7.3

100 Walnut Ave
Clark, NJ 07066
(973) 322–8286
East Windsor
300-B Princeton Hightstown Rd.
East Windsor, NJ 08520
732-786-7900
560 Springfield Ave
Westfield, NJ 07090
(973) 322–8290

She [Dr. Stephanie Thompson] is wonderful in person, but can be hard to get in touch with once you leave the office... this is when the nurses come in and you have direct communication with them. It would be nice to talk to her more, but it worked out...She knew I had to go on Menopur with trigger for ovulation. She was 100% confident this was the line of therapy...took the time to talk to us and "calm me down" knowing everything was going to be OK Doctor Nps
Kim [nurse at IRMS], was very responsive and always followed up if I reached out with questions. She started off very direct, but her personality warmed up and she was very caring towards the end...Overall, good experience. Easy to get in touch with, always had a response within 20 mins if I had a question and everyone was caring and understanding especially during a difficult time. Even the morning monitors were great and put you at ease.
How was your experience with Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Thompson was terrific, especially during such an emotional time in our lives. She was reassuring and confident with the plan of action. She always had an answer and knew what was going on. I liked her so much, my sister is now seeing her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
She is wonderful in person, but can be hard to get in touch with once you leave the office... this is when the nurses come in and you have direct communication with them. It would be nice to talk to her more, but it worked out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr. Thompson took the time to talk to us and "calm me down" knowing everything was going to be OK
Describe the protocols Stephanie Thompson used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Kim, was very responsive and always followed up if I reached out with questions. She started off very direct, but her personality warmed up and she was very caring towards the end
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Thompson at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Monitoring was covered by insurance, but not medicine
Hoboken
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Stephanie Thompson] was always compassionate and available throughout the process... gave us realistic expectations. Even when using my own eggs and the chances were extremely low, she still gave us a chance at embryo transfer. When we had a chemical pregnancy, she encouraged us to consider donor eggs. Her goal was to get us pregnant and live out our dream of being parents. Her mission was accomplished when I got pregnant on the first embryo transfer.
They [Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] have multiple locations and making an appointment is easy. You don’t have to wait Long to see a doctor. However on the weekends only 1 or 2 sites are open and it’s really packed for morning monitoring. Everyone is always friendly and helpful...After having a cycle canceled with another clinic, dr Thompson took us on and changed the protocol after we were told by the other clinic there was no other protocol to use. She gave us our best chance as using our own eggs.
Dr Thompson gave us realistic expectations. Even when using my own eggs and the chances were extremely low, she still gave us a chance at embryo transfer. When we had a chemical pregnancy, she encouraged us to consider donor eggs. Her goal was to get us pregnant and live out our dream of being parents. Her mission was accomplished when I got pregnant on the first embryo transfer. However we lost the baby at 5 months. In using a donor. We were disappointed to only get 10 eggs retrieved wondering if she was a good candidate. We are about to do another embryo transfer and we only have 2 good embryos left.
If you’ve never experienced IVF, ask a lot of questions you might have. It’s a lengthy process.
She was always compassionate and available throughout the process
After having a cycle canceled with another clinic, dr Thompson took us on and changed the protocol after we were told by the other clinic there was no other protocol to use. She gave us our best chance as using our own eggs. When I didn’t produce enough eggs, she still gave me the opportunity of egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Unfortunately it ended in a chemical pregnancy, which we knew the chances were high. Next time around she highly encouraged donor eggs to give us the best chance at pregnancy
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Very organized and compassionate. We were always in contact
They have multiple locations and making an appointment is easy. You don’t have to wait Long to see a doctor. However on the weekends only 1 or 2 sites are open and it’s really packed for morning monitoring. Everyone is always friendly and helpful.
We used insurance for our ivf cycle but capped out after the cycle. When we did donor cycle we paid out 27,000 which included cryo and icsi.
Describe Stephanie Thompson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
She only does single embryo transfer
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Chen was very attentive during the sit down visits and took time to answer the questions. In between the communication was a bit lacking, the doctor only called to deliver negative pregnancy results and it was difficult to get a hold of her on the phone with questions...Dr.Chen only does ultrasounds during the initial visits and never the ones during the cycles...The doctor is very nice and very detailed, though it's expected that you learn the process through on-line videos and some questions you know to ask only after the treatment is finished.
Waiting time [at IRMS] is BAD...It took me some time to force a nurse to give me chart of IVF with expected timing, procedures and dosages since she didn't want to make me feel that everything will go as expected. The billing is messy unless you control it, there are no paper bills coming in mail, if billing person is on vacation there is no communication between the person on vacation and replacement person...Technicians doing ultrasound usually are not very warm
How was your experience with Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
The doctor is very nice and very detailed, though it's expected that you learn the process through on-line videos and some questions you know to ask only after the treatment is finished. E.g. we did 1 cycle of IVF and during the visit it was expected that the meds would change due to poor response first time. During next cycle I received prelim chart with the same dosages and no comment from the nurse/doc. It took me some time to force a nurse to give me chart of IVF with expected timing, procedures and dosages since she didn't want to make me feel that everything will go as expected. The billing is messy unless you control it, there are no paper bills coming in mail, if billing person is on vacation there is no communication between the person on vacation and replacement person. So at the start of one of my first IVF they forgot to get my authorization from insurance. With meds: sometimes the authorization for the medicine is not sent to the pharmacy and the other time the prescription should be changed due to wrong med name. As usual some nurses and docs doing ultrasound are nice, but there are a lot of them who are very rush and abrupt, 50% of time i got bruises after routine bloodwork . People on the phone are most of the time talk to you like they've never were trained to talk to the clients on the phone, never mind patients. The only professionally sounded people are on the general Livingston number and nurses on call. Technicians doing ultrasound usually are not very warm (especially there is one in Hoboken and one other patient in the room said that her experience was not warm as well) and they don't talk to you/your partner what they are doing at all. Even doctors who do the ultrasound are not commenting on what they see. Dr.Chen only does ultrasounds during the initial visits and never the ones during the cycles. More times than needed I felt as a number and as a part of the huge standard fertility factory that making standard protocols and not addressing my particular situation. Dr. Chen is nice, but overall experience with the facility is not making me feel welcomed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Be prepared to control everything in the cycle, insist on getting the schedules, read a lot on-line, read other reviews. Be prepare to have it rough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Describe the protocols Serena Chen used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
IUIs were on chlomid, all looked very good, no problems with number of folluculs, but all 3 - negative. First IVF was on follistin 300 and menopur 150. Due to the planned facility shutdown, we had to time the next period and I was taking contraceptive meds. After that there was 1 follicul leftover and there were not enough of other so the cycle was cancelled. The doctor recommended the prep cycle, but i refused since i didn't know how my body will respond to extra meds and the studies show mixed results. The second cycle there is another leftover, and the meds added the ganorelix 150. the doctor recommends growth hormone (mixed studies), accupuncture and CoQ10 and Vit D (all - no proven medical results). Questions to doctor 1) what to do with leftover follicules - doctor recommend to do nothing, 2) the doctor never texted if I have an ovulation by my own - it's assumed that the meds provoke it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Pamela)
Please see my comments on the doctor
Waiting time is BAD - expected bloodwork at Livingston (weekends) and ultrasound b/w 6:30 and 7:30 but we rarely left before 8 am. Hoboken is very bad as well, Hoboken reception has trouble having their PC be switched at the time of the start of the shift, so you wait extra time to make a copayment as well. Hoboken reception is extremely slow. Hoboken manager on the floor is responcive on complaints, I've complained about the technicial and next time I had same technician but accompanies by some nurse, taking notes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Serena Chen at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
it was round $2000 for IUIs and now with IVF - growth hormone alone is $2000, visits - $150
Describe Serena Chen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
There is recommendation for only 1 embrio - since multiple pregnancy could be more risky for both mother and potential babies.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Treated 2016
I think she's [Dr.Thompson] been extraordinarily helpful during a very trying process. We're currently going to work with her on a third procedure, fully aware that we have a chance, just not a high one. That's on us though...Dr. Thompson explained everything to us and was realistic about our chances at our ages. I felt that she took the time to listen to concerns and when 1 protocol didn't work, she explained why another would be better...
I like the place [IRMS - Jersey City]. There are multiple locations, although I wish monitoring could take place on the weekends at the satellites, versus the main facility...In the first IVF, the nurse didn't tell us whether the 2nd embryo made it to blast, but I emailed Dr. Thompson and she called me back with the results that same day...She's very helpful and gets back to me via email (my preferred method of communication because it's difficult for me to speak on the phone at work) within a couple of hours...
I think she's been extraordinarily helpful during a very trying process. We're currently going to work with her on a third procedure, fully aware that we have a chance, just not a high one. That's on us though.
I'd definitely say to do some research with ANY reproductive endocrinologist before seeing them. I wasn't calm when we saw her, obviously upset about not conceiving. If I had taken a moment to breathe, I could have looked up IUI and IVF beforehand and decided multiple courses of action before being presented with a whole bunch of information.
Antagonist for IVF 1 - at 40, I have an AMH of 4.86. 9 eggs retrieved, 5 immature, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, only 1 made it to day 5 and tested abnormal. Microdose lupron for IVF 2 (rationale: to get more eggs) - 12 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, 1 arrested by Day 3, 3 arrested at Day 6, 3 arrested at Day 7, 1 made it to blast and tested abnormal. Estrogen priming and microdose lurpon for IVF 3 to start in February 2017. Rationale - egg quality and larger number of eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Pamela VanZant)
I like the place. There are multiple locations, although I wish monitoring could take place on the weekends at the satellites, versus the main facility.
About 10 K OOP for the first, $22 K for the 2nd and a bit under that for the 3rd due to a combined discount, although meds will be more expensive
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Jersey City
Dr Chen is warm, very knowledgeable and no nonsense. She explains everything, answers questions and truly listens to out concerns. She is also very kind when giving bad news, which is something I've struggled with in the past when seeing other doctors.... Dr. Chen was such an amazing find. After being dismissed from 2 OB/GYN because "you're young, you have time. Just wait". She truly listen to my concerns, gathered info on my husband and I, out lifestyle, diet, everything, then proceeded to ask for the tests we needed.
The only weakness I found is that their jersey city office [IRMS] is not so nice looking. Is generally clean and comfortable but I'd hope it to be a little fancier when you're paying thousands of dollars for a treatment.... Nataliya is great. She always gets back to me and answers my emails. She's not as kind and delicate as Dr. Chen but I also appreciate the quick straight to the point info she gives me.... The cycle of ivf (fresh transfer) will cost $9k, plus 5-8 thousand more for medication.
Call way ahead. It took me 6 weeks to get the first appointment.
Dr. Chen was such an amazing find. After being dismissed from 2 OB/GYN because "you're young, you have time. Just wait". She truly listen to my concerns, gathered info on my husband and I, out lifestyle, diet, everything, then proceeded to ask for the tests we needed. Whenever we got a result that wasn't great, she called me personally which was very helpful to discuss options from the get go. We will proceed to do IVF with her and I'd trust her with my eyes closed.
Not there yet, but we'll 100% have to do IVF since my tubes are blocked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Nataliya.)
The only weakness I found is that their jersey city office is not so nice looking. Is generally clean and comfortable but I'd hope it to be a little fancier when you're paying thousands of dollars for a treatment.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Cekleniak was extremely warm and compassionate. She took the time to explain everything to me, and was happy to answer every question and repeat it for me. She was honest and I felt looked out for my best interest. One time when I asked for her to call me, she called back within 20 minutes. When we needed time to make a decision, she let us have it and did not pressure us on what to do- she only gave us her recommendation. I did not see her often during monitoring, but she assured me that she was the one reviewing my charts every day.
The clinic [Institute for Repro Med] is extremely large, and when you go for monitoring so often, you feel like a number. But as you start to go more often, the doctors (and staff) become more familiar with you and start to know your name or specifics on your body/case....For the most part, they are fast- but when it gets really crowded- you might wait for a long time. In the course of 6 months, there were 3 mornings where I had to wait over an hour because the doctor was late.
How was your experience with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
If you are looking with good bedside manner who is kind, warm and compassionate- she is the right choice for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
The clinic is extremely large, and when you go for monitoring so often, you feel like a number. But as you start to go more often, the doctors (and staff) become more familiar with you and start to know your name or specifics on your body/case.
Describe the protocols Natalie A. Cekleniak used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
We tried three medicated IUIs at first, with increasing dosage of Gonal F. We then moved on to an IVF cycle with the maximum dose (300) of Gonal F with cetrotide. Unfortunately, I only created 2 follicles. So the next time, we moved on to Gonal F with microdose lupron twice a day and that resulted in 10 follicles, with 7 eggs retrieved, 5 of which were mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Lourdes and Anne)
Almost all of the time they responded to me quickly and took the time to give me all of the answers I needed. The only time I was frustrated was after my retrieval, I didn't hear from them for 2 days.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
It depends on the day. Most days it was a well oiled machine and I was able to get out quickly. There were at least three times within 6 months where the dr was so late, I was there for over an hour and a half.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
IVF is $12,000 at this clinic
Describe Natalie A. Cekleniak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
No comments
Treated 2015 - 2016
I emailed the nurse [at IRMS] pretty much every day and would repeatedly ask for the Dr. I would say the only time that I really heard from was after the retrievals and when I had to come in after the transfer and after the last cycle ended. They [Dr. Chen] didn't test my thyroid the first cycle, but she discovered for the 2nd that "oh, we should have tested this the first time around". There was also the way I felt they were pushing donor eggs on me; knowing my hesitance with that choice, right out the gate. I believe she is probably a great doctor for other patients; I just don't believe she was a good fit for me.
This clinic [IRMS - Livingston] has a lot of patients and perhaps if they had less patients the ones who visit would feel a bit more at ease... There seemed to be a bit of a disconnect with the nurses ( who at times seemed burnt out and just over it) and the Doctors.... I really liked my second nurse and honestly made things a lot better the second go round.... sometimes the nurses that would do the Ultrasound didn't seem very versed on how to administer them.
I should have trusted my gut, after the first time my name was mispronounced. But, I looked at it as not as important if her aid was going to ultimately lead me to the success that I was looking for. I emailed the nurse pretty much every day and would repeatedly ask for the Dr. I would say the only time that I really heard from was after the retrievals and when I had to come in after the transfer and after the last cycle ended. They didn't test my thyroid the first cycle, but she discovered for the 2nd that "oh, we should have tested this the first time around". There was also the way I felt they were pushing donor eggs on me; knowing my hesitance with that choice, right out the gate. I believe she is probably a great doctor for other patients; I just don't believe she was a good fit for me.
Just take the time to listen to your patients; and maybe make yourself a bit more available.
I went in there a bit naive. I figured because the first visit was so welcoming that my experience across the board would be as such. I was unaware of how many other women were experiencing the same challenges, as I was. There seemed to be a bit of a disconnect with the nurses ( who at times seemed burnt out and just over it) and the Doctors. The Doctors also mispronounced my name each and ever time I spoke with one of them.
I honestly don't remember the overall protocol for either cycle. I know for the first cycle (where we were able to transfer) it was a more aggressive protocol. For the second cycle, there was not as many meds. Estrogen Patch Clomid Follistim Ganirellex Letrozole not in that order, were the main meds that I took
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Anne)
My first Nurse was a lot more mechanical than my second nurse ( who I asked for specifically because of the first nurse's disposition) I also had an issue with one of there Phlebotomists, who constantly would leave me with bruises. The women at the front desk were really wonderful about making sure that I didn't have to see her after the first couple of times I was bruised.
You should come in prepared with questions and don't feel afraid to ask them. Be your own advocate as this struggle is never as important for anyone else as it will be for you. This clinic has a lot of patients and perhaps if they had less patients the ones who visit would feel a bit more at ease.
I had issues with one phlebotomist in particular, but they changed her out & sometimes the nurses that would do the Ultrasound didn't seem very versed on how to administer them.
in total over 22k.
I wish that they would have addressed the low vitamin D and thyroid concerns earlier on; as that could have affected what was happening. I really liked my second nurse and honestly made things a lot better the second go round. If I could take her from their sister clinic and had her at the clinic I went to; I believe the nerves and anxiety I felt throughout could have been eased a bit.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Doctor Mann is an extremly compassionate, trust worthly and overall outstanding doctor. I began to see her for treatment of my urterine frybriods. This is after two seperate OB's said there was nothing to worry about. She performed a simple surgery to remove them. What a difference...After I healed I continued to see her for fertilty treatment. We were successful on the first round. My pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. Even though by this time I was treated by my OB. I continued to communicate with Doctor Manns office weeks after my D&C. This is because I was not getting my period. Doctor Mann got my blood tested and we found out that there was remaining tissue left over from the D&C that was preformed by my OBGYN ( not affiliated with Doctor Manns office) Doctor Mann was able to perform another D&C and help me recover. I trust this women with my life.
[The nurses at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas] are the sunshine of that whole office. It is depressing, awkard and a constant battle some women have with fertility. They are always cheerful, helpful, compassionate, and caring. They know you by name...Everyone at [Dr. Mann's] office treats you like a individual. Very warm and personable...Doctor Mann is an extremly compassionate, trust worthly and overall outstanding doctor.
How was your experience with Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Doctor Mann is an extremly compassionate, trust worthly and overall outstanding doctor. I began to see her for treatment of my urterine frybriods. This is after two seperate OB's said there was nothing to worry about. She performed a simple surgery to remove them. What a difference. I was amazed. My periods were lighter and I did not have pain. After I healed I continued to see her for fertilty treatment. We were successful on the first round. My pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. Even though by this time I was treated by my OB. I continued to communicate with Doctor Manns office weeks after my D&C. This is because I was not getting my period. Doctor Mann got my blood tested and we found out that there was remaining tissue left over from the D&C that was preformed by my OBGYN ( not affiliated with Doctor Manns office) Doctor Mann was able to perform another D&C and help me recover. I trust this women with my life.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Go in early, make sure you have all your medical records.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Everyone at her office treats you like a individual. Very warm and personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Denise, Bernice, Kerri, Megan )
These women are the sunshine of that whole office. It is depressing, awkard and a constant battle some women have with fertility. They are always cheerful, helpful, compassionate, and caring. They know you by name.
Just a sign on the door on where you line up. Doors open at 6:30am and some of us need to get to work or whatever . So inform those who are coming in early to line up on the left side of the door. Because women tend to cut each other in line. And that is not the doctors fault. Its just regular hormonal women being assholes.
Long Branch
Had male factor infertility which impacted ability to conceive. Tried IUI on chlomid 2x unsuccessful. IVF 1st times was a success. Dr. Mann did explain the likelihood of IUI working and IVF.....Wonderful doctor. Provided detailed information regarding our infertility issues. Was straight forward as for the expectation of treatment and likelihood of success. Her experience and knowledge shines through is her practice.... Happy she recommended single transfer
Overall excellent clinic [IRMS]. Very busy practice but understanding as Dr. Mann and her team are wonderful. Sometime you will have a little wait. Clean office. Great hours for working individuals. Because they are so busy do your research and ask questions.... Amazing team! So personable and caring. I don’t think I could have gone through the process without them...they were so supportive!... Wonderful doctor. Provided detailed information regarding our infertility issues.
Ask lots of questions! They can’t read your mind
Very empathic and informative since day one. Willing to meet with you anytime you had questions and explain further as needed.
Describe the protocols Jessica Salas Mann used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Bernice and Denise )
Overall excellent clinic. Very busy practice but understanding as Dr. Mann and her team are wonderful. Sometime you will have a little wait. Clean office. Great hours for working individuals. Because they are so busy do your research and ask questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Salas Mann at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
4000 for 2x iui total cost 12000 for Ivf plus meds and facility fees
Describe Jessica Salas Mann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Happy she recommended single transfer as it was a success and clearly explained the risks with multiple transfer given the issue was male factor.
Long Branch
jessica mann was very helpfull every step of the way she explains what was happening I had an optopic pregnancy and she helped us understand that it wasn't anything we did wrong she's a very great Dr... [Eset Approach] she is very against multiples she want one good baby but is happy with getting you pregnant... the staff [Institute for Reproductive Med] are very friendly loves going in to see them I got very attached to them
it's a shared clinic but they [Institute for Reproductive Medicine] are very well organized every time I went in i got greeted I just was happy to go in jessica the secretary is very good at her job she always gave me the answers I needed for anything I asked her for paper work and I got it by the time I was done to leave I a excited to go in for my next cycle... they were all very kind ,understanding and helpful with answering all our questions
just to listen to what she says and if you still don't understand something let her know
the staff are very friendly loves going in to see them I got very attached to them
it's a shared clinic but they are very well organized every time I went in i got greeted I just was happy to go in jessica the secretary is very good at her job she always gave me the answers I needed for anything I asked her for paper work and I got it by the time I was done to leave I a excited to go in for my next cycle
New patient consultation $425 Bw/us $600 femvue $550 follow up $175 iui $2500 pregnancy monitoring $1500 labs $273,$176,$96 trib shot $92 and progestin $385
Long Branch
From the moment I met her [Dr. Chen] she felt more like a peer then a doctor. She took the time to really get to know me. And to make me feel comfortable. She asked insightful questions and really listened to my answers. She made me feel comfortable through every single step.... She takes the time to listen to you. She doesn’t let any questions go on answered. Every question has an answer, she doesn’t make you feel like any question is to silly or too small. Even when she’s talking about very technical things, she’s professional about it but make sure you understand what she’s saying.
[IRMS is] Clean and professional. Very welcoming. Every single person you come in contact with is a woman and they all are professional and compassionate.Everyone from the person who drew blood, to the person scheduling you, to the doctors and nurses, make you feel like you are in a safe place. When I left my referring OB/GYN I was in tears, and I have left every appointment with this practice with a smile on my face.
You’re going to want Serena Chen to be your best friend! If you are searching for a fertility doctor that is going to make you feel good and not make you stress more about the process, she is the one!
From the moment I met her she felt more like a peer then a doctor. She took the time to really get to know me. And to make me feel comfortable. She asked insightful questions and really listened to my answers. She made me feel comfortable through every single step.
I came to her with unexplained infertility. I only just turned 35 and I’m not 100% ready to get pregnant just yet. She did a very very thorough work up. Everything from ultrasounds to bloodwork to an HSG. Where we go from here will depend on my most recent results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
Everyone in the practice is incredibly professional, kind, and compassionate. It’s such a touchy situation but everyone makes you feel so good. Jennifer, the nurse who worked with me most was very helpful and made me feel comfortable that each step in the process. Alicia in the office is so organized and help you schedule each and every somewhat complicated step.
I have extremely good insurance. So at this point, I have only paid my own co-pays.
I haven’t gotten to the stage just yet.
At my first visit they didn’t have my records from my Referring physician. They actually called the office to see if they could be re-faxed. My referring practice was upset because they swore they sent them and have a confirmation. It turns out they were faxed and I think they just made it to a different office, not the office I was being seen at. During the back-and-forth with my referring physicians office, they found them and all was settled. It wasn’t a big deal at all!
Treated 2017
She is honest and didn't judge me or decide on a treatment based on what categories (age, weight, etc.) I fit into. She doesn't see infertility as a box that we must fit in, rather as an individual who needs individual attention. She calls personally when there is an update good or bad and returns every phone call herself (and quickly!) she is truly vested in my success, health and happiness.... I am 39 and after years of not conceiving and PCOS/Insulin resistance, she recommended IVF. She ran every diagnostic test beforehand to make sure her data was up to date which in turn discovered a new male fertility issue in my husband. She sent him to a Urologist and assured us that with ICSI we will still be able to move forward, just perhaps a month late.
[Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science is] All female- truly understand my experience and offer a safe and nurturing environment. Convenient- part of Saint Barnabas Hospital making it easy to connect with all my doctors. Unique approach- each patient is viewed and treated individually. There is no one size fits all.... I am 39 and after years of not conceiving and PCOS/Insulin resistance, she recommended IVF. She ran every diagnostic test beforehand to make sure her data was up to date which in turn discovered a new male fertility issue in my husband. She sent him to a Urologist and assured us that with ICSI we will still be able to move forward, just perhaps a month late.
Be in honest about every experience you had before, every fear, concern, worry, etc. Let her see the real you and she will treat you for you. Leave any baggage from previous experiences at the door!
I began my journey with Dr. Cykleniak in February and are about to begin our first IVF cycle in a few weeks. She is AMAZING. I had a horrible experience at a different clinic and was skeptical about trying a new doctor but we hit it off from the first moment. She is warm, sensitive, humble and interested in getting to know me. She listened and understood my concerns and spoke to me person to person. I have never been so positive or excited about my fertility issues as I am now...and it is all because she sees me as a person, not a statistic, not a file, me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Lourdes)
They are all warm and wonderful extensions of my team! They make every call, every appointment easy and as stress free as possible.
Everything is covered by my insurance except embryo genetic testing! AMAZING!
We haven't gotten that far yet but during our initial conversation it was brought up with regards to quality of embryos and our desire to have twins vs. wait based on my age.
Treated 2016
Investment Banker
Doctor Cekleniak is lovely and very knowledgeable, however the clinic takes on too many patients, to the point that you feel as though you are just a number (or co-pay). I did not receive the level of support that I needed during these cycles and was often confused about the next steps and what the results were stating. I spoke with a different doctor each time and sometimes the information conflicted each other. I needed someone to help me to understand exactly what was occurring each step of the way and this was unfortunately m
The clinic has a good reputation and is part of St Barnabas, which is a highly recommended hospital in the area. All doctors are extremely knowledgeable, however I felt as though they took on too many clients and as such, are unable to provide the level of support and one-on-one attention needed during such a stressful time in a women's life...Nurse Anne was my designated nurse and was very knowledgeable, however was out of the office quite often which meant that I had to rely on other nurses, in which I did not have a relationship and sometimes the information was conflicting.
Dr Ceklieniak is lovely and very knowledgeable, however the clinic takes on too many patients, to the point that you feel as though you are just a number (or co-pay). I did not receive the level of support that I needed during these cycles and was often confused about the next steps and what the results were stating. I spoke with a different doctor each time and sometimes the information conflicted each other. I needed someone to help me to understand exactly what was occurring each step of the way and this was unfortunately missing. Some women may not require the same level as support as I did, but
Determine how much support and information you need from your doctor and make sure that you are receiving that every step of the way.
IRMS in Livingston takes on many patients, when visiting them each morning for monitoring you will be seated with 20-30 women at any one time, who are also called through for U/S and BW. Each time you go you will see a different doctor depending on who is on roster for that day. In the beginning of the treatment you are provided a dedicated RE, nurse, coordinator and financial officer. However, I only saw my doctor at the beginning of the cycle and at the very end (when things did not turn out as expected). Many times I called my nurse and she was out of the office and other nurses would call back. During my second cycle I specifically asked for my support, more information on what was going on and how the results were looking. I was told to call/email any time, however these calls/emails were always transferred on to another doctor to manage. I did not speak with my doctor through the cycles and this made it very frustrating trying to attempt to understand all that was occurring.
I completed two cycles of IVF before I was told that I was DOR, which I actually asked rather than being provided with the information. I was on the max dosage of ivf injectables and did not generate many eggs, the first cycle resulted in 4 eggs and the second 7. Neither cycle resulted in strong development of the embryo and I was unable to complete a transfer either time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Anne McGuire)
Westfield
She [Dr. Cekleniak] was super relatable and positive. She talked to me with enthusiasm and gave me hope that starting a family with my husband is a very strong possibility. She actually called me with all results.... Best doctor i have ever been too. Her passion for her patients and her practice. Above and beyond what i expected. She caught a problem that no other practitioner has before and for that i am truely grateful
So far so good. I havent had a lot of care team interaction, but the entire office [IRMS] is extremely helpful and caring...The only weakness for me is the in-hospital location and due to current renovations parking and finding your way can be tricky. Strengths are numerous, caring, devoted, personal, understanding, compassionate.... 1 ivf cycle is roughly 17000 total incuding off site fees
Same exact answer as the previous question. Best doctor i have ever been too. Her passion for her patients and her practice. Above and beyond what i expected. She caught a problem that no other practitioner has before and for that i am truely grateful
Be prepaired for positivity and having hope instilled in you
She was super relatable and positive. She talked to me with enthusiasm and gave me hope that starting a family with my husband is a very strong possibility. She actually called me with all results. Not the nurse (not that there is anything wrong with nurses calling) . it made me feel like she truely care. Not just a number at the meat cxcounter... Over all,I plan to send all that are having trouble conceiving to her pratice. With out a doubt.
She is very concerned abot hyper stimulation. Opting for frozen transfer to minimize my risk. Making sure i take care of myself, phyically emotionally
So far so good. I havent had a lot of care team interaction, but the entire office is extremely helpful and caring
The only weakness for me is the in-hospital location and due to current renovations parking and finding your way can be tricky. Strengths are numerous, caring, devoted, personal, understanding, compassionate...and many more
1 ivf cycle is roughly 17000 total incuding off site fees
As a petite woman and a hopeful 1st time mom, i am loveing the single embryo option

Treated 2017 - 2018
I like Dr. Garrisi, she was not my first choice however, i saw her and the experience was good. I nothing to complain about. I saw her a few times during my treatment but i dealt with the nurse and other covering docs more.... She is a very nice person overall, her bedside manner is good. One piece of advice ask questions lots of them even if they might seem stupid to you.
The clinic [IRMS-Westfield] is part of a hospital which is great. It is clean, has easy access to parking and located in a good neighborhood. It is very convenient for me to get to work right after. I like the hours of operation 6:30 am to 7:30. Get in and get out.... My nurse that i was assigned to is amazing, she calls me with information and return my calls when i have questions. She has wonderful bedside manner and great at explaining how things work.
How was your experience with Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
It was great talking to her about my treatment and the step that needed to be taken.
Describe the protocols Margaret Graf Garrisi used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
The treatment strategies and protocols were as expected as she did explain to me during my initial visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Jackie Thompson)
The clinic is part of a hospital which is great. It is clean, has easy access to parking and located in a good neighborhood. It is very convenient for me to get to work right after. I like the hours of operation 6:30 am to 7:30. Get in and get out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Margaret Graf Garrisi at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
My treatment consists of co-payments, deductible and insurance costs.
Describe Margaret Graf Garrisi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
There were no specific preference for me.
Margaret Graf Garrisi
Treated 2013 - 2015
Dr Chen gets to know me like a person and offers options and new research. She doesn't try to push unnecessary tests or treatments. Always gives you the options with pros and cons.
We have had minimal progress to date but are taking a cautious treatment plan to avoid overstimulation. Dr Chen sits with you and enjoyed the potential plan and answers any questions you may have. On the days that I have my ultrasound, the physician that is on call performs the ultrasound which may or may not be Dr Chen. I have had no problems with any of the other physicians in the practice although I would be more comfortable discussing the progress with my primary MD than the oncall specialists (even if they are more senior). I call Dr Chen or she calls me to update me on the revised plan our if we are going to stay on course.
Trust her and ask questions. She's open to dialogue!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Ann)
The day I was supposed to start my injections, the pharmacy had not delivered them to me at my home. The nurse arranged for some medications to be held at the front desk for me so I did not have to delay my treatment. I received my pharmacy shipment 2 days later and have not missed a dose because of her
Treated 2017
Dr. Chen was always available, listened to our concerns and answered every question. She inspired confidence and was wonderful to work with.... Dr. Chen is excellent. I have and will continue to recommend her. She is kind, smart and came up with a course of action tailored specifically to us. We always felt she had our best interests in mind.... My embryos were very healthy and given my age they would only transfer one embryo to lower the chance of twins.
Doctors and nurses [IRMS] are excellent. Some members of the finance team are very difficult to work with. Our assigned financial coordinator was the only negative person throughout the experience. She was not well informed and gave false information often... I can’t say enough good things about Anne [nurse]. She was smart, kind and compassionate.... Dr. Chen was always available, listened to our concerns and answered every question.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions.
3 IUI then consider moving on to IVF considering we were using frozen sperm
I can’t say enough good things about Anne. She was smart, kind and compassionate.
Doctors and nurses are excellent. Some members of the finance team are very difficult to work with. Our assigned financial coordinator was the only negative person throughout the experience. She was not well informed and gave false information often
My embryos were very healthy and given my age they would only transfer one embryo to lower the chance of twins. We were happy with this decision.