7.3

16545 SW Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77479
713.465.1211

Treated 2019 - 2020
[Dr. Nodler] took time to explain things both before and during procedures. I always felt I had time to ask questions...Ended up with six normal embryos, so only had a single retrieval cycle...Responded well, transferred one, and now pregnant with a singleton...Detailed, thorough and direct in his explanations. Presented a clear point of view on different treatment options, which really helped cut through the noise and confusion. I always felt like we had a defined direction and were moving forward.
Senae [nurse at CCRM Houston] was great throughout! Always promptly returned phone calls and emails and was knowledgeable on the various questions throughout the process...don’t recall ever having to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes to be seen. The Memorial City location, where weekend appointments are held, is more busy on those weekends, so you might have to wait slightly longer for blood draws.
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Like with any RE, come to the consultation prepared with questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. Nodler took time to explain things both before and during procedures. I always felt I had time to ask questions.
Describe the protocols James Nodler used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with combo trigger. I think this is relatively standard for a first cycle and mild PCOS. I responded well to the meds, so was able to stay at the starting gonal f and menopur doses throughout stimming. We did ICSI as we wanted genetic testing and the lab required ICSI to do CCS testing. Ended up with six normal embryos, so only had a single retrieval cycle. FET protocol included birth control, estrogen patches, Lupron, and progesterone suppositories and shots. Responded well, transferred one, and now pregnant with a singleton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Senae )
Senae was great throughout! Always promptly returned phone calls and emails and was knowledgeable on the various questions throughout the process.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Everything runs pretty smoothly at the Fannin office. Never a crowd in the waiting room. I was always in and out very quickly. Procedures are at the Memorial City location. Nurses who assist with procedures make you feel in good hands. Doctors are accessible and my assigned nurse kept me organized and on track. We didn’t interact much with the financial office, so can’t speak to that. Overall, very pleased with our care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Usually there were only one or two others in the waiting room in the Fannin location for blood draws and ultrasounds. I don’t recall ever having to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes to be seen. The Memorial City location, where weekend appointments are held, is more busy on those weekends, so you might have to wait slightly longer for blood draws. Still, those appointments were always very fast and efficient.
Describe James Nodler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
We tested our embryos and wanted to transfer one. This was my doctor’s preference as well, so no real discussion was had.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
One time my prescription was not promptly called in, but was fixed as soon as I realized the pharmacy hadn’t received it.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Microdose Lupron protocol [with Dr. Nodler] - no embryos to freeze. Immediately followed by antagonist protocol with 3 Pgs tested embryos to freeze. Had 3 failed fets. 2 eras and a receptiva test...It would have been nice to hear from my doc personally after retrievals, transfers etc as a check in...he isn’t willing to implement interventions that aren’t well studied or proven...was always Courteous and friendly. He took the time to listen and gave thoughtful responses to all our queries...We didn’t have success with Dr Nodler but we would recommend him 10/10.
the clinic [CCRM Houston/Houston IVF] didn’t pester you for money...You are made to feel valued as a patient as opposed to a number. This doesn’t have a factory feel to it...Microdose Lupron protocol - no embryos to freeze. Immediately followed by antagonist protocol with 3 Pgs tested embryos to freeze. Had 3 failed fets. 2 eras and a receptiva test...Very compassionate nurses. Not as organized as other clinics. Primarily work over email as opposed to the web based applications other clinics have. Very, very, very nice nurses but not as organized as I would like
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
We didn’t have success with Dr Nodler but we would recommend him 10/10. He is intelligent, up to date, and runs a very strict evidence based practice. He definitely does not treat you like a Guinea pig. That being said, he isn’t willing to implement interventions that aren’t well studied or proven... but I definitely prefer this science based approach to the experimental (and frankly, cavalier) approach seen at many other area clinics
I would follow his recommendations. He is well aware of the data and will guide you accordingly. If you are wanting something experimental or way outside the normal confines of ivf treatment, I would suggest going elsewhere. In Houston- he is definitely the doc I recommend
Dr Nodler was always Courteous and friendly. He took the time to listen and gave thoughtful responses to all our queries
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
You get to see dr nodler daily if you go to the Med center location. They do not haggle you for money though the finance dept is that organized. You are made to feel valued as a patient as opposed to a number. This doesn’t have a factory feel to it
I went in the afternoon Bc if my work schedule. The clinic was very accommodating with this
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Don’t remember but the clinic didn’t pester you for money
Yes. Dr nodler subscribes fo eSet which I think is the right thing to do.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I had one botched era due to “too large sample”. That was an honest mistake and I do not blame the clinic at all. It would have been nice to hear from my doc personally after retrievals, transfers etc as a check in
Houston - Gessner
[Dr. Timothy Hickman] became very rude and agitated when we asked questions about transferring multiple embryos. He refused to answer questions on this topic...has the worst bedside manner I’ve ever encountered...His explanation was simply that I was “over 30.” Even though he initially acted like this was not an issue. He took no time to help us understand our results or how my endometriosis could have impacted those results. While still under his care we went to another doctor to have her explain why she thought we would have gotten poorer than average results. It was extremely disappointing, as we stuck with Hickman despite his rudeness because we thought he would have been knowledgeable based on his background. Hickman was not knowledgeable in our corcimstances, not compassionate, and is one of the worst doctors I have ever encountered.
our nurse forgot to order some of our retrieval medication [at CCRM Houston]...I think the sole strength of this clinic is the ease of scheduling monitoring appointments. Basically every other aspect of our experience at CCRM was extremely difficult. They will ignore you and refuse to answer questions. We were shocked that they were so unprofessional...I feel like any average doctor could would have recommended the same [protocol], with the exception of embryo testing.
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
If you are over thirty, avoid Hickman at all costs. If you want a compassionate doctor with your best interests in mind, avoid Hickman at all costs. Hickman refused to answer questions and was rude during our first appointment. Hickman was callous and rude when we were disappointed with the number of normal embryos we got after testing (not to mention that we were both under 35, do testing typically isn’t even recommended). His explanation was simply that I was “over 30.” Even though he initially acted like this was not an issue. He took no time to help us understand our results or how my endometriosis could have impacted those results. While still under his care we went to another doctor to have her explain why she thought we would have gotten poorer than average results. It was extremely disappointing, as we stuck with Hickman despite his rudeness because we thought he would have been knowledgeable based on his background. Hickman was not knowledgeable in our corcimstances, not compassionate, and is one of the worst doctors I have ever encountered.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Go elsewhere. There are numerous compassionate doctors in the Houston area who are also better from a clinical standpoint. There is no need to suffer through such a difficult medical condition with someone completely lacking compassion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Hickman has the worst bedside manner I’ve ever encountered. I felt like he was only interested in our money.
Describe the protocols Timothy Hickman used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
Nothing special. I feel like any average doctor could would have recommended the same, with the exception of embryo testing.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Our nurse forgot to order some of our medication, and we had to order last minute.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Describe Timothy Hickman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Hickman became very rude and agitated when we asked questions about transferring multiple embryos. He refused to answer questions on this topic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
As previously stated, our nurse forgot to order some of our retrieval medication.
Houston - Gessner
Dr. McKnight did the screening on our third donor and approved - she monitored her cycle (out of state) and did her egg retrieval (23 eggs!). She then did the ICSI and we had 13 viable embryos (12 PGS tested and 1 we fresh transferred)...I was given plenty of information to make the decision to transfer either 1 or 2 embryos...always listened to my concerns and was supportive, even when giving me difficult news. I always felt like I was her only patient. She would spend as much time with me as needed and answered emails promptly.
[Houston IVF has] multiple locations, but we chose the one furthest from us (1.5 hours) because I wanted to work specifically with Dr. McKnight. Wait time was always brief, there was easy parking, and the staff is very friendly...Dr. McKnight helped us to pivot to use a donor to help us concieve. Dr. McKnight helped us choose the right donor for us and performed the retrieval for our donor. She also did the FET that resulted in our current pregnancy (38 weeks and all looks good). This process is tough, but it was easier having Dr. McKnight in our corner. There is no other doctor I trust more than Dr. McKnight.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
We did our third round of IVF with my own eggs with her - she had modified the protocol from a previous RE. From those outcomes, Dr. McKnight helped us to pivot to use a donor to help us concieve. Dr. McKnight helped us choose the right donor for us and performed the retrieval for our donor. She also did the FET that resulted in our current pregnancy (38 weeks and all looks good). This process is tough, but it was easier having Dr. McKnight in our corner. There is no other doctor I trust more than Dr. McKnight.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
If you are on the fence of using Dr. Mcknight or using a less expensive clinic, I would recommend going straight to Dr. McKnight. We wasted time and money at a less expensive clinic - it just led to heartache and 4 long years of trying to concieve. Pick and use the best first, don't make the same mistake I did. Also, you'll love Dr. McKnight!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. McKnight always listened to my concerns and was supportive, even when giving me difficult news. I always felt like I was her only patient. She would spend as much time with me as needed and answered emails promptly.
Describe the protocols Katherine McKnight used in your cycles at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF and their degree of success.
Prior to coming to Dr. McKnight I had two IVF cycles that both resulted in plenty of eggs and 1-2 low quality embryos. She tried one more round with my own eggs with a day 3 transfer to minimize time in a test tube as this can negatively affect some embryos. We did not get pregnant with this third round of IVF and she helped me emotionally make the shift to trying using donor eggs (as she had diagnosed me with poor egg quality - a diagnosis only given after many failed IVF attempts). Dr. McKnight did the medical screening for one of our donors and found her to be of low ovarian reserve and recommended we did not use her - we followed her advice. Our next donor had a cycle before us that resulted in plenty of eggs but none that turned into viable embryos - she once again recommended we look to find a different donor. Dr. McKnight did the screening on our third donor and approved - she monitored her cycle (out of state) and did her egg retrieval (23 eggs!). She then did the ICSI and we had 13 viable embryos (12 PGS tested and 1 we fresh transferred). A partner in the clinic transferred our first embryo (fresh transfer) which resulted in a pregnancy that ended in miscarriage just shy of 10 weeks; it was determined to be a chromosomal abnormality that could not be found through PGS testing. Dr. McKnight did our second transfer, we are currently 38 weeks pregnant and healthy as can be.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
We chose this clinic becuse they have the best success rates in the greater Houston Area. They have multiple locations, but we chose the one furthest from us (1.5 hours) because I wanted to work specifically with Dr. McKnight. Wait time was always brief, there was easy parking, and the staff is very friendly.
Describe Katherine McKnight's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Houston - Gessner
Go in with all your questions. She [Dr. McKnight] will take the time to answer all of them. Don’t be worried if you’re ignorant to the IVF process or expectations. She takes the time to go over everything, step by step...Due to my endometriosis, I am currently going through medically induced menopause for six months in order to “calm everything down” before I have a second surgery to remove “bad” tissue and create a healthy environment for IVF.
Total IVF Cost with ICSI [at CCRM Houston] : $13847.00 Medication range: $4,000- $7,000... They give you everything you need and allow you to process information, medically and financially. All staff has been attentive and take the time to answer all question you have. They are a large clinic, so they do get busy in the mornings getting patients in and out. But when you are in the office, they take the time you need to focus on you!
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
So far, Dr. McKnight has been not only a doctor, but a part of the family. She understands she is a huge part of our life right now and embraces it. She answers all questions posed to her when we meet with her and continues to answer questions I have going through the current process we are in. Due to severe endometriosis, we decided I would go on Lupron for the next six months prior to having a second surgery to remove cyst tissue and endometriosis tissue before we start IVF. We are anxiously awakening the six month to be over and she has checked in on me and us throughout the process! It’s comforting knowing she is still in this with us, even though we are in a holding pattern.
Go in with all your questions. She will take the time to answer all of them. Don’t be worried if you’re ignorant to the IVF process or expectations. She takes the time to go over everything, step by step.
She completely explained, in normal language, the process we were about to start. Answered all of our questions, and then some. We laughed and cried with her and walk out of her office with nothing but positive and loving thoughts and feelings about her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Always attentive and have a smile! Return phone calls within the same day or immediately the next day. They will spend as much time with you as you need.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Overall, we have had a great experience. They give you everything you need and allow you to process information, medically and financially. All staff has been attentive and take the time to answer all question you have. They are a large clinic, so they do get busy in the mornings getting patients in and out. But when you are in the office, they take the time you need to focus on you!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Total IVF Cost with ICSI: $13847.00 Medication range: $4,000- $7,000
We have not got to that point yet but we have asked, she strictly leaves it up to you and your partner but reminds you of risks to babies and yourself with multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
One of my first steps was checking my ovary count. They initially told me my results would be posted in their portal. After not seeing the results I spoke with one of the nurses and it was immediate posted on the portal!
Houston - Fannin

Dr. Hickman was knowledgeable, empathetic, clear, caring and reputable. I do wish I would have seen him more. I only saw him during the consult and his nursing team took over from there. The nurses were great, no problems at all. I just wish Dr. Hickman had a little more presence. ... IUI with Clomid. Called first day of period. Did ultrasound at Day 3. Took Clomid for 3 days. Did trigger injection day before procedure. Did ultrasound and sperm washing day of procedure.
The clinic [CCRM Houston] is great. A peaceful setting. Bloodwork in house. The doctor and nurses were great. My insurance does not cover fertility treatments so they are expensive. IUI without insurance was $1300 not including medication and other requested medical tests like HSG. IVF without insurance is around $18000 without medicines
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
If your doing an IUI, be prepared to only meet the doc once in the beginning. Have any questions you want answered by him ready for the consult. The nursing team is great and knowledgeable as well.
Very kind during consult. Extremely knowledgeable and explained options clearly. Nursing team was great, also very kind. Never felt like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Communication was great. She explained everything thoroughly and clearly.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The clinic is great. A peaceful setting. Bloodwork in house. The doctor and nurses were great. My insurance does not cover fertility treatments so they are expensive. IUI without insurance was $1300 not including medication and other requested medical tests like HSG. IVF without insurance is around $18000 without medicines
Describe the costs associated with your care under Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
IUI without insurance coverage was $1300 + medicines & medical tests. IVF without insurance coverage was $18000+ $4000-$7000 for medicines.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. Nodler] definitly knows his stuff in the field and he knows how to communicate and make me feel at ease. ... He wanted me to do one at fresh but now that we have gone that route he definitly what's to put 2 in this time ... It has been a crazy rollercoaster with it all and every time I see him he makes me feel more hopeful that this next time will work. ... J felt like he was very invested in our treatment. I was my name and not just a hey you.
I love this clinic [Houston IVF]. I see alot of proof that there method works, with pictures if families everywhere. They welcome you with smiles and love and like they really want to help you. It's been a great feeling knowing they are an amazing supposed system for fanilies. ... She [nurse] has always been able to answer my questions In a timely manner. She has always been a shoulder and someone I can trust and go to when it comes to anything IVF. She has been Great supporter!
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
He is an awesome doctor. He definitly knows his stuff in the field and he knows how to communicate and make me feel at ease. It has been a crazy rollercoaster with it all and every time I see him he makes me feel more hopeful that this next time will work.
Trust him. He knows what he is doing. He is a great doctor and I put my belief in him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amilia)
She has always been able to answer my questions In a timely manner. She has always been a shoulder and someone I can trust and go to when it comes to anything IVF. She has been Great supporter!
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I love this clinic. I see alot of proof that there method works, with pictures if families everywhere. They welcome you with smiles and love and like they really want to help you. It's been a great feeling knowing they are an amazing supposed system for fanilies.
families Treatment was 17,000 and then we had to pay for the meds and that was 3 to 4,000
Houston - Fannin
[Protocol with Dr. Timothy Hickman was] Start with Clomid and up to 3 IUIs. If unsuccessful move to IVF...He went out of his way for our consultation. He was very knowledgeable, honest but also kind and compassionate. He was able to answer questions I was having that another doctor had been wishy washy on...knows what he is doing. He is a very kind and willing to do whatever he can to get you a baby safely. He is a great doctor who stays up on the improvements and advances in artificial reproductive technology.
Cost for a single fresh IVF cycle here [at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF] was about $19,000. This did not include medication...Honestly they are great, the ONLY draw back was the cost. They seem to be higher than other clinics. But I think you get so much more patient care here. They certainly take special care of their patients...She [nurse] called me about 30 mins after my consultation with Dr Hickman to check in and let me know I could call her directly with any questions I have then or in the future...Dr Hickman knows what he is doing. He is a very kind and willing to do whatever he can to get you a baby safely. He is a great doctor who stays up on the improvements and advances in artificial reproductive t
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr Hickman knows what he is doing. He is a very kind and willing to do whatever he can to get you a baby safely. He is a great doctor who stays up on the improvements and advances in artificial reproductive technology.
Ask a lot of questions!
Start with Clomid and up to 3 IUIs. If unsuccessful move to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
She called me about 30 mins after my consultation with Dr Hickman to check in and let me know I could call her directly with any questions I have then or in the future.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Cost for a single fresh IVF cycle here was about $19,000. This did not include medication.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I've found Dr. Nodler is always happy to provide more information or explain his thought process...I have a high AMH and was prescribed clomid only (no injectables). Monitoring was overseen by Dr. Nodler, but the actual IUI was performed by the nurses...smart, kind and strikes the right balance of setting realistic expectations but also providing hope. He has good attention to detail and really seems to care about his patients' outcomes. I like that he practices evidence based medicine, but this means his protocols/approach may sometimes feel less holistic (not a lot of time spent discussing supplements and other TBD ART supports)
I have interacted with all 4 REIs [at and believe they are all very skilled and up-to-date physicians who care about their patients... I had better than expected outcomes (100% fertilization of mature eggs 13/13 and good blastocyst rate 9/13, 70%). I wish they paid as much detail to patients' IUI cycles as they do IVF, but understand that IUI is a much less controlled and lower cost procedure, so it makes sense that IVF cycles are prioritized. That said, if someone's goal is to conceive via IUI and to really avoid moving on to IVF, this may not be the clinic for you.
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. Nodler is smart, kind and strikes the right balance of setting realistic expectations but also providing hope. He has good attention to detail and really seems to care about his patients' outcomes. I like that he practices evidence based medicine, but this means his protocols/approach may sometimes feel less holistic (not a lot of time spent discussing supplements and other TBD ART supports). I thankfully haven't had any major disappointments to date, so can't comment on how he might adjust/personalize protocols in the event of disappointing outcomes.
Ask questions and share any concerns you have- I've found Dr. Nodler is always happy to provide more information or explain his thought process.
Dr. Nodler and his nursing staff (Amelia and Erin) have all been warm, available and encouraging to date. I like to know exactly what's going on at each step of the process and they always seem happy to answer my questions. I am also prone to negativity and Dr. Nodler and Amelia have been so kind- they are realistic but offer regular reassurance where it is due.
IUI was really managed by the nurses. I have a high AMH and was prescribed clomid only (no injectables). Monitoring was overseen by Dr. Nodler, but the actual IUI was performed by the nurses. I had a different nurse each time, and no specific point person if I had questions during the cycle (just had to call the nurse line). I didn't feel like IUI cycles were a priority for this clinic. My experience was totally different once we moved on to IVF. IVF patients are assigned a specific nurse and this makes communication much easier. Monitoring ultrasounds were done by Dr. Nolder (or the REI covering for him if he was not available). I was prescribed gonal-f (150), menopur (150) and cetrotide. I responded well to meds and my protocol did not need to be adjusted. I did a dual trigger with lurpon to avoid OHSS. We did ICSI as that is standard for my clinic (and as we used frozen donor sperm). We retrieved 16 eggs, 13 mature, 13 fertilized, 9 day 5/6 blasts, 4/9 normal CCS/PGS results. Recovery from the egg retrieval was easy and fast. Our first FET cycle is currently in process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amelia)
Amelia is smart and responsive. I do think she is a very busy person, and I sometimes felt bad asking extra questions, but she always responded to me same day. I found emailing her was sometimes easier than playing phone tag.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Houston IVF/ CCRM-Houston may be a bit more expensive than other clinics in the area but I think it is worth the costs. I have interacted with all 4 REIs and believe they are all very skilled and up-to-date physicians who care about their patients. I also think the lab is superior to many other clinics in Houston. I had better than expected outcomes (100% fertilization of mature eggs 13/13 and good blastocyst rate 9/13, 70%). I wish they paid as much detail to patients' IUI cycles as they do IVF, but understand that IUI is a much less controlled and lower cost procedure, so it makes sense that IVF cycles are prioritized. That said, if someone's goal is to conceive via IUI and to really avoid moving on to IVF, this may not be the clinic for you. To summarize: smart and personable REIs and nurses, a great lab and a comfortable and convenient physical space (I used both the med center and memorial city locations).
IUI: $1,300 per cycle (including all monitoring) IVF (PGS with FET): $20,630 (included all monitoring, CCS/PGS and first FET), NOT including medications
I personally feel very strongly about eSET and Dr. Nolder was aware of this from the beginning so multiple embryo transfer was never a conversation we had. I do believe this clinic does more multiple embryo transfers than is ideal because they are quick to honor patient wishes and I think many patients ask for multiple embryo transfer.
Treated 2016 - 2018
[With Dr. James Nodler] We first did our blood work and scans and I had a minor septum so we did surgery on that. We then started with 3 IUIs using Letrozole, which didn’t worked. My insurance covered three which is why we did 3 but that is also normal protocol. We then moved to IVF using Menopur and Follistim. Our goal was a fresh cycle but I had over stimulation so we froze the eggs, 4. 3 tested normal during PGS and one was unknown.
Houston IVF can be big so I recommend the med center location. They have great resources so use them all - therapy, acupuncture, etc. You do have to go to the memorial city location for all big procedures.... I was scheduled to do our egg retrieval starting in November and once my period finally started I was told the lab would be closed for cleaning in December so we had to wait a cycle.
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. Nodler is really knowledgeable and really nice. Sometimes, though, I felt like he wasn’t putting the research into our case. It was “unexplained infertility” and move to IVF instead of figuring out the cause of our infertility that could maybe be fixed by diet, supplements, or lifestyle changes. He has been great though, especially since the many failures and setbacks we have had, even calling me personally after we lost our baby at 10 weeks to unknown issues.
Ask lots of questions and request all the details.
What is great about Dr. Nodler is that he is at the Houston IVF Med center location so it is more intimate, he does his own ultrasounds, and knows who you are. The Memorial City location is big and you can feel like a number over there.
We first did our blood work and scans and I had a minor septum so we did surgery on that. We then started with 3 IUIs using Letrozole, which didn’t worked. My insurance covered three which is why we did 3 but that is also normal protocol. We then moved to IVF using Menopur and Follistim. Our goal was a fresh cycle but I had over stimulation so we froze the eggs, 4. 3 tested normal during PGS and one was unknown. We then did a FET once my body got back to normal. FET 1 worked but at 10 weeks we had to terminate due to the growth of the organs outside the fetus body. It was never determined if that was genetic related. Have a long recovery from the D&C we did FET 2 which ended in a chemical pregnancy at 6 weeks. Currently waiting to start FET 3. All FETs have been the same protocol: 3 weeks birth control, lupron, estrogen patches, PIO, and progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amelia Silva)
Amelia is amazing. She returns all my calls timely and understands exactly what we are going through and is alway willing to help us out with scheduling issues or getting meds ordered timely.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
IUIs, labs, egg retrieval and FET 1 were covered by insurance so I paid 20% until my $500 deductible. FET 2 was $4,500.
I wanted to transfer 2 the first time but he wanted one as it is statistically better and safer. It didn’t work. For the 2nd FET I again pushed for two but he wanted one so we did one. We now have two embryos left so we are finally transferring two during FET 3.
Treated 2014 - 2018
I never felt rushed. Even one time I told Dr. Hickman in the hallway "I know you are so busy, but what do you think about _______" and he responded so kindly, looked me in the eye, and said to not ever feel like I can't ask him questions or like he is rushed.... Dr. Hickman was always calm and made me feel like I was in the best hands possible. He took time to answer my questions and was just so friendly and caring. My journey started in 2014 and after 3 IUIs, I became pregnant on the 3rd try, leading to a healthy baby boy.
This clinic [CCRM Houston] itself is gorgeous. You have views of i-10 and it is incredibly clean and welcoming. It was always easy to schedule appointments and to go in same day or next day. They are open 365 days a year (or maybe 364), so there is no need to worry about your IUI day landing on a weekend. They were even open every day during hurricane Harvey, when much of the city was closed down.... Sarah was always quick to call me back (I usually had to wait less than an hour to hear from her) and I called her A LOT.
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. Hickman was always calm and made me feel like I was in the best hands possible. He took time to answer my questions and was just so friendly and caring. My journey started in 2014 and after 3 IUIs, I became pregnant on the 3rd try, leading to a healthy baby boy. We decided to try again in 2017 and found out I had borderline underactive thyroid, so he prescribed Synthroid. I got pregnant my first IUI but miscarried at 8 weeks. During the miscarriage, I had to see Dr. Hickman a lot and he never made me feel rushed and he remained positive but sympathetic at the same time.
Make an appointment NOW- do not wait! Just take the leap of faith now.
I never felt rushed. Even one time I told Dr. Hickman in the hallway "I know you are so busy, but what do you think about _______" and he responded so kindly, looked me in the eye, and said to not ever feel like I can't ask him questions or like he is rushed. His nurses are also so empathetic and caring.
For my first time around, the plan was 3 iuis with Clomid and ovidrel and then we would reconvene after and discuss the next step (possibly ivf). I got pregnant on the 3rd IUI. For my next pregnancy, blood work showed that I had high TSH so I was put on Synthroid. Since I had a successful IUI last time, Dr. Hickman was confident it would work again. I got pregnant my very first IUI with clomid and ovidrel, but miscarried. Now I am waiting a couple of cycles by my own personal choice to start trying again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: sarah)
Although Sarah was my primary nurse, I can say that every single person I worked with left a lasting positive impact. Sarah was always quick to call me back (I usually had to wait less than an hour to hear from her) and I called her A LOT. She never made me feel bad or silly for my questions, but instead left me feeling validated and in good hands. When I miscarried, I worked a lot with another nurse. I wish I remembered her name. She was so, so caring and warm. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about her kindness and empathy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
This clinic itself is gorgeous. You have views of i-10 and it is incredibly clean and welcoming. It was always easy to schedule appointments and to go in same day or next day. They are open 365 days a year (or maybe 364), so there is no need to worry about your IUI day landing on a weekend. They were even open every day during hurricane Harvey, when much of the city was closed down. I really don't see any weaknesses and believe Houston IVF is the best of the best. I will always be so grateful for them. We even took my son to meet the doctor and nurses that helped create him!
Each IUI was 1300. The hysterocopy I had to have with him was $200.
Treated 2017 - 2018
[CCRM Houston is] Very clean and professional. A huge benefit is that they take early appointments, at 7 or 7:30 (I can’t remember the earliest), so I wasn’t really late going to work. They also do a great job of getting you in and out quickly on the days of just blood work or ultrasounds. The waiting room is comfortable and all staff are very welcoming.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She was upfront in her communication, but also extremely encouraging and sympathetic. IVF is trying and emotional, and she was very supportive and uplifting throughout the process. We had 2 miscarriages and we just delivered a healthy baby boy a month ago!
Write down your questions ahead of time, as you’ll likely forget them at the appointments.
She really cared about us and met with us to answer all questions, before IVF, as well as after each failed attempt to determine our next course of action. She was amazing!
My husband had a vasectomy years ago and recently had it reversed. The reversal was successful, in that there was sperm flow, it just wasn’t as strong as we had hoped. Since I was mid-30s and my husband in his mid-40s, we wanted to get pregnant quickly. Dr. McKnight reviewed our tests and recommended IVF as our best course of action. We discussed doing IUI as well, as it is less invasive and less expensive; Dr. McKnight was supportive of us trying IUI as well, but we ultimately went with IVF as the success rates are much higher and we didn’t want to waste any time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Judy Gerow)
The nursing staff was fantastic. Over the course of our three IVF cycles, I became close with several of the nurses there, and even emailed my nurse with questions during my pregnancy, after we had technically graduated from the IVF clinic.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I honestly don’t remember the exact numbers; my insurance covers IVF up to a lifetime max of $25 M.
We discussed transferring either 1 or 2 embryos each cycle; given my age and health, Dr. McKnight would only transfer a maximum of 2 embryos each cycle, but left it up to us if we wanted to implant 1 or 2.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
My doctor, Dr. McKnight, was out of the office during my first embryo implant. We had decided on 2 embryos, along with Dr. McKnight’s recommendation - but right before the implant, the doctor performing the procedure wrote up everything for only 1 embryo. When we pointed out the error, he came in to try to talk us into only transferring 1, in order to avoid a higher risk of multiples. In the end, he allowed us to transfer 2 as planned.
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. McKnight] did do my FET, which I appreciated. But she was not the one that called me with the negative news. My preference is for my doctor to communicate with me at all big milestones. It feels as if she may be too busy and delegates all communication to the nurse...When I do talk to her, she is warm and encouraging. But she has missed a few key communication steps with me. And one time I felt like she got impatient with all of my questions.
I was seeking a second opinion on a genetic mutation. It took 4 different tries to get my chart provided to the other clinic [from CCRM Houston]...You were in and out quickly [for monitoring]. Very organized...Strength: easy to get appointments, always get a call back that same day with results and answers...Negative: can sometimes feel like a number. Not all nurses are that professional.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
For the most part, I like Dr. McKnight. When I do talk to her, she is warm and encouraging. But she has missed a few key communication steps with me. And one time I felt like she got impatient with all of my questions.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. From the first appointment, tell her your communication preferences.
I appreciated that Dr. McKnight would be the one to do all of my scans during IVF, but she did not do my retrieval because of the day I was ready (there are 4 doctors in the clinic and they rotate days). I would have hoped she would have made a personal communication with me after the results of my retrieval were known, but she did not. She did do my FET, which I appreciated. But she was not the one that called me with the negative news. My preference is for my doctor to communicate with me at all big milestones. It feels as if she may be too busy and delegates all communication to the nurse.
Standard IUI: first cycle on chlomid but switched to femara when my lining did not thicken up. For egg retrieval: 225 IUs of tonal-F daily, 2 menopur daily, Lupron, and HCG. For FET: estrogen patches, PIO injections, and progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Davis and Judy Geroux)
Sarah Davis was pretty good for our IUI treatment. The only negative was she would go on vacation a lot and never tell us. Sometimes she would be gone on really important days like trigger day. It would be nice to know in advance if we will be talking to someone different. Judy Geroux was did not meet my satisfaction during IVF. She was very informative and responsive, but not very friendly. Sometimes she would talking down to me when I asked questions. And she was not compassionate at all when delivering our negative FET results.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Strength: easy to get appointments, always get a call back that same day with results and answers. Organized. They have their process down. Love the flembologists. Negative: can sometimes feel like a number. Not all nurses are that professional.
All were done in the morning. You were in and out quickly. Very organized.
Insurance covered a lot of it. I had all diagnostics covered, all IUIs covered, and $5k towards IVF. I paid out of pocket for PGS and medications. But for my future FETs, it will all be out of pocket.
We had 3, 5AA embryos that are genetically normal. I had a history of good lining response. Doctor gave us a 70% chance with just one embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Once I was seeking a second opinion on a genetic mutation. It took 4 different tries to get my chart provided to the other clinic.
Houston - Gessner
Dr. Hickman seemed to be very knowledgeable and sensitive at the same time. He explained our options without imposing an specific course of treatment. He also detailed his rationale for each treatment option and let us free to decide which and when. I feel pretty confident I found the right doctor for me and may return if needed in the future.
The clinic is a peaceful environment. It seems to be a lack of coordination regarding lab results and it's a little complicated to access your your information (currently there are 2 portals, not very clear or integrated). Staff has been partially helpful with orientation, and financial office is a mess. ... For the IVF I had a different nurse, much nicer. She was a great communicator, even though she seemed a bit disorganized at times. In my first round, I was very overwhelmed by the medication administration and feel that even though she tried to explain them in a simple way, it was all gibberish for me and I did not feel she could get how hard that was. At that time, it made me feel they did not care about me as a person, only my bloodwork numbers.
Trust his experience.
Before consulting Dr. Hickman I had many biases against using reproductive assisted technology and had experienced patronizing behavior from other medical doctors which I disliked. Dr. Hickman treated us with respect and explained his hypothesis in clear terms, in a humble manner and with regard for our concerns.
Because ours was a case of "unexplained infertility", Dr. Hickman strategy was to begin from the less invasive procedures and gradually move towards the more complex procedures. Both me and my husband have been tested and already identified a slight but important alteration in my thyroid which I already begun treating. After assuring that eggs, sperm, fallopian tubes and uterine cavity are fine, next step was a cycle of Clomid and IUI. We also chose to do a genetic screening which was really helpful to decide that trying IUI was still a viable option. However, our first IUI failed and based on lower odds of success - specially because of the recently diagnosed endometriosis, Dr. Hickman suggested we should go change strategies and try IVF. It took us some time to decide and trust him in this journey. The first stage was the hardest, understanding and managing the medication was emotionally overwhelming. Thankfully, my body responded well and by retrieval we've got 18 eggs. About 16 fertilized and 8 survived the first week to become embryos. From the 8 embryos, 4 were correct, 1 uncertain and 3 incorrect. Great results paid off the, so far, most terrifying thing I've ever faced. As recommended by Dr. Hickman, we opted for a frozen embryo transfer and postponed the transfer to 3 months after we returned from a trip to South America (CDC recommended due to Zika threats at the time). The pause allowed my body to recover well. As I prepared to the transfer, my body responded well again to the medication. Our first transfer was done with one single embryo, the one that looked the strongest and with more chances of success. Dr. Hickman was very confident and said we had a 70% chances of success. Unfortunately, the transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Dr. Hickman did not know exactly what went wrong but explained that IVF is never guaranteed, and everything indeed looked promising. He also encouraged us to take our time and if we decided to try again, he still believed in the same odds as we had other strong embryos available. I was heartbroken and needed a couple months to process the experience and gather courage and hope to try again. We planned the dates carefully to make sure we would be relaxed and calm during the 6 weeks prep to transfer... it paid off! For this second attempt at transfer, Dr. Hickman did not change any protocol but I changed pharmacies, just in case, and increased my self-care. Knowing what to expect was very reassuring and gave me strength this time around. Our second transfer developed into a healthy pregnancy, now on its course. Dr. Hickman always kept his bedside manners and even though our contact was always brief, he seemed genuinely interested in helping us achieve our desired pregnancy. For those who are wondering why they can't get pregnant and have not found any answer yet, I highly recommend talking to him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Holy Davis)
I had one nurse assigned for the IUI. She seemed knowledgeable but was always in a rush, acting with less warmth that I would like. For the IVF I had a different nurse, much nicer. She was a great communicator, even though she seemed a bit disorganized at times. In my first round, I was very overwhelmed by the medication administration and feel that even though she tried to explain them in a simple way, it was all gibberish for me and I did not feel she could get how hard that was. At that time, it made me feel they did not care about me as a person, only my bloodwork numbers. I did a lot of research on my own, discovered techniques to apply injections less painfully and other things I felt they should have offered me since they know about them more than I do and the treatment is very expensive! Nevertheless, everything she said would happen regarding dosage and bloodwork happened exactly as she said, so I had to acknowledge that. On my second attempt, I feel my nurse and I were already in better terms.We already knew each other (the clinic is so busy that I understand they can't be close to everyone), I felt more confident about administering the medication, and fundamentally, trusted her. She always returned my calls and explained every single question with patience. I definitely appreciate her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The initial visit, lab tests, medication I needed for thyroid and genetic counseling, with our insurance, have been under $1,000. Our insurance however does not cover much more than diagnosis. For Clomid and one cycle of IUI it was about $2,000. For the IVF including freezing embryos for a year, one transfer, and medication it was about $ 30,000. Second transfer was about $5-6,000 - not sure anymore.
We've done single embryo transfer because of my good chances of getting pregnant on the first attempts. Even though my first transfer failed and let me wondering if it was the best decision, I still agree that it was the best approach for my family at this moment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Neither my husband or I could ever see our bloodwork results online. We also had lots of trouble getting a descriptive receipt to justify our spends on the HSA card. Non-returned calls or e-mails. Receptionist at checkout not very helpful or friendly - in contrast with medical staff.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr James Nodler is attentive, caring and kind.... My egg retrieval, fertilization and blastocyst results improved with Dr Nodler. I believe that this is the result of the protocol that Dr Nodler put me on. I transferred 2 PGS embryos, and both failed to implant. In the follow up, there were no explanations of why, just many possibilities. He suggested that I do an ERA (which I am doing) or use a gestational carrier. I am hoping for a more conservation solution.
The strengths are the doctors and their affiliation with CCRM. In every appointment in which I saw Dr Nodler he asked if I had any questions. At that point, I could ask any question I had, whether it had to do with this particular appointment or something else. Procedures are performed by any doctor within the practice. Initially I was concerned about this, but it wasn't an issue at all. The weaknesses are the on call staff, billing department and their fees which are higher than other clinics.
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Let Dr Nodler make his recommendations and follow them. He is the expert, not us.
Dr James Nodler is attentive, caring and kind.
For simulations, Dr Nodler used the antagonist protocol. It worked well. I do not know why he chose that particular protocol. Our main issue is male factor resulting from Robertsonian Translocation 13/14. He recommended CCS to screen all 46 chromosomes for abnormalities.
My primary nurse Amelia was great and responsive, when she was in the office. When she was out of the office, it was difficult to get a response, or I got no response at all. The on call nursing staff needs to improve their communication style with the patients. They are timely in their response times; however, there responses can be short and seemingly irritated. And if you miss their call, or have a follow up question, they get upset. Since cost of treatment is out of pocket, many patients will attempt to get some procedures covered by their insurance. The billing department is very slow to respond and requires multiple follow ups to get required information.
Egg retrieval, PGS (7 embryos), FET (1 time) = $21,000 ERA= $2,350
Due to my history of failed SET of PGS embryos, I requested to transfer 2 and he did. But he recommended I do one. I wish I had listened to him.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
On weekends and holidays, you have to go to their main location in Memorial City which is 30 miles from my home (60 round-trip). I had an appointment at 7:30 am on Dec 26. I paid higher fees to fly home from my family holiday on Dec 25 to make this appointment, but the office was closed. I waited there for 2 hours before the on call nurse told me they were closed.
Houston - Fannin
Dr Noddler without hesitation answered all of my questions and had a very sophisticated approached to my treatment. He was also lighthearted when needed and serious when necessary. I really enjoy being his patient...I have a very high AMH so my antagonist protocol had to be very closely monitored... He tailored my program to stimulate me enough to get good quality eggs, but not so much to cause me an discomfort.
The expression "you get what you pay for" is a perfect one for this clinic [CCRM Houston]. It is a little bit more expensive than my previous one, but the amount of attention and personal service you get is worth every penny!...There are not enough superlative adjectives to describe how amazing Amelia has been with me. I am a super type A pain in the butt and never once did I feel like she was annoyed with me. She is so knowledgeable and kind, and funny and light hearted but serious when needed. She is truly the best and I wouldn't want to do this journey without her.
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
The first thing I liked about Dr Noddler is how smart he was and how informed he seemed about the most up to date information. I consider myself an intelligent woman, so I went into our relationship having concerns and things I wanted clarification on. Dr Noddler without hesitation answered all of my questions and had a very sophisticated approached to my treatment. He was also lighthearted when needed and serious when necessary. I really enjoy being his patient.
Dr Noddler and his nurse use a very black and white protocol. The patient needs to know that every step of their plan is being carefully put together for each patient's best result
Doctor Noddler always greeted me by name, remembered conversations from previous meetings and always cared about what I had to say. He never rushed me out of the office and answered every question I had without problem.
I have a very high AMH so my antagonist protocol had to be very closely monitored. The reason I switched to Houston IVF and Dr Noddler is because my previous clinic and Dr over stimulated me so badly that I ended up with severe OHSS. To the point I had to have my belly drained. This was my biggest concern when I first met with Dr Noddler, and he took my concerns very seriously. He tailored my program to stimulate me enough to get good quality eggs, but not so much to cause me an discomfort. With a perfect cocktail of drugs, I was able to produce 26 eggs, 16 fertilized, and 9 grew to 5 day blasts. out of those 9, 3 were graded 5AA the highest quality egg possible. I am currently still in treatment. I've had my 5 day blast frozen embryo transfer 4 days ago, so I can't comment if it worked, but so far this has been the best experience I could have hoped for.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The expression "you get what you pay for" is a perfect one for this clinic. It is a little bit more expensive than my previous one, but the amount of attention and personal service you get is worth every penny!
Monitoring appointments were always at 7:30am outside of working hours, so perfect
20,500$
I demanded that I have an eSET because I'm petrified of having twins. I was lucky that I fit in the perameter of those that qualify to have eSET
Houston - Fannin
I always felt completely comfortable with Dr. McKnight and enjoyed meeting with her. My only criticism was that I'm not sure if there was a ton if communication between her and my nurse about me other than just the pure blood work numbers. I had actually moved out of state between my consultation and my FET and she was unaware at the time of my transfer that I had been doing outside monitoring.
I've always felt in good hands with Houston IVF. They're clinic and office is very professional. It is a large clinic so if you want a more personal experience, this might not be the clinic for you. I, however felt completely comfortable with them and that I was given the best chance for pregnancy while with them.... My two embryos were actually frozen together so we chose to transfer both. We were told it was most likely safe to thaw and refreeze one of our embryos, but we chose not to take the chance.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Go with her, she's great!
Dr. McKnight was very friendly and I felt very comfortable around her. While still very professional, she still was easy going and was very positive throughout my FET cycle.
I had an FET transfer, starting with birth control pills to regulate my cycle and then followed by Lupron injections, estrogen, and progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Judy)
My nurse was very helpful and I enjoyed speaking with her. My only complant was she was out of the office a lot. I don't want to judge since I don't know the reason behind it, but it was sometimes inconvenient when I had questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I believe my FET was about $4500.
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. McKnight] explained all options and risks in a way we understood. She was encouraging and positive every visit and even after our failed attempts. ... I was glad that my Dr. was present most of the time and how encouraging she was. ... She knew from the beginning we would like to transfer 2. She didn’t love it but respected our wishes and told us the risks.
The facility [Houston IVF] is very nice and clean. They greeted you every time you signed in and the wait was never too long. ... It [monitoring] was busy but they ran it well and I was never there long! ... Sarah was an amazing nurse when doing our IUI’s. ... IUI’s $1500 each. We did 3 and medicine was about $200 each time. Our IvF was 15k and about 5k for medicine. The frozen transfer was $4500 and $1500-$2000 for medicine
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
She explained all options and risks in a way we understood. She was encouraging and positive every visit and even after our failed attempts. She really was there 98% of the time. Unfortunately my fresh transfer she was at the other location but I know they have their schedules.
Don’t be afraid to ask all the questions!
She was present 98% of the time and was always kind and encouraging!
Endometrim Follistim Menopur Ganirelix Pregnyl Dexamethasome Estradiol Methyl prednisolone Azithromycin Leuprolide
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany Fipps)
She was always kind and always answered my emails promptly.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The facility is very nice and clean. They greeted you every time you signed in and the wait was never too long. Sarah was an amazing nurse when doing our IUI’s. I was glad that my Dr. was present most of the time and how encouraging she was.
It was busy but they ran it well and I was never there long!
Treated 2015 - 2018
He [Dr. Timothy Hickman] dedicated a lot of time explaining me well my not so common sindrome. My case was super wired and he was able to manage it as it was something common. Each time I will need more explanation he will contact his nurse and give me a call to explain well..... Strenghts: - smart - patience - have lots of knowledge - always know the last technologies and ways of doing procedures - take his time explaining -gives hope - tell the truth Weakness: - At some point of the Ivf there was a confusion because my anatomy is different from the rest. My ovaries where much up than usual ( difficult to know to every single doctor). We learn that in my sindrome case is better to do some other tests before ivf like Testosterone. But this was not dr fault. This was a one in a million cases. Think I was his jumber 1 case like this. But he overcome ir perfectly and now I have one baby with me. No real weakness.
[CCRM Houston is] Clean, efficient, effective, easy process, easy admission , nice clean flow since you enter and you leave. Super hiper well organized. Impressive for a lot of people that I have recomend this doctor and they went..... Nurse staff in the physical location amazing!! But the nurses in charge of patiences dont know wht but have left the mayority hat were working with me the last year and now is difficult to communicate with rhem because all of them are gone. Maybe i just need to go again physical and claim for a new new nurse. Have not been there since the last transfer . 1 year ago.
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Get all your results from the other clinic and go visit asap dr hickman! He will tell you the truth and will tell you your proplbabilities of conceiving and your real options.
He dedicated a lot of time explaining me well my not so common sindrome. My case was super wired and he was able to manage it as it was something common. Each time I will need more explanation he will contact his nurse and give me a call to explain well.
Blastocysts at day 3-4 ( 50% more of chance to have good embrios) Blood test exams every single 3 days on the last weeks of ivf to see the hcg ( estrogen and testosterone increasing or decresing) 6 weeks. 2 birth control pill and 4 belly hormines injections . Plus one trigger before retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Gibbs )
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Aprox. 28,000$ All ivf process. 4000 medications for ivf to me 4000 for my surrogate estimulation 4000 second time surrogate estimulation 2000 transfer numer 1 2000 transfer numer 2
Multiple is much better. You always have better probabilities to have just ONE if you put two than having 2. And when you put just one your pribabilities decreese to less than 30% of success. If you put 2 I think it goes up to 45-50%. And always better to do pgs. This process is so tought , long and pricey that is important to know if your embrios are 100% healthy.
Houston - Gessner
Dr. McKnight was both warm and blunt. I appreciated her candor while still taking the time to give me a hug....Of our many countless visits we really only saw Dr. McKnight three times, but she was definitely great when we did get to see her.... Make sure you specifically request to see the DOCTOR when you want to meet with her.... Based on my extremely low AMH and borderline FSH, the plan Dr. McKnight put in place was an aggressive IVF regimen.
The facility [Houston IVF] is clean and professional. The nursing staff as a whole needs to better communicate to patients. They need to explain follow-up appointments, IVF protocols, and why your protocol was selected and tailored to you. Ultrasound technicians here need a LOT of work. If you are inside of me and probing my most intimate spaces, please at least explain what you are seeing and let me know that the doctor will provide further detail or a diagnosis.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
When I was with Dr. McKnight, I was very pleased with her manner. She took the time to answer our questions, although we were so confused and uninformed in the beginning of our infertility whirlwind that this time didn't amount to much. Of our many countless visits we really only saw Dr. McKnight three times, but she was definitely great when we did get to see her.
Make sure you specifically request to see the DOCTOR when you want to meet with her. There were a handful of visits where we expected Dr. McKnight to be there and it was just a nurse. Perhaps this is standard practice, but we didn't know and we felt let down. Other than that, I would just say to prepare questions so that the time you do get with McKnight is as effective and useful as possible. She will be candid and kind in my experience.
Dr. McKnight was both warm and blunt. I appreciated her candor while still taking the time to give me a hug. She also would give me the doctor perspective, but then tell me "if I was your sister, I'd say....". It was the perfect balance.
Based on my extremely low AMH and borderline FSH, the plan Dr. McKnight put in place was an aggressive IVF regimen. The first round began with birth control pill suppression followed by a mix of high dose gonadotropins and microdose lupron. My trigger would have been HCG followed by retrieval, ICSI and comprehensive chromosome screening on all embryos. Unfortunately, my body did not respond to the meds, my estradiol stayed undetectable and I didn't even make it to trigger. A week or so after this failure I had a random follicle growing and an estradiol spike on NO medication. I was thrilled and rushed into another mini round of IVF with virtually the same protocol and tried to save the few follicles that were growing. I did my HCG trigger, but the day before my retrieval showed that my estrogen levels came crashing back down. Dr. McKnight told me this probably meant that there were no viable eggs in the follicles and she would not recommend doing egg retrieval will only one large follicle and crashing estrogen levels. I was heartbroken, but it was not McKnight's fault. I can only add that perhaps, with diminished ovarian reserve and a poor response to the first round, perhaps I should not have been on any lupron suppression? I just don't know. Perhaps we should have tried a different protocol. That being said, I think I will go back to Dr. McKnight after my stem cell therapy and try to batch with her.
Our primary nurse was Amelia. When lack of communication and compassion became an issue during the first few visits, I had a heart to heart with Amelia about our expectations and how I felt that they were not being met. Amelia listened attentively, explained that different patients like different approaches, and let me know she was glad we talked because now she understood the kind of care and interaction that I expected. I really appreciated her listening to constructive criticism and she made a clear change after that discussion. The rest of the nursing staff, however, could have been better communicators overall. Especially as IVF first timers, my husband and I often left the clinic with more questions than answers. Often we wouldn't even realize that we weren't given next steps or explanations until several hours after we left because (as you can imagine) we were very emotional, sad, and overwhelmed during the actual visits.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Dr. McKnight is intelligent, straightforward, firm, and kind....when you can actually get an appointment with her. Amelia Silva is a great nurse and takes constructive criticism. Avoid Dr. Nodler. I would say that I have PTSD from his lack of empathy. The facility is clean and professional. The nursing staff as a whole needs to better communicate to patients. They need to explain follow-up appointments, IVF protocols, and why your protocol was selected and tailored to you. Ultrasound technicians here need a LOT of work. If you are inside of me and probing my most intimate spaces, please at least explain what you are seeing and let me know that the doctor will provide further detail or a diagnosis. Overall, the communication at Houston IVF could have been much better, but the treatment itself seemed informed and professional even though it did not lead to success. I understand that my case was especially challenging and that is nobody's fault (except for my damn FMR1 gene).
The cost up front for the pre-retrieval and post-retrieval blood draws and appointments, egg retrieval and FET was $21,000.00. This was meant to get you from your first appointment through your surgeries and to your positive pregnancy test.
When my husband and I were naive enough to think we would even have these options, we asked about single vs. multiple embryo transfer. Dr. McKnight said she respects anything her patients decide to do, but strongly recommends single embryo transfer. We didn't ask for further explanation as my husband and I agreed we ought to do single embryo transfers only.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Nothing went wrong as I think the protocol selected for me was fine and you have to learn from each cycle. However, nobody ever explained to me WHY my exact protocol was chosen and why there was so much suppression on a poor responder that does not menstruate in the first place.
Treated 2017 - 2018
We loved Dr McKnight herself. She was caring and compassionate and had a great bedside manner, but we only saw her 3 times in the 7 months we were there doing testing and treatment and it was when treatments were failing to help us.... She really was wonderful to interact with. Very personable and real! We wish she would have been more directly involved in our month by month care because we really liked interacting with her. She was always very compassionate when we scheduled re group visits after another type of treatment failed
Although the staff [at Houston IVF] was usually polite, they rarely (except for some of the nurses) even shared their names and the explanations for procedures were sometimes cold and without feeling. We also were not informed on one of our IUI’s that my uterine lining wasn’t only a 5 until after that procedure. Had we known it was so thin, we would have opted to change meds and wait until the next month to try. We felt that IUI cycle was wasted and when we shared that with the staff, they basically shrugged their shoulders and didn’t try to help or explain. They said they didn’t think the lining was that important.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Maybe be more open about interactions with staff? We should have been more honorary about how our interactions weren’t always so great with them.
We loved Dr McKnight herself. She was caring and compassionate and had a great bedside manner, but we only saw her 3 times in the 7 months we were there doing testing and treatment and it was when treatments were failing to help us. Although the staff was usually polite, they rarely (except for some of the nurses) even shared their names and the explanations for procedures were sometimes cold and without feeling. We also were not informed on one of our IUI’s that my uterine lining wasn’t only a 5 until after that procedure. Had we known it was so thin, we would have opted to change meds and wait until the next month to try. We felt that IUI cycle was wasted and when we shared that with the staff, they basically shrugged their shoulders and didn’t try to help or explain. They said they didn’t think the lining was that important. When we got a second opinion at CCRM in Colorado, they disagreed and said they would never have attempted with such a thin lining because of how unlikely implantation would have been. The treatment plan felt a little cookie cutter and we always felt like when we asked questions to the staff, we were annoying them.
Katherine McKnight
So far I have been very happy with Dr. Nodler. He is honest but gentle for the most part in his approach. He seems very knowledgeable and came very recommended. I did a lot of research for going to him, and many of his patients were very happy with him as a doctor. Dr. Nodler didn't seem like he is in a rush, he took all of our questions every time we met with him in his office. He has also done one procedure and was very gentle and caring.
The office [CCRM Houston/Houston IVF] has peaceful music playing when you walk in. The front office person always greets you. They help put your mind at ease. Everyone there is nice and helpful. I like that the office doesn't feel busy and overbooked. There are usually just a few couples in the lobby.... You usually have to leave a detailed message, and she gets back with you the same day or the next morning. She is very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with James Nodler at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Have a list of questions already prepared.
He's very caring and knows our name when we come in for appointments.
I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid and have to take medicine. Get fibroids removed so I can continue with IVF treatment.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
The office has peaceful music playing when you walk in. The front office person always greets you. They help put your mind at ease. Everyone there is nice and helpful. I like that the office doesn't feel busy and overbooked. There are usually just a few couples in the lobby.
Our insurance doesn't pay for IVF so we pay out of pocket.
Sugar Land

Treated 2017
Only met with Dr. McKnight at our initial consult. Never saw her again after that day. All other interactions were with the medical staff...Dr. McKnight lacked the warmth and compassion I expected. My husband felt the same way. There was no desire to truly figure out why we weren't getting pregnant, just go down the pathway of medicated timed intercourse, then IUI, then IVF... Overall, I just felt like Dr. McKnight had no personal interest in my success so we transferred to another clinic after that first cycle...Ask up front how often you will see her and how can you get in touch with her directly if you have questions.
You are not assigned a nurse [at Houston IVF] apparently unless you are doing IVF. Every time I called I spoke to someone different and there was miscommunication frequently. Clinic had a cold sterile feel to it. No one was particularly friendly towards us...Clinic seems focused on IVF patients only...I did not have a good experience with the nursing staff. For some reason in my chart it said I was doing an IUI cycle, but we were actually doing timed intercourse. Every time I called they would refer to my cycle being IUI despite my correcting them each time. This tells me they never made the changes in my chart. There was also incorrect information relayed to Dr. McKnight and back to me from her. Overall, poor quality staff.
How was your experience with Katherine McKnight at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Dr. McKnight lacked the warmth and compassion I expected. My husband felt the same way. There was no desire to truly figure out why we weren't getting pregnant, just go down the pathway of medicated timed intercourse, then IUI, then IVF. I had several questionable things occur during my cycle that she did not have an explanation for. For example, I had an 18 day luteal phase during my medicated cycle. Pregnancy test was negative. When I asked why it had lasted so long, I was just told by the nurse "we don't know, just call us when your period starts so we can start the next cycle." There was no input from Dr. McKnight whatsoever. Through my own research I found out it was likely a luteal cyst. Overall, I just felt like Dr. McKnight had no personal interest in my success so we transferred to another clinic after that first cycle.
Only met with Dr. Mckinght at our initial consult. Never saw her again after that day. All other interactions were with the medical staff. Most of the time they were not warm or personable. I basically just came in for my ultrasound and blood work then left with no explanation of what what the plan was or what the treatment rationale. It definitely felt like a factory and like if you weren't doing IVF you were not a priority.
We only stayed with her for one cycle. This was my first treatment cycle ever. I have suspected PCOS. I used letrozole 5 mg days 3-7 with an Ovidrel trigger and timed intercourse. I had two monitoring ultrasounds during the cycle that showed 3 developed follicles. It resulted in a negative pregnancy test and an extremely long luteal phase likely due to a corpus luteal cyst.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Clinic seems focused on IVF patients only. You are not assigned a nurse apparently unless you are doing IVF. Every time I called I spoke to someone different and there was miscommunication frequently. Clinic had a cold sterile feel to it. No one was particularly friendly towards us. Some people seem to have had a pleasant experience with them, but both my husband and I had the same feeling and decided we did not want to continue with them after our first cycle. Had much better experience elsewhere in Houston.
$400 for a monitored timed intercourse medicated cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
They put in my chart we were doing IUI when we were actually doing timed intercourse cycle. Despite my correcting this, every time I called they still would act as if we're doing an IUI.
Treated 2014 - 2017
He’s incredibly personable and calm. He is able to put fears at ease and is very willing to listen and understand. We had many questions going into the procedures, and he was always willing to talk with us about any questions we had. He was always very thorough in his explanations.... this past frozen transfer I remember that he was very particular that we use endometrum suppositories
Their office [CCRM Houston] is beautifully located- on the top floor of a building that overlooks Houston. The waiting room is spacious and peaceful. I never had to wait more than five minutes. Once back- the nurses were so helpful and kind. I was literally walked through each step of the process.... The nurses were very on top of it. My nurse was very matter of fact.... Monitoring was super quick and easy! It was usually early morning so people could still get to work.
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
Go see him sooner! Haha we waited a while to finally see an Infertility specialist and I wish we’d done it sooner because we received such great care.
Their office was incredible. There was rarely another patient waiting. The longest I waited in the waiting room was five minutes. Once back, I had a nurse or someone with me the entire time providing comfort. They were extremely personable.
It is hard to remember specifics from my first cycle... but this past frozen transfer I remember that he was very particular that we use endometrum suppositories instead of other progesterone supplements. He felt that the success rate with this medication was better than regular progesterone supplements.
The nurses were very on top of it. My nurse was very matter of fact. She wasn’t superfluous in what she needed to say, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
They have a million strengths in my eyes. Their office is beautifully located- on the top floor of a building that overlooks Houston. The waiting room is spacious and peaceful. I never had to wait more than five minutes. Once back- the nurses were so helpful and kind. I was literally walked through each step of the process.
I remember total- it was $13,000 and the second time with a frozen transfer was around $7,000
Our doctor was very open to what we wanted to do. He was very willing to let us select one or two embryos, based on how we felt.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Once I had a small struggle getting a hold of a nurse to call in a prescription that I was out of.

Treated 2017
Investment Banker
He [Dr. Hickman] was caring during consultation. During treatments he barely even looked at me, no time to ask him questions. After negative pregnancy test during follow up, he made me feel like it was all my fault and had poor quality eggs....He needs to show more compassion, not just throw his hands in the air when it didn’t work or tell us that egg donors and adoption are also ways to have s family. We have no children, we wanted to experience childbirth. He had no advice on improving egg quality, just said that it doesn’t work.
Desk staff [IVF Houston] is rude, never wanted to give receipts, list my payment when we paid for anesthesia in cash! Needs improvement all around! They do have a financial consultant whom was awesome. She let me know if employers that offer insurance coverage that covers IVF! She was very transparent....I feel like something occurred in lab. Egg retrievel was on Friday, weekend lab was ran by a skeleton crew. Honestly, we do feel something went wrong. Our transfer days were off, and say of transfer, they did another patient before me that arrived way after I did
How was your experience with Timothy Hickman at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF?
He needs to show more compassion, not just throw his hands in the air when it didn’t work or tell us that egg donors and adoption are also ways to have s family. We have no children, we wanted to experience childbirth. He had no advice on improving egg quality, just said that it doesn’t work. Some other clinics have treatments that DO work.
Do your research, make him answer your questions.
He was caring during consultation. During treatments he barely even looked at me, no time to ask him questions. After negative pregnancy test during follow up, he made me feel like it was all my fault and had poor quality eggs. There were sooo many problems we had during our cycle that were clinics fault.
Lipton, Menopur, Bravelle, it was his most aggressive protocol, I responded perfectly.
She was great, relaying messages were not good. We drove 2 1/2 hours for s Transfer, she never let us know instead of doing a 3 day, we’re doing a 5 day since embryos were doing so good.
Describe your experience with CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
Desk staff is rude, never wanted to give receipts, list my payment when we paid for anesthesia in cash! Needs improvement all around! They do have a financial consultant whom was awesome. She let me know if employers that offer insurance coverage that covers IVF! She was very transparent.
We spent about 22,000 total
He made the decision to transfer 3, feel he knew we had no chance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Houston/Houston IVF.
I feel like something occurred in lab. Egg retrievel was on Friday, weekend lab was ran by a skeleton crew. Honestly, we do feel something went wrong. Our transfer days were off, and say of transfer, they did another patient before me that arrived way after I did. You could tell the tone of workers and atmosphere was as if something wrong was happening. After transfer, Dr. Hickman got up and said, Well, let’s hope it works, and walked out.