Genetic counseling: Offered
Wellington
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
954.247.6222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Florida to a friend?

7.1

7 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Sueldo is the most through Dr. that I've ever had. She takes her time to talk you through everything so that you feel completely comfortable with your treatment plan...She basically started from scratch and asked me all the "new patient questions" then she asked me for my questions. I had "a list". We went over them all. She took all my thoughts, apprehensions and concerns in to consideration and I felt like I had a say in things. We came up with a plan together that we were both happy with.
The staff at the Coral Gables location [IVF Florida] is small. I think that's what makes it so great. It's always the same ladies doing your ultrasounds, drawing your blood, giving results and following-up. It provides a seamless experience that I am very grateful for!...Dr. Sueldo is the most through Dr. that I've ever had. She takes her time to talk you through everything so that you feel completely comfortable with your treatment plan.
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Carolina M. Sueldo at IVF Florida?
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Sueldo prior to becoming her patient back when she first joined IVF Florida.I knew that patients would love her as her personality and character would make her an amazing asset to the practice. Now that I know her as my doctor, I'm glad to see that my initial assessment of her far exceeded any expectations I may have had. Words can’t even begin to describe how grateful I am to her for being so through. Us IVF chicks are nuts, I feel like you can never give us "too much" information. She basically started from scratch and asked me all the "new patient questions" then she asked me for my questions. I had "a list". We went over them all. She took all my thoughts, apprehensions and concerns in to consideration and I felt like I had a say in things. We came up with a plan together that we were both happy with. During a process where there are so many ups and downs, you definitely want to feel like your Dr. has your back. I'm blessed that I feel like mine definitely does.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolina M. Sueldo at IVF Florida?
She will give you all the information you need. The good, bad & indifferent so be ready for it all!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolina M. Sueldo at IVF Florida?
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Adriana)
The staff at the Coral Gables location is small. I think that's what makes it so great. It's always the same ladies doing your ultrasounds, drawing your blood, giving results and following-up. It provides a seamless experience that I am very grateful for!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolina M. Sueldo at IVF Florida.
Insurance Covers Most
Carolina M. Sueldo
Coral Gables

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carolina M. Sueldo at IVF Florida.

[Dr. Gene Manko] took time to explain treatment options to us and asked me follow up questions. He was also Really good at getting my husband to participate in conversations by being leas formal and down to earth...has years of experience and does a good job at explaining options and why each one may or may not be a good fit for you. He is attentive during conversations. For us he recommended donor eggs but was willing to try IUI first. After 3 cycles he encouraged us to reconsider donor eggs and explained why. He did not force it on us but gave us information and asked us to consider it
The staff [at IVF Florida] was well organized and would provide additional information and answer questions I may not have remembered to ask Dr Manko. They were Very well educated and compassionate...We spent between $2000 to $3000 per IUI cycle...With fertility care there seems to be a big focus on payment. Since it was not covered by my insurance they always kept me informed of fees and collected them when i checked out. That was reasonable but the checkout person seemed less caring and personable
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Dr. manko has years of experience and does a good job at explaining options and why each one may or may not be a good fit for you. He is attentive during conversations. For us he recommended donor eggs but was willing to try IUI first. After 3 cycles he encouraged us to reconsider donor eggs and explained why. He did not force it on us but gave us information and asked us to consider it
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Be prepared for Very nice but honest discussions. He discusses options with data on success rates And how tour specific situation fits into those options
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Dr. manko took time to explain treatment options to us and asked me follow up questions. He was also Really good at getting my husband to participate in conversations by being leas formal and down to earth
Describe the protocols Gene Manko used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
I inquired about clomid and he agreed to a clomid challenge. I did not respond well to clomid. When i asked about other options we trialed letrozole. After a small response, he increased the letrozole dose to 7.5 mg. When the Ultrasound showed i responded well to that He also added FSH shots for 2 nights, one night ‘off’ and then an hcg trigger shot. From what i can recall my IUI was done ~ 36 hr later
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Darcy)
The staff was well organized and would provide additional information and answer questions I may not have remembered to ask Dr Manko. They were Very well educated and compassionate.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
We spent between $2000 to $3000 per IUI cycle
Describe Gene Manko's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
No embryo transfers done
Jupiter

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Gualteieri is very thorough. Very good at listening to your concerns, addressing any uncertainties and having a over all understanding of what the current situation is when it comes to planning for a family. He makes you feel welcome and worthy not just like you are another number. During my experience I have been under the care of him for two surgeries and during both he made me feel very comfortable. His bed side manor is impeccable! He continues to see me and is pushing for us to find out more or at least have as best of an understanding of what is going on for my current situation. I truly believe I will be successful in having a baby while being under his care.
[IVF Florida- Jupiter's] Strengths - very informative from the first visit. Patient portal is very easy to use and understand. Scheduling appointments are easy either by phone or over the phone, the staff is very fast at responding to you in the patient portal. The nurses and medical assistants are friendly and knowledgeable. You are almost always seen on time for your scheduled appointment and if seen late it is never more then 10 mins. I do not have any weaknesses to report at this time. I personally love this office and Dr.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
Trust him, listen to him and be patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
This office and Dr treat everyone very well. From the moment you walk in and check in to the medical assistants taking blood draws, nurses scheduling procedures and surgery right down to the Dr himself sitting with patients as many times as needed. I have never felt rushed or pressured in any way.
Describe the protocols Marc Gualtieri used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
First Miscarriage - I was not under Dr Gualtieri's care and actually got pregnant naturally on my own. I miscarried at 8 weeks naturally. I began care with Dr G when my normal OBGYN would not conduct specific tests on me since I only experienced one loss. I visited Dr G and explained my concerns and request for additional testing. He ordered almost all of the testing I requested and I have been under his care since. We determined in my first set of blood work that I was O- and had become in contact with the D antibodies at some point in my life and my blood was now whats called sensitized. My husbands blood was tested as well and was determined he has O+ blood and we also found out that he is homozygous meaning he has identical alleles on both homologous chromosomes. So what does that mean? Our baby no matter what will have his blood type and be RH+. In turn my body will see those antigens in the baby’s blood and attacks them in utero. If enough of the baby’s blood cells are killed off, the baby can quickly become severely anemic and we could lose him/her. 1st medicated cycle - Clomid. I was prescribed this and took the pills on day 3 - 6 of my cycle followed by timed intercourse. I was monitored at the Dr's office and both my blood and ultrasounds were done. I did not become pregnant this cycle. 2nd medicated cycle - Letrozole. I was prescribed this just as I was with the Clomid they switched me to this since my lining wasn't getting as thick as it needed to be on my first cycle with Clomid. The letrozole was taken on days 3-7 of my cycle and I was not monitored this cycle. I did become pregnant after this round of medications. I went on to miscarry at week 8 again and ended up having a D&C performed by Dr G.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Lynne)
Overall the medical assistants and Nurse and care coordinators are great. Lynne is my favorite person to work with when it comes to scheduling appointments and surgeries. The medical assistant is also very skilled when it comes to taking my blood. I do not have good veins and it is very hard to find them.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida.
$35.00 initial copay for consultation. $35.00 for blood draws, $300.00 per ultrasound (not covered by insurance) when being monitored for medical cycle $250.00 outpatient hospital copay for Hysteroscopy surgery and D&C surgery
Describe Marc Gualtieri's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
I personally am not going thru an IVF cycle yet but they do have information posted up in the office stressing the importance of transferring one vs two to eliminate any health concerns and problems that can occur.
Jupiter

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
They [IVF Florida-Jupiter] had a 2 cycle package that we got which was 27k, it included monitoring, retrieval, icsi if needed and cryo storage for 6 months. We had to pay for the 1st monitoring visit which was $350, anesthesia for retrieval which was $500 and all meds which were 5k first cycle and 9k 2nd cycle... The nursing staff was who I saw most visits and they were excellent yet couldn't always answer my questions and had to send my Dr a message for him to respond to later and message me through a message board.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Dr. Hoffman came recommended due to his success rate. However, I ended up switching treatment to another doctor because of his lack of communication. Dr Hoffman has terrible communication, never had time to discuss treatment or options and never listened. I had blocked tubes and surgery corrected the issue. Right after dr. Hoffman continuously pushed me to do IVF even though my insurance covered most of the IUI process. I insisted on 1 IUI which resulted in an ectopic pregnancy and I lost my tube. We then got pregnant on our own which was another ectopic and I lost my other tube. Then IVF was our only option so we refinanced our house to come up with the money. After 2 retrievals we only has 3 viable eggs. Dr. Hoffman made us feel that the egg retrieval numbers would be higher with our 2nd cycle, we were worried of low egg count and wanted to cancel the cycle but we're reassured we'd get more than the 2 we got with the 1st round. We got 3 eggs out of our 2nd cycle. Only 2 fertilized and so we asked if 1 or both were not looking great we wanted to fresh transfer on day 5. It was all set up and I started progesterone and estrogen just in case then on day 5 (a Saturday) no one called me or would call me back until a nurse called at 1pm and said everyone had gone home for the day. I called repeatedly on Sunday, spoke to another doctor who told me we lost 1 egg overnight Saturday and froze 1. That somehow there must have been miscommunication with Dr Hoffman and I about doing a fresh transfer. I immediately switched care to another doctor. I now believe communication during this is more important that the doctors success rate and wish I had seen another doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
If you feel communication is important, I'd suggest Dr. G with this practice. If you don't care about communication or getting as much information as possible during this practice then go with Dr. Hoffman
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Dr. Hoffman consistently told me what to do without explanation or conversation. It seemed as though he was always too busy to discuss the process with me so I had to research on my own and try to make my own uneducated decisions.
Describe the protocols David Hoffman used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
Split protocol with birth control suppression. 75 iu gonal-f and 75 menopur for 1st cycle. I was considered a low responder to the meds to we increased to 150iu gonal-f and 150iu menopur for the 2nd cycle However we retrieval 3 eggs in both cycles.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The clinic is clean and organized. However their main clinic was in Margate, an hour and a half away from my house. They have since added a clinic closer in Jupiter however. The clinic staff was by far the best part of any of my procedures. The doctor rotated daily through retrievals and transfers however so know that your doctor will likely not be the doctor to preform your retrieval or transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Hoffman at IVF Florida.
They had a 2 cycle package that we got which was 27k, it included monitoring, retrieval, icsi if needed and cryo storage for 6 months. We had to pay for the 1st monitoring visit which was $350, anesthesia for retrieval which was $500 and all meds which were 5k first cycle and 9k 2nd cycle
Describe David Hoffman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
My Dr strongly recommend that we only transfer 1 embryo and that frozen was a better option. We tried fresh the 1st cycle which failed then the frozen took however resulted in miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormalities. I agree with single transfers however. My goal was to have one healthy baby and i felt the risks associated with twins was too high.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
The clinic uses a website that you log into to get results and communication regarding treatment however the results are often not uploaded and you have to call to speak to a nurse to get them the following day.
Jupiter

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
First IUI unsuccessful [with Dr. Gene Manko]...I have met with Dr Manko once during this process. We are just starting our second IUI with injectables. All communication has been through the nurses... was very friendly and listened to all my concerns. He went over all of our testing in detail. My only concern is I wish I would have heard from him after our first failed IUI. I spoke to the nurses who then spoke to him. My meds were only adjusted because I asked for them to be.
Before my monitoring US appointment [at IVF Florida- Jupiter] an unrealistic timeline was given. I mentioned this to the head nurse and she said she would handle it. Basically every nurse I spoke to made me thing the next US would be it and we would do IUI the next day. This was distressing because each US was $200...Our first IUI was $4,000 including meds and all US...There are baby photos at check out. I know this can be triggering for some. The office is clean and usually runs on time. They are quick to get results into the portal and address any concerns. I will say the US staff is hit or miss. They have been very nice but maybe need more education about how to speak to those with infertility.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Dr Gene Manko was very friendly and listened to all my concerns. He went over all of our testing in detail. My only concern is I wish I would have heard from him after our first failed IUI. I spoke to the nurses who then spoke to him. My meds were only adjusted because I asked for them to be.
Ask questions and advocate for yourself. I would say that about any doc/patient relationship.
1st IUI 75units if Gonal-F Triggered on day 9 of Injections with 10,000 units of HCG. One follicle which was 17.3mm IUI #1 12 hrs after trigger and IUI #2 36 hrs after trigger Lining was within normal limits. Progesterone suppository until period arrived. First IUI unsuccessful. This cycle I started with 150units if Gonal-F for two days and then 75units for two days with a monitoring US on the 5th day in the morning which is tomorrow.
The nursing staff is wonderful. They communicate quickly although some of them are clearly less experienced than others. Any issues I had were addressed immediately. I was very impressed.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
Our diagnostics were covered by our insurance but the IUI including meds were not. Our first IUI was $4,000 including meds and all US.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
Before my monitoring US appointment an unrealistic timeline was given. I mentioned this to the head nurse and she said she would handle it. Basically every nurse I spoke to made me thing the next US would be it and we would do IUI the next day. This was distressing because each US was $200.
Jupiter

Dr. Gualtieri is qualified and knowledgeable in the field of IVF and female reproduction. He even helped me when I had a question about being induced, well after I had "graduated" from IVF to my regular Obstetrician. I feel like he truly cares about his patients, in them achieving their goals of parenthood, and he is willing to listen and allow you to take agency over your own care.... We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility and tried several IUIs for budgetary reasons.
The nursing staff [IVF Florida] was always helpful and willing to answer my questions....The clinic's strengths are its size, allowing it to utilize resources a smaller facility may not have available but this can also be a weakness. There is some inconsistency between the offices and I found my home office of Jupiter to be more amenable to me than the main office in Margate. In Jupiter I was a human, in Margate I was a number.
How was your experience with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
Make a list of questions before your appointment so you don't forget.
Dr. Gualtieri is personable and eloquent and always made me feel like I mattered. I never felt like he had to check the chart to see who I was or what I was there for.
We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility and tried several IUIs for budgetary reasons. When he finally recommended that we move to IVF, he explained the whole process and what the statistical odds were. My stim cycle was 75 of Menopur and 150 Gonal F in the morning and 75 Menopur with 75 Gonal F in the evening and wasn't changed during the cycle based on my follicular response. I then used Crinone after transfer. Our first cycle was successful.
The nursing staff was always helpful and willing to answer my questions. Lynne was especially helpful with questions regarding how to give the shots and what to expect. She was also very compassionate with the emotional turmoil that occurs during this process.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The clinic's strengths are its size, allowing it to utilize resources a smaller facility may not have available but this can also be a weakness. There is some inconsistency between the offices and I found my home office of Jupiter to be more amenable to me than the main office in Margate. In Jupiter I was a human, in Margate I was a number. I would want a new patient to understand that you'll spend more time with your home office than Margate so if you feel this way too, you should probably still stick with them if you like your home office.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Florida.
The monitoring appointments were pretty well run. You would start in the initial waiting room, then get called back to a smaller room outside of the ultrasound room, then be called in as the patient ahead of you was finished. I don't remember waiting more than an hour or so to finish a full monitoring appointment. Those appointments were always in the morning which was convenient for me but may cause an issue for others.
I think each IUI was around $1,500.00 and the total cost for the IVF was about $15,000.00.
When we first met for our consultation we discussed implanting 2 embryos due to my age (37 at the time) but by the time I had my fresh egg transfer the protocol had changed and only 1 was authorized. We had a discussion prior to the transfer (I was emotional because, you know, hormones) and he allowed us to implant two embryos based on our initial understanding and my acceptance of the risk of multiples. I don't know that he could even do this today due to the protocol change but the fact that he was open to my concerns and listened was most important.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
When I started at IVF Florida we discussed a 2 embryo transfer based on my age (37 at the time) but when it came time to do my transfer the facility's protocol had changed to only allow 1 embryo to be transferred in anyone younger than 40. This information wasn't conveyed to me until the morning of the transfer and caused some emotional turmoil. There was also a minor incident where a fee was not adequately explained but it was resolved.

2012
Dr. Our [Steven Ory] was quite conservative with my treatment coarse because I was in my early thirties with pcos so he was concerned to not over stimulate my ovaries with a lot of medication. Unfortunately, that resulted in a low number of eggs at retrieval. When it was unsuccessful, they have you come back in for a follow up and I just felt he really had no sympathy and because I couldn’t do any further treatment, at that point I felt like I was taking up his time.
The nurse corrdinator [at IVF Florida- Jupiter] was great and caring and thorough as were the phlebotomist and ultrasound techs but you would see different ones at different times. I traveled to another clinic for egg retrieval and embryo transfer day... I believe the cost for everything for Ivf with icsi and meds was around 12,000The medication was around 3,000.. here were a few front desk staff that could be quite rude at times
2012
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Dr. Our was quite conservative with my treatment coarse because I was in my early thirties with pcos so he was concerned to not over stimulate my ovaries with a lot of medication. Unfortunately, that resulted in a low number of eggs at retrieval. When it was unsuccessful, they have you come back in for a follow up and I just felt he really had no sympathy and because I couldn’t do any further treatment, at that point I felt like I was taking up his time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Go to a doctor with the latest updated protocols of fertility treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
At first durning consultation and diagnostic phase of treatment I felt well taken care of. Once we received negative pregnancy test and couldn’t afford to do another round of Ivf and wanted to try iui with a special donor, we were then treated more like a number.
Describe the protocols Steven Ory used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
Dr. Ory felt that because I was in my young thirties and had a lot of folicols but had pcos, the best approach would be to use a lower stimulation protocol as to not over stimulate ovaries. You go to clinic everyday or every other day for trans ago all ultrasounds to monitor follicles and to make sure the uterus is thickening properly as you progress in treatment. My check ups were always good and progressing well. Unfortunately on egg retrieval day. They were only able to get six eggs. Two transferred on day three good quality. Resulting in a negative pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
The nurse corrdinator was great and caring and thorough as were the phlebotomist and ultrasound techs but you would see different ones at different times. I traveled to another clinic for egg retrieval and embryo transfer day
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The clinic is very highly rated so the wait times can be quite lengthy waiting on appointments but that’s understandable given the nature of the topic matter. There were a few front desk staff that could be quite rude at times
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
Describe Steven Ory's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
They transferred the two that were good quality for a better chance at a positive pregnancy test.

2004 - 2010
Endometriosis, Other
[IVF Florida is] well-organized, well-run, and staffed with caring, compassionate professionals. The practice utilizes cutting edge technologies and seems to be on top of current research and developments in the ART field....The staff were always caring and helpful. I never felt like just another patient. I felt like they truly cared about me and my well being and wanted to see my husband and I successfully achieve a pregnancy.
2004 - 2010
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Dr. Hoffman is very thorough and takes time to explain things. At no time did I not feel like a valued patient. He was always kind and spoke with my husband and I with compassion, knowledge, and optimism. He was the only doctor who was able to correctly diagnose my issue and help us go on to build our family--without help from any additional assisted reproductive technologies. We actually got pregnant the 'old fashioned way' thanks to his treatment, diagnosis, and solution.
Ask questions if you don't understand something fully. He will take the time to ensure you leave his office understanding.
When I suffered a miscarriage and elected for a D&C, I cried on the gurney while awaiting my turn in surgery, Dr. Hoffman came and sat with me for a few minutes, consoled me, and teared up right along with me. It made me feel like he truly cared.
Dr. Hoffman opted for IUI with injectables (ovidrel I think we used). I responded well and we had 5 eggs develop that were potentially 'the one.' I did not get pregnant on the first injectable cycle with him. He tweaked dosage, etc., for the second cycle and I did get a positive pregnancy test. Sadly, I lost that pregnancy at 7 weeks. Dr. Hoffman recommended I have a D&C so he could send the embryo off for testing. Turns out my body did what it was supposed to do and miscarried a genetically-flawed embryo that was chromosomally abnormal.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Well-organized, well-run, and staffed with caring, compassionate professionals. The practice utilizes cutting edge technologies and seems to be on top of current research and developments in the ART field.
I had very good health insurance coverage that covered a good amount of my care. I paid just a few hundred dollars out of pocket for each IUI. We were preparing to move on to IVF and the clinic had a shared risk program where you got several 'tries' at a successful IVF cycle for one flat rate (not including medications). I seem to recall it was around $20,000 for 3 attempts at that time.
Jupiter
Dr. Maxson is extremely intelligent, experienced, and compassionate. He truely cares about his patients and creates individualized treatment plans. He spends as much time as needed in each appointment, taking time to answer all questions and explain all procedures and potential risks. He does not rush his appointments. He presents the complicated information in a down to earth manner that is easy to understand. He successfully helped me bring a beautiful baby into the world. I am so fond of him that I am back under his care for round two.
Th clinic [IVF Florida] is organized, clean, and the women at the front desk are always friendly and welcoming. The nurses in the lab and wonderful. When it is necessary to give blood for lab work, it is all done in office by a competent professional.... He [Dr. Wayne Maxson] gradually increased medications when needed. He does not want to overstimulate the body or increase the change of having more than one baby, due to the risks. He thoroughly diagnoses reasons for infertility and customizes fertility plans.
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
He really is the best. Infertility is an emotional and physical process, and he is wonderful at managing both.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
Dr. Maxson was professional, yet he told jokes to lighten the mood. He cared about all aspects of my treatment course.
Describe the protocols Wayne Maxson used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
He gradually increased medications when needed. He does not want to overstimulate the body or increase the change of having more than one baby, due to the risks. He thoroughly diagnoses reasons for infertility and customizes fertility plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
She explained all course of treatments, all medications, and answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Th clinic is organized, clean, and the women at the front desk are always friendly and welcoming. The nurses in the lab and wonderful. When it is necessary to give blood for lab work, it is all done in office by a competent professional.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I think he [Dr. Gualtieri] could of done better explaining the process . I had a couple of appointments where I left and I realized later I had more questions than answers. He is very personable but needs to explain more and provide more information...He always knew the facts about the status of progression and what stage I was in. He knew me by sight and name....Staff [IVF Florida] is compassionate but not have highly organized.
[IVF Florida ] I've been to the Margate location, Jupiter location and Wellington location. Margate is the mother ship and I found them very organized. Wellington office is great very organized. Jupiter seems to need help. Paperwork misplaced and lack of communication is a problem....Blood work was missing right before transfer. I was asked to sign a waiver for the genetic test I had taken already. Just things that should not happen. Adds to stress.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
I think he could of done better explaining the process . I had a couple of appointments where I left and I realized later I had more questions than answers. He is very personable but needs to explain more and provide more information.
Be ready to ask the question or you won't receive the information.
Staff is compassionate but not have highly organized.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
I paid out of pocket for everything. ivf meds anesthesia
Yes, two due to age (40).
2009 - 2011
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Manko, is a great person. He his honest and caring. He tries his best to give you different options. This is if you get to meet with him, because now he is very busy.
Prior to Dr. Manko transition from private practice to joining [IVF Florida] it was a great office, but after he transitioned and increased his case load it was no longer a personal experience.
2009 - 2011
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Busy office.
Prior to Dr. Manko transition from private practice to joining IVF it was a great office, but after he transitioned and increased his case load it was no longer a personal experience. It was all about the money.
Jupiter
[Dr. Marc Gualtieri's protocols were] Timed intercourse, 2 iui’s, IVF...Single embryo transfer...He personalizes care extremely well! He knows his patients by name and knows what is going on without having to look it up. He will even personally call for frequent updates... I felt very cared for and safe under his care. I knew regardless of the outcome, he would make sure I eventually became pregnant - which he made possible! I would recommend him every day of the week
I was very pleased with IVF Florida. I Truly don’t have a negative complaint. The best part of the clinic is Dr G, Amanda in margate, Lynne, Megan, Shannon and Jen! They are amazing and I’ll foreber be grateful for each of them...[the nurses] were amazing, supportive, and extremely friendly! They became friends throughout the process. Jen who did my ultrasounds was amazing!...I was always seen on time and the staff was very efficient on getting me in and out.
How was your experience with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
He truly is the best doctor. I felt very cared for and safe under his care. I knew regardless of the outcome, he would make sure I eventually became pregnant - which he made possible! I would recommend him every day of the week
He’s the best doctor ever and you’re lucky to have him
Timed intercourse, 2 iui’s, IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Megan, Lynne, and Shannon! They were fantastic )
Megan, Lynne, and Shannon were amazing, supportive, and extremely friendly! They became friends throughout the process. Jen who did my ultrasounds was amazing!
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Florida.
Approximately 30,000 with 2 IUIs, IVF - 2 transfers, all meds
Single embryo transfer

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Steven Ory] was very cold. Factual but nothing more. He didn't explain the why a lot of times. Didn't provide alternatives. Just went straight to IVF. He seems like a good doctor but he needs to explain the process more to his patients.... Ovadril, chlomid. 3IUIs.... He was nice but only went over the results and then he was done.... $2-3,000 per insemination. IVF starts at $25,000
They [IVF Florida] should show more compassion to their patients. I think clinically they have the procedures in place but if they listen to their patients more then maybe it would allow for other types of comfort and treatment options.... They just didn't always tell me what to expect during the process. I had to learn it as I went.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
He was very cold. Factual but nothing more. He didn't explain the why a lot of times. Didn't provide alternatives. Just went straight to IVF. He seems like a good doctor but he needs to explain the process more to his patients.
Ask a lot of questions and make sure there's no alternative options.
He was nice but only went over the results and then he was done.
Ovadril, chlomid. 3IUIs.
She was really nice.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
They should show more compassion to their patients. I think clinically they have the procedures in place but if they listen to their patients more then maybe it would allow for other types of comfort and treatment options.
$2-3,000 per insemination. IVF starts at $25,000
He stated to transfer one embryo
Jupiter

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida.

Dr. Weitzman's communication style is very compassionate. She takes her time to ensure that all questions are addressed; and encouraged us to call and ask to speak with her directly, if we had questions or concerns. From the first visit, she took the time to get to know me and connect with me. ... IVF of Florida only performs single embryo transfers due to the high risk nature of twin pregnancies for the mother and the babies.
Sometimes there is a delay to get someone on the phone. However, they encourage the use of emails and respond within 2-3 hours during business hours. Although they have multiple locations, not all locations have weekend hours or perform procedures. You may have to travel to a location that is 30-45 min from your home (depending on where you live) for tests and procedures. However, the location where our ultrasounds and labs were done, opened at 7am; so it did not interfere much with work.
How was your experience with Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
Dr. Weitzman and the clinic staff have been very responsive to our calls/emails. Questions are always answered.
Describe the protocols Vanessa Weitzman used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
I underwent 3-4 Clomid and 4-5 Femara cycles with my OB/GYN between July 2017 and July 2018. IVF Cycle started October 2018. This protocol was used due to my age (42). My husband's sperm is within normal limits. Antagonist Protocol with Oral Contraceptives: Doxycycline 100mg by mouth twice a day (hubby and I) for 10 days Menopur 150IU Q AM & 75 IU Q PM Gonal F 75 IU Q AM & 150IU Q PM Cetrotide 0.25mg Q PM HCG 10,000 IU IM Retrieved 4 eggs, but none of them fertilized; despite ICSI being performed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
The nurses and staff were very professional and responsive. Everyone at the clinic (front desk, ultrasound tech, phlebotomist) were very pleasant and professional. My nurse always gave detailed instructions and was patient when we needed additional clarification.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida.
Approximately $18,000 w/ meds
Describe Vanessa Weitzman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Vanessa Weitzman
Margate

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida.

I have low AMH and my husband has abnormal morphology. He [Dr. David Hoffman] put my husband on Conception XR with motility support, which helped his sperm a great deal. We did two rounds of IUI with clomid, gonal F and trigger. Dr. Hoffman is not a huge fan of IUI and he will tell you that. But he has not once pushed us in any one direction. He likes to give you all the options and let you make the decision you're most comfortable with. Both our IUIs failed and we are starting our first round of IVF next month on the microdose protocol
Expect to wait [at IVF Florida-Margate]. This is a very busy clinic. I think they're organized and do a great job, but I can only think of once or twice when I waited less than 15-30 minutes for an appointment, even if it was just a scan and blood draw. All of the staff have been extremely kind, friendly, and helpful.... IVF Florida only does single embryo transfer to avoid the risk of multiples and that fit with what we wanted.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Dr. Hoffman is very warm and caring. He has a great bedside manner and I find him to be very patient and reassuring. I think his greatest strength is his experience and how long he's been doing this. He will tell you he is "old school," which I was worried at first would be a weakness and that he'd be stuck in his ways, but he is very current on all the research that's out there, and I truly feel he wants to see us succeed and become pregnant.
I have two: 1) Ask all of the questions you can think of and make sure you understand everything - he will definitely take the time to explain. 2) Trust what he tells you. We're still in the middle of treatment, but so far he's been accurate in his assessments and I feel good about our treatment plan.
Dr. Hoffman has been kind and patient throughout the entire process. He always shares personal anecdotes, takes his time explaining things or answering my questions, and is always very reassuring.
I have low AMH and my husband has abnormal morphology. He put my husband on Conception XR with motility support, which helped his sperm a great deal. We did two rounds of IUI with clomid, gonal F and trigger. Dr. Hoffman is not a huge fan of IUI and he will tell you that. But he has not once pushed us in any one direction. He likes to give you all the options and let you make the decision you're most comfortable with. Both our IUIs failed and we are starting our first round of IVF next month on the microdose protocol.
The nursing staff is great. They are very quick to return phone calls and they have no problem taking the time to explain or go over treatment plans.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Expect to wait. This is a very busy clinic. I think they're organized and do a great job, but I can only think of once or twice when I waited less than 15-30 minutes for an appointment, even if it was just a scan and blood draw. All of the staff have been extremely kind, friendly, and helpful.
I believe each IUI came out to a little under $2,000 with meds and visits. IVF will be $20k+
Margate

Dr. Maxson is absolutely wonderful. He is caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He speaks to me at my level and is blunt but still empathetic. I like to receive information and don't want it sugar-coated, he is great at doing this.... When we got the bad news that both tubes were blocked (most likely from the time I was born), it was heartbreaking. My doctor heard me crying in the bathroom and waited outside to reassure me that it was going to be okay and we would just move into IVF and that we are on this journey together.
IVF Florida is a major clinic with several different locations across the state. The great part about this is that you can go to any of the different offices pending on your schedule and location for that week. It is important to be aware that this is a very busy clinic and you may have to wait sometimes....The nursing staff, in general, is excellent. They are caring and compassionate and know that this is an extremely stressful journey.
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
Dr. Maxson is absolutely wonderful. He is caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He speaks to me at my level and is blunt but still empathetic. I like to receive information and don't want it sugar-coated, he is great at doing this. He has been there every step of the way and told me on my first appointment that I have been doing a great job of keeping the "car on the road" but now it is time to let him take the wheel. He could see that I had been stressed about this process for a long time and after that initial visit, I think I took the first deep breath for over a year. Could not give him a higher rating, strongly recommend.
Do your own research before going in and come with questions. Dr. Maxson will never rush you and will answer any and everything you may be curious about. Just remember, he is the expert and to trust him and not try to struggle for control. At this point, he is joining you on your journey to becoming a parent.
We were trying for over a year when we made an appointment to see Dr. Maxson. I had done a TON of research and as opposed to treating me like everyone else, he acknowledged that and working within my higher understanding to ensure that I was getting the info I needed, not just the same stuff I had already learned. His bedside manner is excellent and the nurses are wonderful. I get stressed out easily and any time I needed to speak with someone to understand the process better, I was called within minutes or hours (not days). When we got the bad news that both tubes were blocked (most likely from the time I was born), it was heartbreaking. My doctor heard me crying in the bathroom and waited outside to reassure me that it was going to be okay and we would just move into IVF and that we are on this journey together. Wow, I have never trusted a doctor the way I trust him and fully encourage any woman who is going through this struggle with infertility to see him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
The nursing staff, in general, is excellent. They are caring and compassionate and know that this is an extremely stressful journey. They are not there to add anything more to your plate but rather to relieve some of the heavy load that you have been carrying on your shoulders.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
IVF Florida is a major clinic with several different locations across the state. The great part about this is that you can go to any of the different offices pending on your schedule and location for that week. It is important to be aware that this is a very busy clinic and you may have to wait sometimes. Try to book appointments in the afternoon rather than the morning, it is much less busy.
Describe Wayne Maxson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Dr. Maxson has a strong preference to only transfer one embryo. He feels that transferring more than one puts the mother as well as the baby (babies) at an unnecessarily high risk.
Margate

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida.

2014 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Ory's strengths: He explains everything to you and step by step. He is very caring about your situation and helps you feel comfortable with his protocol. Dr. Dr. Ory's weaknesses: Runs a little behind for appointments. I have waited close to a hour at one visit to just meet with him. Overall, Dr. Ory is a fantastic doctor who knows what he is doing... Dr. Ory will not explain above and beyond. He will tell you textbook wise what is going on and what his plan is. But research and ask questions...anything. He will answer them on the spot.
Cassie [nurse at IVF Florida] performed a number of my inseminations with ease. She was extremely knowledgeable on the protocol and procedure. Nadia [nurse] was my shoulder to cry on. She listened when I was upset and always consoled me when I needed it. She explained things to me in a simple way, shared her personal stories and made me feel comfortable...IVF Florida in Margate is a beautiful office. You are always greeted with a smile and hello from the front desk. Most of the girls are very knowledgeable when checking in and out. They remember each individual by name. I have always had a great experience with their phlebotomist and their ultra sound tech, Colleen, is amazing. She is so sweet and talks you through the ultra sound. She even shares what she is seeing with you.
2014 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Listen and ask questions. Dr. Ory will not explain above and beyond. He will tell you textbook wise what is going on and what his plan is. But research and ask questions...anything. He will answer them on the spot.
Dr. Ory is very straight forward with his diagnosis. He has a wonderful personality and cracks a smile every now and then when discussing the issue(s). I felt like I was treated like an individual with Dr. Ory because he specifically spoke of me and very rarely compared me to anyone else. He know I was me and this was "my" issue and not a "bunch of other woman".
In 2014 I had a small fibroid preventing me from getting pregnant. Dr. Ory suggested 3 months of depot lupron shots to shrink it to avoid surgery. Unfortunately they did not work and ended up having laparoscopic surgery with Dr. Christie (Dr. Ory does not perform lap). The fibroid was removed and I became pregnant. Fast forward to 2016. I became pregnant but unfortunately miscarried. After 5 months of not getting pregnant again I returned to Dr. Ory. We ran a number of tests and determined diminishing ovarian reserve / poor egg quality was an assumption. We tried a few rounds of 50mg clomid to produce more eggs with timed intercourse, no luck. In January, February, and March I completed 3 IUI's, each with two days of insemination. I was given 50mg of clomid with ovidrel trigger shot. Each IUI was unsuccessful. We took a break for a few months and then tried 3 months of 2.5mg of letrozole with trigger shot and timed intercourse. Again no luck. We have stepped back from treatments for a while, but still keep in touch with IVF for questions, blood work etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Cassie and Nadia)
Cassie and Nadia are amazing. They are very caring, compassionate and listen to your concerns and even let you cry to them :) Cassie performed a number of my inseminations with ease. She was extremely knowledgeable on the protocol and procedure. Nadia was my shoulder to cry on. She listened when I was upset and always consoled me when I needed it. She explained things to me in a simple way, shared her personal stories and made me feel comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
For visits I had a $30 copay each time. My insurance covered 60% of my IUI treatments. I had to pay approximately $1500 for 3 IUIs. Most medications were covered, expect for the ovidrel injection.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
He was professional, knowledgeable and kind. After my initial appointment, I was nervous but confident that he could help me become a mother. He explained the process and procedures, and was positive I would achieve pregnancy.... During the initial testing, it was determined I have diminished ovarian reserve. He performed an HSG which resulted in one blocked Fallopian tube.
The clinic [IVF Florida] was well organized, modern, and clean. When I arrived for my initial consultation I was extremely overwhelmed with the process and costs, but after speaking with the nurses and staff I felt better.... Once I decided to seek a second opinion, I had difficulty obtaining my medical records. The records custodian did not return calls, e-mails, etc. in a timely manner.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Conduct your own research beforehand and be prepared to ask questions because he doesn't give you all the information you need unless you prompt him with questions. Prepare for a long wait time.
The clinic is large and always had a lot of people in the waiting room. I felt rushed during each of my appointments.
During the initial testing, it was determined I have diminished ovarian reserve. He performed an HSG which resulted in one blocked Fallopian tube. Despite these results, his protocol was 3 IUI cycles with no medications and no monitoring (i.e. blood work and ultrasounds). I was instructed to take a OPK at home and to make an appointment for the day after I received a positive. I felt the timing was off and was not confident considering my test results and no monitoring. After 3 failed attempts, I am taking a break and getting a second opinion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Nadia, Olga, and Cassie)
The nurses were kind, understanding, and sensitive to my needs and concerns. Their positive attitude made me feel comfortable. If I had any questions after my appointment I could email the nurses through the portal and they would respond within 24 hours. At times I was given conflicting information by each nurse which was confusing during my treatment.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The clinic was well organized, modern, and clean. When I arrived for my initial consultation I was extremely overwhelmed with the process and costs, but after speaking with the nurses and staff I felt better. The nurses/staff perform the ultrasounds and blood testing in house so it is convenient and you get the test results within the same day. On the other hand, it is very busy and the waiting room is always crowded. Expect longer than usual wait times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
3 IUI cycles at $278.00 each. My insurance covered the consultation, blood work, and ultrasound so I paid my co-pay for those visits. Total cost – approximately $5,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
Once I decided to seek a second opinion, I had difficulty obtaining my medical records. The records custodian did not return calls, e-mails, etc. in a timely manner. It took several weeks until I finally received my records which delayed my consultation with another RE.
Margate

Dr. Ory is soft spoken and doesn't show much emotion. Overall he seems like a nice man that wants patients to achieve success. Although I underwent treatment with his facility for over one year, I only met with him a few times as the nurses handled most of the treatment.... Based on his recommendation, we proceeded with 3 "natural" IUI cycles (no meds and no monitoring), which all failed.
The waiting room [IVF Florida] was large and clean. It was always crowded no matter the time: weekdays and weekends. The process from check-in to check-out was smooth, but it was usually a long wait.... There are multiple nurses that are involved in your treatment. This was frustrating at times because they would each provide me with conflicting information.... My favorite part was the break room - snack machines, coffee and TV (it wasn't just for employees!).
European, Latino
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Dr. Ory is soft spoken and doesn't show much emotion. Overall he seems like a nice man that wants patients to achieve success. Although I underwent treatment with his facility for over one year, I only met with him a few times as the nurses handled most of the treatment. I didn't see him unless I had a scheduled appointment for him specifically. For those appointments, he had me waiting for an hour or more, and I felt rushed when I finally met with him.
Seek a second opinion.
No matter what time or day we arrived for an appointment, the waiting room was always full. The front desk staff seemed frustrated at times with patients. During one appointment scheduled with Dr. Ory, we waiting an additional hour for him in his office. He seemed rushed to answer our questions. We rarely had the same nurse, so each time they would have to read my chart to understand my situation and treatment.
I first met with Dr. Ory during my consultation. He led me to believe that my only issue was lack of sperm (I'm married to a woman). After standard blood work, ultrasound and HSG, he explained my ovarian reserve was "low for my age," but he was confident I would achieve pregnancy within my first 3 IUI cycles. Based on his recommendation, we proceeded with 3 "natural" IUI cycles (no meds and no monitoring), which all failed. Next, he prescribed 50 mg Clomid for the 4th IUI cycle - failed. For the 5th, 6th and 7th IUI cycles he increased the Clomid dose to 100 mg and added Gonal-F 150iu with Ovidrel 250 trigger shot - failed, failed, failed. He remained confident that I would achieve success, but it never happened. He suggested a Laparascopy (possible endometriosis) and IVF treatment. I decided to seek another opinion. After numerous failed attempts, the process was taking a toll on my marriage, finances, and emotions. I lost my trust in Dr. Ory. After transferring my records to another RE, it was immediately determined that I have Hypothyroidism. This was based on the review of my initial blood work taken by Dr. Ory prior to his treatment! If your thyroid is off even slightly, then it could cause infertility. Dr. Ory failed to diagnosis my thyroid issue.
There are multiple nurses that are involved in your treatment. This was frustrating at times because they would each provide me with conflicting information. For example, one nurse would tell me to come back the next day following an IUI to undergo a second IUI ("back-to-back). However, the next month/cycle, a different nurse instructed me to take a OPK that night following an IUI, and if it was negative then do not return the next day for the 2nd IUI that cycle. It was very confusing, each nurse had their own protocol!
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The waiting room was large and clean. It was always crowded no matter the time: weekdays and weekends. The process from check-in to check-out was smooth, but it was usually a long wait. My favorite part was the break room - snack machines, coffee and TV (it wasn't just for employees!). Once I decided to seek a second opinion, it was difficult to obtain my medical records. I had to consistently follow-up with the records custodian as my request seemed ignored and took longer than it should.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
My insurance does not cover anything fertility related so I paid out-of-pocket for everything. Each IUI is $278, ultrasounds are $300 each, blood work (i.e. progesterone, estradiol) is about $100 each time, HSG is $700, initial consultation and follow-up visit(s) with doctor are $300 each, frozen sperm storage at clinic $100 per month with $50 processing fee each time they receive donor sperm vials. I spent over $20,000 for 7 IUI cycles (5 cycles were back-to-back = 12 IUIs total).
Margate

Strengths [for IVF FL]: - Convenient times and multiple locations (we were able to go to another location for testing at times when mine was booked out). - I think the doctors are generally very knowledgeable and do a good job. I liked all the doctors that I interacted with (different doctors did my HSG, retrieval and transfer). Weaknesses: - Nurses run the show and you don’t see the doctor that often. That being said all the nurses were great although it seems like different nurses supervise different stages of your treatment rather than having one nurse throughout the process. - No updates on monitoring ultrasounds during stims - if you don’t call to ask or ask to speak to the nurse afterwards, they do the ultrasound and tell you nothing about afterwards. Labs get uploaded to the portal but not the ultrasound results. - It is a bog clinic and you can sometimes feel like just a number or like your care is not being individualized.
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Dr. Ory is definitely more of a straight-forward, to the point type of person which I didn’t mind. If you need a lot of hand holding or someone who will be very gentle or careful with what they say he may not be the person for you. I prefer the blunt approach and to go in knowing all the facts beforehand. He does not always go into a lot of detail but will answer any questions you have so just have your questions ready. I would have probably liked to see my doctor more. At this clinic the doctors do the initial consults then you mostly see the nurses after that until the end. I also did not have my doctor for my retrieval or transfer but I understand that the doctors work on a shift system.
Research ahead of time and have a list of questions prepared.
This is a big clinic and sometimes you can feel like just a number. There are benefits to a big clinic also like more convenient hours and multiple locations.
I was on microdose Lupron protocol due to low ovarian reserve. I was on Lupron, Menopur and Gonal F. I also did 3 weeks of birth control pills before my starting stims and before my transfer. For my transfer I did Lupron then estrogen patches then added vaginal progesterone just before transfer.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Strengths: - Convenient times and multiple locations (we were able to go to another location for testing at times when mine was booked out). - I think the doctors are generally very knowledgeable and do a good job. I liked all the doctors that I interacted with (different doctors did my HSG, retrieval and transfer). Weaknesses: - Nurses run the show and you don’t see the doctor that often. That being said all the nurses were great although it seems like different nurses supervise different stages of your treatment rather than having one nurse throughout the process. - No updates on monitoring ultrasounds during stims - if you don’t call to ask or ask to speak to the nurse afterwards, they do the ultrasound and tell you nothing about afterwards. Labs get uploaded to the portal but not the ultrasound results. - It is a bog clinic and you can sometimes feel like just a number or like your care is not being individualized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
IVF cycle with retrieval and fresh transfer is about $12000 FET is about $4000 Embryo freezing and storage is about $1500 plus $100 per month Meds totaled about $5000
It was explained to me in detail and I was given hand-outs about how they decide how many embryos to transfer. Based on the odds I was given, I felt comfortable transferring one embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
Generally during stimulation you come in for monitoring and based on lab results and ultrasound, changes are made to you medication protocol. These changes are communicated to you via a new protocol being uploaded to the patient portal. There was one instance where a medication was mistakenly removed from my protocol. Luckily I called to verify before skipping the medication and the mistake was identified and corrected.

IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Hoffman was my doctor and he is amazing. He will not sugar coat anything and will tell you how it is. He is very upfront with you and does not want there to be any surprises, and he will not get your hopes up unnecessarily. I really appreciated his honesty...Do not let his "to the point" take on things fool you. He cares a lot and only wants you to succeed. Once you get to know him a bit better he ends up feeling like family...We used the agonist protoco
The staff [at IVF Florida] always remembered my husband and I, always asking us how we were doing. The office and staff are very personable...Margate is full of amazing staff. Everyone from the ladies at the front desk, to the woman who drew my blood, the US techs, the doctors and nurses are all wonderful. They take their time to make your visit a smooth process...At IVF Florida you are assigned to a nurse team....there is a patient portal that you can send questions to your nurse team and they always respond promptly.
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
The staff always remembered my husband and I, always asking us how we were doing. The office and staff are very personable.
My ovarian reserve looked good and our main issue was male factor. We used the agonist protocol using Ganirelix to supress ovulation. Dr. Hoffman also had me trigger using Lupron to reduce the changes that I would have OHSS. The protocol worked beautifully. I have 9 eggs retrieved, 8 were mature, 6 fertilized and all 6 made it to freeze. We did an all freeze cycle because I had to have surgery to remove a uterine fibroid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Brittany & Jackie)
At IVF Florida you are assigned to a nurse team. My team consisted of 3 nurses - Brittany, Jackie and a third whose name I can't remember at the moment. All of them were very nice. There is a patient portal that you can send questions to your nurse team and they always respond promptly.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
IVF Florida - Margate is full of amazing staff. Everyone from the ladies at the front desk, to the woman who drew my blood, the US techs, the doctors and nurses are all wonderful. They take their time to make your visit a smooth process. I had one of the front desk ladies come down to the second floor the day of my egg retrieval because she saw me on the schedule and she just wanted to come and give me a hug and wish me good luck. You don't find medical staff as friendly as you do at IVF Florida.
SIS costs $975.00, HSG cost $595. I don't remember specifically the other costs. IVF is not cheap though (no matter where you go)
Dr. Hoffman was very adamant that we should only transfer 1 embryo. Due to my age and the fact that I had never been pregnant or miscarried he said my chances didn't change with multiple embryos, only my chances of having multiples. IVF Florida is very careful - their main goal is to get your pregnant with 1 baby.
Margate

Dr. Hoffman is old school, he'll tell you like it is and make sure you understand what your options are. I think that he knows that main goal is to get pregnant, and he does not want to waste your time with treatment options that don't have a high chance of being successful. He told us exactly what to expect, exactly what his expectations were, and called himself with any important updates. He was real and genuine, I appreciate the care he gave us and his honesty with what needed to happen to get pregnant.
The only weakness would be that some might consider it to be impersonal, it's very large and you tend to see a different nurse each specialized visit. The benefits of a large clinic vastly outweighed any negatives. I rarely waited past my scheduled appointment time, my results were often online the day of my visit, the nurses were on top of the voice messages and e-mails, never leaving me waiting long to get a response. Also, despite the size I had the same nurse do my blood work each time, as well as the same nurse do my ultrasound, they were both amazing and remembered me when I came back.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Trust his suggestions. When he told us we would need to do IVF we thought he might be jumping the gun, going with the most expensive and invasive procedure right off the bat. I know now that the other options had such a smaller likelihood of resulting in a pregnancy, and although we tried Clomid and a trigger injection (without success), we ultimately trusted him and it worked!
Dr. Hoffman always referred to me by name, actually, he used my nickname. He remembered by hobbies, he asked how I was doing with the adjustment of changing my exercise routine during hormone injections, and was candid about what I needed to do to have a successful pregnancy. When he first told us we would have to do IVF to get pregnant, I was upset, but the way he said it was truly hopeful, he told me we could get pregnant, we just had to trust him. We did and we're pregnant. It's a huge step to make, but I'm glad he encouraged us to do IVF when Clomid didn't work. I have heard women that have tried multiple IUI cycles and wasted precious time and money. I felt like he wanted us to be happy and made the suggestion that would make that happen.
Our first cycle was using Clomid to see if my hormone levels would increase to the point of ovulating (I was not ovulating, that was why I would not get pregnant). I took the Clomid and a trigger shot, however, my hormones plateued and I was not able to reach the level needed to ovulate and undergo IUI. The next cycle was IVF. We injected one hormone for about a week morning and the same hormone and another at night, for the second week we did the same injections and added another injection in the evening (Menopur and Gonal-F, then another one I can't remember). I went into the office once or twice a week for bloodwork to check that my hormones were responding to the medications. My cycle went exactly as planned, my husband gave me my trigger shot and then we went in for the retrieval. Dr. Hoffman thought I may have a frozen embryo transfer due to concerns that I may over-stimulate, however, after the retrieval I was slated for a day 5 fresh transfer and went back in to have my embryo implanted. It all happened so fast, we were so lucky.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Jackie, Beverly, and Brittany)
The nursing staff was amazing, they were so patient and always available. They responded to all my e-mails that day, and were available to respond to my messages regarding any concerns. They really went above and beyond my expectations making sure that I had all the information I needed and helped with anything that I was concerned about.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
We only really discussed transferring one embryo, due to my age and the expectation that my embryos would be of good quality, he was confident that one embryo would result in a pregnancy.
Margate

Dr Ory is great. He has a laid back professional attitude. He is very by the books, research, procedural. He encouraged me to ask questions. He was confident in our treatment plan. He spoke in a sensitive way regarding sensitive subjects such as weight... My protocol is/was clomid and trigger x 3 double IUI cycles and then regroup for plan b. I had am allergic reaction to clomid so he will be switching to a different med next cycle
IVF florida margate is professional, clean, and comfortable. The front desk staff is always helpful and smiling. The lady that takes my blood is nice and Coleen the ultrasound lady is super sweet. The waiting room is always full, you start to recognize ladies/ couples with similar cycles are you. Communication is done. Lately through internet portal you will set one up on your first visit. They send appt reminders and lab results and instructions via the portal. It is convenient but does feel a little "cold".
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Come prepared with questions. He is to the point (still warm) but doesn't go into extra detail or "fluff". He encouraged and happily answered all of my questions
When in the presence of dr Ory I felt very much like a human. He was warm and care and encouraged me to ask questions. Scheduling, discussion through the portal etc is what contributed to a some what "feeling like a number"
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Margate team 3 - Cassie and Nadia )
Casie and Nadia are excellent. Thy each performed an IUI on me. They are knowledgable, compassionate, friendly and always have a positive attitude. The only down side is I think they are swamped with patients and procedures all day so they don't respond to the portal messages until very late in the afternoon.
475 each IUI (2 per cycle) Appointments ran around 200 each visit
Margate

Dr. Gualtieri always made the time to talk to me, answer all my questions, and calm me. He learned about my personality and tried his best to guide me in the process... He became a friend in the process and I trust him implicitly. He understands me as a patient and my needs emotionally. To me, that is first and foremost. Going into our second cycle, we have adjusted the protocol...We waited to see about my trigger so we would know the likelihood of overstim. We ended up using hcg and all went ok. No overstim and recovery was a breeze.
The only weakness I would share is when they [IVF Florida] called to tell me none of my embryos made it to freeze. The nurse should have had a kinder bedside manner...They [nurses] were just wonderful women that showed compassion and were with me on this tough journey. I'm sure there were a few times they wanted to hang up on me, but the patience and care they showed were invaluable...We are paying out of pocket and I feel it is a fair rate.
How was your experience with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
Although we did not get the result we wanted, I do not hold that against him. There are certain things we cannot control and that was the biggest lesson I learned from dr g and my first cycle. He became a friend in the process and I trust him implicitly. He understands me as a patient and my needs emotionally. To me, that is first and foremost. Going into our second cycle, we have adjusted the protocol. IVF is an experiment. We never know what will or won't work.
He loves a prepared patient. You're a team in this infertility war. There's not much advice I would offer.
I believe strongly that the doctor patient relationship in this process is extremely important. Dr. Gualtieri always made the time to talk to me, answer all my questions, and calm me. He learned about my personality and tried his best to guide me in the process.
I tested negative on blood and glucose for PCOS. For stim, we used menopur, gonal-f, and ganirelix. We waited to see about my trigger so we would know the likelihood of overstim. We ended up using hcg and all went ok. No overstim and recovery was a breeze. I did however, stim slightly fast and had lots of smaller follicles. Our next protocol will be more aggressive in hopes for more follicles and even growth across the board.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
They were just wonderful women that showed compassion and were with me on this tough journey. I'm sure there were a few times they wanted to hang up on me, but the patience and care they showed were invaluable.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The only weakness I would share is when they called to tell me none of my embryos made it to freeze. The nurse should have had a kinder bedside manner.
It was billed through insurance last time so I cannot speak Fairly to costs. We are paying out of pocket and I feel it is a fair rate.
I agreed with the approach.
Margate

Dr. Maxson was my Dr through 1 frozen embryo transfer (FET)...He was extremely compassionate, and thorough in dealing with the miscarriage itself and in trying to determine a reason for the miscarriage...I never felt rushed during an appointment with Dr. Maxson. He was always very thorough and willing to answer all of my questions. He's extremely knowledgeable and will go into a great deal of explaining the science part of everything if you wish.
The clinic is very clean and is run effectively. They have a lot of patients, and that can seem overwhelming at times. Throughout your cycle you will have to get many blood draws and ultrasounds. These appointments are typically lengthier than they should be (in my opinion) due to the volume of patients. The egg retrieval with PGS testing cost around $15,000, not including medication. Each frozen embryo transfer was about $4,500, not including medication.
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
Dr. Maxson was my Dr through 1 frozen embryo transfer (FET). Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended at 7 weeks due to a miscarriage. He was extremely compassionate, and thorough in dealing with the miscarriage itself and in trying to determine a reason for the miscarriage. I'm still in the process of testing and learning if there is any reason for my miscarriage, but I hope to have another FET in February 2018, and hopefully that one will be successful!
Ask a lot of questions, and be willing to listen to his answers. I was so positive my first time around, that I blocked out the statistics related to having a successful pregnancy on try # 1. Now that I'm about to start try #3 I wish I was had been more prepared for the idea that try #1 might not be successful.
My frozen embryo transfer (FET) started with 10-14 days of birth control. Once I got my period, I started Lupron injections every morning and estrogen patches in increasing doses for 14 days. I had to take 6 days of progesterone injections in oil before my FET due to ERA results indicating I was pre-receptive at the time of my 1st FET which ended with a negative pregnancy test result.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida.
Dr. Maxson highly recommended a single embryo transfer due to my age (30). Multiple embryo transfers were never an option.