Huntsville Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
20 Hughes Road,
Madison, AL 35758
256.213.2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Huntsville Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 8Neutral: 4Don't recommend: 47.8
1 doctor
2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
They're [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine-Madison] very clear about what your options are financially, options to help when available and I never had any trouble at all with the office. They're great! I only know one nurse that's still there, but I can't see Dr. Harper hiring a bad one. This is a place where they care about their patients, and whether the end result is a pregnancy, or referral for adoption, or finding closure another way, they will go with you for every step.
2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They're very clear about what your options are financially, options to help when available and I never had any trouble at all with the office. They're great! I only know one nurse that's still there, but I can't see Dr. Harper hiring a bad one. This is a place where they care about their patients, and whether the end result is a pregnancy, or referral for adoption, or finding closure another way, they will go with you for every step.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I'm a biochemist. Dr. Harper not only talked to me like a respected patient, but like an educated colleague, too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Christine was a great personality match for me! She listened to what I had to say and always answered my questions. My kids are in kindergarten now and we're still in touch.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
He can be very technical and some people can be overwhelmed by that. Personally, it suited me quite well. The thing that stands out most to me was that after my children were born, I started having autoimmune symptoms that my ob/gyn did not take seriously. Dr. Harper not only helped me get officially diagnosed with an NIH list of rare diseases disorder, but he was there every step helping me find treatment options that worked for me and he never let me feel that I was on my own or that my problems were not important. He may be an adorkable quiet guy with a lot of big words, but he cares about every family that walks in his door and while he's not very openly emotional, his actions will show you how much he cares and that whatever is happening, he will believe you and help you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. Don't feel intimidated or embarrassed. He's seen it all and he wants to help you.
Describe the protocols Andrew Harper used in your cycles at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did lupron IVF protocol for 15 eggs, 9 embryos, 3 that were viable at transfer, 2 transferred and the last one did not make it to cryo. I carried twins to 37 weeks. I don't recall all the various drugs and dosages anymore of the things that didn't work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Approximately $20,000 for two retrievals and associated IVF costs.
Describe Andrew Harper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They did a great job talking to us about the options. We had three, transferred two and the last one never looked great and didn't make it to cryo. I surprised myself by grieving for that last embryo, and both Dr. Harper and the nursing staff were supportive when I needed it.
Madison
Every Nurse at Dr. Harper's office is great. They show compassion and are very upbeat and positive. They get back with me in a timely manner and are very prompt. They are informative in person and over the phone...Each IUI cost me $295 out of pocket because my insurance covers NOTHING!! My IVF cost with meds and procedure $12K...They all are very helpful and do what they can to give you good information of what the Dr. had to say...
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They all are very helpful and do what they can to give you good information of what the Dr. had to say. I wish I would be able to talk personally with Dr. Harper myself instead of making an appt. To see him.
We have met with Dr. Harper 2x and he was thorough. Sometimes he talked above our heads though. The nursing staff is excellent and has always made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation and with my last IUI Dr. Harper had left for the day but the 2 nurses that did the IUI had trouble finding my cervix and had to call Dr. Harper. He was an hour away but was helpful in helping them find it. It took longer than any of my other IUIs and caused a little bit of pain. Joan my nurse gave me 3 Tylenol and a glass of water before I left.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joan or Jennifer )
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper is a very educated man but did kinda talk above our understanding. He did answer our questions but sometimes used technical terms that we were not familiar with. Before meeting Dr. Harper we meet with the Nurse practitioner, she was very kind and talked more on our level.
Be open to all possibilities. Have an understanding before you walk in there of what might happen and what will happen. Have your questions ready and prepared so you are not caught off guard by one of his answers or his questions.
He told us it was on my end because of the laparoscopy results from my gynecologist. We would do at least 3 IUIs and if they failed we would have a meeting with him to discuss IVF. We had our meeting after our 3rd IUI and discussed IVF. I'm a Type 1 diabetic so he said my A1c had to be at a certain number and my endocrinologist had to be the ultimate one to determine if my A1c was at a good level before he would do anything. My husband and I were the ones to decide to do the 4th IUI before we went on to IVF.
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
I can't say enough about how wonderful Dr. Harper's nursing staff is. Chelsea is organized & prompt. I truely feel that I can approach her with any concern. She has become a friend during this process. I believe my experience at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine has been so positive largely in part due to the nursing staff... The billing and front desk would be my only complaint. I have experienced unnecessary stress due to billing at this office. Every instance was a mistake made by the billing department. The front desk person is often unfriendly.
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I feel like a human, because I truely feel that they long for my husband and I to have a successful pregnancy just as we do. He conveys his concern for our wellbeing and is always happy to meet with us if we have concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper is kind & quiet. He has been forthcoming about the obstacles at hand, but has always delivered the truth eloquently. I do not see Dr. Harper at every visit. I do not feel that it would be necessary to do so. Dr. Harper has always been willing to meet with my husband and I to discuss any change in treatment, medication, or concerns.
I began treament with oral Femera. After 3 failed cycles, we began IUI. The first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the 3 following resulted in 3 negative pregnancy tests. I had a exploratory lap after the 3rd failed IUI. Dr. Harper found mild endometriosis and confirmed a unicornuate uterus. After the 4th failed IUI, we decided to began IVF. I have had 1 egg retrieval resulting in 7 eggs retrieved. 3 eggs survived. We transferred 1 embryo 5 days after the retrieval, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I have had 2 frozen transfers, both of which resulted in negative pregnancy tests.
Our insurance only covers up until diagnosis. It does not cover any type of treatment. The IUI procedure cost was approximately $300, not including medication costs. We opted for a shared risk IVF program. We paid approximately $16,000, not including medication, for treatment over the next 3 years or 6 fresh cycles.
Dr. Harper has recommended single embryo transfers at this time due to the nature of my uterus (very small, limited room).
2014 - 2017
The nursing staff [at Huntsville Reproductive Med] was amazing. Chelsea always made sure I understood the treatment coarse. She emailed and called me with updates. She was compassionate and empathetic. She was with me every step of the way with hugs and encouragement. She was the shoulder I need to cry on when things didn't go well and she always was pulling for us.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk was a weakness they have a high turn over rate and one secretary wasn't very friendly and that's something you need when you are struggling. Strengths are that they were quick at finding appointment times and very informative when asking questions.
I felt like Dr.Harper knew our case and wanted to do whatever to help us make our plans come true. Even though we weren't successful in our treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea Evans)
The nursing staff was amazing. Chelsea always made sure I understood the treatment coarse. She emailed and called me with updates. She was compassionate and empathetic. She was with me every step of the way with hugs and encouragement. She was the shoulder I need to cry on when things didn't go well and she always was pulling for us.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Strengths are that he is very knowledgeable about fertility actions and treatments. Weaknesses are that he talks over patients heads. I'm a nurse so I knew most of what he was talking about but my husband isn't medical and didn't understand everything. We did wish that we would have seen Dr. Harper more often but after our miscarriage and failed IVF and transfers he did call us and was more involved with our case.
Be prepared with questions and you may have to ask the nurses to explain things to you to better understand.
So our fertility issues are male factor. My husband had Hodgkins Lymphoma and the chemotherapy caused him to have a low sperm count and low motility. Our treatment plan was that we'd have only a 1% chance to get pregnant naturally and a 3% with IUI and 70-80% chance with IVF. We began with 3 IUI treatments using ovadril and one time we used clomid. All of the IUIs failed so we saved up our money to do IVF. We did an Fresh IVF transfer cycle. During retrieval we got 23 eggs, 4 fertilized, one didn't make it to day 5 and initially we transferred 2. We miscarried early on with the twins. Then we proceeded with a possible frozen transfer with our one embryo left. I took lupron and estrogen. However the week before I was to do the transfer I started bleeding like a period and we could no longer do the transfer. So we took a break saved up money and did another trial at the frozen transfer. We transferred the embryo and two weeks later we found out that it did not work. Our next choice is to do another round of IVF.
Cost of IUI's were between 300-600 each. Then IVF cycle was $9000 and transfer was about $1000
Our dr told us to only transfer one embryo however we decided to transfer two initially of the three that we had.
Madison
As a new patient I was shocked of how busy they [Hunt Repro Med] were! Although the waiting room always seems full, they never keep you waiting too long. It is very easy to setup appointments and pay. The clinic is very well kept and clean...I have worked with many of the nurses (Chelsea, Joan, Jennifer and Brittany who draws the blood) and they are all amazing! They all make you feel like you are their only patient and so compassionate. Chelsea is my nurse and she is fantastic at explaining anything I don't understand. She is also very responsive, she always calls or emails me back quickly.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
As a new patient I was shocked of how busy they were! Although the waiting room always seems full, they never keep you waiting too long. It is very easy to setup appointments and pay. The clinic is very well kept and clean.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
You mainly see the nurses who are all very personable and caring. However, whenever there seems to be something wrong Dr. Davenport always came in (he did 3 of my 6 IUIs). He also made time to sit down and talk with us whenever we asked. He also made the calls when the news wasn't good, he never made the nurses deliver bad news.
How was your experience with Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davenport is very caring. He always asks how you are doing, and then says "ok, and how are you REALLY doing emotionally". He always explains things well, and does put it in simpler terms when I don't understand. He has now left the practice, and unfortunately I did not get any feedback from him on our failed IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
If you don't understand just ASK, he will find a way for you to understand. Also even though he is a doctor he doesn't know what your body feels, so if something feels off (I ovulated early on 3 cycles), call and tell your nurse, they will listen and adjust if needed.
Describe the protocols Brett Davenport used in your cycles at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was 28, and my husband and I had been trying for 1 year. He put me on 50mg of clomid and did my 1st IUI. We did 3 IUI's, then decided to do the laparoscopy to see if I had Endometriosis. He wasn't expecting that I would have it (even though I showed many of the signs), but I did....everywhere so he removed it. We then tried 3 more IUI's, and then opted for IVF. Since I always ovulated more than one egg with Clomid we went conservative with the dosage of Gonal-F (150units) and Menopur (75units), but that only produced 4 follicles so we opted to do an IUI instead. My second round at IVF we started with 300 units of Gonal-F (lowered to 200 units half way trough) and 75 units of Menopur. I produced 8 follicles this time, and we retrieved 6 mature eggs. 5 fertilized, but 3 stalled at day 3. We implanted both embryos on day 5, but unfortunately they failed. Dr. Davenport left the practice following my IVF so I never got feedback on what the issue could have been. That was disappointing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I had Aetna PPO for all of my IUI's and the each costs $500 with the procedure and medicine. I talked to Dr. Davenport when I was changing insurances and he told me to look for one that covered injectable meds...best advice ever! For the IVF I had BCBS of Alabama Gold and it cost about $8000 for the procedure and I paid only $300 for my meds thanks to his advice. The injectables typically cost $4000.
Madison
As a new patient [at Hunt Repro Med] I was shocked of how busy they were! Although the waiting room always seems full, they never keep you waiting too long. It is very easy to setup appointments and pay. The clinic is very well kept and clean...I have worked with many of the nurses (Chelsea, Joan, Jennifer and Brittany who draws the blood) and they are all amazing! They all make you feel like you are their only patient and so compassionate. Chelsea is my nurse and she is fantastic at explaining anything I don't understand. She is also very responsive, she always calls or emails me back quickly...
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Davenport is very caring. He always asks how you are doing, and then says "ok, and how are you REALLY doing emotionally". He always explains things well, and does put it in simpler terms when I don't understand. My first IVF attempt did not go well, I only produced 4 eggs so we cancelled and just did an IUI. This round he changed my dosage and that is all, so time will tell if this adjustment works.
If you don't understand just ASK, he will find a way for you to understand. Also even though he is a doctor he doesn't know what your body feels, so if something feels off (i ovulated early on 3 cycles), call and tell your nurse, they will listen and adjust if needed.
I was 28, and my husband and I had been trying for 1 year. We had taken a "at home fertility" test, mine came back normal but my husband's did not (Dr. Davenport laughed at this, apparently at home test are NOT reliable for men at all). Turns out my husband it fine and I am the problem. He put be on 50mg of clomid and did my 1st IUI. We did 3 IUI's, then decided to do the laparoscopy to see if I had Endometriosis. He wasn't expecting that I would have it (even though I showed many of the signs), but I did....everywhere so he removed it. We then tried 3 more IUI's, and then opted for IVF. Since I always ovulated more than one egg with Clomid we went conservative with the dosage of Gonal-F (150units) and Menopur (75units), but that only produced 4 follicles so we opted to do an IUI instead. I will start my next try at IVF next week, and they are starting me with 300 units of Gonal-F and 75 units of Menopur. We will see how this one turns out!
Madison
Nursing staff [at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] was amazing and honestly why we stayed as long as we did. I didn't love not knowing which of the 3 I would have. Felt the most comfortable with Chelsea and Jennifer....The nurses were great but Dr. Harper is very robotic and does not seem comfortable interacting with people....We did a total of 3 cycles and protocol was never adjusted whatsoever. Just kept plugging away and doing the same thing each time with the same negative result
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The front office staff leaves something to be desired. During the course of one of our IUIs we literally had to reschedule my husband's collection 4 times. I finally informed them the last time they called to reschedule it that we would not be changing it again. The billing information is not very well conveyed to the patients so sometimes there are some surprises.
Nursing staff was amazing and honestly why we stayed as long as we did. I didn't love not knowing which of the 3 I would have. Felt the most comfortable with Chelsea and Jennifer.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I was very impressed with Dr. Harper at our initial visit. He very thoroughly explained our course of action and for the most part answered our questions. He did however dismiss a particular concern I had and essentially told us there was no way that was a problem for us. I only saw him 2 other times, once at my first scan appointment and again after a laparoscopy for maybe 30 seconds. He is very awkward and if you are looking for warm and fuzzy from your doctor go elsewhere. We did a total of 3 cycles and protocol was never adjusted whatsoever. Just kept plugging away and doing the same thing each time with the same negative result.
I believe Dr. Harper is a good doctor and if you're interested in IVF then he's your guy.
3 cycles with Letrazole days 3-7 and an ovidrel trigger 2 days before IUI. monitoring on CD 3 and 10 and then again later if not close on day 10. No other blood work or monitoring after IUI just call with period or positive test.
No charge for office visits unless the doctor was present which was never. IUI was $300.
Madison
My assigned nurse [at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] rarely saw me. Some of my appointments were scheduled during times she couldn't be there. So I saw someone different every time...The nurses or Dr. Harper wouldn't see anyone on the weekend. They would give drugs to delay ovulation so that my IUIs could happen during the week. My blood work was always different from the ultrasound information. If my ultrasound indicated ovulation but my blood work did not, they relied on my blood work. Therefore, they did every IUI a day or two early or late. I told them every time that they can't rely just on my blood work (per my past experience and conversations with my first and more caring doctor). The nurses kept telling me I was wrong. Three failed IUIs and they simply kept increasing the dosage of my medicine.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Office staff never engaged in conversation, they never knew my name unless they were looking at my paperwork, and only interacted with me when I needed to sign the bill. They cared about their money. They did not care about their patients or what we were going through.
I felt like a number because I NEVER saw Dr. Harper except for my initial visit which was a meeting with him. He did not examine me. He asked me questions and that was it. His office staff never knew who I was, I was assigned a nurse but that nurse changed with each visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
My assigned nurse rarely saw me. Some of my appointments were scheduled during times she couldn't be there. So I saw someone different every time.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I saw him for my first visit which was simply a meeting. He did not examine me, he only asked questions about my history. I was in his office twice a month for blood work and exams, I NEVER saw him at those visits. I saw him after one year and I had to request to see him. Upon my request, it took a week for me to schedule a time. I was told I am not priority since I'm already a patient and his nurses handle patient concerns and then relay messages to him. When I finally met with him, he did not conduct an examination, we met in his office to discuss my concerns which was 3 failed IUIs and never seeing him. He told me he doesn't have time to go to every patient exam and his nurses update him.
Drive out of Huntsville and see someone who actually cares about you.
Clomid, clomid, and more clomid. Increase the dosage and if that doesn't work, increase it more. Then injectables and when that didn't work, they just kept increasing the dosage. 3 failed IUIs because they would do them at the wrong time. They never saw anyone on the weekend.
Madison
I have yet to experience any flaws in the office.other than there was a mix up of trying to charge me my insurance deductible up front,but my insurance company spoke with them [Huntsville Reproductive Med] and got it all straightened out.... Chelsea has been amazing. Whether I came in on a great mood or absolutely horrible mood she always takes time to chit chat about how I'm feeling,how things are going outside of Infertility
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I have yet to experience any flaws in the office.other than there was a mix up of trying to charge me my insurance deductible up front,but my insurance company spoke with them and got it all straightened out.
He always takes the time to sit and explain where we are In the cycle, what to expect, and thoroughly answer any questions I have.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Harper has been a big help in our journey. I know he can't work miracles and get us all pregnant, but he remains hopeful that he will get us there with our remaining embryos. I have felt every disappointment there has been with each negative cycle. He has been there to explain my options, what to expect, the different outcomes.
He Will listen to all of your concerns.
We have tried oral meds, injectables with iui.Our Ivf cycle we went with 150 gonal F adjusted thru cycle along with Menopur. They were able to retrieve 21 eggs
All labs,ultrasounds,visits were covered by insurance. Insurance covers no oil or ivf. We paid $295/iui's. We did 7 iui's. 1 ivf cycle was around 8500.we pd out of pocket plus around $1000 for the meds
Madison
Lynne [a nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] is who I started with and she was awesome. Very patient and very communicative. Ive been with Joan the last few times and what a blessing she is!!! So sensitive and feels like such a friend through the whole thing!!!... Some front office staff are wonderful. Some are miserable at their job. I feel front office staff in a facility for fertility should have some compassion and patience.. Dr. Harper is wonderful on thr clinical side anf his nursing staff is incredible!!!
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
He explained everything thoroughly and was sympathetic to my plight.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lynne and Joan)
Lynne is who I started with and she was awesome. Very patient and very communicative. Ive been with Joan the last few times and what a blessing she is!!! So sensitive and feels like such a friend through the whole thing!!!
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper explains all things very clinically but is very open to the questions that we had. I did have to ask for further explanation from his nursing staff in a way that broke it down step by step but he is very good.
Be patient. Lets face it the nurses are the one who handle all medical care during any type of medical visit. They always say the nurses wont kill you thats the doctor's job. So while Dr. Harper may be in on it the nurses are thr hands on ones who are gonna knock you up.
3 months of Clomid. 3 months of letrazole. Ovidrel shots until I began to ovulate on my own!! 6 you procedures.
My insurance covers 80% plus most of my meds so my cost wasn't too bad.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
It [Hunt Reproductive Medicine] is very easy to find. It's very clean and well maintained. Their equipment is new and we'll kept...[Nurse] Chelsea has seen me through every step of the process. She brought me into the office for a very detailed injectables training session. She is friendly and comforting....The dr [Dr. Harper] and staff are very accessible. They answer all questions. Very friendly and knowledgeable....Iui is $295. IVF is $7995...
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
It is very easy to find. It's very clean and well maintained. Their equipment is new and we'll kept.
The dr and staff are very accessible. They answer all questions. Very friendly and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper seems extremely knowledgeable about his field of medicine. He took me as a patient when my other dr left the clinic. The durst time I meet dr. Harper, he knew everything about my situation. He had studied my chart well. I am confident in him at this point.
Be patient. He stumbles over his words sometimes. It just seems that he has so much that he wants to share with you, that it takes a while to get to the point
Dr. Harper took over my case in the middle of my last cycle. He performed my 2nd IUI. Now we are getting ready for our 1st IVF.he has prescribed 225 units of gonal-f, 75 units of menopur and 81mg baby aspirin to start with. I will be adding cetrotide into the mix eventually.
Iui is $295. IVF is $7995
My husband and I want to transfer 2 embryos, and Dr harper said that is ok so long as we don't have an aversion to twins, which we don't.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The nurses [at Hunt Repro Med] were all absolutely wonderful. Warm and caring, very responsive to messages and questions...Kind staff, very efficient, great at dealing with delicate parents-to-be...Bloodwork and ultrasounds were covered by insurance (subject to copay), I believe the price for the IUI was $350 or so. Does not include meds, which were covered by my insurance (with copay)...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Kind staff, very efficient, great at dealing with delicate parents-to-be.
His staff is super warm, responsive and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lynn)
The nurses were all absolutely wonderful. Warm and caring, very responsive to messages and questions.
We first saw Dr. Davenport shortly after he joined Huntsville Repro Medicine. He was an excellent listener, very warm and very informative. He gave my husband a hug in the hallway when pregnancy was confirmed! He did some of the ultrasounds himself, and was always super approachable.
Call them now!! They want to see you on cycle day 3, so call before your next period for sure.
We'd done two rounds of unmonitored letrozole with my OB/GYN. We met with Dr. Davenport on CD3, and decided to go straight to IUI. I ovulate fine, but we did clomid to be able to control the timing. 1 round of clomid + 1 ovidrel injection to trigger ovulation. First IUI was successful.
PCOS, Other
I called [Hunstville Reproductive Medicine] after dr. Davenport left and the new dr. Harper took over asking about a different weight loss program bc the one I was on wasn't working anymore. I never heard back from anyone.... The nursing staff was absolutely amazing. They're the only reason I stayed so long.... The only time I really had to pay was when I saw him which didn't happen often
PCOS, Other
He seemed to think that everything that's going on with me is because I'm fat. I did the weight loss stuff lost 56 pounds and yet he still thought I needed to lose more. The doctor I'm seeing now says I shouldn't have any issues because of weight. He's seen too many people 3x my size that were pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer then changed to Joan )
What specific things went wrong at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I didn't really care for him. He acted like everything was my weight. I know I'm over weight but when you only see the dr. Like 3 times in a year and a few months him telling you you're over weight every time kinda upsets me.
Make sure you aren't fat when you see him. He'll think that's the problem for everything.
The only time I really had to pay was when I saw him which didn't happen often
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic itself [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] is small so you are more than just a number. They know you personally. Dr. Davenport and his team and very caring. The only downside is it is sometimes hard to reach them by phone as you have to select different options and they sometimes do not answer....Dr. Davenport and his nurses are great with letting me know up front what to expect.... My insurance covers 80 percent so I do not have to worry about the cost as much.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic itself is small so you are more than just a number. They know you personally. Dr. Davenport and his team and very caring. The only downside is it is sometimes hard to reach them by phone as you have to select different options and they sometimes do not answer.
Dr. Davenport and his nurses are great with letting me know up front what to expect. He answers all my questions as needed.
Dr. Davenport is great. He's very upfront and blunt about what to expect. He tries to get to the bottom of the issue. He seems to really care about his patients. He thinks through what is the best course of treatment.
To not be nervous.
Madison
The nurses [at Hunt Repro Med] are very kind and helpful but I have only seen the doctor once. So to me I feel like more of a number because he won't tell me what's going on just the nurses...They are wonderful and understanding. They learn your name and make conversation with you so you don't feel uncomfortable
The nurses are very kind and helpful but I have only seen the doctor once. So to me I feel like more of a number because he won't tell me what's going on just the nurses
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I saw him the very first day I had an appointment. I was more comfortable with the nurse practitioner than I was with him. I actually know more about her than I do him. She did my IUI not him.
Ask more questions and know what your options are before going into the appointment because you will never seen him, just the nurses
My blood work and ultrasounds were about 200$ for about 2 of them.
2011 - 2015
PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [Huntsville Reproductive Med-Madison] can schedule blood work as early as 7 AM which was great for me because I could go before work and still be on time. They had the results back before mid day and called with instructions on what to do next. They were very flexible and easy to contact when needed.... Dr. Harper was very knowledgeable in his field. He consulted with us in an understandable way. We saw him several times throughout the process. We loved his clinic.
2011 - 2015
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic can schedule blood work as early as 7 AM which was great for me because I could go before work and still be on time. They had the results back before mid day and called with instructions on what to do next. They were very flexible and easy to contact when needed.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper was very knowledgeable in his field. He consulted with us in an understandable way. We saw him several times throughout the process. We loved his clinic. Both transfers we did resulted in pregnancy.
He recommend one embryo because of our our age.