7.2

20 Hughes Road,
Madison, AL 35758
256.213.2229

2010 - 2019, Unknown Success
in the years I have been under [Dr. Harpers'] care I have seen him for two consultations, my 1st dye test, and to go over some stuff when I thought I was having a miscarriage with my first. He is direct and blunt but only out of concern. He did say during the first consult that my weight could be a factor in my infertility but he didn’t say it in a judgmental way; it was more of him listing all the reasons why I could be experiencing infertility and my weight was the most obvious one. Overall, Dr. Harper is good at providing a course of treatment for his nurses to relay to the patient.
The main weakness [at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] that I saw but I’m not sure if it’s just me but the receptionist seemed not as organized as needed to be...The nursing staff is amazing! That is who I saw mainly and they seemed to truly care about the patients and listen to any concerns or questions they may have...in the years I have been under [Dr. Harpers'] care I have seen him for two consultations, my 1st dye test, and to go over some stuff when I thought I was having a miscarriage with my first. He is direct and blunt but only out of concern.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper is very knowledgeable in his field so that makes him seem cold and lacking compassion but I think it’s because he has so many thoughts going on in his head about your situation. Now, in the years I have been under his care I have seen him for two consultations, my 1st dye test, and to go over some stuff when I thought I was having a miscarriage with my first. He is direct and blunt but only out of concern. He did say during the first consult that my weight could be a factor in my infertility but he didn’t say it in a judgmental way; it was more of him listing all the reasons why I could be experiencing infertility and my weight was the most obvious one. Overall, Dr. Harper is good at providing a course of treatment for his nurses to relay to the patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to feel like you should be taking notes during the consult but know that he is there working to get you to your dream of having a child.
Describe the protocols Andrew Harper used in your cycles at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
2010-2011: we almost maxed out the recommended rounds for clomid and I did two or theee trigger shots with timed intercourse. I also had a dye test done to check my tubes (no blockage). I got my positive after having the dye test done. 2013-2014: I believe it was clomid and trigger shots. Since it worked before they figured let’s try it again. I got pregnant quicker this time around. 2017: went to another doctor in different state. 2018: did a few rounds of fertility meds. IUI recommended because the meds were not working. IUI unsussesful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea. Joan. )
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The main weakness that I saw but I’m not sure if it’s just me but the receptionist seemed not as organized as needed to be. I was transferring back to HRM from an out of state doctor after not going to HRM for over 3 years. I had to redo paperwork, have my files transferred over, etc. Well, I was told by my nurse that they had not received my records. All I knew to do was resubmit the paperwork. Well my next appointment they still did not have my records. The receptionist then says “oh, I was meaning to call you the number you gave us was wrong.” Ok, cool, but you have Internet (I’ve seen her clothes shopping online) google the name of the doctor, get the number, call, explain the situation and get it done! Other than that, I cannot find any fault with the practice!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They were high and insurance didn’t appear to cover much. The IUI was a flat out-of-pocket fee. Since the procedures didn’t vary much we paid $270/ month this last time (2018). I do not remember paying so much back in 2010-2011 because I was stressed it would cost a lot due to other’s stories but it was not as high as I thought. We also have different insurance this time around, too (Cigna now vs BCBS then).
What specific things went wrong at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
I rarely see Dr. Harper, which is fine with me. However, when I was having complications they all kept in close contact, even after hours ... Dr. Harper is knowledgeable and very technical. He has laid out all of my options in each situation. He took a less invasive approach during my ectopic pregnancy. Which led to a prolonged recovery. I do think his is caring and soft spoken ...
Accessibility is sometimes an issues. When you are new to the process sometimes things happen after hours. It can be frustrating when the nurses are gone and you are faced with the unexpected. The clinic [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] itself is clean and as inviting as a fertility clinic can be. ... Each IUI is $295. ... I have dealt with the entire nursing staff. They all are very compassionate. I always receive a callback in a timely manner. ...
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Do your own research so that you can have specific questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I love the nurses. I rarely see Dr. Harper, which is fine with me. However, when I was having complications they all kept in close contact, even after hours
In 2016 we did mostly timed intercourse with a combo of Chlomid and Femara. 2017 we did two IUI. Both with a combo of Chlomid and femara. Most times ive had to do at least 2 rounds of drugs within a cycle. The 1st was negative. The second I also had the trigger shot and became pregnant. It ended in an ectopic pregnancy and the removal of a fallopian tube. I had 2 IUI in the beginning of 2018 that were negative. I've been on a break since May 2018. Working to lose weight and prepare for IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I have dealt with the entire nursing staff. They all are very compassionate. I always receive a callback in a timely manner. Joan took very excellent care of me during my ectopic pregnancy
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Accessibility is sometimes an issues. When you are new to the process sometimes things happen after hours. It can be frustrating when the nurses are gone and you are faced with the unexpected. The clinic itself is clean and as inviting as a fertility clinic can be.
Each IUI is $295. My bloodwork and office visits are covered by insurance. As well as Chlomid and Femara. Trigger shots and other injections were out of pocket. In the amount of $165 and up
Madison

We have met with Dr. Harper 2x and he was thorough. Sometimes he talked above our heads though....Dr. Harper is a very educated man...i wish I would be able to talk personally with Dr. Harper myself instead of making an appt. To see him.He did answer our questions but sometimes used technical terms that we were not familiar with. ...He told us it was on my end because of the laparoscopy results from my gynecologist....I'm a Type 1 diabetic so he said my A1c had to be at a certain number and my endocrinologist had to be the ultimate one to determine if my A1c was at a good level before he would do anything.
Every Nurse at Dr. Harper's office is great. They show compassion and are very upbeat and positive. They get back with me in a timely manner and are very prompt. They are informative in person and over the phone...Each IUI cost me $295 out of pocket because my insurance covers NOTHING!! My IVF cost with meds and procedure $12K...They all are very helpful and do what they can to give you good information of what the Dr. had to say...
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper is a very educated man but did kinda talk above our understanding. He did answer our questions but sometimes used technical terms that we were not familiar with. Before meeting Dr. Harper we meet with the Nurse practitioner, she was very kind and talked more on our level.
Be open to all possibilities. Have an understanding before you walk in there of what might happen and what will happen. Have your questions ready and prepared so you are not caught off guard by one of his answers or his questions.
We have met with Dr. Harper 2x and he was thorough. Sometimes he talked above our heads though. The nursing staff is excellent and has always made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation and with my last IUI Dr. Harper had left for the day but the 2 nurses that did the IUI had trouble finding my cervix and had to call Dr. Harper. He was an hour away but was helpful in helping them find it. It took longer than any of my other IUIs and caused a little bit of pain. Joan my nurse gave me 3 Tylenol and a glass of water before I left.
He told us it was on my end because of the laparoscopy results from my gynecologist. We would do at least 3 IUIs and if they failed we would have a meeting with him to discuss IVF. We had our meeting after our 3rd IUI and discussed IVF. I'm a Type 1 diabetic so he said my A1c had to be at a certain number and my endocrinologist had to be the ultimate one to determine if my A1c was at a good level before he would do anything. My husband and I were the ones to decide to do the 4th IUI before we went on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joan or Jennifer )
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They all are very helpful and do what they can to give you good information of what the Dr. had to say. I wish I would be able to talk personally with Dr. Harper myself instead of making an appt. To see him.
2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
[With Dr. Andrew Harper] My husband had Hodgkins Lymphoma and the chemotherapy caused him to have a low sperm count and low motility. Our treatment plan was that we'd have only a 1% chance to get pregnant naturally and a 3% with IUI and 70-80% chance with IVF. We began with 3 IUI treatments using ovadril and one time we used clomid. All of the IUIs failed so we saved up our money to do IVF. We did an Fresh IVF transfer cycle. During retrieval we got 23 eggs, 4 fertilized, one didn't make it to day 5 and initially we transferred 2.
The nursing staff [at Huntsville Reproductive Med] was amazing. Chelsea always made sure I understood the treatment coarse. She emailed and called me with updates. She was compassionate and empathetic. She was with me every step of the way with hugs and encouragement. She was the shoulder I need to cry on when things didn't go well and she always was pulling for us.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Strengths are that he is very knowledgeable about fertility actions and treatments. Weaknesses are that he talks over patients heads. I'm a nurse so I knew most of what he was talking about but my husband isn't medical and didn't understand everything. We did wish that we would have seen Dr. Harper more often but after our miscarriage and failed IVF and transfers he did call us and was more involved with our case.
Be prepared with questions and you may have to ask the nurses to explain things to you to better understand.
I felt like Dr.Harper knew our case and wanted to do whatever to help us make our plans come true. Even though we weren't successful in our treatments.
So our fertility issues are male factor. My husband had Hodgkins Lymphoma and the chemotherapy caused him to have a low sperm count and low motility. Our treatment plan was that we'd have only a 1% chance to get pregnant naturally and a 3% with IUI and 70-80% chance with IVF. We began with 3 IUI treatments using ovadril and one time we used clomid. All of the IUIs failed so we saved up our money to do IVF. We did an Fresh IVF transfer cycle. During retrieval we got 23 eggs, 4 fertilized, one didn't make it to day 5 and initially we transferred 2. We miscarried early on with the twins. Then we proceeded with a possible frozen transfer with our one embryo left. I took lupron and estrogen. However the week before I was to do the transfer I started bleeding like a period and we could no longer do the transfer. So we took a break saved up money and did another trial at the frozen transfer. We transferred the embryo and two weeks later we found out that it did not work. Our next choice is to do another round of IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea Evans)
The nursing staff was amazing. Chelsea always made sure I understood the treatment coarse. She emailed and called me with updates. She was compassionate and empathetic. She was with me every step of the way with hugs and encouragement. She was the shoulder I need to cry on when things didn't go well and she always was pulling for us.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk was a weakness they have a high turn over rate and one secretary wasn't very friendly and that's something you need when you are struggling. Strengths are that they were quick at finding appointment times and very informative when asking questions.
Cost of IUI's were between 300-600 each. Then IVF cycle was $9000 and transfer was about $1000
Describe Andrew Harper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Our dr told us to only transfer one embryo however we decided to transfer two initially of the three that we had.
What specific things went wrong at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
One of The secretaries lost our permit that we already signed so we had to sign another.

2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Davenport is very caring. He always asks how you are doing, and then says "ok, and how are you REALLY doing emotionally". He always explains things well, and does put it in simpler terms when I don't understand. My first IVF attempt did not go well, I only produced 4 eggs so we cancelled and just did an IUI. This round he changed my dosage and that is all, so time will tell if this adjustment works...
As a new patient [at Hunt Repro Med] I was shocked of how busy they were! Although the waiting room always seems full, they never keep you waiting too long. It is very easy to setup appointments and pay. The clinic is very well kept and clean...I have worked with many of the nurses (Chelsea, Joan, Jennifer and Brittany who draws the blood) and they are all amazing! They all make you feel like you are their only patient and so compassionate. Chelsea is my nurse and she is fantastic at explaining anything I don't understand. She is also very responsive, she always calls or emails me back quickly...
How was your experience with Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
If you don't understand just ASK, he will find a way for you to understand. Also even though he is a doctor he doesn't know what your body feels, so if something feels off (i ovulated early on 3 cycles), call and tell your nurse, they will listen and adjust if needed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
You mainly see the nurses who are all very personable and caring. However, whenever there seems to be something wrong Dr. Davenport always came in (he did 3 of my 6 IUIs). He also made time to sit down and talk with us whenever we asked. He also made the calls when the news wasn't good, he never made the nurses deliver bad news.
Describe the protocols Brett Davenport used in your cycles at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was 28, and my husband and I had been trying for 1 year. We had taken a "at home fertility" test, mine came back normal but my husband's did not (Dr. Davenport laughed at this, apparently at home test are NOT reliable for men at all). Turns out my husband it fine and I am the problem. He put be on 50mg of clomid and did my 1st IUI. We did 3 IUI's, then decided to do the laparoscopy to see if I had Endometriosis. He wasn't expecting that I would have it (even though I showed many of the signs), but I did....everywhere so he removed it. We then tried 3 more IUI's, and then opted for IVF. Since I always ovulated more than one egg with Clomid we went conservative with the dosage of Gonal-F (150units) and Menopur (75units), but that only produced 4 follicles so we opted to do an IUI instead. I will start my next try at IVF next week, and they are starting me with 300 units of Gonal-F and 75 units of Menopur. We will see how this one turns out!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
As a new patient I was shocked of how busy they were! Although the waiting room always seems full, they never keep you waiting too long. It is very easy to setup appointments and pay. The clinic is very well kept and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brett Davenport at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I had Aetna PPO for all of my IUI's and the each costs $500 with the procedure and medicine. I talked to Dr. Davenport when I was changing insurances and he told me to look for one that covered injectable meds...best advice ever! For the IVF I had BCBS of Alabama Gold and it cost about $8000 for the procedure and I paid only $300 for my meds thanks to his advice. The injectables typically cost $4000.
Brett Davenport
Madison
Dr. Davenport was compassionate towards my husband and I. He spoke to us, not down to us.... I was a little taken back when Dr. Davenport did not perform the only IUI we did with his office though.... my husband had started taking HCG shots for low sperm morphology. I think I started on birth control or estradiol and then waited until it was closer to ovulation and then they called me and told me to come in and they could do the IUI.... The nurse practitioner and another lady performed the IUI. I was never once told that the doctor does not perform IUIs. I don't know if they expected me to know this or what.
The nursing staff [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] was great. I recall always having to leave a message, but they would call back pretty quickly. The nurse I remember the most is Jennifer. She was amazing, I hated leaving the clinic specifically because of her.... The main reason we decided to part ways with Dr. Davenport's clinic is because I felt a little manipulated when it came to their payment process. I noticed a charge one day from my card for $80.00 and I called to ask why and they said they automatically take payments out of your account when you have a balance.
I really liked Dr. Davenport. My husband was a little more apprehensive only because of his age/had not been practicing that long. I thought he was knowledgeable and I liked that he was younger because sometimes younger doctors have fresher insight to new technology and advances. I was a little taken back when Dr. Davenport did not perform the only IUI we did with his office though. It was my first IUI and although I had been told what to expect, I was still anxious and nervous. The nurse practitioner and another lady performed the IUI. I was never once told that the doctor does not perform IUIs. I don't know if they expected me to know this or what.
Ask questions. Ask all questions you have even if you think they are stupid, whether your doctor is Dr. Davenport or a different doctor. Advocate for yourself or it will feel like you are shuffled around or just another number or debit card.
Dr. Davenport was compassionate towards my husband and I. He spoke to us, not down to us. He was respectful of our emotions and explained all of our options to us.
Our first and only IUI with Dr. Davenport was two years ago..I do know my husband had started taking HCG shots for low sperm morphology. I think I started on birth control or estradiol and then waited until it was closer to ovulation and then they called me and told me to come in and they could do the IUI. it was a simple and quick procedure, but I don't believe I was on any medicine (I do not have and trouble with ovulating).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
The nursing staff was great. I recall always having to leave a message, but they would call back pretty quickly. The nurse I remember the most is Jennifer. She was amazing, I hated leaving the clinic specifically because of her. She was friendly, supportive, kind, compassionate, understanding, sweet, I could go on and on. I cannot say enough about her. I have noticed at times at both clinics I've been to that the nursing staff becomes sort of numb to the patients feelings. I feel like they deal with infertility day in and day out and just get used to negatives or bad news that they lose a little compassion.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The main reason we decided to part ways with Dr. Davenport's clinic is because I felt a little manipulated when it came to their payment process. I noticed a charge one day from my card for $80.00 and I called to ask why and they said they automatically take payments out of your account when you have a balance. You have that option or to give them outright $200.00 to cover any balances. I was angry. I am an adult and pay my bills on time when they are due. I was not happy when they took money out of my account without even a warning. When I called to speak with them about this they did not seem to care because I had signed all the financial forms. I understand I should have read all the info more thoroughly, but I just felt a little tricked. Other than that, I really liked the office as it was right next to my work, the doctor, and the nurse I most frequently encountered. The office was always clean and I never had too long of a wait.
I believe the IUI was right at $1,000. My husband's HCG shots were about $200 every 3 weeks or so that Dr. Davenport recommended would help with his sperm count. I believe my office visits were about $65.
Describe Brett Davenport's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
We did not do IVF with Dr. Davenport.
Brett Davenport
Madison
I saw him [Dr. Harper] the very first day I had an appointment. I was more comfortable with the nurse practitioner than I was with him. I actually know more about her than I do him. She did my IUI not him...Ask more questions and know what your options are before going into the appointment because you will never seen him, just the nurses...
The nurses [at Hunt Repro Med] are very kind and helpful but I have only seen the doctor once. So to me I feel like more of a number because he won't tell me what's going on just the nurses...They are wonderful and understanding. They learn your name and make conversation with you so you don't feel uncomfortable
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I saw him the very first day I had an appointment. I was more comfortable with the nurse practitioner than I was with him. I actually know more about her than I do him. She did my IUI not him.
The nurses are very kind and helpful but I have only seen the doctor once. So to me I feel like more of a number because he won't tell me what's going on just the nurses
My blood work and ultrasounds were about 200$ for about 2 of them.