Island Reproductive Services

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
South Plainfield
3000 Hadley Road
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
1110 South Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Island Reproductive Services to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 5Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 18.4
2 doctors
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I did not experience a weakness with the clinic [Island Reproductive Services]... it’s a one stop shop. Everything you need for fertility treatments is present. Having to go to the same place for various procedures helps keep the patient calm, always knowing what to expect. The staff makes a point to learn names and call you by your name before filling out paper work. The entire staff showed deep compassion and decorum to my husband as he went for sperm samples. My husband is very humble and he felt comfortable with all the staff.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Strengths: it’s a one stop shop. Everything you need for fertility treatments is present. Having to go to the same place for various procedures helps keep the patient calm, always knowing what to expect. The staff makes a point to learn names and call you by your name before filling out paper work. The entire staff showed deep compassion and decorum to my husband as he went for sperm samples. My husband is very humble and he felt comfortable with all the staff. I did not experience a weakness with the clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub and his team were thorough and explained every step of the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally and Melissa; they worked as a team and knew me well.)
Sally and Melissa walked me through the process of my IVF medicine. They called me around the same time every day, considerate of my work schedule. Sally was the nurse at my egg retrieval seeing me through the entire process.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
During my initial consultation, Dr. Traub explained the method he uses in diagnosing potential infertility. This included a battery of blood tests, x-rays, and sonograms. After each of these steps, Dr. Traub informed my husband and I of our next steps. Dr. Traub gave us all the necessary information to make our decision in starting our family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
The advice does not relate to Dr. Traub as a physician, but rather the process. Dr. Traub is thorough and a prospective patient needs to be patient with the process.
Describe the protocols Michael Traub used in your cycles at Island Reproductive Services and their degree of success.
Dr. Traub always started with a benchmark blood test. After establishing information, medicine would be prescribed followed by more blood tests to ensure that the levels were correct. As we got closer to retrieving the eggs, sonograms were given every few days. The idea was to stimulate my ovaries, but not over stimulate gathering many eggs, but not all viable for fertilization.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services.
Our insurance covered 75%. We were responsible for 25% of the total cost.
Describe Michael Traub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Reproductive Services.
I only had one viable embryo after genetic testing. Previous to this, Dr. Traub explained that given my age, weight, and pre existing condition of high blood pressure, more than one embryo transfer would be unsafe to my overall health.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
They [Island Repro Services] are efficient in their workflow. Received co-insurance bills which was somewhat annoying. It seems like there were always charges for something even though my insurance covers monitoring...Sally was great and showed empathy to me as a patient. However, she would not answer questions and I would need to email Dr. Traub anyway. The other nursing staff were ok, including the sonogram techs and the phlebotomist. They were all nice, but were not very knowledgeable about answers to questions.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
They are efficient in their workflow. Received co-insurance bills which was somewhat annoying. It seems like there were always charges for something even though my insurance covers monitoring.
He is an ok doctor, but doesnt have the best bed side manner. The office runs efficiently, but sometimes it seems like they are just out to make money. My one gripe is that I was and still am very emotionally invested and he never once told me to take a break or anything. Right after surgery we did another retrieval. I dont think he is able to see holistically at all fertility related needs. He is just looking at things from a medical stand point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally)
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
When the results were not as expected, he said its just bad luck. When after four transfers with five embryos there was no pregnancy, he compared my eggs to that of a honda and said i would never be a benz. I wish he was more upfront about things instead of waiting until there are no other options except starting over. in terms of demeanor hes a nice guy, but again doesnt see fertility issues as anything more than from a medical perspective. Vitamins, acuptuncture, etc. are all bs to him. only after 3 failed transfers did he even agree to a endo scratch even though he called it fraud previously.
if you are paying out of pocket, he will never say no. that means that where another doctor might say take a break to heal after surgery, he would never do that.
dr traub only subscribes to antagonist protocols. i did high stims with clomid and he never tried anything different.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Island Reproductive Services.
it was very efficient. they never seemed to have more than 3-4 patients in the office at one time.
it cost 22k for two cycles; paid out of pocket plus thousands more for medication.
he prefers to do a single transfer, but if you are paying out of pocket it seems like he will do whatever you request.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
They [Island Repro Services] are warm and friendly. Every time I have a question or need clarification they take the time to clearly explain my treatment. They make sure I understand my conditions, how they affect my treatment. They are always patient with me and willing to answer billing and finance questions as well. I never feel rushed and I never feel like I am being bother in any way... They could give more info about payments and your test results numbers up front without you having to ask.
European, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
They are kind, compassionate, and good communicators. They could give more info about payments and your test results numbers up front without you having to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
I absolutely love doctor Dr. Knochenhauer and his staff. They are warm and friendly. Every time I have a question or need clarification they take the time to clearly explain my treatment. They make sure I understand my conditions, how they affect my treatment. They are always patient with me and willing to answer billing and finance questions as well. I never feel rushed and I never feel like I am being bother in any way. I have complete trust in Dr. Knochenhauer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Katie )
Katie is just as great as Dr. Knochenhauer. She is patient, kind, understanding and very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
I have seen Dr. Knochenhauer several times. I come in with questions about my treatment, what next steps are, and why he feels the treatment he choose is best for me. I leave every appointment with a clear understanding of what my current progress is. What we know about my reproductive system. What the best plan of action is and why Dr. Knochenhauer feels that the recommended treatment will work best for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Never be afraid to ask your questions.
Describe the protocols Eric Knochenhauer used in your cycles at Island Reproductive Services and their degree of success.
To treat anovulation My first cycle was 5mg Letrozole with a 250mcg ovidrel trigger shot, 200 mg progesterone, 2 mg estradiol and times intercource. My second cycle was 10 mg Letrozole with a 250 mcg ovidrel trigger shot, progesterone and estrogen were not needed and we had timed intercorse. Due to my hormone levels, and lining My third cycle was an IUI with 10 mg Letrozole, 2 mg progesterone and 4 mg estradiol.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services.
Yes they advised what the cost would be
Eric Knochenhauer
2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
There is usually not a long wait at all [at Island Reproductive Services]. It is very clean and a friendly environment. Blood work happens early morning, the good thing is you are able to go without missing work. I would go in for my blood work and scan at 7 am, then be able to make it to work on time. They would call with any changes to my medication that i needed...When a nurse called me to change my medication they would go over it and not hang up until they were sure i understood.
2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
There is usually not a long wait at all. It is very clean and a friendly environment. Blood work happens early morning, the good thing is you are able to go without missing work. I would go in for my blood work and scan at 7 am, then be able to make it to work on time. They would call with any changes to my medication that i needed.
Going through this process is extremely difficult. Dr Traub and his staff took time out to speak with me and explain things to me. Sometimes i was emotional, when that occurred they were patient. Dr Traub understood I wanted to get straight to the point, even when he was delivering bad news, he took his time and over the years made me feel as if i was his only patient. He didnt give me up, and made me feel hopeful when i wanted to give up.
Super Friendly. Caring. When a nurse called me to change my medication they would go over it and not hang up until they were sure i understood.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub is a very caring doctor. He took time to answer any questions i ever had. I would email him constantly, and would get a response even if it was Friday or Saturday night. He explained every procedure to me and explained why or how things accrued. I wouldn't have my family if not for him.
He is very straight forward and to the point. You need to meet with him a few times before you understand how he is as a doctor. After your first few visits you wont want any other doctor!
South Plainfield
2012 - 2017
Other, Unexplained
Katie and Roe [nurses at Island Reproductive Services] were a pleasure to deal with. Always friendly and compassionate when things did not go well. They were genuinely upset as well. I could not have done a lot of this with out them and their guidance and patience with helping me.... All staff at this clinic are amazing and truly care about your well being and mental state when things don't go as planned. They never rushed me and always answered my numerous and constant questions.
2012 - 2017
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
In the beginning the location was concoent for me however they did retrievals and transfers in the NJ office. This was out of the way. They have since built a beautiful new state of the art facility however it is now much further for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie and Roe were a pleasure to deal with. Always friendly and compassionate when things did not go well. They were genuinely upset as well. I could not have done a lot of this with out them and their guidance and patience with helping me
What specific things went wrong at Island Reproductive Services?
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr K is very knowledgeable in his field. He was always open and honest and took time to see me any time I had a question. His dry sense of humor really helped me get through some difficult situations. And he is very compassionate. He wants to see his patients succeed.
Always push for the treatment you want. I did a lot of my own research and requested separate tests be done that weren't initially offered.
I had no real issues so it was a matter of trial error. Once I had repeated failed attempts he had me take multiple blood tests, saline sono and an endometrial scratch where some issues were found. And my medication changed as a result.
Describe Eric Knochenhauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Reproductive Services.
It was always our choice as a couple. He was not fond of transferring more than 2 but we agreed so there was never any issues
Eric Knochenhauer
Staten Island
[Island Reproductive Services-Staten Island is] Clean, calm environment. Always willing to accommodate you, answers all questions and always returns calls . Conventiely open during evening hours for those that work and return calls on weekends... [The nursing staff is] Very welcoming and always willing to answer questions
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
It’s great and I highly recommend. Clean, calm environment. Always willing to accommodate you, answers all questions and always returns calls . Conventiely open during evening hours for those that work and return calls on weekends
Dr Traub always answers any and all questions and explains everything in details without rushing you out. He explained that my chances of conceiving without ivf were extremely slim but went ahead and tried iui as well as a couple of cycles with just fertility treatments but all resulted in a negative pregnancy test
Very welcoming and always willing to answer questions
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
He is an excellent dr with a caring and compassionate personality. He truly puts his all into every one of his patients and explains every thing in detail . I never felt rushed in his office . Always felt very comfortable and knew going Into this what kind of outcome to expect based on our discussion. Dr Traub feels with my diminished ovarian eggs I need ivf but don’t have the funds for it and still allowed me to go ahead and try fertility drugs and a few iui cycles to test my luck.
He’s one of the most caring and honest dr’s.
Copays for visits and iui cycles
2 IVF, Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
During the 2 week wait they [Island Repro Services ] know patients are anxious about results and no one called to give us results making us nervous...I had nurse Sally and she she was caring l. Helpful and amazing....Close to home, hours are very convenient... Even on holidays arrangements are made for the facility to be open if you need it...Overall it was a great experience...Dr traub was knowledgeable in his field and responded to emails and concerns almost immediately.
2 IVF, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Close to home, hours are very convenient if there is a major concern, Dr traub is just an email away and he responds almost immediately. Even on holidays arrangements are made for the facility to be open if you need it.
Care was professional and he was knowledgeable in the field
I had nurse Sally and she she was caring l. Helpful and amazing.
What specific things went wrong at Island Reproductive Services?
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr traub was knowledgeable in his field and responded to emails and concerns almost immediately. He was aware of the situation and made sure we understood what we were getting into. Overall it was a great experience
Be patient, listen and ask questions when you have concerns
Ended up costing and 9,000$ without medications
Dr traub wanted us to transfer a single embryo to decrease chances of multiple pregnancies but we were not so comfortable with the singleton transfer