Robert Boostanfar

Westlake Village, CA 91361
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Kolb was warm and personable during initial consult and subsequent appointments. He also maintained emotional neutrality and a very matter-of-fact tone throughout. Our regular appointments tended to be rushed without much time for questions. When we were successful and our pregnancy had reached 8 or 9 weeks, Dr. Kolb seemed genuinely delighted and he even surprised us with hugs!
Systems in place at HRC were mostly seamless and efficient. This was great but didn't always seem very personal/personalized...has an after hours answering service and they will relay messages to your doctor on weekends...has a wonderful social worker on staff...The care coordinator was the most helpful part of our team and the person with whom we had the most communication
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Form a positive relationship with your coordinator. Find out the best way to communicate with her and don't hesitate to ask questions! If you don't get answers right away, ask again. HRC also has a wonderful social worker on staff who can be a really wonderful and helpful resource for support through the ups and downs of fertility treatment. Finally, I wish I'd known sooner that in the event that something more urgent comes up between visits, HRC has an after hours answering service and they will relay messages to your doctor on weekends. This came in handy a couple of times when unexpected pain or bleeding occurred. It was helpful to be able to have a brief consult and receive some reassurance when the office was closed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Our treatment protocol seemed pretty standard. I'm not aware of any special modifications made for us. If there were, we were not made aware of them. For us, this was apparently appropriately as our treatment was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Leona)
The care coordinator was the most helpful part of our team and the person with whom we had the most communication. Unfortunately, both our first coordinator (who we totally adored) and our second, both left the practice during our journey. This was not communicated to us by HRC until after several we'd made several unsuccessful attempts to reach our coordinators. This also made it difficult to feel really comfortable once we met Leona, who ended up being our point person until we "graduated" from HRC. Regardless, she was wonderful and patient with all of our questions. Truth is, all the coordinators are wonderful and will work hard to make sure you are well informed and supported. Try to form a positive relationship, but don't get too attached to one coordinator as she may be replaced with someone else at some point.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HCR Pasadena is located conveniently , in a shiny, clean, and pleasant office setting. Processes are streamlined and efficient and staff is mostly friendly and accommodating. I found afternoon appointments overwhelming as it gets very busy and waits can be long, but early morning appointments were much more low-key, quiet and on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
We paid about $10,000 out of pocket and the rest was covered by insurance. (I think it would have been closer to $25-27,000 without insurance coverage)
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
In our case, Dr Kolb strongly encouraged single rather than multiple embryo transfer.
Bradford Kolb

2018 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Ketefian is an extremely thoughtful healthcare provider and truly takes time to listen to patients to be able to make the most appropriate suggestions for their treatment plans. Dr. Ketefian also performed many different procedures (hysteroscopies, saline ultrasounds, retrieval etc.)...After I had a miscarriage with my first transfer and my husband and I were ready to try another transfer, Dr. Ketefian took the time to really think about what our options were and talked through all of our questions with us. She also suggested consultations with other specialists (in my case, a reproductive immunologist) and was always open to working with his approach
Overall, I think HRC - Pasadena is a lovely clinic. Their new location is beautiful and I appreciate the atmosphere that they've very mindfully curated. The reception staff is helpful. The phlebotomists are friendly and efficient. The one weakness I would highlight is that the finance department feels a little disconnected from the whole experience. (e.g. delays with processing, not-so-user-friendly online portal, etc.)...You will sometimes have to wait a little longer than expected at your appointments to see Dr. Ketefian, but it's definitely worth it! :)
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
After I had a miscarriage with my first transfer and my husband and I were ready to try another transfer, Dr. Ketefian took the time to really think about what our options were and talked through all of our questions with us. She also suggested consultations with other specialists (in my case, a reproductive immunologist) and was always open to working with his approach (adjusting cycles, etc., as needed). I truly always felt heard and that our questions were being addressed at every single appointment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Ketefian is an extremely thoughtful healthcare provider and truly takes time to listen to patients to be able to make the most appropriate suggestions for their treatment plans. Dr. Ketefian also performed many different procedures (hysteroscopies, saline ultrasounds, retrieval etc.) and was always clear about why she was doing these and what I could expect. I had my first successful transfer in February 2021, but unfortunately had a miscarriage at 13w6d (which was long after I “graduated” from HRC). However, Dr. Ketefian personally reached out with her condolences.
Describe the protocols Aline Ketefian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
A mock transfer to determine my receptivity was something I am very grateful that Dr. Ketefian did prior to my first transfer. This helped determine how long I would take progesterone in oil leading up to my transfer. I also had a protocol of estradiol and endometrin. For my second transfer, I also used PiO, estradiol, and endometrin, but Dr. Ketefian also added in estrogen patches. As I mentioned previously, she was also open to hearing input from my Reproductive Immunologist and they worked together prior to my second transfer, which included 3 months of Lupron and Letrozole (after a Receptiva test that showed I had elevated inflammation).
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia Cruz)
Cynthia was extremely responsive and patient and kind. Cynthia went above and beyond to make sure that I had all of the information I needed after appointments, ordered the medications, and answered all of my questions about how and when to take said medications. I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about Cynthia - it was a true joy being able to work with her during the time I was receiving care at HRC.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility.
I believe that the up front IVF package (retrieval, first transfer, and all associated appointments) was about $14,000. This did not include any medications.
Describe Aline Ketefian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
My husband and I ended up with 3 PGT tested normal embryos after my egg retrieval in 2020. For my first transfer, Dr. Ketefian recommended single embryo transfer with our most highly rated embryo. That transfer was successful (although I had a miscarriage at almost 14 weeks). When it came time for second transfer, based on the ratings of the two embryos we had left, Dr. Ketefian recommended transferring both. One did not "stick" and I am currently pregnant with a singleton pregnancy. (I believe that this was hands down the best decision and am grateful we transferred both of the remaining embryos.)
Aline Ketefian

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Chavkin was compassionate and also realistic...She is nurturing and attentive. She truly cares about her patients. It was amazing seeing her every appointment (as opposed to a nurse or tech). It took us 3 retrievals and Dr. Chavkin was honest while keeping us motivated every step of the way. Dr. Chavkin is brilliant and took time to answer all questions...She herself has been through IVF; and perhaps because of her personal experience her empathy was felt every step of the way....
The nurse(s) at HRC were amazing. I saw the same one each visit and she managed my case in terms of communicating medication changes, etc. The office staff were organized...The clinic was great. Highly organized and kind. The lab- which is super important in this process has amazing reviews. During procedures at the Encino location- everyone was really kind and the surgeries felt as positive as they could be because of the care of the nurses, staff, etc...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
I loved Dr. Chavkin. She is nurturing and attentive. She truly cares about her patients. It was amazing seeing her every appointment (as opposed to a nurse or tech). It took us 3 retrievals and Dr. Chavkin was honest while keeping us motivated every step of the way. Dr. Chavkin is brilliant and took time to answer all questions. Initially I was using a practice in Florida. The doctors were very hard to get in touch with. I never had this issue with Dr. Chavkin.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
If you are above 40 (I am pregnant at 42), the process may be longer then you think. Dr. Chavkin shares all of the facts and it is easy to white out what you don’t want to hear about age; but going in knowing that it may take more then one egg retrieval to create chromosomally normal embryos will help with all of the psychological stuff that comes with fertility issues.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was compassionate and also realistic. She herself has been through IVF; and perhaps because of her personal experience her empathy was felt every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Joanna)
I left a different fertility practice due to the nurses being poor communicators and the office staff being extremely unorganized. The nurse(s) at HRC were amazing. I saw the same one each visit and she managed my case in terms of communicating medication changes, etc. The office staff were organized.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
I really love that everything is in one office here [at HRC Fertility]. I would say the only slight weakness was the response time from billing. They did get back to us and after that one time we haven’t had problems since...The staff has been so helpful and our nurse Ariana is absolutely amazing. She answers every question and had a super quick response time...
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
I was very hesitant to switch clinics because we were very comfortable where we were at but we felt like we weren’t getting any where and we never saw the same dr at that office. After switching to Dr. Alison Peck it was a huge sigh of relief because I felt like we had someone who was really rooting for us. Our consultation was pretty basic just getting all of the information down but from there we saw her at every appointment. She was very detailed in everything she saw in ultrasounds, possible risks and just making sure we had all the information needed to make each decision moving forward. We are doing reciprocal ivf so my wife went through the egg retrieval. It went really well and Dr. Peck even held my wife’s hand going into the procedure! I don’t know any Dr who would provide that type care and compassion to an overwhelming situation like that. It was very much appreciated. We are still in the middle of a cycle but I tell my wife after almost every appointment that I am so glad we switched clinics.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Even if you think of some after the appointment. She is really good at painting a whole picture and not just sugar coating things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
She took the time to get to know us and what our goals were.
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
After our baseline blood work we started meds for my wife’s egg retrieval. As we went in for the blood work and ultrasounds leading up to the retrieval she changed the dose of menopur and one other to help us get the most out of our retrieval
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ariana)
The staff has been so helpful and our nurse Ariana is absolutely amazing. She answers every question and had a super quick response time. She has never made me feel like any of my questions were stupid and even follows up after appointments or procedures just to see how we are doing. I feel so lucky to have these 2 people on our team as we try and have the family we have been trying so hard for.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I really love that everything is in one office here. I would say the only slight weakness was the response time from billing. They did get back to us and after that one time we haven’t had problems since.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.
Our egg retrieval with medication was about $18,000. I don’t remember exactly the amount of genetic testing but all together I think it was around $24,000 including the transfer. Give it take a little
Describe Alison Peck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
After we had our embryos genetically tested we only had one normal embryo but if I remember correctly she was open to transferring more than one embryo. We just haven’t reached that point yet.

2021 - 2022, Consult
Dr. Coffler was upfront about his findings and his presumptions based on our previous diagnosis and work with other doctors. He set our expectations based on this and managed it well. He was very warm and took his time to explain everything...He presents information as very matter-of-fact so take that into consideration, although he is warm, it may not come off that way immediately...
The clinic [HRC Fertility] recently moved locations and we haven’t visited the new location yet. They were very efficient at the old location. It was a smaller office but it wasn’t crowded or busy when we were there for visits. They were easy to get ahold of, whether it was through phone or email...We had a lot of stop and go’s with our treatments so far and Dr. Coffler and his team made sure to reach out to us and check in every now and then. Each time it was very personable and they knew exactly where we were in our treatment cycle and it didn’t feel like they were just cold calling...
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Coffler was upfront about his findings and his presumptions based on our previous diagnosis and work with other doctors. He set our expectations based on this and managed it well. He was very warm and took his time to explain everything. We moved around a lot during our testing phase and he wanted to make sure we were on the same page about everything. I was concerned about my health due to being pre diabetic and prehypertensive, along with my mental health, prior to starting IVF and he reassured me that he would work with my primary doctors to make sure we covered all of our bases and that we kept a close eye on things. He didn’t shy away from the challenges presented by my case and made us feel reassured in our choice with his clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Mickey Coffler used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We have not started our first treatment yet, I received a calendar recently however we had to push back our day 1 appointment. So I am unable to provide feedback on this at this time
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel)
Our interactions so far was with Angel, our coordinator, and she was amazing at listening and answering all of my questions. Showing empathy and being compassionate. However I just received communication that she is no longer with the clinic
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic recently moved locations and we haven’t visited the new location yet. They were very efficient at the old location. It was a smaller office but it wasn’t crowded or busy when we were there for visits. They were easy to get ahold of, whether it was through phone or email.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility.
We chose HRC because we don’t have insurance coverage and their prices (with a military discount) was comparable to the MTF clinics. Before we got our protocol they provided us with an average cost breakdown that outlined all the pricing and also provided a couple of different third party financing options
Describe Mickey Coffler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
I asked him what his standard is and he recommends his patients to do the PGA testing, and if they do, he typically only does 1 tested embryo per transfer. I asked if we wanted to do 2, would he anyway and he assured me that we can discuss that when the time came and we knew how much embryos we do have (again managing expectations since I have a low reserve), that we can discuss it again then.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Guner] was always very honest and upfront and gave me realistic expectations, which I appreciate. She communicates very well and takes time to answer questions and explain without seeming rushed or bothered. She has a kind demeanor and good bedside manner. I appreciate her making us feel like we were individuals and our case was specific to us, not just another patient of hundreds...
My only complaint about HRC is that i felt like I needed to ask them for prep before starting and I feel like IVF is something where education and preparation should be a top priority, I shouldn’t have to ask for it...Beautiful office, clean and calm exam rooms, friendly front desk staff. They are very efficient in getting everyone in and out when it’s clearly a very busy clinic. Parking is street parking and mostly only 1 hour streets, which isn’t ideal...
How was your experience with Joie Guner at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Guner is wonderful. She was always very honest and upfront and gave me realistic expectations, which I appreciate. She communicates very well and takes time to answer questions and explain without seeming rushed or bothered. She has a kind demeanor and good bedside manner. I appreciate her making us feel like we were individuals and our case was specific to us, not just another patient of hundreds. At this point, I have no complaints about Dr. Guner. Just hoping to have a positive outcome!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joie Guner at HRC Fertility?
Ask your questions and seek clarification of her opinion when you need it. She is a great communicator and she will give you honest advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joie Guner at HRC Fertility?
She was kind and spoke to me as a human, honest and open in her explanations, took time to call me directly and reply to my emails quickly.
Describe the protocols Joie Guner used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
First cycle - DOR (age 33) Clomid x 5 days Follistim started on day 4 through day 10 Ganirellix and low HCG started day 8 until trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Desiree)
Desiree was my nurse and she was great. We met before starting my cycle so I could ask some questions and feel prepared. Overall I was very happy with Desiree, however, I was initially assigned to a different nurse who I did not feel was as good of a communicator and didn’t feel like she was providing me with any preparation before starting my cycle. My only complaint about HRC is that i felt like I needed to ask them for prep before starting and I feel like IVF is something where education and preparation should be a top priority, I shouldn’t have to ask for it. But once I met with Desiree everything was smooth sailing.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Beautiful office, clean and calm exam rooms, friendly front desk staff. They are very efficient in getting everyone in and out when it’s clearly a very busy clinic. Parking is street parking and mostly only 1 hour streets, which isn’t ideal. The structure behind the clinic is super expensive so you either need to park farther when you can find 2 hr streets, or move your car if you aren’t out in 1 hr. That’s not ideal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joie Guner at HRC Fertility.
Total cost for cycle (which included biopsy for pgt testing and a professional discount which was honored since Dr Guner is a USC doctor) was about $13,500
Joie Guner

2020 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Coffler is thorough and kind. He is always available to answer as many questions as we have and explains treatment and processes well. I have always felt that he really cares about us and wants us to be successful in starting our family. I’m confident that he has our best interest in mind. We have experienced many set backs in our journey and I appreciate that he is always honest with us about what we are dealing with and what our options are. We have not been successful yet but have chosen to remain with HRC, and Dr. Coffler specifically because he has provided excellent patient care.
I really like HRC. I appreciate the kindness we have experienced and the level of patient care is great. I like that they have multiple locations and many RE’s- it gives me comfort that there is a network of doctors vs just one doctor working solo without input from other professionals...There were a few instances where my lab orders weren’t called in until I followed up, or medicine orders weren’t sent until I followed up. Ultimately, the clinic staff seemed very busy which is what I attributed these things to.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
He is busy, but don’t be afraid to ask questions. He never rushes us, but sometimes I would hesitate to ask questions because I didn’t want to take up his time. As I have been a patient for more time, I have learned to advocate and ask clarifying questions if needed.
Dr. Coffler worked with my husband and I through two very difficult failed transfer cycles. He was always honest with us about our options and didn’t hide his disappointment over the result we experienced. This truly made us feel like he cared and really wanted a positive outcome for us.
I have completed 2 transfer cycles with donated embryos. I did a sonohystogram before the first transfer, and a mock cycle. For my transfer protocols, I was on lupron for 10 days leading up to the cycle, then started PIO shots 5-6 days before transfer (and after transfer). I was also on apsirin daily, and took progesterone suppositories after the transfers. I took estradiol orally for the first transfer and via injection for the second transfer. Our embryos were tested and graded well but neither resulted in successful pregnancies.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Each transfer cycle was around $12,000, but that included the cost of the donated embryo as well as the transfer. That process was handled via an outside agency and was not paid directly to HRC. Now, we are preparing for a full IVF cycle which will be about $30k (egg retrieval, testing, transfer, etc).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
There were a few instances where my lab orders weren’t called in until I followed up, or medicine orders weren’t sent until I followed up. Ultimately, the clinic staff seemed very busy which is what I attributed these things to. None of what I experienced was a big concern, and it never impacted me or my treatment cycle negatively.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Ho has been extremely sensitive to the multiple losses I have experienced and has always given me a realistic approach with a healthy dose of optimism. She knows who I am and takes plenty of time to talk me and my husband through every step of the way, making time for virtual consultations and answering questions even on the weekends...I don’t feel rushed or stupid for asking questions. She’s patient and kind while also being professional and knowledgeable.
The clinic itself [HRC Fertility] is very nice and all staff are typically helpful and sensitive. It is hard to find parking so that is also something to consider. There are several doctors and many patients so there is a certain amount of wait time to expect too...All payment for IVF cycle is due before the start of baseline appointments...The best way to communicate with the nursing staff and the financial department is via email. Otherwise they can be difficult to get in touch with.
How was your experience with Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility?
Dr Ho always asks how I’m doing and takes as much time as I need. I don’t feel rushed or stupid for asking questions. She’s patient and kind while also being professional and knowledgeable. She did a whole PowerPoint presentation for my husband and I when we had our initial consult about IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility?
Ask lots of questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jacqueline Ho used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr Ho recommended a hysteroscopy to deal with a small uterine septum. She has now recommended frozen embryo transfer with PGS testing due to my repeated losses. The hope is that we will be able identify any abnormalities in eggs/embryos before implantation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
One of Dr Ho’s nurses, Pam, has been amazingly sensitive and supportive during this entire process. She’s reached out repeatedly to give me information and to check in and also encouraged me to advocate for myself to get the treatment I needed. Her personal touch was one of the reasons I decided to stay with USC when they moved to HRC Fertility. When I have feedback to the doctor about a misstep in communication, it was immediately rectified.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The best way to communicate with the nursing staff and the financial department is via email. Otherwise they can be difficult to get in touch with. The clinic itself is very nice and all staff are typically helpful and sensitive. It is hard to find parking so that is also something to consider. There are several doctors and many patients so there is a certain amount of wait time to expect too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacqueline Ho at HRC Fertility.
My insurance does not cover any procedures so all blood work and testing was billed to me directly. There are payment plans available for some bills (blood work, ultrasounds) while other procedures (sonograms, hysteroscopy) were due up front. All payment for IVF cycle is due before the start of baseline appointments.
Describe Jacqueline Ho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Because of my age and history of repeated losses, Dr Ho is sensitive to only implanting one embryo at a time. I am very appreciative of her thoughtfulness to the approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
When I had a pregnancy outside of an IVF cycle, my results were not reported to my chart so I did not receive blood test results on two different occasions. Once I told the doctor about the issue, it was immediately rectified and all communication has been timely since.
Jacqueline Ho

2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
This was my first egg freezing cycle and I was treated with warmth and respect every step of the way...Working with Dr. Chavkin was a pleasure and I definitely recommend her. She was warm and took the time to answer all of my questions. I saw her a few times during my treatment and then she performed my retrieval...My insurance covered 80%, and my out of pocket costs were ~$6,000...
Working with HRC Fertility was a great experience...This was my first egg freezing cycle and I was treated with warmth and respect every step of the way...[nurse] was available to answer every question I had along every step of the process. She even offered to drive to my house to drop off medication on the night before my treatment started because the delivery was going to be delayed...My doctor was located in the West Los Angeles location, but the clinic allowed me to do my weekly monitoring at the Pasadena location since it is closer to my home. I had good experiences as both locations...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Joanna Truong)
Joanna was available to answer every question I had along every step of the process. She even offered to drive to my house to drop off medication on the night before my treatment started because the delivery was going to be delayed. She was great to work with.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Working with HRC Fertility was a great experience. My doctor was located in the West Los Angeles location, but the clinic allowed me to do my weekly monitoring at the Pasadena location since it is closer to my home. I had good experiences as both locations.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility.
My insurance covered 80%, and my out of pocket costs were ~$6,000

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Chavkin was very informative and transparent throughout the entire procedure. While her nurses handled all of the emails, if and when an emergency arose, she'd answer personally. Same with questions, we'd ask the nurses a million questions, and they'd run it by Dr. Chavkin for an answer, and we'd get guidance/direction by nightfall. My wife and I elected to have Reciprocal IVF, which meant we were both under her care. She took really good care of both of us and kept us level-headed, calm, and was completely honest with probability rates.
The clinic [HRC Fertility] has multiple offices and is huge. There are many times where it feels like the left-hand has no idea what the right-hand is doing. It's even worse because you know if you CC the doctor on emails, the doctor doesn't read emails (which she was clear about when we started)... our first [nurse] was a disaster...majority of our emails to her went unanswered, including an email about whether a donor's sperm was compatible w/ our genetic profile. We went ahead and bought sperm without their approval (gamble, but worth it), and thank goodness we did because he ran out of stuff by the time the clinic/Dr. realized that Stephanie never forwarded our emails.
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin is a doctor from NY who was a teacher in the public school system, has undergone fertility treatment, and a woman. We connected over that, and the fact that she's undergone fertility treatment herself meant that she understood what we were going through. It is so important to work with someone who can empathize with their clients because she was able to reassure us when we had a million worries and questions. She didn't blunt difficult stats, but she made sure we knew all of our options before moving ahead. She was also incredibly patient to make sure that our eggs were ready for retrieval rather than waste a cycle by attempting to retrieve too early. I really appreciated that.
Bring all of your questions with you and don't be afraid to ask Dr. Chavkin when you see her for a consult. Her visits are REALLY fast (which some folks may not like), but when you have her attention, you HAVE her attention.
Describe the protocols Diana Chavkin used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
This was our first time trying to conceive and she was clear that once we had a good egg (one that survived to create an embryo and pass PGS testing), we had a 60-70% likelihood of live birth. Our first retrieval (Birth control first, then Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide, and Pregnyl) resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, with one testing normal (we're AMA). Second retrieval, same protocol, resulted in about 16 eggs, again, with one testing normal (it's on ice). We transferred the first good egg into me (I had to inject HCG to prep and some progesterone to prepare my body for the FET), and had the 2nd retrieval happen the same week (same protocol). Once I received a confirmed pregnancy, the protocol was Crinone 8%, Progesterone-in-oil, estrace, and pre-natals through week 13. Currently at 14 weeks.
I want to be clear, our first nurse, Stephanie was a disaster. Apparently, when we first started, Stephanie was in the midst of quitting (or getting fired), but a majority of our emails to her went unanswered, including an email about whether a donor's sperm was compatible w/ our genetic profile. We went ahead and bought sperm without their approval (gamble, but worth it), and thank goodness we did because he ran out of stuff by the time the clinic/Dr. realized that Stephanie never forwarded our emails. Once Joanna took over, it was a complete 180. She was thorough, clear, and on-top of emails. Not only did she send us emails telling us what to do/expect, she also called (my phone AND my partner's phone) to make sure we got everything. She's fantastic and sweet, and really thoughtful. Well done!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic has multiple offices and is huge. There are many times where it feels like the left-hand has no idea what the right-hand is doing. It's even worse because you know if you CC the doctor on emails, the doctor doesn't read emails (which she was clear about when we started). Once I complained very very clearly to our Fertility Advocate (we were using Progyny to manage billing and care), things got sorted out very quickly. The other weakness is with their biller, Jamie. Sure, we're on Progyny, and we didn't have to think about insurance stuff at all, but there were several instances where they forgot to submit approvals, which led to some stressful days when we weren't sure if certain meds would be covered by Progyny or if we'd have to pay out of pocket first (which we could afford, but it was still confusing). I remember asking Jamie about certain approvals, and she'd say Progyny would take a few days to approve/respond, but then I'd go home and do it myself and get it approved within 24 hours. You'll need to stay on top of things and advocate on your own behalf. It is incredibly important for you to confirm things via email. Also, the surgical center is owned by HRC. It's not disclosed anywhere and it probably saves you money to stay in their system, but it feels like self-dealing and feels shady. It's not an awful surgical center, and it's easy to let the clinic manage all of that. I don't know what they billed or how much cost of care for retrieval/transfers are, and I don't know if the doctor would've performed the procedure elsewhere, but wish they were upfront about that at the beginning.
Progyny covered everything after our deductible (about $2800) except for Crinone.. fair market value for that stuff is $1000+ for a 1 month supply. I think I paid $400-600 for 2 boxes a month.
Describe Diana Chavkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Chavkin is very clear that they only do single embryo transfers unless there's a reason to transfer more than one. I don't have a history of miscarriages, so there was no reason to transfer more than 1.. and since we only got 1 egg the first time, it wasn't much of a discussion.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
This was all when we had Stephanie as our nurse coordinator. She failed to pass our donor's genetic info along for approval despite us telling them we needed answers w/in 72-hours because of low donor sperm availability. We went ahead and purchased the sperm anyway (a potential $4000 throwaway if the doc said no). I finally contacted the clinic by phone and email 10 days later demanding to know why we didn't get a response, and the doc/nurse said they never got our messages, and that our nurse no longer worked there. While I can understand why they may have been unable to access Stephanie's emails (not sure why a company wouldn't keep an employee's email open until they reviewed all emails for urgency), we CCed the doctor on those emails. The very same day, we got "approval" to buy sperm. Did I mention that they required us to buy CMV negative sperm because my partner, the non-gestational parent, tested CMV negative? As someone who was pre-med, I asked them why we had to pick someone CMV negative when I, the gestational partner, tested CMV positive. Joanna, the new nurse, said I was right and we didn't have to limit our choices. Folks, the sheer # of donors who are CMV negative is exponentially smaller than the pool of CMV positive donors. Not only were we forced to purchase sperm w/o approval, but we were initially limited to a smaller gene pool too. Granted, we picked a donor who we felt was the best (out of both CMV-/CMV+ groups), it would've been a lot less stressful to have accurate information from the start. We also had one day where they forgot to book an appointment for us despite telling us we had to show up on a certain day, so they had to move it to another day. Considering that fertility treatment is time-sensitive (medicine is doled out to trigger precise bodily changes to prep for retrieval), we were completely aghast that they forgot. We had our appointment moved to the next day, but we were terrified that we may have missed a cycle and re-do/wait for another month. Similarly, for our second retrieval, it wasn't clear when we were supposed to use the trigger shot. We were told of a potential retrieval date, but the doctor told us we may need to delay it because some of the eggs didn't look ready. However, no one told us this meant that the retrieval and trigger dates had to be switched too. Thankfully, we called the on-duty doctor for clarification. On-duty doctor contacted Dr. Chavkin, who emailed/called us immediately to let us know what to do and what not to do.

2022, 5 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Becht] was very friendly and spoke slowly to be able to understand how the procedures were going to work...The doctor requested a lot of visits to test levels and adjusted medication accordingly. They actually produced great results in the growth of follicles...She listened thoroughly and took any of the other issues that I had into consideration
[the HRC Fertilty] was great, and patient with me because I forget to stay up-to-date with things like the calendar, so she was on top of it for me...The clinic is very organized, they move through the appointments quickly which makes it easy to schedule and more comfortable...Also make sure that you know your arms for blood draw, and let them know if the blood draws are uncomfortable.
How was your experience with Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
The doctor was very friendly and spoke slowly to be able to understand how the procedures were going to work. She’s friendly and upbeat which I appreciate because this is not an easy thing to go through. She listened thoroughly and took any of the other issues that I had into consideration. So she was able to advise me and treat me correctly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, Dr. Becht has no is she giving you the time to be able to answer them. The process can be really confusing and it’s nice to have a doctor that will explain what you’re going to go through and answer any questions that make you hesitant to move forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
Everything was explained to me in a person way, not a doctor way with terms that’s are difficult to me. She was blunt in a human way also. I wanted her to be realistic based on the size of investment. She was which I appreciated.
Describe the protocols Lisa Becht used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
The doctor requested a lot of visits to test levels and adjusted medication accordingly. They actually producedgreat results in the growth of follicles. And over seeing the amount of medication helped me with the comfort level of the amount of hormones in my body.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
Amanda was great, and patient with me because I forget to stay up-to-date with things like the calendar, so she was on top of it for me. The nursing staff was very friendly, and they got to you very quickly so the appointment didn’t take too long.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very organized, they move through the appointments quickly which makes it easy to schedule and more comfortable. I like to be in and out of the doctors office. Make sure that you adhere to the schedule when they give it to you, and don’t be afraid to call and ask questions about it. Also make sure that you know your arms for blood draw, and let them know if the blood draws are uncomfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility.
All treatments are different, some people require more or less medicine so that can vary the cost of a treatment, but it’s definitely over 10 K.
Lisa Becht
Newport Beach

2020 - 2021, Unsuccessful
The protocol we were on didn't feel specific to my body and she [Dr. Peck] often seemed unsure of what to do. Anything and everything that COULD work she would throw at us, ranging from a mock cycle to an intralipid infusion...she would often appear angry or annoyed if we asked too many questions....I truly felt like I was being experimented on there. I'm not convinced she is up to date on the latest research and I'm not even sure she cares too much about results outside of how it might affect her numbers...
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Peck seems like a really nice person and I'd trust her with our child. But I wouldn't trust her to create one. I truly felt like I was being experimented on there. I'm not convinced she is up to date on the latest research and I'm not even sure she cares too much about results outside of how it might affect her numbers. My experience at my next fertility clinic with our next doctor was like night and day.
Her bedside manner isn't great, which would be totally fine if her results were. Unfortunately that wasn't the case in our situation. We felt like so much time and money was wasted with her conservative approach, not to mention how much my body went through unnecessarily. Do your research and don't just talk to a friend who had success with her. See what the experience has been like for patients overall.
The protocol we were on didn't feel specific to my body and she often seemed unsure of what to do. Anything and everything that COULD work she would throw at us, ranging from a mock cycle to an intralipid infusion. When we had difficult results, a nurse would call instead of her, and she would often appear angry or annoyed if we asked too many questions.
The first round of egg retrievals/embryo creation, we wound up with zero healthy embryos. Yet not much was changed for round two (which resulted in 2 healthy ones, but neither transfer worked). And I know now from my experience at the next clinic that she was overmedicating me. She also didn't monitor me at all once I started injections for the transfer, whereas at my next clinic, the doctor had me come in so he could adjust the medication if necessary. She seemed utterly baffled why I wasn't getting pregnant, and threw a lot at the wall to see what would stick as a result (acupuncture day of transfer, intrillipid inufusion day of transfer, mock cycles to improve results, etc.). Nothing worked and everything was more costly and took more time. She'll tell you that she said we didn't need to do any of those things, but when a doctor tells you that something COULD work, you are so desperate and don't want any regrets that you'll try anything. But I want a doctor who KNOWS what will likely work. Not someone who is guessing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jessica, Chrystie, and one I can't remember who isn't there anymore)
We had 3 nurses throughout our year and a half at HRC, which is part of the problem. The turnover rate there is very frequent. So just when we would get used to one, someone else would take over. The first and last were truly wonderful. The one in the middle made me stressed and angry during a process when I should be as relaxed as possible. I'm guessing she was fired because others felt similarly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
There is too much turnover there. Just when you start to connect with someone, they leave. Overall I was not impressed. Two of the nurses assigned to our doctor were really wonderful, but a big part of feeling grateful for their warmth and compassion is that our doctor seemed to lack it.
It was never discussed in detail but she did eSET on us both times. I have no objections to that. She did a multiple embryo transfer for our friends who ended up having twins. I'm sure either could work.

2021, Successful
Dr. Norian uses his education and experience to craft a personalized plan for every patient. I never felt as if I was receiving a "cookie cutter" treatment plan with him...throughout my treatment, Dr. Norian would call me personally to give me updates and discuss the next steps in my treatment...He is very "hands on" and performs every procedure personally....
The clinic at HRC in Rancho Cucamonga is small, but cozy. Booking appointments was easy, and they were always able to get me in quickly, and during a convenient time for my schedule. The staff runs the clinic with smooth efficiency...I received very detailed cost breakdowns of the different packages and payment options that they had available....
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian is everything you could hope for in a doctor. He is personable, involved, caring, and highly intelligent. He is very "hands on" and performs every procedure personally. He cares about his patients and uses his expertise to assist them with their reproductive needs. On a more personal level, I came to Dr. Norian with high hopes, despite my age. After researching, reading reviews, and even several consultations with different doctors, I decided Dr. Norian was my best chance of conceiving. I am so pleased to report that my trust was not misplaced, because I am currently pregnant after one egg retrieval, and one embryo transfer. I highly recommend Dr. John Norian and HRC.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Do your research, but ultimately, listen to Dr. Norian. This is his life's work, and he knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian uses his education and experience to craft a personalized plan for every patient. I never felt as if I was receiving a "cookie cutter" treatment plan with him. My original consultation took place by phone, and also over zoom, and it lasted about an hour. He explained everything to my satisfaction and didn't make me feel as if he was in a rush. Additionally, throughout my treatment, Dr. Norian would call me personally to give me updates and discuss the next steps in my treatment.
Describe the protocols John Norian used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval, I had 5-6 follicles at baseline. I started out with 225iu of both Follistim and Menopur. On the third day, I added .25mL of Omnitrope. After my second monitoring ultrasound on day six, my dosage of Menopur was increased to 300iu. I believe I started Ganirelix on day six. All meds continued until day 11, and I triggered with HCG on day 12, with my ER the following day. I had ten follicles at my last monitoring appointment on day eight. However, I was pleasantly surprised when 14 eggs were retrieved. Nine eggs were mature, six were fertilized successfully with ICSI, and five made it to blast by day seven. After a short wait of about a week, I received the phone call saying that one of my blastocysts was normal and approved for transfer! Because I only had one chance, I opted to do an ERA cycle prior to my embryo transfer. Dr. Norian routinely does six days of PIO, when many other doctors only do five. Even with this extra day of medication, my ERA revealed that I was slightly pre-receptive and required another 12 hours of PIO - 6.5 days, total. The very next cycle was my embryo transfer, and despite my high anxiety, it went very smoothly. After four days, I had a positive home pregnancy test! My official beta at HRC was positive, too, and my HCG rose adequately.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marisa Cobb)
Marisa Cobb is an exemplary care coordinator. She was compassionate, attentive, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic at HRC in Rancho Cucamonga is small, but cozy. Booking appointments was easy, and they were always able to get me in quickly, and during a convenient time for my schedule. The staff runs the clinic with smooth efficiency. There was only one time, during the entire year I spent having many appointments, that I had to wait more than a few minutes in the waiting room. I am reluctant to say anything negative about HRC, but I would be remiss if I didn't bring up the cost. HRC is not what I would call budget-friendly. Then again, you get what you pay for! If you want top notch care the likes of which Dr. Norian provides, you will need to adjust your budget to accommodate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Norian at HRC Fertility.
I requested a pricing list from their financial advisors and I received very detailed cost breakdowns of the different packages and payment options that they had available. The overall cost is more expensive than some other clinics, but the care provided by Dr. Norian is more than worth it.
Describe John Norian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Personally, since I had only one normal blastocyst, I did not have the option of transferring multiple embryos, but Dr. Norian did say that I was a candidate for multiple embryo transfer because of my age and history.

2021, Unsuccessful
Our initial consult was only about 20 minutes long as Dr. T went through a list of standard things. I wish there was more testing and analysis done on why we were considered "unexplained" before jumping straight to IVF...I don't feel like Dr. T went above and beyond to treat me as a unique case...the next course of action was vague and was simply a small tweak to the current plan (let's just add omnitrope)
I don't believe this [HRC Fertility - Encino] clinic is up to date on the latest research. I would push your doctor/clinic to do additional testing, and I wish I was proactive and had armed myself with more research. Example: my husband's sperm analysis was deemed "borderline problematic" at HRC, but when showcasing these same results to another doctor at another clinic, they mentioned that the reference and evaluation criteria used are very old.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
At the time of seeing Dr. T, I was satisfied with every visit and knew what my next steps were. However, now that I've seen 2 other doctors since Dr. T, I've changed my mind as I am now able to compare and contrast the differences. My first IVF round was unsuccessful. We retrieved a good number of eggs, but only a few were mature, and of them, none of them fertilized. It was devastating, especially without previous context and knowledge that this can even be a possibility for me. During the follow up call with Dr. T, I did not feel there was an explanation for what happened, and the next course of action was vague and was simply a small tweak to the current plan (let's just add omnitrope). I was also told I simply have terrible egg quality and to look into Eastern medicine, and we'll reconvene in 3 months. Dr. T did not suggest any further testing to see if there may be other underlying issues. I went and got a second opinion, and that's when the new doctor suspected endometriosis, which was verified by an endometrioma in one of my ovaries. I don't feel like Dr. T went above and beyond to treat me as a unique case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
I would push for more testing and to ask the tough questions (e.g. why this treatment protocol, why not this one, what happened when something unexpected occurred, etc.).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
HRC and Dr. Tourgeman was the first clinic that I went to (I'm currently at my third). In retrospect, I started this process quite naive, and thought IVF was a guarantee success. Our initial consult was only about 20 minutes long as Dr. T went through a list of standard things. I wish there was more testing and analysis done on why we were considered "unexplained" before jumping straight to IVF.
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We used a standard antagonist protocol (Gonal F & Menopur, followed by Cetrotide and trigger shot). Rationale for using this protocol: I was diagnosed by Dr. T as "unexplained," so I believe that is why he prescribed a standard typical protocol. Results: approx. a dozen eggs were retrieved, only a few were mature, and none fertilized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mei)
My nurse was approachable and easy to communicate with. However, I was not given an overall timeline for the treatment when asked. I understand there must be flexibility and things are not set in stone in IVF, but even a rough timeline would be helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I don't believe this clinic is up to date on the latest research. I would push your doctor/clinic to do additional testing, and I wish I was proactive and had armed myself with more research. Example: my husband's sperm analysis was deemed "borderline problematic" at HRC, but when showcasing these same results to another doctor at another clinic, they mentioned that the reference and evaluation criteria used are very old.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.
N/A - treatment was under insurance
David Tourgeman

2021, Successful
Dr. Norian was very honest about our chances and what he thought would be best and provide the best results. He adjusted as soon as needed and resulted in a positive pregnancy. Throughout the process he was very carefully to proceed carefully and make sure my progesterone levels were adequate to prevent a miscarriage...What made the most difference in my procedure was the "step process" which allowed the follicle to mature to full size and time the ovulation perfectly accompanied by the IUI.
The clinic [at HRC Fertility] was always very clean and all of the nursing staff was excellent. The only weakness I noted is the front desk staff was at times not as friendly. Would sometimes not even look up when arriving and signing in...Megan [a nurese] was absolutely wonderful, she always responded promptly to my emails and was very helpful...Dr. Norian was very honest about our chances and what he thought would be best and provide the best results. He adjusted as soon as needed and resulted in a positive pregnancy.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Trust that Dr. Norian knows what he is doing and ask a lot of questions to feel absolutely secure about the decisions being made and procedures.
Dr. Norian always made sure to explain everything in detail and review all the risks, benefits, and procedures. And he answered all questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Megan Ramirez )
Megan was absolutely wonderful, she always responded promptly to my emails and was very helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic was always very clean and all of the nursing staff was excellent. The only weakness I noted is the front desk staff was at times not as friendly. Would sometimes not even look up when arriving and signing in.
Costs for all of the ultrasounds, medications, and any blood work.

2021, Unknown Success
Dr . Chavkin was pleasant to work with but left too much work to the coordinator and other staff, who seemed overwhelmed and didn’t take the time to answer questions accurately. I also found Dr Chavkin too brief in her explanations and answers to my questions...I felt like just another number on their list. So many mistakes were made by staff...The nurse/care coordinator seemed rushed during every visit, most emails had mistakes or were missing key information, crucial information about a procedure was omitted, medication was ordered in error, and logistical information was frequently left out of communications.
The nurse/care coordinator [at HRC Fertility] seemed rushed during every visit, most emails had mistakes or were missing key information, crucial information about a procedure was omitted, medication was ordered in error, and logistical information was frequently left out of communications...Strengths: short wait times. Weaknesses: billing mistakes galore, failure to return emails and phone calls, mistakes in surgery and procedure instructions, charging for multiple additional things without disclosure, extremely rude and incompetent front desk staff and financial counselor.
Find another clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )

2019 - 2021, Unsuccessful
I felt like a number. I don't think he'd [Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] be able to tell me from anyone else and certainly didn't really feel like he was invested in my success as a patient. He wasn't mean, just didn't feel like he was invested...This place really feels like a factory when you get back there - he does talk to you, but I felt like he didn't know me from anyone else
[HRC fertility] billing was TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. I got so many disjointed bills - bill after bill - for months after the procedure. They billed me incorrectly so many times and then would come back asking for another $500-1000+...[nurses were] Super disorganized - they didn't explain my instructions correctly the first time and I ended up giving myself the wrong amount of medication.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
I felt like a number. I don't think he'd be able to tell me from anyone else and certainly didn't really feel like he was invested in my success as a patient. He wasn't mean, just didn't feel like he was invested.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC billing was TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. I got so many disjointed bills - bill after bill - for months after the procedure. They billed me incorrectly so many times and then would come back asking for another $500-1000+. Super stressful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
$7500 for one round without insurance $3500ish per round for drugs, without insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Unclear medication instructions. Terrible billing procedures.
Jeffrey Nelson

2021, 13 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Chavkin] wasn't blunt in her delivery, but when it came to discussing any concerns she had, she was able to relay that information in a warm and comforting way. She was able to give me the reality of the situation without scaring me...I would see her at every appointment. She did all of my ultrasounds, which made me feel like she could actually be up to date about what's going on during my cycle and if there were any issues she'd be able to catch right away...
Joanna [nurse at HRC Fertility] was wonderful to work with. After every appointment, she'd email me updates on my blood work and instructions for the upcoming days, all which were very easy to follow. On the first day of my cycle, she called and walked me through everything that I would be taking in the first few days which helped to ease any fears I had...purchased the "egg freezing package" which included everything (medications, monitoring appts, lab work, and retrieval) and 2 years of storage. The cost for that was $13,000. After the 2 years the storage fee is $760 annually...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin has a great bedside manner, which was very important to me given I was going through this process without a partner. She wasn't blunt in her delivery, but when it came to discussing any concerns she had, she was able to relay that information in a warm and comforting way. She was able to give me the reality of the situation without scaring me. I had consultations with other doctors and ultimately I decided to work with Dr. Chavkin because of this. Another thing that I appreciated about Dr. Chavkin was that I would see her at every appointment. She did all of my ultrasounds, which made me feel like she could actually be up to date about what's going on during my cycle and if there were any issues she'd be able to catch right away.
You're not expected to automatically know and understand everything going on so don't be afraid to ask questions.
I felt like Dr. Chavkin had an invested interest in the success of my cycle and she took the time to answer any questions I had to make sure I was understanding everything.
Joanna was wonderful to work with. After every appointment, she'd email me updates on my blood work and instructions for the upcoming days, all which were very easy to follow. On the first day of my cycle, she called and walked me through everything that I would be taking in the first few days which helped to ease any fears I had.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Everyone in the clinic is very friendly. The nurse who does the blood draws was very pleasant every morning. All patients in cycle come in the mornings for ultrasounds and blood draws, and even though you might have to wait a little, it's nice seeing all these other women going through the same thing you are.
I purchased the "egg freezing package" which included everything (medications, monitoring appts, lab work, and retrieval) and 2 years of storage. The cost for that was $13,000. After the 2 years the storage fee is $760 annually.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Chavkin is careful, very thorough, and data-driven...She encouraged us to seek second opinions when there were many options for next steps. After seeking a second opinion, we declined the treatment option she had initially proposed, and she adjusted the treatment plan accordingly. She was very realistic about all procedures and explained everything in understandable terms...know how much things cost before you agree to any procedures
Sometimes the nurses [at HRC Fertility] did not provide accurate information related to medication dosage. I also had to delay a cycle due to miscommunication about clinic holiday closures. I was told to schedule procedures with my health care providers, but then later told I didn't need them. I had to triple check all appointments to make sure they were still on the books, as they weren't always scheduled. I also had to triple check paperwork was sent to other clinics or pharmacies....
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin is careful, very thorough, and data-driven - everything you want with an IVF doctor. She encouraged us to seek second opinions when there were many options for next steps. After seeking a second opinion, we declined the treatment option she had initially proposed, and she adjusted the treatment plan accordingly. She was very realistic about all procedures and explained everything in understandable terms.
Be your own advocate - don't be shy to ask questions, seek second opinions from reputable sources, discuss all options with Dr. Chavkin. If cost is an issue, know how much things cost before you agree to any procedures.
In general, I felt like I was treated very well, but she didn't always keep in mind the cost of different procedures. She might suggest a procedure that would cost thousands and thousands of dollars just to see if something might be the case, even if it was a very low probability. In that way, it sometimes felt like I was just another paying customer. However, she adjusted after I communicated that these procedures would be thousands and thousands of dollars.
I followed a relatively standard protocol for retrieval. For the transfers, the first two were pretty standard, and prior to the third, we would gone through a lot of testing, but opted to just try again, and it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Garcia)
Stephanie Garcia is amazing, but the other nurses I worked with prior to Stephanie were difficult to communicate with and sometimes gave me incorrect instructions. The other nurses also were not good at drawing blood (would have to poke multiple times).
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I like that the clinic is relatively small and quiet. However, the nursing staff (besides Stephanie) could benefit from additional training related to patient interaction. But it is ok as long as you stay on top of things.
The costs were reasonable/standard, but Dr. Chavkin ordered several extra tests to get more data.
Strong preference for transferring 1 embryo, which we did for the first two transfers, and the third transfer included 2 embryos. We were informed of the risks of transferring 2.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Sometimes the nurses did not provide accurate information related to medication dosage. I also had to delay a cycle due to miscommunication about clinic holiday closures. I was told to schedule procedures with my health care providers, but then later told I didn't need them. I had to triple check all appointments to make sure they were still on the books, as they weren't always scheduled. I also had to triple check paperwork was sent to other clinics or pharmacies.

2021, Successful
Dr. Chavkin took us on as patients late in our process...She went our of her way to make sure all our questions were answered, and was very thorough with all paperwork and testing. In addition, she had a warm but very professional bedside manner, and I really appreciated this. Her steadiness really calmed me down on the day or our transfer as well...
I had nothing but good experiences with HRC West Los Angeles. They were professional, thorough, and I felt very well cared for with them. However, I previously saw a doctor at another HRC clinic in Westlake, and I did not have a good experience there...I don't think all the HRC clinics are the same...[nurses were] Very communicative, very good with email. The nurses who drew blood were absolutely lovely.....warm, supportive, and calming....
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin is worth the drive....we lived almost an hour away, so it was not easy to get to her office, but she was so thorough and excellent that I'd say go ahead and make the drive if you can.
Dr. Chavkin took us on as patients late in our process. We'd had a negative experience with a previous doctor, and were quite shaken when we met her. She was clear, honest, kind, and treated us with respect through the whole time with her.
A lot of my treatment (egg retrievals for freezing, creating of embryos) was done with my first doctor. Dr. Chavkin took over right as we were preparing for our frozen embryo transfer. She managed my hormone levels, including my thyroid, with appropriate medications, always explaining what she was doing and why it was increasing my chances of a successful transfer. When conditions were optimal, she completed the Frozen Embryo Transfer and did all the follow up (Ultrasounds, bloodwork, medication management). Our transfer was successful, and we are so grateful because we only had one healthy embryo for transfer. She did not promise success, but made sure we knew she was doing everything she could to increase our chances of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I had nothing but good experiences with HRC West Los Angeles. They were professional, thorough, and I felt very well cared for with them. However, I previously saw a doctor at another HRC clinic in Westlake, and I did not have a good experience there. In that case, communication was way less clear and I was talked down to by the physician when I asked questions. I don't think all the HRC clinics are the same.
Our payments went to two different doctors, as we did most of the prep work for the transfer with a different physician. Treatment with Dr. Chavkin was priced as expected, and once it was confirmed I was pregnant my visits were covered by my insurance (I did have to sign a waiver that I'd pay in full if insurance didn't cover, but they did, which was great)
We only had one healthy embryo (and one undetermined). We did not want the possibility of twins, and did not want to transfer the undetermined embryo, which she supported
2021, Successful
Dr. Chavkin was great because she didn’t overwhelm me. We took each test and procedure step by step, with patience and optimism...Dr. Chavkin is very knowledgeable and forthright. She answers any question you have with kindness and honesty...During my intake meeting with Dr. Chavkin, she told me directly that due to the amount of time that had passed and my fertility factors, my best chance for 3 children would be to do ivf...
The dream package [at HRC Fertility] cover all visits, labs, medication, and procedures until pregnancy. The package is $28,000. After pregnancy I had to start paying out of pocket for medication, labs, and ultrasound which was $500 a visit, I had 4 ultrasounds post pregnancy confirmation, ending in $1750. I also needed medication refills ending in $1200...Stephanie [nurse] was so sweet and kind. She was really compassionate and knows how to communicate excellently! Her emails made everything so easy to understand...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was great! In my fertility journey in the past, I felt like I was given the run around and no concrete plan. During my intake meeting with Dr. Chavkin, she told me directly that due to the amount of time that had passed and my fertility factors, my best chance for 3 children would be to do ivf. Ivf has given my husband and I comfort and insurance to know that we will have a family now and in the future. Ivf is a tough process, but Dr. Chavkin was great because she didn’t overwhelm me. We took each test and procedure step by step, with patience and optimism. I’m grateful because every step seemed to go by pretty quickly. The whole process from start to now has been about 4 months! I’m so happy and so grateful I found Dr. Chavkin because now our dream is coming true! Today I graduated from the clinic and I am 10 weeks pregnant! I’ve never been pregnant before and Dr. Chavkin with her experience and expertise made this happen for us.
Be patient with the process, ask as many questions as you can each appt and have a positive attitude about your exciting new future
Dr. Chavkin is very knowledgeable and forthright. She answers any question you have with kindness and honesty to the best of her ability.
I started this process using birth control to help suppress my reproductive system and prevent ovulation. For my medication for stimulating my eggs for retrieval, I was prescribed menopur, follistim, and a 3rd medication I forgot. Once my eggs were ready, I took a trigger shot, to stop my egg from dropping. I had my egg retrieval the next day. During my recovery I was given a steroid that helps to prevent OHSS. To prepare for transfer I was put back on birth control to help time the transfer. To prepare my womb for transfer, I was prescribed progesterone suppository and progesterone in oil shots, also estrace pills daily for the right balance of hormones to prepare for a baby.
They are all literally the best!! Stephanie was so sweet and kind. She was really compassionate and knows how to communicate excellently! Her emails made everything so easy to understand. Jessica at the front desk is a sweetheart. I enjoyed seeing her face every visit. Maria the intake nurse is so kind and makes you feel very welcomed, we would be talking and laughing during my blood draws and my husband said you could hear us from the waiting room lol. Jamie from financial is very nice and pleasant with great energy. She doesn’t play about collecting that money though lol. Lastly, it is Joanna who is the new nurse replacing Stephanie. She is very nice and attentive. She has big shoes to fill, but she seems up for the challenge.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I purchased the dream package which was all inclusive. That was great but I do wish the package included medication for once you are pregnant. We must stay on the transfer medicine until week 13 of pregnancy
The dream package cover all visits, labs, medication, and procedures until pregnancy. The package is $28,000. After pregnancy I had to start paying out of pocket for medication, labs, and ultrasound which was $500 a visit, I had 4 ultrasounds post pregnancy confirmation, ending in $1750. I also needed medication refills ending in $1200
I was told that the focus is to have a healthy baby. Based on my age and the fact that I had no previous losses, 1 embryo was the best choice. I do think that perspective parents should have the option to choose for themselves if they want more than one

2021, Successful
Dr. Chavkin was extremely knowledgeable not only from her experience as a doctor but also from her personal experience as an IVF patient herself. While she didn't spend too much time explaining everything in detail, I could always ask her or the nurse follow up questions...I wanted to prioritize having the best doctor for the highest likelihood of success over a doctor I maybe "connected" with more and I am so glad that I did that...
I really appreciated the short wait times [at HRC Fertility]. I could typically be in and out of the clinic on time which really came in handy during the multiple IVF appointments during work hours...always parking in front or on the side of the building...a few instances where the nurse forgot to call with test results that were time sensitive which was a bit frustrating or forgot to email something that was supposed to be emailed. That being said she showed a lot of compassion and was easy to talk to.
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was extremely knowledgeable not only from her experience as a doctor but also from her personal experience as an IVF patient herself. While she didn't spend too much time explaining everything in detail, I could always ask her or the nurse follow up questions if need be. In the end, I wanted to prioritize having the best doctor for the highest likelihood of success over a doctor I maybe "connected" with more and I am so glad that I did that. The results of IVF treatment were better than expected!
It helps to do your research before whether its online or with people that have gone through IVF so that when you go into the clinic the information isn't overwhelming. It also helps prepare you to ask questions after your consultation and initial testing.
There were a few instances where the nurse forgot to call with test results that were time sensitive which was a bit frustrating or forgot to email something that was supposed to be emailed. That being said she showed a lot of compassion and was easy to talk to.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I really appreciated the short wait times. I could typically be in and out of the clinic on time which really came in handy during the multiple IVF appointments during work hours. There was also always parking in front or on the side of the building, so parking was not an issue.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Norian is very kind and is a good communicator. He likes to use drawings to explain things which is very helpful especially to someone like me because I am a visual learner. He is always in a good mood. He is compassionate but also straight forward and easy to understand...He took my concerns to heart and started with blood work, ultrasounds, hsg, along with semen analysis for my husband.
The nursing staff at HRC is very friendly and caring...always flexible for their patients and always seem to make time for spontaneous calls or appointments...very patient with me by explaining things thoroughly...I like that they have a sign up asking people to please be mindful and not bring children in...There is plenty of parking space...It is always very clean and organized. The receptionists are very sweet and friendly.
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian is very kind and is a good communicator. He likes to use drawings to explain things which is very helpful especially to someone like me because I am a visual learner. He is always in a good mood. He is compassionate but also straight forward and easy to understand. I have never felt pressured or afraid to ask questions. I feel that he welcomes questions and truly listens to understand me. He is not a pushy doctor which I appreciate although I do feel that sometimes it is necessary to be a little more aggressive. Every visit is personal to him and he takes time to get to know his clients. I have always felt like he genuinely cares about my concerns and he tailors his solutions to me personally.
Do not be afraid to ask questions. Infertility and all that comes with it can be confusing and it is okay to feel like you need more information or clarification. Dr Norian does not shy away from the difficult or repeat questions.
Dr. Norian and his staff remembered me by name from the beginning. Dr. Norian is very personal and even remembers small details like my employment and activities I have mentioned at previous appointments. It's like he remembers every conversation we've had. He also shares his own personal experiences and talks about his family. He is always kind.
When I met Dr. Norian I let him know that I could not afford IVF just yet and that I was most concerned with learning why I was struggling to conceive. He took my concerns to heart and started with blood work, ultrasounds, hsg, along with semen analysis for my husband. He diagnosed me with mild pcos, anovulatory cycles, and some male factor infertility (low motility and low morphology). I was happy to learn after HSG that I did not have Fallopian tube blockages. He first suggested a healthy diet change and adding vitamins to help with hormone balances for my husband and I. After changing our diets the semen analysis was much better than before although still a little low on morphology and motility, but good enough to start with a medicated IUI. I was prescribed Menopur, Pregnyl, Clomid, to make sure that I would ovulate and Progesterone, for after the IUI. I had multiple vaginal ultrasounds to monitor while on pills and injections. I was thankful for the ultrasounds to monitor because he checks for progress and makes sure you are not overreacting to the medication. When I had good sized follicles, we scheduled IUI. He completed another ultrasound and then the IUI, which was very quick and painless. I then started the progesterone and was told to take well into pregnancy if successful or to stop it if I got my period. Unfortunately right at the 28th day of my cycle I got my period, which meant my IUI failed. Dr. Norian scheduled a follow up with me to discuss our next steps. Since I did react positively to the treatment and the SA showed strong count and improvement in morphology and motility, Dr. Norian recommended we continue with a few more rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
The nursing staff at HRC is very friendly and caring. Michelle and the other nurses are always flexible for their patients and always seem to make time for spontaneous calls or appointments. Michelle is humble and patient. When I started my first IUI I had lots of questions many of which were repetitive and she was very patient with me by explaining things thoroughly. I can get a hold of her via phone at the office or email (which she is very good at staying on top of even on the weekends). When I've had hard days she has talked to me with compassion. She is a great nurse but could improve on organization. There has been a couple of times where she has forgotten to give me information but she always catches it and reaches out to me within a timely manner.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic is very easy to access and is located in a nice area in Rancho Cucamonga. There is plenty of parking space and it is the first office to the left when walking into the building. It is always very clean and organized. The receptionists are very sweet and friendly. The waiting area has plenty of space and many chairs. They always have water, coffee and candy available. My husband loves that they have a Keurig. I like that they have a sign up asking people to please be mindful and not bring children in. In the waiting area they also have a TV and magazines to help with the wait time, although they are very punctual and the wait times are not very long as long as you have an appointment. When you walk into the patient area the walls are nicely decorated with positive messages which give a very warm feeling. They also have 2 very clean and big restrooms where they have complimentary pads and tampons. They have separate conference rooms for discussions with your nurse and doctor apart from the area where they do ultrasounds and treatments. I also like that the conference rooms have bookshelves with informational books on fertility and health.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
The very first time I had IUI my nurse told me she would order my medications, have them delivered to the clinic and would let me know when to pick them up. I called a couple of days before I was to start the medications to ask if I could pick them up and she proceeded to tell me that I was supposed to have called and ordered them via phone and have them delivered to my house. I explained to her that this is not what she had told me at our appointment. She apologized and gave me the emergency number to call and order the medications. Luckily I was able to get them ordered and delivered on time. She since done a better job and has not made this mistake again.
Rancho Cucamonga

Of the 23 retrieved 17 were mature, 16 fertilized through ICSI, 11 made it to day 5 blasts, and 7 tested PGS normal [with Dr. Michael Feinman]...After our failed transfer Dr. Feinman recommended we do an ERA...showed that my body needed to transfer an embryo slightly later than most women. After the ERA Feinman performed another FET which was successful and we are now pregnant with our little miracle...He felt that transferring multiple would only increase our odds of having multiples and wouldn't significantly increase our odds for successful transfer.
Traditional IVF [at HRC] $9600 Military IVF Pricing...$5600 Natural/Mini IVF Cycle: $6400...Most of my appointments took place at HRC Westlake, however there were also several times I needed to be at the Encino location...They are very friendly and warm and make sure to greet you when you walk into the office...Parking is not free and HRC Encino will not validate your parking. The RSA surgery center is phenomenal and the staff there is top notch and very friendly...She [nurse] was very friendly, kind, and helpful. She took her time to answer all of my questions and act as a liaison between Dr. Feinman and myself whenever I had a question that would come up. She always answered the phone and quickly returned emails. She also performed all my blood draws. I
How was your experience with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
At our first consultation Dr. Feinman was very straightforward, no nonsense, and felt a little rough around the edges. He was blunt about our situation and didn't offer a lot of compassion but he also seemed very confident and sure of himself and his suggested course of treatment. He answered all the questions we had very directly and matter of factly. The thing that stood out the most to us in our initial consultation was his suggestion to try FSH for my husband's NOA. We had asked previous doctors about FSH after doing our own research, but they each had told us we didn't need it. We decided that successful treatment was more important than a warm and fuzzy physician and moved forward with Dr. Feinman. Dr. Feinman was able to get my husband's sperm count up by 40x within 30 days, something we had been unable to accomplish with 3 previous doctors. After this achievement we were candidates for IVF. Feinman had standard diagnostic procedures he wanted to do prior to IVF starting. I was a bit hesitant because we knew we had male factor and I didn't want to spend unnecessary money on procedures for myself however Feinman insisted that we rule out any other unknown issues. I am so thankful for his insistence because we ended up finding I had a partial septum during and HSG procedure. Feinman performed the HSG as well as the hysteroscopy to remove my septum, the recovery was flawless and everything went smoothly. We moved forward with injections for egg retrieval but I didn't respond well enough and the cycle was cancelled/converted to timed intercourse. TI failed and the following cycle we started again for egg retrieval with a slightly different medication protocol. Dr. Feinman was present for every monitoring appointment, performed every ultrasound, and also performed the egg retrieval. This time it was successful and we got 23 eggs! We ended up with 11 embryos which we PGS tested - leaving us with 7 normal embryos which we froze. Our first frozen embryo transfer was also performed by Dr. Feinman but it failed. Following the failure Dr. Feinman performed an ERA which showed that my body needed to transfer an embryo slightly later than most women. After the ERA Feinman performed another FET which was successful and we are now pregnant with our little miracle. Overall, Dr. Feinman is an excellent doctor that is very knowledgeable in the field of Reproductive Endocrinology. he has a no-nonsense approach that may feel compassionless but as we got to know him we learned that he cared very much about us and our outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
Ask lots of questions. Dr. Feinman doesn't explain the reasoning or science behind many of the procedures or protocols he implements, however if you ask him questions he will answer them and explain to you what you want to know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Feinman took a while to warm up, our first consultation appointment he was very direct, straightforward, and slightly cold but also told us exactly what he knew we needed to do. As time went on we built a warmer relationship and his bedside manner softened up, he began to really take an interest in us as a couple and would share personal anecdotes and get excited for us at each next step.
Describe the protocols Michael Feinman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
For my first egg retrieval Dr. Feinman put me on 225mg Gonal-F and 5mg HCG daily, after about 8 days we added in a Ganirelix injection nightly. After 10 days I wasn't responding well and only had 3-4 follicles developing appropriately. So on night 10 we triggered with a large HCG injection and had timed intercourse 48 hrs later. This attempt did not result in pregnancy. The second egg retrieval cycle we upped the Gonal-F to 300 mg daily and continued with the 5 mg HCG, we also added in 5 mg daily of clomid for the first 5 days then after about 12 of stims we added in Ganirelix daily. This resulted in an egg retrieval where we got 23 eggs retrieved. Of the 23 retrieved 17 were mature, 16 fertilized through ICSI, 11 made it to day 5 blasts, and 7 tested PGS normal. For our first transfer the protocol was 3 2mg estrogen pills a day for 3 weeks (I was travelling in Europe so I was taking estrogen the whole time until I could get back home for the transfer). After baseline blood work I took a .5cc injection of Progesterone in Oil in the morning and a 400 mg progesterone vaginal insert at night for 5 days. On the 6th day we did our frozen embryo transfer and continued with the progesterone until blood work on day 14 which showed I wasn't pregnant and the transfer had failed. After our failed transfer Dr. Feinman recommended we do an ERA. The Progesterone inserts had irritated my vagina so I was permitted to do a 1cc injection of Progesterone in OIl daily instead. For the ERA I took 3 pills of 2 mg of estrogen a day for 14 days, then after blood work I started the 1cc PIO injections. PIO went on for 5 days and on the 6th day the ERA biopsy was performed. The ERA showed that I needed an extra day of injections before transfer. For our second transfer we used the same protocol as the ERA andand transferred after 6 days of PIO instead of 5. The transfer was successful! I took the estrogen pills 3x a day until I was 8 weeks pregnant and continued the PIO injections until I was 10 weeks pregnant. I went in for weekly ultrasounds and bloodwork with Dr. Feinman until I was 10 weeks pregnant when I "graduated" to my regular OB.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dulce Ramirez)
Dulce was my assigned nurse coordinator at HRC Westlake with Dr. Feinman. She was very friendly, kind, and helpful. She took her time to answer all of my questions and act as a liaison between Dr. Feinman and myself whenever I had a question that would come up. She always answered the phone and quickly returned emails. She also performed all my blood draws. I was originally working with Dr. Feinman out of the HRC Encino office and was paired with another nurse coordinator named Josette. Josette failed to return calls, took 3 days to respond to emails, and even forgot to schedule/inform me necessary labs prior to my surgery. After having a difficult experience with Josette I transitioned to working with Dulce instead and it was night and day! I could have stayed at the Encino office and worked with Dulce remotely but I preferred to move offices and avoid Josette entirely. I am so happy that we made this choice because Dulce was fantastic and made me feel so taken care of.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Dr. Feinman works out of two main clinics - HRC Encino and HRC Westlake. Most of my appointments took place at HRC Westlake, however there were also several times I needed to be at the Encino location. HRC Westlake is a smaller office with about 4-5 exam rooms, a small waiting room, and Dr. Feinman's office. The office is a bit dated but offers everything you need for regular visits (ultrasounds, ERAs, blood work, consultations, etc.) however they are not equipped for procedures like HSG, hysteroscopy, and embryo transfer. Those surgical type procedures require you go to the Encino location where they have a designated surgery center (called RSA). The staff at HRC Westlake is phenomenal. They are very friendly and warm and make sure to greet you when you walk into the office. Even though Westlake was farther from my house than Encino I far preferred to go to the Westlake location for my appointments. HRC Encino is a larger facility and is very modernized in terms of decor. They have a large waiting room, over 10 exam rooms, consultation roms, offices, a separate payment department, and a designated surgery center (RSA). The staff at the Encino location is much colder and less friendly. The privacy partitions are always shut at the reception desk which blocks your ability to see/speak with the front desk staff. Parking is not free and HRC Encino will not validate your parking. The RSA surgery center is phenomenal and the staff there is top notch and very friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Feinman at HRC Fertility.
Traditional IVF (office visits, ultrasounds, labs, egg retrieval, creation of embryos): $9600 Military IVF Pricing: $5600 Natural/Mini IVF Cycle: $6400 ICSI: $1700 Frozen Embryo Transfer (w/ Assisted Hatching): $3800 PGD/PGS Embryo Testing - up to 12 embryos: $5300 PGD/PGS for each embryo after 12: $250 Embryo Freezing: $800/year
Describe Michael Feinman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Before transfer I had read extensively about the outcomes of single transfers vs. multiple embryo transfers on Fertility IQ. We had PGS tested our embryos. Dr. Feinman agreed with the information on Fertility IQ, that someone my age (30) with PGS normal embryos had no reason to transfer more than one at a time. He felt that transferring multiple would only increase our odds of having multiples and wouldn't significantly increase our odds for successful transfer.
Michael Feinman
Westlake Village

Dr. Norian is great at communicating sensitive news. I felt that he was always careful in how he said things...on call and available when I needed him. Even on a Saturday night at 8pm...My first cycle treatment was pretty much standard...After the 1st miscarriage...[doctor] tested and was a little more aggressive with medication. I was even placed on blood thinners to help ease any clots...
Often times the clinic [HRC Fertility] would overbook patients and sometimes it was a long wait. I always saw [Dr. Norian] so this was good, but they should not over book him. The ladies in the front were always respectful and friendly...[nurse] was always on top of her work...don’t think she understood some questions and concerns I sometimes had...overall we spent about $25,000 on treatments...
How was your experience with John Norian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Norian is great at communicating sensitive news. I felt that he was always careful in how he said things. I also felt that at time because he was trying to be sensitive to your feelings he wasn’t being absolutely honest just how bad things might be. Overall, he is great Dr and makes you feel so hopeful and wants to help you achieve pregnancy and eventually a live birth.
One major word of advice is to seek all the “what if’s” we went into this so hopeful and then when we faced loss we did not know how to handle it.
Dr. Norian and his staff were always very compassionate to my situation. He was on call and available when I needed him. Even on a Saturday night at 8pm.
My first cycle treatment was pretty much standard. I used progesterone and estrogen shots. After the 1st miscarriage because I had a lot of blood cots. He tested and was a little more aggressive with medication. I was even placed on blood thinners to help ease any clots.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chen )
She was always on top of her work. The only downfall was that she HS a really thick accent which made it difficult to communicate certain things too. I don’t think she understood some questions and concerns I sometimes had.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I felt that Often times the clinic would overbook patients and sometimes it was a long wait. I always saw the Dr. so this was good, but they should not over book him. The ladies in the front were always respectful and friendly.
The total cost in the office was 16,800 and medications were another 4,000 dollars. Then after my first transfer Ended in a miscarriage the second transfer resulted in another cost of almost 4,000 with medication. So, overall we spent about $25,000 on treatments.
Dr. Norian was very open about single vs. multiple births. He went through the risks and informed you. He ultimately gives you the choice of what you want to transfer.