Alexa Clapp

Woodlands Office
9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380
281-681-0480

Dr. Williams was very nice but he did not preform any of my IUIs, nor did he do any of my ultrasounds or check up. The only time we met was after each failed IUI...I just didn’t feel like we got 100% of his full attention. Our first consultation, I had sent the clinic my prior medical records and at our consultation I had to resend them because he hadn’t received them, so that means he didn’t have time to review the 30 page file prior to meeting. I felt a little rush during our first meeting, waited over an hour in the waiting room and had two other couples behind us.
I had to follow up several time regarding my medication pre-authorization between the clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] and my insurance. My insurance kept telling me the clinic hasn’t sent them the form that needed to be completed for the pre-authorization...Front desk ladies lacked patience and were sometimes rude. Just be prepared to take your sperm sample and sit in the lobby for 15-30 mins on the day of your IUI. You would think they would push you through right away to see a nurse when you have valuable cargo! Nope! That’s when you feel like a number.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
See prior note. Dr. Williams was very nice but he did not preform any of my IUIs, nor did he do any of my ultrasounds or check up. The only time we met was after each failed IUI. I’m not sure if that is standard with all doctors at HFI. I did feel confident with all of the nurses and doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
I believe he goes back and forth to two locations. I only seemed to be able to make appointments at 4 pm on certain days.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams was very friendly, I just didn’t feel like we got 100% of his full attention. Our first consultation, I had sent the clinic my prior medical records and at our consultation I had to resend them because he hadn’t received them, so that means he didn’t have time to review the 30 page file prior to meeting. I felt a little rush during our first meeting, waited over an hour in the waiting room and had two other couples behind us. HFI has really good satistics so we stayed with Dr. Williams and try 3 IUIs that we’re all BFN.
Describe the protocols Daniel Williams used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
1st IUI femara- and trigger shot body responded really good with 3 follicles. And endometrian. 2nd IUI femara and Trigger shout only one follicle. And endometrian. 3rd IUI injection. Gonal F, Trigger shot and endometrian
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.
My insurance covered most of my medications and IUIs so the costs were pretty good
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I had to follow up several time regarding my medication pre-authorization between the clinic and my insurance. My insurance kept telling me the clinic hasn’t sent them the form that needed to be completed for the pre-authorization.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Witz seems like a great doctor. When I met with him, I felt like he answered all of my questions candidly. However, I rarely saw him. I would see him for a meeting before I started a round of IUI. He never performed any of my IUI procedures, as he has colleagues that take different shifts....Dr. Witz prescribed a small dosage of clomid followed by IUI. One of his colleagues questioned my treatment strategy when he performed an initial exam as I started a cycle however, he went with the orders left by Dr. Witz. It made me concerned that perhaps there were newer ideas that may work better.
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute]seemed to have a high turn-over ratio. The only constant staff were the women who took the blood...Every visit was to a jammed pack waiting room full of women trying to have babies, women pregnant, and women with small children. I rarely saw the same nurse twice. I only saw the doctor at the beginning of each cycle. Rarely did I ever get in & out near my appointment time....$1500 per medicated IUI cycle plus drugs.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Witz seems like a great doctor. When I met with him, I felt like he answered all of my questions candidly. However, I rarely saw him. I would see him for a meeting before I started a round of IUI. He never performed any of my IUI procedures, as he has colleagues that take different shifts. Maybe my cycles just didn't coincide with his work schedule. He was highly recommended by my gynecologist.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Infertility is a vicious cycle. Be prepared to see lots of women crying. Every appointment was full of women crying because they lost a baby, because they got pregnant, or because they found out they weren't pregnant. Dr. Witz was never there when I got my pregnancy test results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Every visit was to a jammed pack waiting room full of women trying to have babies, women pregnant, and women with small children. I rarely saw the same nurse twice. I only saw the doctor at the beginning of each cycle. Rarely did I ever get in & out near my appointment time. The only constant people were the people taking my blood.
Describe the protocols Craig Witz used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff seemed to have a high turn-over ratio. The only constant staff were the women who took the blood. When I went back 6 months after completing & failing 3 cycles, there was not a single nurse that i had seen before.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI is a well respected clinic. I wish there was a separate waiting area for women receiving fertility treatment from the women who are already pregnant or who were having to have D&Cs. I was always stressed out seeing all of the different emotions. I also wish there was a way to get in at your appointment time. Most appointments took less than 10 minutes, but it could take an hour or more to get into a treatment room. Saturdays & the days after holidays were the worst.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.
$1500 per medicated IUI cycle plus drugs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
On one IUI cycle I was told to take two vaginal hormonal inserts a day. On another IUI cycle I was told to only take one. When I questioned it, I was told that two was entirely too much I must have misunderstood the instructions from the first cycle. I will always wonder if the extra hormones caused me not to conceive.
Houston Office
He [Dr. Daniel Williams] diagnosed my issue right away and set a course of action that was followed. He adjusted my medication along the way, and in the end, I had healthy twins after my first embryo transfer with him. Also he shared good stats with me regarding what my outcome would likely entail.... Dr. Williams was adamant that we use frozen embryos, which I had, and highly recommended genetic testing. We did that and found that 3 of the 4 embryos were normal (one was thrown out due to abnormality)
Dr. Williams and his staff [at the Houston Fertility Institute] are top quality. It's clear that they run a professional and organized office. The patient portal makes it crystal clear to the patient regarding test results and instructions. His office staff was quick to respond to any questions that I had as well. Also a very clean facility. (Weakness: the lady that drew the blood was not very friendly.)
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He diagnosed my issue right away and set a course of action that was followed. He adjusted my medication along the way, and in the end, I had healthy twins after my first embryo transfer with him. Also he shared good stats with me regarding what my outcome would likely entail.
Show up prepared with your information because he needs to know everything in order to set an appropriate course of action. Ask questions - he will take the time to answer them!
He was very prepared to review my case when I went in to meet him (after I had submit medical information online). He asked the right questions, explained his recommendations clearly, and gave me optimistic feedback.
Dr. Williams was adamant that we use frozen embryos, which I had, and highly recommended genetic testing. We did that and found that 3 of the 4 embryos were normal (one was thrown out due to abnormality). I don't remember the pre-transfer medications exactly but I think I did estrogen patches, Lupron and progesterone shots. Post-transfer, I took baby aspirin, heparin shots, estrogen patches and progesterone shots for up to 12 weeks. We placed two 5-days blastocysts in and I delivered to 2 healthy baby boys at 37 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Great communication through the patient portal. Answered all of my MANY questions very willingly.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Williams and his staff are top quality. It's clear that they run a professional and organized office. The patient portal makes it crystal clear to the patient regarding test results and instructions. His office staff was quick to respond to any questions that I had as well. Also a very clean facility. (Weakness: the lady that drew the blood was not very friendly.)
$5000 for genetic testing. Approximately $2000 for medication. $2000 Hysteroscopy (removal of polyp) TOTAL COST: Approximately $20,000 (using a frozen embryo; he did not do the egg retrieval)
Describe Daniel Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He had a strong preference to using 2 embryos
2013 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Haddad was nice, but you never saw him during your visits during your treatment. You feel like you are just a person on a piece of paper. No real personal care. Although I like this office and the nurses their was not a lot of personal interest...Overall the treatment plan was easy to follow and communicated when they said they would. I believe the protocol was much improved compared to my previous IVF dr. You do not have input, but it appeared to be effective.
[Houston Fertility Institute was] Strong on nursing staff and communication through the patient portal. Weakness in personal care of the patient that is spending a lot of money and emotion. I have felt like they did not know me and I had spent several years in their offices under treatment... If you want personal touch and experience this is not the office for you. The procedures and communication with electric options are clear, but you are disconnect through the process in its entire dealings. I have had many procedures with costly out of pocket costs but they do not care.
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
The office's were in great location and easy to get in and out. Dr. Haddad was nice, but you never saw him during your visits during your treatment. You feel like you are just a person on a piece of paper. No real personal care. Although I like this office and the nurses their was not a lot of personal interest.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
Understand the expectation of this office prior. If you want personal touch and experience this is not the office for you. The procedures and communication with electric options are clear, but you are disconnect through the process in its entire dealings. I have had many procedures with costly out of pocket costs but they do not care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
This office has some pros and cons. The office you could get in and out of the office quickly, but you almost never saw the Dr. that was in charge of your cycle.
Describe the protocols Gus Haddad used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
At this office you deal with the nursing staff more so than ANY of the Dr.'s. I have been to several of the offices and they all work in a similar fashion. The nurses is whom you always were in contact with for treatment guidelines, questions and overall details.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strong on nursing staff and communication through the patient portal. Weakness in personal care of the patient that is spending a lot of money and emotion. I have felt like they did not know me and I had spent several years in their offices under treatment. When going through infertility you need compassion and this office lacks this. It almost felt like it was a society of people and who you knew.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute.
Very expensive but expect this is a normal expectation.

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
I was treated like a human, because Dr Skorupski took the time to listen to me, and to explain to me what were my options, and also the chances of success. He requested so many tests. Unfortunately, my 3 IUI were not successful...is a good listener. He explains to his patients, in detail, all the options on the table, and also the risks. He asks for exams, and when the results are out there, he takes time to explain the diagnosis. My experience with him personally was not bad. This assessment says a lot, because I could be somehow biased against him, because I did an IUI procedure at least 3 times, and the result was negative.
The nurses [at Houston Fertility Institute] always tried to make me comfortable. I could feel their passion. So this is their main strength. The weakness is related to my 2nd IUI. Because that time my husband sperm was abundant and of good quality, the nurse make me feel like this time, the result would be positive, and I'll conceive. I was really disappointed by the outcome...My husband sperm was kept and frozen. It was a free service at the time. After one year, they decided to make that service no longer for free. They didn't communicate about it. So, we found it out when they sent a bill. we called them and they finally waived that fee, and destroyed my husband sperm sample.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Josh Skorupski is a good listener. He explains to his patients, in detail, all the options on the table, and also the risks. He asks for exams, and when the results are out there, he takes time to explain the diagnosis. My experience with him personally was not bad. This assessment says a lot, because I could be somehow biased against him, because I did an IUI procedure at least 3 times, and the result was negative. At the time, my Husband was working overseas, while I was leaving alone, and jobless, with no real support system, beside a cousin of mine. So I felt a little bit traumatized by the outcome. During the first 2 visits, my husband came with me. We had prepared several questions, and Dr Skorupski replied to each of them to our satisfaction. I did many exams, and so did my husband. There was no red flag for me, while my husband had low sperm count. Josh Skorupski recommended to avoid stressfull situations, exercise, and sleep regularly. We did our first IUI before my husband return trip, and it was negative. When my husband returned to Houston, his sperm count had significantly improved, and was normal. We did the 2nd IUI and it still failed. the HFI froze my husband semen, and I did a 3rd IUI, which also failed. SO, that's a summary of my experience with Dr Skorupski. I believe he did what he had to. But we were just unlucky.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
I would say, do your research, and come prepare with your questions on your first visit. Dr Skorupski will always ask you about your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Josh Skorupski used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We did IUI 3 times. Before each procedure, Dr Skorupski made me use folic acid, or Clomiphene. Then during the procedure, I was injected hormones like endometrin.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nurses always tried to make me comfortable. I could feel their passion. So this is their main strength. The weakness is related to my 2nd IUI. Because that time my husband sperm was abundant and of good quality, the nurse make me feel like this time, the result would be positive, and I'll conceive. I was really disappointed by the outcome.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Houston Fertility clinic in Willowbrook, was near our house, so it was a plus for me. It was also easy to secure an appointment. The facility seemed well maintained. The weakness, was the waiting time. Sometimes, I would show up on time for my appointment, but would wait more time before being able to see the doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute.
I don't remember very well, but I believe the cost of IUI cycle and medication was around $2,500 to $3,000
Describe Josh Skorupski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I did IUI conception procedure. So, we never reached to the level of embryo transfers.
Josh Skorupski

2015, Unsuccessful
Investor
On our first round of IVF [with Dr. Craig Witz], we had a lot of eggs retrieved (~12 embryos) but then very low quality. Most eggs stopped growing after day 3. Only one egg passed genetic testing and it was a 7 day egg. Now we know most clinics would not have transferred this egg due to low quality. Instead, Dr. Witz encouraged us to do so. When this was unsuccessful, he told us on the next attempt, we could add growth hormone to improve egg quality. Once the next procedure protocol was established, Dr. Witz did not prescribe growth hormone. When we discussed this with him, he told us due to FDA scrutiny, fertility clinics were no longer using growth hormone and we'd have to go to Europe to get it. So we proceeded with a 2nd round of egg retrieval without it. Again, we had a large number of eggs / embryos, but they did not make it past day 3. We were left with only one 7 day embryo that passed genetic testing. Again, Dr. Witz encouraged us to transfer this egg. So we went through the time/stress/expense to transfer it with yet again a bad result. We have since learned that most other fertility clinics across the U.S. still use growth hormone. We used it on our next egg retrieval round in Colorado and had excellent results (6 very high quality embryos resulting in one live birth - our daughter). I believe HFI is now using growth hormone again. During procedures, Dr. Witz seemed more interested in the music we wanted played than explaining the procedure itself. He may have been trying to get us to relax but it felt strange.
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] was extremely busy and did a poor job of communicating the process to me or displaying that they cared about what we were going through. In particular, I think they do a poor job of communicating with out of town patient. Maybe an in town patient experience would be better. I frequently could not get through to the nurse to ask questions in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
This clinic was a complete waste of time and we felt misguided throughout the process. On our first round of IVF, we had a lot of eggs retrieved (~12 embryos) but then very low quality. Most eggs stopped growing after day 3. Only one egg passed genetic testing and it was a 7 day egg. Now we know most clinics would not have transferred this egg due to low quality. Instead, Dr. Witz encouraged us to do so. When this was unsuccessful, he told us on the next attempt, we could add growth hormone to improve egg quality. Once the next procedure protocol was established, Dr. Witz did not prescribe growth hormone. When we discussed this with him, he told us due to FDA scrutiny, fertility clinics were no longer using growth hormone and we'd have to go to Europe to get it. So we proceeded with a 2nd round of egg retrieval without it. Again, we had a large number of eggs / embryos, but they did not make it past day 3. We were left with only one 7 day embryo that passed genetic testing. Again, Dr. Witz encouraged us to transfer this egg. So we went through the time/stress/expense to transfer it with yet again a bad result. We have since learned that most other fertility clinics across the U.S. still use growth hormone. We used it on our next egg retrieval round in Colorado and had excellent results (6 very high quality embryos resulting in one live birth - our daughter). I believe HFI is now using growth hormone again. During procedures, Dr. Witz seemed more interested in the music we wanted played than explaining the procedure itself. He may have been trying to get us to relax but it felt strange.
If you are older or have egg quality issues, ask him to use growth hormone during the first attempt. If you have a 7 day egg that passes genetic testing (or a low quality egg), don't bother to transfer it. Freeze it and go for another retrieval.
The clinic was extremely busy and did a poor job of communicating the process to me or displaying that they cared about what we were going through. In particular, I think they do a poor job of communicating with out of town patient. Maybe an in town patient experience would be better. I frequently could not get through to the nurse to ask questions in a timely manner.
Our protocol felt very cookie cutter. He didn't make adjustments during the process based on how fast our eggs were growing or that were specific to our issue - poor egg quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
We were initially assigned a relatively new nurse who was horrible - she was not compassionate and over-worked. She also didn't have answers to our basic questions but always stated that the doctor wasn't available to answer them. The 2nd nurse was someone who had been at the clinic a long time and was much more understanding and knowledgable. Although you could tell she was also overworked and had limited time.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It was a nice clinic but the staff seemed overworked.
The first round of IVF was between $15 and $20k, I can't remember exactly. If you get genetic testing (PGS), I think it was $5k and that covered 10 eggs. If your first round doesn't work, you get a discount on the 2nd round, so I think that was more about $10k to $12k.
Describe Craig Witz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
We knew for certain we only wanted to transfer one embryo (and we never had more than one at HFI) so this wasn't discussed.

2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Ryan Steward] is young but extremely bright and current on research and new techniques (which is very important in fertility medicine). While with some patients his confidence may be a turn-off, I found that the more we worked with him the warmer he became. His bedside manner improved significantly throughout the course of our treatments. If we need to do fertility treatments again I will 100% go back to him.
Dr. Steward's nursing staff deserves an A+. They are compassionate, kind, patient, and warm. They actually answer the phone to answer questions and are quick to respond on the patient portal...This clinic is busy- schedule your appointments as far in advance as you can and very early in the day if possible. They tend to run late once it gets closer to lunch time. The patient portal provides quick access to your test and lab results and provides instructions for all your procedures.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
I generally prefer my doctors/surgeons to be near retirement age. Experience is so important in medicine. Dr. Steward was an exception. He is young but extremely bright and current on research and new techniques (which is very important in fertility medicine). While with some patients his confidence may be a turn-off, I found that the more we worked with him the warmer he became. His bedside manner improved significantly throughout the course of our treatments. If we need to do fertility treatments again I will 100% go back to him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Do not be afraid to push back or ask for more clarification on your treatment plan or progress. Dr. Steward knows his stuff and if you have informed and thoughtful questions he is more than eager to answer them with as much detail as you might want.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
The support staff at HFI is amazing, caring, and warm. All were eager to answer all my questions and were incredibly patient. Frankly you spend a lot more time with them than the doctor so I think the nurses are what most positively affected my experience at HFI.

2007 - 2013, Successful
Dr.Witz had a dry sense of humor that matched ours and he consistently tried to set attainable goals. There are no guarantees in infertility but he definitely tries to help to build your family.... Dr. Witz was repeatedly kind but frank when I needed it. My Husband and I both say that we would not have survived the process (clomid, IUI 3x and IVF 2x then a FET 1) had we not had Dr. Witz. It’s easy to feel like a petry dish but he helped us stay human and helped us look for the humor in the awful.
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] does need help with scheduling but every doctor office I have ever visited is always running behind.... Nurses can make or break a clinic. The nurses I dealt with, Carolina and Maria were the best. They knew who I was, what I was going through that day and were my champions throughout the process.... Our IVF rounds cost between $12-17k, IUI $2 , FET $7k...
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
I’m a Latina and when you receive the blow that infertility is a battle you’re going through it can be crippling bc our culture is so deep rooted in family that you think you’re broken. Dr. Witz was repeatedly kind but frank when I needed it. My Husband and I both say that we would not have survived the process (clomid, IUI 3x and IVF 2x then a FET 1) had we not had Dr. Witz. It’s easy to feel like a petry dish but he helped us stay human and helped us look for the humor in the awful.
Be prepared to hear what you don’t want to hear. Infertility doctors are not genies. Do your research, go in with your questions, don’t stop asking until you get a clear and understood reply, be prepared to hear real answers.
I’m a pull the bandaid off kind of person and Dr.Witz understood that and rolled with it. Infertility is awful and we’re all trying to survive it. Dr.Witz had a dry sense of humor that matched ours and he consistently tried to set attainable goals. There are no guarantees in infertility but he definitely tries to help to build your family.
We started our path with a round of clomid followed by 3 rounds of IUI. Dr. Witz was very confident that IUI would do the trick due to my PCOS past, but wanted to give it a shot as it was less invasive and definitely more cost affordable. We weren’t successful but both Dr. Witz and I wanted to at least try. We took some time to save up and moved forward with IVF. It was fairly normal round though I ended up hyperstemming after the egg retrieval and had a 5 day stay in the hospital. Dr. Witz came every evening to check on me though it was in the complete opposite direction of his home. We delayed the transfer bc he wanted me to recover emotionally and physically. We transferred a month later and had a successful positive pregnancy. Dr. Witz kept me in his care until I was 14 weeks along. I se him once a week through those 14 weeks, and twice a week I had blood work. We exhausted all our avenues with Cycle 1 and when we decided to try for a sibling we knew it would be Dr. Witz that we’d be calling. Our second IVF round was not as complicated and we had better success. No hyper stimulation, though we did start progesterone earlier and carried it through longer I think. With our successful retrieval with tried a frozen embroy transfer but we didn’t get a positive result. It was a tough blow. Dr. Witz met with us afterwards and laid out the cards for us. He was blunt but also kind. It’s a fine line to walk when there are so many emotions running.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Carolina)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic does need help with scheduling but every doctor office I have ever visited is always running behind. Bring a book or enjoy some Pinterest but it’s no different that waiting on my kids pediatrician,
Our IVF rounds cost between $12-17k, IUI $2 , FET $7k
Dr. Witz doesn’t like to transfer more that 2 at a time in order to be responsible with his patients

2013 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Griffith is a wonderful doctor. He is patient, kind and always listens to the patient and their opinions and concerns. He treats you like a ‘person’, not just another case. My husband and I trust him completely.... Always felt like a priority, Dr. Griffithbwas very honest in where we stood and where we should go next.... I believe our 1st and 2nd rounds were the same protocol, we added acupuncture and adjusted our medication regimen.
The clinics [Houston Fertility Inst] strengths in my opinion are that the doctors and nursing staff really work together, even if you’re not seeing your doctor that visit, whoever you see knows exactly where you are in your treatment. Information was always added to my portal within a short amount of time as well. I would tell a new patient to ASK QUESTIONS, even if you feel like you’re asking too many. It’s always important to know what’s going on.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
To let him guide you through this process. It’s hard enough to do, but remember to believe that he knows what he’s doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Jason Griffith used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I believe our 1st and 2nd rounds were the same protocol, we added acupuncture and adjusted our medication regimen. For our upcoming FET he wants to add an extra day of PIO shots before we transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Everyone I had for examinations were great. Sometimes I felt like I was a bother when I asked questions, but overall very happy.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinics strengths in my opinion are that the doctors and nursing staff really work together, even if you’re not seeing your doctor that visit, whoever you see knows exactly where you are in your treatment. Information was always added to my portal within a short amount of time as well. I would tell a new patient to ASK QUESTIONS, even if you feel like you’re asking too many. It’s always important to know what’s going on.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Institute.
Monitoring appointments were done in the mornings, but could be first come first served as soon as they opened. I always got there early so I was in and out pretty quickly.
Houston Office

[Dr. Griffith] took time to answer questions, comped an IUI where the doctor performing procedure did not communicate well. Made personal phone calls. Spent far more time than required talking with me and answering questions. Sensitive to my situation as a gay, single woman.... Lots of contact, personal phone calls, knowledge of me and my situation, long consultations with honest, nuanced answers to every question I could ask.
The sperm vial for one of my IUIs had a number low enough to influence outcome. I did not become pregnant that cycle. Had I been informed I would have asked to use a 2nd vial for the insemination to improve chance of results. The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] also forgot to order one of my genetic tests--or maybe the lab made the mistake--but it wasn't a big issue. I believe it was a test tailored for Ashkenazi Jews and I am not Jewish so it wasn't really a concern. They informed me of the issue and I appreciated their upfrontness.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Took time to answer questions, comped an IUI where the doctor performing procedure did not communicate well. Made personal phone calls. Spent far more time than required talking with me and answering questions. Sensitive to my situation as a gay, single woman.
Take advantage of his willingness to answer questions.
Menopur and gonal-F for IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Very helpful, some seemed more efficient at reading ultrasounds than others.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Lots of locations. Wish they had one in the Heights/central Houston. Surgical procedures went very smoothly and were not a source of stress.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.
I believe IVF was around $16k + meds, IUI around $3-4k + meds
Describe Jason Griffith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Explained the two options, risk of multiples, percentage increase in success per attempt when using 2 embryos vs. benefit of preserving the 2nd embryo for a later attempt.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
The sperm vial for one of my IUIs had a number low enough to influence outcome. I did not become pregnant that cycle. Had I been informed I would have asked to use a 2nd vial for the insemination to improve chance of results. The clinic also forgot to order one of my genetic tests--or maybe the lab made the mistake--but it wasn't a big issue. I believe it was a test tailored for Ashkenazi Jews and I am not Jewish so it wasn't really a concern. They informed me of the issue and I appreciated their upfrontness.
2012 - 2016, Unsuccessful
The doctor [Dr. Sonja Kristiansen] was successful in helping me get pregnant with my first son in 2012, however when we tried again in 2015/2016, I spent 8+ trying and the treatments did change slightly. She did not suggest IVF until after 4-5 unsuccessful attempts at using the medication and intercourse method.... She did not spend much time talking to me about what to expect. Her office staff did most of the communication.
[Houston Fertility Institute's] Weaknesses: communication with patients regarding patient protocols was poor. It was always unclear which medications to take at what dosage and at what time. Strengths: they offer early morning and lunch-time appointments... $7,000 to convert a stimulation cycle into a one-time IVF try. I think I spent at least $3,000-5,000 on medications ahead of time.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute?
The doctor was successful in helping me get pregnant with my first son in 2012, however when we tried again in 2015/2016, I spent 8+ trying and the treatments did change slightly. She did not suggest IVF until after 4-5 unsuccessful attempts at using the medication and intercourse method.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She is nice but you will not see her very often.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Sonja Kristiansen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I used Gonal F, Menopur and Ovidrel to get pregnant the first time (when I was 34 years old). The second time, I was 38 years old, and we used the same stuff but added the progesterone shots and Estradiol pills.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Poor communication to patients. They would call and start riddling off instructions before I was ready to write anything down. They also confused me with how to fill prescriptions.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Sonja Kristiansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
She said it was completely my choice. I chose to go with one.
Sonja Kristiansen
Houston Office

She [Dr. Nurudeen] is super open to questions or concerns...We have completed 2 iui cycles. We used clomid before iui, and then progesterone suppositories after. We utilized donor sperm...if all embryos looked good, they would encourage no more than 2...is caring, warm and friendly. She always shows compassion and support...She is completely transparent in the process, the expectations and realities while still optimistic, supportive and confident. We feel that she is 100% behind us personally, and shares the goal of family building.
One time, there was a missing paper between the sperm storage facility and the office [of Houston Fertility Institute] . It was rectified within 45 minutes...Strength: communication, locations, lots of services, talented staff Weakness: you wont see your doctor every time you go in, and they won't necessarily be the one to do an iui, but will be the one do more invasive treatments...Judi [nurse] cried with me when I miscarried and supported me emotionally through our next attempt. She was just as disappointed in the outcome as I was.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
If you need clarification, ask any time! She is super open to questions or concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Nurudeen is caring, warm and friendly. She always shows compassion and support.
Describe the protocols Kemi Nurudeen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Judi)
Judi cried with me when I miscarried and supported me emotionally through our next attempt. She was just as disappointed in the outcome as I was.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute.
1 round of medicated iui, including meds roughly $2000
Describe Kemi Nurudeen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
We were told that this part of the process would be up to us if we moved to this stage, but that if all embryos looked good, they would encourage no more than 2.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
One time, there was a missing paper between the sperm storage facility and the office. It was rectified within 45 minutes.
Houston Office
He [Dr. Steward] was very blunt and straight to the point which we did not like at first but later understood that he did not like to waste time and his end goal was to make us a family. He was very direct.... He actively listened to my concerns. He was straight forward and told us exactly as it was. He showed concern and consoled us when we thought we lost one of the twins.... He told us that he would not do more than 2 embryos at a time
Small clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] but very warm. Was not very busy which I liked because I never felt rushed. With every appointment they took the time to do my check up and monitor the babies. I was always able to take pictures home with me if my twins from the feral monitor.... [Nursing Staff] Very sweet. Seemed excited for me as a friend not a patient.... He [Dr. Steward] actively listened to my concerns. He was straight forward and told us exactly as it was.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was very blunt and straight to the point which we did not like at first but later understood that he did not like to waste time and his end goal was to make us a family. He was very direct. He showed compassion when we thought we lost a twin.
He tells it like it is.
Describe the protocols Ryan Steward used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I don’t remember
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Very sweet. Seemed excited for me as a friend not a patient.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Small clinic but very warm. Was not very busy which I liked because I never felt rushed. With every appointment they took the time to do my check up and monitor the babies. I was always able to take pictures home with me if my twins from the feral monitor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute.
Do not remember
Describe Ryan Steward's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He told us that he would not do more than 2 embryos at a time. That was his policy. He gave us the percentage for both as gave us enough information so we could decide on our own if we wanted to do single or multiple

2013, Successful
He [Dr. Witz] is probably my favorite doctor I've ever had. Very honest, and explained things in great detail. Took the time to call and check on me often, always got me in for an appointment to check on things if I felt the slightest bit of doubt.... One IVF cycle that resulted in hyperstimulation due to pcos, and a freeze all cycle. Frozen transfer the next month that resulted in a twin pregnancy.... When I hylwrsrimulated due to PCOS he was genuinely concerned. Called to check on me even after hours.
I visited the Katy office [Houston Fertility Institute] while Dr. Wits was there which was a much better fit for us. The Piney location wait times could get a little long sometimes because of the amount of patients treated at that location which is also their surgery center.... Wonderful staff! Called immediately with all results... [Cost Of Treatment] Approx 15k total... [Dr. Witz] Called to check on me even after hours.... He is probably my favorite doctor I've ever had.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is probably my favorite doctor I've ever had. Very honest, and explained things in great detail. Took the time to call and check on me often, always got me in for an appointment to check on things if I felt the slightest bit of doubt.
Trust him, he knows what he's doing.
I don't remember exactly. One IVF cycle that resulted in hyperstimulation due to pcos, and a freeze all cycle. Frozen transfer the next month that resulted in a twin pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lisa, Vanessa )
Wonderful staff! Called immediately with all results
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I visited the Katy office while Dr. Wits was there which was a much better fit for us. The Piney location wait times could get a little long sometimes because of the amount of patients treated at that location which is also their surgery center.
Approx 15k total
Counseled us on the risks of implanting two (which was our preference) advised not to transfer more then that
2013, Unsuccessful
Dr Haddad as a doctor was wonderful. ... After the testing phase we stopped going because my insurance wasn’t going to cover any of it. ... He took his time with me but the financial part of it was unattainable ... However I felt like they pushed me into ivf. They didn’t offer iui or a regular cycle of clomid. I felt like they could have tried other options before telling me I needed the 20000 dollar procedure.
They are all very professional. However I felt like they [Houston Fertility Institute] pushed me into ivf. They didn’t offer iui or a regular cycle of clomid. I felt like they could have tried other options before telling me I needed the 20000 dollar procedure. ... The clinic was awesom as well I just wish they worked harder to make it more affordable for the average income. ... Like I said previously, I felt like there was no option other than ivf and my insurance didn’t help at all.
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
After the testing phase we stopped going because my insurance wasn’t going to cover any of it. Dr Haddad as a doctor was wonderful. The clinic was awesom as well I just wish they worked harder to make it more affordable for the average income.
Save money before you go!
He took his time with me but the financial part of it was unattainable
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are all very professional. However I felt like they pushed me into ivf. They didn’t offer iui or a regular cycle of clomid. I felt like they could have tried other options before telling me I needed the 20000 dollar procedure.
Like I said previously, I felt like there was no option other than ivf and my insurance didn’t help at all. It was very expensive to go through the testing and then for him to only give me the most expensive option made me feel discouraged!
Houston Office
I felt like dr steward was definitely accessible when we needed to talk to him but he never felt overly invested in our situation. At times we wished he would have taken a little bit more time to get to know us but still he seemed like a very nice guy... He’s a very nice and knowledgeable man. He was thorough in explaining many of the features of our treatment but he wasn’t the most personable doctor. He was very accessible but never felt overly invested in us personally
Very nice clinic. They seemed very professional and able to help us. We never had to wait for very long for our appointments and we felt that they were always well organized. Whenever we didn’t get to see our doctor we still felt well taken care of... [Nursing Staff] Very on top of things... He [Dr. Steward] was thorough in explaining many of the features of our treatment but he wasn’t the most personable doctor....
Very on top of things
Houston Office

he’s [Dr. Mazen Abdallah] honest he’s upfront about the medicines what’s going to work injectables work better versus pills this pill will work versus this pill and win a pill is no longer working he sits down with you he says all right let’s try something different try upping the dose he’s very open with how your body responds to things and instead of just doing one iui two back to back Iui His staff is very diligent on making sure your blood work and everything is perfectly lined up and if it’s not he’s willing to step in and explain OK this is why it’s not working this is what caused it to not to work and this is how we’re going to fix it
I honestly have nothing bad to say about the clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] at all it’s very well-maintained new equipment I personally go to the Pearland office and it’s close to my home the people are super friendly and everything is exactly how it’s supposed to be... My nursing staff had a couple nurses but my primary nurse is nurse Renee She’s there to make sure that I am mentally emotionally and physically OK if I have any questions she’s in email or phone call away she’s very honest and I really like that and she’s an incredible nurse
How was your experience with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. of dollars a great physician he really explained what was going on in my own body that I didn’t understand he is a very quick talker and sometimes it has to be broken down a little bit more and he’s very upfront and he’s very honest on the options that you have and he’s very much there for you emotionally and mentally and he always give you reassurance before we jump straight in the IVF there so many more options that you have let’s try every single option before we do that where as other doctors that I have seen have always pushed just IVF dr. of dollars a great physician he really explained what was going on in my own body that I didn’t understand he is a very quick talker and sometimes it has to be broken down a little bit more he’s very upfront and he’s very honest on the options that you have and he’s very much there for you emotionally and mentally I am and he always gives you reassurance before we jump straight into IVF there so many more options that you have let’s try every single option before we do that where as other doctors that I have seen have always push just IVF he is also knows that I’m only 26 I have healthy eggs He tested my husband sperm quality and made sure that there was no reason that there would be any trouble and my husband and he made sure genetically that we are OK to have children and he wants to pursue other options considering we’re both young and we’re both relatively healthy and he also was upfront with me and told me you know your weight you are overweight and that can be a barrier on you getting pregnant and I was very appreciative of that all in all everyone at HFI is incredible
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be open honest and be ready to hear things that are difficult to hear but he’s not going to beat around the bush he’s very upfront he’s very honest but as a patient you want someone who’s going to be honest with you someone who’s not gonna tell you that this is gonna work and it’s not and you want someone who’s going to look out for your best interest and that’s what he does
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute?
When I was upset or when I just didn’t know where to move forward him and his whole team nurses and the rest of his staff if he was unable to see me very much cared about my mental and emotional well-being along with my physical
Describe the protocols Mazen Abdallah used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
For my protocol and generally the protocol at HFI I really appreciate Is that he’s honest he’s upfront about the medicines what’s going to work injectables work better versus pills this pill will work versus this pill and win a pill is no longer working he sits down with you he says all right let’s try something different try upping the dose he’s very open with how your body responds to things and instead of just doing one iui two back to back Iui His staff is very diligent on making sure your blood work and everything is perfectly lined up and if it’s not he’s willing to step in and explain OK this is why it’s not working this is what caused it to not to work and this is how we’re going to fix it
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Renee )
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I honestly have nothing bad to say about the clinic at all it’s very well-maintained new equipment I personally go to the Pearland office and it’s close to my home the people are super friendly and everything is exactly how it’s supposed to be
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mazen Abdallah at Houston Fertility Institute.
So most of the cost of the IUI is covered by my insurance I do pay $300 out of pocket and then I am I do you have like co-pays for my meds or the other dr so most of the cost of the IUI is covered by my insurance I do pay $300 out-of-pocket and then I do have like co-pays for my meds that are covered and there some medicine that isn’t covered and that’s unfortunately the reason why we haven’t done IVF or havent done shots and we’ve only done femera Because unfortunately financially we can’t pay $1000-$2000 for shots even though my doctor is very upfront and said they would work better
Mazen Abdallah
Houston Office
We did a standard protocol [at Houston Fertility Institute] but I over stimulated and couldn’t do a fresh transfer. I was devastated but it all worked out because I got pregnant on the first FET...Love those nurses so much!!...Because of my small uterus we could only transfer one. Dr Witz wouldn’t let me do more because it was a risk to me...Dr Witz is a busy man but that is because he is on high demand. There were a few times I wished he was more available to talk to me. But he was always available when it was critical. He does a good job explaining everything and answering questions. He keeps things light which is refreshing because it’s all so emotional. My husband liked him a lot. He jokes and is easy going, but he also gets down to business and is straight up with you.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
So I have recommended him to several friends and what I will say is that he knows what he is doing. He has been doing this for a long time and is brilliant. I have a very tricky case of PCOS combined with only one tube and a small uterus that can have blood flow issues. But he got my pregnant twice so I have no complains. He told me IVF was my best chance of pregnancy but I wanted to try IUI first and he was good with that. He tells you the facts and let’s you make a decision. Several times I was on the fence about what to do and he would give me his opinion and they weren’t money making decisions. He talked us out of doing PGS twice (but didn’t push his opinion). I had a son in 2016 and now a daughter thanks to Witz! He’s the best!
Write down all your questions and bring a friend. He talks fast and a second person can help you remember all the things he shares with you.
We did a standard protocol but I over stimulated and couldn’t do a fresh transfer. I was devastated but it all worked out because I got pregnant on the first FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia )
Awesome!! Love those nurses so much!!
Craig Witz

Although Dr. Steward was very informative when you do see him, most of the time you just see the nurses.... When I am able to speak to Dr. Steward then I get plenty of information that I need. He explains everything very well. He is honest with what my #s were like. The complaint I mainly have is that I don't see him at every visit so if I had any questions, I would ask the nurse... I would ask how often you would see the Dr out of all the visits once you start treatment.
You have to pay for parking [at Houston Fertility Institute] each time you visit. Keep in mind that once you start your injections, that's every other day. The good thing is that they really dont make you wait that long each visit but cost can add up. No, they don't validate either.... If I mad made it to egg retrieval then the total cost would have been about 27k. Since I didn't make it to that point, the medication and pre-pay to Dr was about 17k
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
I just remember after the initial blood drawing, and when the injections started..there were visits every other day thereafter. I didn't make it to egg retrieval as my #s weren't looking good.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Some were really nice and some were nice as well but just not as nice.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
You have to pay for parking each time you visit. Keep in mind that once you start your injections, that's every other day. The good thing is that they really dont make you wait that long each visit but cost can add up. No, they don't validate either.
If I mad made it to egg retrieval then the total cost would have been about 27k. Since I didn't make it to that point, the medication and pre-pay to Dr was about 17k which I believe I still have a credit (nurse mentioned) with the Dr since the treatment was not completed. I haven't heard anything about that yet.
Houston Office
Dr. Craig [Witz] is a very nice and caring doctor. He always makes joke with you by making you laugh to take your mind off trying to conceive so you will not be stressed whenever you come to clinic...best experience with Dr. Craig and his nurses... We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, 12 fertilized and 6 made to 5 day blastocyst with pgs testing on 6 embryos because of my age and previous miscarriages that i had, one came back normal after pgs testing.
Ivf is 12,950, pgs 5,000 [Costs at Houston Fertility Institute]...explain everything to you step by step and their procedures are easy without stress. The make feel comfortable with your treatment. All i can say about the clinic absolutely is the best...She [nurse] is compassionate...They have good equipments, good laboratories, nice lobby with welcoming refreshments, good receptionists...Dr. Craig [Witz] is a very nice and caring doctor. He always makes joke with you by making you laugh to take your mind
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
I had yhe best experience with Dr. Craig and his nurses. The clinic is the best place to be with experienced doctors and nurses. They have good equipments, good laboratories, nice lobby with welcoming refreshments, good receptionists
Dr. Craig is very good at his profession.
Dr. Craig is a very nice and caring doctor. He always makes joke with you by making you laugh to take your mind off trying to conceive so you will not be stressed whenever you come to clinic.
My ivf protocol was gonal f , menopur, cetrotide and lurpon an my body responded to the medication very. We were able to retrieve 22 eggs, 12 fertilized and 6 made to 5 day blastocyst with pgs testing on 6 embryos because of my age and previous miscarriages that i had, one came back normal after pgs testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
She is compassionate
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is the best, they welcome everyone nice. The explain everything to you step by step and their procedures are easy without stress. The make feel comfortable with your treatment. All i can say about the clinic absolutely is the best.
My appointment was very easy.
Ivf is 12,950, pgs 5,000
Yes, single embryo transfer
Houston Office

I am currently in the beginning of ivf, but Dr. Witz and his team are great. I really love working with them. ... Dr. Witz was warm and had a great bed side manner. I felt very encouraged and supported when I left his office. ... They are all encouraging and make you feel like your questions and feelings are valid. They even gave me a contact to a counselor who could help with the stress and anxiety. ...
We thankfully are able to be part of a study, but I feel the prices for the iui I had this past November I felt the prices were reasonable. ... They [Houston Fertility Institute] are wonderful with their patients. I don’t think I have ever encountered an experience when they weren’t professional or willing to help. They have calmed my fears and answered all my questions.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
I am currently in the beginning of ivf, but Dr. Witz and his team are great. I really love working with them. They are all encouraging and make you feel like your questions and feelings are valid. They even gave me a contact to a counselor who could help with the stress and anxiety.
Ask questions and relax!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Amber Mendoza)
Amber is amazing! She keeps us posted and checks on me. She is very organized and helpful.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are wonderful with their patients. I don’t think I have ever encountered an experience when they weren’t professional or willing to help. They have calmed my fears and answered all my questions.
Houston Office

The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute-Houston] is very clean and the staff are friendly. I enjoyed the messaging system and portal they use to stay organized. They were responsive to any questions I may have had and were kind throughout our process... Dr. Steward is very well-spoken, kind, and encouraging. He was very thorough in his explanations and our conversations. I didn’t feel pressured or coerced toward any particular treatment. I felt comfortable at all times and was very satisfied with my care. We have decided to take a break from treatment to reduce stress, but plan to return to see Dr. Steward if we do not become pregnant on our own.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Steward is very well-spoken, kind, and encouraging. He was very thorough in his explanations and our conversations. I didn’t feel pressured or coerced toward any particular treatment. I felt comfortable at all times and was very satisfied with my care. We have decided to take a break from treatment to reduce stress, but plan to return to see Dr. Steward if we do not become pregnant on our own. I highly recommend his care.
Be prepared to ask questions, because he will spend as much time as you need answering them! Definitely advocate for yourself through the process- he listens to your concerns and needs.
Dr. Steward was incredibly kind and attentive to our needs and opinions.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very clean and the staff are friendly. I enjoyed the messaging system and portal they use to stay organized. They were responsive to any questions I may have had and were kind throughout our process

2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Kemi Nurudeen] listened to me, answered all my questions. I was not sure of some of her recommendations though. I met her in person only twice through out my IUI's. Most of my conversations with her were on the phone.... 3 IUI cycles with letrozole. Initially 5 mg daily and the next two were 7.5 mg daily. Also was started on levothyroxine for subclinical hypothyroidism.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She listened to me, answered all my questions. I was not sure of some of her recommendations though. I met her in person only twice through out my IUI's. Most of my conversations with her were on the phone.
educate yourself prior to your visit so you can ask pertinent questions and feel like you had a productive conversation.
strong preference for single embryo transfer for someone my age.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kim is patient and is willing to answer all of my questions following my independent reading of published studies. I like to understand everything about my IVF plan and how to avoid unexpected impacts...We started with loestrin bc at day three of my cycle and continued for three weeks to stall ovulation while my insurance was pre-authorized. Then we started daily injections with ultrasound and bloodwork every other day to measure eggs, estradiol and FSH...retrieved 26 eggs of which twelve were mature eggs
The office [of Houston Fertility Institute] is organized, clean and well structured. I do recommend following your treatment closely and asking questions when they come up...Ten eggs were fertilized via ICSI with a fresh sperm sample from TESA procedure the same morning. Five embryos made it to blastocyst stage... Utilize the ability to message your nurses with questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Kim is patient and is willing to answer all of my questions following my independent reading of published studies. I like to understand everything about my IVF plan and how to avoid unexpected impacts.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask as many questions as you can.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Kim is a wonderful doctor. He is kind, knowledgeable, and his staff is top notch.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kim used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We started with loestrin bc at day three of my cycle and continued for three weeks to stall ovulation while my insurance was pre-authorized. Then we started daily injections with ultrasound and bloodwork every other day to measure eggs, estradiol and FSH. The injections, blood work and injections lasted for nine days. The first four days of Injections were 200 gonal-f and two vials of menopur. Day five through nine of injections were 175 gonal-f, two vials of menopur, and cetrotide. Day ten was leuprolide 80 units trigger shot at 9:15pm and day eleven was leuprolide 80 units trigger shot at 9:00am. Day twelve was egg retrieval at 8:30 am. The stand-in doc retrieved 26 eggs of which twelve were mature eggs. Ten eggs were fertilized via ICSI with a fresh sperm sample from TESA procedure the same morning. Five embryos made it to blastocyst stage. Three embryos made it through cryopreservation. PGS genetic testing was completed and all three embryos were aneuploidy. Dr. Kim explained that aneuploidy embryos are usually isolated and does not expect the same result on another cycle. He plans to prescribe increased menopur and decreased gonal-f dosage in conjunction with HCG for the next cycle starting five weeks following the egg retrieval resulting in No embryos for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
I can’t say enough about how great the nursing staff is at Dr. Kims office.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The office is organized, clean and well structured. I do recommend following your treatment closely and asking questions when they come up. Utilize the ability to message your nurses with questions and concerns.
Describe Jonathan Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
There were no embryos to transfer following review of embryo PFS genetic testing results.
Jonathan Kim

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. ... After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. ... Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her.
The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them ... Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time.
How was your experience with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hoff is a sweet person and extremely compassionate. After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. During my "wins" (one chemical and one miscarriage) we celebrated together my positive betas and was always willing to talk to us if we didn't have positive betas. I felt that she was really on my team when it came to my results. As far as the not-so-good, she was not very proactive regarding our treatment. We had to bring a treatment option to her that was not offered to us and was extremely simple (freezing sperm to mix with a fresh sample for an IUI). Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her. Dr. Hoff is an extremely positive person so all of our conversations centered around what could go right in the future, and not what was going wrong right now. It was comforting to have her reassurance but I think I really could have used more professional guidance on the actual problems we were having.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be your own advocate and research your own treatment options. Ask "why" ALWAYS because she won't tell you or give you a vague answer. A lot of times the answer really is vague, but sometimes it's not....but you aren't given any details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. It was a little frustrating because we didn't go to medical school for this.
Describe the protocols Heather Hoff used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Before cycling I had a hysteroscopy and my husband had a SA to determine where we were. Hoff said my hysteroscopy results came back perfect, but when I looked in my surgery report it said that the biopsy result they took was not positive for inflammation, but contained "pre-inflammation" or something. I was never told this by Hoff as she said everything looked good so I believed her. My husband's SA came back a little less than perfect but she said it was adequate for an IUI even though it had less than 1% morphology. IUI #1-- I used Clomid and regular monitoring. The last monitoring appointment I went to they said I had already ovulated and instructed me NOT to use my Ovidrel trigger but to have sex that evening and then come in for an IUI next day. I did so and during my TWW I used Endometrin vaginally 1x a day. after my TWW I had a positive beta of 16. The next beta it fell to 5, resulting in a chemical pregnancy. IUI #2- Same exact protocol as IUI #1 except I did use my Ovidrel trigger this time. Husband's sample day of IUI was extremely poor. We asked Hoff about this and she said he may have had an infection three months prior. Results were a negative beta. IUI #3- Changed protocols by switching to Letrozole with another Ovidrel trigger. I responded well to the Letrozole. This cycle we brought up the option of freezing samples beforehand and mixing them with fresh samples to get better counts. This resulted in better counts but ended in another negative beta. IUI #4- Protocol was not changed at all and ended in a missed chemical pregnancy (positive HPT but negative beta.) IUI #5- Same as previous protocol. In November of 2018 I became pregnant naturally. I went to see Hoff for my betas and eventual scans. My progesterone was not at the level they wanted so they kept increasing it. Eventually I was on Endometrin 3x daily and oral progesterone 3x daily. No heartbeat ever developed and I had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I loved the nurses at my branch of HFI (Katy.) They were communicative and really compassionate. I have trouble with vaginal ultrasounds and Vanessa was extremely respectful of this. I felt really comfortable with her doing my scans. The nurses calmed me down a lot when I had problems and were often a better source of quick information than the Internet!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI has lots of locations and there was one ten minutes from my house on the way to my office. The offices are nice, new and comfortable. The staff is nice at certain locations. Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time. All procedures are performed at the Piney Point location ONLY, so I had to travel into Houston directly every time I had an IUI. That is pretty annoying. They are one of the more expensive clinics in Houston. A single cycle with meds and PGS will run you about $20,000 - $30,000. The payment options are meager at best. The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute.
IUIs were about $1,500 each and meds were another $300-400.
Describe Heather Hoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
No embryo experience with Hoff.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
Had a bit of trouble getting the clinic to send oral prescriptions to my local pharmacy instead of the mail-order one they use for IVF meds.
Heather Hoff