Genetic counseling: Offered
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064
1220 La Venta Drive
Westlake Village, CA 91361
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend HRC Fertility to a friend?

7.3

2019 - 2020
Male Factor, Other
Of the 23 retrieved 17 were mature, 16 fertilized through ICSI, 11 made it to day 5 blasts, and 7 tested PGS normal [with Dr. Michael Feinman]...After our failed transfer Dr. Feinman recommended we do an ERA...showed that my body needed to transfer an embryo slightly later than most women. After the ERA Feinman performed another FET which was successful and we are now pregnant with our little miracle...He felt that transferring multiple would only increase our odds of having multiples and wouldn't significantly increase our odds for successful transfer.
Traditional IVF [at HRC] $9600 Military IVF Pricing...$5600 Natural/Mini IVF Cycle: $6400...Most of my appointments took place at HRC Westlake, however there were also several times I needed to be at the Encino location...They are very friendly and warm and make sure to greet you when you walk into the office...Parking is not free and HRC Encino will not validate your parking. The RSA surgery center is phenomenal and the staff there is top notch and very friendly...She [nurse] was very friendly, kind, and helpful. She took her time to answer all of my questions and act as a liaison between Dr. Feinman and myself whenever I had a question that would come up. She always answered the phone and quickly returned emails. She also performed all my blood draws. I
2019 - 2020
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
At our first consultation Dr. Feinman was very straightforward, no nonsense, and felt a little rough around the edges. He was blunt about our situation and didn't offer a lot of compassion but he also seemed very confident and sure of himself and his suggested course of treatment. He answered all the questions we had very directly and matter of factly. The thing that stood out the most to us in our initial consultation was his suggestion to try FSH for my husband's NOA. We had asked previous doctors about FSH after doing our own research, but they each had told us we didn't need it. We decided that successful treatment was more important than a warm and fuzzy physician and moved forward with Dr. Feinman. Dr. Feinman was able to get my husband's sperm count up by 40x within 30 days, something we had been unable to accomplish with 3 previous doctors. After this achievement we were candidates for IVF. Feinman had standard diagnostic procedures he wanted to do prior to IVF starting. I was a bit hesitant because we knew we had male factor and I didn't want to spend unnecessary money on procedures for myself however Feinman insisted that we rule out any other unknown issues. I am so thankful for his insistence because we ended up finding I had a partial septum during and HSG procedure. Feinman performed the HSG as well as the hysteroscopy to remove my septum, the recovery was flawless and everything went smoothly. We moved forward with injections for egg retrieval but I didn't respond well enough and the cycle was cancelled/converted to timed intercourse. TI failed and the following cycle we started again for egg retrieval with a slightly different medication protocol. Dr. Feinman was present for every monitoring appointment, performed every ultrasound, and also performed the egg retrieval. This time it was successful and we got 23 eggs! We ended up with 11 embryos which we PGS tested - leaving us with 7 normal embryos which we froze. Our first frozen embryo transfer was also performed by Dr. Feinman but it failed. Following the failure Dr. Feinman performed an ERA which showed that my body needed to transfer an embryo slightly later than most women. After the ERA Feinman performed another FET which was successful and we are now pregnant with our little miracle. Overall, Dr. Feinman is an excellent doctor that is very knowledgeable in the field of Reproductive Endocrinology. he has a no-nonsense approach that may feel compassionless but as we got to know him we learned that he cared very much about us and our outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
Ask lots of questions. Dr. Feinman doesn't explain the reasoning or science behind many of the procedures or protocols he implements, however if you ask him questions he will answer them and explain to you what you want to know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Feinman took a while to warm up, our first consultation appointment he was very direct, straightforward, and slightly cold but also told us exactly what he knew we needed to do. As time went on we built a warmer relationship and his bedside manner softened up, he began to really take an interest in us as a couple and would share personal anecdotes and get excited for us at each next step.
Describe the protocols Michael Feinman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
For my first egg retrieval Dr. Feinman put me on 225mg Gonal-F and 5mg HCG daily, after about 8 days we added in a Ganirelix injection nightly. After 10 days I wasn't responding well and only had 3-4 follicles developing appropriately. So on night 10 we triggered with a large HCG injection and had timed intercourse 48 hrs later. This attempt did not result in pregnancy. The second egg retrieval cycle we upped the Gonal-F to 300 mg daily and continued with the 5 mg HCG, we also added in 5 mg daily of clomid for the first 5 days then after about 12 of stims we added in Ganirelix daily. This resulted in an egg retrieval where we got 23 eggs retrieved. Of the 23 retrieved 17 were mature, 16 fertilized through ICSI, 11 made it to day 5 blasts, and 7 tested PGS normal. For our first transfer the protocol was 3 2mg estrogen pills a day for 3 weeks (I was travelling in Europe so I was taking estrogen the whole time until I could get back home for the transfer). After baseline blood work I took a .5cc injection of Progesterone in Oil in the morning and a 400 mg progesterone vaginal insert at night for 5 days. On the 6th day we did our frozen embryo transfer and continued with the progesterone until blood work on day 14 which showed I wasn't pregnant and the transfer had failed. After our failed transfer Dr. Feinman recommended we do an ERA. The Progesterone inserts had irritated my vagina so I was permitted to do a 1cc injection of Progesterone in OIl daily instead. For the ERA I took 3 pills of 2 mg of estrogen a day for 14 days, then after blood work I started the 1cc PIO injections. PIO went on for 5 days and on the 6th day the ERA biopsy was performed. The ERA showed that I needed an extra day of injections before transfer. For our second transfer we used the same protocol as the ERA andand transferred after 6 days of PIO instead of 5. The transfer was successful! I took the estrogen pills 3x a day until I was 8 weeks pregnant and continued the PIO injections until I was 10 weeks pregnant. I went in for weekly ultrasounds and bloodwork with Dr. Feinman until I was 10 weeks pregnant when I "graduated" to my regular OB.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dulce Ramirez)
Dulce was my assigned nurse coordinator at HRC Westlake with Dr. Feinman. She was very friendly, kind, and helpful. She took her time to answer all of my questions and act as a liaison between Dr. Feinman and myself whenever I had a question that would come up. She always answered the phone and quickly returned emails. She also performed all my blood draws. I was originally working with Dr. Feinman out of the HRC Encino office and was paired with another nurse coordinator named Josette. Josette failed to return calls, took 3 days to respond to emails, and even forgot to schedule/inform me necessary labs prior to my surgery. After having a difficult experience with Josette I transitioned to working with Dulce instead and it was night and day! I could have stayed at the Encino office and worked with Dulce remotely but I preferred to move offices and avoid Josette entirely. I am so happy that we made this choice because Dulce was fantastic and made me feel so taken care of.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Dr. Feinman works out of two main clinics - HRC Encino and HRC Westlake. Most of my appointments took place at HRC Westlake, however there were also several times I needed to be at the Encino location. HRC Westlake is a smaller office with about 4-5 exam rooms, a small waiting room, and Dr. Feinman's office. The office is a bit dated but offers everything you need for regular visits (ultrasounds, ERAs, blood work, consultations, etc.) however they are not equipped for procedures like HSG, hysteroscopy, and embryo transfer. Those surgical type procedures require you go to the Encino location where they have a designated surgery center (called RSA). The staff at HRC Westlake is phenomenal. They are very friendly and warm and make sure to greet you when you walk into the office. Even though Westlake was farther from my house than Encino I far preferred to go to the Westlake location for my appointments. HRC Encino is a larger facility and is very modernized in terms of decor. They have a large waiting room, over 10 exam rooms, consultation roms, offices, a separate payment department, and a designated surgery center (RSA). The staff at the Encino location is much colder and less friendly. The privacy partitions are always shut at the reception desk which blocks your ability to see/speak with the front desk staff. Parking is not free and HRC Encino will not validate your parking. The RSA surgery center is phenomenal and the staff there is top notch and very friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility.
Traditional IVF (office visits, ultrasounds, labs, egg retrieval, creation of embryos): $9600 Military IVF Pricing: $5600 Natural/Mini IVF Cycle: $6400 ICSI: $1700 Frozen Embryo Transfer (w/ Assisted Hatching): $3800 PGD/PGS Embryo Testing - up to 12 embryos: $5300 PGD/PGS for each embryo after 12: $250 Embryo Freezing: $800/year
Describe Michael Feinman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Before transfer I had read extensively about the outcomes of single transfers vs. multiple embryo transfers on Fertility IQ. We had PGS tested our embryos. Dr. Feinman agreed with the information on Fertility IQ, that someone my age (30) with PGS normal embryos had no reason to transfer more than one at a time. He felt that transferring multiple would only increase our odds of having multiples and wouldn't significantly increase our odds for successful transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility.

IUI, 2 IVF
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
after the first egg retrieval...he [Dr. Bradford Kolb] adjusted his calibrations for the second round which improved the egg quality and quantity for the second retrieval. Additionally, by being our Doctor during the latest miscarriage, he has already proposed a sweeping new plan for the next pregnancy, including blood thinners, immuno-suppressants, and hormone regimes...prefers a safe, conservative approach and suggests single transfers. He is open to dual transfers but that would be his upper limit. He was rather blunt on the idea of 3+ transfers.
The clinic [HRC] is bright, well appointed, and very efficient. It tends to be on the busy side and often has multiple patients in the waiting area. Wait times are low if you arrive at your appointment as scheduled; we prefer early mornings and are able to arrive on time for work in a different part of town without much difficulty...Nancy [nurse] has been there every step of the way with us. She's been our hype-woman and has offered to help pick us up when we felt loss. She's been a great advocate for us and works with both partners, not just the patient undergoing treatment. I've been included in the plans of care and she's been careful to make sure I don't feel left out.
IUI, 2 IVF
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Kolb has a great deal of experience and is a calm hand through a difficult process. He is very sensitive to our emotional well-being and has shown concern for our individual journey. He was the practitioner who identified the third miscarriage and I witnessed the moment he realized what had occurred. He briefly was surprised but shifted into a comforting role in the blink of an eye. His own shock was hidden from us and he was present for our heart break. I will always respect him for putting aside his own disappointment in order to care for us as people.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Don't be fooled by the aloof-seeming nature he presents. He takes a bit to open up and is genuinely a good guy. He cares and takes the time to learn about you. He may seem robotic at first but he's a good doctor. Very gentle as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
While Doctor Kolb can be awkward, he definitely has compassion for his patients. He was very careful following the miscarriage to share information when my wife & I were ready or asked questions. He has a busy practice but our interactions with him are friendly and warm.
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Honestly, as the male partner, I wasn't subject to the program my female partner went through. I do know that, after the first egg retrieval (which utilized both oral and injectables), he adjusted his calibrations for the second round which improved the egg quality and quantity for the second retrieval. Additionally, by being our Doctor during the latest miscarriage, he has already proposed a sweeping new plan for the next pregnancy, including blood thinners, immuno-suppressants, and hormone regimes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
Nancy has been there every step of the way with us. She's been our hype-woman and has offered to help pick us up when we felt loss. She's been a great advocate for us and works with both partners, not just the patient undergoing treatment. I've been included in the plans of care and she's been careful to make sure I don't feel left out.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is bright, well appointed, and very efficient. It tends to be on the busy side and often has multiple patients in the waiting area. Wait times are low if you arrive at your appointment as scheduled; we prefer early mornings and are able to arrive on time for work in a different part of town without much difficulty.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
The egg retrievals were $2500 a piece, medication (for stimulation) was $2100 per stimulation cycle, and DNC following miscarriage was $500 or so after co-pay.
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Kolb prefers a safe, conservative approach and suggests single transfers. He is open to dual transfers but that would be his upper limit. He was rather blunt on the idea of 3+ transfers.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.

3 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
I believe Dr. Wilcox is an exceptional, knowledgeable doctor with years of experience. ... We have had two failed transfers with pgs normal embryos and he only suggested one test (ERA) but does not believe in changing our protocol at all. ... I believe it is unconscionable that a doctor does not provide follow up care with failed treatments and that I had to demand follow up meetings.
I would NOT recommend HRC to any prospective patients. ... It seems they are most interested in generating profit rather than providing attentive care to people who are experiencing one of the most difficult things they can go through in their lives. ... HRC is completely overworked, overbooked, and overcrowded. ... The nurses are too busy, the doctors are busy and also too confident and cocky in their abilities ...
3 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
I believe Dr. Wilcox is an exceptional, knowledgeable doctor with years of experience. He has a calm, supportive and reassuring demeanor, however, he is a bit too confident in his abilities and unwilling to change or adjust his protocol. We have had two failed transfers with pgs normal embryos and he only suggested one test (ERA) but does not believe in changing our protocol at all. He also does not do follow up appointments and after two failed transfers, I had to push our clinic to demand a meeting with Dr. Wilcox. I believe it is unconscionable that a doctor does not provide follow up care with failed treatments and that I had to demand follow up meetings.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
I would not recommend HRC or Dr. Wilcox if you are seeking personalized, one-on-one care with a provider who has the time to respond to your concerns. However, if this is not a priority for you, then HRC and Dr. Wilcox are very capable and should hopefully get you success. They are not a good clinic for patients that have more difficult cases and need more specialized care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
HRC's clinic in Pasadena is completely overworked and understaffed. They have taken on too many patients, including a large number of foreign national patients. There have been many times where the waiting room is so crowded that patients have nowhere to sit. This in turn affects the level of care that the doctors and nurses provide us as patients. I have had very little interaction with Dr. Wilcox and he is so busy that he does not do follow up appointments with patients. I realize that we need to find a clinic and doctor that offers more personalized care.
Describe the protocols John Wilcox used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I did one egg retrieval with Dr. Wilcox which yielded 34 eggs, of which 28 were mature. All 28 were fertilized with ICSI and we ended up with 14 blastocysts. We sent the 14 embryos to be PGS tested and 6 came back PGS normal. He gave us a protocol of menopur and follistim and Lupron trigger. For FET #1, we did delestrogen injections every 3 days and then progesterone suppositories and sublingual progesterone 3 times a day. This resulted in a negative beta test (implantation failure) with our best PGS embryo. FET #2 I took 10mg daily of prednisone, delestrogen injections every 3 days and progesterone suppositories twice a day and progesterone injections once a day. This also resulted in a negative beta test (implantation failure) with our second best PGS embryo. Dr. Wilcox suggested ERA to determine if the timing is accurate but does not recommend any further immune testing or testing for endometritis or endometriosis. With each transfer, my lining has been perfect (10mm a week before the transfer, trilaminar stripe), my hysteroscopy showed a great uterine cavity. Dr Wilcox believes it is just a matter of time until we get pregnant and does not suggest any other testing so we will be switching doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nanette Villajoaquin)
Dr Wilcox's nursing staff is good and prompt in returning my calls and emails, however they do lack some compassion or empathy. For example, my nurse called with the negative beta results and did not say "I'm sorry" or any other words to provide comfort. I also think the nurses are completely overworked and understaffed.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC is completely overworked, overbooked, and overcrowded. It seems they are most interested in generating profit rather than providing attentive care to people who are experiencing one of the most difficult things they can go through in their lives. The nurses are too busy, the doctors are busy and also too confident and cocky in their abilities (which hasn't worked for us as we are not pregnant yet) and unwilling to change. They are more concerned with their foreign investments and their clinic is more about making a profit than providing personalized, attentive care. I would NOT recommend HRC to any prospective patients. They have good success rates but they treat you like a number. This is not worth it to me at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Wilcox at HRC Fertility.
We paid around $16,000 for egg retrieval, ICSI, and pgs testing on 14 embryos (including ultrasounds, blood tests, and one beta test and transfer). Our next FET cycle cost $3260 which includes a Kaiser discount. The medications were extra and varied in price.
Describe John Wilcox's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
We were NEVER told that my AMH was under 1 when we began trying to get pregnant. ... Dr. Nelson wanted to start with bloodwork and diagnostics to make sure that my body was functioning properly. He suggested we start with an ICI, which was very conservative and in hindsight, we have no idea why he would start there if he knew that my AMH was below 1. ... 2 years and over $50,000 have been spent without us knowing the proper information.
Strengths: the office [HRC Pasadena] is beautiful, the parking is free and it is convenient for people living in Pasadena. Weakness: there is awful communication and you are expected to know about fertility treatments at your consultation as a new patient. ... $3500-$4000 each round of IUI. ... We felt like a number because we had very little knowledge of the process in the beginning ... the nurse practitioner, who you've only met for 5 seconds blurts out, you should just go to IVF, it dehumanizes you and makes you feel like a failure and you are out of options.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
We didn't know much about fertility treatment when we began our fertility journey. Upon consultation, we were told that we should have started our treatment years ago, which was discouraging considering we had just gotten married and there was nothing we could do about that. We began with all diagnostics to make sure that everything in my body was working as it should, which was Dr. Nelson's suggestion. We were never told that anything wasn't "good." HRC Pasadena in general had many miscommunications and directions given to us that were not clear, from both the medical assistant assigned to our case to the financial coordinator. As we began our treatments with Dr. Nelson, which was close to our home and convenient, he began conservatively. We appreciated this because I came in believing, and was under the impression even after all the labs, that I was fertile Myrtle. We were NEVER told that my AMH was under 1 when we began trying to get pregnant. It wasn't until we were out of funds in 2017 where we were just paying our OBGYN to do IUIs that we consulted with another fertility doctor who went over our labs from 2015 and said that she would have started with IVF immediately back in 2015 to retrieve the eggs I had! I have been so so so so so disappointed in the fact that 2 years and over $50,000 have been spent without us knowing the proper information. We have taken time off to build up our financials so we can try retrievals once again AND here we are in 2019 now with nothing. I'm SO angry, upset, resentful and frustrated that my bloodwork and personal lab results were withheld and not given to me clearly in 2015 when I was 34 as they would have changed our plan and how we proceed. I also know now that if someone says something to you like, "you should have started your fertility journey years ago," they are NOT the person you should trust to guide you on your way to making a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Don't expect a physician to objectively explain your lab work or the process. Get educated and ask for all of your information and labs to be printed for you so you can get educated on your own.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
We felt like a number because we had very little knowledge of the process in the beginning and we trusted Dr. Nelson. During the first minute of our consult he said we were already behind because of our age. If he thought that we were so far behind, why did he start so conservatively? When you've experienced your 4th failed attempt at IUI and the nurse practitioner, who you've only met for 5 seconds blurts out, you should just go to IVF, it dehumanizes you and makes you feel like a failure and you are out of options.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Nelson used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Nelson wanted to start with bloodwork and diagnostics to make sure that my body was functioning properly. He suggested we start with an ICI, which was very conservative and in hindsight, we have no idea why he would start there if he knew that my AMH was below 1. We asked about using Clomid, which he didn't offer immediately. Going into our first insemination, we did use Clomid, per our own request, and we did request an IUI. After the first insemination, he thought the Clomid was pointless and he didn't suggest any other meds except the HCG trigger shot. We continued with 3 more IUIs using HCG trigger shots, none of them resulting in pregnancy. It was after our 4th insemination that the nurse practitioner, who we'd just met, said, "you should just do IVF." At that point we were done with this office and never received a call or follow up from Dr. Nelson.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Justina Wang)
Justina had a heavy accent, which made communicating about things which require so much detail, like giving yourself injections on specific days very challenging. We had NEVER gone through any form of fertility treatment before and this information was not given to us like we should know the process and what to do.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It a pretty clinic, which was very misleading because the facade of looking good didn't match the behind the scenes medical experience. Strengths: the office is beautiful, the parking is free and it is convenient for people living in Pasadena. Weakness: there is awful communication and you are expected to know about fertility treatments at your consultation as a new patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
Each time we did a round of IUI, it was $2000 for the procedure + the cost of meds + the cost of sperm = $3500-$4000 each round of IUI.
Describe Jeffrey Nelson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We never go to this point with Dr. Nelson.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.

I asked [Dr. Jane Frederick] about transfering 2 embryos however she was very specific based on my age and previous miscarriage she would only transfer one...was very helpful in understanding what was going on with us and also made sure to go over everything with us. I never felt like a number with her and she really cared for us...She would answer emails very quickly and was very responsive even outside business hours. We will be starting another round soon and she has been very helpful with explaining what will change and what we can do on top of the meds.
Liz was my coordinator for the retreival and Michelle was my coordinator for the transfer [at HRC]. Words can't describe how amazing they both are. So friendly, compassionate and polite. They helped answer any dumb questions that I had and we're just amazing!!...Retreival $21,500 +$3,000 retreival medicine (we had the embryos tested PGD and PGS) Transfer $3,800 + $1,000 transfer meds...HRC had everything down to a science. Blood work, scans and meetings all take place upstairs and the retreival and transfer are downstairs. They do their best to always make sure you are very comfortable!
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
The first meeting with Dr. Frederick she was really knowledgeable and asked us to get genetic testing. As soon as we got results it actually changed our plans. We then started IVF and she was there doing everything with us. She would answer emails very quickly and was very responsive even outside business hours. We will be starting another round soon and she has been very helpful with explaining what will change and what we can do on top of the meds.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
She is a bit blunt but I am a fan of that when it comes to medical. I want someone to tell me how it is. If you need something a bit more sugar coated then she may not be for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Dr Frederick was very helpful in understanding what was going on with us and also made sure to go over everything with us. I never felt like a number with her and she really cared for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Liz and Michelle)
Liz was my coordinator for the retreival and Michelle was my coordinator for the transfer. Words can't describe how amazing they both are. So friendly, compassionate and polite. They helped answer any dumb questions that I had and we're just amazing!!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility.
Describe Jane Frederick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
I asked about transfering 2 embryos however she was very specific based on my age and previous miscarriage she would only transfer one.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Because of our prior IVF’s he [Dr. John Norian] was comfortable doing a multiple embryo transfer. He did explain that isn’t the norm for him but he does take in account your age and prior treatments...was very kind and treated me like a person. He explained what he was lookin for during each ultra sound. He made sure all my questions were answered...His bedside manner was nothing but great. I truly believe he treated me on an individual case. There was noting cookie cutter about his treatment plan. I’ve never felt that way with previous doctors.
All procedures take place at the Pasadena office [of HRC]. And Dr.Norian completes them before starting work in Rancho. So there were times I had to leave at 3 am. There was confusion both times I went to the Pasadena office because you arrive before the receptionist. I wasn’t sure where to check in. I ended up sitting in the waiting room and just waiting until they came out looking for me. When I went in for my transfer, they use another door and I couldn’t hear them calling my name. Finally about 20 min after my appointment time hey called me.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
He was the first doctor to get a positive result. During our treatment we had to cancel and start another protocol. While I was upset at first about this he took the time to explain the why behind the decision. He did give me he choice as a patient to continue the treatment without change but made sure I knew why he recommended the new protocol. His bedside manner was nothing but great. I truly believe he treated me on an individual case. There was noting cookie cutter about his treatment plan. I’ve never felt that way with previous doctors.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian has a large client base and it can take some time to be seen. Allow yourself extra time when visiting the clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr.Norian was very kind and treated me like a person. He explained what he was lookin for during each ultra sound. He made sure all my questions were answered.
Describe the protocols John Norian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Unsure
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chen)
Our nurse and I had a language barrier which made it hard to ask questions and understand what she was saying. Multiple times my husband and I left her office so confused. We had confusion on our medication order. When she placed our medication order she included medication for egg retrieval and FET. At first I was told we would do a greasy transfer so I wasn’t sure why she was ordering all that medication. After many back and forth I figured out that the FET medication would be needed in either case. In the end we did end up doing a FET after retrieval.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very busy. Expect wait times to be long at times. The office is very clean. Also, expect your procedure to be very early. All procedures take place at the Pasadena office. And Dr.Norian completes them before starting work in Rancho. So there were times I had to leave at 3 am. There was confusion both times I went to the Pasadena office because you arrive before the receptionist. I wasn’t sure where to check in. I ended up sitting in the waiting room and just waiting until they came out looking for me. When I went in for my transfer, they use another door and I couldn’t hear them calling my name. Finally about 20 min after my appointment time hey called me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Norian at HRC Fertility.
About $1500 out of pocket because of insurance coverage.
Describe John Norian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Because of our prior IVF’s he was comfortable doing a multiple embryo transfer. He did explain that isn’t the norm for him but he does take in account your age and prior treatments.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility.

5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
[Protocol from Dr. Feinman included] Menopur in the hope that I could do timed intercourse, for a period of 6 months, to see if I could fall pregnant without the need for an IUI or IVF procedure...Didn't understand my personal situation and nor did he bother to check for himself...didn't think to test me himself to verify my case or situation. His reasoning was that he was trying to save me money, however he put me on a protocol which was very promising but completely unrealistic, causing me to spend $5000 on medication that just compromised my health and served no purpose. He then measured my FSH levels after taking copious amounts of Menopur which is es
[The nurse at HRC was] Pleasant enough, though a little short with her email responses. We didn't interact all that much, other than for bloodwork which was fine. Her response time was a little delayed...errors forgetting to charge for things, then charging at a later date... place wasn't welcoming or inviting. All things that really matter when you are doing a procedure of this kind...$1,210.00 for Blood-Work and Ultrasound as we were aiming for Fertility Medication and timed intercourse.
5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
He took my word as gospel and didn't think to test me himself to verify my case or situation. His reasoning was that he was trying to save me money, however he put me on a protocol which was very promising but completely unrealistic, causing me to spend $5000 on medication that just compromised my health and served no purpose. He then measured my FSH levels after taking copious amounts of Menopur which is essentially FSH, and proceeded to tell me my FSH was too high and that we had to stop the whole process. He said I would need an egg donor and that his wife who worked at an agency could help me. I was in tears and it emotionally has scarred me. When I relayed what the doctor told me to my husband, my husband asked to speak to him over the phone. The doctor then proceeded to tell my husband, that perhaps measuring my FSH levels after taking Menopur wasn't the most accurate indicator after all, but that he "Suspected" they wouldn't change much. However, when my new doctor after him measured my levels of FSH, it showed that they were really low. Dr. Hubert wasted my time and a lot of money and has emotionally damaged me so much, not to mention he was rude and dismissive each time I saw him.
Stay clear!
Dr. Feinman did not listen to my concerns. He was more interested in spewing out his knowledge and personal thoughts. Every time I saw him, he would interrupt me, would sound irritated by my questions. Half of the time he didn't remember ever having met me.
Menopur in the hope that I could do timed intercourse, for a period of 6 months, to see if I could fall pregnant without the need for an IUI or IVF procedure. It was a waste of time. Didn't understand my personal situation and nor did he bother to check for himself.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The Westlake Office was small, felt a little deserted and old. Minimal going on here, doctors visits, blood-work and ultrasounds. Actual procedures were done at their other offices. The receptionist here was very sweet but a little absent-minded, forgetful and not exactly the smartest tool in the box.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Coffler] has his one protocol that he uses for everyone (microdose lupron) even though that is only indicated for poor responders. I received my protocol and questioned it once I began researching what it was. When I tried to get him on the phone to discuss...He said this protocol is just what they use to get good results for everyone...We got fewer eggs than my antral follicle count. This protocol wasn’t great for me. We only got 1 PGS normal embryo that was mediocre quality.
Angel is the IVF coordinator for HRC Oceanside. She is kind and does what she can to help the patients through their questions and requests. She was great training us on all of our injections. However, clinic policies hinder information flow and make it frustrating to ask questions and then not receive information...My prescriptions for IVF weren’t called into the pharmacy until the day I showed up for baseline and they realized they hadn’t been ordered. I was supposed to pick them up that day. Instead I had to drive 45 minutes to the clinic again the next day to get them and started the injections later in the day than I was supposed to.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Coffler does not seem like he is open to the newest research or to customizing his protocols for each patient. He is very kind and optimistic (overly so), but he does not want to be questioned about the protocol even when the research did not indicate it as right for me. He has his one protocol that he uses for everyone (microdose lupron) even though that is only indicated for poor responders. I received my protocol and questioned it once I began researching what it was. When I tried to get him on the phone to discuss, the front desk kept saying they might charge me over a hundred dollars for a phone consultation. In the end they did not charge me and I only took 5 minutes of his time. He said this protocol is just what they use to get good results for everyone. I trusted in the CDC statistics and didn’t question it further, but it didn’t work well for us in the end.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Don’t see Dr. Coffler. Aside from the problems I had with him as a Dr., the clinic is horrible to deal with in many ways and you can’t see him without dealing with HRC policies.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Dr Coffler and his team did treat me like a human. Angel, the NP IVF coordinator in particular was very helpful and explained how to do all our injections kindly. Dr. Coffler was always kind.
Describe the protocols Mickey Coffler used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Microdose lupron protocol, with birth control pill priming in order to schedule all the patients for certain retrieval dates per month. They put everyone on birth control for scheduling, but it turns out this can suppress the number of follicles that respond and you can get fewer eggs than you might without birth control pills. We got fewer eggs than my antral follicle count. This protocol wasn’t great for me. We only got 1 PGS normal embryo that was mediocre quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel Calfee)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC has several policies that I only learned about as we were going through IVF that really bothered me: 1) You have to decide whether you will pay some $5500 lump sum for PGS testing of embryos before you even know how many embryos have made it to biopsy. The cost does not change no matter how many embryos you have, so you could be paying that much for 1 embryo. 2) The clinic is not open on weekends. This is a BIG PROBLEM. This prevents you from having sufficient monitoring during egg retrieval cycles and the drug dosage can’t be adjusted as finely. You also can’t get questions answered on the weekend. There is no access to Dr. Coffler for questions. 3) The clinic batches all patients for particular retrieval dates each month so you have to take birth control pills. These can suppress the number of eggs you are able to retrieve and reduce your chances of success. 4) Once your embryos are created, getting information about them is a black box. Other clinics allow you to speak to people in the embryology lab. At HRC, there is NO access to anyone at the embryology lab. You can only receive information from Angel and she is not able to convey the kind of information that an embryologist would have. Also, they do not give Day 3 updates about the progress of the embryos. At the end, I was only able to get all of the information about my embryos be requesting my full medical record and calling the PGS lab. I never received a full PGS report about my embryos besides “complex abnormal”, whereas other PGS labs will give a breakdown of the chromosome errors. I did get this over the phone but it was hard to take down and I don’t know if I got it right. They do it this way because HRC uses its own in-house PGS Lab rather than one of the bigger commercial labs. They pocket all the profits at every stage and provide subpar service which is not up to the standards of other commercial options. It would be fine if they gave you the information and service others provide (since you’re paying just as much), but they don’t.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility.
Total cycle cost was just over $17k not including medication, but including $5050 lump sum for PGS testing. I spent just under $2k on medications ordered from overseas.
Describe Mickey Coffler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Coffler only transfers 1 embryo except in select circumstance which have to be justified, like older patients with poor quality embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] is open to transferring two embryos at a time since we are open to the possibility of twins. No more because the risk of high multiples is to great and the chance of pregnancy not increased enough...always takes as long as I need... is good at what he does. I liked him a lot, and if I do this again I would choose him again...This resulted in 25 eggs, so the planned trigger was changed to a lupron trigger (unknown dose) to prevent OHSS.
team [at HRC] is great at keeping in constant contact and answering questions. They are also genuinely excited to see you make progress in this crazy process...is a peaceful place to go...Claire [nurse] is kind and compassionate, thoughtful and informative. I appreciate everything she has done...Full IVF cycle, plus genetic testing (generic and specific) and freezing for a year $18k. Drugs is another 4-5k. Not finished yet, so not totally sure of final tally there.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Nelson is good at what he does. I liked him a lot, and if I do this again I would choose him again. His team is great at keeping in constant contact and answering questions. They are also genuinely excited to see you make progress in this crazy process.
I'm sorry you need fertility treatments. HRC is a peaceful place to go deal with hell and Dr Nelson a steady guide through.
In spite of how full the waiting room usually is, I am always seen promptly and even the phlebotomists remember me from the previous visit and can pick up from the previous conversation. My regular nurse always seems delighted to see us, and the Dr always takes as long as I need.
For egg retrieval we did one cycle. Treatment was 375 ml(?) follistim and 1 vial menapour. This resulted in 25 eggs, so the planned trigger was changed to a lupron trigger (unknown dose) to prevent OHSS. I did not get OHSS but it was still rough. By collection, follicles are about marble sized and stretching the uterus a lot. Currently in the beginning of the FET cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Claire Delarmente)
Claire is kind and compassionate, thoughtful and informative. I appreciate everything she has done to help make this process approachable to a noob.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
There is a sign in the elevator, no children in the office please. The lobby has multiple different chairs, which during egg retrieval bloat I found myself switching around until I found the comfortable one. No doubt everyone has a different "comfortable one" at that point so this is a great feature you might not think to look for. The lobby is also classy but comfortable. No matter how full the lobby i always got seen promptly. The coffee in the lobby is my only complaint. It's is not good. Bring your own if you care about that.
Dr Nelson is open to transferring two embryos at a time since we are open to the possibility of twins. No more because the risk of high multiples is to great and the chance of pregnancy not increased enough.

2016 - 2019
Each transfer [with Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] has been 2 embryos implanted each time...is very kind and has a soothing bedside manner. He walks you through each step of the procedure as he is doing it. I appreciate his kindness and empathy...I found that sometimes I had to do some research and bring it to him vs. him proactively recommending protocols...I underwent 3 unsuccessful IUIs, followed by 3 egg retrievals. My first transfer was a fresh transfer that resulted in a successful pregnancy but ultimately went into pre-term labor at 5 months which resulted in the loss of our daughter. In our subsequent transfers - we did the endometrial biopsy, hysteroscopy and proceeded with FETs, the current cycle is a long cycle using Depot Lupron for 2 doses rather than the daily Lupron shot.
the financial team [at HRC] certainly has much room for improvement as messaging is inconsistent and they do not have the detail orientation and follow through that I would prefer when spending this amount of money...She [nurse] follows up in a timely manner, and I appreciate that response level. She's also worked with me to receive the best coverage possible as I am paying out of pocket and the costs can get quite high. For example - one dose of Lupron was $1400, and she helped to manage that.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Dr Nelson is a great doctor and very kind throughout the process. I found that sometimes I had to do some research and bring it to him vs. him proactively recommending protocols. The area of improvement is largely with the admin staff - the financial team certainly has much room for improvement as messaging is inconsistent and they do not have the detail orientation and follow through that I would prefer when spending this amount of money.
Do your homework and go in with questions. He will listen and address your questions.
Dr. Nelson is very kind and has a soothing bedside manner. He walks you through each step of the procedure as he is doing it. I appreciate his kindness and empathy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chloe)
She follows up in a timely manner, and I appreciate that response level. She's also worked with me to receive the best coverage possible as I am paying out of pocket and the costs can get quite high. For example - one dose of Lupron was $1400, and she helped to manage that.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The financial team is a weakness, they are not good with follow-through or completing what they have promised you. I have been waiting for some outcomes for weeks without response. It is quite frustrating as a long time patient that has spent so much money with them.
Each FET cycle is $3800, Embryo storage is $750, meds per cycle are $500-$1500 per cycle, Egg Retrieval was $10,000
Each transfer has been 2 embryos implanted each time

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Norian from my experience would usually say like over all I’m pleased with the result when he checked my blood works, follicles. I also had a couple of blood work results that were a bit abnormal and he would point it out to me and prescribed me a medication and coach me on lifestyle changes that I needed to do. ... Sometimes or some tests he failed to give me feedback so that’s when I have to initiate and ask him things like what do you think of my husband’s sperm analysis result, how are my follicles responding to the treatment. I am still half way through my IVF process but I am pleased in general with how Dr. Noraian is managing my treatment.
Strengths: -clinic [HRC] is clean -most of the staff are courteous and friendly -wait time when I went for ultrasound/bloodwork was not bad at all Weakness -took me about a month to get a schedule for initial consultation -their main receptionist is not so courteous in person and during phone calls ... Their monitoring is in the mornings. Weekend monitoring is in another branch about about 30 miles away
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian from my experience would usually say like over all I’m pleased with the result when he checked my blood works, follicles. I also had a couple of blood work results that were a bit abnormal and he would point it out to me and prescribed me a medication and coach me on lifestyle changes that I needed to do. He would give feedbacks like that. Sometimes or some tests he failed to give me feedback so that’s when I have to initiate and ask him things like what do you think of my husband’s sperm analysis result, how are my follicles responding to the treatment. I am still half way through my IVF process but I am pleased in general with how Dr. Noraian is managing my treatment.
Do your research in advance if you can because Dr. Norian or even most doctors I think, don’t really give a detailed explanation of everything in the process and if they do you will most probably be overwhelmed while in the clinic. Also make make a list of the questions you might have for Dr. Norian and his team.
I can tell that Dr. Norian is always really busy but he always managed to ask how I am doing. Although always briefly, but he makes it a point to explain his plan of care for me and informs me if my results are good or not.
Birth control pills for about 2 weeks, then injections for about 10 days. Follistim, menopur. Ganirelix was added in the last few days. Trigger shot was lupron. Mood swings, fatigue and mild OHSS towards egg retrieval day and after were the side effects that I experienced.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes. Michelle)
My nurse coordinator always answered my calls and emails promptly. The only thing is she can be sarcastic when I clarify certain things about the treatment that I don’t understand.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strengths: -clinic is clean -most of the staff are courteous and friendly -wait time when I went for ultrasound/bloodwork was not bad at all Weakness -took me about a month to get a schedule for initial consultation -their main receptionist is not so courteous in person and during phone calls
$17,000+ including PGS ,ICSI but not including meds and mock IVF

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Wilcox is straight to the point and gets amazing results. While we didn't have our hands held along the way, we always felt like we were in good hands under his direction. I wish we had a bit more interaction with him but have had amazing results to date. ... If you want someone to dry your tears or hold your hand along the way, I would recommend a different doctor. But you have the trust him, as he gets amazing results and his support staff is wonderful.
While the clinic [HRC] was always packed with patients and families, I never had to wait very long. The finance department was very easy to work with. The facility was very nice, clean and comfortable. ... All the coordinators we worked with were wonderful. All emails and phone calls were returned within a few hours, all questions were answered and next steps were always explained. I also really loved the nurse practitioner.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Wilcox is straight to the point and gets amazing results. While we didn't have our hands held along the way, we always felt like we were in good hands under his direction. I wish we had a bit more interaction with him but have had amazing results to date. Of the 34 eggs retrieved, we had 11 come back healthy post PGS testing.
Didn't have much interaction with the Dr. after our consultation... we communicated with the nursing staff, who are all amazing!
We started with IUI, as it is much cheaper and an easy process. He said to try IUI 4-5 times but we could move forward with IVF whenever we wanted. We had two failed IUI's with clomid and then switched to IVF. The injectables we used were Follistim, low dose HCG Pregnyl, Ganirelix Acetate and Doxycycline. I had an incredible response... 34 eggs retrieved, 30 were ICSIED by the sperm and 25 were normally fertilized. We had 16 get to the blastacyst stage and 11 were genetically normal after the PGS testing. We are waiting to do the first transfer, as we have some upcoming travel and Wilcox recommends to not fly until 6 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
While the clinic was always packed with patients and families, I never had to wait very long. The finance department was very easy to work with. The facility was very nice, clean and comfortable. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IVF: $9,600 ICSI: $1,700 PGS of 12 Embryos: $5,300 Medication: $3,455 Anesthesia: $600 Embryo Freezing: $800 Transfers: $3,800 + medication
Because I am still pretty young (30), Dr. Wilcox recommends single embryo transfer, which is what my husband and I prefer.
+ Read more- Read less

Since, I was diagnosed with PCOS, Dr. Kolb put me on Menopur and Gonal-F for egg stimulation and Cetrotide as well. Also, Leuprolide for trigger ... He shows compassion with the way he treats me as a patient and also the way he treats my husband. He makes an effort to get to know us and always clarifies everything to make sure we understand the process.
The clinic [HRC] is very clean and has a very comforting ambiance. A couple of weaknesses I can think of is there parking. A bit small, but it's free so really nothing too negative to say about that. Another thing is their blood laboratory. There was blood splatter on the chair that wasn't cleaned and also against the walls right where they dispense the used bloody needles. I wish they would clean that area more.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
The moment we met him during our consultation, we were already very at ease with him. He's very well-mannered and sympathizes with his patients. He shows compassion with the way he treats me as a patient and also the way he treats my husband. He makes an effort to get to know us and always clarifies everything to make sure we understand the process. He makes us part of the team and provides more than enough information so we make the right decision.
Be open and ask questions. Always be positive and take the advice, but if you're not comfortable let him know. Avoid miscommunication or misunderstanding by asking questions. Whatever bothers you address it because it helps more than it will hurt.
Dr. Kolb is very well-mannered and we were so at ease or comfortable with him the moment we met him. He's very confident and and answers all the questions we asked. We were always greeted positively and he makes an effort to get to know us.
Since, I was diagnosed with PCOS, Dr. Kolb put me on Menopur and Gonal-F for egg stimulation and Cetrotide as well. Also, Leuprolide for trigger. I was in medication for about 12 days and we did egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cristina Perez)
I was initially assigned a different nurse at our first cycle and during the stimulation process. When it was time for transfer I was assigned Cristina. Cristina was really great. She's very organized and responds to emails right away. Cristina and Jennifer are a great team. The first team of nurses I was assigned to were not as organized and involved with us. There was a bit of disconnect and miscommunication. I'm glad to have been transferred to Cristina and Jennifer. They are absolutely wonderful!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and has a very comforting ambiance. A couple of weaknesses I can think of is there parking. A bit small, but it's free so really nothing too negative to say about that. Another thing is their blood laboratory. There was blood splatter on the chair that wasn't cleaned and also against the walls right where they dispense the used bloody needles. I wish they would clean that area more.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
It was a very efficient process. When you check-in, you wait for reasonable time and gets called for blood work and then head to a exam room. The restrooms are conveniently located near the exam rooms and the actual ultrasound happens within 15 minutes. After than, we head to a conference room to go over results and next steps with the nurse and Dr. Kolb. Always so efficient.
Almost $17,000 the first round and the second cycle cost us $14,540.
We decided on switching fertility doctors and ultimately commit with Dr. Kolb because he was willing to put two embryos, if possible, to give us higher chance of at least one of the embryos to implant.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Being that Dr. Nelson was softer spoken, he still made you feel hope even when you felt all things were lost. Going through many transfers that failed, each time he would take the time and speak with us and answer all questions without making us feel his time was limited or he had another patient. ... I was diagnosed with a cyst that all my previous doctors had missed
Prior to Connie, the previous Cooridnators seemed to be stretched very thin and didnt communicate as thoroughly and effectively. ... One issue I experience [with HRC] was the lack of responsiveness from their financial department. I would go weeks sometimes before getting return calls. ... There were times where I had to wait an unabsorbent amount of time due to scheduling issues. Most labs were handled directly at the clinic which made things more efficient and the LVNs did a great job everytime.
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Upon first meeting Dr. Nelson he was a soft spoken doctor yet presented himself very honestly. Being novice in the IVF world I felt my husband and I were very fortunate cross paths with him. Not knowing a lot about IVF, I truly was unaware of what this journey would take. Dr. Nelson sat down with my husband and I discussed everything that was presented in our case he approached the good the and and ugly. He explained some factors that he could see through testing yet kept reminding us the IVF is no guarantee and it can be a long process. Even though he presented the reality of what could come he was compassionate and brought hope to the issue and assured us he would work through all issues. I was diagnosed with a cyst that all my previous doctors had missed which unfortunately lead to me losing one of my ovaries further compromising the opportunity of having a child due to limited egg availability. Dr. Nelson presented his finding and then made sure I was referred to one of the highest ranked surgeon's in the area in hope I might be able to save my ovary (which was not the case in the end). Dr. Nelson's attention to care and keeping our future goals in mind throughout his treatment and our care. Finding the specialist to treatment my cyst was not the only time Dr. Nelson went lengths to try to help us. During my second year of treatment and after 3 failed transfers, Dr Nelson suggested doing a procedure that would be working with a doctor at Yale University to determine if I had something else going on in the tissue. He truly was vested in a positive outcome! Being that Dr. Nelson was softer spoken, he still made you feel hope even when you felt all things were lost. Going through many transfers that failed, each time he would take the time and speak with us and answer all questions without making us feel his time was limited or he had another patient.
Be patient even if you do not get the results you want in the beginning. That was the most trying part for my husband and I. IVF is truly a journey where patience grows and grace is extended to yourself and team around you.
Dr. Nelson and staff we very compassionate and understanding through the journey of IVF. Dr Nelson performed all scan and took the time to answer questions that arose prior, during and post each process. His staff were very understanding when things didnt arise in the outcome we hoped for and the staff and Dr. Nelson were genuinely invested in trying to have a success in the IVF process.
My IVF journey started not using Lupron in the beginning yet after the first failed transfer it was quickly added. My journey began with a retrieval intended to freeze thr embryos at day 3. The retrieval cycle began with taking Birth control for a few weeks after my period, then I would begin stimulation drugs (Gonal F, Menupur) for a couple weeks and then 36 hours before the retrieval I took Pregnl. During the stimulation cycle I would have blood draws to monitor my levels and ultrasounds to monitor the follicle growth/development. The decision on what stipulation drugs prescribed was decided by Dr. Nelson based on what my case presented. During the transfers, each one after the begin after being on birth control was a 3-week Lupron cycle (daily injections) and then at the last week of Lupron the dosage would be stepped down and Estradiol would begin. Ultrasounds and blood work would be taken to monitor estrogen and progesterone levels. As we got closer to the transfer date (I believe 2.5 weeks prior) progesterone dosing was started. My first 2 transfer cycles I was on oral and vaginal progesterone dosing and intramuscular injection after the transfer due to low levels of progesterone. Upon transfer 3-5 I was changed to micro dosage of vaginal progesterone which was slowing increased (25mg in the beginning) through the transfer date to 200mg along with IM injections of progesterone oil. This protocol was actually determined through the testing with Yale University and Dr. Nelson.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
During my journey I have had 3 different coordinators yet my most recent one (Connie) was phenomenal. She made herself available to be reached beyond the work hours, answered questions thoroughly and would get the answer if she didnt know. Sometimes during my visits at the office, Connie would be out and I would experience the difference between her responsiveness and others. When medication orders (i had many throughout the multiple years) were not handled timely, Connie would do everything to ensure I had what was needed on time even if that meant lending me medication from the clinic where others had left me hanging and delaying my cycle due their inefficiency or lack if prioritizing. Prior to Connie, the previous Cooridnators seemed to be stretched very thin and didnt communicate as thoroughly and effectively. I had times where my medication would be ordered in time or lack of communication about my blood results or lab orders being written correctly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Scheduling at the clinic was pretty simple, most of my appointments after the initial consultation were handled by my coordinator. There were times where I had to wait an unabsorbent amount of time due to scheduling issues. Most labs were handled directly at the clinic which made things more efficient and the LVNs did a great job everytime. One issue I experience was the lack of responsiveness from their financial department. I would go weeks sometimes before getting return calls. However, I was able to resolve the issue with their fiscal person upon leaving my appointment. It was frustrating that I could not get someone available on the phone to handle things more efficiently. That would be an area the clinic could improve.
An IVF complete cycle with retrieval and frozen transfer to include ICSI and assisted hatching was approximately $18,000 which include a year of freezing of embryos. The medication was approximately ($5,000 for the egg stimulation cycle and $3500 for the transfer cycle).
Dr. Nelson allowed my husband and I to determine how many embryos we transferred. He gave us medical opinion and discussed the potential risks of transferring multiple embroyos. Dr. Nelson did select the embroyos to be transferred however would always as if we had a preference of which embroyos we wanted, yet we deferred that decision as we respected his medical decision.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Norian is very honest and will definitely let you know how things are going. During my cycle leading to a retrieval I had to call him on weekends and at night and he was always there to pick up the phone. ... Dosages were adjusted as I went through the retrieval process. He was very careful not to over stimulate. I expressed my concerns regarding that matter.
The clinic [HRC] seems to have become more popular for this side of town. It is sometimes difficult to get appointments at a certain time. The nurses were good but sometimes they seemed stressed because they were short people. This clinic seems to be understaffed and would benefit of hiring some more nurses. ... Scheduling was a bit of a nightmare because you had to go in before 11:00 am to get blood results that afternoon.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian is very honest and will definitely let you know how things are going. During my cycle leading to a retrieval I had to call him on weekends and at night and he was always there to pick up the phone. After I was confirmed pregnant, I called him for a concern I had at 8pm on his vacation and he was quick to answer the phone and help. I would say one of his weaknesses is running late in the office. He has started to get more popular and the office seems more busy now, which causes him to run late with appointments. I still think it’s a good thing, because that means he doesn’t just rush you out of his office when you have questions or concerns.
Ask a lot of questions. Make sure to write down answers if you need it or have them email you information so that it is in writing.
Dr Norian has always been very delicate and chooses his words wisely. He does not sugar coat anything but, he is considerate of your feelings.
Dosages were adjusted as I went through the retrieval process. He was very careful not to over stimulate. I expressed my concerns regarding that matter. A previous doctor had over stimulated and then cancelled my treatment. He knew I was very worried about this happening and he always kept me up to date with dosages and provided reasoning as to why he was decreasing or increasing meds.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
The care coordinator was helpful to an extent. I believe she is used for out of the country patients who speak another language. My difficulty with her was the language barrier. Often it was hard to communicate certain things to her because she spoke broken English. Although, she was hard to understand, she still provided as much help as she could.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic seems to have become more popular for this side of town. It is sometimes difficult to get appointments at a certain time. The nurses were good but sometimes they seemed stressed because they were short people. This clinic seems to be understaffed and would benefit of hiring some more nurses.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
Scheduling was a bit of a nightmare because you had to go in before 11:00 am to get blood results that afternoon. Ultrasounds were all done around the same time. If the time wasn’t available in afternoon you have to take off work and come during not so favorable hours.
I went in months before my treatment and prices were going to go up. I ended up paying for treatment 3 months before. I paid a total of 18,800 to the clinic. Then another 3,200 for medication. Now the prices have been raised. I will be going back for more treatments.
Dr. Norian is not a fan of transferring more than one embryo. He will of course do what you want, but does provide you with information why transferring more than one embryo is considered a high risk.

IUI, 1 IVF
As a patient you feel treated like an equal. Your input does matter and Dr. Boostanfar goes the extra mile to make sure you understand his reasoning and makes you part of the treatment. ... If you feel you don’t fully understand his motivation he will address that. He is up to date with his knowledge of expertise and the fact that he suggested mini ivf at my age only proves that, since it is the quality and not the quantity that matters.
Prices are what they are but they work with a finance team [HRC] if you need it. The whole team acts like a family and will do all in their power to make you feel comfortable ... Brandy is the face of sympathy. She will make sure that issues that were not or forgotten to discuss will be addressed. She will make time for you and make you feel you are the only patient there. If a question arises when home you can email her and she replies back ASAP if not the same moment. Very approachable
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is a genuine and I am glad he was my first experience as a fertility doctor. As previously said, he treats you as his partner in the treatment and goes the extra mile with his RN Brandy to meet your fertility/emotional need. If you feel you don’t fully understand his motivation he will address that. He is up to date with his knowledge of expertise and the fact that he suggested mini ivf at my age only proves that, since it is the quality and not the quantity that matters.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is busy but he will take his time to make sure all is clear. However it is better to have your questions ready for him. Fertility is seen as very personal hence some topics remained unspoken, but they should be discussable and he is the right person for it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
As mentioned I underwent the mini ivf, as it has become more and more clear that full blown high dosages of fertility hormones increase the number but not necessarily the quality of the eggs. I had a gentle cycle with injectables and low dose of everything. I had barely any side effects and experienced a pregnancy from the first cycle. Unfortunately ended in miscarriage due to genetic defect. So specifics: a mini ivf including the egg retrieval (my own), since only 3 eggs available, opted for ICSI to ascertain feryilization, topped it up with endometrial scratching which in peer reviewed journals has shown to be somewhat beneficial in some.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Brandy Cravens)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Sometimes the wait times but then again you are met in a very personal way. Prices are what they are but they work with a finance team if you need it. The whole team acts like a family and will do all in their power to make you feel comfortable
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
Mini ivf with additional anesthésia and the medication around 13500
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Boostanfar tailors his treatment to his individual patients. There is no “one fits all” principle and I can only express an opinion about my case, older age, max 2 to transfer since you don’t want add risk to mother and baby in case of multiples of higher number would be added. I had only 2 embryos but even if I had 3 still 2 would be transferred.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.

Dr. March always makes time for you, we never felt rushed and he provided detailed information about the procedure. He has the BEST bedside manner, literally sits on the bed with you and makes eye contact, very empathetic but also gives you a plan...he says things like "I like Lupron and Lupron is fine for an FET but I don't like it for YOU." It is things like this that make me trust that he is individualizing my care, unlike other REs who have used a one size fits all protocol at times.
[HRC is] Organized, clean, compassionate - I saw a sign that said please don't bring kids to a certain floor as it is a trigger for others. Easy to schedule, billing is a breeze. They get back to you quickly and I had no issues...[The nurse is] So thorough with follow up. Quick to respond and she will always find a time to talk with Dr. March if she doesn't know the answers. Amazing, love her!...Hysteroscopy - with 3 weeks of the balloon placed along with estrogen before and after. He likes to use estrogen prior to the procedure so he can map your uterus. I wouldn't have a hysteroscopy without the estrogen prep! He is also saying No lupron or BCP prior to a FET for those with thin lining. Instead, start estrogen on Day 2! Nurse
How was your experience with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
Dr. March used real life analogies like baseball and even war to help my husband understand our fertility better. He has a wonderful sense of humor while also exuding the utmost confidence in treatment that is specialized and tailored to ME. For example, he says things like "I like Lupron and Lupron is fine for an FET but I don't like it for YOU." It is things like this that make me trust that he is individualizing my care, unlike other REs who have used a one size fits all protocol at times.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles March at HRC Fertility?
If you have Asherman's or thin lining contact him! If I lived in LA I would use him for IVF and I have even considered moving my embryos to him if my local REs don't agree on a protocol for me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Charles March used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Adriana)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles March at HRC Fertility.
My insurance covered the hysteroscopy. Not sure for IVF.
Describe Charles March's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
He likes PGS with Day 5 embryos and 1 transferred.
Charles March
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Charles March at HRC Fertility.

Dr. Peck was very thorough with her visits with us and always made sure we understood every step of our process, she was compassionate, patient, understanding, and knowledgeable... I liked that she never pushed for a particular agenda with our treatment, she always provided information and let us (my husband and I) consult with each other and make our choices. I like that Dr. Peck is so patient, compassionate, and shares our triumphs us with which makes us feel like we are a team, instead feeling like it's us vs doctors. I've been very happy with her level of care during out IVF process which we are still in the middle of, we look forward to the next steps in our journey with Dr. Peck as our guide.
Our Care Coordinator [at HRC] is very thorough with our consultations with us and helps to further educate us on our process. She always promptly responds to my emails when I have questions and I appreciated that more than anything, she was always available...The clinic employs friendly staff who are available to answer questions, provide information, and go the extra mile to work with our insurance carrier. We appreciated the billing department's staff advocating for us with our insurance carrier and even providing invoices that they don't usually provide so that my husband and I could be reimburse through our insurance company for certain treatment procedures.
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
From the beginning of our process with Dr. Peck she has always taken the time to explain all information, including risks, and encouraged us to make our decisions regarding our treatment based on the information she provided. I liked that she never pushed for a particular agenda with our treatment, she always provided information and let us (my husband and I) consult with each other and make our choices. I like that Dr. Peck is so patient, compassionate, and shares our triumphs us with which makes us feel like we are a team, instead feeling like it's us vs doctors. I've been very happy with her level of care during out IVF process which we are still in the middle of, we look forward to the next steps in our journey with Dr. Peck as our guide.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Share any concerns you may have about treatment or your process with Dr. Peck so that she may provide you with information and knowledge to make the possible decision for you and your partner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
During our egg retrieval Dr. Peck adjusted possible dates and dosages of medications based on the growth of our follicles during the time I was taking stimulation medication. Towards the end of our cycle Dr. Peck monitored our progress very closely by having me do daily ultrasounds and blood draws. She took the time to explain the reason for my feeling so much discomfort and overall pain (high number of follicles developing), she explained the reasons for the delay during my egg retrieval and explained the benefits of waiting longer for egg retrieval (waiting until most of the follicles reached full maturity). We appreciated the close attention paid to our progress during our egg retrieval. During the day of our egg retrieval she came in and spoke to me and told me what to expect and even after the procedure she came in and provided us with our results and I truly appreciated her answering questions despite being very busy and treating multiple patients including ourselves.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly Solis)
Our Care Coordinator is very thorough with our consultations with us and helps to further educate us on our process. She always promptly responds to my emails when I have questions and I appreciated that more than anything, she was always available. During the time when we ordering our stimulation medications she went above and beyond to help our insurance cover the medications by writing a letter of medical necessity on our behalf very quickly and our medications were approved which was a huge help financially for us. We appreciate Kimberly sharing her own personal experiences with the treatments we were going through and telling me what to expect during the process.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.
Embryo testing, PICSI, genetic counseling, and stimulation medications.
Describe Alison Peck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We have not completed a transfer cycle yet.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.

He [Dr. Coffler] addressed our questions. He does not typically go into detail when communicating, so sometimes I felt like I had to ask more questions to understand at the level that I preferred. He wants to help and will answer any question, but he does seem busy and juggling a lot of things. Also Dr. Coffler is well respected in the community. When I had an HSG, I mentioned his name to the radiologist and she confidently said, "Oh, you'll get pregnant! You're in good hands."
[HRC] understood my needs as a person and did not just treat me like I was a statistic for their office. For example, the doctor recommended a procedure and I was about to do the procedure but I had some concerns, so I decided to cancel even though I had already showed up. The doctor was completely fine with my decision and even called me that afternoon to see how I was feeling about it all. Another time, the doctor left me a 3 min long voicemail on a Friday afternoon to answer one of my questions that I had emailed a nurse about. Very considerate staff!
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Coffler sits down one-on-one with you and your partner during the initial consult. We had about 45 minutes with him to explain our fertility history and ask many questions. He did not rush us at all. He addressed our questions. He does not typically go into detail when communicating, so sometimes I felt like I had to ask more questions to understand at the level that I preferred. He wants to help and will answer any question, but he does seem busy and juggling a lot of things. Also Dr. Coffler is well respected in the community. When I had an HSG, I mentioned his name to the radiologist and she confidently said, "Oh, you'll get pregnant! You're in good hands."
If you need more information, just ask and tell him that. Email is an easy way to communicate with the staff and you can expect quick responses (usually within the same day).
Although I did not necessarily see the doctor at each visit, I knew that he was actively involved in the management of my treatment. Communication was always prompt and the staff was always available to answer any questions. They understood my needs as a person and did not just treat me like I was a statistic for their office. For example, the doctor recommended a procedure and I was about to do the procedure but I had some concerns, so I decided to cancel even though I had already showed up. The doctor was completely fine with my decision and even called me that afternoon to see how I was feeling about it all. Another time, the doctor left me a 3 min long voicemail on a Friday afternoon to answer one of my questions that I had emailed a nurse about. Very considerate staff!
We did medicated timed intercourse with monitoring. We started with the highest dose of Letrozole (which I had used in my previous cycle with another doctor) but I did not respond, so then Dr. Coffler prescribed Clomid at the lowest dose (which was my first time using). I responded to the Clomid and had a Ovidrel trigger shot. I ovulated (for the first time out of my 3 total cycles, two of which with another fertility specialist) but did not get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel)
Angel is an incredible nurse. She was a breath of fresh air compared to my previous RE's office! Angel was pleasant and kind. Angel was so easy to communicate with. She was available anytime by phone or email. I even emailed her while she was on vacation and another time on a Saturday and she responded the same day. Angel is one of the main reasons that I LOVED this clinic!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Communication and compassion are this clinic's strengths. Dr. Coffler and Angel the nurse stand out at this office because you can really tell they care, and they work directly with you on the details of your treatment. Also, this office has a small staff that knows what they are doing. They have a team who each knows their roles and you will see them doing it throughout your treatment. This office isn't in the nicest or newest building but that really wasn't an important factor for me. My previous doctor had a nice facility but poor communication and bedside manner. The opposite is true at HRC, and I was so happier and felt respected here because of that!
With TRICARE Standard, my copay for a monitoring ultrasound and blood work was $100. Most everything else with my medicated timed intercourse was covered.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Was told that if I didn't pay...$2000 out-of-pocket for genetic testing, Dr. Potter would want to transfer multiple embryos as "part of his standard protocol"....When I asked why I wasn't given Lupron in the luteal phase, to prevent early follicle recruitment, was told "that's not the doctor's standard protocol." So, I lost my chance at a fresh transfer cycle. When my 2nd cycle was canceled for lining thickness, I asked why I went a whole 2nd week on estrogen when my lining was already a good thickness at day 7 monitoring appointment. Again, I was told that it's Dr. Potter's standard protocol to do at least 14 days of estrogen.
2 cycles canceled [at HRC] due to being put on "standard protocol" and not accounting for age / typical cycle data, and more-or-less ignoring the evolved industry best practices (i.e., recommending multiple embryo transfer, 14+ days of estrogen exposure prior to progesterone). Also, tried to do some wonky thing where, even though I'd already paid a flat fee (Shared Hope cycle) that covered my portion of the donor's medications, the clinic attempted to charge the full donor medication prescriptions to my insurance.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
If you want a laissez faire experience, Dr. Potter is great. You have 1 initial consult with him and never hear from him directly again - not even after 2 failed transfer cycles. He asked me a couple of questions, asked me what questions I had for him, and then told my nurse the next day what additional tests he wanted from me: Vitamin D and prolactin, mammogram, etc. I suppose that's more efficient, but it's better to talk to your patient about why you want those tests done. I went and had labs drawn as requested, but I was taking 5000 IUs of Vitamin D, and had told someone on his staff before - thus, it was in my chart.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Talk to your patients. Customize treatments to get the best results. When you're dealing with donor eggs, understand the bulk of your clientele aren't young. Consider that when conceiving of your new standard protocols. Consider industry best practice (elective single embryo transfers) before handing out orders through your nurses. 2 embryos just has a greater chance of multiple births, it's no longer considered an industry best practice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
2 failed cycle attempts so far. Both were avoidable. When I asked why I wasn't given Lupron in the luteal phase, to prevent early follicle recruitment, was told "that's not the doctor's standard protocol." So, I lost my chance at a fresh transfer cycle. When my 2nd cycle was canceled for lining thickness, I asked why I went a whole 2nd week on estrogen when my lining was already a good thickness at day 7 monitoring appointment. Again, I was told that it's Dr. Potter's standard protocol to do at least 14 days of estrogen. So far, the "standard protocols" aren't working for me. And some of the standard protocols explained ahead of time - like 2 embryos transferred when no genetic testing is done - aren't even industry best practice any more. Case studies indicate that live birth rates plateau once a patient has at least 9 days of exposure to estrogen; birth rates begin to decline at 13+ days. 3 days of bed rest after transfer is also his standard protocol, and a practice no longer recommended. He just seems out of date and not willing to change or consider other courses of treatment. I really don't understand the point of monitoring at all if my treatment plan wouldn't be adjusted based on how my body is reacting to the medications.
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
20cc of lupron starting on Day 3 of birth control pills. Early follicle recruitment, failed. 20cc of lupron starting after confirmed ovulation; Cut down to 10cc on day 10 Day 10, start estradiol valorate .2cc every 3 days Result: uterine lining too thick on day 14 to see feathering effect. cycle canceled. 10 days of progesterone to "reboot".
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie was very kind, compassionate and usually available. I would have to ask multiple times for basic things like schedules, monitoring orders (out of state monitoring patient). Would leave VM and have to follow up with her via email.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Nice facility in a great location. Will work with outside monitoring facilities for out of state patients. Seem a bit disconnected from a financial aspect; requires full cycle payment (FET) up front, despite benefits / insurance coverage. Financial people don't communicate well and were lousy at being able to check my insurance benefits - told me I had no coverage when I knew I did. Just constantly had to micromanage them despite my desire for them to be more proactive about my care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
$6500 for embryo transfer cycle - had to pay all up front, regardless of in-network insurance benefits.
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Was told that if I didn't pay &gt;$2000 out-of-pocket for genetic testing, Dr. Potter would want to transfer multiple embryos as "part of his standard protocol". I said no.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Norian took an enormous amount of time to sit with, discuss, and teach my husband and I about the available options. I have never felt like a number or a paycheck for him. ... Aggressive IUI, hoping to turn into IVF since I started with only 1 follicle and a low estrogen and AMH level. ... He does every ultrasound and reviews results with you every time you go in. He answers questions in a knowledgeable but patient friendly way.
HRC is very professional and has a hands on approach with their clients. The wait time can be long, but it’s because they are spending valuable personal time with each patient. ... Deanne [nurse] has been my rock and saving grace through this whole process. She answered every phone call and email with compassion, expertise, and care. She consoled me when I was crying and disappointed, boosted me up when I needed it, and guided me through the entire cycle.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian has great bed side manners and spends every appointment with you. He does every ultrasound and reviews results with you every time you go in. He answers questions in a knowledgeable but patient friendly way. He is blunt and to the point, so he does not sugar coat anything which can be emotional but I appreciated so I did not ever have too high of hopes/positivity for things. I always had a realistic view of everything that was going to happen and what the possibly outcomes could be.
Ask ALL the questions and do not be afraid to speak your mind.
Dr. Norian took an enormous amount of time to sit with, discuss, and teach my husband and I about the available options. I have never felt like a number or a paycheck for him. I especially love my nurse coordinator, Deanne. She is amazing!
Aggressive IUI, hoping to turn into IVF since I started with only 1 follicle and a low estrogen and AMH level. My protocol was Menopur 225 (3) and Gonal F 225 for the first 10 days. Was supposed to add Centrotide on day 6 if I had been responding well, which I wasn’t so we continued with the original dosage until day 8, but I am still not responding well. Continuing until day 10 and then deciding if we will continue with IUI or cancel the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Deanne)
Deanne has been my rock and saving grace through this whole process. She answered every phone call and email with compassion, expertise, and care. She consoled me when I was crying and disappointed, boosted me up when I needed it, and guided me through the entire cycle.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC is very professional and has a hands on approach with their clients. The wait time can be long, but it’s because they are spending valuable personal time with each patient. I never was upset about this because I knew they would be giving me the same attention and care.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Boostanfar is direct. I am an educated, self-advocating patient and he took that into account when explaining why he chose a particular protocol for retrieval and transfer.... My cycle before finding Dr. B was a complete failure where I made no blasts. I was a low responder. Instead of jacking up my FSH, Dr. B suggested micro dose Lupron and HGH. I had 5 embryos sent off for testing and 2 came back normal.
The clinic [HRC- Encino] is on busy Ventura Boulevard. There is parking at the building, but it is pricey. I wish there validated for the attached parking, but you have to self-pay. The clinic itself is nicely decorated....I am an out of state patient, which can make things more difficult. His staff helped every step of the way.... They do offer a military/veteran discount, which is very nice!
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is direct. I am an educated, self-advocating patient and he took that into account when explaining why he chose a particular protocol for retrieval and transfer. He was very compassionate when I miscarried and is determined to get me to my goal.
I would say meet him and let his expertise guide you.
Dr. Boostanfar and his staff are warm and take time to explain every step of the process. I am an out of state patient, which can make things more difficult. His staff helped every step of the way.
My cycle before finding Dr. B was a complete failure where I made no blasts. I was a low responder. Instead of jacking up my FSH, Dr. B suggested micro dose Lupron and HGH. I had 5 embryos sent off for testing and 2 came back normal. For my transfer, he tried an out of the box protocol including an HCG injection, Neupogen uterine wash, vaginal viagra, intrilipids. It worked in terms of getting me pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bahar)
My nurse, Bahar, was highly communicative and on top of every med, symptom, and appointment. She gave me her personal contact to reach out to anytime I needed her. She has been amazing!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is on busy Ventura Boulevard. There is parking at the building, but it is pricey. I wish there validated for the attached parking, but you have to self-pay. The clinic itself is nicely decorated. I have been to others with shabby chairs and 1990 decor, but HRC is modern and clean. Each appointment I had in the Encino office, there was minimal wait time, if any at all. All of the staff from the front desk, phlebotomists, and nurses are all friendly and kind. Billing can be a little bit confusing. My case is likely unique with extra charges and additional procedures. They do offer a military/veteran discount, which is very nice!
Due to travel and additional testing needed, I've likely spent $30K
+ Read more- Read less

I wish that Dr. Norian could have spent some more time explaining things to us. And maybe that will come later during a follow up consultation if this is a failed cycle. ... I think there are somethings we just won’t ever understand about our fertility with DOR and a family history of male infertility on my husband’s side of the family. ... Dr. Norian was super busy, and I didn’t feel like he could spend time with us to answer questions. He was very rushed trying to get through patients.
There were two occasions I sat in the waiting room [HRC] for over an hour because they were behind. It’s tough to put up with this because I was working and had to make up my time at work. So waiting was stressful. I wish they would have notified me to come in a little later and that would have made all the difference. ... The laboratory nurse was pretty good about getting my blood drawn right away.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
I came in already having been treated elsewhere so my diagnosis was done outside of this clinic. I don’t feel that I learned anything new being under his care. He seemed to be a very skilled doctor from the times we met with him. The medical treatment was not unlike our other experiences.
Make sure to have your questions written so that when you get time to talk to the doctor you will not forget what you wanted to ask.
We did Gonal F 225mg and Menopur 225mg-300mg for 9 days. Novarel on day 10 and Cetrotide for 5 days. Doxycline a day before the retrieval for 5 days. We started a few meds a day after egg retrieval that included progesterone in oil, endometrin, estradiol, Medrol dose pack. I would have liked a rationale for using this protocol from the doctor but mostly the nurse would just tell me what we were doing with not too much explanation.
Deanne spent most of the time of our visit with us explaining medication and appointments. She also seemed to be rushed. I made about two phone calls to her and the call went to voice mail each time. It was best to communicate with her via email. The laboratory nurse was pretty good about getting my blood drawn right away.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I believe that this clinic does a fantastic job at what they do. I feel that our setbacks are because of our diagnosis or lack therefore. I think there are somethings we just won’t ever understand about our fertility with DOR and a family history of male infertility on my husband’s side of the family. There are just some people that have a higher success rate than we do. I wish that Dr. Norian could have spent some more time explaining things to us. And maybe that will come later during a follow up consultation if this is a failed cycle. Another weakness is that the clinic is so busy. There were two occasions I sat in the waiting room for over an hour because they were behind. It’s tough to put up with this because I was working and had to make up my time at work. So waiting was stressful. I wish they would have notified me to come in a little later and that would have made all the difference.
Procedure was like $12k. Medication was about $6k.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
He [Dr. Potter] was crass and said comments that disturbed us.He didn't look us in the eye. He didn't know anything about us or take the time to try. ... He was so rude to us. ... He tried to charge us almost 4 times what the average cost of a cash test was at all the other clinics ($1900 for a hysteroscopy vs $500 at most OC clinics). ... Look elsewhere. There are more compassionate doctors who won't make you feel like a slug on the ground.
You will be a number in a revolving door. We got to our appointment 20 minutes early with everything filled out and still didn't get called until an hour after our appointment time. We didn't feel that we were anything but a number and checkbook to them [HRC]. ... Our biggest issue was the billing. We could never get our insurance covered when I talked to them multiple times. I had to send in my authorization of services 3 times.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
My husband and I agree we would never go back there even if he was the only doctor covered by our insurance. Which we were told he was. He was so rude to us. Then his office tells us that the $10000 worth of tests he ordered would be cash payment when we have insurance coverage. But they couldn't figure that out over 4 months so even though I called and emailed dozens of times I never got to move forward. He tried to charge us almost 4 times what the average cost of a cash test was at all the other clinics ($1900 for a hysteroscopy vs $500 at most OC clinics). I do not, can not, and will not ever recommend him or his clinic. Save your money, energy and emotional stability and go elsewhere.
He was crass and said comments that disturbed us.He didn't look us in the eye. He didn't know anything about us or take the time to try. His office would never get back to us with questions.
We didn't get this far because even though we had an approved referral for a service he wouldn't bill our insurance and said we had to pay cash. But every time I talked to insurance or my healthcare group they said he was covered and our only option.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Our nurse was super nice and we felt really comfortable with her but once the billing issues started I never heard from her again. Called and emailed with no response.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
You will be a number in a revolving door. We got to our appointment 20 minutes early with everything filled out and still didn't get called until an hour after our appointment time. We didn't feel that we were anything but a number and checkbook to them.
Extremely high. Yes infertility treatments are expensive but even my obgyn seemed to think it was astronomical so I called other clinics in the area. When I told them the price I was quoted they said to run away from there because that was robbery.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Frederick is compassionate and direct and that's two qualities I definitely want in a fertility doctor. She has a confidence that also makes me feel that I am in good hands. ... with Dr. Frederick I feel she hears me and is accessible. ... She met with me prior to egg retrieval and shared "Don't worry, I will take very good care of you" and that stuck with me, it was what I needed to hear, her confidence.
It's a very well organized clinic. They can get busy later in the day but I usually book the earliest appointment available and I haven't had any issues with waiting too long. The financial department was slightly slower in responding to my questions when comparing to the rest of their staff. ... I was able to book my monitoring appointments at my convenience, so I made the appointments for as soon as they opened and it seemed smooth to me.
European, Latino, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Frederick is compassionate and direct and that's two qualities I definitely want in a fertility doctor. She has a confidence that also makes me feel that I am in good hands. In comparison to a previous doctor I was seeing, I felt I was always questioning him and advocating for myself, with Dr. Frederick I feel she hears me and is accessible.
You'll be in good hands with Dr. Frederick.
I appreciated her being so matter of fact with us. Our previous fertility doctor was nice but also seemed to not give us the guidance we were looking for and Dr. Frederick has given us the guidance and confidence with this process. She met with me prior to egg retrieval and shared "Don't worry, I will take very good care of you" and that stuck with me, it was what I needed to hear, her confidence.
Describe the protocols Jane Frederick used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I began with birth control on my 3rd day of my menstrual cycle and about 5 weeks later of all active birth control pills I stopped taking it. Had a baseline appointment to go over medications and any other questions I may have had. 5 days later I began Follistim 375IU and Menopur 1 vial for 10 days each at 7:30pm. I visited the doctor's office 3 times for ultrasound and blood lab. I started Ganirelix at 7am for 4 days on day 6 of medications. Had my 3rd, last appointment before egg retrieval which was 4 days later and reviewed medications and expectations for egg retrieval day. I took Ovidrel 35 hours before scheduled egg retrieval and began doxycycline (antibiotic) 1 day before egg retrieval. They were able to retrieve 24 eggs. 17 of those eggs were mature and 17 eggs were successfully fertilized. 14 embryos came from the 17 and our final number after PGS was 7 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Liz was compassionate and a great communicator. She encouraged questions and took her time with us when going over protocol and medications. It felt like she genuinely cared about us.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
I believe it's more expensive than other clinics, however, what Dr. Frederick has provided to my husband and I is definitely worth it.
n/a, embryo transfer will be happening in June 2019

Uterine Fibroids, Other
Initially she [Dr. Alison Peck] was thorough and supportive but we found out that despite Pgd testing I had an embryo with dmd because apparently both my X chromosomes were affected which we didn’t know before so eventually had to abort. After this we felt her attitude changed and practically refused to do another transfer. This made us feel like a failed statistic which was disappointing after the great treatment before that. She has very limited knowledge and understanding of genetics. These days she has completely changed her tone with us which has really brought my hopes down about being able to have a baby.
Lots of different costs [at HRC] that you don’t get clarity on and extra costs that apparently are out of pocket that you get surprised with. Billing Dept always seemed to be confused...I think the finance Dept has too many complicated paperwork and it’s impossible to understand the costings. The rest of the staff are easy. The nursing staff are great. The acupuncturist is great. It is a very diverse clinic. They have a lot of tests and the process has many steps.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Initially she was thorough and supportive but we found out that despite Pgd testing I had an embryo with dmd because apparently both my X chromosomes were affected which we didn’t know before so eventually had to abort. After this we felt her attitude changed and practically refused to do another transfer. This made us feel like a failed statistic which was disappointing after the great treatment before that. She has very limited knowledge and understanding of genetics. These days she has completely changed her tone with us which has really brought my hopes down about being able to have a baby.
I don’t have any since each case is different
The nurses and staff were friendly
I can’t remember all the technicals but dr peck put me on the pill and then regulated the timings and medications accordingly. During this period I came in for regular blood tests and had a few acupuncture sessions. She checked my uterus regularly. The general treatment was good. I had the karyotype testing done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberley )
The care staff and Kimberley are excellent. Kimberley is really warm and responds very quickly on email.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Lots of different costs that you don’t get clarity on and extra costs that apparently are out of pocket that you get surprised with. Billing Dept always seemed to be confused.
PCOS, Unexplained
I appreciated that during each ultrasound to check my ovaries he would show me the screen and explain what was going on. He monitored me closely every step of the way during the clomid cycle and I completely trusted his opinion and expertise on next steps. ... Dr. Nelson has great bedside manor and is very thorough. He has a very warm personality and makes you feel comfortable during a tough time.
Billing was kind of confusing to me as I didn’t realize my insurance wasn’t covering anything until I had racked up a $1000 bill for my appointments. I wished they [HRC] would have mentioned it earlier. ... She [nursing staff] was very thorough in explaining the dates I should be taking specific medications and how. She also was great at sending me this information via email and responding to my emails quickly.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Nelson has a warm and approachable bedside manor. He is very thorough and in our first appointments asked a lot of questions and had me do all the necessary tests to rule out specific fertility issues. I appreciated that during each ultrasound to check my ovaries he would show me the screen and explain what was going on. He monitored me closely every step of the way during the clomid cycle and I completely trusted his opinion and expertise on next steps.
Ask a lot of questions if you don’t fully understand the process. While he does explain everything it’s a lot to take in and make sure you get all of the info you and your partner need.
We did two separate rounds of clomid, tested for ovulation, at positive ovulation administered an HCG shot, did timed intercourse, and waited the 2-weeks to take a pregnancy test. When both of these rounds were negative pregnancy he had me come in more frequently for ultrasounds to check the progress during the cycle. By doing this we found the ovulation test was positive a full week before I was actually ovulating. I appreciated Dr. Nelson monitoring more closely and switching gears when finding I wasn’t reacting normally to ovulation testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chloe Han)
She was very thorough in explaining the dates I should be taking specific medications and how. She also was great at sending me this information via email and responding to my emails quickly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It’s a beautiful clinic, comfortable, modern, and has a coffee and water station in the waiting area. All staff I’ve dealt with have been friendly and have generally gotten me in pretty quickly after arrival for my appointments. Billing was kind of confusing to me as I didn’t realize my insurance wasn’t covering anything until I had racked up a $1000 bill for my appointments. I wished they would have mentioned it earlier.
Insurance doesn’t cover fertility treatments. Every appointment was for an ultrasound so each appointment cost $320. All of the medications associated with a clomid cycle are also not covered by insurance and generally cost about $500. We have only done times intercourse so I’m not sure what the cost for IUI is but I know it’s in the 1,000s.
+ Read more- Read less

My FET was scheduled for 9 in the morning, so I arrived at 7 AM and Dr. Potter didn't arrive at the clinic until 1PM. ... My original doctor was let go of 1 week prior to my FET. ... He gave my procedure an 80% chance of success and then in the actual procedure he said and i quote "this is so easy; i'm so bored" But then it didn't work. ... He is very cocky
I went to both the Newport and Fullerton clinics. I really liked the Fullerton clinic, but did not like the Newport clinic as much. ... When my cycle failed, I wanted a debrief appointment and they [HRC] said it would be 4 months, and then cancelled the day of the appointment when it finally rolled around. ... My original doctor was let go of 1 week prior to my FET. The clinic sent me an e-mail with the news and said they would find someone else to do the procedure
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
My FET was scheduled for 9 in the morning, so I arrived at 7 AM and Dr. Potter didn't arrive at the clinic until 1PM. Every bed in the office was filled and there was a huge crowd in the waiting room, standing room only. The nurses were nonplussed and said this is what always happens and kind of rolled their eyes and said Dr. Potter is always 5-6 hours late so just kind of expect that. It didn't feel like he really valued his patient's time.
He is very cocky, which would be ok if he were able to follow through. He gave my procedure an 80% chance of success and then in the actual procedure he said and i quote "this is so easy; i'm so bored" But then it didn't work.
When my FET occurred, I took a home pregnancy test everyday and I got a positive days 5-7 after the transfer, but then the line got weaker and I called the office for a blood test and they said i needed to wait 14 days for the blood test. it got lighter and lighter so I expected the blood test to be negative and it was. but I wanted to talk about what went wrong and they said the soonest debrief appointment was 4 months later. then the day of that appointment, they called and cancelled the appointment. it felt like they just didn't care about me, or dissecting what happened with my cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija)
I worked with Natalija and really liked her. She was well informed and very helpful. I also really liked the staff at the fullerton office. Brianna and Deisy were wonderful people and I really appreciated the care they showed, and the way they communicated. I really trusted the nursing and office staff.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I went to both the Newport and Fullerton clinics. I really liked the Fullerton clinic, but did not like the Newport clinic as much. At the newport clinic I would often wait for up to 4 hours for my scheduled appointment.
The IVF was about $22,000 (including PGS on 13 embryos) and the FET was $3,500. Medication was about $10,000 for IVF and FET combined.
After originally saying they would only do eSET, after 2 egg retrievals, I only ended up with 2 PGS normal embryos, so then they said, well you can actually do either 1 or 2 together and let me choose.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Ghazal was unavailable via email or phone and when asked questions regarding treatment lashed out with personal attacks against me instead of simply answering questions...was peaches and cream sweet during my first appointment, but due to the nature of our infertility and embryo adoption, my husband and I had questions and needed clarification so we scheduled a second appointment. I've never been treated so rudely nor have I been so personally attacked by a doctor. I left the office in tears and my husband was furious.
For transferring embryos to the clinic [HRC], medications, and one FET cycle, the cost was about $7,000...The Fullerton location only handles office visits and blood work. Actual transfers take place at the Newport Beach office. The first half-hour of parking is free, then paid thereafter. Even if you come for quick labs first thing in the morning, you will wait well beyond your appointment time. The staff, though not great with time management or responding to emails, is very nice.
European, Middle Eastern
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Ghazal was peaches and cream sweet during my first appointment, but due to the nature of our infertility and embryo adoption, my husband and I had questions and needed clarification so we scheduled a second appointment. I've never been treated so rudely nor have I been so personally attacked by a doctor. I left the office in tears and my husband was furious. I received word about 2 weeks later that she was no longer employed by HRC and that our file was being transferred to Dr. Frederick in the Newport Beach office, who performed our transfer as schedule, unfortunately not resulting in a pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Don't be her patient. Run away. Run far, far away.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Sanaz Ghazal used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Starting with a week of Birth Control, then Lupron injections combined with alternating Estradiol and PIO injections, accompanied by Baby Aspirin daily. 5 days before transfer I started a prednisone pack.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija Matic)
The staff is very pleasant but it's hard to get a timely response from the Fullerton office. Nearly every email I sent (email was their requested/preferred form of contact) took a week of waiting and at least one additional follow up phone call to get a reply. It was incredibly frustrating and I was made to feel like a nuisance. They also were very quick to pass the blame instead of taking responsibility when something wasn't done correctly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility.
For transferring embryos to the clinic, medications, and one FET cycle, the cost was about $7,000.
Describe Sanaz Ghazal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Ghazal did not perform our transfer; however, we had discussed transferring two embryos due to the quality of the embryos and my age (which we ultimately did).
Sanaz Ghazal
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Coffler is a very skilled physician. I had previous fertility doctors that struggled to get catheters in during procedures and Dr Coffler never once had a problem and I always felt at ease with his expertise. He is to the point/straightforward, but still cares/is compassionate... I wish I would have advocated more For myself that first round where they did the fresh transfer as my estrogen was still high and I’m pretty sure that’s why my first fresh PGS normal embryo failed to implant. Looking back, I really wish I would have waited and done a frozen embryo transfer instead of fresh. Luckily, our second embryo transfer, a FET with another PGS normal was successful and led to my now 11 month old son.
They [HRC] follow the ARSM guidelines [for Eset]... I wish they had earlier office appt slots (I think the earliest appt for monitoring was 8:15). I also wish the ultrasound tech was an RN or PA/NP so they could give you live analysis of what they are seeing during monitoring appointments. I did mention this and Angel [nurse] was nice enough to sit in on my key monitoring appts in order to fill me in right then on what was seen (helped manage my anxiety in the midst of the ivf process)
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself
Very small office where you always see the same providers and office staff.
I believe I had the antagonist protocol (Lupron and birth control pills leading up to injectables of menopur and gonal F-low doses-adding in the drug that prevents ovulation half way through). When I did ivf, they pretty much recommend everyone do PGT testing and ICSI (I was pretty young at the time and none of the other ivf clinics were recommending I do PGT, but this clinic did so we went along with it). They do a quick PGT test though where you get results within 24 hours so you can still do a fresh transfer. I wish I would have advocated more For myself that first round where they did the fresh transfer as my estrogen was still high and I’m pretty sure that’s why my first fresh PGS normal embryo failed to implant. Looking back, I really wish I would have waited and done a frozen embryo transfer instead of fresh. Luckily, our second embryo transfer, a FET with another PGS normal was successful and led to my now 11 month old son.
Angel was amazing. Knowledge, organized, kind, and laid back.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Small clinic and it’s nice getting to know every employee really well. I wish they had earlier office appt slots (I think the earliest appt for monitoring was 8:15). I also wish the ultrasound tech was an RN or PA/NP so they could give you live analysis of what they are seeing during monitoring appointments. I did mention this and Angel was nice enough to sit in on my key monitoring appts in order to fill me in right then on what was seen (helped manage my anxiety in the midst of the ivf process)
Mine was all out of pocket, but when comparing to other clinics in the area, it was one of the most affordable overall. I will say that there frozen embryo yearly storage fees are almost double others.
They follow the ARSM guidelines.

1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic [HRC] does not manage time or patients well. There is not a realistic timeline to see the dr and you have to wait a long time to get in. They are also terrible at returning calls and still owe me a considerable amount of money from a reimbursement my insurance company already sent them. This clinic is terrible. If you want to be treated like a number and you have endless amounts of money to waste and you don’t want a doctor that cares, this might be the place for you.
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter keeps all his patients waiting for hours on end. The waiting room is always filled with people waiting for him with no end in sight. When he meets with you he promises you the moon on the first visit. Then once he sees your results he doesn’t care to support you in the next step and quite honestly showed zero compassion or empathy for the shocking news we received. You can tell he’s in it for the numbers and the money and will move on to the next gullible patient who’s willing to pay an extreme amount of money for poor care.
Do your research and find another doctor who will actually care about making your dreams come true. HRC is like a factory trying to squeeze everyone and has zero personal attention for patients.
He never took the time to get to know us and often kept us waiting for hours to see him. The first time we waited an hour and a half and the second time it was two and a half hours. His office insisted he was on his way the whole time, when we did meet with him it was only 15 min to say ivf will never work for you try an egg donor. All he wanted was the money and we were just a number. He was horrible at making us feel heard or understood. Once he saw my results he was basically like see ya, you’re never going to make it so I don’t want to prioritize you.
Dr potter recommended an egg donor as the only resort for us to get pregnant. He didn’t provide any other solutions and sai this was the only way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
The nursing staff tried their best to makeup for where Dr potter lacked. You could tell they were afraid of upsetting their boss, he frequently blamed them for why he was late or why they didn’t communicate correctly. They seem like nice people who try but again they treated me like I was just a number they could get money out of.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic does not manage time or patients well. There is not a realistic timeline to see the dr and you have to wait a long time to get in. They are also terrible at returning calls and still owe me a considerable amount of money from a reimbursement my insurance company already sent them. This clinic is terrible. If you want to be treated like a number and you have endless amounts of money to waste and you don’t want a doctor that cares, this might be the place for you.
$2000 just for initial consultation and bloodwork.
+ Read more- Read less

At the initial consultation, he was friendly and seemed like he would work with the recommendations provided by our previous provider...he never adjusted them throughout the cycle and each time I was seen for ultrasound, I felt more and more like I was just being herded through the process. I’d ask questions that he wouldn’t answer and was dismissive of my concerns... I was very concerned that he didn’t seem to have any interest in refining his approach for future cycles.
From our one experience with the one doctor, it felt like he might be ok for someone with a simple fertility issue that responds to basic protocols for treatment....On the upside, they [HRC West LA] take insurance and are adept at working with insurance companies’ protocols....Because they work with insurance, I believe we paid a little over $2000 for the entire process....Our primary nurse was very nice and helpful.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
At the initial consultation, he was friendly and seemed like he would work with the recommendations provided by our previous provider (Dr. Baek). While he did use her initial recommended protocols (which were admittedly different from his), he never adjusted them throughout the cycle and each time I was seen for ultrasound, I felt more and more like I was just being herded through the process. I’d ask questions that he wouldn’t answer and was dismissive of my concerns that he was overcooking (i.e. too much meds and too long) the eggs and felt more condescending at each visit, dismissing my concerns with “I’m not going to overcook the eggs” (despite doing exactly that). At the end of the cycle, when none of the eggs were good (all overcooked due to too much medication and for too long a time), he told us it was just chance as to whether we’d get a good cycle if we tried again. There was no attention to fine-tuning the process or individualizing it. We were very disappointed. The only reason we tried him instead of going back to Dr. Baek (who was successful in helping us get pregnant years earlier) is because our insurance covered the majority of the treatment at HRC and money was tight.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
if you want someone who is going to fine-tune your medication regimen to your individual needs, go elsewhere.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
At the initial consultation, he was friendly and seemed like he would work with the recommendations provided by our previous provider (Dr. Baek). While he did use her initial recommended protocols (which were admittedly different from his), he never adjusted them throughout the cycle and each time I was seen for ultrasound, I felt more and more like I was just being herded through the process. I’d ask questions that he wouldn’t answer and was dismissive of my concerns that he was overcooking (i.e. too much meds and too long) the eggs. At the end of the cycle, when none of the eggs were good (all overcooked), he told us it was just chance as to whether we’d get a good cycle if we tried again. There was no attention to fine-tuning the process or individualizing it. We were very disappointed. The only reason we tried him instead of going back to Dr. Baek (who was successful in helping us get pregnant years earlier) is because our insurance covered the majority of the treatment at HRC and money was tight. We were very disappointed.
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
While he was willing to use the initial treatment protocol we’d received in our consultation with Dr. Baek (which was admittedly different from what he would have done), he never adjusted it throughout the cycle and triggered much too late. The eggs were all overcooked (which he attributed to age and chance) and took no responsibility for his part in the ineffectiveness of the cycle. I was very concerned that he didn’t seem to have any interest in refining his approach for future cycles. We would have gone through the exact same regimen again with similar failed results. It did not appear he was up-to-speed on current approaches for refining IVF treatments to the individual needs of the patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes (but I don’t recall her name... maybe Wendy?))
Our primary nurse was very nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
From our one experience with the one doctor, it felt like he might be ok for someone with a simple fertility issue that responds to basic protocols for treatment. Anything other than that and he’s not refining the treatment to the specific needs of the patient nor was he knowledgeable of current information in fertility (such as triggering earlier for AMA because the eggs mature more quickly). On the upside, they take insurance and are adept at working with insurance companies’ protocols.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.
David Tourgeman
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.

Dr Norian was also comforting along with delivering the truth about my condition and treatments that would help us conceive. ... My Fallopian tubes are no longer connected after a surgery. Dr Norian suggested FET IVF and gave us all the statistics relating to it and said I’d be a great candidate but being that I’m going to be 35 soon we need to start right away. ...
As a whole they are amazing. From dealing with the front desk to the nurses to talking to dr and financial advisors. I never had any issues with anyone or anything with HRC Rancho Cucamonga. They get back to within a good time whether it’s emailing or calling. The entire staff is very professional as well. ... I really appreciate the empathic approach they have especially when infertility is a complete roller coaster of emotions.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
At first I was extremely nervous about what to expect from a fertility specialist and honestly expecting the worst outcome, that being that I won’t be able to have children with and without treatment. Dr Norian and his team put all those fears and worries to rest. The nurses are very comforting and friendly. Dr Norian was also comforting along with delivering the truth about my condition and treatments that would help us conceive. I really appreciate the empathic approach they have especially when infertility is a complete roller coaster of emotions.
Don’t be shy. If you have questions make sure to write them down before the consultation. The information given at the appointment can be extremely overwhelming and you might forget some of the important questions you have. He’s very open and understanding so don’t be afraid to ask about anything on your mind.
Dr Norian is very straight forward but also empathetic to the needs and wants of his patient.
My Fallopian tubes are no longer connected after a surgery. Dr Norian suggested FET IVF and gave us all the statistics relating to it and said I’d be a great candidate but being that I’m going to be 35 soon we need to start right away. He gave me an ultrasound which we found a small polyp and soo I was referred back to my OB to get that removed before we could move forward. We were able to remove it but unable to go back for treatment due to the fact my husband is military and was sent to Korea for a year.
Extremely friendly and comforting. They try to help you to the best of their knowledge and if they don’t know an answer they’ll direct you to someone that does know.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
We have insurance that cover consultation and some fertility medications. I’m unsure of the costs.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Feinman] had no intention of changing protocol. I wasn't allowed to speak to the lab. I was given no information as to their grading or what abnormalities. ... He was nice enough during the visits if not seemingly little annoyed if I asked questions. The end result was that there were no normal embryos. ... If you are young and have plenty of healthy eggs you will probably be fine but his one size fits all approach is not a fit for older women or women with special circumstances.
The staff [HRC] are very friendly especially the financial people. The in house acupuncture is also great. I still see Pei-Jen even though I've switched clinics for treatment. It's nice that the egg retrievals are done in the same location and you can get parking validated if you buy something at the cafe downstairs. ... Acupuncture is 100 a visit. The IVF cycle came to around 25,000 ... Trey [nurse] was inconsistent in her communication. Sometimes great and sometimes she'd go MIA. She was kind and encouraging but not super helpful in terms of the actual medical side of things.
How was your experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
During our consultation Dr. Feinman told us there was nothing you could do to affect the quality of your eggs, they are what they are and nothing will change that not even drinking and smoking! He also had a coffee mug that said his medical degree trumps your google search. I should have gone with my gut but I just wanted to get started. He was nice enough during the visits if not seemingly little annoyed if I asked questions. The end result was that there were no normal embryos. He had no intention of changing protocol. I wasn't allowed to speak to the lab. I was given no information as to their grading or what abnormalities.
The staff were always very kind and the office never felt overcrowded or hectic.
Clomid, Follistim, Ganerelix and Menopur. I was given no insight as to how or why.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Trey Shade)
Trey was inconsistent in her communication. Sometimes great and sometimes she'd go MIA. She was kind and encouraging but not super helpful in terms of the actual medical side of things. I was given incorrect needles for the instructions I was given, she didn't know how to use a Q-cap for the menapur (she would try and pop it out instead of putting it on the vial then releasing the packaging), and a few other glitches.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The staff are very friendly especially the financial people. The in house acupuncture is also great. I still see Pei-Jen even though I've switched clinics for treatment. It's nice that the egg retrievals are done in the same location and you can get parking validated if you buy something at the cafe downstairs.
Acupuncture is 100 a visit. The IVF cycle came to around 25,000
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Nelson comes across as genuine and kind. He has wonderful bedside manner and has always answered my questions with compassion and care. He seems very confident in what he does yet he has a calming presence at the same time (doesn't seem arrogant or stuck-up). Only downside is that I haven't gotten to see him as often as I would have liked as he has been traveling.... He also doesn't answer emails personally, you have to wait for the nurse
European, Latino, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Nelson comes across as genuine and kind. He has wonderful bedside manner and has always answered my questions with compassion and care. He seems very confident in what he does yet he has a calming presence at the same time (doesn't seem arrogant or stuck-up). Only downside is that I haven't gotten to see him as often as I would have liked as he has been traveling. IUI #1 was done by him, but baseline and followup ultrasounds have been done by nurses in his absence. Same thing has been happening with round #2. He also doesn't answer emails personally, you have to wait for the nurse or someone else from the team to talk to him, and then they relay the message. I would prefer if it was actually a bit more of a doctor/patient direct exchange.
Make sure you write down questions and bring to consults where he will be so that you can ask the doctor directly when he is in the room rather than have to wait for others to relay messages back and forth.
The Nurses and staff at the clinic are amazing. Nurse Connie has been wonderful throughout the process. We are undergoing our second round of IUI and she has supported us through and has answered every question we've had. Other staff have not been so quick to respond which was difficult at times but once Connie became my contact person everything has been smooth sailing. Doctor's schedule tend to get a bit crammed/limited, especially if he is planning to be out of town. The pharmacy they use is incredible and the office is beautiful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Consuelo Hernandez)
Connie has been absolutely amazing throughout the entire process. She is very responsive and one of the kindest people I have met and love that she got assigned to us. She always makes me smile and helps easy the anxiety when my husband and I are there for procedures. She is so compassionate and knows exactly what to say. She has actually been the highlight of my experience at this clinic.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is gorgeous! one of the reasons I picked it was that I wanted to to be in a beautiful environment while undergoing this difficult process and HRC-Pasadena is stunning. The staff is very friendly and usually respond quickly. The waiting room is nice and cozy. Some hours it is packed and others not so much so you have to learn the flow if you'd rather avoid people. They are usually on-time, we have only had to wait around extensibly once out of the 20+ times we have been there. The pharmacy they work with is exceptional as well. Some of the weaknesses are that at times it has taken a certain staff member over three days to respond to important messages with time-sensitive questions. They resolved that by assigning someone else to our care but it was a bit frustrating at the time. Another one would be that there are signs that ask people to try not to bring children in the clinic as it can be difficult for some people, but there are days where there's lots of kids. Sometimes families with 4+ children which definitely deflates the spirit. I think staying open a bit later would be helpful as well.
It is $2100 for IUI (includes ultrasounds, sperm washing, blood work if/when needed). It was about $450 for initial blood-work for STI and genetic testing which was sent to outside lab.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Ghazal answered every single one of my questions each time I spoke with her. She has a great bedside manner and she makes it a point to answer your questions in a very detailed manner, so that there is no confusion. She listened to my struggle, and responded in a compassionate manner. I did not feel as though she was trying to rush me out of her office.... The only downside is that I did not get much contact with her and everything is communicated through her nurses and coordinators.
Regarding the clinic [HRC- Fullerton], there seems to be people switching into new roles often within the office. When it seems as if you are going to do a procedure right away, they are very responsive to emails and other forms of communication. Yet, it seems as though if your procedure is not happening for a few months, they take longer to respond to emails (if at all).... The cost of treatment is clearly delineated in their forms, so you are not going in blind. They have one of the best labs in the nation.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Strengths: Dr. Ghazal is highly trained and has a lot of great experience in the field and she has the highest fertility rates in the clinic. When you ask her a question, she is straightforward, authentic, and detailed. When she shared information that I considered bad news for me, she was compassionate and did it in such a way that made me feel that there was hope for my situation. The only downside is that I did not get much contact with her and everything is communicated through her nurses and coordinators. Yet, when she did meet with you over the phone or in-person, she made you feel as though she was present with you and not trying to rush off to the next patient.
If you want a doctor who will be available by phone or text or more available, Dr. Ghazal is not the one.
Because I am an older person, with great eggs but with numerous complications with my uterus, the goal was to try to go slightly more aggressive with my medications, so that I can produce a lot more eggs for my egg retrieval, in the hopes that when the eggs are fertilized, I can get the most genetically normal embryos possible. Then I would freeze these embryos, fix the problems with my uterus, and then do a frozen embryo transfer. The goal is to be successful in maintaining a pregnancy and reducing the chances of miscarriage. I believe the drug protocol is similar for most IVF cycles, just the dosage may be different. The overall goal is to have one successful IVF cycle with great outcomes in regard to have a number of genetically normal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalijia)
Regarding the clinic, there seems to be people switching into new roles often within the office. When it seems as if you are going to do a procedure right away, they are very responsive to emails and other forms of communication. Yet, it seems as though if your procedure is not happening for a few months, they take longer to respond to emails (if at all).
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Weaknesses: They seem more responsive at the start of your process (consultation/diagnostic workup/treatment planning); yet if you wait a few months for the actual procedure, they seem less responsive to questions you might have. You can be on hold for a long time early in the morning. Financial people seem to change often. I would have preferred more direct contact with the RE to ask questions when they came to mind. Strengths include having a very well trained doctor (Dr. Ghazal) with great rates of success. The cost of treatment is clearly delineated in their forms, so you are not going in blind. They have one of the best labs in the nation.
For one cycle of IVF, including genetic screening of any embryos, and freezing embryos, I was looking at a bill around $21,000 out of pocket. This estimate also includes the price of fertility medications for the one cycle. You can also tack on an additional $2000 to 3000 for diagnostic procedures conducted prior to treatment planning. These are all out of pocket costs.
My doctor had a strong preference for single embryo transfer, primarily because there is a higher success rate for a single embryo transfer. Also, she explained that if you place more than one embryo into the uterus, you never know whether one of those embryos will split and produce twins and triplets. So she wants to reduce the chance of multiple unexpected growing babies.
Sanaz Ghazal

3 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Boostanfar] is warm and friendly, but on the move. He gives you the essential information and answers any questions, but doesn't spend a lot of time explaining why he's choosing the protocol he's choosing or going over what to expect. Unless you know what to ask, I feel like it would be easy to leave without some information. The nurse that is helping me fills that role instead.... Microdose lupron, follistim and menopur. I don't know WHY these were chosen, other than I think my fibroids were taken into account with the lupron.
Overall very happy with the clinic [HRC Encino]. Clean, short waits, professional staff and many services offered. Prices seem in line with other clinics as well. Didn't get great results on my first attempt, but hopeful that with a tweaked protocol will improve.... She [nurse] is great at going through and explaining what to expect and what comes next, as well as answering any questions that you may have forgotten to ask the doctor. Patient and professional, and seems to really care about my success.
3 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He is warm and friendly, but on the move. He gives you the essential information and answers any questions, but doesn't spend a lot of time explaining why he's choosing the protocol he's choosing or going over what to expect. Unless you know what to ask, I feel like it would be easy to leave without some information. The nurse that is helping me fills that role instead.
Have a list of questions ready. He is very knowledgable but gives the impression of also being quite busy, and unless you ask questions the appointment will go very quickly and you may not get all the info you want. Overall, though, I think he knows what he is doing and is very good at what he does.
Consultations go pretty quickly, with not a lot of extraneous information given. He is very friendly and professional, but doesn't spend a lot of extra time going over results or the WHY of things.
Microdose lupron, follistim and menopur. I don't know WHY these were chosen, other than I think my fibroids were taken into account with the lupron. I did not respond well, however, so we're changing the protocol next time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bahereh)
She is great at going through and explaining what to expect and what comes next, as well as answering any questions that you may have forgotten to ask the doctor. Patient and professional, and seems to really care about my success.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Overall very happy with the clinic. Clean, short waits, professional staff and many services offered. Prices seem in line with other clinics as well. Didn't get great results on my first attempt, but hopeful that with a tweaked protocol will improve.
Medication, monitoring, and the actual retrieval costs (anesthesia, etc), as well as the cost of freezing the eggs.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Tourgeman] is very compassionate and nice. I can't complain about him or his care. I am a very analytical person, so would have liked to understand more of the "why"s around my course of treatment -- why one protocol vs. another, and whether or not that is due to his professional philosophies for treatment or due to my specific case.... [Protocols] were never explained to me. At least, the rationale behind why. I don't know what my protocol was called, but i was on: Gonal-F 350/day Menopur - 1-2 vials, depending Added something else toward the end of sims Not sure what i triggered with First round,
Everyone [HRC] is very nice. Appointments are a breeze - they either get you in early, or right on time. Surgical facilities are beautiful and the staff there is great. Just ask a lot of questions. Sometimes i felt rushed or unable to ask, or even felt like i was supposed to know things, when in reality i didn't know what was happening and why at certain times.... My care coordinator was a little robotic. Nice, but not super compassionate. Not a very good communicator - i had to chase via email for answers to a lot of things that were unclear.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He is very compassionate and nice. I can't complain about him or his care. I am a very analytical person, so would have liked to understand more of the "why"s around my course of treatment -- why one protocol vs. another, and whether or not that is due to his professional philosophies for treatment or due to my specific case.
Ask questions. If you feel rushed, slow it down.
I definitely felt like a human - the Dr. and staff were very caring. I would have liked more explanation and details around my care.
They were never explained to me. At least, the rationale behind why. I don't know what my protocol was called, but i was on: Gonal-F 350/day Menopur - 1-2 vials, depending Added something else toward the end of sims Not sure what i triggered with First round, retrieved 5 eggs. 3 fertilized. All tested abnormal. No transfer 2nd round, retrieved 3 eggs. 1 fertilized. Never grew. No transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Decline to answer)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Everyone is very nice. Appointments are a breeze - they either get you in early, or right on time. Surgical facilities are beautiful and the staff there is great. Just ask a lot of questions. Sometimes i felt rushed or unable to ask, or even felt like i was supposed to know things, when in reality i didn't know what was happening and why at certain times.
First round with meds (and some insurance coverage) was roughly $15k.
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We never got to transfer, so we hadn't discussed it.
David Tourgeman
+ Read more- Read less

With every encounter I had with Dr. Potter, he was at least 1+ hour late (consultation, surgeries, personal meetings). During our initial encounter (consultation) he failed to make eye contact, introduce himself, and the facility. We had selected him anyway, because he discussed a treatment plan that I felt was custom to my situation, and with that I was impressed.... Procedures and communication, that I believe should be done and or shared by an MD is instead done by his staff.
They [HRC Fullerton] are compassionate and apologetic for Dr. Potter’s consistent tardiness. They are proficient in their roles. Sometimes communication is great and sometimes it is very poor. For example, one time I had a time sensitive question, and did not get a response until the next day. I felt that it should not have been my responsibility to follow up, but had I not, I would not have gotten the information I needed....
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Strengths: intelligent, high success rates, skill Weakness: lack of compassion, lack of time, consistently late (staff members had even candidly shared this with me), poor response time, flat affect. Dr. Potter has opened a Infertility Clinic in China in the past year. As a result, I believe he is spread “way too thin”. Procedures and communication, that I believe should be done and or shared by an MD is instead done by his staff. Considering the amount of money I have paid to the clinic, I had higher expectations. For example, I had questions for Dr. Potter at one point and was told I could not communicate with him because he was in China. Another example, I had very sensitive PGS testing results, and his ultrasound tech delivered the results rather than him. Another time, I paid an additional $100 for a 15 minute meeting with him (in which he was an hour late for), regarding a treatment plan for which I had already paid $20k+ for. These instances made me feel that his primary interest was money making vs me as a patient.
He is an intelligent infertility specialist. However, do not expect that he will ever be on time, you will always wait at least an hour or more with every encounter with him. Do not expect hand-holding, or compassion. He is a bookish, matter-of-fact type. Communication in my opinion is poor.
With every encounter I had with Dr. Potter, he was at least 1+ hour late (consultation, surgeries, personal meetings). During our initial encounter (consultation) he failed to make eye contact, introduce himself, and the facility. We had selected him anyway, because he discussed a treatment plan that I felt was custom to my situation, and with that I was impressed. At one point, I intentionally called him out for being late, and I did not receive an apology, rather a poor excuse. Despite my dissatisfaction, I still proceeded with care as I told myself, I didn’t care about bedside manner as long as I had results. I also felt that I didn’t have a choice but to proceed as I had already made an out of pocket cash payment in full.
I had a uterine septum Dr. Potter corrected prior to any egg retrievals or potential transfers, with good outcome. He initiated a insulin resistant/metformin protocol, even though my GTT yielded normal results. This was in response to me yielding a low number of eggs during the first retrieval. It did not improve the outcome for my second retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija Matic )
Natalija was my care coordinator, but not a nurse. She was an ultrasound tech. She seemed skilled and knowledgeable in her role. However, I also felt she was “spread way too thin”. Her role overlapped with that of Dr. Potter. I think a lot of what should be his responsibility fell onto her lap, just simply because he didn’t have the time for it. I actually never worked with a nurse from the clinic (only surgery center) during my whole treatment there.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Communication is adequate. Better than Dr. Potter’s response time. They are compassionate and apologetic for Dr. Potter’s consistent tardiness. They are proficient in their roles. Sometimes communication is great and sometimes it is very poor. For example, one time I had a time sensitive question, and did not get a response until the next day. I felt that it should not have been my responsibility to follow up, but had I not, I would not have gotten the information I needed.
Approx $20k for 2 retrievals, transfer, labs and US $2k for hysteroscopy/septal repair Approx $8-10k for medications
+ Read more- Read less

For blood work and ultrasounds he [Dr. Coffler] was only present for 2 appointments. I can tell he is passionate about his job and truly wants to succeed in getting couples a ‘take home baby’. Communication is sometimes hard due to his first language not being English. I would have liked to be informed more about my actual results. Ex: progesterone levels, follicle count, uterine lining... We did 2 egg retrievals in order to bank as many embryos as possible prior to PGS/PGD testing.
All of the nursing staff [HRC- Oceanside] is amazing. They make you feel comfortable and supported.... This clinic has the highest pregnancy rates in Orange County. I would recommend. Ask questions and advocate for your preferred method of treatment.... We did pretty much everything that could have been offered. ICSI, assisted hatching, PGS and PGD testing, and one extra procedure for our second egg retrieval to pick better sperm for ICSI.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
For blood work and ultrasounds he was only present for 2 appointments. I can tell he is passionate about his job and truly wants to succeed in getting couples a ‘take home baby’. Communication is sometimes hard due to his first language not being English. I would have liked to be informed more about my actual results. Ex: progesterone levels, follicle count, uterine lining
Ask questions and ask them directly.
The staff and technicians at the office are warm and easy to talk to. My IVF coordinator never made me feel like I was bothering her with questions
We did 2 egg retrievals in order to bank as many embryos as possible prior to PGS/PGD testing. This was suggested to keep costs down and was the right choice as our first retrieval resulted in 0 normal embryos. Second round resulted in 2. Frozen embryo transfer was a standard protocol. Lupron, progesterone, estrogen. Resulted in a BFP then a chemical pregnancy. Still waiting to review what went wrong and what could have been changed.
All of the nursing staff is amazing. They make you feel comfortable and supported.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic has the highest pregnancy rates in Orange County. I would recommend. Ask questions and advocate for your preferred method of treatment. The doctor has great credentials and a great success rate. Nursing staff is excellent. Don’t be afraid to send emails at any time. You are not alone in feeling like you are asking silly questions and the staff never makes you feel like you are. I hope my next attempt at a frozen embryo transfer is a success. Will have an appointment to discuss what went wrong with our transfer on Friday.
We did pretty much everything that could have been offered. ICSI, assisted hatching, PGS and PGD testing, and one extra procedure for our second egg retrieval to pick better sperm for ICSI. Total cost associated with services approx $40,000
This doctor will only transfer one embryo. I would have liked to have the option to transfer 2 if we felt that was the right choice for us.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Wilcox is extremely busy and it seems like he uses a similar ivf protocol for many patients. However, my egg retrieval progressed just as he had predicted without OHSS which was one of my biggest worries. While he is quick in and out, his team will definitely take time to answer questions if needed.... Dr. Wilcox is very capable and confident and has an impressive track record. Everything he told me to expect has happened during treatment (ie number of follicles to expect, predicted date of egg retrieval, etc). I trust that he will always prescribe the right protocol for me.
My issue is with the Financials team at the clinic. Twice they [HRC] said I did not sign something and then later found that I did. Also prior to starting any phase of the cycle, I ask them to provide a breakdown in costs. Each time I have to send one or two follow up emails before they respond.... The facility is very nice but extremely busy. If you have an appointment after 9am, prepare to walk into a full waiting room. I literally had nowhere to sit a few times. That said, the clinic is clean and well equipped.
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Wilcox is very capable and confident and has an impressive track record. Everything he told me to expect has happened during treatment (ie number of follicles to expect, predicted date of egg retrieval, etc). I trust that he will always prescribe the right protocol for me. However, I do wish he had more time to spend with his patients. Aside from our initial consultation, each appointment has lasted no more than 10 min and then he is rushing off to the next patient. I know this doesn’t compromise the level of care I’m receiving. Whether it results in a BFP for us, we will see in a few weeks once we transfer.
Have a list of questions that you want to ask ready to go at each appt.
Birth control pills for 18 days Ultrasound/bloodwork on CD2 Begin injections on CD3 Follistim 225 + Menopur 75 from CD3-6 Follistim 225 + Menopur 150 from CD7-9 Add in Ganirelix on CD8-9 Trigger with Lupron + HCG on CD10 Egg retrieval on morning of CD12
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nanette V)
Nanette is great at explaining the process every step of the way. She responds quickly to emails and definitely provided a lot of peace of mind throughout. When she is out of office, her backup Ana is amazing too. They definitely go above and beyond!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
About $3K per IUI including injectable meds About $23K for IVF cycle including meds, ICSI, and PGS testing
N/A - currently awaiting number of day 5 blasts

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Peck never wasted my time with multiple IUIs or rounds of clomid. She was honest about my chances instead of just going through the motions. Dr. Peck took the time to explain the entire situation and provide honest feedback.... She was candid about our results and helpful with recommendations. She also took the time to qualify us for an IVF study, which may be helpful for us.... Dr. Peck originally recommended medicated cycles for anovulation.
HRC-Encino is warm and inviting. Every time I call, I am quickly transferred to where I need to be. They’re honest about their costs. Also, they call with results on time! My only complaint is expensive parking.... Kimberly is Dr. Peck’s nurse and is amazing! She will email me back about a nervous last minute question at 10pm on a weeknight! Shanise is another nurse who is the only person to get my vein on a first try. She’s also very friendly and nice to speak to
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr Peck took time to ensure I received the care I needed and received the answers for the questions I asked. She was candid about our results and helpful with recommendations. She also took the time to qualify us for an IVF study, which may be helpful for us.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Peck is very sweet, but honest.
Dr. Peck originally recommended medicated cycles for anovulation. She also urged a semen sample and HSG prior to treatment. I’m so grateful that she did because I also have a blocked tube/my husband has poor morphology, motility, and DNA fragminatation. Knowing these results, she recommended IVF to save us time and money. Moreso, she recommended us to an IVF clinical trial, which will hopefully save us more money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly and Shanise)
Kimberly is Dr. Peck’s nurse and is amazing! She will email me back about a nervous last minute question at 10pm on a weeknight! Shanise is another nurse who is the only person to get my vein on a first try. She’s also very friendly and nice to speak to, which is very important. Currently, she is assisting with having me join a clinical study. She’s amazing at answering all my pressing questions, being open about what is needed for me to do, and flexible with her scheduling!
300/ultrasound 80/bloodwork IUI/2,100
+ Read more- Read less

During the initial consultation she was very familiar with our reproductive profile and asked specific questions to get a better understanding of how she would help me get pregnant. She patiently answered all of my many questions. Every interaction with Dr. Frederick she said my name and knew the details of my progress...Her expertise, professionalism and compassion far exceeds all other reproductive endocrinologists I have met
I was assigned an exceptional nurse, Claudia who guided me during the entire process [at HRC]. I was reminded by Claudia to trust the process because it works. The day of the frozen embryo transfer all nurses and staff were positive and encouraging. They created a positive environment in the surgery center...Dr. Frederick’s costs were better if you have more than one IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
I searched for a reproductive endocrinologist for two years and went to many initial consultations. Most fertility clinics in San Diego did not have great results for my age group, I am over age 35. Also, the labs were not great. For instance, at one lab in San Diego, I saw the Embryologist enter the fertility clinic through the public door wearing workout clothes. Then she put on a lab coat and entered the lab. In my opinion, that is not the best protocol for dealing with sensitive embryos. This is why I searched outside of San Diego. I also searched outside of California. I prayed to have a doctor like Dr. Frederick. Her expertise, professionalism and compassion far exceeds all other reproductive endocrinologists I have met. During the initial consultation she was very familiar with our reproductive profile and asked specific questions to get a better understanding of how she would help me get pregnant. She patiently answered all of my many questions. She exudes confidence and had a specific plan for us to be successful. Once we made our decision to continue with Dr. Frederick, the ENTIRE IVF process was smooth. I had two banking cycles before the frozen embryo transfer. This was recommended by Dr. Frederick to ensure greater success and she was correct. Both egg retrieval procedures were smooth. I did not experience any complications and minimal pain. Dr. Frederick’s techniques are exceptional. We transferred one embryo. Everything went smoothly and my husband and I were excited because we believed we were about to have our dream come true. I was on strict bed rest for three days and I started having pregnancy symptoms within one week. Ten days later I took a home pregnancy test and it immediately was positive. I was elated. I never seen a positive pregnancy test until that day. It was amazing. The day of the first pregnancy ultrasound Dr. Frederick showed us the baby and heartbeat. I immediately started crying. Amazing feeling seeing your baby’s heart beating and knowing that he or she is growing inside of you. The day of graduation from the fertility clinic, Dr. Frederick takes a picture with you. I started crying because I am so grateful to her for helping us experience our dream of having a baby. Currently, I am 10 weeks pregnant and baby is growing strong. We will go back to Dr. Frederick to have siblings for this baby. I recommend Dr. Frederick if you want to have a healthy baby. Her protocol and techniques work!
Pray and trust that you selected an excellent doctor. Dr. Frederick is experienced, professional and compassionate. She truly wants you to get pregnant and have a healthy baby. Trust her process, it works. I believe having a positive mindset will help in getting the results you want.
Because I am over age 35 and did not have many embryos at my first IVF cycle (with a different doctor), Dr. Frederick recommended two banking IVF cycles. She also recommended genetic testing and freezing embryos. This is to ensure she transfers a healthy normal embryo for a higher chance of success. Dr. Frederick recommended transferring one embryo because I had genetic testing. I used Gonal-F, Menopur, micro Lupron, Ganirelix, Lupron, Progesterone injections and suppositories, Estradiol, Doxycycline, Medrol
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Claudia Ascencio)
I was assigned an exceptional nurse, Claudia who guided me during the entire process. I was reminded by Claudia to trust the process because it works. The day of the frozen embryo transfer all nurses and staff were positive and encouraging. They created a positive environment in the surgery center and I believe that also contributes to Dr. Frederick’s success rates.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC in Newport Beach is a busy office. However, I never had to wait longer than five minutes for my appointment. The surgery center is exceptional. I especially want to recognize HRC’s lab because the Embryologists ensure the best environment and growth for embryos. I do not know the details but whatever they do, it works! We did genetic testing on all our embryos to ensure that we only transferred a healthy and normal embryo.
Dr. Frederick’s costs were better if you have more than one IVF cycle.
We agreed with Dr. Frederick to transfer a single embryo. We had our embryos genetically tested. We wanted the best success rate and agreed to transfer one embryo.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Dr. Wilcox] Never called even when we found out our cycle had failed and we had 0 embryos to transfer. He has no bedside manners. Wouldn't recommend him...We were treated as a business transaction throughout the whole cycle. He also didn't perform the proper tests needed before starting our cycle and only went based on our age (27/30) giving us false hopes. I never got to see him the day of the egg retrieval or after.
The clinic [HRC Pasadena] was very beautiful and clean. The phlebotomists were always very nice and welcoming. Front desk was okay (could improve). There is no waiting so that was great. The ladies from financial department were also great...My nurse coordinator always seem upset or bothered when I would ask for updates and for her to explain in detail what was going on with my eggs. She many times would forget to send me updates on my cycle during stims. For example when to start/stop a certain medication ect.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
He has no bedside manners, he shows no compassion for his patients. The first consult is great but once you lock in the payment everything changes. I hardly saw him during my cycle and my follow up appt after failed cycle was only 5 minutes. He never explained to me about other alternatives.
To please not go based on yelp reviews. Dr. Wilcox treats many surrogates and that's a completely different scenario as surrogates never pay out of pocket. It's different when you are an actual infertility patient and you're only seen as a check.
We were treated as a business transaction throughout the whole cycle. He also didn't perform the proper tests needed before starting our cycle and only went based on our age (27/30) giving us false hopes. I never got to see him the day of the egg retrieval or after. Never called even when we found out our cycle had failed and we had 0 embryos to transfer. He has no bedside manners. Wouldn't recommend him or his team.
Apparently he doesn't do fresh transfers, I was under gonal and menapour during stims. I had to and extra 5 days of stims and it was pointless and doing extra days can mess up the quality of the eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic was very beautiful and clean. The phlebotomists were always very nice and welcoming. Front desk was okay (could improve). There is no waiting so that was great. The ladies from financial department were also great.
I paid approximately $25,000 not including extra meds for pushing my egg retrieval and other basic blood tests needed in order to start cycle.
I didn't get to transfer.

2 IUI, IVF
Dr. Norian has always been very friendly and professional. Always made my husband and I feel very comfortable...when he says he'll call us, he does...The one negative thing I can say about Dr. Norian is that he is always VERY busy. So sometimes when we are seeing him he is trying to get off to another patient, which makes it a little uncomfortable when you're asking a lot of questions, since my husband and I are fertility newbies. Overall, I really like Dr. Norian, which is why we continue to see him.
conflicting information was provided to us [by at nurse at HRC], but was immediately corrected. There was a time when perscriptions weren't called in, but it didn't effect my treatment, just the price, unfortunately...Strengths include cleanliness. Weakness is that on some days, although your appointment is at 9 am, you won't be getting out of the clinic until 1030 or 11. This is due to how busy the clinic is. It makes it difficult to plan for when you have to take time off of work to make these morning appointments.
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian has been very helpful. Although our IUI attempts haven't been successful, we continue to go to him because we're confident in his work. He is always very friendly and when he says he'll call us, he does, which makes us feel very comfortable with him. The one negative thing I can say about Dr. Norian is that he is always VERY busy. So sometimes when we are seeing him he is trying to get off to another patient, which makes it a little uncomfortable when you're asking a lot of questions, since my husband and I are fertility newbies. Overall, I really like Dr. Norian, which is why we continue to see him.
Be prepared to wait past the time of your appointment.
Dr. Norian recommended two IUI attempts. If neither was successful, we would do IVF, which is what we are currently doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
I have a different coordinator for IVF, but am reviewing the coordinator I had for IUI. Michelle was very friendly. Unfortunately, she was difficult to understand while on the phone, in person, and though email. The language barrier was too difficult to overcome. She was very nice though. All the nursing staff at this clinic have been very friendly and compassionate.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
IUI attempt -- $2000 IUI meds -- ~$500 IVF attempt (insurance coverage included) -- ~$4000 IVF Medications (some medication covered by insurance) -- ~$5000 PGS -- $5500
Dr. Norian is always on the side for Singleton births, it seems. But always discusses with his patients their thoughts.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Tubal Blockage, Other
He [Dr. Michael Feinman] was very upfront with his opinions and thoughts. He didn't sugar coat things. Sometimes I wish he would explain a few things in more detail but thats about my only complaint. He was very personable and I felt like he was invested in our situation...I did three embryo transfers with donor eggs. The first cycle ended with a miscarriage early on. The second we switched the type of progesterone and it didn't end being enough so we got a negative pregnancy. We did a faux transfer after that to make sure my progesterone levels were good before doing our third transfer. I got pregnant on my third but unfortunately miscarried again
The clinic [HRC] was fine. My only problem was I was closest to the Westlake office but the doctor was only there in the mornings only. The afternoons he was in Encino so it made scheduling harder (especially since I worked nights). Also all the procedures (minus basic ultrasounds) were done in Encino so it was a bit of a drive for those. The offices themselves were nice and the rooms were nice.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
I loved the doctor. He was very upfront with his opinions and thoughts. He didn't sugar coat things. Sometimes I wish he would explain a few things in more detail but thats about my only complaint. He was very personable and I felt like he was invested in our situation.
Ask questions and don't let him dismiss you. Make sure you understand everything for your own piece of mind
The doctor was great and very personable. However the medical team I did not feel like they made me feel like a human. I had to call them all he time to get results that were supposed to be called to me. They were not very kind during my miscarriages. It was frustrating.
I did three embryo transfers with donor eggs. The first cycle ended with a miscarriage early on. The second we switched the type of progesterone and it didn't end being enough so we got a negative pregnancy. We did a faux transfer after that to make sure my progesterone levels were good before doing our third transfer. I got pregnant on my third but unfortunately miscarried again.
They did not follow through with results, I had to constantly call. When I had my miscarriage they called me to come in for an ultrasound to check the baby (like I was still pregnant). They were not compassionate when telling me about my miscarriage after one of my blood tests. Overall it was a frustrating experience
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic was fine. My only problem was I was closest to the Westlake office but the doctor was only there in the mornings only. The afternoons he was in Encino so it made scheduling harder (especially since I worked nights). Also all the procedures (minus basic ultrasounds) were done in Encino so it was a bit of a drive for those. The offices themselves were nice and the rooms were nice.
The initial cost for us was about $23,000 for the first cycle including meds (we used a donor, (this does not include the donor agency fees). After that not counting meds we paid about $2500 per transfer (and that was a military discount, I think the original price was around $3600).
He suggested a single transfer. Its less of a risk than with twins even though the percentage to get pregnant decreasing slightly. He allows you to choose and I elected to do a single each time.

12 Eggs Frozen
I really like Dr. Nelson and would go back to him again. He’s warm and engaging and I felt very secure in going through this process with him. He explained things well and gave me a good idea of what to expect...I initially had a good number of follicles (I’m 41), I think we just did a more standard plan for egg harvesting. But then I only got 4 eggs, so he changes the regimen a bit and then I got 7 the next time.
The facility [HRC] is nice and clean and everyone is friendly. I usually didn’t have to wait very long to be seen, but it does get busier later in the morning. Some places have you pay for each exam, blood draw, etc, but this one has kind of a package deal, which I liked...Elizabeth was very personable, responsive, and helpful. You actually email the nurse and another email address so someone else can also help you if your nurse isn’t available, which happened once.
12 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Start ASAP because some months are busier than others. I was lucky and got in right away when I called to make a consultation, but I think I just had lucky timing.
Dr. Nelson is very personable and I enjoyed working with him. He explained things clearly, let me know what to expect, and I feel like he really cares about his patients. He was understanding and accommodating to my hectic work schedule and made sure to amp things up so that I got enough eggs during my second retrieval.
Because my hormone levels were good and I initially had a good number of follicles (I’m 41), I think we just did a more standard plan for egg harvesting. But then I only got 4 eggs, so he changes the regimen a bit and then I got 7 the next time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Torres)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The facility is nice and clean and everyone is friendly. I usually didn’t have to wait very long to be seen, but it does get busier later in the morning. Some places have you pay for each exam, blood draw, etc, but this one has kind of a package deal, which I liked. But maybe they average out to be similar in price, I don’t know.
It’s a package that includes visits, ultrasounds, and blood draws. And the retrieval costs.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Wilcox is a great doctor with calm demeanor. He or his nurse practitioner did all of my ultrasounds, which is great. However, I never spoke to Dr. Wilcox after each failed transfer. Even just a quick phone call to show his support would have been nice....He may come off a little too calm, but that seems to be his personality and bedside manner....During the last ultrasound prior to my 3rd FET, I asked him a question and he gave me a single word response before leaving the room. I did not feel very supported/validated at that time.
Dr. Wilcox's [HRC] nurse team was amazing. From his nurse practitioner Tiffany, to my assigned IVF coordinator Teresa, to his awesome nurses Nanette, Ana, and Kat, I always felt that everyone knew where I was in my cycle and what the next steps were. I never felt that his team was confused as to which patient I was. i never felt like a number. My preferred mode of communication is email, and sometimes I would email a random question. If Teresa was not able to respond quickly, one of the other nurses was so quick to respond.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Wilcox's strength is his very calm demeanor, which I equated to confidence. He was always cool and collected, and his tone of voice was very comforting. He answered every question I had (except with the last transfer) as if he had always known the answer. He never faltered in his responses, which made me feel at ease. Dr. Wilcox's weakness, as previously stated, is that he could be a bit more supportive. After each failed transfer, I never connected with him as far as the next steps. I always spoke to my IVF coordinator, who would speak on his behalf. After each failed transfer (I had 3), I would have liked to connect with him or even have him call me with the next steps. I think that adds the human factor; the idea that he's not just a busy doctor, but a human who actually cares about my progress. During the last ultrasound prior to my 3rd FET, I asked him a question and he gave me a single word response before leaving the room. I did not feel very supported/validated at that time. I would say that for the most part, though, Dr. Wilcox was professional and I was confident with my treatment plan. His protocol always worked for me because I responded well to medications. Everything looked picture perfect beforehand. He adjusted the treatment plan with each failed FET, and I had cervical dilations and an ERA to help diagnose possible issues with implantation at the cellular level. I am confident in his treatment plans for me for the future as well.
He may come off a little too calm, but that seems to be his personality and bedside manner. If you don't feel comfortable by that, I would go with another doctor. He was always consistently cool as a cucumber.
Dr. Wilcox is a great doctor with calm demeanor. He or his nurse practitioner did all of my ultrasounds, which is great. However, I never spoke to Dr. Wilcox after each failed transfer. Even just a quick phone call to show his support would have been nice. Maybe that is too much to ask, but this is an extremely emotional experience and sometimes the bad news/aftermath of bad news is better received when it comes from the doctor. His awesome nursing team called me by phone/email, and were always prompt. But that is the only thing I would have liked from Dr. Wilcox.
EGG RETRIEVAL IN JUNE 2017: Birth control pills started on 5/19/17-5/28/17. 5/30/17 appt for ultrasound/labs. 6/2/17: Started Gonal F 300 units, Menopur 75 units, Omnitrope 0.25 mL every night. 6/6/17: Appt for ultrasound/labs. Based on lab results, I continued all medications as ordered and increased Menopur to 100 units. 6/8/17: appt for labs/ultrasound. Follicles growing well, responding to meds well. 6/10/17: appt for labs/ultrasound. 6/11/17: trigger injection. 6/13/17: egg retrieval under general anesthesia. 19 eggs retrieved, 13 eggs mature, 11 fertilized via ICSI, 10 blasts, 5 PGS normal embryos (3 boys/2 girls). FET #1 IN AUGUST 2017: 7/1//17:take last birth control pill. 7/12/17 appt for ultrasound, labs for BHCG and estrogen. 7/16/17: Start Delestrogen 0.1mL every 3 days for 2 doses. Start prenatal vitamins, dha, and folic acid daily. 7/22/17: increase Delestrogen to 0.2mL every 3 days. 7/26/17: Appt for ultrasound/labs for progesterone and estrogen. 7/30/17: Started Endometrin 100mg vaginal suppository 3 times daily and Progesterone 200mg lozenges sublingually 3 times daily. 8/4/17: FET with 1 male PGS embryo. Dr. Wilcox had difficulty accessing my uterus because my cervix is anatomically shaped differently. 8/16/17: Beta HCG negative. FET#2 IN OCTOBER 2017: 9/22/17: Dr. Wilcox completed a cervical dilation and endometrial scratch, because he had difficulty accessing my uterus during FET #1. 9/27/17 started Delestrogen 0.1 mL every 3 days for a total of 2 doses. Started prenatal vitamins, DHA, and folic acid daily. 10/3/17: increased Delestrogen to 0.2mL every 3 days. 10/6/17 appt for ultrasound/labs. 10/11/17 started Endometrin 100mg vaginal suppository 3 times daily and Progesterone 200mg lozenge sublingually 3 times daily. 10/16/17: FET with 2 PGS normal embryos (1 male/1 female) under general anesthesia. 10/27/17: Beta negative. ERA CYCLE IN DECEMBER 2017: 11/2/17 started birth control. 11/11/17 last birth control pill today. 11/15/17 appt for ultrasound/labs. 11/16/17 started Delestrogen 0.1mL every 3 days for a total of 2 doses. 11/22/17 Increased Delestrogen to 0.2mL every 3 days. 11/27/17 appt for labs/ultrasounds. 11/30/17 started Progesterone 1mL IM daily and Endometrin 100mg vaginal suppository 3 times daily. 12/5/17: ERA biopsy. Started back on birth control pills. FET#3 IN JANUARY 2018: 12/22/17 cervical dilation under general anesthesia. 12/28/17 took last birth control pill today. 1/2/18 appt for labs, ultrasound, and endometrial scratch. Started Delestrogen 0.1mL every 3 days for a total of 2 doses, and started prenatal vitamins, folic acid, and dha. 1/8/18 increased Delestrogen to 0.2mL every 3 days. 1/12/18 appt for labs and ultrasound. Dr. Wilcox saw what could have been hydrosalpinx on right side fallopian tube. 1/16/18 started Progesterone 1mL IM daily at 9am, and Endometrin 100mg vaginal suppository 3 times daily. 1/22/18 FET #3 with 1 PGS male embryo under general anesthesia. 2/2/18 Beta negative. CURRENT PLAN OF CARE: referred back to OB for possible laparoscopy of right side pelvic area, or placement of Essure on right side fallopian tube.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Teresa Fontanilla)
Dr. Wilcox's nurse team was amazing. From his nurse practitioner Tiffany, to my assigned IVF coordinator Teresa, to his awesome nurses Nanette, Ana, and Kat, I always felt that everyone knew where I was in my cycle and what the next steps were. I never felt that his team was confused as to which patient I was. i never felt like a number. My preferred mode of communication is email, and sometimes I would email a random question. If Teresa was not able to respond quickly, one of the other nurses was so quick to respond. I never felt like I was waiting for an answer. When I came to my appointments, I always felt like they knew who i was. I really appreciated that!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Front staff was nice enough, but could have been a bit more welcoming of patients. I have spent a lot of time there, and they are consistently nice enough. This is a highly emotional experience, so I feel that the more smiles I see, the better the experience. It would be nice to be greeted to a warm, friendly, and understanding receptionist when I am going in for transfers, or going in for what I know is going to be a negative beta test. I will say that they are efficient and I am in and out as soon as possible. The entire facility is amazing and I can see that they value appearance. It is beautiful as soon as you walk out of the elevator. I love that it is always clean, and their coffee/tea station is fully stocked. There is always a place to sit, which is nice.
The cost for an IVF cycle (egg retrieval, 1st FET, PGS testing): $16,565. If I opted for no PGS testing, it would have been $12,110. Each FET $3150. General anesthesia $1500. Endometrial scratch $300. Cervical dilation $1100. ERA test $870. Biopsy $260.
My doctor felt that I would be successful with a singleton transfer, but ultimately left it up to me. He was willing to transfer 2 PGS embryos, though it was not his recommendation.

2013 - 2018
I think the biggest weakness is the number of patients Dr. Neslon treats now. When we first started seeing him it seemed it was easier to make appointments and their was more flexibility and availability...That being said, he will go out of his way to book Saturday appointments...We had male infertility. We used ICSI with IVF...He always makes me feel like a person with valid feelings and concerns. I like his personality. He always seems to remember details about our everyday life
A few years ago when we first started treatment they had a strict policy about not allowing children especially babies to the clinic. That was great while I was childless at the time and going through so many different feelings related to infertility...All of the cycle treatment appointments were under the IVF or embryo transfer bills. There was no seperate bills if needing extra appointment....The lobby room is huge
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
I think the biggest weakness is the number of patients Dr. Neslon treats now. When we first started seeing him it seemed it was easier to make appointments and their was more flexibility and availability. 2 years ago it seemed as if it was harder to book an appointment. That being said, he will go out of his way to book Saturday appointments if needed for the best treatment plan for your body.
He his knowledgable about infertility and comes with years of experience.
He always makes me feel like a person with valid feelings and concerns. I like his personality. He always seems to remember details about our everyday life not related to infertility. He connects with his patients and spouses.
We had male infertility. We used ICSI with IVF with a fresh transfer the first time. With the second transfer we did a frozen transfer. We used typical IVF treatment and adjusted medicines based upon my levels since infertility was not female related. We have used 2 eggs every time because of my age and the high number of embryos created.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
A few years ago when we first started treatment they had a strict policy about not allowing children especially babies to the clinic. That was great while I was childless at the time and going through so many different feelings related to infertility. I was disheartened to see that this changed during my last cycle. The lobby room is huge and has space for all of their patients.
Yes, we were educated about the number used and the reasoning. We also, were informed that if something happened to one of the 2 embryos during unfreezing they would unfreeze another 2 and transfer 3 in that case or however many survived. That they would rather transfer 2 then just one. Again, BC i have a high number of embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Kolb is very professional & caring. We really didn't feel as if he was trying the bare minimum in trying to help me conceive. He did what we wanted, (within reason, we wanted to try pills 1st & he explained why we would go the more aggresive route since I have PCOS). He's a wonderful, intelligent, well mannered physician.... We checked blood levels, then we checked to see if my tubes were blocked with a water ultrasound (in office). My tubes were fine & I didnt have any polyps in my uterus. I do have PCOS though. So he wanted to try Gonal-f 200iu nightly injections. 9 injections all together.
Sometimes the waiting area [HRC - Pasadena] was overflowing with patients, and coordinators. I guess it's great for them, but sometimes no seating and long wait time isn't great for me. At times, the waiting area can get quit loud with everyone talking and the staff calling out patients names very softly so we cant all hear in the hallway near the elevators.... Flor is just the sweetest. Im sure I bugged her a few time with emailing so much, but she responded fast & answered all of my questions.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Go with an open mind & have questions. Dont be disappointed if the route you want to try 1st is not the same route he wants to try. He will give you his honest opinion.
Dr. Kolb was the nicest ever. My husband & I felt very comfortable with him and he answered all of our questions. We never felt rushed, even though there were always many patients in the waiting room.
We checked blood levels, then we checked to see if my tubes were blocked with a water ultrasound (in office). My tubes were fine & I didnt have any polyps in my uterus. I do have PCOS though. So he wanted to try Gonal-f 200iu nightly injections. 9 injections all together. We checked on ultrasound if my lining was good & we did IUI on Nov 5, 2017. We did progesterone inserts daily as well. Unfortunately, a pregnancy did not happen. He says next time we will be more aggresive with medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flor Parada)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Sometimes the waiting area was overflowing with patients, and coordinators. I guess it's great for them, but sometimes no seating and long wait time isn't great for me. At times, the waiting area can get quit loud with everyone talking and the staff calling out patients names very softly so we cant all hear in the hallway near the elevators.
All together, bloodwork, ultrasounds & IUI, (not incl. Meds as rhey were purchased from an outside company) we paid approx. $2300-$2500. (Meds were an additional $1600 from an outside pharm)