6.9

Providing backup medication is not offered

3500 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
310-648-2229

The office [Innovative Fertility Center] was always clean and they offered my coffee, tea, etc while waiting. It's a relaxing environment and they usually have a romantic comedy playing in the waiting room which was a nice way to set the mood. After my testing or ultrasound, Dr. Rispler always sits down with us and his nurses to go over results/treatment plan to make sure we're all on the same page. I did have to do the HSG test at an outpatient radiology center.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
I could tell instantly Dr. Rispler has been doing this for a long time and has a thorough diagnostic process to figure out what the best course of treatment is. He coordinated well with my OB/GYN and reviewed my chart thoroughly. We are seeking treatment because of my husbands chemo treatments which had a high infertility rate. He was very compassionate towards us and made my husband feel comfortable and confident. He is a self-proclaimed "purist" and does encouraged a healthy diet with minimal medications or chemicals used on the body. I went to most of my ultrasounds by myself because my husband usually had to work. They were great about getting me in and I always felt comfortable with him, he would also have a nurse or female present during the ultrasound - very professional.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
He's brilliant, which may come across as quirky but I appreciated his bedside manner and it put me at ease. It can be overwhelming but I felt comfortable asking any question. His staff is great! Especially Carol in billing. She went above and beyond to help me with a claim that my insurance was denying and spent an hour on the phone with them to get it resolved.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Dr. Rispler took the time to sit down with us before starting the diagnostic testing process. He really heard our concerns and asked/answered any appropriate questions that we may not have thought to ask ourselves. We never felt rushed or pressured to do a specific treatment or within a certain timeframe. I felt like he really cared and wanted to help us through this process. I never waited long to see him during my scheduled appointments
Describe the protocols Mark Rispler used in your cycles at Innovative Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We have one healthy daughter (no fertility treatments) but since her birth, my husband underwent chemo treatment for stage 4 NH-Lymphoma where we were told it had a 85% infertility rate. So, after trying for 6 months we decided to see a specialist. Dr. Rispler wanted us to do blood work, seamen sample, day 3 cycle ultrasound, an ovulation ultrasound and the HSG test. We are still early in the process. So far our tests have looked good with no obvious reason for causing infertility. He suggested we continue trying naturally for 1-3 more months. If that didn't result in a pregnancy, then we would try fertility drugs, then IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Innovative Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Candace)
Candace was always personable and able to answer all my questions regarding appointments, insurance coverage, and procedures.
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
great convenient location. The office was always clean and they offered my coffee, tea, etc while waiting. It's a relaxing environment and they usually have a romantic comedy playing in the waiting room which was a nice way to set the mood. After my testing or ultrasound, Dr. Rispler always sits down with us and his nurses to go over results/treatment plan to make sure we're all on the same page. I did have to do the HSG test at an outpatient radiology center. I know some doctors offer that in their office but I didn't mind going to a place where they specialize in that procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center.
We have fertility coverage and he is in-network with blue shield. So, they would collect the co-pay for office visit, and $100 deposit for ultrasounds. If the bill was less than, they would refund or credit my account.
What specific things went wrong at Innovative Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Innovative Fertility Center.
I just had to call in to get the results of the HSG test, but Dr. Rispler did say, if you don't hear from us, please call on those results.

2008 - 2011, Successful
He [Dr. Mark Rispler] took the time to thoroughly explain what he felt was the best course of action and why, while at the same time listening to what I wanted and taking that into consideration as well. I felt like we were a team!...Dr. Rispler is a very kind and caring doctor...he recommended using Clomid simply because of my age, 38 at the time. I was concerned about having multiples and he agreed to start with unmedicated IUIs (I got pregnant after the 4th one). He also recommended having a fibroid removed that he found on my first ultrasound via hysteroscopy. I decided against it at first, not wanting to do anything invasive, but after the third failed IUI I asked him to remove it, and I got pregnant on the very next IUI!
The clinic [Innovative Fertility] is small, with Dr. Rispler being the only RE there, and I felt like that was a bonus, with a lot of personal attention from Dr. Rispler himself. The staff (aside from the nurse) were all very pleasant and it looked like they enjoyed working there. I was very pleased with my care there...the nurse misinformed me about the insurance situation, saying the clinic did not take my insurance, when they did.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Dr. Rispler is very knowledgeable about fertility issues and I felt I could trust his judgment. However, he was willing to take into consideration my wants and needs when they differed from his recommendations. For example, he recommended using Clomid simply because of my age, 38 at the time. I was concerned about having multiples and he agreed to start with unmedicated IUIs (I got pregnant after the 4th one). He also recommended having a fibroid removed that he found on my first ultrasound via hysteroscopy. I decided against it at first, not wanting to do anything invasive, but after the third failed IUI I asked him to remove it, and I got pregnant on the very next IUI!
Listen to his recommendations, but also advocate for yourself.
Dr. Rispler is a very kind and caring doctor. He took the time to thoroughly explain what he felt was the best course of action and why, while at the same time listening to what I wanted and taking that into consideration as well. I felt like we were a team!
Unmedicated IUIs with trigger shot on the first and last (successful) IUI, along with ultrasound monitoring with every IUI. I requested and received a prescription for progesterone supplementation after every IUI as I had a borderline low progesterone level.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Innovative Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
I did not care for the nurse at the time, who I believe no longer works there. She was cold and misinformed, telling me that my insurance was not taken at the clinic, when it fact it was, and all I needed to do was switch medical groups.
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
The clinic is small, with Dr. Rispler being the only RE there, and I felt like that was a bonus, with a lot of personal attention from Dr. Rispler himself. The staff (aside from the nurse) were all very pleasant and it looked like they enjoyed working there. I was very pleased with my care there.
I believe $100 per ultrasound and $200 per IUI.
Describe Mark Rispler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Innovative Fertility Center.
What specific things went wrong at Innovative Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Innovative Fertility Center.
As stated previously, the nurse misinformed me about the insurance situation, saying the clinic did not take my insurance, when they did.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr.Rispler made me feel like he was on the journey with us. During our unsuccessful cycle, he called and reassured us. When we had a successful cycle, he celebrated with us. I felt like he was always honest with us, but made sure even his hard facts felt positive. He was warm and kind throughout all of our trials and tribulations! ... His dedication to his patients and devotion to supporting couples through the IVF process is amazing.
The clinic [Innovative Fertility Center] is open 6-7 days a week. The clinic is warm and inviting: It’s a one stop shop! Everything will be done at the clinic! ... The entire [nursing] team is amazing! Theresa and Angela were supportive, organized and sympathetic. I couldn’t have asked for a better team! ... You are given a calendar that outlines all procedures, dosages and visits. Drugs are ordered dependent on your own needs.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Dr.Rispler was attentive, supportive and honest. Although we went through a difficult cycle, he was optimistic and reassuring when we had given up ourselves. His dedication to his patients and devotion to supporting couples through the IVF process is amazing.
Dr. Rispler is very attentive so don’t be frustrated if his appointments are behind schedule. Even if your appoinmtment is late, you will get the same one-on-one attention all his patients do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Innovative Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Angela and Theresa )
The entire team is amazing! Theresa and Angela were supportive, organized and sympathetic. I couldn’t have asked for a better team!
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
Parking is currently horrible, but a new lot is being built in the next 3 months! The clinic is open 6-7 days a week. The clinic is warm and inviting: It’s a one stop shop! Everything will be done at the clinic! It’s located next to a Susie Cakes, so good or bad news...... but yourself a cupcake!
I don’t remember the total. It’s brol n down into payments per sections of the cycle. Example- egg retrieval= $, Implantation=$
Manhattan Beach

Dr. Rispler was kind, compassionate and very knowledgeable. He takes his time to answer any and all the questions I had. I felt I was in good hands every step of the way. What I appreciated the most about him was he did not sugar coat anything so I knew what to expect each step of the way. ... Dr. Rispler and his staff [Innovative Fert Ctr] were all very kind and very helpful. This journey is not easy and we couldn’t have done it will all their help.
Clinic [Innovative Fert Ctr] is clean. All staff that works there is very friendly and easygoing. The staff all works as a team and if they don’t know an answer they will find one in a timely manner. Allow yourself 15-20 minutes to find parking. The parking area is shared with restaurants and a mall. ... Daysi was amazing. She went above and beyond for my husband I. Any question we had we called her and get a response in a timely manner. She walked us through every step of the way.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Ask questions and don’t leave without a clear understanding of next steps or what to expect.
Dr. Rispler and his staff were all very kind and very helpful. This journey is not easy and we couldn’t have done it will all their help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Innovative Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Daysi)
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
Clinic is clean. All staff that works there is very friendly and easygoing. The staff all works as a team and if they don’t know an answer they will find one in a timely manner. Allow yourself 15-20 minutes to find parking. The parking area is shared with restaurants and a mall.
We paid $9,200 for the retrieval, $3,500 for medication, $250 ultrasounds, PGS $500, transfer 3,700 , transfer medication 1,500 and about 600 for other testing
2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Sweet soft spoken, compassionate, informative, does his [Dr. Rispler] research, approachable with questions and unusual requests. Always felt cared for and listened to. He’d call me ... to check in following any bad news, which I appreciated...After 1st IUI and tests we knew I was a low responder, so tried HGH which boosted by egg count but not by much- I was 43/44 yrs old, so low egg quality.
[Innovative Fertility] Great location in Manhattan beach w easy parking, cute decor, they play chick flicks and rom coms in the lobby which was funny. Nothing notable re the exam rooms or nurse stations. Surgery room was adjacent for extractions which was convenient...[nursing staff] Sweet, easy to talk to, they really got to know me, friendly, approachable, offered to help when they didn’t have to
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
Sweet soft spoken, compassionate, informative, does his research, approachable with questions and unusual requests. Always felt cared for and listened to. He’d call me Judy to check in following any bad news, which I appreciated
If you don’t understand what he’s saying, ask him to explain it another way until you fully understand
Very keep nd staff, always answered questions, made room for me, went above and beyond supporting me
After 1st IUI and tests we knew I was a low responder, so tried HGH which boosted by egg count but not by much- I was 43/44 yrs old, so low egg quality. I did various progesterone methods to help carry my egg once put back in me (vagival suppositories in addition to shots).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Innovative Fertility Center.
I think $6k-$8k all in for each cycle - insurance covered the rest
He was cautious about multiple transferred and was very clear of the consequences

2021, Successful
[Dr. Mark Rispler is] very candid and always took the time to follow up after performing treatments...answered all questions with detailed explanations...provided more than enough information, even when questions weren't asked...I completed 3 rounds of IUI with the third round being successful and I'm actively pregnant with twins...Protocol used for all three IUIs were the same.
Very small clinic [Innovative Fertility Center] and never seemed overly busy, which made scheduled appointments very fast (so easy to schedule over a lunch break). Because it's a small clinic you'll become pretty familiar with all of the staff...[nurses were] Very welcoming and always available to answer questions. They were very accommodating when scheduling appointments and made the appointments go by fast.
How was your experience with Mark Rispler at Innovative Fertility Center?
He's very candid and always took the time to follow up after performing treatments. He always answered all questions with detailed explanations. I appreciated his honesty when deciding the course of treatment.
Always go to appointments with questions written down you want to ask.
He was very candid about my treatments and always provided more than enough information, even when questions weren't asked.
For IUI - first visit was always done on CD 1 to 3 and then started on Clomid. Follow up a week later to check follicles and determine when to do Ovidrel injection. 48 hours following trigger shot, went back for IUI. Started Progesterone 50mg suppositories the follow day, everyday until pregnancy test. When my tests were negative, stopped suppositories. I completed 3 rounds of IUI with the third round being successful and I'm actively pregnant with twins. I continued Progesterone suppositories until approximately week 10 of pregnancy. Protocol used for all three IUIs were the same.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Innovative Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Daysy)
Describe your experience with Innovative Fertility Center.
Very small clinic and never seemed overly busy, which made scheduled appointments very fast (so easy to schedule over a lunch break). Because it's a small clinic you'll become pretty familiar with all of the staff. Unfortunately, due to COVID they weren't allowing any support person/significant others into the clinic for appointments.