6.9

West Los Angeles
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I felt Dr. Potter is treating all the patients with the same schedule. Instead of seeing him to evaluate my progress during the cycle I was seeing by the nurses all the time. My body was not evaluated based on my body's response on every step of the cycles and instead I was given a long schedule in the beginning to follow...I never had modification on my schedule while I was doing 3 cycles with Dr. Potter which means I was just another number for him
The only good thing [of HRC Fertility] was that everything was done in the same building...Some cost were not discussed originally like anesthesia or some injections that they charged me the day of and I had to pay cash out of pocket. Generally they might be a little cheaper compared to some other infertility dr treatments which I think is due to the fact that they threat everyone like number will similar schedule.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He is not good communicator at all. Always running late for all of his appointments. He was not evaluating my body's progress himself as the Dr in charge...everything has done by his nurses except the actual procedures. After 3 unsuccessful cycle he told me I dont have a chance to become pregnant myself and I can either get serogate or I can see an immunologist to find out why my body is not accepting and implementing the embryos.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Select a Dr. Who threat you as an individual and follow your unique body response on every steps of the way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
I felt Dr. Potter is treating all the patients with the same schedule. Instead of seeing him to evaluate my progress during the cycle I was seeing by the nurses all the time. My body was not evaluated based on my body's response on every step of the cycles and instead I was given a long schedule in the beginning to follow. Az I changed my doctor later on I learned that there is no one treatment for all. Everyone's body reacted to the same medication differently and its totally wrong to use one schedule fits all. I never had modification on my schedule while I was doing 3 cycles with Dr. Potter which means I was just another number for him. Very disappointed.
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I don't remember the details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
I never had any problems with the nurses
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The only good thing was that everything was done in the same building. As I said I recommend to see an individual Dr who threat patients for their specific needs based on their body's response to medications.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Potter had no recommendation in this regards.
Daniel Potter
Newport Beach

Dr. Tourgeman was always gentle with his manner, took his time to explain his theories and thoughts, as well as how the process of IVF works. This was never an issue with him...I have suffered from Hypothalamic Dysfunction for most of my life. I have only ever had one natural period (at age 16)...At that time (in 2016) my AMH levels were decent so that wasn’t an issue, but he did say some very alarming things; like I would need a surrogate because my Uterus was small. The fact that he was “seeing” things no one else could see was not only discouraging, but it left me with absolutely no faith in him
The Clinic was clean, sophisticate and modern -- enjoyable for what it was. Facilities were up to date and very current. Large waiting room. Some drinks available. Offices were new and nice. The whole Clinic was great. Weaknesses [of HRC Fertility] were some of its staff. And poor coordination between the operating section downstairs and the general clinic upstairs! No aftercare after Surgery!
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
I came to Dr. Tourgeman (at age 36) because a friend of mine with severely low AMH levels for her age (40), got pregnant the first time doing IVF with him. I also read amazing reports for HRC as one of the leading fertility clinics. Dr. Tourgeman was the first doctor to actually treat me for Infertility. I had previously had a consultation with another doctor (Dr. Payman Sadaat) but I just didn't feel completely comfortable with him. Dr. Tourgeman, on the other hand, seemed kind, knowledgable and had proved with my friend to be effective. Unfortunately for me, I am a complex case, because I have suffered from Hypothalamic Dysfunction for most of my life. I have only ever had one natural period (at age 16). All other Periods were assisted by the contraceptive pill or HRT from age 17 onwards. This did not seem to be a major issue for Dr. Tourgeman. He suggested I have multiple different tests to ensure there were no other underlying issues. He ordered a standard HSG (hysterosalpingogram) Test with Iodine Contrast which was clear, there were no obstructions in the Fallopian Tubes. After further testing and during my third consultation with Dr. Tourgeman, he concluded that I had a “Septum” in my uterus, that could present a problem when getting pregnant. I sent my test results to my OBGYN and she couldn’t see this “Septum” he was talking about. I should have asked for another opinion, but I trusted Dr. Tourgeman and proceeded to have surgery to remove such “Septum”. I was given some medication (I can’t remember the name) prior to the operation to assist with opening up the area, for easy access and was simply told I would have some cramping. I am no fuss-pot, the HSG was not at all painful to me, which it has been for others, I was ok with the cramping. But whatever medication he gave me, was giving me actual contractions and I found myself in agony the night prior to the surgery, on the floor, not knowing what was happening to me. Literally, my pelvic bones had moved. The following day I was put to sleep, under full anaesthesia, and he went in… when I woke up after the surgery he said there was “so much tissue” inside, he couldn’t find the septum and had to abort his mission. I was in a lot of pain after the procedure and had bleeding for 28 days straight. I had to see another doctor (Dr. Peck) at HRC because I was at this point I was very concerned and Dr. T was away. She said it wasn’t normal what I was experiencing, she helped stop the bleeding and gave me some proper pain meds (I had had to take the medicine I hadn’t needed for the HSG because they just kept telling me to take Tylenol, which wasn’t strong enough). I should have switched docs right then! Afterwards I was asked by Dr. T to do an MRI of my Pelvic area. Again, it all showed all was clear. He consulted with a few of his colleagues at HRC, none could see the “Septum” he was seeing. He even sent it to a specialist, which I had to pay $$ for him to review — he also said there was no sign of a Septum. So I underwent surgery for absolutely no reason. I also went through so much pain, stress, aggravation, expenses — all in vain. All he could tell me was, that he didn’t understand what was going on, because he really thought he could see something there and not only that, but during testing he had noticed that my Uterus was quite small and that I would likely need a surrogate. At that time (in 2016) my AMH levels were decent so that wasn’t an issue, but he did say some very alarming things; like I would need a surrogate because my Uterus was small. The fact that he was “seeing” things no one else could see was not only discouraging, but it left me with absolutely no faith in him. Needless to say, I moved on to another doctor!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Get a second opinion!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennie Tran, LVN)
She was overall really mediocre. Terrible at getting back to me with questions -- Appalling communicator, I kept having to ask, and ask again to get anything explained to me. Didn't seem to be knowledgable or informed. Would give her opinion before knowing the facts or even asking the doctor. Was not helpful when I needed stronger pain meds, said to take Tylenol and Pepsid for bloating. Absolutely useless. I waited after my surgery for her to come and get me, and ended up walking out of there myself with my husband. No wheelchair, no aftercare.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The Clinic was clean, sophisticate and modern -- enjoyable for what it was. Facilities were up to date and very current. Large waiting room. Some drinks available. Offices were new and nice. The whole Clinic was great. Weaknesses were some of its staff. And poor coordination between the operating section downstairs and the general clinic upstairs! No aftercare after Surgery!
Encino

he [Dr. Robert Boostanfar] was very forthcoming with treatments and personable. However he yielded the worst results out of 3 doctors I've seen over 3 yrs with no explanation. I was hoping he would be willing to cycle again with a discount but refused...Birth control, micro Lupron, menopure and trigger...he strongly advised against double egg transfer...this was the most expensive RE that yielded the worst results for me. I wish the doctor continued with same protocol my former RE used since we retrieved normal embryos during previous RE- ER.
Strengths [at HRC] are explaining some of the procedures and plan of action. The unfortunate part this was the most expensive RE that yielded the worst results for me. I wish the doctor continued with same protocol my former RE used since we retrieved normal embryos during previous RE- ER...They [nurses] were very helpful but had a challenging time keeping pace with my treatment protocols. Financial department was on top of everything...was a total of 14k for egg retrieval, $400 for acupuncture, $4k for medications and $300 for vitamins
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
he was very forthcoming with treatments and personable. However he yielded the worst results out of 3 doctors I've seen over 3 yrs with no explanation. I was hoping he would be willing to cycle again with a discount but refused.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
know all of the protocols, don't be afraid to ask questions, secure information on how what and why.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
dr. Boostanfar was much better than PCFLA Dr. Sahakian by a landslide but yielded much worse results.
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Birth control, micro Lupron, menopure and trigger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
They were very helpful but had a challenging time keeping pace with my treatment protocols. Financial department was on top of everything.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strengths are explaining some of the procedures and plan of action. The unfortunate part this was the most expensive RE that yielded the worst results for me. I wish the doctor continued with same protocol my former RE used since we retrieved normal embryos during previous RE- ER.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
he strongly advised against double egg transfer
Robert Boostanfar
Encino

As an older patient he [Dr. Bradford Kolb] tried I guess but truth be told his attention was not there. It was like he had somewhere else to be. He is an lovely man but I didn’t feel like he had time for me. My partner was not happy, he would be more scathing. On a positive, the doctor was very surprised I even had eggs at my age...He seems to not have time and will scurry off. Odd behavior...I did mini IVF treatment which seemed to give us good results given I was told I had no hope. I produced 5 follicles with 2 eggs. Only 1 egg fertilized but I had a negative result.
[HRC was a] Nice clinic with great facilities. Extremely busy reception at times but I would always be seen on time. I was never delayed. Everyone is quite pleasant. I didn’t feel like a number to be honest. But because things have not worked out for me I won’t be going back...[nurses gave] Great attention. Over compensated for the doctor’s lack of compassion truth be told...I did mini IVF treatment which seemed to give us good results given I was told I had no hope. I produced 5 fol
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
As an older patient he tried I guess but truth be told his attention was not there. It was like he had somewhere else to be. He is an lovely man but I didn’t feel like he had time for me. My partner was not happy, he would be more scathing. On a positive, the doctor was very surprised I even had eggs at my age.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
He seems to not have time and will scurry off. Odd behavior.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
He spent very little time with us. I was fine but my partner was not. It agitated him. The doctor did what he had to and would quickly move on leaving his coordinator to discuss.
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mayra Camacho)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
I paid 13,000 including medicines.
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
My doctor would have transferred both but unfortunately one did not take.
Bradford Kolb

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. David Tourgeman] was very blunt about my age. He knew we were struggling financially so he kind of brushed us off...He didn’t tell us we could use frozen eggs. He only discussed live donor. At the time, We didn’t know there was a difference financially speaking. We were led to believe our only option was using a live donor which was upwards of $45k...Consultation only...We left feeling hopeless because we could not afford IVF with a live donor.
we were not told we had the option of using frozen eggs [at HRC], which is less expensive than using a live donor. We left feeling hopeless because we could not afford IVF with a live donor...$45k IVF with live donor...They do offer a free seminar on fertility. I think it’s a great thing for people who don’t know anything about infertility. However, it the atmosphere is a little cold...The clinic doesn’t allow anyone to bring in their children. I must admit that I appreciated that because seeing babies can be hurtful.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Pick another doctor at HRC.
He was very blunt about my age. He knew we were struggling financially so he kind of brushed us off.
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Consultation only
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
The nurse was kind but, we mostly dealt with the financial planner.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They do offer a free seminar on fertility. I think it’s a great thing for people who don’t know anything about infertility. However, it the atmosphere is a little cold. I definitely felt out of place become of my advanced maternal age. The clinic doesn’t allow anyone to bring in their children. I must admit that I appreciated that because seeing babies can be hurtful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.
$45k IVF with live donor
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
As I stated before, we were not told we had the option of using frozen eggs, which is less expensive than using a live donor. We left feeling hopeless because we could not afford IVF with a live donor.

2019 - 2021, Unsuccessful
I felt like a number. I don't think he'd [Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] be able to tell me from anyone else and certainly didn't really feel like he was invested in my success as a patient. He wasn't mean, just didn't feel like he was invested...This place really feels like a factory when you get back there - he does talk to you, but I felt like he didn't know me from anyone else
[HRC fertility] billing was TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. I got so many disjointed bills - bill after bill - for months after the procedure. They billed me incorrectly so many times and then would come back asking for another $500-1000+...[nurses were] Super disorganized - they didn't explain my instructions correctly the first time and I ended up giving myself the wrong amount of medication.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
I felt like a number. I don't think he'd be able to tell me from anyone else and certainly didn't really feel like he was invested in my success as a patient. He wasn't mean, just didn't feel like he was invested.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC billing was TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. I got so many disjointed bills - bill after bill - for months after the procedure. They billed me incorrectly so many times and then would come back asking for another $500-1000+. Super stressful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
$7500 for one round without insurance $3500ish per round for drugs, without insurance
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Unclear medication instructions. Terrible billing procedures.
Jeffrey Nelson
Pasadena

Dr. Norian was polite, very knowledgeable, but I also felt like he had a lot of other things going on in the office, like his attention could not be 100% committed to my care. It could be more helpful if he were able to give more educational handouts on whatever diagnosis he had for my care because a lot of times I couldn’t remember everything he was saying. ... Dr. Norian called me once and basically just recommended IVF. I never heard back again afterwards, therefore I decided it would be best to go elsewhere where I felt more comfortable. ...
Results were not relayed in a timely manner. ... The office was clean. But I could tell by other patients there that having an appointment did not mean you would be seen in a timely fashion. Seems you would wait at least 30 min or longer in some cases. For me I had to wait 20 min for my first appointment for just a consultation ... ... The nurses [HRC] weren’t very helpful in getting information back to me, or asked me if I understood everything the doctor was saying.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Write everything down.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Results were not relayed in a timely manner. The nurses weren’t very helpful in getting information back to me, or asked me if I understood everything the doctor was saying. I wish they could have given me written information regarding my lab results, instead Dr. Norian called me once and basically just recommended IVF. I never heard back again afterwards, therefore I decided it would be best to go elsewhere where I felt more comfortable.
Describe the protocols John Norian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
I can’t remember my nurses name, she was I believe if Indian ethnicity. She appeared to just do her job and had zero effort on being pleasant. She barely spoke unless it was just to answer me. I felt like I was pulling information out of her instead of her being a resource for me.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The office was clean. But I could tell by other patients there that having an appointment did not mean you would be seen in a timely fashion. Seems you would wait at least 30 min or longer in some cases. For me I had to wait 20 min for my first appointment for just a consultation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Norian at HRC Fertility.
I was still covered by my insurance for “diagnostic” treatments, so I didn’t have to pay at first. Later I would end up paying for an HSG he ordered through another Facility.
Describe John Norian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
John Norian