Genetic counseling: Offered
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Northbrook
1535 Lake Cook Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend InVia Fertility Specialists to a friend?
9.7

9.7

Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
InVia has multiple locations to visit and early clinic hours for convenience. The nursing staff seems to be exclusive to each location but does jump around so you get to meet a lot of staff to feel comfortable working with. InVia has Dr Karande, Dr Klipstein, and Dr Pusheck on staff doing retrievals and transfers. Be prepared, your main Dr may not perform your retrievals or transfers depending on their schedule which can be disappointing. However, the Drs all know your case before performing any procedure as the Drs meet once a week to discuss difficult cases. Their offices and procedure areas aren't "flashy" and meeting rooms sometimes seem a little disorganized. A face lift of the offices could help in the future.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Dr Klipstein is incredibly compassionate but also direct with her patients so you're never confused with what is occurring. She is sensitive to delivering bad news and really takes the time discuss what she thinks happened and what the next move is. She is light hearted and very easy to talk to and never makes you feel uncomfortable when asking questions. You can tell she really cares about the person sitting in front of her.
There are lots of nurses you meet while working with InVia. Knowing they are seeing many patients each day, you have to expect things get confusing. I haven't had any terrible experiences with the nursing staff, but they do get confused often about my protocol. Each nurse is incredibly nice and explains everything to the fullest. Theyre also incredibly prompt in returning portal messages and refilling prescriptions. I just wish before a nurse consult meeting or before a retrieval/transfer they better read my chart so there wasnt as much confusion when talking.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
My husband and I came to Dr Klipstein after sge came on high recommendation from two former patients. We had a terrible experience with our first RE and upon walking out of the very first consultation meeting with Dr Klipstein, we felt like she cared more about our well being than our previous RE ever did. She took my case to her colleagues after first meeting me and called me the next day to let me know what her office thought about my future protocol with their office. Shes been the one to call me after each beta to deliver the news with confidence that we will find our path to parenthood. Although she hasn't performed either of my egg retrievals, she has been the ine to do both of my embryo transfers. Even though we have had failures thus far under her care, I have never considered leaving her care as she always has the next plan ready for me when I see her at my next visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
She has definite plans of what she thinks is best for each patient, but she is also willing to discuss other options so don't be afraid to bring everything to the table in your meetings. Also be prepared to be flexible in making time to meet with her, she can be hard to get in with.
Describe the protocols Sigal Klipstein used in your cycles at InVia Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
My first retrieval with a previous RE resulted in OHSS and failed FETs. She felt very strongly that I was way over medicated in my first retrieval protocol and subsequent FETs. Dr Klipstein drastically dropped my injectable medication doses to prevent OHSS, did not use BC leading up to a cycle, and used suppository progesterone and a lower dose of progesterone in oil injections in both of my egg retrievals and subsequent transfers. Though I still slightly over stimulated in both cycles, I felt much better physically than during my first retrieval. Results below from retrievals: Retrieval 1 (with different office): 150IU Menopur, 250 Follistim, 10,000 units Pregnyl. 16 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 day 6 blasts. OHSS forcing a freeze all cycle. No PGS testing. Transfers: 1.5cc PIO twice daily and up to 12 2mg Estradiol tabs daily. Single embryo transfer failure, 2 ERA biopsy cycles, double embryo transfer failure. Retrieval 2 (with Dr Klipstein): 75IU Menopur, 100 Follistim, 10,000 Pregnyl. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 5 day 6 blasts, 3 PGS normal. Slight OHSS. Frozen Transfer: 2 1mg Estridol tabs twice daily, 1 Crinone suppository daily, 1cc PIO once daily. Failed PGS normal single embryo transfer. Retrieval 3: 75IU Menopur, 100 Follistim, 5,000 units Pregnyl, Lupron trigger. (suspected OHSS) 13 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 day 5 blasts. Fresh Transfer: 3 vivelle dots every 48 hours, 3 Endometrin suppositories daily, 1cc PIO injection once daily. Double untested fresh embryo transfer resulting in a chemical pregnancy. Retrieval 4 this coming October with similar protocol, but reduced Follistim to 75units, full 10,000 units of Pregnyl, and planned PGS normal FET following retrieval.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists.
Luckily our first two retrievals were mostly covered under our insurance. We did pay $4,800 for PGS testing. Paid out of pocket (under $1,000 each round) for medications not covered by insurance. Minor charges from the anesthesiologist (in low hundreds) This was mostly after we met our deductible. Our next round is not covered by insurance so we are facing $11,000 to just get started.
Describe Sigal Klipstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at InVia Fertility Specialists.
Dr Klipstein does not love the idea of multiple embryo transfers in fresh or frozen situations for risk of multiples. She prefers to akways transfer a single embryo. However she did let us transfer two embryos in a fresh transfer after giving us all of the info on the risks of carrying multiples.
Hoffman Estates

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists.

It seems that the clinic [InVia Fert Spec] is separated into different departments. You have the receptionist who can answer all the basic questions. The nurse who can answer the medical and test questions. The billing department that helps you understand the cost and if you have any questions about the bill. The doctor who can tell you anything you want to know, except the exact price of tests or medicines.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
It seems that the clinic is separated into different departments. You have the receptionist who can answer all the basic questions. The nurse who can answer the medical and test questions. The billing department that helps you understand the cost and if you have any questions about the bill. The doctor who can tell you anything you want to know, except the exact price of tests or medicines. This can be both a strength and weakness. I say this because it's a strength since everyone is a master at their position, but it's a weakness when someone has left early and no one else is there to answer your question. Otherwise the clinic is relaxing, clean, and made me feel comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vishvanath C. Karande at InVia Fertility Specialists?
When I walked in for my consultation appointment the receptionist asked me for my name. After I told her, she responded with "I'm so glad to have a face to go with the voice, I'm the one who you talked to when we set up your appointment." Everyone at the office only called me by my first name or Mrs., and everyone there is super friendly and caring. When some of the staff found out that I would be a cash patient due to my insurance not covering the treatments, they started calling the specialty pharmacies to see who had the lower prices for the medications that I would need. They also told me all of the different options on getting donated medications, how to get the tests done for cheaper, and all the information I would need for grants. They made me feel like they wanted to help me as much as possible.
After my meeting with the doctor, he told me that he was going to walk me to the nurses so they could go over pricing of tests and medications. He introduced me to a nurse and we sat down and talked about my situation. She seemed extremely sympathetic to my situation. She told me that she'll call up the specialty pharmacies to see if she can get medication donated or lower prices for me. She then gave me the list of the tests that I would need to have done prior to starting treatment. She highlighted the ones that were required. She advised me to call around and see what prices they would quote me to do these tests just in case I could find a cheaper lab.
How was your experience with Vishvanath C. Karande at InVia Fertility Specialists?
The first thing they did at my appointment was an ultrasound. Before we started the tech told me that Dr. Karande would come in at some point to look at the screen himself. When he did come in, he looked at it and started to explain to me what we were looking at. There was a screen on the wall for me to look at too. Then after he left I cleaned off and was escorted to his office to discuss everything. I gave him my full medical history, which is extremely long, and then he told me what he seen on the ultrasound. He explained to me that my left ovary was diminished almost completely and he didn't think that we would be able to get any eggs from it. As he was explaining things to me, he was drawing on a paper to show me visually and also writing down all the big words he was saying that he figured I would want to look up later. After he went over my condition, he went on to talk about what he wants to do. As he was talking about the different steps of the IVF procedure he also was drawing a graph on the same sheet of paper with the timelines. Then he asked if I had any questions, but I didn't have any because he thoroughly explained to me everything. Then he mentioned to me the different pricing for each part of the treatment. How the IVF treatment would be one price, anesthesia would be separate, medications, and the pretesting. When I started to tear up (which was a couple of times during our talk), he would stop, hand me a tissue, and console me. My husband wasn't able to be at the appointment with me, but Dr. Karande definitely helped make it easier on me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vishvanath C. Karande at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Be ready to go because Dr. Karande is ready to start your treatment from the day you walk into his office.
Describe the protocols Vishvanath C. Karande used in your cycles at InVia Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I'm still in the beginning stages of my IVF. I haven't even finished my pretests yet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vishvanath C. Karande at InVia Fertility Specialists.
Since I only have enough eggs to do one round of IVF my costs can be different from someone else's cost. For the IVF treatment it is $10,000. For the anesthesia to retrieve the eggs it is $650. Medications can cost up to $6,000. Pretesting can cost up to $2,000. ICSI is $2,100. AZH is $1,050.
Describe Vishvanath C. Karande's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at InVia Fertility Specialists.
He told me that how many embryos to be transferred would be up to me because I only have one shot at IVF due to my egg count being extremely low. He said when the time comes, he'll let me know all the different options, the benefits, and the disadvantages to each one. I know if I am lucky to have 2 healthy embryos for transfer that I will definitely have both of them, but if there are more well then I'll need his guidance.
Hoffman Estates

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vishvanath C. Karande at InVia Fertility Specialists.

2017 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The staff [InVia Hoffman Estates] is almost entirely women and they are caring and compassionate. ... The only thing I occasionally found annoying was that sometimes a message would come through the portal but I wouldn't get a text notification about it. It's not a huge deal and only happened a few times. That's not a reflection on the staff, obviously, but probably a glitch in their system.
2017 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Generally, the staff is just wonderful and I looked forward to seeing them. The staff is almost entirely women and they are caring and compassionate. Some of them have children of their own, but many don't. The ones that don't still seem to understand the desire to have a baby or, in our case, give our daughter a sibling. The only thing I occasionally found annoying was that sometimes a message would come through the portal but I wouldn't get a text notification about it. It's not a huge deal and only happened a few times. That's not a reflection on the staff, obviously, but probably a glitch in their system.
Dr. Klipstein is a very kind person - she's always ready to answer questions and takes her time. I also really appreciate her generally very prompt responses on the portal and she's taken the time to call when we've gone through some difficult stuff.
I really cannot say enough about the nursing staff at InVia. They are amazing and some of the most wonderful professionals I've ever met. They're caring and kind and when we lost our second pregnancy @ 14 weeks, several of the staff reached out to me via the portal AND via phone calls to see how I was doing. What I experienced with them was so totally above and beyond what I expected - they were wonderful.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
I think the best thing about Dr. Klipstein is her caring nature - she really takes the time to listen and clearly cares about her patients. A weakness could be described as maybe being too optimistic at times? I feel like a couple times she gave me a little bit of false hope, though that's generally not the case.
Come prepared with questions because she'll answer them. She's very resourceful!
Initially we weren't sure why we were having infertility issues, so we decided to start off very conservatively. Dr. Klipstein was totally fine with that and we began with a medicated cycle. No dice. After that, we upped things to an IUI. No dice. We took a break of maybe 6 weeks and then did IVF. She monitored me super carefully and the retrieval went really well. I did have OHS, which she was VERY responsive to and I felt like I received excellent care (in the end, the OHS wasn't serious and it passed within 2-3 days). The first embryo transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy; the second ended up being a miscarriage. They were not certain why we lost the second pregnancy. On the second retrieval, Dr. Klipstein did slightly modify my medication to try to avoid OHS and we were successful. We were also able to do a fresh transfer, though that didn't take. The second transfer was successful, but I lost the baby @ 14 weeks due to complications from Downs/T21. We still have two frozen embryos and are planning to do PGS/PGD to hopefully end up with a healthy child.
IVF isn't cheap, there's no question. Our insurance covered a great deal of the costs, but after everything, we've probably spent around $8,000-$10,000. A lot of that was from medications because we ran out of coverage on that. The medications are REALLY pricey, but that's not determined by the clinic.
Dr. Klipstein is pretty conservative, so while she entertained me hemming and hawing about transferring more than one embryo, she definitely wasn't in favor of it. Considering that we only have 2 embryos left, I'm not sure how we'll proceed. However, based on what we've already been through, I'm GUESSING I could convince her to transfer both. But I'd have to have a pretty solid argument ready. She's definitely looking out for the well-being of her patients, first and foremost.

IUI, 3 IVF
The two clinics that I visited (Crystal Lake and Hoffman) were always well kept and clean. ... It would have been fantastic if the Crystal Lake location was open on weekends. ... His [Dr. Karande] staff always made me feel like a human. They were kind, considerate and willing to take the time to answer and questions or concerns that I had. ... The total out of pocket cost was roughly $10,000 which included PGS testing for three egg retrieval cycles. ...
IUI, 3 IVF
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The two clinics that I visited (Crystal Lake and Hoffman) were always well kept and clean. It was nice having a clinic close to home (Crystal Lake). It would have been fantastic if the Crystal Lake location was open on weekends.
At our initial consult Dr. Karande took the time to explain the process moving forward. He was always very straight forward with us (which I greatly appreciated). His staff always made me feel like a human. They were kind, considerate and willing to take the time to answer and questions or concerns that I had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at InVia Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and )
The nursing staff was always very kind and understanding. They always got back to me within a very short time frame and took the time to explain any questions or concerns that I had.
Dr. Karande is a true professional. I felt very confident in his knowledge and skills as a Dr. in this area of expertise. Each time we met, he explained each process clearly. I did not feel rushed when I was in his presence. He was always very kind and honest at the same time. He has a very calm demeanor which I also found very comforting.
Dr. Karande is very knowledgeable, kind, honest and straight forward. Be prepared to accept the information and/or course of treatment that he proposes.
We attempted one egg retrieval cycle with typical medications/dosages and did not gain any viable embryos after PGS testing. With the subsequent two cycles, Dr. Karande increased the dosages and added two additional types of medication that are not traditionally used. The third cycle yielded three viable, five day embryos (PGS tested).
My husband and I were looking to grow our family by one. We felt completely comfortable in transferring one single embryo.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
When we decided to go through with IVF, I received regular communication from the staff [at InVia Fertility Specialists] with clear instructions on what my next steps were until my next appointment. Any questions that I had I could either call or message them in their patient portal and I would get prompt responses. After completing all of the necessary steps, I am now 11 weeks pregnant! I look forward to working with Dr. Karande and his exceptional staff in the future for baby number two!
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
My husband and I give Dr. Karande 5 stars! After trying to conceive for over two years we were referred to Dr. Karande by my OB/Gyn. He explained every possible cause for our lack of success and guided us through every test and procedure in order to get some answers. After it was determined that our best chance at conception was IVF, Dr. Karande explained in great detail our estimated costs, timeline, and answered all of the questions we had. When we decided to go through with IVF, I received regular communication from the staff with clear instructions on what my next steps were until my next appointment. Any questions that I had I could either call or message them in their patient portal and I would get prompt responses. After completing all of the necessary steps, I am now 11 weeks pregnant! I look forward to working with Dr. Karande and his exceptional staff in the future for baby number two!
Hoffman Estates

The nurses [at Invia Fertility Specialists] are very nice and helpful. They always made me feel comfortable and their hours for my ultrasounds and blood work worked with my working hours. They were able to take care of me before 7 a.m...She [nurse] is awesome, always had a smile. She was very helpful. I really thank her for her help...They have an online portal that will communicate you everything. Blood work results are in the same day. Dr. Karande was very professional. I didn’t see any weaknesses from the clinic.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Everything is good about the clinic. Starting from the staff to their doctors. They have an online portal that will communicate you everything. Blood work results are in the same day. Dr. Karande was very professional. I didn’t see any weaknesses from the clinic.
The nurses are very nice and helpful. They always made me feel comfortable and their hours for my ultrasounds and blood work worked with my working hours. They were able to take care of me before 7 a.m. I really loved their services and highly recommend Dr. Karande for anyone wanting to have a baby. I really thought it would be hard for me to get pregnant and I got pregnant on my first cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at InVia Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Forgot her name )
The nurse was always there before 7a.m to do my ultrasounds and blood work. She is awesome, always had a smile. She was very helpful. I really thank her for her help.
Everyone is very professional and they make you feel welcome. Dr. Karande was profesional from the first time I met with him and he gave me hopes of geting pregnant. He knew exactly why I couldn’t get pregnant from my first visit. The nurses were very nice and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Karande for those who want to have a baby.
Don’t lose your hopes and trust Dr. Karande. He sure knows what he is doing and will help you have a baby.
Dr. Karande gave me some pills, (forgot the name) to ovulate. After that I had to go get ultrasounds to see if my follicles were growing and when there was a mature follicle, I had to do a trigger shot. 36 hours after trigger shot I went in for IUI. 10 days after I had to go get an hcg test to see if I was pregnant. The test came out positive and then I had to do vaginal progesterone pills.
Insurance covered most and paid out of pocket around $850
n/A
Crystal Lake

All the offices [of InVia] I visited were the same- the practice as a whole is consistent...Zero wait times, staff was always friendly, office is clean and accessible, and the hours are super convenient. The blood and ultrasound morning appointments never feel like a haste- you’re in and out quickly and leave smiling. The staff makes these appointments, which are early mornings, enjoyable.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Zero wait times, staff was always friendly, office is clean and accessible, and the hours are super convenient. The blood and ultrasound morning appointments never feel like a haste- you’re in and out quickly and leave smiling. The staff makes these appointments, which are early mornings, enjoyable. All the offices I visited were the same- the practice as a whole is consistent.
She was always kind, respectful, supportive and knew exactly where I was in my treatment like the back of her hand. She makes you feel like you’re the only patient she’s treating- the attention and care are amazing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at InVia Fertility Specialists.
The nursing/care staff were incredible to work with. They were responsive, kind, helpful and so encouraging. Love them!
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Klipstein is easily the best doctor I have ever worked with. She is confident, yet completely grounded and real. She is incredibly kind and genuinely cheers you on and celebrates your successes. Luckily I never had to hear bad news while working with her, but if I did, I am totally confident that she would help me work through anything.
Trust her. Surrender and have faith. She will completely take care of you. The process is so relaxing compared to other places.
We went in for a FET. We were open to transferring 2 but she suggested only one- said that one would do the trick. And it did. I was on Estrace, Endometrin and PIO. Very easy protocol that wasn’t at all hard on my body or my mind. My procedure day was a ton of fun- and went perfectly. 10 days later I got a call from Dr. Klipstein on a Sunday afternoon saying “ok, we’re in business. It’s positive!”
The medications were easily the most expensive part. Out of pocket to the dr for an FET with monitoring was not at all expensive. I spent about $500 total.
She made the right call only transferring one. She said one will do the trick, and she was right. She’s able to have high success rates while doing what’s best for her patients.
Northbrook

The clinic [InVia ] does not batch, which I know a lot of clinics do. It does not take too long to get in as a new patient. They do not double book so you always feel important. There is two doctors and currently a 3rd that is starting out so there is always somebody there!...they [nurses] would always answer my emails via the portal very promptly. if I had any concerns they would be addressed and followed up.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The clinic does not batch, which I know a lot of clinics do. It does not take too long to get in as a new patient. They do not double book so you always feel important. There is two doctors and currently a 3rd that is starting out so there is always somebody there!
Dr. Kiipstein always greeted me by name, i never had to wait. For important calls she would always call and early in the day too. I went from a doctor that treated us like a number to complete human interaction and care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at InVia Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
they would always answer my emails via the portal very promptly. if I had any concerns they would be addressed and followed up.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
From the moment we met Dr. Klipstein we knew she was our doctor. Her calm voice and bedside manner are just the beginning of how wonderful everything about her is. She would always schedule enough time to have conversations with us for our 2 appts that we needed to talk. She never made us feel rushed, in fact, she made us feel like we were her only patients. When we wanted to transfer 2 embryos she did a lot of research and told us why she recommends only 1 for us and it was the best decision. I recommend everybody that asks me about infertility to go to her. She is one of a kind!
Get to her ASAP.....she will do anything and everything to help you create your family!
We did a cycle based on my cycle. I did estrace, follistim and menopur for ER and added Ganirelix last two days to suppress ovulation. Triggers with hCG and Lupron. We got 38 eggs, 13 fertilized and 8 made it to day 5 and we did a freeze all. A month later we did the frozen transfer with 1 embryo graded 4AA- again Estrace and then we used Crinone and PIO . Today we are 21+6!
It was $30K for a n retrieval with TESE for my husband and transfer. Embryo freezing was another $1K and $9K in medication
Nothing
Hoffman Estates

I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic. They complete all procedures at the office, have a portal where most communication occurs and they respond very quickly to any questions you have. This includes nurses, doctors, and the embryologists....Nursing staff always responded quickly to the portal. When I had a bleeding scare early on during pregnancy and messaged the portal, they quickly called to determine the cause and eliminate my concerns and fears.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Although Dr. Karande was straightforward, he understood that our goal was to get pregnant and have a baby as soon as possible and scheduled treatment on my body’s schedule and not on his clinics schedule.
I recently gave birth to my daughter after failing to get pregnant naturally and going through 3 failed transfers with a precious specialist. Making the switch to Invia was invaluable. Dr. Karande was very knowledgeable, confident, and straight forward throughout the process which is exactly what I wanted and needed going through this emotional journey. He was very thorough in re- evaluating me prior to starting treatment despite receiving my previous records. His technique(HSG & transfer) was much better than my previous provider and everything felt very different. Dr Klipstien completed my retrieval. It was great that they completed everything in their office and that my cycle was scheduled around my body’s cycle not their schedule which is why procedures can be completed by either doctor. I have and will recommend Dr. Karande to friends struggling with infertility.
He is very straight forward but had amazing results.
I was on the estrace priming protocol. I never used birth control which I was very pleased with. The protocol was a bit long but it all paid off. We genetically tested the embryos and were able to pick the embryo we wanted transferred which we decided to transfer the embryo that had the best ratings.
I had BCBS HMO and it wascovered almost 100% by insuarance. Genetic testing was not covered and cost us approximately $6,000. I was very lucky.
I am glad we listened to his advice to only transfer one embryo.
Hoffman Estates

Very warm and friendly feel [at InVia Fertility Specialists]. It’s a smaller practice than the one I’d been to before and I felt like this clinic was much more welcoming and efficient with their patients and appointments. I appreciated everyone’s willingness to work together and the put the patient first...There was a nurse who did not order enough meds for me...All nurses were very caring and efficient with their care. Very ready and always available to talk and answer questions.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Very warm and friendly feel. It’s a smaller practice than the one I’d been to before and I felt like this clinic was much more welcoming and efficient with their patients and appointments. I appreciated everyone’s willingness to work together and the put the patient first.
She made the time to call me, talk to me through every decision big and small, and made me feel like I was her only patient. I always felt like she had all the time in the world to focus on me, which is not how I felt at my previous clinic.
All nurses were very caring and efficient with their care. Very ready and always available to talk and answer questions. One nurse made a mistake once in the ordering of my medicine, but we worked it out.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Klipstein is by far the most compassionate fertility doctor. She gave me her phone number and personal email address when we first met and this was very telling of her availability and willingness to make her patients feel cared for, important, and “human”. Every detail was always explained as far as treatments and procedures so I never felt lost. If I had any questions I would send her a portal message and she would respond in such a timely manner. In my previous experience there was almost no possible to contact the doctor himself, just the nurses. I would recommend Dr. Klipstein to every friend, family member, and anyone looking for a compassionate, smart, and detail oriented doctor.
You are in the best hands. Never hesitate to reach out to her because she makes it her priority to speak with you. Even if you think your question is “simple”.
I had a pretty standard IVF cycle and this was the protocol we followed, which was beneficial for me.
Insurance luckily covered mostly everything.
Dr. Klipstein was a major supporter of using one embryo for transfer. She definitely took into consideration the quality of the embryos and everything else. My other doctor was a big supporter of two every time, but Dr. Klipstein was the opposite. She explained all of her reasoning clearly and we followed her guidance which luckily ended in a successful pregnancy.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The clinic [InVia] is very strong. The staff work together well, they are there for the patients and they are very well informed about what they do...I love the nursing staff. They were like a personal cheer squad. ... I also feel like I was greeted by name whenever I interacted with staff, even upon checking in at the front desk. The clinic truly felt like a 2nd home...The whole staff is very motivational and it is appreciated...I love this clinic and their attentiveness to their patients and have no suggestions on how they could improve such great care!
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very strong. The staff work together well, they are there for the patients and they are very well informed about what they do. It is definitely different from getting care at my Primary Care doctor's office of OBGYN's office. I love this clinic and their attentiveness to their patients and have no suggestions on how they could improve such great care!
I felt like I was treated like a human. I don't know what the other patients plans were, but I feel like mines was tailored to my diagnosis. I also feel like I was greeted by name whenever I interacted with staff, even upon checking in at the front desk. The clinic truly felt like a 2nd home.
I love the nursing staff. They were like a personal cheer squad. I appreciate their attentiveness and basically just being the good spirits I needed when I experienced my losses. The whole staff is very motivational and it is appreciated.
I feel that Dr. Karande is a very thorough and straight-forward doctor. In his field, it is important to be honest with patients about their diagnosis and treatment plan. I also feel it is important to give patients realistic goals to achieve during the IVF/FET process. I knew what was expected of me during my journey which included weight-loss. I followed his protocol and feel that is the reason why I experienced success with my retrieval and even with my transfers. Although two resulted in a chemical pregnancy/miscarriage, Dr. Karande never made it seem like hope was lost.
I would tell a future patient to go into the clinic after exhausting yourself with knowledge about infertility and possibly her or her partner's specific diagnosis of infertility. It is helpful to know what questions to ask at the initial consult with the doctor and makes a more informed patient. Also, be honest about your medical history. At this stage, there is no hiding from your past. It gets very real and very honest.
For my egg retrieval, I believe my treatment strategy was an IVF antagonist protocol. I did 10 days of estrogen priming (CD21-CD4), 12 days of injectable stims for ovarian stimulation (CD5-CD16) menopur 225u/follistim 225u (SD1-4), menopur 300u/follistim 300u (SD5-12), ganirelix 0.25mg (SD7-11) to suppress ovulation, Pregnyl HcG trigger shot 10,000u. We retrieved 18 eggs, 10 initially fertilized, 4 (4aa) blastocyst made it to day 5. We prepped for a fresh single embryo transfer. I did 5 days of antibiotics post retrieval, 5 days of Medrol in preparation for transfer, and started crinone vaginal progesterone support to prepare my lining for embryo transfer/implantation.
My IVF and FET procedures including medications were covered by insurance. I only had to pay a $35 copay when interacting with the doctor and my storage fees and initial cost for my frozen embryos.
I fully understand the recommendation to transfer a single embryo and that is the protocol I followed.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I felt like there were a lot of hidden costs [at InVia Fertility Specialists] that popped up after my cycle was over--I was never warned that insurance would deny certain things if they weren't coded right. I ended up paying thousands because of the wrong codes, and the billing department is horrible. There is one person, she often isn't in the office and almost never answers the phone. They will do payment plans, but aren't very organized. The bills for cryo-storage and the fertility treatments are separate, so figuring how much you actually owe is difficult and again, the billing lady is rarely helpful as her communication skills are not the best (misunderstands questions and doesn't fully answer).
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
You better be comfortable using the online portal--they use it for everything and the responsiveness is much worse if you try to do something by phone. Even though the nurses would get things mixed up, the flow sheets and cycle plans were very easy to follow so I never felt confused once I was in my cycle. The front desk staff was usually great, though they had some sour people. I felt like there were a lot of hidden costs that popped up after my cycle was over--I was never warned that insurance would deny certain things if they weren't coded right. I ended up paying thousands because of the wrong codes, and the billing department is horrible. There is one person, she often isn't in the office and almost never answers the phone. They will do payment plans, but aren't very organized. The bills for cryo-storage and the fertility treatments are separate, so figuring how much you actually owe is difficult and again, the billing lady is rarely helpful as her communication skills are not the best (misunderstands questions and doesn't fully answer).
She listened to what I had to say and she accepted my goals without adding judgement or opinion of her own. She managed my fertility issues without making me feel like I was "sick".
There are many, I never really got to know anyone other than the ultrasound tech because the nurses rotated a lot. They were responsive on the portal, but sometimes got things mixed up, gave the wrong info, or missed giving a detail.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
She was very welcoming and open minded. She didn't focus on my health challenges or the negatives--she made whatever came just seem like it was the next thing to do on the road to my inevitable pregnancy. She did sometimes confuse my case with others when not looking right at the chart (like when she would pop in for a quick consult at the ultrasound and would say things that didn't apply to me). She was always present and available.
Ask lots of questions and be very up front with her.
Lupron
I had insurance which was supposed to cover 90%. They "miscoded" a few of the parts of my retrieval and transfer and as a result these were not covered by insurance, even though they should have been. I ended up paying thousands and they were in no way intersted in discussing the issue. This time around I have HMO and they have been good so far at communicating with the insurance and getting things approved.
Because of my particular family situation, she stated that she would be transferring only one embryo. I felt the same, but if I hadn't I'm sure she would have gone along with my wishes to transfer more than one.
Hoffman Estates

I loved them [InVia Fertility Specialists-Hoffman Estates]. The entire staff is friendly and don’t make you feel uncomfortable. They are more then willing to answer any questions you have. Only mild complaint is There were some days I couldn’t get as early as an appointment as I needed but 90% of the time it was the earliest slot... He presented us with stats and left it up to us to deside. We chose to transfer 2
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
I loved them. The entire staff is friendly and don’t make you feel uncomfortable. They are more then willing to answer any questions you have. Only mild complaint is There were some days I couldn’t get as early as an appointment as I needed but 90% of the time it was the earliest slot
On the first visit my husband couldn’t make it so my mom came with me. He walked out shook her hand and said” don’t worry I will take good care of your daughter.”
I loved them! There were two nurses who I got close with and I even went back to visit them twice after leaving the clinic.
I felt like dr karande new what I wanted before I even voiced my opinion and was very open to listening to what I wanted and adjusting our medical plan accordingly. He was very upfront with information and potential risk (which one did occur) and it kept me prepared.
He will take good care of you and recommend a course of action but don’t be afraid to also let him know what you want and ask questions if you do t understand
We did IUI after having problems with clomid and my general OBs lack of info. After 3 failed attempts he offered to try more or put IVF on the table. I knew going into the meeting I wanted to move forward with IVF. He was very informative and gave me lots of articles to rea. He warned me that with my AMH levels being so high that he wanted to do a freeze all because I would most likely going to get ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome ( and I did). He gave me statistics and percentages for 1and 2 embryos transfers and gave me reading on complications from multiple births but we still wanted to transfer 2
Not sure because my insurance covered 100% after I met my yearly OPL which was only 1,100

2012 - 2014
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
The clinic [InVia] itself was nice and a fun environment. The staff were always kind and compassionate...I loved the nursing staff. They were all kind and knew my name as soon as i walked in the door. They were quick to answer questions and send an email back...My insurance covered almost all of it but it was pricey!...For My IVF cycles I used small doses of lupron, follistem, monupur, gonral x(I think that's the name) and I can't remember the HCG trigger I used.
2012 - 2014
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The clinic itself was nice and a fun environment. The staff were always kind and compassionate.
When I finally got my BFP I was over the moon. I made it to beta #2 with strong numbers then lost the pregnancy. My RE said to me as I cried and asked why "these things just happen". It felt cold and as someone who was grieving their baby, as well as paying a lot of money for him I wanted a reason.
Dr. Karande had told me my chances of success were high because I was so young yet he never gave me an actual reason why I was infertile. He didn't do anything before jumping right Into IVF which I now realize was because my insurance would pay Boohoo bucks for it! During each ultrasound he would say I had a little Endo but no big deal in fact he said "the best way to cure Endo is to get pregnant". After I aged off my parent's insurance I had to stop IVF. 4 transfers still no live baby :(...Fast forward a year later and I had exteme pain. I went to a regular gyno who did a lap and I have stage 4 Endo that was attached to both ovaries. That dr and the next Endo dr I went to said I never would should have done IVF without cleaning the Endo out first. It was so bad I apparently had little chance for success. So Dr. Karande wasted my little time that I had on my dad's great insurance and let me do all those cycles only to have my heart broken. Oh and when I wasn't getting pregnant he said to me "well I know its not my clinic because everyone else has been getting pregnant this year"...ummm??
Get a second opinion before you go just to be sure he isn't missing anything.
For My IVF cycles I used small doses of lupron, follistem, monupur, gonral x(I think that's the name) and I can't remember the HCG trigger I used. The Follistem was the easiest to administer. I took Crinone progesterone suppositories each cycle. After a retrieval I had doxycycln to help stop any infections.
My insurance covered almost all of it but it was pricey! However the clinic is more towards the city so that's to be expected.
He said single was better because of my little size but after the first one didn't work he allowed me to try 2.

2010 - 2018
IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
The clinic [InVia Fertility Specialists] is extremely organized, clean and everyone was extremely helpful. It was easy to get to, comfortable waiting rooms and overall just felt like a great environment. ... We were lucky to have many great nurses. Kim was the one consistent nurse throughout our 7 years. She treated us like family and even up to the day we left we felt like she was totally a part of the journey with us. They have many great nurses and members of their staff but Kim was with us the entire time.
2010 - 2018
IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is extremely organized, clean and everyone was extremely helpful. It was easy to get to, comfortable waiting rooms and overall just felt like a great environment. I would highly recommend this clinic.
Dr. Karande worked with us through every condition my wife had and gave us many options to try and always explained everything in great detail. We truly appreciated his recommendations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at InVia Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Dr. Karande was always very thorough. We were patients for a long time almost 8 years and we felt as if we truly knew him like a friend. We had many successful pregnancies but some of them just didn't last and we knew that wasn't his fault. He adjusted our process many times and always came up with new options to help us. We have one daughter and in a week are about to welcome our second child a boy. We couldn't have done it without his help!
I would say don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand. He is extremely knowledgeable and after working with him for a little bit we understand exactly what he was doing and how he wanted us to get pregnant. I appreciated him getting right to the point and managing our expectations.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The receptionists [at InVia Fertility Specialists] were personable, the nurses were all outgoing and remembered you, and everyone explained everything I needed to know. I was very pleased with the overall facility and all the individuals...I was always seen in a timely manner...Everyone of the nurses I worked with was passionate about their job, invested in my care, and super easy to work with. I was very impressed with all of the staff.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
I was always seen in a timely manner. I had 2 places that were convenient for me to attend, and the staff worked well which facility I needed each time. The receptionists were personable, the nurses were all outgoing and remembered you, and everyone explained everything I needed to know. I was very pleased with the overall facility and all the individuals.
Dr. Karande took time to meet with me numerous times to discuss the process and next steps.
Dr. Karande was open about the process, explained every step and was supportive during my miscarriage. He was at multiple ultra sounds, checked in when he saw me, even if I was just doing blood work, and performed every procedure himself. I felt comfortable with him and his staff and completed supported the year I was in his care.
I had to wait 6 months after a partial molar pregnancy before going through IVF, I suggested doing the retrievals during that time. Dr. Karande was on board. I was on clomid and 1 HCG trigger for my IUI's. I used menopur and follistrom and added gonal-f for both retrievals. I then was on Estrace and progesterone suppositories (3months) as well as progesterone injections (1 month) during the transfer/IVF.
Dr. Karande said he would only transfer 1 single embryo as mine was PGS tested.

IVF, Donor Eggs
I think everything about the clinic [InVia] was great. They always answered my questions, and made accommodations to help with my work schedule. I am very happy we decided to go to this clinic. They were all very caring and wait times were minimal...[nursing staff] They were wonderful. On the day we graduated they all came out to say good bye to us, which really made us feel special.... They monitored me very closely to make sure they did the transfer at the most optimal time.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
I think everything about the clinic was great. They always answered my questions, and made accommodations to help with my work schedule. I am very happy we decided to go to this clinic. They were all very caring and wait times were minimal.
She was wonderful through the whole process. I have recommended her to my friends! I also plan on going back for my next pregnancy.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
She got us to a point where other said it could not be done! She was realistic but also used her knowledge to get me pregnant. I am currently 16 weeks with a little girl! She was there every step of the way and helped me get through our failed transfer with a new plan of action.
Come with questions. She is very knowledgeable and will take the time to answer them.
She placed me on a course of medication that would prepare my uterus for pregnancy. They monitored me very closely to make sure they did the transfer at the most optimal time.
I do not remember since it was covered by my insurance.
I did want two embryos transferred, but after hearing the risk to the babies and myself I did agree transferring only one would be best.
2006 - 2011
It was a nice facility [InVia Hoffman Estates]. Nothing fancy but it was comfortable...[Nurses] They were professional and kind. They took the time to get to know me and my story. They remembered me and I never felt like I had to keep repeating my story over and over - they just knew....The only issue was not getting results back once at a specific time. Nothing I ever thought was something to be concerned about...My employer insurance covered 100% so the costs to me were nothing
2006 - 2011
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
It was a nice facility. Nothing fancy but it was comfortable.
Dr Klipstein was always upfront with all information. She also took time to listen to my husband and myself.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
She was kind, compassionate and very well informed in the field of fertility. She took her time with every step and made sure we understood everything that would be happening. She also understood the emotional side of what we were going through and made sure that we were well taken care of.
Don't hold back - the more she knows about you and your partner, the better she will be able to help you.
My employer insurance covered 100% so the costs to me were nothing
Hoffman Estates

[Nurses at InVia Fertility Specialists were] Personable. Caring. Promt on answering their portal messages...Clean waiting area. They communicate well with each other as with the rest of the office staff. Accommodating to their patients because the have early office hours. Always a smile on their faces and they are kind...She’s [Dr. Klipstein] very personable, gives facts and doesn’t sugar coat. Almost motherly. It isn’t hard to talk to her. Developed a plan and explained risks and benefits. Not afraid to be blunt when it’s appropriate. I’d recommend her to anyone.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Always greeting me by my name.
Personable. Caring. Promt on answering their portal messages.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
She’s very personable, gives facts and doesn’t sugar coat. Almost motherly. It isn’t hard to talk to her. Developed a plan and explained risks and benefits. Not afraid to be blunt when it’s appropriate. I’d recommend her to anyone.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
I’m still in the process of treatment
I am currently going through treatment.
She’s said she would only transfer one and I’m ok with that

3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
The patient portal is really good, all the communication [at InVia-Hoffman Estates] happens there help both of us know what is going on. Making appointment is also super easy. The staff answers our questions/voicemail within 4-6 hours, day or night.... They [the nursing staff] are available all the time, even late evening to get back to our questions
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The patient portal is really good, all the communication happens there help both of us know what is going on. Making appointment is also super easy. The staff answers our questions/voicemail within 4-6 hours, day or night.
They are available all the time, even late evening to get back to our questions
After the first miscarriage, my wife and I have been trying for 1.5 years without successful. Then we was referred to Dr. Karande by our Obgyn. And thanks to their efforts and expertise (and the super helpful patient portal) helped us through the craziness of 3 IUIs and then 2 IVFs. We are expecting in May 11th. Thanks Dr. Karande and Invia Fertility staff. We are very grateful to you.

2011 - 2015
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
They [The nurses] are all fantastic, returning messages promptly and answering my many questions thoroughly while making me feel cared for.
2011 - 2015
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
He never remembered any details about me, even that I had a live birth as a result of IVF from his clinic.
They are all fantastic, returning messages promptly and answering my many questions thoroughly while making me feel cared for. I cannot say enough.
He does not have a very good bedside manner, but is technically very good and my treatment resulted in pregnancy, which is ultimately what mattered most to me.
Keep in mind that he is not warm and fuzzy, but will give you the best shot at getting pregnant.

2012 - 2015
7 Eggs Frozen
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
His [Dr. Karande's] staff is amazing n so is his partner
2012 - 2015
7 Eggs Frozen
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He is all about getting you pregnant. His staffbis amazing n so is his partner
You see them everytime u go in .. They have seen me at my greatest time n my worst n have always seemed 19th o care
He is to the point . no hand holding and sometimes hard to understand. BUT he cares soo much he wants the end result. He lights up when he sees his final result. I want a great doctor who knows what hes doing .. I dont want my hand held I want the actual truth
Go to him with an open mind. He makes sure he logs EVERYTHING in the computer as he talks to you. he does have an accent. He does great work with the procedures.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I also felt that the staff took the time to make sure that my husband and I understood each step fully before and thing began... and took every measure to make sure it ran as smoothly as they could make it run...
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I felt that the team of professionals at the clinic took the time to get to know me and my specific situation. I was greeted warmly each time I was in the office and conversations were continued from visit to visit. I also felt that the staff took the time to make sure that my husband and I understood each step fully before and thing began. I was also impressed that they really understood the sensitive nature of the situation and took every measure to make sure it ran as smoothly as they could make it run - which is not easy when dealing with insane cycles and insane insurance companies.
The nursing staff took every opportunity to make sure you felt comfortable. There are many awkward moments for not only the women but for the men and the nurses were very professional in those moments as to not make it worse then it already was.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Dr Klipstein was quite caring and I felt very comfortable in speaking with her about this very sensitive topic.
Make sure that you are completely honest.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
[The nurses at InVia Fertility Specialists were] Great and quick. I was always in and out for bloodwork. They were always happy and fun to be around...It’s a great clinic with great people who have done this more than thousands of times...Weakness: none...I live a couple hours from the clinic. They were always reasonable with the time they needed me there and the staff and doctors were all amazing. Never felt like a number
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Strength: Invia has a great statistical rate of getting women babies. It’s a great clinic with great people who have done this more than thousands of times. Trust in the protocol and doctors and nurses. Weakness: none
I live a couple hours from the clinic. They were always reasonable with the time they needed me there and the staff and doctors were all amazing. Never felt like a number.
What specific things went wrong at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Dr Karande was straight to the point and very informative. The date my transfer was set was not on a day he was going to be in the location I was having the transfer but he made it to my appointment and did my transfer and I appreciate that so much.
Trust your doctor. Know you questions beforehand. Follow your protocol and have faith.
1mg estrogen pills twice a day. 1 progesterone in oil injection a day. Suppositories 3 times a day.
Manageable.