7.3

Westlake Village, CA 91361
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

2021, Successful
Dr. Norian was very honest about our chances and what he thought would be best and provide the best results. He adjusted as soon as needed and resulted in a positive pregnancy. Throughout the process he was very carefully to proceed carefully and make sure my progesterone levels were adequate to prevent a miscarriage...What made the most difference in my procedure was the "step process" which allowed the follicle to mature to full size and time the ovulation perfectly accompanied by the IUI.
The clinic [at HRC Fertility] was always very clean and all of the nursing staff was excellent. The only weakness I noted is the front desk staff was at times not as friendly. Would sometimes not even look up when arriving and signing in...Megan [a nurese] was absolutely wonderful, she always responded promptly to my emails and was very helpful...Dr. Norian was very honest about our chances and what he thought would be best and provide the best results. He adjusted as soon as needed and resulted in a positive pregnancy.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Trust that Dr. Norian knows what he is doing and ask a lot of questions to feel absolutely secure about the decisions being made and procedures.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian always made sure to explain everything in detail and review all the risks, benefits, and procedures. And he answered all questions.
Describe the protocols John Norian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Megan Ramirez )
Megan was absolutely wonderful, she always responded promptly to my emails and was very helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic was always very clean and all of the nursing staff was excellent. The only weakness I noted is the front desk staff was at times not as friendly. Would sometimes not even look up when arriving and signing in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Norian at HRC Fertility.
Costs for all of the ultrasounds, medications, and any blood work.
Rancho Cucamonga
Dr. Ketefian was very thorough and spoke slowly in our 1.5 hour initial consultation. I felt like she never made me feel dumb since this was my first time going through this process. I asked a lot of questions and she answered them all...was patient with me and always transparent and delivered even not so good news with grace and sensitivity..
I was always taken care of even the [HRC Fertility] nurses and the staff at their new location in Pasadena were very friendly and professional. The new clinic is much more spacious and nice and clean. They do not validate for the parking structure so be sure to park on the street or meters! Call beforehand to confirm with them...
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Aline Ketefian was patient with me and always transparent and delivered even not so good news with grace and sensitivity. Sometimes you are not seen right away for your scheduled time, but they keep you updated on timing along the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
I would say, do a cycle of egg freezing here if it is your first time. Also, ask for the early appointments so you're not there all morning and you can get it done with and on with your day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I was always taken care of even the nurses and the staff at their new location in Pasadena were very friendly and professional. The new clinic is much more spacious and nice and clean. They do not validate for the parking structure so be sure to park on the street or meters! Call beforehand to confirm with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility.
Costs are either billed by insurance or billed by RSA the surgery center
Aline Ketefian
Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr. Chavkin felt as one was a human and not a number as she always addressed me by my name always. She was the one that personally examined me every visit, and always was aware of the medication I was on...[she] was very forth coming about all procedures and expectations meanwhile communicating in a subtle and kind way. Always receives you with a smile..
I personally never had an issue. The entire [HRC Fertility] staff was nothing but kind to me. They always accommodate to my schedule. Always answered all my questions. They always received me with a smile. The office was always clean and organized...We purchased the 25k all inclusive package, though are cost totaled around 30K..
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was very forth coming about all procedures and expectations meanwhile communicating in a subtle and kind way. Always receives you with a smile. Dr. Chavkin made the process feel safe and comfortable. Dr. Chavkin could sometimes allow for the patient to enjoy the ultrasounds a bit longer and not feel so rushed all the time. Though other than her experience and knowledge makes for a very pleasant experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Ask as many questions as you need and she has the best answers and they will put you ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Being treated by Dr. Chavkin felt as one was a human and not a number as she always addressed me by my name always. She was the one that personally examined me every visit, and always was aware of the medication I was on.
Describe the protocols Diana Chavkin used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Overall strategy was putting me on meds for egg retrieval and transfer when the time called for it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Garcia )
On top of everything, detailed, kind, attentive.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I personally never had an issue. The entire staff was nothing but kind to me. They always accommodate to my schedule. Always answered all my questions. They always received me with a smile. The office was always clean and organized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility.
We purchased the 25k all inclusive package, though are cost totaled around 30K.
Describe Diana Chavkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
West Los Angeles

Dr. Norian was very friendly and informative and always made sure I got the right attention and kept me up to date. ...I have DOR and endometriosis ... Dr. Norian is very compassionate, driven, and has your best interest at heart. ... He is a very knowledgeable, personable, and outgoing guy that strives for excellence. After seeing 2 other fertility doctors before him, meeting him I knew I made the right choice.
The wait times [at HRC] seem long sometimes. But I understand that things can make times longer. Strengths would be the hustle to make sure everyone gets to where they are going or need to have done in a timely manner. ... They [nurses] all were very friendly and helpful ... For a round of ivf plus a fresh or frozen procedure included was $10,500 and meds were an extra $5000 ...
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian is very compassionate, driven, and has your best interest at heart. He has a family of his own so he understands the dire need of couples wanting children. He is a very knowledgeable, personable, and outgoing guy that strives for excellence. After seeing 2 other fertility doctors before him, meeting him I knew I made the right choice.
Bring a book or magazine. Sometimes the wait times can be a little long.
I have DOR and endometriosis so I did 12 days of stiming and egg retrieval got 6 mature eggs. All fertilized and only 3 made it to day 5. For my frozen transfer we are doing an antagonist protocol with lupron
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Deanne molina)
They all were very friendly and helpful
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The wait times seem long sometimes. But I understand that things can make times longer. Strengths would be the hustle to make sure everyone gets to where they are going or need to have done in a timely manner.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr Potter makes you feel comfortable. Talks to you about personal things like his kids and his own battle with fertility. ... He’s blunt about your odds of success and helps you as much as he can to reach that success. ... The man always gives you a sense of warmth. It just makes you want to hug him. His ultimate goal is to help you get your family, and you can feel that. ... It [Eset approach] wasn’t really brought up. We were okay with multiples.
I honestly can not complain. If there was an error, it was fixed properly and we moved on. ... I had no problem contacting individuals [HRC] , or getting questions answered in a timely manner. They were wonderful. ... They do offer an out of pocket discount as well. ... Our care coordinator gave us her personal cell phone number! I work in nursing and wouldn’t even do that! She is very proactive and gets the ball rolling!
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
The man always gives you a sense of warmth. It just makes you want to hug him. His ultimate goal is to help you get your family, and you can feel that. He’s blunt about your odds of success and helps you as much as he can to reach that success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
To pick him as your doctor. I recommend him to the fullest. Such a great guy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
lupron. Estrodial. Progesterone injections and suppositories. Medrol then transfer. Bedrest for 3 days, and continue meds until beta.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel yun)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I honestly can not complain. If there was an error, it was fixed properly and we moved on. The only hiccups in the process was my own body. I had no problem contacting individuals, or getting questions answered in a timely manner. They were wonderful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
Total was about $25k for everything including meds. (Our of pocket). They do offer an out of pocket discount as well.
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
It wasn’t really brought up. We were okay with multiples.
Newport Beach

The doctor gave me a good vive since I met him. I feel comfortable doing my treatment with him . I met him at his seminar and then when I had my first consultation he was pretty good explaining the procedure that he would do in my case. ... I had 3 ectopic pregnancies and when I saw another doctor before dr Kolb they told me to to IUI which in my case didn’t work. De Kolb told me since the bugging that the only way to try to get pregnant would me to do ivf.
Even though HRC is a big clinic. Everyone there is so nice ... The clinics strengths is that they are always busy this means that they have a lot of patients which is a good sign I would think. The only complaint would be the parking. If you go during the busy hours you might not find parking ... The nurse is very professional. She seems that she loves her job. She always answers my emails or any questions or concerns that we have.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
To write all your questions before you go to the appointment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Even though HRC is a big clinic. Everyone there is so nice
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
His extrategy on my case was to be honest with me . I had 3 ectopic pregnancies and when I saw another doctor before dr Kolb they told me to to IUI which in my case didn’t work. De Kolb told me since the bugging that the only way to try to get pregnant would me to do ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie )
Pasadena

Dr. March has the best bedside manner. He's funny and caring. He tells you the truth and is open to ideas. He will sit and have a conversation with you and treats you like a friend vs. a number....He is great a communication and always has a plan b if something does not work. He truly is great at what he does and his bedside manner is exceptional. I feel comfortable and he's always available.... For thin lining, he put me on trental 400mg initially 1x a day and then increased it to 2x a day.
They [HRC- Pasadena] seem to have all appointments down from what I can tell. They are very busy so I can't imagine how they are able to keep everything running smoothly. I have only witness Dr. March, his care coordinator and the blood work team.... $660 for hysteroscopy... Dr. March has the best bedside manner. He's funny and caring. He tells you the truth and is open to ideas. He will sit and have a conversation with you and treats you like a friend vs. a number.
How was your experience with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles March at HRC Fertility?
Ask as many questions as possible! He will let you know his opinion on things as he is open minded when it comes to alternative solutions such as eastern medicines and herbs.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Charles March used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
For thin lining, he put me on trental 400mg initially 1x a day and then increased it to 2x a day. He has recommended a G-CSF wash which is used on cancer patients and has small number of patients with success.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They seem to have all appointments down from what I can tell. They are very busy so I can't imagine how they are able to keep everything running smoothly. I have only witness Dr. March, his care coordinator and the blood work team.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles March at HRC Fertility.
$660 for hysteroscopy.
Charles March
Pasadena

Dr Potter is an amazing RE! He’s extremely intelligent and experienced. You may have to wait to see him (let’s be honest, you wait a lot), but he’s worth it. I’ve recommended several women to him all of which had successful ivf cycles.... We were MFI; no issues on the female side. We did a long Lupron protocol and 23 eggs were retrieved. 13 made it to day 5. We did PGS testing (I highly recommend it) and 5 came back normal.
Up to date and gorgeous clinic [HRC]. Highly trained and educated staff. Everyone is extremely kind and invested in you and the process. The sono rooms are nice as are the waiting rooms. Coffee is available. The surgery center is very high tech and up to date. You can also watch the embryologists woel begins the glass.... My coordinator, Stephanie, is wonderful! She always answered my questions and was there when needed.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Be patient. He’s late, a lot. But he’s worth it.
I always got answers to my questions. I got hugs when I needed and sympathy when I needed it.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Up to date and gorgeous clinic. Highly trained and educated staff. Everyone is extremely kind and invested in you and the process. The sono rooms are nice as are the waiting rooms. Coffee is available. The surgery center is very high tech and up to date. You can also watch the embryologists woel begins the glass.
Our first cycle was covered by insurance so it was less than 10k. For our FET we were given a military/veteran discount of 50% off.
He will allow you to transfer up to two PGS or non PGS embryos.

2015 - 2018, Successful
She [Dr. Frederick] was very helpful & always answered my questioned. ... he was very alert & was always there when I had questions. She made time for me ... She was very informative & made sure I understood everything before I left my appointments. If I had additional questions after my appointments I was able to email her & she would respond the same day & or call me if she felt it would of been before.
Strength: you are assigned my coordinator & she knows everything about you so you don’t have to worry about being passed around. Weakness: I’m unsure they [HRC] where very helpful. Maybe it was making sure they would open at the time they said they would be open. Since I would take AM appt. to make sure I made it work on time ... She [nurse] was 100% there for me. Always took my phone calls & responses to emails right away
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
She was very helpful & always answered my questioned. She was very informative & made sure I understood everything before I left my appointments. If I had additional questions after my appointments I was able to email her & she would respond the same day & or call me if she felt it would of been before.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Go in with all your questions written down she is very knowledgeable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
She was very alert & was always there when I had questions. She made time for me
Describe the protocols Jane Frederick used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
She had a calendar for me which documented when I should take my meds & at what time. If a blood test came back not to her standards she would adjust & resend my calendar.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla)
She was 100% there for me. Always took my phone calls & responses to emails right away
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strength: you are assigned my coordinator & she knows everything about you so you don’t have to worry about being passed around. Weakness: I’m unsure they where very helpful. Maybe it was making sure they would open at the time they said they would be open. Since I would take AM appt. to make sure I made it work on time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility.
Treatment was not cheap. I spent approx. $20k on 1 round of ivf & $6k for FET
Jane Frederick
Newport Beach
Dr T [David Tourgeman] was very professional and intelligent, yet still able to maintain friendly bedside manner. I felt like he took the time to review my case and adjust each cycle as needed. He always kept me in the loop and warned me of possible side effects.... Saw Dr T at every appt, willing to sit down and answer any questions I had, empathetic and friendly.
[At HRC- West LA] Never had to wait long for appointments, easy scheduling, and on the ball insurance/billing staff. Loved chatting with the blood draw ladies! Saw Dr T at every appt and he was readily available for questions. I had to contact the on call MD on the weekend once, and was rapidly responded to in a friendly manner.... Advocate for yourself if you don't understand or need to clarify instructions. Dr T is amazing and I fully trust him, but always remember it's your body, trust your instincts.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr T was very professional and intelligent, yet still able to maintain friendly bedside manner. I felt like he took the time to review my case and adjust each cycle as needed. He always kept me in the loop and warned me of possible side effects.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Ask questions! Advocate for yourself if you don't understand or need to clarify instructions. Dr T is amazing and I fully trust him, but always remember it's your body, trust your instincts.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Unsuccessful clomid round with ObGyn. Moved on to IUI with stims with Dr T, but unfortunately had to cancel due to producing too many follicles. Currently finishing IVF with results tbd.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.
~15-20k
2018, Consult
He [Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] was a kind and knowledgable doctor. However, I did feel like the visit was a bit rushed. I would have appreciated learning more about options aside from IVF and IUI. More attention to medical options on trying to conceive naturally by addressing diet and or medications or hormones that would support the effort in trying to conceive naturally...I felt like he tried to treat my husband and I with personalized care and advice but there was an air of feeling like my 'age' was going to set a discouraging tone to diagnosis and treatment.
The Clinic [HRC-Pasadena] was clean and nicely decorated. I would have preferred and environment resembling less like a 5 star hotel and more down to earth. A more modest setting would have lent it self to a feeling of welcome and less intimidating...Luckily I was given a coupon from my OBGYN to be able to visit HRC for my first consultation for free...I felt like he [Dr. Nelson] tried to treat my husband and I with personalized care and advice but there was an air of feeling like my 'age' was going to set a discouraging tone to diagnosis and treatment.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
He was a kind and knowledgable doctor. However, I did feel like the visit was a bit rushed. I would have appreciated learning more about options aside from IVF and IUI. More attention to medical options on trying to conceive naturally by addressing diet and or medications or hormones that would support the effort in trying to conceive naturally.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Be prepared with questions beforehand. Do your research and have them written down before you arrive for the appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The Clinic was clean and nicely decorated. I would have preferred and environment resembling less like a 5 star hotel and more down to earth. A more modest setting would have lent it self to a feeling of welcome and less intimidating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
Jeffrey Nelson
Pasadena

He [Dr. John Norian] was always up on my case and made adjustments to my plan of care as needed.... Very personable and knowledgable doctor that wants the best for his patients. He is up on the latest trends in infertility and makes adjustments as needed for your treatment. Ivf is challenging and so it helps to have an empathetic doctor.... He changed up my protocol the second round after only getting 7 eggs with IVF #1. For the second round he added DHEA before stims and then HGH during with higher menopur. I got 15 eggs that cycle.
[HRS has a] Great doctor, personable from desk and finance team but the nursing team could be more empathetic and supportive.... Not very personable in email communications. Only called the day after my miscarriage, no other follow up or support. Warmer in the office but very busy.... FET 3,500 IVF 6,900 PGS Testing 5,000.... Ask questions, do your own research and be prepared for plans to change as your body responds to treatment.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
He was always up on my case and made adjustments to my plan of care as needed. Currently going through FET #2 with him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
FET 3,500 IVF 6,900 PGS Testing 5,000
Describe John Norian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
He prefers single transfer for safer pregnancy.

2017, Unknown Success
Dr norian takes good care of my self and partner acknowledge and cares so much. The clinic very clean homewelcoming a bit small but nice and moderen. The nurses know your name and ask how's everything they do care...They take time to talk to you as a human answer questions emails or voicemails. The nurses help so much. They will donate medicine if needed go to your home for injection if your not able to do it yourself
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
My protocol was very easy and non stressful they make a calendar which is very easy to follow they explain everything very clear and simply follow it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Saba )
Nudes they do take their time and help resolve the issue the same day or yet wishing houses.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Clinic is very clean always very welcoming. They always have goodies coffee good coffee and more beverages a bit small
Very expenssive we paid out of pocket all of it. No loans or anything
Since we didn't test emmbryos we decided to transfer two which I thought was great I know multiples and it was explain have more risk or complications.

2013 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. John Wilcox] is very smart, great bedside manner. Only issue is clinic is very busy so he doesn't have that much time for you so you won't see him for all ultrasounds. I saw a physicians assistant on my initial appointments for my frozen cycle.... The clinic is incredibly busy but my doctor never rushed me or made me feel like he didn't have time to answer questions.
Weaknesses [for HRC-Pasadna] are the billing department. They are horrible! Terribly unoriganized. They really need to figure that out, but the treatment part is great. Also, they seem overly busy this time around (2017) versus when I went through IVF in 2013.... She [the nurse] was excellent. There was not a single email or call that she didn't return within hours, even after I had "graduated."
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
He is very smart, great bedside manner. Only issue is clinic is very busy so he doesn't have that much time for you so you won't see him for all ultrasounds. I saw a physicians assistant on my initial appointments for my frozen cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Make a list of questions and ask him when you see him because he won't be there at every appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols John Wilcox used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We did a polypectomy before my first transfer and a hysteroscopy before the frozen one to make sure my uterus was "clean." Not sure if it was a factor but both transfers were successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nanette Villajoaquin)
She was excellent. There was not a single email or call that she didn't return within hours, even after I had "graduated."
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Weaknesses are the billing department. They are horrible! Terribly unoriganized. They really need to figure that out, but the treatment part is great. Also, they seem overly busy this time around (2017) versus when I went through IVF in 2013.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Wilcox at HRC Fertility.
It was very expensive.
Describe John Wilcox's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We did multiple embryos each time and both were successful. On the frozen cycle, one embryo split into 2.
John Wilcox
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Coffler is very honest, up front and compassionate. He answers all my questions even when they're a little crazy. He has always explained everything that is going on and how every procedure will go.... I was on a high dose of gonal f with menopur, lupron and estrogen, followed by progesterone. I reacted very well to everything. We were worried I would suffer from OHSS but I followed their instructions and recovered just fine within a few days of my retrieval. After my fresh transfer failed we decided to do an endometrial scratch, which wasn't fun but my frozen transfer worked (later ending in a missed miscarriage).
When I first started going there [HRC] it was much less busy than it is now (within 6 months). Which is great and he's an amazing doctor I just feel they need more staff with getting busier, wait times have increased and being in there a few times a week can make it hard on a work schedule.... $12,900 first round Retrieval, fresh transfer, monitoring and blood work, PGS $700 One year freezing embryos $3,500 Frozen transfer $75 for 2 pregnancy blood tests $270 for ultrasounds after positive test Meds were outside of the office around $5,000
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Mickey Coffler used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
When I first started going there it was much less busy than it is now (within 6 months). Which is great and he's an amazing doctor I just feel they need more staff with getting busier, wait times have increased and being in there a few times a week can make it hard on a work schedule
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility.
Mickey Coffler
Oceanside

Dr. B [Boostanfar] was by far the most compassionate RE that I have ever worked with. He called me on his Christmas vacation when he found out that I had miscarried. He wanted to be there for support and also let me know that he was so very sorry that our cycle did not turn out how we all had hoped...He was a dream to work with and shows that he truly has a passion for his career. You will be treated kindly and professionally every step of the way...
Everything was completed in house [at HRC - Encino] and when I did need to do monitoring close to my home it was easily taken care of at HRC Rancho Cucamonga. The clinic had speedy and accurate communication with one another...Maribel is very knowledgeable and just a kind hearted woman. She was always just a call or email away with questions or concerns that I had. She really made my experience with HRC top notch...
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
I literally have nothing negative to say about Dr. Boostanfar. He was a dream to work with and shows that he truly has a passion for his career. You will be treated kindly and professionally every step of the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Stop your search here, you will not find anyone more knowledgeable or compassionate in the industry.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. B was by far the most compassionate RE that I have ever worked with. He called me on his Christmas vacation when he found out that I had miscarried. He wanted to be there for support and also let me know that he was so very sorry that our cycle did not turn out how we all had hoped.
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
My protocol was adjusted with each cycle (2 total) and I knew that he was in fact creating a plan that was designed for me. He is not a one size fits all RE.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Maribel Esparza)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Again I do not have anything negative to say. Everything was completed in house and when I did need to do monitoring close to my home it was easily taken care of at HRC Rancho Cucamonga. The clinic had speedy and accurate communication with one another.

2013 - 2015, Successful
Strengths: caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, personally relatable in the IVF process as his child was conceived through IVF. He's incredibly attentive, kind and humble. Weaknesses: he seems tired all the time but that's to be expected in his line of work!... Dr. Tourgeman has a special gift of making you feel golden and like you're his only patient. His kindness, care and bedside manner is extremely comforting during an incredibly delicate and difficult time
They [HRC] seemed disorganized at times but were prompt to try to resolve it... I had an appointment and was not on the books so they had me waiting for 2 hours once before I was seen. Dr Tourgeman was really upset and apologized profusely for the confusion... [The nurse's] Strengths: guidance not to panic regarding at home medication mis dosage etc Weakness: seemed distracted
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Eat lots of mono unsaturated fats! Like avocados and nuts
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vera )
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They seemed disorganized at times but were prompt to try to resolve it
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
He advised as he saw appropriate for our situation and diagnosis and we chose to trust him and follow his suggested protocol.

2015, Successful
Dr. Kolb's bedside manner is one of disarming confidence. He's so confident that it could easily be misinterpreted as arrogance, but he's extremely caring and patient with questions. It is obvious he has seen it all. When our family was extremely vulnerable, Dr Kolb respected our concerns and fears.... Our cycle was very straight forward though it presented more complicated due to our age.... Patients should not expect to get the warm and fuzzies the entire time, but rather have a doctor who knows his craft and will lead you in the right direction.
They [HRC Fertility Pasadena] come highly recommended for a good reason. They are professionals and have a high success rate. Recommended by city of hope for cancer survivors. They came through for us and we are very thankful for their care.... She [nurse] was good, a bit distracted at times but compassionate.... Based upon age, plus medications. We were fortunate to receive a grant from Baby Quest to cover the costs of medication and a portion of our cycle.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Kolb's bedside manner is one of disarming confidence. He's so confident that it could easily be misinterpreted as arrogance, but he's extremely caring and patient with questions. It is obvious he has seen it all. When our family was extremely vulnerable, Dr Kolb respected our concerns and fears. Patients should not expect to get the warm and fuzzies the entire time, but rather have a doctor who knows his craft and will lead you in the right direction.
Trust the process. Relax. You'll be better off for it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
She was good, a bit distracted at times but compassionate.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They come highly recommended for a good reason. They are professionals and have a high success rate. Recommended by city of hope for cancer survivors. They came through for us and we are very thankful for their care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
N/A as we only had one embryo.

2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
This was my first egg freezing cycle and I was treated with warmth and respect every step of the way...Working with Dr. Chavkin was a pleasure and I definitely recommend her. She was warm and took the time to answer all of my questions. I saw her a few times during my treatment and then she performed my retrieval...My insurance covered 80%, and my out of pocket costs were ~$6,000...
Working with HRC Fertility was a great experience...This was my first egg freezing cycle and I was treated with warmth and respect every step of the way...[nurse] was available to answer every question I had along every step of the process. She even offered to drive to my house to drop off medication on the night before my treatment started because the delivery was going to be delayed...My doctor was located in the West Los Angeles location, but the clinic allowed me to do my weekly monitoring at the Pasadena location since it is closer to my home. I had good experiences as both locations...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Joanna Truong)
Joanna was available to answer every question I had along every step of the process. She even offered to drive to my house to drop off medication on the night before my treatment started because the delivery was going to be delayed. She was great to work with.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Working with HRC Fertility was a great experience. My doctor was located in the West Los Angeles location, but the clinic allowed me to do my weekly monitoring at the Pasadena location since it is closer to my home. I had good experiences as both locations.
My insurance covered 80%, and my out of pocket costs were ~$6,000

2008 - 2011, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr Kolb was warm and attentive in person and on the phone. He spoke so that we could understand all aspects of what we were doing medically, and helped us make choices when appropriate. He never appeared rushed or like he was pushing us out to get to his next appointment, and he was a pleasure to deal with...Communication was clear, and the one time we had a miscommunication with office staff, Dr Kolb called me himself yo acknowledge it and apologize.
We had some difficulty with communication from the coordinator, and when Dr Kolb realized it, he called me and addressed it...The practice is large, which can be off putting to some, but it did not affect our experience. They are LGBT affirming, and we had no issues being 2 men pursuing parenthood...Dr Kolb was warm and attentive in person and on the phone. He spoke so that we could understand all aspects of what we were doing medically, and helped us make choices when appropriate. He never appeared rushed or like he was pushing us out to get to his next appointment, and he was a pleasure to deal with.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Ask your questions and ask got further clarification on things that are not clear or concern you. He's got a good bedside manner, and made us feel comfortable, which was important for us particularly because we had already had a difficult experience at another clinic.
I don't recall.
I don't recall.
Pasadena

Dr Boostenfar was very knowledgable and was the only doctor to recommend a DNA sperm fragmentation test prior to undergoing IVF. I loved that he cared so much about the success of the treatment rather than rushing into IVF right away. He is also a very busy doctor, so his visits felt rushed, not enough time to ask questions. ... He straight forward which I liked.
The clinic is small and it has more of a home feel, which we loved. The nurses were really sweet and knowledgeable and always responded to any questions and took the time to explain everything to us. However, I did notice this clinic was a little pricier than others. ... The nurses were GREAT! Very sweet and open to questions. Very organized as well.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He straight forward which I liked. Have a list of questions because you will feel rushed during the visit.
The office was small, which my husband and I loved. The nurses were great, they truly made you feel like family.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
About $25-27K. Depending on procedures.

2012 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Tourgeman is a great doctor - he is positive and upbeat and seems to really care for his patients. He never rushed me out of appointments and seemed knowledgeable and mostly up to date. When he didn't have an answer, he gave referrals to top LA doctors. ... He’s very personable and cares about his patients. ... Like any RE, he can be busy. Be organized with your questions of tou want to get the most out of your appointments.
Doesnt feel as much like a revolving door as other places i have been treated. Office staff [HRC] wasnt always quick at responding but it was fairly easy to actually speak to someone instead of leaving endless voicemails, like l have expected at other clinics. ... Had a lot of difficulty getting trst results transferred to specialists. ... It often took multiple phone calls to get office staff to transfer records, but in person they were lovely.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He’s very personable and cares about his patients.
I don’t really recall specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vera)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Doesnt feel as much like a revolving door as other places i have been treated. Office staff wasnt always quick at responding but it was fairly easy to actually speak to someone instead of leaving endless voicemails, like l have expected at other clinics.
I don’t recall costs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Had a lot of difficulty getting trst results transferred to specialists.
West Los Angeles
Dr B[oostenfar] is extremely compassionate, kind and gentle...He thoroughly explains, draws out if needed, and covers all concerns. He is responsive to your needs and is attentive to them as well. He has the ability to ease your mind...He is knowledgable... His staff is VERY well trained and is on top of everything
I had to advocate several times not to take bc [at HRC]...The surgery center woman (in Encino) could use some compassionate care training...asking for a 'total fee' of everything and then still being asked to pay...The nurses there are compassionate, kind, well trained and go over and beyond...He [Dr. Boostenfar] is a kind and compassionate doctor. He thoroughly explains, draws out if needed, and covers all concerns. He is responsive to your needs and is attentive to them as well. He has the ability to ease your mind.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He is a kind and compassionate doctor. He thoroughly explains, draws out if needed, and covers all concerns. He is responsive to your needs and is attentive to them as well. He has the ability to ease your mind.
He is knowledgable
Dr B is extremely compassionate, kind and gentle. His staff is VERY well trained and is on top of everything
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bahare)
The nurses there are compassionate, kind, well trained and go over and beyond
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The surgery center woman (in Encino) could use some compassionate care training - other than that? She truly was nice. I do not have anything that could be suggested here unless you count asking for a 'total fee' of everything and then still being asked to pay
So far, over 25k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Not really. I had to advocate several times not to take bc
Westlake Village

Dr Kolb take his time to answer all my questions and give honest opinion of how he predict my ivf outcome....He personally called me to explain my question and concern....For my retrieval cycle, I started with birth control pills enskyee first, then gonal F 900 with Menopur, then added centrotide... they [HRC] provide exceptional care and service to you. Wait time in the lobby was never more than 10 mins and their staffs are all highly trained.
Hrc Pasadena is a little bit more princey compare with other ivf clinic in Los Angeles area. But they provide exceptional care and service to you. Wait time in the lobby was never more than 10 mins and their staffs are all highly trained....I never have trouble scheduling my monitoring appt, I alway get my 7:30 am so I don't have to take too much time from work....They are good in communicating via email. Most of the time I got a reply within 24 hrs.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr Kolb take his time to answer all my questions and give honest opinion of how he predict my ivf outcome. I have to have two egg retrieval to come up with 9 embryo for Pgs and pgd testing, only 1 came back normally.
He personally called me to explain my question and concern.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Pena)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
I spent about $50000 for two round of ivf.
Pasadena
He [Dr. Tourgeman] was very attentive and spent time explaining everything we were going through...He had great bed side manner. He answered all questions and took his time to listen to any concerns we had...We first had to remove some tissue from my uterus to ensure the embryo could attach. We then tried IUI a get time. To be more aggressive we moved to IVF and did the genetic testing..
Great clinic [HRC] with great staff...[Re: Nurse] She communicated very well and I always understood the plan. She took time to show me how to administer all the medication and called me frequently with updates...My insurance paid most of it. I had to pay 5000 for IVF and had several other bills as well...He [Dr. Tourgeman] was very attentive and spent time explaining everything we were going through.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He had great bed side manner. He answered all questions and took his time to listen to any concerns we had. He took charge and told us what we needed to do next where my previous doctor did not and left us unsure if next steps. When issues came up he knew how to handle them.
To trust his advise
He was very attentive and spent time explaining everything we were going through.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Great clinic with great staff
I wanted to try one first since we did th genetic testing. If that didn't work we were doing to put two in the next time