Josh Skorupski

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380
281-681-0480

Treated 2017 - 2019
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. ... After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. ... Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her.
The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them ... Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time.
How was your experience with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hoff is a sweet person and extremely compassionate. After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. During my "wins" (one chemical and one miscarriage) we celebrated together my positive betas and was always willing to talk to us if we didn't have positive betas. I felt that she was really on my team when it came to my results. As far as the not-so-good, she was not very proactive regarding our treatment. We had to bring a treatment option to her that was not offered to us and was extremely simple (freezing sperm to mix with a fresh sample for an IUI). Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her. Dr. Hoff is an extremely positive person so all of our conversations centered around what could go right in the future, and not what was going wrong right now. It was comforting to have her reassurance but I think I really could have used more professional guidance on the actual problems we were having.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be your own advocate and research your own treatment options. Ask "why" ALWAYS because she won't tell you or give you a vague answer. A lot of times the answer really is vague, but sometimes it's not....but you aren't given any details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. It was a little frustrating because we didn't go to medical school for this.
Describe the protocols Heather Hoff used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Before cycling I had a hysteroscopy and my husband had a SA to determine where we were. Hoff said my hysteroscopy results came back perfect, but when I looked in my surgery report it said that the biopsy result they took was not positive for inflammation, but contained "pre-inflammation" or something. I was never told this by Hoff as she said everything looked good so I believed her. My husband's SA came back a little less than perfect but she said it was adequate for an IUI even though it had less than 1% morphology. IUI #1-- I used Clomid and regular monitoring. The last monitoring appointment I went to they said I had already ovulated and instructed me NOT to use my Ovidrel trigger but to have sex that evening and then come in for an IUI next day. I did so and during my TWW I used Endometrin vaginally 1x a day. after my TWW I had a positive beta of 16. The next beta it fell to 5, resulting in a chemical pregnancy. IUI #2- Same exact protocol as IUI #1 except I did use my Ovidrel trigger this time. Husband's sample day of IUI was extremely poor. We asked Hoff about this and she said he may have had an infection three months prior. Results were a negative beta. IUI #3- Changed protocols by switching to Letrozole with another Ovidrel trigger. I responded well to the Letrozole. This cycle we brought up the option of freezing samples beforehand and mixing them with fresh samples to get better counts. This resulted in better counts but ended in another negative beta. IUI #4- Protocol was not changed at all and ended in a missed chemical pregnancy (positive HPT but negative beta.) IUI #5- Same as previous protocol. In November of 2018 I became pregnant naturally. I went to see Hoff for my betas and eventual scans. My progesterone was not at the level they wanted so they kept increasing it. Eventually I was on Endometrin 3x daily and oral progesterone 3x daily. No heartbeat ever developed and I had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I loved the nurses at my branch of HFI (Katy.) They were communicative and really compassionate. I have trouble with vaginal ultrasounds and Vanessa was extremely respectful of this. I felt really comfortable with her doing my scans. The nurses calmed me down a lot when I had problems and were often a better source of quick information than the Internet!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI has lots of locations and there was one ten minutes from my house on the way to my office. The offices are nice, new and comfortable. The staff is nice at certain locations. Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time. All procedures are performed at the Piney Point location ONLY, so I had to travel into Houston directly every time I had an IUI. That is pretty annoying. They are one of the more expensive clinics in Houston. A single cycle with meds and PGS will run you about $20,000 - $30,000. The payment options are meager at best. The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute.
IUIs were about $1,500 each and meds were another $300-400.
Describe Heather Hoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
No embryo experience with Hoff.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
Had a bit of trouble getting the clinic to send oral prescriptions to my local pharmacy instead of the mail-order one they use for IVF meds.
Katy Office
I only saw him [Dr. Griffith] at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored...He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress...He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience...he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K [at Houston Fertility Institute]...If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear...nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard...The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Griffith. I had gone through my first IVF cycle with another clinic which resulted in 0 normal embryos to transfer and that doctor didn't seem to show any compassion or care in my results. Knowing that we could only afford to pay for one additional cycle, I did extensive research with varying clinics and met with 5 new RE's. Dr. Griffith was the last RE I met with and he immediately put me at ease. I had a long list of questions regarding my failed cycle and had done my own research regarding what may help in a second. He patiently answered all my questions and backed up all my research with data of his own. Once the cycle started, I only saw him at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored. His nurses were there to help relay any questions I had quickly to him to answer. He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress. He did not perform my egg retrieval but I knew that going into the cycle. I did have some minor complications after the retrieval which required a trip to the ER. I notified the clinic of my symptoms and ER visit and they quickly had me come in to be evaluated by Dr. Griffith even though everything had been resolved. He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience. I couldn't have chosen a better doctor for my IVF journey. My only wish is that I had come to him the first time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I think being understanding that you are not going to see Dr. Griffith at every appointment. I saw him for my consultation and during my stimulation period to confirm progress prior to retrieval. He did not perform my retrieval but I knew that beforehand so I was comfortable with it. He did perform my transfer and performed my US the day my pregnancy was confirmed in the clinic. He also performed my last US the day I graduated from the clinic. It was apparent to me that Dr. Griffith had a large amount of patients he was treating and that almost made me more comfortable in my decision to use him in that he was in such high demand. Even though I did not see him every appointment, I never had any issues in having my questions answered by him quickly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith and the nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard. Though I did not see Dr. Griffith every visit, if I had any questions regarding my cycle/treatment, I was able to get quick answers from him. The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
Describe the protocols Jason Griffith used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Protocol was important to me and one of the reasons why I chose Dr. Griffith. After speaking with 5 different RE's, Dr. Griffith was one of two that offered a different protocol than the one I had previously used which resulted in a failed cycle. My first cycle was an antagonist protocol using a combination of Gonal-F and Menopur. I had a slow start (only a few follicles showing) so my Gonal dosage was increased on day 4. I ended up with 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature. Of those, only 7 fertilized and I ended up with 4 embryos (3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic). Since I did not have any normal embryos to transfer, the cycle ended. I took these results to Dr. Griffith and he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna & Leah)
The nurses and coordinators at HFI Willowbrook are amazing! I spoke and met with Jenna/Leah mostly and they both were always very sweet, answered my questions, and were personable and kind with our interactions. They always put me at ease and were supportive throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I think overall the clinic was great! They were always very clear in communications. If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear. I would only say it would be nice to have the option of the consent forms for you and your partner to be signed electronically off site. That really is my only suggestion. Everything else was great!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K.
Describe Jason Griffith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
This was my choice really. I was against multiple embryo transfer and Dr. Griffith supported my choice and never suggested anything other than an eSET.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Initially I went for a consultation about egg retrieval and Dr Williams fully explained the process and how it would work at HFI. ... He gave me my options and helped me to understand them fully so I could make the best decision possible given my circumstances. When the first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy (and I was sad/mad/confused), he displayed empathy, encouraged me and adjusted my plan to move forward.
I knew after the first meeting with Dr Williams that HFI utilizes a team approach, which makes sense given the time intensive nature of the fertility business. I saw multiple doctors during my time there .... They [nurses] were great to work with and were responsive to all of my communication, whether it was in person, via email or phone. They were professional when delivering results, both good and bad. They took some verbal frustrations from me in stride, and encouraged me in the right way.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Initially I went for a consultation about egg retrieval and Dr Williams fully explained the process and how it would work at HFI. A few months later I returned ready to move forward with the goal of having a baby on my own. We started with IUI's and ultimately moved on to IVF. He gave me my options and helped me to understand them fully so I could make the best decision possible given my circumstances. When the first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy (and I was sad/mad/confused), he displayed empathy, encouraged me and adjusted my plan to move forward. My second transfer was successful and he and his staff were elated for me and celebrated each week until I 'graduated' to my OB. I felt well cared for at every step and look forward to repeating the process with him in the next couple of years.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Communicate and Trust. There are a lot of options when you start the journey, talk to Dr Williams about your concerns and ask any questions. He will explain things to you so you can make the best decision for your family. Trust that he wants the same outcome that you do, and know that he's working to make your dreams come true.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
I was supported through my entire journey - and it was a roller coaster of elation and disappointment. Dr Williams and his staff responded to my questions with detailed information, compassion and professionalism. I received phone calls when I thought something wasn't right (there was an issue with a study I was supposed to be a part of that didn't happen, but Dr Williams was not at fault), he walked me through my options and different stages of treatment, and helped me to land on the best path forward given my preferences and desired ultimate outcome.
Describe the protocols Daniel Williams used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
1. Hysteroscopy: Found that both of my tubes were blocked, but they were able to get them unblocked during the procedure. This was crucial prior to moving onto my IUI treatment. 2. IUI's (2 times): Femara (oral med) + Ovidrel (injectible): Neither one was successful 3. Egg Retrieval: Menopur (150iu); Cetrotide .(.25 mg) Ovidrel (250 mcg) Follistim AQ (150IU ) - 19 eggs retrieved, 13 mature, 9 fertilized, 6 blastocysts; PGS testing - 3 normal, 2 abnormal, 1 inconclusive 4. FET #1: Desogen; Prednisone 10mg (2 x/day x 4 days starting 1 day before ET); Minivelle Patch 0.1mg (place 3 patch on the skin and change every 3 days); Estrace 2 mg - Tablets; PIO Shots. Once chemical pregnancy was confirmed, I had to take methotrexate to stop cell division. My HCG numbers were crawling upwards, but absolutely not to the point that it could've at all been a viable pregnancy. It took at least two weeks to confirm (which was the worst period of the entire journey), because he didn't want to call it too soon. My number never went above 400 though, so they couldn't see anything on an ultrasound, but with the numbers creeping up, cell division was happening somewhere, and we needed to end it in case it was an eptopic pregnancy. I then had to wait until my HCG numbers came back down to 0 for us to begin discussing how to best move forward. I was very frustrated because I'd transferred PGS tested embryo and it implanted, so I didn't understand why the pregnancy wasn't successful. Dr Williams explained that I was in a very low percentage of people that unfortunately experience a chemical pregnancy for an unknown reason. 4. FET #2: I used the same protocol as FET #1, but added Lovenox 40mg/0.4ml mg/dl - Injection. His reasoning was that it could potentially help, but certainly couldn't hurt. And he knew I wanted to do something more in hopes of a successful outcome with FET #2. This one worked! I stayed on PIO and estrogen through Week 10 of my pregnancy. I went for weekly visits with Dr Williams through Week 12.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I had three nurses during my time there - Patricia, Connie and Joy. They were great to work with and were responsive to all of my communication, whether it was in person, via email or phone. They were professional when delivering results, both good and bad. They took some verbal frustrations from me in stride, and encouraged me in the right way.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I had no idea what to expect going into the process, but it was a great experience overall. I knew after the first meeting with Dr Williams that HFI utilizes a team approach, which makes sense given the time intensive nature of the fertility business. I saw multiple doctors during my time there - from the hysteroscopy (Dr. Bello), to the egg retrieval (Dr. Kim) to the embryo transfers (both performed by Dr. Williams). I also had a bleeding scare on a Sunday morning and had to call the emergency line, and I got a call back from the Dr on call (Dr. Bello) who had me come in for an ultrasound right away (everything was ok). It was great to know that no matter what the issue could be, there was someone available to handle it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.
IUI's (including medications covered by insurance): $1700 IVF (including medications covered by insurance, egg retrieval, FET #1 and monitoring): $13k PGS Testing: $5k FET #2 (including medications covered by insurance and monitoring): $5k
Describe Daniel Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I preferred a single transfer as I did not want to chance having multiples, so there was never a debate as to how many to transfer. He preferred transferring a single embryo, as did I.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Due to diminished ovarian reserve, age and a low AMH Dr. Griffith put us on a very intensive hormone protocol. I was unresponsive the first time around so he adjusted the protocol completely for the second time which was more successful. He also had us on several supplements. Currently, we are waiting and hoping to start the third round after taking a few months off to add in some holistic approaches.
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] provided excellent explanations of steps, the process, medications, and were available to answer my call whenever I needed something. From the moment you walk into the office, the staff is smiley and take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He has a strong knowledge and wide experience base. There were a few times where I felt things could be communicated more clearly and that all options explained. However, he was willing to spend the time with us that we needed to ask any and all questions we had to ease any uncertainty or anxiety, and for this, I am truly grateful.
Ask any and all questions you may have. Do not hesitate to also inquire about supplements, holistic methods and current research with him. He is always willing to chat about all options.
The entire office team is amazing! We had many consult appointments with Dr. Griffith as well to determine course of action along the way. Every interaction was excellent from the whole team. They all take an interest in you and focus not just on the medical side of things but also you as a person and a couple.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff is AMAZING! They provided excellent explanations of steps, the process, medications, and were available to answer my call whenever I needed something. From the moment you walk into the office, the staff is smiley and take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient. Even when the news was sad, they took the time to make sure you understood the information and that you were ok. I actually enjoyed going for my appointments, which were often!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is a welcoming place. They are flexible with schedules and work with you. I work in the school system so they were wonderful scheduling my appointments around my crazy schedule. One thing to note is that blood work is done in the morning but results are received that same day which is really nice!
over $20,000 for 1 cycle
Treated 2019 - 2020
NO matter how dumb your questions sound, don't worry...DR.Yeh has patience for us and will not let you leave unless all your questions are answered...Since day 1 it was clear my cycles were irregular, we went straight to ultrasounds. He said it was recommended to have a hysteroscopy done before we tried any kind of treatment...I felt like he has been the only Dr. who was able to find my problem. He was the 1st fertility Dr. i saw but since i was little ihad signs of PCOS and my Drs never seemed to figure it out. HE was amazing!!!! I have recomended him to a few friends.
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] were very patient and answered all my questions. They have a patient portal to where we as patients can message them directly with questions. if they had the time to give me a call they would...IUI cost between 1200-4000 IVF cost 14000-30000. That was not including the medication needed...everyone has a smile at all times. They offer water and even crackers if yo go on an empty stomach.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
NO matter how dumb your questions sound, don't worry DR. Yeh has patience for us and will not let you leave unless all your questions are answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Yeh listened to me no matter how dumb or simple my questions would be. He knew what to say
Describe the protocols Jason Yeh used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Since day 1 it was clear my cycles were irregular, we went straight to ultrasounds. He said it was recommended to have a hysteroscopy done before we tried any kind of treatment. While waiting for my hysteroscopy appointment we did blood and urine tests and found out i had PCOS, which made it hard for me to ovulate, after that my husband and i wanted IUI treatment but unfortunately when dong the hysteroscopy we found out my tubes were blocked, leaving us with only IVF as our only option. Due to the pandemic i haven't worked for a few months and in order to gather such an amount of money for IVF makes me feel sad. Already knowing i need such a treatment to conceive makes me feel less of a woman!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira Casttleberry)
They were very patient and answered all my questions. They have a patient portal to where we as patients can message them directly with questions. if they had the time to give me a call they would
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I honestly felt that they were great as they are now. I don't think they need to change anything. From walking in, to being called back, to the DR the staff everyone has a smile at all times. They offer water and even crackers if yo go on an empty stomach.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Jason Yeh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He mentioned i was high on egg production. He said while taking the eggs out they would try to take as many as they can at once in case it did't work the 1st time.
Treated 2020
I had extensive blood work done [with Dr. Jason Griffith] and all has come back normal except my vitamin d levels. I was called by his office and given specifics on where to get the supplement and how much to take for how long. I am going to be doing a hysteroscopy soon...bedside manner is amazing. He is real with you, but also gentle and provides hope towards whatever the route will be to our bringing a baby home.
The nurses I have dealt with [at Houston Fertility Institute] have all been very informative and very helpful. They are gentle with me as I go through this process...I see nothing weak about this clinic. So far they are on top of everything and careful with my feelings and my testing has been scheduled with ease and it has been a pleasant experience. I think this clinic offers what every woman needs when going through something so stressful.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is great with explaining in detail the process coming next. He takes time to speak with you and not rush you. He listens when you speak and doesn’t interrupt. Overall he is a great doctor who cares and I believe wants the best outcome for his clinic and our family.
Tell him all your concerns and lay it all out when consulting so he can take the best approach
Dr Griffiths bedside manner is amazing. He is real with you, but also gentle and provides hope towards whatever the route will be to our bringing a baby home.
I have had only diagnostic up to this point. I had extensive blood work done and all has come back normal except my vitamin d levels. I was called by his office and given specifics on where to get the supplement and how much to take for how long. I am going to be doing a hysteroscopy soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nurses I have dealt with have all been very informative and very helpful. They are gentle with me as I go through this process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
So far we have spent only our copay. I am waiting on the bill for the lab work as we will have to pay 20% I believe. Our testing for the hysteroscopy will be $1,000. Then if treatment is needed or we want to try an IUI first it will be no covered by our insurance as they only cover diagnostic. We lost a baby at 13 weeks last year and trying for another is hard enough. Then having to pay out of pocket if you need help is so not helpful in this terrible situation.
Treated 2015 - 2019
The thing both my spouse and I liked about Dr. Witz was that he asked a lot of questions and we really felt he knew us. He was there for every visit and any procedure we needed to do. He explained things and when I didn't quite understand took the time to explain it a bit differently. We always felt that he took the time needed in order to get our questions answered.
One thing I really loved about the clinic [Hou Fert Inst] in general was that they knew our insurance wasn't going to cover IVF however, any other procedures we had to have done they always made sure it was done somewhere our insurance would cover...The only nurse we interacted with was Morgan and she was phenomenal! She was extremely positive throughout the entire process, always made sure to ask if there were any other questions and was very patient.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Always be ready with your questions. Knowing that we had to pay full price (our insurance didn't cover our IVF) we did our research and had a list of questions for every visit which helped it go faster. He also has a good sense of humor; so, if you want someone more serious; he is not however, that was our favorite thing about him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Both the office and Dr. Witz were very patient with us. They were never pushy on any of the treatment, educated us on the options we had and left it up to us to make the choices. Receiving a positive pregnancy test was extremely exciting and both Dr. Witz and our Nurse Meghan celebrated with us and when we found out we were going to miscarry; they gave us time in the room and even though it's been 2 years; have never rushed us for our 2nd transfer.
Describe the protocols Craig Witz used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
After testing in 2015; we found out we would only be able to conceive via IVF and started on meds right away once we were ready. We started with Follistim 150 units, Dial pen to 150 & Menopur 150 IU, Take 2 vials as directed for 3 days then went back for bloodwork. After every blood draw; they would adjust my medication. After that I took, Follistim 225 units, Dial pen to 225 and Menopur 150 IU, Take 2 vials as directed. Then Cetrotide 0.25 mg was added. We had the egg retrieval and did a fresh transfer soon after that where I was prescribed o Estrace 2 mg, Take one by mouth to dissolve under your tongue THREE times per day; Prometrium 200mg mg/dl, oral 3x/day, Endometrin 100 mg/dl, Pleace two vaginally with applicator twice daily, Progesterone in Sesame Oil 50 mg/ml, give 50mg (1cc) IM each day (check to see if mixture is 100mg/1cc or 50mg/1cc) and was also adjusted as needed depending on my bloodwork. Once they did the BETA test and it was positive meds were adjusted depending on my blookwork as well. On our 6 week visit; was when the baby's heartbeat completely slowed down and BETA levels started to stall which was when we had a conversation with Dr. Witz and said we were going to just stop all of the meds and gave us the option to have a DND or have it happen naturally. I went with naturally which happened 2 weeks later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Bolten)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One thing I really loved about the clinic in general was that they knew our insurance wasn't going to cover IVF however, any other procedures we had to have done they always made sure it was done somewhere our insurance would cover and our doctor was always willing to travel to that clinic to be there. The only thing I didn't like was that we had to pay for the entire IVF upfront vs a payment plan but understand that this may happen at any clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.
Total: 12, 950 (without meds) Physician Fee: $6, 900 Lab & Facility Fees: $3,000 Anesthesia Fee: $250 IVF Meds: about $2, 500
Describe Craig Witz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I have none as we were on the same page with transferring 2.
Treated 2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Witz] is open & available- often calling me on off hours & using his cell phone. We had a tough road and he never oversold with lofty expectations. He knows the research & was able to present us with facts and honest medical advice for us to make the most informed decision we could....We did a low dose protocol with omnitrope. I overly respond to stimulation but my eggs are not strong so we went with low dose and omnitrope to attempt to boost the egg strength.
Great clinic [Houston Fertility Institute]- clean, free parking, easy to get to. Busy! If you make an appointment at peak times you might be waiting for awhile- seems like they overbook Patient’s. Top notch phlebotomists! These ladies are amazing!! Know your name, ask how you’re doing, never leave you sore or bruised.... My nurse did not call in a specific injection I needed and I had to catch it as I was going through the list with the pharmacy over the phone.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is open & available- often calling me on off hours & using his cell phone. We had a tough road and he never oversold with lofty expectations. He knows the research & was able to present us with facts and honest medical advice for us to make the most informed decision we could.
Reach out to him directly if you ever need to! He will respond & you’ll get good information.
He knows my son (the he helped us have with our 2nd round of ivf), asks about him, knows our lives (work) and personalities. He can be candid and honest with his feedback taking into account all those factors.
We did a low dose protocol with omnitrope. I overly respond to stimulation but my eggs are not strong so we went with low dose and omnitrope to attempt to boost the egg strength. Dr. Witz has only ever done single embryo transfers with rationale of it being a better environment for the fetus and better for the mom’s overall health.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Marquez)
Our primary nurse was a bit low key with our fertility treatments following having our first through IVF. I’m not sure if it’s because we’ve been there for a long time now but she will sometimes just assume I know things. I have to sometimes call to make sure I’m taking the right dose or that I get the right meds before I need them, etc.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great clinic- clean, free parking, easy to get to. Busy! If you make an appointment at peak times you might be waiting for awhile- seems like they overbook Patient’s. Top notch phlebotomists! These ladies are amazing!! Know your name, ask how you’re doing, never leave you sore or bruised. Can’t say enough!
My first round was all cash pay- all in probably $35-40. Next rounds have been partially covered- all in $15-20
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
My nurse did not call in a specific injection I needed and I had to catch it as I was going through the list with the pharmacy over the phone. I was able to get it called in and in the same delivery as the previous meds but would not have known had I not specifically gone over the med list with the pharmacist.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Jason Yeh] was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe...He explained to me that it is better to just implant a single embryo instead of multiple. He will test the embryos to see which ones are more likely to implant. I trust his approach and know he has my health in mind with this course of treatment.
[Houston Fertility Institite] has multiple locations...They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing...Yadira [nurse] was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr.Yeh was very compassionate when addressing all my concerns. He took as much time as I needed to feel comfortable about my treatment plan. He also called himself throughout the process to check on me to see how I was feeling. I haven’t had a doctor call to check on me before and it made me feel like he cares about his patients. I was impressed with how through the treatment was and I would recommend him to anyone.
Be on time and allow yourself extra time to talk to the doctor. He will give you as much time as you need to address all questions and concerns.
I took Gonal-f and menopur for 10 days. On day 5 I had to add Centritide to prevent ovulation. I responded very well to the medication. I went 3 days a week to get blood work and a follicle ultrasound to make sure everything was growing the was he wanted it to. I triggered with Lupron and Novarel on day 11 and proceeded with me egg retrieval on day 13. He was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe. I am looking forward to the transfer as soon as the OHSS symptoms go away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira Casalderrey)
Yadira was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic has multiple locations I live 1.5 hours away from the closest clinic. With having so many locations it made it easy to find the closest one. They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing.
My total costs that included all tests, appointments, egg retrieval, freezing embryos and embryo transfer were $11,430. This was after their military discount which it made it even better that they recognize the military.
Treated 2018 - 2019
We first started off by using testosterone and priming me for one cycle to see how I ovulate son my own [with Dr. Jason Griffith]. Once we did that we then used menupor, cetrotide, gonal and omnitrope. They got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 5 made to blast. We did not pgs any of them.... I was very blunt as to what I expected and what I had already been through he assured me he would make it all happen! He explained to us what new things we would try and the outcomes we could expect! He was always positive we could get pregnant even with my husbands tese sperm! If I ever had a question about anything he would call and explain it to me! He’s amazing!
The office [HFI-The Woodlands] was clean, organized and usually on time using the holidays it was a little slower. They offer snacks, water and coffee In the waiting room. The lady that draws your blood is really sweet and good at her job!.... He allowed us to transfer 2 the first time since I’m 40 and husband is 47, and they were untested day 6 and 7. This transfer resulted in a chemical. We had 3 day 7 blast left and the office had a formal meeting deciding rather we could transfer all 3 since we decided we would be done after this, and they agreed. One took.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
From the minute we stepped into his office and met him we knew he was he doctor for us! I was very blunt as to what I expected and what I had already been through he assured me he would make it all happen! He explained to us what new things we would try and the outcomes we could expect! He was always positive we could get pregnant even with my husbands tese sperm! If I ever had a question about anything he would call and explain it to me! He’s amazing!
Tell him what you expect and what you want from his treatment, he will listen to you!
Where to begin! He has amazing nurses which make the whole experience incredible! I always felt welcomed never rushed and my questions were always answered timely!
We first started off by using testosterone and priming me for one cycle to see how I ovulate son my own. Once we did that we then used menupor, cetrotide, gonal and omnitrope. They got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 5 made to blast. We did not pgs any of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel R )
Amazing!!!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The office was clean, organized and usually on time using the holidays it was a little slower. They offer snacks, water and coffee In the waiting room. The lady that draws your blood is really sweet and good at her job!
Treated 2017 - 2019
he [Dr. Jason Yeh] is willing to take the time to explain and make you feel comfortable...Medicated cycle for egg retrieval, frozen transfer with 1 5-day embryo...He had a conversation with us, explaining the rationale behind transferring one embryo and gave us the option to ask questions. Said we had the ultimate say in the decision but that this was his professional recommendation and we agreed...He was upfront with everything we could expect with the treatment and willing and available to answer questions. He had a great personality, was professional and patient. Seemed invested in our success and us being comfortable with the treatment. We didn't see him at every single appt, but felt comfortable with any of the nurses, staff, other Dr's we interacted with.
Everyone in the office [at HFI] - dr, nurses, staff knew my husband and I when we were there for each appt. Were always willing to work with us on scheduling - convenient hours with working full time, fitting us in last minute for an appt if needed, etc. Dr, nurses and staff seemed invested in the success of our treatment and always made themselves available for questions, concerns, etc...All of the nurses and staff at the Kingwood office were so helpful and kind. They knew my husband and I each time we arrived and were invested in the success of our treatment. I have never been treated so well at a dr office - the nurses and staff made the whole experience great for us.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask questions - he is willing to take the time to explain and make you feel comfortable.
Everyone in the office - dr, nurses, staff knew my husband and I when we were there for each appt. Were always willing to work with us on scheduling - convenient hours with working full time, fitting us in last minute for an appt if needed, etc. Dr, nurses and staff seemed invested in the success of our treatment and always made themselves available for questions, concerns, etc.
Medicated cycle for egg retrieval, frozen transfer with 1 5-day embryo
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: YADIRA CASALDERREY)
She was absolutely amazing and guided us through every step of the process. she made herself available even after hours for any questions or concerns. We love her! All of the nurses and staff at the Kingwood office were so helpful and kind. They knew my husband and I each time we arrived and were invested in the success of our treatment. I have never been treated so well at a dr office - the nurses and staff made the whole experience great for us.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The overall experience at this clinic and the related surgery center were great. Everyone was helpful and willing to make themselves available to answer any questions. Anytime we did have an issue with an appt, financial question, etc, it was quickly resolved. The staff at the clinic was friendly and helpful and we never waited more than 10 minutes for an appt, even though it was always a very busy office. Cannot say enough good things about the way we were treated by everyone we interacted with.
We paid for everything out of pocket for the treatment , procedures and medication. zero insurance coverage until our prenatal coverage kicked in for the monitoring until i graduated to my regular OB. I dont remember the exact amount but it was between $15-$20k for our treatment cycle.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Knew details of my case, explained what he thought would work for us. ... Very straightforward with plan of action. Explained reasons for what he thought was best treatment. Thoroughly answered any questions we had. Monitored follicles closely and increased dosage when I was initially slow to respond. ... When we met with dr witz after our failed fresh embryo transfer he recommended frozen embryo transfer as our next step.
Very busy but very efficient. They [Houston Fertility Institute] knew I liked to get in first thing to get to work and did their best to accommodate that. Only clinic open on weekends both Saturday and Sunday. Patient portal could use an upgrade. ... Then the financial advisor emailed me saying he recommended another egg retrieval as our next step. That was frustrating to get conflicting information.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is very straightforward and doesn’t sugarcoat things but I like that. Tells you what he thinks you need to do as an expert in his field.
Knew details of my case, explained what he thought would work for us.
Was participating in a study so I had to do downregulation per study protocol. Then started with lupron and then menopur started with one vial when I was slow to respond upped to 3 then upped to max of 6 vials nightly. Study only produced two embryos, both transfers failed. Next did self-pay cycle with menopur, gonal f and cetrotide. Got 6 embryos, genetically tested, 2 came back normal, 1 indeterminate.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Quick to respond to emails through patient portal.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Very busy but very efficient. They knew I liked to get in first thing to get to work and did their best to accommodate that. Only clinic open on weekends both Saturday and Sunday. Patient portal could use an upgrade.
We got into a study so paid $3,500 for our first fresh IVF cycle. Then paidaround $5,000 for frozen embryo transfer. Our self-pay cycle with meds and PGS testing we spent around $25,000.
He explained risks of multiples and we agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
When we met with dr witz after our failed fresh embryo transfer he recommended frozen embryo transfer as our next step. Then the financial advisor emailed me saying he recommended another egg retrieval as our next step. That was frustrating to get conflicting information.
Houston Office
Personally we want our doctor [Jason Griffith] to transfer 2 but he said 100% that was out of the question for me even if I signed the waiver. ... He was kind, genuine and informative. He made not only me but my husband feel at ease. And let's face it, talking a out IVF and infertility on both sides is awkward and uncomfortable. He helped us to understand what we were looking at and gave us a lot to read and think about as we moved forward.
There was a lot of phone tag back and forth with scheduling my Hysteroscopy. But, part of that again is due to my heart muscle damage. The surgery center my clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] usually uses didn't feel comfortable doing the procedure since it wasn't a full hospital setting. Just on the off ch as nce something went wrong.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Please see previous typed reply. I will add to that, that my husband and I participated in the Walk of Hope in the Woodlands on April 28th this year. We had met Dr. Griffith earlier that month and to our surprise he recognized my husband and I and remember both of our names after just one meeting, that spoke volumes about him to us!!!!! It made us feel like we were human beings and not numbers on a spreadsheet!!
To be flexible in your expectations, science can only manipulate your body so much and so many things have to align properly for the best outcome. It's not on your schedule or timeline, it is on the doctors, meds, and whatever your body sees fit....
We fidt saw Dr. Griffith on April 10th of this year and I was very emotionally charged. The due date we were given before our last miscarriage was April 7th so I was feeling that loss even more so with our first appointment. He was kind, genuine and informative. He made not only me but my husband feel at ease. And let's face it, talking a out IVF and infertility on both sides is awkward and uncomfortable. He helped us to understand what we were looking at and gave us a lot to read and think about as we moved forward.
Still in the process and don't have everything yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Whitney )
She helped me to feel comfortable by just explaining everything to me and she has real empathy towards us patients
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
There was a lot of phone tag back and forth with scheduling my Hysteroscopy. But, part of that again is due to my heart muscle damage. The surgery center my clinic usually uses didn't feel comfortable doing the procedure since it wasn't a full hospital setting. Just on the off ch as nce something went wrong.
Still 8n process but total with medication it is $25,000
Personally we want our doctor to transfer 2 but he said 100% that was out of the question for me even if I signed the waiver. I have heart muscle damage from chemotherapy (chemotherapy that also plays a big part in whybmy ovaries are damaged) He doesn't feel it would be safe for me and he doesn't want to risk it. He said the goal is a healthy baby and Momma, and my husband and I reluctantly agreed. And I di agree with his logic on the issue, 1 pregnancy will be enough strain on my body. He also said it is possible for 1 embryo to split and become twins..... So risking putting I. 2 that could split and become 4 was too much for him.

Treated 2018 - 2019
When our ivf cycle failed, he [Dr. Daniel Williams] had a very loving conversation with us encouraging us to take some time and then come back and we will go at it again from a new perspective. He makes you feel like you are important and he genuinely cares about you...has an all around professional demeanor. He wants to make sure you truly understand what is going to happen. He doesn’t mind re-explaining things and is very patient. Dr. Williams is also compassionate. I am very emotional and some days the tears would get the best of me and Dr. Williams would always be kind and try to make me feel better about the stresses of going through IVF. When our IUI and IVF pregnancy tests were negative he was very compassionate. It was like the results hurt him too. Makes you feel like you are his only patient and that says a lot to me. Especially when you’re going through something as emotional as IVF. I would and have suggested Dr. Williams to several of my friends. He’s great!!
Amber and Kat [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] were absolutely amazing. They were both compassionate, organized, knowledgeable and had great communication skills...The Piney Point office is the one we go to with Dr. Williams. We prefer it over the Sugar Land office, due to the office staff being much more friendly and down to earth. Their biggest strength at HFI, is communication and compassion. They make sure you fully understand what you’re going through and what will happen. They leave no stone unturned. They also make you feel comfortable and cared for during this time. They help you during the times that are a struggle and they will even check on you to make sure you’re doing well.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams has an all around professional demeanor. He wants to make sure you truly understand what is going to happen. He doesn’t mind re-explaining things and is very patient. Dr. Williams is also compassionate. I am very emotional and some days the tears would get the best of me and Dr. Williams would always be kind and try to make me feel better about the stresses of going through IVF. When our IUI and IVF pregnancy tests were negative he was very compassionate. It was like the results hurt him too. Makes you feel like you are his only patient and that says a lot to me. Especially when you’re going through something as emotional as IVF. I would and have suggested Dr. Williams to several of my friends. He’s great!!
Take notes and ask every question, even if it feels stupid or if he has already answered it. Be transparent.
Dr. Williams tried to get to know my husband and me. When we went to the appointments he was very thorough and would look us each in the eye. Making sure we understood and that he wasn’t talking to just one of us. When our ivf cycle failed, he had a very loving conversation with us encouraging us to take some time and then come back and we will go at it again from a new perspective. He makes you feel like you are important and he genuinely cares about you.
I can’t remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Amber Mendoza & Kat Vallejos)
Amber and Kat were absolutely amazing. They were both compassionate, organized, knowledgeable and had great communication skills. I honestly cannot day enough about them. They stood out to me and my husband and nurses/ care coordinator who love their job and who care about their patients.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Houston Fertility Institute is wonderful! The Piney Point office is the one we go to with Dr. Williams. We prefer it over the Sugar Land office, due to the office staff being much more friendly and down to earth. Their biggest strength at HFI, is communication and compassion. They make sure you fully understand what you’re going through and what will happen. They leave no stone unturned. They also make you feel comfortable and cared for during this time. They help you during the times that are a struggle and they will even check on you to make sure you’re doing well.
I cannot remember.
Dr. Williams prefers to implant one embryo but will do two if requested.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Clapp is a wonderful specialist. She is extremely knowledgeable and always happy to explain any procedure to what ever detail made us comfortable. She personally called the lab when we had questions about laboratory equipment and procedures. If I had questions the nurses couldn’t answer she would personally call back. Sometimes she can be matter of fact, but she does care about her patients greatly.
Great clinic [Houston Fertility Institute]. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate. ... They had a wide variety of financial options. They range from single egg retrieval to multiple retrievals and transfers.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
she Works at multiple facilities, so don’t be concerned if you can’t see her every visit. She reviews all the results and works with the other doctors in her practice and ultimately makes the recommendations for your treatment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
The nurses were spectacular. Called every day to check on me, provide updates and answer any questions I had
Describe the protocols Alexa Clapp used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We started with androgen Hormone priming (estrogen & testosterone) to promote better quality eggs since I am older than 35 & previous 2 retrievals resulted in Poor quality embryos. We planned on a 10 day ovarian stimulation with max doses of menopur and gonal F. She adjusted to 12 days of stimulation to allow the eggs to further mature. We had planned on fresh day 3 transfer. Dr clapp recommended against this as my progesterone rose to a level where fresh transfers are unsuccessful. She explained everything and we moved to a freeze all. By day 5 we only had 1 blast embryo, but 5 still growing. We let them mature to day 6 and got one more blast. We then did a frozen transfer of both embryos (one excellent quality the other fair). We had a live singleton birth as the result. No complications during pregnancy. Easy birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
Called frequently with test results and to check on me. Very friendly and compassionate. Efficient at care & provided excellent follow up
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great clinic. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Alexa Clapp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr Clapp makes her recommendations on a case by case basis. I really felt like she was tailoring our treatment to us vs blindly following a protocol.
Beaumont Office

Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Hoff was patient and kind, especially when I was at my worst (and crying in her office!). She did not hesitate to lend an ear or give a hug. I felt like she was just as invested in my IVF success as I was...Be prepared to see other providers, the doctors rotate to multiple clinic sites...I did 2 IUIs, 1 with Clomid and 1 with Femara, in conjunction with an Ovidrel trigger shot. My IVF cycle consisted of priming with estrogen and testosterone gel, followed by a microdose lupron protocol.
Be prepared to see other providers, the doctors rotate to multiple clinic sites [at Houston Fertility Center]...Rarely their verbal instructions did not match the instructions in my portal; however I was happy with their communication overall...A few times I had to remind them to call in prescriptions to my local pharmacy or to a specialty pharmacy for medication delivery...timed intercourse cycle with Clomid: $800. Approximately $25K for IVF cycle, egg retrieval, and fresh embryo transfer.
How was your experience with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hoff personally responded to questions and called to notify me of my negative pregnancy test following IVF and embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Judy, Ronica)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic staff, from the front desk to the phlebotomist, were all friendly and helpful. It was easy to make an appointment to fit my work schedule and they were able to fit me in at the last minute when needed. I preferred to have follicle scans performed by doctors (as opposed to medical assistants) but that was not always possible.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Institute.
Monitoring appointments were quick and efficient with results/instructions uploaded to my patient portal by the same afternoon.
Timed intercourse cycle with Clomid: $800. Approximately $25K for IVF cycle, egg retrieval, and fresh embryo transfer.
She was open to transferring 2 fresh embryos (they were the only embryos resulting from my IVF cycle)
Memorial Hermann Med Center
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Jonathan Kim] personally called me when I called and asked the nurse a question. He told me no question was silly and if I have any concerns or questions to please call him...I do wish I saw him more at each appointment, but I was glad to be able to hear directly from him if we wanted after the appointment...he is really nice, honest, straightforward, smart, and will explain thing fairly detailed...I started bleeding after appointment later dr Kim called and said Hcg more then doubled progesterone had raised, but was still very low(3). He was now very concerned that it was ectopic. He had me come in a day or two later.
I think [Houston Fertility Institite is] clean, professional, accommodating and I believe they care. I trust the doctors and their knowledge to help families! I had one major issue with them in regards to insurance, the doctor and facility was covered, but the lab for the embryologist was not and that was a surprise bill of almost 8k. That was not told to me and unexpected. I wish they didn’t charge so much as many other places (not in Houston area) are more cost effective. With that being said I do believe they are good at what they do, helping families have children.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
I liked that he didn’t shy away from the realistic outcomes (sch, heartbeat being low, miscarriage) he was honest and up front about about sch and that it could be normal but it did increase miscarriage chance slightly. I saw another doctor there for an ultrasound that we found the heartbeat to be lower then the last ultrasound and I felt he skirted the obvious concern until asked several times and still wasn’t completely open. When dr Kim called he said the chances at miscarriage at that point was 85% but that it could be from the trauma of the sch. Of course I hate hearing bad news but I would rather not be blindsided and have a realistic expectation. I do wish I saw him more at each appointment, but I was glad to be able to hear directly from him if we wanted after the appointment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
That he is really nice, honest, straightforward, smart, and will explain thing fairly detailed. You won’t see him every time since he is at different locations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
He personally called me when I called and asked the nurse a question. He told me no question was silly and if I have any concerns or questions to please call him.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kim used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We did blood work first as I came in for baseline at cycle day 3. I was put on birth control To do a Hysteroscopy. Before I started B/C I took a pregnancy test. It was slightly positive. (Which was weird since I had a pretty normal period) I looked at blood work from a few days prior and hcg was very low and “not pregnant” I called and told them, doctor called and said it was likely a chemical since progesterone was less then one, but he had me come kind roe blood work. Hcg did not double and progesterone was still very low, less then 1. He called and updated me again saying it would be ectopic again. He had me come in 4days later. I started bleeding after appointment later dr Kim called and said Hcg more then doubled progesterone had raised, but was still very low(3). He was now very concerned that it was ectopic. He had me come in a day or two later. I was having pain and had fluid in my abdomen at the ultrasound. He then scheduled a laparoscopy due to likely ectopic and rupture. He went in and took his time he saw no rupture, my remaining tube was fine, but did remove blood from abdomen, he followed that with a d&c so that he could confirm if the pregnancy was in the uterus or if I needed the methotrexate to keep tube safe. He had me in a couple days later and hcg did not drop like he had hoped after d&c so it was confirmed ectopic and was proscribed methotrexate. Becasue of yet another loss(3), second confirmed ectopic, and one tube he concluded that there was likely a tubal functionality issue (nothing physically wrong with remaining tube and it was not blocked he looked at the hsg I had done with OBGYN previously) we did the eggretrival first before the Hysteroscopy. We were on gonal f(150), menopur(75), centrotide, and luprolide(sp?) . He did change is up a bit towards the end increasing menopure and lowering gonal. He also added a day or two. I had to order more menopure and centrotide. We were seeing about 20-24 sizable follicles on ultrasound. Egg retrieval resulted in 15 eggs, 15 mature, 7 made it blast and 5 pgs tested normal embryos. Hysteroscopy found a few small Polups they were removed, but everything else looked good. We had to wait a bit financially before transfer. I was on estrodiol 2mg tablets orally 3 times a day. The lining was not progressing as much as he wanted so he switched me to vaginaly 3 times a day. Started 2ml pio injections. I got a positive hpt at 5dp5dt. Blood test was at 9dp hcg was more then doubling on schedule. First ultrasound confirmed it was in the uterus, I started bleeding red blood 6w4days they had me come in the next day. Heartbeat was 91(a little low) and we were measuring a couple day behind and he saw a hematoma twice the size of the gestational sack. He told us it could be normal as 20% of IVF patients get them. He said once we see a heartbeat miscarriage drops to 5%, but the miscarriage rate raises to 15%. He said we just need to keep an eye on it and he increased my progesterone to 3ml for three days. He did let me know that I may pass a clot. At 7w3d I started bleeding red blood and a rather large clot. They had me come in the next day this is wen we saw a different doc and heartbeat dropped to 75 and size wise it was only 6w3days. We asked dr Kim to call us and he said they it was not a good sign that likelyhood at this point of miscarriage was 85% but that it could be a trauma from the hematoma maybe why it dropped. Two days later there was no heartbeat. I was given the choice of d&c or meds to start contractions. I chose the medicine in hopes of seeing the baby. I was warned of the “pain” side effects from meds vs d&c process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: There were three I spoke to often and received messages from on the portal. (Joy, Patrica, Connie))
The only issues I had was: 1) I loved joy, although at times (More so on the phone) it was harder to understand. 2) I believe Patrica switched the dosage of my gonal f and menopure when putting the prescription in the portal, therefor the wrong dosage was ordered. I was assured it would be ok and that the would start with that and change it if they needed to. I did end up needing to order extra menopur and had extra gonal f, but I think the results from egg retrieval went well, although I don’t know what the other outcome would have been. I think they are all great and really sweet and kind.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I think it’s clean, professional, accommodating and I believe they care. I trust the doctors and their knowledge to help families! I had one major issue with them in regards to insurance, the doctor and facility was covered, but the lab for the embryologist was not and that was a surprise bill of almost 8k. That was not told to me and unexpected. I wish they didn’t charge so much as many other places (not in Houston area) are more cost effective. With that being said I do believe they are good at what they do, helping families have children.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute.
Cash price 6900 for physician, Lab 3000 Facility 2800 Anesthesiologists 250 Meds 4000-7000 Additional FET Doctor 1750 Lab 725 Facility 1400 Meds 300-1000
Describe Jonathan Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I believe he mentioned and suggested 1 embryo and that one healthy baby, mother, pregnancy and birth was the goal. Although, I never had an doubt that I wanted to only transfer 1. Now I might consider using two, but unlikely.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I feel like I explained this before, but the dosage of my menopure and gonal f were switched when putting prescriptions in the portal to the wrong dosage was ordered. They assured me it would be ok and they would use that dosage and change it if they needed to. I did end up needing to order more menopure and had extra gonal at the end. But I believe the results of egg retrieval went well. I believe one time when I needed to order extra menopur, they didn’t call before the end of the day Friday. I was able to get my beds in time, with a little extra stress. With that being said they also called pharmacy extra times when pharmacy was being picky and complicated
Treated 2017 - 2018
Whenever I was in Dr. Stewards presence, I felt like a person...Be prepared for very cut and dry black and white approach. He is warm with more visits and he does have a great bedside manner. I felt I was in extremely competent hands with someone who is very confident in his skills...After suffering 3 miscarriages in 2017 and the work up was done from oct 2017-dec 2017 and was essentially negative and no causes found for miscarriages
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
My obgyn gave me two options in The Woodlands. Dr. Steward or Dr. Griffith. In doing research, I chose Dr. Steward because he was younger, native Texan, trained at Duke , had personal experience with multiple miscarriages with his wife (At the time of the appt I had three miscarriages in a row and was desperate for answers) and had a kind, empathetic face. I just had a second d and c three days prior to my appt with him, so I was very fragile at that time. At our first meeting he set out an exact plan for us to complete at our pace and never pressured us to rush through the work up. Everything he hypothesized was happening with us came true. He said this is not a sperm issue, no need to even do a sperm test, we have gotten pregnant three times on the first try on our own, sperm could not be involved. And of course I forced my husband to do the SA and it came back with off the chart stellar numbers. He hypothesized I may have some lackadaisical hormones and mild "garden variety ovulatory dysfunction" which does not fit in any type of diagnosis and because of that, I ovulate late and can't ramp up the hormone supply needed with pregnancy. Since my AMH levels were great (5) and age was 33, we could build my entire family at the age of 33 with PGS tested embryos and give ample hormone support as well as aspirin and lovenox to prevent miscarriage with a frozen embryo cycle. Well all the testing was normal including sperm, uterus, etc and my hormones were exactly as he said. We elected to proceed with IVF instead of an assisted monitoring cycle so we could build our family NOW and take off any pressure to have more kids in a rapid succession later. As he predicted, I did not need a ton of medication due to the great AMH at 5. with embryo retrieval we got 13 total. 12 mature. 12 fertilized. 8 have been sent to PGS testing as day 6 blastocysts and we are currently waiting on these results. The process has gone exactly as he said it would. He nailed the medications. I did not have ANY left over. I did NOT hyper stimulate. I feel like we got the most "bang for our buck" with the 8 embryos for pgs testing (the max amount allowed without paying extra) and spent 4k on meds without wasting/having leftovers. He has been blunt with delivery but so kind and warm and most importantly has been 100% accurate thus far. I am in the medical field and it's VERY difficult for me to be the patient and I have surrendered and trust him with every decision here on out. no questions asked. I highly recommend him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
He knows his stuff. If you bring research he will review it with you and weigh in. He does listen and consider what you have to say but without a doubt every question I had, or concern I had, his knowledge prevailed and he was right. Be prepared for very cut and dry black and white approach. He is warm with more visits and he does have a great bedside manner. I felt I was in extremely competent hands with someone who is very confident in his skills.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Whenever I was in Dr. Stewards presence, I felt like a person. He remembered specific stories we have shared or remembered to ask about recent vacations. When I was going through the actual monitoring appts at the clinic without interaction with him, I Felt more like a number
Describe the protocols Ryan Steward used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
After suffering 3 miscarriages in 2017 and the work up was done from oct 2017-dec 2017 and was essentially negative and no causes found for miscarriages, I was presented with three options. 1) do what he have been doing and call when pregnant for hormone support 2)assisted cycle with Timed intercourse to really nail ovulation time and with climid maybe producing more than 1 follicle with more options for sperm to find egg and also use hormonal support with progerstone or do 3)IVF with PGS testing and build our entire family at 33 years old. He said he would leave it to us. We ultimately decided to skip to IVF as 2017 was a long hard year with three losses and we were ready to be parents and surrender a little bit of control bc what he had been doing had not yet produced a live birth. So in january after a much needed vacation, I downregulated with birth control for 2 weeks, stimulated with Gonal F 150 and Menopur 150 for 10 days (with ceteotride for ovulation prevention added in when my follicles got to 13). He stated I did not need many meds as I have a garden variety ovulatory dysfunction in the pcos family but not severe enough to be pcos with an AMH of 5. He nailed the medications. I did not have any left over so there was no money wasted. I only had two monitoring appts week one and two appts week 2, so 4 total and it was not a disruption to my life or full time work schedule. I got 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 8 made it to 6day blastocyst and we have sent those for PGS and waiting on results. I consider this very successful at this point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jennice)
Jennice was super intelligent. She gave us a one on one IV injections class. Always called me in addition to sending messages to my portal and was caring and compassionate at appts. I had a few other ladies do some random monitoring on me during cycle and Jennice was by far the best.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI strengths: VOLUME. They do this so much they know their stuff and have seen it all and can handle it all. Their embryologist communication was excellent post retrieval. they do retrievals on weekends. I was so pleased that they did not accelerate my cycle or downregulate my cycle to make it more convenient for them. Weaknesses: you do not get one on one time with your doctor at every monitoring appt unless you have some particularly unusual case. So get comfortable with nurses giving you answers and not doctors. Get the first AM appt at the woodlands office or else you will be waiting for a while. they use the portal a lot so get used to it. You may not have your doctor for every procedure. I had a hysteroscopy with another doctor but she truly was wonderful so I did not mind. I also wanted to keep on a schedule and not wait until my doctor had an available operating slot, so I am sure I Could have had him if I wanted to. They have call doctors for weekends so you may not have your retrieval with your exact doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute.
workup, including hysteroscopy, was billed under Recurrent pregnancy loss and was covered under insurance without any out of pocket cost, except for Sperm analysis which was 100$ doctor fee/cycle monitoring 6900$ anesthesia for retrieval 250$ surgery center cost for retrieval 2800$ pgs testing and other lab fees 7,750$ medications 4,100$ have not ordered medications for transfer yet but I think about 1,000$ FIRST transfer is included in the original costs. subsequent transfers of frozen embryos will be around 2,000$
Describe Ryan Steward's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Steward only recommended FET after PGS testing for me given that our goal was to not have any more miscarriages (we already had 3).

Treated 2016 - 2018
[Dr. Kemi Nurudeen is] great, kind, knowledgeable & someone you can trust...has a hopeful attitude. As a patient she’s great at explaining what to expect. She’s caring. She’s open to repeating information and providing detailed notes and answers to specific questions...Met back with the doctor for review of what happened and what’s next option wise. Found out I have an unsolved mystery reason. Hoping to do IVF soon.
It [Houston Fertility Institute is] a new building or remodeled which is nice. It’s in a medical district which is very nice and close to many things. The front desk women are nice... It’s a smaller office and I love that I’m not seeing different doctors every visit...The staff was great! They were familiar faces. They looked out for me when one nurse noticed I was looking pale she looked after me which was caring and checked up on me throughout the appointment.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She’s great! She listens, remembers me, compassionate, knowledgeable, and has a hopeful attitude. As a patient she’s great at explaining what to expect. She’s caring. She’s open to repeating information and providing detailed notes and answers to specific questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She’s knowledgeable so come with questions if you have any. She’s be happy to explain them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She’s great, kind, knowledgeable & someone you can trust.
Describe the protocols Kemi Nurudeen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
You’ll start off with paperwork of your history, discuss your history with the doctor, blood work, check egg size, get prescribed medicine to start period, get a period, check egg size, blood work, when they are a few in a good size you’ll take a trigger shot then timed sex or iui. Later you’ll go in for blood work & that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Met back with the doctor for review of what happened and what’s next option wise. Found out I have an unsolved mystery reason. Hoping to do IVF soon. As a pair of teachers we are looking for affordable options.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It’s a new building or remodeled which is nice. It’s in a medical district which is very nice and close to many things. The front desk women are nice. You’ll need your id and insurance card and knowledge of your past history. It’s a smaller office and I love that I’m not seeing different doctors every visit like I did in Frisco, Texas.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute.
$800 timed pregnancy with a $100 shot & office visits.
Describe Kemi Nurudeen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I’d like multiple embryo but I know we have to sign something about the increase in multiples not being a good thing for women and doctors etc etc.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I was scheduled for a dye in my tubes test but I never got a call back or schedule so that sort of fell through.
Webster Office
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Griffith is so kind and understanding, he always explained every step with detail and made sure I understood before moving on....He does have a lot of patients which means he is out of office a lot to do retrievals/transfers and so was not able to do every single one of my scans/appointments, but was always there for the important things....I had a high AMH during my initial consult so Dr. Griffith opted for a Menopur only cycle.
Where the office [Houston Fertility Institute] really shines though is with the nurses. They did a lot of my scans if Dr. Griffith was in surgery...My nurse was always so quick to answer questions and made sure I knew exactly what my protocol was for each step. She gave medication instructions 7 days at a time so I wouldn’t become confused and knew exactly which days to change medicine (patches) and was always available when I called.... They comforted me when things didn’t go my way and always made sure to communicate promptly with test results.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith has such compassion and truly makes you feel like you are in it together. He cries when you cry and has joy when you have joy. He always explained everything to me and walked me through each step. During my retrieval and transfer, he made sure I was comfortable and calmed any nerves I had. He does have a lot of patients which means he is out of office a lot to do retrievals/transfers and so was not able to do every single one of my scans/appointments, but was always there for the important things.
Write down any questions or fears you have because he will answer and help to make you feel better! There’s so much uncertainty and fear surrouding infertility so it is amazing to let some of that go.
Dr. Griffith is so kind and understanding, he always explained every step with detail and made sure I understood before moving on. Where the office really shines though is with the nurses. They did a lot of my scans if Dr. Griffith was in surgery and they became like family while I was there for both transfers.
I had a high AMH during my initial consult so Dr. Griffith opted for a Menopur only cycle. I started at 175 Menopur and was bumped up to 275 because of a low response. Added ganirelix and my ovaries unexpectedly exploded into overtime. Because of this, we switched from HcG to a lupron trigger with the understanding I would do a freeze- all and wait to transfer. I then started protocol for a FET, 2 weeks of estradiol 3x a day, then added progesterone and transferred. I followed the exact same protocol when I did a second FET, 2 years later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
My nurse was always so quick to answer questions and made sure I knew exactly what my protocol was for each step. She gave medication instructions 7 days at a time so I wouldn’t become confused and knew exactly which days to change medicine (patches) and was always available when I called. The other nurses who did my scans were so kind. They became like family and were so happy to see both of my transfers result in positives!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They truly love their patients! You don’t feel like just another $ and they make you feel like your dreams are possible. They comforted me when things didn’t go my way and always made sure to communicate promptly with test results.
We were lucky to have insurance coverage so we paid our out of pocket max, which was around $3,800.
For my first transfer, he left the decision up to me and we decided to transfer 2, 1 stuck. For the second transfer, he strongly recommended 1 and I agreed. He has changed his standard practice in the 2 years between transfers but still let you transfer 2 if you sign releases.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Kim was there for a lot of my scans. He always knew my name when i walked in, he didn't need to look at my chart to remind himself. When I would cry in his office from a negative test, he would listen to me and let me know he cared. Dr. Kim would listen to my concerns and was ready to try new things when we had failures...if I wanted to discuss anything, he would give me his opinion on the topic and then let me ultimately decide what I wanted to do. He cared about me as a patient and truly wanted to see me get pregnant and have a baby. He definitely was not trying to push anything for money. He wanted to make sure we got the outcome we wanted (a baby) as fast as possible. He was honest and upfront about everything. He set realistic expectations, and had a positive demeanor.
The nurses [at Houston Fertility Institute] are absolutely amazing. I knew Rebecca and Vanessa the best. They had so much compassion when I was crying from negative results. They honestly cared about me and were extremely excited when I finally became pregnant. I cannot say enough wonderful things about these 2 women!!...IUI with cost of meds - $4000...I have no issues with the clinic. They work you into the schedule as best as they can. They are incredibly efficient in moving the patients into rooms and getting blood drawn. All of the staff works together very well and you can tell with how smooth things typically run. I usually didn't have to wait much longer than about 10-15 mins at most appointments.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim is a phenomenal doctor. He listened to all my concerns. We went over what the best treatment options were. If I wanted to discuss anything, he would give me his opinion on the topic and then let me ultimately decide what I wanted to do. He cared about me as a patient and truly wanted to see me get pregnant and have a baby. He definitely was not trying to push anything for money. He wanted to make sure we got the outcome we wanted (a baby) as fast as possible. He was honest and upfront about everything. He set realistic expectations, and had a positive demeanor.
Do your own research. Get as educated as you can. Understanding the process yourself will help you so much with outcomes. Dr. Kim will work to get you the baby you long for, but you also should understand the process and have realistic expectations for your diagnosis.
I have PCOS. My husband has no issues. I had used clomid for 4 cycles with my OB with no monitoring and no success. We met with Dr. Kim and he laid all our options out. First we did an HSG to make sure my tubes were open. My left tube showed a blockage, so we did a hysteroscopy and found polyps in my uterus, he cleaned them out and it opened up my left tube. He then recommended IUI with injections (since the pills didn't seem to help). I wasn't ready for that yet, so we did a cycle with Femara/Letrozole. Hardly any follicles grew. So we moved to IUI with injections as Dr. Kim had suggested. We got 2 mature follicles and did a double IUI (trigger shot, then IUI the next 2 days in a row). No success. Since no treatments were covered by our insurance, about 4 IUI cycles equal the cost of IVF. Dr. Kim said we could move in either direction. My husband and I decided to go forward with IVF as it has much better success rates and we didnt know how many IUIs it would take to work. We started with birth control to get my cycle regulated, then did injections for 11 days (stims for 11 days, cetrodide for 5 days to keep me from ovulating). We were doing an all freeze cycle, so my trigger shot was lupron (2 days of injections). 19 eggs retrieved, 11 mature follicles, 11 fertilized, and 9 made it to freeze (embryos). My husband and i decided to do PGS testing, even though Dr. Kim didnt think we needed it. Of the 9 blastocysts, 5 were gentically normal.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nurses here are absolutely amazing. I knew Rebecca and Vanessa the best. They had so much compassion when I was crying from negative results. They honestly cared about me and were extremely excited when I finally became pregnant. I cannot say enough wonderful things about these 2 women!!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
IUI with cost of meds - $4000 IVF doctor/clinic/embryologist/ICSI cost $12900 -- meds $5000 --PGS $5500 Frozen Transfer Cycle cost with meds - $4000
For the first transfer, Dr. Kim would only do 1 embryo. it was the safest option and we agreed. No success. For the 2nd transfer, we did 2 embryos at Dr. Kim's recommendation. No success. For the 3rd transfer, we did a different FET protocol and transferred our last 2 genetically normal embryos, and it resulted in a singleton pregnancy.
Treated 2014 - 2018
He [Dr. Jason Griffith] truly cared about making my dreams a reality. He comfort me when I was down and celebrated all my highs. Egg retrieval was hard on my body. It’s seriously the hardest thing next to carrying twins I’ve ever done. He would stay after hrs to see me to check and makes sure I wasn’t going through OHS. When the 3rd IVF transfer was cancelled because my body was not responding he promised we would get there and said I deserved the perfect conditions. After we had to fake a 4th IVF cycle to do a FET he donated meds to us because we couldn’t afford another $1000 on injections.
First round IVF [at Houston Fertility Institute-Woodlands]. We used menphor (sp) and gonal-f, pills and patches. Right after egg retrieval I bagan to bleed and I bled so much that he canceled the fresh transfer. It was the best decision. I was in too much pain from retrieval for two weeks after. A month later we did a normal FET with pills and patches and PIO. We transfered two embryos. A week later I took a pregnancy test and I was pregnant. We had our first son at 27 weeks. He is now a very healthy 4 year old. 3 years later we were ready to add a sibling we started a FET cycle normal FET with pills and patches. Halfway through the first time we canceled because there was fluid buildup in my uterus. We started another FET a few weeks later and again halfway through same issue. After next cycle we change things up and decided to fake an IVF cycle. We used a small amount of final-f to stimulate my ovaries for 21 days. Right before you’re going to transfer the pocket of fluid made its appearance and we had to cancel.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He truly cared about making my dreams a reality. He comfort me when I was down and celebrated all my highs. Egg retrieval was hard on my body. It’s seriously the hardest thing next to carrying twins I’ve ever done. He would stay after hrs to see me to check and makes sure I wasn’t going through OHS. When the 3rd IVF transfer was cancelled because my body was not responding he promised we would get there and said I deserved the perfect conditions. After we had to fake a 4th IVF cycle to do a FET he donated meds to us because we couldn’t afford another $1000 on injections. He said, this will work, we just have to get the right timing. When we we unsuccessful he personally called me and let me just cry and offered consoling words. He is hands down the best doctor that cares about his patients.
IVF is hard you start with a plan but that plan doesn’t always happen. You have to be mentally prepared that it’s going to be hard and it’s most likely not going to go as planned.
He truly cares about his patients. He has sat with me many, many times and let me just cry. After this last go where I had had the 3rd transfer canceled because my body wasn’t responding how he wanted it to. He held my hand and said “ you deserve the perfect conditions and I’m going to help you get that.” He understood all my anxieties and helped me through them.
I’ll try my best on this question. First round IVF. We used menphor (sp) and gonal-f, pills and patches. Right after egg retrieval I bagan to bleed and I bled so much that he canceled the fresh transfer. It was the best decision. I was in too much pain from retrieval for two weeks after. A month later we did a normal FET with pills and patches and PIO. We transfered two embryos. A week later I took a pregnancy test and I was pregnant. We had our first son at 27 weeks. He is now a very healthy 4 year old. 3 years later we were ready to add a sibling we started a FET cycle normal FET with pills and patches. Halfway through the first time we canceled because there was fluid buildup in my uterus. We started another FET a few weeks later and again halfway through same issue. After next cycle we change things up and decided to fake an IVF cycle. We used a small amount of final-f to stimulate my ovaries for 21 days. Right before you’re going to transfer the pocket of fluid made its appearance and we had to cancel. Next round we changed some things and I started stimulating for 17 days. This time no fluid build up. We transfered everything looked perfect but the transfer was unsuccessful. A month later we decided to try the same thing but this time instead of transferring one we did two embryos. It was successful and at the first ultrasound I was pregnant with twins. We now have three perfect children thanks to Dr Griffith.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The Woodlands nurses are hands down the best. They are all so caring and they will sit with you and make sure you understand everything. They will cry and celebrate with you.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I love everything about them. When we started with them in 2014 they were small and it was easy to reach your office. They have really grown since then. My only complaint is to reach your office you have to go through the call center and some times that can be a hassle. But you do always get a call back from your nurse or doctor.
First go was 20k Second go when all added up close to 15k
Woodlands Office
Most of them [the nurses at Houston Fertility Institute- Woodlands] are absolutely wonderful. Very knowledgeable, patient, and always willing to get answers to your questions, even if that means waiting to discuss it with the doctor. I wish I had been assigned a single nurse so they are more familiar with my case.... They are very organized and use the patient portal very effectively. Weakness is that they seem to overbook patients because afternoon appoints ALWAYS run behind. Once we had to wait two hours past our appointment.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Steward is incredibly knowledgeable about his field. He explains everything in detail, leaving nothing out (which is what I like). He is not afraid to be honest about expectations and I have never felt like he has been misleading with what to expect with our treatments. He is also not afraid to combine both Eastern and Western approaches to treatment (though he made sure to ask if I was open to it). His bedside manner is a little bit rough, but I have always appreciated his honesty. At first I think our treatments were a little too "cookie cutter" and not specialized for our specific needs, but he has since adjusted and I think our current treatment protocol is absolutely catered to our needs and with our history in mind. We are definitely on the same page and I am confident he is in my corner rooting us on.
Be open, honest, and not afraid to ask questions.
The nurses and all doctors that I saw were incredibly kind and also knowledgeable. But they are a very busy clinic, so most of them do not know me by name and aren't familiar with my case or treatment protocol without accessing my patient history.
First two rounds were medicated cycles with timed intercourse. First round used 300 iu of Gonal-F, 2nd round was 200 iu of Gonal-F. Third round was IVF with 225 Gonal-F and 225 Menopur. Currently IVF with 225 Gonal-F, microdose Lupron, 225 Menopur, Omnitrope and viagra. We have also incorporated acupuncture this cycle and did androgen priming while preparing for stims.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Most of them are absolutely wonderful. Very knowledgeable, patient, and always willing to get answers to your questions, even if that means waiting to discuss it with the doctor. I wish I had been assigned a single nurse so they are more familiar with my case.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
We were completely out of pocket. Our medicated cycles (including all medication) was approximately $4K each cycle. IVF was around $25K (including medication, transfer and retrieval costs).
Dr Steward definitely encourages single embryo transfer most. He seems to want to avoid pregnancy with multiples if possible.
Treated 2017 - 2018
My protocol for egg retrieval [with Dr. Steward] included Gonal-F 225 IU, Menopur 150 IU, and Cetrotide 0.25 mg. My trigger shot was Ovidrel. The protocol produced 14 eggs, 9 mature. We did PGS testing, which resulted in 3 normal embryos. For the first FET, we used estrogen tablets, Minivelle patches, and progesterone in oil shots, which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. For the second FET, Dr. Steward revised the protocol to have the PIO shots in the morning (instead of the evening) and a daily baby aspirin. The protocol resulted in a pregnancy with surprise identical twins. The pregnancy ended at 8.5 weeks in miscarriage.
Strengths of the clinic [HFI- Woodlands] include the experience of the doctors, variety of doctors and staff, level of expertise, and high success rates. In addition, they value their patients as humans and are encouraging. One weakness was that there were sometimes long waits to be seen for appointments. I found that scheduling appointments right away in the morning (eg., 8 am) resulted in less wait time than later day appointments (11 am).
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Steward is caring and compassionate, but also honest and open. He has been very optimistic with respect to the likelihood of success with treatment. However, he provided statistics and risks, and made adjustments based on data. Dr. Steward called personally following a negative pregnancy test to check on me, and was very comforting during a miscarriage. I would recommend him to anyone because even through very difficult times, he made us feel comfortable and hopeful.
Do not be afraid to ask questions or call outside of office hours.
Dr. Steward is caring and compassionate. I truly believe he is as hopeful as his clients that treatment will be successful.
My protocol for egg retrieval included Gonal-F 225 IU, Menopur 150 IU, and Cetrotide 0.25 mg. My trigger shot was Ovidrel. The protocol produced 14 eggs, 9 mature. We did PGS testing, which resulted in 3 normal embryos. For the first FET, we used estrogen tablets, Minivelle patches, and progesterone in oil shots, which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. For the second FET, Dr. Steward revised the protocol to have the PIO shots in the morning (instead of the evening) and a daily baby aspirin. The protocol resulted in a pregnancy with surprise identical twins. The pregnancy ended at 8.5 weeks in miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The first nurse I had was brand new and required a lot of prompting and support from the other staff. However, they were all compassionate and caring overall. Additionally, I always received a message in my portal and a phone call (if protocols changed).
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strengths of the clinic include the experience of the doctors, variety of doctors and staff, level of expertise, and high success rates. In addition, they value their patients as humans and are encouraging. One weakness was that there were sometimes long waits to be seen for appointments. I found that scheduling appointments right away in the morning (eg., 8 am) resulted in less wait time than later day appointments (11 am).
Monitoring appointments were always conducted in the mornings, which worked well with my work schedule. Unfortunately, the pregnancy ultrasound appointments were also in the mornings which did not fit my husband's schedule.
Egg retrieval and first FET: $13,000 Medication for egg retrieval: $5,000 PGS testing: $5000 Additional FETs: $5,000 plus medications
We were encouraged to do eSET, but the ultimate decision was ours. We scheduled a consultation with Dr. Steward to discuss this issue, and he provided data and suggestions.
Woodlands Office

This clinics [Houston Fertility Institute] strengths are promptness and flexibility for appointments. The patient portal is clear and a great way to communicate with the staff during the day. The only weakness I can think of would be feeling rushed at the end of the appointment. They are a small staff, so they have to move quickly to the next patient and they are very busy.... I have a good relationship with my coordinators. I am able to email questions and call and get the answers that I need regarding my treatment. Overall, it’s a good experience and I am taken care of.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Yeh is a fantastic doctor. He has been compassionate and uplifting through out both of my IVF cycles. I always feel better after I get to speak to him. He seems genuinely disappointed that my 2 PGS normal embryos failed. I had positive hcg bloodwork 7 days post transfer both times, then it failed to rise and I miscarried. He refers to my husband and I as “head scratchers.” He still feels like he can help us get pregnant and he would tell us if he felt otherwise. I feel confident continuing my fertility treatment with Dr. Yeh.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Make a list every time you go in and don’t hesitate to go over everything with him.
Dr. Yeh is caring and eager to listen to every question that I have. He was just as devastated as my husband and I when our 2nd PGS normal embryo failed. He had tears in his eyes when we went in for a follow up visit.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
This clinics strengths are promptness and flexibility for appointments. The patient portal is clear and a great way to communicate with the staff during the day. The only weakness I can think of would be feeling rushed at the end of the appointment. They are a small staff, so they have to move quickly to the next patient and they are very busy.
My 2 IVF cycles both resulted in only one PGS normal embryo. So those were single transfers. When I do a 3rd IVF cycle, the plan is to skip PGS testing and do a fresh transfer of 2 embryos at a time.