7.3

Houston, TX 77024
16545 SW Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77479
713.465.1211

[Protocol with Dr. Timothy Hickman was] Start with Clomid and up to 3 IUIs. If unsuccessful move to IVF...He went out of his way for our consultation. He was very knowledgeable, honest but also kind and compassionate. He was able to answer questions I was having that another doctor had been wishy washy on...knows what he is doing. He is a very kind and willing to do whatever he can to get you a baby safely. He is a great doctor who stays up on the improvements and advances in artificial reproductive technology.
Cost for a single fresh IVF cycle here [at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF] was about $19,000. This did not include medication...Honestly they are great, the ONLY draw back was the cost. They seem to be higher than other clinics. But I think you get so much more patient care here. They certainly take special care of their patients...She [nurse] called me about 30 mins after my consultation with Dr Hickman to check in and let me know I could call her directly with any questions I have then or in the future...Dr Hickman knows what he is doing. He is a very kind and willing to do whatever he can to get you a baby safely. He is a great doctor who stays up on the improvements and advances in artificial reproductive t
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr Hickman knows what he is doing. He is a very kind and willing to do whatever he can to get you a baby safely. He is a great doctor who stays up on the improvements and advances in artificial reproductive technology.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Ask a lot of questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Describe the protocols Timothy Hickman used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
Start with Clomid and up to 3 IUIs. If unsuccessful move to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
She called me about 30 mins after my consultation with Dr Hickman to check in and let me know I could call her directly with any questions I have then or in the future.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Cost for a single fresh IVF cycle here was about $19,000. This did not include medication.
Treated 2017
Dr. Nodler took the time to explain the process and go over our test results in detail so we knew what what was going on and what to expect for the future....Always be open, honest and ask as many questions as you can. He is very professional and personable and takes the time to answer all of your questions....We are still currently in the process of treatments as we recently had a failed IUI and are now starting our IVF treatment. So far, everything has gone smoothly and we have been well-informed on the process of IUI/IVF.
Only weakness I could see is that it's really hard to get a hold of a person [at Houston IVF], you have to always leave a message. They do respond back typically within a few hours so the wait time isn't too long...My insurance covered three rounds of IUI and one round of IVF. Currently do not know the final cost of IVF...Dr. Nodler took the time to explain the process and go over our test results in detail so we knew what what was going on and what to expect for the future.
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Only weakness I could see is that it's really hard to get a hold of a person, you have to always leave a message. They do respond back typically within a few hours so the wait time isn't too long.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Treated 2015
Dr McKenzie [at Houston IVF] was very caring and compassionate. She seemed like she strived for success with every patient and wanted to give everyone the best possible outcome....Don't be afraid to ask questions. You will see her every visit, but it will be short...Appointments were quick, but organized and stress free. Everything was "first come, for serve" for morning monitoring appointments....Erin was great at communicating wth me. I found it easiest to send her an email with any questions. She'd always respond within a couple of hours. She would also return phone calls, but due to both our work schedules, we'd often miss each other.
How was your experience with Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr McKenzie was very caring and compassionate. She seemed like she strived for success with every patient and wanted to give everyone the best possible outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She was very caring, definitely was sympathetic to our situation
Describe the protocols Laurie McKenzie used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
Birth control day 3 of cycle for ~3 weeks, lupron for 2 weeks, then 10 days if stims with Bravelle and Menopur. Fresh cycles were preferred at this clinic. 2 embryos were also recommended even for young, first-time IVFers
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Expensive
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
About $16000 for IVf, ICSI and anesthesia. Meds were separate.
Treated 2010 - 2012
If you are ready to give up, she [Dr. McKenzie] is worth seeing for a second (or third) opinion...She let us know what she thought had gone wrong in the past and what she would do differently to help us become parents. She called us personally when our twins were born prematurely.
I appreciated having a go to nurse [at Houston IVF]. The nurse was reasonably accessible and prompt with results...I was very impressed that Dr. McKenzie, or one of the other two doctors in the practice, took care of all ultrasounds. In the past, I had only been given ultrasounds by a technician.
How was your experience with Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
If you are ready to give up, she is worth seeing for a second (or third) opinion. She is very understanding and her lab has the best results in town. As she told me, the majority of the credit in IVF success goes to the lab.
She understood our urgency for a baby. She had been through IVF herself as the patient. She let us know what she thought had gone wrong in the past and what she would do differently to help us become parents. She called us personally when our twins were born prematurely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I appreciated having a go to nurse. The nurse was reasonably accessible and prompt with results.
Treated 2017
Give her [Dr. Katherine McKnight] the time and confidence. She will hug you and cry with you but has your best interest at heart.... She was very kind and very patient. That’s what I needed. And I cried on our last appointment. She is the best! CJ and Tiffany were so special too. This business has got to be hard but ehh made it so amazing.... Dr. McKnight was amazing through the whole process.
The clinic [Houston IVF/CCRM Houston] was patient and friendly. They always knew my name and remembered me. I was so sad to leave. Though I was so happy and thrilled to be pregnant. Dr. McKnight was amazing through the whole process... They always new my name and we’re so patient. I also enjoyed the hugs I received!... Give her the time and confidence. She will hug you and cry with you but has your best interest at heart.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The clinic was patient and friendly. They always knew my name and remembered me. I was so sad to leave. Though I was so happy and thrilled to be pregnant. Dr. McKnight was amazing through the whole process.
Houston - Fannin

Dr. McKenzie is kind, compassionate, intelligent, and thorough in her approach to fertility treatments. After each cycle we felt she reevaluated our case and adjusted the course of treatment accordingly. She provides a caring bedside manner while also being relentless in her search for answers and solutions.
How was your experience with Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Take advantage of her vast experience and knowledge!
Dr. McKenzie is warm and yet extremely informative - she is the best of both. She analyzed our situation, clearly communicated her analysis, and gave her opinion on next steps while providing her reasoning, which made my husband and I feel like she was in the trenches with us. Dr. McKenzie is a kind and caring person and her bedside manner reflects those qualities.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Davis)
Sarah Davis was caring, organized, and proactive. She made us feel like people and not just one more fertility case.
Treated 2007 - 2010
She [Dr McKenzie] knew us as a couple and individually. She visited with us after some appointments....Be prepared to try a variety of treatments and plan to be very compliant with her recommendations. They adjust treatment as they review blood test results.
[Houston IVF's clinic was] pleasant. Not too crowded. On time. Thorough. They have their own lab which is helpful. [The staff was] friendly warm enjoyable to see.
How was your experience with Laurie McKenzie at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She was good at explaining the process and the options. Like the Hair Club for men, she is also a client.
She knew us as a couple and individually. She visited with us after some appointments.
I had not tried any assistance before being treated by her and Dr Hickman. I did Clomid for a couple months, one IUI, then one IVF that was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Friendly warm enjoyable to see.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Pleasant. Not too crowded. On time. Thorough. They have their own lab which is helpful.
Other than diagnostic work we paid out of pocket.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I've found Dr. Nodler is always happy to provide more information or explain his thought process...I have a high AMH and was prescribed clomid only (no injectables). Monitoring was overseen by Dr. Nodler, but the actual IUI was performed by the nurses...smart, kind and strikes the right balance of setting realistic expectations but also providing hope. He has good attention to detail and really seems to care about his patients' outcomes. I like that he practices evidence based medicine, but this means his protocols/approach may sometimes feel less holistic (not a lot of time spent discussing supplements and other TBD ART supports)
I have interacted with all 4 REIs [at and believe they are all very skilled and up-to-date physicians who care about their patients... I had better than expected outcomes (100% fertilization of mature eggs 13/13 and good blastocyst rate 9/13, 70%). I wish they paid as much detail to patients' IUI cycles as they do IVF, but understand that IUI is a much less controlled and lower cost procedure, so it makes sense that IVF cycles are prioritized. That said, if someone's goal is to conceive via IUI and to really avoid moving on to IVF, this may not be the clinic for you.
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. Nodler is smart, kind and strikes the right balance of setting realistic expectations but also providing hope. He has good attention to detail and really seems to care about his patients' outcomes. I like that he practices evidence based medicine, but this means his protocols/approach may sometimes feel less holistic (not a lot of time spent discussing supplements and other TBD ART supports). I thankfully haven't had any major disappointments to date, so can't comment on how he might adjust/personalize protocols in the event of disappointing outcomes.
Ask questions and share any concerns you have- I've found Dr. Nodler is always happy to provide more information or explain his thought process.
Dr. Nodler and his nursing staff (Amelia and Erin) have all been warm, available and encouraging to date. I like to know exactly what's going on at each step of the process and they always seem happy to answer my questions. I am also prone to negativity and Dr. Nodler and Amelia have been so kind- they are realistic but offer regular reassurance where it is due.
Describe the protocols James Nodler used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
IUI was really managed by the nurses. I have a high AMH and was prescribed clomid only (no injectables). Monitoring was overseen by Dr. Nodler, but the actual IUI was performed by the nurses. I had a different nurse each time, and no specific point person if I had questions during the cycle (just had to call the nurse line). I didn't feel like IUI cycles were a priority for this clinic. My experience was totally different once we moved on to IVF. IVF patients are assigned a specific nurse and this makes communication much easier. Monitoring ultrasounds were done by Dr. Nolder (or the REI covering for him if he was not available). I was prescribed gonal-f (150), menopur (150) and cetrotide. I responded well to meds and my protocol did not need to be adjusted. I did a dual trigger with lurpon to avoid OHSS. We did ICSI as that is standard for my clinic (and as we used frozen donor sperm). We retrieved 16 eggs, 13 mature, 13 fertilized, 9 day 5/6 blasts, 4/9 normal CCS/PGS results. Recovery from the egg retrieval was easy and fast. Our first FET cycle is currently in process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amelia)
Amelia is smart and responsive. I do think she is a very busy person, and I sometimes felt bad asking extra questions, but she always responded to me same day. I found emailing her was sometimes easier than playing phone tag.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Houston IVF/ CCRM-Houston may be a bit more expensive than other clinics in the area but I think it is worth the costs. I have interacted with all 4 REIs and believe they are all very skilled and up-to-date physicians who care about their patients. I also think the lab is superior to many other clinics in Houston. I had better than expected outcomes (100% fertilization of mature eggs 13/13 and good blastocyst rate 9/13, 70%). I wish they paid as much detail to patients' IUI cycles as they do IVF, but understand that IUI is a much less controlled and lower cost procedure, so it makes sense that IVF cycles are prioritized. That said, if someone's goal is to conceive via IUI and to really avoid moving on to IVF, this may not be the clinic for you. To summarize: smart and personable REIs and nurses, a great lab and a comfortable and convenient physical space (I used both the med center and memorial city locations).
IUI: $1,300 per cycle (including all monitoring) IVF (PGS with FET): $20,630 (included all monitoring, CCS/PGS and first FET), NOT including medications
Describe James Nodler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I personally feel very strongly about eSET and Dr. Nolder was aware of this from the beginning so multiple embryo transfer was never a conversation we had. I do believe this clinic does more multiple embryo transfers than is ideal because they are quick to honor patient wishes and I think many patients ask for multiple embryo transfer.
Houston - Gessner
[Dr. Timothy Hickman] became very rude and agitated when we asked questions about transferring multiple embryos. He refused to answer questions on this topic...has the worst bedside manner I’ve ever encountered...His explanation was simply that I was “over 30.” Even though he initially acted like this was not an issue. He took no time to help us understand our results or how my endometriosis could have impacted those results. While still under his care we went to another doctor to have her explain why she thought we would have gotten poorer than average results. It was extremely disappointing, as we stuck with Hickman despite his rudeness because we thought he would have been knowledgeable based on his background. Hickman was not knowledgeable in our corcimstances, not compassionate, and is one of the worst doctors I have ever encountered.
our nurse forgot to order some of our retrieval medication [at CCRM Houston]...I think the sole strength of this clinic is the ease of scheduling monitoring appointments. Basically every other aspect of our experience at CCRM was extremely difficult. They will ignore you and refuse to answer questions. We were shocked that they were so unprofessional...I feel like any average doctor could would have recommended the same [protocol], with the exception of embryo testing.
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
If you are over thirty, avoid Hickman at all costs. If you want a compassionate doctor with your best interests in mind, avoid Hickman at all costs. Hickman refused to answer questions and was rude during our first appointment. Hickman was callous and rude when we were disappointed with the number of normal embryos we got after testing (not to mention that we were both under 35, do testing typically isn’t even recommended). His explanation was simply that I was “over 30.” Even though he initially acted like this was not an issue. He took no time to help us understand our results or how my endometriosis could have impacted those results. While still under his care we went to another doctor to have her explain why she thought we would have gotten poorer than average results. It was extremely disappointing, as we stuck with Hickman despite his rudeness because we thought he would have been knowledgeable based on his background. Hickman was not knowledgeable in our corcimstances, not compassionate, and is one of the worst doctors I have ever encountered.
Go elsewhere. There are numerous compassionate doctors in the Houston area who are also better from a clinical standpoint. There is no need to suffer through such a difficult medical condition with someone completely lacking compassion.
Hickman has the worst bedside manner I’ve ever encountered. I felt like he was only interested in our money.
Nothing special. I feel like any average doctor could would have recommended the same, with the exception of embryo testing.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Our nurse forgot to order some of our medication, and we had to order last minute.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Describe Timothy Hickman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Hickman became very rude and agitated when we asked questions about transferring multiple embryos. He refused to answer questions on this topic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
As previously stated, our nurse forgot to order some of our retrieval medication.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Microdose Lupron protocol [with Dr. Nodler] - no embryos to freeze. Immediately followed by antagonist protocol with 3 Pgs tested embryos to freeze. Had 3 failed fets. 2 eras and a receptiva test...It would have been nice to hear from my doc personally after retrievals, transfers etc as a check in...he isn’t willing to implement interventions that aren’t well studied or proven...was always Courteous and friendly. He took the time to listen and gave thoughtful responses to all our queries...We didn’t have success with Dr Nodler but we would recommend him 10/10.
the clinic [CCRM Houston/Houston IVF] didn’t pester you for money...You are made to feel valued as a patient as opposed to a number. This doesn’t have a factory feel to it...Microdose Lupron protocol - no embryos to freeze. Immediately followed by antagonist protocol with 3 Pgs tested embryos to freeze. Had 3 failed fets. 2 eras and a receptiva test...Very compassionate nurses. Not as organized as other clinics. Primarily work over email as opposed to the web based applications other clinics have. Very, very, very nice nurses but not as organized as I would like
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
We didn’t have success with Dr Nodler but we would recommend him 10/10. He is intelligent, up to date, and runs a very strict evidence based practice. He definitely does not treat you like a Guinea pig. That being said, he isn’t willing to implement interventions that aren’t well studied or proven... but I definitely prefer this science based approach to the experimental (and frankly, cavalier) approach seen at many other area clinics
I would follow his recommendations. He is well aware of the data and will guide you accordingly. If you are wanting something experimental or way outside the normal confines of ivf treatment, I would suggest going elsewhere. In Houston- he is definitely the doc I recommend
Dr Nodler was always Courteous and friendly. He took the time to listen and gave thoughtful responses to all our queries
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
You get to see dr nodler daily if you go to the Med center location. They do not haggle you for money though the finance dept is that organized. You are made to feel valued as a patient as opposed to a number. This doesn’t have a factory feel to it
I went in the afternoon Bc if my work schedule. The clinic was very accommodating with this
Don’t remember but the clinic didn’t pester you for money
Yes. Dr nodler subscribes fo eSet which I think is the right thing to do.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I had one botched era due to “too large sample”. That was an honest mistake and I do not blame the clinic at all. It would have been nice to hear from my doc personally after retrievals, transfers etc as a check in
Houston - Gessner
Dr. McKnight did the screening on our third donor and approved - she monitored her cycle (out of state) and did her egg retrieval (23 eggs!). She then did the ICSI and we had 13 viable embryos (12 PGS tested and 1 we fresh transferred)...I was given plenty of information to make the decision to transfer either 1 or 2 embryos...always listened to my concerns and was supportive, even when giving me difficult news. I always felt like I was her only patient. She would spend as much time with me as needed and answered emails promptly.
[Houston IVF has] multiple locations, but we chose the one furthest from us (1.5 hours) because I wanted to work specifically with Dr. McKnight. Wait time was always brief, there was easy parking, and the staff is very friendly...Dr. McKnight helped us to pivot to use a donor to help us concieve. Dr. McKnight helped us choose the right donor for us and performed the retrieval for our donor. She also did the FET that resulted in our current pregnancy (38 weeks and all looks good). This process is tough, but it was easier having Dr. McKnight in our corner. There is no other doctor I trust more than Dr. McKnight.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
We did our third round of IVF with my own eggs with her - she had modified the protocol from a previous RE. From those outcomes, Dr. McKnight helped us to pivot to use a donor to help us concieve. Dr. McKnight helped us choose the right donor for us and performed the retrieval for our donor. She also did the FET that resulted in our current pregnancy (38 weeks and all looks good). This process is tough, but it was easier having Dr. McKnight in our corner. There is no other doctor I trust more than Dr. McKnight.
If you are on the fence of using Dr. Mcknight or using a less expensive clinic, I would recommend going straight to Dr. McKnight. We wasted time and money at a less expensive clinic - it just led to heartache and 4 long years of trying to concieve. Pick and use the best first, don't make the same mistake I did. Also, you'll love Dr. McKnight!
Dr. McKnight always listened to my concerns and was supportive, even when giving me difficult news. I always felt like I was her only patient. She would spend as much time with me as needed and answered emails promptly.
Describe the protocols Katherine McKnight used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
Prior to coming to Dr. McKnight I had two IVF cycles that both resulted in plenty of eggs and 1-2 low quality embryos. She tried one more round with my own eggs with a day 3 transfer to minimize time in a test tube as this can negatively affect some embryos. We did not get pregnant with this third round of IVF and she helped me emotionally make the shift to trying using donor eggs (as she had diagnosed me with poor egg quality - a diagnosis only given after many failed IVF attempts). Dr. McKnight did the medical screening for one of our donors and found her to be of low ovarian reserve and recommended we did not use her - we followed her advice. Our next donor had a cycle before us that resulted in plenty of eggs but none that turned into viable embryos - she once again recommended we look to find a different donor. Dr. McKnight did the screening on our third donor and approved - she monitored her cycle (out of state) and did her egg retrieval (23 eggs!). She then did the ICSI and we had 13 viable embryos (12 PGS tested and 1 we fresh transferred). A partner in the clinic transferred our first embryo (fresh transfer) which resulted in a pregnancy that ended in miscarriage just shy of 10 weeks; it was determined to be a chromosomal abnormality that could not be found through PGS testing. Dr. McKnight did our second transfer, we are currently 38 weeks pregnant and healthy as can be.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
We chose this clinic becuse they have the best success rates in the greater Houston Area. They have multiple locations, but we chose the one furthest from us (1.5 hours) because I wanted to work specifically with Dr. McKnight. Wait time was always brief, there was easy parking, and the staff is very friendly.
Describe Katherine McKnight's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Houston - Gessner
Dr. Hickman seemed to be very knowledgeable and sensitive at the same time. He explained our options without imposing an specific course of treatment. He also detailed his rationale for each treatment option and let us free to decide which and when. I feel pretty confident I found the right doctor for me and may return if needed in the future.
The clinic is a peaceful environment. It seems to be a lack of coordination regarding lab results and it's a little complicated to access your your information (currently there are 2 portals, not very clear or integrated). Staff has been partially helpful with orientation, and financial office is a mess. ... For the IVF I had a different nurse, much nicer. She was a great communicator, even though she seemed a bit disorganized at times. In my first round, I was very overwhelmed by the medication administration and feel that even though she tried to explain them in a simple way, it was all gibberish for me and I did not feel she could get how hard that was. At that time, it made me feel they did not care about me as a person, only my bloodwork numbers.
Trust his experience.
Before consulting Dr. Hickman I had many biases against using reproductive assisted technology and had experienced patronizing behavior from other medical doctors which I disliked. Dr. Hickman treated us with respect and explained his hypothesis in clear terms, in a humble manner and with regard for our concerns.
Because ours was a case of "unexplained infertility", Dr. Hickman strategy was to begin from the less invasive procedures and gradually move towards the more complex procedures. Both me and my husband have been tested and already identified a slight but important alteration in my thyroid which I already begun treating. After assuring that eggs, sperm, fallopian tubes and uterine cavity are fine, next step was a cycle of Clomid and IUI. We also chose to do a genetic screening which was really helpful to decide that trying IUI was still a viable option. However, our first IUI failed and based on lower odds of success - specially because of the recently diagnosed endometriosis, Dr. Hickman suggested we should go change strategies and try IVF. It took us some time to decide and trust him in this journey. The first stage was the hardest, understanding and managing the medication was emotionally overwhelming. Thankfully, my body responded well and by retrieval we've got 18 eggs. About 16 fertilized and 8 survived the first week to become embryos. From the 8 embryos, 4 were correct, 1 uncertain and 3 incorrect. Great results paid off the, so far, most terrifying thing I've ever faced. As recommended by Dr. Hickman, we opted for a frozen embryo transfer and postponed the transfer to 3 months after we returned from a trip to South America (CDC recommended due to Zika threats at the time). The pause allowed my body to recover well. As I prepared to the transfer, my body responded well again to the medication. Our first transfer was done with one single embryo, the one that looked the strongest and with more chances of success. Dr. Hickman was very confident and said we had a 70% chances of success. Unfortunately, the transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Dr. Hickman did not know exactly what went wrong but explained that IVF is never guaranteed, and everything indeed looked promising. He also encouraged us to take our time and if we decided to try again, he still believed in the same odds as we had other strong embryos available. I was heartbroken and needed a couple months to process the experience and gather courage and hope to try again. We planned the dates carefully to make sure we would be relaxed and calm during the 6 weeks prep to transfer... it paid off! For this second attempt at transfer, Dr. Hickman did not change any protocol but I changed pharmacies, just in case, and increased my self-care. Knowing what to expect was very reassuring and gave me strength this time around. Our second transfer developed into a healthy pregnancy, now on its course. Dr. Hickman always kept his bedside manners and even though our contact was always brief, he seemed genuinely interested in helping us achieve our desired pregnancy. For those who are wondering why they can't get pregnant and have not found any answer yet, I highly recommend talking to him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Holy Davis)
I had one nurse assigned for the IUI. She seemed knowledgeable but was always in a rush, acting with less warmth that I would like. For the IVF I had a different nurse, much nicer. She was a great communicator, even though she seemed a bit disorganized at times. In my first round, I was very overwhelmed by the medication administration and feel that even though she tried to explain them in a simple way, it was all gibberish for me and I did not feel she could get how hard that was. At that time, it made me feel they did not care about me as a person, only my bloodwork numbers. I did a lot of research on my own, discovered techniques to apply injections less painfully and other things I felt they should have offered me since they know about them more than I do and the treatment is very expensive! Nevertheless, everything she said would happen regarding dosage and bloodwork happened exactly as she said, so I had to acknowledge that. On my second attempt, I feel my nurse and I were already in better terms.We already knew each other (the clinic is so busy that I understand they can't be close to everyone), I felt more confident about administering the medication, and fundamentally, trusted her. She always returned my calls and explained every single question with patience. I definitely appreciate her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The initial visit, lab tests, medication I needed for thyroid and genetic counseling, with our insurance, have been under $1,000. Our insurance however does not cover much more than diagnosis. For Clomid and one cycle of IUI it was about $2,000. For the IVF including freezing embryos for a year, one transfer, and medication it was about $ 30,000. Second transfer was about $5-6,000 - not sure anymore.
We've done single embryo transfer because of my good chances of getting pregnant on the first attempts. Even though my first transfer failed and let me wondering if it was the best decision, I still agree that it was the best approach for my family at this moment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Neither my husband or I could ever see our bloodwork results online. We also had lots of trouble getting a descriptive receipt to justify our spends on the HSA card. Non-returned calls or e-mails. Receptionist at checkout not very helpful or friendly - in contrast with medical staff.
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. McKnight] did do my FET, which I appreciated. But she was not the one that called me with the negative news. My preference is for my doctor to communicate with me at all big milestones. It feels as if she may be too busy and delegates all communication to the nurse...When I do talk to her, she is warm and encouraging. But she has missed a few key communication steps with me. And one time I felt like she got impatient with all of my questions.
I was seeking a second opinion on a genetic mutation. It took 4 different tries to get my chart provided to the other clinic [from CCRM Houston]...You were in and out quickly [for monitoring]. Very organized...Strength: easy to get appointments, always get a call back that same day with results and answers...Negative: can sometimes feel like a number. Not all nurses are that professional.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
For the most part, I like Dr. McKnight. When I do talk to her, she is warm and encouraging. But she has missed a few key communication steps with me. And one time I felt like she got impatient with all of my questions.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. From the first appointment, tell her your communication preferences.
I appreciated that Dr. McKnight would be the one to do all of my scans during IVF, but she did not do my retrieval because of the day I was ready (there are 4 doctors in the clinic and they rotate days). I would have hoped she would have made a personal communication with me after the results of my retrieval were known, but she did not. She did do my FET, which I appreciated. But she was not the one that called me with the negative news. My preference is for my doctor to communicate with me at all big milestones. It feels as if she may be too busy and delegates all communication to the nurse.
Standard IUI: first cycle on chlomid but switched to femara when my lining did not thicken up. For egg retrieval: 225 IUs of tonal-F daily, 2 menopur daily, Lupron, and HCG. For FET: estrogen patches, PIO injections, and progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Davis and Judy Geroux)
Sarah Davis was pretty good for our IUI treatment. The only negative was she would go on vacation a lot and never tell us. Sometimes she would be gone on really important days like trigger day. It would be nice to know in advance if we will be talking to someone different. Judy Geroux was did not meet my satisfaction during IVF. She was very informative and responsive, but not very friendly. Sometimes she would talking down to me when I asked questions. And she was not compassionate at all when delivering our negative FET results.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Strength: easy to get appointments, always get a call back that same day with results and answers. Organized. They have their process down. Love the flembologists. Negative: can sometimes feel like a number. Not all nurses are that professional.
All were done in the morning. You were in and out quickly. Very organized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Insurance covered a lot of it. I had all diagnostics covered, all IUIs covered, and $5k towards IVF. I paid out of pocket for PGS and medications. But for my future FETs, it will all be out of pocket.
We had 3, 5AA embryos that are genetically normal. I had a history of good lining response. Doctor gave us a 70% chance with just one embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Once I was seeking a second opinion on a genetic mutation. It took 4 different tries to get my chart provided to the other clinic.
Treated 2017 - 2018
[CCRM Houston is] Very clean and professional. A huge benefit is that they take early appointments, at 7 or 7:30 (I can’t remember the earliest), so I wasn’t really late going to work. They also do a great job of getting you in and out quickly on the days of just blood work or ultrasounds. The waiting room is comfortable and all staff are very welcoming.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She was upfront in her communication, but also extremely encouraging and sympathetic. IVF is trying and emotional, and she was very supportive and uplifting throughout the process. We had 2 miscarriages and we just delivered a healthy baby boy a month ago!
Write down your questions ahead of time, as you’ll likely forget them at the appointments.
She really cared about us and met with us to answer all questions, before IVF, as well as after each failed attempt to determine our next course of action. She was amazing!
My husband had a vasectomy years ago and recently had it reversed. The reversal was successful, in that there was sperm flow, it just wasn’t as strong as we had hoped. Since I was mid-30s and my husband in his mid-40s, we wanted to get pregnant quickly. Dr. McKnight reviewed our tests and recommended IVF as our best course of action. We discussed doing IUI as well, as it is less invasive and less expensive; Dr. McKnight was supportive of us trying IUI as well, but we ultimately went with IVF as the success rates are much higher and we didn’t want to waste any time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Judy Gerow)
The nursing staff was fantastic. Over the course of our three IVF cycles, I became close with several of the nurses there, and even emailed my nurse with questions during my pregnancy, after we had technically graduated from the IVF clinic.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I honestly don’t remember the exact numbers; my insurance covers IVF up to a lifetime max of $25 M.
We discussed transferring either 1 or 2 embryos each cycle; given my age and health, Dr. McKnight would only transfer a maximum of 2 embryos each cycle, but left it up to us if we wanted to implant 1 or 2.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
My doctor, Dr. McKnight, was out of the office during my first embryo implant. We had decided on 2 embryos, along with Dr. McKnight’s recommendation - but right before the implant, the doctor performing the procedure wrote up everything for only 1 embryo. When we pointed out the error, he came in to try to talk us into only transferring 1, in order to avoid a higher risk of multiples. In the end, he allowed us to transfer 2 as planned.

Investment Banker
He [Dr. Hickman] was caring during consultation. During treatments he barely even looked at me, no time to ask him questions. After negative pregnancy test during follow up, he made me feel like it was all my fault and had poor quality eggs....He needs to show more compassion, not just throw his hands in the air when it didn’t work or tell us that egg donors and adoption are also ways to have s family. We have no children, we wanted to experience childbirth. He had no advice on improving egg quality, just said that it doesn’t work.
Desk staff [IVF Houston] is rude, never wanted to give receipts, list my payment when we paid for anesthesia in cash! Needs improvement all around! They do have a financial consultant whom was awesome. She let me know if employers that offer insurance coverage that covers IVF! She was very transparent....I feel like something occurred in lab. Egg retrievel was on Friday, weekend lab was ran by a skeleton crew. Honestly, we do feel something went wrong. Our transfer days were off, and say of transfer, they did another patient before me that arrived way after I did
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
He needs to show more compassion, not just throw his hands in the air when it didn’t work or tell us that egg donors and adoption are also ways to have s family. We have no children, we wanted to experience childbirth. He had no advice on improving egg quality, just said that it doesn’t work. Some other clinics have treatments that DO work.
Do your research, make him answer your questions.
He was caring during consultation. During treatments he barely even looked at me, no time to ask him questions. After negative pregnancy test during follow up, he made me feel like it was all my fault and had poor quality eggs. There were sooo many problems we had during our cycle that were clinics fault.
Lipton, Menopur, Bravelle, it was his most aggressive protocol, I responded perfectly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Judy)
She was great, relaying messages were not good. We drove 2 1/2 hours for s Transfer, she never let us know instead of doing a 3 day, we’re doing a 5 day since embryos were doing so good.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Desk staff is rude, never wanted to give receipts, list my payment when we paid for anesthesia in cash! Needs improvement all around! They do have a financial consultant whom was awesome. She let me know if employers that offer insurance coverage that covers IVF! She was very transparent.
We spent about 22,000 total
He made the decision to transfer 3, feel he knew we had no chance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I feel like something occurred in lab. Egg retrievel was on Friday, weekend lab was ran by a skeleton crew. Honestly, we do feel something went wrong. Our transfer days were off, and say of transfer, they did another patient before me that arrived way after I did. You could tell the tone of workers and atmosphere was as if something wrong was happening. After transfer, Dr. Hickman got up and said, Well, let’s hope it works, and walked out.
Houston - Gessner

Dr. Hickman was knowledgeable, empathetic, clear, caring and reputable. I do wish I would have seen him more. I only saw him during the consult and his nursing team took over from there. The nurses were great, no problems at all. I just wish Dr. Hickman had a little more presence. ... IUI with Clomid. Called first day of period. Did ultrasound at Day 3. Took Clomid for 3 days. Did trigger injection day before procedure. Did ultrasound and sperm washing day of procedure.
The clinic [CCRM Houston] is great. A peaceful setting. Bloodwork in house. The doctor and nurses were great. My insurance does not cover fertility treatments so they are expensive. IUI without insurance was $1300 not including medication and other requested medical tests like HSG. IVF without insurance is around $18000 without medicines
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
If your doing an IUI, be prepared to only meet the doc once in the beginning. Have any questions you want answered by him ready for the consult. The nursing team is great and knowledgeable as well.
Very kind during consult. Extremely knowledgeable and explained options clearly. Nursing team was great, also very kind. Never felt like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Communication was great. She explained everything thoroughly and clearly.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The clinic is great. A peaceful setting. Bloodwork in house. The doctor and nurses were great. My insurance does not cover fertility treatments so they are expensive. IUI without insurance was $1300 not including medication and other requested medical tests like HSG. IVF without insurance is around $18000 without medicines
IUI without insurance coverage was $1300 + medicines & medical tests. IVF without insurance coverage was $18000+ $4000-$7000 for medicines.
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. McKnight] explained all options and risks in a way we understood. She was encouraging and positive every visit and even after our failed attempts. ... I was glad that my Dr. was present most of the time and how encouraging she was. ... She knew from the beginning we would like to transfer 2. She didn’t love it but respected our wishes and told us the risks.
The facility [Houston IVF] is very nice and clean. They greeted you every time you signed in and the wait was never too long. ... It [monitoring] was busy but they ran it well and I was never there long! ... Sarah was an amazing nurse when doing our IUI’s. ... IUI’s $1500 each. We did 3 and medicine was about $200 each time. Our IvF was 15k and about 5k for medicine. The frozen transfer was $4500 and $1500-$2000 for medicine
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She explained all options and risks in a way we understood. She was encouraging and positive every visit and even after our failed attempts. She really was there 98% of the time. Unfortunately my fresh transfer she was at the other location but I know they have their schedules.
Don’t be afraid to ask all the questions!
She was present 98% of the time and was always kind and encouraging!
Endometrim Follistim Menopur Ganirelix Pregnyl Dexamethasome Estradiol Methyl prednisolone Azithromycin Leuprolide
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany Fipps)
She was always kind and always answered my emails promptly.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The facility is very nice and clean. They greeted you every time you signed in and the wait was never too long. Sarah was an amazing nurse when doing our IUI’s. I was glad that my Dr. was present most of the time and how encouraging she was.
It was busy but they ran it well and I was never there long!
Treated 2017
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Hickman never diverted from his protocol. Both of our transfers ended in the same result, but he still did not change the treatment for the subsequent transfers. ... He did do every ultrasound on his own. ... He preferred to do a single embryo transfer for my first transfer. Since it resulted in a chemical pregnancy, he transferred two embryos on the second transfer. ... For the fresh, I took menopur, follistim, ganirelix, and a HCG trigger. For the frozen, I had to take the progesterone suppositories and estrogen patches. ...
Clinic [Houston IVF] was nice and large. It has one central location where they perform everything. They do not have any other locations. This includes all bloodwork, ultrasounds and any procedures. The front staff is very friendly. ... Tiffany [nurse] was nice enough but didn’t have much knowledge and was unable to answer many of my questions. ... He [Dr. Hickman] preferred to do a single embryo transfer for my first transfer. Since it resulted in a chemical pregnancy, he transferred two embryos on the second transfer.
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
I personally had a poor experience with Dr. Hickman. He would not divert from protocol even if my body required it. Every person has individual and unique needs which should be treated accordingly. He did do every ultrasound on his own.
Verbalize your needs and concerns.
Dr. Hickman followed a strict protocol for both fresh and frozen transfers. For the fresh, I took menopur, follistim, ganirelix, and a HCG trigger. For the frozen, I had to take the progesterone suppositories and estrogen patches.
Tiffany was nice enough but didn’t have much knowledge and was unable to answer many of my questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Clinic was nice and large. It has one central location where they perform everything. They do not have any other locations. This includes all bloodwork, ultrasounds and any procedures. The front staff is very friendly.
I do not recall.
He preferred to do a single embryo transfer for my first transfer. Since it resulted in a chemical pregnancy, he transferred two embryos on the second transfer. This also produced the same result.
Treated 2016
She [Dr. Katherine McKnight] was very kind and understanding. When it came to having to do the dnc she was there and performed it herself which made it 100% easier...She really cares about her patients. I really felt like she understood what I was going through every step of the way. I did my first IVF cycle with her and even though it didn’t result in a live birth I would still recommend her. I switched clinics only because of the cost not the doctor
The phlebotomists [at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF] were great! They really made it feel easy and I am a chicken when it comes to needles. They are very organized. I liked that a doctor does the ultrasounds here. Some clinics have nurses not ultrasound techs do their ultrasounds and it can be misleading...She [Dr. Katherine McKnight] was very kind and understanding. When it came to having to do the dnc she was there and performed it herself which made it 100% easier...She really cares about her patients.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Do your research on financing
She was very kind and understanding. When it came to having to do the dnc she was there and performed it herself which made it 100% easier
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The phlebotomists were great! They really made it feel easy and I am a chicken when it comes to needles. They are very organized. I liked that a doctor does the ultrasounds here. Some clinics have nurses not ultrasound techs do their ultrasounds and it can be misleading.
I spent overall meds included around 24k
Treated 2015 - 2018
He [Dr. Timothy Hickman] dedicated a lot of time explaining me well my not so common sindrome. My case was super wired and he was able to manage it as it was something common. Each time I will need more explanation he will contact his nurse and give me a call to explain well..... Strenghts: - smart - patience - have lots of knowledge - always know the last technologies and ways of doing procedures - take his time explaining -gives hope - tell the truth Weakness: - At some point of the Ivf there was a confusion because my anatomy is different from the rest. My ovaries where much up than usual ( difficult to know to every single doctor). We learn that in my sindrome case is better to do some other tests before ivf like Testosterone. But this was not dr fault. This was a one in a million cases. Think I was his jumber 1 case like this. But he overcome ir perfectly and now I have one baby with me. No real weakness.
[CCRM Houston is] Clean, efficient, effective, easy process, easy admission , nice clean flow since you enter and you leave. Super hiper well organized. Impressive for a lot of people that I have recomend this doctor and they went..... Nurse staff in the physical location amazing!! But the nurses in charge of patiences dont know wht but have left the mayority hat were working with me the last year and now is difficult to communicate with rhem because all of them are gone. Maybe i just need to go again physical and claim for a new new nurse. Have not been there since the last transfer . 1 year ago.
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Get all your results from the other clinic and go visit asap dr hickman! He will tell you the truth and will tell you your proplbabilities of conceiving and your real options.
He dedicated a lot of time explaining me well my not so common sindrome. My case was super wired and he was able to manage it as it was something common. Each time I will need more explanation he will contact his nurse and give me a call to explain well.
Blastocysts at day 3-4 ( 50% more of chance to have good embrios) Blood test exams every single 3 days on the last weeks of ivf to see the hcg ( estrogen and testosterone increasing or decresing) 6 weeks. 2 birth control pill and 4 belly hormines injections . Plus one trigger before retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Gibbs )
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Aprox. 28,000$ All ivf process. 4000 medications for ivf to me 4000 for my surrogate estimulation 4000 second time surrogate estimulation 2000 transfer numer 1 2000 transfer numer 2
Multiple is much better. You always have better probabilities to have just ONE if you put two than having 2. And when you put just one your pribabilities decreese to less than 30% of success. If you put 2 I think it goes up to 45-50%. And always better to do pgs. This process is so tought , long and pricey that is important to know if your embrios are 100% healthy.
Houston - Gessner
Dr. McKnight was both warm and blunt. I appreciated her candor while still taking the time to give me a hug....Of our many countless visits we really only saw Dr. McKnight three times, but she was definitely great when we did get to see her.... Make sure you specifically request to see the DOCTOR when you want to meet with her.... Based on my extremely low AMH and borderline FSH, the plan Dr. McKnight put in place was an aggressive IVF regimen.
The facility [Houston IVF] is clean and professional. The nursing staff as a whole needs to better communicate to patients. They need to explain follow-up appointments, IVF protocols, and why your protocol was selected and tailored to you. Ultrasound technicians here need a LOT of work. If you are inside of me and probing my most intimate spaces, please at least explain what you are seeing and let me know that the doctor will provide further detail or a diagnosis.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
When I was with Dr. McKnight, I was very pleased with her manner. She took the time to answer our questions, although we were so confused and uninformed in the beginning of our infertility whirlwind that this time didn't amount to much. Of our many countless visits we really only saw Dr. McKnight three times, but she was definitely great when we did get to see her.
Make sure you specifically request to see the DOCTOR when you want to meet with her. There were a handful of visits where we expected Dr. McKnight to be there and it was just a nurse. Perhaps this is standard practice, but we didn't know and we felt let down. Other than that, I would just say to prepare questions so that the time you do get with McKnight is as effective and useful as possible. She will be candid and kind in my experience.
Dr. McKnight was both warm and blunt. I appreciated her candor while still taking the time to give me a hug. She also would give me the doctor perspective, but then tell me "if I was your sister, I'd say....". It was the perfect balance.
Based on my extremely low AMH and borderline FSH, the plan Dr. McKnight put in place was an aggressive IVF regimen. The first round began with birth control pill suppression followed by a mix of high dose gonadotropins and microdose lupron. My trigger would have been HCG followed by retrieval, ICSI and comprehensive chromosome screening on all embryos. Unfortunately, my body did not respond to the meds, my estradiol stayed undetectable and I didn't even make it to trigger. A week or so after this failure I had a random follicle growing and an estradiol spike on NO medication. I was thrilled and rushed into another mini round of IVF with virtually the same protocol and tried to save the few follicles that were growing. I did my HCG trigger, but the day before my retrieval showed that my estrogen levels came crashing back down. Dr. McKnight told me this probably meant that there were no viable eggs in the follicles and she would not recommend doing egg retrieval will only one large follicle and crashing estrogen levels. I was heartbroken, but it was not McKnight's fault. I can only add that perhaps, with diminished ovarian reserve and a poor response to the first round, perhaps I should not have been on any lupron suppression? I just don't know. Perhaps we should have tried a different protocol. That being said, I think I will go back to Dr. McKnight after my stem cell therapy and try to batch with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amelia Silva)
Our primary nurse was Amelia. When lack of communication and compassion became an issue during the first few visits, I had a heart to heart with Amelia about our expectations and how I felt that they were not being met. Amelia listened attentively, explained that different patients like different approaches, and let me know she was glad we talked because now she understood the kind of care and interaction that I expected. I really appreciated her listening to constructive criticism and she made a clear change after that discussion. The rest of the nursing staff, however, could have been better communicators overall. Especially as IVF first timers, my husband and I often left the clinic with more questions than answers. Often we wouldn't even realize that we weren't given next steps or explanations until several hours after we left because (as you can imagine) we were very emotional, sad, and overwhelmed during the actual visits.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Dr. McKnight is intelligent, straightforward, firm, and kind....when you can actually get an appointment with her. Amelia Silva is a great nurse and takes constructive criticism. Avoid Dr. Nodler. I would say that I have PTSD from his lack of empathy. The facility is clean and professional. The nursing staff as a whole needs to better communicate to patients. They need to explain follow-up appointments, IVF protocols, and why your protocol was selected and tailored to you. Ultrasound technicians here need a LOT of work. If you are inside of me and probing my most intimate spaces, please at least explain what you are seeing and let me know that the doctor will provide further detail or a diagnosis. Overall, the communication at Houston IVF could have been much better, but the treatment itself seemed informed and professional even though it did not lead to success. I understand that my case was especially challenging and that is nobody's fault (except for my damn FMR1 gene).
The cost up front for the pre-retrieval and post-retrieval blood draws and appointments, egg retrieval and FET was $21,000.00. This was meant to get you from your first appointment through your surgeries and to your positive pregnancy test.
When my husband and I were naive enough to think we would even have these options, we asked about single vs. multiple embryo transfer. Dr. McKnight said she respects anything her patients decide to do, but strongly recommends single embryo transfer. We didn't ask for further explanation as my husband and I agreed we ought to do single embryo transfers only.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Nothing went wrong as I think the protocol selected for me was fine and you have to learn from each cycle. However, nobody ever explained to me WHY my exact protocol was chosen and why there was so much suppression on a poor responder that does not menstruate in the first place.

Treated 2005 - 2012
He [Dr. Timothy Hickman] performed lots of tests and did ultimately treat one issue of mine (small tumor pressing on my pituitary gland) but apparently misdiagnosed the quality of my husband's sperm and told us we wouldn't get pregnant without IVF. We left his practice after getting a second opinion on the sperm, concentrated on my cycle times and got pregnant on our own.
In the end, I felt pressured to pay for IVF [at Houston IVF/CCRM Houston] but when getting a second opinion about my husband's sperm, we found out there was nothing wrong with it and we ended up getting pregnant on our own even though the doctor said we never would.... He [Dr. Timothy Hickman] performed lots of tests and did ultimately treat one issue of mine (small tumor pressing on my pituitary gland) but apparently misdiagnosed the quality of my husband's sperm and told us we wouldn't get pregnant without IVF.
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
He performed lots of tests and did ultimately treat one issue of mine (small tumor pressing on my pituitary gland) but apparently misdiagnosed the quality of my husband's sperm and told us we wouldn't get pregnant without IVF. We left his practice after getting a second opinion on the sperm, concentrated on my cycle times and got pregnant on our own.
If you are in a super hurry to get pregnant and want to pay for IVF, then he might be okay. But if you are patient and just want to see if you can treat a possible small issue before getting pregnant on your own, then find another doctor.
In the end, I felt pressured to pay for IVF but when getting a second opinion about my husband's sperm, we found out there was nothing wrong with it and we ended up getting pregnant on our own even though the doctor said we never would.
We did a lot of tests and he found 2 problems. He treated me with bromocriptine to shrink my pituitary because I had a small tumor on it. Then he diagnosed my husband with "bad sperm" and then told us we couldn't get pregnant because of this and wanted to schedule IVF. We got a second opinion about the sperm which ended up being completely normal and ended up getting pregnant without the IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I guess the only issue I have with the clinic is the misdiagnosis of my husband's sperm which could've led to us spending a whole lot of money for nothing. So, I don't trust this doctor or the clinic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Again, we had a misdiagnosis of my husband's sperm which was confirmed by getting a second opinion which led us to leave the clinic.
Treated 2017 - 2018
We loved Dr McKnight herself. She was caring and compassionate and had a great bedside manner, but we only saw her 3 times in the 7 months we were there doing testing and treatment and it was when treatments were failing to help us.... She really was wonderful to interact with. Very personable and real! We wish she would have been more directly involved in our month by month care because we really liked interacting with her. She was always very compassionate when we scheduled re group visits after another type of treatment failed
Although the staff [at Houston IVF] was usually polite, they rarely (except for some of the nurses) even shared their names and the explanations for procedures were sometimes cold and without feeling. We also were not informed on one of our IUI’s that my uterine lining wasn’t only a 5 until after that procedure. Had we known it was so thin, we would have opted to change meds and wait until the next month to try. We felt that IUI cycle was wasted and when we shared that with the staff, they basically shrugged their shoulders and didn’t try to help or explain. They said they didn’t think the lining was that important.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Maybe be more open about interactions with staff? We should have been more honorary about how our interactions weren’t always so great with them.
We loved Dr McKnight herself. She was caring and compassionate and had a great bedside manner, but we only saw her 3 times in the 7 months we were there doing testing and treatment and it was when treatments were failing to help us. Although the staff was usually polite, they rarely (except for some of the nurses) even shared their names and the explanations for procedures were sometimes cold and without feeling. We also were not informed on one of our IUI’s that my uterine lining wasn’t only a 5 until after that procedure. Had we known it was so thin, we would have opted to change meds and wait until the next month to try. We felt that IUI cycle was wasted and when we shared that with the staff, they basically shrugged their shoulders and didn’t try to help or explain. They said they didn’t think the lining was that important. When we got a second opinion at CCRM in Colorado, they disagreed and said they would never have attempted with such a thin lining because of how unlikely implantation would have been. The treatment plan felt a little cookie cutter and we always felt like when we asked questions to the staff, we were annoying them.
Katherine McKnight
So far I have been very happy with Dr. Nodler. He is honest but gentle for the most part in his approach. He seems very knowledgeable and came very recommended. I did a lot of research for going to him, and many of his patients were very happy with him as a doctor. Dr. Nodler didn't seem like he is in a rush, he took all of our questions every time we met with him in his office. He has also done one procedure and was very gentle and caring.
The office [CCRM Houston/Houston IVF] has peaceful music playing when you walk in. The front office person always greets you. They help put your mind at ease. Everyone there is nice and helpful. I like that the office doesn't feel busy and overbooked. There are usually just a few couples in the lobby.... You usually have to leave a detailed message, and she gets back with you the same day or the next morning. She is very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Have a list of questions already prepared.
He's very caring and knows our name when we come in for appointments.
I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid and have to take medicine. Get fibroids removed so I can continue with IVF treatment.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The office has peaceful music playing when you walk in. The front office person always greets you. They help put your mind at ease. Everyone there is nice and helpful. I like that the office doesn't feel busy and overbooked. There are usually just a few couples in the lobby.
Our insurance doesn't pay for IVF so we pay out of pocket.