7.3

100 Walnut Ave
Clark, NJ 07066
(973) 322–8286
East Windsor
300-B Princeton Hightstown Rd.
East Windsor, NJ 08520
560 Springfield Ave
Westfield, NJ 07090
(973) 322–8290

Treated 2019 - 2020
If you’re okay with just going along and not having much communication, [Dr. Stephanie Thompson will] be a fine choice. You have to advocate for yourself and ask questions. She’s not going to take the initiative, you have to...While in the office with her she was kind and sympathetic but we only saw her maybe 3 times over the course of 9 months...We once had the first appointment of the day and she walked into the clinic 45 minutes after our appointment started...When speaking after a failed transfer the Dr clearly hadn’t even reviewed my chart— suggesting we do a fresh transfer when the whole reason we were there was because we needed to do PGS testing and thus, a frozen cycle
I don’t know that we were given any rationale, just instructions [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas]. We did Gonal-F, Ganirelix, and Menopur leading up...I went to the pharmacy to pick these up and there were two other prescriptions waiting — more doxycline and medrol. Not once had anyone noted to me that these would be part of the protocol. I had to call to ask what they were for...There was no education other than some videos they sent and it was tough to reach anyone to ask questions. They don’t assign you a specific nurse so no one really knows you or your case.
How was your experience with Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
She was kind when we actually interacted with her, but we barely interacted with her. We were a ‘textbook case’ so I think she just gave very standard treatment. It didn’t work and she didn’t note any suggestions she’d change for the next time. Our appointments were always less than 20 minutes and while my Questions were usually always answered, I just didn’t feel confident and happy leaving the appointments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
If you’re okay with just going along and not having much communication, she’ll be a fine choice. You have to advocate for yourself and ask questions. She’s not going to take the initiative, you have to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
While in the office with her she was kind and sympathetic but we only saw her maybe 3 times over the course of 9 months. They wouldn’t allow phone conversations unless she initiated it, even just to ask questions about change in treatment, they were pushing for an appointment. We once had the first appointment of the day and she walked into the clinic 45 minutes after our appointment started. I wasn’t assigned one particular nurse, and while many (but not all— more on that later) were very kind, no one knew who I was. When speaking after a failed transfer the Dr clearly hadn’t even reviewed my chart— suggesting we do a fresh transfer when the whole reason we were there was because we needed to do PGS testing and thus, a frozen cycle. Even when I went for morning monitoring, many days a week for weeks in a row, no one bothered to remember my name or smile and say hi. The ultrasound techs could’ve been working on a cadaver, they barely even acknowledged me.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Thompson used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I don’t know that we were given any rationale, just instructions. We did Gonal-F, Ganirelix, and Menopur leading up. It was lower dosage as I had a high-ish AMH. My husband was on doxycycline before retrieval and I was on it after. Before transfer I was on estrace for many days, and then PIO injections for a few weeks before and after transfer. I went to the pharmacy to pick these up and there were two other prescriptions waiting — more doxycline and medrol. Not once had anyone noted to me that these would be part of the protocol. I had to call to ask what they were for.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
The main nurse in the Hoboken Office (Kim) is not kind. Anytime I asked her a question she acted as though I was an idiot or it was annoying. There was no education other than some videos they sent and it was tough to reach anyone to ask questions. They don’t assign you a specific nurse so no one really knows you or your case. Paulina was kinder and more helpful, though hard to get a hold of at times. The on call nurses (Jen, Jen, and Aly) and the OR nurse Kathy that I spoke to were GREAT! They were the most pleasant part of this clinic. There’s just very little information or education given.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
It’s dirty and just feels run down. The experience of going for morning monitoring is awful. The ultrasound staff honestly don’t act like you’re a human, give you no info about what’s happening, and barely mumble hello when they walk in. The Hoboken office is gross. The front desk staff is very kind and helpful, at least. Going to Livingston is a pain and they’re the only spot open on weekends and it’s always PACKED. The surgery center is fine, but also very run down. Nothing about it gave me a great feeling. I did outside monitoring while with family a few times and felt much more comfortable at that clinic than I did at my own.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
THE WORST. Everyone’s just cranky and rude and it doesn’t seem organized. My absolute least favorite part of this experience. The monitoring staff in Hoboken and Jersey City both were just cold and unpleasant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Insurance luckily covered most of my care.
Describe Stephanie Thompson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Stephanie Thompson] was kind and sympathetic, but her treatment was her standard treatment he gave to everyone of her other patients...She never thought of the latest research, or anyhing tailored to my ethnicity/background...was the only doctor in the Hoboken location, she saw dozens of patients but also had limited hours. She sticks to standard procedures (for me it was 3 different paths I could take), you barely get a chance to speak to her, its always through her nurse or someone else at the practice. I felt like a number, someone spending all their lifetime max on useless treatment that didn't get us very far.
[Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] was full on weekday mornings, the earlier you get there, the sooner you can be seen. On weekends you have to go to their Livingston location, and that could take up to 3 hours to be monitored. It's pretty bad either way..They need to start to tailor their protocol per patient a bit more, and let the patient see the doctor more often or be able to talk to them. They are definitely maximizing their profit with the least amount of work. They don't understand patient don't have all the money in the world to spend. Because of this clinic, we ended up using all of our lifetime max.
Dr. Thompson was the only doctor in the Hoboken location, she saw dozens of patients but also had limited hours. She sticks to standard procedures (for me it was 3 different paths I could take), you barely get a chance to speak to her, its always through her nurse or someone else at the practice. I felt like a number, someone spending all their lifetime max on useless treatment that didn't get us very far. Her explanation was diminished ovarian reserve, blocked tube, and male infertility factor. She never thought of the latest research, or anyhing tailored to my ethnicity/background.
If you really would like to try her out, and can afford it, do no more than one round with her. I would recommend going to one of the other locations, but even there, you are a number.
She was kind and sympathetic, but her treatment was her standard treatment he gave to everyone of her other patients.
we started with antagonist I believe. The second time it was the opposite, but with priming (birth control pills).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim Neilley)
The main nurse was rude, I understand she does this everyday. As a patient spending a lot of money, worrying about your own body, and if you can even have a child in the future- she doesn't have patience to explain anything. I have e-mails to her panicking when I first received all my medication - I was overwhelmed, she never went through a training. All the information given to us was outdated. I don't expect coddling, but I do expect education. Patients are not medical experts, and I highly doubt medical experts want their patients to resort to googling how to inject. The rest of the staff (with the exception of the women who drew blood and were at the front desk) were extremely cold and rude. They just wanted to do the next ultrasound and go home and "keep the line moving". The nurse had us throw away expensive medication before our second round (which costs $6k) because the insurance will always cover it. We blew through our lifetime max because of stuff like this.
They have too few doctors for the number of patients in hoboken, they need a kinder nursing staff, and they need to update their standard of care towards their protocols. They need to start to tailor their protocol per patient a bit more, and let the patient see the doctor more often or be able to talk to them. They are definitely maximizing their profit with the least amount of work. They don't understand patient don't have all the money in the world to spend. Because of this clinic, we ended up using all of our lifetime max.
It was full on weekday mornings, the earlier you get there, the sooner you can be seen. On weekends you have to go to their Livingston location, and that could take up to 3 hours to be monitored. It's pretty bad either way.
n/a, we didn't do embryo transfer with her.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
They provided zero patient education regarding administering medication, understanding financials, they billed us incorrectly and were extremely unorganized. They claim they work as "a team" but they don't. We asked them to be careful financially so we can understand what we're doing before moving too far, and that was a failure.
Hoboken

I like a lot of explanation, and I have had to push to get my questions answered [by Dr. Stephanie Thompson]...answers questions completely, you just have to get the appointment to ask her...My cycles have been Clomid and a converted-to-natural because a cyst formed from the Clomid. There is no plan to change from Clomid for my current cycle, despite the cyst. Both completed IUIs resulted in negative pregnancy tests. Dr Thompson’s recommendation has been to go directly to IVF since the beginning, but my insurance requires three IUI cycles to cover IVF.
Kim [nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] often appeared irritated by my questions on the phone. I got the impression that she had too much on her plate...Infertility is difficult and unpredictable, and IRMS did not specifically make that easier for me...The Hoboken office shares space with an OB-GYN, so you will likely be in the waiting room with infants. On the weekends you will need to travel to Livingston for treatment, which can be inconvenient. The patient portal is useful, but the billing section is very confusing, and I had to make a request to be emailed invoices before paying a bill. Otherwise the staff is very responsive to calls and emails.
I like a lot of explanation, and I have had to push to get my questions answered. I would recommend requesting a consultation appointment after each (failed) cycle, because the clinic does not automatically schedule them. Dr. Thompson answers questions completely, you just have to get the appointment to ask her.
Keep track of your treatment plan yourself and be sure to advocate for yourself.
This clinic has a lot of patients, and you need to keep careful track of what your individual treatment plan is, as you may have to remind them about things you have discussed with the doctor.
Kim often appeared irritated by my questions on the phone. I got the impression that she had too much on her plate.
My insurance covered most of it. Ovidrel injections were about $200 each.
I’m not sure if my experience at IRMS is very different from other clinics. Infertility is difficult and unpredictable, and IRMS did not specifically make that easier for me.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Thompson is sweet and I'm sure she is a capable doctor. That said, I had almost no interaction with her or any doctors throughout my cycle...I was suspected of having endometriosis (endometrioma on one ovary), and was given an antagonist protocol (225 Follistim, 75 Menopur). After my cycle failed, I was told I was a low responder despite having normal AMH levels... The clinic [IMRS] has multiple doctors, nurses, and staff on rotation, and you see whoever is working that day. I did not feel like I got any individual attention, and was not updated with the status of things at all.
It seems that IRMS has too many patients for individual attention....The clinic is well organized during monitoring hours, and you'll be in and out of the office quickly. The phlebotomist team is exceptional, and they were my favorite part of visiting the office. The online portal is nice and convenient. The clinic has multiple doctors, nurses, and staff on rotation, and you see whoever is working that day...You also have to go to the Livingston office for any procedures.
Dr. Thompson is sweet and I'm sure she is a capable doctor. That said, I had almost no interaction with her or any doctors throughout my cycle. It didn't seem like anyone was reading my charts, and even after my cycle had failed, she wasn't familiar with my condition or retrieval results. It seems that IRMS has too many patients for individual attention.
Email her directly with questions or update every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim N.)
I was assigned a primary nurse, but I only interacted with her once or twice during my cycle. Whichever nurse is on call at the moment will reach out to you with instructions. Aside from Natalia in the Livingston Office, the nurses aren't very friendly, but will get you instructions in a timely fashion. One of the night-time on call nurses was outwardly annoyed that I called her about pain and a swollen hand vein after IV administration.
The clinic is well organized during monitoring hours, and you'll be in and out of the office quickly. The phlebotomist team is exceptional, and they were my favorite part of visiting the office. The online portal is nice and convenient. The clinic has multiple doctors, nurses, and staff on rotation, and you see whoever is working that day. I did not feel like I got any individual attention, and was not updated with the status of things at all. Also, it was annoying to have to drive to Livingston on weekends and holidays. You also have to go to the Livingston office for any procedures.
Monitoring hours are well-organized. If you go to a branch office like Hoboken, there is an ultrasound technician. If you go to Livingston on the weekends or holidays, a doctor will give you your ultrasound.
$3775 for monitoring (ultrasounds, office visits, and various blood tests); $10725 for procedure/embryology fees, ICSI would be an additional $2120 if needed; Embryo cryopreservation is $1350; PGD biopsy is $2500; PGD testing is through an outside company and would be an additional ~$6000; Surgery center fees were ~$1500; anesthesia fee was around $600. We had insurance, so we had insurance adjustments. I was told that if you pay everything out of pocket, the IVF procedure/embryology fees would be around $9000, which does not include monitoring.
A different doctor did my embryo transfer. We transferred our only two embryos on day 3 because they were low quality.
I was a low responder to the IVF drugs, but was not told this until after my cycle had failed. I had to call the office to ask if it was appropriate to proceed, given that the ultrasound technician only found two follicles.
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Margaret Graf Garrisi] was not always the doctor that saw me, or did procedures. I only consulted with her if something went wrong. She was a sweet doctor but sometimes i felt there was a lot of miscommunications and at times i felt like maybe she didn’t know what she was doing knowing my issues. She would give me wrong dosages, at wrong times and would have to cancel cycles. It was a lot of frustrations.
The staff [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] was polite at time but not always sensitive to the patients needs. They had an attitude at times and as you read in my whole journey, they screwed a few times with the medications and times to take the medications and not one apologized for their mistake. Only the doctor called to apologize but i wrote an email to my nurse and she never acknowledged it. As an infertility patient, who went through a nightmare of a journey, they should be more understanding. Some where nice.
How was your experience with Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
She was not always the doctor that saw me, or did procedures. I only consulted with her if something went wrong. She was a sweet doctor but sometimes i felt there was a lot of miscommunications and at times i felt like maybe she didn’t know what she was doing knowing my issues. She would give me wrong dosages, at wrong times and would have to cancel cycles. It was a lot of frustrations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Be patient and always ask for her to get back to you, to check you or monitor you, not a technician or a nurse. Communicate well with her and ask her to explain things instead of just rambling on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
I felt like a human because they took the time to consult with me, call me by my name, not a number and treat me like i was a priority. However, i will not put 100% because sometimes they were insensitive to me as a infertility patient.
Describe the protocols Margaret Graf Garrisi used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I will display my full journey. I was diagnosed with PCOS, an ovulatory dysfunction and a blocked dysfunctional tube. met with dr. Garrisi on 10/18/2017 after being referred to her by my gyno. had an ultrasound done. Prescribed Provera and started taking it on 10/19 for the next 7 days. ** Nurse said once I start bleeding on the first day to call them to schedule an appt. for an HSG test. Started first pill of Provera, same day. Few days later, 6th day of pill, a few clots of blood, Spotting. On November 6th had a Saline Sono done. Days later i followed up wit Dr Garrisi, discuss the surgery for removing the polyps. Blood work and ultrasound. Discussed My husband’s blood work and mine. He is a carrier of genetic disorder and I’m negative. (Nothing to worry about) On the 16th- started taking birth control as prescribed to stop my cycle, waiting for surgery schedule date. Surgery scheduled for 12/11 at 10am. Went well. Surgery done on 12/11 - went well. follow up after surgery. found out my polyps were benign but have a chronic endometriosis infection on my uterus lining. Prescribed antibiotics for 14 days to cure the infection. RWas told on the 2nd week to make an appt for the 3rd or 4th week to have follow up biopsy done again. Cervix is back to normal. 12/23 - started taking the antibiotics. Metronidazole 3x a day Doxycycline 2x a day 14 days. *2018* 1/5 - ended the two week antibiotics. Follow up appt done for the 4th week, on 1/17 3 pm No bleeding since. 1/17- follow up appt with dr. Garrisi, has a biopsy done to check if the infection is gone. 1/25 - results in... infection gone. Dr wants to do a saline sono once my period comes to double check if everything is okay to proceed. Need to get on the pill for my period to come. 1/29 - blood work and ultra sound to put me on medroxyprogesterone. 1/30 - started taking the pill for 7 days (call dr. office at cycle day ) 2/13 - Cycle day 1. Called to make the Saline sono for Wednesday 2/21. (Cycle day 9) 2/21 - Saline sono - everything is good and prescribed meds to start the ivf cycle Started birth control at 8:51 pm to stop my cycle For the next 5 days. Cycle day 9. IVF cycle treatment starts March 3rd 2018. 3/3 - started IVF cycle. appt in Livingston, blood work and ultrasound. First injection of gonal F pen 225 units and menapur 75 units. 7:30 pm Saturday, Sunday and Monday only. Tuesday 3/6 appt at 7 am Hoboken. 3/4 - cycle 3 - bleeding less not as heavy. Injections day 2. 3/6 - blood work and an ultrasound in Hoboken. 7 am. Continue injections. Menapur, gonal F and cetotide 3/8 - cycle day 24 - blood work and ultrasound 7 am Hoboken - tech said i had a lot of follicles and that’s good! Take three injections as usual. 6th day of stimming. 3/9 - cycle day 25. Blood work and ultrasound 7 am Hoboken. 3rd time this week. One shot of HCG at 11:30 pm, no other shots. Found out the retrieval is Sunday!!!! 3/10 - cycle day 26. Cramping a lot, a lot of pain. No shots. 3/11 - cycle day 27. Retrieval surgery done at 11:30 am by dr. Thompson Took out 15 follicles/eggs. Went well but In a lot of pain. Starting new medication. Shot of progesterone and two sets of pills. So much pain! 3/12- pain!!!!! Cycle day 28. Found out only 4 eggs fertilized. 3/13 - pain decreased but still there. Cycle day 29. 3/14 - not the greatest of news! Estrogen Levels are really highly 5860 and i have OHSS. Couldn’t do the transfer on day 3. Pain still there. 3/16 - we decided to cancel the day 5 transfer. Ovaries are still enlarged even though my levels went down to 3000 but doctor said it was wise to cancel and wait till next month to do the transfer. I’m okay with this decision, my health comes first. I could’ve gotten very sick. Less pain but still feel it. Super bloated from the fluids in my uterus and back. 3/18- learned the 3rd embryo didn’t make it and i could’ve miscarried. Did not get frozen and i only have two day 3 embies. 3/21 - blood work and ultrasound- estrogen levels are back to normal, ovaries still a little large but everything is healing good. Have a few ovarian cysts due to the retrieval, which according to dr garassi, will go away. 3/27 - appt for blood work and ultrasound. I’m okay. Starting birth control pills to control the cycle, evening. 3/28 - period gone. Cycle day 4 - 2nd day on bc pill. 3/29 - cycle day 5, follow up with dr. Garrisi, everything went well. Will start the meds next week and transfer will be scheduled for 4/24 or 4/25 or 4/26 4/2 - last day of birth control pill. Cycle day 9. 4/3 - follow up for monitoring. Asked to stop the bc pill and will hopefully start Saturday the hormone pills. 4/5 - cycle day 12. Everything normal so far. 4/7 - appt in Livingston- found a lot of cysts in the ovaries and must continue birth control till Thursday. Was not able to start hormones. 4/12 - last day of birth control pill. Monitoring check up Tuesday. 4/17 - no bleeding, doctors appt. I’m okay to start the estrace tonight. 2 pills 2x a day. 4 mg (HERE WE GO! Starting the cycle again!) 4/21 - monitoring, hormone levels went up from 48 on Tuesday 4/17 to 208 and was Told to start taking 2 pills 3x a time. 6 mg. 4/23 - blood work; everything came out okay to continue pills. Levels 296. 4/30 - Doctor appt for monitoring, everything came out okay. Received the email that I’m ready to start preparing for the embryo transfer and it’s scheduled for 5/7. MONDAY IS THE BIG DAY!! start all the rest of the meds and injections on Wednesday. 5/7- was not the big day!!! A huge mistake with the medications happened and the injections were given to me two days too soon and the transfer should’ve been on 5/5 not 5/7. My heart broke! Second time this process has been cancelled. Have to start all over again due to the staffs mistake. Have to wait for my period to come. Stopped meds. 5/14 - first day of period, spoke to nurse Kim, refilled my hormone medications and hopefully after monitoring tomorrow, i can start Tuesday May 15th. 5/15 - appt for usual. Everything came out okay to start hormones today. Second time starting meds for the thaw cycle., third time starting hormones for the IVF cycle. Started estradiol two tablets twice a day, to Friday. Saturday, appt in Livingston 5/23 - day 9 on hormones. doctors appt for monitoring. One week completed. 6/4 - transfer day!!! Two baby embies went in! Finally. 6/15 - positive result. I’m pregnant! My HCG BETA levels are low (22) but have to go in Monday to test again and see if they rising up. Staying positive!! nurse says it’s too soon. 6/18 - results stated i lost the embryos and had an early miscarriage. In July went for a follow up and found out my insurance will no longer cover another treatment and must pay out of pocket. I was not told this during my first and only cycle that it would be my only shot. It was a nightmare of journey which ended up in a big disappointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim Neilley )
The staff was polite at time but not always sensitive to the patients needs. They had an attitude at times and as you read in my whole journey, they screwed a few times with the medications and times to take the medications and not one apologized for their mistake. Only the doctor called to apologize but i wrote an email to my nurse and she never acknowledged it. As an infertility patient, who went through a nightmare of a journey, they should be more understanding. Some where nice.
Technicians and nurses who draw blood see you more than your own nurse and doctor. The financial aspect of the clinic and most nurses can be rude. Be patient and if you don’t feel comfortable, find a new clinic.
I would have liked for my doctor to monitor me but it was always a technician who never said a word to me but good morning and have a good day. Never worried about hurting me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
My insurance had a limit of $10000 for infertility treatments once in a lifetime
Margaret Graf Garrisi
Treated 2017 - 2018
I think they [IRMS] try to play safe and hence the results are not exceptional. I really can't comment on the embryologist because you just have to trust them and their ability. But sometimes i wonder if my failed embryo transfer were a result of their mistakes \ mishandling.... [Monitoring Appointments] I would usually spent 1.5 hr for blood work and monitoring.... Illiyana was a great nurse . She was sweet , compassionate and very calm.... I did the following 3 iuis with clomid 2
How was your experience with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr Hughes has 30+ years of experience and when i initially went to consult her i felt so confident that she was the right fit for me , but 1.5 years in treatment with 5 failed iuis and 2 failed ivfs later (more than $30K later) , i feel i should have switched sooner. I know REs are not god but if i took any question or suggestion to better the result of our treatments she was not very open to them . I had to literally argue with her to get ERA procedure done . Initially she had also advised me against PGS testing , which i still did . I am glad i did that else i would have wasted more money on transfering aneuploid embryos . I felt she was less flexible with her approach. When i met her after my failed cycles she would put a sad face and she also said "i don't know how could i couple be so unlucky". You don't expect to hear this from a fertility Dr. Bottomline is - If i was a millionaire and if i could afford all the IVFs in the world i would not have gone to her again. I would have tried RMA instead (which is so expensive) :( I am still struggling to start a family. I have left her clinic and am on a break before i dive again in this ocean of treatments and find a better RE who listens.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Please don't trust blindly on her. Do your research and take second opinions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
I was treated as a Human at Dr Hughes. She doesn't have a huge practice so there were not a million patients lining up. But i feel she could have done better.
Describe the protocols Patricia Hughes used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I did the following 3 iuis with clomid 2 iuis with letrozol 1 ivf with - Gonal F + cetrotide + hcg trigger +icsi + pgs testing the only euploid embryo 2nd ivf with - Foliistm + Menopur + cetrotide + hcg trigger +icsi + pgs testing the only euploid embryo . I also did ERA (Endometrial Receptivity Analysis)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Illiyana Zampella)
Illiyana was a great nurse . She was sweet , compassionate and very calm.
I think they try to play safe and hence the results are not exceptional. I really can't comment on the embryologist because you just have to trust them and their ability. But sometimes i wonder if my failed embryo transfer were a result of their mistakes \ mishandling.
I would usually spent 1.5 hr for blood work and monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Close to $30,000
Describe Patricia Hughes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
She always promoted single embryo transfer . Unfortunately both my IVF rounds only resulted in 1 euploid embryos each time.
Patricia Hughes
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Thompson's explanations were vague and lacked a detailed understanding of our file. She wasn't able to synthesize relevant information, so that we could make informed decisions about course of treatment...overlooked at least two major potential causes of our infertility which our new clinic immediately picked up on through routine testing...I never saw Dr. Thompson beyond the initial consultation appointments...
IRMS exhibited a troubling lack of attention to detail, was poorly organized, and treated me and my husband like numbers at best...overlooked at least two major potential causes of our infertility which our new clinic immediately picked up on through routine testing... There was often a long wait, especially on the weekends. There were so many people the clinic crammed in at once on the weekends that there were not even enough chairs to seat everyone in the large waiting room. Doctors never did monitoring during the weekdays, and then when you saw them on the weekends, they were irritated if you asked questions, as they were rushed to try to get through the masses of women in for monitoring.
Do not let sheer convenience dictate your choice of doctor.
My experience at this clinic doing three rounds of failed IVF was terrible, and I regret not switching to a better clinic sooner due to sheer convenience. Among other things, the wrong medications were ordered for me, the instructions for taking medications were on one occasion incorrect, the clinic’s after-hours answering service didn’t work more than once, I was improperly billed for services I couldn’t have possibly consumed, and important test results weren’t timely communicated to me. Unlike my current clinic, the doctors at IRMS were barely involved, and I never saw Dr. Thompson beyond the initial consultation appointments. Dr. Thompson overlooked at least two major potential causes of our infertility which our new clinic immediately picked up on through routine testing. Moreover, Dr. Thompson provided at best vague, incomplete information compared to our current doctor. Test results and instructions were almost always released after my assigned nurse left for the day which meant getting any questions answered was an ordeal. When I could actually reach my assigned nurse, she seemed rushed and as if she didn’t want to be bothered with me. The daily testing times were exceedingly narrow, unlike at my current clinic, and the wait times were almost always unreasonably long, especially on the weekends. The Hoboken office is shared with an OBGYN practice, so you will frequently see babies and pregnant women, whom other clinics actually prohibit in waiting rooms for physical and emotional health reasons. Overall, IRMS exhibited a troubling lack of attention to detail, was poorly organized, and treated me and my husband like numbers at best.
Monitoring hours were extremely limited. There was often a long wait, especially on the weekends. There were so many people the clinic crammed in at once on the weekends that there were not even enough chairs to seat everyone in the large waiting room. Doctors never did monitoring during the weekdays, and then when you saw them on the weekends, they were irritated if you asked questions, as they were rushed to try to get through the masses of women in for monitoring.
Among other things, the wrong medications were ordered for me, the instructions for taking medications were on one occasion incorrect, the clinic’s after-hours answering service didn’t work more than once, I was improperly billed for services I couldn’t have possibly consumed, and important test results weren’t timely communicated to me. Dr. Thompson overlooked at least two major potential causes of our infertility which our new clinic immediately picked up on through routine testing.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Chen was very attentive during the sit down visits and took time to answer the questions. In between the communication was a bit lacking, the doctor only called to deliver negative pregnancy results and it was difficult to get a hold of her on the phone with questions...Dr.Chen only does ultrasounds during the initial visits and never the ones during the cycles...The doctor is very nice and very detailed, though it's expected that you learn the process through on-line videos and some questions you know to ask only after the treatment is finished.
Waiting time [at IRMS] is BAD...It took me some time to force a nurse to give me chart of IVF with expected timing, procedures and dosages since she didn't want to make me feel that everything will go as expected. The billing is messy unless you control it, there are no paper bills coming in mail, if billing person is on vacation there is no communication between the person on vacation and replacement person...Technicians doing ultrasound usually are not very warm
How was your experience with Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
The doctor is very nice and very detailed, though it's expected that you learn the process through on-line videos and some questions you know to ask only after the treatment is finished. E.g. we did 1 cycle of IVF and during the visit it was expected that the meds would change due to poor response first time. During next cycle I received prelim chart with the same dosages and no comment from the nurse/doc. It took me some time to force a nurse to give me chart of IVF with expected timing, procedures and dosages since she didn't want to make me feel that everything will go as expected. The billing is messy unless you control it, there are no paper bills coming in mail, if billing person is on vacation there is no communication between the person on vacation and replacement person. So at the start of one of my first IVF they forgot to get my authorization from insurance. With meds: sometimes the authorization for the medicine is not sent to the pharmacy and the other time the prescription should be changed due to wrong med name. As usual some nurses and docs doing ultrasound are nice, but there are a lot of them who are very rush and abrupt, 50% of time i got bruises after routine bloodwork . People on the phone are most of the time talk to you like they've never were trained to talk to the clients on the phone, never mind patients. The only professionally sounded people are on the general Livingston number and nurses on call. Technicians doing ultrasound usually are not very warm (especially there is one in Hoboken and one other patient in the room said that her experience was not warm as well) and they don't talk to you/your partner what they are doing at all. Even doctors who do the ultrasound are not commenting on what they see. Dr.Chen only does ultrasounds during the initial visits and never the ones during the cycles. More times than needed I felt as a number and as a part of the huge standard fertility factory that making standard protocols and not addressing my particular situation. Dr. Chen is nice, but overall experience with the facility is not making me feel welcomed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Be prepared to control everything in the cycle, insist on getting the schedules, read a lot on-line, read other reviews. Be prepare to have it rough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Describe the protocols Serena Chen used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
IUIs were on chlomid, all looked very good, no problems with number of folluculs, but all 3 - negative. First IVF was on follistin 300 and menopur 150. Due to the planned facility shutdown, we had to time the next period and I was taking contraceptive meds. After that there was 1 follicul leftover and there were not enough of other so the cycle was cancelled. The doctor recommended the prep cycle, but i refused since i didn't know how my body will respond to extra meds and the studies show mixed results. The second cycle there is another leftover, and the meds added the ganorelix 150. the doctor recommends growth hormone (mixed studies), accupuncture and CoQ10 and Vit D (all - no proven medical results). Questions to doctor 1) what to do with leftover follicules - doctor recommend to do nothing, 2) the doctor never texted if I have an ovulation by my own - it's assumed that the meds provoke it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Pamela)
Please see my comments on the doctor
Waiting time is BAD - expected bloodwork at Livingston (weekends) and ultrasound b/w 6:30 and 7:30 but we rarely left before 8 am. Hoboken is very bad as well, Hoboken reception has trouble having their PC be switched at the time of the start of the shift, so you wait extra time to make a copayment as well. Hoboken reception is extremely slow. Hoboken manager on the floor is responcive on complaints, I've complained about the technicial and next time I had same technician but accompanies by some nurse, taking notes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
it was round $2000 for IUIs and now with IVF - growth hormone alone is $2000, visits - $150
Describe Serena Chen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
There is recommendation for only 1 embrio - since multiple pregnancy could be more risky for both mother and potential babies.
Jersey City
Treated 2015 - 2016
Stephanie [Dr. Thompson] didn't even look at my labs when I went in for a consult. As it turned out I had low vitamin D and low thyroid function that both went untreated until I sought out research for myself. She did little to explain the procedures involved in IUI and only recommended IVF without any other suggestions/options. It literally felt like I was a wallet to her. She also told me my ovaries looked "polyp-y" and that's why I was diagnosed with PCOS even though I literally didn't have any other symptoms of it. She told me I had "typical NYC PCOS" meaning I was thin.
There was only one nurse I spoke with at the [IRMS] Hoboken site, and when I asked her questions about my treatment protocol she was short, and rude. She came across like someone who didn't want to deal with a patient asking questions.... I was treated like a number and not a person. My results were rarely shared with me unless I specifically asked, and there wasn't any follow-up on my well being after the procedures I did did.
Stephanie didn't even look at my labs when I went in for a consult. As it turned out I had low vitamin D and low thyroid function that both went untreated until I sought out research for myself. She did little to explain the procedures involved in IUI and only recommended IVF without any other suggestions/options. It literally felt like I was a wallet to her. She also told me my ovaries looked "polyp-y" and that's why I was diagnosed with PCOS even though I literally didn't have any other symptoms of it. She told me I had "typical NYC PCOS" meaning I was thin.
Don't go to her, she's not worth the money.
The office staff and nurse were generally unfriendly, and Stephanie was no where to be found. She would not return calls/emails when questions were asked.
I had 2 IUI cycles. She started me on 75units of follistrum which resulted in an over production of eggs, and IUI cancellation. My second IUI was with 25units and failed cycle. While being monitored at the weekend location the doctor there told me she saw two polyps in my uterus. I subsequently had those removed at Shady Grove by Dr Martin. I was told by him those can significantly impede implantation...Stephanie was inept in her diagnoses for me.
There was only one nurse I spoke with at the Hoboken site, and when I asked her questions about my treatment protocol she was short, and rude. She came across like someone who didn't want to deal with a patient asking questions.
I can't think of one positive thing to say about IRMS. The 'care' at IRMS Hoboken is financially driven, there was not one ounce of support or kindness by Stephanie or the staff. I was treated like a number and not a person. My results were rarely shared with me unless I specifically asked, and there wasn't any follow-up on my well being after the procedures I did did.
It was first come first serve.
total cost was 4 to 6K.
Uncommunicative and lack of follow through on delivering paperwork.
Treated 2015 - 2016
I emailed the nurse [at IRMS] pretty much every day and would repeatedly ask for the Dr. I would say the only time that I really heard from was after the retrievals and when I had to come in after the transfer and after the last cycle ended. They [Dr. Chen] didn't test my thyroid the first cycle, but she discovered for the 2nd that "oh, we should have tested this the first time around". There was also the way I felt they were pushing donor eggs on me; knowing my hesitance with that choice, right out the gate. I believe she is probably a great doctor for other patients; I just don't believe she was a good fit for me.
This clinic [IRMS - Livingston] has a lot of patients and perhaps if they had less patients the ones who visit would feel a bit more at ease... There seemed to be a bit of a disconnect with the nurses ( who at times seemed burnt out and just over it) and the Doctors.... I really liked my second nurse and honestly made things a lot better the second go round.... sometimes the nurses that would do the Ultrasound didn't seem very versed on how to administer them.
I should have trusted my gut, after the first time my name was mispronounced. But, I looked at it as not as important if her aid was going to ultimately lead me to the success that I was looking for. I emailed the nurse pretty much every day and would repeatedly ask for the Dr. I would say the only time that I really heard from was after the retrievals and when I had to come in after the transfer and after the last cycle ended. They didn't test my thyroid the first cycle, but she discovered for the 2nd that "oh, we should have tested this the first time around". There was also the way I felt they were pushing donor eggs on me; knowing my hesitance with that choice, right out the gate. I believe she is probably a great doctor for other patients; I just don't believe she was a good fit for me.
Just take the time to listen to your patients; and maybe make yourself a bit more available.
I went in there a bit naive. I figured because the first visit was so welcoming that my experience across the board would be as such. I was unaware of how many other women were experiencing the same challenges, as I was. There seemed to be a bit of a disconnect with the nurses ( who at times seemed burnt out and just over it) and the Doctors. The Doctors also mispronounced my name each and ever time I spoke with one of them.
I honestly don't remember the overall protocol for either cycle. I know for the first cycle (where we were able to transfer) it was a more aggressive protocol. For the second cycle, there was not as many meds. Estrogen Patch Clomid Follistim Ganirellex Letrozole not in that order, were the main meds that I took
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Anne)
My first Nurse was a lot more mechanical than my second nurse ( who I asked for specifically because of the first nurse's disposition) I also had an issue with one of there Phlebotomists, who constantly would leave me with bruises. The women at the front desk were really wonderful about making sure that I didn't have to see her after the first couple of times I was bruised.
You should come in prepared with questions and don't feel afraid to ask them. Be your own advocate as this struggle is never as important for anyone else as it will be for you. This clinic has a lot of patients and perhaps if they had less patients the ones who visit would feel a bit more at ease.
I had issues with one phlebotomist in particular, but they changed her out & sometimes the nurses that would do the Ultrasound didn't seem very versed on how to administer them.
in total over 22k.
I wish that they would have addressed the low vitamin D and thyroid concerns earlier on; as that could have affected what was happening. I really liked my second nurse and honestly made things a lot better the second go round. If I could take her from their sister clinic and had her at the clinic I went to; I believe the nerves and anxiety I felt throughout could have been eased a bit.
Livingston
Treated 2016
Investment Banker
Doctor Cekleniak is lovely and very knowledgeable, however the clinic takes on too many patients, to the point that you feel as though you are just a number (or co-pay). I did not receive the level of support that I needed during these cycles and was often confused about the next steps and what the results were stating. I spoke with a different doctor each time and sometimes the information conflicted each other. I needed someone to help me to understand exactly what was occurring each step of the way and this was unfortunately m
The clinic has a good reputation and is part of St Barnabas, which is a highly recommended hospital in the area. All doctors are extremely knowledgeable, however I felt as though they took on too many clients and as such, are unable to provide the level of support and one-on-one attention needed during such a stressful time in a women's life...Nurse Anne was my designated nurse and was very knowledgeable, however was out of the office quite often which meant that I had to rely on other nurses, in which I did not have a relationship and sometimes the information was conflicting.
How was your experience with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr Ceklieniak is lovely and very knowledgeable, however the clinic takes on too many patients, to the point that you feel as though you are just a number (or co-pay). I did not receive the level of support that I needed during these cycles and was often confused about the next steps and what the results were stating. I spoke with a different doctor each time and sometimes the information conflicted each other. I needed someone to help me to understand exactly what was occurring each step of the way and this was unfortunately missing. Some women may not require the same level as support as I did, but
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Determine how much support and information you need from your doctor and make sure that you are receiving that every step of the way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
IRMS in Livingston takes on many patients, when visiting them each morning for monitoring you will be seated with 20-30 women at any one time, who are also called through for U/S and BW. Each time you go you will see a different doctor depending on who is on roster for that day. In the beginning of the treatment you are provided a dedicated RE, nurse, coordinator and financial officer. However, I only saw my doctor at the beginning of the cycle and at the very end (when things did not turn out as expected). Many times I called my nurse and she was out of the office and other nurses would call back. During my second cycle I specifically asked for my support, more information on what was going on and how the results were looking. I was told to call/email any time, however these calls/emails were always transferred on to another doctor to manage. I did not speak with my doctor through the cycles and this made it very frustrating trying to attempt to understand all that was occurring.
Describe the protocols Natalie A. Cekleniak used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I completed two cycles of IVF before I was told that I was DOR, which I actually asked rather than being provided with the information. I was on the max dosage of ivf injectables and did not generate many eggs, the first cycle resulted in 4 eggs and the second 7. Neither cycle resulted in strong development of the embryo and I was unable to complete a transfer either time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Anne McGuire)
Westfield
Treated 2014 - 2015
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Chen was scattered and flighty. No matter how many times I saw her or spoke with her, she never seemed to know who I was...Seeing Dr. Chen was a terrible experience. We started IUI and failed several times. Meanwhile, every single time I went in for monitoring, one of the Dr.'s commented on the giant cyst on one of my ovaries, but no one ever mentioned doing anything about it. After feeling confused by conversations with Dr. Chen, my husband and I decided to get a second opinion.
The clinic (IRMS) was a nightmare! They would open the doors at 6 am, but the Dr.'s wouldn't show up until 7. So if you were in the first 5 people through the door, you waited a minimum of 1 hour and 15 minutes. If you were after the first 5 people, you were there 1 hour and 30 minutes or longer. You were treated like cattle. The feeling was always one of "how many people can we squeeze through the door in one day".
Seeing Dr. Chen was a terrible experience. We started IUI and failed several times. Meanwhile, every single time I went in for monitoring, one of the Dr.'s commented on the giant cyst on one of my ovaries, but no one ever mentioned doing anything about it. After feeling confused by conversations with Dr. Chen, my husband and I decided to get a second opinion. When we went to the other fertility clinic (RMA - which I highly recommend!), the Dr. refused to start any type of fertility treatments until the cyst was surgically removed. He said it was dangerous and could potentially pop, harming the baby if I were to get pregnant. I went back to Dr. Chen with this information and she responded with "That seems like a reasonable plan of action". YET she never mentioned it herself and was actively trying to get me pregnant!
Run! Go to a different Dr.
I did not receive any positive results with Dr. Chen
Nurse was nice and provided reasonable explanations for treatment plans, medications, etc.
The clinic was a nightmare! They would open the doors at 6 am, but the Dr.'s wouldn't show up until 7. So if you were in the first 5 people through the door, you waited a minimum of 1 hour and 15 minutes. If you were after the first 5 people, you were there 1 hour and 30 minutes or longer. You were treated like cattle. The feeling was always one of "how many people can we squeeze through the door in one day".
Everything was covered by health insurance, which is what made it so attractive.
I would never recommend this clinic to anyone! They seem to care more about the money than they do about patient care.
Treated 2015
Success w/ Doc 6 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Thompson was always empathetic and clearly reviewed my case file prior to each appointment, but always ran 20-30 minutes late for each appointment ... Dr. Thompson never performed any ultrasound and did not perform the egg retrieval. It was disappointing to be shuffled around the different practitioners in the office and to never see her. I never felt fully engaged with her and had a better interaction with her nursing staff as they were always the ones to answer questions.
Monitoring hours [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] on the weekend were like a cattle call in Livingston. It would take close to an hour to have ultrasound and bloodwork. Same in the Hoboken office during the week. The wait times were unpredictable, which was frustrating when trying to make it to work on time.
Arrive at your appointment with time on your hands
Dr. Thompson was always empathetic and clearly reviewed my case file prior to each appointment, but always ran 20-30 minutes late for each appointment (likely to review my file before the appointment).
We used a standard protocol of Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and Pregnyl trigger shot. She did adjust my dosing during throughout the cycle and while I did appear to have a large quantity of follicles during the stim phase, they were only able to retrieve 6 mature eggs. No one ever explained what happened and I was too new on the fertility journey to ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Kim was always responsive and well-versed on the process. Being a novice to all this, I had many questions and at times I felt she was impatient or bothered by my questions. Most communication was over the phone and not via email.
Monitoring hours on the weekend were like a cattle call in Livingston. It would take close to an hour to have ultrasound and bloodwork. Same in the Hoboken office during the week. The wait times were unpredictable, which was frustrating when trying to make it to work on time.
Monitoring was a cattle call and often time consuming.
This cycle was covered by my insurance, so I have minimal co-pays only.
She would only be willing to put back 1 embryo
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Thompson was friendly, patient and attentive during our consults and answered our questions/concerns satisfactorily...She failed to diagnose the presence of a large polyp in my uterus. It was diagnosed by another doctor in the practice during ultrasound monitoring for 1st IUI. Once diagnosed, Dr. Thompson was able to successfully remove it. She is efficient when performing procedures...
[Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas - Hoboken] Strengths - the doctors (Thompson, Chen, Cekeleniak) are great. Receptionist (Vic Marie) in Hoboken office was very friendly and eager to help. Weaknesses - support staff, specifically hoboken nurse. Embryology lab...I live close to Hoboken, so getting to and from the office was easy. They do not have parking, but accessible via public transit...
We did 2 IUI's and 1 IVF with Dr. Thompson without success. She failed to diagnose the presence of a large polyp in my uterus. It was diagnosed by another doctor in the practice during ultrasound monitoring for 1st IUI. Once diagnosed, Dr. Thompson was able to successfully remove it. She is efficient when performing procedures.
Ask questions and be responsible for your care.
Antagonist protocol with 300iu Gonal F / 150iu Menopur and Ganirelix added on day 4. Total days stimmed = 8 days. Total eggs retrieved = 8.
Lacked compassion and empathy. All news was delivered as a matter of fact. Did not like answering questions, replies were quiet rude sometimes.
I have a really good insurance plan, which covered ~90% of procedures/treatments. I paid ~$3k out of pocket (for 1 IVF , 2 IUIs).
Hoboken
She [Dr. Cekleniak] told us we could only do eset. She did not offer to transfer mosaic with 5aa embryo ... She called me when it was bad news. I always felt like she cared and was rooting for us. ... Loved her. Was reluctant to leave irms but after 3 retrievals, she was not going to change anything about protocol. She did not suggest anything different like vitamins or accupunture so I went somewhere for 2 opinion
I liked the receptionist area [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas]. They were warm and caring. The staff doing the blood test are very welcoming and nice. There is a rotation of doctors for monitoring. All of them rotate throughout all the locations. You never know which doctor will be there until you arrive ... Agonist protocol. We used 2 most aggressive with lupron, cetrocide. Cycle 1 and 3 were best embryo grade but negative pregnancy rates
For any doctor, have an idea of different avenues for treatment from the beginning. Be told about donor eggs or sperm from day 1.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Michelle lowe)
Very informative and caring. Loved that after phone call and there was a portal that had info there
I liked the receptionist area. They were warm and caring. The staff doing the blood test are very welcoming and nice. There is a rotation of doctors for monitoring. All of them rotate throughout all the locations. You never know which doctor will be there until you arrive
Well oiled machine during the week. Weekend could be busy
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Out of pocket pgs testing, biopsy, storage of embryos, freezing
Describe Natalie A. Cekleniak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
She told us we could only do eset. She did not offer to transfer mosaic with 5aa embryo
Treated 2017
She was good but never gave us any hope and she also bluntly told that this is the last chance if I dont get pregnant it will never happen.she also told it would be a good idea to use donor eggs rather than my own even though i am fairly young also she never gave us any hope if this will work... My protocol was not adjusted and i was kept on the same stuff i did IVf two times... Once they failed to call me with the results and i had to do couple of follows ups to get that
This clinic [Institute for Repro Med & Science at Saint Barnabas] is not very compassionate about their patients its more like a number.there is no way to reach to the doctor after the initial consulation and some of the people are rude.no one wants to explain anything here... The nursing staff was not compassionate and just provided the information... Once they failed to call me with the results and i had to do couple of follows ups to get that... My protocol was not adjusted and i was kept on the same stuff i did IVf two times
Go with an open mind
She was nice but bluntly told that this is the last chance its now or never
The nursing staff was not compassionate and just provided the information
This clinic is not very compassionate about their patients its more like a number.there is no way to reach to the doctor after the initial consulation and some of the people are rude.no one wants to explain anything here
Margaret Graf Garrisi
Treated 2010 - 2012
She was kind, took her time with me during each visit (and there were many!) and patiently traveled with me on my long journey, trying different methods as we went along, until something worked.
How was your experience with Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
I was always eager to see Dr. Greenseid. I knew she was my primary cheerleader and let me make the decisions I needed to make while giving me all the information I needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Listen to everything she has to say. She is the expert. Take everything in.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim Schmidt)
Kim was my lifeline. I could not have done this without her. Any e-mail I sent was responded to within minutes. Any phone call, within the hour. I felt such a connection with her that I was excited to return to show off my beautiful baby.
Keri Greenseid
Treated 2014 - 2016
Investment Banker
She [Dr Cekleniak] is very empathetic and even when she delivers hard news, she doesn't shrink away from it....Stick it out. Her staff is horrible, but she herself is great....Had trouble talking to the doctors direly [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at St. Barnabas]. Had to go through the finance rep and she was awful...Office is a little "exposed" so if you're trying to be discrete you may have some difficulty.
She is very empathetic and even when she delivers hard news, she doesn't shrink away from it.
Stick it out. Her staff is horrible, but she herself is great.
Dr C took time to listen and acknowledged my human need.
Still going thru.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Mishia)
A bit flippant and cold.
Had trouble talking to the doctors direly. Had to go through the finance rep and she was awful.
Hackensack

The Hoboken clinic [of Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] is well located. But ones needs to travel to the Livingston center for any major procedure and also during the weekends. Also faced billing discrepancies across the different centres...She [Dr. Stephanie Thompson] has a nice Professional behavior. She has effectively listened to the questioned that we had. But it would be good to understand all the steps and the processes ahead of the time in an transparent manner...Please perform research on the process involved and frame your questions ahead of time...
She has a nice Professional behavior. She has effectively listened to the questioned that we had. But it would be good to understand all the steps and the processes ahead of the time in an transparent manner.
Professional behaviour
The Hoboken clinic is well located. But ones needs to travel to the Livingston center for any major procedure and also during the weekends. Also faced billing discrepancies across the different centres.