exact protocol as IUI #1 except I did use my Ovidrel trigger this time. Husband's sample day of IUI was extremely poor. We asked Hoff about this and she said he may have had an infection three months prior. Results were a negative beta. IUI #3- Changed protocols by switching to Letrozole with another Ovidrel trigger. I responded well to the Letrozole. This cycle we brought up the option of freezing samples beforehand and mixing them with fresh samples to get better counts. This resulted in better counts but ended in another negative beta. IUI #4- Protocol was not changed at all and ended in a missed chemical pregnancy (positive HPT but negative beta.) IUI #5- Same as previous protocol. In November of 2018 I became pregnant naturally. I went to see Hoff for my betas and eventual scans. My progesterone was not at the level they wanted so they kept increasing it. Eventually I was on Endometrin 3x daily and oral progesterone 3x daily. No heartbeat ever developed and I had a miscarriage.
I loved the nurses at my branch of HFI (Katy.) They were communicative and really compassionate. I have trouble with vaginal ultrasounds and Vanessa was extremely respectful of this. I felt really comfortable with her doing my scans. The nurses calmed me down a lot when I had problems and were often a better source of quick information than the Internet!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI has lots of locations and there was one ten minutes from my house on the way to my office. The offices are nice, new and comfortable. The staff is nice at certain locations. Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time. All procedures are performed at the Piney Point location ONLY, so I had to travel into Houston directly every time I had an IUI. That is pretty annoying. They are one of the more expensive clinics in Houston. A single cycle with meds and PGS will run you about $20,000 - $30,000. The payment options are meager at best. The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute.
IUIs were about $1,500 each and meds were another $300-400.
Describe Heather Hoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
No embryo experience with Hoff.
Heather Hoff
+ Read more- Read less

Initially I went for a consultation about egg retrieval and Dr Williams fully explained the process and how it would work at HFI. ... He gave me my options and helped me to understand them fully so I could make the best decision possible given my circumstances. When the first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy (and I was sad/mad/confused), he displayed empathy, encouraged me and adjusted my plan to move forward.
I knew after the first meeting with Dr Williams that HFI utilizes a team approach, which makes sense given the time intensive nature of the fertility business. I saw multiple doctors during my time there .... They [nurses] were great to work with and were responsive to all of my communication, whether it was in person, via email or phone. They were professional when delivering results, both good and bad. They took some verbal frustrations from me in stride, and encouraged me in the right way.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Initially I went for a consultation about egg retrieval and Dr Williams fully explained the process and how it would work at HFI. A few months later I returned ready to move forward with the goal of having a baby on my own. We started with IUI's and ultimately moved on to IVF. He gave me my options and helped me to understand them fully so I could make the best decision possible given my circumstances. When the first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy (and I was sad/mad/confused), he displayed empathy, encouraged me and adjusted my plan to move forward. My second transfer was successful and he and his staff were elated for me and celebrated each week until I 'graduated' to my OB. I felt well cared for at every step and look forward to repeating the process with him in the next couple of years.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Communicate and Trust. There are a lot of options when you start the journey, talk to Dr Williams about your concerns and ask any questions. He will explain things to you so you can make the best decision for your family. Trust that he wants the same outcome that you do, and know that he's working to make your dreams come true.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
I was supported through my entire journey - and it was a roller coaster of elation and disappointment. Dr Williams and his staff responded to my questions with detailed information, compassion and professionalism. I received phone calls when I thought something wasn't right (there was an issue with a study I was supposed to be a part of that didn't happen, but Dr Williams was not at fault), he walked me through my options and different stages of treatment, and helped me to land on the best path forward given my preferences and desired ultimate outcome.
Describe the protocols Daniel Williams used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
1. Hysteroscopy: Found that both of my tubes were blocked, but they were able to get them unblocked during the procedure. This was crucial prior to moving onto my IUI treatment. 2. IUI's (2 times): Femara (oral med) + Ovidrel (injectible): Neither one was successful 3. Egg Retrieval: Menopur (150iu); Cetrotide .(.25 mg) Ovidrel (250 mcg) Follistim AQ (150IU ) - 19 eggs retrieved, 13 mature, 9 fertilized, 6 blastocysts; PGS testing - 3 normal, 2 abnormal, 1 inconclusive 4. FET #1: Desogen; Prednisone 10mg (2 x/day x 4 days starting 1 day before ET); Minivelle Patch 0.1mg (place 3 patch on the skin and change every 3 days); Estrace 2 mg - Tablets; PIO Shots. Once chemical pregnancy was confirmed, I had to take methotrexate to stop cell division. My HCG numbers were crawling upwards, but absolutely not to the point that it could've at all been a viable pregnancy. It took at least two weeks to confirm (which was the worst period of the entire journey), because he didn't want to call it too soon. My number never went above 400 though, so they couldn't see anything on an ultrasound, but with the numbers creeping up, cell division was happening somewhere, and we needed to end it in case it was an eptopic pregnancy. I then had to wait until my HCG numbers came back down to 0 for us to begin discussing how to best move forward. I was very frustrated because I'd transferred PGS tested embryo and it implanted, so I didn't understand why the pregnancy wasn't successful. Dr Williams explained that I was in a very low percentage of people that unfortunately experience a chemical pregnancy for an unknown reason. 4. FET #2: I used the same protocol as FET #1, but added Lovenox 40mg/0.4ml mg/dl - Injection. His reasoning was that it could potentially help, but certainly couldn't hurt. And he knew I wanted to do something more in hopes of a successful outcome with FET #2. This one worked! I stayed on PIO and estrogen through Week 10 of my pregnancy. I went for weekly visits with Dr Williams through Week 12.
I had three nurses during my time there - Patricia, Connie and Joy. They were great to work with and were responsive to all of my communication, whether it was in person, via email or phone. They were professional when delivering results, both good and bad. They took some verbal frustrations from me in stride, and encouraged me in the right way.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I had no idea what to expect going into the process, but it was a great experience overall. I knew after the first meeting with Dr Williams that HFI utilizes a team approach, which makes sense given the time intensive nature of the fertility business. I saw multiple doctors during my time there - from the hysteroscopy (Dr. Bello), to the egg retrieval (Dr. Kim) to the embryo transfers (both performed by Dr. Williams). I also had a bleeding scare on a Sunday morning and had to call the emergency line, and I got a call back from the Dr on call (Dr. Bello) who had me come in for an ultrasound right away (everything was ok). It was great to know that no matter what the issue could be, there was someone available to handle it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.
IUI's (including medications covered by insurance): $1700 IVF (including medications covered by insurance, egg retrieval, FET #1 and monitoring): $13k PGS Testing: $5k FET #2 (including medications covered by insurance and monitoring): $5k
Describe Daniel Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I preferred a single transfer as I did not want to chance having multiples, so there was never a debate as to how many to transfer. He preferred transferring a single embryo, as did I.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
NO matter how dumb your questions sound, don't worry...DR.Yeh has patience for us and will not let you leave unless all your questions are answered...Since day 1 it was clear my cycles were irregular, we went straight to ultrasounds. He said it was recommended to have a hysteroscopy done before we tried any kind of treatment...I felt like he has been the only Dr. who was able to find my problem. He was the 1st fertility Dr. i saw but since i was little ihad signs of PCOS and my Drs never seemed to figure it out. HE was amazing!!!! I have recomended him to a few friends.
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] were very patient and answered all my questions. They have a patient portal to where we as patients can message them directly with questions. if they had the time to give me a call they would...IUI cost between 1200-4000 IVF cost 14000-30000. That was not including the medication needed...everyone has a smile at all times. They offer water and even crackers if yo go on an empty stomach.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
NO matter how dumb your questions sound, don't worry DR. Yeh has patience for us and will not let you leave unless all your questions are answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Yeh listened to me no matter how dumb or simple my questions would be. He knew what to say
Describe the protocols Jason Yeh used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Since day 1 it was clear my cycles were irregular, we went straight to ultrasounds. He said it was recommended to have a hysteroscopy done before we tried any kind of treatment. While waiting for my hysteroscopy appointment we did blood and urine tests and found out i had PCOS, which made it hard for me to ovulate, after that my husband and i wanted IUI treatment but unfortunately when dong the hysteroscopy we found out my tubes were blocked, leaving us with only IVF as our only option. Due to the pandemic i haven't worked for a few months and in order to gather such an amount of money for IVF makes me feel sad. Already knowing i need such a treatment to conceive makes me feel less of a woman!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira Casttleberry)
They were very patient and answered all my questions. They have a patient portal to where we as patients can message them directly with questions. if they had the time to give me a call they would
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I honestly felt that they were great as they are now. I don't think they need to change anything. From walking in, to being called back, to the DR the staff everyone has a smile at all times. They offer water and even crackers if yo go on an empty stomach.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Jason Yeh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He mentioned i was high on egg production. He said while taking the eggs out they would try to take as many as they can at once in case it did't work the 1st time.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute.

1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr Clapp is a wonderful specialist. She is extremely knowledgeable and always happy to explain any procedure to what ever detail made us comfortable. She personally called the lab when we had questions about laboratory equipment and procedures. If I had questions the nurses couldn’t answer she would personally call back. Sometimes she can be matter of fact, but she does care about her patients greatly.
Great clinic [Houston Fertility Institute]. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate. ... They had a wide variety of financial options. They range from single egg retrieval to multiple retrievals and transfers.
1 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
she Works at multiple facilities, so don’t be concerned if you can’t see her every visit. She reviews all the results and works with the other doctors in her practice and ultimately makes the recommendations for your treatment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
The nurses were spectacular. Called every day to check on me, provide updates and answer any questions I had
Describe the protocols Alexa Clapp used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We started with androgen Hormone priming (estrogen & testosterone) to promote better quality eggs since I am older than 35 & previous 2 retrievals resulted in Poor quality embryos. We planned on a 10 day ovarian stimulation with max doses of menopur and gonal F. She adjusted to 12 days of stimulation to allow the eggs to further mature. We had planned on fresh day 3 transfer. Dr clapp recommended against this as my progesterone rose to a level where fresh transfers are unsuccessful. She explained everything and we moved to a freeze all. By day 5 we only had 1 blast embryo, but 5 still growing. We let them mature to day 6 and got one more blast. We then did a frozen transfer of both embryos (one excellent quality the other fair). We had a live singleton birth as the result. No complications during pregnancy. Easy birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
Called frequently with test results and to check on me. Very friendly and compassionate. Efficient at care & provided excellent follow up
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great clinic. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Alexa Clapp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr Clapp makes her recommendations on a case by case basis. I really felt like she was tailoring our treatment to us vs blindly following a protocol.
Alexa Clapp
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
When our ivf cycle failed, he [Dr. Daniel Williams] had a very loving conversation with us encouraging us to take some time and then come back and we will go at it again from a new perspective. He makes you feel like you are important and he genuinely cares about you...has an all around professional demeanor. He wants to make sure you truly understand what is going to happen. He doesn’t mind re-explaining things and is very patient. Dr. Williams is also compassionate. I am very emotional and some days the tears would get the best of me and Dr. Williams would always be kind and try to make me feel better about the stresses of going through IVF. When our IUI and IVF pregnancy tests were negative he was very compassionate. It was like the results hurt him too. Makes you feel like you are his only patient and that says a lot to me. Especially when you’re going through something as emotional as IVF. I would and have suggested Dr. Williams to several of my friends. He’s great!!
Amber and Kat [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] were absolutely amazing. They were both compassionate, organized, knowledgeable and had great communication skills...The Piney Point office is the one we go to with Dr. Williams. We prefer it over the Sugar Land office, due to the office staff being much more friendly and down to earth. Their biggest strength at HFI, is communication and compassion. They make sure you fully understand what you’re going through and what will happen. They leave no stone unturned. They also make you feel comfortable and cared for during this time. They help you during the times that are a struggle and they will even check on you to make sure you’re doing well.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams has an all around professional demeanor. He wants to make sure you truly understand what is going to happen. He doesn’t mind re-explaining things and is very patient. Dr. Williams is also compassionate. I am very emotional and some days the tears would get the best of me and Dr. Williams would always be kind and try to make me feel better about the stresses of going through IVF. When our IUI and IVF pregnancy tests were negative he was very compassionate. It was like the results hurt him too. Makes you feel like you are his only patient and that says a lot to me. Especially when you’re going through something as emotional as IVF. I would and have suggested Dr. Williams to several of my friends. He’s great!!
Take notes and ask every question, even if it feels stupid or if he has already answered it. Be transparent.
Dr. Williams tried to get to know my husband and me. When we went to the appointments he was very thorough and would look us each in the eye. Making sure we understood and that he wasn’t talking to just one of us. When our ivf cycle failed, he had a very loving conversation with us encouraging us to take some time and then come back and we will go at it again from a new perspective. He makes you feel like you are important and he genuinely cares about you.
I can’t remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Amber Mendoza & Kat Vallejos)
Amber and Kat were absolutely amazing. They were both compassionate, organized, knowledgeable and had great communication skills. I honestly cannot day enough about them. They stood out to me and my husband and nurses/ care coordinator who love their job and who care about their patients.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Houston Fertility Institute is wonderful! The Piney Point office is the one we go to with Dr. Williams. We prefer it over the Sugar Land office, due to the office staff being much more friendly and down to earth. Their biggest strength at HFI, is communication and compassion. They make sure you fully understand what you’re going through and what will happen. They leave no stone unturned. They also make you feel comfortable and cared for during this time. They help you during the times that are a struggle and they will even check on you to make sure you’re doing well.
I cannot remember.
Dr. Williams prefers to implant one embryo but will do two if requested.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
he [Dr. Jason Yeh] did not catch a pretty big error that his partner documented on a medical procedure and then took longer than expected to call me to explain...He explained all the statistics for each procedure and answered every question I had. Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule
Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing [at Houston Fertility Institute]. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule a consult with another fertility clinic due to costs of IVF and picked up a copy of my report to fax. That’s when I realized That dr. Bello had documented that I had two normal appearing tubes with normal fill and spill. I called dr. Yehs office immediately and expected a phone call the same day (it was a Friday) and didn’t receive a call until Monday at 5:30pm. I have zero trust in my report and in my doctors and now I have To repeat the entire test again. It was a horrible experience and I will Never go back.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was very compassionate about my recent ruptured ectopic pregnancy and made my husband and I feel Like we would be taken care of very well. We felt safe after having issues with trust from doctors. He explained all the statistics for each procedure and answered every question I had. Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule a consult with another fertility clinic due to costs of IVF and picked up a copy of my report to fax. That’s when I realized That dr. Bello had documented that I had two normal appearing tubes with normal fill and spill. I called dr. Yehs office immediately and expected a phone call the same day (it was a Friday) and didn’t receive a call until Monday at 5:30pm. I have zero trust in my report and in my doctors and now I have To repeat the entire test again. It was a horrible experience and I will Never go back.
Make sure to get copies of all of your reports to verify accuracy.
Because he did not catch a pretty big error that his partner documented on a medical procedure and then took longer than expected to call me to explain.
He had recommended a estrogen antagonist (I believe) priming instead of a birth control pill start. I was Told that bcp can cause sleepy ovaries and in diminished ovarian reserve it’s not the best, which is why they use an estrogen priming. That’s all we really discussed because I didn't Continue treatment with his office and am going elsewhere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Veronica )
She was very timely and answered me back every time I messaged Or called. She never took long to send my results or respond to my questions either, which was nice.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They have a great portal system, which is nice when sending messages and receiving important paperwork/documents. The appointments are easy to schedule and aren’t far out. They do not have sonographers to do ultrasounds, so it’s either the MA or RN which I find odd. I dont Feel comfortable having someone do an ultrasound on me that doesn’t have the necessary training. As a patient, you are paying a lot of money and I think A trained professional should be doing the scans. I also Had an MA as my “nurse” and it was apparent when I had Questions that she could not answer. They also don’t assign nurses, so you never really know who you are supposed to send messages to.
IVF would have cost $13,600 but that’s all I can Remember. I had met my out of pocket max already, so I had Zero copays or out of pocket costs for the initial consult or diagnostic testing, but have zero fertility coverage so that would have been out of pocket.
None since I did Not continue treatment with him.

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Daniel Williams] was very open about results and expectations. He didn’t perform the retrievals nor prelim HSG but performed implantation. He is very pleasant and suggested egg donor from the beginning based on my age and MFI. Definitely was realistic. If I had good results I would recommend him 9/10. In order to see him during my ultrasounds I had to schedule specific days at specific clinics otherwise would have gotten stuck with random nurses...Didn’t respond to injections in stomach so shots switched to arm. 16 days of shots with retrieval in CD18. Medical insurance covered nothing. Very stressful. 600mg CoQ10, 100mg DHEA and prenatal vitamins for 6 wks. Acupuncture for 4 wks. 1st Cycle fertilized 4 of 5 eggs. 2nd cycle fertilized 2 of 11 eggs. Not sure why quality diminished so extensively.
same doctor at multiple location [of Houston Fertility Institute] means you can’t be seen by the doctor during appointments unless you are sure he or she is in that center on your appointment day. Just check and verify. Ask which days transfers are done by your doctor so you don’t get someone else. ask for a dedicated nurse...Too many nurses every time I visited. Wish I had a dedicated nurse...Love Sugarland office as the wait was non-existent for blood work and appointments...Some [nurses] were nicer than others. Equally seemed knowledgeable but wish I was assigned a dedicated nurse.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was very open about results and expectations. He didn’t perform the retrievals nor prelim HSG but performed implantation. He is very pleasant and suggested egg donor from the beginning based on my age and MFI. Definitely was realistic. If I had good results I would recommend him 9/10. In order to see him during my ultrasounds I had to schedule specific days at specific clinics otherwise would have gotten stuck with random nurses.
Ask for him to perform majority of your ultrasounds. Ask for dedicated nurse. Ask lots of questions. Love Sugarland office as the wait was non-existent for blood work and appointments.
Too many nurses every time I visited. Wish I had a dedicated nurse.
I had maximum dosage of GonalF 300iu, Menopur 300ml, cetrotide and birth control for 2wks. Didn’t respond to injections in stomach so shots switched to arm. 16 days of shots with retrieval in CD18. Medical insurance covered nothing. Very stressful. 600mg CoQ10, 100mg DHEA and prenatal vitamins for 6 wks. Acupuncture for 4 wks. 1st Cycle fertilized 4 of 5 eggs. 2nd cycle fertilized 2 of 11 eggs. Not sure why quality diminished so extensively.
Some were nicer than others. Equally seemed knowledgeable but wish I was assigned a dedicated nurse.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
same doctor at multiple location means you can’t be seen by the doctor during appointments unless you are sure he or she is in that center on your appointment day. Just check and verify. Ask which days transfers are done by your doctor so you don’t get someone else. ask for a dedicated nurse.
Although I paid 100% out of pocket for everything including medication the first round was expensive $15k + meds but subsequent rounds I only paid $1050 admin fee + surgery fee + meds which helped make it affordable.
Only 1 7 cell embryo on fresh day 3 transfer. No other choice.

2017 - 2019
he [Dr. Jason Yeh] is willing to take the time to explain and make you feel comfortable...Medicated cycle for egg retrieval, frozen transfer with 1 5-day embryo...He had a conversation with us, explaining the rationale behind transferring one embryo and gave us the option to ask questions. Said we had the ultimate say in the decision but that this was his professional recommendation and we agreed...He was upfront with everything we could expect with the treatment and willing and available to answer questions. He had a great personality, was professional and patient. Seemed invested in our success and us being comfortable with the treatment. We didn't see him at every single appt, but felt comfortable with any of the nurses, staff, other Dr's we interacted with.
Everyone in the office [at HFI] - dr, nurses, staff knew my husband and I when we were there for each appt. Were always willing to work with us on scheduling - convenient hours with working full time, fitting us in last minute for an appt if needed, etc. Dr, nurses and staff seemed invested in the success of our treatment and always made themselves available for questions, concerns, etc...All of the nurses and staff at the Kingwood office were so helpful and kind. They knew my husband and I each time we arrived and were invested in the success of our treatment. I have never been treated so well at a dr office - the nurses and staff made the whole experience great for us.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask questions - he is willing to take the time to explain and make you feel comfortable.
Everyone in the office - dr, nurses, staff knew my husband and I when we were there for each appt. Were always willing to work with us on scheduling - convenient hours with working full time, fitting us in last minute for an appt if needed, etc. Dr, nurses and staff seemed invested in the success of our treatment and always made themselves available for questions, concerns, etc.
Medicated cycle for egg retrieval, frozen transfer with 1 5-day embryo
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: YADIRA CASALDERREY)
She was absolutely amazing and guided us through every step of the process. she made herself available even after hours for any questions or concerns. We love her! All of the nurses and staff at the Kingwood office were so helpful and kind. They knew my husband and I each time we arrived and were invested in the success of our treatment. I have never been treated so well at a dr office - the nurses and staff made the whole experience great for us.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The overall experience at this clinic and the related surgery center were great. Everyone was helpful and willing to make themselves available to answer any questions. Anytime we did have an issue with an appt, financial question, etc, it was quickly resolved. The staff at the clinic was friendly and helpful and we never waited more than 10 minutes for an appt, even though it was always a very busy office. Cannot say enough good things about the way we were treated by everyone we interacted with.
We paid for everything out of pocket for the treatment , procedures and medication. zero insurance coverage until our prenatal coverage kicked in for the monitoring until i graduated to my regular OB. I dont remember the exact amount but it was between $15-$20k for our treatment cycle.

1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr. Steward was very kind and compassionate. He took the time to answer all of my questions no matter how over the top they were. He seemed knowledgeable. During monitoring I didn’t see him very often. He didn’t do my retrieval but did my transfers and followed up with me after negative tests. He worked to adjust treatment and listened when we had our second negative outcome but still didn’t have any clear answers to why we were not successful.
Strengths [at HFI]: the staff is very kind, they have great communication and easy access to numbers. The office tried to stay on time for appointments and got me in and out as quickly as possible during monitoring process. Cons: during consults at times I got the feeling like I was taking too long - But I like to research and ask lots of questions and can go on too long. I felt a little rushed to start treatment. Looking back I should have taken more time to think things through, but was eager to get started and they make apartments right then and there when you are ready. Since things are so cycle dependent it’s easy to get swept up in it all and it moves fast. It can be overwhelming. Also, I didn’t see Dr. Steward often, only during consults and transfers, and once or twice during monitoring if he happened to be available. I had two unsuccessful transfers but still don’t know exactly why.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and take your time in making decisions. Get other opinions just so you feel educated when you decide to start treatment.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strengths: the staff is very kind, they have great communication and easy access to numbers. The office tried to stay on time for appointments and got me in and out as quickly as possible during monitoring process. Cons: during consults at times I got the feeling like I was taking too long - But I like to research and ask lots of questions and can go on too long. I felt a little rushed to start treatment. Looking back I should have taken more time to think things through, but was eager to get started and they make apartments right then and there when you are ready. Since things are so cycle dependent it’s easy to get swept up in it all and it moves fast. It can be overwhelming. Also, I didn’t see Dr. Steward often, only during consults and transfers, and once or twice during monitoring if he happened to be available. I had two unsuccessful transfers but still don’t know exactly why.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute.
6900 dr fees 3000 facility fees $250 anesthesia 3000 meds 3700 2nd transfer 4750 pgs testing
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute.

Dr. Griffith met personally with both my husband and myself. He spoke of the various options available to us and the different factors to consider along our way. He indicated he wanted us to pace ourselves as we fell comfortable and invited us to ask questions. He more thoroughly explained the challenges my husband is facing and we left feeling much more informed than when we came in...We have only consulted with the doctor, however he was very honest about %'s and expectations. He is open minded to our preference to begin with IUI while IVF may be a more effective method he was not at all discouraging.
I love that they [Houston Fertility Institute] use the eIVF site to upload your DL, Insurance, and history. You're able to see all of your results, real time online. They have someone available to answer questions all day. It doesn't feel like other offices that put you on hold for a life time or are quick to pass you off. You never feel like a burden...[nurses are] Warm, welcoming and attentive. We even called back with a ton of questions which they patiently answered.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
If it pops into your head, ask. He qill put all your questions at ease.
We have not started cycles. I previously did clomid and estrogen with my last doctor. My husband has provided 2 samples 3 yrs ago. Dr. Griffith has obtained all of my testing and imagining as qell as those samples, he has requested an additional sample and I am to return for my sono and blood work at the beginning of my next cycle. From there we will discuss the steps my husband and I are most comfortable with.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I love that they use the eIVF site to upload your DL, Insurance, and history. You're able to see all of your results, real time online. They have someone available to answer questions all day. It doesn't feel like other offices that put you on hold for a life time or are quick to pass you off. You never feel like a burden.
Our testing and diagnostic treatments are covered by insurance. However noncovered other costs would not exceed about 600. I believe IUI was just over $1000 for a round. However, IVF is much more expensive but we were told that if the first transfer doesn't take, the will not charge for the next transfer.
I believe the Dr will only transfer one embryo at a time. While I respect that this is for the safety and success of the embryo, and I know if unsuccessful the next transfer is not at cost, I have a difficult time qith

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Other
He [Dr. Jason Yeh] was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe...He explained to me that it is better to just implant a single embryo instead of multiple. He will test the embryos to see which ones are more likely to implant. I trust his approach and know he has my health in mind with this course of treatment.
[Houston Fertility Institite] has multiple locations...They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing...Yadira [nurse] was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr.Yeh was very compassionate when addressing all my concerns. He took as much time as I needed to feel comfortable about my treatment plan. He also called himself throughout the process to check on me to see how I was feeling. I haven’t had a doctor call to check on me before and it made me feel like he cares about his patients. I was impressed with how through the treatment was and I would recommend him to anyone.
Be on time and allow yourself extra time to talk to the doctor. He will give you as much time as you need to address all questions and concerns.
I took Gonal-f and menopur for 10 days. On day 5 I had to add Centritide to prevent ovulation. I responded very well to the medication. I went 3 days a week to get blood work and a follicle ultrasound to make sure everything was growing the was he wanted it to. I triggered with Lupron and Novarel on day 11 and proceeded with me egg retrieval on day 13. He was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe. I am looking forward to the transfer as soon as the OHSS symptoms go away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira Casalderrey)
Yadira was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic has multiple locations I live 1.5 hours away from the closest clinic. With having so many locations it made it easy to find the closest one. They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing.
My total costs that included all tests, appointments, egg retrieval, freezing embryos and embryo transfer were $11,430. This was after their military discount which it made it even better that they recognize the military.

2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Witz] is open & available- often calling me on off hours & using his cell phone. We had a tough road and he never oversold with lofty expectations. He knows the research & was able to present us with facts and honest medical advice for us to make the most informed decision we could....We did a low dose protocol with omnitrope. I overly respond to stimulation but my eggs are not strong so we went with low dose and omnitrope to attempt to boost the egg strength.
Great clinic [Houston Fertility Institute]- clean, free parking, easy to get to. Busy! If you make an appointment at peak times you might be waiting for awhile- seems like they overbook Patient’s. Top notch phlebotomists! These ladies are amazing!! Know your name, ask how you’re doing, never leave you sore or bruised.... My nurse did not call in a specific injection I needed and I had to catch it as I was going through the list with the pharmacy over the phone.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is open & available- often calling me on off hours & using his cell phone. We had a tough road and he never oversold with lofty expectations. He knows the research & was able to present us with facts and honest medical advice for us to make the most informed decision we could.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Reach out to him directly if you ever need to! He will respond & you’ll get good information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He knows my son (the he helped us have with our 2nd round of ivf), asks about him, knows our lives (work) and personalities. He can be candid and honest with his feedback taking into account all those factors.
Describe the protocols Craig Witz used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We did a low dose protocol with omnitrope. I overly respond to stimulation but my eggs are not strong so we went with low dose and omnitrope to attempt to boost the egg strength. Dr. Witz has only ever done single embryo transfers with rationale of it being a better environment for the fetus and better for the mom’s overall health.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Marquez)
Our primary nurse was a bit low key with our fertility treatments following having our first through IVF. I’m not sure if it’s because we’ve been there for a long time now but she will sometimes just assume I know things. I have to sometimes call to make sure I’m taking the right dose or that I get the right meds before I need them, etc.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great clinic- clean, free parking, easy to get to. Busy! If you make an appointment at peak times you might be waiting for awhile- seems like they overbook Patient’s. Top notch phlebotomists! These ladies are amazing!! Know your name, ask how you’re doing, never leave you sore or bruised. Can’t say enough!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.
My first round was all cash pay- all in probably $35-40. Next rounds have been partially covered- all in $15-20
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.

I really like how nice is Dr. Hoff. I am not sure the treatment always makes a lot of sense.. but maybe it is too early to tell. As a researcher, I tend to read many peer-review articles about fertility so sometimes I have hard time understanding some of the decision Dr. Hoff makes....Last cycle we decided to use drugs to enhance the size of the eggs... my body did totally the opposite but Dr. Hoff still went ahead with IUI (even though my follicles were really small). In this current cycle, we are not using any drugs to get a sense of what my baseline is but we are dealing with a cyst
They have a financial advisor that does not provide the correct information and it is really frustrating when I am told a procedure is 100% covered by my insurance but when I arrive to the clinic I have to pay 2000$ out of pocket... They have a lot of locations, doctors, and nurses so it is very convenient. However, that also means that you are likely not seeing your doctor often. That being said, it varies a lot from one doctor to the other. Overall, I think the institute is doing a great job even though the process is frustrating.
How was your experience with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Make sure to ask for all the potential negative effects of using a drug or a specific treatment.
She is very warm but I feel like I talk more with the nurses than with my doctor which makes me feel a little bit like I am just a number.
Last cycle we decided to use drugs to enhance the size of the eggs... my body did totally the opposite but Dr. Hoff still went ahead with IUI (even though my follicles were really small). In this current cycle, we are not using any drugs to get a sense of what my baseline is but we are dealing with a cyst likely due to the drug we used in the first cycle... so it is a little frustrating at the moment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Judy Campos)
The nursing staff is wonderful. I really like my fertility clinic thanks to them.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They have a lot of locations, doctors, and nurses so it is very convenient. However, that also means that you are likely not seeing your doctor often. That being said, it varies a lot from one doctor to the other. Overall, I think the institute is doing a great job even though the process is frustrating. I am very happy overall. The only things that bother me is that they are not always straight forward with the reasons of doing one thing or the other.
a Natural IUI cycle is 1400$, a drug-assisted IUI cycle is 1700$. None of these prices include drugs. I also had various procedure done at the clinic (dye and so on) which costs around 2000$.
Heather Hoff
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Kim has done a good job explaining treatment plans and answering all my questions...I've never felt uncomfortable in his care. He does split his time between the Katy and Sugarland clinics so I have not seen him at every appointment but this has not been an issue in my case. He was very compassionate when I experienced my chemical pregnancy...My first IUI utilized Clomid...The second IUI utilized Clomid (50 mg over 5 days) and Gonal injections (3 days of 75 iu).
Initially I was seeing Dr. Kim at the Katy clinic [of Houston Fertility Institute] but realized that the Sugarland clinic would be more convenient since it was closer to my work. Switching to a different office was no issue and my data transferred easily between offices. Downside to the clinic being so large is that when you do your insemination, you go to the main surgical center. This means that you are inseminated by a doctor you've never met before. This could be disconcerting for some patients.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim does a good job explaining procedures and the risks behind them. I've never felt uncomfortable in his care. He does split his time between the Katy and Sugarland clinics so I have not seen him at every appointment but this has not been an issue in my case. He was very compassionate when I experienced my chemical pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Feel free to ask lots of questions. Dr. Kim will answer to the best of his ability and you won't feel rushed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kim used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
My first IUI utilized Clomid (100mg over 5 days). I only had one follicle develop and did not have a successful outcome utilizing donor sperm. Post IUI I took 1 progesterone suppository per day. The second IUI utilized Clomid (50 mg over 5 days) and Gonal injections (3 days of 75 iu). This generated two mature follicles and a 3rd that also had a chance of developing in time for my IUI. I took 1 progesterone suppository per day until I had HCG testing on Day 13 post IUI when progesterone was increased to 2 suppositories per day. I experience a chemical pregnancy on this try.
The nursing staff is very cordial and responsive to questions. They seem organized and also follow up on my blood work with a call to explain the results and also send me a message via my patient portal. I find the two modes of communication helpful.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The nice thing about HFI is that they have a large network of practices around the Houston Area. Initially I was seeing Dr. Kim at the Katy clinic but realized that the Sugarland clinic would be more convenient since it was closer to my work. Switching to a different office was no issue and my data transferred easily between offices. Downside to the clinic being so large is that when you do your insemination, you go to the main surgical center. This means that you are inseminated by a doctor you've never met before. This could be disconcerting for some patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute.
Oral Medication IUI -$1700 Combo Oral Medication + Injectable Medication IUI - $2200 $50 sperm storage fee from HFI $950 donor sperm per vial $285 donor sperm shipping $295 Cost of prescription medications
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute.

Dr nurudeen is always positive and really explains what is going on with my body. After meeting with her my husband and I always feel optimistic and reassured. From the very beginning we felt we could trust her and her recommendation for treatment... Lupron 40 ml, gonal F 300, menopur 300. Injections were given in my lower abdomen and found that my follicles were not responding as well as originally thought. Switched injections to the arm and at the next ultrasound they were growing better. Retrieved 6 eggs, 4 fertilized, 3 embryos, 2 arrested, 1 blastocyst.
The clinic has multiple locations that are very convenient. Flexible schedule. Hfi assurance program is the incentive that led me to go with this clinic. Since my first cycle failed I am relieved of some of the fees that I paid for during my first cycle. Overall, I would recommend this clinic to those struggling with infertility.... She was very compassionate, thought outside of the box and always answered my questions to her full understanding. Made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Advice I would give to a prospective patient is to come prepared with your questions as she will answer them without making you feel inadequate.
Communication between nursing staff. I had to request prolactin test and results were elevated. Dr prescribed medication. I feel I should not have to think of tests to run it adds to my stress level throughout the process.
I have completed one round of ivf. The first round included the following medications: Lupron 40 ml, gonal F 300, menopur 300. Injections were given in my lower abdomen and found that my follicles were not responding as well as originally thought. Switched injections to the arm and at the next ultrasound they were growing better. Retrieved 6 eggs, 4 fertilized, 3 embryos, 2 arrested, 1 blastocyst. Pgs tested abnormal. I am on my 2nd round, long protocol. Estrogen priming with Estrace and Aygestin and androgel. After priming phase will start certotide, gonal f 300, menopur 300, and omnitrope. I have also been taking a supplement. L Arginine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kristie Shaw )

2015 - 2019
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
The thing both my spouse and I liked about Dr. Witz was that he asked a lot of questions and we really felt he knew us. He was there for every visit and any procedure we needed to do. He explained things and when I didn't quite understand took the time to explain it a bit differently. We always felt that he took the time needed in order to get our questions answered.
One thing I really loved about the clinic [Hou Fert Inst] in general was that they knew our insurance wasn't going to cover IVF however, any other procedures we had to have done they always made sure it was done somewhere our insurance would cover...The only nurse we interacted with was Morgan and she was phenomenal! She was extremely positive throughout the entire process, always made sure to ask if there were any other questions and was very patient.
2015 - 2019
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Always be ready with your questions. Knowing that we had to pay full price (our insurance didn't cover our IVF) we did our research and had a list of questions for every visit which helped it go faster. He also has a good sense of humor; so, if you want someone more serious; he is not however, that was our favorite thing about him!
Both the office and Dr. Witz were very patient with us. They were never pushy on any of the treatment, educated us on the options we had and left it up to us to make the choices. Receiving a positive pregnancy test was extremely exciting and both Dr. Witz and our Nurse Meghan celebrated with us and when we found out we were going to miscarry; they gave us time in the room and even though it's been 2 years; have never rushed us for our 2nd transfer.
After testing in 2015; we found out we would only be able to conceive via IVF and started on meds right away once we were ready. We started with Follistim 150 units, Dial pen to 150 & Menopur 150 IU, Take 2 vials as directed for 3 days then went back for bloodwork. After every blood draw; they would adjust my medication. After that I took, Follistim 225 units, Dial pen to 225 and Menopur 150 IU, Take 2 vials as directed. Then Cetrotide 0.25 mg was added. We had the egg retrieval and did a fresh transfer soon after that where I was prescribed o Estrace 2 mg, Take one by mouth to dissolve under your tongue THREE times per day; Prometrium 200mg mg/dl, oral 3x/day, Endometrin 100 mg/dl, Pleace two vaginally with applicator twice daily, Progesterone in Sesame Oil 50 mg/ml, give 50mg (1cc) IM each day (check to see if mixture is 100mg/1cc or 50mg/1cc) and was also adjusted as needed depending on my bloodwork. Once they did the BETA test and it was positive meds were adjusted depending on my blookwork as well. On our 6 week visit; was when the baby's heartbeat completely slowed down and BETA levels started to stall which was when we had a conversation with Dr. Witz and said we were going to just stop all of the meds and gave us the option to have a DND or have it happen naturally. I went with naturally which happened 2 weeks later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Bolten)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One thing I really loved about the clinic in general was that they knew our insurance wasn't going to cover IVF however, any other procedures we had to have done they always made sure it was done somewhere our insurance would cover and our doctor was always willing to travel to that clinic to be there. The only thing I didn't like was that we had to pay for the entire IVF upfront vs a payment plan but understand that this may happen at any clinic.
Total: 12, 950 (without meds) Physician Fee: $6, 900 Lab & Facility Fees: $3,000 Anesthesia Fee: $250 IVF Meds: about $2, 500
Describe Craig Witz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I have none as we were on the same page with transferring 2.

Endometriosis, Other
He [Dr. Jonathan Kim] personally called me when I called and asked the nurse a question. He told me no question was silly and if I have any concerns or questions to please call him...I do wish I saw him more at each appointment, but I was glad to be able to hear directly from him if we wanted after the appointment...he is really nice, honest, straightforward, smart, and will explain thing fairly detailed...I started bleeding after appointment later dr Kim called and said Hcg more then doubled progesterone had raised, but was still very low(3). He was now very concerned that it was ectopic. He had me come in a day or two later.
I think [Houston Fertility Institite is] clean, professional, accommodating and I believe they care. I trust the doctors and their knowledge to help families! I had one major issue with them in regards to insurance, the doctor and facility was covered, but the lab for the embryologist was not and that was a surprise bill of almost 8k. That was not told to me and unexpected. I wish they didn’t charge so much as many other places (not in Houston area) are more cost effective. With that being said I do believe they are good at what they do, helping families have children.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
I liked that he didn’t shy away from the realistic outcomes (sch, heartbeat being low, miscarriage) he was honest and up front about about sch and that it could be normal but it did increase miscarriage chance slightly. I saw another doctor there for an ultrasound that we found the heartbeat to be lower then the last ultrasound and I felt he skirted the obvious concern until asked several times and still wasn’t completely open. When dr Kim called he said the chances at miscarriage at that point was 85% but that it could be from the trauma of the sch. Of course I hate hearing bad news but I would rather not be blindsided and have a realistic expectation. I do wish I saw him more at each appointment, but I was glad to be able to hear directly from him if we wanted after the appointment.
That he is really nice, honest, straightforward, smart, and will explain thing fairly detailed. You won’t see him every time since he is at different locations.
He personally called me when I called and asked the nurse a question. He told me no question was silly and if I have any concerns or questions to please call him.
We did blood work first as I came in for baseline at cycle day 3. I was put on birth control To do a Hysteroscopy. Before I started B/C I took a pregnancy test. It was slightly positive. (Which was weird since I had a pretty normal period) I looked at blood work from a few days prior and hcg was very low and “not pregnant” I called and told them, doctor called and said it was likely a chemical since progesterone was less then one, but he had me come kind roe blood work. Hcg did not double and progesterone was still very low, less then 1. He called and updated me again saying it would be ectopic again. He had me come in 4days later. I started bleeding after appointment later dr Kim called and said Hcg more then doubled progesterone had raised, but was still very low(3). He was now very concerned that it was ectopic. He had me come in a day or two later. I was having pain and had fluid in my abdomen at the ultrasound. He then scheduled a laparoscopy due to likely ectopic and rupture. He went in and took his time he saw no rupture, my remaining tube was fine, but did remove blood from abdomen, he followed that with a d&c so that he could confirm if the pregnancy was in the uterus or if I needed the methotrexate to keep tube safe. He had me in a couple days later and hcg did not drop like he had hoped after d&c so it was confirmed ectopic and was proscribed methotrexate. Becasue of yet another loss(3), second confirmed ectopic, and one tube he concluded that there was likely a tubal functionality issue (nothing physically wrong with remaining tube and it was not blocked he looked at the hsg I had done with OBGYN previously) we did the eggretrival first before the Hysteroscopy. We were on gonal f(150), menopur(75), centrotide, and luprolide(sp?) . He did change is up a bit towards the end increasing menopure and lowering gonal. He also added a day or two. I had to order more menopure and centrotide. We were seeing about 20-24 sizable follicles on ultrasound. Egg retrieval resulted in 15 eggs, 15 mature, 7 made it blast and 5 pgs tested normal embryos. Hysteroscopy found a few small Polups they were removed, but everything else looked good. We had to wait a bit financially before transfer. I was on estrodiol 2mg tablets orally 3 times a day. The lining was not progressing as much as he wanted so he switched me to vaginaly 3 times a day. Started 2ml pio injections. I got a positive hpt at 5dp5dt. Blood test was at 9dp hcg was more then doubling on schedule. First ultrasound confirmed it was in the uterus, I started bleeding red blood 6w4days they had me come in the next day. Heartbeat was 91(a little low) and we were measuring a couple day behind and he saw a hematoma twice the size of the gestational sack. He told us it could be normal as 20% of IVF patients get them. He said once we see a heartbeat miscarriage drops to 5%, but the miscarriage rate raises to 15%. He said we just need to keep an eye on it and he increased my progesterone to 3ml for three days. He did let me know that I may pass a clot. At 7w3d I started bleeding red blood and a rather large clot. They had me come in the next day this is wen we saw a different doc and heartbeat dropped to 75 and size wise it was only 6w3days. We asked dr Kim to call us and he said they it was not a good sign that likelyhood at this point of miscarriage was 85% but that it could be a trauma from the hematoma maybe why it dropped. Two days later there was no heartbeat. I was given the choice of d&c or meds to start contractions. I chose the medicine in hopes of seeing the baby. I was warned of the “pain” side effects from meds vs d&c process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: There were three I spoke to often and received messages from on the portal. (Joy, Patrica, Connie))
The only issues I had was: 1) I loved joy, although at times (More so on the phone) it was harder to understand. 2) I believe Patrica switched the dosage of my gonal f and menopure when putting the prescription in the portal, therefor the wrong dosage was ordered. I was assured it would be ok and that the would start with that and change it if they needed to. I did end up needing to order extra menopur and had extra gonal f, but I think the results from egg retrieval went well, although I don’t know what the other outcome would have been. I think they are all great and really sweet and kind.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I think it’s clean, professional, accommodating and I believe they care. I trust the doctors and their knowledge to help families! I had one major issue with them in regards to insurance, the doctor and facility was covered, but the lab for the embryologist was not and that was a surprise bill of almost 8k. That was not told to me and unexpected. I wish they didn’t charge so much as many other places (not in Houston area) are more cost effective. With that being said I do believe they are good at what they do, helping families have children.
Cash price 6900 for physician, Lab 3000 Facility 2800 Anesthesiologists 250 Meds 4000-7000 Additional FET Doctor 1750 Lab 725 Facility 1400 Meds 300-1000
Describe Jonathan Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I believe he mentioned and suggested 1 embryo and that one healthy baby, mother, pregnancy and birth was the goal. Although, I never had an doubt that I wanted to only transfer 1. Now I might consider using two, but unlikely.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
She [Dr. Nurudeen] was hopeful and aggressive with pretreatment. I actually really loved working with her...I especially felt comfortable with her because she is Black and I just did not see many black women REs around. She was understanding and extremely encouraging. She is thorough as well...[Eset Approach] It was more of a “we will see when we get there” but she did prefer single transfer
I did not like the operations of that particular office [HFI - Mem Hermann]. They were nice but inattentive to a lot of important things...the office and in the group, they have a central number so it’s hard to know who you will reach at what facility or who is taking care of what....They also at one point forgot to add an Amh to my blood work and I had to go back in and draw. That made me very upset.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She is a great doctor for me. I especially felt comfortable with her because she is Black and I just did not see many black women REs around. She was understanding and extremely encouraging. She is thorough as well.
Go see her. She is really good. It be diligent with the staff I. The office and in the group, they have a central number so it’s hard to know who you will reach at what facility or who is taking care of what.
She was hopeful and aggressive with pretreatment. I actually really loved working with her. But I did not like the operations of that particular office. They were nice but inattentive to a lot of important things.
The thing that changed for me when I saw her as opposed to my first doctor was not only was I on metformin and vite for my metabolic disorder, but she added ancillary treatment such as acupuncture, dhea, and other prenatal elements to help with follicle development
I never knew who I would be talking to. There was not one set coordinator to discuss everything thing with. I would have been good having two coordinators, but it seemed like there was often some one different who I had to review things with. They also at one point forgot to add an Amh to my blood work and I had to go back in and draw. That made me very upset.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They, like a lot of other American clinics don’t give you the cost up front. It seem like they wait ( in my case) until you have the follicle count that you need to get you excited about it all then talk about cost. It’s like they know you will do anything to start. Not consider that this could be the very thing that halts the process. Talk money by the end of the consultation week. Because if your insurance doesn’t cover it or you’re not loaded in dough, it’s gonna cause a lot of problems.
My insurance took care of diagnostic things but I had to meet the deductible. I really don’t remember what I paid to see her, but they do give military /vet discount. The co pay was horrible. 35 every visit and if you talked to the doctors over the phone it was 50.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute.

I had already been diagnosed with PCOS by a previous Fertility doctor, but did not get to start treatment because we moved...She [Dr. Bello] bluntly told us we would be pregnant by the end of the year after she had reviewed my tests and encouraged IUI with injections. When the treatment did not work and I had questions, she just said it was unexplained and very blunt. She didn’t seem like she cared about anything but doing IVF next. I knew I did not feel comfortable continuing treatment with her because she didn’t like to explain much.
The staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] were very friendly and helpful. They were the only good part about the clinic. I only saw two other doctors for ultrasounds and my IUI transfer. They were kind and helpful, more friendly than my actual doctor I picked...We did IUI with injections and progesterone suppositories...They [the nurses] were very kind during office visits and when I called or messaged with questions.
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
She did not seem very empathetic to me as a patient who was new to the treatment procedures. I did not like her way of communicating. She made it seem like it was a open shut case and when it didn’t work she just wanted to try more expensive treatments. She didn’t seem to like all my questions. But if I’m paying money that is from our savings, I want to know you have an understanding of my case and care to help me the most affordable way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Find a doctor who loves their job because of the patients and not the income.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
This was my first time trying treatment. I had already been diagnosed with PCOS by a previous Fertility doctor, but did not get to start treatment because we moved. I was nervous and excited. She bluntly told us we would be pregnant by the end of the year after she had reviewed my tests and encouraged IUI with injections. When the treatment did not work and I had questions, she just said it was unexplained and very blunt. She didn’t seem like she cared about anything but doing IVF next. I knew I did not feel comfortable continuing treatment with her because she didn’t like to explain much.
Describe the protocols Sandra Bello used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We did IUI with injections and progesterone suppositories.
They were very kind during office visits and when I called or messaged with questions.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. They were the only good part about the clinic. I only saw two other doctors for ultrasounds and my IUI transfer. They were kind and helpful, more friendly than my actual doctor I picked.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute.
I think $3000 for treatment but that didn’t include my hysteroscopy procedure and medications.
Describe Sandra Bello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
She suggested single embryos transfer but would do double if the patient wanted it.
Sandra Bello
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr Griffith took the time to get to know us and made sure we were always comfortable with whatever he was recommending. I have never seen a doctor (and very few human beings) with more compassion than he showed to us. He is truly an amazing doctor and person. I couldn't recommend him enough!!... For egg retrieval #1 he did more of a "typical" protocol with Menopur and Gonal-f. This resulted in 4 eggs and 2 embryos. Both were abnormal. For egg retrieval #2 we did Androgen priming and higher dosages of meds plus we added in an HGH and Micro-dose Lupron.
All of the support team at HFI is amazing!...They are so compassionate and caring. They truly want to see every patient succeed. Anytime I needed an appointment, I was able to get one quickly. They never made me feel silly for the millions of questions we asked!... First cycle was around $20,000. Each cycle after was around $6-7,000 and transfers were $4,500... Dr Griffith was always very personable and took an interest in getting to know us.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be honest with him and don't be afraid to ask questions. He will never make you feel as though he doesn't have the time to answer, and is happy to explain things in as much detail as you need.
Dr Griffith was always very personable and took an interest in getting to know us. When he had to deliver bad news to us, I truly felt that he was also personally affected by the news and he truly cared about us.
For egg retrieval #1 he did more of a "typical" protocol with Menopur and Gonal-f. This resulted in 4 eggs and 2 embryos. Both were abnormal. For egg retrieval #2 we did Androgen priming and higher dosages of meds plus we added in an HGH and Micro-dose Lupron. This round resulted in 7 eggs which made 2 embryos and both were abnormal. For round 3 we did Androgen priming and then only did Menopur. This was our most successful cycle with 5 eggs and 4 embryos. I am now 33 weeks pregnant with one of those (and a mosaic embryo from round 2)!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Fernandez )
All of the support team at HFI is amazing!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
He really took this on a case by case basis, which I appreciated. I never felt that he had a strong opinion one way or another... It really depended on the situation.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Yeh has a warm bedside manner. He was able to listen to all of our concerns and answer all of our questions. ... He is extremely knowledgeable and up to date on all new procedures and protocols. ... After each setback, we had a meeting to discuss the results and any changes for future transfers. ... Dr Yeh is very involved with his patients, even doing all the ultrasounds when he is in the office instead of deferring to a nurse.
Warm environment. There is very rarely a wait as your appointment is on time. Since you have so many appointments, HFi makes sure you are in and out in a timely manner. Everyone from the receptionist to the phlebotomist is kind and compassionate. ... Yadira and Whitney cried with me and celebrated with me. ... Dream team of nurses and care at HFI Kingwood.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Yeh is an amazing doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and up to date on all new procedures and protocols. My fourth transfer was successful with the birth of my son. After each setback, we had a meeting to discuss the results and any changes for future transfers. I always felt supported in these decisions. Dr Yeh is very involved with his patients, even doing all the ultrasounds when he is in the office instead of deferring to a nurse. This kept the communication ongoing especially when Dr Google consumes your thoughts. I would highly recommend him and will use him again to give try to give our son a sibling.
My advice is to always ask questions. Infertility sends you down an internet rabbit hole looking for answers, Dr Yeh is able to give advice based on solid medical research and success.
Dr Yeh has a warm bedside manner. He was able to listen to all of our concerns and answer all of our questions. I always felt the goal was to get me pregnant and have a successful pregnancy.
After initial bloodwork and saline ultrasound, started 150mg Menapor and 150mg Follistim for 13 days. Day 14 had 32 eggs retrieved, 10 PGS tested and 9 Day 6 frozen. Frozen ALL cycle. The cycle that was successful had me on 4 estrogen pills per day, 3-4 patches of estrogen, 150mg progesterone, baby aspirin, Lovenox starting after transfer and Prednisone for 5 days starting before transfer. Transferred 2 day 5 PGS embryos ending up with one live birth of our son!
Yadira and Whitney cried with me and celebrated with me. I truly felt they cared about our treatment and the goal of having a baby. Dream team of nurses and care at HFI Kingwood.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
IVF freeze all was $6000; FET was $2500; Piney Point Surgery Center was about $2100 for FET. All medications went through insurance or paid out of pocket.
One embryo to transfer was always the recommended protocol except after two failed transfers, we were allowed to transfer two embryos. My fourth transfer of two embryos was a success.
+ Read more- Read less

Due to a low hormone/egg reserve, and hyseroscopy, the best route was to pursue IVF [with Dr. Craig Witz]. I feel that the treatment was pretty routine, but the dosages adjusted to fit me personally. We did genetic testing so that we knew what the best embryo option was for us. Things proceeded as normal through the transfer process. We did have success becoming pregnant. However, at week 5, I experienced bleeding. I was fortunate to see Dr. Witz that day, and my hormones were adjusted immediately. I was seen weekly at that point. Unfortunately around week 7-ish, we experienced loss of the pregnancy.
I feel that the clinic [Houston Fertility Institute-Webster] is a welcoming and friendly place. I also feel that they are super efficient in seeing patients timely. I also feel that sometimes the efficientness can be perceived as a weakness, not allowing time to for the patient to ask all questions to feel 100% comfortable. However, anytime I needed any extra attention, I do feel that I was given the time needed.... We did receive a military discount, from my husband's time in the army, so that helped a little. With meds, proceedures, genetic testing, storing of embryos for a year, and everything else, we were close to $23,000, for one cycle, one transfer.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Witz is very knowledgeable, with a fantastic bed side manor. He gives accurate information with compassion for the patients feelings and needs. Visits with Dr. Witz were always pleasant. When dealing with sensitive or unfortunate news, he delivered the news in a professional and kind manor, explaining all the details, options, and shared sadness over the news.
Be patient, the process can be a long one. Worthwhile, but long.
Dr. Witz is wonderful, he has a fantastic bedside manor that makes you feel like a friend versus a patient. He gives information very matter of fact, but also gives information with compassion.
Due to a low hormone/egg reserve, and hyseroscopy, the best route was to pursue IVF. I feel that the treatment was pretty routine, but the dosages adjusted to fit me personally. We did genetic testing so that we knew what the best embryo option was for us. Things proceeded as normal through the transfer process. We did have success becoming pregnant. However, at week 5, I experienced bleeding. I was fortunate to see Dr. Witz that day, and my hormones were adjusted immediately. I was seen weekly at that point. Unfortunately around week 7-ish, we experienced loss of the pregnancy.
I enjoyed the nursing staff at the clinic. The phlebotomist was wonderful! Almost never hurt when drawing blood. She is also super compassionate and friendly! I didn't always get the warm and fuzzy feeling from all the nurses, but I do feel like they cared about me as a person, not a patient, and they were always super helpful and prompt in responses.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I feel that the clinic is a welcoming and friendly place. I also feel that they are super efficient in seeing patients timely. I also feel that sometimes the efficientness can be perceived as a weakness, not allowing time to for the patient to ask all questions to feel 100% comfortable. However, anytime I needed any extra attention, I do feel that I was given the time needed.
For us, the costs seemed high, especially having no idea of what the costs were before the process. We did receive a military discount, from my husband's time in the army, so that helped a little. With meds, proceedures, genetic testing, storing of embryos for a year, and everything else, we were close to $23,000, for one cycle, one transfer.
Dr. Witz gave us all the statistics and success rates of single transfer versus transferring two embryos. That information along with genetic testing led us to elect to transfer one embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Yeh has been informative and helpful. He lays out pros and cons of decisions and isn't pushy if you want to choose something other than suggested. He really listens unlike other doctors. He is quite busy so sometimes getting a time to meet can be a little difficult. ... Dr. Yeh has been open about expectations and available as needed throughout our IVF cycle. He is very personable ...
Monitoring appointments always went quickly and smoothly. They were very convenient. ... IVF Cycle: $13,600 excluding medication. Medication could run from $4,000-$7,000. ... They [Houstin Fertility Institute] provided early morning bloodwork/ultrasounds so I could still make it to work on time. It's a very nice and cozy facility. ... Yadira and Whitney [nurses] have always been quick to respond to any questions we had.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Don't be afraid to ask any questions and state your expectations. Dr. Yeh is very understanding.
Dr. Yeh has been open about expectations and available as needed throughout our IVF cycle. He is very personable.
I was on a mostly menopur protocol because of my age and response to the medication. I had 10 days of 5 vials of menopur and the 11th day 3 vials. Started cetrotide on day 6 to day 10. Did a Lupron trigger on the 11th day and again 12 hours later. Started a zpack on day 11. Egg retrieval was on day 13. We had 25 eggs retrieved, of which, 21 were mature. 19 Fertilized. 17 made it to day 5 or 6 for freeze. I started progesterone in oil shots, estradiol tablets, and patches before the frozen embryo transfer. We transferred 2 embryos. I am currently 5 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira and Whitney )
Yadira and Whitney have always been quick to respond to any questions we had. They gave us their direct extension and they always answered quickly as well as through email. They both are very caring and I wouldn't have wanted any other nurses on our team.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
This clinic was very close to my home. They provided early morning bloodwork/ultrasounds so I could still make it to work on time. It's a very nice and cozy facility. Only thing negative i can think to say about it is the lack of cell service.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Yeh preferred to transfer one embryo because of my age and embryo quality/quantity. We had a meeting to go over the risks of transferring 2 embryos and to sign a deviation consent form.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr.Witz is very straight forward, laid back, and has an excellent bedside manner. He is honest and doesn’t sugar coat anything. He is a great doctor, and had a very warm friendly personality. He answers your questions and does not waste your time allowing you to worry about irrelevant factors. He is highly experienced and very confident in his course of treatment for you... He can sometimes be very booked and will breeze through the appointment- if you write your questions down than you can have them answered even if he seems to be rushing.
During last cycle my nurse [from Houson Fertility Institute] did not make it clear when I should stop taking certain colored pills from my birth control pack. I continued taking them for about five days too long and it overlapped with my progesterone and estradiol. This delayed my cycle about two weeks because I had to reset and stop taking birth control...All the nurses are helpful and make you feel comfortable especially during vagina ultrasounds. Great clinic.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Write down your questions beforehand and bring them with you so you don’t forget to ask him everything. He can sometimes be very booked and will breeze through the appointment- if you write your questions down than you can have them answered even if he seems to be rushing.
Office visits were more brief than I would have preferred. Dr. Witz is very nice and personable but I wish he would chat with us more at each visit. We sometimes felt he was rushing to the next patient.
Dr Witz uses Labetalol to help me manage my blood pressure and keep it stable for transfer. He does not promote supplements at all, just healthy diet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Cecelia)
Cecelia is very sweet and easy to talk to. She got a few my protocol dates and medication dosages wrong during my last cycle which delayed everything a few weeks. She also referred to my frozen embryos as “fair” grade and questioned why I didn’t get pregnant at my last cycle because of not having my embryos tested. She is overall a good nurse, just doesn’t communicate well at times. It is not at all that she doesn’t care- maybe she just gets busy with a large patient number.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Clinic is beautiful, clean, modern, and very relaxing/inviting. They do not over book appointments so there’s never more than just a few people in the waiting room. All staff members are very sweet. The staff in the busin as office have gone above and beyond to help us with financial concerns and paperwork. All the nurses are helpful and make you feel comfortable especially during vagina ultrasounds. Great clinic.
$1800 doctors fee. $1500 laboratory fee. Embryo cryopreservation yearly fee of $500.
+ Read more- Read less

My protocol for egg retrieval [with Dr. Steward] included Gonal-F 225 IU, Menopur 150 IU, and Cetrotide 0.25 mg. My trigger shot was Ovidrel. The protocol produced 14 eggs, 9 mature. We did PGS testing, which resulted in 3 normal embryos. For the first FET, we used estrogen tablets, Minivelle patches, and progesterone in oil shots, which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. For the second FET, Dr. Steward revised the protocol to have the PIO shots in the morning (instead of the evening) and a daily baby aspirin. The protocol resulted in a pregnancy with surprise identical twins. The pregnancy ended at 8.5 weeks in miscarriage.
Strengths of the clinic [HFI- Woodlands] include the experience of the doctors, variety of doctors and staff, level of expertise, and high success rates. In addition, they value their patients as humans and are encouraging. One weakness was that there were sometimes long waits to be seen for appointments. I found that scheduling appointments right away in the morning (eg., 8 am) resulted in less wait time than later day appointments (11 am).
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Steward is caring and compassionate, but also honest and open. He has been very optimistic with respect to the likelihood of success with treatment. However, he provided statistics and risks, and made adjustments based on data. Dr. Steward called personally following a negative pregnancy test to check on me, and was very comforting during a miscarriage. I would recommend him to anyone because even through very difficult times, he made us feel comfortable and hopeful.
Do not be afraid to ask questions or call outside of office hours.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Steward is caring and compassionate. I truly believe he is as hopeful as his clients that treatment will be successful.
Describe the protocols Ryan Steward used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
My protocol for egg retrieval included Gonal-F 225 IU, Menopur 150 IU, and Cetrotide 0.25 mg. My trigger shot was Ovidrel. The protocol produced 14 eggs, 9 mature. We did PGS testing, which resulted in 3 normal embryos. For the first FET, we used estrogen tablets, Minivelle patches, and progesterone in oil shots, which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. For the second FET, Dr. Steward revised the protocol to have the PIO shots in the morning (instead of the evening) and a daily baby aspirin. The protocol resulted in a pregnancy with surprise identical twins. The pregnancy ended at 8.5 weeks in miscarriage.
The first nurse I had was brand new and required a lot of prompting and support from the other staff. However, they were all compassionate and caring overall. Additionally, I always received a message in my portal and a phone call (if protocols changed).
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strengths of the clinic include the experience of the doctors, variety of doctors and staff, level of expertise, and high success rates. In addition, they value their patients as humans and are encouraging. One weakness was that there were sometimes long waits to be seen for appointments. I found that scheduling appointments right away in the morning (eg., 8 am) resulted in less wait time than later day appointments (11 am).
Monitoring appointments were always conducted in the mornings, which worked well with my work schedule. Unfortunately, the pregnancy ultrasound appointments were also in the mornings which did not fit my husband's schedule.
Egg retrieval and first FET: $13,000 Medication for egg retrieval: $5,000 PGS testing: $5000 Additional FETs: $5,000 plus medications
Describe Ryan Steward's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
We were encouraged to do eSET, but the ultimate decision was ours. We scheduled a consultation with Dr. Steward to discuss this issue, and he provided data and suggestions.
+ Read more- Read less

Most of them [the nurses at Houston Fertility Institute- Woodlands] are absolutely wonderful. Very knowledgeable, patient, and always willing to get answers to your questions, even if that means waiting to discuss it with the doctor. I wish I had been assigned a single nurse so they are more familiar with my case.... They are very organized and use the patient portal very effectively. Weakness is that they seem to overbook patients because afternoon appoints ALWAYS run behind. Once we had to wait two hours past our appointment.
European, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Steward is incredibly knowledgeable about his field. He explains everything in detail, leaving nothing out (which is what I like). He is not afraid to be honest about expectations and I have never felt like he has been misleading with what to expect with our treatments. He is also not afraid to combine both Eastern and Western approaches to treatment (though he made sure to ask if I was open to it). His bedside manner is a little bit rough, but I have always appreciated his honesty. At first I think our treatments were a little too "cookie cutter" and not specialized for our specific needs, but he has since adjusted and I think our current treatment protocol is absolutely catered to our needs and with our history in mind. We are definitely on the same page and I am confident he is in my corner rooting us on.
Be open, honest, and not afraid to ask questions.
The nurses and all doctors that I saw were incredibly kind and also knowledgeable. But they are a very busy clinic, so most of them do not know me by name and aren't familiar with my case or treatment protocol without accessing my patient history.
First two rounds were medicated cycles with timed intercourse. First round used 300 iu of Gonal-F, 2nd round was 200 iu of Gonal-F. Third round was IVF with 225 Gonal-F and 225 Menopur. Currently IVF with 225 Gonal-F, microdose Lupron, 225 Menopur, Omnitrope and viagra. We have also incorporated acupuncture this cycle and did androgen priming while preparing for stims.
Most of them are absolutely wonderful. Very knowledgeable, patient, and always willing to get answers to your questions, even if that means waiting to discuss it with the doctor. I wish I had been assigned a single nurse so they are more familiar with my case.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
We were completely out of pocket. Our medicated cycles (including all medication) was approximately $4K each cycle. IVF was around $25K (including medication, transfer and retrieval costs).
Dr Steward definitely encourages single embryo transfer most. He seems to want to avoid pregnancy with multiples if possible.

2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Jason Griffith] truly cared about making my dreams a reality. He comfort me when I was down and celebrated all my highs. Egg retrieval was hard on my body. It’s seriously the hardest thing next to carrying twins I’ve ever done. He would stay after hrs to see me to check and makes sure I wasn’t going through OHS. When the 3rd IVF transfer was cancelled because my body was not responding he promised we would get there and said I deserved the perfect conditions. After we had to fake a 4th IVF cycle to do a FET he donated meds to us because we couldn’t afford another $1000 on injections.
First round IVF [at Houston Fertility Institute-Woodlands]. We used menphor (sp) and gonal-f, pills and patches. Right after egg retrieval I bagan to bleed and I bled so much that he canceled the fresh transfer. It was the best decision. I was in too much pain from retrieval for two weeks after. A month later we did a normal FET with pills and patches and PIO. We transfered two embryos. A week later I took a pregnancy test and I was pregnant. We had our first son at 27 weeks. He is now a very healthy 4 year old. 3 years later we were ready to add a sibling we started a FET cycle normal FET with pills and patches. Halfway through the first time we canceled because there was fluid buildup in my uterus. We started another FET a few weeks later and again halfway through same issue. After next cycle we change things up and decided to fake an IVF cycle. We used a small amount of final-f to stimulate my ovaries for 21 days. Right before you’re going to transfer the pocket of fluid made its appearance and we had to cancel.
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He truly cared about making my dreams a reality. He comfort me when I was down and celebrated all my highs. Egg retrieval was hard on my body. It’s seriously the hardest thing next to carrying twins I’ve ever done. He would stay after hrs to see me to check and makes sure I wasn’t going through OHS. When the 3rd IVF transfer was cancelled because my body was not responding he promised we would get there and said I deserved the perfect conditions. After we had to fake a 4th IVF cycle to do a FET he donated meds to us because we couldn’t afford another $1000 on injections. He said, this will work, we just have to get the right timing. When we we unsuccessful he personally called me and let me just cry and offered consoling words. He is hands down the best doctor that cares about his patients.
IVF is hard you start with a plan but that plan doesn’t always happen. You have to be mentally prepared that it’s going to be hard and it’s most likely not going to go as planned.
He truly cares about his patients. He has sat with me many, many times and let me just cry. After this last go where I had had the 3rd transfer canceled because my body wasn’t responding how he wanted it to. He held my hand and said “ you deserve the perfect conditions and I’m going to help you get that.” He understood all my anxieties and helped me through them.
I’ll try my best on this question. First round IVF. We used menphor (sp) and gonal-f, pills and patches. Right after egg retrieval I bagan to bleed and I bled so much that he canceled the fresh transfer. It was the best decision. I was in too much pain from retrieval for two weeks after. A month later we did a normal FET with pills and patches and PIO. We transfered two embryos. A week later I took a pregnancy test and I was pregnant. We had our first son at 27 weeks. He is now a very healthy 4 year old. 3 years later we were ready to add a sibling we started a FET cycle normal FET with pills and patches. Halfway through the first time we canceled because there was fluid buildup in my uterus. We started another FET a few weeks later and again halfway through same issue. After next cycle we change things up and decided to fake an IVF cycle. We used a small amount of final-f to stimulate my ovaries for 21 days. Right before you’re going to transfer the pocket of fluid made its appearance and we had to cancel. Next round we changed some things and I started stimulating for 17 days. This time no fluid build up. We transfered everything looked perfect but the transfer was unsuccessful. A month later we decided to try the same thing but this time instead of transferring one we did two embryos. It was successful and at the first ultrasound I was pregnant with twins. We now have three perfect children thanks to Dr Griffith.
The Woodlands nurses are hands down the best. They are all so caring and they will sit with you and make sure you understand everything. They will cry and celebrate with you.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I love everything about them. When we started with them in 2014 they were small and it was easy to reach your office. They have really grown since then. My only complaint is to reach your office you have to go through the call center and some times that can be a hassle. But you do always get a call back from your nurse or doctor.
First go was 20k Second go when all added up close to 15k
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Kim was there for a lot of my scans. He always knew my name when i walked in, he didn't need to look at my chart to remind himself. When I would cry in his office from a negative test, he would listen to me and let me know he cared. Dr. Kim would listen to my concerns and was ready to try new things when we had failures...if I wanted to discuss anything, he would give me his opinion on the topic and then let me ultimately decide what I wanted to do. He cared about me as a patient and truly wanted to see me get pregnant and have a baby. He definitely was not trying to push anything for money. He wanted to make sure we got the outcome we wanted (a baby) as fast as possible. He was honest and upfront about everything. He set realistic expectations, and had a positive demeanor.
The nurses [at Houston Fertility Institute] are absolutely amazing. I knew Rebecca and Vanessa the best. They had so much compassion when I was crying from negative results. They honestly cared about me and were extremely excited when I finally became pregnant. I cannot say enough wonderful things about these 2 women!!...IUI with cost of meds - $4000...I have no issues with the clinic. They work you into the schedule as best as they can. They are incredibly efficient in moving the patients into rooms and getting blood drawn. All of the staff works together very well and you can tell with how smooth things typically run. I usually didn't have to wait much longer than about 10-15 mins at most appointments.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim is a phenomenal doctor. He listened to all my concerns. We went over what the best treatment options were. If I wanted to discuss anything, he would give me his opinion on the topic and then let me ultimately decide what I wanted to do. He cared about me as a patient and truly wanted to see me get pregnant and have a baby. He definitely was not trying to push anything for money. He wanted to make sure we got the outcome we wanted (a baby) as fast as possible. He was honest and upfront about everything. He set realistic expectations, and had a positive demeanor.
Do your own research. Get as educated as you can. Understanding the process yourself will help you so much with outcomes. Dr. Kim will work to get you the baby you long for, but you also should understand the process and have realistic expectations for your diagnosis.
I have PCOS. My husband has no issues. I had used clomid for 4 cycles with my OB with no monitoring and no success. We met with Dr. Kim and he laid all our options out. First we did an HSG to make sure my tubes were open. My left tube showed a blockage, so we did a hysteroscopy and found polyps in my uterus, he cleaned them out and it opened up my left tube. He then recommended IUI with injections (since the pills didn't seem to help). I wasn't ready for that yet, so we did a cycle with Femara/Letrozole. Hardly any follicles grew. So we moved to IUI with injections as Dr. Kim had suggested. We got 2 mature follicles and did a double IUI (trigger shot, then IUI the next 2 days in a row). No success. Since no treatments were covered by our insurance, about 4 IUI cycles equal the cost of IVF. Dr. Kim said we could move in either direction. My husband and I decided to go forward with IVF as it has much better success rates and we didnt know how many IUIs it would take to work. We started with birth control to get my cycle regulated, then did injections for 11 days (stims for 11 days, cetrodide for 5 days to keep me from ovulating). We were doing an all freeze cycle, so my trigger shot was lupron (2 days of injections). 19 eggs retrieved, 11 mature follicles, 11 fertilized, and 9 made it to freeze (embryos). My husband and i decided to do PGS testing, even though Dr. Kim didnt think we needed it. Of the 9 blastocysts, 5 were gentically normal.
The nurses here are absolutely amazing. I knew Rebecca and Vanessa the best. They had so much compassion when I was crying from negative results. They honestly cared about me and were extremely excited when I finally became pregnant. I cannot say enough wonderful things about these 2 women!!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
IUI with cost of meds - $4000 IVF doctor/clinic/embryologist/ICSI cost $12900 -- meds $5000 --PGS $5500 Frozen Transfer Cycle cost with meds - $4000
For the first transfer, Dr. Kim would only do 1 embryo. it was the safest option and we agreed. No success. For the 2nd transfer, we did 2 embryos at Dr. Kim's recommendation. No success. For the 3rd transfer, we did a different FET protocol and transferred our last 2 genetically normal embryos, and it resulted in a singleton pregnancy.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Daniel Williams] can spend a lot of time with you and will answer any of your questions. He's polite and easy to talk to...gave a great, clinical explanation but the whole time he never made a personal connection to our family. I felt like it was not very personal to him. I felt alone instead of feeling a partnership with the doctor's office... was professional, knowledgeable, trust worthy. I didn't feel that this was very special to him, just a part of his routine. He was aware of the fact that I needed him to manage my thyroid after conception.
Renee [nurse at Houston Fertility Institute] was kind of cold. I thought that she didn't like me...She was available to answer my questions and responded to my messages when I complained about the BC pills making me feel bad. She taught me how to perform the shots. She was very helpful, but she lacked empathy...The IUI cost $2600, only the office expenses. That included the office performing blood tests and ultrasounds to monitor the follicle development then perform the IUI. The meds were $1500. That included Gonal F, the "trigger shot", and the progesterone suppositories.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was professional, knowledgeable, trust worthy. I didn't feel that this was very special to him, just a part of his routine. He was aware of the fact that I needed him to manage my thyroid after conception. I saw his associates for my routine tests and ultrasounds on days that he was at other locations. We were not very intimate even though we had a similar background and ethnicity. And I was referred to him but my OBGYN.
Expect to get text book explanation. He can spend a lot of time with you and will answer any of your questions. He's polite and easy to talk to
Dr. Williams gave a great, clinical explanation but the whole time he never made a personal connection to our family. I felt like it was not very personal to him. I felt alone instead of feeling a partnership with the doctor's office. I blew it off thinking it was just my emotions.
First procedure that Dr. Williams recommended for me was a histoscopy. I took BC pills and his nurse performed a transvaginal ultrasound. After receiving my results I was informed that he recommended IUI or IVF and wanted to put me on BC pills until I was ready to proceed. I objected to that option because I took a few months to start the IUI process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Renee Alexander)
Renee was kind of cold. I thought that she didn't like me. I started talking to her about her family to get a smile from her. She was available to answer my questions and responded to my messages when I complained about the BC pills making me feel bad. She taught me how to perform the shots. She was very helpful, but she lacked empathy.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They've got a lot of locations which equals appointments available. The whole staff is polite and professional. I had trouble reaching the financial advisor that I was initially assigned to. I tried to get in touch with her via the office messenge system, but she did not respond. I had to call and speak with someone else. The lab, where the IUI was performed, moved very slowly. I didn't like having to go there to get the histoscopy and later the IUI.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Griffith is so kind and understanding, he always explained every step with detail and made sure I understood before moving on....He does have a lot of patients which means he is out of office a lot to do retrievals/transfers and so was not able to do every single one of my scans/appointments, but was always there for the important things....I had a high AMH during my initial consult so Dr. Griffith opted for a Menopur only cycle.
Where the office [Houston Fertility Institute] really shines though is with the nurses. They did a lot of my scans if Dr. Griffith was in surgery...My nurse was always so quick to answer questions and made sure I knew exactly what my protocol was for each step. She gave medication instructions 7 days at a time so I wouldn’t become confused and knew exactly which days to change medicine (patches) and was always available when I called.... They comforted me when things didn’t go my way and always made sure to communicate promptly with test results.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith has such compassion and truly makes you feel like you are in it together. He cries when you cry and has joy when you have joy. He always explained everything to me and walked me through each step. During my retrieval and transfer, he made sure I was comfortable and calmed any nerves I had. He does have a lot of patients which means he is out of office a lot to do retrievals/transfers and so was not able to do every single one of my scans/appointments, but was always there for the important things.
Write down any questions or fears you have because he will answer and help to make you feel better! There’s so much uncertainty and fear surrouding infertility so it is amazing to let some of that go.
Dr. Griffith is so kind and understanding, he always explained every step with detail and made sure I understood before moving on. Where the office really shines though is with the nurses. They did a lot of my scans if Dr. Griffith was in surgery and they became like family while I was there for both transfers.
I had a high AMH during my initial consult so Dr. Griffith opted for a Menopur only cycle. I started at 175 Menopur and was bumped up to 275 because of a low response. Added ganirelix and my ovaries unexpectedly exploded into overtime. Because of this, we switched from HcG to a lupron trigger with the understanding I would do a freeze- all and wait to transfer. I then started protocol for a FET, 2 weeks of estradiol 3x a day, then added progesterone and transferred. I followed the exact same protocol when I did a second FET, 2 years later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
My nurse was always so quick to answer questions and made sure I knew exactly what my protocol was for each step. She gave medication instructions 7 days at a time so I wouldn’t become confused and knew exactly which days to change medicine (patches) and was always available when I called. The other nurses who did my scans were so kind. They became like family and were so happy to see both of my transfers result in positives!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They truly love their patients! You don’t feel like just another $ and they make you feel like your dreams are possible. They comforted me when things didn’t go my way and always made sure to communicate promptly with test results.
We were lucky to have insurance coverage so we paid our out of pocket max, which was around $3,800.
For my first transfer, he left the decision up to me and we decided to transfer 2, 1 stuck. For the second transfer, he strongly recommended 1 and I agreed. He has changed his standard practice in the 2 years between transfers but still let you transfer 2 if you sign releases.

PCOS, Unexplained
[Dr. Kemi Nurudeen is] great, kind, knowledgeable & someone you can trust...has a hopeful attitude. As a patient she’s great at explaining what to expect. She’s caring. She’s open to repeating information and providing detailed notes and answers to specific questions...Met back with the doctor for review of what happened and what’s next option wise. Found out I have an unsolved mystery reason. Hoping to do IVF soon.
It [Houston Fertility Institute is] a new building or remodeled which is nice. It’s in a medical district which is very nice and close to many things. The front desk women are nice... It’s a smaller office and I love that I’m not seeing different doctors every visit...The staff was great! They were familiar faces. They looked out for me when one nurse noticed I was looking pale she looked after me which was caring and checked up on me throughout the appointment.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She’s great! She listens, remembers me, compassionate, knowledgeable, and has a hopeful attitude. As a patient she’s great at explaining what to expect. She’s caring. She’s open to repeating information and providing detailed notes and answers to specific questions.
She’s knowledgeable so come with questions if you have any. She’s be happy to explain them.
She’s great, kind, knowledgeable & someone you can trust.
You’ll start off with paperwork of your history, discuss your history with the doctor, blood work, check egg size, get prescribed medicine to start period, get a period, check egg size, blood work, when they are a few in a good size you’ll take a trigger shot then timed sex or iui. Later you’ll go in for blood work & that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Met back with the doctor for review of what happened and what’s next option wise. Found out I have an unsolved mystery reason. Hoping to do IVF soon. As a pair of teachers we are looking for affordable options.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It’s a new building or remodeled which is nice. It’s in a medical district which is very nice and close to many things. The front desk women are nice. You’ll need your id and insurance card and knowledge of your past history. It’s a smaller office and I love that I’m not seeing different doctors every visit like I did in Frisco, Texas.
$800 timed pregnancy with a $100 shot & office visits.
I’d like multiple embryo but I know we have to sign something about the increase in multiples not being a good thing for women and doctors etc etc.
+ Read more- Read less

Whenever I was in Dr. Stewards presence, I felt like a person...Be prepared for very cut and dry black and white approach. He is warm with more visits and he does have a great bedside manner. I felt I was in extremely competent hands with someone who is very confident in his skills...After suffering 3 miscarriages in 2017 and the work up was done from oct 2017-dec 2017 and was essentially negative and no causes found for miscarriages
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
My obgyn gave me two options in The Woodlands. Dr. Steward or Dr. Griffith. In doing research, I chose Dr. Steward because he was younger, native Texan, trained at Duke , had personal experience with multiple miscarriages with his wife (At the time of the appt I had three miscarriages in a row and was desperate for answers) and had a kind, empathetic face. I just had a second d and c three days prior to my appt with him, so I was very fragile at that time. At our first meeting he set out an exact plan for us to complete at our pace and never pressured us to rush through the work up. Everything he hypothesized was happening with us came true. He said this is not a sperm issue, no need to even do a sperm test, we have gotten pregnant three times on the first try on our own, sperm could not be involved. And of course I forced my husband to do the SA and it came back with off the chart stellar numbers. He hypothesized I may have some lackadaisical hormones and mild "garden variety ovulatory dysfunction" which does not fit in any type of diagnosis and because of that, I ovulate late and can't ramp up the hormone supply needed with pregnancy. Since my AMH levels were great (5) and age was 33, we could build my entire family at the age of 33 with PGS tested embryos and give ample hormone support as well as aspirin and lovenox to prevent miscarriage with a frozen embryo cycle. Well all the testing was normal including sperm, uterus, etc and my hormones were exactly as he said. We elected to proceed with IVF instead of an assisted monitoring cycle so we could build our family NOW and take off any pressure to have more kids in a rapid succession later. As he predicted, I did not need a ton of medication due to the great AMH at 5. with embryo retrieval we got 13 total. 12 mature. 12 fertilized. 8 have been sent to PGS testing as day 6 blastocysts and we are currently waiting on these results. The process has gone exactly as he said it would. He nailed the medications. I did not have ANY left over. I did NOT hyper stimulate. I feel like we got the most "bang for our buck" with the 8 embryos for pgs testing (the max amount allowed without paying extra) and spent 4k on meds without wasting/having leftovers. He has been blunt with delivery but so kind and warm and most importantly has been 100% accurate thus far. I am in the medical field and it's VERY difficult for me to be the patient and I have surrendered and trust him with every decision here on out. no questions asked. I highly recommend him!
He knows his stuff. If you bring research he will review it with you and weigh in. He does listen and consider what you have to say but without a doubt every question I had, or concern I had, his knowledge prevailed and he was right. Be prepared for very cut and dry black and white approach. He is warm with more visits and he does have a great bedside manner. I felt I was in extremely competent hands with someone who is very confident in his skills.
Whenever I was in Dr. Stewards presence, I felt like a person. He remembered specific stories we have shared or remembered to ask about recent vacations. When I was going through the actual monitoring appts at the clinic without interaction with him, I Felt more like a number
After suffering 3 miscarriages in 2017 and the work up was done from oct 2017-dec 2017 and was essentially negative and no causes found for miscarriages, I was presented with three options. 1) do what he have been doing and call when pregnant for hormone support 2)assisted cycle with Timed intercourse to really nail ovulation time and with climid maybe producing more than 1 follicle with more options for sperm to find egg and also use hormonal support with progerstone or do 3)IVF with PGS testing and build our entire family at 33 years old. He said he would leave it to us. We ultimately decided to skip to IVF as 2017 was a long hard year with three losses and we were ready to be parents and surrender a little bit of control bc what he had been doing had not yet produced a live birth. So in january after a much needed vacation, I downregulated with birth control for 2 weeks, stimulated with Gonal F 150 and Menopur 150 for 10 days (with ceteotride for ovulation prevention added in when my follicles got to 13). He stated I did not need many meds as I have a garden variety ovulatory dysfunction in the pcos family but not severe enough to be pcos with an AMH of 5. He nailed the medications. I did not have any left over so there was no money wasted. I only had two monitoring appts week one and two appts week 2, so 4 total and it was not a disruption to my life or full time work schedule. I got 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 8 made it to 6day blastocyst and we have sent those for PGS and waiting on results. I consider this very successful at this point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jennice)
Jennice was super intelligent. She gave us a one on one IV injections class. Always called me in addition to sending messages to my portal and was caring and compassionate at appts. I had a few other ladies do some random monitoring on me during cycle and Jennice was by far the best.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI strengths: VOLUME. They do this so much they know their stuff and have seen it all and can handle it all. Their embryologist communication was excellent post retrieval. they do retrievals on weekends. I was so pleased that they did not accelerate my cycle or downregulate my cycle to make it more convenient for them. Weaknesses: you do not get one on one time with your doctor at every monitoring appt unless you have some particularly unusual case. So get comfortable with nurses giving you answers and not doctors. Get the first AM appt at the woodlands office or else you will be waiting for a while. they use the portal a lot so get used to it. You may not have your doctor for every procedure. I had a hysteroscopy with another doctor but she truly was wonderful so I did not mind. I also wanted to keep on a schedule and not wait until my doctor had an available operating slot, so I am sure I Could have had him if I wanted to. They have call doctors for weekends so you may not have your retrieval with your exact doctor.
workup, including hysteroscopy, was billed under Recurrent pregnancy loss and was covered under insurance without any out of pocket cost, except for Sperm analysis which was 100$ doctor fee/cycle monitoring 6900$ anesthesia for retrieval 250$ surgery center cost for retrieval 2800$ pgs testing and other lab fees 7,750$ medications 4,100$ have not ordered medications for transfer yet but I think about 1,000$ FIRST transfer is included in the original costs. subsequent transfers of frozen embryos will be around 2,000$
Dr. Steward only recommended FET after PGS testing for me given that our goal was to not have any more miscarriages (we already had 3).

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Kim was excellent at educating without being condescending. As a single mother by choice, he laid out the steps we needed to take as far as testing before trying IUI. ... I appreciated Dr. Kim’s explanation on procedures and how he told me what to expect. He did my egg retrieval and embryo transfer as well as an SIS in office and everything went well. I especially liked how he told me what was going on during embryo transfer.
I was super impressed with the quality of care but that meant sometimes there would be a wait. They were fantastic about fitting me in earlier than my appointment time so I could tolerate any wait time. ... Janese took the time to explain things and answer questions. I had spotting at six weeks and she reassured me and gave me several possible causes.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
I would absolutely advise them to go see him.
With my IUIs, we started with Clomid and I showed no follicle growth so that cycle was cancelled and we tried injectables. My dose of Gonal F was fairly high. I responded well to Gonal F and triggered with Ovidrel all three times but did not conceive. After that and an extended break secondary to finances, I moved on to IVF with PGS. I was on Gonal-F and Menopur and added Cetrotide about five days in. After PGS, I had one normal embryo and I prepped for FET by using an estrogen patch I changed every three days and three estrogen pills and then progesterone in oil injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Janese at The Woodlands clinic)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
IVF was about $25K including meds. Each IUI was around $5K with meds except my first round without injections initially was lower; maybe $3K.

PCOS, Unexplained
Throughout the entire process Dr. Griffith has had fantastic beside manners. Each time my transfer failed he would call me that evening personally and go over what happened and what we can do differently the next time. ... Before the third transfer I had a ERA which was suggested by Dr. Griffith. It showed that I needed 12 hours more of progesterone. ...
Monday's are the busiest days and you will wait for a bit before being seen. The staff [Houston Fertility Institute] is usually always nice and well mannered. I'm not a huge fan of only having morning time slots, but I understand due to getting lab results back the same day. ... The costs are a little high but if you aren't successful with your first round of IVF then the physician fees are waived for the second round.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask questions and be vocal about your thoughts and what you want your plan to look like.
The office gets really busy sometimes, but I've always felt like a human. I've never been mistreated in any way.
My first transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. Since everything appeared to be on a good path we stayed with that plan for the second transfer. It did not implant. Before the third transfer I had a ERA which was suggested by Dr. Griffith. It showed that I needed 12 hours more of progesterone. My third transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy. I have not started my second round of IVF yet, but when I do we are going to change my medication protocol see if I can produce better quality eggs.
I didn't have the same nurse each time which sometimes was difficult when communicating about my plan, but I liked each and every one of them.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Monday's are the busiest days and you will wait for a bit before being seen. The staff is usually always nice and well mannered. I'm not a huge fan of only having morning time slots, but I understand due to getting lab results back the same day. That was a tough adjustment for me. My mornings are usually my busiest so stepping out for my appointment is easier in the afternoon.
The costs are a little high but if you aren't successful with your first round of IVF then the physician fees are waived for the second round. I spent roughly $24,000 last year to do a round of IVD that yielded three embryos for three transfers. None were successful, so I am hoping to try again sometime this year if I can save the money.
He suggested one each transfer and I was ok with that. For our next round of IVF we will be transferring two.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Daniel Williams] had good eye contact, ensured I understood what my options were. Even when he suggested a mode of treatment that I did not want, and I asked for alternatives, he was willing to work with the alternatives but still told me my best bet would be his first suggestion. He was friendly and empathic and even when I left his office and remembered some questions I had in the waiting room, he was quite willing to answer them without emphasizing that my appointment with him was over.
The Sugarland clinic [of HFI] was not easy to locate in the hospital complex. I had to keep asking for directions and eventually had to call the clinic to get specific directions. There should be a sign outside to direct patients in. Even Google Map took me to the wrong address! The clinic has a nice ambience. The rooms were neat. I loved Dr Daniel's office, the certificates on the wall made me want to get mine!
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
His strengths were good communication skills with good eye contact and an open body language, taking the time to review my history before I came into the clinic, counselling me on what I should have done and the need to get treatment as soon as possible. His weakness seems to be a predilection for IVF treatments. I seem to have unexplained infertility even though I had a myomectomy 2 years after trying to have a baby, that did not account for the infertility. In his opinion, IVF was the best approach now, and he kept on emphasizing that. I really wanted an explanation for why I have never conceived. And I did not get that.
Ensure you get all your clinical history into the e-patient portal!
I had sent in my details via the e-patient portal before the visit with Dr Williams. So, he was knowledgeable about my history and took his time to explain what has been going on to me. He had good eye contact, ensured I understood what my options were. Even when he suggested a mode of treatment that I did not want, and I asked for alternatives, he was willing to work with the alternatives but still told me my best bet would be his first suggestion. He was friendly and empathic and even when I left his office and remembered some questions I had in the waiting room, he was quite willing to answer them without emphasizing that my appointment with him was over. I had asked him for financial options and he was quite willing to recommend some options to me. My initial date for the surgery was not feasible because i had exams, but he worked around his schedule to get the surgery done at a date that was quite convenient for me.
I had a corrective reproductive surgery done. It was done to improve my chances of conception - natural or artificial and also to reduce the periodic pelvic pain I had been having. However, even after the surgery, i was told my chances of natural conception were still low.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
She was compassionate, quite friendly and put me at ease all through the visits and after the surgery.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The Sugarland clinic was not easy to locate in the hospital complex. I had to keep asking for directions and eventually had to call the clinic to get specific directions. There should be a sign outside to direct patients in. Even Google Map took me to the wrong address! The clinic has a nice ambience. The rooms were neat. I loved Dr Daniel's office, the certificates on the wall made me want to get mine!
Consultation - 50 dollars Surgery - 3000 dollars Physician fees - 1000 dollars Anesthesia - 500 dollars. The consultation fee was waived at two of my visits.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Alexa Clapp] mentioned on two occasions once over the phone during our conversation re our cycle failing and in office how she reached out to other doctors in the office to assist our case. Although it was hard to hear that our retrieval failed she understood our need to take time before trying again and had a plan for when we were ready. She also performed my sis in office and walked me through every part of the procedure to but me at ease.
Over all communication [at Houston Fertility Institute] was good until it wasn't. After my cycle failed I received two phone calls because in a months time my insurance became in network and the finance office called to update the information. The second call was from the surgery center calling to schedule my procedure, a month after I had already had a retrieval. This was the only time I felt communication could have been better.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
She mentioned on two occasions once over the phone during our conversation re our cycle failing and in office how she reached out to other doctors in the office to assist our case. Although it was hard to hear that our retrieval failed she understood our need to take time before trying again and had a plan for when we were ready. She also performed my sis in office and walked me through every part of the procedure to but me at ease.
Even if you don't have many questions during consult she was always easily reachable via email to answer questions I had later.
We had several conversation before starting treatment where she answered our questions throughly. Even when our cycle failed we had answers and a new plan. When she didn't have the answers she openly talked about consulting her colleagues and sent me studies to answer the questions I did have.
After all of test results appeared to be normal and on the right track we used birth control to bring my levels down. Once my endocrinologist ok'd my A1c level to start it was gonal and menopur with ovidril starting half way through our tx. Growth via ultrasound was consist although there was concern my estrogen wasn't rising as expected. Before retrieval there were an estimated 4 eggs. Day of retrieval a different Dr performed my procedure, she found 2 eggs but was only able to reach one due to location.
There are two main nurses on the office and although you have one that is assigned to your doctor each nurse is familiar with your case and can sub in for each other as needed.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Over all communication was good until it wasn't. After my cycle failed I received two phone calls because in a months time my insurance became in network and the finance office called to update the information. The second call was from the surgery center calling to schedule my procedure, a month after I had already had a retrieval. This was the only time I felt communication could have been better.
I could schedule before work as needed sometimes I could be seen before the official open hours.
We paid out of pocket the first round about 17000 medication was cheaper with the clinic discount verses my insurance.
Due to being high risk due to age and being diabetic single embryo transfer was our best option for the safety and health for me and future baby.
Alexa Clapp

Anovulation, Unexplained, Other
I would (and do) highly recommend Dr Skorupski. Very good communicator, patient with questions, used non-medical terms to help me understand, and was always open with risks. He never guaranteed success (something no one should promise) but was always optimistic.... Friendly staff, always felt personal during visits I was hospitalized for 6 days due to hyperstimulation and Dr Skorupski was available to us around the clock
It’s harder to get someone [at Houston Fertility Institute-Willowbrook] on the phone now vs our first cycle in 2016. But overall, everyone is friendly and ready to help. Strength - multiple locations and for most visits you are able to go to one you choose... 2016 cycle: approximately $22k for retrieval and transfer 2018: approx $5k per cycle with medication. The physician fees for the cycle after the cancelled cycle were waived
Anovulation, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask questions and trust the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Josh Skorupski used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
2016 cycle: can’t remember the medication but we used injections and had an egg retrieval. Due to hyperstimulation, we froze all embryos. We transferred two (we picked boy/girl) after hormone prep (estrogen patch, estrogen pill, and PIO) and had a successful pregnancy/Delivery. 2018: first cycle was cancelled after I did not respond to hormone prep. Second cycle we used gonal f for stimulation, then added estrogen and PIO after trigger shot. Transfer of one tested embryo results in negative preganancy test. Third cycle, we went back to hormone prep but added a viagra vaginal suppository. Transfer of one tested embryo resulted in negative pregnancy test. Fourth cycle, we have done a miscarriage panel and discovered Factor 2 mutation. We went back to gonal f for stimulation plus viagra suppository, Plaquenil, lovenox, and baby aspirin. We transferred two untested embryos and are in the two week wait
Always friendly, answered all questions in a timely manner. Showed compassion for us
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It’s harder to get someone on the phone now vs our first cycle in 2016. But overall, everyone is friendly and ready to help. Strength - multiple locations and for most visits you are able to go to one you choose
Describe the costs associated with your care under Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Josh Skorupski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Yes, the guidance had changed between our 2016 and 2018 cycles. He updated us and helped us decide what was right for us after several failed transfers
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute.

Dr. Williams was very nice but he did not preform any of my IUIs, nor did he do any of my ultrasounds or check up. The only time we met was after each failed IUI...I just didn’t feel like we got 100% of his full attention. Our first consultation, I had sent the clinic my prior medical records and at our consultation I had to resend them because he hadn’t received them, so that means he didn’t have time to review the 30 page file prior to meeting. I felt a little rush during our first meeting, waited over an hour in the waiting room and had two other couples behind us.
I had to follow up several time regarding my medication pre-authorization between the clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] and my insurance. My insurance kept telling me the clinic hasn’t sent them the form that needed to be completed for the pre-authorization...Front desk ladies lacked patience and were sometimes rude. Just be prepared to take your sperm sample and sit in the lobby for 15-30 mins on the day of your IUI. You would think they would push you through right away to see a nurse when you have valuable cargo! Nope! That’s when you feel like a number.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
See prior note. Dr. Williams was very nice but he did not preform any of my IUIs, nor did he do any of my ultrasounds or check up. The only time we met was after each failed IUI. I’m not sure if that is standard with all doctors at HFI. I did feel confident with all of the nurses and doctors.
I believe he goes back and forth to two locations. I only seemed to be able to make appointments at 4 pm on certain days.
Dr. Williams was very friendly, I just didn’t feel like we got 100% of his full attention. Our first consultation, I had sent the clinic my prior medical records and at our consultation I had to resend them because he hadn’t received them, so that means he didn’t have time to review the 30 page file prior to meeting. I felt a little rush during our first meeting, waited over an hour in the waiting room and had two other couples behind us. HFI has really good satistics so we stayed with Dr. Williams and try 3 IUIs that we’re all BFN.
1st IUI femara- and trigger shot body responded really good with 3 follicles. And endometrian. 2nd IUI femara and Trigger shout only one follicle. And endometrian. 3rd IUI injection. Gonal F, Trigger shot and endometrian
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
My insurance covered most of my medications and IUIs so the costs were pretty good
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr [Josh Skorupski] is very knowledgeable, knows how to communicate the process, what to expect, both the good and potential bad. He was very involved from start until now. For any challenges I was having, the doctor would call me personally if the news was not good.... Because I was already in peri menopause, doc was very deliberate in everything knowing my age was a huge factor in timing. I did a total of 4 transfers, the first resulting in a chemical pregnancy, the next two resulted in no implantation at all. With each attempt, he adjusted or added to my meds. For our fourth and last attempt , we decided to include Neupogen shot and it worked. I am on Estrace, Mineville patch, Plaqinel, baby aspirin, Lovunox shots, progesterone in oil shots.
Facility [Houston Fertility Institute] in Beaumont and Houston were top notch. Very up to date on technology and equipment. Facility is very modern and clean. Very comfortable atmosphere. I was able to everything with exception of transfer st the Beaumont office which closest to me.... $10,450 for the donor for eggs, $5,500 for PGS testing. This was not covered by insurance. $1300 for medications not covered by insurance. Each transfer was approximately $6,000. Insurance covered all after deductible and out of pocket were met.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr is very knowledgeable, knows how to communicate the process, what to expect, both the good and potential bad. He was very involved from start until now. For any challenges I was having, the doctor would call me personally if the news was not good. He as always very supportive and happy to say, I am 6 weeks pregnant.
He is very patient and understanding.
The office staff and nurses were very caring and involved in making sure I understood all instructions. Doctor is always available for my many questions during appointments and I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Tammi)
Nurse staff was excellent. Always made time to ensure I understood all instructions.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Facility in Beaumont and Houston were top notch. Very up to date on technology and equipment. Facility is very modern and clean. Very comfortable atmosphere. I was able to everything with exception of transfer st the Beaumont office which closest to me.
Due to my donors age, there concerns about more than one transfer, higher % of embryo splitting. So first two attempts we only transferred one. Knowing my timing was limited , we decided to transfer two on our third attempt which did not work. We had two embryos left so transferred both on our fourth attempt and we had one that did implant. Currently six weeks pregnant.

2013 - 2017
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
While I did feel like I was treated with grace & dignity during my first encounter with Dr Skorupski & his office back in 2013 when I came back to his office & staff I was treated cordially but felt like I was being fat shamed because I’m overweight...He was thorough when explaining problems or what he believed were our problems conceiving as well as my multiple miscarriages but I never felt like we had a real plan besides the constant comment of “I need to lose weight”.
When I first became a patient [at Houston Fertility Institute] with Dr Skorupski (in 2013) I loved his nurses & staff. Heather was my nurse & she was so kind & helpful, even the receptionist/office manager was amazing. Always so kind & helpful. When I returned in 2017 the staff left something to be desired. They came off as cold & unwelcoming, like I was a nuisance. The on site phlebotomist was always kind & the one time I had a nurse do an ultrasound she was pleasant but overall it wasn’t a great experience going into the office. I hope maybe they were just having a bad day when I happened to be there but who knows.
2013 - 2017
European, Latino
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like he did care about the well-being of my overall health as well as my husband but still felt like all of my problems were being blamed on my weight rather than doing more testing. He is a very kind doctor & I believe he wants the best for his patients but I just couldn’t get over the fat shaming I felt. He was thorough when explaining problems or what he believed were our problems conceiving as well as my multiple miscarriages but I never felt like we had a real plan besides the constant comment of “I need to lose weight”.
Be prepared before going in to your appointments. Write down questions, concerns, anything you can think of, that way you don’t get flustered & forget in the moment. Bring someone to advocate for you if you need. It can help tremendously.
When I first became a patient with Dr Skorupski (in 2013) I loved his nurses & staff. Heather was my nurse & she was so kind & helpful, even the receptionist/office manager was amazing. Always so kind & helpful. When I returned in 2017 the staff left something to be desired. They came off as cold & unwelcoming, like I was a nuisance. The on site phlebotomist was always kind & the one time I had a nurse do an ultrasound she was pleasant but overall it wasn’t a great experience going into the office. I hope maybe they were just having a bad day when I happened to be there but who knows.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The Beaumont office is basically brand new. Location is easily accessible. Office was always clean & nice. They do have an onset phlebotomists but she’s only their on certain days. It was difficult at time for my husband to go in because they only do sperm samples or testing on certain days. Same with Dr Skorupski. He was only available on certain days because he works both in Houston & Beaumont offices.
Most of my testing was done out of pocket. I can’t remember if insurance covered anything specific.

1 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor
There was no "sugar-coating" things and Dr. Nurudeen spoke to me as a patient and not another doctor when using medical terms. Step-by-step processes were given so I wasn't waiting to see what was next in the process....she told us the risks and benefits of a singleton vs multiples but told me I would be fine carrying either. She was opposed to putting in more than 2 embryos... Professional, friendly, caring, knowledgeable...
No weaknesses in my book. Location was perfect for getting the league city area patients. Clean and updated and seemed to have all the tools they needed. Wish they had the ability to do procedures there ... All staff [at HFI] was very friendly and addressed you as if you were family. They tried to remember (and were successful) on what we were up to in our personal lives... [RN's] Welcoming, compassionate and knowledgeable .
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
The best, hands down. Wouldn't let any of my friends go anywhere else. Professional, friendly, caring, knowledgeable. All the staff included. Biggest plus is having a clinic in Webster since I live in League City.
Don't worry, you're in good hands.
All staff was very friendly and addressed you as if you were family. They tried to remember (and were successful) on what we were up to in our personal lives. There was no "sugar-coating" things and Dr. Nurudeen spoke to me as a patient and not another doctor when using medical terms. Step-by-step processes were given so I wasn't waiting to see what was next in the process.
I do not remember the names of the medications and the step by step process is a bit blurry but I can do my best: Had a consult including my ultrasound and notice my follicles not fully developing to ovulate, had my husband do a sperm sample as well. Results came back which called for IVF for best chance of pregnancy. Histerscopy (spelling), shots in the belly to develop follicles, egg retrieval, progesterone shots for ~12 weeks in the hip with the embryo placement within the 12 weeks.
Welcoming, compassionate and knowledgeable .
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
No weaknesses in my book. Location was perfect for getting the league city area patients. Clean and updated and seemed to have all the tools they needed. Wish they had the ability to do procedures there but with the few times I needed them it was okay having to drive into Houston, just prefer not to.
Mostly OOP. Insurance did cover a substantial amount of cost for medication.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Griffith was definitely kind but always pushed IVF. I always felt like they were just rotating through patients. I wanted him to find answers as to why my body could not hold the pregnancies, and I knew that he hadn’t come to that conclusion...I asked about my thyroid and other tests that could be performed to figure out why these miscarriages occurred. Dr. Griffith did not feel that looking into anything else would be of benefit.
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] is efficient and gets the job done. I was most bothered by the way they delivered bad news. I felt a lack of empathy, although it could have also been my emotion due to the trauma of each miscarriage...I asked for a phone call from the business office with specifics in regards to IVF treatment... I never received that call which played into my decision to switch clinics.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I was pleased with Dr. Griffith at the beginning of my treatment. After 1 miscarriage, his associate performed a hysteroscopy, and I learned about pre cancerous cells in my body. Dr, Griffith treated me for 2 months and a colleague performed a second hysteroscopy. The pre cancerous cells were gone. I was hopeful that this was the treatment I needed. My husband and I opted for an IUI. Dr. Griffith was extremely optimistic, so I was disappointed when I started my cycle prior to the pregnancy test. The office still had me go in for this test even though I already knew the outcome. We took a break in treatment and got pregnant twice on our own. Both ended in miscarriage, unfortunately. Dr. Griffith told me later the pregnancies were considered chemical pregnancies but did not explain that to me. We went back to Dr. Griffith to discuss IVF. He was ready to start the process. I asked about my thyroid and other tests that could be performed to figure out why these miscarriages occurred. Dr. Griffith did not feel that looking into anything else would be of benefit.
Always get a second opinion.
The office was always busy. Dr. Griffith was definitely kind but always pushed IVF. I always felt like they were just rotating through patients. I wanted him to find answers as to why my body could not hold the pregnancies, and I knew that he hadn’t come to that conclusion. I was afraid to do IVF and have another miscarriage.
For the IUI, I took Gonal F injections. The meds did provide multiple eggs being in play during the IUI. We did the ovidrel trigger shot for ovulation. For whatever reason, the IUI was unsuccessful.
The nursing staff is efficient and gets the job done. I was most bothered by the way they delivered bad news. I felt a lack of empathy, although it could have also been my emotion due to the trauma of each miscarriage.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
This clinic is efficient and has definite procedures and protocol in place. It operates very smoothly, and the doctors work as a team. I got the impression that they provided the same course of testing for each patient rather than looking at each patients specific issues. I also felt that the pricing was high. After I changed doctors, I received an email from someone in the main office. When I explained I had changed clinics, this is when they said they will price match. Overall, I was thankful I switched clinics, although this clinic was more convenient location wise.
I spent $7,000 on fertility diagnostic testing and treatments with this doctor. This includes 2 hysteroscopies, genetic testing, prescription medications, and 1 IUI round.
Dr. Griffith would only transfer 1 healthy embryo (after PGS testing). If we did not have PGS, then he would transfer up to 3.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Griffith was very good about listening. He would answer the 1,000s of questions we had and would tell us what he honestly thought was best for us to do next. He would have consultations with us when we weren't sure about something.... He told us the differences in success rates and price between IUI and IVF and since we were unexplained infertility we decided to do IUI and use IVF as a last resort.
Overall we really enjoyed being at HFI- The Woodlands. I would say the only down fall to HFI having so many offices is that for our IUI transfers and IVF procedures (retrieval and transfer) we would have to drive downtown to a different location... I absolutely loved the nursing staff at HFI- The Woodlands. They were constantly answering questions we had, no matter how many times a day I would call.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Listen to the Doctor. He is the expert in the area of infertility. Do NOT search the web for what you think would be best. There is a reason they do everything in the order that they do it. I got very frustrated at first because I didn't understand the process, but now that I do it all makes sense.
He always knew what was going on in our lives and was interested in knowing how we were doing through the whole process.
We did Clomid with our OBGYN, so when we got to Dr. Griffith we went to IUI. He told us the differences in success rates and price between IUI and IVF and since we were unexplained infertility we decided to do IUI and use IVF as a last resort. Before doing an IUI I had to have a hyteroscopy to make sure that my uterus was in good condition and clear of fibroids. After 2 rounds of IUI he still wasn't sure why things weren't happening. Everything was perfect with our IUI, but the sperm wasn't meeting the egg. We took a break after this because it was emotionally and physically draining. We went back to see what we should do next. Since I took a break, he went ahead and did another hysterocopy to make sure that nothing had formed over the last year. After this we began stims to start IVF. Through IVF we used a number of injection prescriptions which resulted in 27 eggs being retrieved. After ICSI we had 18 embryos frozen. We transfered 2 embryos about a month and a half later (after my body healed from retrieval) and one survived.
I absolutely loved the nursing staff at HFI- The Woodlands. They were constantly answering questions we had, no matter how many times a day I would call. They would take the time to explain in detail and if they weren't sure they would consult Dr. Griffith and I would hear back by the end of the day. When we had negative pregnancy tests they were extremely cautious and sensitive as to how they would deliver the message to us.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Overall we really enjoyed being at HFI- The Woodlands. I would say the only down fall to HFI having so many offices is that for our IUI transfers and IVF procedures (retrieval and transfer) we would have to drive downtown to a different location to have these done because they only do them out of one office/hospital. Also if I had an appointment that would fall on a Saturday or Sunday (you have to go every so many days so these are required) they would be downtown as well. It wasn't a huge issue, but make sure that you have the time to do this if you go forward.
IUI- about $4,000/round (without medication) IVF- about $13,000 for retrieval and transfer (without medication) IVF Frozen Transfer- about $4,000 (without medication)
Dr. Griffith Highly suggested that we only transfer 1 embryo because I was so young. I fought it and pushed for 2. He did transfer 2 because that was what I wanted, but he warned me of the risks that can come with multiples.

2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I liked him [Dr. Skorupski] because he explained my diagnose, but not the procedure because i didn’t know what to expect. He does show compassion, and listened to my question and complains. When my husband and I went we asked him to fill our some forms for a grant and he said he would, but at the end we didn’t qualify for it.... Make sure he explains the procedure you’ll be getting done.... When the Dr. Skropuski saw me in Beaumont I was treated like a human.
Once you get your treatment they [Houston Fertility Institute] send you to the main location in Houston. For Iui you get which ever doctor is available.... They didn’t defrost my husband’s sperm on time. On 2016, a dr. Bello didn’t send the right prescription to the pharmacy and prescribed the wrong one too, and I did t get any explanation and results about procedure.... Tammi was working with another nurse that she was training. That nurse was immature, interrupting Tammi when we were trying to scheduled.
2014 - 2017
European, Latino
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
I liked him because he explained my diagnose, but not the procedure because i didn’t know what to expect. He does show compassion, and listened to my question and complains. When my husband and I went we asked him to fill our some forms for a grant and he said he would, but at the end we didn’t qualify for it.
Make sure he explains the procedure you’ll be getting done. And whatever you do try to avoid Dr. Bello in Houston.
When I went to Houston go get my IUI I felt like a number. They messed up my procedure because they forgot to defrost my husband’s sperm. Therefore, an appointment that was scheduled for 10am wasn’t until 1:30p. Then, I had to go inthe next day at 8:30a so they could defrost the sperm, didn’t get seen u til 11:20a. I was one of the first patients there and was the last one to leave. By the way, those two procedures were not done by my doctor. When the Dr. Skropuski saw me in Beaumont I was treated like a human.
I’m sorry I don’t remember.
Tammi was working with another nurse that she was training. That nurse was immature, interrupting Tammi when we were trying to scheduled. She was so rude that when I called to let them know that I had taken my trigger shot 30 mins late she just answered cross your finger and pray it works. I was so mad because I had just paid a lot of money and it was a bit stressful situation for her to be telling me that.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Once you get your treatment they send you to the main location in Houston. For Iui you get which ever doctor is available. Basically, you get anyone you do t have a rapport with. That’s one thing I didn’t like. I do like my doctor.
With medicines and freezing of the sperm about 6500-7000

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Bello always is very personal. She gave me her phone number and told me to text her anytime (when I was going through an ectopic pregnancy following an iui). She always takes the time to explain things to me. She calls me when she is concerned with something, and she is always telling me that she is praying for me... She is a great surgeon. This can be a downfall because she is at the main hfi location a lot for surgery. She is in cypress in Wednesday afternoons and thursdays.
One weakness [at Houston Fertility Institute] is that you don't personally see your doctor every appointment. You will usually see a doctor just not yours always. Hfi is truly the best clinic in Houston, so I don't think it's much of a drawback. My nurses have been so kind. They give me meds if I really need them since I'm a cash pay patient (so expensive!) I would recommend my doctor, and others I have encountered through my time with hfi, a million timers over. They don't treat you like a number. My doctor knows every woman is different. I love them all at hfi!
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Bello is amazing. She is a great surgeon. This can be a downfall because she is at the main hfi location a lot for surgery. She is in cypress in Wednesday afternoons and thursdays. She looks over all of your labs and ultrasounds after each visit and tells the nurses what to do next. She is pretty conservative which I appreciate. I would recommend her to everyone.
She is blunt and tells things the way they are, but she is also very compassionate. She will be honest with you.
I have pcos so I respond very strongly to meds. She had me trigger with different medicine when my estradiol went over a certain level. This saved me from having ohss too bad when I had my egg retrieval (42 mature eggs!) she is just an amazing doctor who knows my body and knows what will work.
They are super busy at this clinic - there are only 2 of them, and a lot of times they're in charge when no doctor is there. They are easy to reach by phone or patient portal. The only thing I have a complaint about is how quickly I get my prescriptions sent. I think this also has something to do with cvs. They're so slow, so I can't completely blame the nurses. They're sweet ladies who really care about you!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One weakness is that you don't personally see your doctor every appointment. You will usually see a doctor just not yours always. Hfi is truly the best clinic in Houston, so I don't think it's much of a drawback. My nurses have been so kind. They give me meds if I really need them since I'm a cash pay patient (so expensive!) I would recommend my doctor, and others I have encountered through my time with hfi, a million timers over. They don't treat you like a number. My doctor knows every woman is different. I love them all at hfi!
Each iui was $2800 up front. This did not include meds. Meds were about $1,000. I had zero coverage. For Ivf, it was $12950 up front not including meds. It was $5900 additional for pgs. We decided not to do the pgs testing.
She doesn't have a strong preference. She is letting me transfer 2 and I am young and healthy.
Sandra Bello

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kim was such an amazing doctor. We had gone through several years of infertility, a surgery, and 7 IUI’s prior to meeting with him. By the time we had our appointment with him I had little hope left at conceiving.... Dr. Kim found that I had a thryroid issue so I was put on thyroid medication before beginning my cycle.... Many times after becoming pregnant I would call feeling very anxious and he had me come in for an ultrasound just to calm my fears.
HFI was always very easy to work with. Doctors, nurses, and the finance department was very kind and organized. They always promptly returned calls, answered any questions, and were easy to work with and schedule appointments with.... Vanessa was always so kind and understanding. I called very often and she always calmed my nerves and was very knowledgeable.... Our total cost for IVF, freezing embryos, and the transfer was around $20,000.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim was such an amazing doctor. We had gone through several years of infertility, a surgery, and 7 IUI’s prior to meeting with him. By the time we had our appointment with him I had little hope left at conceiving. When I met with him I instantly felt hope. He was so easy to talk to and explained everything in a way that we were able to understand. He was honest through the entire process and always took the time at every single appointment to sit down with us and discuss our treatment. He went above and beyond to ensure that everything went as planned. I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about him. We now have a healthy little boy as a result of IVF as his patient and we just took him to meet the dr that helped us conceive our little miracle.
Put all of your other fertility experiences in the past and go into your appointment with an open mind. I am so thankful I did not give up before finding Dr. Kim
Dr. Kim was amazing. I was so incredibly nervous during the entire IVF process and he always took the time to listen to my concerns and fears. Many times after becoming pregnant I would call feeling very anxious and he had me come in for an ultrasound just to calm my fears.
Dr. Kim found that I had a thryroid issue so I was put on thyroid medication before beginning my cycle. I also did injections and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa Jones/ Joy )
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Our total cost for IVF, freezing embryos, and the transfer was around $20,000.
I was appreciative that Dr. Kim knew what my body was able to handle in regards to medication and doing a frozen cycle.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr. Griffith is very warm. He truly seems to care about my husband and me. He never became annoyed by our barrage of questions, and he was always happy to explain processes....I didn't see Dr. Griffith as often as I would've liked. The times I did see him, he was fully present and always kind. I do wish he had performed the egg retrievals, however. Despite two failed IVF cycles, we did learn so much from the tests Dr. Griffith insisted we undergo...Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. Dr. Griffith will address them all, and he's remarkably comforting.
The phlebotomists and the nurses [at Houston Fertility Institute] were great. Especially, Daisy. My care coordinator was sometimes very short with me without provocation....Unfortunately, the billing department leaves a lot to be desired. If your cycle fails, you're supposed to be covered by the HFI Assurance - meaning that your next cycle will be free of physician's fees. Both of my cycles failed, by the way. Before my second cycle (Sept. '16), the billing department tried to charge us for the full amount including the doctor's fees. I spoke to a couple of people, and eventually, it was straightened out...There were a couple of times during my second cycle where I wasn't given instructions. I had to call to remind them.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I didn't see Dr. Griffith as often as I would've liked. The times I did see him, he was fully present and always kind. I do wish he had performed the egg retrievals, however. Despite two failed IVF cycles, we did learn so much from the tests Dr. Griffith insisted we undergo. We learned that I have MTHFR and a clotting disorder. That information has helped us maintain my current natural (completely spontaneous) pregnancy that occurred mere months after our last failed cycle. I'm so grateful!
I don't recall the exact protocol, but I took Bravelle, Menopur, and Ovidrel before my retrieval. I had approximately 11 follicles that looked promising, but only 5 eggs were retrieved. Three of the eggs were mature, and only two fertilized. Only one egg made it to day 5, and it was frozen. I had responded well to stims for an IUI at another clinic so he thought it would go well. After the failed transfer, Dr. Griffith spoke to us again and said he'd introduce Lupron and an antagonist protocol should we decide on round 2. With round 2, we used Lupron, Menopur, and Gonal-f. We had 10 follicles. We ended up with 2 poor quality 3-day embryos. Unfortunately, they didn't take.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Fernandez)
The phlebotomists and the nurses were great. Especially, Daisy. My care coordinator was sometimes very short with me without provocation.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
There are multiple branches, but I frequented the Willowbrook location. It's clean, and seems to be run pretty efficiently. There's never a long wait. Unfortunately, the billing department leaves a lot to be desired. If your cycle fails, you're supposed to be covered by the HFI Assurance - meaning that your next cycle will be free of physician's fees. Both of my cycles failed, by the way. Before my second cycle (Sept. '16), the billing department tried to charge us for the full amount including the doctor's fees. I spoke to a couple of people, and eventually, it was straightened out. I was assured that it was the last we'd hear of the extra fees. Fast forward to March '17 when I received more bills for the physician's fees. I had to talk to two more people to get things straightened out. I was told that I do not owe any physician's fees, and hopefully this will be the last time I get billed. We'll see...
$25k - this includes one IVF cycle and unlimited frozen transfers as well as meds.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Witz seems like a great doctor. When I met with him, I felt like he answered all of my questions candidly. However, I rarely saw him. I would see him for a meeting before I started a round of IUI. He never performed any of my IUI procedures, as he has colleagues that take different shifts....Dr. Witz prescribed a small dosage of clomid followed by IUI. One of his colleagues questioned my treatment strategy when he performed an initial exam as I started a cycle however, he went with the orders left by Dr. Witz. It made me concerned that perhaps there were newer ideas that may work better.
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute]seemed to have a high turn-over ratio. The only constant staff were the women who took the blood...Every visit was to a jammed pack waiting room full of women trying to have babies, women pregnant, and women with small children. I rarely saw the same nurse twice. I only saw the doctor at the beginning of each cycle. Rarely did I ever get in & out near my appointment time....$1500 per medicated IUI cycle plus drugs.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Witz seems like a great doctor. When I met with him, I felt like he answered all of my questions candidly. However, I rarely saw him. I would see him for a meeting before I started a round of IUI. He never performed any of my IUI procedures, as he has colleagues that take different shifts. Maybe my cycles just didn't coincide with his work schedule. He was highly recommended by my gynecologist.
Infertility is a vicious cycle. Be prepared to see lots of women crying. Every appointment was full of women crying because they lost a baby, because they got pregnant, or because they found out they weren't pregnant. Dr. Witz was never there when I got my pregnancy test results.
Every visit was to a jammed pack waiting room full of women trying to have babies, women pregnant, and women with small children. I rarely saw the same nurse twice. I only saw the doctor at the beginning of each cycle. Rarely did I ever get in & out near my appointment time. The only constant people were the people taking my blood.
The nursing staff seemed to have a high turn-over ratio. The only constant staff were the women who took the blood. When I went back 6 months after completing & failing 3 cycles, there was not a single nurse that i had seen before.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI is a well respected clinic. I wish there was a separate waiting area for women receiving fertility treatment from the women who are already pregnant or who were having to have D&Cs. I was always stressed out seeing all of the different emotions. I also wish there was a way to get in at your appointment time. Most appointments took less than 10 minutes, but it could take an hour or more to get into a treatment room. Saturdays & the days after holidays were the worst.
$1500 per medicated IUI cycle plus drugs.