Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1000 E. Park Blvd.
Boise, ID 83712
208-342-5900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

2 doctors
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] worked with us to provide a discount when a research protocol didn’t work in our favor...The medical staff is exceptional. Their service is highlighted by compassion, empathy, and knowledge that makes the process easy and effortless even though it can be daunting and stressful. At times we struggled with admin staff expecting decisions for treatment we didn’t have answers for and that was frustrating. While the billing department has a tough job, more focus on client support and service would be beneficial for overall experience.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Maas always takes the time to explain everything and offer his personal experience to help normalize infertility. His compassion, empathy, and knowledge are evident.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hilton, Zabrina Kopp, Natalie Levin)
Nursing staff is amazing! They show compassion, empathy, and really feel the successes and fails with you.
How was your experience with Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Maas continues to prove time and time again that his compassion and empathy for this process are values when he is treating patients. Dr. Maas always is open and available to any questions and concerns we might have. His conservative yet deliberate approach to treatment is reassuring and comforting in an otherwise scary and uncomfortable experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be open and ask as many questions as you have. Know that his direction and opinion are there for a reason.
Describe the protocols Kevin Maas used in your cycles at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IVF cycle: Agonist with menopur, gonal-f, and Lupron. Produced 16 eggs, 10 embryos, 6 survived and 4 PGS tested embryos. FET: progesterone and estradiol valerate injections. Resulted in ectopic pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Treatment costs were significant. The clinic worked with us to provide a discount when a research protocol didn’t work in our favor.
Describe Kevin Maas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Maas is an advocate for single embryo transfer and his rationale is supported with data and the comment “I would hate to tell my children their delays are due to a decision I made.” He is very persuasive in this regard.
Boise

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kevin Maas at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Strengths [of Idaho Ctr for Repro Med]: organized, prompt, clean, friendly staff. Weakness: just one: Michelle the administrative assistant who deals with billing. My husband and I have always been prompt with payments and never gripes about anything. We got an old bill that we had never seen before sent to us and it arrived on Friday. When I went in the next Monday for my appointment, I was directed to her office and the first thing she said was “I was about to send this to collections.”
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: organized, prompt, clean, friendly staff. Weakness: just one: Michelle the administrative assistant who deals with billing. My husband and I have always been prompt with payments and never gripes about anything. We got an old bill that we had never seen before sent to us and it arrived on Friday. When I went in the next Monday for my appointment, I was directed to her office and the first thing she said was “I was about to send this to collections.” This was very upsetting because if we knew we owed, we would’ve paid. I had to get my wallet, when I returned, she mumbled something about it getting stuck with insurance and that’s why they hadn’t sent the bill, so it want our fault. No apology, and rude. I mentioned this to the financial counselor, who is great, and she apologized for her. Everyone else has been kind.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I’ve spent more time with her staff than her, but both have responded quickly and professionally to any questions or concerns along the way. She has never talked down to me and is open.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara Hill )
Kara and the others have all been wonderful! Respectful, prompt responses to e-mails or phone calls, compassionate, pleasant to be around, etc.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She’s smart, approachable, and treats patients kindly. She talks fast sometimes, like hard to understand, but she is respectful and explains things if asked. My only complaint is that I had previously gone to a naturopath and had some hormone tests done (saliva) and she didn’t acknowledge them because they weren’t blood and so they didn’t make as much sense to her traditional medical experience. I trust her with the treatments she’s given and I appreciate her successful experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t be afraid to ask about what to expect next. She is good about answering questions.
Describe the protocols Cristin Slater used in your cycles at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I had an HSG done before starting and at some point, a water ultrasound. Cycle 1) medicated cycle with letrozole and a trigger shot while monitoring follicle growth. Food follicle sizes, no pregnancy Cycle 2) same thing, except I think I needed an increased dose of letrozole and gonal-f (I think) with a trigger shot, timed intercourse, got pregnant, miscarried at 9 weeks Cycle 3) same as the first, timed intercourse, chemical pregnancy. Thyroid panel and RPL blood work-up done. I had high anti-TPO, nothing more. Cycle 4) timed intercourse again (it seemed to be working for us). Letrozole with a trigger shot was used, no pregnancy. My husband and I requested to do a round of IVF. Dr. Slater agreed. She recommended a frozen transfer as I would probably be a high egg producer, we opted for the pgs testing anyway, so we started with the BCP, (oh and I started taking levothyroxine because she retested my thyroid at some point and it was low) stims included menopur, gonal-f, and and a lupron trigger (don’t know if I’m remembering all) Egg retrieval yielded 30 eggs, 15 fertilized (no ICSI), 10 biopsies at day 5, and 6 were chromasomally normal. We’re now waiting to transfer in a few days. Medications to prepare for the transfer include: low dose aspirin, estradiol valerate and progesterone in oil, and medrol.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
IVF/PGS freeze all cycle: 10,728 Pgs biopsy and shipping: 100.00 Anesthesia: 550.00 Meds and the pgs testing were separate. Transfer: 2,970 Plus meds. I don’t remember the costs for the medicated cycles.
Describe Cristin Slater's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
She was ok with us transferring two, but provided statistics of likelihood of multiples and the average gestational period for twins and triplets. It was our decision to transfer one or two. We decided on one and are waiting for our first transfer
Boise

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Cristin Slater at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.

They [Idaho Center for Repro Med] have you pay as you go along. ... Communication is a bit difficult. They do not use their patient portal at all (but they have you set one up...?) So I emailed someone about lab results and no one ever responded to me. Then I called the clinic and they said "Oh yeah, we don't really use the portal". So that was a bit frustrating. The front office staff is kind, but they do have some newer people who don't know all the details yet.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Maas talked to me like any other person. He didn't act like he felt bad for me, he acted like I was normal! He was open and kind, and chatted with me like we were friends.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Jen was thorough with all the details. She was also the one who did my IUI and she was VERY compassionate and kind to me throughout the process.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Maas is extremely thorough. He goes over every detail and every scenario. I had a LOT of questions and he answered them all. He was absolutely amazing. He was earnest and honest and made me feel so comfortable, like we were two friends chatting. He even had power points, and as a visual learner I found this very helpful! He was open and honest about his own fertility journey with his wife, and it made him seem even more understanding. Knowing that I was new to the area, he even gave me a list of restaurants to try! I didn't feel rushed at all, it was a great appointment.
Please book and appointment with him!
I had 4 failed IUI's under my belt when I went to Dr. Maas. I thought for sure he would recommend going straight to IVF, which he did not. I appreciated the fact that I didn't feel pushed into anything. He said he thought we could push my body further with injectable medications. We used Gonal-F, and I did end up with five follicles. My IUI still failed, but I did learn that I respond fairly well to meds, so that was good to know moving forward.
They have you pay as you go along. With our other clinic, you had to pay a flat fee before the IUI. Here you pay after every appointment.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
I’ve had no problems with the clinic [Idaho Ctr for Reproductive Med] so far. The staff is friendly and supportive, no matter we’re they are at in the chain. Appointments have generally been on time. They take their time with me but at the same time get me in and out for appointments.... The nursing staff have all been supportive, accessible, prompt at returning communications and easy to talk to
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve had no problems with the clinic so far. The staff is friendly and supportive, no matter we’re they are at in the chain. Appointments have generally been on time. They take their time with me but at the same time get me in and out for appointments.
I have always been listened to. My questions and conserns have always been addressed. Most of the staff know my name and are always friendly, supportive and some of my biggest cheerleaders. I’ve never felt apprehensive about going into the clinic and even look forward to it most of the time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maria(iui)/Kara(IVF))
Dr. Slater has been comprehensive in explanations. She has always answered questions and addressed conserns and been good about checking in and adjusting treatment as we go. As a Single women going through treatment she has done all she can to help and at the same time helped to keep costs down to the best of her ability. I’ve felt comfortable with her from the beginning. She as well has always been open and honest about treatment options and given recommendations but not pushed me into a treatment before I was ready.
Ask questions and if you don’t understand, ask for clarification.
Most of my protocols have included clomid, trigger and IUI. I have reacted well to the clomid so there wasn’t any reason to use high doses. But given my age, a blocked tube, a high number of failed IUIs and several failed pregnancies, my current option to continue is IVF. Which I’m in the beginning stages of starting.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
When you call the office [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] and leave messages anyone in the office calls you back and doesn’t seem to know anything about you. IVF preparation has been different I have met with IVF Coordinator and have gotten a ton of information and I respond with her via email which has gone much sooner than the care I received during IUI.... Too busy, not enough doctors/staff to see the patient referrals. New patient appts are now 2+ months out.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Too busy, not enough doctors/staff to see the patient referrals. New patient appts are now 2+ months out. There are some process changes currently in progress with the clinic that if there is a change in care/management for IUIs patients will be scheduled with the doctor to discuss it in detail so that the patient is more informed.
I felt like a number because I was doing IUI with donor sperm and not managed or monitored well. I have met with the doctor and reviewed all my concerns and issues. Now that I am pursuing IVF I feel more like a human.
From the time of my initial consult in Feb 2018, he has had 3 MAs. Given that I was treated like a number and not a person there was no one invested in my care. When you call the office and leave messages anyone in the office calls you back and doesn’t seem to know anything about you. IVF preparation has been different I have met with IVF Coordinator and have gotten a ton of information and I respond with her via email which has gone much sooner than the care I received during IUI.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Maas was very receptive to hearing my concerns and admitted that some of the issues were related to him not having me come in to see him when changing from natural to medicated IUI cycles. He has been candid and compassionate and is making changes in the clinic processes
Ask to speak to him if you ever need clarification of have concerns with the clinic
I underwent 2 IUIs naturally with my cycle. Then was given Clomid 100mg for the next 2 IUIs. My 5th IUI was with Letrozole 5mg. I was not educated about trigger injections and how they can give you the best possible chance. The staff assumed I had been given information and every time they asked me if I had a trigger injection I said I was given one it was documented that i adamantly refused them. I found out later I was supposed to have baseline US prior to starting Clomid and Letrozole and was never told to do so. The IUI was mismanaged by the clinic staff. All IUIs resulted in negative HCG tests.
IUIs $285 US was $225 IVF $15k (this is coat for single cycle) and $3000 for FET. Will be proceeding with IVF this month through Attain 2 cycle program. Consultations $350
Not yet. I am pursuing IVF this month

3 IUI, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Autumn at the front reception [at ID Center for Reproductive Med] is amazing and knows where to go for anything. Its okay to be scared but these guys will take good care. Just also be sure to ask your own questions. I also love that the billing department/office is not at the front desk. Your account is private as it should be so that is taken care of on your way out and not in front of the world. It was very reassuring of my privacy.
3 IUI, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Autumn at the front reception is amazing and knows where to go for anything. Its okay to be scared but these guys will take good care. Just also be sure to ask your own questions. I also love that the billing department/office is not at the front desk. Your account is private as it should be so that is taken care of on your way out and not in front of the world. It was very reassuring of my privacy.
The staff is kind and gentle with our feelings which was a surprise to me because I was expecting to be just a number. The opposite happened as each staff member made me and my husband comfortable, informed and at ease throughout our process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shana)
I had Shana for my first couple of visits before she moved to a position as Egg Donor Coordinator. I love her! She made me feel so comfortable, supported and has an excellent bedside manner with a happy disposition each time I see her.
Dr Maas surprised me on our first visit. My husband and I walked in with worry, trying to understand and hoped to get answers about my body and its unwillingness to retain a pregnancy. Other obgyn's and Family MD's tell you, "Make whoopie more often" to address infertility issues. Not Dr Maas. During our consultation he reviewed our history, listened to our story of our loss ending in a stillborn. He watch me cry...and consoled me and my husband. He was very caring and empathetic to our situation. If I didn't understand something, Dr. Maas literally drew a picture of my uterus on a piece of paper so I could understand the need for surgery for removing a septum. I felt at ease and hopeful but realistic each time I left his doctors office.
Its okay to share your experience and trust him. He isn't just a doctor knowing how to correct some infertility issues, he is human and knows we are too. He will do his best and give his most honest option in a realistic way. He smiles too!
First we had to address the reason for my miscarriages and stillborn. We did water ultrasounds and dye ultrasounds to see what the shape of my uterus was. Then diagnosed with a Septum in my uterus. That prevented any egg or embryo to attach to that section of my uterus to receive full nutrition during pregnancy. Despite it being not so great news, I understood the why. Next remove that septum with surgery. After the surgery we received color photos of before/during/after shots of my interior uterus. Very informative and interesting. We had to get my uterus up to par to carry a child. So then proceeded with IUI because it was the least expensive option for our needs. Each month with Clomid and other injections (not covered by insurance) to help with my Egg growth. Turned out because of my age, we learned my eggs are not of the best quality. Next step - Egg Donor. We hoped we could afford an egg donor so I could feel at ease knowing there is still part of my husband in our child but the costs there are not covered by insurance. Since we had done three IUI's, Egg Donor and IVF for both the Donor and Myself would be required. I am currently on a waitlist for a donated Egg from those who've completed their families. Overall this is a difficult and stressful process but it was easier knowing I could reach out to Dr Maas for guidance on what is next. He is devoted to helping us build our family as we move forward.
Our health insurance covered everything but the Medications and Dr. Maas portion of Surgery Expenses. Other than that we were good with what we received. Moving forward with a more extensive procedure like IVF, it might be more only due to our Insurance.
Boise

Clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Med] is clean, front desk and billing staff are super nice. The lab has nice people drawing blood.. Blood results come back same-day. Some IUI tables recline to help sperm swim upward but not all, which is disappointing. Some ultrasound machines are older and poor quality.... Ultrasounds are $220 each. Consultations are $350 or whatever your specialist copay is with your insurance. Bloodwork will be billed to your insurance but is likely not covered. HSG procedure is under $500 after it's billed to insurance. IUI's are $350 for sperm washing and procedure. Baseline ultrasounds are not required which I wish I was told at first because that would have saved me a lot of money to skip it.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is clean, front desk and billing staff are super nice. The lab has nice people drawing blood.. Blood results come back same-day. Some IUI tables recline to help sperm swim upward but not all, which is disappointing. Some ultrasound machines are older and poor quality.
She didn't customize anything to us and wanted to repeat the same generic protocol for over 9 months until I finally said enough is enough.
Helpful, some more than others, and well educated. Some were very great cheerleaders which was appreciated.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Very blunt, set in her ways, not willing to think outside the box or do further testing to figure out what is wrong. Shuts down any recommendations to try something new, doesn't recommend any supplements that may help, doesn't recommend updated blood tests or semen analysis. Thinks endometriosis isn't something to check for.
You'll be treated with the same protocol as literally everyone else.
Just Letrozole for over 9 months and lining was terrible. Did three IUI's when we probably shouldn't have because situations weren't ideal. Wasted so much money. Finally I spoke up and demanded medication to help thicken my lining and add shots to cycle. Still not pregnant.
She will let you do both.
Boise

The clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Med] is well organized and friendly. All employees show their care regarding your personal journey, and express their hope for your success. Each member of the team was professional in their position, and they work well within their office at communicating regarding the patient cycle and care. They work diligently to offer assistance through various financial programs to lower cycle and medication costs. There are many of the staff members
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is well organized and friendly. All employees show their care regarding your personal journey, and express their hope for your success. Each member of the team was professional in their position, and they work well within their office at communicating regarding the patient cycle and care. They work diligently to offer assistance through various financial programs to lower cycle and medication costs. There are many of the staff members who have gone through infertility treatments, and their compassion shows that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara Hill)
Kara was absolutely amazing! She was so helpful, and had outstanding communication with us throughout our cycle. I was able to reach her by phone and email, and she always responded within a very reasonable amount of time. She displayed compassion and professionalism at every appointment.
Dr. Slater is very professional, and gives a very detailed explanation of how the IVF process works. Her knowledge on the topic is amazing. We only saw Dr. Slater twice, but she has an amazing team of staff members that we felt very comfortable seeing. Although our first cycle was not successful, we feel confident going back to Dr. Slater for another cycle. When we asked to meet with her to discuss our embryo PGS results, she had no hesitation, and took time to meet with us to explain the results. While it was a very difficult time, she gave us a better understanding, and hope that there can be a different outcome. We look forward to the future care we will continue to receive at ICRM.
Based on age and health (under 30 and healthy), Dr. Slater recommended that we transfer one embryo. Although, we need made it to embryo transfer.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
ICRM has been a dream to work with so far. Everyone is SO knowledgeable. It's like these people were created for the jobs they have. Cortney, the Donor Egg coordinator, is the NICEST person you will ever meet. Going through the DE process is honestly terrifying. She has made the process stress free and almost kind of fun. She knew exactly what donor she wanted us to use, and she was literally 100% on. Our donor could be my sibling she looks so much like me. The rest of the staff has been incredible as well. Always getting back to my emails ASAP, calling me to check up, and just overall going out of their way to make me and my husband excited for our next steps. Like I said before, going through the Donor process is hard, nerve-racking and it was sad at first. Knowing my child won't share my genetics was a hard pill to swallow. But we have had amazing results with these guys so far! I am 8w2d as I write this and we have 9 beautiful eggs on ice!
We had a few appts. at this clinic on the same day and we were running late with one of the appts. She still made time to see us even though we were 1.5 hours late. We were in the office, but chatting away with our egg donor coordinator and lost track of time. They made sure we were still seen by Dr. Slater.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara)
She was with Dr. Slater both times we saw her and she was very nice. When she called me to see how our first ultrasound went she was so happy to hear that it had went well.
As a patient of Dr. Slater's I felt like I was in good hands. She had/has amazing results with IVF and donor egg IVF, we just knew we had found the right one. She did a phone consult with us and was so knowledgeable and informative, it was amazing. When we did our DE transfer she was genuinely excited for us and how many eggs made it to day 5/6!
She is so nice and friendly, but will also tell you how it is, which I appreciate.
We did Lupron shots for about 2 months before our transfer. We did Estrogen IM shots every Tues./Fri and IM PIO shots as well. Everything has worked so far!
We are going through a "split" Donor Egg cycle so costs are really going to vary. But the costs are something we can actually afford, where as in our home state we can't afford the process here. At ICRM they have SO many options for you. In total I think our process will be under $23k (we are hoping, we don't have final numbers yet) for a fresh donor transfer with blasts to freeze!
Dr. Slater asked what we wanted to do and I said one embryo. I am super young and am very petite so am worried that if we did 2 and ended up with twins, my body wouldn't be able to handle it. She was supportive of that.
Boise

Conflicted information was when told best places to give shots. ... Most insurances aren't taken there [ID Ctr for Repro Medicine]. ... We were told we would be assigned someone who would be with us through the entire egg retrieval process... that did not happen. ... There are some amazing nurses though!!! ... Clinic has a discount you can apply for if you are within a specific income range. ... Sometimes the front office staff can get the order mixed up even for just a blood draw.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic has a discount you can apply for if you are within a specific income range. Most insurances aren't taken there. Little frustrated that the pregnancy blood test, which was a negative, was $160. Wish I would have known to ask if that test could be taken somewhere else where insurance would cover. (Not sure if that's an option, but worth asking) Appointments go quick, especially if you have to head to work, but I have never had a hard time getting the appointment time I need. I don't have to be into work until later than most though. Sometimes the front office staff can get the order mixed up even for just a blood draw. That can be frustrating with how much time the process is anyways. If you are checking in make sure you are assertive and communicate with them if you are waiting more than ten minutes. Another frustration was that a prescription was called into a pharmacy. The pharmacist informed us that the same prescription could be filled at Walgreens for $5! At the pharmacy the clinic called it into, it was over $100!!!!!!! When it comes to medications, definitely do your research!!
Dr. Maas was friendly and informative, but he was not super personable. After our first failed FET, he didn't communicate with us. The communication came from the coordinator. Truthfully, it would have been easier to process the news of a failed frozen embryo transfer if we were given an explanation or suggestion of the next best step. It's hard news to hear, but I think it would be better to hear that news from the doctor.
The nurses are all kind and sweet, but hard to get to know them. We were told we would be assigned someone who would be with us through the entire egg retrieval process... that did not happen. Each time I came in for an ultra sound it was with someone different, and I didn't get phone calls from the same nurse either. I spoke with a lot of different nurses. It makes it a lot less personal. There are some amazing nurses though!!! I truly appreciated many of them! Jen is amazing!
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
During the initial consultation, Dr. Maas was extremely kind and he described our options thoroughly. I felt informed and educated. He didn't try and persuade us to one infertility treatment over another. He did state what dangers there were for me if we tried doing an IUI, which helped us make a decision we felt comfortable with. He has wonderful slide presentation that explained the different infertility treatments perfectly. After the consultation, the only times we have seen him were the day of the egg retrieval and the day of the frozen embryo transfer. We did speak with him briefly on the phone a few times. These phone calls took place when we were told how many eggs fertilized, when discussing how many embryo to transfer, and next steps after our first negative FET. The phone calls were short and to the point. Overall, I don't feel like communication is that great between him and his patients. I think more contact with the doctor would have made our experience smoother and made me feel more comfortable.
Make sure to ask him questions. If you have a concern, make sure to bring it up! A lot of the information I was given was because I asked. I asked to speak with the doctor. I would say it's important to do your own research as well. Don't make decisions just off of what he recommends. Genetic testing and ERA are both important ones to research on your own.
Interestingly enough, this question made me realize I wasn't ever told why he used the specific protocol and what the differences were. (This was for the egg retrieval) This is exactly why I would say it's important to do your research so you can know what questions to ask. I don't know why he chose the specific protocols and strategies, that was never explained to me.
Frozen embryo transfer JUST FOR CLINIC FEES, NOT MEDS. Around $2,900 Egg retrieval, freeze-all. JUST FOR CLINIC FEES, NOT MEDS. Around $8,700 (not including any extra fees, anesthesia not inlucded, icsi, storage of embryo, etc)
I appreciated this about Dr. Maas. He told us all the possible dangers, but also helped us feel comfortable with any decision that we would make. He clarified questions that we had about single embryo transfer versus multiple. Felt like he would never recommend more than two, but would be supportive of your personal decision.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [ID Center for Reproductive Med] is clean, organized and seems to run like a clock. If you are scheduled at 9am, show up at 8:45 and expect to be called at 9am on the dot, or even a little early if you are already checked in. The nursing staff is amazing and wonderful to work with. They are all a wealth of knowledge and are happy to ask any questions that you may have, so don't hold back. I can't say enough good things about the clinic.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, organized and seems to run like a clock. If you are scheduled at 9am, show up at 8:45 and expect to be called at 9am on the dot, or even a little early if you are already checked in. The nursing staff is amazing and wonderful to work with. They are all a wealth of knowledge and are happy to ask any questions that you may have, so don't hold back. I can't say enough good things about the clinic.
Dr. Maas has always taken the time to explain the situation and course of treatment and has offered free consultations to answer questions that my wife and I had about changes in treatment options.
The nursing staff has been amazing. Every single one of them is compassionate and caring and very personable. We haven't had a single bad experience with any of them.
Dr Maas has an incredible team that he works with which helps. We know he has a lot of patients other than us, but we don't feel that way when we see him. He is very compassionate and offers up as much or as little informations as you want. We are very pleased with the level of care that Dr. Maas has given us.
Ask a lot of questions, he will give you the answers you are looking for in a way that you can understand and digest.
The original course of action was to use Clomid to to induce ovulation. When it was found that my wife was fairly resistant to ovulation on Clomid alone, Dr. Maas incorporated injectables to help stimulate ovulation, which has worked 3 out of 3 times. We are attempting IUI's for now as a less invasive and less expensive course of treatment, for now. Nothing has resulted in a positive pregnancy test, yet.
Boise

Autumn who works at the front desk and Tami who takes care of payments [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] are two of the most sweetest, comforting, and compassionate people I have ever had to deal with. It’s always a pleasure talking to them even when I feel like crying they are always just so kind...I mentioned earlier that my nurse went on maternity leave and I feel like things haven’t run as smoothly since she has left. I have not received phone calls back after I leave a message, I wasn’t even told if there is a different person I should be talking to since she did leave. There have just been a few issues with that, but nothing major.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Just getting a consultation took months unfortunately, I know fertility isn’t cheap for anyone and I do think they try to help out where they can but the amount of money we spend each time we just go in is emotional all on it’s own. I think their biggest strength is their employees being compassionate and kind is just soo important when doing their job and it goes a long way.
Going into the consultation he was very friendly, made us feel hopeful when we weren’t feeling that way at all beforehand. I do have to say since the consultation we have only seen him one other time after 5 months of going there, I thought we would be dealing with him more than we have been.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
My nurse was super on top of things, I try to track my cycle on my Ovia app, and it was telling me to take a pregnancy test later but she called to tell me I could take it that day. If I started my period I would leave a message and she would always get back to me the same day and tell me what the plan for the new month was. Unfortunately she is on maternity leave at the moment and I feel like I have had nothing but issues, no return phone calls from the nurse Ariel who is supposed to be taking care of her patients during that time. I don’t fault Ariel since I am sure she is taking on more patients but it is frustrating to not be able to get the same treatment I was receiving. Also I have to note that Autumn who works at the front desk and Tami who takes care of payments are two of the most sweetest, comforting, and compassionate people I have ever had to deal with. It’s always a pleasure talking to them even when I feel like crying they are always just so kind.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He was very friendly and made us feel comfortable. I felt like we’ve had a lot of people give us the run around before him and he didn’t seem worried about everything everyone else had said. It made me a little uncomfortable at first because I wanted him to just check everything for both of us. But he was really trying to help save us money where he could and I knew I just had to trust him. Him sharing his fertility issues with his wife definitely made my husband and I feel not so alone in this process. We left feeling super hopeful for once. I feel like he does great with his patients I just wish that we could see him more for those times we do have a billion questions. I’ve heard that unless you’re doing IVF or that him and Dr. Slater won’t see you much and that is a little disappointing.just because we can’t afford to do that doesn’t mean we should be seen less.
Think of all your questions you might have, write them down if you have to and just make sure you ask him everything. Going through infertility is confusing and can be kind of scary and the more knowledge you have the better you feel, at least that’s how I feel. I would also say don’t expect to see him too much but don’t be scared to ask your questions to the nurses and others who help.
First he did a hsg test to see if there was any blockage and he didn’t see any, so then they put me clomid and ordered me an HCG shot. I went in to check my folicles and I ovulated before I even did the HCG shot so they started to schedule me for the IUI and then they called me after we left to tell me my uterine lining was too thin and they wouldn’t suggest going through with IUI. I believe Dr. Maas was out of town for this so the nurse asked another doctor. After that we tried again the next month but with femara and we actually did the HCG shot as well, when they checked my follicles they said they were great but my lining was still thin so I was put on Estrace until the day of the IUI. They had me come back in two weeks for a blood test to see if I was pregnant, I wasn’t. So they wanted to try some different injectible medications and I had left a message to the nurse that I was supposed to and they called me back too late so I wasn’t able to do anything that cycle either. So far we still haven’t received a positive pregnancy but we are still trying.
Around $5000 maybe
Boise

The staff [ID Ctr for Repro Med] is very unprofessional and unreliable. I have had to call multiple times to ask questions and rarely receive a call back unless I make a fuss. I am emailed (which is very impersonal) and once received another persons lab orders/treatment plan by email. The MA seems scattered and unorganized. I was told they had my husband’s lab results then later that they didn’t and we had already started treatment. I wasn’t given a treatment calendar until I asked for one (once I knew such a thing existed).
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very friendly reception staff, Autumn was very kind. The billing lady (Michelle) is kind of curt which was frustrating as this is a very stressful and expensive process. I called and asked to get some things added to my gap exemption and she took care of it but then went on in her email about how long it took her on the phone and how busy she was that day because one of the receptionists was out sick, very unprofessional.
Dr Slater was very thorough and precise when speaking with me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Medical assistant Maria)
See comments listed previously
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
The staff is very unprofessional and unreliable. I have had to call multiple times to ask questions and rarely receive a call back unless I make a fuss. I am emailed (which is very impersonal) and once received another persons lab orders/treatment plan by email. The MA seems scattered and unorganized. I was told they had my husband’s lab results then later that they didn’t and we had already started treatment. I wasn’t given a treatment calendar until I asked for one (once I knew such a thing existed). I have only seen the doctor one time...6 plus months ago. Very poor customer service and as a nurse I feel this is unethical...with no other fertility clinics to choose from people are stuck to endure it if they want a baby. I also asked to get a PA for a medication, which wasn’t completed and when I called to find out what happened all I got were excuses. Once I expressed my frustration the MA took responsibility and apologized but it doesn’t take back the last several months of additional stress I have had to put up with.
Do your research first because you have to manage a lot of things yourself. There is little to no instruction or education provided by this clinic.
Clomid 100mg on days 3-7 then gonal on day 9 U/S on day 10 and then day 12 again triggered with ovidrel that day then times intercourse at 12,24,36hrs clomid 100mg days 3-7 gonal on day 10 U/S day 12 triggered with ovidrel that day then timed intercourse 12,24,36hrs (I asked to switch the gonal and U/S days on this cycle) in hopes that I wouldn’t have to get two ultrasounds (which are $220 a piece)
$220 per ultrasound Gonal $65 per injection Ovidrel $50 per injection
Boise

I love this clinic! They [Idaho Ctr for Reproductive Medicine] made me feel like a human instead of someone who’s broken. Always willing to help, always willing to accommodate. You can truly tell that they love what they do. Besides the obvious reasons of being there I look forward to meeting and talking with the staff.... With costs of medications and treatment I’m estimating $22,000. We chose to do icsy and pgs testing
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I love this clinic! They made me feel like a human instead of someone who’s broken. Always willing to help, always willing to accommodate. You can truly tell that they love what they do. Besides the obvious reasons of being there I look forward to meeting and talking with the staff.
All of my concerns were validated and heard. I truly feel like he took the time to understand what I was going through and was able to emplithize with me. He was able to help me understand the process fully and made sure that I knew all available information.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hilton )
Great! Amazing at responding to messages and phone calls. Always willing to help. Very knowledgeable in the process.
Dr. Maas truly is one of the kindest people I’ve met. He’s an amazing listener, patient and made me feel so cared for during the process of IVF. He was always happy to see me and made sure I felt like he knew me personally ever time we spoke. I’m so greatful for him and his willingness to help us have a family.
Trust him 100%! Know that he has your best intentions, and has the same goals as you do! Believe in him and the process.
Dr Maas knew exactly what do to and when do things necessary for treatment. Weather that meant adjusting medications, having conversations about results etc. He made sure I knew that through the planned protocol he wanted me to have a baby and it was important to him. Medications used were birth control, menopure, gonal, and leuprolide for ivf portion.
He felt very confident in each single embryo transferred. I appreciated that he was confident in his approach with me to help me carry a baby. I also appreciated that he treated my case individually instead of a one type fits all.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
It [Idaho Ctr for Reproductive Med] has all been great as far as the Dr and nurses. The financial coordinator has been ok. Very nice but not as knowledgeable. Not very many treatment options financially to choose from so that’s a little frustrating and discouraging.... For IVF it’s going to cost close to 20,000. For IUI cost is close to 2,000... They [nurses] were great! Very compassionate and caring! They are all knowledgeable on your treatment plan and truly care about your treatment
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It has all been great as far as the Dr and nurses. The financial coordinator has been ok. Very nice but not as knowledgeable. Not very many treatment options financially to choose from so that’s a little frustrating and discouraging especially since we don’t have all this money up front to pay for treatment.
I think she is great. Very caring and shows compassion and empathy. I felt very comfortable talking with her.
They were great! Very compassionate and caring! They are all knowledgeable on your treatment plan and truly care about your treatment and hope for a successful pregnancy as much as you do!
Dr Slater has been great. She is very smart and explains things very well. She shows compassion and empathy and really wants to help achieve my goal of getting pregnant. I have had two friends that have seen her and we’re successful. I am hopeful and positive that will be my outcome as well as is Dr Slater.
To ask all questions and not be afraid to ask. It may not be what you want to hear but it’s reality and Dr Slater will give you a straight forward answer in the most compassionate way. She is willing to work with you on your treatment plan so don’t get discouraged!
I have endometriosis and one tube is blocked. My options for the most success is IVF. That is costly for me but we may have to go that route. In the meantime Dr Slater has mentioned IUI with an aggressive approach as far as fertility drugs go. We have not decided but with the best success being IVF we may decide to go that route.
For IVF it’s going to cost close to 20,000. For IUI cost is close to 2,000

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The atmosphere [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] is nice. The front desk ladies are so helpful and always remember my name. I don;t feel like another number. I wish the billing lady was more available because I felt kind of lost with everything.... I would say we paid in total almost $2000. The IVF was going to be about $20,000.... Jennifer was very nice. But when I called to let her know we were unable to go through with IVF she didn't answer and I left a voicemail.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The atmosphere is nice. The front desk ladies are so helpful and always remember my name. I don;t feel like another number. I wish the billing lady was more available because I felt kind of lost with everything.
Dr. Maas remembers who I am and certain details. He never rushed me when I had a million questions. And whenever I called with a question or concern he spoke to me with care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer was very nice. But when I called to let her know we were unable to go through with IVF she didn't answer and I left a voicemail. I was in tears when I called her because I felt like my whole world had just c rumbled. I never received a call back and when she did call me back a month later she said she was calling because she said she was told that we wanted to discuss IVF.
He is very detailed. He also always had a slideshow to explain the process which is good for me because I am a visual person. He took his time and always made sure I understood every step we were taking.
Never hesitate to ask questions and don’t ever feel that you can’t ask any questions.
We were going to start IUI but we had to go through some test and blood work first. He had given me a medication to start my monthly cycle and then we were put on birth control so we could time the IUI. After the test we ended up not following through with IUI and wanted to go straight to IVF. We spoke with Dr. Maas and went over the strategy and appointments. Our insurance didn't cover it and we were unable to get the loan for $20,000 and we are kind of at a stand still
Everything was out of pocket. I would say we paid in total almost $2000. The IVF was going to be about $20,000
We decided on doing the 2 embryo transfer to make our odds of conceiving higher. He showed us a slide show and explained the process thoroughly.
Boise

I love this clinic [ID Center for Reproductive Med-Boise]- the receptionist, the financial director, the ultrasound tech and my doctor - the only complaint I had was the nurse and maybe it was a fluke the couple of times. She just lacked compassion and in a sensitive situation it’s just hard to experience that.... My only complaint is that they fill up appointment wise super fast - but that’s out of their control. They’re super compassionate, very nice and the only person I felt lack of sympathy from was the nurse. Other than that everyone went above and beyond.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was incredible! My only complaint is that they fill up appointment wise super fast - but that’s out of their control. They’re super compassionate, very nice and the only person I felt lack of sympathy from was the nurse. Other than that everyone went above and beyond.
He really took the time to talk to me, explain my options and didn’t rush us into anything. We tried different approaches before ultimately reaching the IVF road that we are currently in. We’ve met with a lot of infertility doctors through the years and he honestly was just one of the most understanding, sympathetic and overall just listened rather than rushing into something.
I love this clinic - the receptionist, the financial director, the ultrasound tech and my doctor - the only complaint I had was the nurse and maybe it was a fluke the couple of times. She just lacked compassion and in a sensitive situation it’s just hard to experience that.
Honestly, like I explained we’ve seen a lot of doctors through our infertility journey and by far, Maas has been our favorite. He is just relatable and makes us feel comfortable. Not to mention how positive he is - this has been a long journey for us and it’s just been nice to have someone keep the positivity there when we are down.
The only thing I would say is - go in with questions. He is great at answering anything and everything, but if I don’t have them in my head or written down then I usually leave that appointment still trying to figure things out.
My main problem is ovulation, I just don’t ovulate. So he tried specific doses with me of medication and trigger shots combined with what he called his “Hail Mary”. We did this a few times, none of which worked - but through ultrasounds we could at least see what we needed to do next. Now we are just preparing and hoping to start IVF with him soon.
I mean, nothing about infertility is cheap. Our insurance isn’t accepted at their office which made it hard since bloodwork and stuff is covered (although nothing else is). We just had to turn in receipts to our insurance for reimbursement. But overall, it’s been pricey - but that’s just infertility.
Boise

Most of my interactions with the clinic [ICRM] broadly have made me feel like a number. It's often clear that they don't really know who I am as a patient. For example, a small glance at my file (or a note left in the computer, etc) would remind them that I don't have a husband, and allow them to avoid asking questions relevant only to people who do. I don't expect everyone in the clinic to remember personal details about all the patients. But there are ways to set themselves up to make it FEEL like they do-- or at least make it apparent that they took the time to flip open your chart before a conversation.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is fine. I think a new patient would want to know that they need to be prepared to coordinate their own care quite a bit if they're not yet at the IVF stage. I expect this is the case with most clinics. It would also be nice if they were contracted with more insurance providers. For example, while my insurance (which is a very large, national insurer) doesn't cover fertility treatment, it would cover some testing etc. if ICRM was in-network.
My interactions with Dr. Slater have been good, and I don't feel like a number when talking with her. But most of my interactions with the clinic broadly have made me feel like a number. It's often clear that they don't really know who I am as a patient. For example, a small glance at my file (or a note left in the computer, etc) would remind them that I don't have a husband, and allow them to avoid asking questions relevant only to people who do. I don't expect everyone in the clinic to remember personal details about all the patients. But there are ways to set themselves up to make it FEEL like they do-- or at least make it apparent that they took the time to flip open your chart before a conversation.
The nurses I've interacted with have all been very kind. Especially Jen.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Slater is kind, and willing to answer as many questions as you have. I get the sense that she genuinely wants this process to be successful for her patients. If I had a primary suggestion to make, it would be to give some more attention to communicating in patient-friendly ways. Obviously, Dr. Slater has piles and piles of specialized scientific knowledge. And obviously, she is so immersed in the world of fertility treatment that the esoteric, jargonistic language, and acronyms, and process descriptions are second nature to her. But for patients embarking upon these complicated, expensive, overwhelming treatments, it's really important that they be communicated with carefully to ensure full understanding. For example, perhaps instead of saying "attrition rates of blastocysts," say "the number of fertilized eggs that don't make it." As part of my job, I read scientific literature and research all day. I can't imagine how people who don't are able to get much from those check-ins...
Write down questions you have in advance of meetings, ask them, and write down their answers. It's a lot of information to take it, and invariably you will leave a meeting and remember that you meant to ask X, or Y, but forgot in the moment.
So far, standard IUI protocol using Clomid and injectables. While this has produced desired egg production, it has not resulted in pregnancy.
For IUI (including ultrasounds, meds, and procedure) approximately $1,500-$2,000 per cycle. More for some cycles if additional monitoring was needed.
No comments

2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The clinic [Idaho Ctr for Repro Med] is amazing great with communication, prompt, treats all patient with kindness and compassion, even if something occurs after hours they drop everything to help, they make everyone feel as if they are the most important patient. I can’t think of any weaknesses....Zabrina has always been an amazing communicator responds promptly to emails, phone calls is always more than happy to answer any questions I have, treats me like I am just as important as any other patient
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is amazing great with communication, prompt, treats all patient with kindness and compassion, even if something occurs after hours they drop everything to help, they make everyone feel as if they are the most important patient. I can’t think of any weaknesses.
I felt like I was treated like a human not a number because Dr. Slater are the point to get to know me, why I was seeking treatment, seemed as genuinely interested in finding why we didn’t get the desired results,seemed genuinely sad or happy for me depending on the situation, and made a point to remember my name and greet me by it each time I called or came in.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Zabrina )
My experience as a patient of Dr. Slaters was nothing short of amazing after my last FET failed she called me personally to say how bad she felt for me, how sorry she was, and how baffled it did not work and went over what we had done and what she would recommend before the next cycle
You will absolutely love her.
My first cycle got canceled due to cysts found on my ovaries at the baseline ultrasound. My second cycle we did birth control, estrodile valerate, zpack, diazepam, prednisone, progesterone in oil, progesterone suppositories ( I had an allergic reaction to the suppositories that where compounded and did an additional shot of progesterone in oil) unfortunately that cycle ended in a negative Beta. My third cycle same medications but at the last ultrasound before transfer it showed I had ovulated so that cycle got canceled. My 4th cycle same meds except we added Lupron. Unfortunately that cycle ended in a negative Beta also. At that time Dr. Slater recommended an ERA where we found out I need additional progesterone We are currently getting ready for the next cycle
i don’t remember the exact cost but found it to be very reasonable they gave information on an in house discount program and multiple other programs available
I don’t have any comments as this has not been brought up before in treatment

1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Our nurse/coorsinated [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] Kara was very organized and prompt with her instructions. She gave thorough instructions and was very on tip of the whole process. The ultrasound and phlebotomy techs were very friendly and nice to work with. It is a tough job to works all the patients into a scheduke but the receptionists were nice and great at working you in.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic atmosphere is very friendly but they are also respectful in knowing that not all patients get good news. They take good care of you and help you explore any avenue to make you dreams of having a family come true!
Dr. Slater is an amazing doctor. She doesn't just treat you as a number, she is very personable. When I did my cycle she personally called me after the egg retrieval to let me know the results and ongoing progress with the embryos. She was just as ecstatic as we were about the results! We love her!
Our nurse/coorsinated Kara was very organized and prompt with her instructions. She gave thorough instructions and was very on tip of the whole process. The ultrasound and phlebotomy techs were very friendly and nice to work with. It is a tough job to works all the patients into a scheduke but the receptionists were nice and great at working you in.
Dr. Slater explained the entire IVF process thoroughly and wrote out all of our options so we could refer to it later, which we appreciated since it is a lot to take in! She explained to us what she was looking for in every blood test and ultrasound so we would know what to expect. We didn't feel rushed, she explained the proccess and took extra time to answer our questions. We left each appointnent content and knowing what to expect.
She knows what she is doing, trust her and you can't go wrong!
My cycle was 10 days long until retrieval day. I started out on one dose each of Follistim and Menopur, then after each blood test the Menopur doses increased to stimulate my follicles. Then during the cycle Cetrotide was added to my regimen to control ovulation. Ovidrel was my trigger shot to mature the eggs. In my initial ultrasound there was 20 follicles visible, in the end I had 22 stimulated follicles which produced 18 eggs. 11 eggs fertilized with the donor sperm and 7 made it to blastocyst stage. 1 embryo was transfered to our Gestational Surrogate which resulted in pregnancy/live birth and 6 were frozen.
The complete cycle cost around $16,000 with all the blood tests, Doctor consultations, ultrasounds for me and my Gestational Surrogate. The medication for me and our surrogste was around $5,000. We estimated we might need about $6,000-8,000 in medication but I stimulated easier than anticipated. So total was around $21,000
Dr. Slater prefers to transfer one embryo because of the risks associated with multiple pregnancy. We agreed and proceeded with a single embryo transfer.

4 IUI, IVF
The nurses for iui (Maria) and Slater ivf (zabrina) weren't very professional. There were 3 iui that got cancelled bc she didn't order my meds in time. Zabrina couldn't communicate well, then sent an email complaining about me to me by accident when she was trying to send it to the RE. Unprofessional...they require money upfront, don't take payments from all insurance... They don't tell you up front that certain things can't do on the weekends...
4 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The REs at this office love to control your cycle any way they can. They don't tell you up front that certain things can't do on the weekends (rather don't want to), they require money upfront, don't take payments from all insurance, will push for testing when not needed, unprofessional
Not very good bedside manor, when she called w test results there wasn't any empathy in her voice, always pushed for pgs testing when we acknowledged not wanting it many times
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maria )
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She was always good at getting to the point, but never wanted to try anything considered to be "contriversial" in treatment plan (ie: blood clotting disorder tests, uterine infection tests, she barely recommended the ERA). She is nice, but she loves to push for testing (like pgs) even when you specifically tell her no many times, I finally switched doctors to one in same office bc of this)
Don't let her push you into anything you don't want to do
Grow as many eggs as possible, pgs test everything (we didnt), do minimal after transfer. Iui was always the same, never changed (Clomid, gonal-f, trigger). Ivf always the same too (estrogen, progesterone, transfer)
Iui was about $1400 per cycle not including lab work. Ivf fresh I don't remember bc my insurance covered a lot. Ivf fet is $3600 per cycle not including blood work

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
They [ID Ctr for Repro Med] tend to go over things very quickly...The egg retrieval and subsequent fresh transfer and all visits associated was around $9500. The drug regimen required was an additional $4500. The freezing of leftover embryos was $1000, and will be an additional $500 per year...When I graduated from the clinic and was passed to the OB, the nursing staff cried right along with me, tears of happiness for our success. They care about you, and they're invested in your outcomes. Absolutely could not be nicer people.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They tend to go over things very quickly, so I recommend bringing a friend or family member / husband, and pens and notepads, so that two+ heads are better than one. I found myself emotionally overwhelmed sometimes, and didn't absorb all of the information necessary, but my "appointment buddy" did, and would write everything down for me, and ask all of the right questions, and go over things with me later so we could talk them through. If I had tried to learn everything by myself, I would have been lost.
Dr. Slater gets to know you and is very involved in the process, which she tailors to your specific needs. She takes lots of time with you and answers any questions you may have. You get a sense that she's as invested in a positive outcome as you are.
I really enjoyed Dr. Slater. I, too, have a dry-ish sense of humor. She might come off as blunt to some, but I actually prefer that in a person. These visits can be overwhelming, but she takes time with you without rushing you out the door and really tries to make sure that you understand what's going to happen, and what's next.
Listen to her! She has an excellent track record and makes all recommendations for a reason.
I was fortunate to conceive twins on my first IVF cycle. I had suffered recurrent miscarriages with no explanations. One of the explanations provided, post-retrieval, was poor egg quality - which stands to reason. Of 27 eggs retrieved at age 37, only 11 fertilized, and only 5 of those made it to blast stage, which I'm told is a lower-than-average percentage. In the event that I was also miscarrying because of a progesterone deficiency, I was pre-emptively put on progesterone vaginal suppositories for the first 13 weeks of my pregnancy. Of two 5-day fresh blasts transferred, both stuck and resulted in di/di boy/girl twins.
The egg retrieval and subsequent fresh transfer and all visits associated was around $9500. The drug regimen required was an additional $4500. The freezing of leftover embryos was $1000, and will be an additional $500 per year. After a deductible was met, my insurance covered the ultrasounds and prenatal care required after I had a positive pregnancy test.
My clinic refused to transfer more than two, as a rule, and they may have had age restrictions on that. I transferred two by choice, knowing that the result could be twins, or in rare cases, more. They were very forthright about the possibilities, and about how carrying multiples is harder on your body.
Boise

Everyone is so kind [at ID Center for Reproductive Med]! I never felt I welcomed or cared for as a patient of theirs. It always felt like you got to see family. They helped with everything and always were able to answer questions that I had or concerns.... Jen [a nurse] was very kind and loving. She always called to check and see how things were going and to check and see if we had any questions. She was easy to relate to and helped during hard times without asking.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is so kind! I never felt I welcomed or cared for as a patient of theirs. It always felt like you got to see family. They helped with everything and always were able to answer questions that I had or concerns.
Before we started our first treatments with Dr.Maas we were very surprised to find out we were pregnant with twins. We chose to continue with our ultrasounds with Dr.Maas until our 8 week appointment where we were supposed to graduate and move to another doctor. At our appointment we found out that our twins no longer had heartbeats and were devistated. I have never been so grateful to be with a doctor before in my life. I knew that I wouldn’t have gotten the same care and love that we did with Dr.Maas and staff. Everyone of them have been through somesort of treatment for fertility, have had a miscarriage or child. They mourned with is and called to check on us almost daily to make sure we were ok. We felt more like family than a number or “just another patient”. Once we were ready Dr.Maas helped us get pregnant with her our beautiful baby girl. We love Dr.Maas and his staff!!!
Jen was very kind and loving. She always called to check and see how things were going and to check and see if we had any questions. She was easy to relate to and helped during hard times without asking.
Dr.Mass was always very straight forward with us, but kind and thoughtful at the same time we it came time to explaining treatment to us. He has also been through many treatments with his wife and knew what we were going through, and it was so nice to have a doctor you could relate to. I remember when we lost our twins he talked with us and told us that even though this is one of the hardest things we will go through, we CAN get pregnant and that is a huge blessing in itself. Even though I was devistated about losing our twins, I heard onto those words and a couple months later we were pregnant with our daughter.
Listen to him! He knows what he is talking about. Not only has he studied it. He has been through it!
Dr.Maas first placed me on a birth control for a month so I could have my period and then I started taking a different med, it was like clomid but a different med due to me not having a good reaction to clomid. After that he had me to ovulation test and if I had not ovulated by Friday I was to do a shot to make me ovulate (I apologize I don’t remember all the med names) I ended up needing the shot and then we were supposed to have intercourse ever 12-24 hours for 36 hours I believe.
In all I believe our treatments cost close to $3000.
We did not have to do embryo transfer during treatment.
Boise

This clinic [ID Center for Reproductive Med] was always clean, cozy, and welcoming. Since we were traveling from out of town (about 2 hours away), everyone tried to be as accommodating as possible to respect our time. I understand that they have moved physical addresses, but I'm confident that the atmosphere is the same.... I worked with many different nurses and felt cared for, validated, and connected with all of them. They cared about what happened to us and our journey. We had people in our corner for the ups and downs.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic was always clean, cozy, and welcoming. Since we were traveling from out of town (about 2 hours away), everyone tried to be as accommodating as possible to respect our time. I understand that they have moved physical addresses, but I'm confident that the atmosphere is the same.
I felt like a well-cared-for human every step of the way. Dr. Slater took time at every appointment to explain everything thoroughly and answer any and all questions. She was both warm and professional.
Dr. Slater communicated with us very clearly throughout our time at ICRM. She was upfront about risks and our chances of conceiving and giving birth to a healthy child. She recommended transferring only one embryo because of the health of the embryos and my age and health as well. I trusted her during our IVF journey and will gladly work with her again when we are ready to try for more children.
My advice would be to take notes and ask any questions you have, even if they seem silly. Dr. Slater, or a member of her staff, will gladly answer them all.
We started seeing Dr. Slater after trying Clomid with no success. We immediately started planning for IUI. My body took a long time to respond to the injected medications. Dr. Slater took a cautious approach when upping my dosages. On the day of our scheduled IRI, unfortunately I had to many follicles that could have resulted an egg, so we had to cancel. As disappointed as I was to cancel, I appreciate that Dr. Slater made a wise choice to do so. After that, we moved directly into preparing for IVF, with a frozen egg transfer. Dr. Slater performed my egg retrieval and transfer. Because both me and my embryos were so healthy, she strongly suggested transferring only one embryo. I became pregnant during this, my first round, with identical twins!
We paid a little over $14,000, not including the cost of medicine.
Dr. Slater let us know from the beginning that our goal was one healthy baby, and her professional opinion in our particular case was to transfer only one embryo. We trusted her judgment and chose to transfer only one.

2013 - 2015
I was very pleased with my clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] and felt that they all worked extremely well together to create a great atmosphere. I felt confident placing my future into their hands and they were always quick to return any phone calls I made with questions.... Very helpful, cheerful, and educated. I always walked away feeling like my case was the only case they had to deal with that day.... Our cost with ICSI was right under $15,000 including medication that we needed.
2013 - 2015
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I was very pleased with my clinic and felt that they all worked extremely well together to create a great atmosphere. I felt confident placing my future into their hands and they were always quick to return any phone calls I made with questions. I also only had one bad experience where I didn't feel validated in what I was feeling. That being, when we lost the rest of our embryos vs. the two placed inside of me. Even though it resulted in a singleton pregnancy at the time I felt discouraged that we lost everything else and would have to start again for a sibling. This staff member told me that I got what I wanted which was a pregnancy. Which is true, but I also needed time to mourn what I lost as well.
Dr. Slater and her staff were always kind, relatable, and compassionate through my entire journey.
Dr. Slater is very knowledgable, she herself went through IVF to better understand it and to relate better to her patience. However, sometimes my spouse and I would leave confused due the amount of information thrown at us.
To ask any and every questions you have. Make sure you leave feeling understood and that you understand all that you're about to endure.
My husband has low sperm count and mobility giving us a less than 1% chance of conceiving on our own. We could have done IUI's but again the percentage was to low to even consider. We were recommended to do IVF with ICSI giving us, If i recall correctly a 30% chance of conceiving. My husband and I choose to go that last route. Everything went smoothly, they retrieved 27 eggs (which resulted in me getting OHSS), 20 were mature enough, 11 fertilized, 7 continued to grow, but in the end only two made it an continued to mature to the extent needed. However, those two embryos were placed and it resulted in a singleton pregnancy. A few years later when we went back to start IVF over again, Dr. Slater had a new plan for us in hopes to achieve better egg quality and to make sure I wouldn't get OHSS again. We never went through with a second IVF cycle due to an unexplained pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I honestly don't recall how they set up my monitoring appointments. But I do remember getting in and out at a timely manner so I could get back to work.
Our cost with ICSI was right under $15,000 including medication that we needed.
I don't recall her exact reasoning but I remember feeling confident in her reasoning at the time with doing two embryos for my transfer.
Boise

The front staff [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] is very friendly, the financial coordinator always seemed like she was cheering us on and trying to give us hope (I really liked her), and the person who performed the IUI's had a personality that made me feel at ease during the procedures.... The coordinator was very insensitive to my feelings and made comments that were very unsupportive and didn't match up with what Dr. Maas had told us.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The front staff is very friendly, the financial coordinator always seemed like she was cheering us on and trying to give us hope (I really liked her), and the person who performed the IUI's had a personality that made me feel at ease during the procedures. I like Dr. Maas a lot as well, and think things could have been different had we had a different nurse coordinating our treatments.
I felt like Dr. Maas was very considerate of our feelings and tried to help us on the path we were wanting to go.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer (I think))
The coordinator was very insensitive to my feelings and made comments that were very unsupportive and didn't match up with what Dr. Maas had told us. When talking to her, she told me my husband's 10,000,000 sperm count was absolutely amazing and questioned my resources when I said that from what I had read that was considered low, and made me feel shame in talking to a friend (who had recently gone through IVF) for support saying, "you shouldn't be talking to your friend about your husband's low sperm count." I think we would have continued treatment with ICRM if I hadn't felt so much confusion and hurt because of the coordinator during an already difficult and sensitive time.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Maas was very compassionate, kind, and as informative as he could be. We never felt rushed during our appointments or felt like he was in a hurry to get to the next patient. We would have liked more specifics and better communication between him and the staff- he would sometimes tell us one thing while the staff would tell us another. I also wish we would have established a more detailed plan to go off of because I was never 100% sure what he felt would be best for our next step. Overall, I feel like there could have been more clarification and possibly more testing done to answer questions and other possible diagnoses that he thought there was a good chance of me having.
Be sure to ask lots of questions, let him know how informative/blunt you would like for him to be, and make sure all necessary testing is done before you begin treatment.
I don't remember the specific costs.

2012 - 2013
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The clinic [ID Center for Reproductive Med] was very nice and an inviting atmosphere. The one thing i didn’t love was if you are needing a Sperm retrieval the bathroom that our husbands are to use was right by the front waiting room. We opted to collect at home but also that conversation was had at the front desk which i would have preferred it to be a little more private. But other than that the clinic was great.
2012 - 2013
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very nice and an inviting atmosphere. The one thing i didn’t love was if you are needing a Sperm retrieval the bathroom that our husbands are to use was right by the front waiting room. We opted to collect at home but also that conversation was had at the front desk which i would have preferred it to be a little more private. But other than that the clinic was great.
She was very professional but also sensitive to our situation. It gave us confidence that she would do her best to help us accomplish our goal of starting our family!
All of the nursing staff was very kind and extremely hopeful for us! They always made us feel so good. Some even felt like family after a while of going in for treatments.
We felt like she was very professional in how she spoke to us about our diagnoses. She drew diagrams for ya and tried to help us understand more thouroughly what was going on with us. She was compassionate in the sense that she felt bad that we had to be in this situation but was confident in her ability and skill to be able to help us out.
She won’t get emotional on you. She’s very kind yet very matter of fact. Her confidence is encouraging & she makes you feel like she genuinely wants to help you accomplish your dreams!
We were mainly dealing with me having very resistant ovaries that never wanted to ovulate. I have PCOS & we were trying to conceive for 4 years. I was put on several cycles of metformin, clomid, injections of FSH, & a total of 6 rounds of IUI’s over the span of 4 years.
Each cycle round of IUI’s cost us around $1000-$1200 depending on how many ultra sounds we had and how much drugs i needed.

2017 - 2019
Friendly front office staff, finance coordinators, nurses, ultrasound techs, etc [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine]. I felt important and cared about these people. Weakness is how busy the office is and getting into appointments on time. I always waited 15-20 minutes after my appointment time...The nurses were always wonderful and helpful! Answered all my questions quickly. Showed compassion. I felt supported by the nurses, CNAs, and ultrasound techs. They were the reasons I s
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Friendly front office staff, finance coordinators, nurses, ultrasound techs, etc. I felt important and cared about these people. Weakness is how busy the office is and getting into appointments on time. I always waited 15-20 minutes after my appointment time.
Dr. Slater didn’t take the time to talk with me or get to know me as a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Natalie )
The nurses were always wonderful and helpful! Answered all my questions quickly. Showed compassion. I felt supported by the nurses, CNAs, and ultrasound techs. They were the reasons I stayed!
Dr. Slater was okay as a doctor. I didn’t feel like she took the time to get to know me or give me any answers. I was never given any explanation about why the IUIs failed and was just given more medication. I needed answers why I wasn’t able to get pregnant and I didn’t feel like I got any answers from Dr. Slater.
Be prepared that she doesn’t have great bed side manner.
I did 5 IUIs. The first two with Clomid and then was switched to letrozole because of my lining being too thin. I used injections every time and the last IUI was the highest dosage. I was never given any explanations on the medication or increasing the dosage. The results from all my IUIs were all negative.
All costs were out of pocket. There were no payment plans. I feel like a payment plan would be helpful in this process. It’s so expensive and we need options for paying.
Boise

[The nursing] staff at ICRM were so kind and compassionate. The always shared or excitement and good is in the sadness when a cycle was negative...The consult was around $250. Each cycle of IUI was around $1000...There is a consistency throughout all the staff and the quality of the procedures performed. The explain what and why they do anything and are open to any and all questions.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
All the staff is so compassionate and caring. They want you to be successful in all your treatments. There is a consistency throughout all the staff and the quality of the procedures performed. The explain what and why they do anything and are open to any and all questions.
He shared his personal story of his battle with infertility with his wife. He is caring and listens to our concerns.
The missing staff at ICRM were so kind and compassionate. The always shared or excitement and good is in the sadness when a cycle was negative.
Dr. Maas shows compassion towards our circumstance. He genuinely wants all his patient to experience the wonderful treat it is to become a parent. By sharing his story and experience of being on the patient side of infertility, showed my husband and I that he not only empathizes with us but can also sympathize with our situation and the emotional turmoil that it causes.
Ask every and all questions you could possible have. Dr. Maas is honest about all the procedures toy may have, the processes and the percentage rate of success.
Dr. Maas included us in his decision making and how aggressive we wanted to be. We together to use clomid with all the cycles of iui. I successfully ovulated all three times but all from the same side. Which unfortunately was the side that my fallopian tube was slightly constricted. We are currently saving to try again with a more aggressive approach.
The consult was around $250. Each cycle of IUI was around $1000
Boise

Strengths are the staff [ID Center for Repro Med] and how amazing they are. I love that when I go in there it feels like a family not a dr office. Weaknesses would be how booked out they are ... Andrea, dr Maas’s nurse, is amazing. If I ever have any questions about anything I just shoot her an email and she responds really quickly. Al of the other staff seem to be amazon as well. I got blood drawn from there and the phlebotomist was extremely kind. T
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths are the staff and how amazing they are. I love that when I go in there it feels like a family not a dr office. Weaknesses would be how booked out they are (but i guess that just shows how great they are).
I felt like a human due to the fact that the appointment was very personable and like he wanted to do everything he possibly could in his power that would get my husband and I a baby.
Dr Maas went over all our options in great detail. He let us know what he recommends but ultimately let’s you make the decision. He is very kind and makes you feel like a patient and not a number. We first met in his office and we sat down and he showed us his computer that had a slideshow playing that showed us exactly what the procedure would be like. It was really informative and helped us to make our decision and proceed with IVF.
A piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is be prepared to wait a while for your initial appointment. It took us 3 months to get into him. So just be prepared for the wait.
I haven’t actually started the treatment as I’m still in the testing phase.
The initial visit was $325 but if you have blue cross as your primary I believe that fee is waived.
No comments.
2014 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
They [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] gave me resources to find financial, (even provided me with a grant) and emotional help. They are a clean, well appointed clinic with knowledgeable staff in every portion right down to the blood draw. ... The clinic was excellent, their strengths were communication. I knew about the processes extensively and can tell others what I know. ... Dr. Maas and my coordinator made sure I knew every part of the IVF procedure and the options that I had. I
2014 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was excellent, their strengths were communication. I knew about the processes extensively and can tell others what I know. They gave me resources to find financial, (even provided me with a grant) and emotional help. They are a clean, well appointed clinic with knowledgeable staff in every portion right down to the blood draw. Dr. Maas and my coordinator made sure I knew every part of the IVF procedure and the options that I had. I wish I had gone to them years ago!
Dr. Maas was very nice and I believe that he will give me the baby I truly want. He knows how to do it with a donor egg, I just ran out of funds to finish the procedures.
very caring, organized and compassionate. Very Knowledgeable.
My experience with Dr. Kevin Maas was very good, every person at ICRM were super and treated my with respect and went out of their way to help me in any way they could including providing me with a grant which I couldn't use because I ran out of funds. I will continue to go to Dr. Kevin Maas for any other treatments that I get and often recommend him to others.
Make sure that you go in knowing that there can be disappointments, but Dr. Kevin Maas will help you as long as you can get the funds to have the procedures.
we started with three cycles of clomid, we were then going to do IVF with Donor eggs.
they were very reasonable, I believe it was about 24,000 for IVF
1 embryo because I am an "older" patient.

Other, Unexplained
We had a discount program for medications the first year [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine]...They [nurses] are always helpful and don't mind if I ask questions. As our treatments went/go on I feel them rooting extra hard for us. Even when they have to call to give us negative results they are compassionate...Please be away are you enter the back hallway it is lined with pictures of the babies they have helped create. I'm sure for some this is encouraging but I feel as my time goes further and further with them I find it hard to look at. It reminds me that others were successful and we have not been.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I feel like it is clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is very helpful and Tami is always a pleasure to talk with as you check out. She was very helpful when trying to fill out insurance forms for reimbursement. Please be away are you enter the back hallway it is lined with pictures of the babies they have helped create. I'm sure for some this is encouraging but I feel as my time goes further and further with them I find it hard to look at. It reminds me that others were successful and we have not been.
They were always very personable. Greeted with a smile and never seemed rushed through.
They are always helpful and don't mind if I ask questions. As our treatments went/go on I feel them rooting extra hard for us. Even when they have to call to give us negative results they are compassionate.
He was very intelligent and explained everything very well. He didn't mind me asking a million questions and wanting statistics and numbers on everything. He was sympathetic and never questioned or pressured us if we didnt want to do a treatment due to cost.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
We used rather low doses of gonal-f and Menopur. Due to my risk of preterm labor he was very mindful of possible multiples.
We had a discount program for medications the first year. Our cycles averaged $700ish/cycle with out IUI.
We have not gotten to this point in our treatment yet.
Boise

I felt like the staff [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] recognized me every time I went in. They always asked about my other child and if I needed to bring him to an appointment it was no big deal. My questions were always answered and they helped me through the process.... Everyone made me feel comfortable. Several of them had been thought IVF as well so I felt they really understood what I was going through.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The actual building was a little old and needed updating but they have since moved to a brand new facility. There was a receptionist that I didn’t really jive with but I don’t think she works there anymore. Otherwise, everyone was great to work with.
I felt like the staff recognized me every time I went in. They always asked about my other child and if I needed to bring him to an appointment it was no big deal. My questions were always answered and they helped me through the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hilton)
Very kind, calm, mild mannered and approachable but also very knowledgeable. Spent time looking at our fertility history up to that point and offered his opinion on what he thought we could do differently. This made me feel confident and understood.
Ask lots of questions and be able to be flexible. No fertility journey is linear and there is always something that doesn’t go exactly as planned.
The main one was doing PGS testing. The rationale was that if we were investing that much time an money into the process it wouldn’t hurt to make sure that the embryos we would use were chromosomaly normal. That way we weren’t wasting time with an embryo that wouldn’t survive.
Around $30,000. That was for a two cycle plan, medication, ICSI and PGS testing.
He suggested just using one embryo at a time because with the PGS testing we were eliminating some of the reasons for transferring multiple embryos (there is a higher rate of success when you are using embryos that are chromosomaly normal).

2010 - 2012
A nice clinic [ID Ctr for Repro Med]. Met expectations in terms of cleanliness and comfort. I got the feeling they were professionals who knew what they were doing....They [nurses] were hard to get ahold of by phone if you missed a call. That said, they were very understanding and sweet when delivering bad news after bad news....They definitely had a process. Try A, if that doesn't work, try B. Then try C. If that doesn't work, schedule a consultation. Repeat. It didn't feel very personalized and they quickly ran out of new things for me to try.
2010 - 2012
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
A nice clinic. Met expectations in terms of cleanliness and comfort. I got the feeling they were professionals who knew what they were doing. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
They definitely had a process. Try A, if that doesn't work, try B. Then try C. If that doesn't work, schedule a consultation. Repeat. It didn't feel very personalized and they quickly ran out of new things for me to try. The only new idea they had was increasing the meds, to which I wasn't reponding well.
They were hard to get ahold of by phone if you missed a call. That said, they were very understanding and sweet when delivering bad news after bad news.
She didn't have anything different for me to try after 8 failed IUIs. She just wanted to increase the same meds and keep doing the same thing over and over, which obviously wasn't working because I wasn't responding to them and wasn't getting pregnant. I was in my early 30s and in perfect health, and I ovulated like clockwork on my own.
I know Idaho options are very limited. Consider traveling for treatment, or if you must stay local, be prepared to educate yourself and know what to ask for when the standard menu of options doesn't work for you.
Typical Clomid, trigger shot, IUI, progesterone, blood test. She added an injectable for a few cycles but it was very expensive and I never produced more than 2 follicles on it.
Around $500 per cycle.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinic staff [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] is very nice and are always smiling. They are helpful and will find answers for you. The clinic itself in the waiting room is very sterile and not homey feeling. Sometimes I feel like everyone is staring at you because of the way the waiting room is set up...Zabrina [nurse] is amazing. She is understanding and helps you through difficult news. She helps you financially to try and get better deals.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic staff is very nice and are always smiling. They are helpful and will find answers for you. The clinic itself in the waiting room is very sterile and not homey feeling. Sometimes I feel like everyone is staring at you because of the way the waiting room is set up.
Dr. Mass treated me with respect and sat down and actually listened to me and my spouse. He gave us recommendations but gave his personal choice as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Zabrina Kopp)
Zabrina is amazing. She is understanding and helps you through difficult news. She helps you financially to try and get better deals.
Dr. Mass is a very fun loving person. He always says hi and smiles. When you need someone to listen, he is there and will take the time with you. He doesn't make you feel like you're a number or he needs yo move on. He even will personally call you to deliver results.
Go to him. Don't hesitate to write down questions and ask them.
After trying a cycle of IVF because we wanted to try it, he sat down and talked to us about embryo donation and egg donors. My hormones have been out of wack and have had to stop and restart meds. He has reassured us he will do his best to get us a kiddo.
9,800 for iVF and 4000 for meds
He goes over the health concerns and his reasoning for it.
Boise

They [Idaho Ctr for Reproductive Med] will get to know you and you will feel special. Most of the people working there have gone through infertility themselves so they "get it." They have some communication things to still work out....Nothing big some communication mistakes between people working at the clinic. Some discrepancies with billing.... It took a round of IVF to develop our relationship. Our first interaction was very cold but after we went through a round of IVF she was very compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They will get to know you and you will feel special. Most of the people working there have gone through infertility themselves so they "get it." They have some communication things to still work out.
It took a while but I felt Dr. Slater and her staff knew me and cared about my outcome.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She is very intelligent which helps you trust her and what she is doing. She struggles to explain things in a way that is easy to understand but she is also okay if you ask her questions or explain it in a different way.
Tape record or bring someone with you to your first visit so you can listen back to what was said to help explain. In addition don't feel scared to call/email with any questions that may come up.
She explained everything to us. We didn't use ICSI the first time and after that she mandated it which was a good decision.
Unsure
She was honest and open but willing to let us make the decision.

2013 - 2018
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Their physical location [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] changed recently.... I hear their new place is lovely and big.... so helpful and nice. Like super normal people who remembered you EVERY visit.... Phone calls might not get returned until later in the evening... For my first egg retrieval, my email was spelled incorrectly, so I didn't get a notice that I owed $10,000 the day of the appointment. I also didn't receive the snail mail notification either.
2013 - 2018
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Their physical location changed recently. Their old place on Main Street was a renovated house? It was a bit quirky. I hear their new place is lovely and big. Phone calls might not get returned until later in the evening, so if you call in the morning, in a panic with blood in your panties at 6 weeks along, you might not hear from anyone right away.
Dr. Slater always took time to explain to me what was happening with our treatments. She was clear on our chances of conceiving via IUI and then using a surrogate. We met in person, spoke on the phone, and corresponded via email. The support staff at the ICRM was wonderful, too; it seemed like they all worked with Slater as a team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara Hill, Natalie Levin)
OMG, so helpful and nice. Like super normal people who remembered you EVERY visit.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Slater was realistic with our possibilities and chances of having a "take home" baby. At every step, I felt like she wanted to help us, like the specific us, have a baby. The one negative is that she speaks really really quickly, but I found that to be good: not a lot of time wasted.
I recommend her if in Idaho. It's worth travelling to Boise if you aren't from that area.
Pharmacy $6,643.62 Anesthesia $500.00 Retrieval Process $9,797.50
Slater was supportive of our decision to transfer a single embryo, rather than two. It's healthier for the fetus and for the carrier. We both understood that.

PCOS, Unexplained
Weaknesses- must always pay upfront, cannot do payment plans. ... Strengths- compassion they [Idaho Center for Repro Med] have towards patients. Clean and relaxing environment. Open weekends. Someone is almost always available to talk to. ... Everyone knows your name. Everyone is friendly and compassionate and understanding. Gentle with how the treat you. Care about your pain levels.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths- compassion they have towards patients. Clean and relaxing environment. Open weekends. Someone is almost always available to talk to. Weaknesses- must always pay upfront, cannot do payment plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
Maria was a little difficult to get ahold of in the beginning, but quickly grew better about responding to emails and phone calls. All nurses showed true caring and compassion toward me every single visit.
Dr Slater was so kind and compassionate. She made she I understood everything I was going to be going through. The tests were coming back fine, but nothing was happening. After multiple injections, I told her I couldn't afford it anymore. She comped me enough injections to complete one more cycle, and even though it failed, her true compassion showed.
Be open and honest.
Dr Slater wanted to start with letrozole for 3 months. We did that and nothing came of it. She raised my dosage, nothing came of it. She started me on injections and still nothing came of it.
Expensive, but understandably so. More affordable than having an ultrasound at the local hospital.
Boise

Well they [Idaho Ctr for Repro Med] just recently moved to a beautiful new location. It seems so much bigger and more organized. Everyone seems happy to be in the new, bigger space. They have all the equipment necessary, the rooms are private and not super bright lights.... I think for all the testing for my husband and I and the first round of IUI it was around $2000... Shauna has been great, I don’t actually see her much but she is the one I call for the plans.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Well they just recently moved to a beautiful new location. It seems so much bigger and more organized. Everyone seems happy to be in the new, bigger space. They have all the equipment necessary, the rooms are private and not super bright lights.
He was very personable and understood my goals and issues. His staff have been great to work with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shauna Bennett)
Shauna has been great, I don’t actually see her much but she is the one I call for the plans. She always calls back in a timely manner and is able too answer my questions. She knows the plan as exactly what and when I need to do thing a. She has been really helpful.
Dr. Maas was very through on each step I need to take to begin the process. He explained all the testing for myself and my husband. He was understanding, since he and his wife have also recently gone through all the stages and testing for fertility treatments.
Be patient. Trust the process.
After the testing we decided to try IUI, I went on clomid for cycle days 3-7, had a couple ultrasounds to measure and count my follicles and then a trigger shot on day 13 with IUI on day 15.
Boise

We saw [Dr.] Slater's nurse [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] more than the doctor...Nurse Jen showed a lot of compassion and hope...The people working there, seem nice. Communication is lacking a bit. However, they are the only clinic in the area and are super busy. It's important to be educated before even going to the clinic so you can have a clearer understanding of what they are saying.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We saw Slater's nurse more than the doctor but it appears that's what happens in the medical field.
They are doing the best they can do. Nurse Jen showed a lot of compassion and hope.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Slater is kind and nice and wants the best for each person or couple that she sees. Dr. Slater gave us the different scenarios with using IUI and now we recently met discussing IVF. It's been an interesting journey. Dr. Slater has updated up on how the procedure works.
One piece advice for anyone, would be to be knowledgeable and what you are getting into. Educate yourself so you can ask questions.
My spouse was placed on hormones to increase the follicle size and also did injections for three rounds. The first round, too many follicles were produced so Dr. Slater sucked out one.
Its been spendy but it's all perspective, too.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
All of the staff [Idaho Center for Repro Medicine] was extremely helpful. When my progesterone was late from the mail order clinic, they met my husband at the office to give me enough of a supply to continue the treatment while waiting on the supply delivery. ... Appointments were always on time. ... Staff was great and knowledgable
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic has relocated since I received care. The one problem with the clinic location was limited downtown parking but this may not be an issue with the new location which is not just outside the downtown area. Appointments were always on time.
Staff was great and knowledgable
All of the staff was extremely helpful. When my progesterone was late from the mail order clinic, they met my husband at the office to give me enough of a supply to continue the treatment while waiting on the supply delivery.
Great experience...she was both clinically knowledgeable and personable...communication was clear and information was easy to understand...she seemed to be genuinely interested in your success and was empathetic to past struggles
Be prepared..the treatment is very regimented
We used fresh sperm ( increased success) did pgs because of my age (one embryo had trisomy 16), and implanted based on motor scores. I had read after retrieval, success was increased by waiting a month so we did. To increase success 2 embryos were implemented
It was a joint discussion. The decision was based on my preference to increase success

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
[ID Ctr for Repro Med-Boise has] Knowledgeable doctors. Nice nursing staff. Finance coordinator is great and so patient!! We went to the new location one time and it was beautiful, but it makes me sad to think about all of the people who had to pay an astronomical amount to make a baby and finance the new facility. The prices are ridiculous compared to other places and they have the market by the tender bits.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Slater rushes us through our consult and used a significant amount of jargon that someone who has not done any research about the TTC journey may not understand. We were pushed to do IUI without being told the true statistics.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Slater did not appear very involved in the process for her patients. Nor was she overly invested in our diagnosis. She is very knowledgeable, but it feels like she was talking at us, rather than to us.
Come prepared with questions. Advocate for yourself. If you want to do IVF right out of the gate, say something!
Round 1 IUI - 50mg Clomid, trigger shot, progesterone. No pregnancy

Endometriosis, Male Factor
The clinic is new. They seem kind of disorganized but are able to meet the needs of the treasure valley. The very first appointment back in June of 2016 my husband did not care for Dr Moss but we were okay with DrSlater... Medication costs were about $300 out of pocket, my insurance did cover the letrozole. The procedure with the wash was about $600... [Nursing Staff] They are all very nice... I don’t feel like all the pre stuff before the iui was not fully explained.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I called to start my cycle and they took until the next day to call me back
They are all very nice.
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
We only met Cristin during the first appointment. Basically I felt like she really wanted us to do IVF. We decided that we want to do 2 IUI beforeIVF. She explained things very thoroughly. Her assistant did take a day and a half to call me back. The nurse that did the IUI was amazing.
Take a lot of questions when you meet with her
We did IUI with letrozole and 375u of gonal f. Thinking for the second iui it will be the same protocol.
Na

3 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
[ID Center for Reproductive Medicine is] Very busy. Ask lots of questions and schedule early. Billing was difficult but mostly because of our insurance. Would ha e liked to see the doctor more to discuss her treatment decisions and reasoning. Ie they weren’t going to use a Med because it was expensive but our insurance paid for it and I may have had worse chances if I didn’t ask why
3 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff cares and wants us to succeed. Hugs and tears when bad news is given
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara and Zabrina)
All caring, easy to talk to, supportive
What specific things went wrong at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She’s great. Smart, thorough and kind. She was very blunt at first but is willing to answer questions, consider the patient’s wishes and financial limitations in treatment decisions. I don’t have time to say more!
Ask questions!
First retrieval gonal f, certitude, menopur. 2nd and 3rd retrieval added clomid. First transfer estrodiol progesterone injection Lovenox. Second transfer Lupron and same as aboive. Both postponed due to cysts and estradiol levels too high
I don’t know the details

Endometriosis, PCOS
I think that everything at the clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine]was great!!! My scheduling always went smoothly and my appointments were rarely late! Plus hey just moved to an amazing new building which I hear is great! Sometimes I got a little confused on what my bill was and what exactly I was paying for but there was always someone there to help!... All of the nurses were so great. I remember a few times breaking down and crying. Going though IVF is so emotional. Most of the staff there has gone through exactly what I went through. They were amazing support!
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I think that everything at the clinic was great!!! My scheduling always went smoothly and my appointments were rarely late! Plus hey just moved to an amazing new building which I hear is great! Sometimes I got a little confused on what my bill was and what exactly I was paying for but there was always someone there to help!
Dr Maas was amazing! Very caring and compassionate!
Dr. Maas was very caring and compassionate. You can tell he really has a passion for helping couples conceive. Our first visit Dr.Maas went over step by step what we were looking at and what we were going to have to do. He always had our best interest in mind.
I don’t necessarily know if it would be advice but just ask all the questions you need Dr. Maas will happily answer them!
Dr. Maas prefers to only do one embryo transfer at one time. I expressed my concerned and that I wanted to transfer 2 he let me know that wouldn’t be his choice but said that he would do it. I
Boise

It [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine- Boise] is a cute office that feels like home. The staff are all nice and very helpful...All that worked with me seemed to know the doctors and the procedures well. They knew the process and paperwork for everything...He [Dr. Kevin Maas] took the time to talk to us and answer all questions before even doing any exams or treatments.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It is a cute office that feels like home. The staff are all nice and very helpful.
He took the time to talk to us and answer all questions before even doing any exams or treatments.
Dr Maas was very friendly and helpful. He helped explain everything and showed pictures and examples to us. He was more than willing to answer all questions we had and didn't rush us. He seemed to be understanding as he and his wife have also done infertility treatment. Overall I feel my experience was great working with him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
I don't remember everything but he did explain why he would do what he was suggesting due to risk level of best outcome. He seemed to have my best interest in hand.
2007 - 2014
They [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] DO NOT offer payment plans or an sort of financial break...The clinic is very clean, private, and organized. The girls are fantastic and personable. Very homey for a medical clinic. The downside was from my husbands point of view. When it was time for his analysis, or his part of the IUI, the room is not private. It is in between other rooms in a hallway used by the nurse staff.
2007 - 2014
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Each time was specific to me and our needs.
The greatest! Always available to return my calls, listen to my nerves, and definitely support!
She was not afraid to give answers whether they be positive or negative. She was also incredibly knowledgeable of each possible situation or risk. Cristin laid out all of our options and heard all of our concerns for what would work for us, as a young couple at the time it was very scary. Her whole team is amazing!
Listen, ask, and trust.
None of infertility treatments are covered under an insurance. The vials, which are so tiny are at least $75 each. They DO NOT offer payment plans or an sort of financial break.

IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Everyone at the clinic [Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] is excellent and very easy to work with! They make you feel like family! The scheduling is great and each step of the way there is someone there to answer any questions that you might have... Kind, organized, willing to go the extra mile.... Dr. Maas is very involved with his patients and makes you feel like you are his only patient.
IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone at the clinic is excellent and very easy to work with! They make you feel like family! The scheduling is great and each step of the way there is someone there to answer any questions that you might have
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer and Zabrina )
Kind, organized, willing to go the extra mile.
Dr. Maas is patient, kind and has great bedside manner. He explains treatment in a way that makes it understandable and not stressful. He treats each patient like they are his only patient and you can tell he cares greatly about helping his patients start a family.
To relax because Dr. Maas is very good at his job and will do everything he can to help them achieve pregnancy.
We did a multiple embryo transfer because we had already had a single transfer fail.
Boise

[Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine] Nice location. Welcoming. Friendly staff. Patient with such a challenging field....[Nurses] Talked us through the procedures. Was very nice. Flexible with schedules. Helped us find deals....[Cost Of Treatment] $8000...[Dr. Slater] Very detailed and straightforward. Responsive to questions. Works well with her team. Blunt when she needs to be and delicate when it's called for. Told us about the process and was up front on the results.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Talked with us all the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kara and zabrina)
Make sure to have a good support system as well as finances in place.
After the retrieval, my hormones were too high so I had to wait and do a frozen transfer instead.
$8000
Based on my advanced maternal age. Multiple embryos were encouraged.
Boise

The front desk [at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine- Boise] is not very quiet about some procedures you are doing. Sometimes I don’t like how ‘sensitive’ they are to situations. All are very willing to help you in any way they can. But overall, they are very nice... [The nurse was] Very informative! Very on top of things and quick to get back to me and good at explaining things.... She [Dr. Cristin Slater] knows her stuff and is very informative but sometimes when she is explaining things I’m not sure what it means and she doesn’t explain it
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk is not very quiet about some procedures you are doing. Sometimes I don’t like how ‘sensitive’ they are to situations. All are very willing to help you in any way they can. But overall, they are very nice
She really took the time to get to know me and cared about my situation.
She knows her stuff and is very informative but sometimes when she is explaining things I’m not sure what it means and she doesn’t explain it. But she is very smart and good at what she does. She is very generous, and is willing to help you in any way that she can
Ask questions! Don’t be afraid to ask any and all questions
I don’t remember
IUI treatments, labs, other
Boise
There are strengths and weaknesses everywhere. ICRM does a good job of communicating and providing emergency backup meds (which you replace later) when needed. They were positive, sometimes too much so, about possibilities.... Dr. Slater was candid in manner, and I felt heard. We do not understand why my results were as they were. Looking at alternative options. She met with me a couple times and did one IUI that proved to be complicated.
Describe your experience with Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I needed meds every round for egg growth.
I had no insurance coverage, so paid out of pocket. They worked with me some, based on salary.