6.9

3500 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
310-648-2229

2020, Unsuccessful
While I was seen by Dr. Rispler I feel that he tried his best to give me the best possible care but there were a lot of obstacles that occurred during my treatment. He was nice about everything and tried to give me guidance when he could...[he] usually leaves it to his nurse to explain most things. So I felt more comfortable to talking to the nurse about issues or questions that I had. He will explain things, but it felt a bit rushed at times.
Parking [at Innovative Fertility Center] is super easy too so that is a big perk. I think they have a great system for seeing patients and I always knew what to expect and even when I was too lazy or stressed to think about what was expected of me the staff made sure to usher me wherever I needed to go...It would have been nice to have a phone call with major results like Fertilization and embryo reports. Instead I was emailed and opened them and was instantly crushed and had to sit with my feelings by myself and without support of the clinic.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Dr. Rispler is a great doctor and has a great practice. He was the only RE that I have seen so I can't compare him to any other doctor or care that I received. While I was seen by Dr. Rispler I feel that he tried his best to give me the best possible care but there were a lot of obstacles that occurred during my treatment. He was nice about everything and tried to give me guidance when he could.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Dr. Rispler usually leaves it to his nurse to explain most things. So I felt more comfortable to talking to the nurse about issues or questions that I had. He will explain things, but it felt a bit rushed at times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
The staff is very nice at this clinic and I was always seen very quickly. I felt like they were very sensitive to my needs while I was visiting the clinic and they mad sure I knew exactly what to do or where to go during appointments.
Describe the protocols Mark Rispler used in your cycles at Innovative Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We started with IUI because we didn't realize that I had hydrosalpinx until I was stimulated with clomid. For some reason my tubes didn't inflate with fluid and be visable on the scans until I was stimulated with the clomid. The IUI failed for mostly obvious reasons (hydrosalpinx). The doctor then suggested that I go straight into IVF because of the tubes so we did. We used an agonist protocol and I'm not 100 percent certain what the doses were, but we used Menopur, Gonal F, and triggered with Lupron and HCG. I am not certain but I believe we stimmed for 9-11 days, and we retrieved 20 eggs, 14 mature, 5 fertilized and 0 made it to blastocyst. The embryologist report stated dark and granular eggs. I took a break for about 6 months and had both of my tubes removed. The next round I asked Dr. Rispler to put me on Metformin because I had read that it could help with my PCOS diagnosis. We Stimmed for 11 days and a very low dose of gonal f on the first and last day of stims and 2 vials of menopur every day (except for the last day) during stims and we added omnitrope for egg quality for 4-5 days. I triggered with ovidrel and we retrieved 5 eggs 4 mature and 3 fertilized 2 blastocyst which ended up being abnormal PGS. Very different protocols and outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Innovative Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Daysy)
Daysy is very nice and helpful. I felt at ease in the clinic when she was around and I felt that she genuinely wanted to see me succeed. Perla at reception was always very nice and helpful when I called in for anything that had to do with paperwork or billing and she explained things well. Lynn another nurse was very nice as well, but I didn't speak with her too often.
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
I believe the best part of this clinic is that it is very small and I was seen very quickly. Parking is super easy too so that is a big perk. I think they have a great system for seeing patients and I always knew what to expect and even when I was too lazy or stressed to think about what was expected of me the staff made sure to usher me wherever I needed to go. The staff are all very nice people including Dr. Rispler and I felt that they were on my side and rooting for me the entire time. I think that some weaknesses are the notifications and email system they have with delivering results. It would have been nice to have a phone call with major results like Fertilization and embryo reports. Instead I was emailed and opened them and was instantly crushed and had to sit with my feelings by myself and without support of the clinic. That was really hard on me and I told the doctor about this after the first time it happened. He said that was how they normally handle results and that most of the patients like to be notified through email. Then when I got the results for my second failed round it was emailed again, but I expected that they would so it was less of a blow but still felt very lonely. I think with a clinic of this small size and their "boutique style" they should be able to call with major results so that the patient can feel supported and feel compassion just from hearing a familiar voice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center.
9500 + meds for first round and then 8000 + meds the second.
Describe Mark Rispler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Innovative Fertility Center.
Dr. Rispler only does one at a time.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I feel that Dr. Mark Rispler was honest and realistic with me which I appreciated. He was very open to answering any questions I had and listened to how I wanted to approach each treatment....He explained realistically where I was at in my particular situation and gave me his best advice....He did advise me to proceed with IVF after my 2nd failed IUI. I then went to another Doctor for my 3rd and 4th IUI, and then returned back to Dr. Rispler for my 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th.
There was always different nurses on staff, seems like the clinic has high turnover....The clinics strength is that it [Innovative Fertility Center] is small so they are more personable. The bad thing is that the front office staff and nurses are always changing so they are a little all over the place. Also they are not open on weekends which was stressful if you ovulated on a Saturday or Sunday. I just would advise any new patients to make sure they ask questions.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
I feel that Dr. Mark Rispler was honest and realistic with me which I appreciated. He was very open to answering any questions I had and listened to how I wanted to approach each treatment. He did advise me to proceed with IVF after my 2nd failed IUI. I then went to another Doctor for my 3rd and 4th IUI, and then returned back to Dr. Rispler for my 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th. I did find Dr. Rispler to be more personable that is why I returned to him for treatment.
Ask questions!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Innovative Fertility Center.
There was always different nurses on staff, seems like the clinic has high turnover. They need a little more organization.
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
The clinics strength is that it is small so they are more personable. The bad thing is that the front office staff and nurses are always changing so they are a little all over the place. Also they are not open on weekends which was stressful if you ovulated on a Saturday or Sunday. I just would advise any new patients to make sure they ask questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Innovative Fertility Center.
I had an issue with my prescription for one of my IUI procedures and so I had to drive far to pick it up. Also my 8th and final IUI they failed to call me with results after they had assured me they would call me by 5pm same day on a Friday. Since I didn’t get the call, it was the end of my 2ww and I had to wait until Monday to find out results since they close on weekends. I was going crazy wondering if I was pregnant or not so I was pretty disappointed they had me waiting an extra 2 days. Monday I called first thing in morning and still waited awhile for a call back and finally just called again and got my results. I feel they need to understand that the 2ww alone is hard for patients so if you promise your going to call stick by it.
Manhattan Beach

Overall it was good because it's a small clinic and I was never rushed out or had to wait a long time to see the Dr.[Rispler] I felt that the Dr could've done more research to find out what exactly is my problem and why I can't get pregnant instead of just recommending IUI or IVF. Towards the end of treatment he strongly recommended IVF instead of finding out my infertility issues... The treatment plan was to do IVF however my husband and I wanted to try IUI
The nursing [Innovative Fertility Center] seemed knowledgable and warm and compassionate.... My IUI cost $1250 my injections cost $125 my progesterone cost $100 my Genetic testing cost $525... it was only one Dr. And very personal also the appointments were always on time and not rushed.... Maybe another Dr. Would be helpful to bounce ideas off of and share in coming up with a treatment plan and to better research patients medical issues and do extensive testing and figure out what exactly is causing problems.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Overall it was good because it's a small clinic and I was never rushed out or had to wait a long time to see the Dr. I felt that the Dr could've done more research to find out what exactly is my problem and why I can't get pregnant instead of just recommending IUI or IVF. Towards the end of treatment he strongly recommended IVF instead of finding out my infertility issues
Ask questions and don't be afraid to speak up about treatment plans given.
I felt like a human because it was only one Dr. And very personal also the appointments were always on time and not rushed.
The treatment plan was to do IVF however my husband and I wanted to try IUI before moving onto IVF because of financial reasons. Dr. Rispler felt that with the number of years we've been trying (4 yrs.), that IVF was the best choice. IUI has produced a negative pregnancy test and were on hold until further financial notice.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Innovative Fertility Center.
The nursing seemed knowledgable and warm and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
My IUI cost $1250 my injections cost $125 my progesterone cost $100 my Genetic testing cost $525 my co pays were $10. IVF cost a total of $15,000-$17,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Innovative Fertility Center.
Nothing major just wasn't called in time about test results, was confused with another patient about billing and wasn't considered about Yeast infections when prescribed Antibiotics.
Manhattan Beach
Dr. Rispler sees you at every visit, so you get to know him quickly. He isn't a "warm and fuzzy" doctor, and for the most part he tells it like it is. If you ask questions he will answer them, but if you don't k ow what to ask you may leave a bit confused. His office hours are a little strange (he doesn't work on Wednesdays, and the office closes early on Friday). These hours (9-4:30) can make it a challenge to manage a work schedule with your doctor appointments.
This office [Innovative Fertility] is small, 2 nurses, 1 doctor, 1 embryologist, 1 girl at the front desk, 1 business manager and 1 financial coordinator. You see the exact same people every time you are in for an appointment, so they get to know you pretty rapidly.... Cost of one round of IVF was 9,500. Ultrasounds before hand were $250 each, we had 3. IUI cost was 2,000. Anesthesiologist =$350 they are doing a mock transfer for about $350 (not included in cost). I believe to freeze embryos is 600-800$ per year. Blood work is not included, genetic screening is 5,000 (not included).
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
1) Be prepared with questions 2) have things written down 3) get the nurses email addresses 4) expect him to work very conservatively-he is the "better safe than sorry" type rather than experimental
This office is small, 2 nurses, 1 doctor, 1 embryologist, 1 girl at the front desk, 1 business manager and 1 financial coordinator. You see the exact same people every time you are in for an appointment, so they get to know you pretty rapidly.
I had 2 iui clomid cycles that were unsuccessful. We tried IVF with another clinic unsuccessfully and are now working with this clinic again. I have used Gonal-f and menopur during my atom cycle. Dr. Rispler does not like to do fresh cycles so we are waiting for a FET. Additionally, without previous failures he is not open to transferring more than 1 embryo. FET will be preceded with Lupron.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Innovative Fertility Center.
Communication is pretty good, emailing for clarification is helpful to have things written down to go back to. Otherwise they give instructions verbally. They know who you are, their calls are on time and they are easy to get on the phone. The nurses are great with blood work which is helpful when they take blood multiple days in a row.
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
Strengths-small, conveniently located, personal, amazing anasthesiologist Weaknesses-hours are strange, sometimes there is long wait time before appointment, compared to other clinic we worked with the technology and facility are a bit dated and could use a refresher and deep cleaning (lots of files and boxes everywhere)
Even with our failed previous transfer, Dr. wants to only transfer 1 embryo. This decision is also apparently due to age (he considers us to be a young couple with "plenty of time").
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Innovative Fertility Center.
Details regarding meds were not clearly conveyed