Acupuncture is not offered

South Plainfield, NJ 07080
1110 South Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314

Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Traub] told me that IVF was the best option for me because my endometriosis had compromised my reproductive systems- and this was my only way to get pregnant. ... He was very upfront with me and I appreciated his opinion of a more aggressive treatment plan at this stage in my life. He answered all my questions and was with me every step of the way through my treatment process
... it was a great clinic [Island Repro Svcs] - everything was provided for at the clinic- I like that bloodwork was all done internally and results were given they same day. I also like that all my procedures were done at Dr. Traub office and not a hospital - made it feel less intrusive to me ... Dr.Traub and his staff were very patient and respectful to me- they answered all my questions that I had and always got back to me the same day.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Describe the protocols Michael Traub used in your cycles at Island Reproductive Services and their degree of success.
He told me that IVF was the best option for me because my endometriosis had compromised my reproductive systems- and this was my only way to get pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Island Reproductive Services.
Patient, courteous, respectful,
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
It was a great clinic it was a great clinic- everything was provided for at the clinic- I like that bloodwork was all done internally and results were given they same day. I also like that all my procedures were done at Dr. Traub office and not a hospital - made it feel less intrusive to me
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services.
IVF was 4500 ... and co-pays for lab work were 25-50 .... and genetic testing was ability 250 an embryo - so all together it cost between 6-8 thousand dollars
Describe Michael Traub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Reproductive Services.
Dr. Traub- explained for the health of the baby involved - it’s better for a single embryo trandfer
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Knochenhauer makes sure you understand the protocol and the risks. He goes everything until you’re comfortable with it and it very compassionate. Even though I have not had success yet, I wouldn’t hange doctors because he is doing everything possible to figure out what my issue is. I have had numerous tests and different protocols. I finally ya da positive last transfer and am very hopeful for this coming transfer.
Every time I went into the clinic [Island Reproductive Services-Staten Island], they knew my name as I walked in the door and greeted me kindly. Also with Dr. Knochenhauer personally, I can tell he truly cares about getting me pregnant and it’s upsetting to him as well.... I’m so not remember all dosage but every IVF cycle I took Estradiol, PIO and medrol but dosage would be adjusted each time after blood and sono if needed. Last cycle I also took baby aspiring which had a positive beta but sadly it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy.
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Just trust in what he is telling you and if you have any questions at all, ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Every time I went into the clinic, they knew my name as I walked in the door and greeted me kindly. Also with Dr. Knochenhauer personally, I can tell he truly cares about getting me pregnant and it’s upsetting to him as well.
Describe the protocols Eric Knochenhauer used in your cycles at Island Reproductive Services and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Very kind and ready to answer any questions
Eric Knochenhauer
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Traub always answers any and all questions and explains everything in details without rushing you out. He explained that my chances of conceiving without ivf were extremely slim but went ahead and tried iui as well as a couple of cycles with just fertility treatments but all resulted in a negative pregnancy test... He is an excellent dr with a caring and compassionate personality. He truly puts his all into every one of his patients and explains every thing in detail . I never felt rushed in his office . Always felt very comfortable and knew going Into this what kind of outcome to expect based on our discussion.
[Island Reproductive Services-Staten Island is] Clean, calm environment. Always willing to accommodate you, answers all questions and always returns calls . Conventiely open during evening hours for those that work and return calls on weekends... [The nursing staff is] Very welcoming and always willing to answer questions
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
He is an excellent dr with a caring and compassionate personality. He truly puts his all into every one of his patients and explains every thing in detail . I never felt rushed in his office . Always felt very comfortable and knew going Into this what kind of outcome to expect based on our discussion. Dr Traub feels with my diminished ovarian eggs I need ivf but don’t have the funds for it and still allowed me to go ahead and try fertility drugs and a few iui cycles to test my luck.
He’s one of the most caring and honest dr’s.
Very welcoming and always willing to answer questions
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
It’s great and I highly recommend. Clean, calm environment. Always willing to accommodate you, answers all questions and always returns calls . Conventiely open during evening hours for those that work and return calls on weekends
Copays for visits and iui cycles
Treated 2014 - 2016
Embryo Freezing
Dr traub was knowledgeable in his field and responded to emails and concerns almost immediately. He was aware of the situation and made sure we understood what we were getting into. Overall it was a great experience...Dr traub is just an email away and he responds almost immediately....Care was professional and he was knowledgeable in the field...During the 2 week wait they [Island Repro Services ] know patients are anxious about results and no one called to give us results making us nervous
During the 2 week wait they [Island Repro Services ] know patients are anxious about results and no one called to give us results making us nervous...I had nurse Sally and she she was caring l. Helpful and amazing....Close to home, hours are very convenient... Even on holidays arrangements are made for the facility to be open if you need it...Overall it was a great experience...Dr traub was knowledgeable in his field and responded to emails and concerns almost immediately.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Be patient, listen and ask questions when you have concerns
Care was professional and he was knowledgeable in the field
I had nurse Sally and she she was caring l. Helpful and amazing.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Close to home, hours are very convenient if there is a major concern, Dr traub is just an email away and he responds almost immediately. Even on holidays arrangements are made for the facility to be open if you need it.
Ended up costing and 9,000$ without medications
Dr traub wanted us to transfer a single embryo to decrease chances of multiple pregnancies but we were not so comfortable with the singleton transfer
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Island Reproductive Services.
During the 2 week wait they know patients are anxious about results and no one called to give us results making us nervous
Treated 2015 - 2020
Dr. Traub is extremely informative, patient and attentive. He provides with you an honest assessment of your circumstances and outlines all treatment options available...I was diagnosed with multiple issues (endometriosis, premature ovarian failure etc) and began to feel hopeless that I would ever be able to get pregnant. I am pregnant now thanks to Dr. Traub. He has answered any questions that we have had along our journey, and there have been many. He spent a significant amount of time with us during appointments and would even personally respond to our emails in a timely fashion. His care and expertise is second to none. I cannot express in words how grateful we will forever be to Dr. Traub. I highly recommend him!
Sally and Melissa [nurses at Island Reproductive Services] are both knowledgeable and compassionate...The office including the waiting rooms and exam rooms are very clean. There is ample parking and it is easy to get to. Located very close to the Outerbridge so it is close to New Jersey even though it is located in Staten Island...Dr. Traub is extremely informative, patient and attentive. He provides with you an honest assessment of your circumstances and outlines all treatment options available...I was diagnosed with multiple issues (endometriosis, premature ovarian failure etc) and began to feel hopeless that I would ever be able to get pregnant. I am pregnant now thanks to Dr. Traub. He has answered any questions that we have had along our journey, and there have been many. He spent a significant amount of time with us during appointments and would even personally respond to our emails in a
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub and his staff at Island Reproductive Services are truly fantastic! Dr. Traub is an amazing doctor that has made our dream come true. He is extremely informative, patient and attentive. He provides with you an honest assessment of your circumstances and outlines all treatment options available. He has taken care of my medical needs for years and will continue to in the future. I was diagnosed with multiple issues (endometriosis, premature ovarian failure etc) and began to feel hopeless that I would ever be able to get pregnant. I am pregnant now thanks to Dr. Traub. He has answered any questions that we have had along our journey, and there have been many. He spent a significant amount of time with us during appointments and would even personally respond to our emails in a timely fashion. His care and expertise is second to none. I cannot express in words how grateful we will forever be to Dr. Traub. I highly recommend him!
Trust him!
Donor frozen embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally and Melissa )
Sally and Melissa are both knowledgeable and compassionate.
Treated 2017 - 2020
I can't say enough about Dr. Traub. I have struggled with getting pregnant for many years. Dr. Traub made my dream come true not once, but now twice. His confidence and postiive outlook on taking the right steps for me to get pregnant were exactly what we needed during such a stressful time. He is truly the best!...I did 8 IUI's total. I did 1 IVF transfer...Dr. Traub and his staff were always warm and welcoming. I had a hard time getting pregnant and I felt like I had so many different cheerleaders in my corner rooting me on.
[Island Reproductive Services] is a great clinic. Everyone is friendly and welcoming! I couldn't be happier with my experience!...Dr. Traub and his staff were always warm and welcoming. I had a hard time getting pregnant and I felt like I had so many different cheerleaders in my corner rooting me on...I did 8 IUI's total. I did 1 IVF transfer...The nurse I had was named Sally. I can't say enough good things about her. Sally was very detailed with all my instructions. Sally was there to deliever the good news and sometimes the bad. She always did it so kind and compassionately! She was the biggest cheerleader in my corner during my whole experience. She is truly wonderful!
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Have faith, it will happen! Nothing worth it in life comes easy.
I did 8 IUI's total. I did 1 IVF transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally )
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
It is a great clinic. Everyone is friendly and welcoming! I couldn't be happier with my experience! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Insurance covered a little bit but it doing the IVF process was expensive. (15K)
Staten Island

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Traub. He was wonderful. Dr. Traub explained every step of the process and made sure that we were comfortable at every point. He answered all of my questions and was always accessible - even via email. He never made me feel that any question was too small... talked me through procedures and made me feel at ease during a difficult process...knowledgeable, and research-based again he is the right doctor for you.
The entire office staff [at Island Reproductive Services] is wonderful. Every single person in the office is patient, understanding and caring. They are always there to help with any concerns or even just to guide you through what can be a very difficult, emotional process. Sally was especially wonderful...The clinic is a new, beautiful facility. It was clean and well-maintained. The clinic also has an alternate location for testing that is convenient for those who need to get to work in the morning while still keeping up with cycles and testing.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
If you are looking for a doctor who will guide you through the process, answer your questions and put you at ease, Dr. Traub is the right doctor for you. If you are also looking for someone who is knowledgeable, and research-based again he is the right doctor for you.
Dr. Traub and his staff always made us feel comfortable at every step of the process. They were accessible with any question big or small, even via email. They talked me through procedures and made me feel at ease during a difficult process.
The entire office staff is wonderful. Every single person in the office is patient, understanding and caring. They are always there to help with any concerns or even just to guide you through what can be a very difficult, emotional process. Sally was especially wonderful.
Treated 2017 - 2019
He is very thorough and clear. I wouldn't trust anyone else. Dr. Traub knows what he is talking about and leaves me with no doubts each time we have gone to surgery. Nothing he has ever said has been incorrect....He was open about giving me his email to ask any questions at any time. He responds quickly and in a manner that is reassuring... Everyone is friendly and caring, right down to the 6:45 bloodwork staff.
Everyone [Island Reproductive Services] is friendly and caring, right down to the 6:45 bloodwork staff. They do have a North shore monitoring location which I didn't always know about and it made it easier for me to get to work on time in the morning... One time they sent other patient records to my home instead of an insurance company. But it was resolved quickly.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
He will respond to your emails!
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Everyone is friendly and caring, right down to the 6:45 bloodwork staff. They do have a North shore monitoring location which I didn't always know about and it made it easier for me to get to work on time in the morning
Insurance covered IUI. I was responsible for donor sperm costs and shipping and injections
Success w/ Doc 16 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Knockenhauer was very thorough and patient during the consultation appointment. He Made call backs when asked to. Explained everything in detail and spent lots of time answering questions and concerns.... At anytime you could call the office [Island Reproductive Services] and speak to a nurse or have the doctor call you back.... From beginning to end the nurses were amazing. They showed compassion and care at every step. They were patient in explaining procedures.
Wait time [Island Reproductive Services] was in the waiting room was limited. Usually brought right in to a room, which was nice. The nurse called back later in the day in a timely manner. At anytime you could call the office and speak to a nurse or have the doctor call you back.... From beginning to end the nurses were amazing. They showed compassion and care at every step. They were patient in explaining procedures.
How was your experience with Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services?
Thinknof questions before you go for consultation
Called each day by the nurse to update on progress and the office staff was very nice
Objective medications to increase egg maturity.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Wait time was in the waiting room was limited. Usually brought right in to a room, which was nice. The nurse called back later in the day in a timely manner. At anytime you could call the office and speak to a nurse or have the doctor call you back.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Knochenhauer at Island Reproductive Services.
Insurance did not cover my procedure or medications
Eric Knochenhauer
Treated 2015 - 2019
Based on the results of my retrieval years ago, there was no indication to transfer multiples. I appreciate [Dr. Traub's] approach to single pregnancies whenever possible...He was always responsive and answered my questions. He made sure I understood my treatment, the processes and expected results...He was always knowledgeable and straightforward, putting nerves and anxiety at ease, but always lets you know the risks of things. He was always timely, caring, spent the time with you, always available via email.
We had 13 embryos frozen since our first go-round [at Island Reproductive Services]...I was on crinone gel, progesterone pills, baby aspirin, estradiol, prednisone (all different doses/times). The bloodwork was consistently done to monitor my status and where I was at with my cycle and thankfully now, my pregnancy!...Sally and Melissa [nurses] are always kind and compassionate. They always listen and take the time to explain things either over the phone or in person. I had a bleeding scare a couple of times early on, and sally was always there by phone and even came to check on me during my ultrasound visit with Dr. Traub to check the baby.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
I cannot say enough good about Dr. Traub. He was always knowledgeable and straightforward, putting nerves and anxiety at ease, but always lets you know the risks of things. He was always timely, caring, spent the time with you, always available via email.
Listen to him! He knows best. Better than you, better than google! Google will freak you out, and his advice may contradict what you read, but every time I felt something was missing based on what I read online, Dr. Traub always knew best and put my google obsession to rest. TRUST your doctor.
This transfer was a 5 day frozen transfer. We had 13 embryos frozen since our first go-round. I was on crinone gel, progesterone pills, baby aspirin, estradiol, prednisone (all different doses/times). The bloodwork was consistently done to monitor my status and where I was at with my cycle and thankfully now, my pregnancy! We are in the process of weaning me off the meds after just about 2 months. I am a couple days shy of 10 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally and Melissa)
Sally and Melissa are always kind and compassionate. They always listen and take the time to explain things either over the phone or in person. I had a bleeding scare a couple of times early on, and sally was always there by phone and even came to check on me during my ultrasound visit with Dr. Traub to check the baby.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Clean facility, quick service, thorough care. Most of my appointments were in Staten Island at Richmond Valley location but I did my transfers in NJ. Staff at both places both morning and evening were always nice and accommodating.
~17-20k all-in for the first IVF process in its entirety. For the second frozen transfer about 5k all-in for procedure, meds copays etc.
Based on the results of my retrieval years ago, there was no indication to transfer multiples. I appreciate his approach to single pregnancies whenever possible.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Island Reproductive Services.
The only thing that happened is that I changed insurances over the summer before my transfer. (Old insurance covered partial, new insurance did not cover anything IVF- related) I informed the front desk but the change wasn’t communicated so once I started my meds for my transfer cycle, a few days later i got a call saying I had to stop everything and wait until next cycle because the authorization would take too long. I was upset and confused - called back and informed them that i changed my insurance. They were unaware that now I was self-pay. They apologized profusely for the misunderstanding and told me to continue my meds and my schedule as planned. All worked out fine but It was a momentary freak out for me!
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Traub included my husband and I in all decisions and truly took the time to explain every detail of my treatment. He was always available by email and responded within hours answering any questions I had. ... He makes himself completely available to his patients any time they have questions or concerns, which is very comforting while going through a stressful time. ... Dr. Traub is an exceptional doctor who is knowledgeable, caring, and thorough.
The office [Island Reproductive Services] is very organized and every single staff member is patient and warm. They make you feel comfortable and show that they care about their patients. The morning monitoring staff is excellent as well. They were always friendly and helpful. The staff from the doctors to the receptionists are exceptional. ... The nurses and staff were very kind and thorough when relaying information. They truly care about their patients.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub is an exceptional doctor who is knowledgeable, caring, and thorough. He is truly the best and makes you feel so comfortable and hopeful. He is very accessible as well, answering emails within hours (even on weekends). I would highly recommend Dr. Traub!
During frozen embryo transfer: prednisone, baby aspirin, estradiol, progesterone pill, Crinone
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
The office is very organized and every single staff member is patient and warm. They make you feel comfortable and show that they care about their patients. The morning monitoring staff is excellent as well. They were always friendly and helpful. The staff from the doctors to the receptionists are exceptional.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Island Reproductive Services.
The monitoring appointments were always quick and easy. I hardly ever had to wait. I was always in and out within minutes of it was just bloodwork. The ultrasounds were also very easy and quick. The girls at the monitoring appointments were excellent.
Majority was covered by insurance, I paid about $1500 out of pocket and then a few thousand more genetic testing. Frozen embry transfer around $550
It was not necessary in my situation to consider multiple embryo transfer
Staten Island
Dr. Traub took the time and effort each time we entered his office. When I sent emails with concerns he answered them within hours to ease my mind and reassure that everything was okay. He was very straight forward with results and plans going forward.... Dr. Traub had us skip straight to IVF due to endometriosis. He was forward with our options. He set us up with the nurses who explained the medication and administration of such medication prior to egg retrieval. Once we retrieved our eggs Dr. Traub explained what he had retrieved once I was able to understand. The office kept constant contact with us over the 6 days that the embryos developed.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Trust everything he says! He’s always right!
Dr. Traub and his staff were so warm and welcoming each time my husband and I entered the office. Through the retrieval process and surgeries done for the endometriosis Dr. Traub and his staff always made us feel comfortable and informed to each step of the process. They made one of the hardest processes my husband and I have gone through that much easier.
Dr. Traub had us skip straight to IVF due to endometriosis. He was forward with our options. He set us up with the nurses who explained the medication and administration of such medication prior to egg retrieval. Once we retrieved our eggs Dr. Traub explained what he had retrieved once I was able to understand. The office kept constant contact with us over the 6 days that the embryos developed. When it came time to implant Dr. Traub explained the entire procedure to me step by step and walked me through each moment as he completed the transfer. Happy to report we are currently pregnant and progressing nicely with a healthy pregnancy. Dr. Traub also removed endometriosis via laparoscopic surgery. Once again Dr. Traub explained everything every step of the way and was very compassionate with my husband after the procedure.
They were absolutely wonderful. Compassionate and knowledgeable. Whenever I had questions they always answered them confidently and made me feel comfortable with their responses. Any time I called the office with questions they called back before the end of the night each time.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
Island Reproduction is amazing. They are knowledgeable, compassionate, and have unbelievable success rates for women like myself and many others. As far as weaknesses are concerned i truly cannot thing of a single weakness. The doctors and staff and just amazing. When we “graduated” from Dr Traub back to our OB is was bittersweet. We were sad to move on because the office had pretty much become a family to us; and excited because that meant our little one was growing and progressing well.
They were very easy and simple to make. Each time I went for blood work on the morning I completed a Sono if needed. The best part about doing them back to back was that the hours they did this were before work so I didn’t miss a day of work or have to leave early.
Approximately $6,000 out of pocket. That includes all medications, copays for procedures (including the IVF process), and all blood work and sonogram copays.
None
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Traub answered all of my many emails within a hour whether it was a weekday or the weekend. ... Hewas always eager to go over the full process and we couldn't have had a better experience. ... Knowing that I had poor egg quality, Dr. Traub aimed to have my eggs retrieved and genetically tested. ... Dr. Traub was very helpful and knowledgeable from the first meeting and made me feel like he will be able to answer our prayers of having children after 2 miscarriages.
The staff [Island Reproductive Services] was always friendly, helpful and seemed to really care. Appointments were always quick, but thorough. ... I have never been to another facility to compare, but this office is very new, clean and organized. ... Sally [nurse] was always very friendly and answered all of my many questions. ... His staff [Dr. Traub] also was always extremely nice and helpful.
How was your experience with Michael Traub at Island Reproductive Services?
Dr. Traub was very helpful and knowledgeable from the first meeting and made me feel like he will be able to answer our prayers of having children after 2 miscarriages. We now have one healthy 1 year old boy and another on the way. Hewas always eager to go over the full process and we couldn't have had a better experience.
Don't let the young face fool you! He is very knowledgeable.
Dr. Traub answered all of my many emails within a hour whether it was a weekday or the weekend. His staff also was always extremely nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Island Reproductive Services. (Assigned nurse: Sally)
Sally was always very friendly and answered all of my many questions.
Describe your experience with Island Reproductive Services.
I have never been to another facility to compare, but this office is very new, clean and organized. The staff was always friendly, helpful and seemed to really care. Appointments were always quick, but thorough. I dont see any weaknesses.
My treatments were mostly covered by my insurance other then the genetic testing of the embryos.