Alexa Clapp

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380
281-681-0480

Treated 2019 - 2020
I felt that I had to come up with the ideas and adjustments that ultimately led to my success. She [Dr. Kemi Nurudeen] is overall very approachable, friendly, and accommodating. I really appreciated her bedside manner...was at all times, professional and kind...I didn’t feel that she was particularly innovative or following our case closely enough to make small adjustments etc. I felt that any changes that occurred were based on my own ideas (to which she agreed)...She was attentive and listened to our concerns.
Test results were almost always published appropriately [by the staff at Houston Fertility Institute]. There were a few rare occassions when they weren’t posted. I was given major attitude the few times I called to ask about them...Seems like a factory...The very first thing they say after hello, is the sum of your bill. No real explanation of the bill. Just the sum total. If you have q’s the financial counselor will come up to the front desk and openly state whAt you owe...I was not impressed by the medical assistants at HFI overall. I think they are good at ultrasounds but their bedside manner is severely lacking.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She was kind, empathetic, professional. She seemed young in her practice. Didn’t seem as evidence based- when discussing novel therapies would state that “the clinic had success with x,y,z” but wasn’t able to elaborate on the supporting evidence or mechanism of action. Sometimes she would get confused on my medical details or the things we discussed. I’m Sure it’s hard to juggle so many patients but this reminded me why people regard hfi as a factory rather than a personal experience. I did end up having success here and I am forever grateful for that but I felt that I had to come up with the ideas and adjustments that ultimately led to my success. She is overall very approachable, friendly, and accommodating. I really appreciated her bedside manner
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Come with a lot of open ended questions and let her response (rather than you filling in what your specific ideas are).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Nurudeen was at all times, professional and kind. She was attentive and listened to our concerns. I didn’t feel that she was particularly innovative or following our case closely enough to make small adjustments etc. I felt that any changes that occurred were based on my own ideas (to which she agreed).
Describe the protocols Kemi Nurudeen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with estrogen priming. Followed by second antagonist protocol going above max dose meds (above gonal/ menopur 300)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I was not impressed by the medical assistants at HFI overall. I think they are good at ultrasounds but their bedside manner is severely lacking. I felt like I was bothering them any time I spoke to them in person. I think they only like to be asked q’s over email or the phone. I found them to be very cold (especially compared to my old clinic). On more than one occasion, I was made to feel badly about the scheduling of my appts. I have a tough work schedule and dr nurudeen was made aware of this at our initial consult. She assured me that it wasn’t a problem. The MAs however, felt differently and routinely pointed that out to me. It was clear that though dr nurudeen had said things were fine with my schedule, the MAs were free to make comments to me. I was taken aback on my very first lab visit where one of the MAs pointed at me and said that everyone was stuck there working late because of me. I don’t think the doctors have any control or say really, in how the MAs treat or speak to their patients. From Then on, I knew that this would strictly be a “working relationship” and that these were not staff who I could consider friends or “teammates”
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Seems like a factory The very first thing they say after hello, is the sum of your bill. No real explanation of the bill. Just the sum total. If you have q’s the financial counselor will come up to the front desk and openly state whAt you owe. definitely do privacy The two biggest complaints abo it hfi are the money haggling and impersonal quality. I found both to be true
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute.
Don’t know. Didn’t like how money seemed to be the #1 thing though
Describe Kemi Nurudeen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
We did fresh 3day transfer so 2 embryos Made more sense
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
1. Test results were almost always published appropriately. There were a few rare occassions when they weren’t posted. I was given major attitude the few times I called to ask about them
Memorial Hermann Med Center
he [Dr. Jason Yeh] did not catch a pretty big error that his partner documented on a medical procedure and then took longer than expected to call me to explain...He explained all the statistics for each procedure and answered every question I had. Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule
Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing [at Houston Fertility Institute]. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule a consult with another fertility clinic due to costs of IVF and picked up a copy of my report to fax. That’s when I realized That dr. Bello had documented that I had two normal appearing tubes with normal fill and spill. I called dr. Yehs office immediately and expected a phone call the same day (it was a Friday) and didn’t receive a call until Monday at 5:30pm. I have zero trust in my report and in my doctors and now I have To repeat the entire test again. It was a horrible experience and I will Never go back.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was very compassionate about my recent ruptured ectopic pregnancy and made my husband and I feel Like we would be taken care of very well. We felt safe after having issues with trust from doctors. He explained all the statistics for each procedure and answered every question I had. Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule a consult with another fertility clinic due to costs of IVF and picked up a copy of my report to fax. That’s when I realized That dr. Bello had documented that I had two normal appearing tubes with normal fill and spill. I called dr. Yehs office immediately and expected a phone call the same day (it was a Friday) and didn’t receive a call until Monday at 5:30pm. I have zero trust in my report and in my doctors and now I have To repeat the entire test again. It was a horrible experience and I will Never go back.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Make sure to get copies of all of your reports to verify accuracy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Because he did not catch a pretty big error that his partner documented on a medical procedure and then took longer than expected to call me to explain.
Describe the protocols Jason Yeh used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
He had recommended a estrogen antagonist (I believe) priming instead of a birth control pill start. I was Told that bcp can cause sleepy ovaries and in diminished ovarian reserve it’s not the best, which is why they use an estrogen priming. That’s all we really discussed because I didn't Continue treatment with his office and am going elsewhere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Veronica )
She was very timely and answered me back every time I messaged Or called. She never took long to send my results or respond to my questions either, which was nice.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They have a great portal system, which is nice when sending messages and receiving important paperwork/documents. The appointments are easy to schedule and aren’t far out. They do not have sonographers to do ultrasounds, so it’s either the MA or RN which I find odd. I dont Feel comfortable having someone do an ultrasound on me that doesn’t have the necessary training. As a patient, you are paying a lot of money and I think A trained professional should be doing the scans. I also Had an MA as my “nurse” and it was apparent when I had Questions that she could not answer. They also don’t assign nurses, so you never really know who you are supposed to send messages to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute.
IVF would have cost $13,600 but that’s all I can Remember. I had met my out of pocket max already, so I had Zero copays or out of pocket costs for the initial consult or diagnostic testing, but have zero fertility coverage so that would have been out of pocket.
Describe Jason Yeh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
None since I did Not continue treatment with him.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I had a hysteroscopy with tubal catheterization done and the report originally stated that both of my tubes were normal in appearance and that both of them were functioning correctly (normal fill and spill). I had Just had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and had emergency surgery with a left salpingectomy, which was verified with a pathology report. I do Not have a left tube, yet it was documented that I did. They also had the wrong diagnosis on my report. Because of this, I have To have a repeat HSG on Monday. You need to have trust in your doctors and after this error there is no way I could Trust them again.

Treated 2014 - 2019
I feel like dr Griffith is a very good dr, but after 4 IVF and nothing from it, he seems to add more stuff that he recommends we should do and it's more money and we spent so much money, I'm worried we cant go any further...Clomid, iui, IVF frozen transfers, hysteroscopy, ERA SCRATCH, numerous blood work...after so many visits and transfer I felt like a number, because I feel like it's more money each time, we spend so much and we get no break. Other companies will give you a free cycle after no live birth..Its like a lawyer who keeps taken your money and no results are coming out of it, just more money.
[My protocols at Houston Fertility Institute included] Clomid, iui, IVF frozen transfers, hysteroscopy, ERA SCRATCH, numerous blood work...[the nurse was] Very compassionate, available to call any time, literally gave me her number to text for any questions...I was recommended a ERA, was told my insurance covered it, that I only pay 200, come to find out I couldn't get my results because I owed 800! It took us 7 months to pay that to get my results and move further. I asked on my last transfer in Aug 2019 if I should test my eggs, dr Griffith said no..after the transfer failed he called and says he recommends us testing our eggs, my husband was furious. The cost would be 4500, we cant afford it, so now we are stuck wondering what next.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Griffith is very good bed side manners, he seems like he truly cares. I feel like dr Griffith is a very good dr, but after 4 IVF and nothing from it, he seems to add more stuff that he recommends we should do and it's more money and we spent so much money, I'm worried we cant go any further. I switched from the Willow brook office because the staff at the Woodlands, one particular girl was very rude. A year later I went back to the Woodlands because it was a street down from my job. It seemed much better since they moved that girl from the front to the back.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Great bed side manners
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like a human at 1st, but after so many visits and transfer I felt like a number, because I feel like it's more money each time, we spend so much and we get no break. Other companies will give you a free cycle after no live birth..Its like a lawyer who keeps taken your money and no results are coming out of it, just more money.
Describe the protocols Jason Griffith used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna, kim)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Better staff over the years, weakness would be financial support especially for the ones that dont have IVF insurance. They should have a better IVF treatment plan that is affordable. Be prepared for numerous visits, it may become stressful but it's all worth it at the end.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.
15,000 for IVF 3,500 iui 1 time only Clomid, .. wasn't bad, maybe 20 bucks a month ERA scratch 1000 Hysteroscopy 2,500 Each egg transfer 4,500 x 4 times Egg storage was currently 500, but in 2020 went up to 600
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I had requested for a second opinion at another office after my 2019 failed cycle. Houston fertility never transferred my paper work. I did go see the other dr, I pulled up my profile file work from Houston fertility for her to view, she looked over it and spent several hours reviewing it with me..the only alarming thing was she asked if I had PCOS why wasn't I on something to treat it while doing my transfer, she recommended glucaflage. Another incident at Houston fertility was when I requested for all my work they done on me to send in for a grant, the lady sent me a paper that showed my egg retrieval numbers incorrectly and the quality of eggs I used incorrectly..that scared me a bit. Just recently found out that the frozen eggs we have in storage, that the price is going up..very discourage because money is tight right now. Also I was recommended a ERA, was told my insurance covered it, that I only pay 200, come to find out I couldn't get my results because I owed 800! It took us 7 months to pay that to get my results and move further. I asked on my last transfer in Aug 2019 if I should test my eggs, dr Griffith said no..after the transfer failed he called and says he recommends us testing our eggs, my husband was furious. The cost would be 4500, we cant afford it, so now we are stuck wondering what next.
Woodlands Office
He [Dr. Daniel Williams] can spend a lot of time with you and will answer any of your questions. He's polite and easy to talk to...gave a great, clinical explanation but the whole time he never made a personal connection to our family. I felt like it was not very personal to him. I felt alone instead of feeling a partnership with the doctor's office... was professional, knowledgeable, trust worthy. I didn't feel that this was very special to him, just a part of his routine. He was aware of the fact that I needed him to manage my thyroid after conception.
Renee [nurse at Houston Fertility Institute] was kind of cold. I thought that she didn't like me...She was available to answer my questions and responded to my messages when I complained about the BC pills making me feel bad. She taught me how to perform the shots. She was very helpful, but she lacked empathy...The IUI cost $2600, only the office expenses. That included the office performing blood tests and ultrasounds to monitor the follicle development then perform the IUI. The meds were $1500. That included Gonal F, the "trigger shot", and the progesterone suppositories.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was professional, knowledgeable, trust worthy. I didn't feel that this was very special to him, just a part of his routine. He was aware of the fact that I needed him to manage my thyroid after conception. I saw his associates for my routine tests and ultrasounds on days that he was at other locations. We were not very intimate even though we had a similar background and ethnicity. And I was referred to him but my OBGYN.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Expect to get text book explanation. He can spend a lot of time with you and will answer any of your questions. He's polite and easy to talk to
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams gave a great, clinical explanation but the whole time he never made a personal connection to our family. I felt like it was not very personal to him. I felt alone instead of feeling a partnership with the doctor's office. I blew it off thinking it was just my emotions.
Describe the protocols Daniel Williams used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
First procedure that Dr. Williams recommended for me was a histoscopy. I took BC pills and his nurse performed a transvaginal ultrasound. After receiving my results I was informed that he recommended IUI or IVF and wanted to put me on BC pills until I was ready to proceed. I objected to that option because I took a few months to start the IUI process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Renee Alexander)
Renee was kind of cold. I thought that she didn't like me. I started talking to her about her family to get a smile from her. She was available to answer my questions and responded to my messages when I complained about the BC pills making me feel bad. She taught me how to perform the shots. She was very helpful, but she lacked empathy.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They've got a lot of locations which equals appointments available. The whole staff is polite and professional. I had trouble reaching the financial advisor that I was initially assigned to. I tried to get in touch with her via the office messenge system, but she did not respond. I had to call and speak with someone else. The lab, where the IUI was performed, moved very slowly. I didn't like having to go there to get the histoscopy and later the IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Daniel Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Memorial Hermann Med Center
I had already been diagnosed with PCOS by a previous Fertility doctor, but did not get to start treatment because we moved...She [Dr. Bello] bluntly told us we would be pregnant by the end of the year after she had reviewed my tests and encouraged IUI with injections. When the treatment did not work and I had questions, she just said it was unexplained and very blunt. She didn’t seem like she cared about anything but doing IVF next. I knew I did not feel comfortable continuing treatment with her because she didn’t like to explain much.
The staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] were very friendly and helpful. They were the only good part about the clinic. I only saw two other doctors for ultrasounds and my IUI transfer. They were kind and helpful, more friendly than my actual doctor I picked...We did IUI with injections and progesterone suppositories...They [the nurses] were very kind during office visits and when I called or messaged with questions.
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
She did not seem very empathetic to me as a patient who was new to the treatment procedures. I did not like her way of communicating. She made it seem like it was a open shut case and when it didn’t work she just wanted to try more expensive treatments. She didn’t seem to like all my questions. But if I’m paying money that is from our savings, I want to know you have an understanding of my case and care to help me the most affordable way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Find a doctor who loves their job because of the patients and not the income.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
This was my first time trying treatment. I had already been diagnosed with PCOS by a previous Fertility doctor, but did not get to start treatment because we moved. I was nervous and excited. She bluntly told us we would be pregnant by the end of the year after she had reviewed my tests and encouraged IUI with injections. When the treatment did not work and I had questions, she just said it was unexplained and very blunt. She didn’t seem like she cared about anything but doing IVF next. I knew I did not feel comfortable continuing treatment with her because she didn’t like to explain much.
Describe the protocols Sandra Bello used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We did IUI with injections and progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
They were very kind during office visits and when I called or messaged with questions.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. They were the only good part about the clinic. I only saw two other doctors for ultrasounds and my IUI transfer. They were kind and helpful, more friendly than my actual doctor I picked.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute.
I think $3000 for treatment but that didn’t include my hysteroscopy procedure and medications.
Describe Sandra Bello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
She suggested single embryos transfer but would do double if the patient wanted it.
Kingwood Office
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Griffith was definitely kind but always pushed IVF. I always felt like they were just rotating through patients. I wanted him to find answers as to why my body could not hold the pregnancies, and I knew that he hadn’t come to that conclusion...I asked about my thyroid and other tests that could be performed to figure out why these miscarriages occurred. Dr. Griffith did not feel that looking into anything else would be of benefit.
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] is efficient and gets the job done. I was most bothered by the way they delivered bad news. I felt a lack of empathy, although it could have also been my emotion due to the trauma of each miscarriage...I asked for a phone call from the business office with specifics in regards to IVF treatment... I never received that call which played into my decision to switch clinics.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I was pleased with Dr. Griffith at the beginning of my treatment. After 1 miscarriage, his associate performed a hysteroscopy, and I learned about pre cancerous cells in my body. Dr, Griffith treated me for 2 months and a colleague performed a second hysteroscopy. The pre cancerous cells were gone. I was hopeful that this was the treatment I needed. My husband and I opted for an IUI. Dr. Griffith was extremely optimistic, so I was disappointed when I started my cycle prior to the pregnancy test. The office still had me go in for this test even though I already knew the outcome. We took a break in treatment and got pregnant twice on our own. Both ended in miscarriage, unfortunately. Dr. Griffith told me later the pregnancies were considered chemical pregnancies but did not explain that to me. We went back to Dr. Griffith to discuss IVF. He was ready to start the process. I asked about my thyroid and other tests that could be performed to figure out why these miscarriages occurred. Dr. Griffith did not feel that looking into anything else would be of benefit.
Always get a second opinion.
The office was always busy. Dr. Griffith was definitely kind but always pushed IVF. I always felt like they were just rotating through patients. I wanted him to find answers as to why my body could not hold the pregnancies, and I knew that he hadn’t come to that conclusion. I was afraid to do IVF and have another miscarriage.
For the IUI, I took Gonal F injections. The meds did provide multiple eggs being in play during the IUI. We did the ovidrel trigger shot for ovulation. For whatever reason, the IUI was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff is efficient and gets the job done. I was most bothered by the way they delivered bad news. I felt a lack of empathy, although it could have also been my emotion due to the trauma of each miscarriage.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
This clinic is efficient and has definite procedures and protocol in place. It operates very smoothly, and the doctors work as a team. I got the impression that they provided the same course of testing for each patient rather than looking at each patients specific issues. I also felt that the pricing was high. After I changed doctors, I received an email from someone in the main office. When I explained I had changed clinics, this is when they said they will price match. Overall, I was thankful I switched clinics, although this clinic was more convenient location wise.
I spent $7,000 on fertility diagnostic testing and treatments with this doctor. This includes 2 hysteroscopies, genetic testing, prescription medications, and 1 IUI round.
Describe Jason Griffith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Griffith would only transfer 1 healthy embryo (after PGS testing). If we did not have PGS, then he would transfer up to 3.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I asked for a phone call from the business office with specifics in regards to IVF treatment. I had received paperwork but wanted to speak with someone. The doctor communicated to the nursing staff to contact a certain individual in the business office to call me. I never received that call which played into my decision to switch clinics.
Treated 2014 - 2017
Dr Bello always seemed like she wanted to help me but she never seemed like she could keep the facts about our infertility story straight! So I could never quite trust that she was giving me the correct regimen for IVF. She has a nice personality and seems experienced, but I am really disappointed with her care.... Do not schedule a cycle during a holiday, she will be out of the office and it will cause unnecessary stress!!
The staff at Dr Bello’s offices are TERRIBLE!!!! They made me feel more of a number than Dr Bello did and you rarely saw the same once twice. I would only know I had a primary nurse bc she would send me portal messages the most. I think the staff is the core of Houston Fertility Institutes problems, not to mention the financial staff!!
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
I had to repeat my infertility story to the doctor and staff every single time I went to the office. They never ever seemed to remember!
Poor egg quality and we used husband frozen sperm, we aimed for the second cycle to produce same amount of eggs (5) but of better quality. First cycle contained grainy eggs. Unfortunately, I cannot quite remember the exact protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Clinic is too busy, everyone is a number, the staff don’t communicate with each other so they never quite know what’s going on. We wanted to switch clinics after the first cycle but were locked in because of the finances
About $24,000
Dr Bello didn’t allow us to transfer any embryos that were still splitting at day 3-5, she wanted us to get our moneys worth and not complete a cycle so we could try again.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
We were never quite given enough information. I felt like I had to prob this clinic to try to lead me in the right direction based off my own reading. The financial team mistakenly thought I owed a fee and called me the evening before the procedure and gave unnecessary stress. Turns out we were current in payments and there was miscommunication among their own staff.
Treated 2015 - 2016
There was bad communication between the Dr and Medical Assistants [at Houston Fertility Institute]. MAs need to show more compassion and be more patient when working with insurance companies in placing orders and verifying insurance information. They just fax the order and don't confirm that the drug company received it.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Please show more compassion and understand that patients are already going through a lot. Spend more time answering their questions. Staff needs more training in dealing with patients
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
I would not recommend
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim seemed impatient in spending time to explain the process. He seemed rushed and sometimes defensive when we asked questions about our treatment plan and things we wanted him clarify. Meetings with him seemed rushed. After the first transfer that did not end up in a pregnancy, Dr. Kim (nor staff) did not call to inform us of the results. We went in for the beta test in the morning and waited all day as they promised to call with the results. We logged on to the clinic's portal and found that the results were posted. When we called later in the day, a Medical Assistant told us "I thought you already knew". A few months later when we went through several rounds of tests, the office did not call to inform of us of the results again. After waiting almost a month, we again found the results through the patient portal and called the office. Another Medical Assistant tried to explain the results to us and recommended a treatment plan which was totally different from what we had discussed with Dr. Kim. Clearly, there isn't good coordination with the staff and Dr. The service provided wasn't personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa Jones and Joy Nguyen)
1- There was bad communication between the Dr and Medical Assistants. MAs need to show more compassion and be more patient when working with insurance companies in placing orders and verifying insurance information. They just fax the order and don't confirm that the drug company received it. I had to call the office several times and do a 3-way call with the Medical Assistant and drug company. MA seemed annoyed. 2- They need to better coordinate with hospitals for surgery scheduling. 3- MAs/Staff should be professional when dealing with patients. Do not address patients as "sweetie, hun, etc."
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Clinic was clean, i loved that they all services (blood tests, etc) were on site. They do a good job of explaining costs and working with a financial counselor. Wait time is very short
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute.
Drugs - $7-8K Facility Costs - $8K Insurance Covered Costs - > $13k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
- Failed to call in drug to Express Scripts. Order was faxed and drug company could not confirm the order - Failed to call us with results
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Griffith is very warm. He truly seems to care about my husband and me. He never became annoyed by our barrage of questions, and he was always happy to explain processes....I didn't see Dr. Griffith as often as I would've liked. The times I did see him, he was fully present and always kind. I do wish he had performed the egg retrievals, however. Despite two failed IVF cycles, we did learn so much from the tests Dr. Griffith insisted we undergo...Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. Dr. Griffith will address them all, and he's remarkably comforting.
The phlebotomists and the nurses [at Houston Fertility Institute] were great. Especially, Daisy. My care coordinator was sometimes very short with me without provocation....Unfortunately, the billing department leaves a lot to be desired. If your cycle fails, you're supposed to be covered by the HFI Assurance - meaning that your next cycle will be free of physician's fees. Both of my cycles failed, by the way. Before my second cycle (Sept. '16), the billing department tried to charge us for the full amount including the doctor's fees. I spoke to a couple of people, and eventually, it was straightened out...There were a couple of times during my second cycle where I wasn't given instructions. I had to call to remind them.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I didn't see Dr. Griffith as often as I would've liked. The times I did see him, he was fully present and always kind. I do wish he had performed the egg retrievals, however. Despite two failed IVF cycles, we did learn so much from the tests Dr. Griffith insisted we undergo. We learned that I have MTHFR and a clotting disorder. That information has helped us maintain my current natural (completely spontaneous) pregnancy that occurred mere months after our last failed cycle. I'm so grateful!
I don't recall the exact protocol, but I took Bravelle, Menopur, and Ovidrel before my retrieval. I had approximately 11 follicles that looked promising, but only 5 eggs were retrieved. Three of the eggs were mature, and only two fertilized. Only one egg made it to day 5, and it was frozen. I had responded well to stims for an IUI at another clinic so he thought it would go well. After the failed transfer, Dr. Griffith spoke to us again and said he'd introduce Lupron and an antagonist protocol should we decide on round 2. With round 2, we used Lupron, Menopur, and Gonal-f. We had 10 follicles. We ended up with 2 poor quality 3-day embryos. Unfortunately, they didn't take.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Fernandez)
The phlebotomists and the nurses were great. Especially, Daisy. My care coordinator was sometimes very short with me without provocation.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
There are multiple branches, but I frequented the Willowbrook location. It's clean, and seems to be run pretty efficiently. There's never a long wait. Unfortunately, the billing department leaves a lot to be desired. If your cycle fails, you're supposed to be covered by the HFI Assurance - meaning that your next cycle will be free of physician's fees. Both of my cycles failed, by the way. Before my second cycle (Sept. '16), the billing department tried to charge us for the full amount including the doctor's fees. I spoke to a couple of people, and eventually, it was straightened out. I was assured that it was the last we'd hear of the extra fees. Fast forward to March '17 when I received more bills for the physician's fees. I had to talk to two more people to get things straightened out. I was told that I do not owe any physician's fees, and hopefully this will be the last time I get billed. We'll see...
$25k - this includes one IVF cycle and unlimited frozen transfers as well as meds.
Willowbrook Office
Treated 2013 - 2016
Dr. Haddad was nice, but you never saw him during your visits during your treatment. You feel like you are just a person on a piece of paper. No real personal care. Although I like this office and the nurses their was not a lot of personal interest...Overall the treatment plan was easy to follow and communicated when they said they would. I believe the protocol was much improved compared to my previous IVF dr. You do not have input, but it appeared to be effective.
[Houston Fertility Institute was] Strong on nursing staff and communication through the patient portal. Weakness in personal care of the patient that is spending a lot of money and emotion. I have felt like they did not know me and I had spent several years in their offices under treatment... If you want personal touch and experience this is not the office for you. The procedures and communication with electric options are clear, but you are disconnect through the process in its entire dealings. I have had many procedures with costly out of pocket costs but they do not care.
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
The office's were in great location and easy to get in and out. Dr. Haddad was nice, but you never saw him during your visits during your treatment. You feel like you are just a person on a piece of paper. No real personal care. Although I like this office and the nurses their was not a lot of personal interest.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
Understand the expectation of this office prior. If you want personal touch and experience this is not the office for you. The procedures and communication with electric options are clear, but you are disconnect through the process in its entire dealings. I have had many procedures with costly out of pocket costs but they do not care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
This office has some pros and cons. The office you could get in and out of the office quickly, but you almost never saw the Dr. that was in charge of your cycle.
Describe the protocols Gus Haddad used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
At this office you deal with the nursing staff more so than ANY of the Dr.'s. I have been to several of the offices and they all work in a similar fashion. The nurses is whom you always were in contact with for treatment guidelines, questions and overall details.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strong on nursing staff and communication through the patient portal. Weakness in personal care of the patient that is spending a lot of money and emotion. I have felt like they did not know me and I had spent several years in their offices under treatment. When going through infertility you need compassion and this office lacks this. It almost felt like it was a society of people and who you knew.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute.
Very expensive but expect this is a normal expectation.
Investor
On our first round of IVF [with Dr. Craig Witz], we had a lot of eggs retrieved (~12 embryos) but then very low quality. Most eggs stopped growing after day 3. Only one egg passed genetic testing and it was a 7 day egg. Now we know most clinics would not have transferred this egg due to low quality. Instead, Dr. Witz encouraged us to do so. When this was unsuccessful, he told us on the next attempt, we could add growth hormone to improve egg quality. Once the next procedure protocol was established, Dr. Witz did not prescribe growth hormone. When we discussed this with him, he told us due to FDA scrutiny, fertility clinics were no longer using growth hormone and we'd have to go to Europe to get it. So we proceeded with a 2nd round of egg retrieval without it. Again, we had a large number of eggs / embryos, but they did not make it past day 3. We were left with only one 7 day embryo that passed genetic testing. Again, Dr. Witz encouraged us to transfer this egg. So we went through the time/stress/expense to transfer it with yet again a bad result. We have since learned that most other fertility clinics across the U.S. still use growth hormone. We used it on our next egg retrieval round in Colorado and had excellent results (6 very high quality embryos resulting in one live birth - our daughter). I believe HFI is now using growth hormone again. During procedures, Dr. Witz seemed more interested in the music we wanted played than explaining the procedure itself. He may have been trying to get us to relax but it felt strange.
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] was extremely busy and did a poor job of communicating the process to me or displaying that they cared about what we were going through. In particular, I think they do a poor job of communicating with out of town patient. Maybe an in town patient experience would be better. I frequently could not get through to the nurse to ask questions in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
This clinic was a complete waste of time and we felt misguided throughout the process. On our first round of IVF, we had a lot of eggs retrieved (~12 embryos) but then very low quality. Most eggs stopped growing after day 3. Only one egg passed genetic testing and it was a 7 day egg. Now we know most clinics would not have transferred this egg due to low quality. Instead, Dr. Witz encouraged us to do so. When this was unsuccessful, he told us on the next attempt, we could add growth hormone to improve egg quality. Once the next procedure protocol was established, Dr. Witz did not prescribe growth hormone. When we discussed this with him, he told us due to FDA scrutiny, fertility clinics were no longer using growth hormone and we'd have to go to Europe to get it. So we proceeded with a 2nd round of egg retrieval without it. Again, we had a large number of eggs / embryos, but they did not make it past day 3. We were left with only one 7 day embryo that passed genetic testing. Again, Dr. Witz encouraged us to transfer this egg. So we went through the time/stress/expense to transfer it with yet again a bad result. We have since learned that most other fertility clinics across the U.S. still use growth hormone. We used it on our next egg retrieval round in Colorado and had excellent results (6 very high quality embryos resulting in one live birth - our daughter). I believe HFI is now using growth hormone again. During procedures, Dr. Witz seemed more interested in the music we wanted played than explaining the procedure itself. He may have been trying to get us to relax but it felt strange.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
If you are older or have egg quality issues, ask him to use growth hormone during the first attempt. If you have a 7 day egg that passes genetic testing (or a low quality egg), don't bother to transfer it. Freeze it and go for another retrieval.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
The clinic was extremely busy and did a poor job of communicating the process to me or displaying that they cared about what we were going through. In particular, I think they do a poor job of communicating with out of town patient. Maybe an in town patient experience would be better. I frequently could not get through to the nurse to ask questions in a timely manner.
Describe the protocols Craig Witz used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Our protocol felt very cookie cutter. He didn't make adjustments during the process based on how fast our eggs were growing or that were specific to our issue - poor egg quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
We were initially assigned a relatively new nurse who was horrible - she was not compassionate and over-worked. She also didn't have answers to our basic questions but always stated that the doctor wasn't available to answer them. The 2nd nurse was someone who had been at the clinic a long time and was much more understanding and knowledgable. Although you could tell she was also overworked and had limited time.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It was a nice clinic but the staff seemed overworked.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.
The first round of IVF was between $15 and $20k, I can't remember exactly. If you get genetic testing (PGS), I think it was $5k and that covered 10 eggs. If your first round doesn't work, you get a discount on the 2nd round, so I think that was more about $10k to $12k.
Describe Craig Witz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
We knew for certain we only wanted to transfer one embryo (and we never had more than one at HFI) so this wasn't discussed.
Treated 2014
She [Dr Sandra Bello] recommended IVF instantly because she stated she was in the business of getting people pregnant. Although I admire that advice, she mentioned this in our very first fertility visit without discussing other options, our thoughts or finances. We agreed on IUI first and only went through one treatment with Dr. Bello and her office. We felt like we were treated as a number only and did not find the process to be a good one. Our results were negative.
In my opinion, we were treated like a number [at Houston Fertility Institute] because of the assumption we were a basic case and the Doctor felt that we would get pregnant very easily with IUI immediately...Each nurse did what they needed to do and then left, barely even a hello. The majority of the time they ended the visit with "check your portal for more information" versus giving me an idea of what to expect.
How was your experience with Sandra Bello at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Bello was the first fertility doctor we visited. I did not feel like she took us seriously perhaps due to age or feeling that our case was very simple in her opinion. She did not provide the detail I was looking for and was very hurried in many cases. She is a pleasant person, but not what I was looking for as far as compassion.
If your issue is a simple one to fix, she may be good for you and if you're not looking for in depth conversations then give her a try.
In my opinion, we were treated like a number because of the assumption we were a basic case and the Doctor felt that we would get pregnant very easily with IUI immediately.
She recommended IVF instantly because she stated she was in the business of getting people pregnant. Although I admire that advice, she mentioned this in our very first fertility visit without discussing other options, our thoughts or finances. We agreed on IUI first and only went through one treatment with Dr. Bello and her office. We felt like we were treated as a number only and did not find the process to be a good one. Our results were negative.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Again, we felt we were treated as a number, especially when going to the follow up appointments. When we had to do the blood draw and ultrasound they would direct me by saying "room 2 then room 4" and expect me to know where I was going and who I was going to see. Each nurse did what they needed to do and then left, barely even a hello. The majority of the time they ended the visit with "check your portal for more information" versus giving me an idea of what to expect.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I never got to meet with anyone in their finance group, this was all done over the phone with made things a little more difficult to grasp. Although I do not feel their staff is very friendly, I can understand that the end result is to get pregnant and if one can overlook their weaknesses and find a doctor they like, I would say to try this clinic as I have heard of many success stories with them. I did notice their cash prices were a little higher than my current clinic.
We felt the cost was high now that we have changed clinics and they always required payment up front versus after the service. I did not feel we were given a lot of information upfront on the costs.
Treated 2012 - 2016
The doctor [Dr. Sonja Kristiansen] was successful in helping me get pregnant with my first son in 2012, however when we tried again in 2015/2016, I spent 8+ trying and the treatments did change slightly. She did not suggest IVF until after 4-5 unsuccessful attempts at using the medication and intercourse method.... She did not spend much time talking to me about what to expect. Her office staff did most of the communication.
[Houston Fertility Institute's] Weaknesses: communication with patients regarding patient protocols was poor. It was always unclear which medications to take at what dosage and at what time. Strengths: they offer early morning and lunch-time appointments... $7,000 to convert a stimulation cycle into a one-time IVF try. I think I spent at least $3,000-5,000 on medications ahead of time.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute?
The doctor was successful in helping me get pregnant with my first son in 2012, however when we tried again in 2015/2016, I spent 8+ trying and the treatments did change slightly. She did not suggest IVF until after 4-5 unsuccessful attempts at using the medication and intercourse method.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She is nice but you will not see her very often.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Sonja Kristiansen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I used Gonal F, Menopur and Ovidrel to get pregnant the first time (when I was 34 years old). The second time, I was 38 years old, and we used the same stuff but added the progesterone shots and Estradiol pills.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Poor communication to patients. They would call and start riddling off instructions before I was ready to write anything down. They also confused me with how to fill prescriptions.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Sonja Kristiansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
She said it was completely my choice. I chose to go with one.
Sonja Kristiansen
Treated 2015
Also, I feel like the clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] treated this more as my problem and not a joint problem for both myself and my husband. They did not run any extra tests on my husband except the initial semen analysis that my Gyn had asked for. Of course that does not include the analysis from samples for the IUI's.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim was very nice, but I do not think he communicated effectively during my treatment. As a younger patient, I was confused and did not understand why the treatments were not working. He seems to take a laid back approach, and I feel that with fertility treatments there should be a sense of urgency. Also, I feel like the clinic treated this more as my problem and not a joint problem for both myself and my husband. They did not run any extra tests on my husband except the initial semen analysis that my Gyn had asked for. Of course that does not include the analysis from samples for the IUI's.
It would be nice to have him explain in more detail each step of treatment.
Dr. Kim was very friendly in discussing my care to both me ans my husband.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kim used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
He did not recommend a specific protocol or treatment. He just suggested clomid use for the first IUI cycle and I did not respond like I should have. So for the second cycle, I pushed for the injections, otherwise he would have continued with just clomid.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The main office staff was friendly to speak to over the phone. There are several locations so it makes it difficult to get comfortable with the staff. I mostly used the medical center, gessner, and katy locations.
It was very expensive, and all we got in the form of help was info on how to take out loans.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I feel that in the second IUI cycle I wasn't taken as seriously as I should have been. I ended up ovulating before the scheduled IUI because the clinic took too long.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Mazen Abdullah] said due to my quality we'd transfer 2...I was never contacted unless I asked a question. I only saw him twice, consult and after failed retrieval...He was a poor communicator and spoke very fast. He mumbled...I felt that he pushed for donor eggs because that was easier for him to get a success. He was very mellow which is nice but I didn't feel important. There was no enthusiasm in his work...IUI was gonal alone with a trigger. We had several follicles but it didn't work. I was not explained the reason for the protocol until I asked a nurse.
IUI [at Houston Fertility Institute] was gonal alone with a trigger. We had several follicles but it didn't work. I was not explained the reason for the protocol until I asked a nurse...She [nurse] is very kind and responds fairly quickly...The IUI was around $2k...Strengths- multiple office locations, no matter where your doctor is stationed you can go to any location, generally well organized. Weakness- not very personal care, staff seems to turn over, patient load is too high...I was never contacted unless I asked a question. I only saw him [Dr. Mazen Abdullah] twice, consult and after failed retrieval.
How was your experience with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was a poor communicator and spoke very fast. He mumbled and his accent is very strong. I felt that he pushed for donor eggs because that was easier for him to get a success. He was very mellow which is nice but I didn't feel important. There was no enthusiasm in his work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Interview him and other doctors. If you choose him, don't expect to see him but once and tell him to speak slower.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Mazen Abdallah used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The Cypress office has 1 nurse left from when I went there. She is very kind and responds fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute.
The IUI was around $2k. IVF was covered via insurance.
Describe Mazen Abdallah's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He said due to my quality we'd transfer 2.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
Prescription needed to be called in, in a timely manner and wasn't.

Treated 2015
I felt like I was being forced into IVF vs. being able to discuss all options, even when they didn't have my records or test results back yet. It came off as either do IVF, or never have a child. Which, if my test results indicated that, it would be one thing. But it felt very rushed and like there was no interest in what was actually going on with me.
We were looking to move to Dr. Witz [of Houston Fertility Institute], unfortunately I felt like just a number in their system looking for a quick result. They didn't even have all of my medical records from my previous clinic before make extreme suggestions on next steps. It felt like instead of being interested in me as a patient, they were interested in me as a number or $$.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be assertive in what you want, or what you expect. You are your own advocate, and need to stand up for yourself. You do have choices in treatment options, or at least the choice to discuss the pro's and con's of all of them.
We were looking to move to Dr. Witz, unfortunately I felt like just a number in their system looking for a quick result. They didn't even have all of my medical records from my previous clinic before make extreme suggestions on next steps. It felt like instead of being interested in me as a patient, they were interested in me as a number or $$.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic was nice, and the staff appeared to be nice. Their billing department was not as helpful as I was expecting in helping to understand the different costs associated with treatments.
IUI's started at $2,000+, IVF was significantly more expensive then other clinics in the area.
Webster Office
Although Dr. Steward was very informative when you do see him, most of the time you just see the nurses.... When I am able to speak to Dr. Steward then I get plenty of information that I need. He explains everything very well. He is honest with what my #s were like. The complaint I mainly have is that I don't see him at every visit so if I had any questions, I would ask the nurse... I would ask how often you would see the Dr out of all the visits once you start treatment.
You have to pay for parking [at Houston Fertility Institute] each time you visit. Keep in mind that once you start your injections, that's every other day. The good thing is that they really dont make you wait that long each visit but cost can add up. No, they don't validate either.... If I mad made it to egg retrieval then the total cost would have been about 27k. Since I didn't make it to that point, the medication and pre-pay to Dr was about 17k
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Ryan Steward used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I just remember after the initial blood drawing, and when the injections started..there were visits every other day thereafter. I didn't make it to egg retrieval as my #s weren't looking good.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Some were really nice and some were nice as well but just not as nice.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
You have to pay for parking each time you visit. Keep in mind that once you start your injections, that's every other day. The good thing is that they really dont make you wait that long each visit but cost can add up. No, they don't validate either.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute.
If I mad made it to egg retrieval then the total cost would have been about 27k. Since I didn't make it to that point, the medication and pre-pay to Dr was about 17k which I believe I still have a credit (nurse mentioned) with the Dr since the treatment was not completed. I haven't heard anything about that yet.

Treated 2015 - 2016
I felt like a number due to after finding out I had one tube blocked he [Dr. Jonathan Kim] automatically said we needed to do IVF. We explained we didn't have the funds to do IVF that we would like to start from the basics of taking cloimid and looking into IUI. He told us it would be a waste of time and to go back to my OBGYN to get the clomid...Doctor was good as far as sending us for test and doing the consult. Once test were done and results were on the table we felt he didn't want to do anything to help us if we weren't going to do IVF right off the bat.
Clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] was clean and staff members were nice and helpful when we talked with them. Majority of the communicating is through the portal though. That is sometimes a down fall. Testing is scheduled through the portal as well...Doctor [Dr. Kim] was good as far as sending us for test and doing the consult. Once test were done and results were on the table we felt he didn't want to do anything to help us if we weren't going to do IVF right off the bat.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Stand your ground on treatment if your wanting to start with Clomid or IUI. Don't let him tell you to go back to your OBGYN for the medicine.
I felt like a number due to after finding out I had one tube blocked he automatically said we needed to do IVF. We explained we didn't have the funds to do IVF that we would like to start from the basics of taking cloimid and looking into IUI. He told us it would be a waste of time and to go back to my OBGYN to get the clomid.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Clinic was clean and staff members were nice and helpful when we talked with them. Majority of the communicating is through the portal though. That is sometimes a down fall. Testing is scheduled through the portal as well.
Sugar Land Office

Treated 2017
She [Dr. Kemi Nurudeen] listened to me, answered all my questions. I was not sure of some of her recommendations though. I met her in person only twice through out my IUI's. Most of my conversations with her were on the phone.... 3 IUI cycles with letrozole. Initially 5 mg daily and the next two were 7.5 mg daily. Also was started on levothyroxine for subclinical hypothyroidism.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She listened to me, answered all my questions. I was not sure of some of her recommendations though. I met her in person only twice through out my IUI's. Most of my conversations with her were on the phone.
educate yourself prior to your visit so you can ask pertinent questions and feel like you had a productive conversation.
strong preference for single embryo transfer for someone my age.