Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1000 E. Park Blvd.
Boise, ID 83712
208-342-5900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

3 doctors
2019 - 2020
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Doctor Maas took the time to learn my case and actually sit down and have an hour long discussion about my fertility and the plan... I always felt comfortable and very open with Dr Maas. He is very relatable because he has gone through treatment himself with his wife. He understands my chromosome issue and is going to find whatever way he can to help my family grow....First transfer of donor embryo just the normal cycle with progesterone and estradiol. 2nd transfer very similar just tweaked the meds a bit. Since then I have done and ERA and now have a new protocol. I will be taking prednisone as it was recommended (I declined on my own for the first 2 transfers and that could have been the issue).
Dr Maas and the staff have been nothing short of amazing and I am so happy I switched clinics. I feel cared for much better... My nurse is okay, I do feel like a pest sometimes which makes me feel uncomfortable. I just try and remember I am not the only patient...Just when the ERA results finally came in I received an email from the nurse stating we would move forward with the new protocol. I did not receive a call from her or the doctor to let me know about my results or what the new protocol was. I did get a call within 10 minutes of asking someone to call me though
2019 - 2020
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be ready to have a notepad! He is full of knowledge and ready to help you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Kevin Maas used in your cycles at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
First transfer of donor embryo just the normal cycle with progesterone and estradiol. 2nd transfer very similar just tweaked the meds a bit. Since then I have done and ERA and now have a new protocol. I will be taking prednisone as it was recommended (I declined on my own for the first 2 transfers and that could have been the issue). My body is possibly rejecting the embryo and treating it as a foreign body.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Zabrina)
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t have any weakness complaints. This is a long process, just be patient. It’s very hard and a long road. Dr Maas and the staff have been nothing short of amazing and I am so happy I switched clinics. I feel cared for much better
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I have done donor fees, ultrasound fees, blood draw fees, transfer fees. Last year my husband and I spent close to 40k with them. Also, Dr Maas has been very good and helping out where he can and cutting some of his own fees.
Describe Kevin Maas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
He does prefer single embryo transfer, although after my first failed I did request 2 embryos the 2nd transfer. He allowed me to do this and made sure I understood the risks.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Boise

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Slater states the facts in terms a patient can understand, she takes her time explaining your options. She is caring and wants the best for her patient. I was very hesitant during the first exam, and she calm me down and explained each step as she was doing it and was gentle during the exam. ... Dr. Slater states the facts in terms a patient can understand, she takes her time explaining your options.
The staff [ID Ctr for Repro Med] are friendly and easy to talk to. They are always willing to find out answers to the questions we call in for. The staff at the clinic are very supportive and encouraging. they always know what to say when things didn't go right and they keep the clinic running on a timely manner . The clinic itself is clean and a relaxed atmosphere.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She gives blunt, honest answers, and real facts. She wants what is best, so she says what is best and doesn't try to beat around the bush.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Slater took the time to explain everything in detail regarding IVF. She was very considerate with our questions and didn't rush through explaining all options, success rates, cost, etc.
Describe the protocols Cristin Slater used in your cycles at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I'm just starting my protocol, but in the initial meeting she set a approximate timeline on how the cycle would look, and we have still been on track with her timeline.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara Hill)
The staff, and Kara have been great! They ate always so caring and respectful on the phone. Kara is easy to get ahold of and emails you to stay in connection with.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is awesome. The staff are friendly and easy to talk to. They are always willing to find out answers to the questions we call in for. The staff at the clinic are very supportive and encouraging. they always know what to say when things didn't go right and they keep the clinic running on a timely manner . The clinic itself is clean and a relaxed atmosphere.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Approximately 25000$ is what we were quoted so far.
Describe Cristin Slater's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Slater explained most options and also frozen embryos and PGS testing. She did recommend what she thought was our best option given our age, condition, etc.
Boise

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Produced 16 eggs, 10 embryos, 6 survived and 4 PGS tested embryos [with Dr. Kevin Mass]...is an advocate for single embryo transfer and his rationale is supported with data and the comment “I would hate to tell my children their delays are due to a decision I made.” He is very persuasive in this regard...always takes the time to explain everything and offer his personal experience to help normalize infertility. His compassion, empathy, and knowledge are evident.
The clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] worked with us to provide a discount when a research protocol didn’t work in our favor...The medical staff is exceptional. Their service is highlighted by compassion, empathy, and knowledge that makes the process easy and effortless even though it can be daunting and stressful. At times we struggled with admin staff expecting decisions for treatment we didn’t have answers for and that was frustrating. While the billing department has a tough job, more focus on client support and service would be beneficial for overall experience.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Maas continues to prove time and time again that his compassion and empathy for this process are values when he is treating patients. Dr. Maas always is open and available to any questions and concerns we might have. His conservative yet deliberate approach to treatment is reassuring and comforting in an otherwise scary and uncomfortable experience.
Be open and ask as many questions as you have. Know that his direction and opinion are there for a reason.
Dr. Maas always takes the time to explain everything and offer his personal experience to help normalize infertility. His compassion, empathy, and knowledge are evident.
IVF cycle: Agonist with menopur, gonal-f, and Lupron. Produced 16 eggs, 10 embryos, 6 survived and 4 PGS tested embryos. FET: progesterone and estradiol valerate injections. Resulted in ectopic pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hilton, Zabrina Kopp, Natalie Levin)
Nursing staff is amazing! They show compassion, empathy, and really feel the successes and fails with you.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Treatment costs were significant. The clinic worked with us to provide a discount when a research protocol didn’t work in our favor.
Dr. Maas is an advocate for single embryo transfer and his rationale is supported with data and the comment “I would hate to tell my children their delays are due to a decision I made.” He is very persuasive in this regard.

2017 - 2019
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
[Dr. Slater is] smart, approachable, and treats patients kindly. She talks fast sometimes, like hard to understand, but she is respectful and explains things if asked. My only complaint is that I had previously gone to a naturopath and had some hormone tests done (saliva) and she didn’t acknowledge them because they weren’t blood and so they didn’t make as much sense to her traditional medical experience.
Strengths [of Idaho Ctr for Repro Med]: organized, prompt, clean, friendly staff. Weakness: just one: Michelle the administrative assistant who deals with billing. My husband and I have always been prompt with payments and never gripes about anything. We got an old bill that we had never seen before sent to us and it arrived on Friday. When I went in the next Monday for my appointment, I was directed to her office and the first thing she said was “I was about to send this to collections.”
2017 - 2019
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She’s smart, approachable, and treats patients kindly. She talks fast sometimes, like hard to understand, but she is respectful and explains things if asked. My only complaint is that I had previously gone to a naturopath and had some hormone tests done (saliva) and she didn’t acknowledge them because they weren’t blood and so they didn’t make as much sense to her traditional medical experience. I trust her with the treatments she’s given and I appreciate her successful experience.
Don’t be afraid to ask about what to expect next. She is good about answering questions.
I’ve spent more time with her staff than her, but both have responded quickly and professionally to any questions or concerns along the way. She has never talked down to me and is open.
I had an HSG done before starting and at some point, a water ultrasound. Cycle 1) medicated cycle with letrozole and a trigger shot while monitoring follicle growth. Food follicle sizes, no pregnancy Cycle 2) same thing, except I think I needed an increased dose of letrozole and gonal-f (I think) with a trigger shot, timed intercourse, got pregnant, miscarried at 9 weeks Cycle 3) same as the first, timed intercourse, chemical pregnancy. Thyroid panel and RPL blood work-up done. I had high anti-TPO, nothing more. Cycle 4) timed intercourse again (it seemed to be working for us). Letrozole with a trigger shot was used, no pregnancy. My husband and I requested to do a round of IVF. Dr. Slater agreed. She recommended a frozen transfer as I would probably be a high egg producer, we opted for the pgs testing anyway, so we started with the BCP, (oh and I started taking levothyroxine because she retested my thyroid at some point and it was low) stims included menopur, gonal-f, and and a lupron trigger (don’t know if I’m remembering all) Egg retrieval yielded 30 eggs, 15 fertilized (no ICSI), 10 biopsies at day 5, and 6 were chromasomally normal. We’re now waiting to transfer in a few days. Medications to prepare for the transfer include: low dose aspirin, estradiol valerate and progesterone in oil, and medrol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara Hill )
Kara and the others have all been wonderful! Respectful, prompt responses to e-mails or phone calls, compassionate, pleasant to be around, etc.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: organized, prompt, clean, friendly staff. Weakness: just one: Michelle the administrative assistant who deals with billing. My husband and I have always been prompt with payments and never gripes about anything. We got an old bill that we had never seen before sent to us and it arrived on Friday. When I went in the next Monday for my appointment, I was directed to her office and the first thing she said was “I was about to send this to collections.” This was very upsetting because if we knew we owed, we would’ve paid. I had to get my wallet, when I returned, she mumbled something about it getting stuck with insurance and that’s why they hadn’t sent the bill, so it want our fault. No apology, and rude. I mentioned this to the financial counselor, who is great, and she apologized for her. Everyone else has been kind.
IVF/PGS freeze all cycle: 10,728 Pgs biopsy and shipping: 100.00 Anesthesia: 550.00 Meds and the pgs testing were separate. Transfer: 2,970 Plus meds. I don’t remember the costs for the medicated cycles.
She was ok with us transferring two, but provided statistics of likelihood of multiples and the average gestational period for twins and triplets. It was our decision to transfer one or two. We decided on one and are waiting for our first transfer
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I forgot about this. The day (or two) before the egg retrieval, they did a blood test to make sure the estrogen levels were good. They called and said they had dropped way down, but immediately they were suspicious. Turns out the lab had tested my blood from the wrong day and I was fine, but it caused me to have to leave work and rush over to get extra meds before they closed.
Boise

Dr. Maas is extremely thorough. He goes over every detail and every scenario. ... He was earnest and honest and made me feel so comfortable, like we were two friends chatting. He even had power points, and as a visual learner I found this very helpful! ... I thought for sure he would recommend going straight to IVF, which he did not. I appreciated the fact that I didn't feel pushed into anything.
They [Idaho Center for Repro Med] have you pay as you go along. ... Communication is a bit difficult. They do not use their patient portal at all (but they have you set one up...?) So I emailed someone about lab results and no one ever responded to me. Then I called the clinic and they said "Oh yeah, we don't really use the portal". So that was a bit frustrating. The front office staff is kind, but they do have some newer people who don't know all the details yet.
European, Other
Dr. Maas is extremely thorough. He goes over every detail and every scenario. I had a LOT of questions and he answered them all. He was absolutely amazing. He was earnest and honest and made me feel so comfortable, like we were two friends chatting. He even had power points, and as a visual learner I found this very helpful! He was open and honest about his own fertility journey with his wife, and it made him seem even more understanding. Knowing that I was new to the area, he even gave me a list of restaurants to try! I didn't feel rushed at all, it was a great appointment.
Please book and appointment with him!
Dr. Maas talked to me like any other person. He didn't act like he felt bad for me, he acted like I was normal! He was open and kind, and chatted with me like we were friends.
I had 4 failed IUI's under my belt when I went to Dr. Maas. I thought for sure he would recommend going straight to IVF, which he did not. I appreciated the fact that I didn't feel pushed into anything. He said he thought we could push my body further with injectable medications. We used Gonal-F, and I did end up with five follicles. My IUI still failed, but I did learn that I respond fairly well to meds, so that was good to know moving forward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Jen was thorough with all the details. She was also the one who did my IUI and she was VERY compassionate and kind to me throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They have you pay as you go along. With our other clinic, you had to pay a flat fee before the IUI. Here you pay after every appointment.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Maas' nurse was supposed to call in my prescription on a Monday. I went to pick it up Tuesday morning and the prescription was not there. I had to call the clinic twice, leaving a message the second time. I NEVER got a callback. I had to call the pharmacy several times to see if the medication was there. It finally appeared in the pharmacy but no one ever called to let me know it had been resolved.

Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Slater has been comprehensive in explanations. She has always answered questions and addressed conserns and been good about checking in and adjusting treatment as we go. As a Single women going through treatment she has done all she can to help and at the same time helped to keep costs down to the best of her ability. I’ve felt comfortable with her from the beginning. She as well has always been open and honest about treatment options and given recommendations but not pushed me into a treatment before I was ready.
I’ve had no problems with the clinic [Idaho Ctr for Reproductive Med] so far. The staff is friendly and supportive, no matter we’re they are at in the chain. Appointments have generally been on time. They take their time with me but at the same time get me in and out for appointments.... The nursing staff have all been supportive, accessible, prompt at returning communications and easy to talk to
Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Ask questions and if you don’t understand, ask for clarification.
I have always been listened to. My questions and conserns have always been addressed. Most of the staff know my name and are always friendly, supportive and some of my biggest cheerleaders. I’ve never felt apprehensive about going into the clinic and even look forward to it most of the time.
Most of my protocols have included clomid, trigger and IUI. I have reacted well to the clomid so there wasn’t any reason to use high doses. But given my age, a blocked tube, a high number of failed IUIs and several failed pregnancies, my current option to continue is IVF. Which I’m in the beginning stages of starting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maria(iui)/Kara(IVF))
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve had no problems with the clinic so far. The staff is friendly and supportive, no matter we’re they are at in the chain. Appointments have generally been on time. They take their time with me but at the same time get me in and out for appointments.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I felt like a number because I was doing IUI with donor sperm and not managed or monitored well. I have met with the doctor and reviewed all my concerns and issues....Dr. Maas was very receptive to hearing my concerns and admitted that some of the issues were related to him not having me come in to see him when changing from natural to medicated IUI cycles. He has been candid and compassionate and is making changes in the clinic processes
When you call the office [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] and leave messages anyone in the office calls you back and doesn’t seem to know anything about you. IVF preparation has been different I have met with IVF Coordinator and have gotten a ton of information and I respond with her via email which has gone much sooner than the care I received during IUI.... Too busy, not enough doctors/staff to see the patient referrals. New patient appts are now 2+ months out.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Ask to speak to him if you ever need clarification of have concerns with the clinic
I felt like a number because I was doing IUI with donor sperm and not managed or monitored well. I have met with the doctor and reviewed all my concerns and issues. Now that I am pursuing IVF I feel more like a human.
I underwent 2 IUIs naturally with my cycle. Then was given Clomid 100mg for the next 2 IUIs. My 5th IUI was with Letrozole 5mg. I was not educated about trigger injections and how they can give you the best possible chance. The staff assumed I had been given information and every time they asked me if I had a trigger injection I said I was given one it was documented that i adamantly refused them. I found out later I was supposed to have baseline US prior to starting Clomid and Letrozole and was never told to do so. The IUI was mismanaged by the clinic staff. All IUIs resulted in negative HCG tests.
From the time of my initial consult in Feb 2018, he has had 3 MAs. Given that I was treated like a number and not a person there was no one invested in my care. When you call the office and leave messages anyone in the office calls you back and doesn’t seem to know anything about you. IVF preparation has been different I have met with IVF Coordinator and have gotten a ton of information and I respond with her via email which has gone much sooner than the care I received during IUI.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Too busy, not enough doctors/staff to see the patient referrals. New patient appts are now 2+ months out. There are some process changes currently in progress with the clinic that if there is a change in care/management for IUIs patients will be scheduled with the doctor to discuss it in detail so that the patient is more informed.
IUIs $285 US was $225 IVF $15k (this is coat for single cycle) and $3000 for FET. Will be proceeding with IVF this month through Attain 2 cycle program. Consultations $350
Not yet. I am pursuing IVF this month
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Have described the issues in previous comments

3 IUI, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
During our consultation he [Dr. Kevin Maas] reviewed our history, listened to our story of our loss ending in a stillborn. He watch me cry...and consoled me and my husband. He was very caring and empathetic to our situation. If I didn't understand something, Dr. Maas literally drew a picture of my uterus on a piece of paper so I could understand the need for surgery for removing a septum. I felt at ease and hopeful but realistic each time I left his doctors office.
Autumn at the front reception [at ID Center for Reproductive Med] is amazing and knows where to go for anything. Its okay to be scared but these guys will take good care. Just also be sure to ask your own questions. I also love that the billing department/office is not at the front desk. Your account is private as it should be so that is taken care of on your way out and not in front of the world. It was very reassuring of my privacy.
3 IUI, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr Maas surprised me on our first visit. My husband and I walked in with worry, trying to understand and hoped to get answers about my body and its unwillingness to retain a pregnancy. Other obgyn's and Family MD's tell you, "Make whoopie more often" to address infertility issues. Not Dr Maas. During our consultation he reviewed our history, listened to our story of our loss ending in a stillborn. He watch me cry...and consoled me and my husband. He was very caring and empathetic to our situation. If I didn't understand something, Dr. Maas literally drew a picture of my uterus on a piece of paper so I could understand the need for surgery for removing a septum. I felt at ease and hopeful but realistic each time I left his doctors office.
Its okay to share your experience and trust him. He isn't just a doctor knowing how to correct some infertility issues, he is human and knows we are too. He will do his best and give his most honest option in a realistic way. He smiles too!
The staff is kind and gentle with our feelings which was a surprise to me because I was expecting to be just a number. The opposite happened as each staff member made me and my husband comfortable, informed and at ease throughout our process.
First we had to address the reason for my miscarriages and stillborn. We did water ultrasounds and dye ultrasounds to see what the shape of my uterus was. Then diagnosed with a Septum in my uterus. That prevented any egg or embryo to attach to that section of my uterus to receive full nutrition during pregnancy. Despite it being not so great news, I understood the why. Next remove that septum with surgery. After the surgery we received color photos of before/during/after shots of my interior uterus. Very informative and interesting. We had to get my uterus up to par to carry a child. So then proceeded with IUI because it was the least expensive option for our needs. Each month with Clomid and other injections (not covered by insurance) to help with my Egg growth. Turned out because of my age, we learned my eggs are not of the best quality. Next step - Egg Donor. We hoped we could afford an egg donor so I could feel at ease knowing there is still part of my husband in our child but the costs there are not covered by insurance. Since we had done three IUI's, Egg Donor and IVF for both the Donor and Myself would be required. I am currently on a waitlist for a donated Egg from those who've completed their families. Overall this is a difficult and stressful process but it was easier knowing I could reach out to Dr Maas for guidance on what is next. He is devoted to helping us build our family as we move forward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shana)
I had Shana for my first couple of visits before she moved to a position as Egg Donor Coordinator. I love her! She made me feel so comfortable, supported and has an excellent bedside manner with a happy disposition each time I see her.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Autumn at the front reception is amazing and knows where to go for anything. Its okay to be scared but these guys will take good care. Just also be sure to ask your own questions. I also love that the billing department/office is not at the front desk. Your account is private as it should be so that is taken care of on your way out and not in front of the world. It was very reassuring of my privacy.
Our health insurance covered everything but the Medications and Dr. Maas portion of Surgery Expenses. Other than that we were good with what we received. Moving forward with a more extensive procedure like IVF, it might be more only due to our Insurance.
Boise

[Dr. Cristin Slater is] Very blunt, set in her ways, not willing to think outside the box or do further testing to figure out what is wrong. Shuts down any recommendations to try something new, doesn't recommend any supplements that may help, doesn't recommend updated blood tests or semen analysis. Thinks endometriosis isn't something to check for..... She didn't customize anything to us and wanted to repeat the same generic protocol for over 9 months until I finally said enough is enough.
Clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Med] is clean, front desk and billing staff are super nice. The lab has nice people drawing blood.. Blood results come back same-day. Some IUI tables recline to help sperm swim upward but not all, which is disappointing. Some ultrasound machines are older and poor quality.... Ultrasounds are $220 each. Consultations are $350 or whatever your specialist copay is with your insurance. Bloodwork will be billed to your insurance but is likely not covered. HSG procedure is under $500 after it's billed to insurance. IUI's are $350 for sperm washing and procedure. Baseline ultrasounds are not required which I wish I was told at first because that would have saved me a lot of money to skip it.
You'll be treated with the same protocol as literally everyone else.
Just Letrozole for over 9 months and lining was terrible. Did three IUI's when we probably shouldn't have because situations weren't ideal. Wasted so much money. Finally I spoke up and demanded medication to help thicken my lining and add shots to cycle. Still not pregnant.
Helpful, some more than others, and well educated. Some were very great cheerleaders which was appreciated.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is clean, front desk and billing staff are super nice. The lab has nice people drawing blood.. Blood results come back same-day. Some IUI tables recline to help sperm swim upward but not all, which is disappointing. Some ultrasound machines are older and poor quality.
She will let you do both.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I just feel like this doctor treats everyone as a number and doesn't look at individual issues. The staff is great but talking to someone different every single time is really hard and unreliable. You won't see the doctor unless you schedule a consult with her.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
As a patient of Dr. Slater's I felt like I was in good hands. She had/has amazing results with IVF and donor egg IVF, we just knew we had found the right one. She did a phone consult with us and was so knowledgeable and informative, it was amazing. When we did our DE transfer she was genuinely excited for us and how many eggs made it to day 5/6!... We did Lupron shots for about 2 months before our transfer. We did Estrogen IM shots every Tues./Fri and IM PIO shots as well. Everything has worked so far!
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
She is so nice and friendly, but will also tell you how it is, which I appreciate.
We had a few appts. at this clinic on the same day and we were running late with one of the appts. She still made time to see us even though we were 1.5 hours late. We were in the office, but chatting away with our egg donor coordinator and lost track of time. They made sure we were still seen by Dr. Slater.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara)
She was with Dr. Slater both times we saw her and she was very nice. When she called me to see how our first ultrasound went she was so happy to hear that it had went well.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
ICRM has been a dream to work with so far. Everyone is SO knowledgeable. It's like these people were created for the jobs they have. Cortney, the Donor Egg coordinator, is the NICEST person you will ever meet. Going through the DE process is honestly terrifying. She has made the process stress free and almost kind of fun. She knew exactly what donor she wanted us to use, and she was literally 100% on. Our donor could be my sibling she looks so much like me. The rest of the staff has been incredible as well. Always getting back to my emails ASAP, calling me to check up, and just overall going out of their way to make me and my husband excited for our next steps. Like I said before, going through the Donor process is hard, nerve-racking and it was sad at first. Knowing my child won't share my genetics was a hard pill to swallow. But we have had amazing results with these guys so far! I am 8w2d as I write this and we have 9 beautiful eggs on ice!
We are going through a "split" Donor Egg cycle so costs are really going to vary. But the costs are something we can actually afford, where as in our home state we can't afford the process here. At ICRM they have SO many options for you. In total I think our process will be under $23k (we are hoping, we don't have final numbers yet) for a fresh donor transfer with blasts to freeze!
Dr. Slater asked what we wanted to do and I said one embryo. I am super young and am very petite so am worried that if we did 2 and ended up with twins, my body wouldn't be able to handle it. She was supportive of that.

2016 - 2019
[Dr. Kevin Mass] is straight forward with all information and is quick to explain all the technical pieces that can be quite confusing. He spent time getting to know my husband and I, and shared his own family fertility...We did 3 cycles of meds with timed intercourse and tons of ultrasounds. We had 2 failed treatments and found success with our 3rd treatment that resulted in a beautiful baby boy. We decided to try for another child after a year and we had to add injections along with a higher dose of meds. We did 4 rounds the second time but did not have the same luck...
Diane and Tammy sat down with us and explained the cost breakdown and the financing options [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine]...They [staff] understand what you’re going through both physically and mentally and they make you feel so safe. They communicate and check in on you during and between rounds...They were amazing, from my nurse, to the ultrasound technician...We did 3 cycles of meds with timed intercourse and tons of ultrasounds. We had 2 failed treatments and found success with our 3rd treatment that resulted in a beautiful baby boy. We decided to try for another child after a year and we had to add injections along with a higher dose of meds. We did 4 rounds the second time but did not have the same luck. As a couple we decided to stop after that.
2016 - 2019
Dr.Maas met with us at each visit even if he was not giving treatment. He was there every step of the way and showed great understanding and compassion. He shared in our ups and downs and was truly invested in our journey.
If you have questions or concerns call. your visits contain a lot of information and it is ok to get lost with it all. Just reach out, they will be happy to clarify and help.
Dr. Maas is straight forward with all information and is quick to explain all the technical pieces that can be quite confusing. He spent time getting to know my husband and I, and shared his own family fertility.
Dr.Maas was quite thorough, we had a sit down and explained history and treatment options. He then had my husbands sperm tested and tested me to see if my tubes were even open. Once he had that information her created a plan specific to us. We did 3 cycles of meds with timed intercourse and tons of ultrasounds. We had 2 failed treatments and found success with our 3rd treatment that resulted in a beautiful baby boy. We decided to try for another child after a year and we had to add injections along with a higher dose of meds. We did 4 rounds the second time but did not have the same luck. As a couple we decided to stop after that.
They were amazing, from my nurse, to the ultrasound technician. I appreciated the help Tammy and Diane offered and the help I could always count on.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They understand what you’re going through both physically and mentally and they make you feel so safe. They communicate and check in on you during and between rounds. It is a sacred place that requires some special people!
The treatments were not cheap and they were not covered by my insurance but even with that Diane and Tammy sat down with us and explained the cost breakdown and the financing options.
Boise

The clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Med] is well organized and friendly. All employees show their care regarding your personal journey, and express their hope for your success. Each member of the team was professional in their position, and they work well within their office at communicating regarding the patient cycle and care. They work diligently to offer assistance through various financial programs to lower cycle and medication costs. There are many of the staff members
Dr. Slater is very professional, and gives a very detailed explanation of how the IVF process works. Her knowledge on the topic is amazing. We only saw Dr. Slater twice, but she has an amazing team of staff members that we felt very comfortable seeing. Although our first cycle was not successful, we feel confident going back to Dr. Slater for another cycle. When we asked to meet with her to discuss our embryo PGS results, she had no hesitation, and took time to meet with us to explain the results. While it was a very difficult time, she gave us a better understanding, and hope that there can be a different outcome. We look forward to the future care we will continue to receive at ICRM.
Kara was absolutely amazing! She was so helpful, and had outstanding communication with us throughout our cycle. I was able to reach her by phone and email, and she always responded within a very reasonable amount of time. She displayed compassion and professionalism at every appointment.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is well organized and friendly. All employees show their care regarding your personal journey, and express their hope for your success. Each member of the team was professional in their position, and they work well within their office at communicating regarding the patient cycle and care. They work diligently to offer assistance through various financial programs to lower cycle and medication costs. There are many of the staff members who have gone through infertility treatments, and their compassion shows that.
Based on age and health (under 30 and healthy), Dr. Slater recommended that we transfer one embryo. Although, we need made it to embryo transfer.
Boise

During the initial consultation, Dr. Maas was extremely kind and he described our options thoroughly. I felt informed and educated. He didn't try and persuade us to one infertility treatment over another. ... Dr. Maas was friendly and informative, but he was not super personable. ... Overall, I don't feel like communication is that great between him and his patients. I think more contact with the doctor would have made our experience smoother and made me feel more comfortable.
Conflicted information was when told best places to give shots. ... Most insurances aren't taken there [ID Ctr for Repro Medicine]. ... We were told we would be assigned someone who would be with us through the entire egg retrieval process... that did not happen. ... There are some amazing nurses though!!! ... Clinic has a discount you can apply for if you are within a specific income range. ... Sometimes the front office staff can get the order mixed up even for just a blood draw.
During the initial consultation, Dr. Maas was extremely kind and he described our options thoroughly. I felt informed and educated. He didn't try and persuade us to one infertility treatment over another. He did state what dangers there were for me if we tried doing an IUI, which helped us make a decision we felt comfortable with. He has wonderful slide presentation that explained the different infertility treatments perfectly. After the consultation, the only times we have seen him were the day of the egg retrieval and the day of the frozen embryo transfer. We did speak with him briefly on the phone a few times. These phone calls took place when we were told how many eggs fertilized, when discussing how many embryo to transfer, and next steps after our first negative FET. The phone calls were short and to the point. Overall, I don't feel like communication is that great between him and his patients. I think more contact with the doctor would have made our experience smoother and made me feel more comfortable.
Make sure to ask him questions. If you have a concern, make sure to bring it up! A lot of the information I was given was because I asked. I asked to speak with the doctor. I would say it's important to do your own research as well. Don't make decisions just off of what he recommends. Genetic testing and ERA are both important ones to research on your own.
Dr. Maas was friendly and informative, but he was not super personable. After our first failed FET, he didn't communicate with us. The communication came from the coordinator. Truthfully, it would have been easier to process the news of a failed frozen embryo transfer if we were given an explanation or suggestion of the next best step. It's hard news to hear, but I think it would be better to hear that news from the doctor.
Interestingly enough, this question made me realize I wasn't ever told why he used the specific protocol and what the differences were. (This was for the egg retrieval) This is exactly why I would say it's important to do your research so you can know what questions to ask. I don't know why he chose the specific protocols and strategies, that was never explained to me.
The nurses are all kind and sweet, but hard to get to know them. We were told we would be assigned someone who would be with us through the entire egg retrieval process... that did not happen. Each time I came in for an ultra sound it was with someone different, and I didn't get phone calls from the same nurse either. I spoke with a lot of different nurses. It makes it a lot less personal. There are some amazing nurses though!!! I truly appreciated many of them! Jen is amazing!
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic has a discount you can apply for if you are within a specific income range. Most insurances aren't taken there. Little frustrated that the pregnancy blood test, which was a negative, was $160. Wish I would have known to ask if that test could be taken somewhere else where insurance would cover. (Not sure if that's an option, but worth asking) Appointments go quick, especially if you have to head to work, but I have never had a hard time getting the appointment time I need. I don't have to be into work until later than most though. Sometimes the front office staff can get the order mixed up even for just a blood draw. That can be frustrating with how much time the process is anyways. If you are checking in make sure you are assertive and communicate with them if you are waiting more than ten minutes. Another frustration was that a prescription was called into a pharmacy. The pharmacist informed us that the same prescription could be filled at Walgreens for $5! At the pharmacy the clinic called it into, it was over $100!!!!!!! When it comes to medications, definitely do your research!!
Frozen embryo transfer JUST FOR CLINIC FEES, NOT MEDS. Around $2,900 Egg retrieval, freeze-all. JUST FOR CLINIC FEES, NOT MEDS. Around $8,700 (not including any extra fees, anesthesia not inlucded, icsi, storage of embryo, etc)
I appreciated this about Dr. Maas. He told us all the possible dangers, but also helped us feel comfortable with any decision that we would make. He clarified questions that we had about single embryo transfer versus multiple. Felt like he would never recommend more than two, but would be supportive of your personal decision.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I filled out paperwork, and had to refill it out because it was lost. Conflicted information was when told best places to give shots. It made a huge difference to be in the right spot.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Maas has always taken the time to explain the situation and course of treatment and has offered free consultations to answer questions that my wife and I had about changes in treatment options.... The original course of action was to use Clomid to to induce ovulation. When it was found that my wife was fairly resistant to ovulation on Clomid alone, Dr. Maas incorporated injectables to help stimulate ovulation, which has worked 3 out of 3 times. We are attempting IUI's for now as a less invasive and less expensive course of treatment, for now. Nothing has resulted in a positive pregnancy test, yet.
The clinic [ID Center for Reproductive Med] is clean, organized and seems to run like a clock. If you are scheduled at 9am, show up at 8:45 and expect to be called at 9am on the dot, or even a little early if you are already checked in. The nursing staff is amazing and wonderful to work with. They are all a wealth of knowledge and are happy to ask any questions that you may have, so don't hold back. I can't say enough good things about the clinic.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Maas has an incredible team that he works with which helps. We know he has a lot of patients other than us, but we don't feel that way when we see him. He is very compassionate and offers up as much or as little informations as you want. We are very pleased with the level of care that Dr. Maas has given us.
Ask a lot of questions, he will give you the answers you are looking for in a way that you can understand and digest.
The nursing staff has been amazing. Every single one of them is compassionate and caring and very personable. We haven't had a single bad experience with any of them.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, organized and seems to run like a clock. If you are scheduled at 9am, show up at 8:45 and expect to be called at 9am on the dot, or even a little early if you are already checked in. The nursing staff is amazing and wonderful to work with. They are all a wealth of knowledge and are happy to ask any questions that you may have, so don't hold back. I can't say enough good things about the clinic.
Boise

Going into the consultation he [Dr. Maas] was very friendly, made us feel hopeful when we weren’t feeling that way at all beforehand. I do have to say since the consultation we have only seen him one other time after 5 months of going there, I thought we would be dealing with him more than we have been...First he did a hsg test to see if there was any blockage and he didn’t see any, so then they put me clomid and ordered me an HCG shot. I went in to check my folicles and I ovulated before I even did the HCG shot so they started to schedule me for the IUI and then they called me after we left to tell me my uterine lining was too thin and they wouldn’t suggest going through with IUI. I believe Dr. Maas was out of town for this so the nurse asked another doctor. After that we tried again the next month but with femara and we actually did the HCG shot as well, when they checked my follicles they said they were great but my lining was still thin so I was put on Estrace until the day of the IUI. They had me come back in two weeks for a blood test to see if I was pregnant, I wasn’t. So they wanted to try some different injectible medications and I had left a message to the nurse that I was supposed to and they called me back too late so I wasn’t able to do anything that cycle either. So far we still haven’t received a positive pregnancy but we are still trying.
Autumn who works at the front desk and Tami who takes care of payments [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] are two of the most sweetest, comforting, and compassionate people I have ever had to deal with. It’s always a pleasure talking to them even when I feel like crying they are always just so kind...I mentioned earlier that my nurse went on maternity leave and I feel like things haven’t run as smoothly since she has left. I have not received phone calls back after I leave a message, I wasn’t even told if there is a different person I should be talking to since she did leave. There have just been a few issues with that, but nothing major.
He was very friendly and made us feel comfortable. I felt like we’ve had a lot of people give us the run around before him and he didn’t seem worried about everything everyone else had said. It made me a little uncomfortable at first because I wanted him to just check everything for both of us. But he was really trying to help save us money where he could and I knew I just had to trust him. Him sharing his fertility issues with his wife definitely made my husband and I feel not so alone in this process. We left feeling super hopeful for once. I feel like he does great with his patients I just wish that we could see him more for those times we do have a billion questions. I’ve heard that unless you’re doing IVF or that him and Dr. Slater won’t see you much and that is a little disappointing.just because we can’t afford to do that doesn’t mean we should be seen less.
Think of all your questions you might have, write them down if you have to and just make sure you ask him everything. Going through infertility is confusing and can be kind of scary and the more knowledge you have the better you feel, at least that’s how I feel. I would also say don’t expect to see him too much but don’t be scared to ask your questions to the nurses and others who help.
Going into the consultation he was very friendly, made us feel hopeful when we weren’t feeling that way at all beforehand. I do have to say since the consultation we have only seen him one other time after 5 months of going there, I thought we would be dealing with him more than we have been.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
My nurse was super on top of things, I try to track my cycle on my Ovia app, and it was telling me to take a pregnancy test later but she called to tell me I could take it that day. If I started my period I would leave a message and she would always get back to me the same day and tell me what the plan for the new month was. Unfortunately she is on maternity leave at the moment and I feel like I have had nothing but issues, no return phone calls from the nurse Ariel who is supposed to be taking care of her patients during that time. I don’t fault Ariel since I am sure she is taking on more patients but it is frustrating to not be able to get the same treatment I was receiving. Also I have to note that Autumn who works at the front desk and Tami who takes care of payments are two of the most sweetest, comforting, and compassionate people I have ever had to deal with. It’s always a pleasure talking to them even when I feel like crying they are always just so kind.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Just getting a consultation took months unfortunately, I know fertility isn’t cheap for anyone and I do think they try to help out where they can but the amount of money we spend each time we just go in is emotional all on it’s own. I think their biggest strength is their employees being compassionate and kind is just soo important when doing their job and it goes a long way.
Around $5000 maybe
Boise

I have only seen the doctor one time...6 plus months ago....Dr Slater was very thorough and precise when speaking with me....I didn’t know the protocol was clomid for days 2-6 because I never got any kind of instructions. So I only found out after two months of taking it on the incorrect days. I finally asked for a treatment calendar once I knew about it...There is little to no instruction or education provided...
The staff [ID Ctr for Repro Med] is very unprofessional and unreliable. I have had to call multiple times to ask questions and rarely receive a call back unless I make a fuss. I am emailed (which is very impersonal) and once received another persons lab orders/treatment plan by email. The MA seems scattered and unorganized. I was told they had my husband’s lab results then later that they didn’t and we had already started treatment. I wasn’t given a treatment calendar until I asked for one (once I knew such a thing existed).
The staff is very unprofessional and unreliable. I have had to call multiple times to ask questions and rarely receive a call back unless I make a fuss. I am emailed (which is very impersonal) and once received another persons lab orders/treatment plan by email. The MA seems scattered and unorganized. I was told they had my husband’s lab results then later that they didn’t and we had already started treatment. I wasn’t given a treatment calendar until I asked for one (once I knew such a thing existed). I have only seen the doctor one time...6 plus months ago. Very poor customer service and as a nurse I feel this is unethical...with no other fertility clinics to choose from people are stuck to endure it if they want a baby. I also asked to get a PA for a medication, which wasn’t completed and when I called to find out what happened all I got were excuses. Once I expressed my frustration the MA took responsibility and apologized but it doesn’t take back the last several months of additional stress I have had to put up with.
Do your research first because you have to manage a lot of things yourself. There is little to no instruction or education provided by this clinic.
Dr Slater was very thorough and precise when speaking with me.
Clomid 100mg on days 3-7 then gonal on day 9 U/S on day 10 and then day 12 again triggered with ovidrel that day then times intercourse at 12,24,36hrs clomid 100mg days 3-7 gonal on day 10 U/S day 12 triggered with ovidrel that day then timed intercourse 12,24,36hrs (I asked to switch the gonal and U/S days on this cycle) in hopes that I wouldn’t have to get two ultrasounds (which are $220 a piece)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Medical assistant Maria)
See comments listed previously
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very friendly reception staff, Autumn was very kind. The billing lady (Michelle) is kind of curt which was frustrating as this is a very stressful and expensive process. I called and asked to get some things added to my gap exemption and she took care of it but then went on in her email about how long it took her on the phone and how busy she was that day because one of the receptionists was out sick, very unprofessional.
$220 per ultrasound Gonal $65 per injection Ovidrel $50 per injection
Boise

Dr. Maas truly is one of the kindest people I’ve met. He’s an amazing listener, patient and made me feel so cared for during the process of IVF....Dr Maas knew exactly what do to and when do things necessary for treatment. Weather that meant adjusting medications, having conversations about results etc. He made sure I knew that through the planned protocol he wanted me to have a baby and it was important to him. Medications used were birth control, menopure, gonal, and leuprolide for ivf portion.
I love this clinic! They [Idaho Ctr for Reproductive Medicine] made me feel like a human instead of someone who’s broken. Always willing to help, always willing to accommodate. You can truly tell that they love what they do. Besides the obvious reasons of being there I look forward to meeting and talking with the staff.... With costs of medications and treatment I’m estimating $22,000. We chose to do icsy and pgs testing
Dr. Maas truly is one of the kindest people I’ve met. He’s an amazing listener, patient and made me feel so cared for during the process of IVF. He was always happy to see me and made sure I felt like he knew me personally ever time we spoke. I’m so greatful for him and his willingness to help us have a family.
Trust him 100%! Know that he has your best intentions, and has the same goals as you do! Believe in him and the process.
All of my concerns were validated and heard. I truly feel like he took the time to understand what I was going through and was able to emplithize with me. He was able to help me understand the process fully and made sure that I knew all available information.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hilton )
Great! Amazing at responding to messages and phone calls. Always willing to help. Very knowledgeable in the process.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I love this clinic! They made me feel like a human instead of someone who’s broken. Always willing to help, always willing to accommodate. You can truly tell that they love what they do. Besides the obvious reasons of being there I look forward to meeting and talking with the staff.
He felt very confident in each single embryo transferred. I appreciated that he was confident in his approach with me to help me carry a baby. I also appreciated that he treated my case individually instead of a one type fits all.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr Slater has been great. She is very smart and explains things very well. She shows compassion and empathy and really wants to help achieve my goal of getting pregnant.... I have endometriosis and one tube is blocked. My options for the most success is IVF. That is costly for me but we may have to go that route. In the meantime Dr Slater has mentioned IUI with an aggressive approach as far as fertility drugs go.
It [Idaho Ctr for Reproductive Med] has all been great as far as the Dr and nurses. The financial coordinator has been ok. Very nice but not as knowledgeable. Not very many treatment options financially to choose from so that’s a little frustrating and discouraging.... For IVF it’s going to cost close to 20,000. For IUI cost is close to 2,000... They [nurses] were great! Very compassionate and caring! They are all knowledgeable on your treatment plan and truly care about your treatment
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr Slater has been great. She is very smart and explains things very well. She shows compassion and empathy and really wants to help achieve my goal of getting pregnant. I have had two friends that have seen her and we’re successful. I am hopeful and positive that will be my outcome as well as is Dr Slater.
To ask all questions and not be afraid to ask. It may not be what you want to hear but it’s reality and Dr Slater will give you a straight forward answer in the most compassionate way. She is willing to work with you on your treatment plan so don’t get discouraged!
I think she is great. Very caring and shows compassion and empathy. I felt very comfortable talking with her.
I have endometriosis and one tube is blocked. My options for the most success is IVF. That is costly for me but we may have to go that route. In the meantime Dr Slater has mentioned IUI with an aggressive approach as far as fertility drugs go. We have not decided but with the best success being IVF we may decide to go that route.
They were great! Very compassionate and caring! They are all knowledgeable on your treatment plan and truly care about your treatment and hope for a successful pregnancy as much as you do!
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It has all been great as far as the Dr and nurses. The financial coordinator has been ok. Very nice but not as knowledgeable. Not very many treatment options financially to choose from so that’s a little frustrating and discouraging especially since we don’t have all this money up front to pay for treatment.
For IVF it’s going to cost close to 20,000. For IUI cost is close to 2,000

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Maas remembers who I am and certain details. He never rushed me when I had a million questions. And whenever I called with a question or concern he spoke to me with care.... He also always had a slideshow to explain the process which is good for me because I am a visual person. He took his time and always made sure I understood every step we were taking.... We were going to start IUI but we had to go through some test and blood work first.
The atmosphere [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] is nice. The front desk ladies are so helpful and always remember my name. I don;t feel like another number. I wish the billing lady was more available because I felt kind of lost with everything.... I would say we paid in total almost $2000. The IVF was going to be about $20,000.... Jennifer was very nice. But when I called to let her know we were unable to go through with IVF she didn't answer and I left a voicemail.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He is very detailed. He also always had a slideshow to explain the process which is good for me because I am a visual person. He took his time and always made sure I understood every step we were taking.
Never hesitate to ask questions and don’t ever feel that you can’t ask any questions.
We were going to start IUI but we had to go through some test and blood work first. He had given me a medication to start my monthly cycle and then we were put on birth control so we could time the IUI. After the test we ended up not following through with IUI and wanted to go straight to IVF. We spoke with Dr. Maas and went over the strategy and appointments. Our insurance didn't cover it and we were unable to get the loan for $20,000 and we are kind of at a stand still
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer was very nice. But when I called to let her know we were unable to go through with IVF she didn't answer and I left a voicemail. I was in tears when I called her because I felt like my whole world had just c rumbled. I never received a call back and when she did call me back a month later she said she was calling because she said she was told that we wanted to discuss IVF.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The atmosphere is nice. The front desk ladies are so helpful and always remember my name. I don;t feel like another number. I wish the billing lady was more available because I felt kind of lost with everything.
Everything was out of pocket. I would say we paid in total almost $2000. The IVF was going to be about $20,000
We decided on doing the 2 embryo transfer to make our odds of conceiving higher. He showed us a slide show and explained the process thoroughly.
Boise

My main problem is ovulation, I just don’t ovulate. So he [Dr. Kevin Mass] tried specific doses with me of medication and trigger shots combined with what he called his “Hail Mary”. We did this a few times, none of which worked - but through ultrasounds we could at least see what we needed to do next. Now we are just preparing and hoping to start IVF with him soon.
I love this clinic [ID Center for Reproductive Med-Boise]- the receptionist, the financial director, the ultrasound tech and my doctor - the only complaint I had was the nurse and maybe it was a fluke the couple of times. She just lacked compassion and in a sensitive situation it’s just hard to experience that.... My only complaint is that they fill up appointment wise super fast - but that’s out of their control. They’re super compassionate, very nice and the only person I felt lack of sympathy from was the nurse. Other than that everyone went above and beyond.
Honestly, like I explained we’ve seen a lot of doctors through our infertility journey and by far, Maas has been our favorite. He is just relatable and makes us feel comfortable. Not to mention how positive he is - this has been a long journey for us and it’s just been nice to have someone keep the positivity there when we are down.
The only thing I would say is - go in with questions. He is great at answering anything and everything, but if I don’t have them in my head or written down then I usually leave that appointment still trying to figure things out.
He really took the time to talk to me, explain my options and didn’t rush us into anything. We tried different approaches before ultimately reaching the IVF road that we are currently in. We’ve met with a lot of infertility doctors through the years and he honestly was just one of the most understanding, sympathetic and overall just listened rather than rushing into something.
My main problem is ovulation, I just don’t ovulate. So he tried specific doses with me of medication and trigger shots combined with what he called his “Hail Mary”. We did this a few times, none of which worked - but through ultrasounds we could at least see what we needed to do next. Now we are just preparing and hoping to start IVF with him soon.
I love this clinic - the receptionist, the financial director, the ultrasound tech and my doctor - the only complaint I had was the nurse and maybe it was a fluke the couple of times. She just lacked compassion and in a sensitive situation it’s just hard to experience that.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was incredible! My only complaint is that they fill up appointment wise super fast - but that’s out of their control. They’re super compassionate, very nice and the only person I felt lack of sympathy from was the nurse. Other than that everyone went above and beyond.
I mean, nothing about infertility is cheap. Our insurance isn’t accepted at their office which made it hard since bloodwork and stuff is covered (although nothing else is). We just had to turn in receipts to our insurance for reimbursement. But overall, it’s been pricey - but that’s just infertility.

2013 - 2018
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Slater always took time to explain to me what was happening with our treatments. She was clear on our chances of conceiving via IUI and then using a surrogate. We met in person, spoke on the phone, and corresponded via email.... The one negative is that she speaks really really quickly, but I found that to be good: not a lot of time wasted.... At every step, I felt like she wanted to help us, like the specific us, have a baby.
Their physical location [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] changed recently.... I hear their new place is lovely and big.... so helpful and nice. Like super normal people who remembered you EVERY visit.... Phone calls might not get returned until later in the evening... For my first egg retrieval, my email was spelled incorrectly, so I didn't get a notice that I owed $10,000 the day of the appointment. I also didn't receive the snail mail notification either.
2013 - 2018
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Slater was realistic with our possibilities and chances of having a "take home" baby. At every step, I felt like she wanted to help us, like the specific us, have a baby. The one negative is that she speaks really really quickly, but I found that to be good: not a lot of time wasted.
I recommend her if in Idaho. It's worth travelling to Boise if you aren't from that area.
Dr. Slater always took time to explain to me what was happening with our treatments. She was clear on our chances of conceiving via IUI and then using a surrogate. We met in person, spoke on the phone, and corresponded via email. The support staff at the ICRM was wonderful, too; it seemed like they all worked with Slater as a team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara Hill, Natalie Levin)
OMG, so helpful and nice. Like super normal people who remembered you EVERY visit.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Their physical location changed recently. Their old place on Main Street was a renovated house? It was a bit quirky. I hear their new place is lovely and big. Phone calls might not get returned until later in the evening, so if you call in the morning, in a panic with blood in your panties at 6 weeks along, you might not hear from anyone right away.
Pharmacy $6,643.62 Anesthesia $500.00 Retrieval Process $9,797.50
Slater was supportive of our decision to transfer a single embryo, rather than two. It's healthier for the fetus and for the carrier. We both understood that.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
For my first egg retrieval, my email was spelled incorrectly, so I didn't get a notice that I owed $10,000 the day of the appointment. I also didn't receive the snail mail notification either. Therefore, I showed up the day of unprepared to pay $10k. It was a bit scary.
Boise

Most of my interactions with the clinic [ICRM] broadly have made me feel like a number. It's often clear that they don't really know who I am as a patient. For example, a small glance at my file (or a note left in the computer, etc) would remind them that I don't have a husband, and allow them to avoid asking questions relevant only to people who do. I don't expect everyone in the clinic to remember personal details about all the patients. But there are ways to set themselves up to make it FEEL like they do-- or at least make it apparent that they took the time to flip open your chart before a conversation.
Dr. Slater is kind, and willing to answer as many questions as you have. I get the sense that she genuinely wants this process to be successful for her patients. If I had a primary suggestion to make, it would be to give some more attention to communicating in patient-friendly ways. Obviously, Dr. Slater has piles and piles of specialized scientific knowledge. And obviously, she is so immersed in the world of fertility treatment that the esoteric, jargonistic language, and acronyms, and process descriptions are second nature to her. But for patients embarking upon these complicated, expensive, overwhelming treatments, it's really important that they be communicated with carefully to ensure full understanding. For example, perhaps instead of saying "attrition rates of blastocysts," say "the number of fertilized eggs that don't make it." As part of my job, I read scientific literature and research all day. I can't imagine how people who don't are able to get much from those check-ins...
Write down questions you have in advance of meetings, ask them, and write down their answers. It's a lot of information to take it, and invariably you will leave a meeting and remember that you meant to ask X, or Y, but forgot in the moment.
My interactions with Dr. Slater have been good, and I don't feel like a number when talking with her. But most of my interactions with the clinic broadly have made me feel like a number. It's often clear that they don't really know who I am as a patient. For example, a small glance at my file (or a note left in the computer, etc) would remind them that I don't have a husband, and allow them to avoid asking questions relevant only to people who do. I don't expect everyone in the clinic to remember personal details about all the patients. But there are ways to set themselves up to make it FEEL like they do-- or at least make it apparent that they took the time to flip open your chart before a conversation.
So far, standard IUI protocol using Clomid and injectables. While this has produced desired egg production, it has not resulted in pregnancy.
The nurses I've interacted with have all been very kind. Especially Jen.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is fine. I think a new patient would want to know that they need to be prepared to coordinate their own care quite a bit if they're not yet at the IVF stage. I expect this is the case with most clinics. It would also be nice if they were contracted with more insurance providers. For example, while my insurance (which is a very large, national insurer) doesn't cover fertility treatment, it would cover some testing etc. if ICRM was in-network.
For IUI (including ultrasounds, meds, and procedure) approximately $1,500-$2,000 per cycle. More for some cycles if additional monitoring was needed.
No comments
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
These were small things. A lost appointment, conflicting information provided by the financial consultant, lack of communication between clinic members resulting in "Oh, so-and-so didn't tell me that."

2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
My experience as a patient of Dr. Slaters was nothing short of amazing after my last FET failed she called me personally to say how bad she felt for me, how sorry she was, and how baffled it did not work and went over what we had done and what she would recommend before the next cycle... Dr. Slater recommended an ERA where we found out I need additional progesterone We are currently getting ready for the next cycle
The clinic [Idaho Ctr for Repro Med] is amazing great with communication, prompt, treats all patient with kindness and compassion, even if something occurs after hours they drop everything to help, they make everyone feel as if they are the most important patient. I can’t think of any weaknesses....Zabrina has always been an amazing communicator responds promptly to emails, phone calls is always more than happy to answer any questions I have, treats me like I am just as important as any other patient
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
You will absolutely love her.
I felt like I was treated like a human not a number because Dr. Slater are the point to get to know me, why I was seeking treatment, seemed as genuinely interested in finding why we didn’t get the desired results,seemed genuinely sad or happy for me depending on the situation, and made a point to remember my name and greet me by it each time I called or came in.
My first cycle got canceled due to cysts found on my ovaries at the baseline ultrasound. My second cycle we did birth control, estrodile valerate, zpack, diazepam, prednisone, progesterone in oil, progesterone suppositories ( I had an allergic reaction to the suppositories that where compounded and did an additional shot of progesterone in oil) unfortunately that cycle ended in a negative Beta. My third cycle same medications but at the last ultrasound before transfer it showed I had ovulated so that cycle got canceled. My 4th cycle same meds except we added Lupron. Unfortunately that cycle ended in a negative Beta also. At that time Dr. Slater recommended an ERA where we found out I need additional progesterone We are currently getting ready for the next cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Zabrina )
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is amazing great with communication, prompt, treats all patient with kindness and compassion, even if something occurs after hours they drop everything to help, they make everyone feel as if they are the most important patient. I can’t think of any weaknesses.
i don’t remember the exact cost but found it to be very reasonable they gave information on an in house discount program and multiple other programs available
I don’t have any comments as this has not been brought up before in treatment

1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Dr. Slater prefers to transfer one embryo because of the risks associated with multiple pregnancy. We agreed and proceeded with a single embryo transfer...She doesn't just treat you as a number, she is very personable. When I did my cycle she personally called me after the egg retrieval to let me know the results and ongoing progress with the embryos. She was just as ecstatic as we were about the results! We love her!
Our nurse/coorsinated [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] Kara was very organized and prompt with her instructions. She gave thorough instructions and was very on tip of the whole process. The ultrasound and phlebotomy techs were very friendly and nice to work with. It is a tough job to works all the patients into a scheduke but the receptionists were nice and great at working you in.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Dr. Slater explained the entire IVF process thoroughly and wrote out all of our options so we could refer to it later, which we appreciated since it is a lot to take in! She explained to us what she was looking for in every blood test and ultrasound so we would know what to expect. We didn't feel rushed, she explained the proccess and took extra time to answer our questions. We left each appointnent content and knowing what to expect.
She knows what she is doing, trust her and you can't go wrong!
Dr. Slater is an amazing doctor. She doesn't just treat you as a number, she is very personable. When I did my cycle she personally called me after the egg retrieval to let me know the results and ongoing progress with the embryos. She was just as ecstatic as we were about the results! We love her!
My cycle was 10 days long until retrieval day. I started out on one dose each of Follistim and Menopur, then after each blood test the Menopur doses increased to stimulate my follicles. Then during the cycle Cetrotide was added to my regimen to control ovulation. Ovidrel was my trigger shot to mature the eggs. In my initial ultrasound there was 20 follicles visible, in the end I had 22 stimulated follicles which produced 18 eggs. 11 eggs fertilized with the donor sperm and 7 made it to blastocyst stage. 1 embryo was transfered to our Gestational Surrogate which resulted in pregnancy/live birth and 6 were frozen.
Our nurse/coorsinated Kara was very organized and prompt with her instructions. She gave thorough instructions and was very on tip of the whole process. The ultrasound and phlebotomy techs were very friendly and nice to work with. It is a tough job to works all the patients into a scheduke but the receptionists were nice and great at working you in.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic atmosphere is very friendly but they are also respectful in knowing that not all patients get good news. They take good care of you and help you explore any avenue to make you dreams of having a family come true!
The complete cycle cost around $16,000 with all the blood tests, Doctor consultations, ultrasounds for me and my Gestational Surrogate. The medication for me and our surrogste was around $5,000. We estimated we might need about $6,000-8,000 in medication but I stimulated easier than anticipated. So total was around $21,000

4 IUI, IVF
She [Dr. Slater] was always good at getting to the point, but never wanted to try anything considered to be "contriversial" in treatment plan (ie: blood clotting disorder tests, uterine infection tests, she barely recommended the ERA). She is nice, but she loves to push for testing (like pgs) even when you specifically tell her no many times,...Not very good bedside manor, when she called w test results there wasn't any empathy in her voice, always pushed for pgs testing when we acknowledged not wanting it many times...
The nurses for iui (Maria) and Slater ivf (zabrina) weren't very professional. There were 3 iui that got cancelled bc she didn't order my meds in time. Zabrina couldn't communicate well, then sent an email complaining about me to me by accident when she was trying to send it to the RE. Unprofessional...they require money upfront, don't take payments from all insurance... They don't tell you up front that certain things can't do on the weekends...
4 IUI, IVF
She was always good at getting to the point, but never wanted to try anything considered to be "contriversial" in treatment plan (ie: blood clotting disorder tests, uterine infection tests, she barely recommended the ERA). She is nice, but she loves to push for testing (like pgs) even when you specifically tell her no many times, I finally switched doctors to one in same office bc of this)
Don't let her push you into anything you don't want to do
Grow as many eggs as possible, pgs test everything (we didnt), do minimal after transfer. Iui was always the same, never changed (Clomid, gonal-f, trigger). Ivf always the same too (estrogen, progesterone, transfer)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maria )
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The REs at this office love to control your cycle any way they can. They don't tell you up front that certain things can't do on the weekends (rather don't want to), they require money upfront, don't take payments from all insurance, will push for testing when not needed, unprofessional
Iui was about $1400 per cycle not including lab work. Ivf fresh I don't remember bc my insurance covered a lot. Ivf fet is $3600 per cycle not including blood work
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
The latest concern is I have had allergic reactions to progesterone. Even after a consult w new re in same office, he is trying to pursued me to take a different form of progesterone. Other issues have already been mentioned in previous comments