Innovative Fertility Center

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
3500 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
310-648-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Innovative Fertility Center to a friend?
1 doctor
The office [Innovative Fertility Center] was always clean and they offered my coffee, tea, etc while waiting. It's a relaxing environment and they usually have a romantic comedy playing in the waiting room which was a nice way to set the mood. After my testing or ultrasound, Dr. Rispler always sits down with us and his nurses to go over results/treatment plan to make sure we're all on the same page. I did have to do the HSG test at an outpatient radiology center.
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
great convenient location. The office was always clean and they offered my coffee, tea, etc while waiting. It's a relaxing environment and they usually have a romantic comedy playing in the waiting room which was a nice way to set the mood. After my testing or ultrasound, Dr. Rispler always sits down with us and his nurses to go over results/treatment plan to make sure we're all on the same page. I did have to do the HSG test at an outpatient radiology center. I know some doctors offer that in their office but I didn't mind going to a place where they specialize in that procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Dr. Rispler took the time to sit down with us before starting the diagnostic testing process. He really heard our concerns and asked/answered any appropriate questions that we may not have thought to ask ourselves. We never felt rushed or pressured to do a specific treatment or within a certain timeframe. I felt like he really cared and wanted to help us through this process. I never waited long to see him during my scheduled appointments
Describe your experience with your nurse at Innovative Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Candace)
Candace was always personable and able to answer all my questions regarding appointments, insurance coverage, and procedures.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
I could tell instantly Dr. Rispler has been doing this for a long time and has a thorough diagnostic process to figure out what the best course of treatment is. He coordinated well with my OB/GYN and reviewed my chart thoroughly. We are seeking treatment because of my husbands chemo treatments which had a high infertility rate. He was very compassionate towards us and made my husband feel comfortable and confident. He is a self-proclaimed "purist" and does encouraged a healthy diet with minimal medications or chemicals used on the body. I went to most of my ultrasounds by myself because my husband usually had to work. They were great about getting me in and I always felt comfortable with him, he would also have a nurse or female present during the ultrasound - very professional.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
He's brilliant, which may come across as quirky but I appreciated his bedside manner and it put me at ease. It can be overwhelming but I felt comfortable asking any question. His staff is great! Especially Carol in billing. She went above and beyond to help me with a claim that my insurance was denying and spent an hour on the phone with them to get it resolved.
Describe the protocols Mark Rispler used in your cycles at Innovative Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We have one healthy daughter (no fertility treatments) but since her birth, my husband underwent chemo treatment for stage 4 NH-Lymphoma where we were told it had a 85% infertility rate. So, after trying for 6 months we decided to see a specialist. Dr. Rispler wanted us to do blood work, seamen sample, day 3 cycle ultrasound, an ovulation ultrasound and the HSG test. We are still early in the process. So far our tests have looked good with no obvious reason for causing infertility. He suggested we continue trying naturally for 1-3 more months. If that didn't result in a pregnancy, then we would try fertility drugs, then IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center.
We have fertility coverage and he is in-network with blue shield. So, they would collect the co-pay for office visit, and $100 deposit for ultrasounds. If the bill was less than, they would refund or credit my account.
Manhattan Beach
This office [Innovative Fertility] is small, 2 nurses, 1 doctor, 1 embryologist, 1 girl at the front desk, 1 business manager and 1 financial coordinator. You see the exact same people every time you are in for an appointment, so they get to know you pretty rapidly.... Cost of one round of IVF was 9,500. Ultrasounds before hand were $250 each, we had 3. IUI cost was 2,000. Anesthesiologist =$350 they are doing a mock transfer for about $350 (not included in cost). I believe to freeze embryos is 600-800$ per year. Blood work is not included, genetic screening is 5,000 (not included).
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
Strengths-small, conveniently located, personal, amazing anasthesiologist Weaknesses-hours are strange, sometimes there is long wait time before appointment, compared to other clinic we worked with the technology and facility are a bit dated and could use a refresher and deep cleaning (lots of files and boxes everywhere)
This office is small, 2 nurses, 1 doctor, 1 embryologist, 1 girl at the front desk, 1 business manager and 1 financial coordinator. You see the exact same people every time you are in for an appointment, so they get to know you pretty rapidly.
Communication is pretty good, emailing for clarification is helpful to have things written down to go back to. Otherwise they give instructions verbally. They know who you are, their calls are on time and they are easy to get on the phone. The nurses are great with blood work which is helpful when they take blood multiple days in a row.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Dr. Rispler sees you at every visit, so you get to know him quickly. He isn't a "warm and fuzzy" doctor, and for the most part he tells it like it is. If you ask questions he will answer them, but if you don't k ow what to ask you may leave a bit confused. His office hours are a little strange (he doesn't work on Wednesdays, and the office closes early on Friday). These hours (9-4:30) can make it a challenge to manage a work schedule with your doctor appointments.
1) Be prepared with questions 2) have things written down 3) get the nurses email addresses 4) expect him to work very conservatively-he is the "better safe than sorry" type rather than experimental
I had 2 iui clomid cycles that were unsuccessful. We tried IVF with another clinic unsuccessfully and are now working with this clinic again. I have used Gonal-f and menopur during my atom cycle. Dr. Rispler does not like to do fresh cycles so we are waiting for a FET. Additionally, without previous failures he is not open to transferring more than 1 embryo. FET will be preceded with Lupron.
Describe Mark Rispler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Innovative Fertility Center.
Even with our failed previous transfer, Dr. wants to only transfer 1 embryo. This decision is also apparently due to age (he considers us to be a young couple with "plenty of time").
2008 - 2011
The clinic [Innovative Fertility] is small, with Dr. Rispler being the only RE there, and I felt like that was a bonus, with a lot of personal attention from Dr. Rispler himself. The staff (aside from the nurse) were all very pleasant and it looked like they enjoyed working there. I was very pleased with my care there...the nurse misinformed me about the insurance situation, saying the clinic did not take my insurance, when they did.
2008 - 2011
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
The clinic is small, with Dr. Rispler being the only RE there, and I felt like that was a bonus, with a lot of personal attention from Dr. Rispler himself. The staff (aside from the nurse) were all very pleasant and it looked like they enjoyed working there. I was very pleased with my care there.
Dr. Rispler is a very kind and caring doctor. He took the time to thoroughly explain what he felt was the best course of action and why, while at the same time listening to what I wanted and taking that into consideration as well. I felt like we were a team!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Innovative Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
I did not care for the nurse at the time, who I believe no longer works there. She was cold and misinformed, telling me that my insurance was not taken at the clinic, when it fact it was, and all I needed to do was switch medical groups.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Dr. Rispler is very knowledgeable about fertility issues and I felt I could trust his judgment. However, he was willing to take into consideration my wants and needs when they differed from his recommendations. For example, he recommended using Clomid simply because of my age, 38 at the time. I was concerned about having multiples and he agreed to start with unmedicated IUIs (I got pregnant after the 4th one). He also recommended having a fibroid removed that he found on my first ultrasound via hysteroscopy. I decided against it at first, not wanting to do anything invasive, but after the third failed IUI I asked him to remove it, and I got pregnant on the very next IUI!
Listen to his recommendations, but also advocate for yourself.
Unmedicated IUIs with trigger shot on the first and last (successful) IUI, along with ultrasound monitoring with every IUI. I requested and received a prescription for progesterone supplementation after every IUI as I had a borderline low progesterone level.
I believe $100 per ultrasound and $200 per IUI.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
The nursing [Innovative Fertility Center] seemed knowledgable and warm and compassionate.... My IUI cost $1250 my injections cost $125 my progesterone cost $100 my Genetic testing cost $525... it was only one Dr. And very personal also the appointments were always on time and not rushed.... Maybe another Dr. Would be helpful to bounce ideas off of and share in coming up with a treatment plan and to better research patients medical issues and do extensive testing and figure out what exactly is causing problems.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
I felt like a human because it was only one Dr. And very personal also the appointments were always on time and not rushed.
The nursing seemed knowledgable and warm and compassionate.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Overall it was good because it's a small clinic and I was never rushed out or had to wait a long time to see the Dr. I felt that the Dr could've done more research to find out what exactly is my problem and why I can't get pregnant instead of just recommending IUI or IVF. Towards the end of treatment he strongly recommended IVF instead of finding out my infertility issues
Ask questions and don't be afraid to speak up about treatment plans given.
The treatment plan was to do IVF however my husband and I wanted to try IUI before moving onto IVF because of financial reasons. Dr. Rispler felt that with the number of years we've been trying (4 yrs.), that IVF was the best choice. IUI has produced a negative pregnancy test and were on hold until further financial notice.
My IUI cost $1250 my injections cost $125 my progesterone cost $100 my Genetic testing cost $525 my co pays were $10. IVF cost a total of $15,000-$17,000
2013 - 2014
Poor Egg Quality, Other
[Innovative Fertility] Great location in Manhattan beach w easy parking, cute decor, they play chick flicks and rom coms in the lobby which was funny. Nothing notable re the exam rooms or nurse stations. Surgery room was adjacent for extractions which was convenient...[nursing staff] Sweet, easy to talk to, they really got to know me, friendly, approachable, offered to help when they didn’t have to
2013 - 2014
Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
Very keep nd staff, always answered questions, made room for me, went above and beyond supporting me
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Sweet soft spoken, compassionate, informative, does his research, approachable with questions and unusual requests. Always felt cared for and listened to. He’d call me Judy to check in following any bad news, which I appreciated
If you don’t understand what he’s saying, ask him to explain it another way until you fully understand
After 1st IUI and tests we knew I was a low responder, so tried HGH which boosted by egg count but not by much- I was 43/44 yrs old, so low egg quality. I did various progesterone methods to help carry my egg once put back in me (vagival suppositories in addition to shots).
I think $6k-$8k all in for each cycle - insurance covered the rest
He was cautious about multiple transferred and was very clear of the consequences