7.3

100 Walnut Ave
Clark, NJ 07066
(973) 322–8286
East Windsor
300-B Princeton Hightstown Rd.
East Windsor, NJ 08520
560 Springfield Ave
Westfield, NJ 07090
(973) 322–8290

Treated 2019 - 2020
If you would like her [Dr. Hessler] to do the procedures she might be able to schedule it so that she is the covering DR when the time comes...has made herself available by phone/email even on days off if need be...My husband and i wanted to start conservatively, so we first started tracking my ovulation with the drs office, we later started Femara and Ovidrel, and moved onto two double IUIs with Femara and Ovidrel. We are now saving for IVF...With male factor and PCOS i think she explained our situation to us very clearly. I do wish i got to touch base with her before the cycle to know what was ahead when we switched from Ovulation tracking to IUI. It was hard to know what was next if i hadn't gone out of my way to educate myself or made a point to ask the nurse. With the deadlines in each treatment i could have missed a cycle.
Im happy driving further to the Clark office [of Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science Barnabas] because they are so on top of everything, they know me by name, and they are clear with their directions and answers no matter how often i ask questions...Alicia is the best admin i think i have every come into contact with. She goes out of her way to answer all your questions as quickly as possible and it seems like your the only patient in the office ( your not its a huge office lol). The nursing staff is amazing, they are available to you via phone and email and answer any and all questions you have as quickly as they can. The phlebotomists at this office could be better. While theyre incredibly nice they often cant find my vein and im left with bruises.
How was your experience with Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Hessler did a great job breaking down our diagnosis and plan for treatment. While it may have taken a while to talk to her on the phone at times we still got through when we needed to. With male factor and PCOS i think she explained our situation to us very clearly. I do wish i got to touch base with her before the cycle to know what was ahead when we switched from Ovulation tracking to IUI. It was hard to know what was next if i hadn't gone out of my way to educate myself or made a point to ask the nurse. With the deadlines in each treatment i could have missed a cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Ask questions, reach out to her if your not clear on something. She will take the time to walk you through it. If you would like her to do the procedures she might be able to schedule it so that she is the covering DR when the time comes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
While the doctors rotate in this large clinic, i spent most of my time in the clark office where i know everyone by name and they know mine. Dr. Hessler has made herself available by phone/email even on days off if need be.
Describe the protocols Sarah C. Hessler used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer G.)
When i picked the office i knew that i would be dealing with the nurse and staff more than the Dr. So i went out of my way to look for reviews that spoke of the overall office. Im happy driving further to the Clark office because they are so on top of everything, they know me by name, and they are clear with their directions and answers no matter how often i ask questions.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sarah C. Hessler at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Honestly my costs are high but that is because of my health insurance. Im sure the clinics prices are higher because of its location as my sister paid less for IUI in NC .
Describe Sarah C. Hessler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I believe this clinic does Single Embryo Transfers.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Hessler looks me in the eyes, shows compassion and will tell you everything that’s going on as it’s happening. She explains it all, and in such a way that you don’t feel broken about yourself afterward... We haven’t started our cycle yet (when I met with her for the first time it was to determine the issue, and then correcting it with surgery)....I had asked about multiple embryo transfer, but dr. Hessler explained to us that due to my age (27) that she believed we would have a successful cycle using just one embryo and that ultimately it is safer for me and for our potential baby.
You’re comfortable when you walk in [Institute for Repro Med & Science], I think that’s all you can ask for in this type of environment. It doesn’t feel like you’re in a clinic. I haven’t come across anything I would view as a weakness....[Cost of Treatment] Estimated 14,000 to start $1000 retrieval $600 anesthesia $1000 transfer plus cost of meds... I email constantly and always get a response very quickly as if I was their only patient....Dr. Hessler looks me in the eyes, shows compassion and will tell you everything that’s going on as it’s happening.
I was so afraid to step foot into that office for the first time not knowing what to expect. I left with my heart feeling full of possibility. I know that she is going to do everything to make me a mom, she is such a kind woman, and a compassionate doctor. I am grateful that she is my first experience with infertility. Couldn’t ask for better
To walk in knowing you’re going to be getting the best treatment. Skepticism isn’t needed because she’s instantly trustworthy
We haven’t started our cycle yet (when I met with her for the first time it was to determine the issue, and then correcting it with surgery). Then my husband and I were going to see her again after our wedding. We were scheduled to start our first cycle on April 18, but due to insufficient funds needed to push it back to September 2019! Still saving!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
You’re comfortable when you walk in, I think that’s all you can ask for in this type of environment. It doesn’t feel like you’re in a clinic. I haven’t come across anything I would view as a weakness.
Clark

Dr. Hessler has great bedside manner and her nurse Jennifer Giordano is truly out of this world fantastic!...I felt fully heard and listened to. She took her time walking me through her recommendations, I never felt rushed while in her presence. She has a great sense of humor and great disposition overall....Dr. Hessler added Prednisone, Lovenox, baby aspirin and ultimately Neupogen to the protocol pre-transfer and into the pregnancy. So far, I am almost 4 weeks and counting.
Monitoring at IRMS Clark is a well oiled machine. They really do get patients in and out in a timely manner regardless of how busy they get.... IRMS' strengths are the multiple locations, the efficiency of the staff (they get you in and out), that all of the doctors are women and they run a well oiled machine in terms of communication, appointments, etc. They're spread throughout so most people can find a location that works for them and you can visit different locations based on schedule changes if needed.
As previously discussed, Dr. Hessler has great bedside manner, I felt fully heard and listened to. She took her time walking me through her recommendations, I never felt rushed while in her presence. She has a great sense of humor and great disposition overall.
Feel free and empowered to ask your questions. If you don't understand something ask the questions. She's also great via email as well.
I met with Dr. Hessler after previously working with Serena Chen. I wanted a difference experience and felt like Dr. Hessler was more empathetic in her dealings with me whereas Dr. Chen was more matter of fact. I was also armed with a second opinion so I came into the conversation better prepared to discuss what I thought was at play with prior unsuccessful cycles. Dr. Hessler has great bedside manner and her nurse Jennifer Giordano is truly out of this world fantastic! She was the big difference maker for me even beyond Dr. Hessler because there is simply more contact with the nursing staff than even the doctors.
I'd gotten a second opinion which diagnosed endometriosis, PCOS and insulin-resistance. Per the protocol recommended by the second opinion, Dr. Hessler added Prednisone, Lovenox, baby aspirin and ultimately Neupogen to the protocol pre-transfer and into the pregnancy. So far, I am almost 4 weeks and counting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Giordano)
Jennifer Giordano is the best nurse I have ever encountered in my life. She goes above and beyond for her patients, is incredibly responsive, takes care of the big and small details and follow-ups were always on point. She is the distinguishing factor for the IRMS experience in my opinion. It was an absolute pleasure interacting and engaging with her and she made the experience so much smoother than it would've been but for her diligence and attention to detail.
IRMS' strengths are the multiple locations, the efficiency of the staff (they get you in and out), that all of the doctors are women and they run a well oiled machine in terms of communication, appointments, etc. They're spread throughout so most people can find a location that works for them and you can visit different locations based on schedule changes if needed. This was particularly helpful in the monitoring phases.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Insurance covered the bulk of the cycles but I had my deductible ($2700) and co-insurance. For each cycle, I paid btwn 3000-4000 out of pocket for genetic testing, deductible and co-insurance payments.
IRMS strongly favors single transfers advising that multiple embryo transfer increased the risk of failure and complications. I was in agreement that the goal was to have a safe and successful pregnancy and opted for single embryo transfer.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Doctor Mann is an extremly compassionate, trust worthly and overall outstanding doctor. I began to see her for treatment of my urterine frybriods. This is after two seperate OB's said there was nothing to worry about. She performed a simple surgery to remove them. What a difference...After I healed I continued to see her for fertilty treatment. We were successful on the first round. My pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. Even though by this time I was treated by my OB. I continued to communicate with Doctor Manns office weeks after my D&C. This is because I was not getting my period. Doctor Mann got my blood tested and we found out that there was remaining tissue left over from the D&C that was preformed by my OBGYN ( not affiliated with Doctor Manns office) Doctor Mann was able to perform another D&C and help me recover. I trust this women with my life.
[The nurses at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] are the sunshine of that whole office. It is depressing, awkard and a constant battle some women have with fertility. They are always cheerful, helpful, compassionate, and caring. They know you by name...Everyone at [Dr. Mann's] office treats you like a individual. Very warm and personable...Doctor Mann is an extremly compassionate, trust worthly and overall outstanding doctor.
How was your experience with Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Doctor Mann is an extremly compassionate, trust worthly and overall outstanding doctor. I began to see her for treatment of my urterine frybriods. This is after two seperate OB's said there was nothing to worry about. She performed a simple surgery to remove them. What a difference. I was amazed. My periods were lighter and I did not have pain. After I healed I continued to see her for fertilty treatment. We were successful on the first round. My pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. Even though by this time I was treated by my OB. I continued to communicate with Doctor Manns office weeks after my D&C. This is because I was not getting my period. Doctor Mann got my blood tested and we found out that there was remaining tissue left over from the D&C that was preformed by my OBGYN ( not affiliated with Doctor Manns office) Doctor Mann was able to perform another D&C and help me recover. I trust this women with my life.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Go in early, make sure you have all your medical records.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Everyone at her office treats you like a individual. Very warm and personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Denise, Bernice, Kerri, Megan )
These women are the sunshine of that whole office. It is depressing, awkard and a constant battle some women have with fertility. They are always cheerful, helpful, compassionate, and caring. They know you by name.
Just a sign on the door on where you line up. Doors open at 6:30am and some of us need to get to work or whatever . So inform those who are coming in early to line up on the left side of the door. Because women tend to cut each other in line. And that is not the doctors fault. Its just regular hormonal women being assholes.
Jessica Salas Mann
Treated 2015 - 2018
Most of the nurses [at IRMS] and even the lab technicians were great, but the Hoboken main nurse was often cold and often seemed annoyed. However, they are doing what the doctor tells them to do and although she was not pleasant, I care much more about my doctor, so the nurses personality was really not much of a concern for me.... Their strength is working with you financially and being responsive. Advice would be if you are having trouble to talk to someone and find the right person to help you
How was your experience with Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Thompson was great and I would recommend her to anyone. Although the I did not get pregnant, I believe she did everything in her power to help me. She was realistic with me and even though I knew egg donor was a possibility and we discussed it, I never felt she pushed it on me (as I have heard from friends about their doctors). She was always willing to listen to my concerns and was very compassionate. She was sensitive to the fininacial stress of infertility as well as all the emotional stress. I think a lot of people write bad reviews of doctors when they do not get pregnant, but it’s not her job to perform miracles, it’s her job to work to the best of her ability to help us achieve a pregnancy. Unfortunately, she is not magic and she is working with the human body. She can not control my advanced age or medical problems. She did everything she could to help me and was sincerely disappointed with me when it did not work. She is supportive, knowledgeable, kind and available and that is really everything I wanted in a doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
If you need more from her, just be kind and ask and if it is a realistic expectation she will probably be willing help you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Thompson was always kind and recognized me when I was there for appointments. It would not even occur to me to say I was treated like a number.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Thompson used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I went through 4-6 (can’t remember exactly) egg retrievals and we honestly used almost every protocol available.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Most of the nurses and even the lab technicians were great, but the Hoboken main nurse was often cold and often seemed annoyed. However, they are doing what the doctor tells them to do and although she was not pleasant, I care much more about my doctor, so the nurses personality was really not much of a concern for me.
Their strength is working with you financially and being responsive. Advice would be if you are having trouble to talk to someone and find the right person to help you. The receptionist in Hoboken and also Vic Marie went above and beyond to help me many times.
Sometimes on the weekends (in Livingston) I waited a little, but in Hoboken and Jersey City I felt there was very little wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I worked with Lisa in finance and I really don’t remember the total of everything over 4 years.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Thompson is compassionate and has a great bedside manner. She was a wonderful advocate in dealing with my insurance company to cover treatments. All of the pros and cons of our procedures were given to us in a way we could easily digest. We have not conceived as of yet but will certainly stick with Dr. Thompson...Dr. Thompson decided against a fresh transfer because I was at high risk of OHSS due to the number of follicles retrieved. We ultimately had a frozen transfer cycle with the one embryo which resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Monitoring appointments [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] are early from 630am-8am. Weekday monitoring is swift. Weekends take a bit longer because there is only one clinic used for all of the patients...All of the doctors in the practice are women. I've had encounters with all the doctors on staff and each one has an impeccable bedside manner. The nursing staff is friendly and I've formed great relationships with many of them. Weekend monitoring is crowded and takes some time so be prepared to wait a little.
Dr. Thompson is compassionate and has a great bedside manner. She was a wonderful advocate in dealing with my insurance company to cover treatments. All of the pros and cons of our procedures were given to us in a way we could easily digest. We have not conceived as of yet but will certainly stick with Dr. Thompson and the IRMS staff.
Ask any and all questions that come to mind. I would encourage you to make a list. I would also add, be patient with the process.
Dr. Thompson gave a personal touch to her treatment plan.
First IVF cycle: Dr. Thompson used 300uI Gonal-F/150uI Menopur (Trigger 5000 HCG). The rationale used for this dosage was due to me only having one ovary. 19 eggs were retrieved of which only one was mature. The mature egg was fertilized using ICSI. Dr. Thompson decided against a fresh transfer because I was at high risk of OHSS due to the number of follicles retrieved. We ultimately had a frozen transfer cycle with the one embryo which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Second IVF cycle: 225 Gonal-F/75 Menopur (Trigger 10000 HCG). Stimmed additional 2 days to increase the number of mature eggs retrieved. 11 eggs retrieved, 2 mature fertilized with ICSI. NGS testing on Day 5 embryos resulted in one genetically sound embryo for transfer. Frozen transfer cycle resulted in negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim Neilley)
Kim is thorough and always great with communicating next steps.
IRMS is a wonderful practice to receive care. All of the doctors in the practice are women. I've had encounters with all the doctors on staff and each one has an impeccable bedside manner. The nursing staff is friendly and I've formed great relationships with many of them. Weekend monitoring is crowded and takes some time so be prepared to wait a little.
Monitoring appointments are early from 630am-8am. Weekday monitoring is swift. Weekends take a bit longer because there is only one clinic used for all of the patients.
Most of my care was covered by insurance with the exception of ICSI and genetic testing. Those items were out of pocket. The costs associated with each are listed on their website.
Describe Stephanie Thompson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
i only had one embryo available each cycle so I do not have experience with her approach on multiple embryo transfer.
Clark
From the moment I met her [Dr. Chen] she felt more like a peer then a doctor. She took the time to really get to know me. And to make me feel comfortable. She asked insightful questions and really listened to my answers. She made me feel comfortable through every single step.... She takes the time to listen to you. She doesn’t let any questions go on answered. Every question has an answer, she doesn’t make you feel like any question is to silly or too small. Even when she’s talking about very technical things, she’s professional about it but make sure you understand what she’s saying.
[IRMS is] Clean and professional. Very welcoming. Every single person you come in contact with is a woman and they all are professional and compassionate.Everyone from the person who drew blood, to the person scheduling you, to the doctors and nurses, make you feel like you are in a safe place. When I left my referring OB/GYN I was in tears, and I have left every appointment with this practice with a smile on my face.
How was your experience with Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
You’re going to want Serena Chen to be your best friend! If you are searching for a fertility doctor that is going to make you feel good and not make you stress more about the process, she is the one!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
From the moment I met her she felt more like a peer then a doctor. She took the time to really get to know me. And to make me feel comfortable. She asked insightful questions and really listened to my answers. She made me feel comfortable through every single step.
Describe the protocols Serena Chen used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I came to her with unexplained infertility. I only just turned 35 and I’m not 100% ready to get pregnant just yet. She did a very very thorough work up. Everything from ultrasounds to bloodwork to an HSG. Where we go from here will depend on my most recent results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
Everyone in the practice is incredibly professional, kind, and compassionate. It’s such a touchy situation but everyone makes you feel so good. Jennifer, the nurse who worked with me most was very helpful and made me feel comfortable that each step in the process. Alicia in the office is so organized and help you schedule each and every somewhat complicated step.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I have extremely good insurance. So at this point, I have only paid my own co-pays.
Describe Serena Chen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I haven’t gotten to the stage just yet.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
At my first visit they didn’t have my records from my Referring physician. They actually called the office to see if they could be re-faxed. My referring practice was upset because they swore they sent them and have a confirmation. It turns out they were faxed and I think they just made it to a different office, not the office I was being seen at. During the back-and-forth with my referring physicians office, they found them and all was settled. It wasn’t a big deal at all!
Westfield
Dr. Keegan is fantastic. Knowledgeable, up-to-date with current research, flexible, does not give up and has excellent bedside manner. I could not imagine not going through this "journey" without her. I trust her fully and knows she has our best interests at heart.... She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and understands what an emotional and financial burden infertility is. She speaks to you as a regular person, not some lab experiment. Although we have not been successful yet, I am so grateful to be in Dr. Keegas's care and remain hopeful.
IRMS East Windsor responds very quickly to any questions - whether via email or phone. Also, the staff if very willing to help with the documentation (Jenn M) and finances (Susan). I don't ever feel rushed out of there even though the office is very busy. Margo at the front desk has a wonderful demeanor sets the mood in the waiting room. The clinic is very sensitive to the patient needs and emotions.... Bloodwork and Ultrasounds are done between 6-8am
How was your experience with Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Keegan is fantastic. Knowledgeable, up-to-date with current research, flexible, does not give up and has excellent bedside manner. I could not imagine not going through this "journey" without her. I trust her fully and knows she has our best interests at heart. With her by our side, we have not lost hope in having a family and believe it will happen soon for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Just because IRMS is not RMA, CCRM, Cornell, etc. does not mean Dr. Keegan isn't one of the best in her field. Go to her, she listens and wants to truly help. IRMS East Windsor isn't a mill, you will be taken seriously and treated well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Keegan is a god send. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and understands what an emotional and financial burden infertility is. She speaks to you as a regular person, not some lab experiment. Although we have not been successful yet, I am so grateful to be in Dr. Keegas's care and remain hopeful. The staff at East Windsor is also amazing. They take care of you and try provide any help you may need along the way.
Describe the protocols Debbra A. Keegan used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
1. Antagonist: only 4 eggs, 1 embryo and it tested PGS abnormal. Determined I was a poor responder. 2. Microdose lupron flare protocol: 10 eggs, 3 embryos for PGS testing: 2 abnormal 1 mosaic. Better response. 3. Microdose lupron flare protocol: 8 eggs, 2 embryos for PGS testing, both abnormal. Suspect egg quality as I am 37. 4. About to start an estrogen priming protocol followed with microdose lupron flare with HGH. Estrogen and HGH to help with egg quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Malinconico)
Jenn Maliconico is compassionate and a great communicator. She has helped me understand all my test results, the cycle calendar (each time), has been an ear for all my concerns and doubts and each time offered condolences each time the cycle hasn't worked. Jenn has found donated medicine for me as paying OOP is a MAJOR concern. I am so grateful that she is my nurse coordinator. Kelly, the clinical assistant, always greets me with a smile and puts me in a good mood. Sara, the ultrasound tech, is always pleasure as well. Gentle, quick and down to earth. Great group of people to see when going through the IVF rollercoaster.
Bloodwork and Ultrasounds are done between 6-8am, first come first serve. Very quick and everyone is pleasant in the morning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Debbra A. Keegan at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Monitoring was billed to insurance, drugs from Schrafts are OOP between 3500-7000 each cycle, cycle costs range from 4500-12000 OOP, egg retrieval 1000 each time to the Surgical Center, CooperGenomics ~$350 per embryo tested, embryo transfer 1000.
Describe Debbra A. Keegan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Dr. Keegan is all about single embryo transfer. If we ever get that far, I will ask for multiple transfer as I am concerned about keeping embryos on ice for years and having issues later with implantation should I be 40+.
East Windsor
Dr. Thompson allowed me to be actively involved in the process,listened to my concerns and addressed all of my needs...it is a stressful time and she gets that. She tries to make the process as smooth as possible and is quick to adjust when necessary. In my particular situation, I was heavily involved in the course of treatment and needed to understand every single step-- she respected that and allowed me to feel comfortable enough to ask every question I had.
Strengths [at IRMS at Saint Barnabas]- close proximity to NYC and easy to get to on public transportation, early morning monitoring hours, great neighborhood, staff is welcoming, organized and professional, short wait times. Weaknesses- its a satellite office so not guaranteed to have all visits/procedures done there. There were times when we had to travel from NYC to Livingston office just for monitoring...My nurse Kim was organized, however wasn't the most approachable or compassionate. Answers to questions were kept short and communications were dry. Had to interact with her either at appointments or via patient portal- so not able to avoid. The IRMS staff was excellent. All of the women there were courteous, professional and attentive.
Dr. Thompson is an amazing doctor. She is compassionate, intelligent, and a great communicator. She listens to her patients, is always well prepared, and has compassion for her patients. It is a stressful time and she gets that. She tries to make the process as smooth as possible and is quick to adjust when necessary. In my particular situation, I was heavily involved in the course of treatment and needed to understand every single step-- she respected that and allowed me to feel comfortable enough to ask every question I had.
Understand that this is a process and results are not guaranteed. You will not see Dr. Thompson every visit and you have to be willing to trust the other staff members and Dr. Thompson's judgment. If something doesn't make sense to you- speak up.
The IRMS staff always greeted me by name. Dr. Thompson and the other attending doctors always greeted me by name and knew my history. Phone calls were always timely returned and information was easily shared. Dr. Thompson allowed me to be actively involved in the process,listened to my concerns and addressed all of my needs.
1st cycle used Clomid (50 mg) w/ Ovidrel (250 mcg injection ) caused visual disturbances- not pregnant 2nd cycle used Femara/Letrazol (2.5mg 2x day for 5 days) w/ Ovidrel (250 mcg injection )- not pregnant 3rd cycle used Femara/Letrazol (2.5mg 2x day for 5 days) w/Ovidrel (250 mcg injection) - pregnant
Strengths- close proximity to NYC and easy to get to on public transportation, early morning monitoring hours, great neighborhood, staff is welcoming, organized and professional, short wait times. Weaknesses- its a satellite office so not guaranteed to have all visits/procedures done there. There were times when we had to travel from NYC to Livingston office just for monitoring.
$50 copay per monitoring visit. Ovidrel was $120 out of pocket or $100 deductible then $40 thereafter Clomid $18 per fill (Not covered by insurance) Letrazol $8 per fill (Covered by insurance)
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Stephanie Thompson] was always compassionate and available throughout the process... gave us realistic expectations. Even when using my own eggs and the chances were extremely low, she still gave us a chance at embryo transfer. When we had a chemical pregnancy, she encouraged us to consider donor eggs. Her goal was to get us pregnant and live out our dream of being parents. Her mission was accomplished when I got pregnant on the first embryo transfer.
They [Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] have multiple locations and making an appointment is easy. You don’t have to wait Long to see a doctor. However on the weekends only 1 or 2 sites are open and it’s really packed for morning monitoring. Everyone is always friendly and helpful...After having a cycle canceled with another clinic, dr Thompson took us on and changed the protocol after we were told by the other clinic there was no other protocol to use. She gave us our best chance as using our own eggs.
Dr Thompson gave us realistic expectations. Even when using my own eggs and the chances were extremely low, she still gave us a chance at embryo transfer. When we had a chemical pregnancy, she encouraged us to consider donor eggs. Her goal was to get us pregnant and live out our dream of being parents. Her mission was accomplished when I got pregnant on the first embryo transfer. However we lost the baby at 5 months. In using a donor. We were disappointed to only get 10 eggs retrieved wondering if she was a good candidate. We are about to do another embryo transfer and we only have 2 good embryos left.
If you’ve never experienced IVF, ask a lot of questions you might have. It’s a lengthy process.
She was always compassionate and available throughout the process
After having a cycle canceled with another clinic, dr Thompson took us on and changed the protocol after we were told by the other clinic there was no other protocol to use. She gave us our best chance as using our own eggs. When I didn’t produce enough eggs, she still gave me the opportunity of egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Unfortunately it ended in a chemical pregnancy, which we knew the chances were high. Next time around she highly encouraged donor eggs to give us the best chance at pregnancy
Very organized and compassionate. We were always in contact
They have multiple locations and making an appointment is easy. You don’t have to wait Long to see a doctor. However on the weekends only 1 or 2 sites are open and it’s really packed for morning monitoring. Everyone is always friendly and helpful.
We used insurance for our ivf cycle but capped out after the cycle. When we did donor cycle we paid out 27,000 which included cryo and icsi.
She only does single embryo transfer
Treated 2017
She is honest and didn't judge me or decide on a treatment based on what categories (age, weight, etc.) I fit into. She doesn't see infertility as a box that we must fit in, rather as an individual who needs individual attention. She calls personally when there is an update good or bad and returns every phone call herself (and quickly!) she is truly vested in my success, health and happiness.... I am 39 and after years of not conceiving and PCOS/Insulin resistance, she recommended IVF. She ran every diagnostic test beforehand to make sure her data was up to date which in turn discovered a new male fertility issue in my husband. She sent him to a Urologist and assured us that with ICSI we will still be able to move forward, just perhaps a month late.
[Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science is] All female- truly understand my experience and offer a safe and nurturing environment. Convenient- part of Saint Barnabas Hospital making it easy to connect with all my doctors. Unique approach- each patient is viewed and treated individually. There is no one size fits all.... I am 39 and after years of not conceiving and PCOS/Insulin resistance, she recommended IVF. She ran every diagnostic test beforehand to make sure her data was up to date which in turn discovered a new male fertility issue in my husband. She sent him to a Urologist and assured us that with ICSI we will still be able to move forward, just perhaps a month late.
How was your experience with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Be in honest about every experience you had before, every fear, concern, worry, etc. Let her see the real you and she will treat you for you. Leave any baggage from previous experiences at the door!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
I began my journey with Dr. Cykleniak in February and are about to begin our first IVF cycle in a few weeks. She is AMAZING. I had a horrible experience at a different clinic and was skeptical about trying a new doctor but we hit it off from the first moment. She is warm, sensitive, humble and interested in getting to know me. She listened and understood my concerns and spoke to me person to person. I have never been so positive or excited about my fertility issues as I am now...and it is all because she sees me as a person, not a statistic, not a file, me.
Describe the protocols Natalie A. Cekleniak used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Lourdes)
They are all warm and wonderful extensions of my team! They make every call, every appointment easy and as stress free as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Everything is covered by my insurance except embryo genetic testing! AMAZING!
Describe Natalie A. Cekleniak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
We haven't gotten that far yet but during our initial conversation it was brought up with regards to quality of embryos and our desire to have twins vs. wait based on my age.
Natalie A. Cekleniak
Treated 2017
Our experience with Dr. Chen has been invaluable. Her knowledge and willingness to educate others has been essential to our process. Dr. Chen consistently made herself available to answer any question we had during the process. In addition, Dr. Chen always made the effort to supply us with resources that extended beyond her clinic.... Dr. Chen is extremely thorough from the onset of treatment throughout the entire process. She is extremely knowledgeable in the field and loves to share the latest information.
The overal atmosphere [at the Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science] is very inviting. Everyone from the front desk employees up to the doctors are the most pleasant people to work with. Communication would be a strength for this clinic. Everyone is always kept up to date with any changes or appointments.... Our nurse coordinator has been attentive throughout the process. We never had any issues with communication. The nurse made herself available to us when we needed her. In addition, she was very well organized and kept the team up to date with any information that needed to be shared.
Be prepared to take it all in! Dr. Chen is extremely thorough from the onset of treatment throughout the entire process. She is extremely knowledgeable in the field and loves to share the latest information.
Dr. Chen is an amazing doctor. Thorough out the process Dr. Chen made time to speak with us personally to keep us up to date on our process as well as making sure we were knowledgeable about each step of the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Mishia Brown)
The overal atmosphere is very inviting. Everyone from the front desk employees up to the doctors are the most pleasant people to work with. Communication would be a strength for this clinic. Everyone is always kept up to date with any changes or appointments.
At this point I wish I had more details to provide regarding fees. We are still in the process of completing the IVF process. We also were very lucky that insurance covered most of the IVF.
Treated 2013 - 2017
She [Dr. Keegan] is to the point, positive and does not beat around the bush. She will give you her honest opinion and has the patients best interest in mind at all times. She is easy to talk to and very easy to reach which to me was very important during the stressful days and process of fertility treatments...Dr Keegan did all of the required testing of myself and my husband before any treatment was started. She then gave us a diagnosis with a positive outlook and started with the least invasive procedure first.
The strengths are the ease of the process. There are early morning monitoring hours which work with an early work schedule. The staff [at IRMS] is friendly and never makes you feel silly for calling with any sort of questions. Infertility is a stressful difficult thing to go through and having a sensitive compassionate team on your side is very important and this office is definitely both of those things. I highly recommend!...Relax atmosphere and great us techs and blood work team who were skilled at the job
Awesome! She is to the point, positive and does not beat around the bush. She will give you her honest opinion and has the patients best interest in mind at all times. She is easy to talk to and very easy to reach which to me was very important during the stressful days and process of fertility treatments.
Ask questions she will give you her expert opinion. Make sure to explain your goals and needs
Easy to talk to, helpful and informative always made contacting her easy and spoke to us in a way that made us feel better about the situation and that she could help us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer malliciano )
Awesome!! Great staff, easy to get ahold of very organized and compassionate
The strengths are the ease of the process. There are early morning monitoring hours which work with an early work schedule. The staff is friendly and never makes you feel silly for calling with any sort of questions. Infertility is a stressful difficult thing to go through and having a sensitive compassionate team on your side is very important and this office is definitely both of those things. I highly recommend!
Easy and convenient. Relax atmosphere and great us techs and blood work team who were skilled at the job
Some was covered by insurance
I had asked for two embryos to be transferred and dr Keegan advised me against it to avoid a high risk pregnancy
Treated 2014 - 2016
When I first came to Dr. Keegan I was very nervous, as well as emotional, and she put me at ease instantly. She made me laugh when I was ready to cry, and when she couldn't make me smile she let me cry on her shoulder. I broke down more than once in her office, and she never made me feel silly or out of line. She's wonderful...When talking to Dr. Keegan, she focuses on you 100%. Constant eye contact, watches out for signs that you're not comprehending or getting overwhelmed, and makes you feel certain that her diagnosis and suggested treatment plan are unique to you and your partner. She's both smart about her field, and a genuinely warm-hearted person who is invested in her patient's success and well-being...
The entire staff of nurses [at Institute for Repro Med & Science at Saint Barnabas - East Windsor] and even administrative assistant are all fantastic. They're kind, polite, timely, and supportive...Clean, friendly atmosphere with free coffee and water while you wait...For my first child we did several failed rounds of just clomid, then ultimately two clomid+IUI cycles with the second being successful. By the end I was up to the maximum dosage of clomid allowed. With my second we did 1 clomid+IUI round, and 2 clomid-only rounds (again, all 3 at the highest dosage of clomid allowed, since we knew that's what it took for my first child)...
If you're looking for a smart, savvy doctor who is kind but tells it like it is and doesn't make you wonder if she's telling you the whole truth, Dr. Keegan is right for you.
The entire staff of nurses and even administrative assistant are all fantastic. They're kind, polite, timely, and supportive.
Clean, friendly atmosphere with free coffee and water while you wait.
I have a lifetime $10,000 fertility treatment budget under my Cigna Open Access Plus insurance (with an HRA), and so I never paid anything out of pocket for my treatment.
Treated 2016
I think she's [Dr.Thompson] been extraordinarily helpful during a very trying process. We're currently going to work with her on a third procedure, fully aware that we have a chance, just not a high one. That's on us though...Dr. Thompson explained everything to us and was realistic about our chances at our ages. I felt that she took the time to listen to concerns and when 1 protocol didn't work, she explained why another would be better...
I like the place [IRMS - Jersey City]. There are multiple locations, although I wish monitoring could take place on the weekends at the satellites, versus the main facility...In the first IVF, the nurse didn't tell us whether the 2nd embryo made it to blast, but I emailed Dr. Thompson and she called me back with the results that same day...She's very helpful and gets back to me via email (my preferred method of communication because it's difficult for me to speak on the phone at work) within a couple of hours...
I think she's been extraordinarily helpful during a very trying process. We're currently going to work with her on a third procedure, fully aware that we have a chance, just not a high one. That's on us though.
I'd definitely say to do some research with ANY reproductive endocrinologist before seeing them. I wasn't calm when we saw her, obviously upset about not conceiving. If I had taken a moment to breathe, I could have looked up IUI and IVF beforehand and decided multiple courses of action before being presented with a whole bunch of information.
Antagonist for IVF 1 - at 40, I have an AMH of 4.86. 9 eggs retrieved, 5 immature, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, only 1 made it to day 5 and tested abnormal. Microdose lupron for IVF 2 (rationale: to get more eggs) - 12 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, 1 arrested by Day 3, 3 arrested at Day 6, 3 arrested at Day 7, 1 made it to blast and tested abnormal. Estrogen priming and microdose lurpon for IVF 3 to start in February 2017. Rationale - egg quality and larger number of eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Pamela VanZant)
I like the place. There are multiple locations, although I wish monitoring could take place on the weekends at the satellites, versus the main facility.
About 10 K OOP for the first, $22 K for the 2nd and a bit under that for the 3rd due to a combined discount, although meds will be more expensive
Treated 2014 - 2016
Dr Chen was quite busy most days, sometimes arriving a little late or cutting our visits a little short. But I believe that was due to her being the director at the facility. But she has a good knowledge base and always remained positive during the 3 years I was under her care.... he’s also available via phone or email to answer questions or concerns. There were many of times that I called her clarity and she was very helpful. But you should also know, while she’s your main doctor, you likely will not get her for your retrieval or transfer, as that’s based on the rotating schedule they have between the doctors at IRMS.
IRMS is a machine. The waiting room at the Livingston office can be intimidating as you may feel like a number until you have one on ones with your nurse/doctor. During my second retrieval, they’d updated their website to allow you to track your progress during the cycles and notated all of the information on the site regarding your progesterone, estrogen, and beta levels. It was good to have that information readily available at your fingertips.
If you can’t have a face to face meeting with Dr. Chen, know that she’s also available via phone or email to answer questions or concerns. There were many of times that I called her clarity and she was very helpful. But you should also know, while she’s your main doctor, you likely will not get her for your retrieval or transfer, as that’s based on the rotating schedule they have between the doctors at IRMS. So if you want to be seen by her exclusively, that will be tough.
While the IRMS clinic seemed to be a machine with respect to the patients, the doctor listened to my concerns, provided recommendations that get “better” results during the second retrieval, and she remained highly positive (while I struggled to believe) that we would have a baby under her care.
My first egg retrieval yielded 9 eggs and for my age at the time that seemed low. During the next cycle, the doctor and nursers provided recommendations to possibly boost egg quality to get better results. While my injectables remained the same, I also took dhea and cq10 for a few months before my second cycle to potentially yeild better egg quality. It was also recommended that I utilize acupuncture, which I did.
The nursing staff was great! As a type A person, I needed to know the status of things at all times and they were very accommodating to my requests and needs. No question or concern was ever too small or silly.
Through the 3 IUIs, 2 egg retrieval’s, and 3 transfers, he cost was approximately $25,000 (inclusive of meds)

Treated 2010 - 2012
Dr Greenseid was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything, never rushed. As we lost out first pregnancy she was truly devastated along with us. She was compassionate when I was afraid of anesthesia, which I had to do several times with her.
In Hoboken it was such a small office it was pretty easy...Livingston was hard to find the first time and they didn't answer the phones on the weekends which was ridiculous...Kim was not my favorite person at IRMS. She assumed that patients knew everything and you had to constantly ask her to explain things.
How was your experience with Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
We were under the care of her practice for almost 2 years so I saw all the doctors and they were all good but she had a special bed side manner that was really nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Trust that she has the experience. We as patients look at others experiences and google everything but she is the one that has truly seen it all and knows how to get you pregnant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr Greenseid was extremely knowledgable and took the time to explain everything, never rushed. As we lost out first pregnancy she was truly devastated along with us. She was compassionate when I was afraid of anesthesia, which I had to do several times with her. She called me when I had my second positive pregnancy test even though it was the nurses job- she called and shrieked with excitement that it was positive and told me to pretend I didn't already know when the nurse called. It was like she was rooting for us all along. She also recommended IVF right away, the first time we met with her and she said " I want to get you pregnant just as bad as you want to get pregnant".
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim Schmidt)
Kim was not my favorite person at IRMS. She assumed that patients knew everything and you had to constantly ask her to explain things. She was short and not so compassionate.
In Hoboken it was such a small office it was pretty easy although they share an office with an OBGYN so you are in a waiting room with pregnant women which I thought was very tacky. The larger office at St Barbabus in Livingston was hard to find the first time and they didn't answer the phones on the weekends which was ridiculous ( if you had never been there and showed up for monitoring you couldn't call anyone to see where to go). The office was huge and it was always busy but they were very quick.
Kim told me to change my protocol once and I didn't think it was correct even though I asked multiple times. The next day I was in for monitoring and asked Dr Greenseid and it was indeed incorrect! Thankfully it didn't destroy my cycle and it was actually the cycle I got pregnant with
Keri Greenseid
Hoboken
Dr Chen is warm, very knowledgeable and no nonsense. She explains everything, answers questions and truly listens to out concerns. She is also very kind when giving bad news, which is something I've struggled with in the past when seeing other doctors.... Dr. Chen was such an amazing find. After being dismissed from 2 OB/GYN because "you're young, you have time. Just wait". She truly listen to my concerns, gathered info on my husband and I, out lifestyle, diet, everything, then proceeded to ask for the tests we needed.
The only weakness I found is that their jersey city office [IRMS] is not so nice looking. Is generally clean and comfortable but I'd hope it to be a little fancier when you're paying thousands of dollars for a treatment.... Nataliya is great. She always gets back to me and answers my emails. She's not as kind and delicate as Dr. Chen but I also appreciate the quick straight to the point info she gives me.... The cycle of ivf (fresh transfer) will cost $9k, plus 5-8 thousand more for medication.
Call way ahead. It took me 6 weeks to get the first appointment.
Dr. Chen was such an amazing find. After being dismissed from 2 OB/GYN because "you're young, you have time. Just wait". She truly listen to my concerns, gathered info on my husband and I, out lifestyle, diet, everything, then proceeded to ask for the tests we needed. Whenever we got a result that wasn't great, she called me personally which was very helpful to discuss options from the get go. We will proceed to do IVF with her and I'd trust her with my eyes closed.
Not there yet, but we'll 100% have to do IVF since my tubes are blocked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Nataliya.)
The only weakness I found is that their jersey city office is not so nice looking. Is generally clean and comfortable but I'd hope it to be a little fancier when you're paying thousands of dollars for a treatment.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Sarah Hessler is amazing. She is very welled mannered. She takes her time with you and your spouse. She discusses everything that has to be done and every worry that is brought up. She responses quickly to me through email or her receptionist.... She understand if an appointment is missed or something came up and will adjust the treatment as necessary. I hope to be having the best results with her! Prayers for 2019
They [Institute for Repro Med & Science at Saint Barnabas] all work as a team with the patient and they take the time out for each patient. The clinic is clean and is set up to fit the patients needs. They are very organized and responsible. The clinic always calls with reminder or rescheduling and they make sure that everything is convenient for you.... Sarah Hessler looks at my case and explain very throughly what needs to be done. She is understanding if an appointment or blood work is missed.
Sarah Hessler is amazing. She is very welled mannered. She takes her time with you and your spouse. She discusses everything that has to be done and every worry that is brought up. She responses quickly to me through email or her receptionist. She is the best doctor I have seen and I can’t wait to move forward. She understand if an appointment is missed or something came up and will adjust the treatment as necessary. I hope to be having the best results with her! Prayers for 2019
Listen to what she has to say. Her opinion might make the biggest difference.
Sarah Hessler looks at my case and explain very throughly what needs to be done. She is understanding if an appointment or blood work is missed. She responds quickly and reassures you of everything. I am happy with her and I can’t wait to keep going. Prayers to iui hopefully end of year
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Always calls with results and put them on portal.
They all work as a team with the patient and they take the time out for each patient. The clinic is clean and is set up to fit the patients needs. They are very organized and responsible. The clinic always calls with reminder or rescheduling and they make sure that everything is convenient for you.
For iui I only have a 30 dollar copay for each visit and ivf would cost 15000 dollars
Clark
She [Dr. Cekleniak] was super relatable and positive. She talked to me with enthusiasm and gave me hope that starting a family with my husband is a very strong possibility. She actually called me with all results.... Best doctor i have ever been too. Her passion for her patients and her practice. Above and beyond what i expected. She caught a problem that no other practitioner has before and for that i am truely grateful
So far so good. I havent had a lot of care team interaction, but the entire office [IRMS] is extremely helpful and caring...The only weakness for me is the in-hospital location and due to current renovations parking and finding your way can be tricky. Strengths are numerous, caring, devoted, personal, understanding, compassionate.... 1 ivf cycle is roughly 17000 total incuding off site fees
Same exact answer as the previous question. Best doctor i have ever been too. Her passion for her patients and her practice. Above and beyond what i expected. She caught a problem that no other practitioner has before and for that i am truely grateful
Be prepaired for positivity and having hope instilled in you
She was super relatable and positive. She talked to me with enthusiasm and gave me hope that starting a family with my husband is a very strong possibility. She actually called me with all results. Not the nurse (not that there is anything wrong with nurses calling) . it made me feel like she truely care. Not just a number at the meat cxcounter... Over all,I plan to send all that are having trouble conceiving to her pratice. With out a doubt.
She is very concerned abot hyper stimulation. Opting for frozen transfer to minimize my risk. Making sure i take care of myself, phyically emotionally
So far so good. I havent had a lot of care team interaction, but the entire office is extremely helpful and caring
The only weakness for me is the in-hospital location and due to current renovations parking and finding your way can be tricky. Strengths are numerous, caring, devoted, personal, understanding, compassionate...and many more
1 ivf cycle is roughly 17000 total incuding off site fees
As a petite woman and a hopeful 1st time mom, i am loveing the single embryo option
Natalie A. Cekleniak

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Keegan goes above and beyond for us. She is incredible and always accessible when we need her. She even helped us fight insurance. She's a gem.... The office, while part of a larger group off offices, is very small. Dr. Keegan is the only doctor at that office and she knows all her patients personally. Whenever we meet with her, she answers all our questions thoroughly and ensures we have a full understanding of what is going on and what is coming down the line.
They [Inst for Repro Med & Science] are organized, offer good hours, are compassionate and very clean! The front desk staff are just as much a part of the treatment process as the nursing staff, and they know you personally, which really helps to feel like you're not just a number.... The office, while part of a larger group off offices, is very small. Dr. Keegan is the only doctor at that office and she knows all her patients personally.
Ask lots of questions if you have them, she gives great advice, anecdotes and examples to help you better understand your issues.
They are organized, offer good hours, are compassionate and very clean! The front desk staff are just as much a part of the treatment process as the nursing staff, and they know you personally, which really helps to feel like you're not just a number.
EXTREMELY efficient and well run!
We haven't gotten to the transfer stage yet but, from what I understand, she and the other doctors within the team believe a eSET is the safest and healthiest approach.
East Windsor
Had male factor infertility which impacted ability to conceive. Tried IUI on chlomid 2x unsuccessful. IVF 1st times was a success. Dr. Mann did explain the likelihood of IUI working and IVF.....Wonderful doctor. Provided detailed information regarding our infertility issues. Was straight forward as for the expectation of treatment and likelihood of success. Her experience and knowledge shines through is her practice.... Happy she recommended single transfer
Overall excellent clinic [IRMS]. Very busy practice but understanding as Dr. Mann and her team are wonderful. Sometime you will have a little wait. Clean office. Great hours for working individuals. Because they are so busy do your research and ask questions.... Amazing team! So personable and caring. I don’t think I could have gone through the process without them...they were so supportive!... Wonderful doctor. Provided detailed information regarding our infertility issues.
Ask lots of questions! They can’t read your mind
Very empathic and informative since day one. Willing to meet with you anytime you had questions and explain further as needed.
Describe the protocols Jessica Salas Mann used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Bernice and Denise )
Overall excellent clinic. Very busy practice but understanding as Dr. Mann and her team are wonderful. Sometime you will have a little wait. Clean office. Great hours for working individuals. Because they are so busy do your research and ask questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
4000 for 2x iui total cost 12000 for Ivf plus meds and facility fees
Describe Jessica Salas Mann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Happy she recommended single transfer as it was a success and clearly explained the risks with multiple transfer given the issue was male factor.
Jessica Salas Mann
Long Branch
Dr. Thompson is extremely personable and reacted to my concerns about our situation in a calm and reasonable manner. She is professional yet compassionate and makes you feel like there are answers to your particular situation and a light at the end of the tunnel....I have only positive things to say about IRMS in Hoboken. The entire team made my experience run as smoothly as it could have and I thank them entirely for becoming pregnant my first round of IVF.
I have only positive things to say about IRMS in Hoboken. From the beginning, the staff was always friendly, professional and responsive. Dr. Thompson is extremely personable and reacted to my concerns about our situation in a calm and reassuring manner. The entire team made my experience run as smoothly as it could have and I thank them entirely for becoming pregnant my first round of IVF.
This is the first step to success!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Kim and the entire staff was available to answer any of my questions regardless of how repetitive or ridiculous they were. Kim sent prescriptions to my pharamacy in a timely manner and was willing to work with my insurance if I had any issues.
I have only positive things to say about IRMS in Hoboken. The entire team made my experience run as smoothly as it could have and I thank them entirely for becoming pregnant my first round of IVF. If you feel like I did in the beginning of this journey, I promise there is hope and this is the first step.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Keegan made me feel like I was her only patient during any consults, appointments and procedures. She was upfront with details and answered every question I had with an accurate answer that was not sugar coated (which I appreciated). Her enthusiasm is unmatched when compared to other MD's I have seen in different specialties...
There were a few mornings I showed up [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science] for monitoring and my nurse had not entered in the appointment ahead of time. The office staff and on site nurse at all those times were phenomenal and resolved the issues within minutes...The lab techs and administrative staff were all very friendly and empathetic towards all patients. They seemed to have good repoir with all patients
Write down questions you have ahead of time that you want to be sure are answered.
Dr. Keegan made me feel like I was her only patient during all consults, phone calls and procedures. When communicating with my nurse, I felt more like a number
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jenn M)
My nurse was very sweet and compassionate, just was unorganized at times during phone calls. She was also very quick during many phone calls which made me feel like a number
There were a few mornings I showed up for monitoring and my nurse had not entered in the appointment ahead of time. The office staff and on site nurse at all those times were phenomenal and resolved the issues within minutes.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Success w/ Doc 7 Eggs Frozen
I had a lot of eggs that were showing up on the sonogram. SO much so that we started off on a low dosage to grow them because Dr. Hughes didn't want me to explode. Despite that, I only had a small amount of viable eggs. It was disappointing and I did a second round of retrieval to get more eggs. Setting the expectation- that you really don't know until the retrieval- made all the difference in terms of handling the disappointment.
They've [Institute for Reproductive Medicine at Science] been around a long time and have many doctors so I was always covered..... Dr. Hughes has extensive history in fertility treatments. I love that she explained how IVF was only really relatively new in terms of truly being effective. The fact that she set expectations during each visit was gratifying and I loved that she only revolved my cycle around her hospital schedule so that she could be the one to do the retrieval.
How was your experience with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
To trust her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Every time I met with the doctor, she seemed to have all the time in the world for me and explained everything to me in terms of science and expectations.
Describe the protocols Patricia Hughes used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
Very easy to work with, kind, gentle.
Strength- they've been around a long time and have many doctors so I was always covered.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I think it was about $10,000 per cycle.
Describe Patricia Hughes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Patricia Hughes