Acupuncture is not offered

South Plainfield, NJ 07080
1110 South Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Traub was straight forward with what we were dealing with and answered my many many questions. He presented our options and shared his opinions on what we could do. The clinic is small so I could email Dr. Traub directly whenever I had questions or concerns and he was quick to reply back....Dr. Traub was an excellent doctor for general fertility needs including IUI and IVF dealing with PCOS and male factor. He was able to adjust meds so that we retrieved a reasonable amount
They [Island Reproductive Services] are a small clinic with offices in both Staten Island, and New Jersey which worked wonderfully for me as at the time I was driving from NJ to SI everyday for work. They have an in house lab which allows them to analyze their own lab results and their embryo lab is excellent. However, because they are a small facility if the rare emergency arises for an individual staff member or equipment (computer issue, phlebotomist sick ...), it can be hassle to adjust to say get labwork elsewhere.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub was an excellent doctor for general fertility needs including IUI and IVF dealing with PCOS and male factor. He was able to adjust meds so that we retrieved a reasonable amount; 16 eggs all of which were mature and fertilized, 9 made it to blast, and 5 were genetically normal. Unfortunately, as we were dealing with autoimmune issues resulting in recurrent miscarriages we needed more than his expertise was able to provide.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, he will answer them. There were several times when we first started this process where I unnecessarily worried about stuff that I later asked and felt better once I had answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Describe the protocols Michael Traub used in your cycles at Island Reproductive Services and their degree of success.
Retrieval- clomid, ganirelix, gonalF, Menopur 3 FETs (2 miscarriages, 1 negative*) - baby aspirin, estrogen pills, progesterone pills, crinone *Benadryl & lovenox for last transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Island Reproductive Services.
They were very warm and compassionate as well as helpful in accommodating my timing for phone calls (i.e. right after work) with instructions. They understood that I needed a time when I could have them repeat, ask questions, and write down information as especially in the beginning I was nervous.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
They are a small clinic with offices in both Staten Island, and New Jersey which worked wonderfully for me as at the time I was driving from NJ to SI everyday for work. They have an in house lab which allows them to analyze their own lab results and their embryo lab is excellent. However, because they are a small facility if the rare emergency arises for an individual staff member or equipment (computer issue, phlebotomist sick ...), it can be hassle to adjust to say get labwork elsewhere.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Island Reproductive Services.
Clinic opened for monitoring at 7 I arrived 6:45 and usually was the first one or two people there, so not often a line. They have ultrsound techs so don't explain everything or tell you what they are seeing but you can ask.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services.
The insurance I had at the time (United Healthcare) covered some of this and thankfully we had a family friend help us out for copays and meds not covered.
Describe Michael Traub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Reproductive Services.
Strongly recommended eSET as we had tested embryos
Staten Island
I never felt pressure to jump into IVF, although he [Dr. Michael Traub] recommended that be the best course of action for me- I went with IUI first and he never made me feel like that was wrong- just honest that it doesn’t have the best odds...he is always just an email away and answers promptly...He’s very blunt and doesn’t sugar coat your situation - which I appreciate...Answers emails quickly, I wouldn’t say that it felt very personalized, but the doctor himself always answered any question I had in a timely matter and felt approachable
Nursing staff [at Island Reproductive Services] is great, very caring. Even the billing staff is kind and caring and informative. MD [Dr. Michael Traub] responses to emails in a timely matter making him feel very accessible to you. He will explain anything you ask. Have only done three failed IUIs so far so unable to speak of IVF course just yet...[nurses] Always very compassionate and caring when on the phone giving you negative results and in person. They are great.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
He’s very blunt and doesn’t sugar coat your situation - which I appreciate. I never felt pressure to jump into IVF, although he recommended that be the best course of action for me- I went with IUI first and he never made me feel like that was wrong- just honest that it doesn’t have the best odds. We are embarking on an IVF treatment soon so I’ll be able to speak to that in the future -however he is always just an email away and answers promptly.
I think with any doctor you need to trust them, if you feel like you don’t have that then that doctor is not right for you
IUI x 3 with clomid 50mg day 2-7 cycle and then trigger shot 36 hours before IUI All negative
All the nursing staff is wonderful. Always very compassionate and caring when on the phone giving you negative results and in person. They are great.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Nursing staff is great, very caring. Even the billing staff is kind and caring and informative. MD responses to emails in a timely matter making him feel very accessible to you. He will explain anything you ask. Have only done three failed IUIs so far so unable to speak of IVF course just yet
IVF cycle estimated at 9,000 with basic PGS and freezing, but without medication
Treated 2014 - 2016
Embryo Freezing
Dr traub was knowledgeable in his field and responded to emails and concerns almost immediately. He was aware of the situation and made sure we understood what we were getting into. Overall it was a great experience...Dr traub is just an email away and he responds almost immediately....Care was professional and he was knowledgeable in the field...During the 2 week wait they [Island Repro Services ] know patients are anxious about results and no one called to give us results making us nervous
During the 2 week wait they [Island Repro Services ] know patients are anxious about results and no one called to give us results making us nervous...I had nurse Sally and she she was caring l. Helpful and amazing....Close to home, hours are very convenient... Even on holidays arrangements are made for the facility to be open if you need it...Overall it was a great experience...Dr traub was knowledgeable in his field and responded to emails and concerns almost immediately.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Be patient, listen and ask questions when you have concerns
Care was professional and he was knowledgeable in the field
I had nurse Sally and she she was caring l. Helpful and amazing.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Close to home, hours are very convenient if there is a major concern, Dr traub is just an email away and he responds almost immediately. Even on holidays arrangements are made for the facility to be open if you need it.
Ended up costing and 9,000$ without medications
Dr traub wanted us to transfer a single embryo to decrease chances of multiple pregnancies but we were not so comfortable with the singleton transfer
What specific things went wrong at Island Reproductive Services?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Island Reproductive Services.
During the 2 week wait they know patients are anxious about results and no one called to give us results making us nervous