Josh Skorupski

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380
281-681-0480

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kim is patient and is willing to answer all of my questions following my independent reading of published studies. I like to understand everything about my IVF plan and how to avoid unexpected impacts...We started with loestrin bc at day three of my cycle and continued for three weeks to stall ovulation while my insurance was pre-authorized. Then we started daily injections with ultrasound and bloodwork every other day to measure eggs, estradiol and FSH...retrieved 26 eggs of which twelve were mature eggs
The office [of Houston Fertility Institute] is organized, clean and well structured. I do recommend following your treatment closely and asking questions when they come up...Ten eggs were fertilized via ICSI with a fresh sperm sample from TESA procedure the same morning. Five embryos made it to blastocyst stage... Utilize the ability to message your nurses with questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Kim is patient and is willing to answer all of my questions following my independent reading of published studies. I like to understand everything about my IVF plan and how to avoid unexpected impacts.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask as many questions as you can.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Kim is a wonderful doctor. He is kind, knowledgeable, and his staff is top notch.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kim used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We started with loestrin bc at day three of my cycle and continued for three weeks to stall ovulation while my insurance was pre-authorized. Then we started daily injections with ultrasound and bloodwork every other day to measure eggs, estradiol and FSH. The injections, blood work and injections lasted for nine days. The first four days of Injections were 200 gonal-f and two vials of menopur. Day five through nine of injections were 175 gonal-f, two vials of menopur, and cetrotide. Day ten was leuprolide 80 units trigger shot at 9:15pm and day eleven was leuprolide 80 units trigger shot at 9:00am. Day twelve was egg retrieval at 8:30 am. The stand-in doc retrieved 26 eggs of which twelve were mature eggs. Ten eggs were fertilized via ICSI with a fresh sperm sample from TESA procedure the same morning. Five embryos made it to blastocyst stage. Three embryos made it through cryopreservation. PGS genetic testing was completed and all three embryos were aneuploidy. Dr. Kim explained that aneuploidy embryos are usually isolated and does not expect the same result on another cycle. He plans to prescribe increased menopur and decreased gonal-f dosage in conjunction with HCG for the next cycle starting five weeks following the egg retrieval resulting in No embryos for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
I can’t say enough about how great the nursing staff is at Dr. Kims office.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The office is organized, clean and well structured. I do recommend following your treatment closely and asking questions when they come up. Utilize the ability to message your nurses with questions and concerns.
Describe Jonathan Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
There were no embryos to transfer following review of embryo PFS genetic testing results.
Katy Office

I only saw him [Dr. Griffith] at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored...He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress...He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience...he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K [at Houston Fertility Institute]...If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear...nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard...The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Griffith. I had gone through my first IVF cycle with another clinic which resulted in 0 normal embryos to transfer and that doctor didn't seem to show any compassion or care in my results. Knowing that we could only afford to pay for one additional cycle, I did extensive research with varying clinics and met with 5 new RE's. Dr. Griffith was the last RE I met with and he immediately put me at ease. I had a long list of questions regarding my failed cycle and had done my own research regarding what may help in a second. He patiently answered all my questions and backed up all my research with data of his own. Once the cycle started, I only saw him at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored. His nurses were there to help relay any questions I had quickly to him to answer. He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress. He did not perform my egg retrieval but I knew that going into the cycle. I did have some minor complications after the retrieval which required a trip to the ER. I notified the clinic of my symptoms and ER visit and they quickly had me come in to be evaluated by Dr. Griffith even though everything had been resolved. He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience. I couldn't have chosen a better doctor for my IVF journey. My only wish is that I had come to him the first time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I think being understanding that you are not going to see Dr. Griffith at every appointment. I saw him for my consultation and during my stimulation period to confirm progress prior to retrieval. He did not perform my retrieval but I knew that beforehand so I was comfortable with it. He did perform my transfer and performed my US the day my pregnancy was confirmed in the clinic. He also performed my last US the day I graduated from the clinic. It was apparent to me that Dr. Griffith had a large amount of patients he was treating and that almost made me more comfortable in my decision to use him in that he was in such high demand. Even though I did not see him every appointment, I never had any issues in having my questions answered by him quickly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith and the nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard. Though I did not see Dr. Griffith every visit, if I had any questions regarding my cycle/treatment, I was able to get quick answers from him. The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
Describe the protocols Jason Griffith used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Protocol was important to me and one of the reasons why I chose Dr. Griffith. After speaking with 5 different RE's, Dr. Griffith was one of two that offered a different protocol than the one I had previously used which resulted in a failed cycle. My first cycle was an antagonist protocol using a combination of Gonal-F and Menopur. I had a slow start (only a few follicles showing) so my Gonal dosage was increased on day 4. I ended up with 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature. Of those, only 7 fertilized and I ended up with 4 embryos (3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic). Since I did not have any normal embryos to transfer, the cycle ended. I took these results to Dr. Griffith and he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna & Leah)
The nurses and coordinators at HFI Willowbrook are amazing! I spoke and met with Jenna/Leah mostly and they both were always very sweet, answered my questions, and were personable and kind with our interactions. They always put me at ease and were supportive throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I think overall the clinic was great! They were always very clear in communications. If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear. I would only say it would be nice to have the option of the consent forms for you and your partner to be signed electronically off site. That really is my only suggestion. Everything else was great!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K.
Describe Jason Griffith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
This was my choice really. I was against multiple embryo transfer and Dr. Griffith supported my choice and never suggested anything other than an eSET.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. ... After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. ... Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her.
The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them ... Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time.
How was your experience with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hoff is a sweet person and extremely compassionate. After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. During my "wins" (one chemical and one miscarriage) we celebrated together my positive betas and was always willing to talk to us if we didn't have positive betas. I felt that she was really on my team when it came to my results. As far as the not-so-good, she was not very proactive regarding our treatment. We had to bring a treatment option to her that was not offered to us and was extremely simple (freezing sperm to mix with a fresh sample for an IUI). Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her. Dr. Hoff is an extremely positive person so all of our conversations centered around what could go right in the future, and not what was going wrong right now. It was comforting to have her reassurance but I think I really could have used more professional guidance on the actual problems we were having.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be your own advocate and research your own treatment options. Ask "why" ALWAYS because she won't tell you or give you a vague answer. A lot of times the answer really is vague, but sometimes it's not....but you aren't given any details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. It was a little frustrating because we didn't go to medical school for this.
Describe the protocols Heather Hoff used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Before cycling I had a hysteroscopy and my husband had a SA to determine where we were. Hoff said my hysteroscopy results came back perfect, but when I looked in my surgery report it said that the biopsy result they took was not positive for inflammation, but contained "pre-inflammation" or something. I was never told this by Hoff as she said everything looked good so I believed her. My husband's SA came back a little less than perfect but she said it was adequate for an IUI even though it had less than 1% morphology. IUI #1-- I used Clomid and regular monitoring. The last monitoring appointment I went to they said I had already ovulated and instructed me NOT to use my Ovidrel trigger but to have sex that evening and then come in for an IUI next day. I did so and during my TWW I used Endometrin vaginally 1x a day. after my TWW I had a positive beta of 16. The next beta it fell to 5, resulting in a chemical pregnancy. IUI #2- Same exact protocol as IUI #1 except I did use my Ovidrel trigger this time. Husband's sample day of IUI was extremely poor. We asked Hoff about this and she said he may have had an infection three months prior. Results were a negative beta. IUI #3- Changed protocols by switching to Letrozole with another Ovidrel trigger. I responded well to the Letrozole. This cycle we brought up the option of freezing samples beforehand and mixing them with fresh samples to get better counts. This resulted in better counts but ended in another negative beta. IUI #4- Protocol was not changed at all and ended in a missed chemical pregnancy (positive HPT but negative beta.) IUI #5- Same as previous protocol. In November of 2018 I became pregnant naturally. I went to see Hoff for my betas and eventual scans. My progesterone was not at the level they wanted so they kept increasing it. Eventually I was on Endometrin 3x daily and oral progesterone 3x daily. No heartbeat ever developed and I had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I loved the nurses at my branch of HFI (Katy.) They were communicative and really compassionate. I have trouble with vaginal ultrasounds and Vanessa was extremely respectful of this. I felt really comfortable with her doing my scans. The nurses calmed me down a lot when I had problems and were often a better source of quick information than the Internet!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI has lots of locations and there was one ten minutes from my house on the way to my office. The offices are nice, new and comfortable. The staff is nice at certain locations. Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time. All procedures are performed at the Piney Point location ONLY, so I had to travel into Houston directly every time I had an IUI. That is pretty annoying. They are one of the more expensive clinics in Houston. A single cycle with meds and PGS will run you about $20,000 - $30,000. The payment options are meager at best. The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute.
IUIs were about $1,500 each and meds were another $300-400.
Describe Heather Hoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
No embryo experience with Hoff.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
Had a bit of trouble getting the clinic to send oral prescriptions to my local pharmacy instead of the mail-order one they use for IVF meds.
Katy Office

Initially I went for a consultation about egg retrieval and Dr Williams fully explained the process and how it would work at HFI. ... He gave me my options and helped me to understand them fully so I could make the best decision possible given my circumstances. When the first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy (and I was sad/mad/confused), he displayed empathy, encouraged me and adjusted my plan to move forward.
I knew after the first meeting with Dr Williams that HFI utilizes a team approach, which makes sense given the time intensive nature of the fertility business. I saw multiple doctors during my time there .... They [nurses] were great to work with and were responsive to all of my communication, whether it was in person, via email or phone. They were professional when delivering results, both good and bad. They took some verbal frustrations from me in stride, and encouraged me in the right way.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Initially I went for a consultation about egg retrieval and Dr Williams fully explained the process and how it would work at HFI. A few months later I returned ready to move forward with the goal of having a baby on my own. We started with IUI's and ultimately moved on to IVF. He gave me my options and helped me to understand them fully so I could make the best decision possible given my circumstances. When the first transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy (and I was sad/mad/confused), he displayed empathy, encouraged me and adjusted my plan to move forward. My second transfer was successful and he and his staff were elated for me and celebrated each week until I 'graduated' to my OB. I felt well cared for at every step and look forward to repeating the process with him in the next couple of years.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Communicate and Trust. There are a lot of options when you start the journey, talk to Dr Williams about your concerns and ask any questions. He will explain things to you so you can make the best decision for your family. Trust that he wants the same outcome that you do, and know that he's working to make your dreams come true.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
I was supported through my entire journey - and it was a roller coaster of elation and disappointment. Dr Williams and his staff responded to my questions with detailed information, compassion and professionalism. I received phone calls when I thought something wasn't right (there was an issue with a study I was supposed to be a part of that didn't happen, but Dr Williams was not at fault), he walked me through my options and different stages of treatment, and helped me to land on the best path forward given my preferences and desired ultimate outcome.
Describe the protocols Daniel Williams used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
1. Hysteroscopy: Found that both of my tubes were blocked, but they were able to get them unblocked during the procedure. This was crucial prior to moving onto my IUI treatment. 2. IUI's (2 times): Femara (oral med) + Ovidrel (injectible): Neither one was successful 3. Egg Retrieval: Menopur (150iu); Cetrotide .(.25 mg) Ovidrel (250 mcg) Follistim AQ (150IU ) - 19 eggs retrieved, 13 mature, 9 fertilized, 6 blastocysts; PGS testing - 3 normal, 2 abnormal, 1 inconclusive 4. FET #1: Desogen; Prednisone 10mg (2 x/day x 4 days starting 1 day before ET); Minivelle Patch 0.1mg (place 3 patch on the skin and change every 3 days); Estrace 2 mg - Tablets; PIO Shots. Once chemical pregnancy was confirmed, I had to take methotrexate to stop cell division. My HCG numbers were crawling upwards, but absolutely not to the point that it could've at all been a viable pregnancy. It took at least two weeks to confirm (which was the worst period of the entire journey), because he didn't want to call it too soon. My number never went above 400 though, so they couldn't see anything on an ultrasound, but with the numbers creeping up, cell division was happening somewhere, and we needed to end it in case it was an eptopic pregnancy. I then had to wait until my HCG numbers came back down to 0 for us to begin discussing how to best move forward. I was very frustrated because I'd transferred PGS tested embryo and it implanted, so I didn't understand why the pregnancy wasn't successful. Dr Williams explained that I was in a very low percentage of people that unfortunately experience a chemical pregnancy for an unknown reason. 4. FET #2: I used the same protocol as FET #1, but added Lovenox 40mg/0.4ml mg/dl - Injection. His reasoning was that it could potentially help, but certainly couldn't hurt. And he knew I wanted to do something more in hopes of a successful outcome with FET #2. This one worked! I stayed on PIO and estrogen through Week 10 of my pregnancy. I went for weekly visits with Dr Williams through Week 12.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I had three nurses during my time there - Patricia, Connie and Joy. They were great to work with and were responsive to all of my communication, whether it was in person, via email or phone. They were professional when delivering results, both good and bad. They took some verbal frustrations from me in stride, and encouraged me in the right way.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I had no idea what to expect going into the process, but it was a great experience overall. I knew after the first meeting with Dr Williams that HFI utilizes a team approach, which makes sense given the time intensive nature of the fertility business. I saw multiple doctors during my time there - from the hysteroscopy (Dr. Bello), to the egg retrieval (Dr. Kim) to the embryo transfers (both performed by Dr. Williams). I also had a bleeding scare on a Sunday morning and had to call the emergency line, and I got a call back from the Dr on call (Dr. Bello) who had me come in for an ultrasound right away (everything was ok). It was great to know that no matter what the issue could be, there was someone available to handle it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.
IUI's (including medications covered by insurance): $1700 IVF (including medications covered by insurance, egg retrieval, FET #1 and monitoring): $13k PGS Testing: $5k FET #2 (including medications covered by insurance and monitoring): $5k
Describe Daniel Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I preferred a single transfer as I did not want to chance having multiples, so there was never a debate as to how many to transfer. He preferred transferring a single embryo, as did I.
Sugar Land Office

Due to diminished ovarian reserve, age and a low AMH Dr. Griffith put us on a very intensive hormone protocol. I was unresponsive the first time around so he adjusted the protocol completely for the second time which was more successful. He also had us on several supplements. Currently, we are waiting and hoping to start the third round after taking a few months off to add in some holistic approaches.
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] provided excellent explanations of steps, the process, medications, and were available to answer my call whenever I needed something. From the moment you walk into the office, the staff is smiley and take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He has a strong knowledge and wide experience base. There were a few times where I felt things could be communicated more clearly and that all options explained. However, he was willing to spend the time with us that we needed to ask any and all questions we had to ease any uncertainty or anxiety, and for this, I am truly grateful.
Ask any and all questions you may have. Do not hesitate to also inquire about supplements, holistic methods and current research with him. He is always willing to chat about all options.
The entire office team is amazing! We had many consult appointments with Dr. Griffith as well to determine course of action along the way. Every interaction was excellent from the whole team. They all take an interest in you and focus not just on the medical side of things but also you as a person and a couple.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff is AMAZING! They provided excellent explanations of steps, the process, medications, and were available to answer my call whenever I needed something. From the moment you walk into the office, the staff is smiley and take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient. Even when the news was sad, they took the time to make sure you understood the information and that you were ok. I actually enjoyed going for my appointments, which were often!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is a welcoming place. They are flexible with schedules and work with you. I work in the school system so they were wonderful scheduling my appointments around my crazy schedule. One thing to note is that blood work is done in the morning but results are received that same day which is really nice!
over $20,000 for 1 cycle
Woodlands Office

He [Dr. Jonathan Kim] is the best at what he does. He is informative and educated. He and his wife have been through these medical procedures as well so he had first hand experience with every detail of infertility. He supports and encourages through the entire process.
The nursing staff of Dr Kim [at Houston Fertility Institute] is very completely supportive and compassionate. I cannot say enough good things about all of them...they have a reassurance program that cuts the cost if the first transfer doesn’t hold. I have not seen this at any other clinic.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim was very supportive and wonderful. We managed to get pregnant but the embryo quite growing at 7 weeks. Dr Kim was right there with us each step of the way. I cannot say enough great things about him. We will be staying with Dr Kim for the next round of IVF.
He is the best at what he does. He is informative and educated. He and his wife have been through these medical procedures as well so he had first hand experience with every detail of infertility. He supports and encourages through the entire process.
Dr. Kim is an amazing doctor. He cares about his patients. Even though my outcome was not what we wanted we know he is there to help in the future.
There is a lot of drugs we used in egg retrieval but I cannot remember the dosages. After the egg retrieval we used estrogen and progesterone shots everyday for 8 weeks, up until I miscarried.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff of Dr Kim is very completely supportive and compassionate. I cannot say enough good things about all of them. I have been with 3-4 of the same nurses through this whole journey. They are all great people.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The support team is great. The lab techs are wonderful. The nurses are amazing. The only downfall I can think of is originally speaking with the person in charge of payment. Just seemed a bit cold. It’s not really a fault of anyone though. There is a lot of emotions that go on when thinking about infertility and all of the interactions are wonderful.... payment is never wonderful, especially when you’re thinking of the cost of these procedures. It’s overwhelming.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute.
I believe it was $6000-7000 to begin the IVF treatment. Then $6000-7000 to do the procedures and dna tests. Then $5000-7000 for medication. Egg retrieval was around $5000 and before/after transfer ran over $1500. But with Dr Kim, they have a reassurance program that cuts the cost if the first transfer doesn’t hold. I have not seen this at any other clinic. The costs are cut in half. I believe the total will be around $7000 then the costs of medications.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Griffith is very down to earth and very compassionate. I always felt like he was giving me his best treatment plans and a realistic expectation to what he thought the outcomes would be. He always made me feel comfortable and he never seemed rushed if I was asking him questions...He looked at the protocol used previously, compared my labs and age, and decided to do a cycle with max doses.
I think this [Houston Fertility Institute] clinic’s location does a great job of making patients feel like people even with their high patient count...take the time to work with every patient and answer their questions. I think their biggest weakness is when you have to talk to someone from their call center or after hours who doesn’t really understand your protocol but this is something I would expect from most large practices.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith is very down to earth and very compassionate. I always felt like he was giving me his best treatment plans and a realistic expectation to what he thought the outcomes would be. He always made me feel comfortable and he never seemed rushed if I was asking him questions. His compassion for me and my care is what kept me wanting to go down this path to parenthood.
Go into your consult with an open mind. Be prepared to hear things you may not want to hear but know he is going to give you his educated opinion on what the best course of treatment is for you.
Dr. Griffith always went out of his way to talk to me about my treatment plan. I always felt like he and his staff knew what I had been through specifically versus just another one of their patients.
When I went to Dr. Griffith I had just completed a failed IVF cycle with a different practice. He looked at the protocol used previously, compared my labs and age, and decided to do a cycle with max doses. With DOR he wanted to get the best number of eggs he could get, as quickly as he could get them. We did that protocol twice. The first time we got 1 embryo that was transferred frozen. The second time we transferred 1 fresh and sent the other for PGS testing. The transfer failed and the testing results showed abnormal, missing chromosomes and having extras of others. This gave us more of a clear indication of my poor egg quality so we could proceed to donor egg.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Whitney)
I love all the staff at my clinic but because Whitney was my first nurse I always feel a special connection to her. She’s the first one I contact if I have a concern and I know she will always go above and beyond to get me an answer. She’s super compassionate and sweet and feels more like a friend than a healthcare provider.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I think this clinic’s location does a great job of making patients feel like people even with their high patient count. Yes they are busy but I think they truly take the time to work with every patient and answer their questions. I think their biggest weakness is when you have to talk to someone from their call center or after hours who doesn’t really understand your protocol but this is something I would expect from most large practices.
My costs were covered mainly through insurance billing. My insurance provides up to 3 cycles of IVF. Medications and co-pays were paid out of pocket until deductibles and out of pockets were reached, after that most treatments and medications were covered.
Woodlands Office

Dr. Clapp has a way of speaking to patients like a friend, presenting all the facts while also being delicate. She has a positive and confident demeanor that puts anyone at ease...she presented all of our options and steps to us clearly and in detail as well as ways to pivot if we got an undesirable result...extremely personable and confident and makes us feel that we will get the outcome we all desire, a family of our own
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] is very welcoming...really get to know one another. They are friendly, attentive, and always available if you call to ask questions...costs for an oral medication cycle was roughly $900. The cost for an injectable cycle is around $2000...nice area with a free parking garage
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
When we first consulted with Dr. Clapp she welcomed us like old friends. After going over all of our labs, she presented all of our options and steps to us clearly and in detail as well as ways to pivot if we got an undesirable result. We had to cancel our cycle due to the COVID-19 outbreak, but Dr.Clapp made a point to contact us personally outlining what we would do next as soon as we could get back in the clinic and calmed all of our anxieties and fears. She’s extremely personable and confident and makes us feel that we will get the outcome we all desire, a family of our own.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
Come prepared when seeing Dr. Clapp. If you have any questions write them down and make sure to ask them. If you have any labs, vaccination records, or test results, bring them with you. There’s no such thing as too much information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Alexa Clapp used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
My husband and I wanted to try to get pregnant as naturally as possible, however I was diagnosed with PCOS. We started our cycle out with taking Letrozol, once we found that my ovaries were resistant, we switched to a cycle of Clomid, upping the dosage each time. My follicles continued not to mature, so with a new cycle we are doing doing a combination of things, including taking Metformin and injectables.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff is very welcoming. Because we have to sometimes come in multiple times a week to monitor the growth of follicles, we have the opportunity to really get to know one another. They are friendly, attentive, and always available if you call to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI is one of the largest and most successful fertility clinics in the Greater Houston Area. There are multiple locations so be sure to find one close to your home. Our clinic is located in a nice area with a free parking garage. The clinic itself has a bunch of useful literature if you need it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.
The costs for an oral medication cycle was roughly $900. The cost for an injectable cycle is around $2000.
Describe Alexa Clapp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I don’t have any comments on this because we haven’t gotten to that point in our fertility journey yet, and haven’t discussed.
Beaumont Office

NO matter how dumb your questions sound, don't worry...DR.Yeh has patience for us and will not let you leave unless all your questions are answered...Since day 1 it was clear my cycles were irregular, we went straight to ultrasounds. He said it was recommended to have a hysteroscopy done before we tried any kind of treatment...I felt like he has been the only Dr. who was able to find my problem. He was the 1st fertility Dr. i saw but since i was little ihad signs of PCOS and my Drs never seemed to figure it out. HE was amazing!!!! I have recomended him to a few friends.
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] were very patient and answered all my questions. They have a patient portal to where we as patients can message them directly with questions. if they had the time to give me a call they would...IUI cost between 1200-4000 IVF cost 14000-30000. That was not including the medication needed...everyone has a smile at all times. They offer water and even crackers if yo go on an empty stomach.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
NO matter how dumb your questions sound, don't worry DR. Yeh has patience for us and will not let you leave unless all your questions are answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Yeh listened to me no matter how dumb or simple my questions would be. He knew what to say
Describe the protocols Jason Yeh used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Since day 1 it was clear my cycles were irregular, we went straight to ultrasounds. He said it was recommended to have a hysteroscopy done before we tried any kind of treatment. While waiting for my hysteroscopy appointment we did blood and urine tests and found out i had PCOS, which made it hard for me to ovulate, after that my husband and i wanted IUI treatment but unfortunately when dong the hysteroscopy we found out my tubes were blocked, leaving us with only IVF as our only option. Due to the pandemic i haven't worked for a few months and in order to gather such an amount of money for IVF makes me feel sad. Already knowing i need such a treatment to conceive makes me feel less of a woman!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira Casttleberry)
They were very patient and answered all my questions. They have a patient portal to where we as patients can message them directly with questions. if they had the time to give me a call they would
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I honestly felt that they were great as they are now. I don't think they need to change anything. From walking in, to being called back, to the DR the staff everyone has a smile at all times. They offer water and even crackers if yo go on an empty stomach.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Jason Yeh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He mentioned i was high on egg production. He said while taking the eggs out they would try to take as many as they can at once in case it did't work the 1st time.
2020, Unknown Success
I had extensive blood work done [with Dr. Jason Griffith] and all has come back normal except my vitamin d levels. I was called by his office and given specifics on where to get the supplement and how much to take for how long. I am going to be doing a hysteroscopy soon...bedside manner is amazing. He is real with you, but also gentle and provides hope towards whatever the route will be to our bringing a baby home.
The nurses I have dealt with [at Houston Fertility Institute] have all been very informative and very helpful. They are gentle with me as I go through this process...I see nothing weak about this clinic. So far they are on top of everything and careful with my feelings and my testing has been scheduled with ease and it has been a pleasant experience. I think this clinic offers what every woman needs when going through something so stressful.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is great with explaining in detail the process coming next. He takes time to speak with you and not rush you. He listens when you speak and doesn’t interrupt. Overall he is a great doctor who cares and I believe wants the best outcome for his clinic and our family.
Tell him all your concerns and lay it all out when consulting so he can take the best approach
Dr Griffiths bedside manner is amazing. He is real with you, but also gentle and provides hope towards whatever the route will be to our bringing a baby home.
I have had only diagnostic up to this point. I had extensive blood work done and all has come back normal except my vitamin d levels. I was called by his office and given specifics on where to get the supplement and how much to take for how long. I am going to be doing a hysteroscopy soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nurses I have dealt with have all been very informative and very helpful. They are gentle with me as I go through this process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
So far we have spent only our copay. I am waiting on the bill for the lab work as we will have to pay 20% I believe. Our testing for the hysteroscopy will be $1,000. Then if treatment is needed or we want to try an IUI first it will be no covered by our insurance as they only cover diagnostic. We lost a baby at 13 weeks last year and trying for another is hard enough. Then having to pay out of pocket if you need help is so not helpful in this terrible situation.
Willowbrook Office

We first started off by using testosterone and priming me for one cycle to see how I ovulate son my own [with Dr. Jason Griffith]. Once we did that we then used menupor, cetrotide, gonal and omnitrope. They got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 5 made to blast. We did not pgs any of them.... I was very blunt as to what I expected and what I had already been through he assured me he would make it all happen! He explained to us what new things we would try and the outcomes we could expect! He was always positive we could get pregnant even with my husbands tese sperm! If I ever had a question about anything he would call and explain it to me! He’s amazing!
The office [HFI-The Woodlands] was clean, organized and usually on time using the holidays it was a little slower. They offer snacks, water and coffee In the waiting room. The lady that draws your blood is really sweet and good at her job!.... He allowed us to transfer 2 the first time since I’m 40 and husband is 47, and they were untested day 6 and 7. This transfer resulted in a chemical. We had 3 day 7 blast left and the office had a formal meeting deciding rather we could transfer all 3 since we decided we would be done after this, and they agreed. One took.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
From the minute we stepped into his office and met him we knew he was he doctor for us! I was very blunt as to what I expected and what I had already been through he assured me he would make it all happen! He explained to us what new things we would try and the outcomes we could expect! He was always positive we could get pregnant even with my husbands tese sperm! If I ever had a question about anything he would call and explain it to me! He’s amazing!
Tell him what you expect and what you want from his treatment, he will listen to you!
Where to begin! He has amazing nurses which make the whole experience incredible! I always felt welcomed never rushed and my questions were always answered timely!
We first started off by using testosterone and priming me for one cycle to see how I ovulate son my own. Once we did that we then used menupor, cetrotide, gonal and omnitrope. They got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 5 made to blast. We did not pgs any of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel R )
Amazing!!!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The office was clean, organized and usually on time using the holidays it was a little slower. They offer snacks, water and coffee In the waiting room. The lady that draws your blood is really sweet and good at her job!

2017 - 2019, Successful
he [Dr. Jason Yeh] is willing to take the time to explain and make you feel comfortable...Medicated cycle for egg retrieval, frozen transfer with 1 5-day embryo...He had a conversation with us, explaining the rationale behind transferring one embryo and gave us the option to ask questions. Said we had the ultimate say in the decision but that this was his professional recommendation and we agreed...He was upfront with everything we could expect with the treatment and willing and available to answer questions. He had a great personality, was professional and patient. Seemed invested in our success and us being comfortable with the treatment. We didn't see him at every single appt, but felt comfortable with any of the nurses, staff, other Dr's we interacted with.
Everyone in the office [at HFI] - dr, nurses, staff knew my husband and I when we were there for each appt. Were always willing to work with us on scheduling - convenient hours with working full time, fitting us in last minute for an appt if needed, etc. Dr, nurses and staff seemed invested in the success of our treatment and always made themselves available for questions, concerns, etc...All of the nurses and staff at the Kingwood office were so helpful and kind. They knew my husband and I each time we arrived and were invested in the success of our treatment. I have never been treated so well at a dr office - the nurses and staff made the whole experience great for us.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask questions - he is willing to take the time to explain and make you feel comfortable.
Everyone in the office - dr, nurses, staff knew my husband and I when we were there for each appt. Were always willing to work with us on scheduling - convenient hours with working full time, fitting us in last minute for an appt if needed, etc. Dr, nurses and staff seemed invested in the success of our treatment and always made themselves available for questions, concerns, etc.
Medicated cycle for egg retrieval, frozen transfer with 1 5-day embryo
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: YADIRA CASALDERREY)
She was absolutely amazing and guided us through every step of the process. she made herself available even after hours for any questions or concerns. We love her! All of the nurses and staff at the Kingwood office were so helpful and kind. They knew my husband and I each time we arrived and were invested in the success of our treatment. I have never been treated so well at a dr office - the nurses and staff made the whole experience great for us.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The overall experience at this clinic and the related surgery center were great. Everyone was helpful and willing to make themselves available to answer any questions. Anytime we did have an issue with an appt, financial question, etc, it was quickly resolved. The staff at the clinic was friendly and helpful and we never waited more than 10 minutes for an appt, even though it was always a very busy office. Cannot say enough good things about the way we were treated by everyone we interacted with.
We paid for everything out of pocket for the treatment , procedures and medication. zero insurance coverage until our prenatal coverage kicked in for the monitoring until i graduated to my regular OB. I dont remember the exact amount but it was between $15-$20k for our treatment cycle.
Kingwood Office

Knew details of my case, explained what he thought would work for us. ... Very straightforward with plan of action. Explained reasons for what he thought was best treatment. Thoroughly answered any questions we had. Monitored follicles closely and increased dosage when I was initially slow to respond. ... When we met with dr witz after our failed fresh embryo transfer he recommended frozen embryo transfer as our next step.
Very busy but very efficient. They [Houston Fertility Institute] knew I liked to get in first thing to get to work and did their best to accommodate that. Only clinic open on weekends both Saturday and Sunday. Patient portal could use an upgrade. ... Then the financial advisor emailed me saying he recommended another egg retrieval as our next step. That was frustrating to get conflicting information.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is very straightforward and doesn’t sugarcoat things but I like that. Tells you what he thinks you need to do as an expert in his field.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Knew details of my case, explained what he thought would work for us.
Describe the protocols Craig Witz used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Was participating in a study so I had to do downregulation per study protocol. Then started with lupron and then menopur started with one vial when I was slow to respond upped to 3 then upped to max of 6 vials nightly. Study only produced two embryos, both transfers failed. Next did self-pay cycle with menopur, gonal f and cetrotide. Got 6 embryos, genetically tested, 2 came back normal, 1 indeterminate.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Quick to respond to emails through patient portal.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Very busy but very efficient. They knew I liked to get in first thing to get to work and did their best to accommodate that. Only clinic open on weekends both Saturday and Sunday. Patient portal could use an upgrade.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.
We got into a study so paid $3,500 for our first fresh IVF cycle. Then paidaround $5,000 for frozen embryo transfer. Our self-pay cycle with meds and PGS testing we spent around $25,000.
Describe Craig Witz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He explained risks of multiples and we agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
When we met with dr witz after our failed fresh embryo transfer he recommended frozen embryo transfer as our next step. Then the financial advisor emailed me saying he recommended another egg retrieval as our next step. That was frustrating to get conflicting information.
Houston Office

When our ivf cycle failed, he [Dr. Daniel Williams] had a very loving conversation with us encouraging us to take some time and then come back and we will go at it again from a new perspective. He makes you feel like you are important and he genuinely cares about you...has an all around professional demeanor. He wants to make sure you truly understand what is going to happen. He doesn’t mind re-explaining things and is very patient. Dr. Williams is also compassionate. I am very emotional and some days the tears would get the best of me and Dr. Williams would always be kind and try to make me feel better about the stresses of going through IVF. When our IUI and IVF pregnancy tests were negative he was very compassionate. It was like the results hurt him too. Makes you feel like you are his only patient and that says a lot to me. Especially when you’re going through something as emotional as IVF. I would and have suggested Dr. Williams to several of my friends. He’s great!!
Amber and Kat [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] were absolutely amazing. They were both compassionate, organized, knowledgeable and had great communication skills...The Piney Point office is the one we go to with Dr. Williams. We prefer it over the Sugar Land office, due to the office staff being much more friendly and down to earth. Their biggest strength at HFI, is communication and compassion. They make sure you fully understand what you’re going through and what will happen. They leave no stone unturned. They also make you feel comfortable and cared for during this time. They help you during the times that are a struggle and they will even check on you to make sure you’re doing well.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams has an all around professional demeanor. He wants to make sure you truly understand what is going to happen. He doesn’t mind re-explaining things and is very patient. Dr. Williams is also compassionate. I am very emotional and some days the tears would get the best of me and Dr. Williams would always be kind and try to make me feel better about the stresses of going through IVF. When our IUI and IVF pregnancy tests were negative he was very compassionate. It was like the results hurt him too. Makes you feel like you are his only patient and that says a lot to me. Especially when you’re going through something as emotional as IVF. I would and have suggested Dr. Williams to several of my friends. He’s great!!
Take notes and ask every question, even if it feels stupid or if he has already answered it. Be transparent.
Dr. Williams tried to get to know my husband and me. When we went to the appointments he was very thorough and would look us each in the eye. Making sure we understood and that he wasn’t talking to just one of us. When our ivf cycle failed, he had a very loving conversation with us encouraging us to take some time and then come back and we will go at it again from a new perspective. He makes you feel like you are important and he genuinely cares about you.
I can’t remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Amber Mendoza & Kat Vallejos)
Amber and Kat were absolutely amazing. They were both compassionate, organized, knowledgeable and had great communication skills. I honestly cannot day enough about them. They stood out to me and my husband and nurses/ care coordinator who love their job and who care about their patients.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Houston Fertility Institute is wonderful! The Piney Point office is the one we go to with Dr. Williams. We prefer it over the Sugar Land office, due to the office staff being much more friendly and down to earth. Their biggest strength at HFI, is communication and compassion. They make sure you fully understand what you’re going through and what will happen. They leave no stone unturned. They also make you feel comfortable and cared for during this time. They help you during the times that are a struggle and they will even check on you to make sure you’re doing well.
I cannot remember.
Dr. Williams prefers to implant one embryo but will do two if requested.
Sugar Land Office

He [Dr. Jason Yeh] was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe...He explained to me that it is better to just implant a single embryo instead of multiple. He will test the embryos to see which ones are more likely to implant. I trust his approach and know he has my health in mind with this course of treatment.
[Houston Fertility Institite] has multiple locations...They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing...Yadira [nurse] was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr.Yeh was very compassionate when addressing all my concerns. He took as much time as I needed to feel comfortable about my treatment plan. He also called himself throughout the process to check on me to see how I was feeling. I haven’t had a doctor call to check on me before and it made me feel like he cares about his patients. I was impressed with how through the treatment was and I would recommend him to anyone.
Be on time and allow yourself extra time to talk to the doctor. He will give you as much time as you need to address all questions and concerns.
I took Gonal-f and menopur for 10 days. On day 5 I had to add Centritide to prevent ovulation. I responded very well to the medication. I went 3 days a week to get blood work and a follicle ultrasound to make sure everything was growing the was he wanted it to. I triggered with Lupron and Novarel on day 11 and proceeded with me egg retrieval on day 13. He was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe. I am looking forward to the transfer as soon as the OHSS symptoms go away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira Casalderrey)
Yadira was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic has multiple locations I live 1.5 hours away from the closest clinic. With having so many locations it made it easy to find the closest one. They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing.
My total costs that included all tests, appointments, egg retrieval, freezing embryos and embryo transfer were $11,430. This was after their military discount which it made it even better that they recognize the military.
Houston Office

Personally we want our doctor [Jason Griffith] to transfer 2 but he said 100% that was out of the question for me even if I signed the waiver. ... He was kind, genuine and informative. He made not only me but my husband feel at ease. And let's face it, talking a out IVF and infertility on both sides is awkward and uncomfortable. He helped us to understand what we were looking at and gave us a lot to read and think about as we moved forward.
There was a lot of phone tag back and forth with scheduling my Hysteroscopy. But, part of that again is due to my heart muscle damage. The surgery center my clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] usually uses didn't feel comfortable doing the procedure since it wasn't a full hospital setting. Just on the off ch as nce something went wrong.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Please see previous typed reply. I will add to that, that my husband and I participated in the Walk of Hope in the Woodlands on April 28th this year. We had met Dr. Griffith earlier that month and to our surprise he recognized my husband and I and remember both of our names after just one meeting, that spoke volumes about him to us!!!!! It made us feel like we were human beings and not numbers on a spreadsheet!!
To be flexible in your expectations, science can only manipulate your body so much and so many things have to align properly for the best outcome. It's not on your schedule or timeline, it is on the doctors, meds, and whatever your body sees fit....
We fidt saw Dr. Griffith on April 10th of this year and I was very emotionally charged. The due date we were given before our last miscarriage was April 7th so I was feeling that loss even more so with our first appointment. He was kind, genuine and informative. He made not only me but my husband feel at ease. And let's face it, talking a out IVF and infertility on both sides is awkward and uncomfortable. He helped us to understand what we were looking at and gave us a lot to read and think about as we moved forward.
Still in the process and don't have everything yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Whitney )
She helped me to feel comfortable by just explaining everything to me and she has real empathy towards us patients
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
There was a lot of phone tag back and forth with scheduling my Hysteroscopy. But, part of that again is due to my heart muscle damage. The surgery center my clinic usually uses didn't feel comfortable doing the procedure since it wasn't a full hospital setting. Just on the off ch as nce something went wrong.
Still 8n process but total with medication it is $25,000
Personally we want our doctor to transfer 2 but he said 100% that was out of the question for me even if I signed the waiver. I have heart muscle damage from chemotherapy (chemotherapy that also plays a big part in whybmy ovaries are damaged) He doesn't feel it would be safe for me and he doesn't want to risk it. He said the goal is a healthy baby and Momma, and my husband and I reluctantly agreed. And I di agree with his logic on the issue, 1 pregnancy will be enough strain on my body. He also said it is possible for 1 embryo to split and become twins..... So risking putting I. 2 that could split and become 4 was too much for him.
Woodlands Office

Dr. Skorupski always took the time to answer ALLLLL of my questions- I would write out a list for each appointment. In addition, he always explained things in non-medical terms, so that we would know exactly what was going on. I also appreciate that during our first appointment he took the time to listen to our concerns, and he could see that I was visibly stressed...this man that I had met once seemed to care and have more compassion, than my OB that I had been going to for years!
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] was organized, I was able to get appointments quickly, and everyone that worked there is nice. The lady that draws blood is AMAZING! I have small rolling veins, and she's always able to get blood on the first try and she is gentle...Leah [nurse] is AMAZING! She took the time to answer all of my questions whenever I would call about results. She was also very gentle whenever she was relaying results that were not good.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Pros: -He is extremely patient and knowledgeable. I researched conditions, and treatment EXTENSIVELY before each visit, and came prepared with questions of whatever I did not understand. -He took the time to explain medical terminology, as well as the results of all of our blood work, and the next steps of treatment. - He is very transparent. Cons: -Thus far, I have not had any negative experiences.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Write down all of your concerns, and questions before visits. He will take the time to address and answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Skorupski always took the time to answer ALLLLL of my questions- I would write out a list for each appointment. In addition, he always explained things in non-medical terms, so that we would know exactly what was going on. I also appreciate that during our first appointment he took the time to listen to our concerns, and he could see that I was visibly stressed. He stopped the conversation and said, " It is my job to stress for you. Let me do the stressing, and you worry about being a mommy". It was truly a breath of fresh air, that this man that I had met once seemed to care and have more compassion, than my OB that I had been going to for years! (We started with our OB, and wasted a year before moving on to a specialist)
Describe the protocols Josh Skorupski used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We have just completed the diagnostic phase. After all of the testing and procedures, we met with Dr. Skorupski and he explained the IVF was our best option for getting pregnant. Below is an explanation of the testing that my husband and I have completed. 1. Medicated cycle - He gave me Provera to induce ovulation. He wanted to check my hormone pre, during, and post ovulation. 2.Genetic screening- to determine if I suffer from or am a carrier for any diseases. 3. Semen Analysis (2) -To access the count, motility, and morphology of the sperm and also determine if male factor is present. 4. Hysteroscopy- To see if there is tubal blockage, or polyps on the tubes. A biopsy was also performed. 5. Hormonal blood test as a result of semen analysis- to determine if there were any hormonal issues leading to abnormal semen analysis. 6. Consult with Skorupski to go over results of hysterospcopy and lab work. Fertility treatment suggestion of IVF was made at this appointment. 7.Meeting with genetic specialist.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Leah)
Leah is AMAZING! She took the time to answer all of my questions whenever I would call about results. She was also very gentle whenever she was relaying results that were not good.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic was organized, I was able to get appointments quickly, and everyone that worked there is nice. The lady that draws blood is AMAZING! I have small rolling veins, and she's always able to get blood on the first try and she is gentle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute.
We have started the IVF process yet. We will be starting late October/early November. I was quoted $14000-$18000 ( if we decide to do PGS testing) But for visits and the hysteroscopy, we have spent roughly about $2700.
Describe Josh Skorupski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I have not discussed this with him yet.
Josh Skorupski
Willowbrook Office

prior to my consult he [Dr. Yeh] took time and truly looked in all my medical information I filled previous to the meeting. He explained my endometriosis and also realized PCOS in my history in which I was never informed about. He was honest and explained my percentage with several treatments and didn’t waste my time or money before we went straight into IVF...He listens, he communicates, he gets to know who you are and not another number. You will never feel like you are a bother....
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] is one of the most organized and cleanest I have ever been in. Great location, no long wait times, flexible with your day to day work life...they go out of their way to calm you and explain what they are doing or seeing during exams or ultrasounds. Any questions or problems are quickly addressed in fast timely manner...I would always try to schedule as early as I could due to work schedule. Some days that time wasn’t possible. A quick phone call and other times or even other offices were offered for me to go to if is was closer to my work area for that day. They are very understandable and willing to work with you.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
All doctors prior never gave me hope or options to conceive my own child. At 34, my fears were coming true that I would never become a mother. Until I moved to Houston summer of 2018, I search and researched any hopeful options to give one last chance to conceive. September 2018 I had set up consult with Dr. Yeh and fully expected for him to be like many other previous doctors in giving me no answers or explanation to better my chances or even give me chances. I could tell prior to my consult he took time and truly looked in all my medical information I filled previous to the meeting. He explained my endometriosis and also realized PCOS in my history in which I was never informed about. He was honest and explained my percentage with several treatments and didn’t waste my time or money before we went straight into IVF. He always explained any surgeries or medication along with possible side effects or reasoning for each set. Even though I haven’t been successful yet after three transfers, I would never choose to reconsider any other doctor. At the beginning he didn’t make 100% promise this will work but he did promise he would do anything and everything he could to help me become the only thing I always longed for. So for him to even give me the chance to become a mother is more then any other doctor has given me. I would rather know I tried and gave all I could then just give up because conceiving isn’t as easy as I hoped to be. Dr Yeh gave me that chance, he didn’t just look at my medical history and consider me as a name on a paper with a medical history that was pointless to work with. He continues to fight for me and so I will continue to fight for my dream as well.
This entire process is filled with highs and lows. Confusion and fears. Don’t be afraid to speak up and understand the process. The unknown can be scary but you have a doctor that takes time out to help you understand every you ask or need to be informed about. He listens, he communicates, he gets to know who you are and not another number. You will never feel like you are a bother. He wants success in his patients just as much as he patients want it.
He took time out for any questions or concerns I had during the entire process. He would personally call with results that seem confusing and honestly tell the truth about the outcome good/bad.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I was so nervous the first few times in the beginning. But they go out of their way to calm you and explain what they are doing or seeing during exams or ultrasounds. Any questions or problems are quickly addressed in fast timely manner. They don’t just treat their job as 9-5 and go home. They cheer for your success in this whole process and sadly I had three unsuccessful FETS and they show compassion and words to keep going and not give up. A year ago I was stranger to anyone in the office, now I walk in asking about their kids and weekend. You create a bond and trust they you never knew you needed or would receive. The entire staff is amazing, I truly believe I would have given up if it wasn’t for many of them.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is one of the most organized and cleanest I have ever been in. Great location, no long wait times, flexible with your day to day work life. But as a new patient my first step into the office I was scared and nervous but I left that day feeling like I wasn’t alone and I had entire staff willing to help me in any way they could.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Institute.
To start it was around 14000, plus about another 5000 for the meds. Then slowly other fees came up, like the testing we decide to do, and had to decide before we even knew the number of embryos being tested so ended up testing 18 which added up quickly. Each transfer is around 3900 and meds another 1000-1500. I never expected to be into it over 30000 but it just all adds up especially when transfers fail and you keep having to do another. I wish I would have chosen a different payment package in the beginning but I never expected it to not work after all this.
I believe going into the process, I wanted to transfer two.....then 9 months later with twins. But he outline the risk and also the fact my embryos were tested. The goal is a healthy baby, and I went in thinking it would all line up prefect and successful first FET. Well I was very wrong. I not only realized and understood the risk with transferring two but also the dream and expectations are far from what the result could end up being. I’m glad one was only transfer the last three FETS, but also glad to be given the option to choose two for my 4th and last transfer in hopes to become a mother. Sadly, I don’t know if starting all over to the beginning would be an option since my insurance covers NOTHING for ivf treatment. After all the cost of meds and back to back transfers that come with a huge toll on things. So I am glad to be able to give it all on my last chance

2015 - 2019, Successful
The thing both my spouse and I liked about Dr. Witz was that he asked a lot of questions and we really felt he knew us. He was there for every visit and any procedure we needed to do. He explained things and when I didn't quite understand took the time to explain it a bit differently. We always felt that he took the time needed in order to get our questions answered.
One thing I really loved about the clinic [Hou Fert Inst] in general was that they knew our insurance wasn't going to cover IVF however, any other procedures we had to have done they always made sure it was done somewhere our insurance would cover...The only nurse we interacted with was Morgan and she was phenomenal! She was extremely positive throughout the entire process, always made sure to ask if there were any other questions and was very patient.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Always be ready with your questions. Knowing that we had to pay full price (our insurance didn't cover our IVF) we did our research and had a list of questions for every visit which helped it go faster. He also has a good sense of humor; so, if you want someone more serious; he is not however, that was our favorite thing about him!
Both the office and Dr. Witz were very patient with us. They were never pushy on any of the treatment, educated us on the options we had and left it up to us to make the choices. Receiving a positive pregnancy test was extremely exciting and both Dr. Witz and our Nurse Meghan celebrated with us and when we found out we were going to miscarry; they gave us time in the room and even though it's been 2 years; have never rushed us for our 2nd transfer.
After testing in 2015; we found out we would only be able to conceive via IVF and started on meds right away once we were ready. We started with Follistim 150 units, Dial pen to 150 & Menopur 150 IU, Take 2 vials as directed for 3 days then went back for bloodwork. After every blood draw; they would adjust my medication. After that I took, Follistim 225 units, Dial pen to 225 and Menopur 150 IU, Take 2 vials as directed. Then Cetrotide 0.25 mg was added. We had the egg retrieval and did a fresh transfer soon after that where I was prescribed o Estrace 2 mg, Take one by mouth to dissolve under your tongue THREE times per day; Prometrium 200mg mg/dl, oral 3x/day, Endometrin 100 mg/dl, Pleace two vaginally with applicator twice daily, Progesterone in Sesame Oil 50 mg/ml, give 50mg (1cc) IM each day (check to see if mixture is 100mg/1cc or 50mg/1cc) and was also adjusted as needed depending on my bloodwork. Once they did the BETA test and it was positive meds were adjusted depending on my blookwork as well. On our 6 week visit; was when the baby's heartbeat completely slowed down and BETA levels started to stall which was when we had a conversation with Dr. Witz and said we were going to just stop all of the meds and gave us the option to have a DND or have it happen naturally. I went with naturally which happened 2 weeks later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Bolten)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One thing I really loved about the clinic in general was that they knew our insurance wasn't going to cover IVF however, any other procedures we had to have done they always made sure it was done somewhere our insurance would cover and our doctor was always willing to travel to that clinic to be there. The only thing I didn't like was that we had to pay for the entire IVF upfront vs a payment plan but understand that this may happen at any clinic.
Total: 12, 950 (without meds) Physician Fee: $6, 900 Lab & Facility Fees: $3,000 Anesthesia Fee: $250 IVF Meds: about $2, 500
I have none as we were on the same page with transferring 2.

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Witz] is open & available- often calling me on off hours & using his cell phone. We had a tough road and he never oversold with lofty expectations. He knows the research & was able to present us with facts and honest medical advice for us to make the most informed decision we could....We did a low dose protocol with omnitrope. I overly respond to stimulation but my eggs are not strong so we went with low dose and omnitrope to attempt to boost the egg strength.
Great clinic [Houston Fertility Institute]- clean, free parking, easy to get to. Busy! If you make an appointment at peak times you might be waiting for awhile- seems like they overbook Patient’s. Top notch phlebotomists! These ladies are amazing!! Know your name, ask how you’re doing, never leave you sore or bruised.... My nurse did not call in a specific injection I needed and I had to catch it as I was going through the list with the pharmacy over the phone.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is open & available- often calling me on off hours & using his cell phone. We had a tough road and he never oversold with lofty expectations. He knows the research & was able to present us with facts and honest medical advice for us to make the most informed decision we could.
Reach out to him directly if you ever need to! He will respond & you’ll get good information.
He knows my son (the he helped us have with our 2nd round of ivf), asks about him, knows our lives (work) and personalities. He can be candid and honest with his feedback taking into account all those factors.
We did a low dose protocol with omnitrope. I overly respond to stimulation but my eggs are not strong so we went with low dose and omnitrope to attempt to boost the egg strength. Dr. Witz has only ever done single embryo transfers with rationale of it being a better environment for the fetus and better for the mom’s overall health.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Marquez)
Our primary nurse was a bit low key with our fertility treatments following having our first through IVF. I’m not sure if it’s because we’ve been there for a long time now but she will sometimes just assume I know things. I have to sometimes call to make sure I’m taking the right dose or that I get the right meds before I need them, etc.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great clinic- clean, free parking, easy to get to. Busy! If you make an appointment at peak times you might be waiting for awhile- seems like they overbook Patient’s. Top notch phlebotomists! These ladies are amazing!! Know your name, ask how you’re doing, never leave you sore or bruised. Can’t say enough!
My first round was all cash pay- all in probably $35-40. Next rounds have been partially covered- all in $15-20
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
My nurse did not call in a specific injection I needed and I had to catch it as I was going through the list with the pharmacy over the phone. I was able to get it called in and in the same delivery as the previous meds but would not have known had I not specifically gone over the med list with the pharmacist.
Houston Office

Dr. William's always talked me through the process straight forward and compassionate. He didn't rush every appointment. He was extremely personable and considerate that it was my first time trying to conceive through IVF...He helped me get pregnant
The [Houston Fertility Institute] clinic is very clean, comfortable, and has a sense of calmness to it. For me those are the things I look for when searching for any healthcare facility...This was our first time experiencing IVF and they were so organized. You could tell they were very experienced.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
When all the doctors told me I would never conceive for years and I moved to Houston and was referred to Houston Fertility Institute (HFI) my consultation with Dr. William's was the answer to my prayers. He let me explain my struggles and never rushed or cut me off. He just listened and said I want to help you get there. Understanding my financial difficulties he offered options. It was all such a different experience with Dr. William's. He helped me get pregnant and although she didnt stay on earth long. I was able to experience pregnancy thanks to Dr. Williamas and his team.
Stay positive, ask all the questions you have kept in your journal (I know you have one 😉, and make sure things are explained to your understanding before leaving any appointment.
Dr. William's always talked me through the process straight forward and compassionate. He didn't rush every appointment. He was extremely personable and considerate that it was my first time trying to conceive through IVF. When I delivered emergency csection and my baby passed. The clinic called with condolences. That is humanity at its finest.
Dr. William's and Dr. Witz performed IVF with my own egg retrieval. Luckily for me I did not have any reactions. I took well to the stimulation medication, the shots were fine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
First let me say the entire piney point staff and HFI staff were absolutely amazing. They were organized, flexible to my working schedule, compassionate I mean just wonderful and understanding. They even contacted me when they heard my baby had passed and told me to contact them when I'm ready and want to learn about surrogacy.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very clean, comfortable, and has a sense of calmness to it. For me those are the things I look for when searching for any healthcare facility. My husband was pleased with the clinic and personal as well. This was our first time experiencing IVF and they were so organized. You could tell they were very experienced.
It was a well oiled process. An example, during my pregnancy I started bleeding at work. I called the clinic and explained what was happening. They asked me to come to the office. When I got there I called that I didnt want to sit in the waiting area because my clothes were saturated. They told me how to come up, entered me through a private door, and put me in an exam room and the doctor came to check me right away. They even provided me scrubs to change into.
I used my health insurance for many of the treatments like blood work. Gynecologic monitoring, testing. Unfortunately, my insurance did not cover the IVF.
Yes, Dr. William's was adamant with only transferring one embryo. I did want two to be transferred but he said for my safety, one would be transferred.
Sugar Land Office

Dr Clapp is a wonderful specialist. She is extremely knowledgeable and always happy to explain any procedure to what ever detail made us comfortable. She personally called the lab when we had questions about laboratory equipment and procedures. If I had questions the nurses couldn’t answer she would personally call back. Sometimes she can be matter of fact, but she does care about her patients greatly.
Great clinic [Houston Fertility Institute]. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate. ... They had a wide variety of financial options. They range from single egg retrieval to multiple retrievals and transfers.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
she Works at multiple facilities, so don’t be concerned if you can’t see her every visit. She reviews all the results and works with the other doctors in her practice and ultimately makes the recommendations for your treatment
The nurses were spectacular. Called every day to check on me, provide updates and answer any questions I had
We started with androgen Hormone priming (estrogen & testosterone) to promote better quality eggs since I am older than 35 & previous 2 retrievals resulted in Poor quality embryos. We planned on a 10 day ovarian stimulation with max doses of menopur and gonal F. She adjusted to 12 days of stimulation to allow the eggs to further mature. We had planned on fresh day 3 transfer. Dr clapp recommended against this as my progesterone rose to a level where fresh transfers are unsuccessful. She explained everything and we moved to a freeze all. By day 5 we only had 1 blast embryo, but 5 still growing. We let them mature to day 6 and got one more blast. We then did a frozen transfer of both embryos (one excellent quality the other fair). We had a live singleton birth as the result. No complications during pregnancy. Easy birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
Called frequently with test results and to check on me. Very friendly and compassionate. Efficient at care & provided excellent follow up
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great clinic. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate.
Dr Clapp makes her recommendations on a case by case basis. I really felt like she was tailoring our treatment to us vs blindly following a protocol.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr. Hoff was patient and kind, especially when I was at my worst (and crying in her office!). She did not hesitate to lend an ear or give a hug. I felt like she was just as invested in my IVF success as I was...Be prepared to see other providers, the doctors rotate to multiple clinic sites...I did 2 IUIs, 1 with Clomid and 1 with Femara, in conjunction with an Ovidrel trigger shot. My IVF cycle consisted of priming with estrogen and testosterone gel, followed by a microdose lupron protocol.
Be prepared to see other providers, the doctors rotate to multiple clinic sites [at Houston Fertility Center]...Rarely their verbal instructions did not match the instructions in my portal; however I was happy with their communication overall...A few times I had to remind them to call in prescriptions to my local pharmacy or to a specialty pharmacy for medication delivery...timed intercourse cycle with Clomid: $800. Approximately $25K for IVF cycle, egg retrieval, and fresh embryo transfer.
How was your experience with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hoff personally responded to questions and called to notify me of my negative pregnancy test following IVF and embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Judy, Ronica)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic staff, from the front desk to the phlebotomist, were all friendly and helpful. It was easy to make an appointment to fit my work schedule and they were able to fit me in at the last minute when needed. I preferred to have follicle scans performed by doctors (as opposed to medical assistants) but that was not always possible.
Monitoring appointments were quick and efficient with results/instructions uploaded to my patient portal by the same afternoon.
Timed intercourse cycle with Clomid: $800. Approximately $25K for IVF cycle, egg retrieval, and fresh embryo transfer.
She was open to transferring 2 fresh embryos (they were the only embryos resulting from my IVF cycle)
Memorial Hermann Med Center
He [Dr. Jonathan Kim] personally called me when I called and asked the nurse a question. He told me no question was silly and if I have any concerns or questions to please call him...I do wish I saw him more at each appointment, but I was glad to be able to hear directly from him if we wanted after the appointment...he is really nice, honest, straightforward, smart, and will explain thing fairly detailed...I started bleeding after appointment later dr Kim called and said Hcg more then doubled progesterone had raised, but was still very low(3). He was now very concerned that it was ectopic. He had me come in a day or two later.
I think [Houston Fertility Institite is] clean, professional, accommodating and I believe they care. I trust the doctors and their knowledge to help families! I had one major issue with them in regards to insurance, the doctor and facility was covered, but the lab for the embryologist was not and that was a surprise bill of almost 8k. That was not told to me and unexpected. I wish they didn’t charge so much as many other places (not in Houston area) are more cost effective. With that being said I do believe they are good at what they do, helping families have children.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
I liked that he didn’t shy away from the realistic outcomes (sch, heartbeat being low, miscarriage) he was honest and up front about about sch and that it could be normal but it did increase miscarriage chance slightly. I saw another doctor there for an ultrasound that we found the heartbeat to be lower then the last ultrasound and I felt he skirted the obvious concern until asked several times and still wasn’t completely open. When dr Kim called he said the chances at miscarriage at that point was 85% but that it could be from the trauma of the sch. Of course I hate hearing bad news but I would rather not be blindsided and have a realistic expectation. I do wish I saw him more at each appointment, but I was glad to be able to hear directly from him if we wanted after the appointment.
That he is really nice, honest, straightforward, smart, and will explain thing fairly detailed. You won’t see him every time since he is at different locations.
He personally called me when I called and asked the nurse a question. He told me no question was silly and if I have any concerns or questions to please call him.
We did blood work first as I came in for baseline at cycle day 3. I was put on birth control To do a Hysteroscopy. Before I started B/C I took a pregnancy test. It was slightly positive. (Which was weird since I had a pretty normal period) I looked at blood work from a few days prior and hcg was very low and “not pregnant” I called and told them, doctor called and said it was likely a chemical since progesterone was less then one, but he had me come kind roe blood work. Hcg did not double and progesterone was still very low, less then 1. He called and updated me again saying it would be ectopic again. He had me come in 4days later. I started bleeding after appointment later dr Kim called and said Hcg more then doubled progesterone had raised, but was still very low(3). He was now very concerned that it was ectopic. He had me come in a day or two later. I was having pain and had fluid in my abdomen at the ultrasound. He then scheduled a laparoscopy due to likely ectopic and rupture. He went in and took his time he saw no rupture, my remaining tube was fine, but did remove blood from abdomen, he followed that with a d&c so that he could confirm if the pregnancy was in the uterus or if I needed the methotrexate to keep tube safe. He had me in a couple days later and hcg did not drop like he had hoped after d&c so it was confirmed ectopic and was proscribed methotrexate. Becasue of yet another loss(3), second confirmed ectopic, and one tube he concluded that there was likely a tubal functionality issue (nothing physically wrong with remaining tube and it was not blocked he looked at the hsg I had done with OBGYN previously) we did the eggretrival first before the Hysteroscopy. We were on gonal f(150), menopur(75), centrotide, and luprolide(sp?) . He did change is up a bit towards the end increasing menopure and lowering gonal. He also added a day or two. I had to order more menopure and centrotide. We were seeing about 20-24 sizable follicles on ultrasound. Egg retrieval resulted in 15 eggs, 15 mature, 7 made it blast and 5 pgs tested normal embryos. Hysteroscopy found a few small Polups they were removed, but everything else looked good. We had to wait a bit financially before transfer. I was on estrodiol 2mg tablets orally 3 times a day. The lining was not progressing as much as he wanted so he switched me to vaginaly 3 times a day. Started 2ml pio injections. I got a positive hpt at 5dp5dt. Blood test was at 9dp hcg was more then doubling on schedule. First ultrasound confirmed it was in the uterus, I started bleeding red blood 6w4days they had me come in the next day. Heartbeat was 91(a little low) and we were measuring a couple day behind and he saw a hematoma twice the size of the gestational sack. He told us it could be normal as 20% of IVF patients get them. He said once we see a heartbeat miscarriage drops to 5%, but the miscarriage rate raises to 15%. He said we just need to keep an eye on it and he increased my progesterone to 3ml for three days. He did let me know that I may pass a clot. At 7w3d I started bleeding red blood and a rather large clot. They had me come in the next day this is wen we saw a different doc and heartbeat dropped to 75 and size wise it was only 6w3days. We asked dr Kim to call us and he said they it was not a good sign that likelyhood at this point of miscarriage was 85% but that it could be a trauma from the hematoma maybe why it dropped. Two days later there was no heartbeat. I was given the choice of d&c or meds to start contractions. I chose the medicine in hopes of seeing the baby. I was warned of the “pain” side effects from meds vs d&c process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: There were three I spoke to often and received messages from on the portal. (Joy, Patrica, Connie))
The only issues I had was: 1) I loved joy, although at times (More so on the phone) it was harder to understand. 2) I believe Patrica switched the dosage of my gonal f and menopure when putting the prescription in the portal, therefor the wrong dosage was ordered. I was assured it would be ok and that the would start with that and change it if they needed to. I did end up needing to order extra menopur and had extra gonal f, but I think the results from egg retrieval went well, although I don’t know what the other outcome would have been. I think they are all great and really sweet and kind.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I think it’s clean, professional, accommodating and I believe they care. I trust the doctors and their knowledge to help families! I had one major issue with them in regards to insurance, the doctor and facility was covered, but the lab for the embryologist was not and that was a surprise bill of almost 8k. That was not told to me and unexpected. I wish they didn’t charge so much as many other places (not in Houston area) are more cost effective. With that being said I do believe they are good at what they do, helping families have children.
Cash price 6900 for physician, Lab 3000 Facility 2800 Anesthesiologists 250 Meds 4000-7000 Additional FET Doctor 1750 Lab 725 Facility 1400 Meds 300-1000
I believe he mentioned and suggested 1 embryo and that one healthy baby, mother, pregnancy and birth was the goal. Although, I never had an doubt that I wanted to only transfer 1. Now I might consider using two, but unlikely.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I feel like I explained this before, but the dosage of my menopure and gonal f were switched when putting prescriptions in the portal to the wrong dosage was ordered. They assured me it would be ok and they would use that dosage and change it if they needed to. I did end up needing to order more menopure and had extra gonal at the end. But I believe the results of egg retrieval went well. I believe one time when I needed to order extra menopur, they didn’t call before the end of the day Friday. I was able to get my beds in time, with a little extra stress. With that being said they also called pharmacy extra times when pharmacy was being picky and complicated
Sugar Land Office

Whenever I was in Dr. Stewards presence, I felt like a person...Be prepared for very cut and dry black and white approach. He is warm with more visits and he does have a great bedside manner. I felt I was in extremely competent hands with someone who is very confident in his skills...After suffering 3 miscarriages in 2017 and the work up was done from oct 2017-dec 2017 and was essentially negative and no causes found for miscarriages
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
My obgyn gave me two options in The Woodlands. Dr. Steward or Dr. Griffith. In doing research, I chose Dr. Steward because he was younger, native Texan, trained at Duke , had personal experience with multiple miscarriages with his wife (At the time of the appt I had three miscarriages in a row and was desperate for answers) and had a kind, empathetic face. I just had a second d and c three days prior to my appt with him, so I was very fragile at that time. At our first meeting he set out an exact plan for us to complete at our pace and never pressured us to rush through the work up. Everything he hypothesized was happening with us came true. He said this is not a sperm issue, no need to even do a sperm test, we have gotten pregnant three times on the first try on our own, sperm could not be involved. And of course I forced my husband to do the SA and it came back with off the chart stellar numbers. He hypothesized I may have some lackadaisical hormones and mild "garden variety ovulatory dysfunction" which does not fit in any type of diagnosis and because of that, I ovulate late and can't ramp up the hormone supply needed with pregnancy. Since my AMH levels were great (5) and age was 33, we could build my entire family at the age of 33 with PGS tested embryos and give ample hormone support as well as aspirin and lovenox to prevent miscarriage with a frozen embryo cycle. Well all the testing was normal including sperm, uterus, etc and my hormones were exactly as he said. We elected to proceed with IVF instead of an assisted monitoring cycle so we could build our family NOW and take off any pressure to have more kids in a rapid succession later. As he predicted, I did not need a ton of medication due to the great AMH at 5. with embryo retrieval we got 13 total. 12 mature. 12 fertilized. 8 have been sent to PGS testing as day 6 blastocysts and we are currently waiting on these results. The process has gone exactly as he said it would. He nailed the medications. I did not have ANY left over. I did NOT hyper stimulate. I feel like we got the most "bang for our buck" with the 8 embryos for pgs testing (the max amount allowed without paying extra) and spent 4k on meds without wasting/having leftovers. He has been blunt with delivery but so kind and warm and most importantly has been 100% accurate thus far. I am in the medical field and it's VERY difficult for me to be the patient and I have surrendered and trust him with every decision here on out. no questions asked. I highly recommend him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
He knows his stuff. If you bring research he will review it with you and weigh in. He does listen and consider what you have to say but without a doubt every question I had, or concern I had, his knowledge prevailed and he was right. Be prepared for very cut and dry black and white approach. He is warm with more visits and he does have a great bedside manner. I felt I was in extremely competent hands with someone who is very confident in his skills.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Whenever I was in Dr. Stewards presence, I felt like a person. He remembered specific stories we have shared or remembered to ask about recent vacations. When I was going through the actual monitoring appts at the clinic without interaction with him, I Felt more like a number
Describe the protocols Ryan Steward used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
After suffering 3 miscarriages in 2017 and the work up was done from oct 2017-dec 2017 and was essentially negative and no causes found for miscarriages, I was presented with three options. 1) do what he have been doing and call when pregnant for hormone support 2)assisted cycle with Timed intercourse to really nail ovulation time and with climid maybe producing more than 1 follicle with more options for sperm to find egg and also use hormonal support with progerstone or do 3)IVF with PGS testing and build our entire family at 33 years old. He said he would leave it to us. We ultimately decided to skip to IVF as 2017 was a long hard year with three losses and we were ready to be parents and surrender a little bit of control bc what he had been doing had not yet produced a live birth. So in january after a much needed vacation, I downregulated with birth control for 2 weeks, stimulated with Gonal F 150 and Menopur 150 for 10 days (with ceteotride for ovulation prevention added in when my follicles got to 13). He stated I did not need many meds as I have a garden variety ovulatory dysfunction in the pcos family but not severe enough to be pcos with an AMH of 5. He nailed the medications. I did not have any left over so there was no money wasted. I only had two monitoring appts week one and two appts week 2, so 4 total and it was not a disruption to my life or full time work schedule. I got 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 8 made it to 6day blastocyst and we have sent those for PGS and waiting on results. I consider this very successful at this point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jennice)
Jennice was super intelligent. She gave us a one on one IV injections class. Always called me in addition to sending messages to my portal and was caring and compassionate at appts. I had a few other ladies do some random monitoring on me during cycle and Jennice was by far the best.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI strengths: VOLUME. They do this so much they know their stuff and have seen it all and can handle it all. Their embryologist communication was excellent post retrieval. they do retrievals on weekends. I was so pleased that they did not accelerate my cycle or downregulate my cycle to make it more convenient for them. Weaknesses: you do not get one on one time with your doctor at every monitoring appt unless you have some particularly unusual case. So get comfortable with nurses giving you answers and not doctors. Get the first AM appt at the woodlands office or else you will be waiting for a while. they use the portal a lot so get used to it. You may not have your doctor for every procedure. I had a hysteroscopy with another doctor but she truly was wonderful so I did not mind. I also wanted to keep on a schedule and not wait until my doctor had an available operating slot, so I am sure I Could have had him if I wanted to. They have call doctors for weekends so you may not have your retrieval with your exact doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute.
workup, including hysteroscopy, was billed under Recurrent pregnancy loss and was covered under insurance without any out of pocket cost, except for Sperm analysis which was 100$ doctor fee/cycle monitoring 6900$ anesthesia for retrieval 250$ surgery center cost for retrieval 2800$ pgs testing and other lab fees 7,750$ medications 4,100$ have not ordered medications for transfer yet but I think about 1,000$ FIRST transfer is included in the original costs. subsequent transfers of frozen embryos will be around 2,000$
Describe Ryan Steward's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Steward only recommended FET after PGS testing for me given that our goal was to not have any more miscarriages (we already had 3).
Ryan Steward