Genetic counseling: Offered
3000 Hadley Road
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
1110 South Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Island Reproductive Services to a friend?
9.7

9.7

2 doctors
2015 - 2019
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
We had 13 embryos frozen since our first go-round [at Island Reproductive Services]...I was on crinone gel, progesterone pills, baby aspirin, estradiol, prednisone (all different doses/times). The bloodwork was consistently done to monitor my status and where I was at with my cycle and thankfully now, my pregnancy!...Sally and Melissa [nurses] are always kind and compassionate. They always listen and take the time to explain things either over the phone or in person. I had a bleeding scare a couple of times early on, and sally was always there by phone and even came to check on me during my ultrasound visit with Dr. Traub to check the baby.
2015 - 2019
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Clean facility, quick service, thorough care. Most of my appointments were in Staten Island at Richmond Valley location but I did my transfers in NJ. Staff at both places both morning and evening were always nice and accommodating.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
He was always responsive and answered my questions. He made sure I understood my treatment, the processes and expected results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally and Melissa)
Sally and Melissa are always kind and compassionate. They always listen and take the time to explain things either over the phone or in person. I had a bleeding scare a couple of times early on, and sally was always there by phone and even came to check on me during my ultrasound visit with Dr. Traub to check the baby.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
I cannot say enough good about Dr. Traub. He was always knowledgeable and straightforward, putting nerves and anxiety at ease, but always lets you know the risks of things. He was always timely, caring, spent the time with you, always available via email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Listen to him! He knows best. Better than you, better than google! Google will freak you out, and his advice may contradict what you read, but every time I felt something was missing based on what I read online, Dr. Traub always knew best and put my google obsession to rest. TRUST your doctor.
Describe the protocols Michael Traub used in your cycles at Island Reproductive Services and their degree of success.
This transfer was a 5 day frozen transfer. We had 13 embryos frozen since our first go-round. I was on crinone gel, progesterone pills, baby aspirin, estradiol, prednisone (all different doses/times). The bloodwork was consistently done to monitor my status and where I was at with my cycle and thankfully now, my pregnancy! We are in the process of weaning me off the meds after just about 2 months. I am a couple days shy of 10 weeks pregnant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services.
~17-20k all-in for the first IVF process in its entirety. For the second frozen transfer about 5k all-in for procedure, meds copays etc.
Describe Michael Traub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Reproductive Services.
Based on the results of my retrieval years ago, there was no indication to transfer multiples. I appreciate his approach to single pregnancies whenever possible.
Staten Island

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services.

The strengths are that ALL of the staff [Island Reproductive Services] is lovely. The main office where IUI/IVF is done has a wonderful, friendly staff that know you by name. They’re always helpful, friendly & accomodating. The office is also very nice & clean. The location I go to (which is closer to my house) is specifically for the early morning blood work & sonograms. That staff is also wonderful. Always greeted nicely no matter how early. I feel very comfortable going there. I
European, Other
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
The strengths are that ALL of the staff is lovely. The main office where IUI/IVF is done has a wonderful, friendly staff that know you by name. They’re always helpful, friendly & accomodating. The office is also very nice & clean. The location I go to (which is closer to my house) is specifically for the early morning blood work & sonograms. That staff is also wonderful. Always greeted nicely no matter how early. I feel very comfortable going there. I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about this clinic. I have yet to encounter any issues with them thus far.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
I felt like a human because of his delivery and explanations. He looked us in the eye when giving us the very detailed information. He drew us pictures to better explain. He joked around at times making it a little more lighthearted. He answered any question no matter how many times I asked. It’s always been a good experience thus far.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
I really like Katie. She did one of my IUIs and I had no issue with it. She always returns calls promptly and answers any & all questions, no matter how repetitive. One cycle when i couldn’t make it in on IUI day due to a snow storm that left me stranded, she talked to me with such compassion. We were calling each other back & forth. She was comforting & overall very helpful. She’s extremely knowledgeable. I trust her very much.
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
I found him to be nice, smart and to the point. He doesn’t sugar coat things. He isn’t going to hug you and coddle you. But he will explain everything in detail. He’ll let you know all the bad things that can happen. He keeps it real and I liked that. He also has a sense of humor which is nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Don’t expect to have your hand held or be talked to like a child. You’re getting the facts, you’re getting what you need.
Describe the protocols Eric Knochenhauer used in your cycles at Island Reproductive Services and their degree of success.
After my husband and I were tested (blood work, semen analysis, sonogram, HSG) he advised that my husband has slight male factor and our best option would be to start with IUI. 1st cycle was without any medication. It resulted in a negative result. 2nd cycle was with clomid, estradiol & progesterone - also negative. 3rd cycle with clomid, estradiol & progesterone - also negative. At this point we sit down with him & go over everything. He says that a polyp (which was detected during HSG should be removed - I had initially decided against the surgery out of fear of surgery - I have Lupus & don’t usually recover well from surgery). He advised me that where my polyp is can cause a miscarriage (70% chance). He left it to us if we wanted to do the next IUI cycle before my surgery (January ‘19) or to not risk it & put it on hold til after surgery. We decided to put it on hold. I had surgery in January - he removed the whole polyp which was bigger than expected. I healed well with no issues & am scheduled for my 4th IUI tomorrow. I’ve taken clomid & estradiol so far this cycle & will most likely be put on progesterone afterwards.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services.
Sonograms $30 each time Blood work $20 each time Visit $30 each time IUI $20 each time Clomid $6 each prescription Estradiol $6 each prescription Progesterone $6 each prescription Trigger shot $165 each Surgery $300
Staten Island

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services.

The clinic [Island Reproductive Services] runs very efficiently, especially in the morning for morning monitoring. For my first IVF visit, I met with a nurse who taught me how to prepare and administer the injections and I also met with a financial coordinator who explained the costs involved. It was a convenient to be able to meet with them both on the same day...Dr. Traub has two nurses, Melissa and Sally, and they are both kind and compassionate. I always felt comfortable asking them questions, and they never made me feel silly for doing so. They have helped me a lot throughout this process.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
The clinic runs very efficiently, especially in the morning for morning monitoring. For my first IVF visit, I met with a nurse who taught me how to prepare and administer the injections and I also met with a financial coordinator who explained the costs involved. It was a convenient to be able to meet with them both on the same day.
It is evident that Dr.Traub truly cares about his patients. He very patiently answers every question that I have, and he allows his patients to email him at any time with any additional questions or concerns.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub is very knowledgeable and caring. He is honest, and he makes his decisons based on his own experiences as well as based on current research. In terms of performing procedures, it is evident that he is extremely experienced and careful as they cause minimal discomfort.
My advice would be to listen to what he says and ask him any questions you may have as opposed to turning to google for answers.
For my egg retrieval, I was initially started on a low dose combination of Menopur/Gonal F. After a few days, my follicles were not responding so he increased the dose of each and I also started doing the injections IM, and the combination of these things did the trick. I remember being very discouraged when I found out that my follicles were not responding but Dr. Traub was reassuring in saying that he was not yet concerned and he simply thought we had to make a couple adjustments. And he was right. I took five days of Cetrotide prior to my retrieval and I did a dual trigger of 40 units of Lupron and HcG.
Roughly $15,000
Dr. Traub is definitely a proponent of single embryo transfer, as long as they are genetically normal embryos, and he fully explains why.

2014 - 2018
Strengths: they call when they say they are going to. They elaborate on EVERYTHING. They are on time with appointments. They are accommodating to your needs. Weaknesses: okay honestly I have never been in a situation where I was like “I wish they did...” I have experience in the medical field and they really make your experience as smooth sailing as possible. Smiles all around...even the sad crappy appointments they somehow make it alright.
2014 - 2018
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
He addressed all my concerns, answered all my crazy questions. He is so honest and so blunt which is appreciated more than he knows.
They are just the loveliest bunch! They speak to you and treat you like they care, they sympathize, they explain everything in detail. I can’t tell you how many times my questions were answered before I even asked.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
From the get go he was able to figure out why we are having trouble conceiving. The way he speaks is so confident, he knows what he is talking about and he knows something needs to change with protocol. He won’t sit there and keep trying the same thing when he knows it is not going to work. He responds to you through email at any time...nights...weekends....it’s amazing. Things aren’t going our way with treatment and he’s determined to get something to work for us. We’re on the Ivf route now and it’s scary and exciting but there’s a calm feeling knowing that I’m going to be under his care.
Prepare for bluntness. I actually love that more than sugarcoating it. Just lay it all out there, give it to me straight doc.
For both iuis I went for baseline bloodwork and ultrasound, then I took letrozole CD 4-8 (the first time) and CD 3-7 (the second time). I went back for a follicle check twice since My follicles we’re slacking. I did the trigger shot 36 hours before iui both times. The iui procedure took 2 minutes and then he talked to us for a few minutes more. Unfortunately they both ended in negative results which now brings us to Ivf. We have not started because we have no coverage and the expenses are a little steep.
Both iuis were $1250
South Plainfield

The office [Island Reproductive Services] is very organized and every single staff member is patient and warm. They make you feel comfortable and show that they care about their patients. The morning monitoring staff is excellent as well. They were always friendly and helpful. The staff from the doctors to the receptionists are exceptional. ... The nurses and staff were very kind and thorough when relaying information. They truly care about their patients.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
The office is very organized and every single staff member is patient and warm. They make you feel comfortable and show that they care about their patients. The morning monitoring staff is excellent as well. They were always friendly and helpful. The staff from the doctors to the receptionists are exceptional.
Dr. Traub included my husband and I in all decisions and truly took the time to explain every detail of my treatment. He was always available by email and responded within hours answering any questions I had.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub is an exceptional doctor who is knowledgeable, caring, and thorough. He is truly the best and makes you feel so comfortable and hopeful. He is very accessible as well, answering emails within hours (even on weekends). I would highly recommend Dr. Traub!
He makes himself completely available to his patients any time they have questions or concerns, which is very comforting while going through a stressful time.
During frozen embryo transfer: prednisone, baby aspirin, estradiol, progesterone pill, Crinone
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Island Reproductive Services.
The monitoring appointments were always quick and easy. I hardly ever had to wait. I was always in and out within minutes of it was just bloodwork. The ultrasounds were also very easy and quick. The girls at the monitoring appointments were excellent.
Majority was covered by insurance, I paid about $1500 out of pocket and then a few thousand more genetic testing. Frozen embry transfer around $550
It was not necessary in my situation to consider multiple embryo transfer
Staten Island
Anytime I was unsure of payments or if a medication would be covered the staff [Island Reproductive Services] helped me to figure out a way to get the costs down. ... I felt that this clinic was exactly what I was looking for. Everyone was very friendly and made you feel like you belonged there. They were willing to answer questions and you felt like they really knew each patient. It was clean and I never had to wait long. I always left smiling and looking forward to the next visit. ...
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Dr. Traub was willing to answer any questions I had at any time of the day. He listened to our concerns and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally )
Sally, as well as the rest of the staff was very compassionate and understanding. She was available to answer any questions and always willing to talk at any time. She made me feel calm and comfortable.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub was extremely understanding and made me feel safe under his care. I trusted him each step of the way and felt that he has a great understanding of my situation. I knew he was looking out for our best interested and was very patient through the process, which made me feel calmer throughout as well.
Listen to him! He knows best! Also, no question is “silly”. Ask away!
Dr. Traub first had us take tests to see exactly what the problem was. We started off with a natural cycle and then continued with letrozole and estrogen. Next, we moved onto using a shot to help me ovulate. After this we went through 5 iui cycles. The last cycle worked!
Anytime I was unsure of payments or if a medication would be covered the staff helped me to figure out a way to get the costs down. Although some of the process was costly, it was not more than any other treatments. Always check with the doctor or insurance company to see if there are other ways to save money. They will help.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Island Reproduction is amazing. They are knowledgeable, compassionate, and have unbelievable success rates for women like myself and many others. As far as weaknesses are concerned i truly cannot thing of a single weakness. The doctors and staff and just amazing. When we “graduated” from Dr Traub back to our OB is was bittersweet. We were sad to move on because the office had pretty much become a family to us; and excited because that meant our little one was growing and progressing well.
Dr. Traub and his staff were so warm and welcoming each time my husband and I entered the office. Through the retrieval process and surgeries done for the endometriosis Dr. Traub and his staff always made us feel comfortable and informed to each step of the process. They made one of the hardest processes my husband and I have gone through that much easier.
They were absolutely wonderful. Compassionate and knowledgeable. Whenever I had questions they always answered them confidently and made me feel comfortable with their responses. Any time I called the office with questions they called back before the end of the night each time.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub took the time and effort each time we entered his office. When I sent emails with concerns he answered them within hours to ease my mind and reassure that everything was okay. He was very straight forward with results and plans going forward.
Trust everything he says! He’s always right!
Dr. Traub had us skip straight to IVF due to endometriosis. He was forward with our options. He set us up with the nurses who explained the medication and administration of such medication prior to egg retrieval. Once we retrieved our eggs Dr. Traub explained what he had retrieved once I was able to understand. The office kept constant contact with us over the 6 days that the embryos developed. When it came time to implant Dr. Traub explained the entire procedure to me step by step and walked me through each moment as he completed the transfer. Happy to report we are currently pregnant and progressing nicely with a healthy pregnancy. Dr. Traub also removed endometriosis via laparoscopic surgery. Once again Dr. Traub explained everything every step of the way and was very compassionate with my husband after the procedure.
They were very easy and simple to make. Each time I went for blood work on the morning I completed a Sono if needed. The best part about doing them back to back was that the hours they did this were before work so I didn’t miss a day of work or have to leave early.
Approximately $6,000 out of pocket. That includes all medications, copays for procedures (including the IVF process), and all blood work and sonogram copays.
None

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I did not experience a weakness with the clinic [Island Reproductive Services]... it’s a one stop shop. Everything you need for fertility treatments is present. Having to go to the same place for various procedures helps keep the patient calm, always knowing what to expect. The staff makes a point to learn names and call you by your name before filling out paper work. The entire staff showed deep compassion and decorum to my husband as he went for sperm samples. My husband is very humble and he felt comfortable with all the staff.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Strengths: it’s a one stop shop. Everything you need for fertility treatments is present. Having to go to the same place for various procedures helps keep the patient calm, always knowing what to expect. The staff makes a point to learn names and call you by your name before filling out paper work. The entire staff showed deep compassion and decorum to my husband as he went for sperm samples. My husband is very humble and he felt comfortable with all the staff. I did not experience a weakness with the clinic.
Dr. Traub and his team were thorough and explained every step of the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally and Melissa; they worked as a team and knew me well.)
Sally and Melissa walked me through the process of my IVF medicine. They called me around the same time every day, considerate of my work schedule. Sally was the nurse at my egg retrieval seeing me through the entire process.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
During my initial consultation, Dr. Traub explained the method he uses in diagnosing potential infertility. This included a battery of blood tests, x-rays, and sonograms. After each of these steps, Dr. Traub informed my husband and I of our next steps. Dr. Traub gave us all the necessary information to make our decision in starting our family.
The advice does not relate to Dr. Traub as a physician, but rather the process. Dr. Traub is thorough and a prospective patient needs to be patient with the process.
Dr. Traub always started with a benchmark blood test. After establishing information, medicine would be prescribed followed by more blood tests to ensure that the levels were correct. As we got closer to retrieving the eggs, sonograms were given every few days. The idea was to stimulate my ovaries, but not over stimulate gathering many eggs, but not all viable for fertilization.
Our insurance covered 75%. We were responsible for 25% of the total cost.
I only had one viable embryo after genetic testing. Previous to this, Dr. Traub explained that given my age, weight, and pre existing condition of high blood pressure, more than one embryo transfer would be unsafe to my overall health.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They [Island Reproductive Services] are a small clinic with offices in both Staten Island, and New Jersey which worked wonderfully for me as at the time I was driving from NJ to SI everyday for work. They have an in house lab which allows them to analyze their own lab results and their embryo lab is excellent. However, because they are a small facility if the rare emergency arises for an individual staff member or equipment (computer issue, phlebotomist sick ...), it can be hassle to adjust to say get labwork elsewhere.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
They are a small clinic with offices in both Staten Island, and New Jersey which worked wonderfully for me as at the time I was driving from NJ to SI everyday for work. They have an in house lab which allows them to analyze their own lab results and their embryo lab is excellent. However, because they are a small facility if the rare emergency arises for an individual staff member or equipment (computer issue, phlebotomist sick ...), it can be hassle to adjust to say get labwork elsewhere.
Dr. Traub was straight forward with what we were dealing with and answered my many many questions. He presented our options and shared his opinions on what we could do. The clinic is small so I could email Dr. Traub directly whenever I had questions or concerns and he was quick to reply back.
They were very warm and compassionate as well as helpful in accommodating my timing for phone calls (i.e. right after work) with instructions. They understood that I needed a time when I could have them repeat, ask questions, and write down information as especially in the beginning I was nervous.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub was an excellent doctor for general fertility needs including IUI and IVF dealing with PCOS and male factor. He was able to adjust meds so that we retrieved a reasonable amount; 16 eggs all of which were mature and fertilized, 9 made it to blast, and 5 were genetically normal. Unfortunately, as we were dealing with autoimmune issues resulting in recurrent miscarriages we needed more than his expertise was able to provide.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, he will answer them. There were several times when we first started this process where I unnecessarily worried about stuff that I later asked and felt better once I had answers.
Retrieval- clomid, ganirelix, gonalF, Menopur 3 FETs (2 miscarriages, 1 negative*) - baby aspirin, estrogen pills, progesterone pills, crinone *Benadryl & lovenox for last transfer
Clinic opened for monitoring at 7 I arrived 6:45 and usually was the first one or two people there, so not often a line. They have ultrsound techs so don't explain everything or tell you what they are seeing but you can ask.
The insurance I had at the time (United Healthcare) covered some of this and thankfully we had a family friend help us out for copays and meds not covered.
Strongly recommended eSET as we had tested embryos

1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
They [Island Repro Services] are efficient in their workflow. Received co-insurance bills which was somewhat annoying. It seems like there were always charges for something even though my insurance covers monitoring...Sally was great and showed empathy to me as a patient. However, she would not answer questions and I would need to email Dr. Traub anyway. The other nursing staff were ok, including the sonogram techs and the phlebotomist. They were all nice, but were not very knowledgeable about answers to questions.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
They are efficient in their workflow. Received co-insurance bills which was somewhat annoying. It seems like there were always charges for something even though my insurance covers monitoring.
He is an ok doctor, but doesnt have the best bed side manner. The office runs efficiently, but sometimes it seems like they are just out to make money. My one gripe is that I was and still am very emotionally invested and he never once told me to take a break or anything. Right after surgery we did another retrieval. I dont think he is able to see holistically at all fertility related needs. He is just looking at things from a medical stand point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally)
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
When the results were not as expected, he said its just bad luck. When after four transfers with five embryos there was no pregnancy, he compared my eggs to that of a honda and said i would never be a benz. I wish he was more upfront about things instead of waiting until there are no other options except starting over. in terms of demeanor hes a nice guy, but again doesnt see fertility issues as anything more than from a medical perspective. Vitamins, acuptuncture, etc. are all bs to him. only after 3 failed transfers did he even agree to a endo scratch even though he called it fraud previously.
if you are paying out of pocket, he will never say no. that means that where another doctor might say take a break to heal after surgery, he would never do that.
dr traub only subscribes to antagonist protocols. i did high stims with clomid and he never tried anything different.
it was very efficient. they never seemed to have more than 3-4 patients in the office at one time.
it cost 22k for two cycles; paid out of pocket plus thousands more for medication.
he prefers to do a single transfer, but if you are paying out of pocket it seems like he will do whatever you request.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
They [Island Repro Services] are warm and friendly. Every time I have a question or need clarification they take the time to clearly explain my treatment. They make sure I understand my conditions, how they affect my treatment. They are always patient with me and willing to answer billing and finance questions as well. I never feel rushed and I never feel like I am being bother in any way... They could give more info about payments and your test results numbers up front without you having to ask.
European, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
They are kind, compassionate, and good communicators. They could give more info about payments and your test results numbers up front without you having to ask.
I absolutely love doctor Dr. Knochenhauer and his staff. They are warm and friendly. Every time I have a question or need clarification they take the time to clearly explain my treatment. They make sure I understand my conditions, how they affect my treatment. They are always patient with me and willing to answer billing and finance questions as well. I never feel rushed and I never feel like I am being bother in any way. I have complete trust in Dr. Knochenhauer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Katie )
Katie is just as great as Dr. Knochenhauer. She is patient, kind, understanding and very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
I have seen Dr. Knochenhauer several times. I come in with questions about my treatment, what next steps are, and why he feels the treatment he choose is best for me. I leave every appointment with a clear understanding of what my current progress is. What we know about my reproductive system. What the best plan of action is and why Dr. Knochenhauer feels that the recommended treatment will work best for me.
Never be afraid to ask your questions.
To treat anovulation My first cycle was 5mg Letrozole with a 250mcg ovidrel trigger shot, 200 mg progesterone, 2 mg estradiol and times intercource. My second cycle was 10 mg Letrozole with a 250 mcg ovidrel trigger shot, progesterone and estrogen were not needed and we had timed intercorse. Due to my hormone levels, and lining My third cycle was an IUI with 10 mg Letrozole, 2 mg progesterone and 4 mg estradiol.
Yes they advised what the cost would be
Staten Island

The Clinic [Island Reproductive Services] has all the facility with the Egg retrieval and Embryo transfer available at the same clinic. The clinic was organised as well as there was no wait time to meet the doctor or other tests. The staff at the clinic was very helpful.... They [the nurses] were helpful and gave us as well showed us how to take medications especially the progesterone shots. Very caring and were always available for any of our questions.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
The Clinic has all the facility with the Egg retrieval and Embryo transfer available at the same clinic. The clinic was organised as well as there was no wait time to meet the doctor or other tests. The staff at the clinic was very helpful.
He understood our concerns and out situation and explained us thoroughly about each and very step of the treatment. He was very Helpful.
They were helpful and gave us as well showed us how to take medications especially the progesterone shots. Very caring and were always available for any of our questions.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
He was very caring and helped us throughout the treatment giving us all the information and help needed through the treatment. He was available whenever we needed him. Would respond to our emails right away even during Non office hours and days. He knew our concerns and would explain elaborately about each and very questions we had. Explained us all the possible outcomes at each step and gave us the best advise and treatment.
He is the best doctor to help you get the right treatment as well as helping and assisting you at every step.
Started with Clomid one cycle. No Positive result. Then we started IVF treatment. Used Medication - Follistim and menopur before the egg retrieval. 24 eggs were retrieved. 7 Embroys created. One Embroy transfer yielded in negative pregnancy. Second Embroy transfer resulted in Positive Result.
Total Cost - $20,000
Due to the age being 30 and below, we were advised to have Single Embryo transfer since we had more chance of positive pregnancy due to the age.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Nursing staff [at Island Reproductive Services] is great, very caring. Even the billing staff is kind and caring and informative. MD [Dr. Michael Traub] responses to emails in a timely matter making him feel very accessible to you. He will explain anything you ask. Have only done three failed IUIs so far so unable to speak of IVF course just yet...[nurses] Always very compassionate and caring when on the phone giving you negative results and in person. They are great.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Nursing staff is great, very caring. Even the billing staff is kind and caring and informative. MD responses to emails in a timely matter making him feel very accessible to you. He will explain anything you ask. Have only done three failed IUIs so far so unable to speak of IVF course just yet
Answers emails quickly, I wouldn’t say that it felt very personalized, but the doctor himself always answered any question I had in a timely matter and felt approachable
All the nursing staff is wonderful. Always very compassionate and caring when on the phone giving you negative results and in person. They are great.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
He’s very blunt and doesn’t sugar coat your situation - which I appreciate. I never felt pressure to jump into IVF, although he recommended that be the best course of action for me- I went with IUI first and he never made me feel like that was wrong- just honest that it doesn’t have the best odds. We are embarking on an IVF treatment soon so I’ll be able to speak to that in the future -however he is always just an email away and answers promptly.
I think with any doctor you need to trust them, if you feel like you don’t have that then that doctor is not right for you
IUI x 3 with clomid 50mg day 2-7 cycle and then trigger shot 36 hours before IUI All negative
IVF cycle estimated at 9,000 with basic PGS and freezing, but without medication

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
All staff at Dr. Traub's clinic [Island Reproductive Services] was very communicative, friendly, making you feel well every single time of your visit. Never be afraid to make questions they for sure will come back to you. Our nurses Sally and Melissa ,staff employees Jessica,Susan,Jackie and the rest of the staff whom we had met during our treatment always greeted us warmly, were always kind, caring and helpful. ...
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
All staff at Dr. Traub's clinic was very communicative, friendly, making you feel well every single time of your visit. Never be afraid to make questions they for sure will come back to you. Our nurses Sally and Melissa ,staff employees Jessica,Susan,Jackie and the rest of the staff whom we had met during our treatment always greeted us warmly, were always kind, caring and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally, Melissa)
Very communicative, available, always taking care of you.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
For me and my husband meeting Dr. Traub and being his patients was a blessing. Since our first visit with him we felt we were in very good hands. He started with some blood test to check each of us and have a plan for what's gonna be next. Never met so compassionate, available, communicative doctor. He always explains the process, telling you which gonna be next steps and living us with no doubts or insecurity. Dr. Traub is always available and taking care of you even if you are not able to see him in his office, just sending him an e-mail he will reply right away, which was so helpful. Definitely will recommend Dr. Traub to my friends and anyone who is looking for a very good fertility doctor.
Have trust on him, he knows what he's doing.
HCG testing, laparoscopy for endometriosis treatment, cyst removal, unblocking tubes, IUI

2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
There is usually not a long wait at all [at Island Reproductive Services]. It is very clean and a friendly environment. Blood work happens early morning, the good thing is you are able to go without missing work. I would go in for my blood work and scan at 7 am, then be able to make it to work on time. They would call with any changes to my medication that i needed...When a nurse called me to change my medication they would go over it and not hang up until they were sure i understood.
2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
There is usually not a long wait at all. It is very clean and a friendly environment. Blood work happens early morning, the good thing is you are able to go without missing work. I would go in for my blood work and scan at 7 am, then be able to make it to work on time. They would call with any changes to my medication that i needed.
Going through this process is extremely difficult. Dr Traub and his staff took time out to speak with me and explain things to me. Sometimes i was emotional, when that occurred they were patient. Dr Traub understood I wanted to get straight to the point, even when he was delivering bad news, he took his time and over the years made me feel as if i was his only patient. He didnt give me up, and made me feel hopeful when i wanted to give up.
Super Friendly. Caring. When a nurse called me to change my medication they would go over it and not hang up until they were sure i understood.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub is a very caring doctor. He took time to answer any questions i ever had. I would email him constantly, and would get a response even if it was Friday or Saturday night. He explained every procedure to me and explained why or how things accrued. I wouldn't have my family if not for him.
He is very straight forward and to the point. You need to meet with him a few times before you understand how he is as a doctor. After your first few visits you wont want any other doctor!

2012 - 2017
Other, Unexplained
Katie and Roe [nurses at Island Reproductive Services] were a pleasure to deal with. Always friendly and compassionate when things did not go well. They were genuinely upset as well. I could not have done a lot of this with out them and their guidance and patience with helping me.... All staff at this clinic are amazing and truly care about your well being and mental state when things don't go as planned. They never rushed me and always answered my numerous and constant questions.
2012 - 2017
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
In the beginning the location was concoent for me however they did retrievals and transfers in the NJ office. This was out of the way. They have since built a beautiful new state of the art facility however it is now much further for me.
Katie and Roe were a pleasure to deal with. Always friendly and compassionate when things did not go well. They were genuinely upset as well. I could not have done a lot of this with out them and their guidance and patience with helping me
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr K is very knowledgeable in his field. He was always open and honest and took time to see me any time I had a question. His dry sense of humor really helped me get through some difficult situations. And he is very compassionate. He wants to see his patients succeed.
Always push for the treatment you want. I did a lot of my own research and requested separate tests be done that weren't initially offered.
I had no real issues so it was a matter of trial error. Once I had repeated failed attempts he had me take multiple blood tests, saline sono and an endometrial scratch where some issues were found. And my medication changed as a result.
Describe Eric Knochenhauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Reproductive Services.
It was always our choice as a couple. He was not fond of transferring more than 2 but we agreed so there was never any issues
Staten Island

All of the nurses at Dr. Traub office [Island Reproductive Services] called you everyday with updates after you morning monitoring. They gave you detailed instructions and were kind and compassionate... amazing office that I highly recommend and I am very happy I went with them. They are very well organized and run efficiently. They get things done when they say they will and always call you back the same day. Honestly for the time I have been a patient here I have not encountered any weaknesses in the clinic. As difficult and emotional this process can be they made the experience positive
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Dr. Traub and his entire staff are compassionate accommodating and welcoming. Dr. traub is personable and answers all emails to all questions very quickly.
All of the nurses at Dr. Traub office called you everyday with updates after you morning monitoring. They gave you detailed instructions and were kind and compassionate
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub is an amazing Doctor. He addresses the need of the patient and develops a plan and explains everything throughly to the patient. He was gentle kind and compassionate and I would highly recommend him to others.
Have trust in Dr. Traub. He is honest and tells you exactly how it is. Do not be afraid to ask questions or email him!
300 gonal F 75 menopur Cetrotide HCG
$1000 PGS testing $200 per embryo tested 1200$ cryoperservation
Single embryo transfer only recommended in PGS tested

2016 - 2019
The nurses [at Island Reproductive Services] were amazing as well. They answered all of my questions and always were there when I needed them...My ivf process was covered by insurance 75%. I still paid well over $20,000 altogether for both of my pregnancy cycles and my failed cycle...I can’t come up with any weaknesses. They are a great clinic overall. Everything there is new and clean. And they are super accommodating to my needs. They always called me back and answered all of my questions. Also their wait time was not bad at all! I love that they have super early hours for bloodwork and sonograms for those of us that have to be at work early.
2016 - 2019
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Dr Traub is a very caring doctor who remembers everything about me as an individual.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally and Melissa )
The nurses were amazing as well. They answered all of my questions and always were there when I needed them.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
He is just a caring, knowledgeable man and I’m grateful I chose him as my doctor. He is respectful and has experience bedside manner as well. And he remembers me as a person, not a patient. Every time I go to him he remember everything about me and my entire history.
Listen to him. He can be trusted!
I underwent surgery for Stage IV Endometriosis and as soon as I was healed we started the ivf cycle.
I trust his choices completely.
Staten Island

Every time I went into the clinic [Island Reproductive Services-Staten Island], they knew my name as I walked in the door and greeted me kindly. Also with Dr. Knochenhauer personally, I can tell he truly cares about getting me pregnant and it’s upsetting to him as well.... I’m so not remember all dosage but every IVF cycle I took Estradiol, PIO and medrol but dosage would be adjusted each time after blood and sono if needed. Last cycle I also took baby aspiring which had a positive beta but sadly it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy.
Every time I went into the clinic, they knew my name as I walked in the door and greeted me kindly. Also with Dr. Knochenhauer personally, I can tell he truly cares about getting me pregnant and it’s upsetting to him as well.
Very kind and ready to answer any questions
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Knochenhauer makes sure you understand the protocol and the risks. He goes everything until you’re comfortable with it and it very compassionate. Even though I have not had success yet, I wouldn’t hange doctors because he is doing everything possible to figure out what my issue is. I have had numerous tests and different protocols. I finally ya da positive last transfer and am very hopeful for this coming transfer.
Just trust in what he is telling you and if you have any questions at all, ask.

3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The staff [Island Reproductive Services] was always friendly, helpful and seemed to really care. Appointments were always quick, but thorough. ... I have never been to another facility to compare, but this office is very new, clean and organized. ... Sally [nurse] was always very friendly and answered all of my many questions. ... His staff [Dr. Traub] also was always extremely nice and helpful.
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
I have never been to another facility to compare, but this office is very new, clean and organized. The staff was always friendly, helpful and seemed to really care. Appointments were always quick, but thorough. I dont see any weaknesses.
Dr. Traub answered all of my many emails within a hour whether it was a weekday or the weekend. His staff also was always extremely nice and helpful.
Sally was always very friendly and answered all of my many questions.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub was very helpful and knowledgeable from the first meeting and made me feel like he will be able to answer our prayers of having children after 2 miscarriages. We now have one healthy 1 year old boy and another on the way. Hewas always eager to go over the full process and we couldn't have had a better experience.
Don't let the young face fool you! He is very knowledgeable.
Knowing that I had poor egg quality, Dr. Traub aimed to have my eggs retrieved and genetically tested.
My treatments were mostly covered by my insurance other then the genetic testing of the embryos.
Staten Island

The wait to see doctor is sometimes quite long [at Island Reproductive Services]. However they never seem to schedule too many patients on one day. I have never seen more than 4 patients waiting. The office staff is quite pleasant and helpful.... Both doctor and nurses and other office workers were pleasant and helpful. They made it a point to know you name and was quick to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
The wait to see doctor is sometimes quite long. However they never seem to schedule too many patients on one day. I have never seen more than 4 patients waiting. The office staff is quite pleasant and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services.
They were nice and available to answer any questions.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr Traub was the second RE I visited as I was with treatment from the first. Dr. Traub was candid and plainly explained the entire IVF process and expectations. I like that he was always pleasant, positive and knowlegeable.
I would advise you to ask ask any questions you might have to better know the entire fertility journey.
My first RE had me on a mini IVF and this I found was wasteful considering the expense. I yielded 3 egg. Dr. Traub disagreed with this treatment. His treatment was just a "norma" IVF protcol. I was able to get 8 eggs and 5 day 5 embryos. All were PGS tested normal.
Dr. Traub prefers single transfer. I was given the option to select the specific embryo I wished to transfer.
South Plainfield

[Island Reproductive Services-Staten Island is] Clean, calm environment. Always willing to accommodate you, answers all questions and always returns calls . Conventiely open during evening hours for those that work and return calls on weekends... [The nursing staff is] Very welcoming and always willing to answer questions
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
It’s great and I highly recommend. Clean, calm environment. Always willing to accommodate you, answers all questions and always returns calls . Conventiely open during evening hours for those that work and return calls on weekends
Dr Traub always answers any and all questions and explains everything in details without rushing you out. He explained that my chances of conceiving without ivf were extremely slim but went ahead and tried iui as well as a couple of cycles with just fertility treatments but all resulted in a negative pregnancy test
Very welcoming and always willing to answer questions
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
He is an excellent dr with a caring and compassionate personality. He truly puts his all into every one of his patients and explains every thing in detail . I never felt rushed in his office . Always felt very comfortable and knew going Into this what kind of outcome to expect based on our discussion. Dr Traub feels with my diminished ovarian eggs I need ivf but don’t have the funds for it and still allowed me to go ahead and try fertility drugs and a few iui cycles to test my luck.
He’s one of the most caring and honest dr’s.
Copays for visits and iui cycles
Staten Island
The nurse [at Island Reproductive Services] always knew my name, I was always called with instructions and the doctor always was ready to speak with me at the appointment...The basic with ICSI was about 11-12k, anesthesia 600, we had a frozen cycle , extra embryo transfer was 3k...We had 3 embryos to transfer one high grade and the other two lower. Dr suggested to transfer just one of the highest quality and my husband wanted to transfer two but dr suggested that it will not raise our odds too much. We decided with one and this did not take. After that we went with two and one took resulting in one live pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
The Staten Island location is new nice and clean. The NJ is really old and could use some cleanup. I know that Dr Traub wants to move all the retrieval to SI but I think he is waiting for all the permits.
The nurse always knew my name, I was always called with instructions and the doctor always was ready to speak with me at the appointment.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
dr Traub was always available and super responsive to the emails. Whatever questions I had they were answered. When our first transfer didn't work we were seen the same day we found out and he already had few options for us to choose from. He explained to us all the pros and cons of each.
Ask questions and they will be answered. Ask for all the options and be prepared when you go in.
I was told right away my options and best and worse case scenarios. I am as on high dose of gonal F, Menopur and clomid as I am a poor responder. This resulted in 7 eggs retrieved and all of them fertilized. 4 were frozen and PGA tested. 3 were normal.

2 IVF, Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
During the 2 week wait they [Island Repro Services ] know patients are anxious about results and no one called to give us results making us nervous...I had nurse Sally and she she was caring l. Helpful and amazing....Close to home, hours are very convenient... Even on holidays arrangements are made for the facility to be open if you need it...Overall it was a great experience...Dr traub was knowledgeable in his field and responded to emails and concerns almost immediately.
2 IVF, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Close to home, hours are very convenient if there is a major concern, Dr traub is just an email away and he responds almost immediately. Even on holidays arrangements are made for the facility to be open if you need it.
Care was professional and he was knowledgeable in the field
I had nurse Sally and she she was caring l. Helpful and amazing.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr traub was knowledgeable in his field and responded to emails and concerns almost immediately. He was aware of the situation and made sure we understood what we were getting into. Overall it was a great experience
Be patient, listen and ask questions when you have concerns
Ended up costing and 9,000$ without medications
Dr traub wanted us to transfer a single embryo to decrease chances of multiple pregnancies but we were not so comfortable with the singleton transfer
Staten Island

The entire office staff [at Island Reproductive Services] is wonderful. Every single person in the office is patient, understanding and caring. They are always there to help with any concerns or even just to guide you through what can be a very difficult, emotional process. Sally was especially wonderful...The clinic is a new, beautiful facility. It was clean and well-maintained. The clinic also has an alternate location for testing that is convenient for those who need to get to work in the morning while still keeping up with cycles and testing.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Dr. Traub and his staff always made us feel comfortable at every step of the process. They were accessible with any question big or small, even via email. They talked me through procedures and made me feel at ease during a difficult process.
The entire office staff is wonderful. Every single person in the office is patient, understanding and caring. They are always there to help with any concerns or even just to guide you through what can be a very difficult, emotional process. Sally was especially wonderful.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Traub. He was wonderful. Dr. Traub explained every step of the process and made sure that we were comfortable at every point. He answered all of my questions and was always accessible - even via email. He never made me feel that any question was too small.
If you are looking for a doctor who will guide you through the process, answer your questions and put you at ease, Dr. Traub is the right doctor for you. If you are also looking for someone who is knowledgeable, and research-based again he is the right doctor for you.

16 Eggs Frozen
Wait time [Island Reproductive Services] was in the waiting room was limited. Usually brought right in to a room, which was nice. The nurse called back later in the day in a timely manner. At anytime you could call the office and speak to a nurse or have the doctor call you back.... From beginning to end the nurses were amazing. They showed compassion and care at every step. They were patient in explaining procedures.
16 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Wait time was in the waiting room was limited. Usually brought right in to a room, which was nice. The nurse called back later in the day in a timely manner. At anytime you could call the office and speak to a nurse or have the doctor call you back.
Called each day by the nurse to update on progress and the office staff was very nice
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Knockenhauer was very thorough and patient during the consultation appointment. He Made call backs when asked to. Explained everything in detail and spent lots of time answering questions and concerns.
Thinknof questions before you go for consultation
Objective medications to increase egg maturity.
Insurance did not cover my procedure or medications
4 IUI, IVF
It’s very convenient that this office [Island Reproductive Services] has multiple locations for their patients. Appointments were always easy to make and there was always somewhere there to answer the phone. The new office in Staten Island is very clean, however the NJ office could use a little updating.... Dr. Traub was great and helped my dreams of becoming a mother come true. He was honest and helpful along the way.
4 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
It’s very convenient that this office has multiple locations for their patients. Appointments were always easy to make and there was always somewhere there to answer the phone. The new office in Staten Island is very clean, however the NJ office could use a little updating.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub was great and helped my dreams of becoming a mother come true. He was honest and helpful along the way. He always was available through email and answered promptly. Also, if something was clear he explained it until you understood.
Stay positive along the way.