Genetic counseling: Offered
Sugar Land
16545 SW Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77479
713.465.1211
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Houston/Houston IVF to a friend?

7.3

4 doctors
Endometriosis, Other
Go in with all your questions. She [Dr. McKnight] will take the time to answer all of them. Don’t be worried if you’re ignorant to the IVF process or expectations. She takes the time to go over everything, step by step...Due to my endometriosis, I am currently going through medically induced menopause for six months in order to “calm everything down” before I have a second surgery to remove “bad” tissue and create a healthy environment for IVF.
Total IVF Cost with ICSI [at CCRM Houston] : $13847.00 Medication range: $4,000- $7,000... They give you everything you need and allow you to process information, medically and financially. All staff has been attentive and take the time to answer all question you have. They are a large clinic, so they do get busy in the mornings getting patients in and out. But when you are in the office, they take the time you need to focus on you!
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
So far, Dr. McKnight has been not only a doctor, but a part of the family. She understands she is a huge part of our life right now and embraces it. She answers all questions posed to her when we meet with her and continues to answer questions I have going through the current process we are in. Due to severe endometriosis, we decided I would go on Lupron for the next six months prior to having a second surgery to remove cyst tissue and endometriosis tissue before we start IVF. We are anxiously awakening the six month to be over and she has checked in on me and us throughout the process! It’s comforting knowing she is still in this with us, even though we are in a holding pattern.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Go in with all your questions. She will take the time to answer all of them. Don’t be worried if you’re ignorant to the IVF process or expectations. She takes the time to go over everything, step by step.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She completely explained, in normal language, the process we were about to start. Answered all of our questions, and then some. We laughed and cried with her and walk out of her office with nothing but positive and loving thoughts and feelings about her.
Describe the protocols Katherine McKnight used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
Always attentive and have a smile! Return phone calls within the same day or immediately the next day. They will spend as much time with you as you need.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Overall, we have had a great experience. They give you everything you need and allow you to process information, medically and financially. All staff has been attentive and take the time to answer all question you have. They are a large clinic, so they do get busy in the mornings getting patients in and out. But when you are in the office, they take the time you need to focus on you!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Total IVF Cost with ICSI: $13847.00 Medication range: $4,000- $7,000
Describe Katherine McKnight's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
We have not got to that point yet but we have asked, she strictly leaves it up to you and your partner but reminds you of risks to babies and yourself with multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
One of my first steps was checking my ovary count. They initially told me my results would be posted in their portal. After not seeing the results I spoke with one of the nurses and it was immediate posted on the portal!
Houston - Fannin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.

2014 - 2018
I never felt rushed. Even one time I told Dr. Hickman in the hallway "I know you are so busy, but what do you think about _______" and he responded so kindly, looked me in the eye, and said to not ever feel like I can't ask him questions or like he is rushed.... Dr. Hickman was always calm and made me feel like I was in the best hands possible. He took time to answer my questions and was just so friendly and caring. My journey started in 2014 and after 3 IUIs, I became pregnant on the 3rd try, leading to a healthy baby boy.
This clinic [CCRM Houston] itself is gorgeous. You have views of i-10 and it is incredibly clean and welcoming. It was always easy to schedule appointments and to go in same day or next day. They are open 365 days a year (or maybe 364), so there is no need to worry about your IUI day landing on a weekend. They were even open every day during hurricane Harvey, when much of the city was closed down.... Sarah was always quick to call me back (I usually had to wait less than an hour to hear from her) and I called her A LOT.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. Hickman was always calm and made me feel like I was in the best hands possible. He took time to answer my questions and was just so friendly and caring. My journey started in 2014 and after 3 IUIs, I became pregnant on the 3rd try, leading to a healthy baby boy. We decided to try again in 2017 and found out I had borderline underactive thyroid, so he prescribed Synthroid. I got pregnant my first IUI but miscarried at 8 weeks. During the miscarriage, I had to see Dr. Hickman a lot and he never made me feel rushed and he remained positive but sympathetic at the same time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Make an appointment NOW- do not wait! Just take the leap of faith now.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
I never felt rushed. Even one time I told Dr. Hickman in the hallway "I know you are so busy, but what do you think about _______" and he responded so kindly, looked me in the eye, and said to not ever feel like I can't ask him questions or like he is rushed. His nurses are also so empathetic and caring.
Describe the protocols Timothy Hickman used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
For my first time around, the plan was 3 iuis with Clomid and ovidrel and then we would reconvene after and discuss the next step (possibly ivf). I got pregnant on the 3rd IUI. For my next pregnancy, blood work showed that I had high TSH so I was put on Synthroid. Since I had a successful IUI last time, Dr. Hickman was confident it would work again. I got pregnant my very first IUI with clomid and ovidrel, but miscarried. Now I am waiting a couple of cycles by my own personal choice to start trying again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: sarah)
Although Sarah was my primary nurse, I can say that every single person I worked with left a lasting positive impact. Sarah was always quick to call me back (I usually had to wait less than an hour to hear from her) and I called her A LOT. She never made me feel bad or silly for my questions, but instead left me feeling validated and in good hands. When I miscarried, I worked a lot with another nurse. I wish I remembered her name. She was so, so caring and warm. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about her kindness and empathy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
This clinic itself is gorgeous. You have views of i-10 and it is incredibly clean and welcoming. It was always easy to schedule appointments and to go in same day or next day. They are open 365 days a year (or maybe 364), so there is no need to worry about your IUI day landing on a weekend. They were even open every day during hurricane Harvey, when much of the city was closed down. I really don't see any weaknesses and believe Houston IVF is the best of the best. I will always be so grateful for them. We even took my son to meet the doctor and nurses that helped create him!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Each IUI was 1300. The hysterocopy I had to have with him was $200.
Houston - Fannin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.

3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
[With Dr. James Nodler] We first did our blood work and scans and I had a minor septum so we did surgery on that. We then started with 3 IUIs using Letrozole, which didn’t worked. My insurance covered three which is why we did 3 but that is also normal protocol. We then moved to IVF using Menopur and Follistim. Our goal was a fresh cycle but I had over stimulation so we froze the eggs, 4. 3 tested normal during PGS and one was unknown.
Houston IVF can be big so I recommend the med center location. They have great resources so use them all - therapy, acupuncture, etc. You do have to go to the memorial city location for all big procedures.... I was scheduled to do our egg retrieval starting in November and once my period finally started I was told the lab would be closed for cleaning in December so we had to wait a cycle.
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. Nodler is really knowledgeable and really nice. Sometimes, though, I felt like he wasn’t putting the research into our case. It was “unexplained infertility” and move to IVF instead of figuring out the cause of our infertility that could maybe be fixed by diet, supplements, or lifestyle changes. He has been great though, especially since the many failures and setbacks we have had, even calling me personally after we lost our baby at 10 weeks to unknown issues.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Ask lots of questions and request all the details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
What is great about Dr. Nodler is that he is at the Houston IVF Med center location so it is more intimate, he does his own ultrasounds, and knows who you are. The Memorial City location is big and you can feel like a number over there.
Describe the protocols James Nodler used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
We first did our blood work and scans and I had a minor septum so we did surgery on that. We then started with 3 IUIs using Letrozole, which didn’t worked. My insurance covered three which is why we did 3 but that is also normal protocol. We then moved to IVF using Menopur and Follistim. Our goal was a fresh cycle but I had over stimulation so we froze the eggs, 4. 3 tested normal during PGS and one was unknown. We then did a FET once my body got back to normal. FET 1 worked but at 10 weeks we had to terminate due to the growth of the organs outside the fetus body. It was never determined if that was genetic related. Have a long recovery from the D&C we did FET 2 which ended in a chemical pregnancy at 6 weeks. Currently waiting to start FET 3. All FETs have been the same protocol: 3 weeks birth control, lupron, estrogen patches, PIO, and progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amelia Silva)
Amelia is amazing. She returns all my calls timely and understands exactly what we are going through and is alway willing to help us out with scheduling issues or getting meds ordered timely.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
IUIs, labs, egg retrieval and FET 1 were covered by insurance so I paid 20% until my $500 deductible. FET 2 was $4,500.
Describe James Nodler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I wanted to transfer 2 the first time but he wanted one as it is statistically better and safer. It didn’t work. For the 2nd FET I again pushed for two but he wanted one so we did one. We now have two embryos left so we are finally transferring two during FET 3.
Houston - Fannin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.

I always felt completely comfortable with Dr. McKnight and enjoyed meeting with her. My only criticism was that I'm not sure if there was a ton if communication between her and my nurse about me other than just the pure blood work numbers. I had actually moved out of state between my consultation and my FET and she was unaware at the time of my transfer that I had been doing outside monitoring.
I've always felt in good hands with Houston IVF. They're clinic and office is very professional. It is a large clinic so if you want a more personal experience, this might not be the clinic for you. I, however felt completely comfortable with them and that I was given the best chance for pregnancy while with them.... My two embryos were actually frozen together so we chose to transfer both. We were told it was most likely safe to thaw and refreeze one of our embryos, but we chose not to take the chance.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Go with her, she's great!
Dr. McKnight was very friendly and I felt very comfortable around her. While still very professional, she still was easy going and was very positive throughout my FET cycle.
I had an FET transfer, starting with birth control pills to regulate my cycle and then followed by Lupron injections, estrogen, and progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Judy)
My nurse was very helpful and I enjoyed speaking with her. My only complant was she was out of the office a lot. I don't want to judge since I don't know the reason behind it, but it was sometimes inconvenient when I had questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I believe my FET was about $4500.
Houston - Fannin
Dr Noddler without hesitation answered all of my questions and had a very sophisticated approached to my treatment. He was also lighthearted when needed and serious when necessary. I really enjoy being his patient...I have a very high AMH so my antagonist protocol had to be very closely monitored... He tailored my program to stimulate me enough to get good quality eggs, but not so much to cause me an discomfort.
The expression "you get what you pay for" is a perfect one for this clinic [CCRM Houston]. It is a little bit more expensive than my previous one, but the amount of attention and personal service you get is worth every penny!...There are not enough superlative adjectives to describe how amazing Amelia has been with me. I am a super type A pain in the butt and never once did I feel like she was annoyed with me. She is so knowledgeable and kind, and funny and light hearted but serious when needed. She is truly the best and I wouldn't want to do this journey without her.
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
The first thing I liked about Dr Noddler is how smart he was and how informed he seemed about the most up to date information. I consider myself an intelligent woman, so I went into our relationship having concerns and things I wanted clarification on. Dr Noddler without hesitation answered all of my questions and had a very sophisticated approached to my treatment. He was also lighthearted when needed and serious when necessary. I really enjoy being his patient.
Dr Noddler and his nurse use a very black and white protocol. The patient needs to know that every step of their plan is being carefully put together for each patient's best result
Doctor Noddler always greeted me by name, remembered conversations from previous meetings and always cared about what I had to say. He never rushed me out of the office and answered every question I had without problem.
I have a very high AMH so my antagonist protocol had to be very closely monitored. The reason I switched to Houston IVF and Dr Noddler is because my previous clinic and Dr over stimulated me so badly that I ended up with severe OHSS. To the point I had to have my belly drained. This was my biggest concern when I first met with Dr Noddler, and he took my concerns very seriously. He tailored my program to stimulate me enough to get good quality eggs, but not so much to cause me an discomfort. With a perfect cocktail of drugs, I was able to produce 26 eggs, 16 fertilized, and 9 grew to 5 day blasts. out of those 9, 3 were graded 5AA the highest quality egg possible. I am currently still in treatment. I've had my 5 day blast frozen embryo transfer 4 days ago, so I can't comment if it worked, but so far this has been the best experience I could have hoped for.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The expression "you get what you pay for" is a perfect one for this clinic. It is a little bit more expensive than my previous one, but the amount of attention and personal service you get is worth every penny!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Monitoring appointments were always at 7:30am outside of working hours, so perfect
20,500$
I demanded that I have an eSET because I'm petrified of having twins. I was lucky that I fit in the perameter of those that qualify to have eSET

Male Factor, Other
Dr James Nodler is attentive, caring and kind.... My egg retrieval, fertilization and blastocyst results improved with Dr Nodler. I believe that this is the result of the protocol that Dr Nodler put me on. I transferred 2 PGS embryos, and both failed to implant. In the follow up, there were no explanations of why, just many possibilities. He suggested that I do an ERA (which I am doing) or use a gestational carrier. I am hoping for a more conservation solution.
The strengths are the doctors and their affiliation with CCRM. In every appointment in which I saw Dr Nodler he asked if I had any questions. At that point, I could ask any question I had, whether it had to do with this particular appointment or something else. Procedures are performed by any doctor within the practice. Initially I was concerned about this, but it wasn't an issue at all. The weaknesses are the on call staff, billing department and their fees which are higher than other clinics.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Let Dr Nodler make his recommendations and follow them. He is the expert, not us.
Dr James Nodler is attentive, caring and kind.
For simulations, Dr Nodler used the antagonist protocol. It worked well. I do not know why he chose that particular protocol. Our main issue is male factor resulting from Robertsonian Translocation 13/14. He recommended CCS to screen all 46 chromosomes for abnormalities.
My primary nurse Amelia was great and responsive, when she was in the office. When she was out of the office, it was difficult to get a response, or I got no response at all. The on call nursing staff needs to improve their communication style with the patients. They are timely in their response times; however, there responses can be short and seemingly irritated. And if you miss their call, or have a follow up question, they get upset. Since cost of treatment is out of pocket, many patients will attempt to get some procedures covered by their insurance. The billing department is very slow to respond and requires multiple follow ups to get required information.
Egg retrieval, PGS (7 embryos), FET (1 time) = $21,000 ERA= $2,350
Due to my history of failed SET of PGS embryos, I requested to transfer 2 and he did. But he recommended I do one. I wish I had listened to him.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
On weekends and holidays, you have to go to their main location in Memorial City which is 30 miles from my home (60 round-trip). I had an appointment at 7:30 am on Dec 26. I paid higher fees to fly home from my family holiday on Dec 25 to make this appointment, but the office was closed. I waited there for 2 hours before the on call nurse told me they were closed.
Houston - Fannin
Dr.Nodler has all the merits on paper. He was referred to us by my husbands urologist. But he lacks compassion. When I explained to him that we couldn’t afford this procedure of 18K with my husband being in school and only myself working. He said to come back when ready.... Even after this cycle failed he didn’t seem to go thru the explanation of the failure. A year later, I came across an embryologist and showed her the pictures of the embryos my clinic transferred.
This place [Houston IVF] is for people who has the money to shell out. It’s very fancy and high end looking place with state of the are technology. They have two locations one in fannin and other in gessner. If your insurance covers fertility treatment worth trying with other doctors here.... Amelia is an amazing nurse. She is so compassionate and listens to you. I was so overwhelmed with all the information on ivf and this was our first time. I had no clue about injections, drawing medicine , poking myself
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr.Nodler has all the merits on paper. He was referred to us by my husbands urologist. But he lacks compassion. When I explained to him that we couldn’t afford this procedure of 18K with my husband being in school and only myself working. He said to come back when ready. But I pushed ourselves and found means to borrow money from family. Even after this cycle failed he didn’t seem to go thru the explanation of the failure. A year later, I came across an embryologist and showed her the pictures of the embryos my clinic transferred. In one look she said they were really poor stage and should have done laser on them to help with implantation. At the time of transfer there was no talking and I could sense they were guilty of something. I asked what stage is it. It wasn’t even a blastocyst on day 5 and they still transferred them.
Please go to other docs in the clinic
After a free of years of trying to conceive, my husbands pcp noticed he had varicocoele. Hence the urologist who did the surgery referred us to Dr.Nolder. He was knowledgeable but lacked in explaining why we failed the cycle. I did the whole 9 yard testing and there seems to be no issue expect low speed count of my hubby. He promised with icsi we would see good results. Even though when I explained to him how we were financially not there yet to pay the 18K since my husband was in school at that time. All this happened during Harvey and driving thru the flood to get to the appts. Even during embryos transfer the embryologist and the doctor never explained what stage the embryos are at etc. never got a call back for a status update on how the remaining embryos were doing. Our experience was really bad with this clinic in regards to the reasoning behind the failure. At last all he said was come back when we are ready and have the money. We can’t afgird another one as we are still paying off the debt of the first one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amelia )
Amelia is an amazing nurse. She is so compassionate and listens to you. I was so overwhelmed with all the information on ivf and this was our first time. I had no clue about injections, drawing medicine , poking myself etc. but she was there always to answer my questions. Also helped me find good deals on the drugs.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
This place is for people who has the money to shell out. It’s very fancy and high end looking place with state of the are technology. They have two locations one in fannin and other in gessner. If your insurance covers fertility treatment worth trying with other doctors here.
18K
My doctor transferred 2 embryos
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Just the issue they didn’t call back to update on the status of the remaining embryos. I had to call them.

Endometriosis, PCOS
He’s incredibly personable and calm. He is able to put fears at ease and is very willing to listen and understand. We had many questions going into the procedures, and he was always willing to talk with us about any questions we had. He was always very thorough in his explanations.... this past frozen transfer I remember that he was very particular that we use endometrum suppositories
Their office [CCRM Houston] is beautifully located- on the top floor of a building that overlooks Houston. The waiting room is spacious and peaceful. I never had to wait more than five minutes. Once back- the nurses were so helpful and kind. I was literally walked through each step of the process.... The nurses were very on top of it. My nurse was very matter of fact.... Monitoring was super quick and easy! It was usually early morning so people could still get to work.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Go see him sooner! Haha we waited a while to finally see an Infertility specialist and I wish we’d done it sooner because we received such great care.
Their office was incredible. There was rarely another patient waiting. The longest I waited in the waiting room was five minutes. Once back, I had a nurse or someone with me the entire time providing comfort. They were extremely personable.
It is hard to remember specifics from my first cycle... but this past frozen transfer I remember that he was very particular that we use endometrum suppositories instead of other progesterone supplements. He felt that the success rate with this medication was better than regular progesterone supplements.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
The nurses were very on top of it. My nurse was very matter of fact. She wasn’t superfluous in what she needed to say, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
They have a million strengths in my eyes. Their office is beautifully located- on the top floor of a building that overlooks Houston. The waiting room is spacious and peaceful. I never had to wait more than five minutes. Once back- the nurses were so helpful and kind. I was literally walked through each step of the process.
I remember total- it was $13,000 and the second time with a frozen transfer was around $7,000
Describe Timothy Hickman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Our doctor was very open to what we wanted to do. He was very willing to let us select one or two embryos, based on how we felt.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Once I had a small struggle getting a hold of a nurse to call in a prescription that I was out of.

PCOS, Unexplained
Only met with Dr. McKnight at our initial consult. Never saw her again after that day. All other interactions were with the medical staff...Dr. McKnight lacked the warmth and compassion I expected. My husband felt the same way. There was no desire to truly figure out why we weren't getting pregnant, just go down the pathway of medicated timed intercourse, then IUI, then IVF... Overall, I just felt like Dr. McKnight had no personal interest in my success so we transferred to another clinic after that first cycle...Ask up front how often you will see her and how can you get in touch with her directly if you have questions.
You are not assigned a nurse [at Houston IVF] apparently unless you are doing IVF. Every time I called I spoke to someone different and there was miscommunication frequently. Clinic had a cold sterile feel to it. No one was particularly friendly towards us...Clinic seems focused on IVF patients only...I did not have a good experience with the nursing staff. For some reason in my chart it said I was doing an IUI cycle, but we were actually doing timed intercourse. Every time I called they would refer to my cycle being IUI despite my correcting them each time. This tells me they never made the changes in my chart. There was also incorrect information relayed to Dr. McKnight and back to me from her. Overall, poor quality staff.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. McKnight lacked the warmth and compassion I expected. My husband felt the same way. There was no desire to truly figure out why we weren't getting pregnant, just go down the pathway of medicated timed intercourse, then IUI, then IVF. I had several questionable things occur during my cycle that she did not have an explanation for. For example, I had an 18 day luteal phase during my medicated cycle. Pregnancy test was negative. When I asked why it had lasted so long, I was just told by the nurse "we don't know, just call us when your period starts so we can start the next cycle." There was no input from Dr. McKnight whatsoever. Through my own research I found out it was likely a luteal cyst. Overall, I just felt like Dr. McKnight had no personal interest in my success so we transferred to another clinic after that first cycle.
Only met with Dr. Mckinght at our initial consult. Never saw her again after that day. All other interactions were with the medical staff. Most of the time they were not warm or personable. I basically just came in for my ultrasound and blood work then left with no explanation of what what the plan was or what the treatment rationale. It definitely felt like a factory and like if you weren't doing IVF you were not a priority.
We only stayed with her for one cycle. This was my first treatment cycle ever. I have suspected PCOS. I used letrozole 5 mg days 3-7 with an Ovidrel trigger and timed intercourse. I had two monitoring ultrasounds during the cycle that showed 3 developed follicles. It resulted in a negative pregnancy test and an extremely long luteal phase likely due to a corpus luteal cyst.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Clinic seems focused on IVF patients only. You are not assigned a nurse apparently unless you are doing IVF. Every time I called I spoke to someone different and there was miscommunication frequently. Clinic had a cold sterile feel to it. No one was particularly friendly towards us. Some people seem to have had a pleasant experience with them, but both my husband and I had the same feeling and decided we did not want to continue with them after our first cycle. Had much better experience elsewhere in Houston.
$400 for a monitored timed intercourse medicated cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
They put in my chart we were doing IUI when we were actually doing timed intercourse cycle. Despite my correcting this, every time I called they still would act as if we're doing an IUI.
Houston - Fannin

She's [Dr. Katherine McKnight] kind, compassionate and yet self assured and breeds confidence. You can sense she has the experience. She is also a bit more conservative, which I appreciate...IVF with chromosomal screening (because of multiple pregnancy losses likely due to chromosomal abnormalities). Transfer one tested embryo TK reduce risk of twins...My nurse was probably one of the better ones. The others are really ditzy and it's frustrating to interact with them. I also wish there was a 24 hr nurse's help like. Maybe that's asking too much. But when you are going through such an expensive procedure and learning to use expensive injectable meds for the first time, it would be important to have someone available to help even at 9 pm.
Their support staff [at Houston IVF] is largely sub par. There is one standout - shilpa! She's smart and sweet but relatively junior. The insurance/billing Dept is a joke. Unresponsive and unhelpful. The medicine calendar instructions are ridiculously antiquated and complicated. Can they not create something digital?? That would automatically update as you go?...It feels a bit like an IVF factory. And the schedules of medications, appts etc are typically made to accommodate the doctor's work week.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She's kind, compassionate and yet self assured and breeds confidence. You can sense she has the experience. She is also a bit more conservative, which I appreciate.
Dr. McKnight herself is incredibly kind, and has been in every interaction no matter how short or long. She lets me ask my myriad questions even when I come in for a simple ultrasound check. That said, I'm always one of a dozen in the waiting room and lab waiting to get our morning screenings. It feels a bit like an IVF factory. And the schedules of medications, appts etc are typically made to accommodate the doctor's work week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Their support staff is largely sub par. There is one standout - shilpa! She's smart and sweet but relatively junior. The insurance/billing Dept is a joke. Unresponsive and unhelpful. The medicine calendar instructions are ridiculously antiquated and complicated. Can they not create something digital?? That would automatically update as you go?
$15-20K for IVF with chromosomal screening
Houston - Fannin

She [Dr Katherine McKnight] goes out of her way to talk through everything, and help us understand what is going on. She doesn't rush through appointments and makes sure that you have what you need for next steps. She is willing to meet us where we are at with treatments, and explains why she thinks something will or not work. She doesn't treat us like we are just another number in the clinic, but really makes you comfortable in the care you are receiving.
IUI with Clomid/Letrozol was reasonable - $1,000 a cycle. IUI with injectables was $2,000 a month + cost of meds. I don't remember specifics on IVF, but it is lower that 2 other places in our area...I really think that this Clinic [Houston IVF] has things down to a very good system. I know some people are bothered by not seeing the doctor every time they come in, but it is very obvious that the staff are in constant contact with the Doctors to make sure they your treatment is going well. The opening of their new location on Fannin has make things even easier for me.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. McKnight is very caring and compassionate. She goes out of her way to talk through everything, and help us understand what is going on. She doesn't rush through appointments and makes sure that you have what you need for next steps. She is willing to meet us where we are at with treatments, and explains why she thinks something will or not work. She doesn't treat us like we are just another number in the clinic, but really makes you comfortable in the care you are receiving.
If you have any questions on what is going on, just reach out to your nurse. Dr. McKnight communicates well through the nurses. If you don't receive an answer you like, or feel like you are not on the same page, set up an in person meeting.
Dr. McKnight goes out of her way to walk us through her thoughts on our treatment plans, what options we have, asking questions on how we feel about the steps we are taking, and understands when we need to take a break.
I have had a previous pregnancy, with the help of fertility treatments in a different state. Given this Dr. McKnight is very encouraging that I can once again get pregnant and is willing to follow my cue on trying IUI before moving to IVF. We have done 3 cycles of IUI, all resulting in negative pregnancy tests. The first IUI was Clomid days 5-9, and IUI ended up on CD 21. I ovulated prior to doing the trigger shot. I only had 1 dominate follicle for IUI #1. IUI #2 - Clomid days 5-9, trigger shot on CD 18 (only 1 dominate follicle), IUI on CD 20. IUI#3 - Clomid day 3-7, trigger on CD 15 (only 1 dominate follicle), IUI on CD 17. Currently on a treatment break, as we've decided to have lap surgery prior to next treatment, which we've discussed will be injectables with IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amelia)
Amelia is very attentive, quick, and responsive. She is always very compassionate when taking calls, or in person. The rest of the staff has always been very kind as well.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I really think that this Clinic has things down to a very good system. I know some people are bothered by not seeing the doctor every time they come in, but it is very obvious that the staff are in constant contact with the Doctors to make sure they your treatment is going well. The opening of their new location on Fannin has make things even easier for me.

IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. McKenzie] has the best bedside manner I have ever seen as a nurse and patient. She is compassionate and truly cares for her patient's well being. She is very thorough in her care and takes care of you as an individual, according to your specific needs....First, they ask you to come in and meet with your doctor to discuss any previous labs, pregnancies, medical history, etc and get an in office hysteroscopy and also get new lab work on you and your spouse.
Loved that they [Houston IVF] do everything there and store everything there also. My embryos haven't been moved since they found their home there. It's such a calm and relaxing atmosphere with a waterfall in the waiting area. The rooms are super clean and their equipment above expectations. They even have an in house lab so you never have to leave the office...I was always called by my first name in the office and got a quick return call from any on call staff. I was treated with respect and allowed to be a part of all my treatment during the whole process.
IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She has the best bedside manner I have ever seen as a nurse and patient. She is compassionate and truly cares for her patient's well being. She is very thorough in her care and takes care of you as an individual, according to your specific needs. There were fertility doctors closer to where I lived, but I chose to see her over an hour away from my home, just bc of the kind of doctor she was and the care i received from her. She is no longer with the practice as of now, but i will see Dr. McKnight when i have my frozen transfers, and she is just as kind and good at what she does.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
DON'T waste your time with any other doctor!!!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
I was always called by my first name in the office and got a quick return call from any on call staff. I was treated with respect and allowed to be a part of all my treatment during the whole process. I will always use this doctor and office for all my infertility needs and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good doctor. Being a nurse and being burned at another infertility clinic, I would drive a hundred miles just to use this place!
Describe the protocols Laurie McKenzie used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
First, they ask you to come in and meet with your doctor to discuss any previous labs, pregnancies, medical history, etc and get an in office hysteroscopy and also get new lab work on you and your spouse. Then then you meet with her nurse to set up a schedule and sign any consents and the financial expert to come up with a plan. Once all test results come back and you call on day one of your cycle, you then start a monophasic birth control pill. I'm not too sure the name of the shots I took for a couple of weeks before the egg retrieval, but they were daily, along with twice a week u/s to measure follicles. The injections made more of your eggs mature, so they could retrieve a greater number on retrieval day. Then, depending on when they want you to come back, they implant a 3 or 5 day old embryo, and they keep you well informed of how they are growing and their rating. Then after the implantation, the progesterone injections start. Their protocol was 50mg daily for 10-12 weeks. I had an issue with progesterone absorption, so I was on 100mg daily for 12 weeks.
Excellent and so caring.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Loved that they do everything there and store everything there also. My embryos haven't been moved since they found their home there. It's such a calm and relaxing atmosphere with a waterfall in the waiting area. The rooms are super clean and their equipment above expectations. They even have an in house lab so you never have to leave the office.
Great and well organized!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
My insurance didn't cover infertility, so we had to pay cash. First appt $75, hysteroscopy $180?, anesthesia for egg retrieval $500?, and everything else kind of depends on if you have insurance. They have a 30% off compassionate care program for those who make less than a certain amount each year and are cash pay, which we qualified for and paid, with meds and all, + or - $16000. Cheaper than other places we looked at.
Describe Laurie McKenzie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Not sure. I never asked about this.
Houston - Fannin

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.

Dr. McKenzie was sensitive. Appreciated the call giving me an update on my embryos. Wish they were more open to alternative technologies/methodologies. Appreciate their optimism.
Well oiled machine early morning hours, which was good so you could get in and out and to work timely. The staff is friendly. My nurse seems like she can't be bothered though.
How was your experience with Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
I think I covered this in a prior question. She's nice, sensitive and optimistic. Also realistic. Appreciate her insight. She didn't seem to be a fan of alternative treatments.
Ask for a good nurse.
The staff is friendly. My nurse seems like she can't be bothered though. Docs are sensitive. Appreciated the call giving me an update on my embryos. Wish they were more open to alternative technologies/methodologies. Appreciate their optimism.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
Most of the staff is nice and upbeat. Really liked the ladies who take ur blood as odd as that sounds. My nurse however seemed like she couldn't be bothered when I ask questions. She wasn't forthcoming with information which made me have to postpone a cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I discussed changing the protocol with the doc after the last failed cycle to include estrogen priming. I knew from reading this would require some lead time. I wasn't sure how much so I emailed the nurse a couple weeks before my CD1, when I was hoping to begin my cycle. She blew it off. Said they do several estrogen priming cycles but doc was on vacation and that I should contact her on CD1. I emailed her on the Friday before my CD1 expecting it to be Sunday. She said estrogen priming was a whole month! Way more than k had thought or planned. My job requires travel, etc so I try to plan IVF around it. Then my CD1 ended up being on a Saturday. So Monday I let her know and she says I should start meds that day. However I was traveling. I looked up a pharmacy where I was & sent her the address but I forgot to send her the phone number. I couldn't look it up in time and she didn't offer. I ended up postponing. Probably not the biggest deal but I think her attitude is what frustrates me some too. In fairness, it would have helped if the doc had told her what we discussed and I could have also thought to ask that question when we had the consultation.
Houston - Fannin

Don't expect to see [Dr. McKenzie] her often. Do know that she is aware of everything going on with your appointments and plan. She also likes to do as many tests as possible (common for an fertility specialist) but she would do even more if she could.
For the most part this office [Houston IVF] runs very smoothly...They did get better throughout my process about calling me the same day with testing results but never posted any results on the patient portal...their business office employees would rather not do any work looking into your insurance. They just want you to pay and leave - not friendly at all.
How was your experience with Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She is very kind and informative. She fully gives you her attention when speaking with you and your husband/partner, she includes them in the conversation as much as possible. At first I was uncomfortable with the fact that you rarely see her (you see the staff at each appointment, just not the doctor) but quickly realized it isn't necessary to see her each time since the staff is fully capable. It was also strange for her to perform my final ultrasound at 8 weeks pregnant (she was so sweet and happy for us), but she kind of came in and got "all the glory" when we hadn't seen her in about 4.5 months. But at the same time you are grateful and have to remember she was the one reviewing your chart and making the decisions about what to do next even though we didn't see her much. She was so compassionate when I miscarried. She even hugged me at the end of the appointment which surprised me since I figured she probably sees it so often. From the small amount of times we met with her, she was nothing but sweet, smart, compassionate, and a very lovely doctor who knows exactly what she is doing and looks out for your very best interest.
Don't expect to see her often. Do know that she is aware of everything going on with your appointments and plan. She also likes to do as many tests as possible (common for an fertility specialist) but she would do even more if she could.
The very few times I've met with Dr. McKenzie she was so kind and informative. In my experience with doing 3 cycles of IUI, the process was to meet with the doctor once at the very beginning to make a plan and get all of the information ... and if the the cycles did not work, you meet with the doctor again to re-evaluate your options (so about 3 months later). If it did work, you see the doctor in the 8th week of your pregnancy to do the final ultrasound before releasing you to your OBGYN. So in roughly 22 weeks I only saw Dr. McKenzie twice (my 3rd IUI worked). Unfortunately I went on to miscarry at 9 weeks so I have seen Dr. McKenzie again to re-evaluate our new plan and decide which plan will work for us moving forward. At first it was so strange to me that you don't see the doctor, you only see the nurses and ultrasound techs. Then the further along the process goes you understand that the staff is fully capable and the doctor is reviewing your progress every step of the way even if you don't see her. A couple of the nurses are rushed and kind of cold, but the majority of them are sweet and caring and always helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Technically I didn't see my nurse that was assigned to me ever, not sure if they just assign everyone to her and then any nurse takes care of you, or if there was a mistake made and I never really had an assigned. That was frustrating the first month. Then we realized that if I left a voicemail someone would return my call that day, but rarely the same nurse. There was a nurse there that returned my calls more than others and her name is Chelsea. She was so sweet and always looked into any question I had for her or the doctor. She was also very compassionate when I had a chemical pregnancy as well when I miscarried. Super sweet. She also performed my first IUI and didn't get frazzled when I started crying (due to the Chlomid emotional roller coaster). Lovely nurse.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
For the most part this office runs very smoothly. At the very beginning they give you a patient portal and tell you they will post your results and you can login to check them. This never happens. I had to call the nurse several times to find out any blood testing results. They did get better throughout my process about calling me the same day with testing results but never posted any results on the patient portal. Also insurance is tricky with infertility and their business office employees would rather not do any work looking into your insurance. They just want you to pay and leave - not friendly at all. They would rather let you leave without paying as opposed to taking the time to call your insurance company to see if you're covered for something. Also sometimes the nurses give conflicting information, like what you should or shouldn't do (when to have intercourse, which meds or vitamins or OK to take). We would just double-check with someone else when that happened.

2010 - 2011
The whole clinic is so well run... As an IVF patient I was assigned my own nurse who handled all of my communication with their office and was present for all of my appointments and procedures. She returned all of my phone calls promptly and answered all of my questions.
2010 - 2011
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
I had the best experience as Dr. Hickman's patient! His office is so prompt and efficient. The whole clinic is so well run. Dr. Hickman was incredibly professional. He is compassionately matter-of-fact, and what I mean is that he delicately tells you the truth. I was a patient for a year doing IUIs and during that time I didn't really see him (except for the initial consultation) because his nurses perform all of the procedures. I ended up doing IVF and that's really when I felt like he was present. He had to perform a minor surgical procedure on me before we could proceed with IVF, and he was just wonderful. He did a fantastic job, but he also made my family and me feel like he cared. He took extra time with them going over my surgery and explaining everything in detail. He was equally wonderful performing the IVF. I really believe his is sensitive to his patients (who are under extreme amounts of stress and pumped up with hormones) and I felt he was very smart. I think he takes his success rate seriously which I appreciate. Overall I never questioned that I was receiving the absolute best care and treatment. I met with him the first time and left thinking "this is the doctor for me". It has been over three years since the birth of my twins and I still think that he was the perfect choice.
I wish I would not have waited so long to move from IUIs to IVF. I don't think that anyone at the clinic ever suggested that IUIs weren't working and that I should be considering other options. Although, it might have been discussed during the initial consultation. So, don't wait for them to contact you if you have questions or feel things aren't progressing. Call them and they will take care of you
As an IVF patient I was assigned my own nurse who handled all of my communication with their office and was present for all of my appointments and procedures. She returned all of my phone calls promptly and answered all of my questions. I believe she really wanted my treatments to work. When you have a point person in the office its like you, Dr. Hickman, and your nurse are a team doing everything possible to get you that baby. The nurse calls you to give you your pregnancy results. My husband and I couldn't be together to take the call, so I had her leave a message for me giving me the results. The nurse was so excited on the message and so sweet; I still have the message on my phone.
She was always easy to get in contact with, and she was very encouraging.

2012 - 2017
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Hickman did explain everything well before beginning ivf. After a failed cycle he would always call me himself and answer every single question I had. I felt he was a great doctor and trusted him completely...We used the antagonist protocol and I always used lupron with every cycle. I would trigger with 10,000 units of hgh. I would always react decently...I did feel taken care of.
I think [IVF at CCRM Houston] was close to 35 thousand for two cycles. I thought the clinic was great. Your doctor isn't always the one who performs the retrieval or transfer, which I didn't know going in, sometimes its another RE on site. But all of them were wonderful...All monitoring appointments were scheduled before 8am and there were several nurses working to get you back to do bloodwork while the doctors were in and out doing ultrasounds. Things always moved very fast in the mornings.
2012 - 2017
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Ivf isn't easy and it isn't cheap, but he was worth it.
I did feel taken care of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Susan Gibbons)
Susan was there for all my questions and to help with everything along the way. She was wonderful!
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
If was vey expensive, I think it was close to 35 thousand for two cycles. Thanks to several loans, our life savings and my grandmother who helped us pay for everything. Everything was included in the price except for the anesthesia. Acupuncture was also separate.
My first two transfer he allowed 3 each time, but my third only 2 were transferred per new law/rule.

2014 - 2017
I feel like she is an excellent Doctor. She hopes that this works for us and continues down the road with us. She does suggest using donor or have it as back up, but we are not there yet. I feel like she is an excellent Doctor...Do research and ask for what you want. If you think there might be some alternatives that have not been suggested, ask. She actually suggested another medication protocol for my husband and it seems to be working. His doctor had not even suggested it at the time...
Make sure to ask [Houston IVF] lots of questions. There is acupuncture on site for pre and post transfer...They set up the majority of appointments in the early morning hours so that you can get to work...She was a great nurse. She worked with me on schedules and answered all calls and emails ASAP...My benefits are excellent, but average retrieval and transfer run 12-15k plus meds...I had two egg retrievals and froze my eggs for when they could retrieve sperm. I used Lupron, follistim, menopur , birth control pills, and an oral steroid for my cycles. I think asking for an hsg is a good idea before a potential transfer to make sure nothing might be blocking things up...
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
I feel like she is an excellent Doctor. She hopes that this works for us and continues down the road with us. She does suggest using donor or have it as back up, but we are not there yet. I feel like she is an excellent Doctor. She hopes that this works for us and continues down the road with us. She does suggest using donor or have it as back up, but we are not there yet.
Dr McKnight is an excellent Doctor. She cares about me and what I am going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Judy gerow)
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Make sure to ask lots of questions. There is acupuncture on site for pre and post transfer .
Houston - Fannin

Was very clear every step of the way. Very caring and reassuring. Answered all questions I had no matter how minimal it may have seemed. She [Dr. McKnight] gave me a good understanding of what was happening with my body and gave me a better understanding of what PCOS meant. Explained all ultrasounds and told me what was expected of me after my egg reached a certain size.
The clinic [Houston IVF] itself was very nice. The front desk lady knew me by name after awhile which made me feel special. I was always asked if I needed water which was also very nice. The waiting area was very warm and welcoming also. ... I remember the nurse to be very sweet and respect of my situation. Explained everything she saw on the ultrasound monitor which was super comforting
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Was very clear every step of the way. Very caring and reassuring. Answered all questions I had no matter how minimal it may have seemed. She gave me a good understanding of what was happening with my body and gave me a better understanding of what PCOS meant. Explained all ultrasounds and told me what was expected of me after my egg reached a certain size.
To ask all the questions and not be afraid to ask for things to be explained in a different matter if you don’t understand.
Everyone in the office was super nice and helpful!
I was instructed to use clomid on cycle days 5-9 and then go in regularly for ultrasounds. Once my egg was a certain size I was instructed to have timed intercourse. Then 2 weeks later a pregnancy test. If it was positive I would go in for a pee test in the clinic to confirm.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The clinic itself was very nice. The front desk lady knew me by name after awhile which made me feel special. I was always asked if I needed water which was also very nice. The waiting area was very warm and welcoming also.
I believe the clomid cycle cost 1,200 which included the ultrasound. The clomid cost was around $60 The trigger shot was around $200
Houston - Fannin

Dr Nodler took the time to get a thorough history of my infertility journey. He made clear what results I could expect from various procedures. He spoke freely about statistics, allowing me to have a realistic understanding of my chances of success.... James Nodler is an excellent doctor. After many years of infertility, we had great success under his care. I have twins, conceived on the first round of IVF. My experience was positive; every visit and procedure went very smoothly.
Weakness: somewhat hard to reach via phone- lots of transferring or leaving messages for a call back. Strengths: blood work in house was very convenient, nice and clean facility and short wait times. Lobby staff [CCRM Houston] was always friendly.... Dr Nodler explained all our options and we all (Dr Nodler, my husband and myself) felt comfortable with an IVF cycle. Ultrasounds were done to assess my uterus, ovaries and eggs. Blood work was done to screen for other potential issues that would prevent conceiving.
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Ask lots of questions. He will explain in detail anything you are unsure about.
Dr Nodler explained all our options and we all (Dr Nodler, my husband and myself) felt comfortable with an IVF cycle. Ultrasounds were done to assess my uterus, ovaries and eggs. Blood work was done to screen for other potential issues that would prevent conceiving. We were able to proceed with no issues.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Weakness: somewhat hard to reach via phone- lots of transferring or leaving messages for a call back. Strengths: blood work in house was very convenient, nice and clean facility and short wait times. Lobby staff was always friendly.
We did chromosomal testing on the embryos. We elected to transfer 2 embryos, understanding that chromasomally normal embryos would have a higher chance of implementing with no issues to follow. We understood that our chances of twins would be higher.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
My husband and I didn't get to see Dr. Hickman [at Houston IVF} much. In fact, we only saw him once in preparation for our IUI. The IUI wasn't even performed by him. It was performed by a nurse. I think that's normal, but someone should've informed us of this prior to the procedure. When my husband and I decided to go to a different clinic for our IVF, I requested that my records be sent to the new clinic. It took over a month to get them sent, and I had to make several phone calls.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
He was very technical, and not the least bit warm. I might've been okay with this if we had seen him more frequently or if he had told us that his nurses would be doing everything.
Don't expect to see him often. Ask lots of questions.
My husband and I didn't get to see Dr. Hickman much. In fact, we only saw him once in preparation for our IUI. The IUI wasn't even performed by him. It was performed by a nurse. I think that's normal, but someone should've informed us of this prior to the procedure.
We went in to discuss IVF, but we ended up deciding to try IUI first. I was on Bravelle and Ovidrel. It was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Unfortunately, I don't remember names, but our care coordinator was kind. She gave us some of the medications (we were still charged for them) so we wouldn't have to pay for them right then.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The waiting area is lovely, the waits aren't too long, and an acupuncture clinic is also available. I did love that they didn't scoff at the idea of acupuncture as some clinics do.
I had insurance coverage for an IUI. It was only $1,500 plus the medications.

2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Unexplained
She [my nurse] cared so much about me... She is incredibly patient when I ask questions... lots of questions. She has been there for me when medication didn't get delivered and made sure I had what I needed at all times.
2013 - 2015
European, Prefer not to answer
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
He was amazing. He is methodical and can explain why he is doing what he is doing clearly. He has no problem with questions. He is available if you need him. He called me back at night one time because i was so worried the night before my second IUI. He explained why he really thought this cycle would work (which it did).
Don't wait. Go see him.
Dr. Hickman was AMAZING!!! He took the time, anytime, including at night after he got off work, to answer my questions. He explained everything to me and seemed to even enjoy the fact I was asking questions. A different doctor I went to first actually blamed me for my infertility. He told me that my past was my past and the goal now was to get me pregnant, which he did. I can't recommend him enough.
She cared so much about me. I am currently going back to try to conceive a second child. She found me, remembered me, my background, when my child was born, my interest. She is incredibly patient when I ask questions...lots of questions. She has been there for me when medication didn't get delivered and made sure I had what I needed at all times.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
My nurse went on vacation and I am a "different" patient for IUI. My issues are more like those that lead to IVF. My nurse had told me to start Crinone after the IUI (I had also done this twice previously). The day of my IUI, the nurse forgot to tell me to start the Crinone. I called to ask and they cleared it up.
2012
She [Dr. Laurie McKenzie] was perfectly fine. I did not feel she was exceptional. I saw her only a handful of times in the entire time I was her patient. However, her treatment resulted in a successful pregnancy, so I have no complaints.... I rarely saw the doctor herself and liaised mostly with nursing staff (who were great). In their defense, I did not request any special interaction, but was surprised to hear from other patients that they had regular contact with the doctor. In retrospect, I would have requested to speak with her more and feel more like a patient, rather than just a client.
It [CCRM Housont/Houston IVF] was a very professional, well-managed clinic. I would advise new patients to leverage the mental health services provided through the clinic. The weakness was the price. For the price I expected more individualized attention.... e received a "hardship" rate. If I remember correctly, the total, including medications was around $17,000.
2012
How was your experience with Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She was perfectly fine. I did not feel she was exceptional. I saw her only a handful of times in the entire time I was her patient. However, her treatment resulted in a successful pregnancy, so I have no complaints.
Be your own advocate and make your voice heard!
I received the care I hoped to receive, in that our treatment ended with a successful, viable pregnancy. However, I rarely saw the doctor herself and liaised mostly with nursing staff (who were great). In their defense, I did not request any special interaction, but was surprised to hear from other patients that they had regular contact with the doctor. In retrospect, I would have requested to speak with her more and feel more like a patient, rather than just a client.
As a patient with unexplained infertility, we tried cycles of clomid, followed by IUI. After unsuccessful IUI attempts, we tried IVF with a fresh, 5 day transfer. We were successful!
Overall, they were professional, compassionate and kind.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
It was a very professional, well-managed clinic. I would advise new patients to leverage the mental health services provided through the clinic. The weakness was the price. For the price I expected more individualized attention.
We received a "hardship" rate. If I remember correctly, the total, including medications was around $17,000.
She explained the difference well. We felt we were informed and prepared for the risks of the procedure we chose.

2017 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Nodler] definitly knows his stuff in the field and he knows how to communicate and make me feel at ease. ... He wanted me to do one at fresh but now that we have gone that route he definitly what's to put 2 in this time ... It has been a crazy rollercoaster with it all and every time I see him he makes me feel more hopeful that this next time will work. ... J felt like he was very invested in our treatment. I was my name and not just a hey you.
I love this clinic [Houston IVF]. I see alot of proof that there method works, with pictures if families everywhere. They welcome you with smiles and love and like they really want to help you. It's been a great feeling knowing they are an amazing supposed system for fanilies. ... She [nurse] has always been able to answer my questions In a timely manner. She has always been a shoulder and someone I can trust and go to when it comes to anything IVF. She has been Great supporter!
2017 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
He is an awesome doctor. He definitly knows his stuff in the field and he knows how to communicate and make me feel at ease. It has been a crazy rollercoaster with it all and every time I see him he makes me feel more hopeful that this next time will work.
Trust him. He knows what he is doing. He is a great doctor and I put my belief in him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amilia)
She has always been able to answer my questions In a timely manner. She has always been a shoulder and someone I can trust and go to when it comes to anything IVF. She has been Great supporter!
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I love this clinic. I see alot of proof that there method works, with pictures if families everywhere. They welcome you with smiles and love and like they really want to help you. It's been a great feeling knowing they are an amazing supposed system for fanilies.
families Treatment was 17,000 and then we had to pay for the meds and that was 3 to 4,000
Houston - Fannin
Honest and forthright. He [Dr. Timothy Hickman] answered all questions and explained the process almost to the point of over explaining (but I had done a lot of research prior to our first appointment). He called with results of the egg retrieval personally. Found out later that he has a tendency to always propose multiple embryo transfer if more than one viable embryo is available
[Houston IVF/CCRM Houston is] Organized and knowledgeable. Wonderful experience. There are multiple doctors and you will end up seeing all of them at one point in time or another so if continually seeing the same doctor is important to you that might be a weakness but I had no issue with it.... My appointments started on time and I was seen quickly. My nurse called me promptly with lab results and instructions when applicable.
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Honest and forthright. He answered all questions and explained the process almost to the point of over explaining (but I had done a lot of research prior to our first appointment). He called with results of the egg retrieval personally. Found out later that he has a tendency to always propose multiple embryo transfer if more than one viable embryo is available.
Everyone at the clinic was very welcoming. Dr. Hickman explained everything I needed to know and was responsive to any questions I had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Organized and efficient. My appointments started on time and I was seen quickly. My nurse called me promptly with lab results and instructions when applicable.
All in, egg retrieval and 1 transfer was about $17k
He tends to propose multiple embryo transfer. As I had never had a failed IVF cycle and knowing current success rates I might have chosen to only transfer one at a time.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Protocol with Dr. Timothy Hickman was] Start with Clomid and up to 3 IUIs. If unsuccessful move to IVF...He went out of his way for our consultation. He was very knowledgeable, honest but also kind and compassionate. He was able to answer questions I was having that another doctor had been wishy washy on...knows what he is doing. He is a very kind and willing to do whatever he can to get you a baby safely. He is a great doctor who stays up on the improvements and advances in artificial reproductive technology.
Cost for a single fresh IVF cycle here [at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF] was about $19,000. This did not include medication...Honestly they are great, the ONLY draw back was the cost. They seem to be higher than other clinics. But I think you get so much more patient care here. They certainly take special care of their patients...She [nurse] called me about 30 mins after my consultation with Dr Hickman to check in and let me know I could call her directly with any questions I have then or in the future...Dr Hickman knows what he is doing. He is a very kind and willing to do whatever he can to get you a baby safely. He is a great doctor who stays up on the improvements and advances in artificial reproductive t
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr Hickman knows what he is doing. He is a very kind and willing to do whatever he can to get you a baby safely. He is a great doctor who stays up on the improvements and advances in artificial reproductive technology.
Ask a lot of questions!
Start with Clomid and up to 3 IUIs. If unsuccessful move to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
She called me about 30 mins after my consultation with Dr Hickman to check in and let me know I could call her directly with any questions I have then or in the future.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Cost for a single fresh IVF cycle here was about $19,000. This did not include medication.