Robert Boostanfar

Westlake Village, CA 91361
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Kolb was warm and personable during initial consult and subsequent appointments. He also maintained emotional neutrality and a very matter-of-fact tone throughout. Our regular appointments tended to be rushed without much time for questions. When we were successful and our pregnancy had reached 8 or 9 weeks, Dr. Kolb seemed genuinely delighted and he even surprised us with hugs!
Systems in place at HRC were mostly seamless and efficient. This was great but didn't always seem very personal/personalized...has an after hours answering service and they will relay messages to your doctor on weekends...has a wonderful social worker on staff...The care coordinator was the most helpful part of our team and the person with whom we had the most communication
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Form a positive relationship with your coordinator. Find out the best way to communicate with her and don't hesitate to ask questions! If you don't get answers right away, ask again. HRC also has a wonderful social worker on staff who can be a really wonderful and helpful resource for support through the ups and downs of fertility treatment. Finally, I wish I'd known sooner that in the event that something more urgent comes up between visits, HRC has an after hours answering service and they will relay messages to your doctor on weekends. This came in handy a couple of times when unexpected pain or bleeding occurred. It was helpful to be able to have a brief consult and receive some reassurance when the office was closed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Our treatment protocol seemed pretty standard. I'm not aware of any special modifications made for us. If there were, we were not made aware of them. For us, this was apparently appropriately as our treatment was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Leona)
The care coordinator was the most helpful part of our team and the person with whom we had the most communication. Unfortunately, both our first coordinator (who we totally adored) and our second, both left the practice during our journey. This was not communicated to us by HRC until after several we'd made several unsuccessful attempts to reach our coordinators. This also made it difficult to feel really comfortable once we met Leona, who ended up being our point person until we "graduated" from HRC. Regardless, she was wonderful and patient with all of our questions. Truth is, all the coordinators are wonderful and will work hard to make sure you are well informed and supported. Try to form a positive relationship, but don't get too attached to one coordinator as she may be replaced with someone else at some point.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HCR Pasadena is located conveniently , in a shiny, clean, and pleasant office setting. Processes are streamlined and efficient and staff is mostly friendly and accommodating. I found afternoon appointments overwhelming as it gets very busy and waits can be long, but early morning appointments were much more low-key, quiet and on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
We paid about $10,000 out of pocket and the rest was covered by insurance. (I think it would have been closer to $25-27,000 without insurance coverage)
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
In our case, Dr Kolb strongly encouraged single rather than multiple embryo transfer.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Guner] was always very honest and upfront and gave me realistic expectations, which I appreciate. She communicates very well and takes time to answer questions and explain without seeming rushed or bothered. She has a kind demeanor and good bedside manner. I appreciate her making us feel like we were individuals and our case was specific to us, not just another patient of hundreds...
My only complaint about HRC is that i felt like I needed to ask them for prep before starting and I feel like IVF is something where education and preparation should be a top priority, I shouldn’t have to ask for it...Beautiful office, clean and calm exam rooms, friendly front desk staff. They are very efficient in getting everyone in and out when it’s clearly a very busy clinic. Parking is street parking and mostly only 1 hour streets, which isn’t ideal...
How was your experience with Joie Guner at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Guner is wonderful. She was always very honest and upfront and gave me realistic expectations, which I appreciate. She communicates very well and takes time to answer questions and explain without seeming rushed or bothered. She has a kind demeanor and good bedside manner. I appreciate her making us feel like we were individuals and our case was specific to us, not just another patient of hundreds. At this point, I have no complaints about Dr. Guner. Just hoping to have a positive outcome!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joie Guner at HRC Fertility?
Ask your questions and seek clarification of her opinion when you need it. She is a great communicator and she will give you honest advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joie Guner at HRC Fertility?
She was kind and spoke to me as a human, honest and open in her explanations, took time to call me directly and reply to my emails quickly.
Describe the protocols Joie Guner used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
First cycle - DOR (age 33) Clomid x 5 days Follistim started on day 4 through day 10 Ganirellix and low HCG started day 8 until trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Desiree)
Desiree was my nurse and she was great. We met before starting my cycle so I could ask some questions and feel prepared. Overall I was very happy with Desiree, however, I was initially assigned to a different nurse who I did not feel was as good of a communicator and didn’t feel like she was providing me with any preparation before starting my cycle. My only complaint about HRC is that i felt like I needed to ask them for prep before starting and I feel like IVF is something where education and preparation should be a top priority, I shouldn’t have to ask for it. But once I met with Desiree everything was smooth sailing.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Beautiful office, clean and calm exam rooms, friendly front desk staff. They are very efficient in getting everyone in and out when it’s clearly a very busy clinic. Parking is street parking and mostly only 1 hour streets, which isn’t ideal. The structure behind the clinic is super expensive so you either need to park farther when you can find 2 hr streets, or move your car if you aren’t out in 1 hr. That’s not ideal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joie Guner at HRC Fertility.
Total cost for cycle (which included biopsy for pgt testing and a professional discount which was honored since Dr Guner is a USC doctor) was about $13,500
Joie Guner
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Ho has been extremely sensitive to the multiple losses I have experienced and has always given me a realistic approach with a healthy dose of optimism. She knows who I am and takes plenty of time to talk me and my husband through every step of the way, making time for virtual consultations and answering questions even on the weekends...I don’t feel rushed or stupid for asking questions. She’s patient and kind while also being professional and knowledgeable.
The clinic itself [HRC Fertility] is very nice and all staff are typically helpful and sensitive. It is hard to find parking so that is also something to consider. There are several doctors and many patients so there is a certain amount of wait time to expect too...All payment for IVF cycle is due before the start of baseline appointments...The best way to communicate with the nursing staff and the financial department is via email. Otherwise they can be difficult to get in touch with.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility?
Dr Ho always asks how I’m doing and takes as much time as I need. I don’t feel rushed or stupid for asking questions. She’s patient and kind while also being professional and knowledgeable. She did a whole PowerPoint presentation for my husband and I when we had our initial consult about IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility?
Ask lots of questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jacqueline Ho used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr Ho recommended a hysteroscopy to deal with a small uterine septum. She has now recommended frozen embryo transfer with PGS testing due to my repeated losses. The hope is that we will be able identify any abnormalities in eggs/embryos before implantation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
One of Dr Ho’s nurses, Pam, has been amazingly sensitive and supportive during this entire process. She’s reached out repeatedly to give me information and to check in and also encouraged me to advocate for myself to get the treatment I needed. Her personal touch was one of the reasons I decided to stay with USC when they moved to HRC Fertility. When I have feedback to the doctor about a misstep in communication, it was immediately rectified.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The best way to communicate with the nursing staff and the financial department is via email. Otherwise they can be difficult to get in touch with. The clinic itself is very nice and all staff are typically helpful and sensitive. It is hard to find parking so that is also something to consider. There are several doctors and many patients so there is a certain amount of wait time to expect too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility.
My insurance does not cover any procedures so all blood work and testing was billed to me directly. There are payment plans available for some bills (blood work, ultrasounds) while other procedures (sonograms, hysteroscopy) were due up front. All payment for IVF cycle is due before the start of baseline appointments.
Describe Jacqueline Ho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Because of my age and history of repeated losses, Dr Ho is sensitive to only implanting one embryo at a time. I am very appreciative of her thoughtfulness to the approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
When I had a pregnancy outside of an IVF cycle, my results were not reported to my chart so I did not receive blood test results on two different occasions. Once I told the doctor about the issue, it was immediately rectified and all communication has been timely since.
Jacqueline Ho

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Chavkin was very informative and transparent throughout the entire procedure. While her nurses handled all of the emails, if and when an emergency arose, she'd answer personally. Same with questions, we'd ask the nurses a million questions, and they'd run it by Dr. Chavkin for an answer, and we'd get guidance/direction by nightfall. My wife and I elected to have Reciprocal IVF, which meant we were both under her care. She took really good care of both of us and kept us level-headed, calm, and was completely honest with probability rates.
The clinic [HRC Fertility] has multiple offices and is huge. There are many times where it feels like the left-hand has no idea what the right-hand is doing. It's even worse because you know if you CC the doctor on emails, the doctor doesn't read emails (which she was clear about when we started)... our first [nurse] was a disaster...majority of our emails to her went unanswered, including an email about whether a donor's sperm was compatible w/ our genetic profile. We went ahead and bought sperm without their approval (gamble, but worth it), and thank goodness we did because he ran out of stuff by the time the clinic/Dr. realized that Stephanie never forwarded our emails.
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin is a doctor from NY who was a teacher in the public school system, has undergone fertility treatment, and a woman. We connected over that, and the fact that she's undergone fertility treatment herself meant that she understood what we were going through. It is so important to work with someone who can empathize with their clients because she was able to reassure us when we had a million worries and questions. She didn't blunt difficult stats, but she made sure we knew all of our options before moving ahead. She was also incredibly patient to make sure that our eggs were ready for retrieval rather than waste a cycle by attempting to retrieve too early. I really appreciated that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Bring all of your questions with you and don't be afraid to ask Dr. Chavkin when you see her for a consult. Her visits are REALLY fast (which some folks may not like), but when you have her attention, you HAVE her attention.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Diana Chavkin used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
This was our first time trying to conceive and she was clear that once we had a good egg (one that survived to create an embryo and pass PGS testing), we had a 60-70% likelihood of live birth. Our first retrieval (Birth control first, then Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide, and Pregnyl) resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, with one testing normal (we're AMA). Second retrieval, same protocol, resulted in about 16 eggs, again, with one testing normal (it's on ice). We transferred the first good egg into me (I had to inject HCG to prep and some progesterone to prepare my body for the FET), and had the 2nd retrieval happen the same week (same protocol). Once I received a confirmed pregnancy, the protocol was Crinone 8%, Progesterone-in-oil, estrace, and pre-natals through week 13. Currently at 14 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Joanna Truong)
I want to be clear, our first nurse, Stephanie was a disaster. Apparently, when we first started, Stephanie was in the midst of quitting (or getting fired), but a majority of our emails to her went unanswered, including an email about whether a donor's sperm was compatible w/ our genetic profile. We went ahead and bought sperm without their approval (gamble, but worth it), and thank goodness we did because he ran out of stuff by the time the clinic/Dr. realized that Stephanie never forwarded our emails. Once Joanna took over, it was a complete 180. She was thorough, clear, and on-top of emails. Not only did she send us emails telling us what to do/expect, she also called (my phone AND my partner's phone) to make sure we got everything. She's fantastic and sweet, and really thoughtful. Well done!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic has multiple offices and is huge. There are many times where it feels like the left-hand has no idea what the right-hand is doing. It's even worse because you know if you CC the doctor on emails, the doctor doesn't read emails (which she was clear about when we started). Once I complained very very clearly to our Fertility Advocate (we were using Progyny to manage billing and care), things got sorted out very quickly. The other weakness is with their biller, Jamie. Sure, we're on Progyny, and we didn't have to think about insurance stuff at all, but there were several instances where they forgot to submit approvals, which led to some stressful days when we weren't sure if certain meds would be covered by Progyny or if we'd have to pay out of pocket first (which we could afford, but it was still confusing). I remember asking Jamie about certain approvals, and she'd say Progyny would take a few days to approve/respond, but then I'd go home and do it myself and get it approved within 24 hours. You'll need to stay on top of things and advocate on your own behalf. It is incredibly important for you to confirm things via email. Also, the surgical center is owned by HRC. It's not disclosed anywhere and it probably saves you money to stay in their system, but it feels like self-dealing and feels shady. It's not an awful surgical center, and it's easy to let the clinic manage all of that. I don't know what they billed or how much cost of care for retrieval/transfers are, and I don't know if the doctor would've performed the procedure elsewhere, but wish they were upfront about that at the beginning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility.
Progyny covered everything after our deductible (about $2800) except for Crinone.. fair market value for that stuff is $1000+ for a 1 month supply. I think I paid $400-600 for 2 boxes a month.
Describe Diana Chavkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Chavkin is very clear that they only do single embryo transfers unless there's a reason to transfer more than one. I don't have a history of miscarriages, so there was no reason to transfer more than 1.. and since we only got 1 egg the first time, it wasn't much of a discussion.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
This was all when we had Stephanie as our nurse coordinator. She failed to pass our donor's genetic info along for approval despite us telling them we needed answers w/in 72-hours because of low donor sperm availability. We went ahead and purchased the sperm anyway (a potential $4000 throwaway if the doc said no). I finally contacted the clinic by phone and email 10 days later demanding to know why we didn't get a response, and the doc/nurse said they never got our messages, and that our nurse no longer worked there. While I can understand why they may have been unable to access Stephanie's emails (not sure why a company wouldn't keep an employee's email open until they reviewed all emails for urgency), we CCed the doctor on those emails. The very same day, we got "approval" to buy sperm. Did I mention that they required us to buy CMV negative sperm because my partner, the non-gestational parent, tested CMV negative? As someone who was pre-med, I asked them why we had to pick someone CMV negative when I, the gestational partner, tested CMV positive. Joanna, the new nurse, said I was right and we didn't have to limit our choices. Folks, the sheer # of donors who are CMV negative is exponentially smaller than the pool of CMV positive donors. Not only were we forced to purchase sperm w/o approval, but we were initially limited to a smaller gene pool too. Granted, we picked a donor who we felt was the best (out of both CMV-/CMV+ groups), it would've been a lot less stressful to have accurate information from the start. We also had one day where they forgot to book an appointment for us despite telling us we had to show up on a certain day, so they had to move it to another day. Considering that fertility treatment is time-sensitive (medicine is doled out to trigger precise bodily changes to prep for retrieval), we were completely aghast that they forgot. We had our appointment moved to the next day, but we were terrified that we may have missed a cycle and re-do/wait for another month. Similarly, for our second retrieval, it wasn't clear when we were supposed to use the trigger shot. We were told of a potential retrieval date, but the doctor told us we may need to delay it because some of the eggs didn't look ready. However, no one told us this meant that the retrieval and trigger dates had to be switched too. Thankfully, we called the on-duty doctor for clarification. On-duty doctor contacted Dr. Chavkin, who emailed/called us immediately to let us know what to do and what not to do.
West Los Angeles

Dr. Norian is great at communicating sensitive news. I felt that he was always careful in how he said things...on call and available when I needed him. Even on a Saturday night at 8pm...My first cycle treatment was pretty much standard...After the 1st miscarriage...[doctor] tested and was a little more aggressive with medication. I was even placed on blood thinners to help ease any clots...
Often times the clinic [HRC Fertility] would overbook patients and sometimes it was a long wait. I always saw [Dr. Norian] so this was good, but they should not over book him. The ladies in the front were always respectful and friendly...[nurse] was always on top of her work...don’t think she understood some questions and concerns I sometimes had...overall we spent about $25,000 on treatments...
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian is great at communicating sensitive news. I felt that he was always careful in how he said things. I also felt that at time because he was trying to be sensitive to your feelings he wasn’t being absolutely honest just how bad things might be. Overall, he is great Dr and makes you feel so hopeful and wants to help you achieve pregnancy and eventually a live birth.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Norian at HRC Fertility?
One major word of advice is to seek all the “what if’s” we went into this so hopeful and then when we faced loss we did not know how to handle it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian and his staff were always very compassionate to my situation. He was on call and available when I needed him. Even on a Saturday night at 8pm.
Describe the protocols John Norian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
My first cycle treatment was pretty much standard. I used progesterone and estrogen shots. After the 1st miscarriage because I had a lot of blood cots. He tested and was a little more aggressive with medication. I was even placed on blood thinners to help ease any clots.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chen )
She was always on top of her work. The only downfall was that she HS a really thick accent which made it difficult to communicate certain things too. I don’t think she understood some questions and concerns I sometimes had.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I felt that Often times the clinic would overbook patients and sometimes it was a long wait. I always saw the Dr. so this was good, but they should not over book him. The ladies in the front were always respectful and friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Norian at HRC Fertility.
The total cost in the office was 16,800 and medications were another 4,000 dollars. Then after my first transfer Ended in a miscarriage the second transfer resulted in another cost of almost 4,000 with medication. So, overall we spent about $25,000 on treatments.
Describe John Norian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Norian was very open about single vs. multiple births. He went through the risks and informed you. He ultimately gives you the choice of what you want to transfer.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Tourgeman is great at listening and answering questions, which helps me feel like he really cares...he says IVF is indicated due to my history with endometriosis, but we decided to do a few rounds of IUI first due to the cost of IVF...He was very gentle with the IUIs and I didn’t feel any pain...After going to one of his seminars and seeing his kind demeanor in combination with his expert knowledge, we decided to consult with him
The check in process, blood draws and the IUIs went very well [at HRC Fertility]. The LVNs were very nice. The nurses could use some training to be more consistent. Overall I liked the clinic. It’s challenging for everyone to be in the situation that brings them to this clinic and overall my experience has been positive...The nursing staff has been okay overall...not great
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman is very kind and knowledgeable. After going to one of his seminars and seeing his kind demeanor in combination with his expert knowledge, we decided to consult with him. He was very gentle with the IUIs and I didn’t feel any pain. For me, he says IVF is indicated due to my history with endometriosis, but we decided to do a few rounds of IUI first due to the cost of IVF. I am sometimes unclear about what exactly he thinks about my cycle and wish he would alter the medications a bit to see if that would help. The first cycle he did two IUIs (one before and one after ovulation). The second round he was unavailable for the IUI and the covering physician was unaware of how Dr. Tourgeman was doing two IUIs for me. Overall I liked Dr. Tourgeman and will continue to see him for care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Come prepared with your questions ahead of time and ask questions during ultrasounds.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Try IUI with letrozole for 2-3 cycles before moving to IVF due to cost of IVF and multiple, extensive endometriosis surgeries. I was hesitant to try clomid because of potential vision side effects and a history of migraines with auras, so we decided to use letrozole instead.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
The nursing staff has been okay overall. My primary nurse changed between my first and second cycle. I think the first nurse I had left the practice. She was better at explaining the injections than my second nurse, but wasn’t as good at communicating results with me. It was nice to have the best of both worlds overall, for example to have good education on the injections the first round and good communication about results on the second round. But overall it was okay, not great.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The check in process, blood draws and the IUIs went very well. The LVNs were very nice. The nurses could use some training to be more consistent. Overall I liked the clinic. It’s challenging for everyone to be in the situation that brings them to this clinic and overall my experience has been positive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.
I don’t have any insurance coverage for fertility. A consult was about $350. Initial cycle ultrasound was about $400. Each blood draw was about $90. First IUI with ultrasound was about $800. Second IUI without ultrasound was about 400. Follow up pregnancy test was covered by insurance.
David Tourgeman

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kolb has a calm energy. He performed all ultrasounds and made himself available afterwards for as long as I needed and answered many questions very patiently...very realistic and communicated well what I could realistically expect. He was compassionate and used a protocol that he thought would yield the best results...did a mini I.V.F. with lower doses of medication due to not having a surplus of follicles. It was a very gentle approach and my body responded well. I also used I.C.S.I. with the idea that perhaps my follicles would be firm. I don't think it was necessary, as I had better success at another clinic without it....
You will be assigned a nurse [at HRC Fertility] for your calendar and most communication will be through them. Make sure you understand everything before you go home. It's not always easy to get in touch with them and sometimes you will be passed off to someone else who may not know your situation that well...nurses were very compassionate and personable, which is really important to me. They were mostly knowledgable. I saw different ones and sometimes the information was not consistent....
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Kolb was very realistic and communicated well what I could realistically expect. He was compassionate and used a protocol that he thought would yield the best results. I had previously opted to do 3 rounds of I.V.F. with plans to test the embryos after the final round. All of my eggs fertilized, and zero made it to blast. After this, Dr. Kolb suggested the next retrieval be a 3 day transfer. Since there was no male factor issues or anatomy issues on my part, I asked to do an I.U.I. For me, it was a more economical and logical choice since nothing done, including I.C.S.I. had changed the outcome. In my mind, it was find the lucky egg. So, we started that process. My body had responded well to meds previously, but was not during the I.U.I., so he increased the meds. The next time I went in, all of my follicles "disappeared". I did 3 consults with 3 different doctors after that and submitted all records and each of them said I had probably ovulated early. I really liked Dr. Kolb and found him to be otherwise very competent. I did move on to another Dr. however.
I did a mini I.V.F. with lower doses of medication due to not having a surplus of follicles. It was a very gentle approach and my body responded well. I also used I.C.S.I. with the idea that perhaps my follicles would be firm. I don't think it was necessary, as I had better success at another clinic without it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
The nurses were very compassionate and personable, which is really important to me. They were mostly knowledgable. I saw different ones and sometimes the information was not consistent.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They are very friendly and sweet. You will be assigned a nurse for your calendar and most communication will be through them. Make sure you understand everything before you go home. It's not always easy to get in touch with them and sometimes you will be passed off to someone else who may not know your situation that well.
Because we were seen just as the pandemic was beginning, and I am guessing many of their international clientele were unable to travel, the price was at a discount. Mini I.V.F was somewhere around 14,000
Pasadena
Potter is straight to the point. There is no fluff in his demeanor or bed side manner. If you have a question, he will answer it straight up. He’s definitely not someone I would recommend to my friends that need more TLC...Because we completed PGS testing, he said if we wanted twins...place two embryos but explained risks...Be ready with your questions when you first meet him and don’t expect fluff
The [HRC Fertility] clinic team made me like they cared for my results genuinely...There’s multiple locations in the area so it was convenient for a working person that needs to get multiple lab draws. The clinics were clean and organized. The doctors aren’t always on site so you don’t have access to them but the care coordinators are always available...[nurse] Amanda has been amazing and genuine. I can’t say enough great things about her.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Be ready with your questions when you first meet him and don’t expect fluff
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
The clinic team made me like they cared for my results genuinely
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
For my first cycle, we were going for a fresh embryo transfer. We didn’t know any better and Dr. Potter felt like we were good candidates since it was male infertility factor. The clinic was able to perform PGS testing prior to transferring the embryo which is something not a lot of clinics can offer. For my FET, I was on lupron for 21 days prior to starting estradiol and then progesterone IM and suppositories for a week prior to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Seller )
Amanda has been amazing and genuine. I can’t say enough great things about her.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
We received a veterans discount so one full cycle was $12,300 without medications.
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Fullerton

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Peck is very friendly, caring, and personable. She listens to your concerns and answers all questions. She uses her best judgement with regards to treatment and timing of transfers etc. She treats you like family!...a good listener and explains everything she is doing. She adjusts the schedule as necessary to guarantee the best outcome. She is very thorough with regards to medication and doesn't jump into any procedures without checking hormone levels or guarantees that machines are working properly.
They [nurses at HRC] were very friendly, kind, understanding and responded to my questions in a timely manner...For two procedures appx $65,000 which included two retrievals and two FET...The clinic is timely with your appointments, the staff is very friendly, clean, and respectful of your time. Parking isn't validated but there is street parking across the street, just pay attention to the days and times where parking is restricted
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Peck is kind, patient, a good listener and explains everything she is doing. She adjusts the schedule as necessary to guarantee the best outcome. She is very thorough with regards to medication and doesn't jump into any procedures without checking hormone levels or guarantees that machines are working properly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Levothyroxine: hormone level regulation. Estradiol: estrogen level maintenance. Progesterone Injections: progesterone level maintenance. Progesterone suppositories. Baby aspirin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: 2)
They were very friendly, kind, understanding and responded to my questions in a timely manner
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.
For two procedures appx $65,000 which included two retrievals and two FET.

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. John Wilcox] gave us a practical assessment given our current factors. He was blunt to provide the general reality of the situation. I'm happy with his general approach as we just needed the straight facts without trying to eagerly put our hopes too high...a very practical doctor giving the straight facts of the situation. Very cordial while being very trustworthy. He provided us with the right information we needed to move forward with our first cycle.
Very warm and welcoming clinic entrance [at HRC Fertility - Pasadena]. Generally low stress in environment. Very nice lobby and exam rooms. Administration and actual procedure rooms were isolated away. However, those rooms did look appropriate for their function...Dr. Wilcox gave us a practical assessment given our current factors. He was blunt to provide the general reality of the situation. I'm happy with his general approach as we just needed the straight facts without trying to eagerly put our hopes too high.
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Overall, Chris was a very practical doctor giving the straight facts of the situation. Very cordial while being very trustworthy. He provided us with the right information we needed to move forward with our first cycle. We look forward to see where our results will go as we move forward after the Covid quarantine.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Feel free to ask questions! He is very knowledgeable as well as his staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols John Wilcox used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Our IVF process so far has been only the egg retrieval and embryo creation of our first cycle. The process consisted of several ultrasounds and blood tests. In terms of hormones, clomid, omnitrope, and gonal were used.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
Very well versed in the field. One was new, but was being trained by a nurse that we had been working with. Very helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Very warm and welcoming clinic entrance. Generally low stress in environment. Very nice lobby and exam rooms. Administration and actual procedure rooms were isolated away. However, those rooms did look appropriate for their function.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
It was a generally oiled machine. A lot of it depended on time of day. If it was critical that a doctor needed to co duct the ultrasound, then they scheduled for mornings. Otherwise, it was scheduled at any part of the day with a nurse practitioner to assist. Kept the wait times rather low. However, there was more traffic in the mornings there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Wilcox at HRC Fertility.
So far, the costs for service and egg retrieval have been around $11,000 with the inclusion of our insurance.
Describe John Wilcox's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Have not yet transferred embryos.
John Wilcox

2020, 28 Eggs Frozen
I went to Dr. Chavkin for two egg freezing cycles, and throughout both, she was amazing. Not only is she incredibly nice, but she is the most compassionate, empathetic, and patient doctor I've ever had. During my numerous visits with Dr. Chavkin, she answered all of my (many) questions thoroughly (I never felt rushed). Egg freezing can be a stressful/emotional process, but Dr. Chavkin was a constant source of support and comfort at all times. It is very evident that she is very passionate about the work that she does and that she genuinely cares about her patients.
Sometimes I didn't receive responses back to my emails [from HRC Fertility] that I sent to the front door/admin department (I had some trouble with communication on that front), but overall they always greeted me and were friendly. ... I came to the clinic during a promo, but it was still expensive. Definitely thousands of dollars, but not as costly as other clinics.
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
To not always ask "how many eggs are you seeing on the ultrasound?" My best advice is to not even ask at all because the number always changes (goes up sometimes, and goes down other times), and regardless, the final result is what it is. Just trust that Dr. Chavkin is doing her best to get the best result for you.
I was always treated with compassion and empathy. She explained everything thoroughly and took time to answer all of my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Garcia)
Stephanie was always very on top of things. She was very willing to help in any way possible.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I have so many good things to say about Dr. Chavkin and about the nurse, as well. Sometimes I didn't receive responses back to my emails that I sent to the front door/admin department (I had some trouble with communication on that front), but overall they always greeted me and were friendly.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr Norian is very easy to talk to...When we had a financial issue, he worked with us the best that he could and I couldn’t thank him more for that!...We did a very basic and simple approach with regards to protocols due to male factor infertility, my age, and no female pre existing conditions. Our first fresh transfer was a success with my daughter!...Two was the absolute max he would transfer for us.
[nurse at HRC Fertility] seems as though she didn’t have much experience in the infertility realm...The financial counselor, comes off very rude... tried to call me to cancel my appointment about an hour before my appointment...They didn’t offer a different day/time at the moment and never called me for a follow up... I also have been sent home with another persons chart and information instead of my own.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr Norian is a very personable and quirky man. Right off the bat, we hit it off. We knew very little coming into this and after talking to him the first time, we felt like we understood the path we would be taking. He is very knowledgable and listens very well. He even came to our appointment with visuals and easy to understand information. He tried to get to know us more on a personal level and remember little tid bits that we discussed from our last appointments. He would explain everything before he did anything and would ease into any procedure. He made me feel very comfortable when at our appointments and would try to explain everything in terms that we could understand. When we had a financial issue, he worked with us the best that he could and I couldn’t thank him more for that!
Write down all of your questions/concerns before your appointments. Sometimes you’ll forget everything when you’re in the actual appointment. Don’t be afraid to ask “dumb” questions. He understands and doesn’t make you feel like these are dumb questions. He will answer to the best of his ability and will answer any clarifying questions. Trust the process.
The receptionist was very welcoming and knew my name when I had appointments. Whenever I had to draw blood, the phlebotomist knew my me by name and would hold conversations with me. Dr Norian is very easy to talk to and would talk about personal experiences and try to understand where we were coming from. He is very personable and quirky— which we liked since it is a high stress environment.
We did a very basic and simple approach with regards to protocols due to male factor infertility, my age, and no female pre existing conditions. Our first fresh transfer was a success with my daughter! We transferred two embryos each time. Progesterone in oil, estradiol, endometrium, Delestrogen, Medrol were all used for my transfers. The frozen transfers after my singleton was born, were fairly easy and straightforward, but they concluded with one miscarriage and one negative pregnancy. For the 2nd transfer that concluded in a miscarriage, the only thing changed was a endo scratch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
A big weakness with my nurse was that English was not her first language and unfortunately that creates a barrier for us. She didn’t quite understand our questions and concerns to the fullest. She would give us a dictionary definition of the concern but not the real life problem solving answer. So we had to seek much help from our IVF Facebook groups or google. It seems as though she didn’t have much experience in the infertility realm and would just push along the protocols as stated without showing us how to do things. We aren’t nurses in any way shape or form so we asked her if she could draw circles on my back side of where shots should be.... and she looked at us funny and draw tiny circles in the area. They didn’t seem right so I got a second opinion. We went through the steps and motions with her and just consulted with others after we talked with her. She did however, answer emails promptly and did get back to us with results from the Dr when we asked about them. She was very sweet and always smiled.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic is very clean and organized. The staff is usually friendly and knows you by name when you come in. The longest wait time I had for a routine visit was 15 minutes. They get you in fairly quickly and the appointment isn’t too fast or slow. They have magazines and coffee that you can have when waiting.
The costs are pretty average with regards to fertility treatments. Our personal cost was on the lower end due to it being a basic protocol. Cost of IVF procedure, egg retrieval, anesthesia, ICSI, standard labs, one pregnancy test were all in one price and meds were a separate fee.
Our doctor was very weary of transferring more than one embryo. Two was the absolute max he would transfer for us. Our last frozen transfer, we had 3 embryos left and we opted to choose the best two embryos after that thaw to transfer. That transfer ended in a unexplained miscarriage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
One appointment we scheduled for financial counseling and we checked into the clinic with the receptionist. We waited for about 30 minutes before we asked what was going on, receptionist stated that the financial counselor would be with us shortly. 15 minutes later, the counselor confronts us and states that they tried to call me to cancel my appointment about an hour before my appointment. I had my phone right with me and never received a voicemail or anything. I also have an Apple watch so missing a call is very unlikely for me. To make matters worse, she continued to state they called me and that they won’t be able to see me due to the dr. Being on an international call. I understand the reason, but did not understand how this was being held. For her to state that the receptionist was the one who called, yet the receptionist was the one who checked us in???? This was very confusing and maddening to us. They didn’t offer a different day/time at the moment and never called me for a follow up, I had to call them. I also have been sent home with another persons chart and information instead of my own. The financial counselor, comes off very rude unless YOU attempt to make small talk with her. She is very black and white and does not show compassion.
Rancho Cucamonga

after the first egg retrieval...he [Dr. Bradford Kolb] adjusted his calibrations for the second round which improved the egg quality and quantity for the second retrieval. Additionally, by being our Doctor during the latest miscarriage, he has already proposed a sweeping new plan for the next pregnancy, including blood thinners, immuno-suppressants, and hormone regimes...prefers a safe, conservative approach and suggests single transfers. He is open to dual transfers but that would be his upper limit. He was rather blunt on the idea of 3+ transfers.
The clinic [HRC] is bright, well appointed, and very efficient. It tends to be on the busy side and often has multiple patients in the waiting area. Wait times are low if you arrive at your appointment as scheduled; we prefer early mornings and are able to arrive on time for work in a different part of town without much difficulty...Nancy [nurse] has been there every step of the way with us. She's been our hype-woman and has offered to help pick us up when we felt loss. She's been a great advocate for us and works with both partners, not just the patient undergoing treatment. I've been included in the plans of care and she's been careful to make sure I don't feel left out.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Kolb has a great deal of experience and is a calm hand through a difficult process. He is very sensitive to our emotional well-being and has shown concern for our individual journey. He was the practitioner who identified the third miscarriage and I witnessed the moment he realized what had occurred. He briefly was surprised but shifted into a comforting role in the blink of an eye. His own shock was hidden from us and he was present for our heart break. I will always respect him for putting aside his own disappointment in order to care for us as people.
Don't be fooled by the aloof-seeming nature he presents. He takes a bit to open up and is genuinely a good guy. He cares and takes the time to learn about you. He may seem robotic at first but he's a good doctor. Very gentle as well.
While Doctor Kolb can be awkward, he definitely has compassion for his patients. He was very careful following the miscarriage to share information when my wife & I were ready or asked questions. He has a busy practice but our interactions with him are friendly and warm.
Honestly, as the male partner, I wasn't subject to the program my female partner went through. I do know that, after the first egg retrieval (which utilized both oral and injectables), he adjusted his calibrations for the second round which improved the egg quality and quantity for the second retrieval. Additionally, by being our Doctor during the latest miscarriage, he has already proposed a sweeping new plan for the next pregnancy, including blood thinners, immuno-suppressants, and hormone regimes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
Nancy has been there every step of the way with us. She's been our hype-woman and has offered to help pick us up when we felt loss. She's been a great advocate for us and works with both partners, not just the patient undergoing treatment. I've been included in the plans of care and she's been careful to make sure I don't feel left out.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is bright, well appointed, and very efficient. It tends to be on the busy side and often has multiple patients in the waiting area. Wait times are low if you arrive at your appointment as scheduled; we prefer early mornings and are able to arrive on time for work in a different part of town without much difficulty.
The egg retrievals were $2500 a piece, medication (for stimulation) was $2100 per stimulation cycle, and DNC following miscarriage was $500 or so after co-pay.
Dr. Kolb prefers a safe, conservative approach and suggests single transfers. He is open to dual transfers but that would be his upper limit. He was rather blunt on the idea of 3+ transfers.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
It was a simple issue of two patients being given an ultra-sound at roughly the same time. Our nurse (substitute for our normal nurse) read notes for both charts and asked us a question about a clot Dr. Kolb had noticed (which did not occur during our procedure). No patient PII or information was disclosed, so it seemed innocent enough.
Pasadena

Dr Kolb was the first person to look at my labs and say that I might not respond well to too much stimulation. He recommended that my eggs may respond better to lower amount of stimulation. I appreciated that. ... He was very calm and neutral. He did not talk about other topics and stuck to the important things, like my fertility concerns. I don't like mindless chatter and he definitely did not do that. Even though I felt like he was repeating a few things, it was better than if he went off on tangents.
They [Dr. Kolb] were quick to get you in and out for the IUI inseminations. Sometimes I thought they were moving too quick. the Doctor had said that I would need to lay down flat for 15 minutes, but they would come and get me out of the room in 5 minutes. ... They gave me an appointment and didn't put that appointment on the doctor's calendar. They did not place a prescription order in time.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Be ready to get serious. Dr. Kolb is logical like a vulcan. Which I like very much.
Dr Kolb used Follistim 100 IU for my IUI treatment. I had 5 follicles growing and we did inseminations two days in a row.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
The HRC staff are all very nice. The nurse I was assigned sometimes had issues with email communication. Even when she wasn't on vacation I would get auto emails that she was out of the office, which indicated to me that she was not good with details. She is a nice person. She needs to fix her email however. It was very confusing at times what she was saying. Her English was pretty terrible.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They were quick to get you in and out for the IUI inseminations. Sometimes I thought they were moving too quick. the Doctor had said that I would need to lay down flat for 15 minutes, but they would come and get me out of the room in 5 minutes.
the IUI cost $2,200 but the medication was another $1,500.
he is for eSET but he is also very empathetic to the person's needs/wants.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
They gave me an appointment and didn't put that appointment on the doctor's calendar. They did not place a prescription order in time. The office had closed and I had to pick up my Follistim from the office, I thought I was going to have to cancel this cycle.
Pasadena

Dr. Norian from my experience would usually say like over all I’m pleased with the result when he checked my blood works, follicles. I also had a couple of blood work results that were a bit abnormal and he would point it out to me and prescribed me a medication and coach me on lifestyle changes that I needed to do. ... Sometimes or some tests he failed to give me feedback so that’s when I have to initiate and ask him things like what do you think of my husband’s sperm analysis result, how are my follicles responding to the treatment. I am still half way through my IVF process but I am pleased in general with how Dr. Noraian is managing my treatment.
Strengths: -clinic [HRC] is clean -most of the staff are courteous and friendly -wait time when I went for ultrasound/bloodwork was not bad at all Weakness -took me about a month to get a schedule for initial consultation -their main receptionist is not so courteous in person and during phone calls ... Their monitoring is in the mornings. Weekend monitoring is in another branch about about 30 miles away
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian from my experience would usually say like over all I’m pleased with the result when he checked my blood works, follicles. I also had a couple of blood work results that were a bit abnormal and he would point it out to me and prescribed me a medication and coach me on lifestyle changes that I needed to do. He would give feedbacks like that. Sometimes or some tests he failed to give me feedback so that’s when I have to initiate and ask him things like what do you think of my husband’s sperm analysis result, how are my follicles responding to the treatment. I am still half way through my IVF process but I am pleased in general with how Dr. Noraian is managing my treatment.
Do your research in advance if you can because Dr. Norian or even most doctors I think, don’t really give a detailed explanation of everything in the process and if they do you will most probably be overwhelmed while in the clinic. Also make make a list of the questions you might have for Dr. Norian and his team.
I can tell that Dr. Norian is always really busy but he always managed to ask how I am doing. Although always briefly, but he makes it a point to explain his plan of care for me and informs me if my results are good or not.
Birth control pills for about 2 weeks, then injections for about 10 days. Follistim, menopur. Ganirelix was added in the last few days. Trigger shot was lupron. Mood swings, fatigue and mild OHSS towards egg retrieval day and after were the side effects that I experienced.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes. Michelle)
My nurse coordinator always answered my calls and emails promptly. The only thing is she can be sarcastic when I clarify certain things about the treatment that I don’t understand.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strengths: -clinic is clean -most of the staff are courteous and friendly -wait time when I went for ultrasound/bloodwork was not bad at all Weakness -took me about a month to get a schedule for initial consultation -their main receptionist is not so courteous in person and during phone calls
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
$17,000+ including PGS ,ICSI but not including meds and mock IVF

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Each transfer [with Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] has been 2 embryos implanted each time...is very kind and has a soothing bedside manner. He walks you through each step of the procedure as he is doing it. I appreciate his kindness and empathy...I found that sometimes I had to do some research and bring it to him vs. him proactively recommending protocols...I underwent 3 unsuccessful IUIs, followed by 3 egg retrievals. My first transfer was a fresh transfer that resulted in a successful pregnancy but ultimately went into pre-term labor at 5 months which resulted in the loss of our daughter. In our subsequent transfers - we did the endometrial biopsy, hysteroscopy and proceeded with FETs, the current cycle is a long cycle using Depot Lupron for 2 doses rather than the daily Lupron shot.
the financial team [at HRC] certainly has much room for improvement as messaging is inconsistent and they do not have the detail orientation and follow through that I would prefer when spending this amount of money...She [nurse] follows up in a timely manner, and I appreciate that response level. She's also worked with me to receive the best coverage possible as I am paying out of pocket and the costs can get quite high. For example - one dose of Lupron was $1400, and she helped to manage that.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Dr Nelson is a great doctor and very kind throughout the process. I found that sometimes I had to do some research and bring it to him vs. him proactively recommending protocols. The area of improvement is largely with the admin staff - the financial team certainly has much room for improvement as messaging is inconsistent and they do not have the detail orientation and follow through that I would prefer when spending this amount of money.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Do your homework and go in with questions. He will listen and address your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Nelson is very kind and has a soothing bedside manner. He walks you through each step of the procedure as he is doing it. I appreciate his kindness and empathy.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Nelson used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chloe)
She follows up in a timely manner, and I appreciate that response level. She's also worked with me to receive the best coverage possible as I am paying out of pocket and the costs can get quite high. For example - one dose of Lupron was $1400, and she helped to manage that.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The financial team is a weakness, they are not good with follow-through or completing what they have promised you. I have been waiting for some outcomes for weeks without response. It is quite frustrating as a long time patient that has spent so much money with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
Each FET cycle is $3800, Embryo storage is $750, meds per cycle are $500-$1500 per cycle, Egg Retrieval was $10,000
Describe Jeffrey Nelson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Each transfer has been 2 embryos implanted each time
Just delays in results.
Pasadena

I wish that Dr. Norian could have spent some more time explaining things to us. And maybe that will come later during a follow up consultation if this is a failed cycle. ... I think there are somethings we just won’t ever understand about our fertility with DOR and a family history of male infertility on my husband’s side of the family. ... Dr. Norian was super busy, and I didn’t feel like he could spend time with us to answer questions. He was very rushed trying to get through patients.
There were two occasions I sat in the waiting room [HRC] for over an hour because they were behind. It’s tough to put up with this because I was working and had to make up my time at work. So waiting was stressful. I wish they would have notified me to come in a little later and that would have made all the difference. ... The laboratory nurse was pretty good about getting my blood drawn right away.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
I came in already having been treated elsewhere so my diagnosis was done outside of this clinic. I don’t feel that I learned anything new being under his care. He seemed to be a very skilled doctor from the times we met with him. The medical treatment was not unlike our other experiences.
Make sure to have your questions written so that when you get time to talk to the doctor you will not forget what you wanted to ask.
We did Gonal F 225mg and Menopur 225mg-300mg for 9 days. Novarel on day 10 and Cetrotide for 5 days. Doxycline a day before the retrieval for 5 days. We started a few meds a day after egg retrieval that included progesterone in oil, endometrin, estradiol, Medrol dose pack. I would have liked a rationale for using this protocol from the doctor but mostly the nurse would just tell me what we were doing with not too much explanation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Deanne)
Deanne spent most of the time of our visit with us explaining medication and appointments. She also seemed to be rushed. I made about two phone calls to her and the call went to voice mail each time. It was best to communicate with her via email. The laboratory nurse was pretty good about getting my blood drawn right away.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I believe that this clinic does a fantastic job at what they do. I feel that our setbacks are because of our diagnosis or lack therefore. I think there are somethings we just won’t ever understand about our fertility with DOR and a family history of male infertility on my husband’s side of the family. There are just some people that have a higher success rate than we do. I wish that Dr. Norian could have spent some more time explaining things to us. And maybe that will come later during a follow up consultation if this is a failed cycle. Another weakness is that the clinic is so busy. There were two occasions I sat in the waiting room for over an hour because they were behind. It’s tough to put up with this because I was working and had to make up my time at work. So waiting was stressful. I wish they would have notified me to come in a little later and that would have made all the difference.
Procedure was like $12k. Medication was about $6k.
Rancho Cucamonga
Initially she [Dr. Alison Peck] was thorough and supportive but we found out that despite Pgd testing I had an embryo with dmd because apparently both my X chromosomes were affected which we didn’t know before so eventually had to abort. After this we felt her attitude changed and practically refused to do another transfer. This made us feel like a failed statistic which was disappointing after the great treatment before that. She has very limited knowledge and understanding of genetics. These days she has completely changed her tone with us which has really brought my hopes down about being able to have a baby.
Lots of different costs [at HRC] that you don’t get clarity on and extra costs that apparently are out of pocket that you get surprised with. Billing Dept always seemed to be confused...I think the finance Dept has too many complicated paperwork and it’s impossible to understand the costings. The rest of the staff are easy. The nursing staff are great. The acupuncturist is great. It is a very diverse clinic. They have a lot of tests and the process has many steps.
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Initially she was thorough and supportive but we found out that despite Pgd testing I had an embryo with dmd because apparently both my X chromosomes were affected which we didn’t know before so eventually had to abort. After this we felt her attitude changed and practically refused to do another transfer. This made us feel like a failed statistic which was disappointing after the great treatment before that. She has very limited knowledge and understanding of genetics. These days she has completely changed her tone with us which has really brought my hopes down about being able to have a baby.
I don’t have any since each case is different
The nurses and staff were friendly
I can’t remember all the technicals but dr peck put me on the pill and then regulated the timings and medications accordingly. During this period I came in for regular blood tests and had a few acupuncture sessions. She checked my uterus regularly. The general treatment was good. I had the karyotype testing done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberley )
The care staff and Kimberley are excellent. Kimberley is really warm and responds very quickly on email.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Lots of different costs that you don’t get clarity on and extra costs that apparently are out of pocket that you get surprised with. Billing Dept always seemed to be confused.
Encino

We retrieved a good number of eggs, but unfortunately my quality was not great and we did not have many embryos at the end of the wait. [Dr. Daniel Potter] is adjusting my protocol accordingly and we hope to have a better result this next cycle...I feel that Potter’s bedside manner is not warm. He is often late to appointments. But for me, I personally don’t want to be coddled. I like that when I ask him questions he gives me the answer and the WHY.
[HRC is] Incredibly clean, the staff is friendly and timely, and they have their own lab which I like. As for weaknesses, I don’t have much to share in that regard since I’m still in treatment. Nothing jumps out at me thus far...HRC does things differently and you don’t see or talk with [your doctor] much. But I love my coordinator and feel that HRC has a great lab and doctors...Natalija [nurse] is great. She always takes the time to make me feel better and understand the reason for her answers.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
We retrieved a good number of eggs, but unfortunately my quality was not great and we did not have many embryos at the end of the wait. Potter is adjusting my protocol accordingly and we hope to have a better result this next cycle.
If you need to be coddled or have strict times in and out of appointments, he may not be for you. HRC does things differently and you don’t see or talk with Potter much. But I love my coordinator and feel that HRC has a great lab and doctors.
My first retrieval was a microdose flare protocol. My body over reacted to that protocol. My next will be a long lupron cycle with added growth hormone. The hope is for longer and more controlled suppression and growth hormone to assist with quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija)
Natalija is great. She always takes the time to make me feel better and understand the reason for her answers.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
It was simply for my birth control. The clinic didn’t call in the prescription. But once I told them they immediately fixed it.
Newport Beach

Dr. Norian took time to explain treatment options and seemed to genuinely care about our outcome. ... Dr. Norian was very knowledgeable, professional, and kind. He changed treatment plans when necessary and consulted with other doctors when necessary. ... Dr. Norian was willing to transfer two embryos, but no more, per cycle as long the risk of multiples was understood.
Be prepared to wait well beyond your appointment time. The clinic [HRC] is very busy and even though you have an appointment with one doctor and two exam rooms they get behind fast. ... The clinic preferred a certain pharmacy but we used the pharmacy through our insurance to save money. ... Deanne was very compassionate and knowledgeable. She was very busy though and at times replies to emails and voicemails wasn’t prompt.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian was very knowledgeable, professional, and kind. He changed treatment plans when necessary and consulted with other doctors when necessary. He seemed to genuinely care about the outcomes of our cycles.
Ask questions to be clear on treatment plans and procedures.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Be prepared to wait well beyond your appointment time. The clinic is very busy and even though you have an appointment with one doctor and two exam rooms they get behind fast. Make your appointments for first thing in the morning and be early. Also pay attention to the patients who came in after you to make sure they don’t get called first. We were skipped over a few times making our wait even longer.
Our egg retrieval without ICSI and one transfer was around $9000 not including medications. Each transfer after was $3500. The clinic preferred a certain pharmacy but we used the pharmacy through our insurance to save money.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
My experience with Dr Norian was pleasant. His office [HRC] is very busy. He is nice though. ... Dr Norian sometimes appears too rushed in his busy schedule. However when he is with you he does seem genuine and caring. ... I believe him to have a high level of skill and education. You do have to go to a different office for procedures. ... They have a very cookie cutter approach to how they like to do their cycles. ...
They [HRC] have a very cookie cutter approach to how they like to do their cycles. ... All of the people are friendly from the front desk to financial etc. You have to be your own advocate so don’t be afraid to speak up and ask questions. ... I had a lab value that was low that was failed to be reported. ... My last round I did not feel the LVN was on top of her game in the way I would have wanted.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
My experience with Dr Norian was pleasant. His office is very busy. He is nice though. I believe him to have a high level of skill and education. You do have to go to a different office for procedures. However that office is beautiful and it’s nice not to have to drive far for everything. Your routine appointments will all be done at the Rancho office.
Make sure you think about any questions you have ahead of time and make sure to get them answered. Don’t let the flow of the office overwhelm you.
I don’t exactly recall. They have a very cookie cutter approach to how they like to do their cycles. If you like what they offer great. If you don’t. Go somewhere else.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: She no longer works there)
My last round I did not feel the LVN was on top of her game in the way I would have wanted. This time I have a new coordinator and am hoping for a better experience.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic itself is a nice new clean environment. All of the people are friendly from the front desk to financial etc. You have to be your own advocate so don’t be afraid to speak up and ask questions.
Around 6-7k for an embryo transfer
Dr Norian will choose what’s best for you. He is agreeable to listen to your thoughts on it too however.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
I had a lab value that was low that was failed to be reported.

2019, Consult
I had a consultation with [Dr. Bradford Kolb]. He was not harsh in his delivery as he presented the facts and explained the IVF process. He was thorough in his explanation and kept me informed on what he saw during the ultrasound. He was neither too positive or negative but his overall approach was kind...He's going to present the facts and give you the information you need to make a decision on moving forward in the IVF process.
During my consultation everyone I encountered [at HRC] was very kind and patient. They were very thorough in their explanations...HRC in Pasadena has a calming atmosphere. As you approach the elevator there is a sign requesting that children stay on the first floor as it may be hard for patients to be around children. The lobby is very fancy and plays upbeat music. It is not a clinical environment. They have gone to great lengths to create a home like setting. It does have a calming affect. Coffee and water are provided. The receptionist is very friendly.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
I had a consultation with Dr. Kolb. He was not harsh in his delivery as he presented the facts and explained the IVF process. He was thorough in his explanation and kept me informed on what he saw during the ultrasound. He was neither too positive or negative but his overall approach was kind.
Dr. Kolb was matter of fact in his delivery neither too positive or negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Josephine Lai)
During my consultation everyone I encountered was very kind and patient. They were very thorough in their explanations.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
My insurance does not cover the costs of IVF. I went in for a consultation and should expect to pay about $23,000 for an IVF and genetic testing of the eggs.
Pasadena
He [Dr. Potter] is knowledgeable and clearly accomplishe din the field. that is why ppl go to him but i do think his bedside manner and level of involement could b ebetter. you do feel like the staff do everything and he does one or two things and that is it. plus i wanted to know about other options before ivf but he kept insisting ivf and he could have gone through that withme.
It is nice and clean and staff [HRC] is helpful. Definitely be proactive and organized as you need to follow up with them and also know that doctors are very booked so it is hard getting an appointment. The nurses do help in setting up your schedule but dealing with insurance is a headache so make sure you know your insurance process. the testing and diagnostics were good and clean but sometimes i felt i had to ask the questions from lab techs to know what was going on.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He is knowledgeable and clearly accomplishe din the field. that is why ppl go to him but i do think his bedside manner and level of involement could b ebetter. you do feel like the staff do everything and he does one or two things and that is it. plus i wanted to know about other options before ivf but he kept insisting ivf and he could have gone through that withme.
Ask questions and know what you want
It was very dry and basic overview, i felt it was more he could make IVF work and be a part of statistics of success rate but it wasn't very personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalijia Matic )
Natalia nd Stephanie were helpful and great. I was very organized and on top of it but i felt they answered and supported me.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It is nice and clean and staff is helpful. Definitely be proactive and organized as you need to follow up with them and also know that doctors are very booked so it is hard getting an appointment. The nurses do help in setting up your schedule but dealing with insurance is a headache so make sure you know your insurance process. the testing and diagnostics were good and clean but sometimes i felt i had to ask the questions from lab techs to know what was going on.
Newport Beach

Dr. Norian has always been very friendly and professional. Always made my husband and I feel very comfortable...when he says he'll call us, he does...The one negative thing I can say about Dr. Norian is that he is always VERY busy. So sometimes when we are seeing him he is trying to get off to another patient, which makes it a little uncomfortable when you're asking a lot of questions, since my husband and I are fertility newbies. Overall, I really like Dr. Norian, which is why we continue to see him.
conflicting information was provided to us [by at nurse at HRC], but was immediately corrected. There was a time when perscriptions weren't called in, but it didn't effect my treatment, just the price, unfortunately...Strengths include cleanliness. Weakness is that on some days, although your appointment is at 9 am, you won't be getting out of the clinic until 1030 or 11. This is due to how busy the clinic is. It makes it difficult to plan for when you have to take time off of work to make these morning appointments.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian has been very helpful. Although our IUI attempts haven't been successful, we continue to go to him because we're confident in his work. He is always very friendly and when he says he'll call us, he does, which makes us feel very comfortable with him. The one negative thing I can say about Dr. Norian is that he is always VERY busy. So sometimes when we are seeing him he is trying to get off to another patient, which makes it a little uncomfortable when you're asking a lot of questions, since my husband and I are fertility newbies. Overall, I really like Dr. Norian, which is why we continue to see him.
Be prepared to wait past the time of your appointment.
Dr. Norian recommended two IUI attempts. If neither was successful, we would do IVF, which is what we are currently doing.
I have a different coordinator for IVF, but am reviewing the coordinator I had for IUI. Michelle was very friendly. Unfortunately, she was difficult to understand while on the phone, in person, and though email. The language barrier was too difficult to overcome. She was very nice though. All the nursing staff at this clinic have been very friendly and compassionate.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
IUI attempt -- $2000 IUI meds -- ~$500 IVF attempt (insurance coverage included) -- ~$4000 IVF Medications (some medication covered by insurance) -- ~$5000 PGS -- $5500
Dr. Norian is always on the side for Singleton births, it seems. But always discusses with his patients their thoughts.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Due to the language barrier with one of the nurses, conflicting information was provided to us, but was immediately corrected. There was a time when perscriptions weren't called in, but it didn't effect my treatment, just the price, unfortunately.

2013 - 2018, Successful
I think the biggest weakness is the number of patients Dr. Neslon treats now. When we first started seeing him it seemed it was easier to make appointments and their was more flexibility and availability...That being said, he will go out of his way to book Saturday appointments...We had male infertility. We used ICSI with IVF...He always makes me feel like a person with valid feelings and concerns. I like his personality. He always seems to remember details about our everyday life
A few years ago when we first started treatment they had a strict policy about not allowing children especially babies to the clinic. That was great while I was childless at the time and going through so many different feelings related to infertility...All of the cycle treatment appointments were under the IVF or embryo transfer bills. There was no seperate bills if needing extra appointment....The lobby room is huge
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
I think the biggest weakness is the number of patients Dr. Neslon treats now. When we first started seeing him it seemed it was easier to make appointments and their was more flexibility and availability. 2 years ago it seemed as if it was harder to book an appointment. That being said, he will go out of his way to book Saturday appointments if needed for the best treatment plan for your body.
He his knowledgable about infertility and comes with years of experience.
He always makes me feel like a person with valid feelings and concerns. I like his personality. He always seems to remember details about our everyday life not related to infertility. He connects with his patients and spouses.
We had male infertility. We used ICSI with IVF with a fresh transfer the first time. With the second transfer we did a frozen transfer. We used typical IVF treatment and adjusted medicines based upon my levels since infertility was not female related. We have used 2 eggs every time because of my age and the high number of embryos created.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
A few years ago when we first started treatment they had a strict policy about not allowing children especially babies to the clinic. That was great while I was childless at the time and going through so many different feelings related to infertility. I was disheartened to see that this changed during my last cycle. The lobby room is huge and has space for all of their patients.
Yes, we were educated about the number used and the reasoning. We also, were informed that if something happened to one of the 2 embryos during unfreezing they would unfreeze another 2 and transfer 3 in that case or however many survived. That they would rather transfer 2 then just one. Again, BC i have a high number of embryos.