Alexa Clapp

713-796-9888
9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380
281-681-0480

From our first consultation to testing to treatment routes, Dr. Griffith was there to explain everything and give his advice. He never gave us an ultimatum, it was our decision on how to proceed.... We had to forego one cycle because my lining was not where he would have liked. He was so compassionate when telling us the news and while I started to cry. He was there and gave us a few minutes to collect ourselves. I couldn’t ask for a better doctor to tell me that it just wasn’t the right time.
Every nurse that I saw at the office [Houston Fertility Institute] was phenomenal. They answered every question while I was in the office. They were also very responsive to all questions when I would call or email. It was wonder knowing I’d get an answer same day.... I am unsure if she is still there, but their financial counselor was not helpful. I tried to reach out to her when we first started the process about how much we could expect to pay
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
From our first consultation to testing to treatment routes, Dr. Griffith was there to explain everything and give his advice. He never gave us an ultimatum, it was our decision on how to proceed. He was compassionate when I had concerns and would not make myself or my husband feel that our questions were redundant or dumb. I truly cannot wait to go back to him when we are ready for number two.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Do not hesitate. He is there to help with whatever you need. If you are having issues, please go see him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was truly great in discussing everything with my husband and I. We had to forego one cycle because my lining was not where he would have liked. He was so compassionate when telling us the news and while I started to cry. He was there and gave us a few minutes to collect ourselves. I couldn’t ask for a better doctor to tell me that it just wasn’t the right time.
Describe the protocols Jason Griffith used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
When we had a failed first cycle (we didn’t transfer) because my lining was not thick enough, Dr. Griffith made sure to adjust my medication for the next round to help the thickening. This was extremely comforting that we was ready to adjust our course and not prolong the process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Every nurse that I saw at the office was phenomenal. They answered every question while I was in the office. They were also very responsive to all questions when I would call or email. It was wonder knowing I’d get an answer same day. Other offices can take days to get back to you, but they were wonderful.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I am unsure if she is still there, but their financial counselor was not helpful. I tried to reach out to her when we first started the process about how much we could expect to pay for everything. All she could or would tell us is that it is based on insurance and couldn’t tell me anything.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.
From start to finish, including all testing, medications, and procedures, we spent roughly $13k.
Describe Jason Griffith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
My insurance company was urging for only a single transfer, but when I was discussing my concerns with Dr. Griffith, he put my concerns to bed. We opted for multiple (2). He was supportive with what we wanted.

2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Jason Griffith] takes time to talk with you and if you have any unreasonable expectations, he gently tried to redirect you to a realistic expectation. He understands that fertility is a very emotional topic and is very individual so if you take a moment to listen to him, he will help you as best as he can. It may not always be what you want to hear but he has a patient's best interest at heart.
One time my cycle had to be moved because a nurse [at Houston Fertility Institute] had failed to call in my prescription for my pills and shots in a timely manner, that cycle had to be scrapped. Other than that one flub, the staff was on the ball and awesome...It is expensive, but they are willing to work out costs. I am not sure outside of paying upfront for treatment but they do provide resources for financial help.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is compassionate and knowledgeable. I found him approachable and easy to talk to.
He could be the one doctor who can help you with your dreams of a family.
He takes time to talk with you and if you have any unreasonable expectations, he gently tried to redirect you to a realistic expectation. He understands that fertility is a very emotional topic and is very individual so if you take a moment to listen to him, he will help you as best as he can. It may not always be what you want to hear but he has a patient's best interest at heart.
First time was one round of shots, pills and patches which worked like a dream. Second time tried a different approach twice which did not work so my treatment was adjusted to what had worked before, resulting in pregnancy. I don't seem to have any problems with holding a pregnancy, it was getting pregnant that was the problem.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
They are aware of each patient's needs and protocols, they take time to talk with you during visits and are excited for you when pregnancy is reached. Ultrasounds are great because the nurse is happy with you, even to tears like you, when you first see the developing egg sac meaning that you have become pregnant.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One time my cycle had to be moved because a nurse had failed to call in my prescription for my pills and shots in a timely manner, that cycle had to be scrapped. Other than that one flub, the staff was on the ball and awesome.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
Please see previous remarks, overall this clinic did well.
Woodlands Office
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Griffith is a very compassionate and intelligent physician. I have always felt cared for when I meet with him and felt that he always listened to any of my concerns. I don’t feel like “just another patient” with him. He remembers and knows my history so well, which makes me feel important and comfortable that he is providing me with the best care possible....Dr. Griffith performed a miscarriage panel on me, because I had two previous miscarriages.
It [Houston Fertility Institute] is a clean and nice clinic. They do everything in office such as bloodwork and ultrasounds. Procedures are performed at one central office in Piney Point. Both facilities are clean and organized. The staff is excellent at both....The staff at the office is amazing. They had prompt responses and thorough communication.... Dr. Griffith is phenomenal. He listens to my concerns and tailors my treatment individually. He has always explored every option to make sure we have the best outcome.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be open with him and tell him anything in your mind. He will listen and care for it.
Dr. Griffith performed a miscarriage panel on me, because I had two previous miscarriages. He also performed an endometrial receptive array, a cervical dilatation due to cervical stenosis. We did one frozen transfer and due to a blood clotting disorder, I was taking lovenox and methylfolate. The transfer was a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
It is a clean and nice clinic. They do everything in office such as bloodwork and ultrasounds. Procedures are performed at one central office in Piney Point. Both facilities are clean and organized. The staff is excellent at both.
I cannot recall.
Due to my young age and medical history, Dr. Griffith preferred to transfer only one embryo.
Woodlands Office

He [Dr. Ryan Steward] always takes the time needed to make sure that we understand exactly what he means. He explains the options and procedures in a way that make you feel comfortable. He never made us feel like we asked dumb questions!... ou can tell that this is he passion and that he has put in the work to stay current in this area of medicine. He never made us feel dumb for asking questions big or small. He took the time needed to explain and make sure we understood what he was telling us. Very personable, friendly and knowledgeable.
HFI - The Woodlands was in the process of moving locations when we first came in. The wait time at the appointment was significant, but understandable considering the move. Depending on the type of appointment the wait time can vary quite a bit. Again, the move seems to be a factor. I would also recommend parking in the garage. Parking can be very hard to find outside of the garage!
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
He seems very well trained. You can tell that this is he passion and that he has put in the work to stay current in this area of medicine. He never made us feel dumb for asking questions big or small. He took the time needed to explain and make sure we understood what he was telling us. Very personable, friendly and knowledgeable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be ready to hear the truth about your situation. He doesn't want to waste your time or money on treatments that aren't effective.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
He always takes the time needed to make sure that we understand exactly what he means. He explains the options and procedures in a way that make you feel comfortable. He never made us feel like we asked dumb questions!
2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Griffith is very caring, open and honest through the entire process. He learns about you and your spouse and truly cares about your best interest.... My time has been a roller coaster. No fault to anyone. I have had a tubal pregnancy, twisted ovary, an unsuccessful transfer and I have not made it through to transfers. Each time, he has sat down with us, explained next steps and ensured we were okay. We have used numerous types of medications, shots and currently using a new injection of lupron.
Open, professional and caring staff [Houston Fertility Institute]. New building with warm atmosphere. Nursing staff is always there to answer questions day in and day out. Try to keep and open mind and listen to their recommendations. The nurse who draws your blood is very good, quick and efficient.... Overall everyone has been very professional, knowledgeable and caring.... I have spent well over $35000 in total costs throughout the years.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I could never go to any other doctor. He truly is there for you and your ultimate goal of having a family. He cares, checks in and goes above and beyond! I couldn’t say enough positive things about our time with Dr. Griffith.
Be open and honest. Listen to what he says and trust in him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Overall everyone has been very professional, knowledgeable and caring.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Open, professional and caring staff. New building with warm atmosphere. Nursing staff is always there to answer questions day in and day out. Try to keep and open mind and listen to their recommendations. The nurse who draws your blood is very good, quick and efficient.
I have spent well over $35000 in total costs throughout the years.
He encouraged us to transfer one at a time.
Woodlands Office
Dr. Steward actually took the time to listen to me. I never once felt like I had to hurry up with any of my appointments. He is a very calm and understanding doctor.... He is a very intelligent doctor. From my first appointment he has always been straight forward with me about everything that is going on with my infertility. I am very happy with him as my doctor because he has an awesome bed side manner.... He is very compassionate and understanding of all of your needs.
The nurses at Houston fertility institute are vey nice. They definitely take care of you and help you out in everyway.... At hfi they are always on top of their patients. Anytime I had an appointment I never had to wait. If you have any questions or concerns you can always ask the staff and they will let you know what's going on.... the ivf cost right ast 13,000... Dr. Ryan steward will take care of you to the fullest. He is very compassionate and understanding of all of your needs.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Ryan Steward used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I don't remember the actual protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute.
the ivf cost right ast 13,000
Describe Ryan Steward's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He prefers one embryo to be transferred at a time but he will do two.
2014 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Griffin] is THE MOST compassionate doctor I've ever had. He was willing to take a chance on me (I'm classified as advanced maternal age) & try to make my dream of becoming a mother come true. He educated me on donor eggs, which my previous doctor did not, and was able to get me pregnant....Due to my severe lack of quality eggs, he informed me that I probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant using my eggs. But, he was willing to give it 1 final try. It didn't work. Then he educated me on donor eggs. It worked!
They are wonderful! And with Houston being so large, it was nice to have options of where to go for appointments....I love this clinic! I was well educated from day 1 & feel that everyone there was my cheerleader. They celebrated my wins & also mourned my losses. Amazing group of care providers in a very sensitive field....[Monitoring Appointments] Super easy. In & out, usually within 15-30 minutes....[Nursing Staff] Love them all.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is THE MOST compassionate doctor I've ever had. He was willing to take a chance on me (I'm classified as advanced maternal age) & try to make my dream of becoming a mother come true. He educated me on donor eggs, which my previous doctor did not, and was able to get me pregnant.
Be open & honest with him about your needs & he'll be your biggest cheerleader.
Love them all.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are wonderful! And with Houston being so large, it was nice to have options of where to go for appointments. My work took me all around Houston, so I've been to several of their offices for appointments that were convenient with my schedule.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Institute.
Super easy. In & out, usually within 15-30 minutes.
$100,000+
He always follows proper protocol on this.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Griffith is so kind, supportive, and caring! I felt incredibly comfortable with him and trusted him from the start!... Dr. Griffith and all staff at HFI are amazing! The nurses and the girls working the schedule were always kind and very efficient. There was a time when I was around 8 weeks pregnant with my twins that I started bleeding heavily right before my appointment. I was crying and very upset—the front desk girl took me back into a room so I could sit and wait privately away from others in the waiting room. The nurses and even the phlebotomist were very reassuring and so genuinely caring! Dr. Griffith saw me as soon as he could to check on the babies and everything thankfully was fine.
[Houston Fertility Institute is] Very clean, relaxing and up to date. I liked the inspirational quotes they change on the desk every week. They also did something special for national infertility day. Very easy to schedule with. I had a wait at times but was always made to feel that the doctor/nurses were available to me... here was a time when I was around 8 weeks pregnant with my twins that I started bleeding heavily right before my appointment. I was crying and very upset—the front desk girl took me back into a room so I could sit and wait privately away from others in the waiting room. The nurses and even the phlebotomist were very reassuring and so genuinely caring! Dr. Griffith saw me as soon as he could to check on the babies and everything thankfully was fine.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Pick him! He is the best doctor you’ll ever get.
I can’t remember
Very kind and knowledgeable
I don’t remember
He did not seem to have a strong preference. He gave us the choice of one or two and we decided on two.
Woodlands Office

Dr. Steward is caring and knowledgeable. He took all the time we needed to answer questions and provide information. I did feel like I still needed to be my own advocate and come prepared with my own research and information to be an educated patient and active participant in my treatment.... My first retrieval cycle revealed poor egg quality which was completely unexpected. We adjusted my medication protocol and added a number of supplements and are currently in the middle of a second retrieval cycle.
Office staff [Houston Fertility Institute] knows me by name and seems to truly be invested in my care.... Great communication, great portal, efficient. Almost all the staff know me by name which is a nice gesture when you are going through such an emotional process. The portal is helpful for receiving detailed information and communicating with the office staff.... Dr. Steward is caring and knowledgeable. He took all the time we needed to answer questions and provide information.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Continue to be your own advocate and don't be afraid to be skeptical and ask questions.
Office staff knows me by name and seems to truly be invested in my care.
Woodlands Office
Dr. Steward was thorough in getting to the bottom of our infertility. HE ran multiple tests on myself and my husband to pinpoint the issue. He honestly told us that IUI would not be a viable option and that IVF was the only course. I appreciated him being honest and not just taking our money for a failed IUI...Dr. Steward is very personable, he took the time to explain the situation and the option that we had available.
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] are all helpful and informative. No one ever seemed annoyed at needing to help or answer questions repeatedly...For all of the tests run on myself and my husband, we spent about $1,000...The clinic is clean, well run and organized, and very personable.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be open and honest, he wants to know it all in order to better support you.
We have not moved forward with IVF because we cannot afford it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
They are all helpful and informative. No one ever seemed annoyed at needing to help or answer questions repeatedly.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is clean, well run and organized, and very personable.
For all of the tests run on myself and my husband, we spent about $1,000
We have not experienced this.

2013 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr Jason Griffith] always went above and beyond to help us get answers and find a resolution. If I went to his office for an unplanned unscheduled visit he would hear what my needs were, and when I went to introduce our new arrival to him, and he wasn't able to come out to hold her, he called me personally that evening to tell me how sorry he was he missed us and to please come back the following day.
Occasionally the office staff isn't as warm and easy to open up to...[The nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] gave me their personal cell phone numbers to keep in touch and to ask questions any time I needed...[Dr Jason Griffith is] extremely compassionate and caring. Takes his time and listens. Let's you cry to him and genuinely wants to do everything in his power to help you.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Extremely compassionate and caring. Takes his time and listens. Let's you cry to him and genuinely wants to do everything in his power to help you.
Don't be shy, talk to him get personal he is very down to earth and wants to know you and your family
Dr Griffith always came out to greet me himself and always showed compassion and care about the struggles I was living through. He always went above and beyond to help us get answers and find a resolution. If I went to his office for an unplanned unscheduled visit he would hear what my needs were, and when I went to introduce our new arrival to him, and he wasn't able to come out to hold her, he called me personally that evening to tell me how sorry he was he missed us and to please come back the following day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Amber Mendoza, June)
All the same as Dr Griffith even gave me their personal cell phone numbers to keep in touch and to ask questions any time I needed
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Occasionally the office staff isn't as warm and easy to open up to.
Woodlands Office

His bed side manner and willingness to explain every step are unlike an other RE I have experienced in the past ... Dr. Steward is aggressive with treatment and ready to do IVF any second. In a good way! ... He has made me feel so confident and given me the extra push to move forward with treatment. ... Dr. Steward is fantastic! ... Expect long waits in the office [Houston Fertility Institute], but everything is done in house.
Everything is done in house [Houston Fertility Institute]! Such a great asset! They have a surgical center as well which makes getting appointments easy. Blood is processed in house so results are available the same day! I would recommend Houston Infertility Institute to anyone looking. ... [Nursing staff] Super knowledgeable, compassionate and always willing to answer my millions of questions!
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Steward is fantastic! He has made me feel so confident and given me the extra push to move forward with treatment. His bed side manner and willingness to explain every step are unlike an other RE I have experienced in the past
Expect long waits in the office, but everything is done in house. Dr. Steward is aggressive with treatment and ready to do IVF any second. In a good way!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Everything is done in house! Such a great asset! They have a surgical center as well which makes getting appointments easy. Blood is processed in house so results are available the same day! I would recommend Houston Infertility Institute to anyone looking.

2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr. Griffith] always remembered my name and when we lost our baby his words were the ones that helped me get through....He treats you like a person. He is so nice and caring. He informs you of everything and understands that you inform yourself as well.
[The nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute was] so sweet. Fast responding. Always answered every question I had even if they seemed crazy. [The clinic is] clean, organized....He [Dr. Griffith] treats you like a person. He is so nice and caring. He informs you of everything and understands that you inform yourself as well.
He is smart and caring.
He always remembered my name and when we lost our baby his words were the ones that helped me get through.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
So sweet. Fast responding. Always answered every question I had even if they seemed crazy.
Clean, organized.

2015, Unsuccessful
They [staff at Houston Fertility Institute] are worth it. Only witnessed compassion and kindness at this clinic. It is pricey, but I think comparable to other clinics. Dr. Griffith is exactly the kind of doctor I would want on this journey...They [nurses] were great. Answered any questions I had...I paid about $600 for the hysteroscopy. Ivf however was going to be $11,000-$12,000 plus meds...When we discussed IVF, he [Dr. Jason Griffith] was more partial to single embryo transfer due to my age and our chances. I thought he was extremely responsible in his advisements...was so caring. He answered every question and genuinely wanted to help...He made my husband and I feel at ease. After we tried clomid with him and got all our test results back, we had another meeting. He said we needed IVF for the best and most cost effective chance. He was so kind and really took the time to explain everything. I wish I could have afforded treatment with him.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith was wonderful. He made my husband and I feel at ease. After we tried clomid with him and got all our test results back, we had another meeting. He said we needed IVF for the best and most cost effective chance. He was so kind and really took the time to explain everything. I wish I could have afforded treatment with him.
Ask alot of questions because he will gladly answer them!
Dr. Griffith was so caring. He answered every question and genuinely wanted to help. I needed IVF, but could not afford it. I would recommend him to anyone!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
They were great. Answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are worth it. Only witnessed compassion and kindness at this clinic. It is pricey, but I think comparable to other clinics. Dr. Griffith is exactly the kind of doctor I would want on this journey.
The costs of the treatment I did receive was minimal due to initial insurance coverage for testing. I paid about $600 for the hysteroscopy. Ivf however was going to be $11,000-$12,000 plus meds.
When we discussed IVF, he was more partial to single embryo transfer due to my age and our chances. I thought he was extremely responsible in his advisements.