7.3

100 Walnut Ave
Clark, NJ 07066
(973) 322–8286
East Windsor
300-B Princeton Hightstown Rd.
East Windsor, NJ 08520
560 Springfield Ave
Westfield, NJ 07090
(973) 322–8290

Treated 2019 - 2020
If you’re okay with just going along and not having much communication, [Dr. Stephanie Thompson will] be a fine choice. You have to advocate for yourself and ask questions. She’s not going to take the initiative, you have to...While in the office with her she was kind and sympathetic but we only saw her maybe 3 times over the course of 9 months...We once had the first appointment of the day and she walked into the clinic 45 minutes after our appointment started...When speaking after a failed transfer the Dr clearly hadn’t even reviewed my chart— suggesting we do a fresh transfer when the whole reason we were there was because we needed to do PGS testing and thus, a frozen cycle
I don’t know that we were given any rationale, just instructions [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas]. We did Gonal-F, Ganirelix, and Menopur leading up...I went to the pharmacy to pick these up and there were two other prescriptions waiting — more doxycline and medrol. Not once had anyone noted to me that these would be part of the protocol. I had to call to ask what they were for...There was no education other than some videos they sent and it was tough to reach anyone to ask questions. They don’t assign you a specific nurse so no one really knows you or your case.
How was your experience with Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
She was kind when we actually interacted with her, but we barely interacted with her. We were a ‘textbook case’ so I think she just gave very standard treatment. It didn’t work and she didn’t note any suggestions she’d change for the next time. Our appointments were always less than 20 minutes and while my Questions were usually always answered, I just didn’t feel confident and happy leaving the appointments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
If you’re okay with just going along and not having much communication, she’ll be a fine choice. You have to advocate for yourself and ask questions. She’s not going to take the initiative, you have to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
While in the office with her she was kind and sympathetic but we only saw her maybe 3 times over the course of 9 months. They wouldn’t allow phone conversations unless she initiated it, even just to ask questions about change in treatment, they were pushing for an appointment. We once had the first appointment of the day and she walked into the clinic 45 minutes after our appointment started. I wasn’t assigned one particular nurse, and while many (but not all— more on that later) were very kind, no one knew who I was. When speaking after a failed transfer the Dr clearly hadn’t even reviewed my chart— suggesting we do a fresh transfer when the whole reason we were there was because we needed to do PGS testing and thus, a frozen cycle. Even when I went for morning monitoring, many days a week for weeks in a row, no one bothered to remember my name or smile and say hi. The ultrasound techs could’ve been working on a cadaver, they barely even acknowledged me.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Thompson used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I don’t know that we were given any rationale, just instructions. We did Gonal-F, Ganirelix, and Menopur leading up. It was lower dosage as I had a high-ish AMH. My husband was on doxycycline before retrieval and I was on it after. Before transfer I was on estrace for many days, and then PIO injections for a few weeks before and after transfer. I went to the pharmacy to pick these up and there were two other prescriptions waiting — more doxycline and medrol. Not once had anyone noted to me that these would be part of the protocol. I had to call to ask what they were for.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
The main nurse in the Hoboken Office (Kim) is not kind. Anytime I asked her a question she acted as though I was an idiot or it was annoying. There was no education other than some videos they sent and it was tough to reach anyone to ask questions. They don’t assign you a specific nurse so no one really knows you or your case. Paulina was kinder and more helpful, though hard to get a hold of at times. The on call nurses (Jen, Jen, and Aly) and the OR nurse Kathy that I spoke to were GREAT! They were the most pleasant part of this clinic. There’s just very little information or education given.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
It’s dirty and just feels run down. The experience of going for morning monitoring is awful. The ultrasound staff honestly don’t act like you’re a human, give you no info about what’s happening, and barely mumble hello when they walk in. The Hoboken office is gross. The front desk staff is very kind and helpful, at least. Going to Livingston is a pain and they’re the only spot open on weekends and it’s always PACKED. The surgery center is fine, but also very run down. Nothing about it gave me a great feeling. I did outside monitoring while with family a few times and felt much more comfortable at that clinic than I did at my own.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
THE WORST. Everyone’s just cranky and rude and it doesn’t seem organized. My absolute least favorite part of this experience. The monitoring staff in Hoboken and Jersey City both were just cold and unpleasant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Insurance luckily covered most of my care.
Describe Stephanie Thompson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Stephanie Thompson] was kind and sympathetic, but her treatment was her standard treatment he gave to everyone of her other patients...She never thought of the latest research, or anyhing tailored to my ethnicity/background...was the only doctor in the Hoboken location, she saw dozens of patients but also had limited hours. She sticks to standard procedures (for me it was 3 different paths I could take), you barely get a chance to speak to her, its always through her nurse or someone else at the practice. I felt like a number, someone spending all their lifetime max on useless treatment that didn't get us very far.
[Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] was full on weekday mornings, the earlier you get there, the sooner you can be seen. On weekends you have to go to their Livingston location, and that could take up to 3 hours to be monitored. It's pretty bad either way..They need to start to tailor their protocol per patient a bit more, and let the patient see the doctor more often or be able to talk to them. They are definitely maximizing their profit with the least amount of work. They don't understand patient don't have all the money in the world to spend. Because of this clinic, we ended up using all of our lifetime max.
Dr. Thompson was the only doctor in the Hoboken location, she saw dozens of patients but also had limited hours. She sticks to standard procedures (for me it was 3 different paths I could take), you barely get a chance to speak to her, its always through her nurse or someone else at the practice. I felt like a number, someone spending all their lifetime max on useless treatment that didn't get us very far. Her explanation was diminished ovarian reserve, blocked tube, and male infertility factor. She never thought of the latest research, or anyhing tailored to my ethnicity/background.
If you really would like to try her out, and can afford it, do no more than one round with her. I would recommend going to one of the other locations, but even there, you are a number.
She was kind and sympathetic, but her treatment was her standard treatment he gave to everyone of her other patients.
we started with antagonist I believe. The second time it was the opposite, but with priming (birth control pills).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim Neilley)
The main nurse was rude, I understand she does this everyday. As a patient spending a lot of money, worrying about your own body, and if you can even have a child in the future- she doesn't have patience to explain anything. I have e-mails to her panicking when I first received all my medication - I was overwhelmed, she never went through a training. All the information given to us was outdated. I don't expect coddling, but I do expect education. Patients are not medical experts, and I highly doubt medical experts want their patients to resort to googling how to inject. The rest of the staff (with the exception of the women who drew blood and were at the front desk) were extremely cold and rude. They just wanted to do the next ultrasound and go home and "keep the line moving". The nurse had us throw away expensive medication before our second round (which costs $6k) because the insurance will always cover it. We blew through our lifetime max because of stuff like this.
They have too few doctors for the number of patients in hoboken, they need a kinder nursing staff, and they need to update their standard of care towards their protocols. They need to start to tailor their protocol per patient a bit more, and let the patient see the doctor more often or be able to talk to them. They are definitely maximizing their profit with the least amount of work. They don't understand patient don't have all the money in the world to spend. Because of this clinic, we ended up using all of our lifetime max.
It was full on weekday mornings, the earlier you get there, the sooner you can be seen. On weekends you have to go to their Livingston location, and that could take up to 3 hours to be monitored. It's pretty bad either way.
n/a, we didn't do embryo transfer with her.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
They provided zero patient education regarding administering medication, understanding financials, they billed us incorrectly and were extremely unorganized. They claim they work as "a team" but they don't. We asked them to be careful financially so we can understand what we're doing before moving too far, and that was a failure.
Hoboken

I like a lot of explanation, and I have had to push to get my questions answered [by Dr. Stephanie Thompson]...answers questions completely, you just have to get the appointment to ask her...My cycles have been Clomid and a converted-to-natural because a cyst formed from the Clomid. There is no plan to change from Clomid for my current cycle, despite the cyst. Both completed IUIs resulted in negative pregnancy tests. Dr Thompson’s recommendation has been to go directly to IVF since the beginning, but my insurance requires three IUI cycles to cover IVF.
Kim [nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] often appeared irritated by my questions on the phone. I got the impression that she had too much on her plate...Infertility is difficult and unpredictable, and IRMS did not specifically make that easier for me...The Hoboken office shares space with an OB-GYN, so you will likely be in the waiting room with infants. On the weekends you will need to travel to Livingston for treatment, which can be inconvenient. The patient portal is useful, but the billing section is very confusing, and I had to make a request to be emailed invoices before paying a bill. Otherwise the staff is very responsive to calls and emails.
I like a lot of explanation, and I have had to push to get my questions answered. I would recommend requesting a consultation appointment after each (failed) cycle, because the clinic does not automatically schedule them. Dr. Thompson answers questions completely, you just have to get the appointment to ask her.
Keep track of your treatment plan yourself and be sure to advocate for yourself.
This clinic has a lot of patients, and you need to keep careful track of what your individual treatment plan is, as you may have to remind them about things you have discussed with the doctor.
Kim often appeared irritated by my questions on the phone. I got the impression that she had too much on her plate.
My insurance covered most of it. Ovidrel injections were about $200 each.
I’m not sure if my experience at IRMS is very different from other clinics. Infertility is difficult and unpredictable, and IRMS did not specifically make that easier for me.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Thompson's explanations were vague and lacked a detailed understanding of our file. She wasn't able to synthesize relevant information, so that we could make informed decisions about course of treatment...overlooked at least two major potential causes of our infertility which our new clinic immediately picked up on through routine testing...I never saw Dr. Thompson beyond the initial consultation appointments...
IRMS exhibited a troubling lack of attention to detail, was poorly organized, and treated me and my husband like numbers at best...overlooked at least two major potential causes of our infertility which our new clinic immediately picked up on through routine testing... There was often a long wait, especially on the weekends. There were so many people the clinic crammed in at once on the weekends that there were not even enough chairs to seat everyone in the large waiting room. Doctors never did monitoring during the weekdays, and then when you saw them on the weekends, they were irritated if you asked questions, as they were rushed to try to get through the masses of women in for monitoring.
Do not let sheer convenience dictate your choice of doctor.
My experience at this clinic doing three rounds of failed IVF was terrible, and I regret not switching to a better clinic sooner due to sheer convenience. Among other things, the wrong medications were ordered for me, the instructions for taking medications were on one occasion incorrect, the clinic’s after-hours answering service didn’t work more than once, I was improperly billed for services I couldn’t have possibly consumed, and important test results weren’t timely communicated to me. Unlike my current clinic, the doctors at IRMS were barely involved, and I never saw Dr. Thompson beyond the initial consultation appointments. Dr. Thompson overlooked at least two major potential causes of our infertility which our new clinic immediately picked up on through routine testing. Moreover, Dr. Thompson provided at best vague, incomplete information compared to our current doctor. Test results and instructions were almost always released after my assigned nurse left for the day which meant getting any questions answered was an ordeal. When I could actually reach my assigned nurse, she seemed rushed and as if she didn’t want to be bothered with me. The daily testing times were exceedingly narrow, unlike at my current clinic, and the wait times were almost always unreasonably long, especially on the weekends. The Hoboken office is shared with an OBGYN practice, so you will frequently see babies and pregnant women, whom other clinics actually prohibit in waiting rooms for physical and emotional health reasons. Overall, IRMS exhibited a troubling lack of attention to detail, was poorly organized, and treated me and my husband like numbers at best.
Monitoring hours were extremely limited. There was often a long wait, especially on the weekends. There were so many people the clinic crammed in at once on the weekends that there were not even enough chairs to seat everyone in the large waiting room. Doctors never did monitoring during the weekdays, and then when you saw them on the weekends, they were irritated if you asked questions, as they were rushed to try to get through the masses of women in for monitoring.
Among other things, the wrong medications were ordered for me, the instructions for taking medications were on one occasion incorrect, the clinic’s after-hours answering service didn’t work more than once, I was improperly billed for services I couldn’t have possibly consumed, and important test results weren’t timely communicated to me. Dr. Thompson overlooked at least two major potential causes of our infertility which our new clinic immediately picked up on through routine testing.
Hoboken
Dr. Thompson allowed me to be actively involved in the process,listened to my concerns and addressed all of my needs...it is a stressful time and she gets that. She tries to make the process as smooth as possible and is quick to adjust when necessary. In my particular situation, I was heavily involved in the course of treatment and needed to understand every single step-- she respected that and allowed me to feel comfortable enough to ask every question I had.
Strengths [at IRMS at Saint Barnabas]- close proximity to NYC and easy to get to on public transportation, early morning monitoring hours, great neighborhood, staff is welcoming, organized and professional, short wait times. Weaknesses- its a satellite office so not guaranteed to have all visits/procedures done there. There were times when we had to travel from NYC to Livingston office just for monitoring...My nurse Kim was organized, however wasn't the most approachable or compassionate. Answers to questions were kept short and communications were dry. Had to interact with her either at appointments or via patient portal- so not able to avoid. The IRMS staff was excellent. All of the women there were courteous, professional and attentive.
Dr. Thompson is an amazing doctor. She is compassionate, intelligent, and a great communicator. She listens to her patients, is always well prepared, and has compassion for her patients. It is a stressful time and she gets that. She tries to make the process as smooth as possible and is quick to adjust when necessary. In my particular situation, I was heavily involved in the course of treatment and needed to understand every single step-- she respected that and allowed me to feel comfortable enough to ask every question I had.
Understand that this is a process and results are not guaranteed. You will not see Dr. Thompson every visit and you have to be willing to trust the other staff members and Dr. Thompson's judgment. If something doesn't make sense to you- speak up.
The IRMS staff always greeted me by name. Dr. Thompson and the other attending doctors always greeted me by name and knew my history. Phone calls were always timely returned and information was easily shared. Dr. Thompson allowed me to be actively involved in the process,listened to my concerns and addressed all of my needs.
1st cycle used Clomid (50 mg) w/ Ovidrel (250 mcg injection ) caused visual disturbances- not pregnant 2nd cycle used Femara/Letrazol (2.5mg 2x day for 5 days) w/ Ovidrel (250 mcg injection )- not pregnant 3rd cycle used Femara/Letrazol (2.5mg 2x day for 5 days) w/Ovidrel (250 mcg injection) - pregnant
Strengths- close proximity to NYC and easy to get to on public transportation, early morning monitoring hours, great neighborhood, staff is welcoming, organized and professional, short wait times. Weaknesses- its a satellite office so not guaranteed to have all visits/procedures done there. There were times when we had to travel from NYC to Livingston office just for monitoring.
$50 copay per monitoring visit. Ovidrel was $120 out of pocket or $100 deductible then $40 thereafter Clomid $18 per fill (Not covered by insurance) Letrazol $8 per fill (Covered by insurance)
Hoboken
Dr. Thompson suggested that she will most likely prescribe Letrozole with a ovulation trigger shot. I have one child that I had naturally, so I am assuming that is why she didn't jump into suggesting IUI or IVF right away. I appreciate that!...really took her time getting to know myself and my husband. She answered all of our questions and we did not feel rushed...She thoroughly explained what she was doing/testing every step of the way. I am still in the diagnosis stage of my treatment, but I feel ask though Dr. Thompson has the right plan for me. I told her that I may have PCOS but she wanted me to get tested for it just to be sure since I wasn't positive. She did not push the most expensive treatment on me. I appreciate her honesty and the time that she spent with myself and my husband during our consultation.
Kim [nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] was very organized. She knew her stuff, and was great at explaining the steps that we had to take. I feel that she could be more compassionate...The clinic appeared to be very clean and organized. The exam room was very clean and the temperature was just right. The bathrooms are clean as well. The front desk was efficient. Not overly nice, but they were pleasant enough.
Dr. Thompson has excellent bedside manner. She thoroughly explained what she was doing/testing every step of the way. I am still in the diagnosis stage of my treatment, but I feel ask though Dr. Thompson has the right plan for me. I told her that I may have PCOS but she wanted me to get tested for it just to be sure since I wasn't positive. She did not push the most expensive treatment on me. I appreciate her honesty and the time that she spent with myself and my husband during our consultation.
She seems like a very compassionate Dr. Just make sure that you come prepared with your entire health history and background so that she can make the right course of treatment for you.
Dr. Thompson really took her time getting to know myself and my husband. She answered all of our questions and we did not feel rushed.
I have not been prescribed any drugs yet, but Dr. Thompson suggested that she will most likely prescribe Letrozole with a ovulation trigger shot. I have one child that I had naturally, so I am assuming that is why she didn't jump into suggesting IUI or IVF right away. I appreciate that!
Kim was very organized. She knew her stuff, and was great at explaining the steps that we had to take. I feel that she could be more compassionate.
So far I only had to pay for my first consultation and pelvic ultrasound. It was just over $300. My bloodwork was covered 100% by my insurance.
This is N/A to me.
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Margaret Graf Garrisi] was not always the doctor that saw me, or did procedures. I only consulted with her if something went wrong. She was a sweet doctor but sometimes i felt there was a lot of miscommunications and at times i felt like maybe she didn’t know what she was doing knowing my issues. She would give me wrong dosages, at wrong times and would have to cancel cycles. It was a lot of frustrations.
The staff [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] was polite at time but not always sensitive to the patients needs. They had an attitude at times and as you read in my whole journey, they screwed a few times with the medications and times to take the medications and not one apologized for their mistake. Only the doctor called to apologize but i wrote an email to my nurse and she never acknowledged it. As an infertility patient, who went through a nightmare of a journey, they should be more understanding. Some where nice.
How was your experience with Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
She was not always the doctor that saw me, or did procedures. I only consulted with her if something went wrong. She was a sweet doctor but sometimes i felt there was a lot of miscommunications and at times i felt like maybe she didn’t know what she was doing knowing my issues. She would give me wrong dosages, at wrong times and would have to cancel cycles. It was a lot of frustrations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Be patient and always ask for her to get back to you, to check you or monitor you, not a technician or a nurse. Communicate well with her and ask her to explain things instead of just rambling on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
I felt like a human because they took the time to consult with me, call me by my name, not a number and treat me like i was a priority. However, i will not put 100% because sometimes they were insensitive to me as a infertility patient.
Describe the protocols Margaret Graf Garrisi used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I will display my full journey. I was diagnosed with PCOS, an ovulatory dysfunction and a blocked dysfunctional tube. met with dr. Garrisi on 10/18/2017 after being referred to her by my gyno. had an ultrasound done. Prescribed Provera and started taking it on 10/19 for the next 7 days. ** Nurse said once I start bleeding on the first day to call them to schedule an appt. for an HSG test. Started first pill of Provera, same day. Few days later, 6th day of pill, a few clots of blood, Spotting. On November 6th had a Saline Sono done. Days later i followed up wit Dr Garrisi, discuss the surgery for removing the polyps. Blood work and ultrasound. Discussed My husband’s blood work and mine. He is a carrier of genetic disorder and I’m negative. (Nothing to worry about) On the 16th- started taking birth control as prescribed to stop my cycle, waiting for surgery schedule date. Surgery scheduled for 12/11 at 10am. Went well. Surgery done on 12/11 - went well. follow up after surgery. found out my polyps were benign but have a chronic endometriosis infection on my uterus lining. Prescribed antibiotics for 14 days to cure the infection. RWas told on the 2nd week to make an appt for the 3rd or 4th week to have follow up biopsy done again. Cervix is back to normal. 12/23 - started taking the antibiotics. Metronidazole 3x a day Doxycycline 2x a day 14 days. *2018* 1/5 - ended the two week antibiotics. Follow up appt done for the 4th week, on 1/17 3 pm No bleeding since. 1/17- follow up appt with dr. Garrisi, has a biopsy done to check if the infection is gone. 1/25 - results in... infection gone. Dr wants to do a saline sono once my period comes to double check if everything is okay to proceed. Need to get on the pill for my period to come. 1/29 - blood work and ultra sound to put me on medroxyprogesterone. 1/30 - started taking the pill for 7 days (call dr. office at cycle day ) 2/13 - Cycle day 1. Called to make the Saline sono for Wednesday 2/21. (Cycle day 9) 2/21 - Saline sono - everything is good and prescribed meds to start the ivf cycle Started birth control at 8:51 pm to stop my cycle For the next 5 days. Cycle day 9. IVF cycle treatment starts March 3rd 2018. 3/3 - started IVF cycle. appt in Livingston, blood work and ultrasound. First injection of gonal F pen 225 units and menapur 75 units. 7:30 pm Saturday, Sunday and Monday only. Tuesday 3/6 appt at 7 am Hoboken. 3/4 - cycle 3 - bleeding less not as heavy. Injections day 2. 3/6 - blood work and an ultrasound in Hoboken. 7 am. Continue injections. Menapur, gonal F and cetotide 3/8 - cycle day 24 - blood work and ultrasound 7 am Hoboken - tech said i had a lot of follicles and that’s good! Take three injections as usual. 6th day of stimming. 3/9 - cycle day 25. Blood work and ultrasound 7 am Hoboken. 3rd time this week. One shot of HCG at 11:30 pm, no other shots. Found out the retrieval is Sunday!!!! 3/10 - cycle day 26. Cramping a lot, a lot of pain. No shots. 3/11 - cycle day 27. Retrieval surgery done at 11:30 am by dr. Thompson Took out 15 follicles/eggs. Went well but In a lot of pain. Starting new medication. Shot of progesterone and two sets of pills. So much pain! 3/12- pain!!!!! Cycle day 28. Found out only 4 eggs fertilized. 3/13 - pain decreased but still there. Cycle day 29. 3/14 - not the greatest of news! Estrogen Levels are really highly 5860 and i have OHSS. Couldn’t do the transfer on day 3. Pain still there. 3/16 - we decided to cancel the day 5 transfer. Ovaries are still enlarged even though my levels went down to 3000 but doctor said it was wise to cancel and wait till next month to do the transfer. I’m okay with this decision, my health comes first. I could’ve gotten very sick. Less pain but still feel it. Super bloated from the fluids in my uterus and back. 3/18- learned the 3rd embryo didn’t make it and i could’ve miscarried. Did not get frozen and i only have two day 3 embies. 3/21 - blood work and ultrasound- estrogen levels are back to normal, ovaries still a little large but everything is healing good. Have a few ovarian cysts due to the retrieval, which according to dr garassi, will go away. 3/27 - appt for blood work and ultrasound. I’m okay. Starting birth control pills to control the cycle, evening. 3/28 - period gone. Cycle day 4 - 2nd day on bc pill. 3/29 - cycle day 5, follow up with dr. Garrisi, everything went well. Will start the meds next week and transfer will be scheduled for 4/24 or 4/25 or 4/26 4/2 - last day of birth control pill. Cycle day 9. 4/3 - follow up for monitoring. Asked to stop the bc pill and will hopefully start Saturday the hormone pills. 4/5 - cycle day 12. Everything normal so far. 4/7 - appt in Livingston- found a lot of cysts in the ovaries and must continue birth control till Thursday. Was not able to start hormones. 4/12 - last day of birth control pill. Monitoring check up Tuesday. 4/17 - no bleeding, doctors appt. I’m okay to start the estrace tonight. 2 pills 2x a day. 4 mg (HERE WE GO! Starting the cycle again!) 4/21 - monitoring, hormone levels went up from 48 on Tuesday 4/17 to 208 and was Told to start taking 2 pills 3x a time. 6 mg. 4/23 - blood work; everything came out okay to continue pills. Levels 296. 4/30 - Doctor appt for monitoring, everything came out okay. Received the email that I’m ready to start preparing for the embryo transfer and it’s scheduled for 5/7. MONDAY IS THE BIG DAY!! start all the rest of the meds and injections on Wednesday. 5/7- was not the big day!!! A huge mistake with the medications happened and the injections were given to me two days too soon and the transfer should’ve been on 5/5 not 5/7. My heart broke! Second time this process has been cancelled. Have to start all over again due to the staffs mistake. Have to wait for my period to come. Stopped meds. 5/14 - first day of period, spoke to nurse Kim, refilled my hormone medications and hopefully after monitoring tomorrow, i can start Tuesday May 15th. 5/15 - appt for usual. Everything came out okay to start hormones today. Second time starting meds for the thaw cycle., third time starting hormones for the IVF cycle. Started estradiol two tablets twice a day, to Friday. Saturday, appt in Livingston 5/23 - day 9 on hormones. doctors appt for monitoring. One week completed. 6/4 - transfer day!!! Two baby embies went in! Finally. 6/15 - positive result. I’m pregnant! My HCG BETA levels are low (22) but have to go in Monday to test again and see if they rising up. Staying positive!! nurse says it’s too soon. 6/18 - results stated i lost the embryos and had an early miscarriage. In July went for a follow up and found out my insurance will no longer cover another treatment and must pay out of pocket. I was not told this during my first and only cycle that it would be my only shot. It was a nightmare of journey which ended up in a big disappointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim Neilley )
The staff was polite at time but not always sensitive to the patients needs. They had an attitude at times and as you read in my whole journey, they screwed a few times with the medications and times to take the medications and not one apologized for their mistake. Only the doctor called to apologize but i wrote an email to my nurse and she never acknowledged it. As an infertility patient, who went through a nightmare of a journey, they should be more understanding. Some where nice.
Technicians and nurses who draw blood see you more than your own nurse and doctor. The financial aspect of the clinic and most nurses can be rude. Be patient and if you don’t feel comfortable, find a new clinic.
I would have liked for my doctor to monitor me but it was always a technician who never said a word to me but good morning and have a good day. Never worried about hurting me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
My insurance had a limit of $10000 for infertility treatments once in a lifetime
Treated 2015 - 2018
Most of the nurses [at IRMS] and even the lab technicians were great, but the Hoboken main nurse was often cold and often seemed annoyed. However, they are doing what the doctor tells them to do and although she was not pleasant, I care much more about my doctor, so the nurses personality was really not much of a concern for me.... Their strength is working with you financially and being responsive. Advice would be if you are having trouble to talk to someone and find the right person to help you
Dr. Thompson was great and I would recommend her to anyone. Although the I did not get pregnant, I believe she did everything in her power to help me. She was realistic with me and even though I knew egg donor was a possibility and we discussed it, I never felt she pushed it on me (as I have heard from friends about their doctors). She was always willing to listen to my concerns and was very compassionate. She was sensitive to the fininacial stress of infertility as well as all the emotional stress. I think a lot of people write bad reviews of doctors when they do not get pregnant, but it’s not her job to perform miracles, it’s her job to work to the best of her ability to help us achieve a pregnancy. Unfortunately, she is not magic and she is working with the human body. She can not control my advanced age or medical problems. She did everything she could to help me and was sincerely disappointed with me when it did not work. She is supportive, knowledgeable, kind and available and that is really everything I wanted in a doctor.
If you need more from her, just be kind and ask and if it is a realistic expectation she will probably be willing help you!
Dr. Thompson was always kind and recognized me when I was there for appointments. It would not even occur to me to say I was treated like a number.
I went through 4-6 (can’t remember exactly) egg retrievals and we honestly used almost every protocol available.
Most of the nurses and even the lab technicians were great, but the Hoboken main nurse was often cold and often seemed annoyed. However, they are doing what the doctor tells them to do and although she was not pleasant, I care much more about my doctor, so the nurses personality was really not much of a concern for me.
Their strength is working with you financially and being responsive. Advice would be if you are having trouble to talk to someone and find the right person to help you. The receptionist in Hoboken and also Vic Marie went above and beyond to help me many times.
Sometimes on the weekends (in Livingston) I waited a little, but in Hoboken and Jersey City I felt there was very little wait.
I worked with Lisa in finance and I really don’t remember the total of everything over 4 years.
Treated 2017 - 2018
[Dr. Margaret Graf Garrisi] has been candid and compassionate along the way and this has made my husband and I feel more comfortable with the process. She has explained everything in a way that is easy to digest, even if it's not been the information we were hoping for at the time...She is thorough and she provides answers to all of your questions but be certain to take notes so you can reflect on it all after you've left the appointment.
The minimum cost for one cycle [at IRMS] will be $12,000. If we opt to do two cycles then we will be faced with a cost of approximately $21,000...I do not have any complaints with IRMS. They have flexible hours, a friendly staff and they are close to where I live. Given that I am in a situation with trying to conceive that I certainly didn't want to find myself in, the treatment and response from this clinic has been overall positive and has made me feel better.
We have not yet started our cycle so we've only had a few appointments with the doctor. However, she has been candid and compassionate along the way and this has made my husband and I feel more comfortable with the process. She has explained everything in a way that is easy to digest, even if it's not been the information we were hoping for at the time.
Take notes! She is thorough and she provides answers to all of your questions but be certain to take notes so you can reflect on it all after you've left the appointment.
Dr. Garrisi has always made our concerns and questions feel valid. She is patient, thorough and direct. We really appreciate her approach and her positive, yet honest communication style.
Again, since we haven't started our cycle (but are hoping to later this spring), this is difficult to answer. I have my list of medications planned but this will all be finalized as we get closer to the start date.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim McNeilly)
All of the nurses and staff have been patient, kind and quick to respond to my questions/emails/messages. It's been a very positive experience and for that I am very grateful.
The minimum cost for one cycle will be $12,000. If we opt to do two cycles then we will be faced with a cost of approximately $21,000.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Thompson is sweet and I'm sure she is a capable doctor. That said, I had almost no interaction with her or any doctors throughout my cycle...I was suspected of having endometriosis (endometrioma on one ovary), and was given an antagonist protocol (225 Follistim, 75 Menopur). After my cycle failed, I was told I was a low responder despite having normal AMH levels... The clinic [IMRS] has multiple doctors, nurses, and staff on rotation, and you see whoever is working that day. I did not feel like I got any individual attention, and was not updated with the status of things at all.
It seems that IRMS has too many patients for individual attention....The clinic is well organized during monitoring hours, and you'll be in and out of the office quickly. The phlebotomist team is exceptional, and they were my favorite part of visiting the office. The online portal is nice and convenient. The clinic has multiple doctors, nurses, and staff on rotation, and you see whoever is working that day...You also have to go to the Livingston office for any procedures.
Dr. Thompson is sweet and I'm sure she is a capable doctor. That said, I had almost no interaction with her or any doctors throughout my cycle. It didn't seem like anyone was reading my charts, and even after my cycle had failed, she wasn't familiar with my condition or retrieval results. It seems that IRMS has too many patients for individual attention.
Email her directly with questions or update every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim N.)
I was assigned a primary nurse, but I only interacted with her once or twice during my cycle. Whichever nurse is on call at the moment will reach out to you with instructions. Aside from Natalia in the Livingston Office, the nurses aren't very friendly, but will get you instructions in a timely fashion. One of the night-time on call nurses was outwardly annoyed that I called her about pain and a swollen hand vein after IV administration.
The clinic is well organized during monitoring hours, and you'll be in and out of the office quickly. The phlebotomist team is exceptional, and they were my favorite part of visiting the office. The online portal is nice and convenient. The clinic has multiple doctors, nurses, and staff on rotation, and you see whoever is working that day. I did not feel like I got any individual attention, and was not updated with the status of things at all. Also, it was annoying to have to drive to Livingston on weekends and holidays. You also have to go to the Livingston office for any procedures.
Monitoring hours are well-organized. If you go to a branch office like Hoboken, there is an ultrasound technician. If you go to Livingston on the weekends or holidays, a doctor will give you your ultrasound.
$3775 for monitoring (ultrasounds, office visits, and various blood tests); $10725 for procedure/embryology fees, ICSI would be an additional $2120 if needed; Embryo cryopreservation is $1350; PGD biopsy is $2500; PGD testing is through an outside company and would be an additional ~$6000; Surgery center fees were ~$1500; anesthesia fee was around $600. We had insurance, so we had insurance adjustments. I was told that if you pay everything out of pocket, the IVF procedure/embryology fees would be around $9000, which does not include monitoring.
A different doctor did my embryo transfer. We transferred our only two embryos on day 3 because they were low quality.
I was a low responder to the IVF drugs, but was not told this until after my cycle had failed. I had to call the office to ask if it was appropriate to proceed, given that the ultrasound technician only found two follicles.
Treated 2016 - 2018
I felt as though it took several cycles to get the personalized care my body needed. Once Dr. Garrisi figured out what that was she was very attentive and created the best path to get me pregnant....Dr. Garissi is straight and to the point. She talks in scientific terms but she does know what she’s doing. She is not warm and fuzzy, but I do trust her and eventually she got us to our desired outcome, which she was determined to do.
They [IRMS] know what they are doing. They are good at what they do. At times, you feel like a number, instead of a human who should be receiving very personalized care...Lines could be very long as could the waits. The earlier you got there before monitoring the better...Kim was responsive and answered all questions I had. I did not feel as though she went above and beyond to check in on me or make sure that I felt comfortable with each step of treatment.
Advocate for yourself. You know your body best- even better than a doctor does.
Chloymid natural cycle, chloymid iui, two glonal f IUIs. Medicated egg retrieval with frozen transfer. First transfer was cancelled due to an infection. Second transfer over 1 year after beginning treatment was a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim )
They know what they are doing. They are good at what they do. At times, you feel like a number, instead of a human who should be receiving very personalized care. In the end, they gave us our greatest gift.
Lines could be very long as could the waits. The earlier you got there before monitoring the better. With the amount of women there on any given day, I do think they managed time well.
Insurance covered most of our costs other than copays and yearly rate to freeze our embryos ($15 each visit, and $1300 for the year).
Describe Margaret Graf Garrisi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I appreciated Dr. Garissi not transferring an embryo until she was sure the environment was 100 percent right, although the cancelled cycles made for a difficult road at the time.
Treated 2017 - 2018
We really respect Dr. Garrisi for her experience and knowledge...She has caught very difficult to catch conditions and is extremely knowledgeable...Dr. Garrisi has always been completely honest and given us answers when we have requested them. She has shown some sympathy, but made sure to be honest and upfront, which we respect. We want answers and solutions over bedside manner...My doctor is also very quick to return calls.
Pros: My clinic [IRMS] is close by and it's very easy to get in and out quickly when I have to go for bloodwork/ultrasounds. Weaknesses: Nothing really so far...the wait on the weekends can be pretty long, unfortunately...The Hoboken clinic was run like a well-oiled machine. I get very stressed at ultrasounds because the technician cannot discuss your scans and it causes a tremendous amount of anxiety...
We really respect Dr. Garrisi for her experience and knowledge. In addition, her husband, who also comes highly recommended, works in the lab. I spoke to 5 of her patients on the phone (I found them on Facebook) and spoke to each one of them for an hour asking about their experience and if they would recommend her. Out of those 5, 4 said they would highly recommend her. She has caught very difficult to catch conditions and is extremely knowledgeable.
I would recommend that they also reach out to other patients/former patients of Dr. Garrisi's. It's important to feel good/confident about choosing the right fertility doctor. You are spending a ridiculous amount of money and you want to make sure you feel you have made the right choice. The doctor must not only have a great deal of fertility knowledge to understand your condition, but they also must be able to help you focus on solutions to get you your wanted end result, a baby!
Drugs for Egg Retrieval: Follistim (900 iu), Menapur (25 vials), Ganirelix (250 mg), ACG (One 10 unit Vile) Progesterone Olive Oil (Two 10mg vials), Methylprednisolone (Four 16 mg tablets) and Doxycline (Eight 100 mg capsules). Drugs for Transfer: I was on BC for about 10 days (I believe that's how many days), Estrace and Progesterone. I think I also took Doxycline. Throughout this whole process, I was also taking Metformin (not prescribed by Dr. Garrisi, but used to regulate my period) and Vitafol Prenatal.
Pros: My clinic is close by and it's very easy to get in and out quickly when I have to go for bloodwork/ultrasounds. My doctor is also very quick to return calls. Weaknesses: Nothing really so far. I wish the weekend clinic was closer to my home... And the wait on the weekends can be pretty long, unfortunately.
The Hoboken clinic was run like a well-oiled machine. I get very stressed at ultrasounds because the technician cannot discuss your scans and it causes a tremendous amount of anxiety. I wish this part was done by a doctor.
IRMS is located in Hoboken (City) and located right next to NYC... It's a very expensive town, so the bills have coincided with the location, fairly expensive.
I have heard that single embryo transfer has much healthier results. I'm 39 years old and don't want to risk multiple pregnancies, risking the health of the babies.
Treated 2017
Our experience with Dr. Chen has been invaluable. Her knowledge and willingness to educate others has been essential to our process. Dr. Chen consistently made herself available to answer any question we had during the process. In addition, Dr. Chen always made the effort to supply us with resources that extended beyond her clinic.... Dr. Chen is extremely thorough from the onset of treatment throughout the entire process. She is extremely knowledgeable in the field and loves to share the latest information.
The overal atmosphere [at the Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science] is very inviting. Everyone from the front desk employees up to the doctors are the most pleasant people to work with. Communication would be a strength for this clinic. Everyone is always kept up to date with any changes or appointments.... Our nurse coordinator has been attentive throughout the process. We never had any issues with communication. The nurse made herself available to us when we needed her. In addition, she was very well organized and kept the team up to date with any information that needed to be shared.
How was your experience with Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Be prepared to take it all in! Dr. Chen is extremely thorough from the onset of treatment throughout the entire process. She is extremely knowledgeable in the field and loves to share the latest information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Chen is an amazing doctor. Thorough out the process Dr. Chen made time to speak with us personally to keep us up to date on our process as well as making sure we were knowledgeable about each step of the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Mishia Brown)
The overal atmosphere is very inviting. Everyone from the front desk employees up to the doctors are the most pleasant people to work with. Communication would be a strength for this clinic. Everyone is always kept up to date with any changes or appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
At this point I wish I had more details to provide regarding fees. We are still in the process of completing the IVF process. We also were very lucky that insurance covered most of the IVF.
Serena Chen
Treated 2015 - 2016
Stephanie [Dr. Thompson] didn't even look at my labs when I went in for a consult. As it turned out I had low vitamin D and low thyroid function that both went untreated until I sought out research for myself. She did little to explain the procedures involved in IUI and only recommended IVF without any other suggestions/options. It literally felt like I was a wallet to her. She also told me my ovaries looked "polyp-y" and that's why I was diagnosed with PCOS even though I literally didn't have any other symptoms of it. She told me I had "typical NYC PCOS" meaning I was thin.
There was only one nurse I spoke with at the [IRMS] Hoboken site, and when I asked her questions about my treatment protocol she was short, and rude. She came across like someone who didn't want to deal with a patient asking questions.... I was treated like a number and not a person. My results were rarely shared with me unless I specifically asked, and there wasn't any follow-up on my well being after the procedures I did did.
Stephanie didn't even look at my labs when I went in for a consult. As it turned out I had low vitamin D and low thyroid function that both went untreated until I sought out research for myself. She did little to explain the procedures involved in IUI and only recommended IVF without any other suggestions/options. It literally felt like I was a wallet to her. She also told me my ovaries looked "polyp-y" and that's why I was diagnosed with PCOS even though I literally didn't have any other symptoms of it. She told me I had "typical NYC PCOS" meaning I was thin.
Don't go to her, she's not worth the money.
The office staff and nurse were generally unfriendly, and Stephanie was no where to be found. She would not return calls/emails when questions were asked.
I had 2 IUI cycles. She started me on 75units of follistrum which resulted in an over production of eggs, and IUI cancellation. My second IUI was with 25units and failed cycle. While being monitored at the weekend location the doctor there told me she saw two polyps in my uterus. I subsequently had those removed at Shady Grove by Dr Martin. I was told by him those can significantly impede implantation...Stephanie was inept in her diagnoses for me.
There was only one nurse I spoke with at the Hoboken site, and when I asked her questions about my treatment protocol she was short, and rude. She came across like someone who didn't want to deal with a patient asking questions.
I can't think of one positive thing to say about IRMS. The 'care' at IRMS Hoboken is financially driven, there was not one ounce of support or kindness by Stephanie or the staff. I was treated like a number and not a person. My results were rarely shared with me unless I specifically asked, and there wasn't any follow-up on my well being after the procedures I did did.
It was first come first serve.
total cost was 4 to 6K.
Uncommunicative and lack of follow through on delivering paperwork.
Treated 2015
Success w/ Doc 6 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Thompson was always empathetic and clearly reviewed my case file prior to each appointment, but always ran 20-30 minutes late for each appointment ... Dr. Thompson never performed any ultrasound and did not perform the egg retrieval. It was disappointing to be shuffled around the different practitioners in the office and to never see her. I never felt fully engaged with her and had a better interaction with her nursing staff as they were always the ones to answer questions.
Monitoring hours [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] on the weekend were like a cattle call in Livingston. It would take close to an hour to have ultrasound and bloodwork. Same in the Hoboken office during the week. The wait times were unpredictable, which was frustrating when trying to make it to work on time.
Arrive at your appointment with time on your hands
Dr. Thompson was always empathetic and clearly reviewed my case file prior to each appointment, but always ran 20-30 minutes late for each appointment (likely to review my file before the appointment).
We used a standard protocol of Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and Pregnyl trigger shot. She did adjust my dosing during throughout the cycle and while I did appear to have a large quantity of follicles during the stim phase, they were only able to retrieve 6 mature eggs. No one ever explained what happened and I was too new on the fertility journey to ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Kim was always responsive and well-versed on the process. Being a novice to all this, I had many questions and at times I felt she was impatient or bothered by my questions. Most communication was over the phone and not via email.
Monitoring hours on the weekend were like a cattle call in Livingston. It would take close to an hour to have ultrasound and bloodwork. Same in the Hoboken office during the week. The wait times were unpredictable, which was frustrating when trying to make it to work on time.
Monitoring was a cattle call and often time consuming.
This cycle was covered by my insurance, so I have minimal co-pays only.
She would only be willing to put back 1 embryo

Treated 2010 - 2012
Dr Greenseid was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything, never rushed. As we lost out first pregnancy she was truly devastated along with us. She was compassionate when I was afraid of anesthesia, which I had to do several times with her.
In Hoboken it was such a small office it was pretty easy...Livingston was hard to find the first time and they didn't answer the phones on the weekends which was ridiculous...Kim was not my favorite person at IRMS. She assumed that patients knew everything and you had to constantly ask her to explain things.
How was your experience with Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
We were under the care of her practice for almost 2 years so I saw all the doctors and they were all good but she had a special bed side manner that was really nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Trust that she has the experience. We as patients look at others experiences and google everything but she is the one that has truly seen it all and knows how to get you pregnant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keri Greenseid at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr Greenseid was extremely knowledgable and took the time to explain everything, never rushed. As we lost out first pregnancy she was truly devastated along with us. She was compassionate when I was afraid of anesthesia, which I had to do several times with her. She called me when I had my second positive pregnancy test even though it was the nurses job- she called and shrieked with excitement that it was positive and told me to pretend I didn't already know when the nurse called. It was like she was rooting for us all along. She also recommended IVF right away, the first time we met with her and she said " I want to get you pregnant just as bad as you want to get pregnant".
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim Schmidt)
Kim was not my favorite person at IRMS. She assumed that patients knew everything and you had to constantly ask her to explain things. She was short and not so compassionate.
In Hoboken it was such a small office it was pretty easy although they share an office with an OBGYN so you are in a waiting room with pregnant women which I thought was very tacky. The larger office at St Barbabus in Livingston was hard to find the first time and they didn't answer the phones on the weekends which was ridiculous ( if you had never been there and showed up for monitoring you couldn't call anyone to see where to go). The office was huge and it was always busy but they were very quick.
Kim told me to change my protocol once and I didn't think it was correct even though I asked multiple times. The next day I was in for monitoring and asked Dr Greenseid and it was indeed incorrect! Thankfully it didn't destroy my cycle and it was actually the cycle I got pregnant with
Keri Greenseid
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Thompson was friendly, patient and attentive during our consults and answered our questions/concerns satisfactorily...She failed to diagnose the presence of a large polyp in my uterus. It was diagnosed by another doctor in the practice during ultrasound monitoring for 1st IUI. Once diagnosed, Dr. Thompson was able to successfully remove it. She is efficient when performing procedures...
[Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas - Hoboken] Strengths - the doctors (Thompson, Chen, Cekeleniak) are great. Receptionist (Vic Marie) in Hoboken office was very friendly and eager to help. Weaknesses - support staff, specifically hoboken nurse. Embryology lab...I live close to Hoboken, so getting to and from the office was easy. They do not have parking, but accessible via public transit...
We did 2 IUI's and 1 IVF with Dr. Thompson without success. She failed to diagnose the presence of a large polyp in my uterus. It was diagnosed by another doctor in the practice during ultrasound monitoring for 1st IUI. Once diagnosed, Dr. Thompson was able to successfully remove it. She is efficient when performing procedures.
Ask questions and be responsible for your care.
Antagonist protocol with 300iu Gonal F / 150iu Menopur and Ganirelix added on day 4. Total days stimmed = 8 days. Total eggs retrieved = 8.
Lacked compassion and empathy. All news was delivered as a matter of fact. Did not like answering questions, replies were quiet rude sometimes.
I have a really good insurance plan, which covered ~90% of procedures/treatments. I paid ~$3k out of pocket (for 1 IVF , 2 IUIs).
Hoboken
She [Dr. Cekleniak] told us we could only do eset. She did not offer to transfer mosaic with 5aa embryo ... She called me when it was bad news. I always felt like she cared and was rooting for us. ... Loved her. Was reluctant to leave irms but after 3 retrievals, she was not going to change anything about protocol. She did not suggest anything different like vitamins or accupunture so I went somewhere for 2 opinion
I liked the receptionist area [at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas]. They were warm and caring. The staff doing the blood test are very welcoming and nice. There is a rotation of doctors for monitoring. All of them rotate throughout all the locations. You never know which doctor will be there until you arrive ... Agonist protocol. We used 2 most aggressive with lupron, cetrocide. Cycle 1 and 3 were best embryo grade but negative pregnancy rates
How was your experience with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
For any doctor, have an idea of different avenues for treatment from the beginning. Be told about donor eggs or sperm from day 1.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Describe the protocols Natalie A. Cekleniak used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Michelle lowe)
Very informative and caring. Loved that after phone call and there was a portal that had info there
I liked the receptionist area. They were warm and caring. The staff doing the blood test are very welcoming and nice. There is a rotation of doctors for monitoring. All of them rotate throughout all the locations. You never know which doctor will be there until you arrive
Well oiled machine during the week. Weekend could be busy
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Out of pocket pgs testing, biopsy, storage of embryos, freezing
Describe Natalie A. Cekleniak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
She told us we could only do eset. She did not offer to transfer mosaic with 5aa embryo
Natalie A. Cekleniak
Hoboken
Dr. Thompson is extremely personable and reacted to my concerns about our situation in a calm and reasonable manner. She is professional yet compassionate and makes you feel like there are answers to your particular situation and a light at the end of the tunnel....I have only positive things to say about IRMS in Hoboken. The entire team made my experience run as smoothly as it could have and I thank them entirely for becoming pregnant my first round of IVF.
I have only positive things to say about IRMS in Hoboken. From the beginning, the staff was always friendly, professional and responsive. Dr. Thompson is extremely personable and reacted to my concerns about our situation in a calm and reassuring manner. The entire team made my experience run as smoothly as it could have and I thank them entirely for becoming pregnant my first round of IVF.
This is the first step to success!
Kim and the entire staff was available to answer any of my questions regardless of how repetitive or ridiculous they were. Kim sent prescriptions to my pharamacy in a timely manner and was willing to work with my insurance if I had any issues.
I have only positive things to say about IRMS in Hoboken. The entire team made my experience run as smoothly as it could have and I thank them entirely for becoming pregnant my first round of IVF. If you feel like I did in the beginning of this journey, I promise there is hope and this is the first step.
Treated 2017
She was good but never gave us any hope and she also bluntly told that this is the last chance if I dont get pregnant it will never happen.she also told it would be a good idea to use donor eggs rather than my own even though i am fairly young also she never gave us any hope if this will work... My protocol was not adjusted and i was kept on the same stuff i did IVf two times... Once they failed to call me with the results and i had to do couple of follows ups to get that
This clinic [Institute for Repro Med & Science at Saint Barnabas] is not very compassionate about their patients its more like a number.there is no way to reach to the doctor after the initial consulation and some of the people are rude.no one wants to explain anything here... The nursing staff was not compassionate and just provided the information... Once they failed to call me with the results and i had to do couple of follows ups to get that... My protocol was not adjusted and i was kept on the same stuff i did IVf two times
Go with an open mind
She was nice but bluntly told that this is the last chance its now or never
The nursing staff was not compassionate and just provided the information
This clinic is not very compassionate about their patients its more like a number.there is no way to reach to the doctor after the initial consulation and some of the people are rude.no one wants to explain anything here
Treated 2017
Dr. Garrisi is a great doctor. I have been under her care since June 2017. I think she and her team are really great and helpful. I have undergone 2 IUI cycles which I was told the outcome before hand. She is very wise and knowledgeable....I have used clomid, trigger shots, estrogen pills to increase my uterus lining 2mg three times per day, vivelle dot patch 1mg - change every other day. Progesterone pills in my first IUI cycle after insemination.
My nurse [IRMS - Hoboken] is very responsive and returns all my calls in a timely manner. She has the answers to all my questions. And most importantly she is very kind....I think she [Dr. Garrisi] and her team are really great and helpful. I have undergone 2 IUI cycles which I was told the outcome before hand. She is very wise and knowledgeable....I have used clomid, trigger shots, estrogen pills to increase my uterus lining 2mg three times per day, vivelle dot patch 1mg - change every other day.
I would say ask a lot of questions, it's the only way to know the answers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jackie Thompson)
My nurse is very responsive and returns all my calls in a timely manner. She has the answers to all my questions. And most importantly she is very kind.
Treated 2010 - 2012
She was kind, took her time with me during each visit (and there were many!) and patiently traveled with me on my long journey, trying different methods as we went along, until something worked.
I was always eager to see Dr. Greenseid. I knew she was my primary cheerleader and let me make the decisions I needed to make while giving me all the information I needed.
Listen to everything she has to say. She is the expert. Take everything in.
Kim was my lifeline. I could not have done this without her. Any e-mail I sent was responded to within minutes. Any phone call, within the hour. I felt such a connection with her that I was excited to return to show off my beautiful baby.
Keri Greenseid
Hoboken
My experience with Dr Thompson has been excellent. She calls me to check in throughout the process and I feel like she really cares. She knows all the details of my treatment and answers all of my questions promptly.... I researched a lot of clinics before choosing Dr Thompson. I ended up going with her because I had several co-workers who highly recommended her and were successful. They said she was professional, kind, friendly and really “ got it” . I found all of that to be true and then some. She presented several treatment options and worked with me to choose the best one for my situation.
IRMS Hoboken is really efficient in morning monitoring. It can sometimes get busy but not as busy as the office in Livingston which you have to go to on the weekends. Everyone is pleasant and tries to get you in and out but they don’t rush you.... Nursing staff was great, all very nice. They send messages through the patient portal and via email which makes the instructions clear.
Dr Thompson highly encourages SET
Hoboken

The Hoboken clinic [of Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] is well located. But ones needs to travel to the Livingston center for any major procedure and also during the weekends. Also faced billing discrepancies across the different centres...She [Dr. Stephanie Thompson] has a nice Professional behavior. She has effectively listened to the questioned that we had. But it would be good to understand all the steps and the processes ahead of the time in an transparent manner...Please perform research on the process involved and frame your questions ahead of time...
She has a nice Professional behavior. She has effectively listened to the questioned that we had. But it would be good to understand all the steps and the processes ahead of the time in an transparent manner.
Professional behaviour
The Hoboken clinic is well located. But ones needs to travel to the Livingston center for any major procedure and also during the weekends. Also faced billing discrepancies across the different centres.
Hoboken

I learned of Dr. Thompson through a friend who highly recommended. When I met her she was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable asking questions. I felt as if she knew exactly where I was coming from... I went through a Natural Chlomid Cycle. Conceive during my first attempt.
Nurse Kim [at IRMS-Hoboken] was extremely helpful throughout the process as she was the person I had to communicate with the most in order to receive my instructions etc.... I love love love these girls. They made my entire process run smooth. Although I only did one cycle, it is extremely helpful to have a group of ladies cheer you on throughout your time with them. Their weakness would be that their Monitoring hours are early.
Be prepared to ask questions ahead of time.
I felt like a human because all of the ladies at the office treated me with compassion and kindness. They made all of my visits easier as time went on.
I went through a Natural Chlomid Cycle. Conceive during my first attempt.
Nurse Kim was extremely helpful throughout the process as she was the person I had to communicate with the most in order to receive my instructions etc.