6.8

Westlake Village, CA 91361
West Los Angeles
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

Dr. Boostanfar is extremely busy and rushes through his appointments. His bedside manner is gruff and curt. ... He was also brusque and did not make me feel comfortable. He was not particularly interested in having me as a patient. I believe it was because I am not a cookie cutter case and he did not want to take me on because I was too challenging. .. I was warned that he did not have a compassionate bedside manner but I did not expect it to be as direct and harsh as it was.
The office itself is quite attractive and modern. It is a large office and very clean. Upon making my appointment, the staff was very efficient, and my questions were answered quickly by the staff. However, I did not feel like the staff was warm and caring. ... the staff was efficient, not particularly kind or compassionate, But very businesslike. They did however respond to my phone calls quickly.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar has had excellent statistics and other people I know have had successful IVF with him. I was warned that he did not have a compassionate bedside manner but I did not expect it to be as direct and harsh as it was.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
If you decide to see Dr. Boostenfar be prepared to be rushed, do not expect answers to questions, and do not expect a gentle demeanor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I saw Dr. Boostanfar twice for consultations. He was very negative both times. He was also brusque and did not make me feel comfortable. He was not particularly interested in having me as a patient. I believe it was because I am not a cookie cutter case and he did not want to take me on because I was too challenging.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
The staff was efficient, not particularly kind or compassionate, But very businesslike. They did however respond to my phone calls quickly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
Since I did not proceed with my IVF using Dr. Boostanfar I only paid for initial genetics counseling which was quite expensive, and for office visits and ultrasounds. His costs seem to be on par with other in fertility doctors in the area.
Encino

Dr. B [Robert Boostanfar] has the BEST bedside manner. He is friendly and kind, but also to the point. He will explain the risks in a calm and gentle way. He knows this is YOUR life and he wants to do the best for you in a way that works for you.... I was put on a short injectable IVF cycle: 8 days of Follistim, 7 days of Menopur, 3 days of Ganirelix, and an HCG trigger shot (Pregnyl). Even with my low AMH, 18 eggs were retrieved at Egg Retrieval. Unfortunately, only 4 embryos made it to day 5 blastocysts.
HRC is in a great location in Encino. It's easy to find parking across the street on Firmament. It's also great because the surgery center is attached! The waiting room is clean and comfortable. It always feels very peaceful. Things usually run on time too!... Tarika [the nurse] was great. She was available via the phone or email and always got back to me promptly. She knew how anxious I was (am) about the process and she always tried to set my mind at ease.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. B has the BEST bedside manner. He is friendly and kind, but also to the point. He will explain the risks in a calm and gentle way. He knows this is YOUR life and he wants to do the best for you in a way that works for you.
Trust him.
I was able to contact my nurse anytime, Dr. B always knew about our case and was friendly and encouraging. I felt confident the minute we met him.
I was put on a short injectable IVF cycle: 8 days of Follistim, 7 days of Menopur, 3 days of Ganirelix, and an HCG trigger shot (Pregnyl). Even with my low AMH, 18 eggs were retrieved at Egg Retrieval. Unfortunately, only 4 embryos made it to day 5 blastocysts. We transferred two and froze two and I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with a singleton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tarika)
Tarika was great. She was available via the phone or email and always got back to me promptly. She knew how anxious I was (am) about the process and she always tried to set my mind at ease.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
At this point, all in, with medication (injectables and other), we have just crossed the 20K mark. It's definitely an expensive process but it WORKS!
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. B recommends single transfers for people my age (26), but was totally fine with us asking for two.

2016, Unknown Success
He [Dr Boostanfar] also took the time to get to know my husband and ask what he did for work as my husband was on a very tight schedule. He moved the appt along to accommodate the fact that I wanted my husband in the room for the US....Be on top of your own care and do your research. Do not expect the nurses to lead you through details. Get on forums with other women doing IVF so you can ask them questions and figure out how best to work with your nurse. For me, it means sending multiple emails and being annoying. But whatever gets the job done right? This is my body and my life and I need to know what to expect.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Natalie has not done a good job staying ahead of my plan for treatment. I have had to pull teeth to get any information from her, deadlines may have been missed if I had not taken the lead on many things such as calling in prescriptions and getting authorization from my insurance. When the schedule changed due to the doctor being out of the country, I was not informed until I sent multiple emails demanding to know what the plan was.
The consultation was very informative. He also took the time to get to know my husband and ask what he did for work as my husband was on a very tight schedule. He moved the appt along to accommodate the fact that I wanted my husband in the room for the US.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It's a gorgeous facility! I guess if you're spending that kind of money, it's nice to feel like you're at a fancy hotel, not a cold hospital
I have good insurance, so this was not a problem
Encino
Organization of the office and patients is amazing, never waited more than 5 minutes for my appointment. All nurses & staff are extremely friendly and don't make you feel like a stranger...Both my Husband & I are so thankful we found Dr. Boostanfar. His approach of our fertility process and what he thinks will work and reasons why certain procedures haven't worked we greatly trust. He is compassionate and gives up hope for procedures in the future.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Understand you are not alone and that Dr. Boostanfar will do everything in his power to help you conceive, you just need to be patient and trusting.
The office in the staff was always very friendly, greeting me and my husband by name. Dr. Boostanfar was friendly and sweet in his meetings and discussions with us.
IUI#1= 50mg follistism CD5-12, trigger shot CD 13 + IUI CD14+Cd15 resulted in 3 follicles 17mm & (2)15mm resulted in negative pregnancy test. IUI#2 = 50mg follisitm CD 5-10, menopur but I don't remember the dosage. Trigger was much later this cycle, only produced one large folic @ 22mm, trigger shot CD18, IUI Cd19+Cd20. Resulted in negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Barajas)
Very sweet and always answered my questions. We didn't always schedule our appointments with her but she is our main nurse.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Each IUI we had, with insurance, cost around $1500-2000.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Peck is very friendly, caring, and personable. She listens to your concerns and answers all questions. She uses her best judgement with regards to treatment and timing of transfers etc. She treats you like family!...a good listener and explains everything she is doing. She adjusts the schedule as necessary to guarantee the best outcome. She is very thorough with regards to medication and doesn't jump into any procedures without checking hormone levels or guarantees that machines are working properly.
They [nurses at HRC] were very friendly, kind, understanding and responded to my questions in a timely manner...For two procedures appx $65,000 which included two retrievals and two FET...The clinic is timely with your appointments, the staff is very friendly, clean, and respectful of your time. Parking isn't validated but there is street parking across the street, just pay attention to the days and times where parking is restricted
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Peck is kind, patient, a good listener and explains everything she is doing. She adjusts the schedule as necessary to guarantee the best outcome. She is very thorough with regards to medication and doesn't jump into any procedures without checking hormone levels or guarantees that machines are working properly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Levothyroxine: hormone level regulation. Estradiol: estrogen level maintenance. Progesterone Injections: progesterone level maintenance. Progesterone suppositories. Baby aspirin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: 2)
They were very friendly, kind, understanding and responded to my questions in a timely manner
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.
For two procedures appx $65,000 which included two retrievals and two FET.
Encino

Dr. B [Boostanfar] was by far the most compassionate RE that I have ever worked with. He called me on his Christmas vacation when he found out that I had miscarried. He wanted to be there for support and also let me know that he was so very sorry that our cycle did not turn out how we all had hoped...He was a dream to work with and shows that he truly has a passion for his career. You will be treated kindly and professionally every step of the way...
Everything was completed in house [at HRC - Encino] and when I did need to do monitoring close to my home it was easily taken care of at HRC Rancho Cucamonga. The clinic had speedy and accurate communication with one another...Maribel is very knowledgeable and just a kind hearted woman. She was always just a call or email away with questions or concerns that I had. She really made my experience with HRC top notch...
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
I literally have nothing negative to say about Dr. Boostanfar. He was a dream to work with and shows that he truly has a passion for his career. You will be treated kindly and professionally every step of the way.
Stop your search here, you will not find anyone more knowledgeable or compassionate in the industry.
Dr. B was by far the most compassionate RE that I have ever worked with. He called me on his Christmas vacation when he found out that I had miscarried. He wanted to be there for support and also let me know that he was so very sorry that our cycle did not turn out how we all had hoped.
My protocol was adjusted with each cycle (2 total) and I knew that he was in fact creating a plan that was designed for me. He is not a one size fits all RE.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Maribel Esparza)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Again I do not have anything negative to say. Everything was completed in house and when I did need to do monitoring close to my home it was easily taken care of at HRC Rancho Cucamonga. The clinic had speedy and accurate communication with one another.

2013 - 2015, Successful
Strengths: caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, personally relatable in the IVF process as his child was conceived through IVF. He's incredibly attentive, kind and humble. Weaknesses: he seems tired all the time but that's to be expected in his line of work!... Dr. Tourgeman has a special gift of making you feel golden and like you're his only patient. His kindness, care and bedside manner is extremely comforting during an incredibly delicate and difficult time
They [HRC] seemed disorganized at times but were prompt to try to resolve it... I had an appointment and was not on the books so they had me waiting for 2 hours once before I was seen. Dr Tourgeman was really upset and apologized profusely for the confusion... [The nurse's] Strengths: guidance not to panic regarding at home medication mis dosage etc Weakness: seemed distracted
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Eat lots of mono unsaturated fats! Like avocados and nuts
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vera )
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They seemed disorganized at times but were prompt to try to resolve it
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
He advised as he saw appropriate for our situation and diagnosis and we chose to trust him and follow his suggested protocol.

2014, Successful
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He is kind and passionate about egg freezing in young women. He is knowledgeable about all the updated information on egg freezing. His clinic's pricing is competitive and his nursing staff is patient and attentive.
Try to have enough $ saved up for a double procedure. I would have liked to have pre-paid for 2 rounds beforehand but didn't and couldn't afford a 2nd.
Dr. Boostanfar makes you feel like your procedure is the most important one he's doing. He takes his time both in the exam room and in his office. He has a wonderful sense of humor and kindness to him. He loves what he does and wants his patients to see success!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
They took the time to teach me all about giving myself the shots and even helped get me free samples to help with the cost.

2009 - 2011, Successful
He [Dr. Robert Boostanfar] was very talented, concerned, conservative but open to ideas and willing to try new approaches, charismatic and charming, warm, compassionate, knowledgeable and well-studied, sweet and passionate. He never spoke down to us and always had enough time to talk to us if we needed our questions answered.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He was very talented, concerned, conservative but open to ideas and willing to try new approaches, charismatic and charming, warm, compassionate, knowledgeable and well-studied, sweet and passionate. He never spoke down to us and always had enough time to talk to us if we needed our questions answered.
He can come off as arrogant but it's his confidence as a successful practitioner.
He was very approachable and when my cycles didn't succeed, he really felt disappointed with me. He was there every step of the way. He celebrated with successes and was sad when it did not work but was ready with an action plan to help me keep my head up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Leticia)
She was kind, a great teacher regarding injections, a great listener, approachable and sweet. I miss seeing her.
Encino

Dr. Tourgeman was always gentle with his manner, took his time to explain his theories and thoughts, as well as how the process of IVF works. This was never an issue with him...I have suffered from Hypothalamic Dysfunction for most of my life. I have only ever had one natural period (at age 16)...At that time (in 2016) my AMH levels were decent so that wasn’t an issue, but he did say some very alarming things; like I would need a surrogate because my Uterus was small. The fact that he was “seeing” things no one else could see was not only discouraging, but it left me with absolutely no faith in him
The Clinic was clean, sophisticate and modern -- enjoyable for what it was. Facilities were up to date and very current. Large waiting room. Some drinks available. Offices were new and nice. The whole Clinic was great. Weaknesses [of HRC Fertility] were some of its staff. And poor coordination between the operating section downstairs and the general clinic upstairs! No aftercare after Surgery!
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
I came to Dr. Tourgeman (at age 36) because a friend of mine with severely low AMH levels for her age (40), got pregnant the first time doing IVF with him. I also read amazing reports for HRC as one of the leading fertility clinics. Dr. Tourgeman was the first doctor to actually treat me for Infertility. I had previously had a consultation with another doctor (Dr. Payman Sadaat) but I just didn't feel completely comfortable with him. Dr. Tourgeman, on the other hand, seemed kind, knowledgable and had proved with my friend to be effective. Unfortunately for me, I am a complex case, because I have suffered from Hypothalamic Dysfunction for most of my life. I have only ever had one natural period (at age 16). All other Periods were assisted by the contraceptive pill or HRT from age 17 onwards. This did not seem to be a major issue for Dr. Tourgeman. He suggested I have multiple different tests to ensure there were no other underlying issues. He ordered a standard HSG (hysterosalpingogram) Test with Iodine Contrast which was clear, there were no obstructions in the Fallopian Tubes. After further testing and during my third consultation with Dr. Tourgeman, he concluded that I had a “Septum” in my uterus, that could present a problem when getting pregnant. I sent my test results to my OBGYN and she couldn’t see this “Septum” he was talking about. I should have asked for another opinion, but I trusted Dr. Tourgeman and proceeded to have surgery to remove such “Septum”. I was given some medication (I can’t remember the name) prior to the operation to assist with opening up the area, for easy access and was simply told I would have some cramping. I am no fuss-pot, the HSG was not at all painful to me, which it has been for others, I was ok with the cramping. But whatever medication he gave me, was giving me actual contractions and I found myself in agony the night prior to the surgery, on the floor, not knowing what was happening to me. Literally, my pelvic bones had moved. The following day I was put to sleep, under full anaesthesia, and he went in… when I woke up after the surgery he said there was “so much tissue” inside, he couldn’t find the septum and had to abort his mission. I was in a lot of pain after the procedure and had bleeding for 28 days straight. I had to see another doctor (Dr. Peck) at HRC because I was at this point I was very concerned and Dr. T was away. She said it wasn’t normal what I was experiencing, she helped stop the bleeding and gave me some proper pain meds (I had had to take the medicine I hadn’t needed for the HSG because they just kept telling me to take Tylenol, which wasn’t strong enough). I should have switched docs right then! Afterwards I was asked by Dr. T to do an MRI of my Pelvic area. Again, it all showed all was clear. He consulted with a few of his colleagues at HRC, none could see the “Septum” he was seeing. He even sent it to a specialist, which I had to pay $$ for him to review — he also said there was no sign of a Septum. So I underwent surgery for absolutely no reason. I also went through so much pain, stress, aggravation, expenses — all in vain. All he could tell me was, that he didn’t understand what was going on, because he really thought he could see something there and not only that, but during testing he had noticed that my Uterus was quite small and that I would likely need a surrogate. At that time (in 2016) my AMH levels were decent so that wasn’t an issue, but he did say some very alarming things; like I would need a surrogate because my Uterus was small. The fact that he was “seeing” things no one else could see was not only discouraging, but it left me with absolutely no faith in him. Needless to say, I moved on to another doctor!
Get a second opinion!
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennie Tran, LVN)
She was overall really mediocre. Terrible at getting back to me with questions -- Appalling communicator, I kept having to ask, and ask again to get anything explained to me. Didn't seem to be knowledgable or informed. Would give her opinion before knowing the facts or even asking the doctor. Was not helpful when I needed stronger pain meds, said to take Tylenol and Pepsid for bloating. Absolutely useless. I waited after my surgery for her to come and get me, and ended up walking out of there myself with my husband. No wheelchair, no aftercare.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The Clinic was clean, sophisticate and modern -- enjoyable for what it was. Facilities were up to date and very current. Large waiting room. Some drinks available. Offices were new and nice. The whole Clinic was great. Weaknesses were some of its staff. And poor coordination between the operating section downstairs and the general clinic upstairs! No aftercare after Surgery!
Encino

he [Dr. Robert Boostanfar] was very forthcoming with treatments and personable. However he yielded the worst results out of 3 doctors I've seen over 3 yrs with no explanation. I was hoping he would be willing to cycle again with a discount but refused...Birth control, micro Lupron, menopure and trigger...he strongly advised against double egg transfer...this was the most expensive RE that yielded the worst results for me. I wish the doctor continued with same protocol my former RE used since we retrieved normal embryos during previous RE- ER.
Strengths [at HRC] are explaining some of the procedures and plan of action. The unfortunate part this was the most expensive RE that yielded the worst results for me. I wish the doctor continued with same protocol my former RE used since we retrieved normal embryos during previous RE- ER...They [nurses] were very helpful but had a challenging time keeping pace with my treatment protocols. Financial department was on top of everything...was a total of 14k for egg retrieval, $400 for acupuncture, $4k for medications and $300 for vitamins
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
he was very forthcoming with treatments and personable. However he yielded the worst results out of 3 doctors I've seen over 3 yrs with no explanation. I was hoping he would be willing to cycle again with a discount but refused.
know all of the protocols, don't be afraid to ask questions, secure information on how what and why.
dr. Boostanfar was much better than PCFLA Dr. Sahakian by a landslide but yielded much worse results.
Birth control, micro Lupron, menopure and trigger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
They were very helpful but had a challenging time keeping pace with my treatment protocols. Financial department was on top of everything.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strengths are explaining some of the procedures and plan of action. The unfortunate part this was the most expensive RE that yielded the worst results for me. I wish the doctor continued with same protocol my former RE used since we retrieved normal embryos during previous RE- ER.
he strongly advised against double egg transfer

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. David Tourgeman] was very blunt about my age. He knew we were struggling financially so he kind of brushed us off...He didn’t tell us we could use frozen eggs. He only discussed live donor. At the time, We didn’t know there was a difference financially speaking. We were led to believe our only option was using a live donor which was upwards of $45k...Consultation only...We left feeling hopeless because we could not afford IVF with a live donor.
we were not told we had the option of using frozen eggs [at HRC], which is less expensive than using a live donor. We left feeling hopeless because we could not afford IVF with a live donor...$45k IVF with live donor...They do offer a free seminar on fertility. I think it’s a great thing for people who don’t know anything about infertility. However, it the atmosphere is a little cold...The clinic doesn’t allow anyone to bring in their children. I must admit that I appreciated that because seeing babies can be hurtful.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Pick another doctor at HRC.
He was very blunt about my age. He knew we were struggling financially so he kind of brushed us off.
Describe the protocols David Tourgeman used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Consultation only
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
The nurse was kind but, we mostly dealt with the financial planner.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They do offer a free seminar on fertility. I think it’s a great thing for people who don’t know anything about infertility. However, it the atmosphere is a little cold. I definitely felt out of place become of my advanced maternal age. The clinic doesn’t allow anyone to bring in their children. I must admit that I appreciated that because seeing babies can be hurtful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility.
$45k IVF with live donor
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
As I stated before, we were not told we had the option of using frozen eggs, which is less expensive than using a live donor. We left feeling hopeless because we could not afford IVF with a live donor.
Encino

[Dr. Alison Peck is] good explaining everything in a very humble and gentle way...She was very warmth, nice and gentle to us. She’s very sweet and she works collaboratively with us...I have no complains with her. She is very nice and warm. She’s honest but gentle, and she is present in every appointment. She has been very good to us and we adore her. She always listens to our concerns...always made us feel welcomed and safe
[The nurses at HRC- Encino are] Warm, always with smiles, and very compassionate...Clean, beautiful, and great staff. They will always help you They treat you well. I understand that some people don’t get the same experience and this is very particular, but they have been very nice to us. From the doctor [Dr. Alison Peck] herself to every team member...good explaining everything in a very humble and gentle way...She was very warmth, nice and gentle to us. She’s very sweet and she works collaboratively with us...I have no complains with her. She is very nice and warm. She’s honest but gentle, and she is present in every appointment. She has been very good to us and we adore her. She always listens to our concerns...always made us feel welcomed and safe
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
I have no complains with her. She is very nice and warm. She’s honest but gentle, and she is present in every appointment. She has been very good to us and we adore her. She always listens to our concerns; she works collaboratively with us and always made us feel welcomed and safe
Asks every question. She’s good explaining everything in a very humble and gentle way
I don’t remember very well For transfer, estradiol. Pio. Endometrium and aspirin
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly )
Warm, always with smiles, and very compassionate
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Clean, beautiful, and great staff. They will always help you They treat you well. I understand that some people don’t get the same experience and this is very particular, but they have been very nice to us. From the doctor herself to every team member
Describe Alison Peck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
She gave us options of one or two and both were AA

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr B is an amazing doctor. Never once has he made me feel like a number. On the contrary, he has made me feel cared for .. I have had really dark days in going through this process and he always finds ways to make me feel better.great doctor ... Doctor Boostanfar is simply the best doctor. It’s such a dark process and he always finds ways to make me feel better ... I wish they [HRC] would update you constantly on growth of embryos,
I wish they [HRC] would update you constantly on growth of embryos, but then again it’s always a waiting process in this. This clinic is always clean, neat, and on time with appointments. They are superb, from the sweet ladies drawing blood, to my nurse and doctor. They are the best. ... My nurse Bahareh was great. I also got to work with Shanise. Again, I love them, they are the sweetest and have compassion for the struggles you are undergoing. I’ve had surgery and they would come down and see how I was recovering. Best ever! ...
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
He’s great. Maybe explain a little more.. this doctor is already great
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bahareh)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I wish they would update you constantly on growth of embryos, but then again it’s always a waiting process in this. This clinic is always clean, neat, and on time with appointments. They are superb, from the sweet ladies drawing blood, to my nurse and doctor. They are the best.
About $30k this far
2017 - 2019, Successful
As a patient of Dr. Peck, I was treated very well with kindness and understanding. Dr. Peck is a very kind and understanding doctor who was always there to answer any questions I had. She would never give up on me and would give me options on what to do next when my first and second embryo transfer failed...Listen to what she tells you and always ask questions...she was very understanding of what I was going through
Everyone [at HRC Fertility] is professional. The staff is very nice and understanding. Always ask questions from your doctor and always consider other alternatives if the first try doesn’t work. I see no weakness from this facility...[nurse] Kimberly was very nice and thoughtful...Just gave them a certain time during the day and they usual accommodate...Listen to what she [Dr. Peck] tells you and always ask questions.
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Listen to what she tells you and always ask questions.
More of. Human, she was very understanding of what I was going through
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly)
Kimberly was very nice and thoughtful.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Everyone is professional. The staff is very nice and understanding. Always ask questions from your doctor and always consider other alternatives if the first try doesn’t work. I see no weakness from this facility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
Just gave them a certain time during the day and they usual accommodate.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Alison Peck] she was knowledgeable, direct, yet compassionate. She gave you a few options of what she thought was the best course of action. We did an aggressive treatment and it didn't work. However, we talked about different ways to approach the next rounds if we decided to go that route...she and her staff continue to communicate and check in on me
communication at this clinic [HRC Fertility] was good compared to others I went too. They explained the process and you could access communication via email with the staff and doctor.They had early hours and the scheduling was pretty onpoint. you didn't have to wait for hours to get your blood drawn...she [Dr. Peck] was knowledgeable, direct, yet compassionate. She gave you a few options of what she thought was the best course of action.
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
be curious. know what you want. discuss the pros and cons of each course of treatment.
she and her staff continue to communicate and check in on me
very aggressive; high dosage.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
communication at this clinic was good compared to others I went too. They explained the process and you could access communication via email with the staff and doctor.They had early hours and the scheduling was pretty onpoint. you didn't have to wait for hours to get your blood drawn.
they cost about 15-20K
Encino

Dr. Tourgeman is very compassionate, humble, caring, and a great listener. He does not rush patients even if what they say is not of much importance. All these attributes are important and highly essential for IVF treatment and not to be taken for granted. He is very experienced and my husband and I trust him. ... Dr. Tourgeman is wonderful; truly caring and a great listener. He doesn't portray the image that he is "God" like many other fertility doctors do. He thinks about how best to personalize the treatment within of course the parameters of each protocol. ...
Very clean. The sperm donation area has to be revamped a bit, though. And it is too close with the rest of the clinic [HRC] . Other than that, everyone is nice and patient. The financial person very patient and detailed. She answered all our questions. The sitting area is very comfortable and minimalistic, which is a plus as it is easier to be maintained clean. The lab seems to be crammed up - they seem to need a bigger space.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
As mentioned earlier, Dr. Tourgeman is very compassionate, humble, caring, and a great listener. He does not rush patients even if what they say is not of much importance. All these attributes are important and highly essential for IVF treatment and not to be taken for granted. He is very experienced and my husband and I trust him.
Dr. Tourgeman will not make you feel inadequate or anything less because of fertility issues. Here in Texas so many ivf docs will try to bring you down and that it is your fault. Not Dr. Tourgeman. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Tourgeman is wonderful; truly caring and a great listener. He doesn't portray the image that he is "God" like many other fertility doctors do. He thinks about how best to personalize the treatment within of course the parameters of each protocol. We would not be traveling from Texas to California if we didn't think, Dr. Tourgeman is among the very best nationally.
This is confidential. I will not give you my confidential information or how Dr. Tourgeman adjusted my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennie)
She is very prompt and very fast in responding and tries to get everything scheduled. Great optimistic attitude.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Very clean. The sperm donation area has to be revamped a bit, though. And it is too close with the rest of the clinic. Other than that, everyone is nice and patient. The financial person very patient and detailed. She answered all our questions. The sitting area is very comfortable and minimalistic, which is a plus as it is easier to be maintained clean. The lab seems to be crammed up - they seem to need a bigger space.
probably around $30K
Encino
Dr. Potter is clearly very intelligent and wants to see you succeed in having a family! He relies on statistics just as much as he relies on what you are saying and feeling...I had a good reaction to all the medication and Dr. potter reviewed my stats daily. He adjusted course when I developed an ovarian cyst and is seeing me through my next cycle...The only true negative about Dr. Potter is that he seems to run late a lot of the time, but if you have that expectation to start, you have nothing to worry about!
The only real downside to the Fullerton office is that you have to pay for parking. There is also one receptionist who isn’t very friendly, but everyone else is amazing to work with and they want to see you succeed...Amanda [nurse at HRC Fertility] is awesome. I think the biggest downside is she seems to have a lot on her plate and like anyone in the medical field she has to triage accordingly, so she can’t always respond right away.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter is clearly very intelligent and wants to see you succeed in having a family! He relies on statistics just as much as he relies on what you are saying and feeling. A lot of his negative reviews say that he has a poor bedside manner, but we actually really like him and are huge fans of how honest he is. He also does a great job explaining things in terms that we can understand! We feel really confident that he will help us achieve our dream of being parents. The only true negative about Dr. Potter is that he seems to run late a lot of the time, but if you have that expectation to start, you have nothing to worry about!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Take his advice and follow his steps exactly. He knows what he’s doing and has done this enough that his experience is going to help you! Trust the process and the plan!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He just has a lot going on and a specialist in that field cannot get overly invested in their patients because of how hard infertility is on each and every patient! We are still working with him and really believe he will help us get a child!
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I had a good reaction to all the medication and Dr. potter reviewed my stats daily. He adjusted course when I developed an ovarian cyst and is seeing me through my next cycle! I trust him completely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
Amanda is awesome. I think the biggest downside is she seems to have a lot on her plate and like anyone in the medical field she has to triage accordingly, so she can’t always respond right away. Being infertile is hard, but having Amanda as your coordinator helps!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The only real downside to the Fullerton office is that you have to pay for parking. There is also one receptionist who isn’t very friendly, but everyone else is amazing to work with and they want to see you succeed!
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
He follows the ASRM guidelines and makes recommendations based on that! He wants success for you and first and foremost wants to do know harm. He will help you make the right decision for you!

2019, Consult
He [Dr. Potter] was crass and said comments that disturbed us.He didn't look us in the eye. He didn't know anything about us or take the time to try. ... He was so rude to us. ... He tried to charge us almost 4 times what the average cost of a cash test was at all the other clinics ($1900 for a hysteroscopy vs $500 at most OC clinics). ... Look elsewhere. There are more compassionate doctors who won't make you feel like a slug on the ground.
You will be a number in a revolving door. We got to our appointment 20 minutes early with everything filled out and still didn't get called until an hour after our appointment time. We didn't feel that we were anything but a number and checkbook to them [HRC]. ... Our biggest issue was the billing. We could never get our insurance covered when I talked to them multiple times. I had to send in my authorization of services 3 times.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
My husband and I agree we would never go back there even if he was the only doctor covered by our insurance. Which we were told he was. He was so rude to us. Then his office tells us that the $10000 worth of tests he ordered would be cash payment when we have insurance coverage. But they couldn't figure that out over 4 months so even though I called and emailed dozens of times I never got to move forward. He tried to charge us almost 4 times what the average cost of a cash test was at all the other clinics ($1900 for a hysteroscopy vs $500 at most OC clinics). I do not, can not, and will not ever recommend him or his clinic. Save your money, energy and emotional stability and go elsewhere.
He was crass and said comments that disturbed us.He didn't look us in the eye. He didn't know anything about us or take the time to try. His office would never get back to us with questions.
We didn't get this far because even though we had an approved referral for a service he wouldn't bill our insurance and said we had to pay cash. But every time I talked to insurance or my healthcare group they said he was covered and our only option.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Our nurse was super nice and we felt really comfortable with her but once the billing issues started I never heard from her again. Called and emailed with no response.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
You will be a number in a revolving door. We got to our appointment 20 minutes early with everything filled out and still didn't get called until an hour after our appointment time. We didn't feel that we were anything but a number and checkbook to them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
Extremely high. Yes infertility treatments are expensive but even my obgyn seemed to think it was astronomical so I called other clinics in the area. When I told them the price I was quoted they said to run away from there because that was robbery.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Our biggest issue was the billing. We could never get our insurance covered when I talked to them multiple times. I had to send in my authorization of services 3 times. I finally was working with my obgyn to get a new referral to another doctor and the referral department called and asked if I even saw Dr. Potter because they had never received any documentation from his office.
Fullerton

Dr. Ghazal was unavailable via email or phone and when asked questions regarding treatment lashed out with personal attacks against me instead of simply answering questions...was peaches and cream sweet during my first appointment, but due to the nature of our infertility and embryo adoption, my husband and I had questions and needed clarification so we scheduled a second appointment. I've never been treated so rudely nor have I been so personally attacked by a doctor. I left the office in tears and my husband was furious.
For transferring embryos to the clinic [HRC], medications, and one FET cycle, the cost was about $7,000...The Fullerton location only handles office visits and blood work. Actual transfers take place at the Newport Beach office. The first half-hour of parking is free, then paid thereafter. Even if you come for quick labs first thing in the morning, you will wait well beyond your appointment time. The staff, though not great with time management or responding to emails, is very nice.
How was your experience with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Ghazal was peaches and cream sweet during my first appointment, but due to the nature of our infertility and embryo adoption, my husband and I had questions and needed clarification so we scheduled a second appointment. I've never been treated so rudely nor have I been so personally attacked by a doctor. I left the office in tears and my husband was furious. I received word about 2 weeks later that she was no longer employed by HRC and that our file was being transferred to Dr. Frederick in the Newport Beach office, who performed our transfer as schedule, unfortunately not resulting in a pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Don't be her patient. Run away. Run far, far away.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Sanaz Ghazal used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Starting with a week of Birth Control, then Lupron injections combined with alternating Estradiol and PIO injections, accompanied by Baby Aspirin daily. 5 days before transfer I started a prednisone pack.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija Matic)
The staff is very pleasant but it's hard to get a timely response from the Fullerton office. Nearly every email I sent (email was their requested/preferred form of contact) took a week of waiting and at least one additional follow up phone call to get a reply. It was incredibly frustrating and I was made to feel like a nuisance. They also were very quick to pass the blame instead of taking responsibility when something wasn't done correctly.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility.
For transferring embryos to the clinic, medications, and one FET cycle, the cost was about $7,000.
Describe Sanaz Ghazal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Ghazal did not perform our transfer; however, we had discussed transferring two embryos due to the quality of the embryos and my age (which we ultimately did).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
We transferred embryos from another clinic, and getting the correct paperwork from our coordinating agency was a nightmare on both ends. HRC blamed the agency, the agency blamed the original clinic. It's impossible to say who was really to blame, but HRC's failure to respond in a timely fashion contributed to severe problems during the process.
Fullerton

The clinic [HRC] does not manage time or patients well. There is not a realistic timeline to see the dr and you have to wait a long time to get in. They are also terrible at returning calls and still owe me a considerable amount of money from a reimbursement my insurance company already sent them. This clinic is terrible. If you want to be treated like a number and you have endless amounts of money to waste and you don’t want a doctor that cares, this might be the place for you.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter keeps all his patients waiting for hours on end. The waiting room is always filled with people waiting for him with no end in sight. When he meets with you he promises you the moon on the first visit. Then once he sees your results he doesn’t care to support you in the next step and quite honestly showed zero compassion or empathy for the shocking news we received. You can tell he’s in it for the numbers and the money and will move on to the next gullible patient who’s willing to pay an extreme amount of money for poor care.
Do your research and find another doctor who will actually care about making your dreams come true. HRC is like a factory trying to squeeze everyone and has zero personal attention for patients.
He never took the time to get to know us and often kept us waiting for hours to see him. The first time we waited an hour and a half and the second time it was two and a half hours. His office insisted he was on his way the whole time, when we did meet with him it was only 15 min to say ivf will never work for you try an egg donor. All he wanted was the money and we were just a number. He was horrible at making us feel heard or understood. Once he saw my results he was basically like see ya, you’re never going to make it so I don’t want to prioritize you.
Dr potter recommended an egg donor as the only resort for us to get pregnant. He didn’t provide any other solutions and sai this was the only way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility.
The nursing staff tried their best to makeup for where Dr potter lacked. You could tell they were afraid of upsetting their boss, he frequently blamed them for why he was late or why they didn’t communicate correctly. They seem like nice people who try but again they treated me like I was just a number they could get money out of.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic does not manage time or patients well. There is not a realistic timeline to see the dr and you have to wait a long time to get in. They are also terrible at returning calls and still owe me a considerable amount of money from a reimbursement my insurance company already sent them. This clinic is terrible. If you want to be treated like a number and you have endless amounts of money to waste and you don’t want a doctor that cares, this might be the place for you.
$2000 just for initial consultation and bloodwork.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
There was not good follow through for getting a copy of my results from the blood test. I had to call and email over 5 times to get a copy. I also am still currently battling with them about a reimbursement my insurance sent over and they don’t want to pay me what my insurance says I’m entitled to.
Fullerton

Dr. Ghazal answered every single one of my questions each time I spoke with her. She has a great bedside manner and she makes it a point to answer your questions in a very detailed manner, so that there is no confusion. She listened to my struggle, and responded in a compassionate manner. I did not feel as though she was trying to rush me out of her office.... The only downside is that I did not get much contact with her and everything is communicated through her nurses and coordinators.
Regarding the clinic [HRC- Fullerton], there seems to be people switching into new roles often within the office. When it seems as if you are going to do a procedure right away, they are very responsive to emails and other forms of communication. Yet, it seems as though if your procedure is not happening for a few months, they take longer to respond to emails (if at all).... The cost of treatment is clearly delineated in their forms, so you are not going in blind. They have one of the best labs in the nation.
How was your experience with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Strengths: Dr. Ghazal is highly trained and has a lot of great experience in the field and she has the highest fertility rates in the clinic. When you ask her a question, she is straightforward, authentic, and detailed. When she shared information that I considered bad news for me, she was compassionate and did it in such a way that made me feel that there was hope for my situation. The only downside is that I did not get much contact with her and everything is communicated through her nurses and coordinators. Yet, when she did meet with you over the phone or in-person, she made you feel as though she was present with you and not trying to rush off to the next patient.
If you want a doctor who will be available by phone or text or more available, Dr. Ghazal is not the one.
Because I am an older person, with great eggs but with numerous complications with my uterus, the goal was to try to go slightly more aggressive with my medications, so that I can produce a lot more eggs for my egg retrieval, in the hopes that when the eggs are fertilized, I can get the most genetically normal embryos possible. Then I would freeze these embryos, fix the problems with my uterus, and then do a frozen embryo transfer. The goal is to be successful in maintaining a pregnancy and reducing the chances of miscarriage. I believe the drug protocol is similar for most IVF cycles, just the dosage may be different. The overall goal is to have one successful IVF cycle with great outcomes in regard to have a number of genetically normal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalijia)
Regarding the clinic, there seems to be people switching into new roles often within the office. When it seems as if you are going to do a procedure right away, they are very responsive to emails and other forms of communication. Yet, it seems as though if your procedure is not happening for a few months, they take longer to respond to emails (if at all).
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Weaknesses: They seem more responsive at the start of your process (consultation/diagnostic workup/treatment planning); yet if you wait a few months for the actual procedure, they seem less responsive to questions you might have. You can be on hold for a long time early in the morning. Financial people seem to change often. I would have preferred more direct contact with the RE to ask questions when they came to mind. Strengths include having a very well trained doctor (Dr. Ghazal) with great rates of success. The cost of treatment is clearly delineated in their forms, so you are not going in blind. They have one of the best labs in the nation.
For one cycle of IVF, including genetic screening of any embryos, and freezing embryos, I was looking at a bill around $21,000 out of pocket. This estimate also includes the price of fertility medications for the one cycle. You can also tack on an additional $2000 to 3000 for diagnostic procedures conducted prior to treatment planning. These are all out of pocket costs.
My doctor had a strong preference for single embryo transfer, primarily because there is a higher success rate for a single embryo transfer. Also, she explained that if you place more than one embryo into the uterus, you never know whether one of those embryos will split and produce twins and triplets. So she wants to reduce the chance of multiple unexpected growing babies.
Fullerton

I've just started my journey at HRC but so far Dr. Ghazal has been warm, welcoming, and very thorough with her plan to handle our specific case. She understands the problems we are currently facing with our MFI, and currently undergoing the process to find out what if any diagnosis I have for my fertility.... Since my husband has severe MFI, he would have to undergo a TESE or mTESE to extract sperm so that they can then be frozen and injected directly into my eggs via ICSI. This would also help our fertilization rates as an embryologist does this task skillfully.
Their [HRC- Fullerton] strengths is everything being in-house. From the REs personal offices, to the lab/embryo storage, to egg retrievals and transfers. It is nice to know that they do not send you elsewhere for any part of the process and you are set in one location.... So far we have only dealt with the front desk coordinator and she was very kind, soft spoken, and very accommodating to our inquiries and where we could seek out further information should we need it.
How was your experience with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Be honest and open throughout the process.
She really, really cares about her patients succeeding and overcoming infertility and does her best to help you achieve your dreams.
Since my husband has severe MFI, he would have to undergo a TESE or mTESE to extract sperm so that they can then be frozen and injected directly into my eggs via ICSI. This would also help our fertilization rates as an embryologist does this task skillfully. We do not yet know my current course of action as I have not completed all necessary testing.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Their strengths is everything being in-house. From the REs personal offices, to the lab/embryo storage, to egg retrievals and transfers. It is nice to know that they do not send you elsewhere for any part of the process and you are set in one location.
Right now we do not know the total cost for a single round of IVF as we will be discussing these details in our upcoming appointment.
She believes that if you want one baby, you transfer one embryo. If you want two babies, you transfer two. No need to transfer two embryos if you just want a single child.
Fullerton

With every encounter I had with Dr. Potter, he was at least 1+ hour late (consultation, surgeries, personal meetings). During our initial encounter (consultation) he failed to make eye contact, introduce himself, and the facility. We had selected him anyway, because he discussed a treatment plan that I felt was custom to my situation, and with that I was impressed.... Procedures and communication, that I believe should be done and or shared by an MD is instead done by his staff.
They [HRC Fullerton] are compassionate and apologetic for Dr. Potter’s consistent tardiness. They are proficient in their roles. Sometimes communication is great and sometimes it is very poor. For example, one time I had a time sensitive question, and did not get a response until the next day. I felt that it should not have been my responsibility to follow up, but had I not, I would not have gotten the information I needed....
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Strengths: intelligent, high success rates, skill Weakness: lack of compassion, lack of time, consistently late (staff members had even candidly shared this with me), poor response time, flat affect. Dr. Potter has opened a Infertility Clinic in China in the past year. As a result, I believe he is spread “way too thin”. Procedures and communication, that I believe should be done and or shared by an MD is instead done by his staff. Considering the amount of money I have paid to the clinic, I had higher expectations. For example, I had questions for Dr. Potter at one point and was told I could not communicate with him because he was in China. Another example, I had very sensitive PGS testing results, and his ultrasound tech delivered the results rather than him. Another time, I paid an additional $100 for a 15 minute meeting with him (in which he was an hour late for), regarding a treatment plan for which I had already paid $20k+ for. These instances made me feel that his primary interest was money making vs me as a patient.
He is an intelligent infertility specialist. However, do not expect that he will ever be on time, you will always wait at least an hour or more with every encounter with him. Do not expect hand-holding, or compassion. He is a bookish, matter-of-fact type. Communication in my opinion is poor.
With every encounter I had with Dr. Potter, he was at least 1+ hour late (consultation, surgeries, personal meetings). During our initial encounter (consultation) he failed to make eye contact, introduce himself, and the facility. We had selected him anyway, because he discussed a treatment plan that I felt was custom to my situation, and with that I was impressed. At one point, I intentionally called him out for being late, and I did not receive an apology, rather a poor excuse. Despite my dissatisfaction, I still proceeded with care as I told myself, I didn’t care about bedside manner as long as I had results. I also felt that I didn’t have a choice but to proceed as I had already made an out of pocket cash payment in full.
I had a uterine septum Dr. Potter corrected prior to any egg retrievals or potential transfers, with good outcome. He initiated a insulin resistant/metformin protocol, even though my GTT yielded normal results. This was in response to me yielding a low number of eggs during the first retrieval. It did not improve the outcome for my second retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalija Matic )
Natalija was my care coordinator, but not a nurse. She was an ultrasound tech. She seemed skilled and knowledgeable in her role. However, I also felt she was “spread way too thin”. Her role overlapped with that of Dr. Potter. I think a lot of what should be his responsibility fell onto her lap, just simply because he didn’t have the time for it. I actually never worked with a nurse from the clinic (only surgery center) during my whole treatment there.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Communication is adequate. Better than Dr. Potter’s response time. They are compassionate and apologetic for Dr. Potter’s consistent tardiness. They are proficient in their roles. Sometimes communication is great and sometimes it is very poor. For example, one time I had a time sensitive question, and did not get a response until the next day. I felt that it should not have been my responsibility to follow up, but had I not, I would not have gotten the information I needed.
Approx $20k for 2 retrievals, transfer, labs and US $2k for hysteroscopy/septal repair Approx $8-10k for medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Most recently, I had requested medical records be sent to my primary physician, using the correct “authorization to release medical info” form. I faxed the form and specifically spoke with someone who said they would handle it within 2-5 business days. 2 months later, my physician had not received it. Upon my second follow up call, it was finally sent over. Another time, about 5 months ago, I was sent an outside lab bill in which I had paid OOP. The finance department said they would follow up and call me back. A week later I did not receive a call. I filed a concern to the manager of the department regarding the follow up. This issue still has not been resolved.
Fullerton
Dr. Ghazal is wonderful with patients. She explains thoroughly the process, always discusses the risks as well as the success rates. She does not sugar coat things. If she feels something is not going to give the best result she shared that with her patients. She is the best doctor I've ever had....I used a microdose lupron protocol for my first IVF cycle. For me Idid ok with an end result of two embryos. I did not get to transfer because they did not pass pgs testing. The next month I did my first IUI with Dr. Ghazal but had a NP do the procedure.
HRC took forever to get information to you from the nurses. They did not seem very compassionate but overly busy. They gave you your information then moved on... The nursing staff did not provide the kindness and care a fertility clinic should give. This is a challenging emotional time and it's like we're a number to them. They give us direct info (schedule, calendar, results) and then move on.
How was your experience with Sanaz Ghazal at HRC Fertility?
Be honest with her. Tell her your goals and fears so she can address them and discuss them with you.
Dr. Ghazal was incredible. She was direct in diagnosing but always showed care and compassion. I never felt like a number. I trust her judgement completely.
I used a microdose lupron protocol for my first IVF cycle. For me Idid ok with an end result of two embryos. I did not get to transfer because they did not pass pgs testing. The next month I did my first IUI with Dr. Ghazal but had a NP do the procedure. It was an awful experience with the nurse and all I wanted was my doctor. Now I am at a new clinic where Dr. Ghazal has moved and am starting a new IUI.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
My insurance covered 80%of my treatment so it was very doable for us cost wise.
She openly shares what she thinks is best which is eSET but allows the patient to decide ultimately. However she will never do something that could be unhealthy or dangerous to the patient.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
Yes, my initial blood work I had to go in twice because they ran the same test twice and didn't order the right second test. Again, during my ivf cycle I was waiting to hear if we would transfer and I didn't find out my embryos tested abnormal till an hour before my scheduled procedure. After they had already given me the wrong day for a transfer. So I ended up going twice to be told we aren't transferring. This was bad communication from my nurse coordinator Natalija.