Alexa Clapp

713-796-9888
9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380
281-681-0480

I felt that I had to come up with the ideas and adjustments that ultimately led to my success. She [Dr. Kemi Nurudeen] is overall very approachable, friendly, and accommodating. I really appreciated her bedside manner...was at all times, professional and kind...I didn’t feel that she was particularly innovative or following our case closely enough to make small adjustments etc. I felt that any changes that occurred were based on my own ideas (to which she agreed)...She was attentive and listened to our concerns.
Test results were almost always published appropriately [by the staff at Houston Fertility Institute]. There were a few rare occassions when they weren’t posted. I was given major attitude the few times I called to ask about them...Seems like a factory...The very first thing they say after hello, is the sum of your bill. No real explanation of the bill. Just the sum total. If you have q’s the financial counselor will come up to the front desk and openly state whAt you owe...I was not impressed by the medical assistants at HFI overall. I think they are good at ultrasounds but their bedside manner is severely lacking.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She was kind, empathetic, professional. She seemed young in her practice. Didn’t seem as evidence based- when discussing novel therapies would state that “the clinic had success with x,y,z” but wasn’t able to elaborate on the supporting evidence or mechanism of action. Sometimes she would get confused on my medical details or the things we discussed. I’m Sure it’s hard to juggle so many patients but this reminded me why people regard hfi as a factory rather than a personal experience. I did end up having success here and I am forever grateful for that but I felt that I had to come up with the ideas and adjustments that ultimately led to my success. She is overall very approachable, friendly, and accommodating. I really appreciated her bedside manner
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Come with a lot of open ended questions and let her response (rather than you filling in what your specific ideas are).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Nurudeen was at all times, professional and kind. She was attentive and listened to our concerns. I didn’t feel that she was particularly innovative or following our case closely enough to make small adjustments etc. I felt that any changes that occurred were based on my own ideas (to which she agreed).
Describe the protocols Kemi Nurudeen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with estrogen priming. Followed by second antagonist protocol going above max dose meds (above gonal/ menopur 300)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I was not impressed by the medical assistants at HFI overall. I think they are good at ultrasounds but their bedside manner is severely lacking. I felt like I was bothering them any time I spoke to them in person. I think they only like to be asked q’s over email or the phone. I found them to be very cold (especially compared to my old clinic). On more than one occasion, I was made to feel badly about the scheduling of my appts. I have a tough work schedule and dr nurudeen was made aware of this at our initial consult. She assured me that it wasn’t a problem. The MAs however, felt differently and routinely pointed that out to me. It was clear that though dr nurudeen had said things were fine with my schedule, the MAs were free to make comments to me. I was taken aback on my very first lab visit where one of the MAs pointed at me and said that everyone was stuck there working late because of me. I don’t think the doctors have any control or say really, in how the MAs treat or speak to their patients. From Then on, I knew that this would strictly be a “working relationship” and that these were not staff who I could consider friends or “teammates”
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Seems like a factory The very first thing they say after hello, is the sum of your bill. No real explanation of the bill. Just the sum total. If you have q’s the financial counselor will come up to the front desk and openly state whAt you owe. definitely do privacy The two biggest complaints abo it hfi are the money haggling and impersonal quality. I found both to be true
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute.
Don’t know. Didn’t like how money seemed to be the #1 thing though
Describe Kemi Nurudeen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
We did fresh 3day transfer so 2 embryos Made more sense
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
1. Test results were almost always published appropriately. There were a few rare occassions when they weren’t posted. I was given major attitude the few times I called to ask about them
Kemi Nurudeen
Memorial Hermann Med Center

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kim is patient and is willing to answer all of my questions following my independent reading of published studies. I like to understand everything about my IVF plan and how to avoid unexpected impacts...We started with loestrin bc at day three of my cycle and continued for three weeks to stall ovulation while my insurance was pre-authorized. Then we started daily injections with ultrasound and bloodwork every other day to measure eggs, estradiol and FSH...retrieved 26 eggs of which twelve were mature eggs
The office [of Houston Fertility Institute] is organized, clean and well structured. I do recommend following your treatment closely and asking questions when they come up...Ten eggs were fertilized via ICSI with a fresh sperm sample from TESA procedure the same morning. Five embryos made it to blastocyst stage... Utilize the ability to message your nurses with questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Kim is patient and is willing to answer all of my questions following my independent reading of published studies. I like to understand everything about my IVF plan and how to avoid unexpected impacts.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask as many questions as you can.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Kim is a wonderful doctor. He is kind, knowledgeable, and his staff is top notch.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kim used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We started with loestrin bc at day three of my cycle and continued for three weeks to stall ovulation while my insurance was pre-authorized. Then we started daily injections with ultrasound and bloodwork every other day to measure eggs, estradiol and FSH. The injections, blood work and injections lasted for nine days. The first four days of Injections were 200 gonal-f and two vials of menopur. Day five through nine of injections were 175 gonal-f, two vials of menopur, and cetrotide. Day ten was leuprolide 80 units trigger shot at 9:15pm and day eleven was leuprolide 80 units trigger shot at 9:00am. Day twelve was egg retrieval at 8:30 am. The stand-in doc retrieved 26 eggs of which twelve were mature eggs. Ten eggs were fertilized via ICSI with a fresh sperm sample from TESA procedure the same morning. Five embryos made it to blastocyst stage. Three embryos made it through cryopreservation. PGS genetic testing was completed and all three embryos were aneuploidy. Dr. Kim explained that aneuploidy embryos are usually isolated and does not expect the same result on another cycle. He plans to prescribe increased menopur and decreased gonal-f dosage in conjunction with HCG for the next cycle starting five weeks following the egg retrieval resulting in No embryos for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
I can’t say enough about how great the nursing staff is at Dr. Kims office.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The office is organized, clean and well structured. I do recommend following your treatment closely and asking questions when they come up. Utilize the ability to message your nurses with questions and concerns.
Describe Jonathan Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
There were no embryos to transfer following review of embryo PFS genetic testing results.
Katy Office

Due to diminished ovarian reserve, age and a low AMH Dr. Griffith put us on a very intensive hormone protocol. I was unresponsive the first time around so he adjusted the protocol completely for the second time which was more successful. He also had us on several supplements. Currently, we are waiting and hoping to start the third round after taking a few months off to add in some holistic approaches.
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] provided excellent explanations of steps, the process, medications, and were available to answer my call whenever I needed something. From the moment you walk into the office, the staff is smiley and take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He has a strong knowledge and wide experience base. There were a few times where I felt things could be communicated more clearly and that all options explained. However, he was willing to spend the time with us that we needed to ask any and all questions we had to ease any uncertainty or anxiety, and for this, I am truly grateful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask any and all questions you may have. Do not hesitate to also inquire about supplements, holistic methods and current research with him. He is always willing to chat about all options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
The entire office team is amazing! We had many consult appointments with Dr. Griffith as well to determine course of action along the way. Every interaction was excellent from the whole team. They all take an interest in you and focus not just on the medical side of things but also you as a person and a couple.
Describe the protocols Jason Griffith used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff is AMAZING! They provided excellent explanations of steps, the process, medications, and were available to answer my call whenever I needed something. From the moment you walk into the office, the staff is smiley and take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient. Even when the news was sad, they took the time to make sure you understood the information and that you were ok. I actually enjoyed going for my appointments, which were often!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is a welcoming place. They are flexible with schedules and work with you. I work in the school system so they were wonderful scheduling my appointments around my crazy schedule. One thing to note is that blood work is done in the morning but results are received that same day which is really nice!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.
over $20,000 for 1 cycle
Woodlands Office

He [Dr. Jonathan Kim] is the best at what he does. He is informative and educated. He and his wife have been through these medical procedures as well so he had first hand experience with every detail of infertility. He supports and encourages through the entire process.
The nursing staff of Dr Kim [at Houston Fertility Institute] is very completely supportive and compassionate. I cannot say enough good things about all of them...they have a reassurance program that cuts the cost if the first transfer doesn’t hold. I have not seen this at any other clinic.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim was very supportive and wonderful. We managed to get pregnant but the embryo quite growing at 7 weeks. Dr Kim was right there with us each step of the way. I cannot say enough great things about him. We will be staying with Dr Kim for the next round of IVF.
He is the best at what he does. He is informative and educated. He and his wife have been through these medical procedures as well so he had first hand experience with every detail of infertility. He supports and encourages through the entire process.
Dr. Kim is an amazing doctor. He cares about his patients. Even though my outcome was not what we wanted we know he is there to help in the future.
There is a lot of drugs we used in egg retrieval but I cannot remember the dosages. After the egg retrieval we used estrogen and progesterone shots everyday for 8 weeks, up until I miscarried.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff of Dr Kim is very completely supportive and compassionate. I cannot say enough good things about all of them. I have been with 3-4 of the same nurses through this whole journey. They are all great people.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The support team is great. The lab techs are wonderful. The nurses are amazing. The only downfall I can think of is originally speaking with the person in charge of payment. Just seemed a bit cold. It’s not really a fault of anyone though. There is a lot of emotions that go on when thinking about infertility and all of the interactions are wonderful.... payment is never wonderful, especially when you’re thinking of the cost of these procedures. It’s overwhelming.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute.
I believe it was $6000-7000 to begin the IVF treatment. Then $6000-7000 to do the procedures and dna tests. Then $5000-7000 for medication. Egg retrieval was around $5000 and before/after transfer ran over $1500. But with Dr Kim, they have a reassurance program that cuts the cost if the first transfer doesn’t hold. I have not seen this at any other clinic. The costs are cut in half. I believe the total will be around $7000 then the costs of medications.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Griffith is very down to earth and very compassionate. I always felt like he was giving me his best treatment plans and a realistic expectation to what he thought the outcomes would be. He always made me feel comfortable and he never seemed rushed if I was asking him questions...He looked at the protocol used previously, compared my labs and age, and decided to do a cycle with max doses.
I think this [Houston Fertility Institute] clinic’s location does a great job of making patients feel like people even with their high patient count...take the time to work with every patient and answer their questions. I think their biggest weakness is when you have to talk to someone from their call center or after hours who doesn’t really understand your protocol but this is something I would expect from most large practices.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Griffith is very down to earth and very compassionate. I always felt like he was giving me his best treatment plans and a realistic expectation to what he thought the outcomes would be. He always made me feel comfortable and he never seemed rushed if I was asking him questions. His compassion for me and my care is what kept me wanting to go down this path to parenthood.
Go into your consult with an open mind. Be prepared to hear things you may not want to hear but know he is going to give you his educated opinion on what the best course of treatment is for you.
Dr. Griffith always went out of his way to talk to me about my treatment plan. I always felt like he and his staff knew what I had been through specifically versus just another one of their patients.
When I went to Dr. Griffith I had just completed a failed IVF cycle with a different practice. He looked at the protocol used previously, compared my labs and age, and decided to do a cycle with max doses. With DOR he wanted to get the best number of eggs he could get, as quickly as he could get them. We did that protocol twice. The first time we got 1 embryo that was transferred frozen. The second time we transferred 1 fresh and sent the other for PGS testing. The transfer failed and the testing results showed abnormal, missing chromosomes and having extras of others. This gave us more of a clear indication of my poor egg quality so we could proceed to donor egg.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Whitney)
I love all the staff at my clinic but because Whitney was my first nurse I always feel a special connection to her. She’s the first one I contact if I have a concern and I know she will always go above and beyond to get me an answer. She’s super compassionate and sweet and feels more like a friend than a healthcare provider.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I think this clinic’s location does a great job of making patients feel like people even with their high patient count. Yes they are busy but I think they truly take the time to work with every patient and answer their questions. I think their biggest weakness is when you have to talk to someone from their call center or after hours who doesn’t really understand your protocol but this is something I would expect from most large practices.
My costs were covered mainly through insurance billing. My insurance provides up to 3 cycles of IVF. Medications and co-pays were paid out of pocket until deductibles and out of pockets were reached, after that most treatments and medications were covered.
Woodlands Office

Dr. Clapp has a way of speaking to patients like a friend, presenting all the facts while also being delicate. She has a positive and confident demeanor that puts anyone at ease...she presented all of our options and steps to us clearly and in detail as well as ways to pivot if we got an undesirable result...extremely personable and confident and makes us feel that we will get the outcome we all desire, a family of our own
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] is very welcoming...really get to know one another. They are friendly, attentive, and always available if you call to ask questions...costs for an oral medication cycle was roughly $900. The cost for an injectable cycle is around $2000...nice area with a free parking garage
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
When we first consulted with Dr. Clapp she welcomed us like old friends. After going over all of our labs, she presented all of our options and steps to us clearly and in detail as well as ways to pivot if we got an undesirable result. We had to cancel our cycle due to the COVID-19 outbreak, but Dr.Clapp made a point to contact us personally outlining what we would do next as soon as we could get back in the clinic and calmed all of our anxieties and fears. She’s extremely personable and confident and makes us feel that we will get the outcome we all desire, a family of our own.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
Come prepared when seeing Dr. Clapp. If you have any questions write them down and make sure to ask them. If you have any labs, vaccination records, or test results, bring them with you. There’s no such thing as too much information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Alexa Clapp used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
My husband and I wanted to try to get pregnant as naturally as possible, however I was diagnosed with PCOS. We started our cycle out with taking Letrozol, once we found that my ovaries were resistant, we switched to a cycle of Clomid, upping the dosage each time. My follicles continued not to mature, so with a new cycle we are doing doing a combination of things, including taking Metformin and injectables.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff is very welcoming. Because we have to sometimes come in multiple times a week to monitor the growth of follicles, we have the opportunity to really get to know one another. They are friendly, attentive, and always available if you call to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI is one of the largest and most successful fertility clinics in the Greater Houston Area. There are multiple locations so be sure to find one close to your home. Our clinic is located in a nice area with a free parking garage. The clinic itself has a bunch of useful literature if you need it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.
The costs for an oral medication cycle was roughly $900. The cost for an injectable cycle is around $2000.
Describe Alexa Clapp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I don’t have any comments on this because we haven’t gotten to that point in our fertility journey yet, and haven’t discussed.
Alexa Clapp
Beaumont Office

NO matter how dumb your questions sound, don't worry...DR.Yeh has patience for us and will not let you leave unless all your questions are answered...Since day 1 it was clear my cycles were irregular, we went straight to ultrasounds. He said it was recommended to have a hysteroscopy done before we tried any kind of treatment...I felt like he has been the only Dr. who was able to find my problem. He was the 1st fertility Dr. i saw but since i was little ihad signs of PCOS and my Drs never seemed to figure it out. HE was amazing!!!! I have recomended him to a few friends.
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] were very patient and answered all my questions. They have a patient portal to where we as patients can message them directly with questions. if they had the time to give me a call they would...IUI cost between 1200-4000 IVF cost 14000-30000. That was not including the medication needed...everyone has a smile at all times. They offer water and even crackers if yo go on an empty stomach.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
NO matter how dumb your questions sound, don't worry DR. Yeh has patience for us and will not let you leave unless all your questions are answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Yeh listened to me no matter how dumb or simple my questions would be. He knew what to say
Describe the protocols Jason Yeh used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Since day 1 it was clear my cycles were irregular, we went straight to ultrasounds. He said it was recommended to have a hysteroscopy done before we tried any kind of treatment. While waiting for my hysteroscopy appointment we did blood and urine tests and found out i had PCOS, which made it hard for me to ovulate, after that my husband and i wanted IUI treatment but unfortunately when dong the hysteroscopy we found out my tubes were blocked, leaving us with only IVF as our only option. Due to the pandemic i haven't worked for a few months and in order to gather such an amount of money for IVF makes me feel sad. Already knowing i need such a treatment to conceive makes me feel less of a woman!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira Casttleberry)
They were very patient and answered all my questions. They have a patient portal to where we as patients can message them directly with questions. if they had the time to give me a call they would
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I honestly felt that they were great as they are now. I don't think they need to change anything. From walking in, to being called back, to the DR the staff everyone has a smile at all times. They offer water and even crackers if yo go on an empty stomach.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Jason Yeh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He mentioned i was high on egg production. He said while taking the eggs out they would try to take as many as they can at once in case it did't work the 1st time.
2020, Unknown Success
I had extensive blood work done [with Dr. Jason Griffith] and all has come back normal except my vitamin d levels. I was called by his office and given specifics on where to get the supplement and how much to take for how long. I am going to be doing a hysteroscopy soon...bedside manner is amazing. He is real with you, but also gentle and provides hope towards whatever the route will be to our bringing a baby home.
The nurses I have dealt with [at Houston Fertility Institute] have all been very informative and very helpful. They are gentle with me as I go through this process...I see nothing weak about this clinic. So far they are on top of everything and careful with my feelings and my testing has been scheduled with ease and it has been a pleasant experience. I think this clinic offers what every woman needs when going through something so stressful.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is great with explaining in detail the process coming next. He takes time to speak with you and not rush you. He listens when you speak and doesn’t interrupt. Overall he is a great doctor who cares and I believe wants the best outcome for his clinic and our family.
Tell him all your concerns and lay it all out when consulting so he can take the best approach
Dr Griffiths bedside manner is amazing. He is real with you, but also gentle and provides hope towards whatever the route will be to our bringing a baby home.
I have had only diagnostic up to this point. I had extensive blood work done and all has come back normal except my vitamin d levels. I was called by his office and given specifics on where to get the supplement and how much to take for how long. I am going to be doing a hysteroscopy soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nurses I have dealt with have all been very informative and very helpful. They are gentle with me as I go through this process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
So far we have spent only our copay. I am waiting on the bill for the lab work as we will have to pay 20% I believe. Our testing for the hysteroscopy will be $1,000. Then if treatment is needed or we want to try an IUI first it will be no covered by our insurance as they only cover diagnostic. We lost a baby at 13 weeks last year and trying for another is hard enough. Then having to pay out of pocket if you need help is so not helpful in this terrible situation.
Willowbrook Office

tried an Agonist protocol at first and got 7 eggs, 2 embryos and one PGS normal [with Dr. Jason Griffith]. Tried antagonist next and got 3 eggs, 1 embryo which is PGS normal...good bedside manner and very friendly. We are long into our journey and prefer blunt brutal honesty and Dr Griffith will give this if requested. I appreciate his openness to try new strategies and talk through articles I've read
tried an Agonist protocol at first and got 7 eggs, 2 embryos and one PGS normal [at Houston Fertility Institute]. Tried antagonist next and got 3 eggs, 1 embryo which is PGS normal...nursing staff really aren't too familiar with your history...just a couple times I was not phoned with results/ updates. These were always sent to my patient portal though...cost of a cycle is 13000 for ivf. This doesn't include meds
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
be clear on what you want when u go in and advocate for yourself
Monitoring the nurses didn't know anything about my history or treatment plan. Dr Griffith was the only one familiar with our case
tried an Agonist protocol at first and got 7 eggs, 2 embryos and one PGS normal. Tried antagonist next and got 3 eggs, 1 embryo which is PGS normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Feenandez)
nursing staff really aren't too familiar with your history
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
clinic is large and its easy to become just another patient but choose your doctor carefully. I like Dr Griffiths approach. I also like access to financial coordinator for explanation and my coordinator for detailed questions
cost of a cycle is 13000 for ivf. This doesn't include meds
Willowbrook Office

[Dr. Josh Skorupski is] Very trustworthy compassionate investigator he going to find what’s wrong and very knowledgeable dedicated to his patient...my doctor truly cares about me and bluntly tells the truth but with care empathy sympathy and I trust him with my life
[The Houston Fertility Institute is] knowledgeable and honest including from the Phelbotomist and receptionist it’s all a group effort and everyone does the job exceptionally well...if they don’t have answer right away they we come back to give you an answer
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
I trust my doctor with my life I know he does everything he can to make sure we get to goal and that’s to carry full term and birthing a baby you can tell he loves what he do with a passion and he truly cares about each and everyone of his patients I can’t wait until COVID-19 ends to start our FET again see you soon
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Human my doctor truly cares about me and bluntly tells the truth but with care empathy sympathy and I trust him with my life
Describe the protocols Josh Skorupski used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
hsg to check Patency of tubes flushing of tubes left blocked Ivf due to risk of ectopic pregnancy ERA to make sure we transferring them at the right time with optimal environment for embryos to stick and stay
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Empathy sympathy and compassionate informal
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They are a team a family and anyone that becomes a patient becomes family. and they want the best outcome for us all they have no weaknesses that I can tell and honestly I have recommended one of my friends to them and she is currently pregnant by the help of them and I’m just waiting on my rainbow They are very knowledgeable and honest including from the Phelbotomist and receptionist it’s all a group effort and everyone does the job exceptionally well with out flaw if they don’t have answer right away they we come back to give you an answer they actually feel every emotion from a patient
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Institute.
Smooth takes no time to be in out but feeling full filled and not rushed
Describe the costs associated with your care under Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute.
Ivf cost and office vists 60 dollars
Describe Josh Skorupski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Honest and open explaining the pros and cons
2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Josh Skorupski] is very compassionate about his work and his manner is very warm and comforting. He gets it and he understands and will do everything in his power to make your baby dreams come true...you have a personal consultation with him one on one. It's a private setting. He is very thorough and even has a box of tissues on the desk in front of you if you need them...Doctor Josh Skorupski is here to help. He went into infertility medicine after watching a close family member suffer the pain of infertility.
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] are very comforting and are absolutely the sweetest I've ever meet. From the first meeting I appreciated their manner and was relieved. The whole staff is there to help and you can just feel the love and support...They have a financial consultant that you can talk to at any time and also a patient portal with all your information...Small, quiet clinic that is cozy with comfortable chairs and couches. Wait time isn't long at all. When you are called back you are greeted with gentle genuine smiles from the staff. You are escorted to Dr. Skorupski's office where you have a personal consultation with him one on one. It's a private setting. He is very thorough and even has a box of tissues on the desk in front of you if you need them.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Doctor Josh Skorupski is here to help. He went into infertility medicine after watching a close family member suffer the pain of infertility. He truly wants to help all achieve their goals and will do everything in his power to do that. He's a brilliant doctor that works with understanding and passion.
Trust him!
He is truly here to help others. He went into the infertility business because he watched a close family member experience infertility issues first hand. He wanted to help her and help others and he is. He is a brilliant doctor and will do everything he can to help you. He is very compassionate about his work and his manner is very warm and comforting. He gets it and he understands and will do everything in his power to make your baby dreams come true.
We are just in the testing stage at the moment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff in his office are very comforting and are absolutely the sweetest I've ever meet. From the first meeting I appreciated their manner and was relieved. The whole staff is there to help and you can just feel the love and support.
Beaumont Office

I only saw him [Dr. Griffith] at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored...He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress...He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience...he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K [at Houston Fertility Institute]...If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear...nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard...The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Griffith. I had gone through my first IVF cycle with another clinic which resulted in 0 normal embryos to transfer and that doctor didn't seem to show any compassion or care in my results. Knowing that we could only afford to pay for one additional cycle, I did extensive research with varying clinics and met with 5 new RE's. Dr. Griffith was the last RE I met with and he immediately put me at ease. I had a long list of questions regarding my failed cycle and had done my own research regarding what may help in a second. He patiently answered all my questions and backed up all my research with data of his own. Once the cycle started, I only saw him at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored. His nurses were there to help relay any questions I had quickly to him to answer. He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress. He did not perform my egg retrieval but I knew that going into the cycle. I did have some minor complications after the retrieval which required a trip to the ER. I notified the clinic of my symptoms and ER visit and they quickly had me come in to be evaluated by Dr. Griffith even though everything had been resolved. He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience. I couldn't have chosen a better doctor for my IVF journey. My only wish is that I had come to him the first time.
I think being understanding that you are not going to see Dr. Griffith at every appointment. I saw him for my consultation and during my stimulation period to confirm progress prior to retrieval. He did not perform my retrieval but I knew that beforehand so I was comfortable with it. He did perform my transfer and performed my US the day my pregnancy was confirmed in the clinic. He also performed my last US the day I graduated from the clinic. It was apparent to me that Dr. Griffith had a large amount of patients he was treating and that almost made me more comfortable in my decision to use him in that he was in such high demand. Even though I did not see him every appointment, I never had any issues in having my questions answered by him quickly.
Dr. Griffith and the nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard. Though I did not see Dr. Griffith every visit, if I had any questions regarding my cycle/treatment, I was able to get quick answers from him. The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
Protocol was important to me and one of the reasons why I chose Dr. Griffith. After speaking with 5 different RE's, Dr. Griffith was one of two that offered a different protocol than the one I had previously used which resulted in a failed cycle. My first cycle was an antagonist protocol using a combination of Gonal-F and Menopur. I had a slow start (only a few follicles showing) so my Gonal dosage was increased on day 4. I ended up with 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature. Of those, only 7 fertilized and I ended up with 4 embryos (3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic). Since I did not have any normal embryos to transfer, the cycle ended. I took these results to Dr. Griffith and he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna & Leah)
The nurses and coordinators at HFI Willowbrook are amazing! I spoke and met with Jenna/Leah mostly and they both were always very sweet, answered my questions, and were personable and kind with our interactions. They always put me at ease and were supportive throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I think overall the clinic was great! They were always very clear in communications. If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear. I would only say it would be nice to have the option of the consent forms for you and your partner to be signed electronically off site. That really is my only suggestion. Everything else was great!
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K.
Describe Jason Griffith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
This was my choice really. I was against multiple embryo transfer and Dr. Griffith supported my choice and never suggested anything other than an eSET.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. ... After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. ... Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her.
The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them ... Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time.
How was your experience with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hoff is a sweet person and extremely compassionate. After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. During my "wins" (one chemical and one miscarriage) we celebrated together my positive betas and was always willing to talk to us if we didn't have positive betas. I felt that she was really on my team when it came to my results. As far as the not-so-good, she was not very proactive regarding our treatment. We had to bring a treatment option to her that was not offered to us and was extremely simple (freezing sperm to mix with a fresh sample for an IUI). Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her. Dr. Hoff is an extremely positive person so all of our conversations centered around what could go right in the future, and not what was going wrong right now. It was comforting to have her reassurance but I think I really could have used more professional guidance on the actual problems we were having.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be your own advocate and research your own treatment options. Ask "why" ALWAYS because she won't tell you or give you a vague answer. A lot of times the answer really is vague, but sometimes it's not....but you aren't given any details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. It was a little frustrating because we didn't go to medical school for this.
Describe the protocols Heather Hoff used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Before cycling I had a hysteroscopy and my husband had a SA to determine where we were. Hoff said my hysteroscopy results came back perfect, but when I looked in my surgery report it said that the biopsy result they took was not positive for inflammation, but contained "pre-inflammation" or something. I was never told this by Hoff as she said everything looked good so I believed her. My husband's SA came back a little less than perfect but she said it was adequate for an IUI even though it had less than 1% morphology. IUI #1-- I used Clomid and regular monitoring. The last monitoring appointment I went to they said I had already ovulated and instructed me NOT to use my Ovidrel trigger but to have sex that evening and then come in for an IUI next day. I did so and during my TWW I used Endometrin vaginally 1x a day. after my TWW I had a positive beta of 16. The next beta it fell to 5, resulting in a chemical pregnancy. IUI #2- Same exact protocol as IUI #1 except I did use my Ovidrel trigger this time. Husband's sample day of IUI was extremely poor. We asked Hoff about this and she said he may have had an infection three months prior. Results were a negative beta. IUI #3- Changed protocols by switching to Letrozole with another Ovidrel trigger. I responded well to the Letrozole. This cycle we brought up the option of freezing samples beforehand and mixing them with fresh samples to get better counts. This resulted in better counts but ended in another negative beta. IUI #4- Protocol was not changed at all and ended in a missed chemical pregnancy (positive HPT but negative beta.) IUI #5- Same as previous protocol. In November of 2018 I became pregnant naturally. I went to see Hoff for my betas and eventual scans. My progesterone was not at the level they wanted so they kept increasing it. Eventually I was on Endometrin 3x daily and oral progesterone 3x daily. No heartbeat ever developed and I had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I loved the nurses at my branch of HFI (Katy.) They were communicative and really compassionate. I have trouble with vaginal ultrasounds and Vanessa was extremely respectful of this. I felt really comfortable with her doing my scans. The nurses calmed me down a lot when I had problems and were often a better source of quick information than the Internet!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI has lots of locations and there was one ten minutes from my house on the way to my office. The offices are nice, new and comfortable. The staff is nice at certain locations. Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time. All procedures are performed at the Piney Point location ONLY, so I had to travel into Houston directly every time I had an IUI. That is pretty annoying. They are one of the more expensive clinics in Houston. A single cycle with meds and PGS will run you about $20,000 - $30,000. The payment options are meager at best. The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute.
IUIs were about $1,500 each and meds were another $300-400.
Describe Heather Hoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
No embryo experience with Hoff.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
Had a bit of trouble getting the clinic to send oral prescriptions to my local pharmacy instead of the mail-order one they use for IVF meds.
Heather Hoff
Katy Office

We first started off by using testosterone and priming me for one cycle to see how I ovulate son my own [with Dr. Jason Griffith]. Once we did that we then used menupor, cetrotide, gonal and omnitrope. They got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 5 made to blast. We did not pgs any of them.... I was very blunt as to what I expected and what I had already been through he assured me he would make it all happen! He explained to us what new things we would try and the outcomes we could expect! He was always positive we could get pregnant even with my husbands tese sperm! If I ever had a question about anything he would call and explain it to me! He’s amazing!
The office [HFI-The Woodlands] was clean, organized and usually on time using the holidays it was a little slower. They offer snacks, water and coffee In the waiting room. The lady that draws your blood is really sweet and good at her job!.... He allowed us to transfer 2 the first time since I’m 40 and husband is 47, and they were untested day 6 and 7. This transfer resulted in a chemical. We had 3 day 7 blast left and the office had a formal meeting deciding rather we could transfer all 3 since we decided we would be done after this, and they agreed. One took.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
From the minute we stepped into his office and met him we knew he was he doctor for us! I was very blunt as to what I expected and what I had already been through he assured me he would make it all happen! He explained to us what new things we would try and the outcomes we could expect! He was always positive we could get pregnant even with my husbands tese sperm! If I ever had a question about anything he would call and explain it to me! He’s amazing!
Tell him what you expect and what you want from his treatment, he will listen to you!
Where to begin! He has amazing nurses which make the whole experience incredible! I always felt welcomed never rushed and my questions were always answered timely!
We first started off by using testosterone and priming me for one cycle to see how I ovulate son my own. Once we did that we then used menupor, cetrotide, gonal and omnitrope. They got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 5 made to blast. We did not pgs any of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel R )
Amazing!!!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The office was clean, organized and usually on time using the holidays it was a little slower. They offer snacks, water and coffee In the waiting room. The lady that draws your blood is really sweet and good at her job!

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr. Steward was very kind and compassionate. He took the time to answer all of my questions no matter how over the top they were. He seemed knowledgeable. During monitoring I didn’t see him very often. He didn’t do my retrieval but did my transfers and followed up with me after negative tests. He worked to adjust treatment and listened when we had our second negative outcome but still didn’t have any clear answers to why we were not successful.
Strengths [at HFI]: the staff is very kind, they have great communication and easy access to numbers. The office tried to stay on time for appointments and got me in and out as quickly as possible during monitoring process. Cons: during consults at times I got the feeling like I was taking too long - But I like to research and ask lots of questions and can go on too long. I felt a little rushed to start treatment. Looking back I should have taken more time to think things through, but was eager to get started and they make apartments right then and there when you are ready. Since things are so cycle dependent it’s easy to get swept up in it all and it moves fast. It can be overwhelming. Also, I didn’t see Dr. Steward often, only during consults and transfers, and once or twice during monitoring if he happened to be available. I had two unsuccessful transfers but still don’t know exactly why.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and take your time in making decisions. Get other opinions just so you feel educated when you decide to start treatment.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strengths: the staff is very kind, they have great communication and easy access to numbers. The office tried to stay on time for appointments and got me in and out as quickly as possible during monitoring process. Cons: during consults at times I got the feeling like I was taking too long - But I like to research and ask lots of questions and can go on too long. I felt a little rushed to start treatment. Looking back I should have taken more time to think things through, but was eager to get started and they make apartments right then and there when you are ready. Since things are so cycle dependent it’s easy to get swept up in it all and it moves fast. It can be overwhelming. Also, I didn’t see Dr. Steward often, only during consults and transfers, and once or twice during monitoring if he happened to be available. I had two unsuccessful transfers but still don’t know exactly why.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute.
6900 dr fees 3000 facility fees $250 anesthesia 3000 meds 3700 2nd transfer 4750 pgs testing
Ryan Steward

2017 - 2019, Successful
he [Dr. Jason Yeh] is willing to take the time to explain and make you feel comfortable...Medicated cycle for egg retrieval, frozen transfer with 1 5-day embryo...He had a conversation with us, explaining the rationale behind transferring one embryo and gave us the option to ask questions. Said we had the ultimate say in the decision but that this was his professional recommendation and we agreed...He was upfront with everything we could expect with the treatment and willing and available to answer questions. He had a great personality, was professional and patient. Seemed invested in our success and us being comfortable with the treatment. We didn't see him at every single appt, but felt comfortable with any of the nurses, staff, other Dr's we interacted with.
Everyone in the office [at HFI] - dr, nurses, staff knew my husband and I when we were there for each appt. Were always willing to work with us on scheduling - convenient hours with working full time, fitting us in last minute for an appt if needed, etc. Dr, nurses and staff seemed invested in the success of our treatment and always made themselves available for questions, concerns, etc...All of the nurses and staff at the Kingwood office were so helpful and kind. They knew my husband and I each time we arrived and were invested in the success of our treatment. I have never been treated so well at a dr office - the nurses and staff made the whole experience great for us.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask questions - he is willing to take the time to explain and make you feel comfortable.
Everyone in the office - dr, nurses, staff knew my husband and I when we were there for each appt. Were always willing to work with us on scheduling - convenient hours with working full time, fitting us in last minute for an appt if needed, etc. Dr, nurses and staff seemed invested in the success of our treatment and always made themselves available for questions, concerns, etc.
Medicated cycle for egg retrieval, frozen transfer with 1 5-day embryo
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: YADIRA CASALDERREY)
She was absolutely amazing and guided us through every step of the process. she made herself available even after hours for any questions or concerns. We love her! All of the nurses and staff at the Kingwood office were so helpful and kind. They knew my husband and I each time we arrived and were invested in the success of our treatment. I have never been treated so well at a dr office - the nurses and staff made the whole experience great for us.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The overall experience at this clinic and the related surgery center were great. Everyone was helpful and willing to make themselves available to answer any questions. Anytime we did have an issue with an appt, financial question, etc, it was quickly resolved. The staff at the clinic was friendly and helpful and we never waited more than 10 minutes for an appt, even though it was always a very busy office. Cannot say enough good things about the way we were treated by everyone we interacted with.
We paid for everything out of pocket for the treatment , procedures and medication. zero insurance coverage until our prenatal coverage kicked in for the monitoring until i graduated to my regular OB. I dont remember the exact amount but it was between $15-$20k for our treatment cycle.
Kingwood Office

Knew details of my case, explained what he thought would work for us. ... Very straightforward with plan of action. Explained reasons for what he thought was best treatment. Thoroughly answered any questions we had. Monitored follicles closely and increased dosage when I was initially slow to respond. ... When we met with dr witz after our failed fresh embryo transfer he recommended frozen embryo transfer as our next step.
Very busy but very efficient. They [Houston Fertility Institute] knew I liked to get in first thing to get to work and did their best to accommodate that. Only clinic open on weekends both Saturday and Sunday. Patient portal could use an upgrade. ... Then the financial advisor emailed me saying he recommended another egg retrieval as our next step. That was frustrating to get conflicting information.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is very straightforward and doesn’t sugarcoat things but I like that. Tells you what he thinks you need to do as an expert in his field.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Knew details of my case, explained what he thought would work for us.
Describe the protocols Craig Witz used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Was participating in a study so I had to do downregulation per study protocol. Then started with lupron and then menopur started with one vial when I was slow to respond upped to 3 then upped to max of 6 vials nightly. Study only produced two embryos, both transfers failed. Next did self-pay cycle with menopur, gonal f and cetrotide. Got 6 embryos, genetically tested, 2 came back normal, 1 indeterminate.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Quick to respond to emails through patient portal.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Very busy but very efficient. They knew I liked to get in first thing to get to work and did their best to accommodate that. Only clinic open on weekends both Saturday and Sunday. Patient portal could use an upgrade.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.
We got into a study so paid $3,500 for our first fresh IVF cycle. Then paidaround $5,000 for frozen embryo transfer. Our self-pay cycle with meds and PGS testing we spent around $25,000.
Describe Craig Witz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He explained risks of multiples and we agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
When we met with dr witz after our failed fresh embryo transfer he recommended frozen embryo transfer as our next step. Then the financial advisor emailed me saying he recommended another egg retrieval as our next step. That was frustrating to get conflicting information.
Craig Witz
Houston Office

When our ivf cycle failed, he [Dr. Daniel Williams] had a very loving conversation with us encouraging us to take some time and then come back and we will go at it again from a new perspective. He makes you feel like you are important and he genuinely cares about you...has an all around professional demeanor. He wants to make sure you truly understand what is going to happen. He doesn’t mind re-explaining things and is very patient. Dr. Williams is also compassionate. I am very emotional and some days the tears would get the best of me and Dr. Williams would always be kind and try to make me feel better about the stresses of going through IVF. When our IUI and IVF pregnancy tests were negative he was very compassionate. It was like the results hurt him too. Makes you feel like you are his only patient and that says a lot to me. Especially when you’re going through something as emotional as IVF. I would and have suggested Dr. Williams to several of my friends. He’s great!!
Amber and Kat [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] were absolutely amazing. They were both compassionate, organized, knowledgeable and had great communication skills...The Piney Point office is the one we go to with Dr. Williams. We prefer it over the Sugar Land office, due to the office staff being much more friendly and down to earth. Their biggest strength at HFI, is communication and compassion. They make sure you fully understand what you’re going through and what will happen. They leave no stone unturned. They also make you feel comfortable and cared for during this time. They help you during the times that are a struggle and they will even check on you to make sure you’re doing well.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams has an all around professional demeanor. He wants to make sure you truly understand what is going to happen. He doesn’t mind re-explaining things and is very patient. Dr. Williams is also compassionate. I am very emotional and some days the tears would get the best of me and Dr. Williams would always be kind and try to make me feel better about the stresses of going through IVF. When our IUI and IVF pregnancy tests were negative he was very compassionate. It was like the results hurt him too. Makes you feel like you are his only patient and that says a lot to me. Especially when you’re going through something as emotional as IVF. I would and have suggested Dr. Williams to several of my friends. He’s great!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Take notes and ask every question, even if it feels stupid or if he has already answered it. Be transparent.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams tried to get to know my husband and me. When we went to the appointments he was very thorough and would look us each in the eye. Making sure we understood and that he wasn’t talking to just one of us. When our ivf cycle failed, he had a very loving conversation with us encouraging us to take some time and then come back and we will go at it again from a new perspective. He makes you feel like you are important and he genuinely cares about you.
Describe the protocols Daniel Williams used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I can’t remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Amber Mendoza & Kat Vallejos)
Amber and Kat were absolutely amazing. They were both compassionate, organized, knowledgeable and had great communication skills. I honestly cannot day enough about them. They stood out to me and my husband and nurses/ care coordinator who love their job and who care about their patients.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Houston Fertility Institute is wonderful! The Piney Point office is the one we go to with Dr. Williams. We prefer it over the Sugar Land office, due to the office staff being much more friendly and down to earth. Their biggest strength at HFI, is communication and compassion. They make sure you fully understand what you’re going through and what will happen. They leave no stone unturned. They also make you feel comfortable and cared for during this time. They help you during the times that are a struggle and they will even check on you to make sure you’re doing well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.
I cannot remember.
Describe Daniel Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Williams prefers to implant one embryo but will do two if requested.
Sugar Land Office

He [Dr. Jason Yeh] was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe...He explained to me that it is better to just implant a single embryo instead of multiple. He will test the embryos to see which ones are more likely to implant. I trust his approach and know he has my health in mind with this course of treatment.
[Houston Fertility Institite] has multiple locations...They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing...Yadira [nurse] was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr.Yeh was very compassionate when addressing all my concerns. He took as much time as I needed to feel comfortable about my treatment plan. He also called himself throughout the process to check on me to see how I was feeling. I haven’t had a doctor call to check on me before and it made me feel like he cares about his patients. I was impressed with how through the treatment was and I would recommend him to anyone.
Be on time and allow yourself extra time to talk to the doctor. He will give you as much time as you need to address all questions and concerns.
I took Gonal-f and menopur for 10 days. On day 5 I had to add Centritide to prevent ovulation. I responded very well to the medication. I went 3 days a week to get blood work and a follicle ultrasound to make sure everything was growing the was he wanted it to. I triggered with Lupron and Novarel on day 11 and proceeded with me egg retrieval on day 13. He was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe. I am looking forward to the transfer as soon as the OHSS symptoms go away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira Casalderrey)
Yadira was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic has multiple locations I live 1.5 hours away from the closest clinic. With having so many locations it made it easy to find the closest one. They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing.
My total costs that included all tests, appointments, egg retrieval, freezing embryos and embryo transfer were $11,430. This was after their military discount which it made it even better that they recognize the military.

2019, Consult
Dr. Griffith met personally with both my husband and myself. He spoke of the various options available to us and the different factors to consider along our way. He indicated he wanted us to pace ourselves as we fell comfortable and invited us to ask questions. He more thoroughly explained the challenges my husband is facing and we left feeling much more informed than when we came in...We have only consulted with the doctor, however he was very honest about %'s and expectations. He is open minded to our preference to begin with IUI while IVF may be a more effective method he was not at all discouraging.
I love that they [Houston Fertility Institute] use the eIVF site to upload your DL, Insurance, and history. You're able to see all of your results, real time online. They have someone available to answer questions all day. It doesn't feel like other offices that put you on hold for a life time or are quick to pass you off. You never feel like a burden...[nurses are] Warm, welcoming and attentive. We even called back with a ton of questions which they patiently answered.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
If it pops into your head, ask. He qill put all your questions at ease.
We have not started cycles. I previously did clomid and estrogen with my last doctor. My husband has provided 2 samples 3 yrs ago. Dr. Griffith has obtained all of my testing and imagining as qell as those samples, he has requested an additional sample and I am to return for my sono and blood work at the beginning of my next cycle. From there we will discuss the steps my husband and I are most comfortable with.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I love that they use the eIVF site to upload your DL, Insurance, and history. You're able to see all of your results, real time online. They have someone available to answer questions all day. It doesn't feel like other offices that put you on hold for a life time or are quick to pass you off. You never feel like a burden.
Our testing and diagnostic treatments are covered by insurance. However noncovered other costs would not exceed about 600. I believe IUI was just over $1000 for a round. However, IVF is much more expensive but we were told that if the first transfer doesn't take, the will not charge for the next transfer.
I believe the Dr will only transfer one embryo at a time. While I respect that this is for the safety and success of the embryo, and I know if unsuccessful the next transfer is not at cost, I have a difficult time qith
Woodlands Office

Personally we want our doctor [Jason Griffith] to transfer 2 but he said 100% that was out of the question for me even if I signed the waiver. ... He was kind, genuine and informative. He made not only me but my husband feel at ease. And let's face it, talking a out IVF and infertility on both sides is awkward and uncomfortable. He helped us to understand what we were looking at and gave us a lot to read and think about as we moved forward.
There was a lot of phone tag back and forth with scheduling my Hysteroscopy. But, part of that again is due to my heart muscle damage. The surgery center my clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] usually uses didn't feel comfortable doing the procedure since it wasn't a full hospital setting. Just on the off ch as nce something went wrong.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Please see previous typed reply. I will add to that, that my husband and I participated in the Walk of Hope in the Woodlands on April 28th this year. We had met Dr. Griffith earlier that month and to our surprise he recognized my husband and I and remember both of our names after just one meeting, that spoke volumes about him to us!!!!! It made us feel like we were human beings and not numbers on a spreadsheet!!
To be flexible in your expectations, science can only manipulate your body so much and so many things have to align properly for the best outcome. It's not on your schedule or timeline, it is on the doctors, meds, and whatever your body sees fit....
We fidt saw Dr. Griffith on April 10th of this year and I was very emotionally charged. The due date we were given before our last miscarriage was April 7th so I was feeling that loss even more so with our first appointment. He was kind, genuine and informative. He made not only me but my husband feel at ease. And let's face it, talking a out IVF and infertility on both sides is awkward and uncomfortable. He helped us to understand what we were looking at and gave us a lot to read and think about as we moved forward.
Still in the process and don't have everything yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Whitney )
She helped me to feel comfortable by just explaining everything to me and she has real empathy towards us patients
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
There was a lot of phone tag back and forth with scheduling my Hysteroscopy. But, part of that again is due to my heart muscle damage. The surgery center my clinic usually uses didn't feel comfortable doing the procedure since it wasn't a full hospital setting. Just on the off ch as nce something went wrong.
Still 8n process but total with medication it is $25,000
Personally we want our doctor to transfer 2 but he said 100% that was out of the question for me even if I signed the waiver. I have heart muscle damage from chemotherapy (chemotherapy that also plays a big part in whybmy ovaries are damaged) He doesn't feel it would be safe for me and he doesn't want to risk it. He said the goal is a healthy baby and Momma, and my husband and I reluctantly agreed. And I di agree with his logic on the issue, 1 pregnancy will be enough strain on my body. He also said it is possible for 1 embryo to split and become twins..... So risking putting I. 2 that could split and become 4 was too much for him.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Daniel Williams] was very open about results and expectations. He didn’t perform the retrievals nor prelim HSG but performed implantation. He is very pleasant and suggested egg donor from the beginning based on my age and MFI. Definitely was realistic. If I had good results I would recommend him 9/10. In order to see him during my ultrasounds I had to schedule specific days at specific clinics otherwise would have gotten stuck with random nurses...Didn’t respond to injections in stomach so shots switched to arm. 16 days of shots with retrieval in CD18. Medical insurance covered nothing. Very stressful. 600mg CoQ10, 100mg DHEA and prenatal vitamins for 6 wks. Acupuncture for 4 wks. 1st Cycle fertilized 4 of 5 eggs. 2nd cycle fertilized 2 of 11 eggs. Not sure why quality diminished so extensively.
same doctor at multiple location [of Houston Fertility Institute] means you can’t be seen by the doctor during appointments unless you are sure he or she is in that center on your appointment day. Just check and verify. Ask which days transfers are done by your doctor so you don’t get someone else. ask for a dedicated nurse...Too many nurses every time I visited. Wish I had a dedicated nurse...Love Sugarland office as the wait was non-existent for blood work and appointments...Some [nurses] were nicer than others. Equally seemed knowledgeable but wish I was assigned a dedicated nurse.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was very open about results and expectations. He didn’t perform the retrievals nor prelim HSG but performed implantation. He is very pleasant and suggested egg donor from the beginning based on my age and MFI. Definitely was realistic. If I had good results I would recommend him 9/10. In order to see him during my ultrasounds I had to schedule specific days at specific clinics otherwise would have gotten stuck with random nurses.
Ask for him to perform majority of your ultrasounds. Ask for dedicated nurse. Ask lots of questions. Love Sugarland office as the wait was non-existent for blood work and appointments.
Too many nurses every time I visited. Wish I had a dedicated nurse.
I had maximum dosage of GonalF 300iu, Menopur 300ml, cetrotide and birth control for 2wks. Didn’t respond to injections in stomach so shots switched to arm. 16 days of shots with retrieval in CD18. Medical insurance covered nothing. Very stressful. 600mg CoQ10, 100mg DHEA and prenatal vitamins for 6 wks. Acupuncture for 4 wks. 1st Cycle fertilized 4 of 5 eggs. 2nd cycle fertilized 2 of 11 eggs. Not sure why quality diminished so extensively.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Some were nicer than others. Equally seemed knowledgeable but wish I was assigned a dedicated nurse.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
same doctor at multiple location means you can’t be seen by the doctor during appointments unless you are sure he or she is in that center on your appointment day. Just check and verify. Ask which days transfers are done by your doctor so you don’t get someone else. ask for a dedicated nurse.
Although I paid 100% out of pocket for everything including medication the first round was expensive $15k + meds but subsequent rounds I only paid $1050 admin fee + surgery fee + meds which helped make it affordable.
Only 1 7 cell embryo on fresh day 3 transfer. No other choice.
Sugar Land Office

he [Dr. Jason Yeh] did not catch a pretty big error that his partner documented on a medical procedure and then took longer than expected to call me to explain...He explained all the statistics for each procedure and answered every question I had. Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule
Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing [at Houston Fertility Institute]. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule a consult with another fertility clinic due to costs of IVF and picked up a copy of my report to fax. That’s when I realized That dr. Bello had documented that I had two normal appearing tubes with normal fill and spill. I called dr. Yehs office immediately and expected a phone call the same day (it was a Friday) and didn’t receive a call until Monday at 5:30pm. I have zero trust in my report and in my doctors and now I have To repeat the entire test again. It was a horrible experience and I will Never go back.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was very compassionate about my recent ruptured ectopic pregnancy and made my husband and I feel Like we would be taken care of very well. We felt safe after having issues with trust from doctors. He explained all the statistics for each procedure and answered every question I had. Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule a consult with another fertility clinic due to costs of IVF and picked up a copy of my report to fax. That’s when I realized That dr. Bello had documented that I had two normal appearing tubes with normal fill and spill. I called dr. Yehs office immediately and expected a phone call the same day (it was a Friday) and didn’t receive a call until Monday at 5:30pm. I have zero trust in my report and in my doctors and now I have To repeat the entire test again. It was a horrible experience and I will Never go back.
Make sure to get copies of all of your reports to verify accuracy.
Because he did not catch a pretty big error that his partner documented on a medical procedure and then took longer than expected to call me to explain.
He had recommended a estrogen antagonist (I believe) priming instead of a birth control pill start. I was Told that bcp can cause sleepy ovaries and in diminished ovarian reserve it’s not the best, which is why they use an estrogen priming. That’s all we really discussed because I didn't Continue treatment with his office and am going elsewhere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Veronica )
She was very timely and answered me back every time I messaged Or called. She never took long to send my results or respond to my questions either, which was nice.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They have a great portal system, which is nice when sending messages and receiving important paperwork/documents. The appointments are easy to schedule and aren’t far out. They do not have sonographers to do ultrasounds, so it’s either the MA or RN which I find odd. I dont Feel comfortable having someone do an ultrasound on me that doesn’t have the necessary training. As a patient, you are paying a lot of money and I think A trained professional should be doing the scans. I also Had an MA as my “nurse” and it was apparent when I had Questions that she could not answer. They also don’t assign nurses, so you never really know who you are supposed to send messages to.
IVF would have cost $13,600 but that’s all I can Remember. I had met my out of pocket max already, so I had Zero copays or out of pocket costs for the initial consult or diagnostic testing, but have zero fertility coverage so that would have been out of pocket.
None since I did Not continue treatment with him.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I had a hysteroscopy with tubal catheterization done and the report originally stated that both of my tubes were normal in appearance and that both of them were functioning correctly (normal fill and spill). I had Just had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and had emergency surgery with a left salpingectomy, which was verified with a pathology report. I do Not have a left tube, yet it was documented that I did. They also had the wrong diagnosis on my report. Because of this, I have To have a repeat HSG on Monday. You need to have trust in your doctors and after this error there is no way I could Trust them again.
Houston Office

Dr. Skorupski always took the time to answer ALLLLL of my questions- I would write out a list for each appointment. In addition, he always explained things in non-medical terms, so that we would know exactly what was going on. I also appreciate that during our first appointment he took the time to listen to our concerns, and he could see that I was visibly stressed...this man that I had met once seemed to care and have more compassion, than my OB that I had been going to for years!
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] was organized, I was able to get appointments quickly, and everyone that worked there is nice. The lady that draws blood is AMAZING! I have small rolling veins, and she's always able to get blood on the first try and she is gentle...Leah [nurse] is AMAZING! She took the time to answer all of my questions whenever I would call about results. She was also very gentle whenever she was relaying results that were not good.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Pros: -He is extremely patient and knowledgeable. I researched conditions, and treatment EXTENSIVELY before each visit, and came prepared with questions of whatever I did not understand. -He took the time to explain medical terminology, as well as the results of all of our blood work, and the next steps of treatment. - He is very transparent. Cons: -Thus far, I have not had any negative experiences.
Write down all of your concerns, and questions before visits. He will take the time to address and answer them.
Dr. Skorupski always took the time to answer ALLLLL of my questions- I would write out a list for each appointment. In addition, he always explained things in non-medical terms, so that we would know exactly what was going on. I also appreciate that during our first appointment he took the time to listen to our concerns, and he could see that I was visibly stressed. He stopped the conversation and said, " It is my job to stress for you. Let me do the stressing, and you worry about being a mommy". It was truly a breath of fresh air, that this man that I had met once seemed to care and have more compassion, than my OB that I had been going to for years! (We started with our OB, and wasted a year before moving on to a specialist)
We have just completed the diagnostic phase. After all of the testing and procedures, we met with Dr. Skorupski and he explained the IVF was our best option for getting pregnant. Below is an explanation of the testing that my husband and I have completed. 1. Medicated cycle - He gave me Provera to induce ovulation. He wanted to check my hormone pre, during, and post ovulation. 2.Genetic screening- to determine if I suffer from or am a carrier for any diseases. 3. Semen Analysis (2) -To access the count, motility, and morphology of the sperm and also determine if male factor is present. 4. Hysteroscopy- To see if there is tubal blockage, or polyps on the tubes. A biopsy was also performed. 5. Hormonal blood test as a result of semen analysis- to determine if there were any hormonal issues leading to abnormal semen analysis. 6. Consult with Skorupski to go over results of hysterospcopy and lab work. Fertility treatment suggestion of IVF was made at this appointment. 7.Meeting with genetic specialist.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Leah)
Leah is AMAZING! She took the time to answer all of my questions whenever I would call about results. She was also very gentle whenever she was relaying results that were not good.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic was organized, I was able to get appointments quickly, and everyone that worked there is nice. The lady that draws blood is AMAZING! I have small rolling veins, and she's always able to get blood on the first try and she is gentle.
We have started the IVF process yet. We will be starting late October/early November. I was quoted $14000-$18000 ( if we decide to do PGS testing) But for visits and the hysteroscopy, we have spent roughly about $2700.
I have not discussed this with him yet.
Willowbrook Office

prior to my consult he [Dr. Yeh] took time and truly looked in all my medical information I filled previous to the meeting. He explained my endometriosis and also realized PCOS in my history in which I was never informed about. He was honest and explained my percentage with several treatments and didn’t waste my time or money before we went straight into IVF...He listens, he communicates, he gets to know who you are and not another number. You will never feel like you are a bother....
The clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] is one of the most organized and cleanest I have ever been in. Great location, no long wait times, flexible with your day to day work life...they go out of their way to calm you and explain what they are doing or seeing during exams or ultrasounds. Any questions or problems are quickly addressed in fast timely manner...I would always try to schedule as early as I could due to work schedule. Some days that time wasn’t possible. A quick phone call and other times or even other offices were offered for me to go to if is was closer to my work area for that day. They are very understandable and willing to work with you.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
All doctors prior never gave me hope or options to conceive my own child. At 34, my fears were coming true that I would never become a mother. Until I moved to Houston summer of 2018, I search and researched any hopeful options to give one last chance to conceive. September 2018 I had set up consult with Dr. Yeh and fully expected for him to be like many other previous doctors in giving me no answers or explanation to better my chances or even give me chances. I could tell prior to my consult he took time and truly looked in all my medical information I filled previous to the meeting. He explained my endometriosis and also realized PCOS in my history in which I was never informed about. He was honest and explained my percentage with several treatments and didn’t waste my time or money before we went straight into IVF. He always explained any surgeries or medication along with possible side effects or reasoning for each set. Even though I haven’t been successful yet after three transfers, I would never choose to reconsider any other doctor. At the beginning he didn’t make 100% promise this will work but he did promise he would do anything and everything he could to help me become the only thing I always longed for. So for him to even give me the chance to become a mother is more then any other doctor has given me. I would rather know I tried and gave all I could then just give up because conceiving isn’t as easy as I hoped to be. Dr Yeh gave me that chance, he didn’t just look at my medical history and consider me as a name on a paper with a medical history that was pointless to work with. He continues to fight for me and so I will continue to fight for my dream as well.
This entire process is filled with highs and lows. Confusion and fears. Don’t be afraid to speak up and understand the process. The unknown can be scary but you have a doctor that takes time out to help you understand every you ask or need to be informed about. He listens, he communicates, he gets to know who you are and not another number. You will never feel like you are a bother. He wants success in his patients just as much as he patients want it.
He took time out for any questions or concerns I had during the entire process. He would personally call with results that seem confusing and honestly tell the truth about the outcome good/bad.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I was so nervous the first few times in the beginning. But they go out of their way to calm you and explain what they are doing or seeing during exams or ultrasounds. Any questions or problems are quickly addressed in fast timely manner. They don’t just treat their job as 9-5 and go home. They cheer for your success in this whole process and sadly I had three unsuccessful FETS and they show compassion and words to keep going and not give up. A year ago I was stranger to anyone in the office, now I walk in asking about their kids and weekend. You create a bond and trust they you never knew you needed or would receive. The entire staff is amazing, I truly believe I would have given up if it wasn’t for many of them.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is one of the most organized and cleanest I have ever been in. Great location, no long wait times, flexible with your day to day work life. But as a new patient my first step into the office I was scared and nervous but I left that day feeling like I wasn’t alone and I had entire staff willing to help me in any way they could.
To start it was around 14000, plus about another 5000 for the meds. Then slowly other fees came up, like the testing we decide to do, and had to decide before we even knew the number of embryos being tested so ended up testing 18 which added up quickly. Each transfer is around 3900 and meds another 1000-1500. I never expected to be into it over 30000 but it just all adds up especially when transfers fail and you keep having to do another. I wish I would have chosen a different payment package in the beginning but I never expected it to not work after all this.
I believe going into the process, I wanted to transfer two.....then 9 months later with twins. But he outline the risk and also the fact my embryos were tested. The goal is a healthy baby, and I went in thinking it would all line up prefect and successful first FET. Well I was very wrong. I not only realized and understood the risk with transferring two but also the dream and expectations are far from what the result could end up being. I’m glad one was only transfer the last three FETS, but also glad to be given the option to choose two for my 4th and last transfer in hopes to become a mother. Sadly, I don’t know if starting all over to the beginning would be an option since my insurance covers NOTHING for ivf treatment. After all the cost of meds and back to back transfers that come with a huge toll on things. So I am glad to be able to give it all on my last chance