Robert Boostanfar

Westlake Village, CA 91361
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

2018 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Ketefian is an extremely thoughtful healthcare provider and truly takes time to listen to patients to be able to make the most appropriate suggestions for their treatment plans. Dr. Ketefian also performed many different procedures (hysteroscopies, saline ultrasounds, retrieval etc.)...After I had a miscarriage with my first transfer and my husband and I were ready to try another transfer, Dr. Ketefian took the time to really think about what our options were and talked through all of our questions with us. She also suggested consultations with other specialists (in my case, a reproductive immunologist) and was always open to working with his approach
Overall, I think HRC - Pasadena is a lovely clinic. Their new location is beautiful and I appreciate the atmosphere that they've very mindfully curated. The reception staff is helpful. The phlebotomists are friendly and efficient. The one weakness I would highlight is that the finance department feels a little disconnected from the whole experience. (e.g. delays with processing, not-so-user-friendly online portal, etc.)...You will sometimes have to wait a little longer than expected at your appointments to see Dr. Ketefian, but it's definitely worth it! :)
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
After I had a miscarriage with my first transfer and my husband and I were ready to try another transfer, Dr. Ketefian took the time to really think about what our options were and talked through all of our questions with us. She also suggested consultations with other specialists (in my case, a reproductive immunologist) and was always open to working with his approach (adjusting cycles, etc., as needed). I truly always felt heard and that our questions were being addressed at every single appointment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Ketefian is an extremely thoughtful healthcare provider and truly takes time to listen to patients to be able to make the most appropriate suggestions for their treatment plans. Dr. Ketefian also performed many different procedures (hysteroscopies, saline ultrasounds, retrieval etc.) and was always clear about why she was doing these and what I could expect. I had my first successful transfer in February 2021, but unfortunately had a miscarriage at 13w6d (which was long after I “graduated” from HRC). However, Dr. Ketefian personally reached out with her condolences.
Describe the protocols Aline Ketefian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
A mock transfer to determine my receptivity was something I am very grateful that Dr. Ketefian did prior to my first transfer. This helped determine how long I would take progesterone in oil leading up to my transfer. I also had a protocol of estradiol and endometrin. For my second transfer, I also used PiO, estradiol, and endometrin, but Dr. Ketefian also added in estrogen patches. As I mentioned previously, she was also open to hearing input from my Reproductive Immunologist and they worked together prior to my second transfer, which included 3 months of Lupron and Letrozole (after a Receptiva test that showed I had elevated inflammation).
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia Cruz)
Cynthia was extremely responsive and patient and kind. Cynthia went above and beyond to make sure that I had all of the information I needed after appointments, ordered the medications, and answered all of my questions about how and when to take said medications. I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about Cynthia - it was a true joy being able to work with her during the time I was receiving care at HRC.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility.
I believe that the up front IVF package (retrieval, first transfer, and all associated appointments) was about $14,000. This did not include any medications.
Describe Aline Ketefian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
My husband and I ended up with 3 PGT tested normal embryos after my egg retrieval in 2020. For my first transfer, Dr. Ketefian recommended single embryo transfer with our most highly rated embryo. That transfer was successful (although I had a miscarriage at almost 14 weeks). When it came time for second transfer, based on the ratings of the two embryos we had left, Dr. Ketefian recommended transferring both. One did not "stick" and I am currently pregnant with a singleton pregnancy. (I believe that this was hands down the best decision and am grateful we transferred both of the remaining embryos.)
Aline Ketefian

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Chavkin was compassionate and also realistic...She is nurturing and attentive. She truly cares about her patients. It was amazing seeing her every appointment (as opposed to a nurse or tech). It took us 3 retrievals and Dr. Chavkin was honest while keeping us motivated every step of the way. Dr. Chavkin is brilliant and took time to answer all questions...She herself has been through IVF; and perhaps because of her personal experience her empathy was felt every step of the way....
The nurse(s) at HRC were amazing. I saw the same one each visit and she managed my case in terms of communicating medication changes, etc. The office staff were organized...The clinic was great. Highly organized and kind. The lab- which is super important in this process has amazing reviews. During procedures at the Encino location- everyone was really kind and the surgeries felt as positive as they could be because of the care of the nurses, staff, etc...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
I loved Dr. Chavkin. She is nurturing and attentive. She truly cares about her patients. It was amazing seeing her every appointment (as opposed to a nurse or tech). It took us 3 retrievals and Dr. Chavkin was honest while keeping us motivated every step of the way. Dr. Chavkin is brilliant and took time to answer all questions. Initially I was using a practice in Florida. The doctors were very hard to get in touch with. I never had this issue with Dr. Chavkin.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
If you are above 40 (I am pregnant at 42), the process may be longer then you think. Dr. Chavkin shares all of the facts and it is easy to white out what you don’t want to hear about age; but going in knowing that it may take more then one egg retrieval to create chromosomally normal embryos will help with all of the psychological stuff that comes with fertility issues.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was compassionate and also realistic. She herself has been through IVF; and perhaps because of her personal experience her empathy was felt every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Joanna)
I left a different fertility practice due to the nurses being poor communicators and the office staff being extremely unorganized. The nurse(s) at HRC were amazing. I saw the same one each visit and she managed my case in terms of communicating medication changes, etc. The office staff were organized.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
I really love that everything is in one office here [at HRC Fertility]. I would say the only slight weakness was the response time from billing. They did get back to us and after that one time we haven’t had problems since...The staff has been so helpful and our nurse Ariana is absolutely amazing. She answers every question and had a super quick response time...
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
I was very hesitant to switch clinics because we were very comfortable where we were at but we felt like we weren’t getting any where and we never saw the same dr at that office. After switching to Dr. Alison Peck it was a huge sigh of relief because I felt like we had someone who was really rooting for us. Our consultation was pretty basic just getting all of the information down but from there we saw her at every appointment. She was very detailed in everything she saw in ultrasounds, possible risks and just making sure we had all the information needed to make each decision moving forward. We are doing reciprocal ivf so my wife went through the egg retrieval. It went really well and Dr. Peck even held my wife’s hand going into the procedure! I don’t know any Dr who would provide that type care and compassion to an overwhelming situation like that. It was very much appreciated. We are still in the middle of a cycle but I tell my wife after almost every appointment that I am so glad we switched clinics.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Even if you think of some after the appointment. She is really good at painting a whole picture and not just sugar coating things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
She took the time to get to know us and what our goals were.
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
After our baseline blood work we started meds for my wife’s egg retrieval. As we went in for the blood work and ultrasounds leading up to the retrieval she changed the dose of menopur and one other to help us get the most out of our retrieval
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ariana)
The staff has been so helpful and our nurse Ariana is absolutely amazing. She answers every question and had a super quick response time. She has never made me feel like any of my questions were stupid and even follows up after appointments or procedures just to see how we are doing. I feel so lucky to have these 2 people on our team as we try and have the family we have been trying so hard for.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I really love that everything is in one office here. I would say the only slight weakness was the response time from billing. They did get back to us and after that one time we haven’t had problems since.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.
Our egg retrieval with medication was about $18,000. I don’t remember exactly the amount of genetic testing but all together I think it was around $24,000 including the transfer. Give it take a little
Describe Alison Peck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
After we had our embryos genetically tested we only had one normal embryo but if I remember correctly she was open to transferring more than one embryo. We just haven’t reached that point yet.
Alison Peck

2021 - 2022, Consult
Dr. Coffler was upfront about his findings and his presumptions based on our previous diagnosis and work with other doctors. He set our expectations based on this and managed it well. He was very warm and took his time to explain everything...He presents information as very matter-of-fact so take that into consideration, although he is warm, it may not come off that way immediately...
The clinic [HRC Fertility] recently moved locations and we haven’t visited the new location yet. They were very efficient at the old location. It was a smaller office but it wasn’t crowded or busy when we were there for visits. They were easy to get ahold of, whether it was through phone or email...We had a lot of stop and go’s with our treatments so far and Dr. Coffler and his team made sure to reach out to us and check in every now and then. Each time it was very personable and they knew exactly where we were in our treatment cycle and it didn’t feel like they were just cold calling...
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Coffler was upfront about his findings and his presumptions based on our previous diagnosis and work with other doctors. He set our expectations based on this and managed it well. He was very warm and took his time to explain everything. We moved around a lot during our testing phase and he wanted to make sure we were on the same page about everything. I was concerned about my health due to being pre diabetic and prehypertensive, along with my mental health, prior to starting IVF and he reassured me that he would work with my primary doctors to make sure we covered all of our bases and that we kept a close eye on things. He didn’t shy away from the challenges presented by my case and made us feel reassured in our choice with his clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Mickey Coffler used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We have not started our first treatment yet, I received a calendar recently however we had to push back our day 1 appointment. So I am unable to provide feedback on this at this time
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel)
Our interactions so far was with Angel, our coordinator, and she was amazing at listening and answering all of my questions. Showing empathy and being compassionate. However I just received communication that she is no longer with the clinic
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic recently moved locations and we haven’t visited the new location yet. They were very efficient at the old location. It was a smaller office but it wasn’t crowded or busy when we were there for visits. They were easy to get ahold of, whether it was through phone or email.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility.
We chose HRC because we don’t have insurance coverage and their prices (with a military discount) was comparable to the MTF clinics. Before we got our protocol they provided us with an average cost breakdown that outlined all the pricing and also provided a couple of different third party financing options
Describe Mickey Coffler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
I asked him what his standard is and he recommends his patients to do the PGA testing, and if they do, he typically only does 1 tested embryo per transfer. I asked if we wanted to do 2, would he anyway and he assured me that we can discuss that when the time came and we knew how much embryos we do have (again managing expectations since I have a low reserve), that we can discuss it again then.

2020 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Coffler is thorough and kind. He is always available to answer as many questions as we have and explains treatment and processes well. I have always felt that he really cares about us and wants us to be successful in starting our family. I’m confident that he has our best interest in mind. We have experienced many set backs in our journey and I appreciate that he is always honest with us about what we are dealing with and what our options are. We have not been successful yet but have chosen to remain with HRC, and Dr. Coffler specifically because he has provided excellent patient care.
I really like HRC. I appreciate the kindness we have experienced and the level of patient care is great. I like that they have multiple locations and many RE’s- it gives me comfort that there is a network of doctors vs just one doctor working solo without input from other professionals...There were a few instances where my lab orders weren’t called in until I followed up, or medicine orders weren’t sent until I followed up. Ultimately, the clinic staff seemed very busy which is what I attributed these things to.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
He is busy, but don’t be afraid to ask questions. He never rushes us, but sometimes I would hesitate to ask questions because I didn’t want to take up his time. As I have been a patient for more time, I have learned to advocate and ask clarifying questions if needed.
Dr. Coffler worked with my husband and I through two very difficult failed transfer cycles. He was always honest with us about our options and didn’t hide his disappointment over the result we experienced. This truly made us feel like he cared and really wanted a positive outcome for us.
I have completed 2 transfer cycles with donated embryos. I did a sonohystogram before the first transfer, and a mock cycle. For my transfer protocols, I was on lupron for 10 days leading up to the cycle, then started PIO shots 5-6 days before transfer (and after transfer). I was also on apsirin daily, and took progesterone suppositories after the transfers. I took estradiol orally for the first transfer and via injection for the second transfer. Our embryos were tested and graded well but neither resulted in successful pregnancies.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Each transfer cycle was around $12,000, but that included the cost of the donated embryo as well as the transfer. That process was handled via an outside agency and was not paid directly to HRC. Now, we are preparing for a full IVF cycle which will be about $30k (egg retrieval, testing, transfer, etc).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
There were a few instances where my lab orders weren’t called in until I followed up, or medicine orders weren’t sent until I followed up. Ultimately, the clinic staff seemed very busy which is what I attributed these things to. None of what I experienced was a big concern, and it never impacted me or my treatment cycle negatively.

2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
This was my first egg freezing cycle and I was treated with warmth and respect every step of the way...Working with Dr. Chavkin was a pleasure and I definitely recommend her. She was warm and took the time to answer all of my questions. I saw her a few times during my treatment and then she performed my retrieval...My insurance covered 80%, and my out of pocket costs were ~$6,000...
Working with HRC Fertility was a great experience...This was my first egg freezing cycle and I was treated with warmth and respect every step of the way...[nurse] was available to answer every question I had along every step of the process. She even offered to drive to my house to drop off medication on the night before my treatment started because the delivery was going to be delayed...My doctor was located in the West Los Angeles location, but the clinic allowed me to do my weekly monitoring at the Pasadena location since it is closer to my home. I had good experiences as both locations...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Joanna Truong)
Joanna was available to answer every question I had along every step of the process. She even offered to drive to my house to drop off medication on the night before my treatment started because the delivery was going to be delayed. She was great to work with.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Working with HRC Fertility was a great experience. My doctor was located in the West Los Angeles location, but the clinic allowed me to do my weekly monitoring at the Pasadena location since it is closer to my home. I had good experiences as both locations.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility.
My insurance covered 80%, and my out of pocket costs were ~$6,000

2022, 5 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Becht] was very friendly and spoke slowly to be able to understand how the procedures were going to work...The doctor requested a lot of visits to test levels and adjusted medication accordingly. They actually produced great results in the growth of follicles...She listened thoroughly and took any of the other issues that I had into consideration
[the HRC Fertilty] was great, and patient with me because I forget to stay up-to-date with things like the calendar, so she was on top of it for me...The clinic is very organized, they move through the appointments quickly which makes it easy to schedule and more comfortable...Also make sure that you know your arms for blood draw, and let them know if the blood draws are uncomfortable.
How was your experience with Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
The doctor was very friendly and spoke slowly to be able to understand how the procedures were going to work. She’s friendly and upbeat which I appreciate because this is not an easy thing to go through. She listened thoroughly and took any of the other issues that I had into consideration. So she was able to advise me and treat me correctly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, Dr. Becht has no is she giving you the time to be able to answer them. The process can be really confusing and it’s nice to have a doctor that will explain what you’re going to go through and answer any questions that make you hesitant to move forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
Everything was explained to me in a person way, not a doctor way with terms that’s are difficult to me. She was blunt in a human way also. I wanted her to be realistic based on the size of investment. She was which I appreciated.
Describe the protocols Lisa Becht used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
The doctor requested a lot of visits to test levels and adjusted medication accordingly. They actually producedgreat results in the growth of follicles. And over seeing the amount of medication helped me with the comfort level of the amount of hormones in my body.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
Amanda was great, and patient with me because I forget to stay up-to-date with things like the calendar, so she was on top of it for me. The nursing staff was very friendly, and they got to you very quickly so the appointment didn’t take too long.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very organized, they move through the appointments quickly which makes it easy to schedule and more comfortable. I like to be in and out of the doctors office. Make sure that you adhere to the schedule when they give it to you, and don’t be afraid to call and ask questions about it. Also make sure that you know your arms for blood draw, and let them know if the blood draws are uncomfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility.
All treatments are different, some people require more or less medicine so that can vary the cost of a treatment, but it’s definitely over 10 K.

2021, Successful
Dr. Norian uses his education and experience to craft a personalized plan for every patient. I never felt as if I was receiving a "cookie cutter" treatment plan with him...throughout my treatment, Dr. Norian would call me personally to give me updates and discuss the next steps in my treatment...He is very "hands on" and performs every procedure personally....
The clinic at HRC in Rancho Cucamonga is small, but cozy. Booking appointments was easy, and they were always able to get me in quickly, and during a convenient time for my schedule. The staff runs the clinic with smooth efficiency...I received very detailed cost breakdowns of the different packages and payment options that they had available....
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian is everything you could hope for in a doctor. He is personable, involved, caring, and highly intelligent. He is very "hands on" and performs every procedure personally. He cares about his patients and uses his expertise to assist them with their reproductive needs. On a more personal level, I came to Dr. Norian with high hopes, despite my age. After researching, reading reviews, and even several consultations with different doctors, I decided Dr. Norian was my best chance of conceiving. I am so pleased to report that my trust was not misplaced, because I am currently pregnant after one egg retrieval, and one embryo transfer. I highly recommend Dr. John Norian and HRC.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Do your research, but ultimately, listen to Dr. Norian. This is his life's work, and he knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian uses his education and experience to craft a personalized plan for every patient. I never felt as if I was receiving a "cookie cutter" treatment plan with him. My original consultation took place by phone, and also over zoom, and it lasted about an hour. He explained everything to my satisfaction and didn't make me feel as if he was in a rush. Additionally, throughout my treatment, Dr. Norian would call me personally to give me updates and discuss the next steps in my treatment.
Describe the protocols John Norian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval, I had 5-6 follicles at baseline. I started out with 225iu of both Follistim and Menopur. On the third day, I added .25mL of Omnitrope. After my second monitoring ultrasound on day six, my dosage of Menopur was increased to 300iu. I believe I started Ganirelix on day six. All meds continued until day 11, and I triggered with HCG on day 12, with my ER the following day. I had ten follicles at my last monitoring appointment on day eight. However, I was pleasantly surprised when 14 eggs were retrieved. Nine eggs were mature, six were fertilized successfully with ICSI, and five made it to blast by day seven. After a short wait of about a week, I received the phone call saying that one of my blastocysts was normal and approved for transfer! Because I only had one chance, I opted to do an ERA cycle prior to my embryo transfer. Dr. Norian routinely does six days of PIO, when many other doctors only do five. Even with this extra day of medication, my ERA revealed that I was slightly pre-receptive and required another 12 hours of PIO - 6.5 days, total. The very next cycle was my embryo transfer, and despite my high anxiety, it went very smoothly. After four days, I had a positive home pregnancy test! My official beta at HRC was positive, too, and my HCG rose adequately.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marisa Cobb)
Marisa Cobb is an exemplary care coordinator. She was compassionate, attentive, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic at HRC in Rancho Cucamonga is small, but cozy. Booking appointments was easy, and they were always able to get me in quickly, and during a convenient time for my schedule. The staff runs the clinic with smooth efficiency. There was only one time, during the entire year I spent having many appointments, that I had to wait more than a few minutes in the waiting room. I am reluctant to say anything negative about HRC, but I would be remiss if I didn't bring up the cost. HRC is not what I would call budget-friendly. Then again, you get what you pay for! If you want top notch care the likes of which Dr. Norian provides, you will need to adjust your budget to accommodate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Norian at HRC Fertility.
I requested a pricing list from their financial advisors and I received very detailed cost breakdowns of the different packages and payment options that they had available. The overall cost is more expensive than some other clinics, but the care provided by Dr. Norian is more than worth it.
Describe John Norian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Personally, since I had only one normal blastocyst, I did not have the option of transferring multiple embryos, but Dr. Norian did say that I was a candidate for multiple embryo transfer because of my age and history.

2021, Successful
Dr. Norian was very honest about our chances and what he thought would be best and provide the best results. He adjusted as soon as needed and resulted in a positive pregnancy. Throughout the process he was very carefully to proceed carefully and make sure my progesterone levels were adequate to prevent a miscarriage...What made the most difference in my procedure was the "step process" which allowed the follicle to mature to full size and time the ovulation perfectly accompanied by the IUI.
The clinic [at HRC Fertility] was always very clean and all of the nursing staff was excellent. The only weakness I noted is the front desk staff was at times not as friendly. Would sometimes not even look up when arriving and signing in...Megan [a nurese] was absolutely wonderful, she always responded promptly to my emails and was very helpful...Dr. Norian was very honest about our chances and what he thought would be best and provide the best results. He adjusted as soon as needed and resulted in a positive pregnancy.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Trust that Dr. Norian knows what he is doing and ask a lot of questions to feel absolutely secure about the decisions being made and procedures.
Dr. Norian always made sure to explain everything in detail and review all the risks, benefits, and procedures. And he answered all questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Megan Ramirez )
Megan was absolutely wonderful, she always responded promptly to my emails and was very helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic was always very clean and all of the nursing staff was excellent. The only weakness I noted is the front desk staff was at times not as friendly. Would sometimes not even look up when arriving and signing in.
Costs for all of the ultrasounds, medications, and any blood work.

2021, 13 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Chavkin] wasn't blunt in her delivery, but when it came to discussing any concerns she had, she was able to relay that information in a warm and comforting way. She was able to give me the reality of the situation without scaring me...I would see her at every appointment. She did all of my ultrasounds, which made me feel like she could actually be up to date about what's going on during my cycle and if there were any issues she'd be able to catch right away...
Joanna [nurse at HRC Fertility] was wonderful to work with. After every appointment, she'd email me updates on my blood work and instructions for the upcoming days, all which were very easy to follow. On the first day of my cycle, she called and walked me through everything that I would be taking in the first few days which helped to ease any fears I had...purchased the "egg freezing package" which included everything (medications, monitoring appts, lab work, and retrieval) and 2 years of storage. The cost for that was $13,000. After the 2 years the storage fee is $760 annually...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin has a great bedside manner, which was very important to me given I was going through this process without a partner. She wasn't blunt in her delivery, but when it came to discussing any concerns she had, she was able to relay that information in a warm and comforting way. She was able to give me the reality of the situation without scaring me. I had consultations with other doctors and ultimately I decided to work with Dr. Chavkin because of this. Another thing that I appreciated about Dr. Chavkin was that I would see her at every appointment. She did all of my ultrasounds, which made me feel like she could actually be up to date about what's going on during my cycle and if there were any issues she'd be able to catch right away.
You're not expected to automatically know and understand everything going on so don't be afraid to ask questions.
I felt like Dr. Chavkin had an invested interest in the success of my cycle and she took the time to answer any questions I had to make sure I was understanding everything.
Joanna was wonderful to work with. After every appointment, she'd email me updates on my blood work and instructions for the upcoming days, all which were very easy to follow. On the first day of my cycle, she called and walked me through everything that I would be taking in the first few days which helped to ease any fears I had.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Everyone in the clinic is very friendly. The nurse who does the blood draws was very pleasant every morning. All patients in cycle come in the mornings for ultrasounds and blood draws, and even though you might have to wait a little, it's nice seeing all these other women going through the same thing you are.
I purchased the "egg freezing package" which included everything (medications, monitoring appts, lab work, and retrieval) and 2 years of storage. The cost for that was $13,000. After the 2 years the storage fee is $760 annually.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Chavkin is careful, very thorough, and data-driven...She encouraged us to seek second opinions when there were many options for next steps. After seeking a second opinion, we declined the treatment option she had initially proposed, and she adjusted the treatment plan accordingly. She was very realistic about all procedures and explained everything in understandable terms...know how much things cost before you agree to any procedures
Sometimes the nurses [at HRC Fertility] did not provide accurate information related to medication dosage. I also had to delay a cycle due to miscommunication about clinic holiday closures. I was told to schedule procedures with my health care providers, but then later told I didn't need them. I had to triple check all appointments to make sure they were still on the books, as they weren't always scheduled. I also had to triple check paperwork was sent to other clinics or pharmacies....
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin is careful, very thorough, and data-driven - everything you want with an IVF doctor. She encouraged us to seek second opinions when there were many options for next steps. After seeking a second opinion, we declined the treatment option she had initially proposed, and she adjusted the treatment plan accordingly. She was very realistic about all procedures and explained everything in understandable terms.
Be your own advocate - don't be shy to ask questions, seek second opinions from reputable sources, discuss all options with Dr. Chavkin. If cost is an issue, know how much things cost before you agree to any procedures.
In general, I felt like I was treated very well, but she didn't always keep in mind the cost of different procedures. She might suggest a procedure that would cost thousands and thousands of dollars just to see if something might be the case, even if it was a very low probability. In that way, it sometimes felt like I was just another paying customer. However, she adjusted after I communicated that these procedures would be thousands and thousands of dollars.
Describe the protocols Diana Chavkin used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I followed a relatively standard protocol for retrieval. For the transfers, the first two were pretty standard, and prior to the third, we would gone through a lot of testing, but opted to just try again, and it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Garcia)
Stephanie Garcia is amazing, but the other nurses I worked with prior to Stephanie were difficult to communicate with and sometimes gave me incorrect instructions. The other nurses also were not good at drawing blood (would have to poke multiple times).
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I like that the clinic is relatively small and quiet. However, the nursing staff (besides Stephanie) could benefit from additional training related to patient interaction. But it is ok as long as you stay on top of things.
The costs were reasonable/standard, but Dr. Chavkin ordered several extra tests to get more data.
Describe Diana Chavkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Strong preference for transferring 1 embryo, which we did for the first two transfers, and the third transfer included 2 embryos. We were informed of the risks of transferring 2.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Sometimes the nurses did not provide accurate information related to medication dosage. I also had to delay a cycle due to miscommunication about clinic holiday closures. I was told to schedule procedures with my health care providers, but then later told I didn't need them. I had to triple check all appointments to make sure they were still on the books, as they weren't always scheduled. I also had to triple check paperwork was sent to other clinics or pharmacies.

2021, Successful
Dr. Chavkin took us on as patients late in our process...She went our of her way to make sure all our questions were answered, and was very thorough with all paperwork and testing. In addition, she had a warm but very professional bedside manner, and I really appreciated this. Her steadiness really calmed me down on the day or our transfer as well...
I had nothing but good experiences with HRC West Los Angeles. They were professional, thorough, and I felt very well cared for with them. However, I previously saw a doctor at another HRC clinic in Westlake, and I did not have a good experience there...I don't think all the HRC clinics are the same...[nurses were] Very communicative, very good with email. The nurses who drew blood were absolutely lovely.....warm, supportive, and calming....
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin is worth the drive....we lived almost an hour away, so it was not easy to get to her office, but she was so thorough and excellent that I'd say go ahead and make the drive if you can.
Dr. Chavkin took us on as patients late in our process. We'd had a negative experience with a previous doctor, and were quite shaken when we met her. She was clear, honest, kind, and treated us with respect through the whole time with her.
A lot of my treatment (egg retrievals for freezing, creating of embryos) was done with my first doctor. Dr. Chavkin took over right as we were preparing for our frozen embryo transfer. She managed my hormone levels, including my thyroid, with appropriate medications, always explaining what she was doing and why it was increasing my chances of a successful transfer. When conditions were optimal, she completed the Frozen Embryo Transfer and did all the follow up (Ultrasounds, bloodwork, medication management). Our transfer was successful, and we are so grateful because we only had one healthy embryo for transfer. She did not promise success, but made sure we knew she was doing everything she could to increase our chances of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I had nothing but good experiences with HRC West Los Angeles. They were professional, thorough, and I felt very well cared for with them. However, I previously saw a doctor at another HRC clinic in Westlake, and I did not have a good experience there. In that case, communication was way less clear and I was talked down to by the physician when I asked questions. I don't think all the HRC clinics are the same.
Our payments went to two different doctors, as we did most of the prep work for the transfer with a different physician. Treatment with Dr. Chavkin was priced as expected, and once it was confirmed I was pregnant my visits were covered by my insurance (I did have to sign a waiver that I'd pay in full if insurance didn't cover, but they did, which was great)
We only had one healthy embryo (and one undetermined). We did not want the possibility of twins, and did not want to transfer the undetermined embryo, which she supported
2021, Successful
Dr. Chavkin was great because she didn’t overwhelm me. We took each test and procedure step by step, with patience and optimism...Dr. Chavkin is very knowledgeable and forthright. She answers any question you have with kindness and honesty...During my intake meeting with Dr. Chavkin, she told me directly that due to the amount of time that had passed and my fertility factors, my best chance for 3 children would be to do ivf...
The dream package [at HRC Fertility] cover all visits, labs, medication, and procedures until pregnancy. The package is $28,000. After pregnancy I had to start paying out of pocket for medication, labs, and ultrasound which was $500 a visit, I had 4 ultrasounds post pregnancy confirmation, ending in $1750. I also needed medication refills ending in $1200...Stephanie [nurse] was so sweet and kind. She was really compassionate and knows how to communicate excellently! Her emails made everything so easy to understand...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was great! In my fertility journey in the past, I felt like I was given the run around and no concrete plan. During my intake meeting with Dr. Chavkin, she told me directly that due to the amount of time that had passed and my fertility factors, my best chance for 3 children would be to do ivf. Ivf has given my husband and I comfort and insurance to know that we will have a family now and in the future. Ivf is a tough process, but Dr. Chavkin was great because she didn’t overwhelm me. We took each test and procedure step by step, with patience and optimism. I’m grateful because every step seemed to go by pretty quickly. The whole process from start to now has been about 4 months! I’m so happy and so grateful I found Dr. Chavkin because now our dream is coming true! Today I graduated from the clinic and I am 10 weeks pregnant! I’ve never been pregnant before and Dr. Chavkin with her experience and expertise made this happen for us.
Be patient with the process, ask as many questions as you can each appt and have a positive attitude about your exciting new future
Dr. Chavkin is very knowledgeable and forthright. She answers any question you have with kindness and honesty to the best of her ability.
I started this process using birth control to help suppress my reproductive system and prevent ovulation. For my medication for stimulating my eggs for retrieval, I was prescribed menopur, follistim, and a 3rd medication I forgot. Once my eggs were ready, I took a trigger shot, to stop my egg from dropping. I had my egg retrieval the next day. During my recovery I was given a steroid that helps to prevent OHSS. To prepare for transfer I was put back on birth control to help time the transfer. To prepare my womb for transfer, I was prescribed progesterone suppository and progesterone in oil shots, also estrace pills daily for the right balance of hormones to prepare for a baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
They are all literally the best!! Stephanie was so sweet and kind. She was really compassionate and knows how to communicate excellently! Her emails made everything so easy to understand. Jessica at the front desk is a sweetheart. I enjoyed seeing her face every visit. Maria the intake nurse is so kind and makes you feel very welcomed, we would be talking and laughing during my blood draws and my husband said you could hear us from the waiting room lol. Jamie from financial is very nice and pleasant with great energy. She doesn’t play about collecting that money though lol. Lastly, it is Joanna who is the new nurse replacing Stephanie. She is very nice and attentive. She has big shoes to fill, but she seems up for the challenge.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I purchased the dream package which was all inclusive. That was great but I do wish the package included medication for once you are pregnant. We must stay on the transfer medicine until week 13 of pregnancy
The dream package cover all visits, labs, medication, and procedures until pregnancy. The package is $28,000. After pregnancy I had to start paying out of pocket for medication, labs, and ultrasound which was $500 a visit, I had 4 ultrasounds post pregnancy confirmation, ending in $1750. I also needed medication refills ending in $1200
I was told that the focus is to have a healthy baby. Based on my age and the fact that I had no previous losses, 1 embryo was the best choice. I do think that perspective parents should have the option to choose for themselves if they want more than one

2021, Successful
Dr. Chavkin was extremely knowledgeable not only from her experience as a doctor but also from her personal experience as an IVF patient herself. While she didn't spend too much time explaining everything in detail, I could always ask her or the nurse follow up questions...I wanted to prioritize having the best doctor for the highest likelihood of success over a doctor I maybe "connected" with more and I am so glad that I did that...
I really appreciated the short wait times [at HRC Fertility]. I could typically be in and out of the clinic on time which really came in handy during the multiple IVF appointments during work hours...always parking in front or on the side of the building...a few instances where the nurse forgot to call with test results that were time sensitive which was a bit frustrating or forgot to email something that was supposed to be emailed. That being said she showed a lot of compassion and was easy to talk to.
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was extremely knowledgeable not only from her experience as a doctor but also from her personal experience as an IVF patient herself. While she didn't spend too much time explaining everything in detail, I could always ask her or the nurse follow up questions if need be. In the end, I wanted to prioritize having the best doctor for the highest likelihood of success over a doctor I maybe "connected" with more and I am so glad that I did that. The results of IVF treatment were better than expected!
It helps to do your research before whether its online or with people that have gone through IVF so that when you go into the clinic the information isn't overwhelming. It also helps prepare you to ask questions after your consultation and initial testing.
There were a few instances where the nurse forgot to call with test results that were time sensitive which was a bit frustrating or forgot to email something that was supposed to be emailed. That being said she showed a lot of compassion and was easy to talk to.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I really appreciated the short wait times. I could typically be in and out of the clinic on time which really came in handy during the multiple IVF appointments during work hours. There was also always parking in front or on the side of the building, so parking was not an issue.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Norian is very kind and is a good communicator. He likes to use drawings to explain things which is very helpful especially to someone like me because I am a visual learner. He is always in a good mood. He is compassionate but also straight forward and easy to understand...He took my concerns to heart and started with blood work, ultrasounds, hsg, along with semen analysis for my husband.
The nursing staff at HRC is very friendly and caring...always flexible for their patients and always seem to make time for spontaneous calls or appointments...very patient with me by explaining things thoroughly...I like that they have a sign up asking people to please be mindful and not bring children in...There is plenty of parking space...It is always very clean and organized. The receptionists are very sweet and friendly.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian is very kind and is a good communicator. He likes to use drawings to explain things which is very helpful especially to someone like me because I am a visual learner. He is always in a good mood. He is compassionate but also straight forward and easy to understand. I have never felt pressured or afraid to ask questions. I feel that he welcomes questions and truly listens to understand me. He is not a pushy doctor which I appreciate although I do feel that sometimes it is necessary to be a little more aggressive. Every visit is personal to him and he takes time to get to know his clients. I have always felt like he genuinely cares about my concerns and he tailors his solutions to me personally.
Do not be afraid to ask questions. Infertility and all that comes with it can be confusing and it is okay to feel like you need more information or clarification. Dr Norian does not shy away from the difficult or repeat questions.
Dr. Norian and his staff remembered me by name from the beginning. Dr. Norian is very personal and even remembers small details like my employment and activities I have mentioned at previous appointments. It's like he remembers every conversation we've had. He also shares his own personal experiences and talks about his family. He is always kind.
When I met Dr. Norian I let him know that I could not afford IVF just yet and that I was most concerned with learning why I was struggling to conceive. He took my concerns to heart and started with blood work, ultrasounds, hsg, along with semen analysis for my husband. He diagnosed me with mild pcos, anovulatory cycles, and some male factor infertility (low motility and low morphology). I was happy to learn after HSG that I did not have Fallopian tube blockages. He first suggested a healthy diet change and adding vitamins to help with hormone balances for my husband and I. After changing our diets the semen analysis was much better than before although still a little low on morphology and motility, but good enough to start with a medicated IUI. I was prescribed Menopur, Pregnyl, Clomid, to make sure that I would ovulate and Progesterone, for after the IUI. I had multiple vaginal ultrasounds to monitor while on pills and injections. I was thankful for the ultrasounds to monitor because he checks for progress and makes sure you are not overreacting to the medication. When I had good sized follicles, we scheduled IUI. He completed another ultrasound and then the IUI, which was very quick and painless. I then started the progesterone and was told to take well into pregnancy if successful or to stop it if I got my period. Unfortunately right at the 28th day of my cycle I got my period, which meant my IUI failed. Dr. Norian scheduled a follow up with me to discuss our next steps. Since I did react positively to the treatment and the SA showed strong count and improvement in morphology and motility, Dr. Norian recommended we continue with a few more rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
The nursing staff at HRC is very friendly and caring. Michelle and the other nurses are always flexible for their patients and always seem to make time for spontaneous calls or appointments. Michelle is humble and patient. When I started my first IUI I had lots of questions many of which were repetitive and she was very patient with me by explaining things thoroughly. I can get a hold of her via phone at the office or email (which she is very good at staying on top of even on the weekends). When I've had hard days she has talked to me with compassion. She is a great nurse but could improve on organization. There has been a couple of times where she has forgotten to give me information but she always catches it and reaches out to me within a timely manner.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very easy to access and is located in a nice area in Rancho Cucamonga. There is plenty of parking space and it is the first office to the left when walking into the building. It is always very clean and organized. The receptionists are very sweet and friendly. The waiting area has plenty of space and many chairs. They always have water, coffee and candy available. My husband loves that they have a Keurig. I like that they have a sign up asking people to please be mindful and not bring children in. In the waiting area they also have a TV and magazines to help with the wait time, although they are very punctual and the wait times are not very long as long as you have an appointment. When you walk into the patient area the walls are nicely decorated with positive messages which give a very warm feeling. They also have 2 very clean and big restrooms where they have complimentary pads and tampons. They have separate conference rooms for discussions with your nurse and doctor apart from the area where they do ultrasounds and treatments. I also like that the conference rooms have bookshelves with informational books on fertility and health.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
The very first time I had IUI my nurse told me she would order my medications, have them delivered to the clinic and would let me know when to pick them up. I called a couple of days before I was to start the medications to ask if I could pick them up and she proceeded to tell me that I was supposed to have called and ordered them via phone and have them delivered to my house. I explained to her that this is not what she had told me at our appointment. She apologized and gave me the emergency number to call and order the medications. Luckily I was able to get them ordered and delivered on time. She since done a better job and has not made this mistake again.
Rancho Cucamonga

Of the 23 retrieved 17 were mature, 16 fertilized through ICSI, 11 made it to day 5 blasts, and 7 tested PGS normal [with Dr. Michael Feinman]...After our failed transfer Dr. Feinman recommended we do an ERA...showed that my body needed to transfer an embryo slightly later than most women. After the ERA Feinman performed another FET which was successful and we are now pregnant with our little miracle...He felt that transferring multiple would only increase our odds of having multiples and wouldn't significantly increase our odds for successful transfer.
Traditional IVF [at HRC] $9600 Military IVF Pricing...$5600 Natural/Mini IVF Cycle: $6400...Most of my appointments took place at HRC Westlake, however there were also several times I needed to be at the Encino location...They are very friendly and warm and make sure to greet you when you walk into the office...Parking is not free and HRC Encino will not validate your parking. The RSA surgery center is phenomenal and the staff there is top notch and very friendly...She [nurse] was very friendly, kind, and helpful. She took her time to answer all of my questions and act as a liaison between Dr. Feinman and myself whenever I had a question that would come up. She always answered the phone and quickly returned emails. She also performed all my blood draws. I
How was your experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
At our first consultation Dr. Feinman was very straightforward, no nonsense, and felt a little rough around the edges. He was blunt about our situation and didn't offer a lot of compassion but he also seemed very confident and sure of himself and his suggested course of treatment. He answered all the questions we had very directly and matter of factly. The thing that stood out the most to us in our initial consultation was his suggestion to try FSH for my husband's NOA. We had asked previous doctors about FSH after doing our own research, but they each had told us we didn't need it. We decided that successful treatment was more important than a warm and fuzzy physician and moved forward with Dr. Feinman. Dr. Feinman was able to get my husband's sperm count up by 40x within 30 days, something we had been unable to accomplish with 3 previous doctors. After this achievement we were candidates for IVF. Feinman had standard diagnostic procedures he wanted to do prior to IVF starting. I was a bit hesitant because we knew we had male factor and I didn't want to spend unnecessary money on procedures for myself however Feinman insisted that we rule out any other unknown issues. I am so thankful for his insistence because we ended up finding I had a partial septum during and HSG procedure. Feinman performed the HSG as well as the hysteroscopy to remove my septum, the recovery was flawless and everything went smoothly. We moved forward with injections for egg retrieval but I didn't respond well enough and the cycle was cancelled/converted to timed intercourse. TI failed and the following cycle we started again for egg retrieval with a slightly different medication protocol. Dr. Feinman was present for every monitoring appointment, performed every ultrasound, and also performed the egg retrieval. This time it was successful and we got 23 eggs! We ended up with 11 embryos which we PGS tested - leaving us with 7 normal embryos which we froze. Our first frozen embryo transfer was also performed by Dr. Feinman but it failed. Following the failure Dr. Feinman performed an ERA which showed that my body needed to transfer an embryo slightly later than most women. After the ERA Feinman performed another FET which was successful and we are now pregnant with our little miracle. Overall, Dr. Feinman is an excellent doctor that is very knowledgeable in the field of Reproductive Endocrinology. he has a no-nonsense approach that may feel compassionless but as we got to know him we learned that he cared very much about us and our outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
Ask lots of questions. Dr. Feinman doesn't explain the reasoning or science behind many of the procedures or protocols he implements, however if you ask him questions he will answer them and explain to you what you want to know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Feinman took a while to warm up, our first consultation appointment he was very direct, straightforward, and slightly cold but also told us exactly what he knew we needed to do. As time went on we built a warmer relationship and his bedside manner softened up, he began to really take an interest in us as a couple and would share personal anecdotes and get excited for us at each next step.
Describe the protocols Michael Feinman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
For my first egg retrieval Dr. Feinman put me on 225mg Gonal-F and 5mg HCG daily, after about 8 days we added in a Ganirelix injection nightly. After 10 days I wasn't responding well and only had 3-4 follicles developing appropriately. So on night 10 we triggered with a large HCG injection and had timed intercourse 48 hrs later. This attempt did not result in pregnancy. The second egg retrieval cycle we upped the Gonal-F to 300 mg daily and continued with the 5 mg HCG, we also added in 5 mg daily of clomid for the first 5 days then after about 12 of stims we added in Ganirelix daily. This resulted in an egg retrieval where we got 23 eggs retrieved. Of the 23 retrieved 17 were mature, 16 fertilized through ICSI, 11 made it to day 5 blasts, and 7 tested PGS normal. For our first transfer the protocol was 3 2mg estrogen pills a day for 3 weeks (I was travelling in Europe so I was taking estrogen the whole time until I could get back home for the transfer). After baseline blood work I took a .5cc injection of Progesterone in Oil in the morning and a 400 mg progesterone vaginal insert at night for 5 days. On the 6th day we did our frozen embryo transfer and continued with the progesterone until blood work on day 14 which showed I wasn't pregnant and the transfer had failed. After our failed transfer Dr. Feinman recommended we do an ERA. The Progesterone inserts had irritated my vagina so I was permitted to do a 1cc injection of Progesterone in OIl daily instead. For the ERA I took 3 pills of 2 mg of estrogen a day for 14 days, then after blood work I started the 1cc PIO injections. PIO went on for 5 days and on the 6th day the ERA biopsy was performed. The ERA showed that I needed an extra day of injections before transfer. For our second transfer we used the same protocol as the ERA andand transferred after 6 days of PIO instead of 5. The transfer was successful! I took the estrogen pills 3x a day until I was 8 weeks pregnant and continued the PIO injections until I was 10 weeks pregnant. I went in for weekly ultrasounds and bloodwork with Dr. Feinman until I was 10 weeks pregnant when I "graduated" to my regular OB.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dulce Ramirez)
Dulce was my assigned nurse coordinator at HRC Westlake with Dr. Feinman. She was very friendly, kind, and helpful. She took her time to answer all of my questions and act as a liaison between Dr. Feinman and myself whenever I had a question that would come up. She always answered the phone and quickly returned emails. She also performed all my blood draws. I was originally working with Dr. Feinman out of the HRC Encino office and was paired with another nurse coordinator named Josette. Josette failed to return calls, took 3 days to respond to emails, and even forgot to schedule/inform me necessary labs prior to my surgery. After having a difficult experience with Josette I transitioned to working with Dulce instead and it was night and day! I could have stayed at the Encino office and worked with Dulce remotely but I preferred to move offices and avoid Josette entirely. I am so happy that we made this choice because Dulce was fantastic and made me feel so taken care of.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Dr. Feinman works out of two main clinics - HRC Encino and HRC Westlake. Most of my appointments took place at HRC Westlake, however there were also several times I needed to be at the Encino location. HRC Westlake is a smaller office with about 4-5 exam rooms, a small waiting room, and Dr. Feinman's office. The office is a bit dated but offers everything you need for regular visits (ultrasounds, ERAs, blood work, consultations, etc.) however they are not equipped for procedures like HSG, hysteroscopy, and embryo transfer. Those surgical type procedures require you go to the Encino location where they have a designated surgery center (called RSA). The staff at HRC Westlake is phenomenal. They are very friendly and warm and make sure to greet you when you walk into the office. Even though Westlake was farther from my house than Encino I far preferred to go to the Westlake location for my appointments. HRC Encino is a larger facility and is very modernized in terms of decor. They have a large waiting room, over 10 exam rooms, consultation roms, offices, a separate payment department, and a designated surgery center (RSA). The staff at the Encino location is much colder and less friendly. The privacy partitions are always shut at the reception desk which blocks your ability to see/speak with the front desk staff. Parking is not free and HRC Encino will not validate your parking. The RSA surgery center is phenomenal and the staff there is top notch and very friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility.
Traditional IVF (office visits, ultrasounds, labs, egg retrieval, creation of embryos): $9600 Military IVF Pricing: $5600 Natural/Mini IVF Cycle: $6400 ICSI: $1700 Frozen Embryo Transfer (w/ Assisted Hatching): $3800 PGD/PGS Embryo Testing - up to 12 embryos: $5300 PGD/PGS for each embryo after 12: $250 Embryo Freezing: $800/year
Describe Michael Feinman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Before transfer I had read extensively about the outcomes of single transfers vs. multiple embryo transfers on Fertility IQ. We had PGS tested our embryos. Dr. Feinman agreed with the information on Fertility IQ, that someone my age (30) with PGS normal embryos had no reason to transfer more than one at a time. He felt that transferring multiple would only increase our odds of having multiples and wouldn't significantly increase our odds for successful transfer.
Michael Feinman
Westlake Village

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] remembered our last conversation or a comment I made which made me think he does pay attention and cares about his patients...He can be very busy though, and most of the time my appointments would be running late up to 30 minutes...I felt that he expected for us to have some knowledge and was not clear at first on explaining the procedure...He was attentive.
Beautiful clinic [at HRC Fertility-Pasadena]. Very elegant. Staff is nice. Parking available for free. Only downside is that this clinic is so busy. They receive a lot of international patients. Your appointment can run late due to the amount of patients they see...once had sent us the wrong summary of coverage. They had sent ya another couple insurance information summary.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
He was thorough in explaining the procedure. He does not sugar coat things which I appreciate. He can be very busy though, and most of the time my appointments would be running late up to 30 minutes. This is the only thing that bothered me since I work and running late makes me even more late for work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Have some understanding of infertility procedures. I felt that he expected for us to have some knowledge and was not clear at first on explaining the procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
He was attentive. He remembered our last conversation or a comment I made which made me think he does pay attention and cares about his patients. Sometimes doctors can be straight to the point and ignore small talk. But not Dr Nelson.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Nelson used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Because my insurance covered IUI and we had unexplained infertility with all of our pre lab work coming back fine we tried IUi with expectations it would work. But three rounds and all failed. At this point he has now strongly suggested IVf due to my age and how long we have been trying with no success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Consuelo Hernandez )
Connie is amazing! Very sweet, organized and great communicator. She made the process so much easier and comforting! Best bed manners!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Beautiful clinic. Very elegant. Staff is nice. Parking available for free. Only downside is that this clinic is so busy. They receive a lot of international patients. Your appointment can run late due to the amount of patients they see.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
My insurance covered the procedure.
Describe Jeffrey Nelson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
The accounting department once had sent us the wrong summary of coverage. They had sent ya another couple insurance information summary.
Pasadena

The first time we met with Dr. Becht, she listened to all of our concerns and answered our questions. She gave us space to discuss our concerns and addressed our concerns directly...provided us with fact-based information about our chances of becoming pregnant...Throughout this process, Dr. Becht has been extremely supportive and available... recommended single embryo transfers
...two [HRC Fertility] clinics thus it makes it easy to schedule to whatever is more convenient distance wise. Both clinics are easily accessible with no problems in finding either one and no issues with parking...[nurse] Dorothy, was very helpful in explaining how to administer medications. She was also the one to do most of my lab draws and it was pretty painless...Treatment protocol: $16,870; Medications: $4205.65
How was your experience with Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
During our first visit, Dr. Becht broke down the results of our lab work so that we could understand why we were struggling with our fertility. She provided us with fact-based information about our chances of becoming pregnant given our ages, current health, and our fertility conditions so that we had an understanding of what was possible. We were able to ask all of our questions and she provided us with our options. When we left our first appointment, we felt that we could make an informed decision about our IVF journey and we felt extremely comfortable with Dr. Becht and her expertise. At each appointment, Dr. Becht asked how I was feeling both emotionally and physically, what questions I had, and provided me with detailed information about what she saw during my ultrasounds. Although everything was going well up to that point, she was very realistic about the number of eggs we had as seen on the ultrasounds, yet she remained hopeful throughout this process. We unfortunately did not have any embryos that could be transferred. Dr. Becht informed me and was very empathetic. She mentioned that she would be available to answer questions that we had, provide support regarding the next steps, and talk about a next cycle when we were ready. We recently reached out to Dr. Becht to find out what we could do if we were to do another cycle to improve our chances of becoming pregnant, and she quickly responded giving us some suggestions regarding supplements and acupuncture. Throughout this process, Dr. Becht has been extremely supportive and available.
Discuss any concerns or worries you have. This is an overwhelming process and Dr. Becht is conscious of that--by sharing what concerns/worries you have she can directly discuss those with you and hopefully ease this process a bit.
As we started our journey into fertility treatments, we were scared, uncertain, and frustrated that this was going to be our path to starting a family. We had had a terrible experience with another doctor and were very skeptical about new doctors. The first time we met with Dr. Becht, she listened to all of our concerns and answered our questions. She gave us space to discuss our concerns and addressed our concerns directly. Throughout our treatment, my partner and I felt so comfortable with Dr. Becht. because she was so empathetic and understanding. She took her time to talk to us during our appointments.
I was on the DP antagonist with no oral contraceptive protocol. This was due to my lab work for Luteinizing hormone and Anti-Müllerian hormone. I was on Follistim and Menopur subcutaneous injections for 9 days. With ultrasounds and lab work conducted 4 times during the injection period. On the 9th day of treatment, I took the trigger shot and two days later had my egg retrieval. During egg retrieval, I had 11 eggs: six were not mature. Only 2 of the eggs made it to the 5 day, but one had abnormal growth. The second one was fertilized and had chromosomal abnormalities when tested. Thus, we did not make it past the egg retrieval phase.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dorothy Xicohtencatl)
The nurse that works with Dr. Becht, Dorothy, was very helpful in explaining how to administer medications. She was also the one to do most of my lab draws and it was pretty painless. The only small issue we had was that the person making appointments made an error regarding days that Dr.Becht was available, but we were able to reschedule all of the appointments without a problem.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Dr. Becht works from two clinics thus it makes it easy to schedule to whatever is more convenient distance wise. Both clinics are easily accessible with no problems in finding either one and no issues with parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility.
Treatment protocol: $16,870; Medications: $4205.65
Describe Lisa Becht's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Not sure about this as we did not make it to this stage of treatment. But overall she recommended single embryo transfers.
Newport Beach

Dr. Kolb took time to discuss everything with us...such a personal doctor and made me feel extremely comfortable every single time I saw him...male infertility due to Cystic Fibrosis and also had a double lung transplant...For my STIM procedure, my treatment plan got extended 2 extra days - during that time I was seeing him daily to evaluate the size of the eggs. I was very uncomfortable but he was very vocal about my comfort and what I would expect each day. Nurse
This clinic [HRC Fertility - Pasadena] is super busy - but they manage their patients really well. They also will open the clinic just for you if they have to. I remember needing a test done based on my cycle and it was July 4th. They opened just to do my testing...There are a lot of moving pieces, for me I found it most helpful to document communication with his team of nurses via email so I had a paper trail and could reference the notes.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
From our first appointment, Dr. Kolb took time to discuss everything with us. Our situation had lots of complicating scenarios and Dr. Kolb never let that stop him or us from moving forward with the treatment plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
He is such a personal doctor and made me feel extremely comfortable every single time I saw him. He has a gentle touch and talks you through every part of the evaluation and treatment. He also made sure we understood everything he said, he would provide diagrams and pictures to further explain things.
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Luckily I was pretty healthy and didn't have too many complications, my partner, however, has male infertility due to Cystic Fibrosis and also had a double lung transplant so the entire process we were unsure if we would use his sperm or have to get donor sperm. For my STIM procedure, my treatment plan got extended 2 extra days - during that time I was seeing him daily to evaluate the size of the eggs. I was very uncomfortable but he was very vocal about my comfort and what I would expect each day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flor P)
I primarily had one nurse on my case the entire time - but worked with his entire team while she was out. I loved them all!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic is super busy - but they manage their patients really well. They also will open the clinic just for you if they have to. I remember needing a test done based on my cycle and it was July 4th. They opened just to do my testing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
Sperm Analysis $200 TESA - $1900 Embryo Freezing - $750 / Annually Genetic Testing - $5k
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
My doctor prefers to only do single embryo transfers, especially for women who have yet to attempt a transfer.
Bradford Kolb
Pasadena

I trust him [Dr. Tourgeman] to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favo
Our two rounds of IVF [at HRC Fertility] lead to two strong embryos and three okay embryos. He [Dr. Tourgeman] suggested we start with implanting just one of the strong embryos and I agreed. We are now 8 weeks pregnant...The office runs on time! This was important to me as I was keeping everything under the radar from work. I was able to make early morning appointments around 7:45/8:00am and count on being in and out under 25 minutes. Everything is clean and the latest technology is used. I even brought my mom in to scope it out with me.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman is the best doctor I have had the pleasure to know - and I am happy to report that I am pregnant after two rounds of IVF and our first embryo implant. Dr. Tourgeman has the best bedside manner - the absolute best. I trust him to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favorite patient, even though I am sure that many of us share this feeling given his exceptional care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
To those of you considering fertility treatment, or maybe thinking about it for the future - DON'T WAIT. I walked into Dr. T's office at 27, without ever having tried to become pregnant naturally, but with a gut feeling that something was off for my body. After a few tests, Dr. T confirmed that my fertility didn't match my age and IVF was a wise course of action. Now, we are expecting our first child and feel much more in control of our family planning and path forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman has the best bedside manner - the absolute best. I was very worried that he would turn me away when I walked into his office at the age of 27, without ever trying to become pregnant naturally, but with a hunch that something was off for my fertility. He expressed no judgement, only sincere interest, and immediately helped me to plan out next steps to learn more, which eventually lead us to IVF. I trust him to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favorite patient, even though I am sure that many of us share this feeling given his exceptional care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Wendy then Vivian)
The office runs on time! This was important to me as I was keeping everything under the radar from work. I was able to make early morning appointments around 7:45/8:00am and count on being in and out under 25 minutes. The entire office staff is knowledgeable and supportive. Like I said, I looked forward to my visits and will be sad to leave HRC after 6+ months of frequent visits. They were also incredibly diligent (and patient) dealing with my unbelievably difficult insurance. Maria, Vivian, Wendy, Jessica - everyone has made this experience a positive one. Our family will be eternally grateful to all of them.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Our two rounds of IVF lead to two strong embryos and three okay embryos. He suggested we start with implanting just one of the strong embryos and I agreed. We are now 8 weeks pregnant.
David Tourgeman
West Los Angeles

Dr. Coffler explained in realistic and understandable terms a plan of treatment and step by step how to get there. His confidence and understanding immediately set me at ease as a patient...He was able to give me a clear roadmap from our first consultation . This was so helpful because my anxiety and worries were lessened through the process...frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. I started with Lupron then went to estrace and PIO, along with baby Aspirin and endometrium. It worked!
HRC was a wonderful experience for me...I was given a calendar to follow and someone was always available to help if I needed it. They made sure I received each of my medications on time and also made sure that I knew how to use each of them correctly. All in all, They did their best to make my experience positive and stress free...Angel [nurse] is just amazing. I can not count the number of times I messaged her with questions and concerns and as busy as I know she is, she would always take the time to respond.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
What struck me about Mr. Coffler was his honesty and straightforwardness from day one one what exactly I needed to do in order to improve my odds. He was able to give me a clear roadmap from our first consultation . This was so helpful because my anxiety and worries were lessened through the process. With his assistance and guidance I just found out that I am pregnant! I know beyond a shadow of doubt this would not have been the case without the great care and guidance I received and I am forever grateful !
Remember he is an expert in his field, take the time to ask questions and understand your treatment plan. There is a reason for each step.
I did a frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. I started with Lupron then went to estrace and PIO, along with baby Aspirin and endometrium. It worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel Calfee)
Angel is just amazing. I can not count the number of times I messaged her with questions and concerns and as busy as I know she is, she would always take the time to respond.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC was a wonderful experience for me. We started contact in December 2020 and by June I am expecting my little one . I was given a calendar to follow and someone was always available to help if I needed it. They made sure I received each of my medications on time and also made sure that I knew how to use each of them correctly. All in all, They did their best to make my experience positive and stress free.
My costs were 11550 total
We elected set because he felt it would be a better choice for me.

2020, Consult
While we have only had an initial consultation with Dr. Nelson, I feel 100% confident moving forward with him as our doctor and that he will absolutely help us find success on this stressful journey...he did a great job at explaining to us what the process was. I feel confident with my case he will be able to strategize exactly what I will need in order to have a smooth sailing retrieval and transfer
The [HRC Fertfility] clinic itself is beautiful! The waiting area is full of luxurious, comfy seating, there is free Starbucks coffee, and it was impeccably clean...I cannot think of any weaknesses as I was just so impressed with the level of cleanliness and comfort they provide in the entire facility...IVF promotion/program that will roughly total $18,000 including medication and embryo storage
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
While we have only had an initial consultation with Dr. Nelson, I feel 100% confident moving forward with him as our doctor and that he will absolutely help us find success on this stressful journey. He agreed to meet us in person with no sense of regret or unease during this current pandemic, and I can easily say that interaction has made me much less defeated and alone in my struggle with infertility.
I would advise any prospective patient of Dr. Nelson's to come in with your head held high, let go of your insecurities whether that relates to your infertility or not, and allow yourself to trust. He is there to help us achieve our dreams of parenthood, but we have to be willing to give him the kind of control that we never though we'd have to give. That's the story of infertility, is it not?
Dr. Nelson was kind enough to allow us to come to his office for an in-person consultation after I expressed my slight disappointment in only getting to talk over the phone. I think it's so important to be in the same room as a person in order to feel the energy, whether positive or negative, that your interactions produce. Amidst the chaos currently surrounding our world right now, I couldn't have been more appreciative that he chose to treat us as humans and speak to us face to face!
We've not reached the medication protocol stage just yet, but he did a great job at explaining to us what the process was. I feel confident with my case he will be able to strategize exactly what I will need in order to have a smooth sailing retrieval and transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chloe Han)
My initial interaction was with a different staff member named Griselda, over the phone, who I felt truly cared to answer any and all questions I had about setting up our consultation and in such a timely manner. She definitely started my interactions off in positive light which only continued to brighten! Chloe, the care coordinator was just as kind and responsive, she made sure to clearly explain our next steps and answered our questions very well. She even advocated for us as we were checking out and made sure we only paid the first consultation quote we were given before changing our appointment to an in-person consultation. That was the absolute cherry on top that made us feel so much more than just a new client!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic itself is beautiful! The waiting area is full of luxurious, comfy seating, there is free Starbucks coffee, and it was impeccably clean! The exam rooms and other conference rooms were just and comforting which is not always the case in a medical setting, but I felt very welcomed. I cannot think of any weaknesses as I was just so impressed with the level of cleanliness and comfort they provide in the entire facility!
Our initial consultation was $260, which is actually the over the phone cost, but we changed our appointment the day before as we really wanted to meet him in person. From what I gathered that cost is actually $350. As for the cost of everything else we are waiting to have our financial appointment in the next hour, but we are doing an IVF promotion/program that will roughly total $18,000 including medication and embryo storage. Of course, this is a large sum of money but I feel in my heart we will have success with Dr. Nelson and that amount will be so abundantly worth it!
Dr. Nelson, spent time answering a question we had about transferring a single vs multiple embryos in a very honest way. It's not cut and dry, and our choice of single vs multiple will depend on certain things we may or may not decide to do. I appreciated his input and opinion on that topic and it has given us a clearer idea of what to expect once we cross that road.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. March took the time to review my history thoroughly prior to our consultation session. He also directly calls me back if there I leave a question...I was nervous that going to the "best surgeon ever" would be cost prohibitive, but it came out to roughly the same amount as the other times I had this procedure done...I was referred to Dr. March by my fertility doctor as a specialist in scar tissue removal. I went to Dr. March for surgery only. Although I only saw him once in the last 2 months, I feel like he knows more about my situation than my fertility doctor
I visited HRC for a scar tissue removal surgery, and not your typical fertility procedures, so I can't comment on the clinic as a whole. Based on my experience, the staff is friendly and helpful but it was difficult to get financial information and estimated out-of-pocket expenses. They were not helpful in trying to get that coordinated or get me touch with the appropriate parties that could provide that information.
How was your experience with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
I was referred to Dr. March by my fertility doctor as a specialist in scar tissue removal. I went to Dr. March for surgery only. Although I only saw him once in the last 2 months, I feel like he knows more about my situation than my fertility doctor who I have been seeing for 2.5 years. Dr. March took the time to review my history thoroughly prior to our consultation session. He also directly calls me back if there I leave a question. My current fertility doctor would typically have an assistant call me back with an answer instead of speaking to me directly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles March at HRC Fertility?
He is supposed to be the best at scar tissue removal, which is why I went to him after 2 failed surgeries. It is too early to know if the surgery is successful, but he uses different techniques that other surgeons do not to improve the outcome. I was nervous that going to the "best surgeon ever" would be cost prohibitive, but it came out to roughly the same amount as the other times I had this procedure done.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
Emailed directly with the staff instead of through a general portal. Quick turnaround time compared to my other clinic. Dr. March clearly reviewed my medical history prior to my first consultation call with him and spoke in a natural, conversational manner.
Describe the protocols Charles March used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I did not do any IVF cycles with Dr. March but had surgery for removal of uterine scar tissue. My scar tissue is from fibroid removal surgery which apparently has the lowest chances of success. I have also had 2 scar tissue removal surgeries prior to the latest one with Dr. March, both of which were either unsuccessful or scar tissue grew back quickly. Dr. March used a Cook balloon to prevent scar tissue formation which is triangle shaped instead of a round balloon. This is supposed to fit better in the uterus to prevent scar tissue. The previous surgery I had 3 months earlier used a round balloon and was not successful. In that surgery they left the balloon in for 3 days only. Dr. March left the Cook balloon in for 3 weeks. They also gave me a PRP injection (platelet-rich plasma) to help with healing and prepare me for an upcoming transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
My interaction with staff prior to the surgery was primarily via email as I had to travel for the procedure. They were quick to reply and were organized about the information and documents I needed to provide, directions for the surgery center, etc. The only negative was the hand-off (or lack of hand-off) to a financial advisor. It was difficult for me to obtain estimates for the procedure. Nursing staff the day of the surgery were very friendly prior to the surgery. Post-surgery I felt rushed to leave the facility and free up a bed. My husband went to the pharmacy to get my prescriptions filled while I was in recovery. The post surgery nurse kept pushing me to get dressed and ready prior to him returning while I still felt groggy.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles March at HRC Fertility.
For my scar tissue removal surgery (hysteroscopic lysis of adhesions), my out of pocket costs were approximately: - $4,700 surgery facility fee - $1,200 anesthesia - I don't have the doctor bill yet but I am guessing this is 3K
Charles March
West Los Angeles
We did an egg retrieval [with Dr. Robert Boostanfar] on my wife that went beautifully. We then did a mock embryo transfer to ensure that the transfer would go well. He had me on estrogen, an antibiotic, a steroid, progesterone and 3 lipid infusions. I had acupuncture twice on the day of the transfer. They checked my labs weekly and we did about 4 ultrasounds...Just before our 13 week perinatal appointment, we lost the baby and Dr. Boostanfar called us immediately like a family member and has emailed questions for us to ask our OBGYN because this is an extremely rare tragedy in his experience.
The clinic [HRC Fertility] was organized, clean, warm and welcoming. It was easy to access. All the facilities are in one building, which makes everything very easy...Our nurse coordinator, Alina, has become our friend. She wants our family to grow as though it is her family, too. She was reachable and guided us throughout our process and even beyond our 10 weeks...Egg Retrieval: $18,000 Mock Embryo Transfer: $500 Transfer: $5,000 Acupuncture: $400 Lipid Infusions: $500 Medications: $8,000
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is by far the most personable, confident, caring fertility doctor that we have met on our fertility journey. He is creating our family as though he is creating his own family through us. He is trustworthy, honest, approachable and knowledgeable. His goals are our goals and we are clear that he is not giving up on our dream. They are a phenomenal team and I highly suggest them to anyone who has been looking for a determined and kind doctor. We have been trying for 5 years to create our family and we are clear that Dr. Boostanfar will make our dreams a reality. With a hug and kiss on the head he continues to reassure us that my wife and I will have a family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Don't give up. He has your best interest at heart and wants nothing more than to help you grow your family. Listen and Trust. He is on your team and your biggest cheerleader.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is by far the most personable, confident, caring fertility doctor that we have met. He wants us to create our family as though he is creating his own family through us. He is trustworthy, approachable and knowledgeable. His goals are our goals and we are clear that he is not giving up on our dream. His LVN, nursing assistant, Alina, has become our friend. She wants our family to grow as though it is her family, too. She was reachable and guided us throughout our process and even beyond our 10 weeks. They are a phenomenal team and I highly suggest them to anyone who has been looking for a determined and kind doctor. We have been trying for 5 years to create our family and we are clear that Dr. Boostanfar and Alina will make our dreams a reality.
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We did an egg retrieval on my wife that went beautifully. We then did a mock embryo transfer to ensure that the transfer would go well. He had me on estrogen, an antibiotic, a steroid, progesterone and 3 lipid infusions. I had acupuncture twice on the day of the transfer. They checked my labs weekly and we did about 4 ultrasounds. The entire team was confident and very happy with the results when we found out we were pregnant. We "graduated" from the clinic and saw our OBGYN for our 12 week check up and everything was going great. Just before our 13 week perinatal appointment, we lost the baby and Dr. Boostanfar called us immediately like a family member and has emailed questions for us to ask our OBGYN because this is an extremely rare tragedy in his experience. He will also do his own testing once my body has healed and is confident in his ability to be successful..
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alina)
Our nurse coordinator, Alina, has become our friend. She wants our family to grow as though it is her family, too. She was reachable and guided us throughout our process and even beyond our 10 weeks. They are a phenomenal team and I highly suggest them to anyone who has been looking for a determined and kind team.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic was organized, clean, warm and welcoming. It was easy to access. All the facilities are in one building, which makes everything very easy. This clinic wasn't pretentious, unlike other locations we've been to with chandeliers and frills. It was simply elegant and made me feel like they were there to do a job and not entice me to come because of glitz and glamour. This process is not glamorous, it requires every ounce of your being and heart and this clinic has that vibe. They are there to make you comfortable and with care, get you and your family what you want.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We trust his eSET methodology
Robert Boostanfar
Encino
Dr. Potter is clearly very intelligent and wants to see you succeed in having a family! He relies on statistics just as much as he relies on what you are saying and feeling...I had a good reaction to all the medication and Dr. potter reviewed my stats daily. He adjusted course when I developed an ovarian cyst and is seeing me through my next cycle...The only true negative about Dr. Potter is that he seems to run late a lot of the time, but if you have that expectation to start, you have nothing to worry about!
The only real downside to the Fullerton office is that you have to pay for parking. There is also one receptionist who isn’t very friendly, but everyone else is amazing to work with and they want to see you succeed...Amanda [nurse at HRC Fertility] is awesome. I think the biggest downside is she seems to have a lot on her plate and like anyone in the medical field she has to triage accordingly, so she can’t always respond right away.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter is clearly very intelligent and wants to see you succeed in having a family! He relies on statistics just as much as he relies on what you are saying and feeling. A lot of his negative reviews say that he has a poor bedside manner, but we actually really like him and are huge fans of how honest he is. He also does a great job explaining things in terms that we can understand! We feel really confident that he will help us achieve our dream of being parents. The only true negative about Dr. Potter is that he seems to run late a lot of the time, but if you have that expectation to start, you have nothing to worry about!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Take his advice and follow his steps exactly. He knows what he’s doing and has done this enough that his experience is going to help you! Trust the process and the plan!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He just has a lot going on and a specialist in that field cannot get overly invested in their patients because of how hard infertility is on each and every patient! We are still working with him and really believe he will help us get a child!
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I had a good reaction to all the medication and Dr. potter reviewed my stats daily. He adjusted course when I developed an ovarian cyst and is seeing me through my next cycle! I trust him completely.
Amanda is awesome. I think the biggest downside is she seems to have a lot on her plate and like anyone in the medical field she has to triage accordingly, so she can’t always respond right away. Being infertile is hard, but having Amanda as your coordinator helps!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The only real downside to the Fullerton office is that you have to pay for parking. There is also one receptionist who isn’t very friendly, but everyone else is amazing to work with and they want to see you succeed!
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
He follows the ASRM guidelines and makes recommendations based on that! He wants success for you and first and foremost wants to do know harm. He will help you make the right decision for you!
Daniel Potter