Gus Haddad

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380
281-681-0480

Treated 2019 - 2020
I felt that I had to come up with the ideas and adjustments that ultimately led to my success. She [Dr. Kemi Nurudeen] is overall very approachable, friendly, and accommodating. I really appreciated her bedside manner...was at all times, professional and kind...I didn’t feel that she was particularly innovative or following our case closely enough to make small adjustments etc. I felt that any changes that occurred were based on my own ideas (to which she agreed)...She was attentive and listened to our concerns.
Test results were almost always published appropriately [by the staff at Houston Fertility Institute]. There were a few rare occassions when they weren’t posted. I was given major attitude the few times I called to ask about them...Seems like a factory...The very first thing they say after hello, is the sum of your bill. No real explanation of the bill. Just the sum total. If you have q’s the financial counselor will come up to the front desk and openly state whAt you owe...I was not impressed by the medical assistants at HFI overall. I think they are good at ultrasounds but their bedside manner is severely lacking.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
She was kind, empathetic, professional. She seemed young in her practice. Didn’t seem as evidence based- when discussing novel therapies would state that “the clinic had success with x,y,z” but wasn’t able to elaborate on the supporting evidence or mechanism of action. Sometimes she would get confused on my medical details or the things we discussed. I’m Sure it’s hard to juggle so many patients but this reminded me why people regard hfi as a factory rather than a personal experience. I did end up having success here and I am forever grateful for that but I felt that I had to come up with the ideas and adjustments that ultimately led to my success. She is overall very approachable, friendly, and accommodating. I really appreciated her bedside manner
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Come with a lot of open ended questions and let her response (rather than you filling in what your specific ideas are).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Nurudeen was at all times, professional and kind. She was attentive and listened to our concerns. I didn’t feel that she was particularly innovative or following our case closely enough to make small adjustments etc. I felt that any changes that occurred were based on my own ideas (to which she agreed).
Describe the protocols Kemi Nurudeen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with estrogen priming. Followed by second antagonist protocol going above max dose meds (above gonal/ menopur 300)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I was not impressed by the medical assistants at HFI overall. I think they are good at ultrasounds but their bedside manner is severely lacking. I felt like I was bothering them any time I spoke to them in person. I think they only like to be asked q’s over email or the phone. I found them to be very cold (especially compared to my old clinic). On more than one occasion, I was made to feel badly about the scheduling of my appts. I have a tough work schedule and dr nurudeen was made aware of this at our initial consult. She assured me that it wasn’t a problem. The MAs however, felt differently and routinely pointed that out to me. It was clear that though dr nurudeen had said things were fine with my schedule, the MAs were free to make comments to me. I was taken aback on my very first lab visit where one of the MAs pointed at me and said that everyone was stuck there working late because of me. I don’t think the doctors have any control or say really, in how the MAs treat or speak to their patients. From Then on, I knew that this would strictly be a “working relationship” and that these were not staff who I could consider friends or “teammates”
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Seems like a factory The very first thing they say after hello, is the sum of your bill. No real explanation of the bill. Just the sum total. If you have q’s the financial counselor will come up to the front desk and openly state whAt you owe. definitely do privacy The two biggest complaints abo it hfi are the money haggling and impersonal quality. I found both to be true
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute.
Don’t know. Didn’t like how money seemed to be the #1 thing though
Describe Kemi Nurudeen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
We did fresh 3day transfer so 2 embryos Made more sense
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
1. Test results were almost always published appropriately. There were a few rare occassions when they weren’t posted. I was given major attitude the few times I called to ask about them

Treated 2019 - 2020
Due to diminished ovarian reserve, age and a low AMH Dr. Griffith put us on a very intensive hormone protocol. I was unresponsive the first time around so he adjusted the protocol completely for the second time which was more successful. He also had us on several supplements. Currently, we are waiting and hoping to start the third round after taking a few months off to add in some holistic approaches.
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] provided excellent explanations of steps, the process, medications, and were available to answer my call whenever I needed something. From the moment you walk into the office, the staff is smiley and take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He has a strong knowledge and wide experience base. There were a few times where I felt things could be communicated more clearly and that all options explained. However, he was willing to spend the time with us that we needed to ask any and all questions we had to ease any uncertainty or anxiety, and for this, I am truly grateful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask any and all questions you may have. Do not hesitate to also inquire about supplements, holistic methods and current research with him. He is always willing to chat about all options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
The entire office team is amazing! We had many consult appointments with Dr. Griffith as well to determine course of action along the way. Every interaction was excellent from the whole team. They all take an interest in you and focus not just on the medical side of things but also you as a person and a couple.
Describe the protocols Jason Griffith used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff is AMAZING! They provided excellent explanations of steps, the process, medications, and were available to answer my call whenever I needed something. From the moment you walk into the office, the staff is smiley and take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient. Even when the news was sad, they took the time to make sure you understood the information and that you were ok. I actually enjoyed going for my appointments, which were often!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic is a welcoming place. They are flexible with schedules and work with you. I work in the school system so they were wonderful scheduling my appointments around my crazy schedule. One thing to note is that blood work is done in the morning but results are received that same day which is really nice!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute.
over $20,000 for 1 cycle
Treated 2019 - 2020
NO matter how dumb your questions sound, don't worry...DR.Yeh has patience for us and will not let you leave unless all your questions are answered...Since day 1 it was clear my cycles were irregular, we went straight to ultrasounds. He said it was recommended to have a hysteroscopy done before we tried any kind of treatment...I felt like he has been the only Dr. who was able to find my problem. He was the 1st fertility Dr. i saw but since i was little ihad signs of PCOS and my Drs never seemed to figure it out. HE was amazing!!!! I have recomended him to a few friends.
They [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] were very patient and answered all my questions. They have a patient portal to where we as patients can message them directly with questions. if they had the time to give me a call they would...IUI cost between 1200-4000 IVF cost 14000-30000. That was not including the medication needed...everyone has a smile at all times. They offer water and even crackers if yo go on an empty stomach.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
NO matter how dumb your questions sound, don't worry DR. Yeh has patience for us and will not let you leave unless all your questions are answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Yeh listened to me no matter how dumb or simple my questions would be. He knew what to say
Describe the protocols Jason Yeh used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Since day 1 it was clear my cycles were irregular, we went straight to ultrasounds. He said it was recommended to have a hysteroscopy done before we tried any kind of treatment. While waiting for my hysteroscopy appointment we did blood and urine tests and found out i had PCOS, which made it hard for me to ovulate, after that my husband and i wanted IUI treatment but unfortunately when dong the hysteroscopy we found out my tubes were blocked, leaving us with only IVF as our only option. Due to the pandemic i haven't worked for a few months and in order to gather such an amount of money for IVF makes me feel sad. Already knowing i need such a treatment to conceive makes me feel less of a woman!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira Casttleberry)
They were very patient and answered all my questions. They have a patient portal to where we as patients can message them directly with questions. if they had the time to give me a call they would
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I honestly felt that they were great as they are now. I don't think they need to change anything. From walking in, to being called back, to the DR the staff everyone has a smile at all times. They offer water and even crackers if yo go on an empty stomach.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Jason Yeh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
He mentioned i was high on egg production. He said while taking the eggs out they would try to take as many as they can at once in case it did't work the 1st time.
Treated 2020
I had extensive blood work done [with Dr. Jason Griffith] and all has come back normal except my vitamin d levels. I was called by his office and given specifics on where to get the supplement and how much to take for how long. I am going to be doing a hysteroscopy soon...bedside manner is amazing. He is real with you, but also gentle and provides hope towards whatever the route will be to our bringing a baby home.
The nurses I have dealt with [at Houston Fertility Institute] have all been very informative and very helpful. They are gentle with me as I go through this process...I see nothing weak about this clinic. So far they are on top of everything and careful with my feelings and my testing has been scheduled with ease and it has been a pleasant experience. I think this clinic offers what every woman needs when going through something so stressful.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is great with explaining in detail the process coming next. He takes time to speak with you and not rush you. He listens when you speak and doesn’t interrupt. Overall he is a great doctor who cares and I believe wants the best outcome for his clinic and our family.
Tell him all your concerns and lay it all out when consulting so he can take the best approach
Dr Griffiths bedside manner is amazing. He is real with you, but also gentle and provides hope towards whatever the route will be to our bringing a baby home.
I have had only diagnostic up to this point. I had extensive blood work done and all has come back normal except my vitamin d levels. I was called by his office and given specifics on where to get the supplement and how much to take for how long. I am going to be doing a hysteroscopy soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nurses I have dealt with have all been very informative and very helpful. They are gentle with me as I go through this process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
So far we have spent only our copay. I am waiting on the bill for the lab work as we will have to pay 20% I believe. Our testing for the hysteroscopy will be $1,000. Then if treatment is needed or we want to try an IUI first it will be no covered by our insurance as they only cover diagnostic. We lost a baby at 13 weeks last year and trying for another is hard enough. Then having to pay out of pocket if you need help is so not helpful in this terrible situation.
Treated 2019 - 2020
tried an Agonist protocol at first and got 7 eggs, 2 embryos and one PGS normal [with Dr. Jason Griffith]. Tried antagonist next and got 3 eggs, 1 embryo which is PGS normal...good bedside manner and very friendly. We are long into our journey and prefer blunt brutal honesty and Dr Griffith will give this if requested. I appreciate his openness to try new strategies and talk through articles I've read
tried an Agonist protocol at first and got 7 eggs, 2 embryos and one PGS normal [at Houston Fertility Institute]. Tried antagonist next and got 3 eggs, 1 embryo which is PGS normal...nursing staff really aren't too familiar with your history...just a couple times I was not phoned with results/ updates. These were always sent to my patient portal though...cost of a cycle is 13000 for ivf. This doesn't include meds
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
be clear on what you want when u go in and advocate for yourself
Monitoring the nurses didn't know anything about my history or treatment plan. Dr Griffith was the only one familiar with our case
tried an Agonist protocol at first and got 7 eggs, 2 embryos and one PGS normal. Tried antagonist next and got 3 eggs, 1 embryo which is PGS normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Feenandez)
nursing staff really aren't too familiar with your history
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
clinic is large and its easy to become just another patient but choose your doctor carefully. I like Dr Griffiths approach. I also like access to financial coordinator for explanation and my coordinator for detailed questions
cost of a cycle is 13000 for ivf. This doesn't include meds
Treated 2020
He [Dr. Josh Skorupski] is very compassionate about his work and his manner is very warm and comforting. He gets it and he understands and will do everything in his power to make your baby dreams come true...you have a personal consultation with him one on one. It's a private setting. He is very thorough and even has a box of tissues on the desk in front of you if you need them...Doctor Josh Skorupski is here to help. He went into infertility medicine after watching a close family member suffer the pain of infertility.
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Institute] are very comforting and are absolutely the sweetest I've ever meet. From the first meeting I appreciated their manner and was relieved. The whole staff is there to help and you can just feel the love and support...They have a financial consultant that you can talk to at any time and also a patient portal with all your information...Small, quiet clinic that is cozy with comfortable chairs and couches. Wait time isn't long at all. When you are called back you are greeted with gentle genuine smiles from the staff. You are escorted to Dr. Skorupski's office where you have a personal consultation with him one on one. It's a private setting. He is very thorough and even has a box of tissues on the desk in front of you if you need them.
How was your experience with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Doctor Josh Skorupski is here to help. He went into infertility medicine after watching a close family member suffer the pain of infertility. He truly wants to help all achieve their goals and will do everything in his power to do that. He's a brilliant doctor that works with understanding and passion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
Trust him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is truly here to help others. He went into the infertility business because he watched a close family member experience infertility issues first hand. He wanted to help her and help others and he is. He is a brilliant doctor and will do everything he can to help you. He is very compassionate about his work and his manner is very warm and comforting. He gets it and he understands and will do everything in his power to make your baby dreams come true.
Describe the protocols Josh Skorupski used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We are just in the testing stage at the moment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff in his office are very comforting and are absolutely the sweetest I've ever meet. From the first meeting I appreciated their manner and was relieved. The whole staff is there to help and you can just feel the love and support.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Josh Skorupski at Houston Fertility Institute.

Treated 2017 - 2019
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. ... After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. ... Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her.
The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them ... Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time.
How was your experience with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Hoff is a sweet person and extremely compassionate. After each loss she called me personally and seemed to commiserate with me and really feel my pain. During my "wins" (one chemical and one miscarriage) we celebrated together my positive betas and was always willing to talk to us if we didn't have positive betas. I felt that she was really on my team when it came to my results. As far as the not-so-good, she was not very proactive regarding our treatment. We had to bring a treatment option to her that was not offered to us and was extremely simple (freezing sperm to mix with a fresh sample for an IUI). Only after doing my own research with my own labs did I discover that I likely have PCOS but this was never diagnosed by Dr. Hoff, nor was it ever brought up in any conversation I ever had with her. Dr. Hoff is an extremely positive person so all of our conversations centered around what could go right in the future, and not what was going wrong right now. It was comforting to have her reassurance but I think I really could have used more professional guidance on the actual problems we were having.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Be your own advocate and research your own treatment options. Ask "why" ALWAYS because she won't tell you or give you a vague answer. A lot of times the answer really is vague, but sometimes it's not....but you aren't given any details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
I felt like Dr. Hoff listened to what I had to say and what I wanted out of treatment, but she also wouldn't give us much direction on treatment. A few times we had to bring ideas to her about treatment options instead of her presenting them to us. It was a little frustrating because we didn't go to medical school for this.
Describe the protocols Heather Hoff used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Before cycling I had a hysteroscopy and my husband had a SA to determine where we were. Hoff said my hysteroscopy results came back perfect, but when I looked in my surgery report it said that the biopsy result they took was not positive for inflammation, but contained "pre-inflammation" or something. I was never told this by Hoff as she said everything looked good so I believed her. My husband's SA came back a little less than perfect but she said it was adequate for an IUI even though it had less than 1% morphology. IUI #1-- I used Clomid and regular monitoring. The last monitoring appointment I went to they said I had already ovulated and instructed me NOT to use my Ovidrel trigger but to have sex that evening and then come in for an IUI next day. I did so and during my TWW I used Endometrin vaginally 1x a day. after my TWW I had a positive beta of 16. The next beta it fell to 5, resulting in a chemical pregnancy. IUI #2- Same exact protocol as IUI #1 except I did use my Ovidrel trigger this time. Husband's sample day of IUI was extremely poor. We asked Hoff about this and she said he may have had an infection three months prior. Results were a negative beta. IUI #3- Changed protocols by switching to Letrozole with another Ovidrel trigger. I responded well to the Letrozole. This cycle we brought up the option of freezing samples beforehand and mixing them with fresh samples to get better counts. This resulted in better counts but ended in another negative beta. IUI #4- Protocol was not changed at all and ended in a missed chemical pregnancy (positive HPT but negative beta.) IUI #5- Same as previous protocol. In November of 2018 I became pregnant naturally. I went to see Hoff for my betas and eventual scans. My progesterone was not at the level they wanted so they kept increasing it. Eventually I was on Endometrin 3x daily and oral progesterone 3x daily. No heartbeat ever developed and I had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
I loved the nurses at my branch of HFI (Katy.) They were communicative and really compassionate. I have trouble with vaginal ultrasounds and Vanessa was extremely respectful of this. I felt really comfortable with her doing my scans. The nurses calmed me down a lot when I had problems and were often a better source of quick information than the Internet!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
HFI has lots of locations and there was one ten minutes from my house on the way to my office. The offices are nice, new and comfortable. The staff is nice at certain locations. Betas and other news are communicated in a very timely manner and you can trust them to get things done on time. All procedures are performed at the Piney Point location ONLY, so I had to travel into Houston directly every time I had an IUI. That is pretty annoying. They are one of the more expensive clinics in Houston. A single cycle with meds and PGS will run you about $20,000 - $30,000. The payment options are meager at best. The financial team is the most frustrating part of HFI. They mean well but come off as unhelpful and judgemental if you can't afford to pay outright for IVF or even afford a payment plan through one of their third party providers. It's extremely disheartening to deal with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute.
IUIs were about $1,500 each and meds were another $300-400.
Describe Heather Hoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
No embryo experience with Hoff.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
Had a bit of trouble getting the clinic to send oral prescriptions to my local pharmacy instead of the mail-order one they use for IVF meds.
Katy Office
I only saw him [Dr. Griffith] at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored...He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress...He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience...he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K [at Houston Fertility Institute]...If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear...nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard...The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Griffith. I had gone through my first IVF cycle with another clinic which resulted in 0 normal embryos to transfer and that doctor didn't seem to show any compassion or care in my results. Knowing that we could only afford to pay for one additional cycle, I did extensive research with varying clinics and met with 5 new RE's. Dr. Griffith was the last RE I met with and he immediately put me at ease. I had a long list of questions regarding my failed cycle and had done my own research regarding what may help in a second. He patiently answered all my questions and backed up all my research with data of his own. Once the cycle started, I only saw him at the key moments of my treatment but I never felt ignored. His nurses were there to help relay any questions I had quickly to him to answer. He was always positive and reassuring, even when I had doubts about my progress. He did not perform my egg retrieval but I knew that going into the cycle. I did have some minor complications after the retrieval which required a trip to the ER. I notified the clinic of my symptoms and ER visit and they quickly had me come in to be evaluated by Dr. Griffith even though everything had been resolved. He did perform my transfer and it couldn't have been a smoother procedure. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable and the transfer was a special experience. I couldn't have chosen a better doctor for my IVF journey. My only wish is that I had come to him the first time.
I think being understanding that you are not going to see Dr. Griffith at every appointment. I saw him for my consultation and during my stimulation period to confirm progress prior to retrieval. He did not perform my retrieval but I knew that beforehand so I was comfortable with it. He did perform my transfer and performed my US the day my pregnancy was confirmed in the clinic. He also performed my last US the day I graduated from the clinic. It was apparent to me that Dr. Griffith had a large amount of patients he was treating and that almost made me more comfortable in my decision to use him in that he was in such high demand. Even though I did not see him every appointment, I never had any issues in having my questions answered by him quickly.
Dr. Griffith and the nurses/staff at HFI Willowbrook always made me feel seen and heard. Though I did not see Dr. Griffith every visit, if I had any questions regarding my cycle/treatment, I was able to get quick answers from him. The staff always greeted my by my first name and had me checked in before I even sat down in the waiting room. Everyone was really amazing!
Protocol was important to me and one of the reasons why I chose Dr. Griffith. After speaking with 5 different RE's, Dr. Griffith was one of two that offered a different protocol than the one I had previously used which resulted in a failed cycle. My first cycle was an antagonist protocol using a combination of Gonal-F and Menopur. I had a slow start (only a few follicles showing) so my Gonal dosage was increased on day 4. I ended up with 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature. Of those, only 7 fertilized and I ended up with 4 embryos (3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic). Since I did not have any normal embryos to transfer, the cycle ended. I took these results to Dr. Griffith and he suggested a Menopur only cycle which had been proven to result in more healthier/normal embryos, though it didn't produce as many eggs as with an added FSH injection such as Gonal. So in essence, we were looking for quality over quantity. He provided clinical trials I could reference to back up his recommendation. On the Menopur only cycle, I produced 7 eggs. 7 were mature, 5 fertilized, and resulted in with 3 PGS normal embryos. I elected to transfer one day 5 normal embryo and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with a baby boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna & Leah)
The nurses and coordinators at HFI Willowbrook are amazing! I spoke and met with Jenna/Leah mostly and they both were always very sweet, answered my questions, and were personable and kind with our interactions. They always put me at ease and were supportive throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I think overall the clinic was great! They were always very clear in communications. If did have any questions, they were responsive and I never had to wait very long or follow up for answers to any questions I had. The finance portion was handled seamlessly and was very clear. I would only say it would be nice to have the option of the consent forms for you and your partner to be signed electronically off site. That really is my only suggestion. Everything else was great!
For one full cycle including PGS testing and medications, our costs were around $25K.
Describe Jason Griffith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
This was my choice really. I was against multiple embryo transfer and Dr. Griffith supported my choice and never suggested anything other than an eSET.
Treated 2015 - 2019
The thing both my spouse and I liked about Dr. Witz was that he asked a lot of questions and we really felt he knew us. He was there for every visit and any procedure we needed to do. He explained things and when I didn't quite understand took the time to explain it a bit differently. We always felt that he took the time needed in order to get our questions answered.
One thing I really loved about the clinic [Hou Fert Inst] in general was that they knew our insurance wasn't going to cover IVF however, any other procedures we had to have done they always made sure it was done somewhere our insurance would cover...The only nurse we interacted with was Morgan and she was phenomenal! She was extremely positive throughout the entire process, always made sure to ask if there were any other questions and was very patient.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Always be ready with your questions. Knowing that we had to pay full price (our insurance didn't cover our IVF) we did our research and had a list of questions for every visit which helped it go faster. He also has a good sense of humor; so, if you want someone more serious; he is not however, that was our favorite thing about him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
Both the office and Dr. Witz were very patient with us. They were never pushy on any of the treatment, educated us on the options we had and left it up to us to make the choices. Receiving a positive pregnancy test was extremely exciting and both Dr. Witz and our Nurse Meghan celebrated with us and when we found out we were going to miscarry; they gave us time in the room and even though it's been 2 years; have never rushed us for our 2nd transfer.
Describe the protocols Craig Witz used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
After testing in 2015; we found out we would only be able to conceive via IVF and started on meds right away once we were ready. We started with Follistim 150 units, Dial pen to 150 & Menopur 150 IU, Take 2 vials as directed for 3 days then went back for bloodwork. After every blood draw; they would adjust my medication. After that I took, Follistim 225 units, Dial pen to 225 and Menopur 150 IU, Take 2 vials as directed. Then Cetrotide 0.25 mg was added. We had the egg retrieval and did a fresh transfer soon after that where I was prescribed o Estrace 2 mg, Take one by mouth to dissolve under your tongue THREE times per day; Prometrium 200mg mg/dl, oral 3x/day, Endometrin 100 mg/dl, Pleace two vaginally with applicator twice daily, Progesterone in Sesame Oil 50 mg/ml, give 50mg (1cc) IM each day (check to see if mixture is 100mg/1cc or 50mg/1cc) and was also adjusted as needed depending on my bloodwork. Once they did the BETA test and it was positive meds were adjusted depending on my blookwork as well. On our 6 week visit; was when the baby's heartbeat completely slowed down and BETA levels started to stall which was when we had a conversation with Dr. Witz and said we were going to just stop all of the meds and gave us the option to have a DND or have it happen naturally. I went with naturally which happened 2 weeks later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Bolten)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One thing I really loved about the clinic in general was that they knew our insurance wasn't going to cover IVF however, any other procedures we had to have done they always made sure it was done somewhere our insurance would cover and our doctor was always willing to travel to that clinic to be there. The only thing I didn't like was that we had to pay for the entire IVF upfront vs a payment plan but understand that this may happen at any clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute.
Total: 12, 950 (without meds) Physician Fee: $6, 900 Lab & Facility Fees: $3,000 Anesthesia Fee: $250 IVF Meds: about $2, 500
Describe Craig Witz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
I have none as we were on the same page with transferring 2.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr nurudeen is always positive and really explains what is going on with my body. After meeting with her my husband and I always feel optimistic and reassured. From the very beginning we felt we could trust her and her recommendation for treatment... Lupron 40 ml, gonal F 300, menopur 300. Injections were given in my lower abdomen and found that my follicles were not responding as well as originally thought. Switched injections to the arm and at the next ultrasound they were growing better. Retrieved 6 eggs, 4 fertilized, 3 embryos, 2 arrested, 1 blastocyst.
The clinic has multiple locations that are very convenient. Flexible schedule. Hfi assurance program is the incentive that led me to go with this clinic. Since my first cycle failed I am relieved of some of the fees that I paid for during my first cycle. Overall, I would recommend this clinic to those struggling with infertility.... She was very compassionate, thought outside of the box and always answered my questions to her full understanding. Made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Kemi Nurudeen at Houston Fertility Institute?
Advice I would give to a prospective patient is to come prepared with your questions as she will answer them without making you feel inadequate.
Communication between nursing staff. I had to request prolactin test and results were elevated. Dr prescribed medication. I feel I should not have to think of tests to run it adds to my stress level throughout the process.
I have completed one round of ivf. The first round included the following medications: Lupron 40 ml, gonal F 300, menopur 300. Injections were given in my lower abdomen and found that my follicles were not responding as well as originally thought. Switched injections to the arm and at the next ultrasound they were growing better. Retrieved 6 eggs, 4 fertilized, 3 embryos, 2 arrested, 1 blastocyst. Pgs tested abnormal. I am on my 2nd round, long protocol. Estrogen priming with Estrace and Aygestin and androgel. After priming phase will start certotide, gonal f 300, menopur 300, and omnitrope. I have also been taking a supplement. L Arginine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kristie Shaw )
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
My husband and I both agreed to genetic testing and did not receive the results. When asked the nurse said he didn’t get genetic testing done and then they “found” the results and I asked for mine and they said I did not get tested but since my husbands results were normal I did not require testing.
Cypress Office
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Kim has done a good job explaining treatment plans and answering all my questions...I've never felt uncomfortable in his care. He does split his time between the Katy and Sugarland clinics so I have not seen him at every appointment but this has not been an issue in my case. He was very compassionate when I experienced my chemical pregnancy...My first IUI utilized Clomid...The second IUI utilized Clomid (50 mg over 5 days) and Gonal injections (3 days of 75 iu).
Initially I was seeing Dr. Kim at the Katy clinic [of Houston Fertility Institute] but realized that the Sugarland clinic would be more convenient since it was closer to my work. Switching to a different office was no issue and my data transferred easily between offices. Downside to the clinic being so large is that when you do your insemination, you go to the main surgical center. This means that you are inseminated by a doctor you've never met before. This could be disconcerting for some patients.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kim does a good job explaining procedures and the risks behind them. I've never felt uncomfortable in his care. He does split his time between the Katy and Sugarland clinics so I have not seen him at every appointment but this has not been an issue in my case. He was very compassionate when I experienced my chemical pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Feel free to ask lots of questions. Dr. Kim will answer to the best of his ability and you won't feel rushed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kim used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
My first IUI utilized Clomid (100mg over 5 days). I only had one follicle develop and did not have a successful outcome utilizing donor sperm. Post IUI I took 1 progesterone suppository per day. The second IUI utilized Clomid (50 mg over 5 days) and Gonal injections (3 days of 75 iu). This generated two mature follicles and a 3rd that also had a chance of developing in time for my IUI. I took 1 progesterone suppository per day until I had HCG testing on Day 13 post IUI when progesterone was increased to 2 suppositories per day. I experience a chemical pregnancy on this try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff is very cordial and responsive to questions. They seem organized and also follow up on my blood work with a call to explain the results and also send me a message via my patient portal. I find the two modes of communication helpful.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The nice thing about HFI is that they have a large network of practices around the Houston Area. Initially I was seeing Dr. Kim at the Katy clinic but realized that the Sugarland clinic would be more convenient since it was closer to my work. Switching to a different office was no issue and my data transferred easily between offices. Downside to the clinic being so large is that when you do your insemination, you go to the main surgical center. This means that you are inseminated by a doctor you've never met before. This could be disconcerting for some patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kim at Houston Fertility Institute.
Oral Medication IUI -$1700 Combo Oral Medication + Injectable Medication IUI - $2200 $50 sperm storage fee from HFI $950 donor sperm per vial $285 donor sperm shipping $295 Cost of prescription medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
At the Katy Clinic the nurse failed to order a test required for Donor Sperm. There was ultimately no impact on my timeline with this test being uncompleted but could have delayed me in a cycle.
Sugar Land Office

I really like how nice is Dr. Hoff. I am not sure the treatment always makes a lot of sense.. but maybe it is too early to tell. As a researcher, I tend to read many peer-review articles about fertility so sometimes I have hard time understanding some of the decision Dr. Hoff makes....Last cycle we decided to use drugs to enhance the size of the eggs... my body did totally the opposite but Dr. Hoff still went ahead with IUI (even though my follicles were really small). In this current cycle, we are not using any drugs to get a sense of what my baseline is but we are dealing with a cyst
They have a financial advisor that does not provide the correct information and it is really frustrating when I am told a procedure is 100% covered by my insurance but when I arrive to the clinic I have to pay 2000$ out of pocket... They have a lot of locations, doctors, and nurses so it is very convenient. However, that also means that you are likely not seeing your doctor often. That being said, it varies a lot from one doctor to the other. Overall, I think the institute is doing a great job even though the process is frustrating.
How was your experience with Heather Hoff at Houston Fertility Institute?
Make sure to ask for all the potential negative effects of using a drug or a specific treatment.
She is very warm but I feel like I talk more with the nurses than with my doctor which makes me feel a little bit like I am just a number.
Last cycle we decided to use drugs to enhance the size of the eggs... my body did totally the opposite but Dr. Hoff still went ahead with IUI (even though my follicles were really small). In this current cycle, we are not using any drugs to get a sense of what my baseline is but we are dealing with a cyst likely due to the drug we used in the first cycle... so it is a little frustrating at the moment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Judy Campos)
The nursing staff is wonderful. I really like my fertility clinic thanks to them.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They have a lot of locations, doctors, and nurses so it is very convenient. However, that also means that you are likely not seeing your doctor often. That being said, it varies a lot from one doctor to the other. Overall, I think the institute is doing a great job even though the process is frustrating. I am very happy overall. The only things that bother me is that they are not always straight forward with the reasons of doing one thing or the other.
a Natural IUI cycle is 1400$, a drug-assisted IUI cycle is 1700$. None of these prices include drugs. I also had various procedure done at the clinic (dye and so on) which costs around 2000$.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I have had email telling me to do things that were clearly not part of the plan (for example I am using oral progesterone 200mg and my email was asking me to take 1 100mg vaginal dosage a day). On a different topic. They have a financial advisor that does not provide the correct information and it is really frustrating when I am told a procedure is 100% covered by my insurance but when I arrive to the clinic I have to pay 2000$ out of pocket...
Treated 2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Witz] is open & available- often calling me on off hours & using his cell phone. We had a tough road and he never oversold with lofty expectations. He knows the research & was able to present us with facts and honest medical advice for us to make the most informed decision we could....We did a low dose protocol with omnitrope. I overly respond to stimulation but my eggs are not strong so we went with low dose and omnitrope to attempt to boost the egg strength.
Great clinic [Houston Fertility Institute]- clean, free parking, easy to get to. Busy! If you make an appointment at peak times you might be waiting for awhile- seems like they overbook Patient’s. Top notch phlebotomists! These ladies are amazing!! Know your name, ask how you’re doing, never leave you sore or bruised.... My nurse did not call in a specific injection I needed and I had to catch it as I was going through the list with the pharmacy over the phone.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is open & available- often calling me on off hours & using his cell phone. We had a tough road and he never oversold with lofty expectations. He knows the research & was able to present us with facts and honest medical advice for us to make the most informed decision we could.
Reach out to him directly if you ever need to! He will respond & you’ll get good information.
He knows my son (the he helped us have with our 2nd round of ivf), asks about him, knows our lives (work) and personalities. He can be candid and honest with his feedback taking into account all those factors.
We did a low dose protocol with omnitrope. I overly respond to stimulation but my eggs are not strong so we went with low dose and omnitrope to attempt to boost the egg strength. Dr. Witz has only ever done single embryo transfers with rationale of it being a better environment for the fetus and better for the mom’s overall health.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Marquez)
Our primary nurse was a bit low key with our fertility treatments following having our first through IVF. I’m not sure if it’s because we’ve been there for a long time now but she will sometimes just assume I know things. I have to sometimes call to make sure I’m taking the right dose or that I get the right meds before I need them, etc.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great clinic- clean, free parking, easy to get to. Busy! If you make an appointment at peak times you might be waiting for awhile- seems like they overbook Patient’s. Top notch phlebotomists! These ladies are amazing!! Know your name, ask how you’re doing, never leave you sore or bruised. Can’t say enough!
My first round was all cash pay- all in probably $35-40. Next rounds have been partially covered- all in $15-20
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
My nurse did not call in a specific injection I needed and I had to catch it as I was going through the list with the pharmacy over the phone. I was able to get it called in and in the same delivery as the previous meds but would not have known had I not specifically gone over the med list with the pharmacist.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Jason Yeh] was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe...He explained to me that it is better to just implant a single embryo instead of multiple. He will test the embryos to see which ones are more likely to implant. I trust his approach and know he has my health in mind with this course of treatment.
[Houston Fertility Institite] has multiple locations...They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing...Yadira [nurse] was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr.Yeh was very compassionate when addressing all my concerns. He took as much time as I needed to feel comfortable about my treatment plan. He also called himself throughout the process to check on me to see how I was feeling. I haven’t had a doctor call to check on me before and it made me feel like he cares about his patients. I was impressed with how through the treatment was and I would recommend him to anyone.
Be on time and allow yourself extra time to talk to the doctor. He will give you as much time as you need to address all questions and concerns.
I took Gonal-f and menopur for 10 days. On day 5 I had to add Centritide to prevent ovulation. I responded very well to the medication. I went 3 days a week to get blood work and a follicle ultrasound to make sure everything was growing the was he wanted it to. I triggered with Lupron and Novarel on day 11 and proceeded with me egg retrieval on day 13. He was able to get 32 eggs and we fertilized 22 embryos for a future FET. Unfortunately I ended up with OHSS which he took very serious and checked on me every day and had me come in for testing to make sure it wasn’t severe. I am looking forward to the transfer as soon as the OHSS symptoms go away.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Yadira Casalderrey)
Yadira was absolutely amazing throughout my treatment so far. I had so many questions and she was able to address all of them. I felt a few times I was bothering her with all my concerns and questions and she reassured me that it was her pleasure to help me. She checked on me before and after me retrieval. She helped me while I was dealing with OHSS to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The clinic has multiple locations I live 1.5 hours away from the closest clinic. With having so many locations it made it easy to find the closest one. They also understood how far I had to travel and would help with my appointments so I wouldn’t get stuck in traffic or have to get up incredibly early. They are flexible with which location you would like to go to even if you have to switch locations during your treatment. Your doctor would go to whichever office you were going to be at which was amazing.
My total costs that included all tests, appointments, egg retrieval, freezing embryos and embryo transfer were $11,430. This was after their military discount which it made it even better that they recognize the military.
Houston Office

Dr. Griffith met personally with both my husband and myself. He spoke of the various options available to us and the different factors to consider along our way. He indicated he wanted us to pace ourselves as we fell comfortable and invited us to ask questions. He more thoroughly explained the challenges my husband is facing and we left feeling much more informed than when we came in...We have only consulted with the doctor, however he was very honest about %'s and expectations. He is open minded to our preference to begin with IUI while IVF may be a more effective method he was not at all discouraging.
I love that they [Houston Fertility Institute] use the eIVF site to upload your DL, Insurance, and history. You're able to see all of your results, real time online. They have someone available to answer questions all day. It doesn't feel like other offices that put you on hold for a life time or are quick to pass you off. You never feel like a burden...[nurses are] Warm, welcoming and attentive. We even called back with a ton of questions which they patiently answered.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
If it pops into your head, ask. He qill put all your questions at ease.
We have not started cycles. I previously did clomid and estrogen with my last doctor. My husband has provided 2 samples 3 yrs ago. Dr. Griffith has obtained all of my testing and imagining as qell as those samples, he has requested an additional sample and I am to return for my sono and blood work at the beginning of my next cycle. From there we will discuss the steps my husband and I are most comfortable with.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I love that they use the eIVF site to upload your DL, Insurance, and history. You're able to see all of your results, real time online. They have someone available to answer questions all day. It doesn't feel like other offices that put you on hold for a life time or are quick to pass you off. You never feel like a burden.
Our testing and diagnostic treatments are covered by insurance. However noncovered other costs would not exceed about 600. I believe IUI was just over $1000 for a round. However, IVF is much more expensive but we were told that if the first transfer doesn't take, the will not charge for the next transfer.
I believe the Dr will only transfer one embryo at a time. While I respect that this is for the safety and success of the embryo, and I know if unsuccessful the next transfer is not at cost, I have a difficult time qith
Treated 2018 - 2019
We first started off by using testosterone and priming me for one cycle to see how I ovulate son my own [with Dr. Jason Griffith]. Once we did that we then used menupor, cetrotide, gonal and omnitrope. They got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 5 made to blast. We did not pgs any of them.... I was very blunt as to what I expected and what I had already been through he assured me he would make it all happen! He explained to us what new things we would try and the outcomes we could expect! He was always positive we could get pregnant even with my husbands tese sperm! If I ever had a question about anything he would call and explain it to me! He’s amazing!
The office [HFI-The Woodlands] was clean, organized and usually on time using the holidays it was a little slower. They offer snacks, water and coffee In the waiting room. The lady that draws your blood is really sweet and good at her job!.... He allowed us to transfer 2 the first time since I’m 40 and husband is 47, and they were untested day 6 and 7. This transfer resulted in a chemical. We had 3 day 7 blast left and the office had a formal meeting deciding rather we could transfer all 3 since we decided we would be done after this, and they agreed. One took.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
From the minute we stepped into his office and met him we knew he was he doctor for us! I was very blunt as to what I expected and what I had already been through he assured me he would make it all happen! He explained to us what new things we would try and the outcomes we could expect! He was always positive we could get pregnant even with my husbands tese sperm! If I ever had a question about anything he would call and explain it to me! He’s amazing!
Tell him what you expect and what you want from his treatment, he will listen to you!
Where to begin! He has amazing nurses which make the whole experience incredible! I always felt welcomed never rushed and my questions were always answered timely!
We first started off by using testosterone and priming me for one cycle to see how I ovulate son my own. Once we did that we then used menupor, cetrotide, gonal and omnitrope. They got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 5 made to blast. We did not pgs any of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rachel R )
Amazing!!!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The office was clean, organized and usually on time using the holidays it was a little slower. They offer snacks, water and coffee In the waiting room. The lady that draws your blood is really sweet and good at her job!
Treated 2016 - 2019
Dr. Steward was very kind and compassionate. He took the time to answer all of my questions no matter how over the top they were. He seemed knowledgeable. During monitoring I didn’t see him very often. He didn’t do my retrieval but did my transfers and followed up with me after negative tests. He worked to adjust treatment and listened when we had our second negative outcome but still didn’t have any clear answers to why we were not successful.
Strengths [at HFI]: the staff is very kind, they have great communication and easy access to numbers. The office tried to stay on time for appointments and got me in and out as quickly as possible during monitoring process. Cons: during consults at times I got the feeling like I was taking too long - But I like to research and ask lots of questions and can go on too long. I felt a little rushed to start treatment. Looking back I should have taken more time to think things through, but was eager to get started and they make apartments right then and there when you are ready. Since things are so cycle dependent it’s easy to get swept up in it all and it moves fast. It can be overwhelming. Also, I didn’t see Dr. Steward often, only during consults and transfers, and once or twice during monitoring if he happened to be available. I had two unsuccessful transfers but still don’t know exactly why.
How was your experience with Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and take your time in making decisions. Get other opinions just so you feel educated when you decide to start treatment.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strengths: the staff is very kind, they have great communication and easy access to numbers. The office tried to stay on time for appointments and got me in and out as quickly as possible during monitoring process. Cons: during consults at times I got the feeling like I was taking too long - But I like to research and ask lots of questions and can go on too long. I felt a little rushed to start treatment. Looking back I should have taken more time to think things through, but was eager to get started and they make apartments right then and there when you are ready. Since things are so cycle dependent it’s easy to get swept up in it all and it moves fast. It can be overwhelming. Also, I didn’t see Dr. Steward often, only during consults and transfers, and once or twice during monitoring if he happened to be available. I had two unsuccessful transfers but still don’t know exactly why.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Steward at Houston Fertility Institute.
6900 dr fees 3000 facility fees $250 anesthesia 3000 meds 3700 2nd transfer 4750 pgs testing
Treated 2017 - 2019
he [Dr. Jason Yeh] is willing to take the time to explain and make you feel comfortable...Medicated cycle for egg retrieval, frozen transfer with 1 5-day embryo...He had a conversation with us, explaining the rationale behind transferring one embryo and gave us the option to ask questions. Said we had the ultimate say in the decision but that this was his professional recommendation and we agreed...He was upfront with everything we could expect with the treatment and willing and available to answer questions. He had a great personality, was professional and patient. Seemed invested in our success and us being comfortable with the treatment. We didn't see him at every single appt, but felt comfortable with any of the nurses, staff, other Dr's we interacted with.
Everyone in the office [at HFI] - dr, nurses, staff knew my husband and I when we were there for each appt. Were always willing to work with us on scheduling - convenient hours with working full time, fitting us in last minute for an appt if needed, etc. Dr, nurses and staff seemed invested in the success of our treatment and always made themselves available for questions, concerns, etc...All of the nurses and staff at the Kingwood office were so helpful and kind. They knew my husband and I each time we arrived and were invested in the success of our treatment. I have never been treated so well at a dr office - the nurses and staff made the whole experience great for us.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask questions - he is willing to take the time to explain and make you feel comfortable.
Everyone in the office - dr, nurses, staff knew my husband and I when we were there for each appt. Were always willing to work with us on scheduling - convenient hours with working full time, fitting us in last minute for an appt if needed, etc. Dr, nurses and staff seemed invested in the success of our treatment and always made themselves available for questions, concerns, etc.
Medicated cycle for egg retrieval, frozen transfer with 1 5-day embryo
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: YADIRA CASALDERREY)
She was absolutely amazing and guided us through every step of the process. she made herself available even after hours for any questions or concerns. We love her! All of the nurses and staff at the Kingwood office were so helpful and kind. They knew my husband and I each time we arrived and were invested in the success of our treatment. I have never been treated so well at a dr office - the nurses and staff made the whole experience great for us.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
The overall experience at this clinic and the related surgery center were great. Everyone was helpful and willing to make themselves available to answer any questions. Anytime we did have an issue with an appt, financial question, etc, it was quickly resolved. The staff at the clinic was friendly and helpful and we never waited more than 10 minutes for an appt, even though it was always a very busy office. Cannot say enough good things about the way we were treated by everyone we interacted with.
We paid for everything out of pocket for the treatment , procedures and medication. zero insurance coverage until our prenatal coverage kicked in for the monitoring until i graduated to my regular OB. I dont remember the exact amount but it was between $15-$20k for our treatment cycle.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Knew details of my case, explained what he thought would work for us. ... Very straightforward with plan of action. Explained reasons for what he thought was best treatment. Thoroughly answered any questions we had. Monitored follicles closely and increased dosage when I was initially slow to respond. ... When we met with dr witz after our failed fresh embryo transfer he recommended frozen embryo transfer as our next step.
Very busy but very efficient. They [Houston Fertility Institute] knew I liked to get in first thing to get to work and did their best to accommodate that. Only clinic open on weekends both Saturday and Sunday. Patient portal could use an upgrade. ... Then the financial advisor emailed me saying he recommended another egg retrieval as our next step. That was frustrating to get conflicting information.
How was your experience with Craig Witz at Houston Fertility Institute?
He is very straightforward and doesn’t sugarcoat things but I like that. Tells you what he thinks you need to do as an expert in his field.
Knew details of my case, explained what he thought would work for us.
Was participating in a study so I had to do downregulation per study protocol. Then started with lupron and then menopur started with one vial when I was slow to respond upped to 3 then upped to max of 6 vials nightly. Study only produced two embryos, both transfers failed. Next did self-pay cycle with menopur, gonal f and cetrotide. Got 6 embryos, genetically tested, 2 came back normal, 1 indeterminate.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Quick to respond to emails through patient portal.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Very busy but very efficient. They knew I liked to get in first thing to get to work and did their best to accommodate that. Only clinic open on weekends both Saturday and Sunday. Patient portal could use an upgrade.
We got into a study so paid $3,500 for our first fresh IVF cycle. Then paidaround $5,000 for frozen embryo transfer. Our self-pay cycle with meds and PGS testing we spent around $25,000.
He explained risks of multiples and we agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
When we met with dr witz after our failed fresh embryo transfer he recommended frozen embryo transfer as our next step. Then the financial advisor emailed me saying he recommended another egg retrieval as our next step. That was frustrating to get conflicting information.
Houston Office
Personally we want our doctor [Jason Griffith] to transfer 2 but he said 100% that was out of the question for me even if I signed the waiver. ... He was kind, genuine and informative. He made not only me but my husband feel at ease. And let's face it, talking a out IVF and infertility on both sides is awkward and uncomfortable. He helped us to understand what we were looking at and gave us a lot to read and think about as we moved forward.
There was a lot of phone tag back and forth with scheduling my Hysteroscopy. But, part of that again is due to my heart muscle damage. The surgery center my clinic [Houston Fertility Institute] usually uses didn't feel comfortable doing the procedure since it wasn't a full hospital setting. Just on the off ch as nce something went wrong.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Please see previous typed reply. I will add to that, that my husband and I participated in the Walk of Hope in the Woodlands on April 28th this year. We had met Dr. Griffith earlier that month and to our surprise he recognized my husband and I and remember both of our names after just one meeting, that spoke volumes about him to us!!!!! It made us feel like we were human beings and not numbers on a spreadsheet!!
To be flexible in your expectations, science can only manipulate your body so much and so many things have to align properly for the best outcome. It's not on your schedule or timeline, it is on the doctors, meds, and whatever your body sees fit....
We fidt saw Dr. Griffith on April 10th of this year and I was very emotionally charged. The due date we were given before our last miscarriage was April 7th so I was feeling that loss even more so with our first appointment. He was kind, genuine and informative. He made not only me but my husband feel at ease. And let's face it, talking a out IVF and infertility on both sides is awkward and uncomfortable. He helped us to understand what we were looking at and gave us a lot to read and think about as we moved forward.
Still in the process and don't have everything yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Whitney )
She helped me to feel comfortable by just explaining everything to me and she has real empathy towards us patients
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
There was a lot of phone tag back and forth with scheduling my Hysteroscopy. But, part of that again is due to my heart muscle damage. The surgery center my clinic usually uses didn't feel comfortable doing the procedure since it wasn't a full hospital setting. Just on the off ch as nce something went wrong.
Still 8n process but total with medication it is $25,000
Personally we want our doctor to transfer 2 but he said 100% that was out of the question for me even if I signed the waiver. I have heart muscle damage from chemotherapy (chemotherapy that also plays a big part in whybmy ovaries are damaged) He doesn't feel it would be safe for me and he doesn't want to risk it. He said the goal is a healthy baby and Momma, and my husband and I reluctantly agreed. And I di agree with his logic on the issue, 1 pregnancy will be enough strain on my body. He also said it is possible for 1 embryo to split and become twins..... So risking putting I. 2 that could split and become 4 was too much for him.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Daniel Williams] was very open about results and expectations. He didn’t perform the retrievals nor prelim HSG but performed implantation. He is very pleasant and suggested egg donor from the beginning based on my age and MFI. Definitely was realistic. If I had good results I would recommend him 9/10. In order to see him during my ultrasounds I had to schedule specific days at specific clinics otherwise would have gotten stuck with random nurses...Didn’t respond to injections in stomach so shots switched to arm. 16 days of shots with retrieval in CD18. Medical insurance covered nothing. Very stressful. 600mg CoQ10, 100mg DHEA and prenatal vitamins for 6 wks. Acupuncture for 4 wks. 1st Cycle fertilized 4 of 5 eggs. 2nd cycle fertilized 2 of 11 eggs. Not sure why quality diminished so extensively.
same doctor at multiple location [of Houston Fertility Institute] means you can’t be seen by the doctor during appointments unless you are sure he or she is in that center on your appointment day. Just check and verify. Ask which days transfers are done by your doctor so you don’t get someone else. ask for a dedicated nurse...Too many nurses every time I visited. Wish I had a dedicated nurse...Love Sugarland office as the wait was non-existent for blood work and appointments...Some [nurses] were nicer than others. Equally seemed knowledgeable but wish I was assigned a dedicated nurse.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was very open about results and expectations. He didn’t perform the retrievals nor prelim HSG but performed implantation. He is very pleasant and suggested egg donor from the beginning based on my age and MFI. Definitely was realistic. If I had good results I would recommend him 9/10. In order to see him during my ultrasounds I had to schedule specific days at specific clinics otherwise would have gotten stuck with random nurses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask for him to perform majority of your ultrasounds. Ask for dedicated nurse. Ask lots of questions. Love Sugarland office as the wait was non-existent for blood work and appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Too many nurses every time I visited. Wish I had a dedicated nurse.
Describe the protocols Daniel Williams used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I had maximum dosage of GonalF 300iu, Menopur 300ml, cetrotide and birth control for 2wks. Didn’t respond to injections in stomach so shots switched to arm. 16 days of shots with retrieval in CD18. Medical insurance covered nothing. Very stressful. 600mg CoQ10, 100mg DHEA and prenatal vitamins for 6 wks. Acupuncture for 4 wks. 1st Cycle fertilized 4 of 5 eggs. 2nd cycle fertilized 2 of 11 eggs. Not sure why quality diminished so extensively.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Institute.
Some were nicer than others. Equally seemed knowledgeable but wish I was assigned a dedicated nurse.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
same doctor at multiple location means you can’t be seen by the doctor during appointments unless you are sure he or she is in that center on your appointment day. Just check and verify. Ask which days transfers are done by your doctor so you don’t get someone else. ask for a dedicated nurse.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute.
Although I paid 100% out of pocket for everything including medication the first round was expensive $15k + meds but subsequent rounds I only paid $1050 admin fee + surgery fee + meds which helped make it affordable.
Describe Daniel Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Only 1 7 cell embryo on fresh day 3 transfer. No other choice.
Sugar Land Office
he [Dr. Jason Yeh] did not catch a pretty big error that his partner documented on a medical procedure and then took longer than expected to call me to explain...He explained all the statistics for each procedure and answered every question I had. Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule
Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing [at Houston Fertility Institute]. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule a consult with another fertility clinic due to costs of IVF and picked up a copy of my report to fax. That’s when I realized That dr. Bello had documented that I had two normal appearing tubes with normal fill and spill. I called dr. Yehs office immediately and expected a phone call the same day (it was a Friday) and didn’t receive a call until Monday at 5:30pm. I have zero trust in my report and in my doctors and now I have To repeat the entire test again. It was a horrible experience and I will Never go back.
How was your experience with Jason Yeh at Houston Fertility Institute?
He was very compassionate about my recent ruptured ectopic pregnancy and made my husband and I feel Like we would be taken care of very well. We felt safe after having issues with trust from doctors. He explained all the statistics for each procedure and answered every question I had. Unfortunately, they don’t perform their own tests due to scheduling/timing, so another physician has to do some diagnostic testing. I had To have a hysteroscopy and tubal catheterization (like an hsg) with dr. Sandra bello and when I had My follow up with dr. Yeh, I was Told that my uterus and tubes looked normal. I thought Maybe he had a slip of the tongue (since I had Just had a left salpingectomy 2 weeks prior to seeing him for the first time) and didn’t think anything of it. I decided To schedule a consult with another fertility clinic due to costs of IVF and picked up a copy of my report to fax. That’s when I realized That dr. Bello had documented that I had two normal appearing tubes with normal fill and spill. I called dr. Yehs office immediately and expected a phone call the same day (it was a Friday) and didn’t receive a call until Monday at 5:30pm. I have zero trust in my report and in my doctors and now I have To repeat the entire test again. It was a horrible experience and I will Never go back.
Make sure to get copies of all of your reports to verify accuracy.
Because he did not catch a pretty big error that his partner documented on a medical procedure and then took longer than expected to call me to explain.
He had recommended a estrogen antagonist (I believe) priming instead of a birth control pill start. I was Told that bcp can cause sleepy ovaries and in diminished ovarian reserve it’s not the best, which is why they use an estrogen priming. That’s all we really discussed because I didn't Continue treatment with his office and am going elsewhere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Veronica )
She was very timely and answered me back every time I messaged Or called. She never took long to send my results or respond to my questions either, which was nice.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
They have a great portal system, which is nice when sending messages and receiving important paperwork/documents. The appointments are easy to schedule and aren’t far out. They do not have sonographers to do ultrasounds, so it’s either the MA or RN which I find odd. I dont Feel comfortable having someone do an ultrasound on me that doesn’t have the necessary training. As a patient, you are paying a lot of money and I think A trained professional should be doing the scans. I also Had an MA as my “nurse” and it was apparent when I had Questions that she could not answer. They also don’t assign nurses, so you never really know who you are supposed to send messages to.
IVF would have cost $13,600 but that’s all I can Remember. I had met my out of pocket max already, so I had Zero copays or out of pocket costs for the initial consult or diagnostic testing, but have zero fertility coverage so that would have been out of pocket.
None since I did Not continue treatment with him.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I had a hysteroscopy with tubal catheterization done and the report originally stated that both of my tubes were normal in appearance and that both of them were functioning correctly (normal fill and spill). I had Just had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and had emergency surgery with a left salpingectomy, which was verified with a pathology report. I do Not have a left tube, yet it was documented that I did. They also had the wrong diagnosis on my report. Because of this, I have To have a repeat HSG on Monday. You need to have trust in your doctors and after this error there is no way I could Trust them again.

Treated 2018 - 2019
When our ivf cycle failed, he [Dr. Daniel Williams] had a very loving conversation with us encouraging us to take some time and then come back and we will go at it again from a new perspective. He makes you feel like you are important and he genuinely cares about you...has an all around professional demeanor. He wants to make sure you truly understand what is going to happen. He doesn’t mind re-explaining things and is very patient. Dr. Williams is also compassionate. I am very emotional and some days the tears would get the best of me and Dr. Williams would always be kind and try to make me feel better about the stresses of going through IVF. When our IUI and IVF pregnancy tests were negative he was very compassionate. It was like the results hurt him too. Makes you feel like you are his only patient and that says a lot to me. Especially when you’re going through something as emotional as IVF. I would and have suggested Dr. Williams to several of my friends. He’s great!!
Amber and Kat [nurses at Houston Fertility Institute] were absolutely amazing. They were both compassionate, organized, knowledgeable and had great communication skills...The Piney Point office is the one we go to with Dr. Williams. We prefer it over the Sugar Land office, due to the office staff being much more friendly and down to earth. Their biggest strength at HFI, is communication and compassion. They make sure you fully understand what you’re going through and what will happen. They leave no stone unturned. They also make you feel comfortable and cared for during this time. They help you during the times that are a struggle and they will even check on you to make sure you’re doing well.
How was your experience with Daniel Williams at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Williams has an all around professional demeanor. He wants to make sure you truly understand what is going to happen. He doesn’t mind re-explaining things and is very patient. Dr. Williams is also compassionate. I am very emotional and some days the tears would get the best of me and Dr. Williams would always be kind and try to make me feel better about the stresses of going through IVF. When our IUI and IVF pregnancy tests were negative he was very compassionate. It was like the results hurt him too. Makes you feel like you are his only patient and that says a lot to me. Especially when you’re going through something as emotional as IVF. I would and have suggested Dr. Williams to several of my friends. He’s great!!
Take notes and ask every question, even if it feels stupid or if he has already answered it. Be transparent.
Dr. Williams tried to get to know my husband and me. When we went to the appointments he was very thorough and would look us each in the eye. Making sure we understood and that he wasn’t talking to just one of us. When our ivf cycle failed, he had a very loving conversation with us encouraging us to take some time and then come back and we will go at it again from a new perspective. He makes you feel like you are important and he genuinely cares about you.
I can’t remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Amber Mendoza & Kat Vallejos)
Amber and Kat were absolutely amazing. They were both compassionate, organized, knowledgeable and had great communication skills. I honestly cannot day enough about them. They stood out to me and my husband and nurses/ care coordinator who love their job and who care about their patients.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Houston Fertility Institute is wonderful! The Piney Point office is the one we go to with Dr. Williams. We prefer it over the Sugar Land office, due to the office staff being much more friendly and down to earth. Their biggest strength at HFI, is communication and compassion. They make sure you fully understand what you’re going through and what will happen. They leave no stone unturned. They also make you feel comfortable and cared for during this time. They help you during the times that are a struggle and they will even check on you to make sure you’re doing well.
I cannot remember.
Dr. Williams prefers to implant one embryo but will do two if requested.

Treated 2014 - 2019
I feel like dr Griffith is a very good dr, but after 4 IVF and nothing from it, he seems to add more stuff that he recommends we should do and it's more money and we spent so much money, I'm worried we cant go any further...Clomid, iui, IVF frozen transfers, hysteroscopy, ERA SCRATCH, numerous blood work...after so many visits and transfer I felt like a number, because I feel like it's more money each time, we spend so much and we get no break. Other companies will give you a free cycle after no live birth..Its like a lawyer who keeps taken your money and no results are coming out of it, just more money.
[My protocols at Houston Fertility Institute included] Clomid, iui, IVF frozen transfers, hysteroscopy, ERA SCRATCH, numerous blood work...[the nurse was] Very compassionate, available to call any time, literally gave me her number to text for any questions...I was recommended a ERA, was told my insurance covered it, that I only pay 200, come to find out I couldn't get my results because I owed 800! It took us 7 months to pay that to get my results and move further. I asked on my last transfer in Aug 2019 if I should test my eggs, dr Griffith said no..after the transfer failed he called and says he recommends us testing our eggs, my husband was furious. The cost would be 4500, we cant afford it, so now we are stuck wondering what next.
How was your experience with Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Griffith is very good bed side manners, he seems like he truly cares. I feel like dr Griffith is a very good dr, but after 4 IVF and nothing from it, he seems to add more stuff that he recommends we should do and it's more money and we spent so much money, I'm worried we cant go any further. I switched from the Willow brook office because the staff at the Woodlands, one particular girl was very rude. A year later I went back to the Woodlands because it was a street down from my job. It seemed much better since they moved that girl from the front to the back.
Great bed side manners
I felt like a human at 1st, but after so many visits and transfer I felt like a number, because I feel like it's more money each time, we spend so much and we get no break. Other companies will give you a free cycle after no live birth..Its like a lawyer who keeps taken your money and no results are coming out of it, just more money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jenna, kim)
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Better staff over the years, weakness would be financial support especially for the ones that dont have IVF insurance. They should have a better IVF treatment plan that is affordable. Be prepared for numerous visits, it may become stressful but it's all worth it at the end.
15,000 for IVF 3,500 iui 1 time only Clomid, .. wasn't bad, maybe 20 bucks a month ERA scratch 1000 Hysteroscopy 2,500 Each egg transfer 4,500 x 4 times Egg storage was currently 500, but in 2020 went up to 600
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute.
I had requested for a second opinion at another office after my 2019 failed cycle. Houston fertility never transferred my paper work. I did go see the other dr, I pulled up my profile file work from Houston fertility for her to view, she looked over it and spent several hours reviewing it with me..the only alarming thing was she asked if I had PCOS why wasn't I on something to treat it while doing my transfer, she recommended glucaflage. Another incident at Houston fertility was when I requested for all my work they done on me to send in for a grant, the lady sent me a paper that showed my egg retrieval numbers incorrectly and the quality of eggs I used incorrectly..that scared me a bit. Just recently found out that the frozen eggs we have in storage, that the price is going up..very discourage because money is tight right now. Also I was recommended a ERA, was told my insurance covered it, that I only pay 200, come to find out I couldn't get my results because I owed 800! It took us 7 months to pay that to get my results and move further. I asked on my last transfer in Aug 2019 if I should test my eggs, dr Griffith said no..after the transfer failed he called and says he recommends us testing our eggs, my husband was furious. The cost would be 4500, we cant afford it, so now we are stuck wondering what next.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Clapp is a wonderful specialist. She is extremely knowledgeable and always happy to explain any procedure to what ever detail made us comfortable. She personally called the lab when we had questions about laboratory equipment and procedures. If I had questions the nurses couldn’t answer she would personally call back. Sometimes she can be matter of fact, but she does care about her patients greatly.
Great clinic [Houston Fertility Institute]. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate. ... They had a wide variety of financial options. They range from single egg retrieval to multiple retrievals and transfers.
How was your experience with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
she Works at multiple facilities, so don’t be concerned if you can’t see her every visit. She reviews all the results and works with the other doctors in her practice and ultimately makes the recommendations for your treatment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute?
The nurses were spectacular. Called every day to check on me, provide updates and answer any questions I had
Describe the protocols Alexa Clapp used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We started with androgen Hormone priming (estrogen & testosterone) to promote better quality eggs since I am older than 35 & previous 2 retrievals resulted in Poor quality embryos. We planned on a 10 day ovarian stimulation with max doses of menopur and gonal F. She adjusted to 12 days of stimulation to allow the eggs to further mature. We had planned on fresh day 3 transfer. Dr clapp recommended against this as my progesterone rose to a level where fresh transfers are unsuccessful. She explained everything and we moved to a freeze all. By day 5 we only had 1 blast embryo, but 5 still growing. We let them mature to day 6 and got one more blast. We then did a frozen transfer of both embryos (one excellent quality the other fair). We had a live singleton birth as the result. No complications during pregnancy. Easy birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute.
Called frequently with test results and to check on me. Very friendly and compassionate. Efficient at care & provided excellent follow up
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Great clinic. Wonderful staff of doctors, nurses and financial advisors. Their associated lab is fantastic. High caliber embryologists that really know what they are doing. We had a couple specific requests for the lab and they were happy to accommodate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexa Clapp at Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Alexa Clapp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr Clapp makes her recommendations on a case by case basis. I really felt like she was tailoring our treatment to us vs blindly following a protocol.