6.9

1220 La Venta Drive
Westlake Village, CA 91361
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

My FET was scheduled for 9 in the morning, so I arrived at 7 AM and Dr. Potter didn't arrive at the clinic until 1PM. ... My original doctor was let go of 1 week prior to my FET. ... He gave my procedure an 80% chance of success and then in the actual procedure he said and i quote "this is so easy; i'm so bored" But then it didn't work. ... He is very cocky
I went to both the Newport and Fullerton clinics. I really liked the Fullerton clinic, but did not like the Newport clinic as much. ... When my cycle failed, I wanted a debrief appointment and they [HRC] said it would be 4 months, and then cancelled the day of the appointment when it finally rolled around. ... My original doctor was let go of 1 week prior to my FET. The clinic sent me an e-mail with the news and said they would find someone else to do the procedure
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
My FET was scheduled for 9 in the morning, so I arrived at 7 AM and Dr. Potter didn't arrive at the clinic until 1PM. Every bed in the office was filled and there was a huge crowd in the waiting room, standing room only. The nurses were nonplussed and said this is what always happens and kind of rolled their eyes and said Dr. Potter is always 5-6 hours late so just kind of expect that. It didn't feel like he really valued his patient's time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He is very cocky, which would be ok if he were able to follow through. He gave my procedure an 80% chance of success and then in the actual procedure he said and i quote "this is so easy; i'm so bored" But then it didn't work.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
When my FET occurred, I took a home pregnancy test everyday and I got a positive days 5-7 after the transfer, but then the line got weaker and I called the office for a blood test and they said i needed to wait 14 days for the blood test. it got lighter and lighter so I expected the blood test to be negative and it was. but I wanted to talk about what went wrong and they said the soonest debrief appointment was 4 months later. then the day of that appointment, they called and cancelled the appointment. it felt like they just didn't care about me, or dissecting what happened with my cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija)
I worked with Natalija and really liked her. She was well informed and very helpful. I also really liked the staff at the fullerton office. Brianna and Deisy were wonderful people and I really appreciated the care they showed, and the way they communicated. I really trusted the nursing and office staff.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I went to both the Newport and Fullerton clinics. I really liked the Fullerton clinic, but did not like the Newport clinic as much. At the newport clinic I would often wait for up to 4 hours for my scheduled appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
The IVF was about $22,000 (including PGS on 13 embryos) and the FET was $3,500. Medication was about $10,000 for IVF and FET combined.
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
After originally saying they would only do eSET, after 2 egg retrievals, I only ended up with 2 PGS normal embryos, so then they said, well you can actually do either 1 or 2 together and let me choose.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
My original doctor was let go of 1 week prior to my FET. The clinic sent me an e-mail with the news and said they would find someone else to do the procedure, but that I wouldn't be able to meet the new doctor ahead of time. When my cycle failed, I wanted a debrief appointment and they said it would be 4 months, and then cancelled the day of the appointment when it finally rolled around. So then I wanted to move to another clinic and I asked them to send my paperwork to another clinic, another HRC clinic, within their system. But they said they lost my paperwork and it took many angry phone calls from me before they finally found it and agreed to send a copy.
Newport Beach
Dr. Ghazal is wonderful with patients. She explains thoroughly the process, always discusses the risks as well as the success rates. She does not sugar coat things. If she feels something is not going to give the best result she shared that with her patients. She is the best doctor I've ever had....I used a microdose lupron protocol for my first IVF cycle. For me Idid ok with an end result of two embryos. I did not get to transfer because they did not pass pgs testing. The next month I did my first IUI with Dr. Ghazal but had a NP do the procedure.
HRC took forever to get information to you from the nurses. They did not seem very compassionate but overly busy. They gave you your information then moved on... The nursing staff did not provide the kindness and care a fertility clinic should give. This is a challenging emotional time and it's like we're a number to them. They give us direct info (schedule, calendar, results) and then move on.
How was your experience with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Be honest with her. Tell her your goals and fears so she can address them and discuss them with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Ghazal was incredible. She was direct in diagnosing but always showed care and compassion. I never felt like a number. I trust her judgement completely.
Describe the protocols Sanaz Ghazal used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I used a microdose lupron protocol for my first IVF cycle. For me Idid ok with an end result of two embryos. I did not get to transfer because they did not pass pgs testing. The next month I did my first IUI with Dr. Ghazal but had a NP do the procedure. It was an awful experience with the nurse and all I wanted was my doctor. Now I am at a new clinic where Dr. Ghazal has moved and am starting a new IUI.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility.
My insurance covered 80%of my treatment so it was very doable for us cost wise.
Describe Sanaz Ghazal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
She openly shares what she thinks is best which is eSET but allows the patient to decide ultimately. However she will never do something that could be unhealthy or dangerous to the patient.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Yes, my initial blood work I had to go in twice because they ran the same test twice and didn't order the right second test. Again, during my ivf cycle I was waiting to hear if we would transfer and I didn't find out my embryos tested abnormal till an hour before my scheduled procedure. After they had already given me the wrong day for a transfer. So I ended up going twice to be told we aren't transferring. This was bad communication from my nurse coordinator Natalija.
Sanaz Ghazal
Fullerton

Dr Nelson is a kind man, very positive and warm In his interactions. He decided to go with the same protocol as my previous doctor since that had worked for us. I don't know that he's fully up on what all the newest evidence is but I felt that he was doing everything he could for me...He was kind and compassionate and spoke to me in a reasonable way.
The office [HRC - Pasadena] was very busy so at times I did have to wait a long time in the doctors office...Very expensive. They charged 500 per sonogram and do a sonogram at the start of each cycle. There are lots of "extras" at hrc so so far 1 egg retrieval and 2 frozen transfers were around 20000...We had three embryos on day 5 and 6. The lab froze one by itself and 2 together in one vial. We were really disappointed in this because it meant we had to refreeeze one of the embryos since it had to be thawed with its partner.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Be aware you may have to wait for a long time for your appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
He was kind and compassionate and spoke to me in a reasonable way. The office was very busy so at times I did have to wait a long time in the doctors office
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Nelson used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Same protocol as my previous doctor. Bcps, gonal-f, menopur, cetrotide. I had a poorer response this time wth not as many eggs and so he upped the dosage a ton, which helped somewhat.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Justina wang )
Initially I was assigned a different nurse but immediately before retrieval she let me know she was transferring jobs to the neighboring surgical center. Justina is a fine nurse but has some communication issues. I'm not sure if it's a problem due to English not being her first language or simply a communication style but I find some of her email communications vague when I've asked for a very specific response.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is clean and well appointed. There are magazines and a coffee machine in the lobby. The front desk people are nice but don't always have a smile on their faces. The phlebotomist are good at their jobs. For men, delivering sperm samples is a little weird because they have to walk by people in the lobby once they've produced a sample
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
Describe Jeffrey Nelson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We wanted eSet. He seemed more inclined to push multiples, even asking one more time immediately before transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
We asked for eSet from the beginning. We had three embryos on day 5 and 6. The lab froze one by itself and 2 together in one vial. We were really disappointed in this because it meant we had to refreeeze one of the embryos since it had to be thawed with its partner.
Pasadena

Overstimmed resulting in poor quality embryos (Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) but were lucky enough to have a few that were PGS normal [during treatment with Dr. Boostanfar]. Negative frozen elective single transfer a few months after my retrieval...He does a lot of IVF cycles. Appointments were always very quick - he would answer questions if I asked but I always got the feeling I was bothering him with my questions since he was very busy and ready to go to his next patient. I don't feel that the treatment was explained to me very well and I had to spend a lot of time on forums/google to better understand what was going on.
It's a large clinic [HRC] and so it's to be expected that one is more like a number than a person... It's still expensive and the add-ons really add extra costs but I don't think it was very different than other clinics in the area...I loved my nurse and she was a strong factor for me considering staying with HRC/Dr. Boostanfar. I am ambivalent with the doctor but loved my nurse. She is very organized, knowledgeable, made sure to help me keep my medicine cost low, fast to respond and really tried to manage my nerves. When she was out I did deal with other staff members but my nurse was the best that I had to work with.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Be your own advocate or be okay to just go along with the standard program and not question it (I know some people don't want to know).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
It's a large clinic and so it's to be expected that one is more like a number than a person.
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Overstimmed resulting in poor quality embryos (Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) but were lucky enough to have a few that were PGS normal. Negative frozen elective single transfer a few months after my retrieval.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The facilities are very nice though parking can sometimes be hard to find. There was no / minimal wait times which I really appreciate. The surgery center is attached to the office so that is very convenient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
It's standard for what I've seen. It's still expensive and the add-ons really add extra costs but I don't think it was very different than other clinics in the area.
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
It was suggested to transfer two PGS normals and the mention of risks was very brief and lasted perhaps 5 seconds of are you okay with twins even though I've read a lot that two PGS normals for someone less than 35 but brief explanations were par on course for everything else so this was not surprising.
Encino

Dr. Frederick has a set protocol for all her patients. The treatment plan was not customized. In spite of my diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality, she put me on birth control pill for 31 days before the injectables in order to accommodate her busy schedule with all her patients. My eggs were retrieved before they were matured and they all could not survive 3 days after retrieval. After the treatment, Dr. Frederick told me to consider donor eggs because she " could not make miracle happen."
Clinic [HRC] is a chaos. Too many patients are waited to be seen. There are tons of patient but not enough seats. Some patients have to sit on the floor and some of them has to wait outside of the clinic. It is a disaster....Dr. Frederick has many patients so the care coordinator is also very busy. I could not understand why it took her 7 days to notify me my day 3 blood test results after I had started my ivf cycle with my injectables. It is totally not acceptable....
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
A few hours after the very first consultation with Dr. Frederick, we were given the calendar of dates for the injectable, the dosage and also the egg retrieval date without her doing any physical exam or ultrasound on me. Because of her reported high success rate, I chose to trust her even though I felt I was being treated like a number.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Try harder.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jane Frederick used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with Gonal F 450 unit and Menopur 75 unit together from the beginning till the end. No dosage adjustment at all throughout the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla Davalos)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Clinic is a chaos. Too many patients are waited to be seen. There are tons of patient but not enough seats. Some patients have to sit on the floor and some of them has to wait outside of the clinic. It is a disaster.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
I lived 1.5 hours away from HRC orange county, so I did my monitoring ultrasounds at HRC oceanside branch. What bothered me was that, the ultrasound technician refused to told me what she saw in the ultrasound. She said the doctor would explain to me, but the doctor never did. I went in for couple of ultrasounds for my ivf cycle and I had no clue of how my body responded to the injectables. I was kept away from the information of how the cycle went.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility.
I signed up for 2 cycle banking of embryos, which is $23K. After 1st cycle failed, we decided to find another doctor and we got the refund from HRC for $11K. So this failed cycle cost us $12K with only egg retrieval, no PGS done, no transfer, and injectables not included.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
At the first, I asked the coordinator for injectable prescriptions so I could get injectables overseas. Latter I told her that I would not be able to get injectables and I would need her to call in the local pharmacy. She said she would call in when the cycle was about to start. 4 days before I was told to start the injectables, I reminded her to call in the pharmacy to order meds for me, she was upset and said I told her I would get meds overseas. I attached the email that I wrote to her that I could not get meds overseas and she promised me to call in local pharmacy for me. Then she realized she made a mistake and she called in the pharmacy. I almost ended up with no injectables and unable to start my cycle after taking 31 days of birth control pill.
Newport Beach

Did one retrieval with her [Dr. Frederick], transferred zero embryos. We tried for a second round and she cancelled the round before retrieval because I didn't have any follicles. She and I were in an examination room alone when she told me this. After she said we were cancelling the round, she said at the end, "I will see you in the front," as if there were more things to talk about in the front. I finished up and waited in the front. After waiting 5 mins while she talked with other patients, I went up to her and asked her if she needed anything else from me. She said, "Who are you?"
Although my appointment was at a specific time, the order in which I would be seen was dependent on what time I signed in. For the same exact appointment time, I have waited 5 mins and other times I waited an hour. The wait for Frederick wasn't as bad as Potter. I was very disappointed with the lab team [HRC Newport] as there was one person who draw my blood and leave me black and blue for days. The front office team was well coordinated.
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
She was worse than Potter on remembering patients and the only reason I went with her is because our insurance at the time covered ART and HRC was on the list of approved providers. I didnt want to deal with waiting with Potter, so I thought we could manage with Frederick. She was a good salesperson as she makes you feel like she is competent but when it comes to the outcome, not so much. For example, when I had my two failed rounds and I suggested egg donor, she wrote back in an email, "We have excellent donors." She was lying, as HRC is not affiliated with any donor agencies and their donor coordinator was horrible at searching for donors. I stopped responding at that point because our benefits ran out at that time.
Be prepared to be in your hospital gown, on your hospital bed, with two other patients with you at the surgery center and she tells each one of you the same thing... Definitely felt like a number then, too.
Did one retrieval with her, transferred zero embryos. We tried for a second round and she cancelled the round before retrieval because I didn't have any follicles. She and I were in an examination room alone when she told me this. After she said we were cancelling the round, she said at the end, "I will see you in the front," as if there were more things to talk about in the front. I finished up and waited in the front. After waiting 5 mins while she talked with other patients, I went up to her and asked her if she needed anything else from me. She said, "Who are you?"
First round called for Follistim, second round called for Menopur. I don't have many eggs to choose from so I don't think she had much choice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla)
I do my best to be accountable in my actions and responsive in my communication. I believe the high price of IVF services demands high quality customer care and I believe the protocols of HRC helped Priscilla do her job well but over time I ended up having to prompt her for every step which was frustrating.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The wait for Frederick wasn't as bad as Potter. I was very disappointed with the lab team as there was one person who draw my blood and leave me black and blue for days. The front office team was well coordinated.
I don't remember, sorry.
Describe Jane Frederick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We didn't get this far.
Newport Beach

[Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] was very personable and kind during treatment, but his nursing staff were chaotic, disorganized, prone to mistakes and unapologetic. At one point he gave me his personal cell number, but even then there were miscommunications and missed messages...is a very nice man who has a ton of experience...My issue is that his staff are a mess and if he hasn't seen fit to fix that, that is a severe flaw on his part. When there was a huge mistake made with my protocol, he did not take any time to explain potential effects to ease my mind. I was just left hanging, completely scared and seemingly alone.
It was around $13k for the retrieval process [at HRC]. Even if you had insurance, you had to put that amount down prior to the cycle. You would be reimbursed for anything that ended up being covered by insurance...This is a busy clinic. It is a nice looking office and very clean and comfortable...It has free parking...Justina and Chloe [nurses] both made a number errors over the course of 5 months. Justina's error caused my cycle to be cancelled because I was given instruction to take my trigger shot several days too early. She refused to apologize and argued with me that it wasn't her fault, despite the fact that I had it in writing from her. Chloe sent me another patient's surgery instructions.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Dr Nelson is a very nice man who has a ton of experience. He was recommended highly by two other medical professionals. My issue is that his staff are a mess and if he hasn't seen fit to fix that, that is a severe flaw on his part. When there was a huge mistake made with my protocol, he did not take any time to explain potential effects to ease my mind. I was just left hanging, completely scared and seemingly alone.
Triple check all instructions given. Be very proactive and over communicate. You are your only advocate.
Dr Nelson was very personable and kind during treatment, but his nursing staff were chaotic, disorganized, prone to mistakes and unapologetic. At one point he gave me his personal cell number, but even then there were miscommunications and missed messages.
My list of medications for the first cycle: Gonal-F Menopur Cetrotide Progesterone Lozenges MethylPrednisolone Chorionic Gonadotropin Estradiol Doxycycline Aspirin
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Justina)
Justina and Chloe both made a number errors over the course of 5 months. Justina's error caused my cycle to be cancelled because I was given instruction to take my trigger shot several days too early. She refused to apologize and argued with me that it wasn't her fault, despite the fact that I had it in writing from her. Chloe sent me another patient's surgery instructions.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This is a busy clinic. It is a nice looking office and very clean and comfortable (at least for the women). It has free parking, which is a huge plus. It's in Pasadena, which is super convenient to folks on the eastside. Cons: It sometimes felt like I was in another country. Patients bring several family members with them and they camp out with big bags of food and drinks and talking loudly on their phones. There were times when there was nowhere to sit, it was so crowded. Lots of people ignore the signage asking them not to bring children into the clinic. Somehow, during the intake process, I was profiled and given the Chinese-speaking nurses and staff. I only saw this later when I requested all my files. The room where the men leave their specimens is run down, poorly appointed and not very clean (it seems this is the norm for most clinics, unfortunately). My fiancé reported being treated poorly and having to overhear one of the nurses talking about her tuna salad sandwich just outside the door. A bit challenging to get in the right frame of mind while having to listen to people talk about their lunch. Their finance office is a nightmare. It took weeks to get a refund for the balance of services not used once I decided to change clinics. I felt like they played hot potato with me, then acted like it was my fault for not being able to intuit who I needed to reach out to. Their expectation that I should be an expert in the inner workings of their clinic was mind blowing.
It was around $13k for the retrieval process. Even if you had insurance, you had to put that amount down prior to the cycle. You would be reimbursed for anything that ended up being covered by insurance. Medication was separate. They recommended Freedom Pharmacy, but did not give any tips or suggestions on the best way to maximize your insurance benefit. My meds were $7k through insurance, which ate up most of my benefit. If I had paid cash, it would have cost less and left me more insurance benefit for clinic costs.
He did not discuss preferences with me
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
The list is so long... Wrong instructions given Given wrong appointment date Missed emails Long response times to emails Long wait times for appointments Was sent another patient's information Was given Chinese-speaking staff (I don't speak Chinese) Cycle cancelled due to nurse error Delay in replacement of medication due to nurse's error Medical records were not provided in a prompt manner, despite repeated promises Clinic took weeks to refund my unused balance

2016, Consult
There was no strategy for my case, besides going home and relax when trying to convince and don’t stress. ... I was 24 years old when I met doctor Norman, during consult he told me I was young and I was putting too much pressure on myself. ... After he quickly diagnosed me with unexplained infertility I was disappointed and explained to him I know my body and I know I need help.
I was not a priority until I paid for my consult. I didn’t feel like the nursing staff showed compassion unless I spent money there. Prior to my consult I was talked to with short answers very little effort and I felt rushed. ... When I visited this office the nurses were on or off with their customer service, when I would call to get information they weren’t interested in giving me too much info unless I had already paid for a consult. ...I was given paperwork on In Vitro, from what I remember the cost was $20,000 + ...
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
I was 24 years old when I met doctor Norman, during consult he told me I was young and I was putting too much pressure on myself. He recommended we do a ultrasound to check my follicle count. After he quickly diagnosed me with unexplained infertility I was disappointed and explained to him I know my body and I know I need help. He pretty much sent me on my way with brochures and paperwork on what I could try at home or pay the full price for In Vitro. I left the office feeling hopeless and even more confused. I doubted myself thinking perhaps I was putting a lot of pressure on myself. As a one income household, the $20,000 surgery was not in the cards for us. I am now 29 years old and still no baby and still having issues with my infertility. I would not come back to this office after my experience there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Age doesn’t matter to anyone wanting a family. Don’t discourage women based on their age. Please be more compassionate and help families looking for help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
When I visited this office the nurses were on or off with their customer service, when I would call to get information they weren’t interested in giving me too much info unless I had already paid for a consult. When I finally gave in and made a consult appointment the doctor dismissed my worries and did not take me serious because of my age at the time I was 24 years old. I am now 29 years old still having issues with my fertility and no baby. I wish he would have taken me more serious.
Describe the protocols John Norian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Each patient is different, unexplained infertility is hard. I don’t know what’s wrong with me and I don’t know how to fix it. It’s frustrating and to be told I was young and I have plenty of time to conceive. My husband and I desperately want a child, and I would not come back to this office to try and achieve our goal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Norian at HRC Fertility.
I was given paperwork on In Vitro, from what I remember the cost was $20,000 +

2015, Unsuccessful
The only thing I will fault him [Dr Jeffrey Nelson] for is that my initial ultrasound showed very low potential for egg retrieval. That month was a bit low, maybe because of stress or sickness. Since this is my first time, I didn't know any better and trusted the doctor when he said this was not the best indicator. FALSE!!! It can happen that results are better than expected but I suspect that percentage is exceedingly low. Had I known, I would have put off the egg retrieval to a following cycle where I would have better results.
Well, even if I had a positive outcome, I would not go back [to HRC Pasadena]...Facilities are ok, location is convenient. Perhaps if you have particular issues, one of the doctors may be able to specifically help. Also, Dr Nelson seemed much nicer than my other doctors. However this is outweighed by their unprofessionalism (giving me over optimistic treatment), and general incompetence (mischeduling appointments, not providing timely information). Some may say this is because I had a negative outcome. Well, even if I had a positive outcome, I would not go back.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
A bit scatter brained it seemed? During our second appointment, he forgot who I was even though we'd had an hour long initial consultation one month ago. At the very least, please review the chart. However, did come across as a nice guy. The only thing I will fault him for is that my initial ultrasound showed very low potential for egg retrieval. That month was a bit low, maybe because of stress or sickness. Since this is my first time, I didn't know any better and trusted the doctor when he said this was not the best indicator. FALSE!!! It can happen that results are better than expected but I suspect that percentage is exceedingly low. Had I known, I would have put off the egg retrieval to a following cycle where I would have better results. I blame the doctor for suggesting we proceed when initial results showed poor probability, implying that they wanted business more than they cared about me
Very nice guy, very caring in person
The pill initially then menopur and follistim. Follow on doctors were surprised by my dosage implying he knew I was low and was trying to stimulate aggressively. Otherwise, a quite typical 10 day stimulation, 12 day retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Germaine Underbrink)
Originally, I would say horrible. Now I realise they are horrible to average. As a highly educated person paying a lot of money for treatment, I expected a more professional and organised staff. Instead, I had to consistently be on top of my own treatment, remind the staff of certain issues they were not aware of or forgot, and in general, they made a stressful process that much worse. I've since come to realise that this is true of most clinics but Dr Nelson's team was particularly bad. In their defence, they had personal issues of which I was made aware later but if that is the situation, please take time off or allow another person to provide primary care. In particular, I was frustrated that when Germaine was away, I was unable to receive information about my treatment. What is the point of going to a clinic with several doctors if the nursing staff can't handle jobs for each other??
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Egg retrieval was approximately 6000 and drug protocol was approximately another 6000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
1) appointment was mischeduled 2) DNA test was not as comprehensive as could be (even though same price) 3) first round of drug prescriptions was incomplete 4) never called or contacted when they said they would 5) I hate their "out of office" response which occurs even when the office is closed until next business day... Therefore when they truly are away, it's hard to tell 6) Misleading optimistic information on outcome

2015, Unsuccessful
Coffler was not even willing to review my notes from Yale REI - where I had had a successful cycle that resulted in my only live birth. He felt that “no one does antagonist protocol anymore” and he would never recommend one. Instead he did what he does for all patients - put me on long Lupron.... He is the type of doctor you don’t want. You are a number, he strolls in at 10 AM and doesn’t even remember your case. He may have a doctorate in medicine, but he speaks to you like you are a complete buffoon. My husband and I both have masters degrees.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
I guess I sort of did this is the wrong section but he is a typical big headed doctor. He doesn’t explain treatment well and just does what he wants. It is not a team discussion. He is often running late as he drives up to HRC Orange County for retrievals and usually doesn’t stroll in until 10. He relies completely on his IVF coordinator and doesn’t review patients charts regularly. He didn’t review mine for 26 days. It was negligent. I would not recommend him to anyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Find another clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Coffler was not even willing to review my notes from Yale REI - where I had had a successful cycle that resulted in my only live birth. He felt that “no one does antagonist protocol anymore” and he would never recommend one. Instead he did what he does for all patients - put me on long Lupron. I ovulated through the birth control from the start of my down regulation. He relies completely on his “IVF Coordinator” Noelle who is an incompetent phlebotomist. She reviews labs and apparently he either doesn’t have time or energy to review things on his own. After ovulating on my own (and not knowing it because the doctor never reviewed my labs and they never called with results), I started Lupron. I did 26 injections before they told me they realized their mistake and I could either do a retrieval and freeze what they could get (which would not include my dominant follicle and would be less eggs than if I hadn’t ovulated), or cancel. We chose to cancel. No apologies or discussions. He is the type of doctor you don’t want. You are a number, he strolls in at 10 AM and doesn’t even remember your case. He may have a doctorate in medicine, but he speaks to you like you are a complete buffoon. My husband and I both have masters degrees. I didn’t appreciate being kept in the dark or talked down to. His nurse Noelle is an absolute train wreck. Forgot to order my meds and I was forced to drive about an hour away to pick up meds same day to start my cycle. For the amount of time, money and emotion going into this - I expect it to be well run. Mistakes happen. However not reviewing a patient’s chart in 26 days is medically negligible.
Describe the protocols Mickey Coffler used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
He chose the Long Lupron protocol because he felt no one even does antagonist anymore. He had never heard of anyone ever using it. The one cycle I had done prior - at Yale REI resulted in my son. So for me, antagonist worked. He was not even willing to consider it and single handedly decided we would be doing long Lupron to keep my follicles growing at a steady rate. He didn’t review my labs or ultrasounds and 26 days into treatment finally called me (himself) on the phone to say we must cancel or do the retrieval and freeze for later. We chose to cancel as we didn’t have anything to freeze during my son’s round. He never offered any compensation for the thousands we spend on HIS error.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danette “Noelle” Workman)
Noelle was absolutely the worst IVF nurse or coordinator I have ever (in 8 cycle) ever worked with. She was completely disorganized, didn’t order my meds (and another patients who I ended up befriending as I overheard her similar shared struggle), was the only one to review charts and labs (last I checked she wasn’t a doctor) and would talk about putting me on this or choosing this as if she had ultimate medical decision making (which to me was scary). At HRC Oceanside they had a high turnover of phlebotomists and other nurses and I can only imagine it is due to the overall disorganized mess that is that office. The office itself is in an older building in a sort of not great area. For the amount of money they bring in I can’t imagine they can’t find another medical building with space for rent.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC is a money making machine. I went there for 4 cycles total. They have their own way of doing things and will pressure you into things. They have a high and mighty “I’m the doctor and you’re not” attitude. You will have to have ICSI. They make no exceptions. For us I feel that this was a detriment. Our sperm quality was great. We were really forced into this and we were very clear we didn’t want to. They have one of the highest success rates but are very much a business. I have been to two university clinics and those in my opinion have been the best experiences. There isn’t a pushy attitude and a doctor who truly respects you and isn’t threatened when you question things is the best to have on your side in my opinion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility.
I believe the SD option was about $6K for the IVF cycle, of course that does not include medication.
Describe Mickey Coffler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Not applicable.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
The IVF coordinator never sent the doctors orders to radioloy to get my HSG scheduled. I had to call and email multiple times to get her to fax the order so I could schedule. These can only be scheduled in a very tight window so it was very very frustrating. She also never ordered my meds and I had to drive same day to another city to go pick up meds in person to start that night (they apparently don’t even keep a single dose in reserves at their clinic in case this happens). She also never sent my chart to HRC Orange County when I switched doctors. She scheduled me for a saline ultrasound to check the structure of my uterus and told me it was just a normal ultrasound. Imagine my surprise when I showed up on time (they told me I was late as I needed to check in for a procedure) and I didn’t bring any ibuprofen (wish I would have - ouch). She honestly just seemed very over worked and stretched too thin. Maybe it is her personality or maybe she doesn’t have the support and resources she needed. Either way, my whole cycle and experience was much poorer for it.

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Rishona [a nurse at HRC-West LA} was fine. She's smart. I found nurses at other places to be much more sweet & compassionate...but Rishona did her job fine.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He is a kind & compassionate man. But that's all the positives i have to share. He fumbled my case entirely. I only wish i had realized it while it was happening. On my first IVF, we were transferring 3 embryos. I was 39. He never: 1) told me about PGS or PGD testing. I wouldve done this in a heartbeat. He almost acted "against it". He was not aggressive at all. On my 2nd IVF w/him, it was ME who insisted on PGD testing - lo & behold, all my embs came back complex abnormal. He absolutely shouldve suggested this for my 1st IVF considering my age. He wouldve saved me crucial time (and money). Everything for me is out-of-pocket expense :( 2) i have thyroid disease. Before we transferred that 1st batch of 3 embryos, i asked him to re-check my thyroid. Both he & the nurse said it wasn't necessary as they had checked it 1.5 months earlier. I INSISTED & explained that my thyroid could go erratic at any moment. So they did a blood test & a week before my embryo transfer he called me and said "wow - you were right. Your thyroid is off. I'm calling in a new prescription for you right away! Start taking it today!" I did so & all 3 of those embs failed. Since then, two other doctors have read my chart. They both said, "he should've never transferred those embryos. Thyroid meds take a couple of months to have effect. He should've held off on transferring those embryos to make sure your thyroid levels were healthy first." Both doctors also said "and those were healthy looking embryos too." It makes me SO mad i could cry. 3) he never did genetic testing on me or my husband. I have since learned that this is the FIRST thing competent fertility doctors do. He never even mentioned it to me. 4) he never talked about supplements or vitamins either (Coq10 or DHEA). When i went to my 2nd doctor, she put me right on these vitamins. And guess what? Within 1.5 months, I was NATURALLY pregnant for the 1st time in my life. I miscarried (the baby had downs syndrome :(...but bottom line, that baby was still chromosomally healthier than anything Tourgemann was able to get me with his "high dosage recipe". I almost want to cry re-hashing all of this!!! He was incompetent & a colossal waste of key years for me in regards to my fertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Don't go. Much better doctors out there. Find one who customizes your medicine protocol to YOU specifically. Also, when my first transfer of 3 embs failed, he didn't even change my meds to try something new. He went back to his lazy, usual "recipe". Disaster. The two other doctors pointed this out to me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He was the 1st fertility doctor i went to; this was all new to me. All my friends were referred to him too so i felt like i was in the right place. All of my embryos w/him came back complex abnormal. He told me i should use donor eggs or adopt. Then i went to a new doctor. She looked at my chart and was surprised at the high dosage of meds he gave me. She said "i'm gonna give you much less meds. And while i can't guarantee you a perfect embryo, i CAN guarantee you the embryos i get for you will look much better than these do." On my 1st round w/her, she got us a chromosomally normal embryo! And to think Tourgemann told me to adopt...i then canvassed my friends who had also gone to him & they all were given high dosages. He has success at times for patients, but in my opinion he just plugs women with similar high dosages & hopes for the best. He doesnt thoroughly look at your chart & customize things for YOU. Its as if he has 1 "recipe". & if his recipe doesn't work for you, then he'll tell you to adopt. I wish i hadn't wasted 1.5 years on him. I was 39/40 back then...i would do anything to get those years back :(
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
See previous responses. Too angry to discuss any further...
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rishona)
Rishona was fine. She's smart. I found nurses at other places to be much more sweet & compassionate...but Rishona did her job fine.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Already explained earlier. Lots of weaknesses!
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.
I probably spent about 12k on two ivfs (24k) & maybe 5k on each IUI ( hard to remember). I spent about 30-35k cash on this wasted cause.
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Explained earlier...
West Los Angeles

He [Dr. Kolb] was never available to answer any questions, and he failed to be available to meet our surrogate before IUI...never treated us like we would understand the treatments or procedures, and never answered our questions, even when clearly stated over email. We received clearance for an egg donor who Dr. Kolb claimed passed genetic screening, and we spent thousands of dollars preparing her for a cycle, only for the office to realize that she was a genetic carrier for a terrible disease and they would not harvest eggs from her. There wer
Our experience at this clinic [HRC Fertility] was nothing short of a nightmare. Dr. Kolb never treated us like we would understand the treatments or procedures, and never answered our questions, even when clearly stated over email. We received clearance for an egg donor who Dr. Kolb claimed passed genetic screening, and we spent thousands of dollars preparing her for a cycle, only for the office to realize that she was a genetic carrier for a terrible disease and they would not harvest eggs from her. There were many oversights in this office and a complete lack of patient care and communication. I truly worry about the procedures and protocols in this office.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Our experience at this clinic was nothing short of a nightmare. Dr. Kolb never treated us like we would understand the treatments or procedures, and never answered our questions, even when clearly stated over email. We received clearance for an egg donor who Dr. Kolb claimed passed genetic screening, and we spent thousands of dollars preparing her for a cycle, only for the office to realize that she was a genetic carrier for a terrible disease and they would not harvest eggs from her. There were many oversights in this office and a complete lack of patient care and communication. I truly worry about the procedures and protocols in this office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Read all of the reviews. Really consider if you want to see this doctor. Look at alternatives.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Kolb is not respectful of his patients and does not treat them with kindness or compassion. He was never available to answer any questions, and he failed to be available to meet our surrogate before IUI. His staff said he was not available as he was at “lunch with his wife”, when in fact, I witnessed a drug rep taking him out of the office for a meeting.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic has no strengths. The weaknesses are very prevalent. They are not good with communication, billing, or the actual procedures. To any new patient, I would say really research clinics and read as many reviews as possible. If you get a weird feeling meeting with a doctor, trust your gut.
Bradford Kolb
Pasadena

Dr. Boostanfar is extremely busy and rushes through his appointments. His bedside manner is gruff and curt. ... He was also brusque and did not make me feel comfortable. He was not particularly interested in having me as a patient. I believe it was because I am not a cookie cutter case and he did not want to take me on because I was too challenging. .. I was warned that he did not have a compassionate bedside manner but I did not expect it to be as direct and harsh as it was.
The office itself is quite attractive and modern. It is a large office and very clean. Upon making my appointment, the staff was very efficient, and my questions were answered quickly by the staff. However, I did not feel like the staff was warm and caring. ... the staff was efficient, not particularly kind or compassionate, But very businesslike. They did however respond to my phone calls quickly.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar has had excellent statistics and other people I know have had successful IVF with him. I was warned that he did not have a compassionate bedside manner but I did not expect it to be as direct and harsh as it was.
If you decide to see Dr. Boostenfar be prepared to be rushed, do not expect answers to questions, and do not expect a gentle demeanor.
I saw Dr. Boostanfar twice for consultations. He was very negative both times. He was also brusque and did not make me feel comfortable. He was not particularly interested in having me as a patient. I believe it was because I am not a cookie cutter case and he did not want to take me on because I was too challenging.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
The staff was efficient, not particularly kind or compassionate, But very businesslike. They did however respond to my phone calls quickly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Since I did not proceed with my IVF using Dr. Boostanfar I only paid for initial genetics counseling which was quite expensive, and for office visits and ultrasounds. His costs seem to be on par with other in fertility doctors in the area.
Encino
Dr. Norian was very knowledgeable. He advised my HSG XRay which turned out to be all clear. He also did an ultrasound and everything looked good there which was a relief. I felt better about me knowing I was oooking good in all the right places to get pregnant and start a heAlthy family with my husband.... I also appreciated Dr. Norian’s knowledge and PowerPoints.... He did the ultrasound. I got the order to get the HSG. My husband needed to get tested.
The nurse [HRC - Rancho Cucamonga] was SO hard to understand. I asked to speak to Dr. Nirain but she said he was too busy. I did not understand what she was telling about my HSG which was frustrating.... Strengths include cleanliness and not making you wait hours after your appt.... Weaknesses include lack in communication. It also seemed like they were automatically asking for money for treatments when I was just wanting a plan of attack.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Try to only talk to Dr. Norian.
It seemed like it was all about money and it was very hard to understand his nurse when getting my HSG XRay results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
The nurse was SO hard to understand. I asked to speak to Dr. Nirain but she said he was too busy. I did not understand what she was telling about my HSG which was frustrating.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strengths include cleanliness and not making you wait hours after your appt. I also appreciated Dr. Norian’s knowledge and PowerPoints. Weaknesses include lack in communication. It also seemed like they were automatically asking for money for treatments when I was just wanting a plan of attack. I know costs are involved but when my intentions were for information and different paths, the feeling of having to drop money then and there was overwhelming.
I don’t know off the top of my head but it was presented in a very overwhelming way.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
No one called me with my result of my HSG. I had to call 3 times after the allotted time to wait for results. And the. I didn’t even understand the nurse and she wouldn’t let me talk to dr. Norian.
Rancho Cucamonga
We loved Dr Norian. He was very thorough, explained things well, clearly very intelligent and very kind. We had a few issues with him responding to us timely when we were waiting for information, and we spoke to him about it and apologized profusely. We believe he’s very busy and that can sometimes affect communication. It wasn’t an issue after we spoke to each other.
The [HRC Fertility] clinic is clean and nice, but wait times can be excessively long. Apparently they do a lot of monitoring for other HRC offices at this branch. A strength is Dr Norian, a weakness would be the nurse not respecting him as much as I felt she should...Deanne was a wonderful nurse for our first IVF cycle. She was warm and friendly and was able to run the practice if Dr Norian wasn’t there
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
You’ll be going to a very busy practice with a busy RE.
Dr Norian was kind and cared about our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Deanne )
Deanne was a wonderful nurse for our first IVF cycle. She was warm and friendly and was able to run the practice if Dr Norian wasn’t there (he was traveling to China during my cycle). I did get the feeling she felt she knew as much as Dr Norian however.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is clean and nice, but wait times can be excessively long. Apparently they do a lot of monitoring for other HRC offices at this branch. A strength is Dr Norian, a weakness would be the nurse not respecting him as much as I felt she should.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
We had 5 (immature) eggs retrieved, and were told we had total fertilization failure when we got our retrieval report (on a Saturday), which left us in the dark and scared after our first retrieval. We didn’t know that they were immature at this point. We didn’t get a call or email from Dr Norian or staff explaining what happened. We finally heard from him the following Monday or Tuesday after calling the office.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Coffler was kind and caring... Dr. Coffler was warm but not thorough. He failed to diagnose me with endometriosis, which I later discovered via surgery with another doctor. There were so many patients that I’m not surprised by this. He was optimistic for us when I felt like maybe it was unwarranted.... I believe he preferred frozen cycles. I think I was close to overstimming, so he administered Lupron to release the eggs.
There are too many patients here [HRC - Oceanside]; however, the prices are good. It’s important to advocate strongly for yourself. Ensure you get all of the lab tests, ask about endometriosis, PCs, etc....Dr. Coffler was very kind, and I believe he was competent, but there were too many patients to give adequate time to each one’s concerns.... We received a military discount; I believe the cost of the egg retrieval and embryo formation along with drugs ran around $9000.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Ask questions; do plenty of homework.
Dr. Coffler was kind and caring; his nurse at the time was a bit stressed out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Noelle )
Noelle was scattered and easily flustered.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
There are too many patients here; however, the prices are good. It’s important to advocate strongly for yourself. Ensure you get all of the lab tests, ask about endometriosis, PCs, etc. I felt discouraged going through treatment here because I had a natural chemical pregnancy prior to starting IVF, so the doctor was very optimistic about my ability to conceive. When I had three transfers that were unsuccessful, I was puzzled about why it didn’t work. I left that clinic with more questions than when I came in. Again, Dr. Coffler was very kind, and I believe he was competent, but there were too many patients to give adequate time to each one’s concerns.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
Monitoring appointments took place in the morning.
No strong preference as I recall.
Oceanside

Ketefian has a warm and pleasant demeanor. She made this complicated and scary time in my life seem bearable. She was honest from the beginning and willing to put up the fight with us to conceive. I can tell she is passionate about what she does...She took the time to call me from her cell phone to give me some important news....I have cysts on my one and only ovary and she made sure to contact the oncologist to ok the treatment of IUI.
[HRC] Wait times are reasonable. Easy to get a hold of when you need to speak to someone on the phone. If you leave a message hey call you back in a reasonable time. Clean facility. . Many appointment slots. Easy to be seen...[Nursing Staff] Always smiling, sweet and kind...$143 every visit $8 clomid $90 trigger shot $190 insemination...[Dr. ] Ketefian has a warm and pleasant demeanor. She made this complicated and scary time in my life seem bearable.
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
Ketefian has a warm and pleasant demeanor. She made this complicated and scary time in my life seem bearable. She was honest from the beginning and willing to put up the fight with us to conceive. I can tell she is passionate about what she does and how she helps so many people become parents.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
I would say to be prepared with any questions because she will answer them. You can ask her to repeat if necessary. She wants you to understand everything as clear as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
She took the time to call me from her cell phone to give me some important news. This meant the world to me.
Describe the protocols Aline Ketefian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I have cysts on my one and only ovary and she made sure to contact the oncologist to ok the treatment of IUI. We see cloud and the shot to release the eggs both times. She said if it didn’t work we would up the medication of Clomid and shots. Now I am on this new cycle but haven’t yet started medication.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
Always smiling, sweet and kind.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility.
$143 every visit $8 clomid $90 trigger shot $190 insemination
Aline Ketefian
Rancho Cucamonga

[Dr. John Wilcox] Spent maybe 30 seconds assessing our case and deciding what to adjust, just kept pumping my wife with more and more meds and the results got worse and worse so he blamed us and tried to get us to use donor eggs (he is part owner of the egg donor agency)- we moved to another doctor afterward and got many blastocysts with our own eggs...Basically had us do every thing on the checklist, icsi (which was completely unnecessary), assisted hatching, genetic testing, etc. used massive amounts of follistim and kept increasing dosage resulting in OHSS
~20k per cycle [at HRC Pasadena]...They have wayyy too many patients. Their surgery staff was consistently rude. We once waited for over two hours to be seen for a scheduled appointment with no apologies on their end. The nurses don’t communicate well with each other or the doctor...Regularly received conflicting info from different nurses (one told us we were not candidates for IUI, then another called us to schedule an IUI- when we asked to talk directly to the doctor to confirm we were ghosted)
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Go somewhere else
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Was very cold in person and difficult to get ahold of for information. When things didn’t go exactly according to plan he left us hanging in the wind.
Describe the protocols John Wilcox used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Wilcox at HRC Fertility.
~20k per cycle
John Wilcox
Pasadena

I did 3 IUIs, two with CLomid and one with injectables [with Dr. Tourgeman]. I feel like they always missed the timing of the trigger shot and the timing of the IUI. It was always so stressful...Dr. T was only available for some of my appointments. Generally I was seen by a nurse or his PA (who I didn't really like or trust). I had surgery with him and got really ill afterwards. He didn't seem concerned so I left his practice and went to another clinic.
$2000 IUI with Clomid and $3000-$3500 IUI with injectables [at HRC]...Receptionists were nice. Always long wait times, no one was every on time. Very stressful protocols and procedures. Dr. T wasn't available for important questions and they never seemed to get back to me in a timely manner...She [nurse] always seemed distracted and not paying attention...They were unorganized and not very helpful when you needed your test results or when you needed to speak with the doctor directly.
Go see someone else
I did 3 IUIs, two with CLomid and one with injectables. I feel like they always missed the timing of the trigger shot and the timing of the IUI. It was always so stressful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vera Olaiz)
She always seemed distracted and not paying attention. Also, I saw her give free medication to other patients, but when I asked for assistance of medication she said they don't give any away.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
$2000 IUI with Clomid and $3000-$3500 IUI with injectables.
West Los Angeles

He [Dr. Potter] is really smart but it was just tough to see decifer if he was selling us or if he was telling us the truth about our situation. Again, the wait times were enormous which made us feel like just another patient.... He put us on clomid, which resulted in a singleton birth. We found out later how we won the lottery with our healthy baby due to genetic issues.... He was a bit all over the place when I saw him and it was tough to know when he was being truthful of my situation or just trying to sell me more treatments.
The wait times were ridiculous with Potter and it was sad that they [HRC Newport] kept on finding excuses for him. I wish they would have been more honest about the wait times. There was one girl who was really poor at drawing blood; everytime I would get my blood drawn by her I would have some of the worst black and blue marks for days.... Stephanie [nurse] was responsive and very helpful.... The wait times were longer than any other doctor
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He is really smart but it was just tough to see decifer if he was selling us or if he was telling us the truth about our situation. Again, the wait times were enormous which made us feel like just another patient.
Be prepared to wait!
The wait times were longer than any other doctor I had ever seen in my life. He was a bit all over the place when I saw him and it was tough to know when he was being truthful of my situation or just trying to sell me more treatments.
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie was responsive and very helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The wait times were ridiculous with Potter and it was sad that they kept on finding excuses for him. I wish they would have been more honest about the wait times. There was one girl who was really poor at drawing blood; everytime I would get my blood drawn by her I would have some of the worst black and blue marks for days.
We paid our sessions with him, some blood work and the clomid. I don't remember exactly prices.
We didn't get this far with Potter.

2021, Unknown Success
Dr . Chavkin was pleasant to work with but left too much work to the coordinator and other staff, who seemed overwhelmed and didn’t take the time to answer questions accurately. I also found Dr Chavkin too brief in her explanations and answers to my questions...I felt like just another number on their list. So many mistakes were made by staff...The nurse/care coordinator seemed rushed during every visit, most emails had mistakes or were missing key information, crucial information about a procedure was omitted, medication was ordered in error, and logistical information was frequently left out of communications.
The nurse/care coordinator [at HRC Fertility] seemed rushed during every visit, most emails had mistakes or were missing key information, crucial information about a procedure was omitted, medication was ordered in error, and logistical information was frequently left out of communications...Strengths: short wait times. Weaknesses: billing mistakes galore, failure to return emails and phone calls, mistakes in surgery and procedure instructions, charging for multiple additional things without disclosure, extremely rude and incompetent front desk staff and financial counselor.
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Find another clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Diana Chavkin
West Los Angeles
When our egg retrieval failed he [Dr. Coffler] spent time with us reviewing what happened in detail, and helped with a plan forward...When we first sat down with Dr. Coffler, he was straightforward with the coarse of treatment he thought would be best for us. He was very candid and honest. I appreciated his openness. I saw him on nearly every visit. He had an upbeat attitude and was positive....When all of our embryos arrested on Day 5, i found out when I called the office to get a status. At that time, noone had even looked at the results.
The staff [HRC] are all super nice people. They could be more organized. Communication was lacking. I had to reach out to the coordinator to get updates, when they should have been reaching out to me...The staff are all caring. They can improve on communication, organization, and communication of financial issues. When all of our embryos arrested on Day 5, i found out when I called the office to get a status. At that time, noone had even looked at the results.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
When our egg retrieval failed he spent time with us reviewing what happened in detail, and helped with a plan forward
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel Calfee)
The staff are all super nice people. They could be more organized. Communication was lacking. I had to reach out to the coordinator to get updates, when they should have been reaching out to me
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Our insurance covered everything except PGS
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
There was a lack of communication with test results.
Oceanside

Dr. Coffler seems to be knowledgeable of new practices and is very confident in his abilities; however, he didn’t seem very flexible with his treatment plan for us which added on some expenses we weren’t expecting. ... Ask questions when you have them. ... Do research and educate yourself. ... Nursing staff [HRC] is friendly and relayed my questions to Dr. Coffler in a timely manner.
The clinical and office staf f[HRC] is very friendly and always remembered my name; however, our experience was that we had to reach out to them for determining the next steps of our treatment or for financial related questions. My expectation was that they would be in touch with us and take the lead on those types of things. ... Nursing staff is friendly and relayed my questions to Dr. Coffler in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Do research and educate yourself. Ask questions when you have them.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinical and office staff is very friendly and always remembered my name; however, our experience was that we had to reach out to them for determining the next steps of our treatment or for financial related questions. My expectation was that they would be in touch with us and take the lead on those types of things.
2013 - 2016, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing
Dr [Tourgeman] seems knowledgeable but doesn't really personalize solutions. He also isn't involved in the process much. I often see nurses....I am horrified at the lack of attention to detail and the lack of follow through. If I didn't manage my care, nothing would have been on track. Had to remind nurse to order meds for ivf 3 times. Also never received call backs when I had a medical concern. Sometimes when I had questions I was told to refer to paperwork I had signed.
I am horrified at the lack of attention to detail and the lack of follow through [at HRC] . If I didn't manage my care, nothing would have been on track. Had to remind nurse to order meds for ivf 3 times. Also never received call backs when I had a medical concern. Sometimes when I had questions I was told to refer to paperwork I had signed.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr seems knowledgeable but doesn't really personalize solutions. He also isn't involved in the process much. I often see nurses.
You need to know what you want and stay on top of things with the office otherwise details will slip through the cracks
Careless errors and decisions made felt formulaic not personalized
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vera)
I am partially insured for fertility but have heard his fees are cheap.

2011 - 2014, Successful
Dr Potter was very aggressive with his treatment. He was very knowledgable... Dr Potter was not acquainted with the immunological side of things though he was willing to try any protocol an immunologist threw at me. In the end, He was three hours late to my last transfer. He left me sitting there. And left my embryo sitting there for three hours to long (in my opinion).
I felt like a number because they were so busy and often messed up my information... She [my nurse] did not return emails or phone calls... Dr Potter was very aggressive with his treatment. He was very knowledgable. The only downside is that he is always always always late. Very late. 3 or more hours late.
Be prepared to wait.
Dr Potter always uses the maximum stims, for a short stim cycle. He does the most aggressive approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija )
She did not return emails or phone calls