6.8

Westlake Village, CA 91361
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Norian is very kind and is a good communicator. He likes to use drawings to explain things which is very helpful especially to someone like me because I am a visual learner. He is always in a good mood. He is compassionate but also straight forward and easy to understand...He took my concerns to heart and started with blood work, ultrasounds, hsg, along with semen analysis for my husband.
The nursing staff at HRC is very friendly and caring...always flexible for their patients and always seem to make time for spontaneous calls or appointments...very patient with me by explaining things thoroughly...I like that they have a sign up asking people to please be mindful and not bring children in...There is plenty of parking space...It is always very clean and organized. The receptionists are very sweet and friendly.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian is very kind and is a good communicator. He likes to use drawings to explain things which is very helpful especially to someone like me because I am a visual learner. He is always in a good mood. He is compassionate but also straight forward and easy to understand. I have never felt pressured or afraid to ask questions. I feel that he welcomes questions and truly listens to understand me. He is not a pushy doctor which I appreciate although I do feel that sometimes it is necessary to be a little more aggressive. Every visit is personal to him and he takes time to get to know his clients. I have always felt like he genuinely cares about my concerns and he tailors his solutions to me personally.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Do not be afraid to ask questions. Infertility and all that comes with it can be confusing and it is okay to feel like you need more information or clarification. Dr Norian does not shy away from the difficult or repeat questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian and his staff remembered me by name from the beginning. Dr. Norian is very personal and even remembers small details like my employment and activities I have mentioned at previous appointments. It's like he remembers every conversation we've had. He also shares his own personal experiences and talks about his family. He is always kind.
Describe the protocols John Norian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
When I met Dr. Norian I let him know that I could not afford IVF just yet and that I was most concerned with learning why I was struggling to conceive. He took my concerns to heart and started with blood work, ultrasounds, hsg, along with semen analysis for my husband. He diagnosed me with mild pcos, anovulatory cycles, and some male factor infertility (low motility and low morphology). I was happy to learn after HSG that I did not have Fallopian tube blockages. He first suggested a healthy diet change and adding vitamins to help with hormone balances for my husband and I. After changing our diets the semen analysis was much better than before although still a little low on morphology and motility, but good enough to start with a medicated IUI. I was prescribed Menopur, Pregnyl, Clomid, to make sure that I would ovulate and Progesterone, for after the IUI. I had multiple vaginal ultrasounds to monitor while on pills and injections. I was thankful for the ultrasounds to monitor because he checks for progress and makes sure you are not overreacting to the medication. When I had good sized follicles, we scheduled IUI. He completed another ultrasound and then the IUI, which was very quick and painless. I then started the progesterone and was told to take well into pregnancy if successful or to stop it if I got my period. Unfortunately right at the 28th day of my cycle I got my period, which meant my IUI failed. Dr. Norian scheduled a follow up with me to discuss our next steps. Since I did react positively to the treatment and the SA showed strong count and improvement in morphology and motility, Dr. Norian recommended we continue with a few more rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
The nursing staff at HRC is very friendly and caring. Michelle and the other nurses are always flexible for their patients and always seem to make time for spontaneous calls or appointments. Michelle is humble and patient. When I started my first IUI I had lots of questions many of which were repetitive and she was very patient with me by explaining things thoroughly. I can get a hold of her via phone at the office or email (which she is very good at staying on top of even on the weekends). When I've had hard days she has talked to me with compassion. She is a great nurse but could improve on organization. There has been a couple of times where she has forgotten to give me information but she always catches it and reaches out to me within a timely manner.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very easy to access and is located in a nice area in Rancho Cucamonga. There is plenty of parking space and it is the first office to the left when walking into the building. It is always very clean and organized. The receptionists are very sweet and friendly. The waiting area has plenty of space and many chairs. They always have water, coffee and candy available. My husband loves that they have a Keurig. I like that they have a sign up asking people to please be mindful and not bring children in. In the waiting area they also have a TV and magazines to help with the wait time, although they are very punctual and the wait times are not very long as long as you have an appointment. When you walk into the patient area the walls are nicely decorated with positive messages which give a very warm feeling. They also have 2 very clean and big restrooms where they have complimentary pads and tampons. They have separate conference rooms for discussions with your nurse and doctor apart from the area where they do ultrasounds and treatments. I also like that the conference rooms have bookshelves with informational books on fertility and health.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
The very first time I had IUI my nurse told me she would order my medications, have them delivered to the clinic and would let me know when to pick them up. I called a couple of days before I was to start the medications to ask if I could pick them up and she proceeded to tell me that I was supposed to have called and ordered them via phone and have them delivered to my house. I explained to her that this is not what she had told me at our appointment. She apologized and gave me the emergency number to call and order the medications. Luckily I was able to get them ordered and delivered on time. She since done a better job and has not made this mistake again.
Rancho Cucamonga

Of the 23 retrieved 17 were mature, 16 fertilized through ICSI, 11 made it to day 5 blasts, and 7 tested PGS normal [with Dr. Michael Feinman]...After our failed transfer Dr. Feinman recommended we do an ERA...showed that my body needed to transfer an embryo slightly later than most women. After the ERA Feinman performed another FET which was successful and we are now pregnant with our little miracle...He felt that transferring multiple would only increase our odds of having multiples and wouldn't significantly increase our odds for successful transfer.
Traditional IVF [at HRC] $9600 Military IVF Pricing...$5600 Natural/Mini IVF Cycle: $6400...Most of my appointments took place at HRC Westlake, however there were also several times I needed to be at the Encino location...They are very friendly and warm and make sure to greet you when you walk into the office...Parking is not free and HRC Encino will not validate your parking. The RSA surgery center is phenomenal and the staff there is top notch and very friendly...She [nurse] was very friendly, kind, and helpful. She took her time to answer all of my questions and act as a liaison between Dr. Feinman and myself whenever I had a question that would come up. She always answered the phone and quickly returned emails. She also performed all my blood draws. I
How was your experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
At our first consultation Dr. Feinman was very straightforward, no nonsense, and felt a little rough around the edges. He was blunt about our situation and didn't offer a lot of compassion but he also seemed very confident and sure of himself and his suggested course of treatment. He answered all the questions we had very directly and matter of factly. The thing that stood out the most to us in our initial consultation was his suggestion to try FSH for my husband's NOA. We had asked previous doctors about FSH after doing our own research, but they each had told us we didn't need it. We decided that successful treatment was more important than a warm and fuzzy physician and moved forward with Dr. Feinman. Dr. Feinman was able to get my husband's sperm count up by 40x within 30 days, something we had been unable to accomplish with 3 previous doctors. After this achievement we were candidates for IVF. Feinman had standard diagnostic procedures he wanted to do prior to IVF starting. I was a bit hesitant because we knew we had male factor and I didn't want to spend unnecessary money on procedures for myself however Feinman insisted that we rule out any other unknown issues. I am so thankful for his insistence because we ended up finding I had a partial septum during and HSG procedure. Feinman performed the HSG as well as the hysteroscopy to remove my septum, the recovery was flawless and everything went smoothly. We moved forward with injections for egg retrieval but I didn't respond well enough and the cycle was cancelled/converted to timed intercourse. TI failed and the following cycle we started again for egg retrieval with a slightly different medication protocol. Dr. Feinman was present for every monitoring appointment, performed every ultrasound, and also performed the egg retrieval. This time it was successful and we got 23 eggs! We ended up with 11 embryos which we PGS tested - leaving us with 7 normal embryos which we froze. Our first frozen embryo transfer was also performed by Dr. Feinman but it failed. Following the failure Dr. Feinman performed an ERA which showed that my body needed to transfer an embryo slightly later than most women. After the ERA Feinman performed another FET which was successful and we are now pregnant with our little miracle. Overall, Dr. Feinman is an excellent doctor that is very knowledgeable in the field of Reproductive Endocrinology. he has a no-nonsense approach that may feel compassionless but as we got to know him we learned that he cared very much about us and our outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
Ask lots of questions. Dr. Feinman doesn't explain the reasoning or science behind many of the procedures or protocols he implements, however if you ask him questions he will answer them and explain to you what you want to know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Feinman took a while to warm up, our first consultation appointment he was very direct, straightforward, and slightly cold but also told us exactly what he knew we needed to do. As time went on we built a warmer relationship and his bedside manner softened up, he began to really take an interest in us as a couple and would share personal anecdotes and get excited for us at each next step.
Describe the protocols Michael Feinman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
For my first egg retrieval Dr. Feinman put me on 225mg Gonal-F and 5mg HCG daily, after about 8 days we added in a Ganirelix injection nightly. After 10 days I wasn't responding well and only had 3-4 follicles developing appropriately. So on night 10 we triggered with a large HCG injection and had timed intercourse 48 hrs later. This attempt did not result in pregnancy. The second egg retrieval cycle we upped the Gonal-F to 300 mg daily and continued with the 5 mg HCG, we also added in 5 mg daily of clomid for the first 5 days then after about 12 of stims we added in Ganirelix daily. This resulted in an egg retrieval where we got 23 eggs retrieved. Of the 23 retrieved 17 were mature, 16 fertilized through ICSI, 11 made it to day 5 blasts, and 7 tested PGS normal. For our first transfer the protocol was 3 2mg estrogen pills a day for 3 weeks (I was travelling in Europe so I was taking estrogen the whole time until I could get back home for the transfer). After baseline blood work I took a .5cc injection of Progesterone in Oil in the morning and a 400 mg progesterone vaginal insert at night for 5 days. On the 6th day we did our frozen embryo transfer and continued with the progesterone until blood work on day 14 which showed I wasn't pregnant and the transfer had failed. After our failed transfer Dr. Feinman recommended we do an ERA. The Progesterone inserts had irritated my vagina so I was permitted to do a 1cc injection of Progesterone in OIl daily instead. For the ERA I took 3 pills of 2 mg of estrogen a day for 14 days, then after blood work I started the 1cc PIO injections. PIO went on for 5 days and on the 6th day the ERA biopsy was performed. The ERA showed that I needed an extra day of injections before transfer. For our second transfer we used the same protocol as the ERA andand transferred after 6 days of PIO instead of 5. The transfer was successful! I took the estrogen pills 3x a day until I was 8 weeks pregnant and continued the PIO injections until I was 10 weeks pregnant. I went in for weekly ultrasounds and bloodwork with Dr. Feinman until I was 10 weeks pregnant when I "graduated" to my regular OB.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dulce Ramirez)
Dulce was my assigned nurse coordinator at HRC Westlake with Dr. Feinman. She was very friendly, kind, and helpful. She took her time to answer all of my questions and act as a liaison between Dr. Feinman and myself whenever I had a question that would come up. She always answered the phone and quickly returned emails. She also performed all my blood draws. I was originally working with Dr. Feinman out of the HRC Encino office and was paired with another nurse coordinator named Josette. Josette failed to return calls, took 3 days to respond to emails, and even forgot to schedule/inform me necessary labs prior to my surgery. After having a difficult experience with Josette I transitioned to working with Dulce instead and it was night and day! I could have stayed at the Encino office and worked with Dulce remotely but I preferred to move offices and avoid Josette entirely. I am so happy that we made this choice because Dulce was fantastic and made me feel so taken care of.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Dr. Feinman works out of two main clinics - HRC Encino and HRC Westlake. Most of my appointments took place at HRC Westlake, however there were also several times I needed to be at the Encino location. HRC Westlake is a smaller office with about 4-5 exam rooms, a small waiting room, and Dr. Feinman's office. The office is a bit dated but offers everything you need for regular visits (ultrasounds, ERAs, blood work, consultations, etc.) however they are not equipped for procedures like HSG, hysteroscopy, and embryo transfer. Those surgical type procedures require you go to the Encino location where they have a designated surgery center (called RSA). The staff at HRC Westlake is phenomenal. They are very friendly and warm and make sure to greet you when you walk into the office. Even though Westlake was farther from my house than Encino I far preferred to go to the Westlake location for my appointments. HRC Encino is a larger facility and is very modernized in terms of decor. They have a large waiting room, over 10 exam rooms, consultation roms, offices, a separate payment department, and a designated surgery center (RSA). The staff at the Encino location is much colder and less friendly. The privacy partitions are always shut at the reception desk which blocks your ability to see/speak with the front desk staff. Parking is not free and HRC Encino will not validate your parking. The RSA surgery center is phenomenal and the staff there is top notch and very friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility.
Traditional IVF (office visits, ultrasounds, labs, egg retrieval, creation of embryos): $9600 Military IVF Pricing: $5600 Natural/Mini IVF Cycle: $6400 ICSI: $1700 Frozen Embryo Transfer (w/ Assisted Hatching): $3800 PGD/PGS Embryo Testing - up to 12 embryos: $5300 PGD/PGS for each embryo after 12: $250 Embryo Freezing: $800/year
Describe Michael Feinman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Before transfer I had read extensively about the outcomes of single transfers vs. multiple embryo transfers on Fertility IQ. We had PGS tested our embryos. Dr. Feinman agreed with the information on Fertility IQ, that someone my age (30) with PGS normal embryos had no reason to transfer more than one at a time. He felt that transferring multiple would only increase our odds of having multiples and wouldn't significantly increase our odds for successful transfer.
Michael Feinman
Westlake Village

I asked [Dr. Jane Frederick] about transfering 2 embryos however she was very specific based on my age and previous miscarriage she would only transfer one...was very helpful in understanding what was going on with us and also made sure to go over everything with us. I never felt like a number with her and she really cared for us...She would answer emails very quickly and was very responsive even outside business hours. We will be starting another round soon and she has been very helpful with explaining what will change and what we can do on top of the meds.
Liz was my coordinator for the retreival and Michelle was my coordinator for the transfer [at HRC]. Words can't describe how amazing they both are. So friendly, compassionate and polite. They helped answer any dumb questions that I had and we're just amazing!!...Retreival $21,500 +$3,000 retreival medicine (we had the embryos tested PGD and PGS) Transfer $3,800 + $1,000 transfer meds...HRC had everything down to a science. Blood work, scans and meetings all take place upstairs and the retreival and transfer are downstairs. They do their best to always make sure you are very comfortable!
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
The first meeting with Dr. Frederick she was really knowledgeable and asked us to get genetic testing. As soon as we got results it actually changed our plans. We then started IVF and she was there doing everything with us. She would answer emails very quickly and was very responsive even outside business hours. We will be starting another round soon and she has been very helpful with explaining what will change and what we can do on top of the meds.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
She is a bit blunt but I am a fan of that when it comes to medical. I want someone to tell me how it is. If you need something a bit more sugar coated then she may not be for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Dr Frederick was very helpful in understanding what was going on with us and also made sure to go over everything with us. I never felt like a number with her and she really cared for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Liz and Michelle)
Liz was my coordinator for the retreival and Michelle was my coordinator for the transfer. Words can't describe how amazing they both are. So friendly, compassionate and polite. They helped answer any dumb questions that I had and we're just amazing!!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility.
Describe Jane Frederick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
I asked about transfering 2 embryos however she was very specific based on my age and previous miscarriage she would only transfer one.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Chavkin was compassionate and also realistic...She is nurturing and attentive. She truly cares about her patients. It was amazing seeing her every appointment (as opposed to a nurse or tech). It took us 3 retrievals and Dr. Chavkin was honest while keeping us motivated every step of the way. Dr. Chavkin is brilliant and took time to answer all questions...She herself has been through IVF; and perhaps because of her personal experience her empathy was felt every step of the way....
The nurse(s) at HRC were amazing. I saw the same one each visit and she managed my case in terms of communicating medication changes, etc. The office staff were organized...The clinic was great. Highly organized and kind. The lab- which is super important in this process has amazing reviews. During procedures at the Encino location- everyone was really kind and the surgeries felt as positive as they could be because of the care of the nurses, staff, etc...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
I loved Dr. Chavkin. She is nurturing and attentive. She truly cares about her patients. It was amazing seeing her every appointment (as opposed to a nurse or tech). It took us 3 retrievals and Dr. Chavkin was honest while keeping us motivated every step of the way. Dr. Chavkin is brilliant and took time to answer all questions. Initially I was using a practice in Florida. The doctors were very hard to get in touch with. I never had this issue with Dr. Chavkin.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
If you are above 40 (I am pregnant at 42), the process may be longer then you think. Dr. Chavkin shares all of the facts and it is easy to white out what you don’t want to hear about age; but going in knowing that it may take more then one egg retrieval to create chromosomally normal embryos will help with all of the psychological stuff that comes with fertility issues.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was compassionate and also realistic. She herself has been through IVF; and perhaps because of her personal experience her empathy was felt every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Joanna)
I left a different fertility practice due to the nurses being poor communicators and the office staff being extremely unorganized. The nurse(s) at HRC were amazing. I saw the same one each visit and she managed my case in terms of communicating medication changes, etc. The office staff were organized.
Diana Chavkin

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
I really love that everything is in one office here [at HRC Fertility]. I would say the only slight weakness was the response time from billing. They did get back to us and after that one time we haven’t had problems since...The staff has been so helpful and our nurse Ariana is absolutely amazing. She answers every question and had a super quick response time...
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
I was very hesitant to switch clinics because we were very comfortable where we were at but we felt like we weren’t getting any where and we never saw the same dr at that office. After switching to Dr. Alison Peck it was a huge sigh of relief because I felt like we had someone who was really rooting for us. Our consultation was pretty basic just getting all of the information down but from there we saw her at every appointment. She was very detailed in everything she saw in ultrasounds, possible risks and just making sure we had all the information needed to make each decision moving forward. We are doing reciprocal ivf so my wife went through the egg retrieval. It went really well and Dr. Peck even held my wife’s hand going into the procedure! I don’t know any Dr who would provide that type care and compassion to an overwhelming situation like that. It was very much appreciated. We are still in the middle of a cycle but I tell my wife after almost every appointment that I am so glad we switched clinics.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Even if you think of some after the appointment. She is really good at painting a whole picture and not just sugar coating things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
She took the time to get to know us and what our goals were.
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
After our baseline blood work we started meds for my wife’s egg retrieval. As we went in for the blood work and ultrasounds leading up to the retrieval she changed the dose of menopur and one other to help us get the most out of our retrieval
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ariana)
The staff has been so helpful and our nurse Ariana is absolutely amazing. She answers every question and had a super quick response time. She has never made me feel like any of my questions were stupid and even follows up after appointments or procedures just to see how we are doing. I feel so lucky to have these 2 people on our team as we try and have the family we have been trying so hard for.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I really love that everything is in one office here. I would say the only slight weakness was the response time from billing. They did get back to us and after that one time we haven’t had problems since.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.
Our egg retrieval with medication was about $18,000. I don’t remember exactly the amount of genetic testing but all together I think it was around $24,000 including the transfer. Give it take a little
Describe Alison Peck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
After we had our embryos genetically tested we only had one normal embryo but if I remember correctly she was open to transferring more than one embryo. We just haven’t reached that point yet.

2020 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Coffler is thorough and kind. He is always available to answer as many questions as we have and explains treatment and processes well. I have always felt that he really cares about us and wants us to be successful in starting our family. I’m confident that he has our best interest in mind. We have experienced many set backs in our journey and I appreciate that he is always honest with us about what we are dealing with and what our options are. We have not been successful yet but have chosen to remain with HRC, and Dr. Coffler specifically because he has provided excellent patient care.
I really like HRC. I appreciate the kindness we have experienced and the level of patient care is great. I like that they have multiple locations and many RE’s- it gives me comfort that there is a network of doctors vs just one doctor working solo without input from other professionals...There were a few instances where my lab orders weren’t called in until I followed up, or medicine orders weren’t sent until I followed up. Ultimately, the clinic staff seemed very busy which is what I attributed these things to.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
He is busy, but don’t be afraid to ask questions. He never rushes us, but sometimes I would hesitate to ask questions because I didn’t want to take up his time. As I have been a patient for more time, I have learned to advocate and ask clarifying questions if needed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Coffler worked with my husband and I through two very difficult failed transfer cycles. He was always honest with us about our options and didn’t hide his disappointment over the result we experienced. This truly made us feel like he cared and really wanted a positive outcome for us.
Describe the protocols Mickey Coffler used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I have completed 2 transfer cycles with donated embryos. I did a sonohystogram before the first transfer, and a mock cycle. For my transfer protocols, I was on lupron for 10 days leading up to the cycle, then started PIO shots 5-6 days before transfer (and after transfer). I was also on apsirin daily, and took progesterone suppositories after the transfers. I took estradiol orally for the first transfer and via injection for the second transfer. Our embryos were tested and graded well but neither resulted in successful pregnancies.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility.
Each transfer cycle was around $12,000, but that included the cost of the donated embryo as well as the transfer. That process was handled via an outside agency and was not paid directly to HRC. Now, we are preparing for a full IVF cycle which will be about $30k (egg retrieval, testing, transfer, etc).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
There were a few instances where my lab orders weren’t called in until I followed up, or medicine orders weren’t sent until I followed up. Ultimately, the clinic staff seemed very busy which is what I attributed these things to. None of what I experienced was a big concern, and it never impacted me or my treatment cycle negatively.

2021, Successful
Dr. Norian uses his education and experience to craft a personalized plan for every patient. I never felt as if I was receiving a "cookie cutter" treatment plan with him...throughout my treatment, Dr. Norian would call me personally to give me updates and discuss the next steps in my treatment...He is very "hands on" and performs every procedure personally....
The clinic at HRC in Rancho Cucamonga is small, but cozy. Booking appointments was easy, and they were always able to get me in quickly, and during a convenient time for my schedule. The staff runs the clinic with smooth efficiency...I received very detailed cost breakdowns of the different packages and payment options that they had available....
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian is everything you could hope for in a doctor. He is personable, involved, caring, and highly intelligent. He is very "hands on" and performs every procedure personally. He cares about his patients and uses his expertise to assist them with their reproductive needs. On a more personal level, I came to Dr. Norian with high hopes, despite my age. After researching, reading reviews, and even several consultations with different doctors, I decided Dr. Norian was my best chance of conceiving. I am so pleased to report that my trust was not misplaced, because I am currently pregnant after one egg retrieval, and one embryo transfer. I highly recommend Dr. John Norian and HRC.
Do your research, but ultimately, listen to Dr. Norian. This is his life's work, and he knows what he is doing.
Dr. Norian uses his education and experience to craft a personalized plan for every patient. I never felt as if I was receiving a "cookie cutter" treatment plan with him. My original consultation took place by phone, and also over zoom, and it lasted about an hour. He explained everything to my satisfaction and didn't make me feel as if he was in a rush. Additionally, throughout my treatment, Dr. Norian would call me personally to give me updates and discuss the next steps in my treatment.
For my egg retrieval, I had 5-6 follicles at baseline. I started out with 225iu of both Follistim and Menopur. On the third day, I added .25mL of Omnitrope. After my second monitoring ultrasound on day six, my dosage of Menopur was increased to 300iu. I believe I started Ganirelix on day six. All meds continued until day 11, and I triggered with HCG on day 12, with my ER the following day. I had ten follicles at my last monitoring appointment on day eight. However, I was pleasantly surprised when 14 eggs were retrieved. Nine eggs were mature, six were fertilized successfully with ICSI, and five made it to blast by day seven. After a short wait of about a week, I received the phone call saying that one of my blastocysts was normal and approved for transfer! Because I only had one chance, I opted to do an ERA cycle prior to my embryo transfer. Dr. Norian routinely does six days of PIO, when many other doctors only do five. Even with this extra day of medication, my ERA revealed that I was slightly pre-receptive and required another 12 hours of PIO - 6.5 days, total. The very next cycle was my embryo transfer, and despite my high anxiety, it went very smoothly. After four days, I had a positive home pregnancy test! My official beta at HRC was positive, too, and my HCG rose adequately.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marisa Cobb)
Marisa Cobb is an exemplary care coordinator. She was compassionate, attentive, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic at HRC in Rancho Cucamonga is small, but cozy. Booking appointments was easy, and they were always able to get me in quickly, and during a convenient time for my schedule. The staff runs the clinic with smooth efficiency. There was only one time, during the entire year I spent having many appointments, that I had to wait more than a few minutes in the waiting room. I am reluctant to say anything negative about HRC, but I would be remiss if I didn't bring up the cost. HRC is not what I would call budget-friendly. Then again, you get what you pay for! If you want top notch care the likes of which Dr. Norian provides, you will need to adjust your budget to accommodate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Norian at HRC Fertility.
I requested a pricing list from their financial advisors and I received very detailed cost breakdowns of the different packages and payment options that they had available. The overall cost is more expensive than some other clinics, but the care provided by Dr. Norian is more than worth it.
Describe John Norian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Personally, since I had only one normal blastocyst, I did not have the option of transferring multiple embryos, but Dr. Norian did say that I was a candidate for multiple embryo transfer because of my age and history.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] remembered our last conversation or a comment I made which made me think he does pay attention and cares about his patients...He can be very busy though, and most of the time my appointments would be running late up to 30 minutes...I felt that he expected for us to have some knowledge and was not clear at first on explaining the procedure...He was attentive.
Beautiful clinic [at HRC Fertility-Pasadena]. Very elegant. Staff is nice. Parking available for free. Only downside is that this clinic is so busy. They receive a lot of international patients. Your appointment can run late due to the amount of patients they see...once had sent us the wrong summary of coverage. They had sent ya another couple insurance information summary.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
He was thorough in explaining the procedure. He does not sugar coat things which I appreciate. He can be very busy though, and most of the time my appointments would be running late up to 30 minutes. This is the only thing that bothered me since I work and running late makes me even more late for work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Have some understanding of infertility procedures. I felt that he expected for us to have some knowledge and was not clear at first on explaining the procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
He was attentive. He remembered our last conversation or a comment I made which made me think he does pay attention and cares about his patients. Sometimes doctors can be straight to the point and ignore small talk. But not Dr Nelson.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Nelson used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Because my insurance covered IUI and we had unexplained infertility with all of our pre lab work coming back fine we tried IUi with expectations it would work. But three rounds and all failed. At this point he has now strongly suggested IVf due to my age and how long we have been trying with no success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Consuelo Hernandez )
Connie is amazing! Very sweet, organized and great communicator. She made the process so much easier and comforting! Best bed manners!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Beautiful clinic. Very elegant. Staff is nice. Parking available for free. Only downside is that this clinic is so busy. They receive a lot of international patients. Your appointment can run late due to the amount of patients they see.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
My insurance covered the procedure.
Describe Jeffrey Nelson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
The accounting department once had sent us the wrong summary of coverage. They had sent ya another couple insurance information summary.
Pasadena

The first time we met with Dr. Becht, she listened to all of our concerns and answered our questions. She gave us space to discuss our concerns and addressed our concerns directly...provided us with fact-based information about our chances of becoming pregnant...Throughout this process, Dr. Becht has been extremely supportive and available... recommended single embryo transfers
...two [HRC Fertility] clinics thus it makes it easy to schedule to whatever is more convenient distance wise. Both clinics are easily accessible with no problems in finding either one and no issues with parking...[nurse] Dorothy, was very helpful in explaining how to administer medications. She was also the one to do most of my lab draws and it was pretty painless...Treatment protocol: $16,870; Medications: $4205.65
How was your experience with Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
During our first visit, Dr. Becht broke down the results of our lab work so that we could understand why we were struggling with our fertility. She provided us with fact-based information about our chances of becoming pregnant given our ages, current health, and our fertility conditions so that we had an understanding of what was possible. We were able to ask all of our questions and she provided us with our options. When we left our first appointment, we felt that we could make an informed decision about our IVF journey and we felt extremely comfortable with Dr. Becht and her expertise. At each appointment, Dr. Becht asked how I was feeling both emotionally and physically, what questions I had, and provided me with detailed information about what she saw during my ultrasounds. Although everything was going well up to that point, she was very realistic about the number of eggs we had as seen on the ultrasounds, yet she remained hopeful throughout this process. We unfortunately did not have any embryos that could be transferred. Dr. Becht informed me and was very empathetic. She mentioned that she would be available to answer questions that we had, provide support regarding the next steps, and talk about a next cycle when we were ready. We recently reached out to Dr. Becht to find out what we could do if we were to do another cycle to improve our chances of becoming pregnant, and she quickly responded giving us some suggestions regarding supplements and acupuncture. Throughout this process, Dr. Becht has been extremely supportive and available.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
Discuss any concerns or worries you have. This is an overwhelming process and Dr. Becht is conscious of that--by sharing what concerns/worries you have she can directly discuss those with you and hopefully ease this process a bit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
As we started our journey into fertility treatments, we were scared, uncertain, and frustrated that this was going to be our path to starting a family. We had had a terrible experience with another doctor and were very skeptical about new doctors. The first time we met with Dr. Becht, she listened to all of our concerns and answered our questions. She gave us space to discuss our concerns and addressed our concerns directly. Throughout our treatment, my partner and I felt so comfortable with Dr. Becht. because she was so empathetic and understanding. She took her time to talk to us during our appointments.
Describe the protocols Lisa Becht used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I was on the DP antagonist with no oral contraceptive protocol. This was due to my lab work for Luteinizing hormone and Anti-Müllerian hormone. I was on Follistim and Menopur subcutaneous injections for 9 days. With ultrasounds and lab work conducted 4 times during the injection period. On the 9th day of treatment, I took the trigger shot and two days later had my egg retrieval. During egg retrieval, I had 11 eggs: six were not mature. Only 2 of the eggs made it to the 5 day, but one had abnormal growth. The second one was fertilized and had chromosomal abnormalities when tested. Thus, we did not make it past the egg retrieval phase.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dorothy Xicohtencatl)
The nurse that works with Dr. Becht, Dorothy, was very helpful in explaining how to administer medications. She was also the one to do most of my lab draws and it was pretty painless. The only small issue we had was that the person making appointments made an error regarding days that Dr.Becht was available, but we were able to reschedule all of the appointments without a problem.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Dr. Becht works from two clinics thus it makes it easy to schedule to whatever is more convenient distance wise. Both clinics are easily accessible with no problems in finding either one and no issues with parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility.
Treatment protocol: $16,870; Medications: $4205.65
Describe Lisa Becht's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Not sure about this as we did not make it to this stage of treatment. But overall she recommended single embryo transfers.
Lisa Becht
Newport Beach

Dr. Kolb took time to discuss everything with us...such a personal doctor and made me feel extremely comfortable every single time I saw him...male infertility due to Cystic Fibrosis and also had a double lung transplant...For my STIM procedure, my treatment plan got extended 2 extra days - during that time I was seeing him daily to evaluate the size of the eggs. I was very uncomfortable but he was very vocal about my comfort and what I would expect each day. Nurse
This clinic [HRC Fertility - Pasadena] is super busy - but they manage their patients really well. They also will open the clinic just for you if they have to. I remember needing a test done based on my cycle and it was July 4th. They opened just to do my testing...There are a lot of moving pieces, for me I found it most helpful to document communication with his team of nurses via email so I had a paper trail and could reference the notes.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
From our first appointment, Dr. Kolb took time to discuss everything with us. Our situation had lots of complicating scenarios and Dr. Kolb never let that stop him or us from moving forward with the treatment plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
He is such a personal doctor and made me feel extremely comfortable every single time I saw him. He has a gentle touch and talks you through every part of the evaluation and treatment. He also made sure we understood everything he said, he would provide diagrams and pictures to further explain things.
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Luckily I was pretty healthy and didn't have too many complications, my partner, however, has male infertility due to Cystic Fibrosis and also had a double lung transplant so the entire process we were unsure if we would use his sperm or have to get donor sperm. For my STIM procedure, my treatment plan got extended 2 extra days - during that time I was seeing him daily to evaluate the size of the eggs. I was very uncomfortable but he was very vocal about my comfort and what I would expect each day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flor P)
I primarily had one nurse on my case the entire time - but worked with his entire team while she was out. I loved them all!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic is super busy - but they manage their patients really well. They also will open the clinic just for you if they have to. I remember needing a test done based on my cycle and it was July 4th. They opened just to do my testing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
Sperm Analysis $200 TESA - $1900 Embryo Freezing - $750 / Annually Genetic Testing - $5k
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
My doctor prefers to only do single embryo transfers, especially for women who have yet to attempt a transfer.
Bradford Kolb

2020, Consult
While we have only had an initial consultation with Dr. Nelson, I feel 100% confident moving forward with him as our doctor and that he will absolutely help us find success on this stressful journey...he did a great job at explaining to us what the process was. I feel confident with my case he will be able to strategize exactly what I will need in order to have a smooth sailing retrieval and transfer
The [HRC Fertfility] clinic itself is beautiful! The waiting area is full of luxurious, comfy seating, there is free Starbucks coffee, and it was impeccably clean...I cannot think of any weaknesses as I was just so impressed with the level of cleanliness and comfort they provide in the entire facility...IVF promotion/program that will roughly total $18,000 including medication and embryo storage
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
While we have only had an initial consultation with Dr. Nelson, I feel 100% confident moving forward with him as our doctor and that he will absolutely help us find success on this stressful journey. He agreed to meet us in person with no sense of regret or unease during this current pandemic, and I can easily say that interaction has made me much less defeated and alone in my struggle with infertility.
I would advise any prospective patient of Dr. Nelson's to come in with your head held high, let go of your insecurities whether that relates to your infertility or not, and allow yourself to trust. He is there to help us achieve our dreams of parenthood, but we have to be willing to give him the kind of control that we never though we'd have to give. That's the story of infertility, is it not?
Dr. Nelson was kind enough to allow us to come to his office for an in-person consultation after I expressed my slight disappointment in only getting to talk over the phone. I think it's so important to be in the same room as a person in order to feel the energy, whether positive or negative, that your interactions produce. Amidst the chaos currently surrounding our world right now, I couldn't have been more appreciative that he chose to treat us as humans and speak to us face to face!
We've not reached the medication protocol stage just yet, but he did a great job at explaining to us what the process was. I feel confident with my case he will be able to strategize exactly what I will need in order to have a smooth sailing retrieval and transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chloe Han)
My initial interaction was with a different staff member named Griselda, over the phone, who I felt truly cared to answer any and all questions I had about setting up our consultation and in such a timely manner. She definitely started my interactions off in positive light which only continued to brighten! Chloe, the care coordinator was just as kind and responsive, she made sure to clearly explain our next steps and answered our questions very well. She even advocated for us as we were checking out and made sure we only paid the first consultation quote we were given before changing our appointment to an in-person consultation. That was the absolute cherry on top that made us feel so much more than just a new client!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic itself is beautiful! The waiting area is full of luxurious, comfy seating, there is free Starbucks coffee, and it was impeccably clean! The exam rooms and other conference rooms were just and comforting which is not always the case in a medical setting, but I felt very welcomed. I cannot think of any weaknesses as I was just so impressed with the level of cleanliness and comfort they provide in the entire facility!
Our initial consultation was $260, which is actually the over the phone cost, but we changed our appointment the day before as we really wanted to meet him in person. From what I gathered that cost is actually $350. As for the cost of everything else we are waiting to have our financial appointment in the next hour, but we are doing an IVF promotion/program that will roughly total $18,000 including medication and embryo storage. Of course, this is a large sum of money but I feel in my heart we will have success with Dr. Nelson and that amount will be so abundantly worth it!
Dr. Nelson, spent time answering a question we had about transferring a single vs multiple embryos in a very honest way. It's not cut and dry, and our choice of single vs multiple will depend on certain things we may or may not decide to do. I appreciated his input and opinion on that topic and it has given us a clearer idea of what to expect once we cross that road.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. March took the time to review my history thoroughly prior to our consultation session. He also directly calls me back if there I leave a question...I was nervous that going to the "best surgeon ever" would be cost prohibitive, but it came out to roughly the same amount as the other times I had this procedure done...I was referred to Dr. March by my fertility doctor as a specialist in scar tissue removal. I went to Dr. March for surgery only. Although I only saw him once in the last 2 months, I feel like he knows more about my situation than my fertility doctor
I visited HRC for a scar tissue removal surgery, and not your typical fertility procedures, so I can't comment on the clinic as a whole. Based on my experience, the staff is friendly and helpful but it was difficult to get financial information and estimated out-of-pocket expenses. They were not helpful in trying to get that coordinated or get me touch with the appropriate parties that could provide that information.
How was your experience with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
I was referred to Dr. March by my fertility doctor as a specialist in scar tissue removal. I went to Dr. March for surgery only. Although I only saw him once in the last 2 months, I feel like he knows more about my situation than my fertility doctor who I have been seeing for 2.5 years. Dr. March took the time to review my history thoroughly prior to our consultation session. He also directly calls me back if there I leave a question. My current fertility doctor would typically have an assistant call me back with an answer instead of speaking to me directly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles March at HRC Fertility?
He is supposed to be the best at scar tissue removal, which is why I went to him after 2 failed surgeries. It is too early to know if the surgery is successful, but he uses different techniques that other surgeons do not to improve the outcome. I was nervous that going to the "best surgeon ever" would be cost prohibitive, but it came out to roughly the same amount as the other times I had this procedure done.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
Emailed directly with the staff instead of through a general portal. Quick turnaround time compared to my other clinic. Dr. March clearly reviewed my medical history prior to my first consultation call with him and spoke in a natural, conversational manner.
Describe the protocols Charles March used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I did not do any IVF cycles with Dr. March but had surgery for removal of uterine scar tissue. My scar tissue is from fibroid removal surgery which apparently has the lowest chances of success. I have also had 2 scar tissue removal surgeries prior to the latest one with Dr. March, both of which were either unsuccessful or scar tissue grew back quickly. Dr. March used a Cook balloon to prevent scar tissue formation which is triangle shaped instead of a round balloon. This is supposed to fit better in the uterus to prevent scar tissue. The previous surgery I had 3 months earlier used a round balloon and was not successful. In that surgery they left the balloon in for 3 days only. Dr. March left the Cook balloon in for 3 weeks. They also gave me a PRP injection (platelet-rich plasma) to help with healing and prepare me for an upcoming transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
My interaction with staff prior to the surgery was primarily via email as I had to travel for the procedure. They were quick to reply and were organized about the information and documents I needed to provide, directions for the surgery center, etc. The only negative was the hand-off (or lack of hand-off) to a financial advisor. It was difficult for me to obtain estimates for the procedure. Nursing staff the day of the surgery were very friendly prior to the surgery. Post-surgery I felt rushed to leave the facility and free up a bed. My husband went to the pharmacy to get my prescriptions filled while I was in recovery. The post surgery nurse kept pushing me to get dressed and ready prior to him returning while I still felt groggy.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles March at HRC Fertility.
For my scar tissue removal surgery (hysteroscopic lysis of adhesions), my out of pocket costs were approximately: - $4,700 surgery facility fee - $1,200 anesthesia - I don't have the doctor bill yet but I am guessing this is 3K
Charles March
West Los Angeles

I trust him [Dr. Tourgeman] to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favo
Our two rounds of IVF [at HRC Fertility] lead to two strong embryos and three okay embryos. He [Dr. Tourgeman] suggested we start with implanting just one of the strong embryos and I agreed. We are now 8 weeks pregnant...The office runs on time! This was important to me as I was keeping everything under the radar from work. I was able to make early morning appointments around 7:45/8:00am and count on being in and out under 25 minutes. Everything is clean and the latest technology is used. I even brought my mom in to scope it out with me.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman is the best doctor I have had the pleasure to know - and I am happy to report that I am pregnant after two rounds of IVF and our first embryo implant. Dr. Tourgeman has the best bedside manner - the absolute best. I trust him to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favorite patient, even though I am sure that many of us share this feeling given his exceptional care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
To those of you considering fertility treatment, or maybe thinking about it for the future - DON'T WAIT. I walked into Dr. T's office at 27, without ever having tried to become pregnant naturally, but with a gut feeling that something was off for my body. After a few tests, Dr. T confirmed that my fertility didn't match my age and IVF was a wise course of action. Now, we are expecting our first child and feel much more in control of our family planning and path forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman has the best bedside manner - the absolute best. I was very worried that he would turn me away when I walked into his office at the age of 27, without ever trying to become pregnant naturally, but with a hunch that something was off for my fertility. He expressed no judgement, only sincere interest, and immediately helped me to plan out next steps to learn more, which eventually lead us to IVF. I trust him to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favorite patient, even though I am sure that many of us share this feeling given his exceptional care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Wendy then Vivian)
The office runs on time! This was important to me as I was keeping everything under the radar from work. I was able to make early morning appointments around 7:45/8:00am and count on being in and out under 25 minutes. The entire office staff is knowledgeable and supportive. Like I said, I looked forward to my visits and will be sad to leave HRC after 6+ months of frequent visits. They were also incredibly diligent (and patient) dealing with my unbelievably difficult insurance. Maria, Vivian, Wendy, Jessica - everyone has made this experience a positive one. Our family will be eternally grateful to all of them.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Our two rounds of IVF lead to two strong embryos and three okay embryos. He suggested we start with implanting just one of the strong embryos and I agreed. We are now 8 weeks pregnant.
David Tourgeman
West Los Angeles

Dr. Coffler explained in realistic and understandable terms a plan of treatment and step by step how to get there. His confidence and understanding immediately set me at ease as a patient...He was able to give me a clear roadmap from our first consultation . This was so helpful because my anxiety and worries were lessened through the process...frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. I started with Lupron then went to estrace and PIO, along with baby Aspirin and endometrium. It worked!
HRC was a wonderful experience for me...I was given a calendar to follow and someone was always available to help if I needed it. They made sure I received each of my medications on time and also made sure that I knew how to use each of them correctly. All in all, They did their best to make my experience positive and stress free...Angel [nurse] is just amazing. I can not count the number of times I messaged her with questions and concerns and as busy as I know she is, she would always take the time to respond.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
What struck me about Mr. Coffler was his honesty and straightforwardness from day one one what exactly I needed to do in order to improve my odds. He was able to give me a clear roadmap from our first consultation . This was so helpful because my anxiety and worries were lessened through the process. With his assistance and guidance I just found out that I am pregnant! I know beyond a shadow of doubt this would not have been the case without the great care and guidance I received and I am forever grateful !
Remember he is an expert in his field, take the time to ask questions and understand your treatment plan. There is a reason for each step.
I did a frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. I started with Lupron then went to estrace and PIO, along with baby Aspirin and endometrium. It worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel Calfee)
Angel is just amazing. I can not count the number of times I messaged her with questions and concerns and as busy as I know she is, she would always take the time to respond.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC was a wonderful experience for me. We started contact in December 2020 and by June I am expecting my little one . I was given a calendar to follow and someone was always available to help if I needed it. They made sure I received each of my medications on time and also made sure that I knew how to use each of them correctly. All in all, They did their best to make my experience positive and stress free.
My costs were 11550 total
Describe Mickey Coffler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We elected set because he felt it would be a better choice for me.
Newport Beach
Dr. Potter is clearly very intelligent and wants to see you succeed in having a family! He relies on statistics just as much as he relies on what you are saying and feeling...I had a good reaction to all the medication and Dr. potter reviewed my stats daily. He adjusted course when I developed an ovarian cyst and is seeing me through my next cycle...The only true negative about Dr. Potter is that he seems to run late a lot of the time, but if you have that expectation to start, you have nothing to worry about!
The only real downside to the Fullerton office is that you have to pay for parking. There is also one receptionist who isn’t very friendly, but everyone else is amazing to work with and they want to see you succeed...Amanda [nurse at HRC Fertility] is awesome. I think the biggest downside is she seems to have a lot on her plate and like anyone in the medical field she has to triage accordingly, so she can’t always respond right away.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter is clearly very intelligent and wants to see you succeed in having a family! He relies on statistics just as much as he relies on what you are saying and feeling. A lot of his negative reviews say that he has a poor bedside manner, but we actually really like him and are huge fans of how honest he is. He also does a great job explaining things in terms that we can understand! We feel really confident that he will help us achieve our dream of being parents. The only true negative about Dr. Potter is that he seems to run late a lot of the time, but if you have that expectation to start, you have nothing to worry about!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Take his advice and follow his steps exactly. He knows what he’s doing and has done this enough that his experience is going to help you! Trust the process and the plan!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He just has a lot going on and a specialist in that field cannot get overly invested in their patients because of how hard infertility is on each and every patient! We are still working with him and really believe he will help us get a child!
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I had a good reaction to all the medication and Dr. potter reviewed my stats daily. He adjusted course when I developed an ovarian cyst and is seeing me through my next cycle! I trust him completely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
Amanda is awesome. I think the biggest downside is she seems to have a lot on her plate and like anyone in the medical field she has to triage accordingly, so she can’t always respond right away. Being infertile is hard, but having Amanda as your coordinator helps!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The only real downside to the Fullerton office is that you have to pay for parking. There is also one receptionist who isn’t very friendly, but everyone else is amazing to work with and they want to see you succeed!
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
He follows the ASRM guidelines and makes recommendations based on that! He wants success for you and first and foremost wants to do know harm. He will help you make the right decision for you!
Fullerton
We did an egg retrieval [with Dr. Robert Boostanfar] on my wife that went beautifully. We then did a mock embryo transfer to ensure that the transfer would go well. He had me on estrogen, an antibiotic, a steroid, progesterone and 3 lipid infusions. I had acupuncture twice on the day of the transfer. They checked my labs weekly and we did about 4 ultrasounds...Just before our 13 week perinatal appointment, we lost the baby and Dr. Boostanfar called us immediately like a family member and has emailed questions for us to ask our OBGYN because this is an extremely rare tragedy in his experience.
The clinic [HRC Fertility] was organized, clean, warm and welcoming. It was easy to access. All the facilities are in one building, which makes everything very easy...Our nurse coordinator, Alina, has become our friend. She wants our family to grow as though it is her family, too. She was reachable and guided us throughout our process and even beyond our 10 weeks...Egg Retrieval: $18,000 Mock Embryo Transfer: $500 Transfer: $5,000 Acupuncture: $400 Lipid Infusions: $500 Medications: $8,000
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is by far the most personable, confident, caring fertility doctor that we have met on our fertility journey. He is creating our family as though he is creating his own family through us. He is trustworthy, honest, approachable and knowledgeable. His goals are our goals and we are clear that he is not giving up on our dream. They are a phenomenal team and I highly suggest them to anyone who has been looking for a determined and kind doctor. We have been trying for 5 years to create our family and we are clear that Dr. Boostanfar will make our dreams a reality. With a hug and kiss on the head he continues to reassure us that my wife and I will have a family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Don't give up. He has your best interest at heart and wants nothing more than to help you grow your family. Listen and Trust. He is on your team and your biggest cheerleader.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is by far the most personable, confident, caring fertility doctor that we have met. He wants us to create our family as though he is creating his own family through us. He is trustworthy, approachable and knowledgeable. His goals are our goals and we are clear that he is not giving up on our dream. His LVN, nursing assistant, Alina, has become our friend. She wants our family to grow as though it is her family, too. She was reachable and guided us throughout our process and even beyond our 10 weeks. They are a phenomenal team and I highly suggest them to anyone who has been looking for a determined and kind doctor. We have been trying for 5 years to create our family and we are clear that Dr. Boostanfar and Alina will make our dreams a reality.
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We did an egg retrieval on my wife that went beautifully. We then did a mock embryo transfer to ensure that the transfer would go well. He had me on estrogen, an antibiotic, a steroid, progesterone and 3 lipid infusions. I had acupuncture twice on the day of the transfer. They checked my labs weekly and we did about 4 ultrasounds. The entire team was confident and very happy with the results when we found out we were pregnant. We "graduated" from the clinic and saw our OBGYN for our 12 week check up and everything was going great. Just before our 13 week perinatal appointment, we lost the baby and Dr. Boostanfar called us immediately like a family member and has emailed questions for us to ask our OBGYN because this is an extremely rare tragedy in his experience. He will also do his own testing once my body has healed and is confident in his ability to be successful..
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alina)
Our nurse coordinator, Alina, has become our friend. She wants our family to grow as though it is her family, too. She was reachable and guided us throughout our process and even beyond our 10 weeks. They are a phenomenal team and I highly suggest them to anyone who has been looking for a determined and kind team.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic was organized, clean, warm and welcoming. It was easy to access. All the facilities are in one building, which makes everything very easy. This clinic wasn't pretentious, unlike other locations we've been to with chandeliers and frills. It was simply elegant and made me feel like they were there to do a job and not entice me to come because of glitz and glamour. This process is not glamorous, it requires every ounce of your being and heart and this clinic has that vibe. They are there to make you comfortable and with care, get you and your family what you want.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We trust his eSET methodology
Encino
We only transferred one embryo. He said transferring two is not a good idea unless we had a strong desire for twins...He seems calm, focused and unhurried and gave me all of the attention and time I needed for each visit...The last ultrasound I saw Dr. Potter and he was about 15 minutes late but spent time going over my results and what to expect..
It was busy every time I had an appointment. Most of my monitoring visits were with the ultrasound tech. The phlebotomists were all really good. It was really efficient and I was in and out usually in 30 minutes...We got quick email responses [from the HRC Fertility nurses] to questions usually within an hour but always the same day...It was about $24,000 including meds, pre-testing, anesthesia, and all the IVF fees including the FET cycle,
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter was very warm empathetic. He made my husband and I comfortable. I think it helps that he has been through IVF as a patient. He was highly recommended as the Dr with the best success rates and he delivered for us.
Dr. Potter is busy and I had to wait 30 minutes for one of my appointments. It is worth the wait though. He seems calm, focused and unhurried and gave me all of the attention and time I needed for each visit.
The staff and Dr. Potter were warm and friendly. Sr. Potter seemed genuinely interested and invested in me and the outcome of my treatment. Stephannie was good at getting back to me right away when I emailed questions.
Dr. Potter performed a thorough evaluation. He recommended tests that my first doctor did not. I was found to have insulin resistance which was not considered by my first MD or my OB. I was on 1menopur and 150 of Follistim. I took Ganerelix towards the end and triggered with Lupron. We got 17 eggs, 12 fertilized. We had 5 normals after genetic testing. We froze all the embryos and came back the following month. We had excellent embryo quality. We delivered at health boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephannie)
Stephannie was in contact with me most days during the stimulation. We got quick email responses to questions usually within an hour but always the same day
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It is a beautiful modern facility. It was clean and well decorated. It was busy every time I had an appointment. Most of my monitoring visits were with the ultrasound tech. The phlebotomists were all really good. It was really efficient and I was in and out usually in 30 minutes. The last ultrasound I saw Dr. Potter and he was about 15 minutes late but spent time going over my results and what to expect. The front desk seemed inexperienced.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
It was about $24,000 including meds, pre-testing, anesthesia, and all the IVF fees including the FET cycle, genetic testing of the embryos and freezing. Storage for one year was included.
We only transferred one embryo. He said transferring two is not a good idea unless we had a strong desire for twins. He said that the pregnancy rate was close to 80% with one embryo of the quality we had (5bb).
Newport Beach

Dr. Frederick is compassionate and direct and that's two qualities I definitely want in a fertility doctor. She has a confidence that also makes me feel that I am in good hands. ... with Dr. Frederick I feel she hears me and is accessible. ... She met with me prior to egg retrieval and shared "Don't worry, I will take very good care of you" and that stuck with me, it was what I needed to hear, her confidence.
It's a very well organized clinic. They can get busy later in the day but I usually book the earliest appointment available and I haven't had any issues with waiting too long. The financial department was slightly slower in responding to my questions when comparing to the rest of their staff. ... I was able to book my monitoring appointments at my convenience, so I made the appointments for as soon as they opened and it seemed smooth to me.
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Frederick is compassionate and direct and that's two qualities I definitely want in a fertility doctor. She has a confidence that also makes me feel that I am in good hands. In comparison to a previous doctor I was seeing, I felt I was always questioning him and advocating for myself, with Dr. Frederick I feel she hears me and is accessible.
You'll be in good hands with Dr. Frederick.
I appreciated her being so matter of fact with us. Our previous fertility doctor was nice but also seemed to not give us the guidance we were looking for and Dr. Frederick has given us the guidance and confidence with this process. She met with me prior to egg retrieval and shared "Don't worry, I will take very good care of you" and that stuck with me, it was what I needed to hear, her confidence.
Describe the protocols Jane Frederick used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I began with birth control on my 3rd day of my menstrual cycle and about 5 weeks later of all active birth control pills I stopped taking it. Had a baseline appointment to go over medications and any other questions I may have had. 5 days later I began Follistim 375IU and Menopur 1 vial for 10 days each at 7:30pm. I visited the doctor's office 3 times for ultrasound and blood lab. I started Ganirelix at 7am for 4 days on day 6 of medications. Had my 3rd, last appointment before egg retrieval which was 4 days later and reviewed medications and expectations for egg retrieval day. I took Ovidrel 35 hours before scheduled egg retrieval and began doxycycline (antibiotic) 1 day before egg retrieval. They were able to retrieve 24 eggs. 17 of those eggs were mature and 17 eggs were successfully fertilized. 14 embryos came from the 17 and our final number after PGS was 7 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Liz was compassionate and a great communicator. She encouraged questions and took her time with us when going over protocol and medications. It felt like she genuinely cared about us.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
I believe it's more expensive than other clinics, however, what Dr. Frederick has provided to my husband and I is definitely worth it.
n/a, embryo transfer will be happening in June 2019
Newport Beach

Dr. Boostanfar is direct. I am an educated, self-advocating patient and he took that into account when explaining why he chose a particular protocol for retrieval and transfer.... My cycle before finding Dr. B was a complete failure where I made no blasts. I was a low responder. Instead of jacking up my FSH, Dr. B suggested micro dose Lupron and HGH. I had 5 embryos sent off for testing and 2 came back normal.
The clinic [HRC- Encino] is on busy Ventura Boulevard. There is parking at the building, but it is pricey. I wish there validated for the attached parking, but you have to self-pay. The clinic itself is nicely decorated....I am an out of state patient, which can make things more difficult. His staff helped every step of the way.... They do offer a military/veteran discount, which is very nice!
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is direct. I am an educated, self-advocating patient and he took that into account when explaining why he chose a particular protocol for retrieval and transfer. He was very compassionate when I miscarried and is determined to get me to my goal.
I would say meet him and let his expertise guide you.
Dr. Boostanfar and his staff are warm and take time to explain every step of the process. I am an out of state patient, which can make things more difficult. His staff helped every step of the way.
My cycle before finding Dr. B was a complete failure where I made no blasts. I was a low responder. Instead of jacking up my FSH, Dr. B suggested micro dose Lupron and HGH. I had 5 embryos sent off for testing and 2 came back normal. For my transfer, he tried an out of the box protocol including an HCG injection, Neupogen uterine wash, vaginal viagra, intrilipids. It worked in terms of getting me pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bahar)
My nurse, Bahar, was highly communicative and on top of every med, symptom, and appointment. She gave me her personal contact to reach out to anytime I needed her. She has been amazing!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is on busy Ventura Boulevard. There is parking at the building, but it is pricey. I wish there validated for the attached parking, but you have to self-pay. The clinic itself is nicely decorated. I have been to others with shabby chairs and 1990 decor, but HRC is modern and clean. Each appointment I had in the Encino office, there was minimal wait time, if any at all. All of the staff from the front desk, phlebotomists, and nurses are all friendly and kind. Billing can be a little bit confusing. My case is likely unique with extra charges and additional procedures. They do offer a military/veteran discount, which is very nice!
Due to travel and additional testing needed, I've likely spent $30K
Encino

Dr. Norian took an enormous amount of time to sit with, discuss, and teach my husband and I about the available options. I have never felt like a number or a paycheck for him. ... Aggressive IUI, hoping to turn into IVF since I started with only 1 follicle and a low estrogen and AMH level. ... He does every ultrasound and reviews results with you every time you go in. He answers questions in a knowledgeable but patient friendly way.
HRC is very professional and has a hands on approach with their clients. The wait time can be long, but it’s because they are spending valuable personal time with each patient. ... Deanne [nurse] has been my rock and saving grace through this whole process. She answered every phone call and email with compassion, expertise, and care. She consoled me when I was crying and disappointed, boosted me up when I needed it, and guided me through the entire cycle.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian has great bed side manners and spends every appointment with you. He does every ultrasound and reviews results with you every time you go in. He answers questions in a knowledgeable but patient friendly way. He is blunt and to the point, so he does not sugar coat anything which can be emotional but I appreciated so I did not ever have too high of hopes/positivity for things. I always had a realistic view of everything that was going to happen and what the possibly outcomes could be.
Ask ALL the questions and do not be afraid to speak your mind.
Dr. Norian took an enormous amount of time to sit with, discuss, and teach my husband and I about the available options. I have never felt like a number or a paycheck for him. I especially love my nurse coordinator, Deanne. She is amazing!
Aggressive IUI, hoping to turn into IVF since I started with only 1 follicle and a low estrogen and AMH level. My protocol was Menopur 225 (3) and Gonal F 225 for the first 10 days. Was supposed to add Centrotide on day 6 if I had been responding well, which I wasn’t so we continued with the original dosage until day 8, but I am still not responding well. Continuing until day 10 and then deciding if we will continue with IUI or cancel the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Deanne)
Deanne has been my rock and saving grace through this whole process. She answered every phone call and email with compassion, expertise, and care. She consoled me when I was crying and disappointed, boosted me up when I needed it, and guided me through the entire cycle.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC is very professional and has a hands on approach with their clients. The wait time can be long, but it’s because they are spending valuable personal time with each patient. I never was upset about this because I knew they would be giving me the same attention and care.
Rancho Cucamonga

He [Dr. Coffler] addressed our questions. He does not typically go into detail when communicating, so sometimes I felt like I had to ask more questions to understand at the level that I preferred. He wants to help and will answer any question, but he does seem busy and juggling a lot of things. Also Dr. Coffler is well respected in the community. When I had an HSG, I mentioned his name to the radiologist and she confidently said, "Oh, you'll get pregnant! You're in good hands."
[HRC] understood my needs as a person and did not just treat me like I was a statistic for their office. For example, the doctor recommended a procedure and I was about to do the procedure but I had some concerns, so I decided to cancel even though I had already showed up. The doctor was completely fine with my decision and even called me that afternoon to see how I was feeling about it all. Another time, the doctor left me a 3 min long voicemail on a Friday afternoon to answer one of my questions that I had emailed a nurse about. Very considerate staff!
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Coffler sits down one-on-one with you and your partner during the initial consult. We had about 45 minutes with him to explain our fertility history and ask many questions. He did not rush us at all. He addressed our questions. He does not typically go into detail when communicating, so sometimes I felt like I had to ask more questions to understand at the level that I preferred. He wants to help and will answer any question, but he does seem busy and juggling a lot of things. Also Dr. Coffler is well respected in the community. When I had an HSG, I mentioned his name to the radiologist and she confidently said, "Oh, you'll get pregnant! You're in good hands."
If you need more information, just ask and tell him that. Email is an easy way to communicate with the staff and you can expect quick responses (usually within the same day).
Although I did not necessarily see the doctor at each visit, I knew that he was actively involved in the management of my treatment. Communication was always prompt and the staff was always available to answer any questions. They understood my needs as a person and did not just treat me like I was a statistic for their office. For example, the doctor recommended a procedure and I was about to do the procedure but I had some concerns, so I decided to cancel even though I had already showed up. The doctor was completely fine with my decision and even called me that afternoon to see how I was feeling about it all. Another time, the doctor left me a 3 min long voicemail on a Friday afternoon to answer one of my questions that I had emailed a nurse about. Very considerate staff!
We did medicated timed intercourse with monitoring. We started with the highest dose of Letrozole (which I had used in my previous cycle with another doctor) but I did not respond, so then Dr. Coffler prescribed Clomid at the lowest dose (which was my first time using). I responded to the Clomid and had a Ovidrel trigger shot. I ovulated (for the first time out of my 3 total cycles, two of which with another fertility specialist) but did not get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel)
Angel is an incredible nurse. She was a breath of fresh air compared to my previous RE's office! Angel was pleasant and kind. Angel was so easy to communicate with. She was available anytime by phone or email. I even emailed her while she was on vacation and another time on a Saturday and she responded the same day. Angel is one of the main reasons that I LOVED this clinic!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Communication and compassion are this clinic's strengths. Dr. Coffler and Angel the nurse stand out at this office because you can really tell they care, and they work directly with you on the details of your treatment. Also, this office has a small staff that knows what they are doing. They have a team who each knows their roles and you will see them doing it throughout your treatment. This office isn't in the nicest or newest building but that really wasn't an important factor for me. My previous doctor had a nice facility but poor communication and bedside manner. The opposite is true at HRC, and I was so happier and felt respected here because of that!
With TRICARE Standard, my copay for a monitoring ultrasound and blood work was $100. Most everything else with my medicated timed intercourse was covered.
Oceanside

Dr. Peck was very thorough with her visits with us and always made sure we understood every step of our process, she was compassionate, patient, understanding, and knowledgeable... I liked that she never pushed for a particular agenda with our treatment, she always provided information and let us (my husband and I) consult with each other and make our choices. I like that Dr. Peck is so patient, compassionate, and shares our triumphs us with which makes us feel like we are a team, instead feeling like it's us vs doctors. I've been very happy with her level of care during out IVF process which we are still in the middle of, we look forward to the next steps in our journey with Dr. Peck as our guide.
Our Care Coordinator [at HRC] is very thorough with our consultations with us and helps to further educate us on our process. She always promptly responds to my emails when I have questions and I appreciated that more than anything, she was always available...The clinic employs friendly staff who are available to answer questions, provide information, and go the extra mile to work with our insurance carrier. We appreciated the billing department's staff advocating for us with our insurance carrier and even providing invoices that they don't usually provide so that my husband and I could be reimburse through our insurance company for certain treatment procedures.
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
From the beginning of our process with Dr. Peck she has always taken the time to explain all information, including risks, and encouraged us to make our decisions regarding our treatment based on the information she provided. I liked that she never pushed for a particular agenda with our treatment, she always provided information and let us (my husband and I) consult with each other and make our choices. I like that Dr. Peck is so patient, compassionate, and shares our triumphs us with which makes us feel like we are a team, instead feeling like it's us vs doctors. I've been very happy with her level of care during out IVF process which we are still in the middle of, we look forward to the next steps in our journey with Dr. Peck as our guide.
Share any concerns you may have about treatment or your process with Dr. Peck so that she may provide you with information and knowledge to make the possible decision for you and your partner.
During our egg retrieval Dr. Peck adjusted possible dates and dosages of medications based on the growth of our follicles during the time I was taking stimulation medication. Towards the end of our cycle Dr. Peck monitored our progress very closely by having me do daily ultrasounds and blood draws. She took the time to explain the reason for my feeling so much discomfort and overall pain (high number of follicles developing), she explained the reasons for the delay during my egg retrieval and explained the benefits of waiting longer for egg retrieval (waiting until most of the follicles reached full maturity). We appreciated the close attention paid to our progress during our egg retrieval. During the day of our egg retrieval she came in and spoke to me and told me what to expect and even after the procedure she came in and provided us with our results and I truly appreciated her answering questions despite being very busy and treating multiple patients including ourselves.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly Solis)
Our Care Coordinator is very thorough with our consultations with us and helps to further educate us on our process. She always promptly responds to my emails when I have questions and I appreciated that more than anything, she was always available. During the time when we ordering our stimulation medications she went above and beyond to help our insurance cover the medications by writing a letter of medical necessity on our behalf very quickly and our medications were approved which was a huge help financially for us. We appreciate Kimberly sharing her own personal experiences with the treatments we were going through and telling me what to expect during the process.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Embryo testing, PICSI, genetic counseling, and stimulation medications.
We have not completed a transfer cycle yet.
Encino

Dr. March always makes time for you, we never felt rushed and he provided detailed information about the procedure. He has the BEST bedside manner, literally sits on the bed with you and makes eye contact, very empathetic but also gives you a plan...he says things like "I like Lupron and Lupron is fine for an FET but I don't like it for YOU." It is things like this that make me trust that he is individualizing my care, unlike other REs who have used a one size fits all protocol at times.
[HRC is] Organized, clean, compassionate - I saw a sign that said please don't bring kids to a certain floor as it is a trigger for others. Easy to schedule, billing is a breeze. They get back to you quickly and I had no issues...[The nurse is] So thorough with follow up. Quick to respond and she will always find a time to talk with Dr. March if she doesn't know the answers. Amazing, love her!...Hysteroscopy - with 3 weeks of the balloon placed along with estrogen before and after. He likes to use estrogen prior to the procedure so he can map your uterus. I wouldn't have a hysteroscopy without the estrogen prep! He is also saying No lupron or BCP prior to a FET for those with thin lining. Instead, start estrogen on Day 2! Nurse
How was your experience with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
Dr. March used real life analogies like baseball and even war to help my husband understand our fertility better. He has a wonderful sense of humor while also exuding the utmost confidence in treatment that is specialized and tailored to ME. For example, he says things like "I like Lupron and Lupron is fine for an FET but I don't like it for YOU." It is things like this that make me trust that he is individualizing my care, unlike other REs who have used a one size fits all protocol at times.
If you have Asherman's or thin lining contact him! If I lived in LA I would use him for IVF and I have even considered moving my embryos to him if my local REs don't agree on a protocol for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Adriana)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
My insurance covered the hysteroscopy. Not sure for IVF.
Describe Charles March's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
He likes PGS with Day 5 embryos and 1 transferred.
Charles March
Encino

As a patient you feel treated like an equal. Your input does matter and Dr. Boostanfar goes the extra mile to make sure you understand his reasoning and makes you part of the treatment. ... If you feel you don’t fully understand his motivation he will address that. He is up to date with his knowledge of expertise and the fact that he suggested mini ivf at my age only proves that, since it is the quality and not the quantity that matters.
Prices are what they are but they work with a finance team [HRC] if you need it. The whole team acts like a family and will do all in their power to make you feel comfortable ... Brandy is the face of sympathy. She will make sure that issues that were not or forgotten to discuss will be addressed. She will make time for you and make you feel you are the only patient there. If a question arises when home you can email her and she replies back ASAP if not the same moment. Very approachable
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is a genuine and I am glad he was my first experience as a fertility doctor. As previously said, he treats you as his partner in the treatment and goes the extra mile with his RN Brandy to meet your fertility/emotional need. If you feel you don’t fully understand his motivation he will address that. He is up to date with his knowledge of expertise and the fact that he suggested mini ivf at my age only proves that, since it is the quality and not the quantity that matters.
Dr. Boostanfar is busy but he will take his time to make sure all is clear. However it is better to have your questions ready for him. Fertility is seen as very personal hence some topics remained unspoken, but they should be discussable and he is the right person for it.
As mentioned I underwent the mini ivf, as it has become more and more clear that full blown high dosages of fertility hormones increase the number but not necessarily the quality of the eggs. I had a gentle cycle with injectables and low dose of everything. I had barely any side effects and experienced a pregnancy from the first cycle. Unfortunately ended in miscarriage due to genetic defect. So specifics: a mini ivf including the egg retrieval (my own), since only 3 eggs available, opted for ICSI to ascertain feryilization, topped it up with endometrial scratching which in peer reviewed journals has shown to be somewhat beneficial in some.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Brandy Cravens)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Sometimes the wait times but then again you are met in a very personal way. Prices are what they are but they work with a finance team if you need it. The whole team acts like a family and will do all in their power to make you feel comfortable
Mini ivf with additional anesthésia and the medication around 13500
Dr. Boostanfar tailors his treatment to his individual patients. There is no “one fits all” principle and I can only express an opinion about my case, older age, max 2 to transfer since you don’t want add risk to mother and baby in case of multiples of higher number would be added. I had only 2 embryos but even if I had 3 still 2 would be transferred.
Encino

Dr. Norian is very honest and will definitely let you know how things are going. During my cycle leading to a retrieval I had to call him on weekends and at night and he was always there to pick up the phone. ... Dosages were adjusted as I went through the retrieval process. He was very careful not to over stimulate. I expressed my concerns regarding that matter.
The clinic [HRC] seems to have become more popular for this side of town. It is sometimes difficult to get appointments at a certain time. The nurses were good but sometimes they seemed stressed because they were short people. This clinic seems to be understaffed and would benefit of hiring some more nurses. ... Scheduling was a bit of a nightmare because you had to go in before 11:00 am to get blood results that afternoon.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian is very honest and will definitely let you know how things are going. During my cycle leading to a retrieval I had to call him on weekends and at night and he was always there to pick up the phone. After I was confirmed pregnant, I called him for a concern I had at 8pm on his vacation and he was quick to answer the phone and help. I would say one of his weaknesses is running late in the office. He has started to get more popular and the office seems more busy now, which causes him to run late with appointments. I still think it’s a good thing, because that means he doesn’t just rush you out of his office when you have questions or concerns.
Ask a lot of questions. Make sure to write down answers if you need it or have them email you information so that it is in writing.
Dr Norian has always been very delicate and chooses his words wisely. He does not sugar coat anything but, he is considerate of your feelings.
Dosages were adjusted as I went through the retrieval process. He was very careful not to over stimulate. I expressed my concerns regarding that matter. A previous doctor had over stimulated and then cancelled my treatment. He knew I was very worried about this happening and he always kept me up to date with dosages and provided reasoning as to why he was decreasing or increasing meds.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
The care coordinator was helpful to an extent. I believe she is used for out of the country patients who speak another language. My difficulty with her was the language barrier. Often it was hard to communicate certain things to her because she spoke broken English. Although, she was hard to understand, she still provided as much help as she could.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic seems to have become more popular for this side of town. It is sometimes difficult to get appointments at a certain time. The nurses were good but sometimes they seemed stressed because they were short people. This clinic seems to be understaffed and would benefit of hiring some more nurses.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
Scheduling was a bit of a nightmare because you had to go in before 11:00 am to get blood results that afternoon. Ultrasounds were all done around the same time. If the time wasn’t available in afternoon you have to take off work and come during not so favorable hours.
I went in months before my treatment and prices were going to go up. I ended up paying for treatment 3 months before. I paid a total of 18,800 to the clinic. Then another 3,200 for medication. Now the prices have been raised. I will be going back for more treatments.
Dr. Norian is not a fan of transferring more than one embryo. He will of course do what you want, but does provide you with information why transferring more than one embryo is considered a high risk.