Genetic counseling: Offered
100 Walnut Ave
Clark, NJ 07066
(973) 322–8286
East Windsor
300-B Princeton Hightstown Rd.
East Windsor, NJ 08520
Westfield
560 Springfield Ave
Westfield, NJ 07090
(973) 322–8290
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas to a friend?

2019 - 2020
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
If you would like her [Dr. Hessler] to do the procedures she might be able to schedule it so that she is the covering DR when the time comes...has made herself available by phone/email even on days off if need be...My husband and i wanted to start conservatively, so we first started tracking my ovulation with the drs office, we later started Femara and Ovidrel, and moved onto two double IUIs with Femara and Ovidrel. We are now saving for IVF...With male factor and PCOS i think she explained our situation to us very clearly. I do wish i got to touch base with her before the cycle to know what was ahead when we switched from Ovulation tracking to IUI. It was hard to know what was next if i hadn't gone out of my way to educate myself or made a point to ask the nurse. With the deadlines in each treatment i could have missed a cycle.
Im happy driving further to the Clark office [of Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science Barnabas] because they are so on top of everything, they know me by name, and they are clear with their directions and answers no matter how often i ask questions...Alicia is the best admin i think i have every come into contact with. She goes out of her way to answer all your questions as quickly as possible and it seems like your the only patient in the office ( your not its a huge office lol). The nursing staff is amazing, they are available to you via phone and email and answer any and all questions you have as quickly as they can. The phlebotomists at this office could be better. While theyre incredibly nice they often cant find my vein and im left with bruises.
2019 - 2020
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Hessler did a great job breaking down our diagnosis and plan for treatment. While it may have taken a while to talk to her on the phone at times we still got through when we needed to. With male factor and PCOS i think she explained our situation to us very clearly. I do wish i got to touch base with her before the cycle to know what was ahead when we switched from Ovulation tracking to IUI. It was hard to know what was next if i hadn't gone out of my way to educate myself or made a point to ask the nurse. With the deadlines in each treatment i could have missed a cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Ask questions, reach out to her if your not clear on something. She will take the time to walk you through it. If you would like her to do the procedures she might be able to schedule it so that she is the covering DR when the time comes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
While the doctors rotate in this large clinic, i spent most of my time in the clark office where i know everyone by name and they know mine. Dr. Hessler has made herself available by phone/email even on days off if need be.
Describe the protocols Sarah C. Hessler used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer G.)
When i picked the office i knew that i would be dealing with the nurse and staff more than the Dr. So i went out of my way to look for reviews that spoke of the overall office. Im happy driving further to the Clark office because they are so on top of everything, they know me by name, and they are clear with their directions and answers no matter how often i ask questions.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Honestly my costs are high but that is because of my health insurance. Im sure the clinics prices are higher because of its location as my sister paid less for IUI in NC .
Describe Sarah C. Hessler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I believe this clinic does Single Embryo Transfers.
Clark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.

4 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Dr. Hessler has great bedside manner and her nurse Jennifer Giordano is truly out of this world fantastic!...I felt fully heard and listened to. She took her time walking me through her recommendations, I never felt rushed while in her presence. She has a great sense of humor and great disposition overall....Dr. Hessler added Prednisone, Lovenox, baby aspirin and ultimately Neupogen to the protocol pre-transfer and into the pregnancy. So far, I am almost 4 weeks and counting.
Monitoring at IRMS Clark is a well oiled machine. They really do get patients in and out in a timely manner regardless of how busy they get.... IRMS' strengths are the multiple locations, the efficiency of the staff (they get you in and out), that all of the doctors are women and they run a well oiled machine in terms of communication, appointments, etc. They're spread throughout so most people can find a location that works for them and you can visit different locations based on schedule changes if needed.
4 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
As previously discussed, Dr. Hessler has great bedside manner, I felt fully heard and listened to. She took her time walking me through her recommendations, I never felt rushed while in her presence. She has a great sense of humor and great disposition overall.
Feel free and empowered to ask your questions. If you don't understand something ask the questions. She's also great via email as well.
I met with Dr. Hessler after previously working with Serena Chen. I wanted a difference experience and felt like Dr. Hessler was more empathetic in her dealings with me whereas Dr. Chen was more matter of fact. I was also armed with a second opinion so I came into the conversation better prepared to discuss what I thought was at play with prior unsuccessful cycles. Dr. Hessler has great bedside manner and her nurse Jennifer Giordano is truly out of this world fantastic! She was the big difference maker for me even beyond Dr. Hessler because there is simply more contact with the nursing staff than even the doctors.
I'd gotten a second opinion which diagnosed endometriosis, PCOS and insulin-resistance. Per the protocol recommended by the second opinion, Dr. Hessler added Prednisone, Lovenox, baby aspirin and ultimately Neupogen to the protocol pre-transfer and into the pregnancy. So far, I am almost 4 weeks and counting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Giordano)
Jennifer Giordano is the best nurse I have ever encountered in my life. She goes above and beyond for her patients, is incredibly responsive, takes care of the big and small details and follow-ups were always on point. She is the distinguishing factor for the IRMS experience in my opinion. It was an absolute pleasure interacting and engaging with her and she made the experience so much smoother than it would've been but for her diligence and attention to detail.
IRMS' strengths are the multiple locations, the efficiency of the staff (they get you in and out), that all of the doctors are women and they run a well oiled machine in terms of communication, appointments, etc. They're spread throughout so most people can find a location that works for them and you can visit different locations based on schedule changes if needed. This was particularly helpful in the monitoring phases.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Insurance covered the bulk of the cycles but I had my deductible ($2700) and co-insurance. For each cycle, I paid btwn 3000-4000 out of pocket for genetic testing, deductible and co-insurance payments.
IRMS strongly favors single transfers advising that multiple embryo transfer increased the risk of failure and complications. I was in agreement that the goal was to have a safe and successful pregnancy and opted for single embryo transfer.

2017 - 2019
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Hessler looks me in the eyes, shows compassion and will tell you everything that’s going on as it’s happening. She explains it all, and in such a way that you don’t feel broken about yourself afterward... We haven’t started our cycle yet (when I met with her for the first time it was to determine the issue, and then correcting it with surgery)....I had asked about multiple embryo transfer, but dr. Hessler explained to us that due to my age (27) that she believed we would have a successful cycle using just one embryo and that ultimately it is safer for me and for our potential baby.
You’re comfortable when you walk in [Institute for Repro Med & Science], I think that’s all you can ask for in this type of environment. It doesn’t feel like you’re in a clinic. I haven’t come across anything I would view as a weakness....[Cost of Treatment] Estimated 14,000 to start $1000 retrieval $600 anesthesia $1000 transfer plus cost of meds... I email constantly and always get a response very quickly as if I was their only patient....Dr. Hessler looks me in the eyes, shows compassion and will tell you everything that’s going on as it’s happening.
2017 - 2019
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
I was so afraid to step foot into that office for the first time not knowing what to expect. I left with my heart feeling full of possibility. I know that she is going to do everything to make me a mom, she is such a kind woman, and a compassionate doctor. I am grateful that she is my first experience with infertility. Couldn’t ask for better
To walk in knowing you’re going to be getting the best treatment. Skepticism isn’t needed because she’s instantly trustworthy
We haven’t started our cycle yet (when I met with her for the first time it was to determine the issue, and then correcting it with surgery). Then my husband and I were going to see her again after our wedding. We were scheduled to start our first cycle on April 18, but due to insufficient funds needed to push it back to September 2019! Still saving!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
You’re comfortable when you walk in, I think that’s all you can ask for in this type of environment. It doesn’t feel like you’re in a clinic. I haven’t come across anything I would view as a weakness.

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Thompson is compassionate and has a great bedside manner. She was a wonderful advocate in dealing with my insurance company to cover treatments. All of the pros and cons of our procedures were given to us in a way we could easily digest. We have not conceived as of yet but will certainly stick with Dr. Thompson...Dr. Thompson decided against a fresh transfer because I was at high risk of OHSS due to the number of follicles retrieved. We ultimately had a frozen transfer cycle with the one embryo which resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Monitoring appointments [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] are early from 630am-8am. Weekday monitoring is swift. Weekends take a bit longer because there is only one clinic used for all of the patients...All of the doctors in the practice are women. I've had encounters with all the doctors on staff and each one has an impeccable bedside manner. The nursing staff is friendly and I've formed great relationships with many of them. Weekend monitoring is crowded and takes some time so be prepared to wait a little.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Thompson is compassionate and has a great bedside manner. She was a wonderful advocate in dealing with my insurance company to cover treatments. All of the pros and cons of our procedures were given to us in a way we could easily digest. We have not conceived as of yet but will certainly stick with Dr. Thompson and the IRMS staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Ask any and all questions that come to mind. I would encourage you to make a list. I would also add, be patient with the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Thompson gave a personal touch to her treatment plan.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Thompson used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
First IVF cycle: Dr. Thompson used 300uI Gonal-F/150uI Menopur (Trigger 5000 HCG). The rationale used for this dosage was due to me only having one ovary. 19 eggs were retrieved of which only one was mature. The mature egg was fertilized using ICSI. Dr. Thompson decided against a fresh transfer because I was at high risk of OHSS due to the number of follicles retrieved. We ultimately had a frozen transfer cycle with the one embryo which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Second IVF cycle: 225 Gonal-F/75 Menopur (Trigger 10000 HCG). Stimmed additional 2 days to increase the number of mature eggs retrieved. 11 eggs retrieved, 2 mature fertilized with ICSI. NGS testing on Day 5 embryos resulted in one genetically sound embryo for transfer. Frozen transfer cycle resulted in negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim Neilley)
Kim is thorough and always great with communicating next steps.
IRMS is a wonderful practice to receive care. All of the doctors in the practice are women. I've had encounters with all the doctors on staff and each one has an impeccable bedside manner. The nursing staff is friendly and I've formed great relationships with many of them. Weekend monitoring is crowded and takes some time so be prepared to wait a little.
Monitoring appointments are early from 630am-8am. Weekday monitoring is swift. Weekends take a bit longer because there is only one clinic used for all of the patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Most of my care was covered by insurance with the exception of ICSI and genetic testing. Those items were out of pocket. The costs associated with each are listed on their website.
Describe Stephanie Thompson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
i only had one embryo available each cycle so I do not have experience with her approach on multiple embryo transfer.
Stephanie Thompson
Clark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Chen was quite busy most days, sometimes arriving a little late or cutting our visits a little short. But I believe that was due to her being the director at the facility. But she has a good knowledge base and always remained positive during the 3 years I was under her care.... he’s also available via phone or email to answer questions or concerns. There were many of times that I called her clarity and she was very helpful. But you should also know, while she’s your main doctor, you likely will not get her for your retrieval or transfer, as that’s based on the rotating schedule they have between the doctors at IRMS.
IRMS is a machine. The waiting room at the Livingston office can be intimidating as you may feel like a number until you have one on ones with your nurse/doctor. During my second retrieval, they’d updated their website to allow you to track your progress during the cycles and notated all of the information on the site regarding your progesterone, estrogen, and beta levels. It was good to have that information readily available at your fingertips.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
If you can’t have a face to face meeting with Dr. Chen, know that she’s also available via phone or email to answer questions or concerns. There were many of times that I called her clarity and she was very helpful. But you should also know, while she’s your main doctor, you likely will not get her for your retrieval or transfer, as that’s based on the rotating schedule they have between the doctors at IRMS. So if you want to be seen by her exclusively, that will be tough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
While the IRMS clinic seemed to be a machine with respect to the patients, the doctor listened to my concerns, provided recommendations that get “better” results during the second retrieval, and she remained highly positive (while I struggled to believe) that we would have a baby under her care.
Describe the protocols Serena Chen used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
My first egg retrieval yielded 9 eggs and for my age at the time that seemed low. During the next cycle, the doctor and nursers provided recommendations to possibly boost egg quality to get better results. While my injectables remained the same, I also took dhea and cq10 for a few months before my second cycle to potentially yeild better egg quality. It was also recommended that I utilize acupuncture, which I did.
The nursing staff was great! As a type A person, I needed to know the status of things at all times and they were very accommodating to my requests and needs. No question or concern was ever too small or silly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Through the 3 IUIs, 2 egg retrieval’s, and 3 transfers, he cost was approximately $25,000 (inclusive of meds)
Serena Chen
Clark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.

2011 - 2012
Dr. Cekleniak is one of the most caring people I have ever met. She honestly took the time to listen to everything my husband and I were feeling. She explained every step of the process and made sure we felt comfortable with the plan of action. Anytime we had a question she answered it and made sure that understood what was going on.... She is very nurturing and care. If you are looking for an aggressive doctor who only has to be goal, she isn’t for you. She takes care of you as a whole person, emotionally and physically.
I wish that they [IRMS-Clark] opened earlier. Otherwise they were great. The staff was always friendly and everything was clean. I thought the fact that they have multiple offices was great, so depending on work it was very easy to change offices.... I was not a fan of my nurse. I felt kind of lost in the shuffle. I actually changed offices and began to go to the Livingston location to get a different nurse.
2011 - 2012
How was your experience with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
The staff always addresses me by name and knew where I was in the cycle. When I had a negative pregnancy test the nurse was so supportive on the phone and always offered to have Dr. Cekleniak call me if I had any questions.
Describe the protocols Natalie A. Cekleniak used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I did 3 Clomid IUI cycles (per my insurance); 3 Follistim IUI cycles; then got pregnant on my first IVF cycle. I used Follistim and Menopur.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Malinconico )
I wish that they opened earlier. Otherwise they were great. The staff was always friendly and everything was clean. I thought the fact that they have multiple offices was great, so depending on work it was very easy to change offices.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I had really good insurance so I had a $10 co pay for MD visits and morning monitoring. Co pay for the medications.
Describe Natalie A. Cekleniak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Not applicable to my experience.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I had lab results come in and no one called me. I had to call the office after I had them also mailed to my house from LabCorp.
Clark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.

Sarah Hessler is amazing. She is very welled mannered. She takes her time with you and your spouse. She discusses everything that has to be done and every worry that is brought up. She responses quickly to me through email or her receptionist.... She understand if an appointment is missed or something came up and will adjust the treatment as necessary. I hope to be having the best results with her! Prayers for 2019
They [Institute for Repro Med & Science at Saint Barnabas] all work as a team with the patient and they take the time out for each patient. The clinic is clean and is set up to fit the patients needs. They are very organized and responsible. The clinic always calls with reminder or rescheduling and they make sure that everything is convenient for you.... Sarah Hessler looks at my case and explain very throughly what needs to be done. She is understanding if an appointment or blood work is missed.
Sarah Hessler is amazing. She is very welled mannered. She takes her time with you and your spouse. She discusses everything that has to be done and every worry that is brought up. She responses quickly to me through email or her receptionist. She is the best doctor I have seen and I can’t wait to move forward. She understand if an appointment is missed or something came up and will adjust the treatment as necessary. I hope to be having the best results with her! Prayers for 2019
Listen to what she has to say. Her opinion might make the biggest difference.
Sarah Hessler looks at my case and explain very throughly what needs to be done. She is understanding if an appointment or blood work is missed. She responds quickly and reassures you of everything. I am happy with her and I can’t wait to keep going. Prayers to iui hopefully end of year
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Always calls with results and put them on portal.
They all work as a team with the patient and they take the time out for each patient. The clinic is clean and is set up to fit the patients needs. They are very organized and responsible. The clinic always calls with reminder or rescheduling and they make sure that everything is convenient for you.
For iui I only have a 30 dollar copay for each visit and ivf would cost 15000 dollars

2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr. Keegan made me feel like I was her only patient during any consults, appointments and procedures. She was upfront with details and answered every question I had with an accurate answer that was not sugar coated (which I appreciated). Her enthusiasm is unmatched when compared to other MD's I have seen in different specialties...
There were a few mornings I showed up [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science] for monitoring and my nurse had not entered in the appointment ahead of time. The office staff and on site nurse at all those times were phenomenal and resolved the issues within minutes...The lab techs and administrative staff were all very friendly and empathetic towards all patients. They seemed to have good repoir with all patients
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Write down questions you have ahead of time that you want to be sure are answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Keegan made me feel like I was her only patient during all consults, phone calls and procedures. When communicating with my nurse, I felt more like a number
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jenn M)
My nurse was very sweet and compassionate, just was unorganized at times during phone calls. She was also very quick during many phone calls which made me feel like a number
There were a few mornings I showed up for monitoring and my nurse had not entered in the appointment ahead of time. The office staff and on site nurse at all those times were phenomenal and resolved the issues within minutes.
Clark
She [Dr. Hessler] wrote/drew notes of everything we discussed and made a copy so we can review and disseminate at home. She was always honest and funny. She took the edge off of a tense situation. I was well aware of my chances and outcomes... Everything was explained in a considerable and easy to understand manor. She was always available for questions and the staff was wonderful
Early morning monitor hours so I was never late to work. The main weekend offices [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science] were easily accessible. The nurses were always encouraging and gentle. My instructions were always available before 3 pm... Everything was explained in a considerable and easy to understand manor. She was always available for questions and the staff was wonderful
She wrote/drew notes of everything we discussed and made a copy so we can review and disseminate at home. She was always honest and funny. She took the edge off of a tense situation. I was well aware of my chances and outcomes
Have a sense of humor
Gonal F and Menopur. Cetrotide and then Novarel as the trigger shot
Early morning monitor hours so I was never late to work. The main weekend offices were easily accessible. The nurses were always encouraging and gentle. My instructions were always available before 3 pm
Clark

She [Dr. Hessler] was very friendly and easy to talk to. I was happy with her care, but it is a large clinic so I never had her doing any of my actual procedures. I also was not happy with the way that the news of my miscarriage was delivered to me. ... When i miscarried, I found out through the patient portal. I then could not get in touch with a nurse or doctor for 3 hours and the doctor still did not contact me for a few days. It was very upsetting and I did not understand what was happening.
In Clark it [monitoring appointments] was very easy. When I had to go to Livingston on the weekends, it was more hectic and annoying. ... Too big, don't hear from or see the actual doctor a lot. Nurses are very friendly and helpful and always greeted you by name and knew each patient. ... When i miscarried, I found out through the patient portal. I then could not get in touch with a nurse or doctor for 3 hours and the doctor still did not contact me for a few days.
She was very friendly and easy to talk to. I was happy with her care, but it is a large clinic so I never had her doing any of my actual procedures. I also was not happy with the way that the news of my miscarriage was delivered to me.
Be prepared for things to change.
Did 3 IUIs with letrozole, followed by 1 with Gonal-F and then IVF with Gonal-F and Menopur. It felts like every step of the way a new hurdle was discovered which was very frustrating.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
They were great!
Too big, don't hear from or see the actual doctor a lot. Nurses are very friendly and helpful and always greeted you by name and knew each patient. Why does this have to be 200 characters? I am literally writing just to take up characters to go to the next question. I think this character limit is stupid.
In Clark it was very easy. When I had to go to Livingston on the weekends, it was more hectic and annoying.
$12,000 for IVF with $1,000 on day of retrieval and $600 on day of transfer. IUIs were $600
Clark

Dr. Mann and her staff made my wife and I feel like we were a team and a family. She always took time to answer questions, make sure we knew what was going on, express her professional opinions, and provide encouragement and positivity...was incredible during the whole IVF process. She always took time to answer questions, clarify things, explain the process and next steps, and was always a source of love, compassion, and encouragement even during the tough times.
Denise nurse [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] treated my wife and I like family. She always took time to answer questions and was a compassionate, positive, and loving person...Lovely atmosphere and great staff . As patients, staff made you feel like you were part of a team and a family. I absolutely would recommend clinic and Dr. Mann to anyone without hesitation or reservation...
How was your experience with Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Mann was incredible during the whole IVF process. She always took time to answer questions, clarify things, explain the process and next steps, and was always a source of love, compassion, and encouragement even during the tough times.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Don’t hesitate to Ask questions and make sure you have an understanding of what is going on. You will absolutely love her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Describe the protocols Jessica Salas Mann used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Denise N)
Denise treated my wife and I like family. She always took time to answer questions and was a compassionate, positive, and loving person.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Not sure
Describe Jessica Salas Mann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Jessica Salas Mann
Clark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.

Dr. Keegan is fantastic. Knowledgeable, up-to-date with current research, flexible, does not give up and has excellent bedside manner. I could not imagine not going through this "journey" without her. I trust her fully and knows she has our best interests at heart.... She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and understands what an emotional and financial burden infertility is. She speaks to you as a regular person, not some lab experiment. Although we have not been successful yet, I am so grateful to be in Dr. Keegas's care and remain hopeful.
IRMS East Windsor responds very quickly to any questions - whether via email or phone. Also, the staff if very willing to help with the documentation (Jenn M) and finances (Susan). I don't ever feel rushed out of there even though the office is very busy. Margo at the front desk has a wonderful demeanor sets the mood in the waiting room. The clinic is very sensitive to the patient needs and emotions.... Bloodwork and Ultrasounds are done between 6-8am
Dr. Keegan is fantastic. Knowledgeable, up-to-date with current research, flexible, does not give up and has excellent bedside manner. I could not imagine not going through this "journey" without her. I trust her fully and knows she has our best interests at heart. With her by our side, we have not lost hope in having a family and believe it will happen soon for us.
Just because IRMS is not RMA, CCRM, Cornell, etc. does not mean Dr. Keegan isn't one of the best in her field. Go to her, she listens and wants to truly help. IRMS East Windsor isn't a mill, you will be taken seriously and treated well.
Dr. Keegan is a god send. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and understands what an emotional and financial burden infertility is. She speaks to you as a regular person, not some lab experiment. Although we have not been successful yet, I am so grateful to be in Dr. Keegas's care and remain hopeful. The staff at East Windsor is also amazing. They take care of you and try provide any help you may need along the way.
Describe the protocols Debbra A. Keegan used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
1. Antagonist: only 4 eggs, 1 embryo and it tested PGS abnormal. Determined I was a poor responder. 2. Microdose lupron flare protocol: 10 eggs, 3 embryos for PGS testing: 2 abnormal 1 mosaic. Better response. 3. Microdose lupron flare protocol: 8 eggs, 2 embryos for PGS testing, both abnormal. Suspect egg quality as I am 37. 4. About to start an estrogen priming protocol followed with microdose lupron flare with HGH. Estrogen and HGH to help with egg quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Malinconico)
Jenn Maliconico is compassionate and a great communicator. She has helped me understand all my test results, the cycle calendar (each time), has been an ear for all my concerns and doubts and each time offered condolences each time the cycle hasn't worked. Jenn has found donated medicine for me as paying OOP is a MAJOR concern. I am so grateful that she is my nurse coordinator. Kelly, the clinical assistant, always greets me with a smile and puts me in a good mood. Sara, the ultrasound tech, is always pleasure as well. Gentle, quick and down to earth. Great group of people to see when going through the IVF rollercoaster.
Bloodwork and Ultrasounds are done between 6-8am, first come first serve. Very quick and everyone is pleasant in the morning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Monitoring was billed to insurance, drugs from Schrafts are OOP between 3500-7000 each cycle, cycle costs range from 4500-12000 OOP, egg retrieval 1000 each time to the Surgical Center, CooperGenomics ~$350 per embryo tested, embryo transfer 1000.
Describe Debbra A. Keegan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Dr. Keegan is all about single embryo transfer. If we ever get that far, I will ask for multiple transfer as I am concerned about keeping embryos on ice for years and having issues later with implantation should I be 40+.
East Windsor

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.

2013 - 2017
She [Dr. Keegan] is to the point, positive and does not beat around the bush. She will give you her honest opinion and has the patients best interest in mind at all times. She is easy to talk to and very easy to reach which to me was very important during the stressful days and process of fertility treatments...Dr Keegan did all of the required testing of myself and my husband before any treatment was started. She then gave us a diagnosis with a positive outlook and started with the least invasive procedure first.
The strengths are the ease of the process. There are early morning monitoring hours which work with an early work schedule. The staff [at IRMS] is friendly and never makes you feel silly for calling with any sort of questions. Infertility is a stressful difficult thing to go through and having a sensitive compassionate team on your side is very important and this office is definitely both of those things. I highly recommend!...Relax atmosphere and great us techs and blood work team who were skilled at the job
2013 - 2017
Awesome! She is to the point, positive and does not beat around the bush. She will give you her honest opinion and has the patients best interest in mind at all times. She is easy to talk to and very easy to reach which to me was very important during the stressful days and process of fertility treatments.
Ask questions she will give you her expert opinion. Make sure to explain your goals and needs
Easy to talk to, helpful and informative always made contacting her easy and spoke to us in a way that made us feel better about the situation and that she could help us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer malliciano )
Awesome!! Great staff, easy to get ahold of very organized and compassionate
The strengths are the ease of the process. There are early morning monitoring hours which work with an early work schedule. The staff is friendly and never makes you feel silly for calling with any sort of questions. Infertility is a stressful difficult thing to go through and having a sensitive compassionate team on your side is very important and this office is definitely both of those things. I highly recommend!
Easy and convenient. Relax atmosphere and great us techs and blood work team who were skilled at the job
Some was covered by insurance
I had asked for two embryos to be transferred and dr Keegan advised me against it to avoid a high risk pregnancy
East Windsor

When I first came to Dr. Keegan I was very nervous, as well as emotional, and she put me at ease instantly. She made me laugh when I was ready to cry, and when she couldn't make me smile she let me cry on her shoulder. I broke down more than once in her office, and she never made me feel silly or out of line. She's wonderful...When talking to Dr. Keegan, she focuses on you 100%. Constant eye contact, watches out for signs that you're not comprehending or getting overwhelmed, and makes you feel certain that her diagnosis and suggested treatment plan are unique to you and your partner. She's both smart about her field, and a genuinely warm-hearted person who is invested in her patient's success and well-being...
The entire staff of nurses [at Institute for Repro Med & Science at Saint Barnabas - East Windsor] and even administrative assistant are all fantastic. They're kind, polite, timely, and supportive...Clean, friendly atmosphere with free coffee and water while you wait...For my first child we did several failed rounds of just clomid, then ultimately two clomid+IUI cycles with the second being successful. By the end I was up to the maximum dosage of clomid allowed. With my second we did 1 clomid+IUI round, and 2 clomid-only rounds (again, all 3 at the highest dosage of clomid allowed, since we knew that's what it took for my first child)...
If you're looking for a smart, savvy doctor who is kind but tells it like it is and doesn't make you wonder if she's telling you the whole truth, Dr. Keegan is right for you.
The entire staff of nurses and even administrative assistant are all fantastic. They're kind, polite, timely, and supportive.
Clean, friendly atmosphere with free coffee and water while you wait.
I have a lifetime $10,000 fertility treatment budget under my Cigna Open Access Plus insurance (with an HRA), and so I never paid anything out of pocket for my treatment.
East Windsor

Debbra [Dr. Keegan] was very open and honest while still being kind and friendly. She asked about our lives and commented on what was beneficial to our journey. She was on time and spent our entire 3 hour consultation with us. I explained concerns and she explained why they probably wouldn't be an issue but offered to conduct the tests to comfort my mind.
The clinic [IRMS] was small. Dr. Keegan was the only doctor there with only a handful of nurses. This made us feel more comfortable than if we went to a large office. We went to their other location once and it was very large which was overwhelming. We would definitely recommend the East Windsor location over the Livingston location.... There were only a handful of nurses in the office by every single one was excellent.
Debbra was very open and honest while still being kind and friendly. She asked about our lives and commented on what was beneficial to our journey. She was on time and spent our entire 3 hour consultation with us. I explained concerns and she explained why they probably wouldn't be an issue but offered to conduct the tests to comfort my mind.
Be very honest and ask any questions you have in person.
She got to know us the first time meeting us. Everyone in the office was extremely kind and caring.
The plan was to use IVF with ICSI to achieve pregnancy but due to my insurance we couldn't start there. With our MFI it was unlikely that anything else would work. We ended up becoming pregnant while still going through testing.
There were only a handful of nurses in the office by every single one was excellent. They all knew our names and were comfortable calling us to discuss what needed to be discussed. They made us feel welcomed and comfortable.
The clinic was small. Dr. Keegan was the only doctor there with only a handful of nurses. This made us feel more comfortable than if we went to a large office. We went to their other location once and it was very large which was overwhelming. We would definitely recommend the East Windsor location over the Livingston location.

Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Keegan goes above and beyond for us. She is incredible and always accessible when we need her. She even helped us fight insurance. She's a gem.... The office, while part of a larger group off offices, is very small. Dr. Keegan is the only doctor at that office and she knows all her patients personally. Whenever we meet with her, she answers all our questions thoroughly and ensures we have a full understanding of what is going on and what is coming down the line.
They [Inst for Repro Med & Science] are organized, offer good hours, are compassionate and very clean! The front desk staff are just as much a part of the treatment process as the nursing staff, and they know you personally, which really helps to feel like you're not just a number.... The office, while part of a larger group off offices, is very small. Dr. Keegan is the only doctor at that office and she knows all her patients personally.
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Ask lots of questions if you have them, she gives great advice, anecdotes and examples to help you better understand your issues.
They are organized, offer good hours, are compassionate and very clean! The front desk staff are just as much a part of the treatment process as the nursing staff, and they know you personally, which really helps to feel like you're not just a number.
EXTREMELY efficient and well run!
We haven't gotten to the transfer stage yet but, from what I understand, she and the other doctors within the team believe a eSET is the safest and healthiest approach.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Very good doctor [Dr. Keegan], decided to "start over with our journey as requested. Didnt try to go right for IVF like other Dr. did. Warm and Friendly personality while being blunt and to the point....She know hes [husband] uninsured. So she set it up where his Sperm Count was free, even the second time at a diffrent office. Also set up where he got a huge discount on Blood work....I dont think this office [IRMS] has any real weakness.
I dont think this office [IRMS] has any real weakness. only issue my husband had is the room for sperm collection. He wishs they would have sent him straight to the testing lab to give a sample there. He think them having to driving it from cental NJ to North Jersey may have had a impact on his results...[Nursing staff] Vert friendly and dedicated to helping any way they can...250 inital consult. still going through testing so dont have final amount
Black or African-American, Native American
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
My husband is a DJ who has not been booking very good gigs lately, She know hes uninsured. So she set it up where his Sperm Count was free, even the second time at a diffrent office. Also set up where he got a huge discount on Blood work.
Just be honest about where you are in life.
Very good doctor, decided to "start over with our journey as requested. Didnt try to go right for IVF like other Dr. did. Warm and Friendly personality while being blunt and to the point.
Vert friendly and dedicated to helping any way they can.
I dont think this office has any real weakness. only issue my husband had is the room for sperm collection. He wishs they would have sent him straight to the testing lab to give a sample there. He think them having to driving it from cental NJ to North Jersey may have had a impact on his results
250 inital consult. still going through testing so dont have final amount

Endometriosis, Male Factor
My experience of infertility was emotional and over whelming but with the help of Dr. Keegan and her team; they made the experience successful and amazing. Dr. Keegan and her staff are so patient, knowledgeable, caring, warm and supportive... I would highly recommend Dr. Keegan to everyone and anyone who needs help to complete their family...She is amazing very direct, down to earth and knowledgeable.
[IRMS - E Windor is] Warm...Monitoring appointments daily from 6:30am to 8am...I was very fortunate my insurance covered most of the cost. I was responsible for my insurance co-pays and the embryos storage fees yearly...My experience of infertility was emotional and over whelming but with the help of Dr. Keegan and her team; they made the experience successful and amazing. Dr. Keegan and her staff are so patient, knowledgeable, caring, warm and supportive.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
We are extremely grateful and excited with the outcome of all we’ve been through and are proudly to say that we are expecting. I would highly recommend Dr. Keegan to everyone and anyone who needs help to complete their family.
She is amazing very direct, down to earth and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer M.)
Always, organized, knowledgeable, patient, caring, warm.
Warm
Monitoring appointments daily from 6:30am to 8am.
East Windsor

Dr. Keegan will always prefer a SET when possible... devised a protocol that would be most beneficial for me based on my age and past experiences. She also made herself available to perform ultrasounds herself when she was concerned... is extremely knowledgeable, passionate and patient. She leaves no stone unturned. My husband and I had two unsuccessful IUI and IVF cycles under another doctor's care and turned to Dr. Keegan with the hope of a different outcome. Upon meeting Dr. Keegan, her passion for the industry and her positive, fresh perspective restored our hope. Unfortunately, the first IVF cycle did not result in a healthy pregnancy so the next cycle she collaborated with the IRMS team and tweaked the protocol. The retrieval was successful and we were lucky to send the embryos for PGS. We had 2 healthy, vital embryos and so the plan was to have a single FET, but Dr. Keegan wanted to maximize our chances and delayed the transfer. Dr. Keegan suspected a concern with my endometrium and referred me to a surgeon. I had laparoscopic surgery, confirming endometriosis. I never would have known. After healing and preparing for the transfer, I am 9 weeks pregnant. Yes, it is early but I remain hopeful as Dr. Keegan and her staff always monitor with a careful eye and offer support. My husband and I recommend Dr. Keegan and the IRMS team without reservation!
Jenn [nurse at IRM&S at Saint Barnabas] was very helpful in coordinating medications with insurance and explaining the instructions...The East Windsor office is welcoming and supportive. Every member of the team plays a vital role. I am forever grateful to Kelly, Sara, Jean, Jenn M, Jen I and Susan, and of course Dr. Keegan herself! Joanne and Margo are patient and helpful in scheduling and greeting me with a friendly face. The office felt like home because of all of them.
Dr. Keegan is extremely knowledgeable, passionate and patient. She leaves no stone unturned. My husband and I had two unsuccessful IUI and IVF cycles under another doctor's care and turned to Dr. Keegan with the hope of a different outcome. Upon meeting Dr. Keegan, her passion for the industry and her positive, fresh perspective restored our hope. Unfortunately, the first IVF cycle did not result in a healthy pregnancy so the next cycle she collaborated with the IRMS team and tweaked the protocol. The retrieval was successful and we were lucky to send the embryos for PGS. We had 2 healthy, vital embryos and so the plan was to have a single FET, but Dr. Keegan wanted to maximize our chances and delayed the transfer. Dr. Keegan suspected a concern with my endometrium and referred me to a surgeon. I had laparoscopic surgery, confirming endometriosis. I never would have known. After healing and preparing for the transfer, I am 9 weeks pregnant. Yes, it is early but I remain hopeful as Dr. Keegan and her staff always monitor with a careful eye and offer support. My husband and I recommend Dr. Keegan and the IRMS team without reservation!
Ask questions and trust in Dr. Keegan.
Dr. Keegan devised a protocol that would be most beneficial for me based on my age and past experiences. She also made herself available to perform ultrasounds herself when she was concerned. The office staff always addressed my husband and myself by name.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jenn M.)
Jenn was very helpful in coordinating medications with insurance and explaining the instructions.
Monitoring was a breeze! The staff has a routine and it is efficient!
I am very fortunate to have health insurance that covered most of the expense. As with any fertility treatment, it is expensive but the office will provide support and best options.
Dr. Keegan will always prefer a SET when possible.
East Windsor

I think they [IRMS] try to play safe and hence the results are not exceptional. I really can't comment on the embryologist because you just have to trust them and their ability. But sometimes i wonder if my failed embryo transfer were a result of their mistakes \ mishandling.... [Monitoring Appointments] I would usually spent 1.5 hr for blood work and monitoring.... Illiyana was a great nurse . She was sweet , compassionate and very calm.... I did the following 3 iuis with clomid 2
How was your experience with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr Hughes has 30+ years of experience and when i initially went to consult her i felt so confident that she was the right fit for me , but 1.5 years in treatment with 5 failed iuis and 2 failed ivfs later (more than $30K later) , i feel i should have switched sooner. I know REs are not god but if i took any question or suggestion to better the result of our treatments she was not very open to them . I had to literally argue with her to get ERA procedure done . Initially she had also advised me against PGS testing , which i still did . I am glad i did that else i would have wasted more money on transfering aneuploid embryos . I felt she was less flexible with her approach. When i met her after my failed cycles she would put a sad face and she also said "i don't know how could i couple be so unlucky". You don't expect to hear this from a fertility Dr. Bottomline is - If i was a millionaire and if i could afford all the IVFs in the world i would not have gone to her again. I would have tried RMA instead (which is so expensive) :( I am still struggling to start a family. I have left her clinic and am on a break before i dive again in this ocean of treatments and find a better RE who listens.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Please don't trust blindly on her. Do your research and take second opinions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
I was treated as a Human at Dr Hughes. She doesn't have a huge practice so there were not a million patients lining up. But i feel she could have done better.
Describe the protocols Patricia Hughes used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I did the following 3 iuis with clomid 2 iuis with letrozol 1 ivf with - Gonal F + cetrotide + hcg trigger +icsi + pgs testing the only euploid embryo 2nd ivf with - Foliistm + Menopur + cetrotide + hcg trigger +icsi + pgs testing the only euploid embryo . I also did ERA (Endometrial Receptivity Analysis)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Illiyana Zampella)
Illiyana was a great nurse . She was sweet , compassionate and very calm.
I think they try to play safe and hence the results are not exceptional. I really can't comment on the embryologist because you just have to trust them and their ability. But sometimes i wonder if my failed embryo transfer were a result of their mistakes \ mishandling.
I would usually spent 1.5 hr for blood work and monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Close to $30,000
Describe Patricia Hughes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
She always promoted single embryo transfer . Unfortunately both my IVF rounds only resulted in 1 euploid embryos each time.
Hackensack

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Dr. Chen was scattered and flighty. No matter how many times I saw her or spoke with her, she never seemed to know who I was...Seeing Dr. Chen was a terrible experience. We started IUI and failed several times. Meanwhile, every single time I went in for monitoring, one of the Dr.'s commented on the giant cyst on one of my ovaries, but no one ever mentioned doing anything about it. After feeling confused by conversations with Dr. Chen, my husband and I decided to get a second opinion.
The clinic (IRMS) was a nightmare! They would open the doors at 6 am, but the Dr.'s wouldn't show up until 7. So if you were in the first 5 people through the door, you waited a minimum of 1 hour and 15 minutes. If you were after the first 5 people, you were there 1 hour and 30 minutes or longer. You were treated like cattle. The feeling was always one of "how many people can we squeeze through the door in one day".
European, Other
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Seeing Dr. Chen was a terrible experience. We started IUI and failed several times. Meanwhile, every single time I went in for monitoring, one of the Dr.'s commented on the giant cyst on one of my ovaries, but no one ever mentioned doing anything about it. After feeling confused by conversations with Dr. Chen, my husband and I decided to get a second opinion. When we went to the other fertility clinic (RMA - which I highly recommend!), the Dr. refused to start any type of fertility treatments until the cyst was surgically removed. He said it was dangerous and could potentially pop, harming the baby if I were to get pregnant. I went back to Dr. Chen with this information and she responded with "That seems like a reasonable plan of action". YET she never mentioned it herself and was actively trying to get me pregnant!
Run! Go to a different Dr.
I did not receive any positive results with Dr. Chen
Nurse was nice and provided reasonable explanations for treatment plans, medications, etc.
The clinic was a nightmare! They would open the doors at 6 am, but the Dr.'s wouldn't show up until 7. So if you were in the first 5 people through the door, you waited a minimum of 1 hour and 15 minutes. If you were after the first 5 people, you were there 1 hour and 30 minutes or longer. You were treated like cattle. The feeling was always one of "how many people can we squeeze through the door in one day".
Everything was covered by health insurance, which is what made it so attractive.
I would never recommend this clinic to anyone! They seem to care more about the money than they do about patient care.
Serena Chen
Hackensack

...Dr Cekleniak who didn’t think it was necessary but at my insisten[ce], did it anyway (she was right-it found nothing but gave me peace of mind). As I was going under, she held my hand and was sweet and caring the entire time. She was always positive and optimistic, and honest. She always understood my fears/hesitance to IVF and didn’t pressure me. She was always available via email, although getting an appointment face to face could sometimes be tricky when you’re working full time. I absolutely love Dr Cekleniak, and all of the doctors at IRMS. I saw many of them for monitoring and IUI and each one was helpful and caring.
I absolutely love Dr Cekleniak, and all of the doctors at IRMS. I saw many of them for monitoring and IUI and each one was helpful and caring...I had no idea what to expect and wasn’t really given much information along the way. No one sat me down and said this is the plan. Id go in for monitoring the first time, and they said “ok take this injection and come back in 2 days”. I had no idea what they were monitoring, how, how long this would go on for, or what would happen next. There was no education or information about the process.
Dr Cekleniak is kind, patient, and sympathetic. She has all the time in the world for questions and concerns and responds to emails almost immediately. She also does her best to make the cycle work- for instance, I wasn’t going to be available the day that I was supposed to do IUI. Dr Cekleniak worked with me to come up with a plan that would enable me to do an IUI the day before and the day after, to cover my bases. Also, I was constantly frustrated by my diagnosis of unexplained infertility so I sought a second opinion who suggested a laparoscopy given that I previously had a D&C. I brought this suggestion to Dr Cekleniak who didn’t think it was necessary but at my insistent, did it anyway (she was right-it found nothing but gave me peace of mind). As I was going under, she held my hand and was sweet and caring the entire time. She was always positive and optimistic, and honest. She always understood my fears/hesitance to IVF and didn’t pressure me. She was always available via email, although getting an appointment face to face could sometimes be tricky when you’re working full time. I absolutely love Dr Cekleniak, and all of the doctors at IRMS. I saw many of them for monitoring and IUI and each one was helpful and caring.
The financial staff (Nadine) and registration staff (Pam) were also always helpful. There are just 2 things that I wish would improve but Ive heard this a lot about many fertility clinics. Firstly, at my first consult with Dr Cekleniak, I was overwhelmed because I had no idea what to expect and they were already talking abtou IVF. I didn’t even have blood work done yet. I was expecting her to prescribe clomid, not talk about IUI and if it doesn’t work, move to IVF. I would suggest reading up on infertility etc prior to the consult so patients aren’t overwhelmed and scared. Secondly, I had no idea what to expect and wasn’t really given much information along the way. No one sat me down and said this is the plan. Id go in for monitoring the first time, and they said “ok take this injection and come back in 2 days”. I had no idea what they were monitoring, how, how long this would go on for, or what would happen next. There was no education or information about the process. I didn’t find the nurses to be available or helpful either. I wish someone sat me down and told me about the process of IUI. They make you watch a tutorial about the injections but it doesn’t help with the “what to expect” process which would’ve helped ease anxiety. I definitely would recommend IRMS to others but wish the nurses were more helpful and provided information/education in the beginning phase.
7 Eggs Frozen
I had a lot of eggs that were showing up on the sonogram. SO much so that we started off on a low dosage to grow them because Dr. Hughes didn't want me to explode. Despite that, I only had a small amount of viable eggs. It was disappointing and I did a second round of retrieval to get more eggs. Setting the expectation- that you really don't know until the retrieval- made all the difference in terms of handling the disappointment.
They've [Institute for Reproductive Medicine at Science] been around a long time and have many doctors so I was always covered..... Dr. Hughes has extensive history in fertility treatments. I love that she explained how IVF was only really relatively new in terms of truly being effective. The fact that she set expectations during each visit was gratifying and I loved that she only revolved my cycle around her hospital schedule so that she could be the one to do the retrieval.
7 Eggs Frozen
To trust her.
Every time I met with the doctor, she seemed to have all the time in the world for me and explained everything to me in terms of science and expectations.
Very easy to work with, kind, gentle.
Strength- they've been around a long time and have many doctors so I was always covered.
I think it was about $10,000 per cycle.
Hackensack

The doctor [Dr. Hughes] and the nurse were kind, compassionate. I would feel anxious going for the treatments but after seeing/talking to them, I will be at ease.... We were new to fertility treatments and the doctor explained the treatment well. I was anxious initially but the doctor and the nurse made me feel comfortable with every visit. It was nice that the same doctor would visit me every time unlike some other clinics.
I had a good overall experience though I had to discontinue treatments here [at Institute for Repro Med & Science at Saint Barnabas] due to personal reasons. It was nice that the doctor visited every patient and did the procedure herself and the nurse is very kind too. The cost of IUI was cheaper here compared to other clinic. They are primarily paper based and so there won't be much digital records - this would have been nicer to have.
Ask lot of questions.
The doctor and the nurse were kind, compassionate. I would feel anxious going for the treatments but after seeing/talking to them, I will be at ease.
The nurse was very kind and gentle, I'd feel so much at ease around her.
I had a good overall experience though I had to discontinue treatments here due to personal reasons. It was nice that the doctor visited every patient and did the procedure herself and the nurse is very kind too. The cost of IUI was cheaper here compared to other clinic. They are primarily paper based and so there won't be much digital records - this would have been nicer to have.
The IUI for a cycle was about $200

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr Cekleniak] is very empathetic and even when she delivers hard news, she doesn't shrink away from it....Stick it out. Her staff is horrible, but she herself is great....Had trouble talking to the doctors direly [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at St. Barnabas]. Had to go through the finance rep and she was awful...Office is a little "exposed" so if you're trying to be discrete you may have some difficulty.
Investment Banker
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
She is very empathetic and even when she delivers hard news, she doesn't shrink away from it.
Stick it out. Her staff is horrible, but she herself is great.
Dr C took time to listen and acknowledged my human need.
Still going thru.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Mishia)
A bit flippant and cold.
Had trouble talking to the doctors direly. Had to go through the finance rep and she was awful.