6.9

Westlake Village, CA 91361
West Los Angeles
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

Dr. Norian took an enormous amount of time to sit with, discuss, and teach my husband and I about the available options. I have never felt like a number or a paycheck for him. ... Aggressive IUI, hoping to turn into IVF since I started with only 1 follicle and a low estrogen and AMH level. ... He does every ultrasound and reviews results with you every time you go in. He answers questions in a knowledgeable but patient friendly way.
HRC is very professional and has a hands on approach with their clients. The wait time can be long, but it’s because they are spending valuable personal time with each patient. ... Deanne [nurse] has been my rock and saving grace through this whole process. She answered every phone call and email with compassion, expertise, and care. She consoled me when I was crying and disappointed, boosted me up when I needed it, and guided me through the entire cycle.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian has great bed side manners and spends every appointment with you. He does every ultrasound and reviews results with you every time you go in. He answers questions in a knowledgeable but patient friendly way. He is blunt and to the point, so he does not sugar coat anything which can be emotional but I appreciated so I did not ever have too high of hopes/positivity for things. I always had a realistic view of everything that was going to happen and what the possibly outcomes could be.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Ask ALL the questions and do not be afraid to speak your mind.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian took an enormous amount of time to sit with, discuss, and teach my husband and I about the available options. I have never felt like a number or a paycheck for him. I especially love my nurse coordinator, Deanne. She is amazing!
Describe the protocols John Norian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Aggressive IUI, hoping to turn into IVF since I started with only 1 follicle and a low estrogen and AMH level. My protocol was Menopur 225 (3) and Gonal F 225 for the first 10 days. Was supposed to add Centrotide on day 6 if I had been responding well, which I wasn’t so we continued with the original dosage until day 8, but I am still not responding well. Continuing until day 10 and then deciding if we will continue with IUI or cancel the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Deanne)
Deanne has been my rock and saving grace through this whole process. She answered every phone call and email with compassion, expertise, and care. She consoled me when I was crying and disappointed, boosted me up when I needed it, and guided me through the entire cycle.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC is very professional and has a hands on approach with their clients. The wait time can be long, but it’s because they are spending valuable personal time with each patient. I never was upset about this because I knew they would be giving me the same attention and care.
Rancho Cucamonga

Dr. Frederick is compassionate and direct and that's two qualities I definitely want in a fertility doctor. She has a confidence that also makes me feel that I am in good hands. ... with Dr. Frederick I feel she hears me and is accessible. ... She met with me prior to egg retrieval and shared "Don't worry, I will take very good care of you" and that stuck with me, it was what I needed to hear, her confidence.
It's a very well organized clinic. They can get busy later in the day but I usually book the earliest appointment available and I haven't had any issues with waiting too long. The financial department was slightly slower in responding to my questions when comparing to the rest of their staff. ... I was able to book my monitoring appointments at my convenience, so I made the appointments for as soon as they opened and it seemed smooth to me.
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Frederick is compassionate and direct and that's two qualities I definitely want in a fertility doctor. She has a confidence that also makes me feel that I am in good hands. In comparison to a previous doctor I was seeing, I felt I was always questioning him and advocating for myself, with Dr. Frederick I feel she hears me and is accessible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
You'll be in good hands with Dr. Frederick.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
I appreciated her being so matter of fact with us. Our previous fertility doctor was nice but also seemed to not give us the guidance we were looking for and Dr. Frederick has given us the guidance and confidence with this process. She met with me prior to egg retrieval and shared "Don't worry, I will take very good care of you" and that stuck with me, it was what I needed to hear, her confidence.
Describe the protocols Jane Frederick used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I began with birth control on my 3rd day of my menstrual cycle and about 5 weeks later of all active birth control pills I stopped taking it. Had a baseline appointment to go over medications and any other questions I may have had. 5 days later I began Follistim 375IU and Menopur 1 vial for 10 days each at 7:30pm. I visited the doctor's office 3 times for ultrasound and blood lab. I started Ganirelix at 7am for 4 days on day 6 of medications. Had my 3rd, last appointment before egg retrieval which was 4 days later and reviewed medications and expectations for egg retrieval day. I took Ovidrel 35 hours before scheduled egg retrieval and began doxycycline (antibiotic) 1 day before egg retrieval. They were able to retrieve 24 eggs. 17 of those eggs were mature and 17 eggs were successfully fertilized. 14 embryos came from the 17 and our final number after PGS was 7 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Liz was compassionate and a great communicator. She encouraged questions and took her time with us when going over protocol and medications. It felt like she genuinely cared about us.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility.
I believe it's more expensive than other clinics, however, what Dr. Frederick has provided to my husband and I is definitely worth it.
Describe Jane Frederick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
n/a, embryo transfer will be happening in June 2019
Newport Beach

[Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] is open to transferring two embryos at a time since we are open to the possibility of twins. No more because the risk of high multiples is to great and the chance of pregnancy not increased enough...always takes as long as I need... is good at what he does. I liked him a lot, and if I do this again I would choose him again...This resulted in 25 eggs, so the planned trigger was changed to a lupron trigger (unknown dose) to prevent OHSS.
team [at HRC] is great at keeping in constant contact and answering questions. They are also genuinely excited to see you make progress in this crazy process...is a peaceful place to go...Claire [nurse] is kind and compassionate, thoughtful and informative. I appreciate everything she has done...Full IVF cycle, plus genetic testing (generic and specific) and freezing for a year $18k. Drugs is another 4-5k. Not finished yet, so not totally sure of final tally there.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Nelson is good at what he does. I liked him a lot, and if I do this again I would choose him again. His team is great at keeping in constant contact and answering questions. They are also genuinely excited to see you make progress in this crazy process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
I'm sorry you need fertility treatments. HRC is a peaceful place to go deal with hell and Dr Nelson a steady guide through.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
In spite of how full the waiting room usually is, I am always seen promptly and even the phlebotomists remember me from the previous visit and can pick up from the previous conversation. My regular nurse always seems delighted to see us, and the Dr always takes as long as I need.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Nelson used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
For egg retrieval we did one cycle. Treatment was 375 ml(?) follistim and 1 vial menapour. This resulted in 25 eggs, so the planned trigger was changed to a lupron trigger (unknown dose) to prevent OHSS. I did not get OHSS but it was still rough. By collection, follicles are about marble sized and stretching the uterus a lot. Currently in the beginning of the FET cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Claire Delarmente)
Claire is kind and compassionate, thoughtful and informative. I appreciate everything she has done to help make this process approachable to a noob.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
There is a sign in the elevator, no children in the office please. The lobby has multiple different chairs, which during egg retrieval bloat I found myself switching around until I found the comfortable one. No doubt everyone has a different "comfortable one" at that point so this is a great feature you might not think to look for. The lobby is also classy but comfortable. No matter how full the lobby i always got seen promptly. The coffee in the lobby is my only complaint. It's is not good. Bring your own if you care about that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
Describe Jeffrey Nelson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr Nelson is open to transferring two embryos at a time since we are open to the possibility of twins. No more because the risk of high multiples is to great and the chance of pregnancy not increased enough.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Being that Dr. Nelson was softer spoken, he still made you feel hope even when you felt all things were lost. Going through many transfers that failed, each time he would take the time and speak with us and answer all questions without making us feel his time was limited or he had another patient. ... I was diagnosed with a cyst that all my previous doctors had missed
Prior to Connie, the previous Cooridnators seemed to be stretched very thin and didnt communicate as thoroughly and effectively. ... One issue I experience [with HRC] was the lack of responsiveness from their financial department. I would go weeks sometimes before getting return calls. ... There were times where I had to wait an unabsorbent amount of time due to scheduling issues. Most labs were handled directly at the clinic which made things more efficient and the LVNs did a great job everytime.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Upon first meeting Dr. Nelson he was a soft spoken doctor yet presented himself very honestly. Being novice in the IVF world I felt my husband and I were very fortunate cross paths with him. Not knowing a lot about IVF, I truly was unaware of what this journey would take. Dr. Nelson sat down with my husband and I discussed everything that was presented in our case he approached the good the and and ugly. He explained some factors that he could see through testing yet kept reminding us the IVF is no guarantee and it can be a long process. Even though he presented the reality of what could come he was compassionate and brought hope to the issue and assured us he would work through all issues. I was diagnosed with a cyst that all my previous doctors had missed which unfortunately lead to me losing one of my ovaries further compromising the opportunity of having a child due to limited egg availability. Dr. Nelson presented his finding and then made sure I was referred to one of the highest ranked surgeon's in the area in hope I might be able to save my ovary (which was not the case in the end). Dr. Nelson's attention to care and keeping our future goals in mind throughout his treatment and our care. Finding the specialist to treatment my cyst was not the only time Dr. Nelson went lengths to try to help us. During my second year of treatment and after 3 failed transfers, Dr Nelson suggested doing a procedure that would be working with a doctor at Yale University to determine if I had something else going on in the tissue. He truly was vested in a positive outcome! Being that Dr. Nelson was softer spoken, he still made you feel hope even when you felt all things were lost. Going through many transfers that failed, each time he would take the time and speak with us and answer all questions without making us feel his time was limited or he had another patient.
Be patient even if you do not get the results you want in the beginning. That was the most trying part for my husband and I. IVF is truly a journey where patience grows and grace is extended to yourself and team around you.
Dr. Nelson and staff we very compassionate and understanding through the journey of IVF. Dr Nelson performed all scan and took the time to answer questions that arose prior, during and post each process. His staff were very understanding when things didnt arise in the outcome we hoped for and the staff and Dr. Nelson were genuinely invested in trying to have a success in the IVF process.
My IVF journey started not using Lupron in the beginning yet after the first failed transfer it was quickly added. My journey began with a retrieval intended to freeze thr embryos at day 3. The retrieval cycle began with taking Birth control for a few weeks after my period, then I would begin stimulation drugs (Gonal F, Menupur) for a couple weeks and then 36 hours before the retrieval I took Pregnl. During the stimulation cycle I would have blood draws to monitor my levels and ultrasounds to monitor the follicle growth/development. The decision on what stipulation drugs prescribed was decided by Dr. Nelson based on what my case presented. During the transfers, each one after the begin after being on birth control was a 3-week Lupron cycle (daily injections) and then at the last week of Lupron the dosage would be stepped down and Estradiol would begin. Ultrasounds and blood work would be taken to monitor estrogen and progesterone levels. As we got closer to the transfer date (I believe 2.5 weeks prior) progesterone dosing was started. My first 2 transfer cycles I was on oral and vaginal progesterone dosing and intramuscular injection after the transfer due to low levels of progesterone. Upon transfer 3-5 I was changed to micro dosage of vaginal progesterone which was slowing increased (25mg in the beginning) through the transfer date to 200mg along with IM injections of progesterone oil. This protocol was actually determined through the testing with Yale University and Dr. Nelson.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
During my journey I have had 3 different coordinators yet my most recent one (Connie) was phenomenal. She made herself available to be reached beyond the work hours, answered questions thoroughly and would get the answer if she didnt know. Sometimes during my visits at the office, Connie would be out and I would experience the difference between her responsiveness and others. When medication orders (i had many throughout the multiple years) were not handled timely, Connie would do everything to ensure I had what was needed on time even if that meant lending me medication from the clinic where others had left me hanging and delaying my cycle due their inefficiency or lack if prioritizing. Prior to Connie, the previous Cooridnators seemed to be stretched very thin and didnt communicate as thoroughly and effectively. I had times where my medication would be ordered in time or lack of communication about my blood results or lab orders being written correctly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Scheduling at the clinic was pretty simple, most of my appointments after the initial consultation were handled by my coordinator. There were times where I had to wait an unabsorbent amount of time due to scheduling issues. Most labs were handled directly at the clinic which made things more efficient and the LVNs did a great job everytime. One issue I experience was the lack of responsiveness from their financial department. I would go weeks sometimes before getting return calls. However, I was able to resolve the issue with their fiscal person upon leaving my appointment. It was frustrating that I could not get someone available on the phone to handle things more efficiently. That would be an area the clinic could improve.
An IVF complete cycle with retrieval and frozen transfer to include ICSI and assisted hatching was approximately $18,000 which include a year of freezing of embryos. The medication was approximately ($5,000 for the egg stimulation cycle and $3500 for the transfer cycle).
Dr. Nelson allowed my husband and I to determine how many embryos we transferred. He gave us medical opinion and discussed the potential risks of transferring multiple embroyos. Dr. Nelson did select the embroyos to be transferred however would always as if we had a preference of which embroyos we wanted, yet we deferred that decision as we respected his medical decision.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
My biggest issue inhad over the 3 years of the IVF journeybwith the clinic was my medication not be ordered on time which delayed my cycle and cause added stress. The second issue was that inhad labs not ordered correctly and results not being communicated again both creating frustration and stress at a time it was should be limited.
Pasadena

Since, I was diagnosed with PCOS, Dr. Kolb put me on Menopur and Gonal-F for egg stimulation and Cetrotide as well. Also, Leuprolide for trigger ... He shows compassion with the way he treats me as a patient and also the way he treats my husband. He makes an effort to get to know us and always clarifies everything to make sure we understand the process.
The clinic [HRC] is very clean and has a very comforting ambiance. A couple of weaknesses I can think of is there parking. A bit small, but it's free so really nothing too negative to say about that. Another thing is their blood laboratory. There was blood splatter on the chair that wasn't cleaned and also against the walls right where they dispense the used bloody needles. I wish they would clean that area more.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
The moment we met him during our consultation, we were already very at ease with him. He's very well-mannered and sympathizes with his patients. He shows compassion with the way he treats me as a patient and also the way he treats my husband. He makes an effort to get to know us and always clarifies everything to make sure we understand the process. He makes us part of the team and provides more than enough information so we make the right decision.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Be open and ask questions. Always be positive and take the advice, but if you're not comfortable let him know. Avoid miscommunication or misunderstanding by asking questions. Whatever bothers you address it because it helps more than it will hurt.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Kolb is very well-mannered and we were so at ease or comfortable with him the moment we met him. He's very confident and and answers all the questions we asked. We were always greeted positively and he makes an effort to get to know us.
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Since, I was diagnosed with PCOS, Dr. Kolb put me on Menopur and Gonal-F for egg stimulation and Cetrotide as well. Also, Leuprolide for trigger. I was in medication for about 12 days and we did egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cristina Perez)
I was initially assigned a different nurse at our first cycle and during the stimulation process. When it was time for transfer I was assigned Cristina. Cristina was really great. She's very organized and responds to emails right away. Cristina and Jennifer are a great team. The first team of nurses I was assigned to were not as organized and involved with us. There was a bit of disconnect and miscommunication. I'm glad to have been transferred to Cristina and Jennifer. They are absolutely wonderful!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and has a very comforting ambiance. A couple of weaknesses I can think of is there parking. A bit small, but it's free so really nothing too negative to say about that. Another thing is their blood laboratory. There was blood splatter on the chair that wasn't cleaned and also against the walls right where they dispense the used bloody needles. I wish they would clean that area more.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
It was a very efficient process. When you check-in, you wait for reasonable time and gets called for blood work and then head to a exam room. The restrooms are conveniently located near the exam rooms and the actual ultrasound happens within 15 minutes. After than, we head to a conference room to go over results and next steps with the nurse and Dr. Kolb. Always so efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
Almost $17,000 the first round and the second cycle cost us $14,540.
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We decided on switching fertility doctors and ultimately commit with Dr. Kolb because he was willing to put two embryos, if possible, to give us higher chance of at least one of the embryos to implant.
Pasadena

Dr. Wilcox is straight to the point and gets amazing results. While we didn't have our hands held along the way, we always felt like we were in good hands under his direction. I wish we had a bit more interaction with him but have had amazing results to date. ... If you want someone to dry your tears or hold your hand along the way, I would recommend a different doctor. But you have the trust him, as he gets amazing results and his support staff is wonderful.
While the clinic [HRC] was always packed with patients and families, I never had to wait very long. The finance department was very easy to work with. The facility was very nice, clean and comfortable. ... All the coordinators we worked with were wonderful. All emails and phone calls were returned within a few hours, all questions were answered and next steps were always explained. I also really loved the nurse practitioner.
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Wilcox is straight to the point and gets amazing results. While we didn't have our hands held along the way, we always felt like we were in good hands under his direction. I wish we had a bit more interaction with him but have had amazing results to date. Of the 34 eggs retrieved, we had 11 come back healthy post PGS testing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Didn't have much interaction with the Dr. after our consultation... we communicated with the nursing staff, who are all amazing!
Describe the protocols John Wilcox used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with IUI, as it is much cheaper and an easy process. He said to try IUI 4-5 times but we could move forward with IVF whenever we wanted. We had two failed IUI's with clomid and then switched to IVF. The injectables we used were Follistim, low dose HCG Pregnyl, Ganirelix Acetate and Doxycycline. I had an incredible response... 34 eggs retrieved, 30 were ICSIED by the sperm and 25 were normally fertilized. We had 16 get to the blastacyst stage and 11 were genetically normal after the PGS testing. We are waiting to do the first transfer, as we have some upcoming travel and Wilcox recommends to not fly until 6 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nanette Villajoaquin)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
While the clinic was always packed with patients and families, I never had to wait very long. The finance department was very easy to work with. The facility was very nice, clean and comfortable. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Wilcox at HRC Fertility.
IVF: $9,600 ICSI: $1,700 PGS of 12 Embryos: $5,300 Medication: $3,455 Anesthesia: $600 Embryo Freezing: $800 Transfers: $3,800 + medication
Describe John Wilcox's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Because I am still pretty young (30), Dr. Wilcox recommends single embryo transfer, which is what my husband and I prefer.
John Wilcox
Pasadena

Because of our prior IVF’s he [Dr. John Norian] was comfortable doing a multiple embryo transfer. He did explain that isn’t the norm for him but he does take in account your age and prior treatments...was very kind and treated me like a person. He explained what he was lookin for during each ultra sound. He made sure all my questions were answered...His bedside manner was nothing but great. I truly believe he treated me on an individual case. There was noting cookie cutter about his treatment plan. I’ve never felt that way with previous doctors.
All procedures take place at the Pasadena office [of HRC]. And Dr.Norian completes them before starting work in Rancho. So there were times I had to leave at 3 am. There was confusion both times I went to the Pasadena office because you arrive before the receptionist. I wasn’t sure where to check in. I ended up sitting in the waiting room and just waiting until they came out looking for me. When I went in for my transfer, they use another door and I couldn’t hear them calling my name. Finally about 20 min after my appointment time hey called me.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
He was the first doctor to get a positive result. During our treatment we had to cancel and start another protocol. While I was upset at first about this he took the time to explain the why behind the decision. He did give me he choice as a patient to continue the treatment without change but made sure I knew why he recommended the new protocol. His bedside manner was nothing but great. I truly believe he treated me on an individual case. There was noting cookie cutter about his treatment plan. I’ve never felt that way with previous doctors.
Dr. Norian has a large client base and it can take some time to be seen. Allow yourself extra time when visiting the clinic.
Dr.Norian was very kind and treated me like a person. He explained what he was lookin for during each ultra sound. He made sure all my questions were answered.
Unsure
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chen)
Our nurse and I had a language barrier which made it hard to ask questions and understand what she was saying. Multiple times my husband and I left her office so confused. We had confusion on our medication order. When she placed our medication order she included medication for egg retrieval and FET. At first I was told we would do a greasy transfer so I wasn’t sure why she was ordering all that medication. After many back and forth I figured out that the FET medication would be needed in either case. In the end we did end up doing a FET after retrieval.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very busy. Expect wait times to be long at times. The office is very clean. Also, expect your procedure to be very early. All procedures take place at the Pasadena office. And Dr.Norian completes them before starting work in Rancho. So there were times I had to leave at 3 am. There was confusion both times I went to the Pasadena office because you arrive before the receptionist. I wasn’t sure where to check in. I ended up sitting in the waiting room and just waiting until they came out looking for me. When I went in for my transfer, they use another door and I couldn’t hear them calling my name. Finally about 20 min after my appointment time hey called me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Norian at HRC Fertility.
About $1500 out of pocket because of insurance coverage.
Describe John Norian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Because of our prior IVF’s he was comfortable doing a multiple embryo transfer. He did explain that isn’t the norm for him but he does take in account your age and prior treatments.
Rancho Cucamonga
I feel that Sr Boostanfar is a great Dr and it is great knowing that if you go to the clinic to see him then that’s who your going to see not just a different dr e wry time ... Dr Boostanfar is down to earth and treats you like a human and not a number ... Dr a Boostanfar is a well respected Dr and treats you like he cares. ... Don’t protocols were Lipton and menopur for the egg retrieval and progesterone and endometrin prepping for the transfer. We also did an era
The strengths of the clinic [HRC] is that they are lgbtq qualified and the location is great. The weaknesses is that all of the labs are drawn there but are shipped out. It would be nice if the lab was in the clinic. The customer service has been great and they always treat my wife with respect by involving her. The nursing team and phlebotomists are great and I’ve had a great experience with all of them.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr a Boostanfar is a well respected Dr and treats you like he cares. He works closely to his nurse who is very easy to contact and answers every question. He explains things throughly and doesn’t rush through anything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr Boostanfar is down to earth and treats you like a human and not a number
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alina)
Alina is so great being compassionate and treats me as if I were a friend. She answers all of my questions and is easy to contact and also responds quickly to my emails
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The strengths of the clinic is that they are lgbtq qualified and the location is great. The weaknesses is that all of the labs are drawn there but are shipped out. It would be nice if the lab was in the clinic. The customer service has been great and they always treat my wife with respect by involving her. The nursing team and phlebotomists are great and I’ve had a great experience with all of them. The down side is the expensive price but I feel like we can’t get away from the pricing of ivf.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
The first transfer since it was covered mostly through the clinical trial was $4000 For the 2nd cycle we paid 2300 for the era and 410” for the fet
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
I was in a clinical trial on the first transfers so one embryo was transferred but for the second transfer he doesn’t mind transferring 2 embryos which was my suggestion
Encino
I appreciated that during each ultrasound to check my ovaries he would show me the screen and explain what was going on. He monitored me closely every step of the way during the clomid cycle and I completely trusted his opinion and expertise on next steps. ... Dr. Nelson has great bedside manor and is very thorough. He has a very warm personality and makes you feel comfortable during a tough time.
Billing was kind of confusing to me as I didn’t realize my insurance wasn’t covering anything until I had racked up a $1000 bill for my appointments. I wished they [HRC] would have mentioned it earlier. ... She [nursing staff] was very thorough in explaining the dates I should be taking specific medications and how. She also was great at sending me this information via email and responding to my emails quickly.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Nelson has a warm and approachable bedside manor. He is very thorough and in our first appointments asked a lot of questions and had me do all the necessary tests to rule out specific fertility issues. I appreciated that during each ultrasound to check my ovaries he would show me the screen and explain what was going on. He monitored me closely every step of the way during the clomid cycle and I completely trusted his opinion and expertise on next steps.
Ask a lot of questions if you don’t fully understand the process. While he does explain everything it’s a lot to take in and make sure you get all of the info you and your partner need.
We did two separate rounds of clomid, tested for ovulation, at positive ovulation administered an HCG shot, did timed intercourse, and waited the 2-weeks to take a pregnancy test. When both of these rounds were negative pregnancy he had me come in more frequently for ultrasounds to check the progress during the cycle. By doing this we found the ovulation test was positive a full week before I was actually ovulating. I appreciated Dr. Nelson monitoring more closely and switching gears when finding I wasn’t reacting normally to ovulation testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chloe Han)
She was very thorough in explaining the dates I should be taking specific medications and how. She also was great at sending me this information via email and responding to my emails quickly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It’s a beautiful clinic, comfortable, modern, and has a coffee and water station in the waiting area. All staff I’ve dealt with have been friendly and have generally gotten me in pretty quickly after arrival for my appointments. Billing was kind of confusing to me as I didn’t realize my insurance wasn’t covering anything until I had racked up a $1000 bill for my appointments. I wished they would have mentioned it earlier.
Insurance doesn’t cover fertility treatments. Every appointment was for an ultrasound so each appointment cost $320. All of the medications associated with a clomid cycle are also not covered by insurance and generally cost about $500. We have only done times intercourse so I’m not sure what the cost for IUI is but I know it’s in the 1,000s.
Pasadena

Dr. Boostanfar has good bedside manners. When he first diagnosed me with infertility I was crying. He hugged me and reassured me everything was going to be ok. He seems very knowledgeable with infertility and creates custom protocols....He is comforting and empathetic. He gave me confidence when I was nervous for egg retrieval. Shares success stories of women with similar conditions to give me confidence and boost my optimism.
The HRC lab is onsite and their facilities are clean. One negative is there is no free parking onsite. Recommendation is to schedule appointments first thing in the morning because they are less busy....My nurse saved me! She is amazing and I don't think I could go through this journey without her. She gives me the confidence I need and reassures me that I'm ok when I have mental breakdowns.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar has good bedside manners. He is comforting and empathetic. He gave me confidence when I was nervous for egg retrieval. Shares success stories of women with similar conditions to give me confidence and boost my optimism.
Ask questions and why he's doing certain protocols.
After 2 HSG tests my results for my right ovary was still unclear. I mentioned that my childhood gynecologist believed I had endometriosis. Dr. Boostanfar recommended that I take care of my endometriosis before starting IVF. He was insistent about laparoscopic surgery with robotics. At that time there were no qualified doctors in Los Angeles to perform that procedure and he referred me to Dr. Nazaht in San Francisco. Dr. Nazaht removed my stage 2 & 3 endo from my uterus and colon. He also repaired my uterus that was beginning to become bicornuate. Dr. Nazaht also diagnosed me with one ovary (lost right side due to torsion). Then started IVF. Did PGS testing and ERA. ERA identified that my lining was inflamed possibly due to endometriosis and therefore began depot lupron procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Brandy)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They told me the IVF cycle was going to cost about $20K-25K not including medications. Including medications, I will be spending around $35k for this IVF cycle.
My doctor scared me about multiple embryo transfer and the potential health risks.
Encino

Dr. Potter is very passionate about what he does. He's compassionate yet direct when discussing treatment and outcomes. He runs quite a bit late at times but most doctors who perform procedures usually do... The cycle began with birth control pills for 3 weeks, Lupron 10 units for 10 days then Lupron 5 units for 10 days, 10 days of Gonal and 10 days of Menopur. The cycle was monitored with ultrasounds and blood work. The dosages of Gonal and Menopur were adjusted once 4 days before the egg retrieval. I was also instructed to take 2 hCG Ovidrel (trigger) shots about 35 hours prior to the retrieval. The day before the egg retrieval, I began my 5 day dosage of Doxycycline (terrible tasting pills).
Strengths: The Surgical team, PA's and coordinators. HRC Newport Beach has a fascinating state of the art embryology lab, surgical center and office all in the same building. They have a very organized process in place to coordinate treatment. Lab and ultrasound appointments were always fast. Weaknesses: They are a very busy practice and might have some extended wait for doctor visits.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
I would probably advise to prepare for a longer wait time and to not expect Dr.Potter to be the warmest. Everything "infertility" entails waiting periods. We're all there to get pregnant and if the main focus is the skill and success rates of the doctor and practice, then waiting a little extra is worth it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
The HRC practice is very busy; it's hard not to feel like a number. The process is very transactional and initially it felt as if my treatment plan was the 'cookie cutter' for all new patients. Of course that was not the case and changes were made to my cycle as it progressed. There was great communication and I felt that I was in the best hands. I will also add that making me feel like a "human" is not my top priority, getting pregnant and becoming a mother is.
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
The cycle began with birth control pills for 3 weeks, Lupron 10 units for 10 days then Lupron 5 units for 10 days, 10 days of Gonal and 10 days of Menopur. The cycle was monitored with ultrasounds and blood work. The dosages of Gonal and Menopur were adjusted once 4 days before the egg retrieval. I was also instructed to take 2 hCG Ovidrel (trigger) shots about 35 hours prior to the retrieval. The day before the egg retrieval, I began my 5 day dosage of Doxycycline (terrible tasting pills). After the retrieval, I began estradiol (injection), progesterone suppositories, baby aspirin and continued with prenatal vitamins. I observed the recommended 72 hours of bedrest with light activity after. After realizing my hCG numbers weren't doubling, Dr. Potter quickly ordered more blood work. My progesterone was low and had me come into the office on the same day and disbursed enough progesterone for the next few days until my rx from the pharmacy arrived. My hCG numbers doubled after that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
The coordinators and surgical staff are the most incredible and caring team. They are as compassionate and they are knowledgable.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
My insurance does not cover IVF. The IVF cycle including ICSI, PGD, anesthesia and labs: $15,900. Medications: approx $4,500 since a few were covered by insurance. The costs of IVF has increased as of the end of last year but I don't know what they are.
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Potter briefly discussed this during our initial consultation and he appeared neutral. Since my cycle resulted in 1 normal embryo, it was not discussed in depth.
Newport Beach

Dr. Kolb is very professional & caring. We really didn't feel as if he was trying the bare minimum in trying to help me conceive. He did what we wanted, (within reason, we wanted to try pills 1st & he explained why we would go the more aggresive route since I have PCOS). He's a wonderful, intelligent, well mannered physician.... We checked blood levels, then we checked to see if my tubes were blocked with a water ultrasound (in office). My tubes were fine & I didnt have any polyps in my uterus. I do have PCOS though. So he wanted to try Gonal-f 200iu nightly injections. 9 injections all together.
Sometimes the waiting area [HRC - Pasadena] was overflowing with patients, and coordinators. I guess it's great for them, but sometimes no seating and long wait time isn't great for me. At times, the waiting area can get quit loud with everyone talking and the staff calling out patients names very softly so we cant all hear in the hallway near the elevators.... Flor is just the sweetest. Im sure I bugged her a few time with emailing so much, but she responded fast & answered all of my questions.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Go with an open mind & have questions. Dont be disappointed if the route you want to try 1st is not the same route he wants to try. He will give you his honest opinion.
Dr. Kolb was the nicest ever. My husband & I felt very comfortable with him and he answered all of our questions. We never felt rushed, even though there were always many patients in the waiting room.
We checked blood levels, then we checked to see if my tubes were blocked with a water ultrasound (in office). My tubes were fine & I didnt have any polyps in my uterus. I do have PCOS though. So he wanted to try Gonal-f 200iu nightly injections. 9 injections all together. We checked on ultrasound if my lining was good & we did IUI on Nov 5, 2017. We did progesterone inserts daily as well. Unfortunately, a pregnancy did not happen. He says next time we will be more aggresive with medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flor Parada)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Sometimes the waiting area was overflowing with patients, and coordinators. I guess it's great for them, but sometimes no seating and long wait time isn't great for me. At times, the waiting area can get quit loud with everyone talking and the staff calling out patients names very softly so we cant all hear in the hallway near the elevators.
All together, bloodwork, ultrasounds & IUI, (not incl. Meds as rhey were purchased from an outside company) we paid approx. $2300-$2500. (Meds were an additional $1600 from an outside pharm)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
I turned in results of blood work they requested from my pcp, and the receptionist wrote who the give it to (Flor Parada) and she never received it. I wasnt mad, just a little irritated that i had to go to my pcp & request another copy & take it back to Pasadena.
Pasadena

We have had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Norian. My favorite is that he is very intelligent, well educated, and up to date on evidence based practice and research. It’s important to me that I feel my doctor knows what he’s doing and is up to date on the best options. Next, he is caring. He takes plenty of time with us at each visit to answer questions. We feel that he is truly warm, compassionate, and cares about our success with fertility!
The office staff and nurses [at HRC-Rancho Cucagmonga] have been excellent. They are GREAT about communication and scheduling. I have never had to worry if they will get me scheduled in my range of cycle days for a procedure. They explain all the details to me, answer my questions, and are always friendly. With infertility being a sensitive and difficult time for many, it’s so important to have a positive and friendly staff to support those patients.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Go to him!!! He is excellent and we trust him completely. Their office, staff, and nurses are great as well!
Dr. Norian has been excellent. He takes plenty of time to sit down and explain every detail without being rushed. He answers all our questions thoroughly, and you can tell he truly cares. He is empathetic and understanding regarding financial concerns. We feel like he truly cares about us as humans and not just another number. Very lucky to have found him!
We are still in the process of our treatment - but are remaining hopeful and positive with the plan Dr Norian has layed out. We have both changed our diets and added specific vitamins. We have both received lab draws, an SA by my husband, and a U/S on me showing a threshold for PCOS. Metformin may possibly be added later. We have SGH scheduled followed by IUI depending on our results from above.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sandy)
The office staff and nurses have been excellent. They are GREAT about communication and scheduling. I have never had to worry if they will get me scheduled in my range of cycle days for a procedure. They explain all the details to me, answer my questions, and are always friendly. With infertility being a sensitive and difficult time for many, it’s so important to have a positive and friendly staff to support those patients.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is great about communication and scheduling - I’ve had absolutely no problems with them! I feel like I call them all the time and they are always so helpful. The initial paperwork, labs, ultrasounds, etc were all quick and painless because they had thoroughly explained everything.
I do not know the specific costs of many items yet - but the staff is VERY understanding of financial concerns and help in any way possible. I am very thankful for that.
Not applicable

2017 - 2018, 12 Eggs Frozen
I really like Dr. Nelson and would go back to him again. He’s warm and engaging and I felt very secure in going through this process with him. He explained things well and gave me a good idea of what to expect...I initially had a good number of follicles (I’m 41), I think we just did a more standard plan for egg harvesting. But then I only got 4 eggs, so he changes the regimen a bit and then I got 7 the next time.
The facility [HRC] is nice and clean and everyone is friendly. I usually didn’t have to wait very long to be seen, but it does get busier later in the morning. Some places have you pay for each exam, blood draw, etc, but this one has kind of a package deal, which I liked...Elizabeth was very personable, responsive, and helpful. You actually email the nurse and another email address so someone else can also help you if your nurse isn’t available, which happened once.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Start ASAP because some months are busier than others. I was lucky and got in right away when I called to make a consultation, but I think I just had lucky timing.
Dr. Nelson is very personable and I enjoyed working with him. He explained things clearly, let me know what to expect, and I feel like he really cares about his patients. He was understanding and accommodating to my hectic work schedule and made sure to amp things up so that I got enough eggs during my second retrieval.
Because my hormone levels were good and I initially had a good number of follicles (I’m 41), I think we just did a more standard plan for egg harvesting. But then I only got 4 eggs, so he changes the regimen a bit and then I got 7 the next time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Torres)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The facility is nice and clean and everyone is friendly. I usually didn’t have to wait very long to be seen, but it does get busier later in the morning. Some places have you pay for each exam, blood draw, etc, but this one has kind of a package deal, which I liked. But maybe they average out to be similar in price, I don’t know.
It’s a package that includes visits, ultrasounds, and blood draws. And the retrieval costs.
Pasadena

Dr Coffler is a very skilled physician. I had previous fertility doctors that struggled to get catheters in during procedures and Dr Coffler never once had a problem and I always felt at ease with his expertise. He is to the point/straightforward, but still cares/is compassionate... I wish I would have advocated more For myself that first round where they did the fresh transfer as my estrogen was still high and I’m pretty sure that’s why my first fresh PGS normal embryo failed to implant. Looking back, I really wish I would have waited and done a frozen embryo transfer instead of fresh. Luckily, our second embryo transfer, a FET with another PGS normal was successful and led to my now 11 month old son.
They [HRC] follow the ARSM guidelines [for Eset]... I wish they had earlier office appt slots (I think the earliest appt for monitoring was 8:15). I also wish the ultrasound tech was an RN or PA/NP so they could give you live analysis of what they are seeing during monitoring appointments. I did mention this and Angel [nurse] was nice enough to sit in on my key monitoring appts in order to fill me in right then on what was seen (helped manage my anxiety in the midst of the ivf process)
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Very small office where you always see the same providers and office staff.
Describe the protocols Mickey Coffler used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I believe I had the antagonist protocol (Lupron and birth control pills leading up to injectables of menopur and gonal F-low doses-adding in the drug that prevents ovulation half way through). When I did ivf, they pretty much recommend everyone do PGT testing and ICSI (I was pretty young at the time and none of the other ivf clinics were recommending I do PGT, but this clinic did so we went along with it). They do a quick PGT test though where you get results within 24 hours so you can still do a fresh transfer. I wish I would have advocated more For myself that first round where they did the fresh transfer as my estrogen was still high and I’m pretty sure that’s why my first fresh PGS normal embryo failed to implant. Looking back, I really wish I would have waited and done a frozen embryo transfer instead of fresh. Luckily, our second embryo transfer, a FET with another PGS normal was successful and led to my now 11 month old son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel)
Angel was amazing. Knowledge, organized, kind, and laid back.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Small clinic and it’s nice getting to know every employee really well. I wish they had earlier office appt slots (I think the earliest appt for monitoring was 8:15). I also wish the ultrasound tech was an RN or PA/NP so they could give you live analysis of what they are seeing during monitoring appointments. I did mention this and Angel was nice enough to sit in on my key monitoring appts in order to fill me in right then on what was seen (helped manage my anxiety in the midst of the ivf process)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility.
Mine was all out of pocket, but when comparing to other clinics in the area, it was one of the most affordable overall. I will say that there frozen embryo yearly storage fees are almost double others.
Describe Mickey Coffler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
They follow the ARSM guidelines.
Oceanside

Dr. Nelson comes across as genuine and kind. He has wonderful bedside manner and has always answered my questions with compassion and care. He seems very confident in what he does yet he has a calming presence at the same time (doesn't seem arrogant or stuck-up). Only downside is that I haven't gotten to see him as often as I would have liked as he has been traveling.... He also doesn't answer emails personally, you have to wait for the nurse
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Nelson comes across as genuine and kind. He has wonderful bedside manner and has always answered my questions with compassion and care. He seems very confident in what he does yet he has a calming presence at the same time (doesn't seem arrogant or stuck-up). Only downside is that I haven't gotten to see him as often as I would have liked as he has been traveling. IUI #1 was done by him, but baseline and followup ultrasounds have been done by nurses in his absence. Same thing has been happening with round #2. He also doesn't answer emails personally, you have to wait for the nurse or someone else from the team to talk to him, and then they relay the message. I would prefer if it was actually a bit more of a doctor/patient direct exchange.
Make sure you write down questions and bring to consults where he will be so that you can ask the doctor directly when he is in the room rather than have to wait for others to relay messages back and forth.
The Nurses and staff at the clinic are amazing. Nurse Connie has been wonderful throughout the process. We are undergoing our second round of IUI and she has supported us through and has answered every question we've had. Other staff have not been so quick to respond which was difficult at times but once Connie became my contact person everything has been smooth sailing. Doctor's schedule tend to get a bit crammed/limited, especially if he is planning to be out of town. The pharmacy they use is incredible and the office is beautiful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Consuelo Hernandez)
Connie has been absolutely amazing throughout the entire process. She is very responsive and one of the kindest people I have met and love that she got assigned to us. She always makes me smile and helps easy the anxiety when my husband and I are there for procedures. She is so compassionate and knows exactly what to say. She has actually been the highlight of my experience at this clinic.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is gorgeous! one of the reasons I picked it was that I wanted to to be in a beautiful environment while undergoing this difficult process and HRC-Pasadena is stunning. The staff is very friendly and usually respond quickly. The waiting room is nice and cozy. Some hours it is packed and others not so much so you have to learn the flow if you'd rather avoid people. They are usually on-time, we have only had to wait around extensibly once out of the 20+ times we have been there. The pharmacy they work with is exceptional as well. Some of the weaknesses are that at times it has taken a certain staff member over three days to respond to important messages with time-sensitive questions. They resolved that by assigning someone else to our care but it was a bit frustrating at the time. Another one would be that there are signs that ask people to try not to bring children in the clinic as it can be difficult for some people, but there are days where there's lots of kids. Sometimes families with 4+ children which definitely deflates the spirit. I think staying open a bit later would be helpful as well.
It is $2100 for IUI (includes ultrasounds, sperm washing, blood work if/when needed). It was about $450 for initial blood-work for STI and genetic testing which was sent to outside lab.

2014 - 2018, Successful
Even though he [Dr. Nelson] has thousands of patients he always treats net like my situation matters & he is extremely patient with me & answers all my questions. I never feel rushed!... I saw him numerous times for different stages so all of my protocols were different. I ended up finding an amazing research center that he referred me to & I also have twins using a surrogate. My surrogate loves him too that she referred other people to him as well
This office [HRC] is very clean & organized. They are so very timely. I’d say the only weakness about their office is their parking! They have too many patients for such a small parking lot. The office is very clean & everyone is very friendly. They play nice relaxing music & they offer coffee/tea.... I had different costs for different procedures. That is one negative about the clinic. Sometimes I feel like the costs changed week to week as if it wasn’t set in stone. Sometimes I felt like they were guessing & I over paid once.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Very respectful & patient. He always treats me like our situation matters & we never feel rushed. He answers questions thoroughly & at a level we can understand. I would definitely recommend him to others.
Write down list of questions so you get everything answered. I would bring a pen & paper with me to jot down notes of things he’d mention, but that’s just the OCD in me.
Even though he has thousands of patients he always treats net like my situation matters & he is extremely patient with me & answers all my questions. I never feel rushed!
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Addiline Ficus)
She is very quick to respond to phone calls/emails & is very patient. Always answers all of our questions. She makes me feel like a best friend who really cares.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This office is very clean & organized. They are so very timely. I’d say the only weakness about their office is their parking! They have too many patients for such a small parking lot. The office is very clean & everyone is very friendly. They play nice relaxing music & they offer coffee/tea.
Pasadena

Dr. Peck never wasted my time with multiple IUIs or rounds of clomid. She was honest about my chances instead of just going through the motions. Dr. Peck took the time to explain the entire situation and provide honest feedback.... She was candid about our results and helpful with recommendations. She also took the time to qualify us for an IVF study, which may be helpful for us.... Dr. Peck originally recommended medicated cycles for anovulation.
HRC-Encino is warm and inviting. Every time I call, I am quickly transferred to where I need to be. They’re honest about their costs. Also, they call with results on time! My only complaint is expensive parking.... Kimberly is Dr. Peck’s nurse and is amazing! She will email me back about a nervous last minute question at 10pm on a weeknight! Shanise is another nurse who is the only person to get my vein on a first try. She’s also very friendly and nice to speak to
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr Peck took time to ensure I received the care I needed and received the answers for the questions I asked. She was candid about our results and helpful with recommendations. She also took the time to qualify us for an IVF study, which may be helpful for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Peck is very sweet, but honest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Peck originally recommended medicated cycles for anovulation. She also urged a semen sample and HSG prior to treatment. I’m so grateful that she did because I also have a blocked tube/my husband has poor morphology, motility, and DNA fragminatation. Knowing these results, she recommended IVF to save us time and money. Moreso, she recommended us to an IVF clinical trial, which will hopefully save us more money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly and Shanise)
Kimberly is Dr. Peck’s nurse and is amazing! She will email me back about a nervous last minute question at 10pm on a weeknight! Shanise is another nurse who is the only person to get my vein on a first try. She’s also very friendly and nice to speak to, which is very important. Currently, she is assisting with having me join a clinical study. She’s amazing at answering all my pressing questions, being open about what is needed for me to do, and flexible with her scheduling!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.
300/ultrasound 80/bloodwork IUI/2,100
Alison Peck
Encino

For blood work and ultrasounds he [Dr. Coffler] was only present for 2 appointments. I can tell he is passionate about his job and truly wants to succeed in getting couples a ‘take home baby’. Communication is sometimes hard due to his first language not being English. I would have liked to be informed more about my actual results. Ex: progesterone levels, follicle count, uterine lining... We did 2 egg retrievals in order to bank as many embryos as possible prior to PGS/PGD testing.
All of the nursing staff [HRC- Oceanside] is amazing. They make you feel comfortable and supported.... This clinic has the highest pregnancy rates in Orange County. I would recommend. Ask questions and advocate for your preferred method of treatment.... We did pretty much everything that could have been offered. ICSI, assisted hatching, PGS and PGD testing, and one extra procedure for our second egg retrieval to pick better sperm for ICSI.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
For blood work and ultrasounds he was only present for 2 appointments. I can tell he is passionate about his job and truly wants to succeed in getting couples a ‘take home baby’. Communication is sometimes hard due to his first language not being English. I would have liked to be informed more about my actual results. Ex: progesterone levels, follicle count, uterine lining
Ask questions and ask them directly.
The staff and technicians at the office are warm and easy to talk to. My IVF coordinator never made me feel like I was bothering her with questions
We did 2 egg retrievals in order to bank as many embryos as possible prior to PGS/PGD testing. This was suggested to keep costs down and was the right choice as our first retrieval resulted in 0 normal embryos. Second round resulted in 2. Frozen embryo transfer was a standard protocol. Lupron, progesterone, estrogen. Resulted in a BFP then a chemical pregnancy. Still waiting to review what went wrong and what could have been changed.
All of the nursing staff is amazing. They make you feel comfortable and supported.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic has the highest pregnancy rates in Orange County. I would recommend. Ask questions and advocate for your preferred method of treatment. The doctor has great credentials and a great success rate. Nursing staff is excellent. Don’t be afraid to send emails at any time. You are not alone in feeling like you are asking silly questions and the staff never makes you feel like you are. I hope my next attempt at a frozen embryo transfer is a success. Will have an appointment to discuss what went wrong with our transfer on Friday.
We did pretty much everything that could have been offered. ICSI, assisted hatching, PGS and PGD testing, and one extra procedure for our second egg retrieval to pick better sperm for ICSI. Total cost associated with services approx $40,000
This doctor will only transfer one embryo. I would have liked to have the option to transfer 2 if we felt that was the right choice for us.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
They did not call in my Lupron RX to a mail order pharmacist once. I had to call to remind.

2018, Consult
Dr Norian was also comforting along with delivering the truth about my condition and treatments that would help us conceive. ... My Fallopian tubes are no longer connected after a surgery. Dr Norian suggested FET IVF and gave us all the statistics relating to it and said I’d be a great candidate but being that I’m going to be 35 soon we need to start right away. ...
As a whole they are amazing. From dealing with the front desk to the nurses to talking to dr and financial advisors. I never had any issues with anyone or anything with HRC Rancho Cucamonga. They get back to within a good time whether it’s emailing or calling. The entire staff is very professional as well. ... I really appreciate the empathic approach they have especially when infertility is a complete roller coaster of emotions.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
At first I was extremely nervous about what to expect from a fertility specialist and honestly expecting the worst outcome, that being that I won’t be able to have children with and without treatment. Dr Norian and his team put all those fears and worries to rest. The nurses are very comforting and friendly. Dr Norian was also comforting along with delivering the truth about my condition and treatments that would help us conceive. I really appreciate the empathic approach they have especially when infertility is a complete roller coaster of emotions.
Don’t be shy. If you have questions make sure to write them down before the consultation. The information given at the appointment can be extremely overwhelming and you might forget some of the important questions you have. He’s very open and understanding so don’t be afraid to ask about anything on your mind.
Dr Norian is very straight forward but also empathetic to the needs and wants of his patient.
My Fallopian tubes are no longer connected after a surgery. Dr Norian suggested FET IVF and gave us all the statistics relating to it and said I’d be a great candidate but being that I’m going to be 35 soon we need to start right away. He gave me an ultrasound which we found a small polyp and soo I was referred back to my OB to get that removed before we could move forward. We were able to remove it but unable to go back for treatment due to the fact my husband is military and was sent to Korea for a year.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
Extremely friendly and comforting. They try to help you to the best of their knowledge and if they don’t know an answer they’ll direct you to someone that does know.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
We have insurance that cover consultation and some fertility medications. I’m unsure of the costs.
Rancho Cucamonga

I've just started my journey at HRC but so far Dr. Ghazal has been warm, welcoming, and very thorough with her plan to handle our specific case. She understands the problems we are currently facing with our MFI, and currently undergoing the process to find out what if any diagnosis I have for my fertility.... Since my husband has severe MFI, he would have to undergo a TESE or mTESE to extract sperm so that they can then be frozen and injected directly into my eggs via ICSI. This would also help our fertilization rates as an embryologist does this task skillfully.
Their [HRC- Fullerton] strengths is everything being in-house. From the REs personal offices, to the lab/embryo storage, to egg retrievals and transfers. It is nice to know that they do not send you elsewhere for any part of the process and you are set in one location.... So far we have only dealt with the front desk coordinator and she was very kind, soft spoken, and very accommodating to our inquiries and where we could seek out further information should we need it.
How was your experience with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Be honest and open throughout the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
She really, really cares about her patients succeeding and overcoming infertility and does her best to help you achieve your dreams.
Describe the protocols Sanaz Ghazal used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Since my husband has severe MFI, he would have to undergo a TESE or mTESE to extract sperm so that they can then be frozen and injected directly into my eggs via ICSI. This would also help our fertilization rates as an embryologist does this task skillfully. We do not yet know my current course of action as I have not completed all necessary testing.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Their strengths is everything being in-house. From the REs personal offices, to the lab/embryo storage, to egg retrievals and transfers. It is nice to know that they do not send you elsewhere for any part of the process and you are set in one location.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility.
Right now we do not know the total cost for a single round of IVF as we will be discussing these details in our upcoming appointment.
Describe Sanaz Ghazal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
She believes that if you want one baby, you transfer one embryo. If you want two babies, you transfer two. No need to transfer two embryos if you just want a single child.
Sanaz Ghazal
Fullerton

During the initial consultation she was very familiar with our reproductive profile and asked specific questions to get a better understanding of how she would help me get pregnant. She patiently answered all of my many questions. Every interaction with Dr. Frederick she said my name and knew the details of my progress...Her expertise, professionalism and compassion far exceeds all other reproductive endocrinologists I have met
I was assigned an exceptional nurse, Claudia who guided me during the entire process [at HRC]. I was reminded by Claudia to trust the process because it works. The day of the frozen embryo transfer all nurses and staff were positive and encouraging. They created a positive environment in the surgery center...Dr. Frederick’s costs were better if you have more than one IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
I searched for a reproductive endocrinologist for two years and went to many initial consultations. Most fertility clinics in San Diego did not have great results for my age group, I am over age 35. Also, the labs were not great. For instance, at one lab in San Diego, I saw the Embryologist enter the fertility clinic through the public door wearing workout clothes. Then she put on a lab coat and entered the lab. In my opinion, that is not the best protocol for dealing with sensitive embryos. This is why I searched outside of San Diego. I also searched outside of California. I prayed to have a doctor like Dr. Frederick. Her expertise, professionalism and compassion far exceeds all other reproductive endocrinologists I have met. During the initial consultation she was very familiar with our reproductive profile and asked specific questions to get a better understanding of how she would help me get pregnant. She patiently answered all of my many questions. She exudes confidence and had a specific plan for us to be successful. Once we made our decision to continue with Dr. Frederick, the ENTIRE IVF process was smooth. I had two banking cycles before the frozen embryo transfer. This was recommended by Dr. Frederick to ensure greater success and she was correct. Both egg retrieval procedures were smooth. I did not experience any complications and minimal pain. Dr. Frederick’s techniques are exceptional. We transferred one embryo. Everything went smoothly and my husband and I were excited because we believed we were about to have our dream come true. I was on strict bed rest for three days and I started having pregnancy symptoms within one week. Ten days later I took a home pregnancy test and it immediately was positive. I was elated. I never seen a positive pregnancy test until that day. It was amazing. The day of the first pregnancy ultrasound Dr. Frederick showed us the baby and heartbeat. I immediately started crying. Amazing feeling seeing your baby’s heart beating and knowing that he or she is growing inside of you. The day of graduation from the fertility clinic, Dr. Frederick takes a picture with you. I started crying because I am so grateful to her for helping us experience our dream of having a baby. Currently, I am 10 weeks pregnant and baby is growing strong. We will go back to Dr. Frederick to have siblings for this baby. I recommend Dr. Frederick if you want to have a healthy baby. Her protocol and techniques work!
Pray and trust that you selected an excellent doctor. Dr. Frederick is experienced, professional and compassionate. She truly wants you to get pregnant and have a healthy baby. Trust her process, it works. I believe having a positive mindset will help in getting the results you want.
Because I am over age 35 and did not have many embryos at my first IVF cycle (with a different doctor), Dr. Frederick recommended two banking IVF cycles. She also recommended genetic testing and freezing embryos. This is to ensure she transfers a healthy normal embryo for a higher chance of success. Dr. Frederick recommended transferring one embryo because I had genetic testing. I used Gonal-F, Menopur, micro Lupron, Ganirelix, Lupron, Progesterone injections and suppositories, Estradiol, Doxycycline, Medrol
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Claudia Ascencio)
I was assigned an exceptional nurse, Claudia who guided me during the entire process. I was reminded by Claudia to trust the process because it works. The day of the frozen embryo transfer all nurses and staff were positive and encouraging. They created a positive environment in the surgery center and I believe that also contributes to Dr. Frederick’s success rates.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC in Newport Beach is a busy office. However, I never had to wait longer than five minutes for my appointment. The surgery center is exceptional. I especially want to recognize HRC’s lab because the Embryologists ensure the best environment and growth for embryos. I do not know the details but whatever they do, it works! We did genetic testing on all our embryos to ensure that we only transferred a healthy and normal embryo.
Dr. Frederick’s costs were better if you have more than one IVF cycle.
We agreed with Dr. Frederick to transfer a single embryo. We had our embryos genetically tested. We wanted the best success rate and agreed to transfer one embryo.
Newport Beach

HRC in Newport Beach is an excellent clinic. Everything was efficient, comfortable and patient-friendly. I felt at ease when in their offices. I was coming from out of state and they are very used to dealing with out of state and international patients...The nursing staff were extremely responsive, helpful, and compassionate....
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. We wanted to go with the best and we knew his lab would also be excellent. He is very busy and would sometimes be running late for appointments but he was always pleasant, thorough, understanding and direct. He is also sympathetic to individuals who may have a gender preference and did not make us feel badly for wanting to try for a specific gender. My experience as a patient was excellent. We got the results we wanted and couldn’t be more pleased.
He may be a bit late for appointments because he is highly sought after and doesn’t rush his patients. He has a direct manner and will answer any questions you have. We really appreciated that he wasn’t afraid to give us “predictions” and they all turned out to be correct.
While Dr. Potter is extremely sought after and busy, I never felt rushed during our conversations. After my embryo transfers, he would stay back and chat with me. I appreciated that he spent that extra time with me.
I prepared for my frozen embryo transfers with Crinone taken daily and estradiol injections every three days. I much prefer to have estradiol injections every three days and take Crinone suppositories vaginally. This protocol worked well for me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
The nursing staff were extremely responsive, helpful, and compassionate.
Newport Beach
Dr. Potter seems to be very inquisitive and likes to exhaust all avenues to see what could be causing infertility. Before we met him, he has my wife run some tests and that’s how he found out she’s insulin resistant, which could be a contributing factor to our infertility issues. He is running more tests before we do the retrieval and transfer to make sure we are able to have the best embryos possible and the best envinroment when we do the transfer. He definitely does not have a lot of emotions, however, that does not bother me or my wife. One frustrating issue is that he is late. He was an hour late for our first meeting.
The clinic [HRC-Fullerton] is very clean and in a good location. Overall, everyone is very friendly and the nurses were great with the u/s and drawing blood. The one weakness is the accounting department could be improved. There were a few misunderstandings about the fees and that was Frustrating.... Allyn Ann, our nurse practitioner, was beyond helpful. She was there for my wife when she had any questions and would take the time to explain the procedure and the results. She was extremely responsive. Natalija, our coordinator, is also very good. She is very responsive and explains the steps very well.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Don’t have the expectation to have your hand held through this process. However, he is very intelligent and the me that is more important.
Dr. Potter took the time to see what issues my wife and I may have. He ultimately found out that my wife insulin resistant and that could have contributed to poor egg quality and our miscarriage. He is very straightforward and lacks a long of emotion.
We haven’t started the procedures yet. We are waiting until I do the final testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allyn Ann)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and in a good location. Overall, everyone is very friendly and the nurses were great with the u/s and drawing blood. The one weakness is the accounting department could be improved. There were a few misunderstandings about the fees and that was Frustrating.
I believe about $23,000.
We have not gotten to that point yet with Dr. Potter.
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Kolb has a wonderful bedside manner. He greets you with a hug and genuinely cares about his patients. He returns phone calls personally and always makes sure you understand what is going on.... From our first visit up to our last discharge visit he always greeted us with a smile and a handshake. He is professional with a great bedside manner. He is constantly keeping up to date with medical studies and conferences.
Everything is self contained at this clinic [HRC - Pasadena] making it a one stop. You will see your doctor, coordinator, lab, financial and surgical team all at the same office! With everything in the same location appointments are less stressful. The clinic is large and in high demand. However even with a large patient doctor ratio you are never rushed.... Dr. Kolb has a wonderful bedside manner. He greets you with a hug and genuinely cares about his patients.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Kolb is a phenomenal doctor. From our first visit up to our last discharge visit he always greeted us with a smile and a handshake. He is professional with a great bedside manner. He is constantly keeping up to date with medical studies and conferences. At such a large clinic I was afraid I would be just another number, I was wrong. Every staff member I came into contact with was pleasant and seemed to genuinely care about me and the treatment I was receiving.
Don't wait, go see him now!
Dr. Kolb started off treatment with multiple diagnostic tests. Labs, ultrasound and a hysteroscopy. Medication was started low and Dr. Kolb followed my results very closely. If adjustments needed to be made it was under his direction.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
Monica was assigned as our coordinator and main person of contact. She handled everything from medication ordering and appointment scheduling. She was wonderful at checking in regularly and always returned calls and emails promptly. When I needed extra medication Monica was there to send me samples to get me through treatment. And for extra peace of mind she gave me her personal phone number for after hour contact. Unfortunately she no longer works there. Her successor, Flor is also fantastic and I believe will live up to the standard Monica held as Dr. Kolb's assistant.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Everything is self contained at this clinic making it a one stop. You will see your doctor, coordinator, lab, financial and surgical team all at the same office! With everything in the same location appointments are less stressful. The clinic is large and in high demand. However even with a large patient doctor ratio you are never rushed.
Dr. Kolb advised us of our option to transfer multiples. At my age the maximum amount that he would transfer was 2. He did warn us of the possibility of having twins.