Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
500 Commack Road
Commack, NY 11725
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Island Fertility to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.5

2018 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Trivax was very open to transferring two embryos . Especially in my case where we just wanted one to be a healthy pregnancy...always had a an amazing way of keeping me positive and uplifted after a failed cycle . He always took the time to talk to me , tell me all the pros versus cons out of cycles , what we would do next , what we can do differently . He always told me I will become a mother , my Road is just unfortunately a bumpy one .
I was always able to schedule my monitoring appointments [at Island Fertility] to coordinate with my work schedule . Usually they liked blood and sono done before 10am so it could be sent out for results later in the afternoon. I never EVER had a scheduling conflict and was always accommodated...My total cost for IVF not including meds was $10,000 . This included , retrieval anesthesia , transfer...I definitely feel that there are way more strengths than weaknesses for Island Fertility . The office itself is a little cold in the waiting room , I think that’s mostly all fertility clinics . They pretty much run on time for all monitoring appointments with a glitch here and there . My only issue I would say is to request to see the doctor of your choice on each monitoring appointment , if you don’t they will have you speak with a different doctor and sometimes that can leave you unsure of your protocol or results .
2018 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bradley Trivax at Island Fertility?
Dr Trivax is an extremely knowledgeable, compassionate doctor . He made me feel comfortable with every decision my husband and I had to make . If it was not for him , I would have given up a long time ago . He explains every procedure in depth , makes you feel calm & confident about upcoming surgeries/procedures . I have referred two friends to him , both felt the same way and wound up pregnant . If I had insurance coverage I would love to remain his patient .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bradley Trivax at Island Fertility?
You will never go any where else once you get to know Dr Trivax . Request him for all monitoring appointments .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bradley Trivax at Island Fertility?
Dr Trivax always had a an amazing way of keeping me positive and uplifted after a failed cycle . He always took the time to talk to me , tell me all the pros versus cons out of cycles , what we would do next , what we can do differently . He always told me I will become a mother , my Road is just unfortunately a bumpy one .
Describe the protocols Bradley Trivax used in your cycles at Island Fertility and their degree of success.
My first IVF that I did with another clinic was a fail . Being that I have a low AMH , they surpressed my ovaries so much I had no follicles . When I started my first IVF with Dr Trivax , I voiced my concern about my previous cycle so we tried the “ antagonist approach . I was on Femara 2 pills per day , 225 units of Follistim , 150 units of Menopur , and after 7 days we added two doses of ganarellix twice a day until retrieval , and also an HCG trigger shot . This cycle was succesful with 6 mature eggs retrieved , 4 fertilized , 3 made it to day 5 . I transferred one AA Embryo 5 days after retrieval , I was successful and stayed pregnant until 10 weeks , unfortunately I had a missed miscarriage due to a chromosomal abnormality . Due to insurance coverage and my age we did not to PGS . For my IUIs we also tried injectable meds , either gonal f or follistim in conjunction with Femara . I had 4-6 follicles each IUI but no pregnancy .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Fran , Sam , Annette )
The nursing staff of Island Fertility , I don’t even know where to start . I’ve been with these women for two years and although I wish I’d be able to leave them , I love them all . Everyone was always rooting me on , telling me positive things after each procedure , ( this is it I know it ) ( yiur going to be pregnant I know it ) and regardless if it didn’t happen , the way they helped me stay positive was what mattered . When I had bad news , they would tell me to call at anytime with questions or concerns . If I had a bad day and would be upset in the office , they would personally come over and talk to me and hug me and tell me everything will be ok . I’ve built relationships with these women and I truly felt they wanted me to succeed and all were so supportive and there for me !
Describe your experience with Island Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Island Fertility.
I was always able to schedule my monitoring appointments to coordinate with my work schedule . Usually they liked blood and sono done before 10am so it could be sent out for results later in the afternoon. I never EVER had a scheduling conflict and was always accommodated .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bradley Trivax at Island Fertility.
I am a self pay patient . My monitoring was billed through insurance , My total cost for IVF not including meds was $10,000 . This included , retrieval anesthesia , transfer . My medications were donated to me by former IVF patients who didn’t need them anymore .
Describe Bradley Trivax's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Fertility.
Dr Trivax was very open to transferring two embryos . Especially in my case where we just wanted one to be a healthy pregnancy .
What specific things went wrong at Island Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Island Fertility.
I only ever had one issue , and that was whenever I would call . I asked for results to be faxed over to a MFM and when I arrived for my appointment they did not have the results . The situation was quickly rectified when I called Island Fertility and let them know .
Bradley Trivax
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bradley Trivax at Island Fertility.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
She [Dr. Safier] explained our course of treatment well. As a nurse I know and understand the medical aspect. She took the time to thoroughly make sure my husband understood what was going on too.... she has answered every concern and weighed every option with us. She made it clear that she wants us to get pregnant just as much as we want it. Not just another doctor pushing pills and treatments “hoping” for the best.
The nurses [Island Fertility] are amazing. The medical assistants are ok.... Insurance coverage was explained and then copays were not thoroughly explained I suppose. I was told one fee for testing and another for seeing the dr. So days I didn’t see the dr and only had labs drawn I was paying both fees. In perspective it’s a lot less than someone without great coverage. Just unclear.
European, Other
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Lauren Safier at Island Fertility?
She explained our course of treatment well. As a nurse I know and understand the medical aspect. She took the time to thoroughly make sure my husband understood what was going on too. With a hiccup regarding testing that requires surgery now, even though I was ready to do IUI this month, she has answered every concern and weighed every option with us. She made it clear that she wants us to get pregnant just as much as we want it. Not just another doctor pushing pills and treatments “hoping” for the best.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Safier at Island Fertility?
She listens so don’t be afraid to talk things aloud with her and ask all the questions no matter how small or stupid you think they are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Safier at Island Fertility?
She listens, explains thoroughly, and validly takes concerns of mine into the course of our treatment.
Describe the protocols Lauren Safier used in your cycles at Island Fertility and their degree of success.
No results yet
The nurses are amazing. The medical assistants are ok. There’s one that I can’t stand. She doesn’t listen and always ends up sticking me over and over for labs until she finally gets someone else after hurting me. I know I’m tough and I’ve been drawing blood for over 10 years. I’m not a wimp or anything like that. It’s like she forgets there’s a human on the other side of the needle and not just a specimen.
Describe your experience with Island Fertility.
Insurance coverage was explained and then copays were not thoroughly explained I suppose. I was told one fee for testing and another for seeing the dr. So days I didn’t see the dr and only had labs drawn I was paying both fees. In perspective it’s a lot less than someone without great coverage. Just unclear. Office otherwise is very nice, optimistic, and supportive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Safier at Island Fertility.
Just copays so far and medicine expenses
Describe Lauren Safier's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Fertility.
No experience
What specific things went wrong at Island Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Island Fertility.
I was told I could have my salon sono and follicle count same visit. I made the appointment and the day before someone called and said no because of billing reasons. I work nights and this is a commute for me. So to have to go in two mornings in a row after working all night is a lot. And the appointments are usually running a little behind. Still not sure if it’s because of insurance or greed.
Lauren Safier