Island Reproductive Services

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
3000 Hadley Road
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
1110 South Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Island Reproductive Services to a friend?
2 doctors
The clinic [Island Reproductive Services] runs very efficiently, especially in the morning for morning monitoring. For my first IVF visit, I met with a nurse who taught me how to prepare and administer the injections and I also met with a financial coordinator who explained the costs involved. It was a convenient to be able to meet with them both on the same day...Dr. Traub has two nurses, Melissa and Sally, and they are both kind and compassionate. I always felt comfortable asking them questions, and they never made me feel silly for doing so. They have helped me a lot throughout this process.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
The clinic runs very efficiently, especially in the morning for morning monitoring. For my first IVF visit, I met with a nurse who taught me how to prepare and administer the injections and I also met with a financial coordinator who explained the costs involved. It was a convenient to be able to meet with them both on the same day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
It is evident that Dr.Traub truly cares about his patients. He very patiently answers every question that I have, and he allows his patients to email him at any time with any additional questions or concerns.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub is very knowledgeable and caring. He is honest, and he makes his decisons based on his own experiences as well as based on current research. In terms of performing procedures, it is evident that he is extremely experienced and careful as they cause minimal discomfort.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
My advice would be to listen to what he says and ask him any questions you may have as opposed to turning to google for answers.
Describe the protocols Michael Traub used in your cycles at Island Reproductive Services and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval, I was initially started on a low dose combination of Menopur/Gonal F. After a few days, my follicles were not responding so he increased the dose of each and I also started doing the injections IM, and the combination of these things did the trick. I remember being very discouraged when I found out that my follicles were not responding but Dr. Traub was reassuring in saying that he was not yet concerned and he simply thought we had to make a couple adjustments. And he was right. I took five days of Cetrotide prior to my retrieval and I did a dual trigger of 40 units of Lupron and HcG.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services.
Roughly $15,000
Describe Michael Traub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Reproductive Services.
Dr. Traub is definitely a proponent of single embryo transfer, as long as they are genetically normal embryos, and he fully explains why.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Island Reproduction is amazing. They are knowledgeable, compassionate, and have unbelievable success rates for women like myself and many others. As far as weaknesses are concerned i truly cannot thing of a single weakness. The doctors and staff and just amazing. When we “graduated” from Dr Traub back to our OB is was bittersweet. We were sad to move on because the office had pretty much become a family to us; and excited because that meant our little one was growing and progressing well.
Dr. Traub and his staff were so warm and welcoming each time my husband and I entered the office. Through the retrieval process and surgeries done for the endometriosis Dr. Traub and his staff always made us feel comfortable and informed to each step of the process. They made one of the hardest processes my husband and I have gone through that much easier.
They were absolutely wonderful. Compassionate and knowledgeable. Whenever I had questions they always answered them confidently and made me feel comfortable with their responses. Any time I called the office with questions they called back before the end of the night each time.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub took the time and effort each time we entered his office. When I sent emails with concerns he answered them within hours to ease my mind and reassure that everything was okay. He was very straight forward with results and plans going forward.
Trust everything he says! He’s always right!
Dr. Traub had us skip straight to IVF due to endometriosis. He was forward with our options. He set us up with the nurses who explained the medication and administration of such medication prior to egg retrieval. Once we retrieved our eggs Dr. Traub explained what he had retrieved once I was able to understand. The office kept constant contact with us over the 6 days that the embryos developed. When it came time to implant Dr. Traub explained the entire procedure to me step by step and walked me through each moment as he completed the transfer. Happy to report we are currently pregnant and progressing nicely with a healthy pregnancy. Dr. Traub also removed endometriosis via laparoscopic surgery. Once again Dr. Traub explained everything every step of the way and was very compassionate with my husband after the procedure.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Island Reproductive Services.
They were very easy and simple to make. Each time I went for blood work on the morning I completed a Sono if needed. The best part about doing them back to back was that the hours they did this were before work so I didn’t miss a day of work or have to leave early.
Approximately $6,000 out of pocket. That includes all medications, copays for procedures (including the IVF process), and all blood work and sonogram copays.
None
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I did not experience a weakness with the clinic [Island Reproductive Services]... it’s a one stop shop. Everything you need for fertility treatments is present. Having to go to the same place for various procedures helps keep the patient calm, always knowing what to expect. The staff makes a point to learn names and call you by your name before filling out paper work. The entire staff showed deep compassion and decorum to my husband as he went for sperm samples. My husband is very humble and he felt comfortable with all the staff.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Strengths: it’s a one stop shop. Everything you need for fertility treatments is present. Having to go to the same place for various procedures helps keep the patient calm, always knowing what to expect. The staff makes a point to learn names and call you by your name before filling out paper work. The entire staff showed deep compassion and decorum to my husband as he went for sperm samples. My husband is very humble and he felt comfortable with all the staff. I did not experience a weakness with the clinic.
Dr. Traub and his team were thorough and explained every step of the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally and Melissa; they worked as a team and knew me well.)
Sally and Melissa walked me through the process of my IVF medicine. They called me around the same time every day, considerate of my work schedule. Sally was the nurse at my egg retrieval seeing me through the entire process.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
During my initial consultation, Dr. Traub explained the method he uses in diagnosing potential infertility. This included a battery of blood tests, x-rays, and sonograms. After each of these steps, Dr. Traub informed my husband and I of our next steps. Dr. Traub gave us all the necessary information to make our decision in starting our family.
The advice does not relate to Dr. Traub as a physician, but rather the process. Dr. Traub is thorough and a prospective patient needs to be patient with the process.
Dr. Traub always started with a benchmark blood test. After establishing information, medicine would be prescribed followed by more blood tests to ensure that the levels were correct. As we got closer to retrieving the eggs, sonograms were given every few days. The idea was to stimulate my ovaries, but not over stimulate gathering many eggs, but not all viable for fertilization.
Our insurance covered 75%. We were responsible for 25% of the total cost.
I only had one viable embryo after genetic testing. Previous to this, Dr. Traub explained that given my age, weight, and pre existing condition of high blood pressure, more than one embryo transfer would be unsafe to my overall health.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
They [Island Repro Services] are efficient in their workflow. Received co-insurance bills which was somewhat annoying. It seems like there were always charges for something even though my insurance covers monitoring...Sally was great and showed empathy to me as a patient. However, she would not answer questions and I would need to email Dr. Traub anyway. The other nursing staff were ok, including the sonogram techs and the phlebotomist. They were all nice, but were not very knowledgeable about answers to questions.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
They are efficient in their workflow. Received co-insurance bills which was somewhat annoying. It seems like there were always charges for something even though my insurance covers monitoring.
He is an ok doctor, but doesnt have the best bed side manner. The office runs efficiently, but sometimes it seems like they are just out to make money. My one gripe is that I was and still am very emotionally invested and he never once told me to take a break or anything. Right after surgery we did another retrieval. I dont think he is able to see holistically at all fertility related needs. He is just looking at things from a medical stand point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally)
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
When the results were not as expected, he said its just bad luck. When after four transfers with five embryos there was no pregnancy, he compared my eggs to that of a honda and said i would never be a benz. I wish he was more upfront about things instead of waiting until there are no other options except starting over. in terms of demeanor hes a nice guy, but again doesnt see fertility issues as anything more than from a medical perspective. Vitamins, acuptuncture, etc. are all bs to him. only after 3 failed transfers did he even agree to a endo scratch even though he called it fraud previously.
if you are paying out of pocket, he will never say no. that means that where another doctor might say take a break to heal after surgery, he would never do that.
dr traub only subscribes to antagonist protocols. i did high stims with clomid and he never tried anything different.
it was very efficient. they never seemed to have more than 3-4 patients in the office at one time.
it cost 22k for two cycles; paid out of pocket plus thousands more for medication.
he prefers to do a single transfer, but if you are paying out of pocket it seems like he will do whatever you request.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
They [Island Repro Services] are warm and friendly. Every time I have a question or need clarification they take the time to clearly explain my treatment. They make sure I understand my conditions, how they affect my treatment. They are always patient with me and willing to answer billing and finance questions as well. I never feel rushed and I never feel like I am being bother in any way... They could give more info about payments and your test results numbers up front without you having to ask.
European, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
They are kind, compassionate, and good communicators. They could give more info about payments and your test results numbers up front without you having to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
I absolutely love doctor Dr. Knochenhauer and his staff. They are warm and friendly. Every time I have a question or need clarification they take the time to clearly explain my treatment. They make sure I understand my conditions, how they affect my treatment. They are always patient with me and willing to answer billing and finance questions as well. I never feel rushed and I never feel like I am being bother in any way. I have complete trust in Dr. Knochenhauer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Katie )
Katie is just as great as Dr. Knochenhauer. She is patient, kind, understanding and very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
I have seen Dr. Knochenhauer several times. I come in with questions about my treatment, what next steps are, and why he feels the treatment he choose is best for me. I leave every appointment with a clear understanding of what my current progress is. What we know about my reproductive system. What the best plan of action is and why Dr. Knochenhauer feels that the recommended treatment will work best for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Never be afraid to ask your questions.
Describe the protocols Eric Knochenhauer used in your cycles at Island Reproductive Services and their degree of success.
To treat anovulation My first cycle was 5mg Letrozole with a 250mcg ovidrel trigger shot, 200 mg progesterone, 2 mg estradiol and times intercource. My second cycle was 10 mg Letrozole with a 250 mcg ovidrel trigger shot, progesterone and estrogen were not needed and we had timed intercorse. Due to my hormone levels, and lining My third cycle was an IUI with 10 mg Letrozole, 2 mg progesterone and 4 mg estradiol.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services.
Yes they advised what the cost would be
Eric Knochenhauer
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Nursing staff [at Island Reproductive Services] is great, very caring. Even the billing staff is kind and caring and informative. MD [Dr. Michael Traub] responses to emails in a timely matter making him feel very accessible to you. He will explain anything you ask. Have only done three failed IUIs so far so unable to speak of IVF course just yet...[nurses] Always very compassionate and caring when on the phone giving you negative results and in person. They are great.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Nursing staff is great, very caring. Even the billing staff is kind and caring and informative. MD responses to emails in a timely matter making him feel very accessible to you. He will explain anything you ask. Have only done three failed IUIs so far so unable to speak of IVF course just yet
Answers emails quickly, I wouldn’t say that it felt very personalized, but the doctor himself always answered any question I had in a timely matter and felt approachable
All the nursing staff is wonderful. Always very compassionate and caring when on the phone giving you negative results and in person. They are great.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
He’s very blunt and doesn’t sugar coat your situation - which I appreciate. I never felt pressure to jump into IVF, although he recommended that be the best course of action for me- I went with IUI first and he never made me feel like that was wrong- just honest that it doesn’t have the best odds. We are embarking on an IVF treatment soon so I’ll be able to speak to that in the future -however he is always just an email away and answers promptly.
I think with any doctor you need to trust them, if you feel like you don’t have that then that doctor is not right for you
IUI x 3 with clomid 50mg day 2-7 cycle and then trigger shot 36 hours before IUI All negative
IVF cycle estimated at 9,000 with basic PGS and freezing, but without medication
2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
There is usually not a long wait at all [at Island Reproductive Services]. It is very clean and a friendly environment. Blood work happens early morning, the good thing is you are able to go without missing work. I would go in for my blood work and scan at 7 am, then be able to make it to work on time. They would call with any changes to my medication that i needed...When a nurse called me to change my medication they would go over it and not hang up until they were sure i understood.
2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
There is usually not a long wait at all. It is very clean and a friendly environment. Blood work happens early morning, the good thing is you are able to go without missing work. I would go in for my blood work and scan at 7 am, then be able to make it to work on time. They would call with any changes to my medication that i needed.
Going through this process is extremely difficult. Dr Traub and his staff took time out to speak with me and explain things to me. Sometimes i was emotional, when that occurred they were patient. Dr Traub understood I wanted to get straight to the point, even when he was delivering bad news, he took his time and over the years made me feel as if i was his only patient. He didnt give me up, and made me feel hopeful when i wanted to give up.
Super Friendly. Caring. When a nurse called me to change my medication they would go over it and not hang up until they were sure i understood.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub is a very caring doctor. He took time to answer any questions i ever had. I would email him constantly, and would get a response even if it was Friday or Saturday night. He explained every procedure to me and explained why or how things accrued. I wouldn't have my family if not for him.
He is very straight forward and to the point. You need to meet with him a few times before you understand how he is as a doctor. After your first few visits you wont want any other doctor!
2012 - 2017
Other, Unexplained
Katie and Roe [nurses at Island Reproductive Services] were a pleasure to deal with. Always friendly and compassionate when things did not go well. They were genuinely upset as well. I could not have done a lot of this with out them and their guidance and patience with helping me.... All staff at this clinic are amazing and truly care about your well being and mental state when things don't go as planned. They never rushed me and always answered my numerous and constant questions.
2012 - 2017
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
In the beginning the location was concoent for me however they did retrievals and transfers in the NJ office. This was out of the way. They have since built a beautiful new state of the art facility however it is now much further for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie and Roe were a pleasure to deal with. Always friendly and compassionate when things did not go well. They were genuinely upset as well. I could not have done a lot of this with out them and their guidance and patience with helping me
What specific things went wrong at Island Reproductive Services?
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr K is very knowledgeable in his field. He was always open and honest and took time to see me any time I had a question. His dry sense of humor really helped me get through some difficult situations. And he is very compassionate. He wants to see his patients succeed.
Always push for the treatment you want. I did a lot of my own research and requested separate tests be done that weren't initially offered.
I had no real issues so it was a matter of trial error. Once I had repeated failed attempts he had me take multiple blood tests, saline sono and an endometrial scratch where some issues were found. And my medication changed as a result.
Describe Eric Knochenhauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Reproductive Services.
It was always our choice as a couple. He was not fond of transferring more than 2 but we agreed so there was never any issues
Eric Knochenhauer
Staten Island
The wait to see doctor is sometimes quite long [at Island Reproductive Services]. However they never seem to schedule too many patients on one day. I have never seen more than 4 patients waiting. The office staff is quite pleasant and helpful.... Both doctor and nurses and other office workers were pleasant and helpful. They made it a point to know you name and was quick to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
The wait to see doctor is sometimes quite long. However they never seem to schedule too many patients on one day. I have never seen more than 4 patients waiting. The office staff is quite pleasant and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services.
They were nice and available to answer any questions.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr Traub was the second RE I visited as I was with treatment from the first. Dr. Traub was candid and plainly explained the entire IVF process and expectations. I like that he was always pleasant, positive and knowlegeable.
I would advise you to ask ask any questions you might have to better know the entire fertility journey.
My first RE had me on a mini IVF and this I found was wasteful considering the expense. I yielded 3 egg. Dr. Traub disagreed with this treatment. His treatment was just a "norma" IVF protcol. I was able to get 8 eggs and 5 day 5 embryos. All were PGS tested normal.
Dr. Traub prefers single transfer. I was given the option to select the specific embryo I wished to transfer.
South Plainfield
[Island Reproductive Services-Staten Island is] Clean, calm environment. Always willing to accommodate you, answers all questions and always returns calls . Conventiely open during evening hours for those that work and return calls on weekends... [The nursing staff is] Very welcoming and always willing to answer questions
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
It’s great and I highly recommend. Clean, calm environment. Always willing to accommodate you, answers all questions and always returns calls . Conventiely open during evening hours for those that work and return calls on weekends
Dr Traub always answers any and all questions and explains everything in details without rushing you out. He explained that my chances of conceiving without ivf were extremely slim but went ahead and tried iui as well as a couple of cycles with just fertility treatments but all resulted in a negative pregnancy test
Very welcoming and always willing to answer questions
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
He is an excellent dr with a caring and compassionate personality. He truly puts his all into every one of his patients and explains every thing in detail . I never felt rushed in his office . Always felt very comfortable and knew going Into this what kind of outcome to expect based on our discussion. Dr Traub feels with my diminished ovarian eggs I need ivf but don’t have the funds for it and still allowed me to go ahead and try fertility drugs and a few iui cycles to test my luck.
He’s one of the most caring and honest dr’s.
Copays for visits and iui cycles
Staten Island
The nurse [at Island Reproductive Services] always knew my name, I was always called with instructions and the doctor always was ready to speak with me at the appointment...The basic with ICSI was about 11-12k, anesthesia 600, we had a frozen cycle , extra embryo transfer was 3k...We had 3 embryos to transfer one high grade and the other two lower. Dr suggested to transfer just one of the highest quality and my husband wanted to transfer two but dr suggested that it will not raise our odds too much. We decided with one and this did not take. After that we went with two and one took resulting in one live pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
The Staten Island location is new nice and clean. The NJ is really old and could use some cleanup. I know that Dr Traub wants to move all the retrieval to SI but I think he is waiting for all the permits.
The nurse always knew my name, I was always called with instructions and the doctor always was ready to speak with me at the appointment.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
dr Traub was always available and super responsive to the emails. Whatever questions I had they were answered. When our first transfer didn't work we were seen the same day we found out and he already had few options for us to choose from. He explained to us all the pros and cons of each.
Ask questions and they will be answered. Ask for all the options and be prepared when you go in.
I was told right away my options and best and worse case scenarios. I am as on high dose of gonal F, Menopur and clomid as I am a poor responder. This resulted in 7 eggs retrieved and all of them fertilized. 4 were frozen and PGA tested. 3 were normal.
2 IVF, Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
During the 2 week wait they [Island Repro Services ] know patients are anxious about results and no one called to give us results making us nervous...I had nurse Sally and she she was caring l. Helpful and amazing....Close to home, hours are very convenient... Even on holidays arrangements are made for the facility to be open if you need it...Overall it was a great experience...Dr traub was knowledgeable in his field and responded to emails and concerns almost immediately.
2 IVF, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Close to home, hours are very convenient if there is a major concern, Dr traub is just an email away and he responds almost immediately. Even on holidays arrangements are made for the facility to be open if you need it.
Care was professional and he was knowledgeable in the field
I had nurse Sally and she she was caring l. Helpful and amazing.
What specific things went wrong at Island Reproductive Services?
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr traub was knowledgeable in his field and responded to emails and concerns almost immediately. He was aware of the situation and made sure we understood what we were getting into. Overall it was a great experience
Be patient, listen and ask questions when you have concerns
Ended up costing and 9,000$ without medications
Dr traub wanted us to transfer a single embryo to decrease chances of multiple pregnancies but we were not so comfortable with the singleton transfer