Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
20 Hughes Road,
Madison, AL 35758
256.213.2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Huntsville Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

1 doctor
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
office [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] is really good about working with you for payment plans...The clinic is in the perfect location. It's in Downtown Huntsville so you have plenty of things to do in between appointments or procedures but you are also 5 minutes from Huntsville Hospital. I've never waited more than 15 minutes to be called back (and that's usually because I'm early to appointments)... She always has such a bubbly personality but, like Dr. D, she is very aware of the emotions. Everyone in the office is like that ( Liz and Brie). They celebrate the good with me and then can change gears to be there for me during the bad. No one rushes you out the door because they're extremely busy.
European, Other
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davenport has always treated me more than a patient. He speaks in ways that comforts you even with bad news. Every appointment, he is always greeting me and wants to know how I am doing emotionally before we start any procedure or ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kendra )
Kendra is amazing. She always has such a bubbly personality but, like Dr. D, she is very aware of the emotions. Everyone in the office is like that ( Liz and Brie). They celebrate the good with me and then can change gears to be there for me during the bad. No one rushes you out the door because they're extremely busy.
How was your experience with Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davenport has always been honest with me about what's going on. We came up with a IUI game plan together and we discussed each step. Like I mentioned before, he is always checking to see how I'm feeling. After my chemical pregnancy, I found out the next month we were pregnant. At 6 weeks, we found out we were losing the baby so we had a D&C scheduled. What turned into a routine procedure turned bad within hours. Dr. D was rushed back to the hospital because I had an unknown ectopic pregnancy that had ruptured my right Fallopian tube. Dr. D communicated as best he could to me but I will forever appreciate the way he communicated with my husband, as he watched me coming in and out of consciousness. The way other doctor's talked to him or me was completely different on a whole different emotional level.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Don't be afraid to tell him how you are truly feeling about anything related to a procedure, blood work, etc. He will stop and listen to every concern or doubt you have.
Describe the protocols Brett Davenport used in your cycles at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My first IUI Dr. Davenport only used Clomid. I came in 2-3 times for blood work and ultrasounds to check progression. This was a negative pregnancy test. The second IUi, we continued the Clomid but we added in the trigger shot. I think I took the shot 36 hours before the IUI. *don't remember* This IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We are in our third IUI cycle now and just finished my last 100 mg (I think) of Clomid yesterday. I will find out Friday if a trigger shot or anything else is needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I know my appointments are about a $35 copay but the IUI procedures are not covered by my current insurance. I think it cost $200-$300 each IUI. Dr. Davenport's office is really good about working with you for payment plans.
Describe Brett Davenport's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
We have gone through the IVF consult but I never asked about multiple embryo transfer. I don't think I'm in need to transfer more than 1 embryo and I would personally like to stick with 1.
Madison

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.

2010 - 2019
The main weakness [at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] that I saw but I’m not sure if it’s just me but the receptionist seemed not as organized as needed to be...The nursing staff is amazing! That is who I saw mainly and they seemed to truly care about the patients and listen to any concerns or questions they may have...in the years I have been under [Dr. Harpers'] care I have seen him for two consultations, my 1st dye test, and to go over some stuff when I thought I was having a miscarriage with my first. He is direct and blunt but only out of concern.
2010 - 2019
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The main weakness that I saw but I’m not sure if it’s just me but the receptionist seemed not as organized as needed to be. I was transferring back to HRM from an out of state doctor after not going to HRM for over 3 years. I had to redo paperwork, have my files transferred over, etc. Well, I was told by my nurse that they had not received my records. All I knew to do was resubmit the paperwork. Well my next appointment they still did not have my records. The receptionist then says “oh, I was meaning to call you the number you gave us was wrong.” Ok, cool, but you have Internet (I’ve seen her clothes shopping online) google the name of the doctor, get the number, call, explain the situation and get it done! Other than that, I cannot find any fault with the practice!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea. Joan. )
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper is very knowledgeable in his field so that makes him seem cold and lacking compassion but I think it’s because he has so many thoughts going on in his head about your situation. Now, in the years I have been under his care I have seen him for two consultations, my 1st dye test, and to go over some stuff when I thought I was having a miscarriage with my first. He is direct and blunt but only out of concern. He did say during the first consult that my weight could be a factor in my infertility but he didn’t say it in a judgmental way; it was more of him listing all the reasons why I could be experiencing infertility and my weight was the most obvious one. Overall, Dr. Harper is good at providing a course of treatment for his nurses to relay to the patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to feel like you should be taking notes during the consult but know that he is there working to get you to your dream of having a child.
Describe the protocols Andrew Harper used in your cycles at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
2010-2011: we almost maxed out the recommended rounds for clomid and I did two or theee trigger shots with timed intercourse. I also had a dye test done to check my tubes (no blockage). I got my positive after having the dye test done. 2013-2014: I believe it was clomid and trigger shots. Since it worked before they figured let’s try it again. I got pregnant quicker this time around. 2017: went to another doctor in different state. 2018: did a few rounds of fertility meds. IUI recommended because the meds were not working. IUI unsussesful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They were high and insurance didn’t appear to cover much. The IUI was a flat out-of-pocket fee. Since the procedures didn’t vary much we paid $270/ month this last time (2018). I do not remember paying so much back in 2010-2011 because I was stressed it would cost a lot due to other’s stories but it was not as high as I thought. We also have different insurance this time around, too (Cigna now vs BCBS then).
Madison

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.

2016 - 2019
Accessibility is sometimes an issues. When you are new to the process sometimes things happen after hours. It can be frustrating when the nurses are gone and you are faced with the unexpected. The clinic [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] itself is clean and as inviting as a fertility clinic can be. ... Each IUI is $295. ... I have dealt with the entire nursing staff. They all are very compassionate. I always receive a callback in a timely manner. ...
2016 - 2019
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Accessibility is sometimes an issues. When you are new to the process sometimes things happen after hours. It can be frustrating when the nurses are gone and you are faced with the unexpected. The clinic itself is clean and as inviting as a fertility clinic can be.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I love the nurses. I rarely see Dr. Harper, which is fine with me. However, when I was having complications they all kept in close contact, even after hours
I have dealt with the entire nursing staff. They all are very compassionate. I always receive a callback in a timely manner. Joan took very excellent care of me during my ectopic pregnancy
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper is knowledgeable and very technical. He has laid out all of my options in each situation. He took a less invasive approach during my ectopic pregnancy. Which led to a prolonged recovery. I do think his is caring and soft spoken
Do your own research so that you can have specific questions.
In 2016 we did mostly timed intercourse with a combo of Chlomid and Femara. 2017 we did two IUI. Both with a combo of Chlomid and femara. Most times ive had to do at least 2 rounds of drugs within a cycle. The 1st was negative. The second I also had the trigger shot and became pregnant. It ended in an ectopic pregnancy and the removal of a fallopian tube. I had 2 IUI in the beginning of 2018 that were negative. I've been on a break since May 2018. Working to lose weight and prepare for IVF.
Each IUI is $295. My bloodwork and office visits are covered by insurance. As well as Chlomid and Femara. Trigger shots and other injections were out of pocket. In the amount of $165 and up

2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
They're [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine-Madison] very clear about what your options are financially, options to help when available and I never had any trouble at all with the office. They're great! I only know one nurse that's still there, but I can't see Dr. Harper hiring a bad one. This is a place where they care about their patients, and whether the end result is a pregnancy, or referral for adoption, or finding closure another way, they will go with you for every step.
2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They're very clear about what your options are financially, options to help when available and I never had any trouble at all with the office. They're great! I only know one nurse that's still there, but I can't see Dr. Harper hiring a bad one. This is a place where they care about their patients, and whether the end result is a pregnancy, or referral for adoption, or finding closure another way, they will go with you for every step.
I'm a biochemist. Dr. Harper not only talked to me like a respected patient, but like an educated colleague, too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Christine was a great personality match for me! She listened to what I had to say and always answered my questions. My kids are in kindergarten now and we're still in touch.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
He can be very technical and some people can be overwhelmed by that. Personally, it suited me quite well. The thing that stands out most to me was that after my children were born, I started having autoimmune symptoms that my ob/gyn did not take seriously. Dr. Harper not only helped me get officially diagnosed with an NIH list of rare diseases disorder, but he was there every step helping me find treatment options that worked for me and he never let me feel that I was on my own or that my problems were not important. He may be an adorkable quiet guy with a lot of big words, but he cares about every family that walks in his door and while he's not very openly emotional, his actions will show you how much he cares and that whatever is happening, he will believe you and help you.
Ask questions. Don't feel intimidated or embarrassed. He's seen it all and he wants to help you.
We did lupron IVF protocol for 15 eggs, 9 embryos, 3 that were viable at transfer, 2 transferred and the last one did not make it to cryo. I carried twins to 37 weeks. I don't recall all the various drugs and dosages anymore of the things that didn't work.
Approximately $20,000 for two retrievals and associated IVF costs.
Describe Andrew Harper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They did a great job talking to us about the options. We had three, transferred two and the last one never looked great and didn't make it to cryo. I surprised myself by grieving for that last embryo, and both Dr. Harper and the nursing staff were supportive when I needed it.
Madison

Every Nurse at Dr. Harper's office is great. They show compassion and are very upbeat and positive. They get back with me in a timely manner and are very prompt. They are informative in person and over the phone...Each IUI cost me $295 out of pocket because my insurance covers NOTHING!! My IVF cost with meds and procedure $12K...They all are very helpful and do what they can to give you good information of what the Dr. had to say...
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They all are very helpful and do what they can to give you good information of what the Dr. had to say. I wish I would be able to talk personally with Dr. Harper myself instead of making an appt. To see him.
We have met with Dr. Harper 2x and he was thorough. Sometimes he talked above our heads though. The nursing staff is excellent and has always made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation and with my last IUI Dr. Harper had left for the day but the 2 nurses that did the IUI had trouble finding my cervix and had to call Dr. Harper. He was an hour away but was helpful in helping them find it. It took longer than any of my other IUIs and caused a little bit of pain. Joan my nurse gave me 3 Tylenol and a glass of water before I left.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joan or Jennifer )
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper is a very educated man but did kinda talk above our understanding. He did answer our questions but sometimes used technical terms that we were not familiar with. Before meeting Dr. Harper we meet with the Nurse practitioner, she was very kind and talked more on our level.
Be open to all possibilities. Have an understanding before you walk in there of what might happen and what will happen. Have your questions ready and prepared so you are not caught off guard by one of his answers or his questions.
He told us it was on my end because of the laparoscopy results from my gynecologist. We would do at least 3 IUIs and if they failed we would have a meeting with him to discuss IVF. We had our meeting after our 3rd IUI and discussed IVF. I'm a Type 1 diabetic so he said my A1c had to be at a certain number and my endocrinologist had to be the ultimate one to determine if my A1c was at a good level before he would do anything. My husband and I were the ones to decide to do the 4th IUI before we went on to IVF.

Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
I can't say enough about how wonderful Dr. Harper's nursing staff is. Chelsea is organized & prompt. I truely feel that I can approach her with any concern. She has become a friend during this process. I believe my experience at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine has been so positive largely in part due to the nursing staff... The billing and front desk would be my only complaint. I have experienced unnecessary stress due to billing at this office. Every instance was a mistake made by the billing department. The front desk person is often unfriendly.
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I feel like a human, because I truely feel that they long for my husband and I to have a successful pregnancy just as we do. He conveys his concern for our wellbeing and is always happy to meet with us if we have concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper is kind & quiet. He has been forthcoming about the obstacles at hand, but has always delivered the truth eloquently. I do not see Dr. Harper at every visit. I do not feel that it would be necessary to do so. Dr. Harper has always been willing to meet with my husband and I to discuss any change in treatment, medication, or concerns.
I began treament with oral Femera. After 3 failed cycles, we began IUI. The first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the 3 following resulted in 3 negative pregnancy tests. I had a exploratory lap after the 3rd failed IUI. Dr. Harper found mild endometriosis and confirmed a unicornuate uterus. After the 4th failed IUI, we decided to began IVF. I have had 1 egg retrieval resulting in 7 eggs retrieved. 3 eggs survived. We transferred 1 embryo 5 days after the retrieval, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I have had 2 frozen transfers, both of which resulted in negative pregnancy tests.
Our insurance only covers up until diagnosis. It does not cover any type of treatment. The IUI procedure cost was approximately $300, not including medication costs. We opted for a shared risk IVF program. We paid approximately $16,000, not including medication, for treatment over the next 3 years or 6 fresh cycles.
Dr. Harper has recommended single embryo transfers at this time due to the nature of my uterus (very small, limited room).

2014 - 2017
The nursing staff [at Huntsville Reproductive Med] was amazing. Chelsea always made sure I understood the treatment coarse. She emailed and called me with updates. She was compassionate and empathetic. She was with me every step of the way with hugs and encouragement. She was the shoulder I need to cry on when things didn't go well and she always was pulling for us.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk was a weakness they have a high turn over rate and one secretary wasn't very friendly and that's something you need when you are struggling. Strengths are that they were quick at finding appointment times and very informative when asking questions.
I felt like Dr.Harper knew our case and wanted to do whatever to help us make our plans come true. Even though we weren't successful in our treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea Evans)
The nursing staff was amazing. Chelsea always made sure I understood the treatment coarse. She emailed and called me with updates. She was compassionate and empathetic. She was with me every step of the way with hugs and encouragement. She was the shoulder I need to cry on when things didn't go well and she always was pulling for us.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Strengths are that he is very knowledgeable about fertility actions and treatments. Weaknesses are that he talks over patients heads. I'm a nurse so I knew most of what he was talking about but my husband isn't medical and didn't understand everything. We did wish that we would have seen Dr. Harper more often but after our miscarriage and failed IVF and transfers he did call us and was more involved with our case.
Be prepared with questions and you may have to ask the nurses to explain things to you to better understand.
So our fertility issues are male factor. My husband had Hodgkins Lymphoma and the chemotherapy caused him to have a low sperm count and low motility. Our treatment plan was that we'd have only a 1% chance to get pregnant naturally and a 3% with IUI and 70-80% chance with IVF. We began with 3 IUI treatments using ovadril and one time we used clomid. All of the IUIs failed so we saved up our money to do IVF. We did an Fresh IVF transfer cycle. During retrieval we got 23 eggs, 4 fertilized, one didn't make it to day 5 and initially we transferred 2. We miscarried early on with the twins. Then we proceeded with a possible frozen transfer with our one embryo left. I took lupron and estrogen. However the week before I was to do the transfer I started bleeding like a period and we could no longer do the transfer. So we took a break saved up money and did another trial at the frozen transfer. We transferred the embryo and two weeks later we found out that it did not work. Our next choice is to do another round of IVF.
Cost of IUI's were between 300-600 each. Then IVF cycle was $9000 and transfer was about $1000
Our dr told us to only transfer one embryo however we decided to transfer two initially of the three that we had.
Madison
As a new patient I was shocked of how busy they [Hunt Repro Med] were! Although the waiting room always seems full, they never keep you waiting too long. It is very easy to setup appointments and pay. The clinic is very well kept and clean...I have worked with many of the nurses (Chelsea, Joan, Jennifer and Brittany who draws the blood) and they are all amazing! They all make you feel like you are their only patient and so compassionate. Chelsea is my nurse and she is fantastic at explaining anything I don't understand. She is also very responsive, she always calls or emails me back quickly.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
As a new patient I was shocked of how busy they were! Although the waiting room always seems full, they never keep you waiting too long. It is very easy to setup appointments and pay. The clinic is very well kept and clean.
You mainly see the nurses who are all very personable and caring. However, whenever there seems to be something wrong Dr. Davenport always came in (he did 3 of my 6 IUIs). He also made time to sit down and talk with us whenever we asked. He also made the calls when the news wasn't good, he never made the nurses deliver bad news.
Dr. Davenport is very caring. He always asks how you are doing, and then says "ok, and how are you REALLY doing emotionally". He always explains things well, and does put it in simpler terms when I don't understand. He has now left the practice, and unfortunately I did not get any feedback from him on our failed IVF.
If you don't understand just ASK, he will find a way for you to understand. Also even though he is a doctor he doesn't know what your body feels, so if something feels off (I ovulated early on 3 cycles), call and tell your nurse, they will listen and adjust if needed.
I was 28, and my husband and I had been trying for 1 year. He put me on 50mg of clomid and did my 1st IUI. We did 3 IUI's, then decided to do the laparoscopy to see if I had Endometriosis. He wasn't expecting that I would have it (even though I showed many of the signs), but I did....everywhere so he removed it. We then tried 3 more IUI's, and then opted for IVF. Since I always ovulated more than one egg with Clomid we went conservative with the dosage of Gonal-F (150units) and Menopur (75units), but that only produced 4 follicles so we opted to do an IUI instead. My second round at IVF we started with 300 units of Gonal-F (lowered to 200 units half way trough) and 75 units of Menopur. I produced 8 follicles this time, and we retrieved 6 mature eggs. 5 fertilized, but 3 stalled at day 3. We implanted both embryos on day 5, but unfortunately they failed. Dr. Davenport left the practice following my IVF so I never got feedback on what the issue could have been. That was disappointing.
I had Aetna PPO for all of my IUI's and the each costs $500 with the procedure and medicine. I talked to Dr. Davenport when I was changing insurances and he told me to look for one that covered injectable meds...best advice ever! For the IVF I had BCBS of Alabama Gold and it cost about $8000 for the procedure and I paid only $300 for my meds thanks to his advice. The injectables typically cost $4000.
Madison

As a new patient [at Hunt Repro Med] I was shocked of how busy they were! Although the waiting room always seems full, they never keep you waiting too long. It is very easy to setup appointments and pay. The clinic is very well kept and clean...I have worked with many of the nurses (Chelsea, Joan, Jennifer and Brittany who draws the blood) and they are all amazing! They all make you feel like you are their only patient and so compassionate. Chelsea is my nurse and she is fantastic at explaining anything I don't understand. She is also very responsive, she always calls or emails me back quickly...
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Davenport is very caring. He always asks how you are doing, and then says "ok, and how are you REALLY doing emotionally". He always explains things well, and does put it in simpler terms when I don't understand. My first IVF attempt did not go well, I only produced 4 eggs so we cancelled and just did an IUI. This round he changed my dosage and that is all, so time will tell if this adjustment works.
If you don't understand just ASK, he will find a way for you to understand. Also even though he is a doctor he doesn't know what your body feels, so if something feels off (i ovulated early on 3 cycles), call and tell your nurse, they will listen and adjust if needed.
I was 28, and my husband and I had been trying for 1 year. We had taken a "at home fertility" test, mine came back normal but my husband's did not (Dr. Davenport laughed at this, apparently at home test are NOT reliable for men at all). Turns out my husband it fine and I am the problem. He put be on 50mg of clomid and did my 1st IUI. We did 3 IUI's, then decided to do the laparoscopy to see if I had Endometriosis. He wasn't expecting that I would have it (even though I showed many of the signs), but I did....everywhere so he removed it. We then tried 3 more IUI's, and then opted for IVF. Since I always ovulated more than one egg with Clomid we went conservative with the dosage of Gonal-F (150units) and Menopur (75units), but that only produced 4 follicles so we opted to do an IUI instead. I will start my next try at IVF next week, and they are starting me with 300 units of Gonal-F and 75 units of Menopur. We will see how this one turns out!
Madison

The nursing staff [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] was great. I recall always having to leave a message, but they would call back pretty quickly. The nurse I remember the most is Jennifer. She was amazing, I hated leaving the clinic specifically because of her.... The main reason we decided to part ways with Dr. Davenport's clinic is because I felt a little manipulated when it came to their payment process. I noticed a charge one day from my card for $80.00 and I called to ask why and they said they automatically take payments out of your account when you have a balance.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The main reason we decided to part ways with Dr. Davenport's clinic is because I felt a little manipulated when it came to their payment process. I noticed a charge one day from my card for $80.00 and I called to ask why and they said they automatically take payments out of your account when you have a balance. You have that option or to give them outright $200.00 to cover any balances. I was angry. I am an adult and pay my bills on time when they are due. I was not happy when they took money out of my account without even a warning. When I called to speak with them about this they did not seem to care because I had signed all the financial forms. I understand I should have read all the info more thoroughly, but I just felt a little tricked. Other than that, I really liked the office as it was right next to my work, the doctor, and the nurse I most frequently encountered. The office was always clean and I never had too long of a wait.
Dr. Davenport was compassionate towards my husband and I. He spoke to us, not down to us. He was respectful of our emotions and explained all of our options to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
The nursing staff was great. I recall always having to leave a message, but they would call back pretty quickly. The nurse I remember the most is Jennifer. She was amazing, I hated leaving the clinic specifically because of her. She was friendly, supportive, kind, compassionate, understanding, sweet, I could go on and on. I cannot say enough about her. I have noticed at times at both clinics I've been to that the nursing staff becomes sort of numb to the patients feelings. I feel like they deal with infertility day in and day out and just get used to negatives or bad news that they lose a little compassion.
I really liked Dr. Davenport. My husband was a little more apprehensive only because of his age/had not been practicing that long. I thought he was knowledgeable and I liked that he was younger because sometimes younger doctors have fresher insight to new technology and advances. I was a little taken back when Dr. Davenport did not perform the only IUI we did with his office though. It was my first IUI and although I had been told what to expect, I was still anxious and nervous. The nurse practitioner and another lady performed the IUI. I was never once told that the doctor does not perform IUIs. I don't know if they expected me to know this or what.
Ask questions. Ask all questions you have even if you think they are stupid, whether your doctor is Dr. Davenport or a different doctor. Advocate for yourself or it will feel like you are shuffled around or just another number or debit card.
Our first and only IUI with Dr. Davenport was two years ago..I do know my husband had started taking HCG shots for low sperm morphology. I think I started on birth control or estradiol and then waited until it was closer to ovulation and then they called me and told me to come in and they could do the IUI. it was a simple and quick procedure, but I don't believe I was on any medicine (I do not have and trouble with ovulating).
I believe the IUI was right at $1,000. My husband's HCG shots were about $200 every 3 weeks or so that Dr. Davenport recommended would help with his sperm count. I believe my office visits were about $65.
We did not do IVF with Dr. Davenport.
Madison

Nursing staff [at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] was amazing and honestly why we stayed as long as we did. I didn't love not knowing which of the 3 I would have. Felt the most comfortable with Chelsea and Jennifer....The nurses were great but Dr. Harper is very robotic and does not seem comfortable interacting with people....We did a total of 3 cycles and protocol was never adjusted whatsoever. Just kept plugging away and doing the same thing each time with the same negative result
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The front office staff leaves something to be desired. During the course of one of our IUIs we literally had to reschedule my husband's collection 4 times. I finally informed them the last time they called to reschedule it that we would not be changing it again. The billing information is not very well conveyed to the patients so sometimes there are some surprises.
Nursing staff was amazing and honestly why we stayed as long as we did. I didn't love not knowing which of the 3 I would have. Felt the most comfortable with Chelsea and Jennifer.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I was very impressed with Dr. Harper at our initial visit. He very thoroughly explained our course of action and for the most part answered our questions. He did however dismiss a particular concern I had and essentially told us there was no way that was a problem for us. I only saw him 2 other times, once at my first scan appointment and again after a laparoscopy for maybe 30 seconds. He is very awkward and if you are looking for warm and fuzzy from your doctor go elsewhere. We did a total of 3 cycles and protocol was never adjusted whatsoever. Just kept plugging away and doing the same thing each time with the same negative result.
I believe Dr. Harper is a good doctor and if you're interested in IVF then he's your guy.
3 cycles with Letrazole days 3-7 and an ovidrel trigger 2 days before IUI. monitoring on CD 3 and 10 and then again later if not close on day 10. No other blood work or monitoring after IUI just call with period or positive test.
No charge for office visits unless the doctor was present which was never. IUI was $300.
Madison

My assigned nurse [at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] rarely saw me. Some of my appointments were scheduled during times she couldn't be there. So I saw someone different every time...The nurses or Dr. Harper wouldn't see anyone on the weekend. They would give drugs to delay ovulation so that my IUIs could happen during the week. My blood work was always different from the ultrasound information. If my ultrasound indicated ovulation but my blood work did not, they relied on my blood work. Therefore, they did every IUI a day or two early or late. I told them every time that they can't rely just on my blood work (per my past experience and conversations with my first and more caring doctor). The nurses kept telling me I was wrong. Three failed IUIs and they simply kept increasing the dosage of my medicine.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Office staff never engaged in conversation, they never knew my name unless they were looking at my paperwork, and only interacted with me when I needed to sign the bill. They cared about their money. They did not care about their patients or what we were going through.
I felt like a number because I NEVER saw Dr. Harper except for my initial visit which was a meeting with him. He did not examine me. He asked me questions and that was it. His office staff never knew who I was, I was assigned a nurse but that nurse changed with each visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
My assigned nurse rarely saw me. Some of my appointments were scheduled during times she couldn't be there. So I saw someone different every time.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I saw him for my first visit which was simply a meeting. He did not examine me, he only asked questions about my history. I was in his office twice a month for blood work and exams, I NEVER saw him at those visits. I saw him after one year and I had to request to see him. Upon my request, it took a week for me to schedule a time. I was told I am not priority since I'm already a patient and his nurses handle patient concerns and then relay messages to him. When I finally met with him, he did not conduct an examination, we met in his office to discuss my concerns which was 3 failed IUIs and never seeing him. He told me he doesn't have time to go to every patient exam and his nurses update him.
Drive out of Huntsville and see someone who actually cares about you.
Clomid, clomid, and more clomid. Increase the dosage and if that doesn't work, increase it more. Then injectables and when that didn't work, they just kept increasing the dosage. 3 failed IUIs because they would do them at the wrong time. They never saw anyone on the weekend.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
It [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine- Madison] is a smaller clinic but they always have time to get you in the schedule. I went to the because they were in my town. The receptionist can be a bit severe at times but that is ok. The facility is set up nice with plenty of seats in the waiting room. They are very organized... They [the nurses] are on your team. They have always been supportive and understanding about the emotional side of fertility. They are very knowledgeable and can answer my questions
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
It is a smaller clinic but they always have time to get you in the schedule. I went to the because they were in my town. The receptionist can be a bit severe at times but that is ok. The facility is set up nice with plenty of seats in the waiting room. They are very organized
All the nurses know me, keep up with my life, it is a small personal clinic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joan)
They are on your team. They have always been supportive and understanding about the emotional side of fertility. They are very knowledgeable and can answer my questions
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
He is blunt which I like, he is methodical and very knowledgeable. We have had two hour long meetings with him to move to the next stage of the plan. He is very honest about success rates. He preformed my surgery and made sure I knew what to expect
He will tell you the facts so don't expect sugar coating
We tried 3 medicine only cycles on femera. I had previously had side effects with clomid. Then we moved on to iui. Before my first iui I had my hsg to look at my tubes.we went in this order for cost reasons since iui would be more expensive. We did 4 femera iuis. The next step was I've or surgery for endo. We choose endometriosis surgery and found I have lvl 3. From there he called it a minor reset and we tried 3 more iui cycles. Now we are saving for ivf. He was always open to explain cost and risk.
Each iui was 250 for the procedure out of pocket
Madison
Kara [nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] was absolutely amazing and encouraging about my results, giving me good things to try even if my results were discouraging...It’s very up to date, well decorated and modern. It’s smaller and feels more personal. Very ample parking on site that is free. They have ultrasound machines and a nurse ready to do blood draws (you’ll get those often!)...My doctor also found less costly alternative medications when possible. (Such as bonjesta for 30 dollars.)
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
He was considerate of my comfort level through various tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara)
Kara was absolutely amazing and encouraging about my results, giving me good things to try even if my results were discouraging.
Dr Davenport treats not only your reproductive system, but the whole patient. He’s very well informed and compassionate for how you’re doing with treatments. He and his whole staff are so encouraging, they feel like family. During one test I was having a lot of pain and trying to hide it. He stopped right away and asked me to be honest about my pain level. For the next test he prescribed pain medication so I would be much more comfortable. He is also very supportive of the research I did for my own care instead of disregarding my thoughts. It made me feel very in control of my care.
Research your treatment options so you can be more proactive in your own care.
We did rounds of femara because of anovulation due to endometriosis. We also did an SIS and HSG to determine if my tubes were open. After these treatments I conceived!
Costs vary greatly due to insurance. My doctor also found less costly alternative medications when possible. (Such as bonjesta for 30 dollars.)
Doctor Davenport was very sensitive about my ethical concerns regarding IVF. If we needed to go this route I would definitely trust him to respect my wishes.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
We have only been doing observations through them [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine-Madison] for the most part as we are doing timed intercourse. The IUI process we did the one time went over fine. We can't comment on any of the IVF process as our insurance doesn't cover any of the ART treatments.... We see our nurses every time we go in and they are our main contact. They communicate fairly well and take our concerns and questions to our doctor.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
We have only been doing observations through them for the most part as we are doing timed intercourse. The IUI process we did the one time went over fine. We can't comment on any of the IVF process as our insurance doesn't cover any of the ART treatments.
We did not see the doctor very much, but the few times he tried to treat as humans, but sometimes his news delivery was with no emotions at all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joan / Jennifer (shared))
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Since we only have seen him a few times we can only describe the few times we have had interactions with him. He was usually frank about our chances and didn't candy coat anything even it would of eased some of our pain. He adjusted my wife's meds as needed.
He is good at what he does but his bedside manner is a bit lacking.
At the start we tried the simple pills to try and get results, but none of those options worked. We had to switch to injectables. She was first on just menopur, then on a combination of follistim and menopur. We have stayed roughly around the same dosage for the last few cycles.
Our insurance covers everything but ART treatment, so once we met our deductibles we are only charged our copay and the percentage our insurance doesn't cover. For our IUI we had to pay out of pocket, but it was reasonable.
Madison

I have yet to experience any flaws in the office.other than there was a mix up of trying to charge me my insurance deductible up front,but my insurance company spoke with them [Huntsville Reproductive Med] and got it all straightened out.... Chelsea has been amazing. Whether I came in on a great mood or absolutely horrible mood she always takes time to chit chat about how I'm feeling,how things are going outside of Infertility
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I have yet to experience any flaws in the office.other than there was a mix up of trying to charge me my insurance deductible up front,but my insurance company spoke with them and got it all straightened out.
He always takes the time to sit and explain where we are In the cycle, what to expect, and thoroughly answer any questions I have.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Harper has been a big help in our journey. I know he can't work miracles and get us all pregnant, but he remains hopeful that he will get us there with our remaining embryos. I have felt every disappointment there has been with each negative cycle. He has been there to explain my options, what to expect, the different outcomes.
He Will listen to all of your concerns.
We have tried oral meds, injectables with iui.Our Ivf cycle we went with 150 gonal F adjusted thru cycle along with Menopur. They were able to retrieve 21 eggs
All labs,ultrasounds,visits were covered by insurance. Insurance covers no oil or ivf. We paid $295/iui's. We did 7 iui's. 1 ivf cycle was around 8500.we pd out of pocket plus around $1000 for the meds
2014 - 2019
The clinic [Hunt Repro Med] is inviting. Well organized and very clean. Nice sized waiting room with lots of conscious magazines. Everything is convenient for both the patients and the staff of the office. I’m told the collection room was nice and clean as well...The nurses were so personable and professional. I never once was treated unfairly. I love the staff at Dr. Harper’s office.
2014 - 2019
Black or African-American, Native American
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is inviting. Well organized and very clean. Nice sized waiting room with lots of conscious magazines. Everything is convenient for both the patients and the staff of the office. I’m told the collection room was nice and clean as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea )
The nurses rock! They’re all so informative and compassionate about what they do. They go over and above to make sure that the pat understands the directions.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper has a great bedside manner. He is straight to the point and loves to educate his patients on everything involved in the treatment he recommends. He’s also open to suggestions if a patient says well I have a friend that tried this and it worked for her. He’s not against letting the patient have a say in their treatment.
Remain calm throughout your journey.
In the past I’ve been on clomid 50 mg for the first two timed intercourse cycles before being increased to 100mg. When that was unsuccessful, we then switched to letrozole and ovidrel for all 4 IUi’s. Along with me taking metformin at bedtime.
My insurance covers all of my labs and ultrasounds. The only thing I’ve had to pay for was the IUI’s.
Because of my age, Dr. Kiltz/Corley allowed me to transfer two embryos with the hopes that at least one would stick.
Madison

Lynne [a nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] is who I started with and she was awesome. Very patient and very communicative. Ive been with Joan the last few times and what a blessing she is!!! So sensitive and feels like such a friend through the whole thing!!!... Some front office staff are wonderful. Some are miserable at their job. I feel front office staff in a facility for fertility should have some compassion and patience.. Dr. Harper is wonderful on thr clinical side anf his nursing staff is incredible!!!
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
He explained everything thoroughly and was sympathetic to my plight.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lynne and Joan)
Lynne is who I started with and she was awesome. Very patient and very communicative. Ive been with Joan the last few times and what a blessing she is!!! So sensitive and feels like such a friend through the whole thing!!!
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper explains all things very clinically but is very open to the questions that we had. I did have to ask for further explanation from his nursing staff in a way that broke it down step by step but he is very good.
Be patient. Lets face it the nurses are the one who handle all medical care during any type of medical visit. They always say the nurses wont kill you thats the doctor's job. So while Dr. Harper may be in on it the nurses are thr hands on ones who are gonna knock you up.
3 months of Clomid. 3 months of letrazole. Ovidrel shots until I began to ovulate on my own!! 6 you procedures.
My insurance covers 80% plus most of my meds so my cost wasn't too bad.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
It [Hunt Reproductive Medicine] is very easy to find. It's very clean and well maintained. Their equipment is new and we'll kept...[Nurse] Chelsea has seen me through every step of the process. She brought me into the office for a very detailed injectables training session. She is friendly and comforting....The dr [Dr. Harper] and staff are very accessible. They answer all questions. Very friendly and knowledgeable....Iui is $295. IVF is $7995...
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
It is very easy to find. It's very clean and well maintained. Their equipment is new and we'll kept.
The dr and staff are very accessible. They answer all questions. Very friendly and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper seems extremely knowledgeable about his field of medicine. He took me as a patient when my other dr left the clinic. The durst time I meet dr. Harper, he knew everything about my situation. He had studied my chart well. I am confident in him at this point.
Be patient. He stumbles over his words sometimes. It just seems that he has so much that he wants to share with you, that it takes a while to get to the point
Dr. Harper took over my case in the middle of my last cycle. He performed my 2nd IUI. Now we are getting ready for our 1st IVF.he has prescribed 225 units of gonal-f, 75 units of menopur and 81mg baby aspirin to start with. I will be adding cetrotide into the mix eventually.
Iui is $295. IVF is $7995
My husband and I want to transfer 2 embryos, and Dr harper said that is ok so long as we don't have an aversion to twins, which we don't.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The nurses [at Hunt Repro Med] were all absolutely wonderful. Warm and caring, very responsive to messages and questions...Kind staff, very efficient, great at dealing with delicate parents-to-be...Bloodwork and ultrasounds were covered by insurance (subject to copay), I believe the price for the IUI was $350 or so. Does not include meds, which were covered by my insurance (with copay)...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Kind staff, very efficient, great at dealing with delicate parents-to-be.
His staff is super warm, responsive and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lynn)
The nurses were all absolutely wonderful. Warm and caring, very responsive to messages and questions.
We first saw Dr. Davenport shortly after he joined Huntsville Repro Medicine. He was an excellent listener, very warm and very informative. He gave my husband a hug in the hallway when pregnancy was confirmed! He did some of the ultrasounds himself, and was always super approachable.
Call them now!! They want to see you on cycle day 3, so call before your next period for sure.
We'd done two rounds of unmonitored letrozole with my OB/GYN. We met with Dr. Davenport on CD3, and decided to go straight to IUI. I ovulate fine, but we did clomid to be able to control the timing. 1 round of clomid + 1 ovidrel injection to trigger ovulation. First IUI was successful.

PCOS, Other
I called [Hunstville Reproductive Medicine] after dr. Davenport left and the new dr. Harper took over asking about a different weight loss program bc the one I was on wasn't working anymore. I never heard back from anyone.... The nursing staff was absolutely amazing. They're the only reason I stayed so long.... The only time I really had to pay was when I saw him which didn't happen often
PCOS, Other
He seemed to think that everything that's going on with me is because I'm fat. I did the weight loss stuff lost 56 pounds and yet he still thought I needed to lose more. The doctor I'm seeing now says I shouldn't have any issues because of weight. He's seen too many people 3x my size that were pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer then changed to Joan )
What specific things went wrong at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I didn't really care for him. He acted like everything was my weight. I know I'm over weight but when you only see the dr. Like 3 times in a year and a few months him telling you you're over weight every time kinda upsets me.
Make sure you aren't fat when you see him. He'll think that's the problem for everything.
The only time I really had to pay was when I saw him which didn't happen often

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic itself [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] is small so you are more than just a number. They know you personally. Dr. Davenport and his team and very caring. The only downside is it is sometimes hard to reach them by phone as you have to select different options and they sometimes do not answer....Dr. Davenport and his nurses are great with letting me know up front what to expect.... My insurance covers 80 percent so I do not have to worry about the cost as much.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic itself is small so you are more than just a number. They know you personally. Dr. Davenport and his team and very caring. The only downside is it is sometimes hard to reach them by phone as you have to select different options and they sometimes do not answer.
Dr. Davenport and his nurses are great with letting me know up front what to expect. He answers all my questions as needed.
Dr. Davenport is great. He's very upfront and blunt about what to expect. He tries to get to the bottom of the issue. He seems to really care about his patients. He thinks through what is the best course of treatment.
To not be nervous.
Madison

The nurses [at Hunt Repro Med] are very kind and helpful but I have only seen the doctor once. So to me I feel like more of a number because he won't tell me what's going on just the nurses...They are wonderful and understanding. They learn your name and make conversation with you so you don't feel uncomfortable
The nurses are very kind and helpful but I have only seen the doctor once. So to me I feel like more of a number because he won't tell me what's going on just the nurses
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I saw him the very first day I had an appointment. I was more comfortable with the nurse practitioner than I was with him. I actually know more about her than I do him. She did my IUI not him.
Ask more questions and know what your options are before going into the appointment because you will never seen him, just the nurses
My blood work and ultrasounds were about 200$ for about 2 of them.
2011 - 2015
PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [Huntsville Reproductive Med-Madison] can schedule blood work as early as 7 AM which was great for me because I could go before work and still be on time. They had the results back before mid day and called with instructions on what to do next. They were very flexible and easy to contact when needed.... Dr. Harper was very knowledgeable in his field. He consulted with us in an understandable way. We saw him several times throughout the process. We loved his clinic.
2011 - 2015
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic can schedule blood work as early as 7 AM which was great for me because I could go before work and still be on time. They had the results back before mid day and called with instructions on what to do next. They were very flexible and easy to contact when needed.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper was very knowledgeable in his field. He consulted with us in an understandable way. We saw him several times throughout the process. We loved his clinic. Both transfers we did resulted in pregnancy.
He recommend one embryo because of our our age.
IUI, Donor Sperm
I would like my blood tests explain in a bit more detail [from the staff at Huntsville Reproductive Med] so if you are like me you will need to ask. Everything else is great! They have a lot of training g and they got my blood draw on the first shot (that has never happened!) They are apologetic if they stick you or know a procedure is uncomfortable and are patient focused!
IUI, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I would like my blood tests explain in a bit more detail so if you are like me you will need to ask. Everything else is great! They have a lot of training g and they got my blood draw on the first shot (that has never happened!) They are apologetic if they stick you or know a procedure is uncomfortable and are patient focused!
The nurse ladies who help him run that practice are all wonderful. He is educated and likes a plan. It's still too early to tell but I was recommended to use him by a former patient and good friend and we love him so far.
The nursing staff is the best ive seen so far! They are kind and patient. They are the best team I've seen in my 11 years working in the healthcare system!
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
He comes in with a lot of info and is ready for whatever comes. He explains the process and doesn't let you get tunnel vision. Hes realistic and hopeful at the same time. We went to him scared and unsure and most of our info came from google but we left feeling like "we got this!"
To just give him a try. Hes nice and has experience in his field.
We had our consultations and blood work and transvaginal exam. We were told it all looks good and I was able to see the home of our future babies and a 16mm follicle (even before we decided to stay with dr. H) We are officially TTC and will do our first insemination anytime we are ready!
They have a $200 dollar escrow account balance or you can put your credit card in. I opted to pay the $200 because I dint like tonpption of possibly yanking money from our account anytime the insurance made a mistake. So far we pay our copay and the $200 and that's all until the procedure. The iui is Approximately $250 plus donor sperm (in our case)
None.