6.9

Westlake Village, CA 91361
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Jeffrey Nelson] remembered our last conversation or a comment I made which made me think he does pay attention and cares about his patients...He can be very busy though, and most of the time my appointments would be running late up to 30 minutes...I felt that he expected for us to have some knowledge and was not clear at first on explaining the procedure...He was attentive.
Beautiful clinic [at HRC Fertility-Pasadena]. Very elegant. Staff is nice. Parking available for free. Only downside is that this clinic is so busy. They receive a lot of international patients. Your appointment can run late due to the amount of patients they see...once had sent us the wrong summary of coverage. They had sent ya another couple insurance information summary.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
He was thorough in explaining the procedure. He does not sugar coat things which I appreciate. He can be very busy though, and most of the time my appointments would be running late up to 30 minutes. This is the only thing that bothered me since I work and running late makes me even more late for work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
Have some understanding of infertility procedures. I felt that he expected for us to have some knowledge and was not clear at first on explaining the procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
He was attentive. He remembered our last conversation or a comment I made which made me think he does pay attention and cares about his patients. Sometimes doctors can be straight to the point and ignore small talk. But not Dr Nelson.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Nelson used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Because my insurance covered IUI and we had unexplained infertility with all of our pre lab work coming back fine we tried IUi with expectations it would work. But three rounds and all failed. At this point he has now strongly suggested IVf due to my age and how long we have been trying with no success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Consuelo Hernandez )
Connie is amazing! Very sweet, organized and great communicator. She made the process so much easier and comforting! Best bed manners!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Beautiful clinic. Very elegant. Staff is nice. Parking available for free. Only downside is that this clinic is so busy. They receive a lot of international patients. Your appointment can run late due to the amount of patients they see.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility.
My insurance covered the procedure.
Describe Jeffrey Nelson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
The accounting department once had sent us the wrong summary of coverage. They had sent ya another couple insurance information summary.
Pasadena

The first time we met with Dr. Becht, she listened to all of our concerns and answered our questions. She gave us space to discuss our concerns and addressed our concerns directly...provided us with fact-based information about our chances of becoming pregnant...Throughout this process, Dr. Becht has been extremely supportive and available... recommended single embryo transfers
...two [HRC Fertility] clinics thus it makes it easy to schedule to whatever is more convenient distance wise. Both clinics are easily accessible with no problems in finding either one and no issues with parking...[nurse] Dorothy, was very helpful in explaining how to administer medications. She was also the one to do most of my lab draws and it was pretty painless...Treatment protocol: $16,870; Medications: $4205.65
How was your experience with Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
During our first visit, Dr. Becht broke down the results of our lab work so that we could understand why we were struggling with our fertility. She provided us with fact-based information about our chances of becoming pregnant given our ages, current health, and our fertility conditions so that we had an understanding of what was possible. We were able to ask all of our questions and she provided us with our options. When we left our first appointment, we felt that we could make an informed decision about our IVF journey and we felt extremely comfortable with Dr. Becht and her expertise. At each appointment, Dr. Becht asked how I was feeling both emotionally and physically, what questions I had, and provided me with detailed information about what she saw during my ultrasounds. Although everything was going well up to that point, she was very realistic about the number of eggs we had as seen on the ultrasounds, yet she remained hopeful throughout this process. We unfortunately did not have any embryos that could be transferred. Dr. Becht informed me and was very empathetic. She mentioned that she would be available to answer questions that we had, provide support regarding the next steps, and talk about a next cycle when we were ready. We recently reached out to Dr. Becht to find out what we could do if we were to do another cycle to improve our chances of becoming pregnant, and she quickly responded giving us some suggestions regarding supplements and acupuncture. Throughout this process, Dr. Becht has been extremely supportive and available.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
Discuss any concerns or worries you have. This is an overwhelming process and Dr. Becht is conscious of that--by sharing what concerns/worries you have she can directly discuss those with you and hopefully ease this process a bit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility?
As we started our journey into fertility treatments, we were scared, uncertain, and frustrated that this was going to be our path to starting a family. We had had a terrible experience with another doctor and were very skeptical about new doctors. The first time we met with Dr. Becht, she listened to all of our concerns and answered our questions. She gave us space to discuss our concerns and addressed our concerns directly. Throughout our treatment, my partner and I felt so comfortable with Dr. Becht. because she was so empathetic and understanding. She took her time to talk to us during our appointments.
Describe the protocols Lisa Becht used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I was on the DP antagonist with no oral contraceptive protocol. This was due to my lab work for Luteinizing hormone and Anti-Müllerian hormone. I was on Follistim and Menopur subcutaneous injections for 9 days. With ultrasounds and lab work conducted 4 times during the injection period. On the 9th day of treatment, I took the trigger shot and two days later had my egg retrieval. During egg retrieval, I had 11 eggs: six were not mature. Only 2 of the eggs made it to the 5 day, but one had abnormal growth. The second one was fertilized and had chromosomal abnormalities when tested. Thus, we did not make it past the egg retrieval phase.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dorothy Xicohtencatl)
The nurse that works with Dr. Becht, Dorothy, was very helpful in explaining how to administer medications. She was also the one to do most of my lab draws and it was pretty painless. The only small issue we had was that the person making appointments made an error regarding days that Dr.Becht was available, but we were able to reschedule all of the appointments without a problem.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Dr. Becht works from two clinics thus it makes it easy to schedule to whatever is more convenient distance wise. Both clinics are easily accessible with no problems in finding either one and no issues with parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Becht at HRC Fertility.
Treatment protocol: $16,870; Medications: $4205.65
Describe Lisa Becht's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Not sure about this as we did not make it to this stage of treatment. But overall she recommended single embryo transfers.
Lisa Becht
Newport Beach

Dr. Kolb took time to discuss everything with us...such a personal doctor and made me feel extremely comfortable every single time I saw him...male infertility due to Cystic Fibrosis and also had a double lung transplant...For my STIM procedure, my treatment plan got extended 2 extra days - during that time I was seeing him daily to evaluate the size of the eggs. I was very uncomfortable but he was very vocal about my comfort and what I would expect each day. Nurse
This clinic [HRC Fertility - Pasadena] is super busy - but they manage their patients really well. They also will open the clinic just for you if they have to. I remember needing a test done based on my cycle and it was July 4th. They opened just to do my testing...There are a lot of moving pieces, for me I found it most helpful to document communication with his team of nurses via email so I had a paper trail and could reference the notes.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
From our first appointment, Dr. Kolb took time to discuss everything with us. Our situation had lots of complicating scenarios and Dr. Kolb never let that stop him or us from moving forward with the treatment plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
He is such a personal doctor and made me feel extremely comfortable every single time I saw him. He has a gentle touch and talks you through every part of the evaluation and treatment. He also made sure we understood everything he said, he would provide diagrams and pictures to further explain things.
Describe the protocols Bradford Kolb used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Luckily I was pretty healthy and didn't have too many complications, my partner, however, has male infertility due to Cystic Fibrosis and also had a double lung transplant so the entire process we were unsure if we would use his sperm or have to get donor sperm. For my STIM procedure, my treatment plan got extended 2 extra days - during that time I was seeing him daily to evaluate the size of the eggs. I was very uncomfortable but he was very vocal about my comfort and what I would expect each day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Flor P)
I primarily had one nurse on my case the entire time - but worked with his entire team while she was out. I loved them all!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic is super busy - but they manage their patients really well. They also will open the clinic just for you if they have to. I remember needing a test done based on my cycle and it was July 4th. They opened just to do my testing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility.
Sperm Analysis $200 TESA - $1900 Embryo Freezing - $750 / Annually Genetic Testing - $5k
Describe Bradford Kolb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
My doctor prefers to only do single embryo transfers, especially for women who have yet to attempt a transfer.

2020, Consult
While we have only had an initial consultation with Dr. Nelson, I feel 100% confident moving forward with him as our doctor and that he will absolutely help us find success on this stressful journey...he did a great job at explaining to us what the process was. I feel confident with my case he will be able to strategize exactly what I will need in order to have a smooth sailing retrieval and transfer
The [HRC Fertfility] clinic itself is beautiful! The waiting area is full of luxurious, comfy seating, there is free Starbucks coffee, and it was impeccably clean...I cannot think of any weaknesses as I was just so impressed with the level of cleanliness and comfort they provide in the entire facility...IVF promotion/program that will roughly total $18,000 including medication and embryo storage
How was your experience with Jeffrey Nelson at HRC Fertility?
While we have only had an initial consultation with Dr. Nelson, I feel 100% confident moving forward with him as our doctor and that he will absolutely help us find success on this stressful journey. He agreed to meet us in person with no sense of regret or unease during this current pandemic, and I can easily say that interaction has made me much less defeated and alone in my struggle with infertility.
I would advise any prospective patient of Dr. Nelson's to come in with your head held high, let go of your insecurities whether that relates to your infertility or not, and allow yourself to trust. He is there to help us achieve our dreams of parenthood, but we have to be willing to give him the kind of control that we never though we'd have to give. That's the story of infertility, is it not?
Dr. Nelson was kind enough to allow us to come to his office for an in-person consultation after I expressed my slight disappointment in only getting to talk over the phone. I think it's so important to be in the same room as a person in order to feel the energy, whether positive or negative, that your interactions produce. Amidst the chaos currently surrounding our world right now, I couldn't have been more appreciative that he chose to treat us as humans and speak to us face to face!
We've not reached the medication protocol stage just yet, but he did a great job at explaining to us what the process was. I feel confident with my case he will be able to strategize exactly what I will need in order to have a smooth sailing retrieval and transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chloe Han)
My initial interaction was with a different staff member named Griselda, over the phone, who I felt truly cared to answer any and all questions I had about setting up our consultation and in such a timely manner. She definitely started my interactions off in positive light which only continued to brighten! Chloe, the care coordinator was just as kind and responsive, she made sure to clearly explain our next steps and answered our questions very well. She even advocated for us as we were checking out and made sure we only paid the first consultation quote we were given before changing our appointment to an in-person consultation. That was the absolute cherry on top that made us feel so much more than just a new client!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic itself is beautiful! The waiting area is full of luxurious, comfy seating, there is free Starbucks coffee, and it was impeccably clean! The exam rooms and other conference rooms were just and comforting which is not always the case in a medical setting, but I felt very welcomed. I cannot think of any weaknesses as I was just so impressed with the level of cleanliness and comfort they provide in the entire facility!
Our initial consultation was $260, which is actually the over the phone cost, but we changed our appointment the day before as we really wanted to meet him in person. From what I gathered that cost is actually $350. As for the cost of everything else we are waiting to have our financial appointment in the next hour, but we are doing an IVF promotion/program that will roughly total $18,000 including medication and embryo storage. Of course, this is a large sum of money but I feel in my heart we will have success with Dr. Nelson and that amount will be so abundantly worth it!
Dr. Nelson, spent time answering a question we had about transferring a single vs multiple embryos in a very honest way. It's not cut and dry, and our choice of single vs multiple will depend on certain things we may or may not decide to do. I appreciated his input and opinion on that topic and it has given us a clearer idea of what to expect once we cross that road.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. March took the time to review my history thoroughly prior to our consultation session. He also directly calls me back if there I leave a question...I was nervous that going to the "best surgeon ever" would be cost prohibitive, but it came out to roughly the same amount as the other times I had this procedure done...I was referred to Dr. March by my fertility doctor as a specialist in scar tissue removal. I went to Dr. March for surgery only. Although I only saw him once in the last 2 months, I feel like he knows more about my situation than my fertility doctor
I visited HRC for a scar tissue removal surgery, and not your typical fertility procedures, so I can't comment on the clinic as a whole. Based on my experience, the staff is friendly and helpful but it was difficult to get financial information and estimated out-of-pocket expenses. They were not helpful in trying to get that coordinated or get me touch with the appropriate parties that could provide that information.
How was your experience with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
I was referred to Dr. March by my fertility doctor as a specialist in scar tissue removal. I went to Dr. March for surgery only. Although I only saw him once in the last 2 months, I feel like he knows more about my situation than my fertility doctor who I have been seeing for 2.5 years. Dr. March took the time to review my history thoroughly prior to our consultation session. He also directly calls me back if there I leave a question. My current fertility doctor would typically have an assistant call me back with an answer instead of speaking to me directly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles March at HRC Fertility?
He is supposed to be the best at scar tissue removal, which is why I went to him after 2 failed surgeries. It is too early to know if the surgery is successful, but he uses different techniques that other surgeons do not to improve the outcome. I was nervous that going to the "best surgeon ever" would be cost prohibitive, but it came out to roughly the same amount as the other times I had this procedure done.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles March at HRC Fertility?
Emailed directly with the staff instead of through a general portal. Quick turnaround time compared to my other clinic. Dr. March clearly reviewed my medical history prior to my first consultation call with him and spoke in a natural, conversational manner.
Describe the protocols Charles March used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I did not do any IVF cycles with Dr. March but had surgery for removal of uterine scar tissue. My scar tissue is from fibroid removal surgery which apparently has the lowest chances of success. I have also had 2 scar tissue removal surgeries prior to the latest one with Dr. March, both of which were either unsuccessful or scar tissue grew back quickly. Dr. March used a Cook balloon to prevent scar tissue formation which is triangle shaped instead of a round balloon. This is supposed to fit better in the uterus to prevent scar tissue. The previous surgery I had 3 months earlier used a round balloon and was not successful. In that surgery they left the balloon in for 3 days only. Dr. March left the Cook balloon in for 3 weeks. They also gave me a PRP injection (platelet-rich plasma) to help with healing and prepare me for an upcoming transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
My interaction with staff prior to the surgery was primarily via email as I had to travel for the procedure. They were quick to reply and were organized about the information and documents I needed to provide, directions for the surgery center, etc. The only negative was the hand-off (or lack of hand-off) to a financial advisor. It was difficult for me to obtain estimates for the procedure. Nursing staff the day of the surgery were very friendly prior to the surgery. Post-surgery I felt rushed to leave the facility and free up a bed. My husband went to the pharmacy to get my prescriptions filled while I was in recovery. The post surgery nurse kept pushing me to get dressed and ready prior to him returning while I still felt groggy.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles March at HRC Fertility.
For my scar tissue removal surgery (hysteroscopic lysis of adhesions), my out of pocket costs were approximately: - $4,700 surgery facility fee - $1,200 anesthesia - I don't have the doctor bill yet but I am guessing this is 3K
Charles March
West Los Angeles

I trust him [Dr. Tourgeman] to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favo
Our two rounds of IVF [at HRC Fertility] lead to two strong embryos and three okay embryos. He [Dr. Tourgeman] suggested we start with implanting just one of the strong embryos and I agreed. We are now 8 weeks pregnant...The office runs on time! This was important to me as I was keeping everything under the radar from work. I was able to make early morning appointments around 7:45/8:00am and count on being in and out under 25 minutes. Everything is clean and the latest technology is used. I even brought my mom in to scope it out with me.
How was your experience with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman is the best doctor I have had the pleasure to know - and I am happy to report that I am pregnant after two rounds of IVF and our first embryo implant. Dr. Tourgeman has the best bedside manner - the absolute best. I trust him to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favorite patient, even though I am sure that many of us share this feeling given his exceptional care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
To those of you considering fertility treatment, or maybe thinking about it for the future - DON'T WAIT. I walked into Dr. T's office at 27, without ever having tried to become pregnant naturally, but with a gut feeling that something was off for my body. After a few tests, Dr. T confirmed that my fertility didn't match my age and IVF was a wise course of action. Now, we are expecting our first child and feel much more in control of our family planning and path forward.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Tourgeman at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Tourgeman has the best bedside manner - the absolute best. I was very worried that he would turn me away when I walked into his office at the age of 27, without ever trying to become pregnant naturally, but with a hunch that something was off for my fertility. He expressed no judgement, only sincere interest, and immediately helped me to plan out next steps to learn more, which eventually lead us to IVF. I trust him to be honest and direct, but in a way that calms anxiety and brings focus to the path ahead. I looked forward to seeing him multiple times a week during the IVF cycles. He wasn't just my doctor, but a key member of my support team helping me to navigate what became an emotionally and physically taxing process. He never seemed rushed, always taking time to discuss my questions and concerns. He presents his perspective with experience and facts, but also an open-mindedness that is often missing from the fertility/pregnancy space. Honestly, he makes me feel like I am his favorite patient, even though I am sure that many of us share this feeling given his exceptional care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Wendy then Vivian)
The office runs on time! This was important to me as I was keeping everything under the radar from work. I was able to make early morning appointments around 7:45/8:00am and count on being in and out under 25 minutes. The entire office staff is knowledgeable and supportive. Like I said, I looked forward to my visits and will be sad to leave HRC after 6+ months of frequent visits. They were also incredibly diligent (and patient) dealing with my unbelievably difficult insurance. Maria, Vivian, Wendy, Jessica - everyone has made this experience a positive one. Our family will be eternally grateful to all of them.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe David Tourgeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Our two rounds of IVF lead to two strong embryos and three okay embryos. He suggested we start with implanting just one of the strong embryos and I agreed. We are now 8 weeks pregnant.
David Tourgeman
West Los Angeles

Dr. Coffler explained in realistic and understandable terms a plan of treatment and step by step how to get there. His confidence and understanding immediately set me at ease as a patient...He was able to give me a clear roadmap from our first consultation . This was so helpful because my anxiety and worries were lessened through the process...frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. I started with Lupron then went to estrace and PIO, along with baby Aspirin and endometrium. It worked!
HRC was a wonderful experience for me...I was given a calendar to follow and someone was always available to help if I needed it. They made sure I received each of my medications on time and also made sure that I knew how to use each of them correctly. All in all, They did their best to make my experience positive and stress free...Angel [nurse] is just amazing. I can not count the number of times I messaged her with questions and concerns and as busy as I know she is, she would always take the time to respond.
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
What struck me about Mr. Coffler was his honesty and straightforwardness from day one one what exactly I needed to do in order to improve my odds. He was able to give me a clear roadmap from our first consultation . This was so helpful because my anxiety and worries were lessened through the process. With his assistance and guidance I just found out that I am pregnant! I know beyond a shadow of doubt this would not have been the case without the great care and guidance I received and I am forever grateful !
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Remember he is an expert in his field, take the time to ask questions and understand your treatment plan. There is a reason for each step.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Mickey Coffler used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I did a frozen embryo transfer with a donor embryo. I started with Lupron then went to estrace and PIO, along with baby Aspirin and endometrium. It worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Angel Calfee)
Angel is just amazing. I can not count the number of times I messaged her with questions and concerns and as busy as I know she is, she would always take the time to respond.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
HRC was a wonderful experience for me. We started contact in December 2020 and by June I am expecting my little one . I was given a calendar to follow and someone was always available to help if I needed it. They made sure I received each of my medications on time and also made sure that I knew how to use each of them correctly. All in all, They did their best to make my experience positive and stress free.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility.
My costs were 11550 total
Describe Mickey Coffler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We elected set because he felt it would be a better choice for me.

2020, Unsuccessful
The doctor’s [Dr. Wilcox] approach is a one size fits all method. Throughout the 3 rounds of IVF, he did not bother changing the medication for any of those rounds. Even after 2 of the cycles resulted in identical failed outcomes that followed the same recipe, he chose to only slightly change the dosage on one of the medications...Throughout the treatment, he was dismissive of my questions and continued to use statistics to justify his dismissive attitude...
The staff [at HRC Fertility] was friendly and helpful. However, it was apparent that they were understaffed. There were a few times where I was left in a waiting room (or left in the hallway) after an exam for awhile before a nurse came to meet with me...During one IVF round, the nurse did not order one of my medications in time and I actually ran out of it...The billing department lost records of previous invoices....
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Summary: I would NOT recommend going to Dr Wilcox at HRC for your fertility treatment, as I had a disappointing and demoralizing experience with him. Note: This review is solely for Dr John Wilcox and does not reflect the other doctors at the HRC Fertility clinic. Background: I had 3 unsuccessful rounds of IVF (2 that went through an egg retrieval and 1 that did not even make it that far). I waited a year to write this review because I wanted to be absolutely sure that the disappointing experience was valid and not marred from the failed results. I wanted to wait and compare the behavior with my other doctor to be absolutely sure that this wasn’t behavior that was common or considered normal. I can assure you that it is not. I ended up going to another clinic, and am now pregnant. I just wish I didn’t have to go through the painful journey with Dr Wilcox beforehand. I hope this feedback will help others avoid my mistake, and save themselves heartache and a huge financial loss. Problem #1: One size fits all approach The doctor’s approach is a one size fits all method. Throughout the 3 rounds of IVF, he did not bother changing the medication for any of those rounds. Even after 2 of the cycles resulted in identical failed outcomes that followed the same recipe, he chose to only slightly change the dosage on one of the medications. I also asked him about changing the medication, which he dismissed and chose to stick to his [continued unsuccessful] method. By the way, the 2nd round didn’t even make it to the egg retrieval stage. One example of the unchanging and failed recipe: Dr Wilcox had me start every cycle with 2 weeks on birth control. Come to find (per my new doctor at a different fertility clinic) that birth control can actually slow down the growth of follicles too much for those who are sensitive to birth control AND that the birth control method is actually for the benefit of the doctor not the patient. It allows the doctor to control the timing of a woman’s cycle, rather than follow the natural cycle. (Dr Wilcox never explained this to me, btw) Problem #2: Poor bedside manner Throughout the treatment, the doctor was dismissive of my questions and continued to use statistics to justify his dismissive attitude. (I.e., when I asked him why the medications were not changed after the first and second failed attempt, he told me that his approach works for the ‘majority’ of his clients and if it failed for me then that must mean statistically I do not have a good chance of getting pregnant anyways.) His stance was that since my results were not successful based on his [one size fits all] treatment, the odds of me getting pregnant were slim to none. He told me straight up that I had <1% of getting pregnant by the 2nd cycle. He also mentioned to me after my first round, that HRC’s policy was to only allow 3 rounds per person before they stop treatment. (They would only continue treatment if the person opts for a donor egg.) Problem #3: Understaffed The staff was friendly and helpful. However, it was apparent that they were understaffed. There were a few times where I was left in a waiting room (or left in the hallway) after an exam for awhile before a nurse came to meet with me. During one IVF round, the nurse did not order one of my medications in time and I actually ran out of it. When I let the staff know that I ran out and I needed to get a refill ASAP, Dr Wilcox emailed me and said that it was ok that I skip a few days because it doesn’t really make much of a difference. Nice to know that they prescribed me medication (that was quite expensive) that ‘didn’t do much’. Problem #4: Runs like a business The office is really nice and comfortable. The waiting lounge feels spa-like and I know they recently moved into a new space since I left. HRC looks like a very profitable business, and Dr Wilcox manages that business very well. Throughout my IVF experience with him, I felt like he was handling my fertility treatment very much like a business. With the one size fits all treatment, the policy of no more than 3 rounds, and immediate referral to egg donor after the first round, I felt like he was churning me through the fertility factory and trying to get me out as soon as possible so the next customer can get in line. In my final IVF round with HRC, he confirmed that I only had one follicle that was mature enough to retrieve. (Yes, only ONE) He told me to go ahead with the egg retrieval surgery anyways. For those of you who are not familiar with that procedure, the patient undergoes general anesthesia and the procedure is invasive. Dr Wilcox had me go through that procedure for ONE follicle, which has a very low chance of success. I didn’t realize how unethical it was for him to do that, until I went to the new clinic and the multiple doctors there said that they would never recommend a patient to go through a retrieval with only one follicle. This just further confirmed that he does not treat patients like human beings. Conclusion: If you are looking to get fertility treatment, please go to another doctor. You will not get the experience you need nor deserve with Dr Wilcox. Luckily for me, my insurance covered majority of my treatments so I was financially able to continue with another doctor and now I am pregnant. However, I know for a fact that if I didn’t have insurance, I would have spent my savings on this horrendous experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Go to another doctor. If you've already committed, then do A LOT of research on your own. I would ask about alternative medication (especially to the birth control pills they prescribe) and alternative hormone medication. There are hormone medications that are covered by insurance and ones that are not. Ask your insurance and TELL (don't ask) him that is what you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Throughout my IVF experience with Dr Wilcox, I felt like he was handling my fertility treatment very much like a business. With the one size fits all treatment, the policy of no more than 3 rounds, and immediate referral to egg donor after the first round, I felt that he was churning me through the fertility factory and trying get me out as soon as possible, so the next customer can get in line. Throughout the treatment, he was dismissive of my questions and continued to use statistics to justify his dismissive attitude. (I.e., when I asked him why the medications were not changed after the first and second failed attempt, he told me that his approach works for the ‘majority’ of his clients and if it failed for me then that must mean statistically I do not have a good chance of getting pregnant anyways.)
Describe the protocols John Wilcox used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Round 1: I started with birth control pill for 7 days. Then they had me take [daily] 25ml of Omnitrope injections, 300 IU of Gonal injections for first couple of days, then increased dosage to 450 IU, and Clomid pills for about a week and a half. Gonal dosage increased because the follicles were not growing quickly enough. (The # of days of hormone treatment also differed slightly for each round depending on the follicle growth each time.) Dr Wilcox was waiting until the follicles reached an average of 20-23 mm. I used Pregnyl as the trigger shot 2 days before the egg retrieval. Results were one egg retrieved with failed fertilization even though they were monitoring 3 eggs. Round 2: Same birth control for 7 days. Then 25ml of Omnitrope injections, 450 IU of Gonal injections and Clomid pills for only 4 days because my follicles were growing unevenly so they stopped treatment mid-way. Result: No egg retrieval. Round 3: Same birth control for 7 days. Then 25ml of Omnitrope, 450 IU of Gonal for first 4 days then increased to 525 IU, and Clomid. Again, the follicle were not growing quickly enough. Pregnyl for trigger then retrieval. Doctor continued to try to hit the 20-23 mm follicle size. Results: Retrieved one egg (doctor knew there was only one egg). Egg degenerated a couple of days after retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Gladdys D. Caspellan)
The staff was friendly and helpful. However, it was apparent that they were understaffed. There were a few times where I was left in a waiting room (or left in the hallway) after an exam for awhile before a nurse came to meet with me. During one (of 3) of the IVF rounds, the nurse did not order one of my medications (omnitrope) in time and I actually ran out of it in the middle of treatment. When I let the staff know that I needed to get a refill ASAP, Dr Wilcox emailed me and said that it was ok that I skip a few days because it did not really make much of a difference. Nice to know that they prescribed me medication (that was quite expensive) that ‘didn’t do much’. My coordinator was sweet but she was not very responsive. She called me a couple of times in the beginning of my first round but then I never really heard from her afterwards. I mostly spoke or emailed with the nurses directly. And when I had billing questions, I had to work directly with the billing department.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Strengths: The nurses who took my blood sample during every visit were pros at it. Seemingly painless and minimal bruising. Weaknesses: Clinic was super busy with understaffed nurses. Don't except to get a lot of attention here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Wilcox at HRC Fertility.
Thankfully, my insurance covered most of the services. There were a few medications that my insurance did not cover, like Omnitrope and Pregnyl.
What specific things went wrong at HRC Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at HRC Fertility.
During one IVF round, the nurse did not order one of my medications in time and I actually ran out of it. When I let the staff know that I ran out and I needed to get a refill ASAP, Dr Wilcox emailed me and said that it was ok that I skip a few days because it doesn’t really make much of a difference. The billing department lost records of previous invoices. I got an invoice recently (in 2021) for services in 2020. Unfortunately, my FSA does not cover services from prior years so I had to pay out of pocket. They also double billed my insurance for the same services in 2020. Thankfully I researched each service (and kept track of them in my own excel spreadsheet) so I noticed it right away. The billing dept actually admitted that the prior team that handled the bills lost paperwork.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kolb has a calm energy. He performed all ultrasounds and made himself available afterwards for as long as I needed and answered many questions very patiently...very realistic and communicated well what I could realistically expect. He was compassionate and used a protocol that he thought would yield the best results...did a mini I.V.F. with lower doses of medication due to not having a surplus of follicles. It was a very gentle approach and my body responded well. I also used I.C.S.I. with the idea that perhaps my follicles would be firm. I don't think it was necessary, as I had better success at another clinic without it....
You will be assigned a nurse [at HRC Fertility] for your calendar and most communication will be through them. Make sure you understand everything before you go home. It's not always easy to get in touch with them and sometimes you will be passed off to someone else who may not know your situation that well...nurses were very compassionate and personable, which is really important to me. They were mostly knowledgable. I saw different ones and sometimes the information was not consistent....
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Kolb was very realistic and communicated well what I could realistically expect. He was compassionate and used a protocol that he thought would yield the best results. I had previously opted to do 3 rounds of I.V.F. with plans to test the embryos after the final round. All of my eggs fertilized, and zero made it to blast. After this, Dr. Kolb suggested the next retrieval be a 3 day transfer. Since there was no male factor issues or anatomy issues on my part, I asked to do an I.U.I. For me, it was a more economical and logical choice since nothing done, including I.C.S.I. had changed the outcome. In my mind, it was find the lucky egg. So, we started that process. My body had responded well to meds previously, but was not during the I.U.I., so he increased the meds. The next time I went in, all of my follicles "disappeared". I did 3 consults with 3 different doctors after that and submitted all records and each of them said I had probably ovulated early. I really liked Dr. Kolb and found him to be otherwise very competent. I did move on to another Dr. however.
I did a mini I.V.F. with lower doses of medication due to not having a surplus of follicles. It was a very gentle approach and my body responded well. I also used I.C.S.I. with the idea that perhaps my follicles would be firm. I don't think it was necessary, as I had better success at another clinic without it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
The nurses were very compassionate and personable, which is really important to me. They were mostly knowledgable. I saw different ones and sometimes the information was not consistent.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They are very friendly and sweet. You will be assigned a nurse for your calendar and most communication will be through them. Make sure you understand everything before you go home. It's not always easy to get in touch with them and sometimes you will be passed off to someone else who may not know your situation that well.
Because we were seen just as the pandemic was beginning, and I am guessing many of their international clientele were unable to travel, the price was at a discount. Mini I.V.F was somewhere around 14,000
Pasadena
We did an egg retrieval [with Dr. Robert Boostanfar] on my wife that went beautifully. We then did a mock embryo transfer to ensure that the transfer would go well. He had me on estrogen, an antibiotic, a steroid, progesterone and 3 lipid infusions. I had acupuncture twice on the day of the transfer. They checked my labs weekly and we did about 4 ultrasounds...Just before our 13 week perinatal appointment, we lost the baby and Dr. Boostanfar called us immediately like a family member and has emailed questions for us to ask our OBGYN because this is an extremely rare tragedy in his experience.
The clinic [HRC Fertility] was organized, clean, warm and welcoming. It was easy to access. All the facilities are in one building, which makes everything very easy...Our nurse coordinator, Alina, has become our friend. She wants our family to grow as though it is her family, too. She was reachable and guided us throughout our process and even beyond our 10 weeks...Egg Retrieval: $18,000 Mock Embryo Transfer: $500 Transfer: $5,000 Acupuncture: $400 Lipid Infusions: $500 Medications: $8,000
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is by far the most personable, confident, caring fertility doctor that we have met on our fertility journey. He is creating our family as though he is creating his own family through us. He is trustworthy, honest, approachable and knowledgeable. His goals are our goals and we are clear that he is not giving up on our dream. They are a phenomenal team and I highly suggest them to anyone who has been looking for a determined and kind doctor. We have been trying for 5 years to create our family and we are clear that Dr. Boostanfar will make our dreams a reality. With a hug and kiss on the head he continues to reassure us that my wife and I will have a family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Don't give up. He has your best interest at heart and wants nothing more than to help you grow your family. Listen and Trust. He is on your team and your biggest cheerleader.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Boostanfar is by far the most personable, confident, caring fertility doctor that we have met. He wants us to create our family as though he is creating his own family through us. He is trustworthy, approachable and knowledgeable. His goals are our goals and we are clear that he is not giving up on our dream. His LVN, nursing assistant, Alina, has become our friend. She wants our family to grow as though it is her family, too. She was reachable and guided us throughout our process and even beyond our 10 weeks. They are a phenomenal team and I highly suggest them to anyone who has been looking for a determined and kind doctor. We have been trying for 5 years to create our family and we are clear that Dr. Boostanfar and Alina will make our dreams a reality.
Describe the protocols Robert Boostanfar used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We did an egg retrieval on my wife that went beautifully. We then did a mock embryo transfer to ensure that the transfer would go well. He had me on estrogen, an antibiotic, a steroid, progesterone and 3 lipid infusions. I had acupuncture twice on the day of the transfer. They checked my labs weekly and we did about 4 ultrasounds. The entire team was confident and very happy with the results when we found out we were pregnant. We "graduated" from the clinic and saw our OBGYN for our 12 week check up and everything was going great. Just before our 13 week perinatal appointment, we lost the baby and Dr. Boostanfar called us immediately like a family member and has emailed questions for us to ask our OBGYN because this is an extremely rare tragedy in his experience. He will also do his own testing once my body has healed and is confident in his ability to be successful..
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alina)
Our nurse coordinator, Alina, has become our friend. She wants our family to grow as though it is her family, too. She was reachable and guided us throughout our process and even beyond our 10 weeks. They are a phenomenal team and I highly suggest them to anyone who has been looking for a determined and kind team.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic was organized, clean, warm and welcoming. It was easy to access. All the facilities are in one building, which makes everything very easy. This clinic wasn't pretentious, unlike other locations we've been to with chandeliers and frills. It was simply elegant and made me feel like they were there to do a job and not entice me to come because of glitz and glamour. This process is not glamorous, it requires every ounce of your being and heart and this clinic has that vibe. They are there to make you comfortable and with care, get you and your family what you want.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility.
Describe Robert Boostanfar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We trust his eSET methodology
Encino
Dr. Potter is clearly very intelligent and wants to see you succeed in having a family! He relies on statistics just as much as he relies on what you are saying and feeling...I had a good reaction to all the medication and Dr. potter reviewed my stats daily. He adjusted course when I developed an ovarian cyst and is seeing me through my next cycle...The only true negative about Dr. Potter is that he seems to run late a lot of the time, but if you have that expectation to start, you have nothing to worry about!
The only real downside to the Fullerton office is that you have to pay for parking. There is also one receptionist who isn’t very friendly, but everyone else is amazing to work with and they want to see you succeed...Amanda [nurse at HRC Fertility] is awesome. I think the biggest downside is she seems to have a lot on her plate and like anyone in the medical field she has to triage accordingly, so she can’t always respond right away.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter is clearly very intelligent and wants to see you succeed in having a family! He relies on statistics just as much as he relies on what you are saying and feeling. A lot of his negative reviews say that he has a poor bedside manner, but we actually really like him and are huge fans of how honest he is. He also does a great job explaining things in terms that we can understand! We feel really confident that he will help us achieve our dream of being parents. The only true negative about Dr. Potter is that he seems to run late a lot of the time, but if you have that expectation to start, you have nothing to worry about!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Take his advice and follow his steps exactly. He knows what he’s doing and has done this enough that his experience is going to help you! Trust the process and the plan!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
He just has a lot going on and a specialist in that field cannot get overly invested in their patients because of how hard infertility is on each and every patient! We are still working with him and really believe he will help us get a child!
Describe the protocols Daniel Potter used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I had a good reaction to all the medication and Dr. potter reviewed my stats daily. He adjusted course when I developed an ovarian cyst and is seeing me through my next cycle! I trust him completely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
Amanda is awesome. I think the biggest downside is she seems to have a lot on her plate and like anyone in the medical field she has to triage accordingly, so she can’t always respond right away. Being infertile is hard, but having Amanda as your coordinator helps!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The only real downside to the Fullerton office is that you have to pay for parking. There is also one receptionist who isn’t very friendly, but everyone else is amazing to work with and they want to see you succeed!
Describe Daniel Potter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
He follows the ASRM guidelines and makes recommendations based on that! He wants success for you and first and foremost wants to do know harm. He will help you make the right decision for you!
Fullerton
We only transferred one embryo. He said transferring two is not a good idea unless we had a strong desire for twins...He seems calm, focused and unhurried and gave me all of the attention and time I needed for each visit...The last ultrasound I saw Dr. Potter and he was about 15 minutes late but spent time going over my results and what to expect..
It was busy every time I had an appointment. Most of my monitoring visits were with the ultrasound tech. The phlebotomists were all really good. It was really efficient and I was in and out usually in 30 minutes...We got quick email responses [from the HRC Fertility nurses] to questions usually within an hour but always the same day...It was about $24,000 including meds, pre-testing, anesthesia, and all the IVF fees including the FET cycle,
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Potter was very warm empathetic. He made my husband and I comfortable. I think it helps that he has been through IVF as a patient. He was highly recommended as the Dr with the best success rates and he delivered for us.
Dr. Potter is busy and I had to wait 30 minutes for one of my appointments. It is worth the wait though. He seems calm, focused and unhurried and gave me all of the attention and time I needed for each visit.
The staff and Dr. Potter were warm and friendly. Sr. Potter seemed genuinely interested and invested in me and the outcome of my treatment. Stephannie was good at getting back to me right away when I emailed questions.
Dr. Potter performed a thorough evaluation. He recommended tests that my first doctor did not. I was found to have insulin resistance which was not considered by my first MD or my OB. I was on 1menopur and 150 of Follistim. I took Ganerelix towards the end and triggered with Lupron. We got 17 eggs, 12 fertilized. We had 5 normals after genetic testing. We froze all the embryos and came back the following month. We had excellent embryo quality. We delivered at health boy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephannie)
Stephannie was in contact with me most days during the stimulation. We got quick email responses to questions usually within an hour but always the same day
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
It is a beautiful modern facility. It was clean and well decorated. It was busy every time I had an appointment. Most of my monitoring visits were with the ultrasound tech. The phlebotomists were all really good. It was really efficient and I was in and out usually in 30 minutes. The last ultrasound I saw Dr. Potter and he was about 15 minutes late but spent time going over my results and what to expect. The front desk seemed inexperienced.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility.
It was about $24,000 including meds, pre-testing, anesthesia, and all the IVF fees including the FET cycle, genetic testing of the embryos and freezing. Storage for one year was included.
We only transferred one embryo. He said transferring two is not a good idea unless we had a strong desire for twins. He said that the pregnancy rate was close to 80% with one embryo of the quality we had (5bb).

2020, Unknown Success
If you are looking for more time to talk, more emotional guidance and more hand holding he [Dr. John Wilcox] wouldn’t be the best doctor for that. But I wasn’t looking for that. I want someone experienced, educated and successful at his job. He is professional, polite, precise, efficient...is very clinical, straight forward, factual. There is no time for hand holding. But it’s appreciated on my end because he is focused and precise.
Wonderful experience [at HRC Fertility] on so many levels. This may seem like small details but convenient free parking was a treat. It made visits quick and easy. Most LA facilities don’t have that. Appointments were well scheduled so there were not long wait times. I was mid cycle during the Covid crisis and they immediately took measures to best protect patients and the clinical team. It was very impressive, efficient and well organized.
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
If you are looking for more time to talk, more emotional guidance and more hand holding he wouldn’t be the best doctor for that. But I wasn’t looking for that. I want someone experienced, educated and successful at his job. He is professional, polite, precise, efficient.
You have the whole HRC team to consult with. Each can offer different help and support. Don’t expect everything from your doctor. Use your time with the nurses if you need more support.
JW is very clinical, straight forward, factual. There is no time for hand holding. But it’s appreciated on my end because he is focused and precise.
10 days of Injections 4-5 ultrasounds Retrieval Day It was very easy
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nanette)
They were above and beyond. Every question was answered in person, over the phone and by email. I felt like I had my own personal team working for me. It was incredible
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Wonderful experience on so many levels. This may seem like small details but convenient free parking was a treat. It made visits quick and easy. Most LA facilities don’t have that. Appointments were well scheduled so there were not long wait times. I was mid cycle during the Covid crisis and they immediately took measures to best protect patients and the clinical team. It was very impressive, efficient and well organized.
23,000 for 1 harvest, 1 transfer, ICSI, genetic testing
Describe John Wilcox's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
We have t moved on to transfer yet. We are starting a 2nd harvest to be able to genetically test all together. We will then move on to a single transfer
Pasadena

He [Dr. Kolb] was never available to answer any questions, and he failed to be available to meet our surrogate before IUI...never treated us like we would understand the treatments or procedures, and never answered our questions, even when clearly stated over email. We received clearance for an egg donor who Dr. Kolb claimed passed genetic screening, and we spent thousands of dollars preparing her for a cycle, only for the office to realize that she was a genetic carrier for a terrible disease and they would not harvest eggs from her. There wer
Our experience at this clinic [HRC Fertility] was nothing short of a nightmare. Dr. Kolb never treated us like we would understand the treatments or procedures, and never answered our questions, even when clearly stated over email. We received clearance for an egg donor who Dr. Kolb claimed passed genetic screening, and we spent thousands of dollars preparing her for a cycle, only for the office to realize that she was a genetic carrier for a terrible disease and they would not harvest eggs from her. There were many oversights in this office and a complete lack of patient care and communication. I truly worry about the procedures and protocols in this office.
How was your experience with Bradford Kolb at HRC Fertility?
Our experience at this clinic was nothing short of a nightmare. Dr. Kolb never treated us like we would understand the treatments or procedures, and never answered our questions, even when clearly stated over email. We received clearance for an egg donor who Dr. Kolb claimed passed genetic screening, and we spent thousands of dollars preparing her for a cycle, only for the office to realize that she was a genetic carrier for a terrible disease and they would not harvest eggs from her. There were many oversights in this office and a complete lack of patient care and communication. I truly worry about the procedures and protocols in this office.
Read all of the reviews. Really consider if you want to see this doctor. Look at alternatives.
Dr. Kolb is not respectful of his patients and does not treat them with kindness or compassion. He was never available to answer any questions, and he failed to be available to meet our surrogate before IUI. His staff said he was not available as he was at “lunch with his wife”, when in fact, I witnessed a drug rep taking him out of the office for a meeting.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This clinic has no strengths. The weaknesses are very prevalent. They are not good with communication, billing, or the actual procedures. To any new patient, I would say really research clinics and read as many reviews as possible. If you get a weird feeling meeting with a doctor, trust your gut.
Pasadena

Dr. Chavkin took her time to explain things thoroughly,Shared her own experience with infertility, and even offered what she would do in my circumstances when I asked...I saw her at every appointment, she performed every ultrasound, and I felt confident that she knew what was going on with me and my treatment..
[our HRC Fertility nurse] was always patient, and compassionate. Always reassured me that it was OK to ask questions...Monitoring appointments were extremely convenient, the clinic worked to accommodate my schedule, and I was always able to be seen promptly...For a retrieval cash pay, $15,000 covered the retrieval and genetic testing...
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was always conservative, thorough, and honest. I saw her at every appointment, she performed every ultrasound, and I felt confident that she knew what was going on with me and my treatment
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
That it can take a day or two to get a response from the nurses, so if you have any questions ask them at your appointment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Describe the protocols Diana Chavkin used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
I was on a similar agonist protocol for both retrievals, and on Follistim and Menopur leading up to trigger. Follistim was always around 350, menopur around 150, with slight adjustments throughout the week it’s needed
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Stephanie was always patient, and compassionate. Always reassured me that it was OK to ask questions
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Clinic was great. I never had to wait more than five or 10 minutes to be seen, and was often able to be seen early. This made care extremely convenient. All of the staff remembers you by name, and checked in to see how you were doing.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
Monitoring appointments were extremely convenient, the clinic worked to accommodate my schedule, and I was always able to be seen promptly. I never had to wait more than a few minutes and was generally in and out within a half hour or less
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility.
I had insurance coverage for one retrieval and transfer, so the only cost was the facility fee. This totaled around $3000. For a retrieval cash pay, $15,000 covered the retrieval and genetic testing
West Los Angeles
Potter is straight to the point. There is no fluff in his demeanor or bed side manner. If you have a question, he will answer it straight up. He’s definitely not someone I would recommend to my friends that need more TLC...Because we completed PGS testing, he said if we wanted twins...place two embryos but explained risks...Be ready with your questions when you first meet him and don’t expect fluff
The [HRC Fertility] clinic team made me like they cared for my results genuinely...There’s multiple locations in the area so it was convenient for a working person that needs to get multiple lab draws. The clinics were clean and organized. The doctors aren’t always on site so you don’t have access to them but the care coordinators are always available...[nurse] Amanda has been amazing and genuine. I can’t say enough great things about her.
How was your experience with Daniel Potter at HRC Fertility?
Be ready with your questions when you first meet him and don’t expect fluff
The clinic team made me like they cared for my results genuinely
For my first cycle, we were going for a fresh embryo transfer. We didn’t know any better and Dr. Potter felt like we were good candidates since it was male infertility factor. The clinic was able to perform PGS testing prior to transferring the embryo which is something not a lot of clinics can offer. For my FET, I was on lupron for 21 days prior to starting estradiol and then progesterone IM and suppositories for a week prior to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Seller )
Amanda has been amazing and genuine. I can’t say enough great things about her.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
We received a veterans discount so one full cycle was $12,300 without medications.
Fullerton
He [Dr. Robert Boostanfar] is conservative and prefers not to transfer more than one embryo...He always treated me with dignity and respect, especially when he sensed I was sensitive about my weight. He made me feel completely comfortable and taken care of...was very optimistic, which encouraged us, especially having struggled along this journey for 5 years. He was confident. He was also very careful with my known blood clotting disorder and took every precaution necessary.
My egg retrieval was approximately $22,000 and medications were approximately $7000 [at HRC]. Nothing was covered by my personal medical insurance...The clinic is beautiful, clean and the staff are lovely. The only criticism I have is that the lab technicians open the public doors with gloves on, bring you in, and then draw blood with the same gloves, which are presumably contaminated...I feel like Alina was our private nurse. She responded to emails immediately, was very clear with instructions, always ordered our medications on time and we were never left wondering how to proceed.
How was your experience with Robert Boostanfar at HRC Fertility?
Dr Boostanfar was very optimistic, which encouraged us, especially having struggled along this journey for 5 years. He was confident. He was also very careful with my known blood clotting disorder and took every precaution necessary.
Don't be afraid to ask ANY question.
I was on Menopur, Follistim, and lovenox injections during peak estrogen levels for my Factor V Leiden. I was also given Ganirelix and Pregnyl at certain points during the retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alina Garcia)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
I had my egg retrieval over the holidays and they found times and dates to fit me in around office closures.
My egg retrieval was approximately $22,000 and medications were approximately $7000. Nothing was covered by my personal medical insurance.
He is conservative and prefers not to transfer more than one embryo.
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr Coffler at first seems over confident, after the process of ivf he has every right to be! He is a brilliant doctor! Absolutely the best fertility doctor in our region hands down. He was thorough from beginning to end. He was compassionate to all of our obstacles, and came up with a plan to adjust after our first negative result. Dr Coffler ordered proper testing and catered a plan just for me. I was not part of a mill...was in constant communication with me as far as tests results and obstacles.
[The nurse at HRC] was as important in my fertility success as much as Dr Coffler. She was always available via email. Her response time was under 15 min. You can imagine there are lots of questions Reg medication and all that goes with it. She communicated all I needed to do and gave me clear instructions on testing and medication. As well as reached out to see how I was doing emotionally. I absolutely love her!
How was your experience with Mickey Coffler at HRC Fertility?
Write things down. All questions! There is so much information asked and given that it can be overwhelming to take in.
The staff was welcoming and genuinely cared for my emotional and physical health. Doctor Coffler was in constant communication with me as far as tests results and obstacles.
This lady right here was as important in my fertility success as much as Dr Coffler. She was always available via email. Her response time was under 15 min. You can imagine there are lots of questions Reg medication and all that goes with it. She communicated all I needed to do and gave me clear instructions on testing and medication. As well as reached out to see how I was doing emotionally. I absolutely love her!
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Appointment were all on time. Scheduling appointments was convenient considering I was working full time. The blood draws were painless and exams were pleasant. The girls did their best to make me feel comfortable.
Oceanside
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Peck was wonderful. She was honest about what she knew and didn't know. She was kind and compassionate and I am sure this care will continue throughout our treatment. She was very detailed in our first consultation and evenjhough I forgot most of it, she always was willing to explain it again. She never promised me how many eggs she could retrieve but honest it would be low. She made sure my expectations were realistic at all times.
HRC has it down. They are busy somedays and manage to get everyone it. When I was coming in every other day for my cycle appointment I was never waiting a Long time. Everything was very efficient. I am excited to continue my fertility journey here...First IVF retrieval cycle was $27K. My medication alone was 12K, This did not include transfer.
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Peck is great and kind and she will be honest with you throughout the program.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Peck set realistic expectations from the start of consultation until egg retrieval. She allowed me to ask any questions I needed too and her nurse kept me informed every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Alison Peck used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
We used 300 Follistom, 2 Vials Menopur, and Omnitrope. We increased Follistim to 400 halfway through the stimulations cycle and then went to 3 vials of Menopur the last 3 days. We triggered with Pregnyl and Lepron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Justina )
Everyone at HRC is caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alison Peck at HRC Fertility.
Describe Alison Peck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
I have not gotten to this point yet.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Peck is very friendly, caring, and personable. She listens to your concerns and answers all questions. She uses her best judgement with regards to treatment and timing of transfers etc. She treats you like family!...a good listener and explains everything she is doing. She adjusts the schedule as necessary to guarantee the best outcome. She is very thorough with regards to medication and doesn't jump into any procedures without checking hormone levels or guarantees that machines are working properly.
They [nurses at HRC] were very friendly, kind, understanding and responded to my questions in a timely manner...For two procedures appx $65,000 which included two retrievals and two FET...The clinic is timely with your appointments, the staff is very friendly, clean, and respectful of your time. Parking isn't validated but there is street parking across the street, just pay attention to the days and times where parking is restricted
How was your experience with Alison Peck at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Peck is kind, patient, a good listener and explains everything she is doing. She adjusts the schedule as necessary to guarantee the best outcome. She is very thorough with regards to medication and doesn't jump into any procedures without checking hormone levels or guarantees that machines are working properly.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself
Levothyroxine: hormone level regulation. Estradiol: estrogen level maintenance. Progesterone Injections: progesterone level maintenance. Progesterone suppositories. Baby aspirin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: 2)
They were very friendly, kind, understanding and responded to my questions in a timely manner
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
For two procedures appx $65,000 which included two retrievals and two FET.
Encino
Dr. Ketefian was very thorough and spoke slowly in our 1.5 hour initial consultation. I felt like she never made me feel dumb since this was my first time going through this process. I asked a lot of questions and she answered them all...was patient with me and always transparent and delivered even not so good news with grace and sensitivity..
I was always taken care of even the [HRC Fertility] nurses and the staff at their new location in Pasadena were very friendly and professional. The new clinic is much more spacious and nice and clean. They do not validate for the parking structure so be sure to park on the street or meters! Call beforehand to confirm with them...
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Aline Ketefian was patient with me and always transparent and delivered even not so good news with grace and sensitivity. Sometimes you are not seen right away for your scheduled time, but they keep you updated on timing along the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
I would say, do a cycle of egg freezing here if it is your first time. Also, ask for the early appointments so you're not there all morning and you can get it done with and on with your day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia)
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I was always taken care of even the nurses and the staff at their new location in Pasadena were very friendly and professional. The new clinic is much more spacious and nice and clean. They do not validate for the parking structure so be sure to park on the street or meters! Call beforehand to confirm with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility.
Costs are either billed by insurance or billed by RSA the surgery center
Aline Ketefian
Pasadena
Dr. Chavkin felt as one was a human and not a number as she always addressed me by my name always. She was the one that personally examined me every visit, and always was aware of the medication I was on...[she] was very forth coming about all procedures and expectations meanwhile communicating in a subtle and kind way. Always receives you with a smile..
I personally never had an issue. The entire [HRC Fertility] staff was nothing but kind to me. They always accommodate to my schedule. Always answered all my questions. They always received me with a smile. The office was always clean and organized...We purchased the 25k all inclusive package, though are cost totaled around 30K..
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin was very forth coming about all procedures and expectations meanwhile communicating in a subtle and kind way. Always receives you with a smile. Dr. Chavkin made the process feel safe and comfortable. Dr. Chavkin could sometimes allow for the patient to enjoy the ultrasounds a bit longer and not feel so rushed all the time. Though other than her experience and knowledge makes for a very pleasant experience.
Ask as many questions as you need and she has the best answers and they will put you ease.
Being treated by Dr. Chavkin felt as one was a human and not a number as she always addressed me by my name always. She was the one that personally examined me every visit, and always was aware of the medication I was on.
Overall strategy was putting me on meds for egg retrieval and transfer when the time called for it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Garcia )
On top of everything, detailed, kind, attentive.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I personally never had an issue. The entire staff was nothing but kind to me. They always accommodate to my schedule. Always answered all my questions. They always received me with a smile. The office was always clean and organized.
We purchased the 25k all inclusive package, though are cost totaled around 30K.
Describe Diana Chavkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. John Wilcox] gave us a practical assessment given our current factors. He was blunt to provide the general reality of the situation. I'm happy with his general approach as we just needed the straight facts without trying to eagerly put our hopes too high...a very practical doctor giving the straight facts of the situation. Very cordial while being very trustworthy. He provided us with the right information we needed to move forward with our first cycle.
Very warm and welcoming clinic entrance [at HRC Fertility - Pasadena]. Generally low stress in environment. Very nice lobby and exam rooms. Administration and actual procedure rooms were isolated away. However, those rooms did look appropriate for their function...Dr. Wilcox gave us a practical assessment given our current factors. He was blunt to provide the general reality of the situation. I'm happy with his general approach as we just needed the straight facts without trying to eagerly put our hopes too high.
How was your experience with John Wilcox at HRC Fertility?
Overall, Chris was a very practical doctor giving the straight facts of the situation. Very cordial while being very trustworthy. He provided us with the right information we needed to move forward with our first cycle. We look forward to see where our results will go as we move forward after the Covid quarantine.
Feel free to ask questions! He is very knowledgeable as well as his staff.
Our IVF process so far has been only the egg retrieval and embryo creation of our first cycle. The process consisted of several ultrasounds and blood tests. In terms of hormones, clomid, omnitrope, and gonal were used.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at HRC Fertility.
Very well versed in the field. One was new, but was being trained by a nurse that we had been working with. Very helpful.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Very warm and welcoming clinic entrance. Generally low stress in environment. Very nice lobby and exam rooms. Administration and actual procedure rooms were isolated away. However, those rooms did look appropriate for their function.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at HRC Fertility.
It was a generally oiled machine. A lot of it depended on time of day. If it was critical that a doctor needed to co duct the ultrasound, then they scheduled for mornings. Otherwise, it was scheduled at any part of the day with a nurse practitioner to assist. Kept the wait times rather low. However, there was more traffic in the mornings there.
So far, the costs for service and egg retrieval have been around $11,000 with the inclusion of our insurance.
Have not yet transferred embryos.
Pasadena
Dr. Ketefian took her time with us during each visit, we never felt rushed and she was always patient with us. She also made herself available either by email or phone if we had any questions or concerns that would come up... We met her when we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into and from day one she broke every single thing down for us and answered all of our questions. By the end of that first consult, we were absolute pumped and confident we were making the right decision. It was definitely not an easy journey but she made it bearable. Every interaction with her was positive: She was patient, sweet and always made herself available for us. When things got tough, she shared through our pain and offered alternative ways to approach our situation. Mostly impor
They [staff at HRC Fertility] value their patients time, I never felt like I was kept waiting for long and when it was my turn, I was seen immediately. The clinic was also very clean, organized, and made me feel comfortable...They were very sweet, informative, compassionate and organized...Dr. Ketefian took her time with us during each visit, we never felt rushed and she was always patient with us. She also made herself available either by email or phone if we had any questions or concerns that would come up... We met her when we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into and from day one she broke every single thing down for us and answered all of our questions. By the end of that first consult, we were absolute pumped and confident we were making the right decision. It was definitely not an easy journey but she made it bearable. Every interac
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at HRC Fertility?
To sum it up, Dr. Ketefian was God sent. To break it down, I had Ketefian from the beginning when we started IUI till the end of our IVF journey. We met her when we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into and from day one she broke every single thing down for us and answered all of our questions. By the end of that first consult, we were absolute pumped and confident we were making the right decision. It was definitely not an easy journey but she made it bearable. Every interaction with her was positive: She was patient, sweet and always made herself available for us. When things got tough, she shared through our pain and offered alternative ways to approach our situation. Mostly importantly she never gave up and made sure that we didn’t either. I cannot recommend her enough, I don’t know if we would have lasted as long as we did if it wasn’t for her.
Advice I would give to a prospective patient is that it's okay not to know what questions to ask initially as Dr. Ketefian does a great job explaining what is to be expected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia Cruz)
They were very sweet, informative, compassionate and organized.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
They value their patients time, I never felt like I was kept waiting for long and when it was my turn, I was seen immediately. The clinic was also very clean, organized, and made me feel comfortable.
Aline Ketefian
Pasadena

Thank you Dr. Frederick for your kindness and attention throughout my treatment. I appreciated your gentle manner in providing treatment and recommendations...The process was scary at first but Dr. Frederick and her team were so calm, patient, and supportive throughout our journey...[she] was always on call and always available to answer any questions that we had...
This process [at HRC Fertility] seemed scary at first, but Dr. Frederick and her team walked us through everything and made sure we were comfortable. She is a great communicator and very thorough in her consultation and routine visits...Insurance was able to cover some costs. The other costs were what I expected..
How was your experience with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Thank you Dr. Frederick for your kindness and attention throughout my treatment. I appreciated your gentle manner in providing treatment and recommendations. Your patients are lucky to have you! Thank you again for everything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Highly recommend!! She made me feel comfortable and safe and ultimately was the only doctor who could help us achieve our goals. The process was scary at first but Dr. Frederick and her team were so calm, patient, and supportive throughout our journey. We are forever grateful for you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility?
Everyone has been great! Wonderful experience all around. Dr. Frederick and her team are phenomenal! We have thoroughly appreciated the time and care that all staff have provided. She was very patient with us through the entire process.
Describe the protocols Jane Frederick used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
The process was easy and the time flew by. Dr. Frederick was always on call and always available to answer any questions that we had.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
This process seemed scary at first, but Dr. Frederick and her team walked us through everything and made sure we were comfortable. She is a great communicator and very thorough in her consultation and routine visits. I trust Dr. Frederick and highly recommend her.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jane Frederick at HRC Fertility.
Insurance was able to cover some costs. The other costs were what I expected. You can't put a price on high quality health care from a top doctor.
Describe Jane Frederick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Jane Frederick