6.9

Westlake Village, CA 91361
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

2005 - 2012, Unsuccessful
My experience was positive. Traveled from across the US to see Dr. Boostanfarand was pleased with the decision. We were treated with respect at every turn. I experienced OHSS after returning home and he was helpful to my local doctors who were inexperienced in treating.... He was willing to consider our input on number transferred and offered insight on options without making us feel pressured.
We had no complaints on the clinic itself [HRC-Westlake Village]. We visited from out of state and felt comfortable in the area and the help provided with coordinating a distance visit was appreciated. I was traveling there with a 4 year old without my spouse for part of the stay and they were very helpful in accommodating my needs with him... I experienced OHSS after returning home and he was helpful to my local doctors who were inexperienced in treating.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Ask questions if you don’t understand—he was helpful and patient with us. I don’t feel like we were “needy” patients but if we had been I don’t think it would have been an issue.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He spoke to us with respect, returned calls/communications promptly, explained care and diagnosis thoroughly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
We had no complaints on the clinic itself. We visited from out of state and felt comfortable in the area and the help provided with coordinating a distance visit was appreciated. I was traveling there with a 4 year old without my spouse for part of the stay and they were very helpful in accommodating my needs with him.
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Westlake Village

Dr Boostenfar was very knowledgable and was the only doctor to recommend a DNA sperm fragmentation test prior to undergoing IVF. I loved that he cared so much about the success of the treatment rather than rushing into IVF right away. He is also a very busy doctor, so his visits felt rushed, not enough time to ask questions. ... He straight forward which I liked.
The clinic is small and it has more of a home feel, which we loved. The nurses were really sweet and knowledgeable and always responded to any questions and took the time to explain everything to us. However, I did notice this clinic was a little pricier than others. ... The nurses were GREAT! Very sweet and open to questions. Very organized as well.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He straight forward which I liked. Have a list of questions because you will feel rushed during the visit.
The office was small, which my husband and I loved. The nurses were great, they truly made you feel like family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
About $25-27K. Depending on procedures.
Westlake Village
Dr B[oostenfar] is extremely compassionate, kind and gentle...He thoroughly explains, draws out if needed, and covers all concerns. He is responsive to your needs and is attentive to them as well. He has the ability to ease your mind...He is knowledgable... His staff is VERY well trained and is on top of everything
I had to advocate several times not to take bc [at HRC]...The surgery center woman (in Encino) could use some compassionate care training...asking for a 'total fee' of everything and then still being asked to pay...The nurses there are compassionate, kind, well trained and go over and beyond...He [Dr. Boostenfar] is a kind and compassionate doctor. He thoroughly explains, draws out if needed, and covers all concerns. He is responsive to your needs and is attentive to them as well. He has the ability to ease your mind.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He is a kind and compassionate doctor. He thoroughly explains, draws out if needed, and covers all concerns. He is responsive to your needs and is attentive to them as well. He has the ability to ease your mind.
He is knowledgable
Dr B is extremely compassionate, kind and gentle. His staff is VERY well trained and is on top of everything
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bahare)
The nurses there are compassionate, kind, well trained and go over and beyond
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The surgery center woman (in Encino) could use some compassionate care training - other than that? She truly was nice. I do not have anything that could be suggested here unless you count asking for a 'total fee' of everything and then still being asked to pay
So far, over 25k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Not really. I had to advocate several times not to take bc

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Chavkin was compassionate and also realistic...She is nurturing and attentive. She truly cares about her patients. It was amazing seeing her every appointment (as opposed to a nurse or tech). It took us 3 retrievals and Dr. Chavkin was honest while keeping us motivated every step of the way. Dr. Chavkin is brilliant and took time to answer all questions...She herself has been through IVF; and perhaps because of her personal experience her empathy was felt every step of the way....
The nurse(s) at HRC were amazing. I saw the same one each visit and she managed my case in terms of communicating medication changes, etc. The office staff were organized...The clinic was great. Highly organized and kind. The lab- which is super important in this process has amazing reviews. During procedures at the Encino location- everyone was really kind and the surgeries felt as positive as they could be because of the care of the nurses, staff, etc...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
I loved Dr. Chavkin. She is nurturing and attentive. She truly cares about her patients. It was amazing seeing her every appointment (as opposed to a nurse or tech). It took us 3 retrievals and Dr. Chavkin was honest while keeping us motivated every step of the way. Dr. Chavkin is brilliant and took time to answer all questions. Initially I was using a practice in Florida. The doctors were very hard to get in touch with. I never had this issue with Dr. Chavkin.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
If you are above 40 (I am pregnant at 42), the process may be longer then you think. Dr. Chavkin shares all of the facts and it is easy to white out what you don’t want to hear about age; but going in knowing that it may take more then one egg retrieval to create chromosomally normal embryos will help with all of the psychological stuff that comes with fertility issues.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was compassionate and also realistic. She herself has been through IVF; and perhaps because of her personal experience her empathy was felt every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Joanna)
I left a different fertility practice due to the nurses being poor communicators and the office staff being extremely unorganized. The nurse(s) at HRC were amazing. I saw the same one each visit and she managed my case in terms of communicating medication changes, etc. The office staff were organized.
West Los Angeles

I trust him [Dr. Tourgeman] to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favo
Our two rounds of IVF [at HRC Fertility] lead to two strong embryos and three okay embryos. He [Dr. Tourgeman] suggested we start with implanting just one of the strong embryos and I agreed. We are now 8 weeks pregnant...The office runs on time! This was important to me as I was keeping everything under the radar from work. I was able to make early morning appointments around 7:45/8:00am and count on being in and out under 25 minutes. Everything is clean and the latest technology is used. I even brought my mom in to scope it out with me.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman is the best doctor I have had the pleasure to know - and I am happy to report that I am pregnant after two rounds of IVF and our first embryo implant. Dr. Tourgeman has the best bedside manner - the absolute best. I trust him to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favorite patient, even though I am sure that many of us share this feeling given his exceptional care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
To those of you considering fertility treatment, or maybe thinking about it for the future - DON'T WAIT. I walked into Dr. T's office at 27, without ever having tried to become pregnant naturally, but with a gut feeling that something was off for my body. After a few tests, Dr. T confirmed that my fertility didn't match my age and IVF was a wise course of action. Now, we are expecting our first child and feel much more in control of our family planning and path forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman has the best bedside manner - the absolute best. I was very worried that he would turn me away when I walked into his office at the age of 27, without ever trying to become pregnant naturally, but with a hunch that something was off for my fertility. He expressed no judgement, only sincere interest, and immediately helped me to plan out next steps to learn more, which eventually lead us to IVF. I trust him to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favorite patient, even though I am sure that many of us share this feeling given his exceptional care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Wendy then Vivian)
The office runs on time! This was important to me as I was keeping everything under the radar from work. I was able to make early morning appointments around 7:45/8:00am and count on being in and out under 25 minutes. The entire office staff is knowledgeable and supportive. Like I said, I looked forward to my visits and will be sad to leave HRC after 6+ months of frequent visits. They were also incredibly diligent (and patient) dealing with my unbelievably difficult insurance. Maria, Vivian, Wendy, Jessica - everyone has made this experience a positive one. Our family will be eternally grateful to all of them.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Our two rounds of IVF lead to two strong embryos and three okay embryos. He suggested we start with implanting just one of the strong embryos and I agreed. We are now 8 weeks pregnant.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. March took the time to review my history thoroughly prior to our consultation session. He also directly calls me back if there I leave a question...I was nervous that going to the "best surgeon ever" would be cost prohibitive, but it came out to roughly the same amount as the other times I had this procedure done...I was referred to Dr. March by my fertility doctor as a specialist in scar tissue removal. I went to Dr. March for surgery only. Although I only saw him once in the last 2 months, I feel like he knows more about my situation than my fertility doctor
I visited HRC for a scar tissue removal surgery, and not your typical fertility procedures, so I can't comment on the clinic as a whole. Based on my experience, the staff is friendly and helpful but it was difficult to get financial information and estimated out-of-pocket expenses. They were not helpful in trying to get that coordinated or get me touch with the appropriate parties that could provide that information.
How was your experience with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
I was referred to Dr. March by my fertility doctor as a specialist in scar tissue removal. I went to Dr. March for surgery only. Although I only saw him once in the last 2 months, I feel like he knows more about my situation than my fertility doctor who I have been seeing for 2.5 years. Dr. March took the time to review my history thoroughly prior to our consultation session. He also directly calls me back if there I leave a question. My current fertility doctor would typically have an assistant call me back with an answer instead of speaking to me directly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles March at HRC Fertility?
He is supposed to be the best at scar tissue removal, which is why I went to him after 2 failed surgeries. It is too early to know if the surgery is successful, but he uses different techniques that other surgeons do not to improve the outcome. I was nervous that going to the "best surgeon ever" would be cost prohibitive, but it came out to roughly the same amount as the other times I had this procedure done.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
Emailed directly with the staff instead of through a general portal. Quick turnaround time compared to my other clinic. Dr. March clearly reviewed my medical history prior to my first consultation call with him and spoke in a natural, conversational manner.
Describe the protocols Charles March used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I did not do any IVF cycles with Dr. March but had surgery for removal of uterine scar tissue. My scar tissue is from fibroid removal surgery which apparently has the lowest chances of success. I have also had 2 scar tissue removal surgeries prior to the latest one with Dr. March, both of which were either unsuccessful or scar tissue grew back quickly. Dr. March used a Cook balloon to prevent scar tissue formation which is triangle shaped instead of a round balloon. This is supposed to fit better in the uterus to prevent scar tissue. The previous surgery I had 3 months earlier used a round balloon and was not successful. In that surgery they left the balloon in for 3 days only. Dr. March left the Cook balloon in for 3 weeks. They also gave me a PRP injection (platelet-rich plasma) to help with healing and prepare me for an upcoming transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
My interaction with staff prior to the surgery was primarily via email as I had to travel for the procedure. They were quick to reply and were organized about the information and documents I needed to provide, directions for the surgery center, etc. The only negative was the hand-off (or lack of hand-off) to a financial advisor. It was difficult for me to obtain estimates for the procedure. Nursing staff the day of the surgery were very friendly prior to the surgery. Post-surgery I felt rushed to leave the facility and free up a bed. My husband went to the pharmacy to get my prescriptions filled while I was in recovery. The post surgery nurse kept pushing me to get dressed and ready prior to him returning while I still felt groggy.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles March at HRC Fertility.
For my scar tissue removal surgery (hysteroscopic lysis of adhesions), my out of pocket costs were approximately: - $4,700 surgery facility fee - $1,200 anesthesia - I don't have the doctor bill yet but I am guessing this is 3K
Charles March
West Los Angeles

At the initial consultation, he was friendly and seemed like he would work with the recommendations provided by our previous provider...he never adjusted them throughout the cycle and each time I was seen for ultrasound, I felt more and more like I was just being herded through the process. I’d ask questions that he wouldn’t answer and was dismissive of my concerns... I was very concerned that he didn’t seem to have any interest in refining his approach for future cycles.
From our one experience with the one doctor, it felt like he might be ok for someone with a simple fertility issue that responds to basic protocols for treatment....On the upside, they [HRC West LA] take insurance and are adept at working with insurance companies’ protocols....Because they work with insurance, I believe we paid a little over $2000 for the entire process....Our primary nurse was very nice and helpful.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
At the initial consultation, he was friendly and seemed like he would work with the recommendations provided by our previous provider (Dr. Baek). While he did use her initial recommended protocols (which were admittedly different from his), he never adjusted them throughout the cycle and each time I was seen for ultrasound, I felt more and more like I was just being herded through the process. I’d ask questions that he wouldn’t answer and was dismissive of my concerns that he was overcooking (i.e. too much meds and too long) the eggs and felt more condescending at each visit, dismissing my concerns with “I’m not going to overcook the eggs” (despite doing exactly that). At the end of the cycle, when none of the eggs were good (all overcooked due to too much medication and for too long a time), he told us it was just chance as to whether we’d get a good cycle if we tried again. There was no attention to fine-tuning the process or individualizing it. We were very disappointed. The only reason we tried him instead of going back to Dr. Baek (who was successful in helping us get pregnant years earlier) is because our insurance covered the majority of the treatment at HRC and money was tight.
if you want someone who is going to fine-tune your medication regimen to your individual needs, go elsewhere.
At the initial consultation, he was friendly and seemed like he would work with the recommendations provided by our previous provider (Dr. Baek). While he did use her initial recommended protocols (which were admittedly different from his), he never adjusted them throughout the cycle and each time I was seen for ultrasound, I felt more and more like I was just being herded through the process. I’d ask questions that he wouldn’t answer and was dismissive of my concerns that he was overcooking (i.e. too much meds and too long) the eggs. At the end of the cycle, when none of the eggs were good (all overcooked), he told us it was just chance as to whether we’d get a good cycle if we tried again. There was no attention to fine-tuning the process or individualizing it. We were very disappointed. The only reason we tried him instead of going back to Dr. Baek (who was successful in helping us get pregnant years earlier) is because our insurance covered the majority of the treatment at HRC and money was tight. We were very disappointed.
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
While he was willing to use the initial treatment protocol we’d received in our consultation with Dr. Baek (which was admittedly different from what he would have done), he never adjusted it throughout the cycle and triggered much too late. The eggs were all overcooked (which he attributed to age and chance) and took no responsibility for his part in the ineffectiveness of the cycle. I was very concerned that he didn’t seem to have any interest in refining his approach for future cycles. We would have gone through the exact same regimen again with similar failed results. It did not appear he was up-to-speed on current approaches for refining IVF treatments to the individual needs of the patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes (but I don’t recall her name... maybe Wendy?))
Our primary nurse was very nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
From our one experience with the one doctor, it felt like he might be ok for someone with a simple fertility issue that responds to basic protocols for treatment. Anything other than that and he’s not refining the treatment to the specific needs of the patient nor was he knowledgeable of current information in fertility (such as triggering earlier for AMA because the eggs mature more quickly). On the upside, they take insurance and are adept at working with insurance companies’ protocols.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
(Described thoroughly in earlier sections)
West Los Angeles

He [Dr. Tourgeman] is very compassionate and nice. I can't complain about him or his care. I am a very analytical person, so would have liked to understand more of the "why"s around my course of treatment -- why one protocol vs. another, and whether or not that is due to his professional philosophies for treatment or due to my specific case.... [Protocols] were never explained to me. At least, the rationale behind why. I don't know what my protocol was called, but i was on: Gonal-F 350/day Menopur - 1-2 vials, depending Added something else toward the end of sims Not sure what i triggered with First round,
Everyone [HRC] is very nice. Appointments are a breeze - they either get you in early, or right on time. Surgical facilities are beautiful and the staff there is great. Just ask a lot of questions. Sometimes i felt rushed or unable to ask, or even felt like i was supposed to know things, when in reality i didn't know what was happening and why at certain times.... My care coordinator was a little robotic. Nice, but not super compassionate. Not a very good communicator - i had to chase via email for answers to a lot of things that were unclear.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He is very compassionate and nice. I can't complain about him or his care. I am a very analytical person, so would have liked to understand more of the "why"s around my course of treatment -- why one protocol vs. another, and whether or not that is due to his professional philosophies for treatment or due to my specific case.
Ask questions. If you feel rushed, slow it down.
I definitely felt like a human - the Dr. and staff were very caring. I would have liked more explanation and details around my care.
They were never explained to me. At least, the rationale behind why. I don't know what my protocol was called, but i was on: Gonal-F 350/day Menopur - 1-2 vials, depending Added something else toward the end of sims Not sure what i triggered with First round, retrieved 5 eggs. 3 fertilized. All tested abnormal. No transfer 2nd round, retrieved 3 eggs. 1 fertilized. Never grew. No transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Decline to answer)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Everyone is very nice. Appointments are a breeze - they either get you in early, or right on time. Surgical facilities are beautiful and the staff there is great. Just ask a lot of questions. Sometimes i felt rushed or unable to ask, or even felt like i was supposed to know things, when in reality i didn't know what was happening and why at certain times.
First round with meds (and some insurance coverage) was roughly $15k.
We never got to transfer, so we hadn't discussed it.

2013 - 2018, Successful
I think the biggest weakness is the number of patients Dr. Neslon treats now. When we first started seeing him it seemed it was easier to make appointments and their was more flexibility and availability...That being said, he will go out of his way to book Saturday appointments...We had male infertility. We used ICSI with IVF...He always makes me feel like a person with valid feelings and concerns. I like his personality. He always seems to remember details about our everyday life
A few years ago when we first started treatment they had a strict policy about not allowing children especially babies to the clinic. That was great while I was childless at the time and going through so many different feelings related to infertility...All of the cycle treatment appointments were under the IVF or embryo transfer bills. There was no seperate bills if needing extra appointment....The lobby room is huge
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
I think the biggest weakness is the number of patients Dr. Neslon treats now. When we first started seeing him it seemed it was easier to make appointments and their was more flexibility and availability. 2 years ago it seemed as if it was harder to book an appointment. That being said, he will go out of his way to book Saturday appointments if needed for the best treatment plan for your body.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
He his knowledgable about infertility and comes with years of experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
He always makes me feel like a person with valid feelings and concerns. I like his personality. He always seems to remember details about our everyday life not related to infertility. He connects with his patients and spouses.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Nelson used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We had male infertility. We used ICSI with IVF with a fresh transfer the first time. With the second transfer we did a frozen transfer. We used typical IVF treatment and adjusted medicines based upon my levels since infertility was not female related. We have used 2 eggs every time because of my age and the high number of embryos created.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
A few years ago when we first started treatment they had a strict policy about not allowing children especially babies to the clinic. That was great while I was childless at the time and going through so many different feelings related to infertility. I was disheartened to see that this changed during my last cycle. The lobby room is huge and has space for all of their patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
Describe Jeffrey Nelson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Yes, we were educated about the number used and the reasoning. We also, were informed that if something happened to one of the 2 embryos during unfreezing they would unfreeze another 2 and transfer 3 in that case or however many survived. That they would rather transfer 2 then just one. Again, BC i have a high number of embryos.
Jeffrey Nelson

2013, Successful
Although my very first IVF was unsuccessful, he made the proper adjustments to my protocol for my second IVF and was very detailed about the changes. ... The Dr. [Tourgeman] and his staff [HRC] always greeted me and were very personable. They were just really nice, welcoming and made me feel comfortable at all times. ... he was always very thorough at every appointment. ...
I love HRC. My friend recommended the facility to after I was struggling to conceive and I am so happy she did. The facilities I've been to are always very clean and organized and the staff is super nice. ... My nurse and care coordinator were awesome. The best part is they always called with results/next steps at the same time of the day so I knew when to expect their calls. As a working professional, this helped with scheduling my work meetings and making sure I was available during the time of the day I was expecting a call.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman was simply an amazing doctor. Going through infertility is touch and he was always very thorough at every appointment. Although my very first IVF was unsuccessful, he made the proper adjustments to my protocol for my second IVF and was very detailed about the changes. We totally trusted him and knew we were in great hands. When I became pregnant, he always was concerned about how I was feeling so he can provide the proper care during the first few very sensitive months. I was expecting twins and there were a couple of appointments where baby B's heart rate could not be found immediately. Dr. Tourgeman decided refer to a perinatologist sooner than usual so we can be sure baby B was in fact growing and healthy. I could not be more grateful for his decision to do this, baby B was in fact very healthy and my mind and heart were finally at ease. All in all, Dr. T is amazing.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, Dr. T always answers your questions honestly and can totally be trusted.
The Dr. and his staff always greeted me and were very personable. They were just really nice, welcoming and made me feel comfortable at all times.
I can't remember too much, but my first cycle seemed like a normal protocol. I was given the hormone injections and trigger shot needed to create the surplus of eggs, went through the egg retrieval, then placed on another medication to prepare my uterus for the embryo transfer. Once the transfer was done, I believe I was placed on another medication, but the first IVF did not work. For my second cycle, we kept everything the same with the exception of a couple of items. 1, An Endometrial Biopsy was done to get a closer look at my uterine lining and 2, i did acupuncture to increase blood flow to my uterus. Not sure if any of these slight adjustments are what helped, but my second IVF was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Since it was about 5 years ago, I can't really remember specific costs. I do know my insurance at the time covered 1 IVF so I believe we paid a total of $12,000 for 2 fresh IVF cycles

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Rishona [a nurse at HRC-West LA} was fine. She's smart. I found nurses at other places to be much more sweet & compassionate...but Rishona did her job fine.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He is a kind & compassionate man. But that's all the positives i have to share. He fumbled my case entirely. I only wish i had realized it while it was happening. On my first IVF, we were transferring 3 embryos. I was 39. He never: 1) told me about PGS or PGD testing. I wouldve done this in a heartbeat. He almost acted "against it". He was not aggressive at all. On my 2nd IVF w/him, it was ME who insisted on PGD testing - lo & behold, all my embs came back complex abnormal. He absolutely shouldve suggested this for my 1st IVF considering my age. He wouldve saved me crucial time (and money). Everything for me is out-of-pocket expense :( 2) i have thyroid disease. Before we transferred that 1st batch of 3 embryos, i asked him to re-check my thyroid. Both he & the nurse said it wasn't necessary as they had checked it 1.5 months earlier. I INSISTED & explained that my thyroid could go erratic at any moment. So they did a blood test & a week before my embryo transfer he called me and said "wow - you were right. Your thyroid is off. I'm calling in a new prescription for you right away! Start taking it today!" I did so & all 3 of those embs failed. Since then, two other doctors have read my chart. They both said, "he should've never transferred those embryos. Thyroid meds take a couple of months to have effect. He should've held off on transferring those embryos to make sure your thyroid levels were healthy first." Both doctors also said "and those were healthy looking embryos too." It makes me SO mad i could cry. 3) he never did genetic testing on me or my husband. I have since learned that this is the FIRST thing competent fertility doctors do. He never even mentioned it to me. 4) he never talked about supplements or vitamins either (Coq10 or DHEA). When i went to my 2nd doctor, she put me right on these vitamins. And guess what? Within 1.5 months, I was NATURALLY pregnant for the 1st time in my life. I miscarried (the baby had downs syndrome :(...but bottom line, that baby was still chromosomally healthier than anything Tourgemann was able to get me with his "high dosage recipe". I almost want to cry re-hashing all of this!!! He was incompetent & a colossal waste of key years for me in regards to my fertility.
Don't go. Much better doctors out there. Find one who customizes your medicine protocol to YOU specifically. Also, when my first transfer of 3 embs failed, he didn't even change my meds to try something new. He went back to his lazy, usual "recipe". Disaster. The two other doctors pointed this out to me.
He was the 1st fertility doctor i went to; this was all new to me. All my friends were referred to him too so i felt like i was in the right place. All of my embryos w/him came back complex abnormal. He told me i should use donor eggs or adopt. Then i went to a new doctor. She looked at my chart and was surprised at the high dosage of meds he gave me. She said "i'm gonna give you much less meds. And while i can't guarantee you a perfect embryo, i CAN guarantee you the embryos i get for you will look much better than these do." On my 1st round w/her, she got us a chromosomally normal embryo! And to think Tourgemann told me to adopt...i then canvassed my friends who had also gone to him & they all were given high dosages. He has success at times for patients, but in my opinion he just plugs women with similar high dosages & hopes for the best. He doesnt thoroughly look at your chart & customize things for YOU. Its as if he has 1 "recipe". & if his recipe doesn't work for you, then he'll tell you to adopt. I wish i hadn't wasted 1.5 years on him. I was 39/40 back then...i would do anything to get those years back :(
See previous responses. Too angry to discuss any further...
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rishona)
Rishona was fine. She's smart. I found nurses at other places to be much more sweet & compassionate...but Rishona did her job fine.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Already explained earlier. Lots of weaknesses!
I probably spent about 12k on two ivfs (24k) & maybe 5k on each IUI ( hard to remember). I spent about 30-35k cash on this wasted cause.
Explained earlier...

2012 - 2013, Successful
Everything was great [at HRC] except the billing! Really wish I could remember the specific woman in billing who was HORRIBLE: confused and confusing, defensive when she made mistakes (which she did). I feel we were not given a clear picture of the TOTAL cost at the beginning (I have heard this of most clinics-no matter how much you ask for total, ball-park, most money you'll have to spend, it's always more than they told you). It was the only thing that soured our experience at HRC. I think she may not be there anymore, so hopefully that's better...
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
So glad we went with dr kolb. We feel he is the number one reason we have our beautiful daughter! There was a minor setback w/the donor-dr kolb felt the first round of eggs weren't quite up to his standards, so even though we all felt impatient and eager to move forward, he made the donor start over. It set us all back a month or two, but it made the eggs the best quality, and we genuinely believe this is why our treatment was successful and we have our now 3 year-old perfect daughter! I am not convinced another fertility center would have been as discriminating or patient as dr kolb was.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Listen to him! He knows what he's doing. I did not have great experiences with other clinics that I consulted with before settling on dr kolb at hrc. I'm SO thankful that I trusted myself and kept looking until I felt truly comfortable with the clinic and doctor. This process was stressful and emotional enough; I needed something to feel right.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr kolb explained things very clearly, patiently, and kindly. Consulted with another dr at CARE before going to HRC, and they were kind but not as clear/I felt confused. Not w/dr kolb.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Everything was great except the billing! Really wish I could remember the specific woman in billing who was HORRIBLE: confused and confusing, defensive when she made mistakes (which she did). I feel we were not given a clear picture of the TOTAL cost at the beginning (I have heard this of most clinics-no matter how much you ask for total, ball-park, most money you'll have to spend, it's always more than they told you). It was the only thing that soured our experience at HRC. I think she may not be there anymore, so hopefully that's better...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
Probably ended up around $40-$50,000 when all was said and done (I'm including all Meds, the egg donor, etc, which may not all be directly related to the clinic; I'm not sure of specifics w/only the clinic
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Just billing stuff. Also, to be clear, we were at HRC Pasadena, which I didn't find on this list...
Bradford Kolb

2010 - 2012, Successful
Vera [a nurse at HRC- West Los Angeles] became like a sister to me, I could always call her, when happy or sad, during my pregnancy I could call her and vent to her. I still love her after 7 years Dr Tourgeman has a pic nic every year with his patients, seeing Vera and Rashona, ( another of dr Tourgeman staff) is one of the best part. Showing them my kids who I wanted so bad and now they are reality is really special. I will always be grateful to dr Tourgeman and his staff When I was pregnant with my daughter Vera called me to tell me that my hcg was positive, then she sent me a email in pink, that how thoughtful she has been with me, I will always love her for all these small details
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He is the most genuine person ever, explains you what he is doing, and really cares for you, he wants your best and knows a lot about different protocols. I used to be on lovenox, and instead of having me continue he stopped it, he knew that I did not need it, even if the previous dr told me I did. I went to see him desperate at 42 with a history of 4 previous miscarriages, in oct 2010, by august 2011 I became a mom of twins, and by june 2013 my daughter was born. ( she was conceived with the twins but after the first pgd pre genetic diagnosis she did not look good, so dr Tourgeman transferred only the 3 that were good 100%) then he told me if you want, I can sent the embryos left to do pgd again, and after few days he called me, “ you have a good embryo left, she is a girl, she is in the freezer” I have 3 kids thanks to dr Tourgeman and his great laboratory.
Trust him and his judgment , he knows what he is doing and his lab its the best in the country. Trust this review because its the truth, stop shopping around go straight to dr Tourgeman.
I went to dr Tourgeman at 42, with 4 previous miscarriages, he was so nice, understanding and really genuine. He did not promise me anything, just his best. I went to see dr Tourgeman after 4 failed pregnancy with a different dr who put me on Lovenox to help my pregnancies. Tourgeman told me I did not need it, and never did it again. I had a total of 3 fresh Ivf in my life ( only the last with Tourgeman) I had a total of 66 eggs retrieved and only the 3 fresh embryos that Tourgeman transferred became 3 healthy fetuses . And eventually my twin boys, born at 38.5 weeks and days, weighting 7.12 and 6.6 pounds and oz ( i got pregnant with triplets, but it was my choice to reduce to two after I got high blood pressure at 11 weeks. After losing 4 previous pregnancies I was not ready to lose anymore, and a triplet pregnancy at 42 with high blood pressure is not exactly an easy one). I did 3 frozen transfer ( only the last with Tourgeman) transferred 2 embryos both times before dr Tourgeman and got pregnant and lost the pregnancy, the only frozen embryo left that I transferred with dr Tourgeman, the ONLY left, is my 5 y old daughter. Out of 66 total eggs retrieved only the one transferred from dr Tourgeman became actual kids. His laboratory is the best in the country, I have no doubt about it. I am member of my local club of twins, out of all the members, at least 15 people are dr Tourgeman patients and are parents thanks to him. Nobody else has such a high success rate. His bed manners are fabulous, the nurses that take care of you before the retrieval are always there to listen to you, they know the struggle we are going trough and they are always ready to be supportive. Its not an easy journey but HRC makes is more manageble.
I do not remember, was in 2010, but he adjusts the medicine at every blood work, and he knows what he is doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vera)
Vera became like a sister to me, I could always call her, when happy or sad, during my pregnancy I could call her and vent to her. I still love her after 7 years Dr Tourgeman has a pic nic every year with his patients, seeing Vera and Rashona, ( another of dr Tourgeman staff) is one of the best part. Showing them my kids who I wanted so bad and now they are reality is really special. I will always be grateful to dr Tourgeman and his staff When I was pregnant with my daughter Vera called me to tell me that my hcg was positive, then she sent me a email in pink, that how thoughtful she has been with me, I will always love her for all these small details
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They have a office in west la which is very convenient if you live in the area, the appointment are scheduled in a way that you never wait for more than 5 min. They have a parking structure or street parking. Retrieval and transfer is in Encino, close to the 405 exit
20.000
West Los Angeles

Dr. Chavkin took her time to explain things thoroughly,Shared her own experience with infertility, and even offered what she would do in my circumstances when I asked...I saw her at every appointment, she performed every ultrasound, and I felt confident that she knew what was going on with me and my treatment..
[our HRC Fertility nurse] was always patient, and compassionate. Always reassured me that it was OK to ask questions...Monitoring appointments were extremely convenient, the clinic worked to accommodate my schedule, and I was always able to be seen promptly...For a retrieval cash pay, $15,000 covered the retrieval and genetic testing...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was always conservative, thorough, and honest. I saw her at every appointment, she performed every ultrasound, and I felt confident that she knew what was going on with me and my treatment
That it can take a day or two to get a response from the nurses, so if you have any questions ask them at your appointment
Describe the protocols Diana Chavkin used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I was on a similar agonist protocol for both retrievals, and on Follistim and Menopur leading up to trigger. Follistim was always around 350, menopur around 150, with slight adjustments throughout the week it’s needed
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Stephanie was always patient, and compassionate. Always reassured me that it was OK to ask questions
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Clinic was great. I never had to wait more than five or 10 minutes to be seen, and was often able to be seen early. This made care extremely convenient. All of the staff remembers you by name, and checked in to see how you were doing.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
Monitoring appointments were extremely convenient, the clinic worked to accommodate my schedule, and I was always able to be seen promptly. I never had to wait more than a few minutes and was generally in and out within a half hour or less
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility.
I had insurance coverage for one retrieval and transfer, so the only cost was the facility fee. This totaled around $3000. For a retrieval cash pay, $15,000 covered the retrieval and genetic testing
2011 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Tourgeman was a great communicator throughout our entire process. I always felt that he was proceeding with my best interests in mind. He always made sure my husband and I understood everything that was being planned and he was great with follow up.... Dr. Tourgeman recommended a multiple embryo transfer (after doing a 5 day blast). I wanted 2, he recommended 3 because of the statistics. Husband and I agreed with 3. Two ended up not taking but one did.
The West LA clinic [of HRC] was great. I can't recall anything that was a weakness. The front desk was nice, responsive and even keel, given the emotions that can run in the waiting rooms of fertility clinics... Vera [a nurse] was wonderful! She is a great communicator and very nice bedside manner. She held my hand so many times during the frustration of this. Truly a lovely person.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
To have your questions and concerns prepared to ask. Also if and when you do become pregnant through HRC, to ask about any follow up or whatnot that should go to your OB/GYN. That is the one thing I did not think to ask.
Dr. Tourgeman is a wonderful doctor who explained everything calmly, respectfully and his bedside manner is definitely treating each person like a human going through a very difficult journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vera Olaiz)
Vera was wonderful! She is a great communicator and very nice bedside manner. She held my hand so many times during the frustration of this. Truly a lovely person.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The West LA clinic was great. I can't recall anything that was a weakness. The front desk was nice, responsive and even keel, given the emotions that can run in the waiting rooms of fertility clinics.
West Los Angeles
Dr. Chavkin felt as one was a human and not a number as she always addressed me by my name always. She was the one that personally examined me every visit, and always was aware of the medication I was on...[she] was very forth coming about all procedures and expectations meanwhile communicating in a subtle and kind way. Always receives you with a smile..
I personally never had an issue. The entire [HRC Fertility] staff was nothing but kind to me. They always accommodate to my schedule. Always answered all my questions. They always received me with a smile. The office was always clean and organized...We purchased the 25k all inclusive package, though are cost totaled around 30K..
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was very forth coming about all procedures and expectations meanwhile communicating in a subtle and kind way. Always receives you with a smile. Dr. Chavkin made the process feel safe and comfortable. Dr. Chavkin could sometimes allow for the patient to enjoy the ultrasounds a bit longer and not feel so rushed all the time. Though other than her experience and knowledge makes for a very pleasant experience.
Ask as many questions as you need and she has the best answers and they will put you ease.
Being treated by Dr. Chavkin felt as one was a human and not a number as she always addressed me by my name always. She was the one that personally examined me every visit, and always was aware of the medication I was on.
Overall strategy was putting me on meds for egg retrieval and transfer when the time called for it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Garcia )
On top of everything, detailed, kind, attentive.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I personally never had an issue. The entire staff was nothing but kind to me. They always accommodate to my schedule. Always answered all my questions. They always received me with a smile. The office was always clean and organized.
We purchased the 25k all inclusive package, though are cost totaled around 30K.
Describe Diana Chavkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
West Los Angeles
Dr T [David Tourgeman] was very professional and intelligent, yet still able to maintain friendly bedside manner. I felt like he took the time to review my case and adjust each cycle as needed. He always kept me in the loop and warned me of possible side effects.... Saw Dr T at every appt, willing to sit down and answer any questions I had, empathetic and friendly.
[At HRC- West LA] Never had to wait long for appointments, easy scheduling, and on the ball insurance/billing staff. Loved chatting with the blood draw ladies! Saw Dr T at every appt and he was readily available for questions. I had to contact the on call MD on the weekend once, and was rapidly responded to in a friendly manner.... Advocate for yourself if you don't understand or need to clarify instructions. Dr T is amazing and I fully trust him, but always remember it's your body, trust your instincts.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr T was very professional and intelligent, yet still able to maintain friendly bedside manner. I felt like he took the time to review my case and adjust each cycle as needed. He always kept me in the loop and warned me of possible side effects.
Ask questions! Advocate for yourself if you don't understand or need to clarify instructions. Dr T is amazing and I fully trust him, but always remember it's your body, trust your instincts.
Unsuccessful clomid round with ObGyn. Moved on to IUI with stims with Dr T, but unfortunately had to cancel due to producing too many follicles. Currently finishing IVF with results tbd.
~15-20k
West Los Angeles

I did 3 IUIs, two with CLomid and one with injectables [with Dr. Tourgeman]. I feel like they always missed the timing of the trigger shot and the timing of the IUI. It was always so stressful...Dr. T was only available for some of my appointments. Generally I was seen by a nurse or his PA (who I didn't really like or trust). I had surgery with him and got really ill afterwards. He didn't seem concerned so I left his practice and went to another clinic.
$2000 IUI with Clomid and $3000-$3500 IUI with injectables [at HRC]...Receptionists were nice. Always long wait times, no one was every on time. Very stressful protocols and procedures. Dr. T wasn't available for important questions and they never seemed to get back to me in a timely manner...She [nurse] always seemed distracted and not paying attention...They were unorganized and not very helpful when you needed your test results or when you needed to speak with the doctor directly.
Go see someone else
I did 3 IUIs, two with CLomid and one with injectables. I feel like they always missed the timing of the trigger shot and the timing of the IUI. It was always so stressful.
She always seemed distracted and not paying attention. Also, I saw her give free medication to other patients, but when I asked for assistance of medication she said they don't give any away.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
$2000 IUI with Clomid and $3000-$3500 IUI with injectables.
West Los Angeles

Very kind and understanding -Dr Peck also provided the suggestion of acupuncture and supports working with TCM which I appreciate. I was really stressed during the cycle and she helped chill me out. The cycle failed but she was really sensitive and empathetic...
The entire [HRC - West LA] clinic has phenomenal bedside manner - everyone knows your name...The staff is great - very personable and knowledgeable - they also deferred to Dr Peck when appropriate. The clinic is available for questions and they get back to you quickly (same day usually). I never had trouble getting a convenient appointment. The help with the insurance is amazing...
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
The entire clinic has phenomenal bedside manner - everyone knows your name.
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
It was a very aggressive hormone therapy (low reserve). It seemed like the best option but the hormones were overwhelming. Next round is lower dose of hormones. It's unclear yet if the dosing was too aggressive for my body or not. I had one egg that did not survive retrieval.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strengths: very personable, great with insurance Weaknesses: parking
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.
Insurance covered most of the retrieval. Approximately $5,000 out of pocket.
Alison Peck

2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
This was my first egg freezing cycle and I was treated with warmth and respect every step of the way...Working with Dr. Chavkin was a pleasure and I definitely recommend her. She was warm and took the time to answer all of my questions. I saw her a few times during my treatment and then she performed my retrieval...My insurance covered 80%, and my out of pocket costs were ~$6,000...
Working with HRC Fertility was a great experience...This was my first egg freezing cycle and I was treated with warmth and respect every step of the way...[nurse] was available to answer every question I had along every step of the process. She even offered to drive to my house to drop off medication on the night before my treatment started because the delivery was going to be delayed...My doctor was located in the West Los Angeles location, but the clinic allowed me to do my weekly monitoring at the Pasadena location since it is closer to my home. I had good experiences as both locations...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Joanna Truong)
Joanna was available to answer every question I had along every step of the process. She even offered to drive to my house to drop off medication on the night before my treatment started because the delivery was going to be delayed. She was great to work with.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Working with HRC Fertility was a great experience. My doctor was located in the West Los Angeles location, but the clinic allowed me to do my weekly monitoring at the Pasadena location since it is closer to my home. I had good experiences as both locations.
My insurance covered 80%, and my out of pocket costs were ~$6,000

2021, Unknown Success
Dr . Chavkin was pleasant to work with but left too much work to the coordinator and other staff, who seemed overwhelmed and didn’t take the time to answer questions accurately. I also found Dr Chavkin too brief in her explanations and answers to my questions...I felt like just another number on their list. So many mistakes were made by staff...The nurse/care coordinator seemed rushed during every visit, most emails had mistakes or were missing key information, crucial information about a procedure was omitted, medication was ordered in error, and logistical information was frequently left out of communications.
The nurse/care coordinator [at HRC Fertility] seemed rushed during every visit, most emails had mistakes or were missing key information, crucial information about a procedure was omitted, medication was ordered in error, and logistical information was frequently left out of communications...Strengths: short wait times. Weaknesses: billing mistakes galore, failure to return emails and phone calls, mistakes in surgery and procedure instructions, charging for multiple additional things without disclosure, extremely rude and incompetent front desk staff and financial counselor.
Find another clinic.

2012 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Tourgeman is a great doctor - he is positive and upbeat and seems to really care for his patients. He never rushed me out of appointments and seemed knowledgeable and mostly up to date. When he didn't have an answer, he gave referrals to top LA doctors. ... He’s very personable and cares about his patients. ... Like any RE, he can be busy. Be organized with your questions of tou want to get the most out of your appointments.
Doesnt feel as much like a revolving door as other places i have been treated. Office staff [HRC] wasnt always quick at responding but it was fairly easy to actually speak to someone instead of leaving endless voicemails, like l have expected at other clinics. ... Had a lot of difficulty getting trst results transferred to specialists. ... It often took multiple phone calls to get office staff to transfer records, but in person they were lovely.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He’s very personable and cares about his patients.
I don’t really recall specifics.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Doesnt feel as much like a revolving door as other places i have been treated. Office staff wasnt always quick at responding but it was fairly easy to actually speak to someone instead of leaving endless voicemails, like l have expected at other clinics.
I don’t recall costs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Had a lot of difficulty getting trst results transferred to specialists.
West Los Angeles
He [Dr. Tourgeman] was very attentive and spent time explaining everything we were going through...He had great bed side manner. He answered all questions and took his time to listen to any concerns we had...We first had to remove some tissue from my uterus to ensure the embryo could attach. We then tried IUI a get time. To be more aggressive we moved to IVF and did the genetic testing..
Great clinic [HRC] with great staff...[Re: Nurse] She communicated very well and I always understood the plan. She took time to show me how to administer all the medication and called me frequently with updates...My insurance paid most of it. I had to pay 5000 for IVF and had several other bills as well...He [Dr. Tourgeman] was very attentive and spent time explaining everything we were going through.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He had great bed side manner. He answered all questions and took his time to listen to any concerns we had. He took charge and told us what we needed to do next where my previous doctor did not and left us unsure if next steps. When issues came up he knew how to handle them.
To trust his advise
He was very attentive and spent time explaining everything we were going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vera )
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Great clinic with great staff
I wanted to try one first since we did th genetic testing. If that didn't work we were doing to put two in the next time
2014 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. David Tourgeman] was very compassionate and never made me feel rushed. Cautious about promising results but optimistic about outcomes. It helped to have his opinion and I trust him and his medical judgement...Ask questions but don't let the Internet stats get you down. Set realistic expectations for potential risks
Parking [at HRC in West Los Angeles] is a major let down for west LA- for the price of treatment parking should be covered. Strength is getting appointments and time with staff for questions is not a problem as an active patient. Inactive patient, found that I should have been able to connect with the Doctor prior to setting up an apt or be able to email him before an appt
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
He was very compassionate and never made me feel rushed. Cautious about promising results but optimistic about outcomes. It helped to have his opinion and I trust him and his medical judgement
Dr.T took the time
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Parking is a major let down for west LA- for the price of treatment parking should be covered. Strength is getting appointments and time with staff for questions is not a problem as an active patient. Inactive patient, found that I should have been able to connect with the Doctor prior to setting up an apt or be able to email him before an appt
2013 - 2016, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing
Dr [Tourgeman] seems knowledgeable but doesn't really personalize solutions. He also isn't involved in the process much. I often see nurses....I am horrified at the lack of attention to detail and the lack of follow through. If I didn't manage my care, nothing would have been on track. Had to remind nurse to order meds for ivf 3 times. Also never received call backs when I had a medical concern. Sometimes when I had questions I was told to refer to paperwork I had signed.
I am horrified at the lack of attention to detail and the lack of follow through [at HRC] . If I didn't manage my care, nothing would have been on track. Had to remind nurse to order meds for ivf 3 times. Also never received call backs when I had a medical concern. Sometimes when I had questions I was told to refer to paperwork I had signed.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr seems knowledgeable but doesn't really personalize solutions. He also isn't involved in the process much. I often see nurses.
You need to know what you want and stay on top of things with the office otherwise details will slip through the cracks
Careless errors and decisions made felt formulaic not personalized
I am partially insured for fertility but have heard his fees are cheap.