Genetic counseling: Offered
Westlake Village, CA 91361
West Los Angeles
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend HRC Fertility to a friend?

7.3

IUI, 1 IVF
As a patient you feel treated like an equal. Your input does matter and Dr. Boostanfar goes the extra mile to make sure you understand his reasoning and makes you part of the treatment. ... If you feel you don’t fully understand his motivation he will address that. He is up to date with his knowledge of expertise and the fact that he suggested mini ivf at my age only proves that, since it is the quality and not the quantity that matters.
Prices are what they are but they work with a finance team [HRC] if you need it. The whole team acts like a family and will do all in their power to make you feel comfortable ... Brandy is the face of sympathy. She will make sure that issues that were not or forgotten to discuss will be addressed. She will make time for you and make you feel you are the only patient there. If a question arises when home you can email her and she replies back ASAP if not the same moment. Very approachable
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is a genuine and I am glad he was my first experience as a fertility doctor. As previously said, he treats you as his partner in the treatment and goes the extra mile with his RN Brandy to meet your fertility/emotional need. If you feel you don’t fully understand his motivation he will address that. He is up to date with his knowledge of expertise and the fact that he suggested mini ivf at my age only proves that, since it is the quality and not the quantity that matters.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is busy but he will take his time to make sure all is clear. However it is better to have your questions ready for him. Fertility is seen as very personal hence some topics remained unspoken, but they should be discussable and he is the right person for it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
As mentioned I underwent the mini ivf, as it has become more and more clear that full blown high dosages of fertility hormones increase the number but not necessarily the quality of the eggs. I had a gentle cycle with injectables and low dose of everything. I had barely any side effects and experienced a pregnancy from the first cycle. Unfortunately ended in miscarriage due to genetic defect. So specifics: a mini ivf including the egg retrieval (my own), since only 3 eggs available, opted for ICSI to ascertain feryilization, topped it up with endometrial scratching which in peer reviewed journals has shown to be somewhat beneficial in some.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Brandy Cravens)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Sometimes the wait times but then again you are met in a very personal way. Prices are what they are but they work with a finance team if you need it. The whole team acts like a family and will do all in their power to make you feel comfortable
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
Mini ivf with additional anesthésia and the medication around 13500
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Boostanfar tailors his treatment to his individual patients. There is no “one fits all” principle and I can only express an opinion about my case, older age, max 2 to transfer since you don’t want add risk to mother and baby in case of multiples of higher number would be added. I had only 2 embryos but even if I had 3 still 2 would be transferred.
Encino

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.

Dr. March always makes time for you, we never felt rushed and he provided detailed information about the procedure. He has the BEST bedside manner, literally sits on the bed with you and makes eye contact, very empathetic but also gives you a plan...he says things like "I like Lupron and Lupron is fine for an FET but I don't like it for YOU." It is things like this that make me trust that he is individualizing my care, unlike other REs who have used a one size fits all protocol at times.
[HRC is] Organized, clean, compassionate - I saw a sign that said please don't bring kids to a certain floor as it is a trigger for others. Easy to schedule, billing is a breeze. They get back to you quickly and I had no issues...[The nurse is] So thorough with follow up. Quick to respond and she will always find a time to talk with Dr. March if she doesn't know the answers. Amazing, love her!...Hysteroscopy - with 3 weeks of the balloon placed along with estrogen before and after. He likes to use estrogen prior to the procedure so he can map your uterus. I wouldn't have a hysteroscopy without the estrogen prep! He is also saying No lupron or BCP prior to a FET for those with thin lining. Instead, start estrogen on Day 2! Nurse
How was your experience with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
Dr. March used real life analogies like baseball and even war to help my husband understand our fertility better. He has a wonderful sense of humor while also exuding the utmost confidence in treatment that is specialized and tailored to ME. For example, he says things like "I like Lupron and Lupron is fine for an FET but I don't like it for YOU." It is things like this that make me trust that he is individualizing my care, unlike other REs who have used a one size fits all protocol at times.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles March at HRC Fertility?
If you have Asherman's or thin lining contact him! If I lived in LA I would use him for IVF and I have even considered moving my embryos to him if my local REs don't agree on a protocol for me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Charles March used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Adriana)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles March at HRC Fertility.
My insurance covered the hysteroscopy. Not sure for IVF.
Describe Charles March's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
He likes PGS with Day 5 embryos and 1 transferred.
Charles March
Encino

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Charles March at HRC Fertility.

Dr. Peck was very thorough with her visits with us and always made sure we understood every step of our process, she was compassionate, patient, understanding, and knowledgeable... I liked that she never pushed for a particular agenda with our treatment, she always provided information and let us (my husband and I) consult with each other and make our choices. I like that Dr. Peck is so patient, compassionate, and shares our triumphs us with which makes us feel like we are a team, instead feeling like it's us vs doctors. I've been very happy with her level of care during out IVF process which we are still in the middle of, we look forward to the next steps in our journey with Dr. Peck as our guide.
Our Care Coordinator [at HRC] is very thorough with our consultations with us and helps to further educate us on our process. She always promptly responds to my emails when I have questions and I appreciated that more than anything, she was always available...The clinic employs friendly staff who are available to answer questions, provide information, and go the extra mile to work with our insurance carrier. We appreciated the billing department's staff advocating for us with our insurance carrier and even providing invoices that they don't usually provide so that my husband and I could be reimburse through our insurance company for certain treatment procedures.
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
From the beginning of our process with Dr. Peck she has always taken the time to explain all information, including risks, and encouraged us to make our decisions regarding our treatment based on the information she provided. I liked that she never pushed for a particular agenda with our treatment, she always provided information and let us (my husband and I) consult with each other and make our choices. I like that Dr. Peck is so patient, compassionate, and shares our triumphs us with which makes us feel like we are a team, instead feeling like it's us vs doctors. I've been very happy with her level of care during out IVF process which we are still in the middle of, we look forward to the next steps in our journey with Dr. Peck as our guide.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Share any concerns you may have about treatment or your process with Dr. Peck so that she may provide you with information and knowledge to make the possible decision for you and your partner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
During our egg retrieval Dr. Peck adjusted possible dates and dosages of medications based on the growth of our follicles during the time I was taking stimulation medication. Towards the end of our cycle Dr. Peck monitored our progress very closely by having me do daily ultrasounds and blood draws. She took the time to explain the reason for my feeling so much discomfort and overall pain (high number of follicles developing), she explained the reasons for the delay during my egg retrieval and explained the benefits of waiting longer for egg retrieval (waiting until most of the follicles reached full maturity). We appreciated the close attention paid to our progress during our egg retrieval. During the day of our egg retrieval she came in and spoke to me and told me what to expect and even after the procedure she came in and provided us with our results and I truly appreciated her answering questions despite being very busy and treating multiple patients including ourselves.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly Solis)
Our Care Coordinator is very thorough with our consultations with us and helps to further educate us on our process. She always promptly responds to my emails when I have questions and I appreciated that more than anything, she was always available. During the time when we ordering our stimulation medications she went above and beyond to help our insurance cover the medications by writing a letter of medical necessity on our behalf very quickly and our medications were approved which was a huge help financially for us. We appreciate Kimberly sharing her own personal experiences with the treatments we were going through and telling me what to expect during the process.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.
Embryo testing, PICSI, genetic counseling, and stimulation medications.
Describe Alison Peck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We have not completed a transfer cycle yet.
Encino

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.

Dr. Boostanfar is direct. I am an educated, self-advocating patient and he took that into account when explaining why he chose a particular protocol for retrieval and transfer.... My cycle before finding Dr. B was a complete failure where I made no blasts. I was a low responder. Instead of jacking up my FSH, Dr. B suggested micro dose Lupron and HGH. I had 5 embryos sent off for testing and 2 came back normal.
The clinic [HRC- Encino] is on busy Ventura Boulevard. There is parking at the building, but it is pricey. I wish there validated for the attached parking, but you have to self-pay. The clinic itself is nicely decorated....I am an out of state patient, which can make things more difficult. His staff helped every step of the way.... They do offer a military/veteran discount, which is very nice!
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is direct. I am an educated, self-advocating patient and he took that into account when explaining why he chose a particular protocol for retrieval and transfer. He was very compassionate when I miscarried and is determined to get me to my goal.
I would say meet him and let his expertise guide you.
Dr. Boostanfar and his staff are warm and take time to explain every step of the process. I am an out of state patient, which can make things more difficult. His staff helped every step of the way.
My cycle before finding Dr. B was a complete failure where I made no blasts. I was a low responder. Instead of jacking up my FSH, Dr. B suggested micro dose Lupron and HGH. I had 5 embryos sent off for testing and 2 came back normal. For my transfer, he tried an out of the box protocol including an HCG injection, Neupogen uterine wash, vaginal viagra, intrilipids. It worked in terms of getting me pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bahar)
My nurse, Bahar, was highly communicative and on top of every med, symptom, and appointment. She gave me her personal contact to reach out to anytime I needed her. She has been amazing!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is on busy Ventura Boulevard. There is parking at the building, but it is pricey. I wish there validated for the attached parking, but you have to self-pay. The clinic itself is nicely decorated. I have been to others with shabby chairs and 1990 decor, but HRC is modern and clean. Each appointment I had in the Encino office, there was minimal wait time, if any at all. All of the staff from the front desk, phlebotomists, and nurses are all friendly and kind. Billing can be a little bit confusing. My case is likely unique with extra charges and additional procedures. They do offer a military/veteran discount, which is very nice!
Due to travel and additional testing needed, I've likely spent $30K

Uterine Fibroids, Other
Initially she [Dr. Alison Peck] was thorough and supportive but we found out that despite Pgd testing I had an embryo with dmd because apparently both my X chromosomes were affected which we didn’t know before so eventually had to abort. After this we felt her attitude changed and practically refused to do another transfer. This made us feel like a failed statistic which was disappointing after the great treatment before that. She has very limited knowledge and understanding of genetics. These days she has completely changed her tone with us which has really brought my hopes down about being able to have a baby.
Lots of different costs [at HRC] that you don’t get clarity on and extra costs that apparently are out of pocket that you get surprised with. Billing Dept always seemed to be confused...I think the finance Dept has too many complicated paperwork and it’s impossible to understand the costings. The rest of the staff are easy. The nursing staff are great. The acupuncturist is great. It is a very diverse clinic. They have a lot of tests and the process has many steps.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Initially she was thorough and supportive but we found out that despite Pgd testing I had an embryo with dmd because apparently both my X chromosomes were affected which we didn’t know before so eventually had to abort. After this we felt her attitude changed and practically refused to do another transfer. This made us feel like a failed statistic which was disappointing after the great treatment before that. She has very limited knowledge and understanding of genetics. These days she has completely changed her tone with us which has really brought my hopes down about being able to have a baby.
I don’t have any since each case is different
The nurses and staff were friendly
I can’t remember all the technicals but dr peck put me on the pill and then regulated the timings and medications accordingly. During this period I came in for regular blood tests and had a few acupuncture sessions. She checked my uterus regularly. The general treatment was good. I had the karyotype testing done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberley )
The care staff and Kimberley are excellent. Kimberley is really warm and responds very quickly on email.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Lots of different costs that you don’t get clarity on and extra costs that apparently are out of pocket that you get surprised with. Billing Dept always seemed to be confused.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I feel that Sr Boostanfar is a great Dr and it is great knowing that if you go to the clinic to see him then that’s who your going to see not just a different dr e wry time ... Dr Boostanfar is down to earth and treats you like a human and not a number ... Dr a Boostanfar is a well respected Dr and treats you like he cares. ... Don’t protocols were Lipton and menopur for the egg retrieval and progesterone and endometrin prepping for the transfer. We also did an era
The strengths of the clinic [HRC] is that they are lgbtq qualified and the location is great. The weaknesses is that all of the labs are drawn there but are shipped out. It would be nice if the lab was in the clinic. The customer service has been great and they always treat my wife with respect by involving her. The nursing team and phlebotomists are great and I’ve had a great experience with all of them.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr a Boostanfar is a well respected Dr and treats you like he cares. He works closely to his nurse who is very easy to contact and answers every question. He explains things throughly and doesn’t rush through anything.
Dr Boostanfar is down to earth and treats you like a human and not a number
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alina)
Alina is so great being compassionate and treats me as if I were a friend. She answers all of my questions and is easy to contact and also responds quickly to my emails
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The strengths of the clinic is that they are lgbtq qualified and the location is great. The weaknesses is that all of the labs are drawn there but are shipped out. It would be nice if the lab was in the clinic. The customer service has been great and they always treat my wife with respect by involving her. The nursing team and phlebotomists are great and I’ve had a great experience with all of them. The down side is the expensive price but I feel like we can’t get away from the pricing of ivf.
The first transfer since it was covered mostly through the clinical trial was $4000 For the 2nd cycle we paid 2300 for the era and 410” for the fet
I was in a clinical trial on the first transfers so one embryo was transferred but for the second transfer he doesn’t mind transferring 2 embryos which was my suggestion
Encino
He [Dr. Feinman] had no intention of changing protocol. I wasn't allowed to speak to the lab. I was given no information as to their grading or what abnormalities. ... He was nice enough during the visits if not seemingly little annoyed if I asked questions. The end result was that there were no normal embryos. ... If you are young and have plenty of healthy eggs you will probably be fine but his one size fits all approach is not a fit for older women or women with special circumstances.
The staff [HRC] are very friendly especially the financial people. The in house acupuncture is also great. I still see Pei-Jen even though I've switched clinics for treatment. It's nice that the egg retrievals are done in the same location and you can get parking validated if you buy something at the cafe downstairs. ... Acupuncture is 100 a visit. The IVF cycle came to around 25,000 ... Trey [nurse] was inconsistent in her communication. Sometimes great and sometimes she'd go MIA. She was kind and encouraging but not super helpful in terms of the actual medical side of things.
How was your experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
During our consultation Dr. Feinman told us there was nothing you could do to affect the quality of your eggs, they are what they are and nothing will change that not even drinking and smoking! He also had a coffee mug that said his medical degree trumps your google search. I should have gone with my gut but I just wanted to get started. He was nice enough during the visits if not seemingly little annoyed if I asked questions. The end result was that there were no normal embryos. He had no intention of changing protocol. I wasn't allowed to speak to the lab. I was given no information as to their grading or what abnormalities.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
The staff were always very kind and the office never felt overcrowded or hectic.
Describe the protocols Michael Feinman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Clomid, Follistim, Ganerelix and Menopur. I was given no insight as to how or why.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Trey Shade)
Trey was inconsistent in her communication. Sometimes great and sometimes she'd go MIA. She was kind and encouraging but not super helpful in terms of the actual medical side of things. I was given incorrect needles for the instructions I was given, she didn't know how to use a Q-cap for the menapur (she would try and pop it out instead of putting it on the vial then releasing the packaging), and a few other glitches.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The staff are very friendly especially the financial people. The in house acupuncture is also great. I still see Pei-Jen even though I've switched clinics for treatment. It's nice that the egg retrievals are done in the same location and you can get parking validated if you buy something at the cafe downstairs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility.
Acupuncture is 100 a visit. The IVF cycle came to around 25,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
The problems I encountered are outlined in my other answers.
Michael Feinman
Encino

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility.

2012 - 2018
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
My first cycle in 2012 that resulted in my son, Dr. T [Toureman] was amazing, attentive, listened. We g above and beyond to help me achieve pregnancy. In 2018, I don’t know if it was because I was a returning patient. I didn’t feel like he was giving me 100%. Sometimes we would talk about a plan, then next time we meet he would say something totally different. I still think he is a great doctor I just didn’t feel confident this last time.
They [HRC - Encino] are prompt. Communication with coordinator could be better.... Monitoring is throughout the day. Dr. T [Tourgeman] was not there all day. But there is another doctor that will do it.... I had changed my number since 2012. When I went for me consult in 2018 I made sure to update. The front desk did not update in my hard copy file. When my coordinator order medicine she gave Pharmacy the wrong number. I called and asked them to change it. When it came time for egg retrieval the lab they had the OLD number.
2012 - 2018
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
My first cycle in 2012 that resulted in my son, Dr. T was amazing, attentive, listened. We g above and beyond to help me achieve pregnancy. In 2018, I don’t know if it was because I was a returning patient. I didn’t feel like he was giving me 100%. Sometimes we would talk about a plan, then next time we meet he would say something totally different. I still think he is a great doctor I just didn’t feel confident this last time. Made me more disappointed when it didn’t work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Ask a lot of questions. Take notes. He forgets what we talk about.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. T is a genuine person. He truly cares about his patients. He has a calm and soft tone that makes us feel confident.
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
2012- follistim, menopur, ganerelix, progesterone. 2018- gonal-f, cetrotide, menopur, progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennie)
When she would talk to me about my meds she would refer to them as different medications. Confused me. Sometimes when I ask her to check on stuff she would forget. When I asked about my remaining embryos she didn’t call about updates and i was stressed out for an entire weekend after transfer.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They are prompt. Communication with coordinator could be better. Doctor should not assume about returning patients I feel I should have acted as though I was new and not be pushed under the rug in a way.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
Monitoring is throughout the day. Dr. T was not there all day. But there is another doctor that will do it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.
2012- 15k 2018-13k We had utilize their military discount which was offered in 2018
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
My choice if I wanted it or not. Always transfer 2. In 2012 after 4 cycles didn’t work he did transfer 3 embryos when I was 24 years told.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
I had changed my number since 2012. When I went for me consult in 2018 I made sure to update. The front desk did not update in my hard copy file. When my coordinator order medicine she gave Pharmacy the wrong number. I called and asked them to change it. When it came time for egg retrieval the lab they had the OLD number. They had to call my husband while I was waiting near my phone all day. Something simple as changing your number couldn’t be done right. Which makes me feel like I fell through the cracks as a returning patient.
David Tourgeman
Encino

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.

3 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Boostanfar] is warm and friendly, but on the move. He gives you the essential information and answers any questions, but doesn't spend a lot of time explaining why he's choosing the protocol he's choosing or going over what to expect. Unless you know what to ask, I feel like it would be easy to leave without some information. The nurse that is helping me fills that role instead.... Microdose lupron, follistim and menopur. I don't know WHY these were chosen, other than I think my fibroids were taken into account with the lupron.
Overall very happy with the clinic [HRC Encino]. Clean, short waits, professional staff and many services offered. Prices seem in line with other clinics as well. Didn't get great results on my first attempt, but hopeful that with a tweaked protocol will improve.... She [nurse] is great at going through and explaining what to expect and what comes next, as well as answering any questions that you may have forgotten to ask the doctor. Patient and professional, and seems to really care about my success.
3 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He is warm and friendly, but on the move. He gives you the essential information and answers any questions, but doesn't spend a lot of time explaining why he's choosing the protocol he's choosing or going over what to expect. Unless you know what to ask, I feel like it would be easy to leave without some information. The nurse that is helping me fills that role instead.
Have a list of questions ready. He is very knowledgable but gives the impression of also being quite busy, and unless you ask questions the appointment will go very quickly and you may not get all the info you want. Overall, though, I think he knows what he is doing and is very good at what he does.
Consultations go pretty quickly, with not a lot of extraneous information given. He is very friendly and professional, but doesn't spend a lot of extra time going over results or the WHY of things.
Microdose lupron, follistim and menopur. I don't know WHY these were chosen, other than I think my fibroids were taken into account with the lupron. I did not respond well, however, so we're changing the protocol next time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bahereh)
She is great at going through and explaining what to expect and what comes next, as well as answering any questions that you may have forgotten to ask the doctor. Patient and professional, and seems to really care about my success.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Overall very happy with the clinic. Clean, short waits, professional staff and many services offered. Prices seem in line with other clinics as well. Didn't get great results on my first attempt, but hopeful that with a tweaked protocol will improve.
Medication, monitoring, and the actual retrieval costs (anesthesia, etc), as well as the cost of freezing the eggs.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Peck never wasted my time with multiple IUIs or rounds of clomid. She was honest about my chances instead of just going through the motions. Dr. Peck took the time to explain the entire situation and provide honest feedback.... She was candid about our results and helpful with recommendations. She also took the time to qualify us for an IVF study, which may be helpful for us.... Dr. Peck originally recommended medicated cycles for anovulation.
HRC-Encino is warm and inviting. Every time I call, I am quickly transferred to where I need to be. They’re honest about their costs. Also, they call with results on time! My only complaint is expensive parking.... Kimberly is Dr. Peck’s nurse and is amazing! She will email me back about a nervous last minute question at 10pm on a weeknight! Shanise is another nurse who is the only person to get my vein on a first try. She’s also very friendly and nice to speak to
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr Peck took time to ensure I received the care I needed and received the answers for the questions I asked. She was candid about our results and helpful with recommendations. She also took the time to qualify us for an IVF study, which may be helpful for us.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Peck is very sweet, but honest.
Dr. Peck originally recommended medicated cycles for anovulation. She also urged a semen sample and HSG prior to treatment. I’m so grateful that she did because I also have a blocked tube/my husband has poor morphology, motility, and DNA fragminatation. Knowing these results, she recommended IVF to save us time and money. Moreso, she recommended us to an IVF clinical trial, which will hopefully save us more money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly and Shanise)
Kimberly is Dr. Peck’s nurse and is amazing! She will email me back about a nervous last minute question at 10pm on a weeknight! Shanise is another nurse who is the only person to get my vein on a first try. She’s also very friendly and nice to speak to, which is very important. Currently, she is assisting with having me join a clinical study. She’s amazing at answering all my pressing questions, being open about what is needed for me to do, and flexible with her scheduling!
300/ultrasound 80/bloodwork IUI/2,100

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Boostanfar has good bedside manners. When he first diagnosed me with infertility I was crying. He hugged me and reassured me everything was going to be ok. He seems very knowledgeable with infertility and creates custom protocols....He is comforting and empathetic. He gave me confidence when I was nervous for egg retrieval. Shares success stories of women with similar conditions to give me confidence and boost my optimism.
The HRC lab is onsite and their facilities are clean. One negative is there is no free parking onsite. Recommendation is to schedule appointments first thing in the morning because they are less busy....My nurse saved me! She is amazing and I don't think I could go through this journey without her. She gives me the confidence I need and reassures me that I'm ok when I have mental breakdowns.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar has good bedside manners. He is comforting and empathetic. He gave me confidence when I was nervous for egg retrieval. Shares success stories of women with similar conditions to give me confidence and boost my optimism.
Ask questions and why he's doing certain protocols.
After 2 HSG tests my results for my right ovary was still unclear. I mentioned that my childhood gynecologist believed I had endometriosis. Dr. Boostanfar recommended that I take care of my endometriosis before starting IVF. He was insistent about laparoscopic surgery with robotics. At that time there were no qualified doctors in Los Angeles to perform that procedure and he referred me to Dr. Nazaht in San Francisco. Dr. Nazaht removed my stage 2 & 3 endo from my uterus and colon. He also repaired my uterus that was beginning to become bicornuate. Dr. Nazaht also diagnosed me with one ovary (lost right side due to torsion). Then started IVF. Did PGS testing and ERA. ERA identified that my lining was inflamed possibly due to endometriosis and therefore began depot lupron procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Brandy)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They told me the IVF cycle was going to cost about $20K-25K not including medications. Including medications, I will be spending around $35k for this IVF cycle.
My doctor scared me about multiple embryo transfer and the potential health risks.
Encino

Dr. Boostanfar has excellent bedside manner. He immediately understood that this was not my "first rodeo" and did not waste my time with basic information that I already knew. He listened and understood my concerns and provided options and knowledgeable feedback.... He runs a busy practice, and although at times it may seem like he is in a hurry, he takes the time to answer all of my questions.... Express your goals and concerns with him.
HRC has an excellent reputation in southern California, and their popularity is evident. Despite a sometimes busy waiting room, appointments typically run on time or close to the scheduled time. Appointments are quick but comprehensive. I have seen the doctor at every visit. My only constructive comment is that the financial/insurance department can be somewhat confusing at times. There were occasional unexpected add-on charges and it was difficult to understand clearance with my insurance and the clinic.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is knowledgeable in his field and direct/to the point, which I appreciate. He runs a busy practice, and although at times it may seem like he is in a hurry, he takes the time to answer all of my questions. His nurse is extremely competent and effective as well.
Express your goals and concerns with him. He is open to exploring options and making a decision with you as a doctor/patient team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
My nurse/care coordinator is excellent. As with any professional medical office, you will mostly communicate with the nursing staff regarding scheduling, information, small concerns, etc. and this clinic clearly has armed itself with a competent and effective staff. Do no overlook the importance of a knowledgable and communicative nurse, because it can make all the difference in your experience.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
For one fresh cycle, including transfer and medications, the total is roughly $15,000.
2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The first time in 2013 he [Dr. Tourgeman] was godsend. Everything was just amazing. When I recently saw him this year I didn’t feel the same. I felt like everything was vague. Maybe because I already went through s cycle and he knew me he didn’t need to be more attentive as I was a returning patient.... First cycle I had follistim with more eggs and second time we used gonal f and less eggs. Not sure if it made a difference but also I aged.
Front desk [HRC] did not update my number in my file. I called many times to make sure but it was never done. My nurse could never call me, Pharmacy was given wrong number but thankfully my email still worked.... Weakness would be communication. When I changed my number they didn’t update everywhere. When it came time for updates after retrieval they called a disconnected number. Dr.T is great and I still think highly of him. Just this past cycle I lost a little bit of confidence.
2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
The first time in 2013 he was godsend. Everything was just amazing. When I recently saw him this year I didn’t feel the same. I felt like everything was vague. Maybe because I already went through s cycle and he knew me he didn’t need to be more attentive as I was a returning patient.
Just make sure you are aware of everything. Ask lots of questions and he is ok with your opinions too.
He is very kind and gentle as a doctor and also went through IVF for his son. I knew he would be compassionate
First cycle I had follistim with more eggs and second time we used gonal f and less eggs. Not sure if it made a difference but also I aged. 5 years from 24 to 30. I wasn’t confident with medication change.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenny )
My nurse was quick to answer questions and emails. Towards the end of the cycle I felt that wasn’t the case. She would forget to do what she said she would. Make a phone call, follow up on certain things.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
Dr.T is there in the afternoons sometimes it was hard to get an early appointment which made my appointment last the entire day including drive time.
Sometimes they billed my insurance differently and in turn the insurance said I was responsible instead of them covering.
He believes that 2 is a good number to transfer for under 35.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Front desk did not update my number in my file. I called many times to make sure but it was never done. My nurse could never call me, Pharmacy was given wrong number but thankfully my email still worked.
David Tourgeman
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr.B[oostanfar] is extremely confident and great at what he does. He has taken my negative thoughts about infertility and given me some hope...He thoroughly explained everything, went over tests that needed to be done, and after these tests we all sat down and went over options. My results were given to me right away with every test. Dr.Boostanfar let me decide what I wanted to do, even though I trusted his judgment and allowed him to help me make decisions. He also saw me for every appointment, which I thought was amazing.
When we decided to do IVF, dr boostanfar [at HRC-Encino] made specific plans for my case and adjusted the medication throughout the entire IVF process. After every ultrasound he made adjustments accordingly and we got 32 eggs out of it! 22 fertilized and 16 were sent off for biopsies...Brandy [nurse] is awesome! She is extremely organized, responds to emails and phone calls so quickly, and she’s so compassionate as well.
European, Latino
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
When we first met Dr. boostanfar we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into when it came to the infertility world. He thoroughly explained everything, went over tests that needed to be done, and after these tests we all sat down and went over options. My results were given to me right away with every test. Dr.Boostanfar let me decide what I wanted to do, even though I trusted his judgment and allowed him to help me make decisions. He also saw me for every appointment, which I thought was amazing.
Dr. B is so thoughtful and considerate of what we’re going through. I’d talk to him about what your feeling as much as possible and be open with him about everything, he does the best he can to help you feel at ease.
Dr.B is extremely confident and great at what he does. He has taken my negative thoughts about infertility and given me some hope. My husband and I are still under his care and we will only be seeing him for future children because he makes us feel so special and takes care of us like he would his own family members.
Both of my IUIs has different treatments. The first IUI I was on femara and the second I was on femara and injections. Both had negative outcomes, but I only have one tube working (the other was taken out due to blockage). When we decided to do IVF, dr boostanfar made specific plans for my case and adjusted the medication throughout the entire IVF process. After every ultrasound he made adjustments accordingly and we got 32 eggs out of it! 22 fertilized and 16 were sent off for biopsies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Brandy Platt )
Brandy is awesome! She is extremely organized, responds to emails and phone calls so quickly, and she’s so compassionate as well. I’d highly recommend her if you have the choice!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic is amazing. You never have to wait for too long to get in and see a doctor. I’ve never waited more than 20 minutes in the waiting room and they have so much staff (that are friendly of course) that it makes it easy every time I go in and get blood work or an ultrasound done.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
The appointments I made have always been on time regardless of the time of day. I never had to wait too long to see the doctor or nurse.
Not sure
We are going through this process right now but I believe he likes single embryo transfers due to the risk of the embryo splitting, which apparently happens frequently.
Encino

Overstimmed resulting in poor quality embryos (Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) but were lucky enough to have a few that were PGS normal [during treatment with Dr. Boostanfar]. Negative frozen elective single transfer a few months after my retrieval...He does a lot of IVF cycles. Appointments were always very quick - he would answer questions if I asked but I always got the feeling I was bothering him with my questions since he was very busy and ready to go to his next patient. I don't feel that the treatment was explained to me very well and I had to spend a lot of time on forums/google to better understand what was going on.
It's a large clinic [HRC] and so it's to be expected that one is more like a number than a person... It's still expensive and the add-ons really add extra costs but I don't think it was very different than other clinics in the area...I loved my nurse and she was a strong factor for me considering staying with HRC/Dr. Boostanfar. I am ambivalent with the doctor but loved my nurse. She is very organized, knowledgeable, made sure to help me keep my medicine cost low, fast to respond and really tried to manage my nerves. When she was out I did deal with other staff members but my nurse was the best that I had to work with.
Other, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Be your own advocate or be okay to just go along with the standard program and not question it (I know some people don't want to know).
It's a large clinic and so it's to be expected that one is more like a number than a person.
Overstimmed resulting in poor quality embryos (Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) but were lucky enough to have a few that were PGS normal. Negative frozen elective single transfer a few months after my retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The facilities are very nice though parking can sometimes be hard to find. There was no / minimal wait times which I really appreciate. The surgery center is attached to the office so that is very convenient.
It's standard for what I've seen. It's still expensive and the add-ons really add extra costs but I don't think it was very different than other clinics in the area.
It was suggested to transfer two PGS normals and the mention of risks was very brief and lasted perhaps 5 seconds of are you okay with twins even though I've read a lot that two PGS normals for someone less than 35 but brief explanations were par on course for everything else so this was not surprising.

2013 - 2015
8 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other
He [Dr. Boostanfar] was kind and direct. Sometimes he seemed impatient or quick to move things along which can be perceived as impatient. He explained things well but sometimes seemed disconnected to the experience....like he couldn't directly relate. Overall he felt very experienced however, I wish we had done some things differently. Like testing for my progesterone level before the transfers...He was good about listening to my concerns and not pushing me out the door at least for the 1st few cycles.
It seemed towards the last few cycles I felt more like a number. The clinic [HRC - Encino] was very clean. I didn't like them moving where I received my acupuncture treatment into an open space. I loved that they offered acupuncture treatment there. The equipment seemed very up to date...All of the nurses were pretty good and caring. After my first cycle it seemed like the nurses kept rotating so I always saw a different nurse. That was annoying.
2013 - 2015
8 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He was kind and direct. Sometimes he seemed impatient or quick to move things along which can be perceived as impatient. He explained things well but sometimes seemed disconnected to the experience....like he couldn't directly relate. Overall he felt very experienced however, I wish we had done some things differently. Like testing for my progesterone level before the transfers.
Go as prepared and researched as possible. Write your questions down and maybe email them so that he's had time to look over them first.
He was good about listening to my concerns and not pushing me out the door at least for the 1st few cycles. Towards the last the few cycles it seemed our consultations after were brief to me. I would see him for exams and pre and post retrievals and transfers. I don't know if my repeated disappointment was projected on to him and then he felt it harder to deal my transfer failure. I'm not sure.
we did only 3 day transfers. The last cycle we tried for a 5 day blastocyst. the embryo died between day 3 and 5. i don't remember specific medications but I remember that he said they were aggressive however in my Facebook support groups other women had more aggressive protocols so I do question that. Also, after my last cycle I suggested we test for the progesterone level only to find out that my progesterone level was short for a transfer. I wish we had done this before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Leticia and others)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It seemed towards the last few cycles I felt more like a number. The clinic was very clean. I didn't like them moving where I received my acupuncture treatment into an open space. I loved that they offered acupuncture treatment there. The equipment seemed very up to date.
i don't remember specific. i know i've spent well over 30k during the cycles. probably closer to 50k

PCOS, Unexplained
We are a female/female couple and that was never an issue...We were with Dr Peck through 4 IUIs (the first 2 negative, 3rd miscarriage, 4th was an ectopic pregnancy) and our successful IVF cycle. She was the one that gave us updates (good and bad) and we saw her at every appointment. She was patient with us and answered all our questions. She gave us options in our treatment and explained both the positive and negative of pursuing different plans. Throughout the whole process, she was supportive and caring. I cried the day I "graduated" from the fertility clinic because I really felt like they were my family during the time we were there.
The clinic staff [at HRC Encino] is helpful and the front desk staff friendly. I never had any issues with billing. They were always friendly when helping me and I was never caught off guard with unknown charges. Scheduling was easy and as flexible as timed fertility treatments allow. The clinic hosts information sessions that you can attend and meet the doctors. Several clinics in the area host these. I would recommend attending. We were able to rule out another clinic based on attending one. The actual office is nice and the atmosphere pleasant. Parking was never an issue; they have a garage, metered street spaces and free parking on a side street.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr Peck felt like family to us throughout the course of our treatments. We are a female/female couple and that was never an issue. My wife has no inclination to be a gestational carrier; we mentioned that at our initial meeting and even though I had a few health issues, she never brought it up as an option. (Small back story: We had a meeting with another RE before we found Dr Peck and without getting any health history from either of us, he look at us and said he chose my wife to be the carrier. We mentioned that she was not comfortable with that and was a carrier for a genetic issue. He just said he would use my eggs but she would carry. Needless to say, we didn't see him again.) This experience made my wife extremely uncomfortable but Dr Peck was very respectful and we never felt pressured to do anything we were not comfortable doing. She treated my wife as an equal partner in our fertility journey. We were with Dr Peck through 4 IUIs (the first 2 negative, 3rd miscarriage, 4th was an ectopic pregnancy) and our successful IVF cycle. She was the one that gave us updates (good and bad) and we saw her at every appointment. She was patient with us and answered all our questions. She gave us options in our treatment and explained both the positive and negative of pursuing different plans. Throughout the whole process, she was supportive and caring. I cried the day I "graduated" from the fertility clinic because I really felt like they were my family during the time we were there.
If you don't understand something or have additional questions, speak up and ask her about it. She's really good at explaining how different meds work and the pros and cons of different techniques. She's also realistic with presenting your chance of conceiving. I never felt like we were doing treatments that were unnecessary or wouldn't help us increase our chances of conception.
Dr Peck seemed to really care about us. She personally called with results of lab work and was very good at delivering the news (good or bad) in a very caring and professional manner. When things didn't go as planned, she took the time to make sure we were ok.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennie Tran)
Jennie was great. We saw her every visit after seeing Dr Peck. She would answer any additional questions that we forgot to bring up with Dr Peck. She also handled scheduling of appointments with us. We did a lot of communicating through email if anything came up between appointments. She was great about helping me figure out if any of my symptoms were significant (or not) and letting me know when to come in for further evaluation. The rest of the medical staff was wonderful as well. The clinic does on site blood draws and everyone was always kind and very professional.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic staff is helpful and the front desk staff friendly. I never had any issues with billing. They were always friendly when helping me and I was never caught off guard with unknown charges. Scheduling was easy and as flexible as timed fertility treatments allow. The clinic hosts information sessions that you can attend and meet the doctors. Several clinics in the area host these. I would recommend attending. We were able to rule out another clinic based on attending one. The actual office is nice and the atmosphere pleasant. Parking was never an issue; they have a garage, metered street spaces and free parking on a side street.
It was comparable to other clinic's costs for fertility treatment in the Los Angeles area. They also provided discounted programs if you qualify (refund program, purchase of multiple ivf rounds for a discount, etc). They let you know about the programs but don't pressure you to use them.
Dr Peck preferred to do a single embryo transfer but was open to transferring more. We just wanted a healthy pregnancy so pre-transfer day we decided a single transfer would be our approach. On the day of the transfer, we only had 2 embryos that were viable that had tested fine through pgs. We were going to transfer just one but the other one's quality wasn't high enough to survive the freezing process. After talking with Dr Peck, we decided to transfer both. Our end result was a single healthy baby.

7 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Dr. Boostanfar is decisive and has great bedside manner... He didn't just have a default protocol which he stuck to, he came up with something different for me and tweaked it along the way depending on what he saw during our visits.
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Robert Boostanfar: There are no words to express my gratitude for this man and his staff. After 9 years of marriage without contraception, 5 years of trying to conceive, multiple specialists, 7 failed IUIs, and 1 failed IVF cycle we decided to seek out the best fertility doctor in the country regardless of proximity to our home. Dr. Boostanfar was that guy and thank god we found him. He is decisive and has great bedside manner. He explains things well, but doesn't speak to you like an idiot. His technique and skill is impeccable. Every step of the way was focused on me and my responses. He didn't just have a default protocol which he stuck to, he came up with something different for me and tweaked it along the way depending on what he saw during our visits. The best part of this story is that he got me pregnant on my first cycle with him AND we have 3 more frozen embryos waiting!! I can say with all honesty that Dr. Boostanfar is the best fertility doctor in the country.
GO SEE HIM IMMEDIATELY! I wish we saw him sooner.
Dr. Boostanfar is decisive and has great bedside manner. He explains things well, but doesn't speak to you like an idiot. Every step of the way was focused on me and my responses. He didn't just have a default protocol which he stuck to, he came up with something different for me and tweaked it along the way depending on what he saw during our visits. He made us feel like we were family. He hugged me, my husband, and my parents. He always took time to say hello to everyone, even if they were out in the lobby.
Birth control, Lupron, Menopur. 400 x more successful then my last cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shanise Ahseim)
I love Shanise. She was responsive and always answered my numerous questions with a smile.

2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Dr Boostanfar and his PA, Wendy, were very personable and I feel they truly cared about the outcome of my cycle. After diagnostic/monitoring appointments we would meet in a conference room to discuss his findings and recommendations.... Dr Boostanfar was very empathetic and I can tell he truly cared. He gave me a hug on egg retrieval day. He was a ray of sunshine during a very dark time in my life. He was very flexible with my circumstances as I had to travel almost 1200 miles from home.
The clinic [HRC- Encino] is very clean and quaint. I never felt hurried and the wait time was never long. Clinic staff were extremely helpful and compassionate. The billing department worked well with the company who financed IVF for me. I actually received a fairly significant refund that was completely unexpected a couple of years later as the clinic had done an audit and realized they owed me money.... Wendy (PA) was involved in a research study
2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
As stated previously, Dr Boostanfar was very empathetic and I can tell he truly cared. He gave me a hug on egg retrieval day. He was a ray of sunshine during a very dark time in my life. He was very flexible with my circumstances as I had to travel almost 1200 miles from home.
Trust in his knowledge. Take a deep breath and let him take care of it all. Sometimes too much knowledge can cause anxiety and I wish I would've sit back a little bit more without worrying about Every. Single. Step. Impossible, right?
Dr Boostanfar and his PA, Wendy, were very personable and I feel they truly cared about the outcome of my cycle. After diagnostic/monitoring appointments we would meet in a conference room to discuss his findings and recommendations. I have been through treatments in other clinics where the only way to describe the cycle is "like a bunch of cows being herded through." This was absolutely not the case with Dr Boostanfar.
I did a round of IVF/ICSI with 5 day transfer of 3 embryos. I was on the Ganirelix protocol, which scared me because I had ovulated prior to retrieval during a cycle with a different RE. He was very sensitive to my concerns and explained why he thought this was still an appropriate choice and monitored me closely. I did successfully make it to retrieval under his care with 18 eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy (PA) was involved in a research study and took on a lot of my care. She was amazing. Very patient, which is unclear to me HOW she could have been so attentive as I was a very anxious patient! She was quick to respond to phone calls and emails. I called with so many questions that probably were silly to her, but she never made me feel uncomfortable asking. She was present during my retrieval as it was a difficult procedure and it was so nice having her familiar face. I cannot thank her enough, mostly for putting up with me.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and quaint. I never felt hurried and the wait time was never long. Clinic staff were extremely helpful and compassionate. The billing department worked well with the company who financed IVF for me. I actually received a fairly significant refund that was completely unexpected a couple of years later as the clinic had done an audit and realized they owed me money.
I don't remember costs, but they were significantly lower than the cost at clinics closer to my hometown.
We had 3 decent embryos and elected to transfer them all. He felt they would not be strong enough to store and it may have increased my success rate. I agreed. I did not get pregnant.

2019 - 2020
1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
He [Dr. Robert Boostanfar] is conservative and prefers not to transfer more than one embryo...He always treated me with dignity and respect, especially when he sensed I was sensitive about my weight. He made me feel completely comfortable and taken care of...was very optimistic, which encouraged us, especially having struggled along this journey for 5 years. He was confident. He was also very careful with my known blood clotting disorder and took every precaution necessary.
My egg retrieval was approximately $22,000 and medications were approximately $7000 [at HRC]. Nothing was covered by my personal medical insurance...The clinic is beautiful, clean and the staff are lovely. The only criticism I have is that the lab technicians open the public doors with gloves on, bring you in, and then draw blood with the same gloves, which are presumably contaminated...I feel like Alina was our private nurse. She responded to emails immediately, was very clear with instructions, always ordered our medications on time and we were never left wondering how to proceed.
2019 - 2020
1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr Boostanfar was very optimistic, which encouraged us, especially having struggled along this journey for 5 years. He was confident. He was also very careful with my known blood clotting disorder and took every precaution necessary.
Don't be afraid to ask ANY question.
I was on Menopur, Follistim, and lovenox injections during peak estrogen levels for my Factor V Leiden. I was also given Ganirelix and Pregnyl at certain points during the retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alina Garcia)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
I had my egg retrieval over the holidays and they found times and dates to fit me in around office closures.
My egg retrieval was approximately $22,000 and medications were approximately $7000. Nothing was covered by my personal medical insurance.
He is conservative and prefers not to transfer more than one embryo.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Boostanfar is extremely busy and rushes through his appointments. His bedside manner is gruff and curt. ... He was also brusque and did not make me feel comfortable. He was not particularly interested in having me as a patient. I believe it was because I am not a cookie cutter case and he did not want to take me on because I was too challenging. .. I was warned that he did not have a compassionate bedside manner but I did not expect it to be as direct and harsh as it was.
The office itself is quite attractive and modern. It is a large office and very clean. Upon making my appointment, the staff was very efficient, and my questions were answered quickly by the staff. However, I did not feel like the staff was warm and caring. ... the staff was efficient, not particularly kind or compassionate, But very businesslike. They did however respond to my phone calls quickly.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar has had excellent statistics and other people I know have had successful IVF with him. I was warned that he did not have a compassionate bedside manner but I did not expect it to be as direct and harsh as it was.
If you decide to see Dr. Boostenfar be prepared to be rushed, do not expect answers to questions, and do not expect a gentle demeanor.
I saw Dr. Boostanfar twice for consultations. He was very negative both times. He was also brusque and did not make me feel comfortable. He was not particularly interested in having me as a patient. I believe it was because I am not a cookie cutter case and he did not want to take me on because I was too challenging.
The staff was efficient, not particularly kind or compassionate, But very businesslike. They did however respond to my phone calls quickly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Since I did not proceed with my IVF using Dr. Boostanfar I only paid for initial genetics counseling which was quite expensive, and for office visits and ultrasounds. His costs seem to be on par with other in fertility doctors in the area.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. B [Robert Boostanfar] has the BEST bedside manner. He is friendly and kind, but also to the point. He will explain the risks in a calm and gentle way. He knows this is YOUR life and he wants to do the best for you in a way that works for you.... I was put on a short injectable IVF cycle: 8 days of Follistim, 7 days of Menopur, 3 days of Ganirelix, and an HCG trigger shot (Pregnyl). Even with my low AMH, 18 eggs were retrieved at Egg Retrieval. Unfortunately, only 4 embryos made it to day 5 blastocysts.
HRC is in a great location in Encino. It's easy to find parking across the street on Firmament. It's also great because the surgery center is attached! The waiting room is clean and comfortable. It always feels very peaceful. Things usually run on time too!... Tarika [the nurse] was great. She was available via the phone or email and always got back to me promptly. She knew how anxious I was (am) about the process and she always tried to set my mind at ease.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. B has the BEST bedside manner. He is friendly and kind, but also to the point. He will explain the risks in a calm and gentle way. He knows this is YOUR life and he wants to do the best for you in a way that works for you.
Trust him.
I was able to contact my nurse anytime, Dr. B always knew about our case and was friendly and encouraging. I felt confident the minute we met him.
I was put on a short injectable IVF cycle: 8 days of Follistim, 7 days of Menopur, 3 days of Ganirelix, and an HCG trigger shot (Pregnyl). Even with my low AMH, 18 eggs were retrieved at Egg Retrieval. Unfortunately, only 4 embryos made it to day 5 blastocysts. We transferred two and froze two and I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with a singleton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tarika)
Tarika was great. She was available via the phone or email and always got back to me promptly. She knew how anxious I was (am) about the process and she always tried to set my mind at ease.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
At this point, all in, with medication (injectables and other), we have just crossed the 20K mark. It's definitely an expensive process but it WORKS!
Dr. B recommends single transfers for people my age (26), but was totally fine with us asking for two.
Encino

He [Dr Boostanfar] also took the time to get to know my husband and ask what he did for work as my husband was on a very tight schedule. He moved the appt along to accommodate the fact that I wanted my husband in the room for the US....Be on top of your own care and do your research. Do not expect the nurses to lead you through details. Get on forums with other women doing IVF so you can ask them questions and figure out how best to work with your nurse. For me, it means sending multiple emails and being annoying. But whatever gets the job done right? This is my body and my life and I need to know what to expect.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Natalie has not done a good job staying ahead of my plan for treatment. I have had to pull teeth to get any information from her, deadlines may have been missed if I had not taken the lead on many things such as calling in prescriptions and getting authorization from my insurance. When the schedule changed due to the doctor being out of the country, I was not informed until I sent multiple emails demanding to know what the plan was.
The consultation was very informative. He also took the time to get to know my husband and ask what he did for work as my husband was on a very tight schedule. He moved the appt along to accommodate the fact that I wanted my husband in the room for the US.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It's a gorgeous facility! I guess if you're spending that kind of money, it's nice to feel like you're at a fancy hotel, not a cold hospital
I have good insurance, so this was not a problem
Encino

Organization of the office and patients is amazing, never waited more than 5 minutes for my appointment. All nurses & staff are extremely friendly and don't make you feel like a stranger...Both my Husband & I are so thankful we found Dr. Boostanfar. His approach of our fertility process and what he thinks will work and reasons why certain procedures haven't worked we greatly trust. He is compassionate and gives up hope for procedures in the future.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Understand you are not alone and that Dr. Boostanfar will do everything in his power to help you conceive, you just need to be patient and trusting.
The office in the staff was always very friendly, greeting me and my husband by name. Dr. Boostanfar was friendly and sweet in his meetings and discussions with us.
IUI#1= 50mg follistism CD5-12, trigger shot CD 13 + IUI CD14+Cd15 resulted in 3 follicles 17mm & (2)15mm resulted in negative pregnancy test. IUI#2 = 50mg follisitm CD 5-10, menopur but I don't remember the dosage. Trigger was much later this cycle, only produced one large folic @ 22mm, trigger shot CD18, IUI Cd19+Cd20. Resulted in negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Barajas)
Very sweet and always answered my questions. We didn't always schedule our appointments with her but she is our main nurse.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Each IUI we had, with insurance, cost around $1500-2000.

2016 - 2020
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Peck is very friendly, caring, and personable. She listens to your concerns and answers all questions. She uses her best judgement with regards to treatment and timing of transfers etc. She treats you like family!...a good listener and explains everything she is doing. She adjusts the schedule as necessary to guarantee the best outcome. She is very thorough with regards to medication and doesn't jump into any procedures without checking hormone levels or guarantees that machines are working properly.
They [nurses at HRC] were very friendly, kind, understanding and responded to my questions in a timely manner...For two procedures appx $65,000 which included two retrievals and two FET...The clinic is timely with your appointments, the staff is very friendly, clean, and respectful of your time. Parking isn't validated but there is street parking across the street, just pay attention to the days and times where parking is restricted
2016 - 2020
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Peck is kind, patient, a good listener and explains everything she is doing. She adjusts the schedule as necessary to guarantee the best outcome. She is very thorough with regards to medication and doesn't jump into any procedures without checking hormone levels or guarantees that machines are working properly.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself
Levothyroxine: hormone level regulation. Estradiol: estrogen level maintenance. Progesterone Injections: progesterone level maintenance. Progesterone suppositories. Baby aspirin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: 2)
They were very friendly, kind, understanding and responded to my questions in a timely manner
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
For two procedures appx $65,000 which included two retrievals and two FET.