7.2

Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
Wellington
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414

Dr. Maxson is absolutely wonderful. He is caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He speaks to me at my level and is blunt but still empathetic. I like to receive information and don't want it sugar-coated, he is great at doing this.... When we got the bad news that both tubes were blocked (most likely from the time I was born), it was heartbreaking. My doctor heard me crying in the bathroom and waited outside to reassure me that it was going to be okay and we would just move into IVF and that we are on this journey together.
IVF Florida is a major clinic with several different locations across the state. The great part about this is that you can go to any of the different offices pending on your schedule and location for that week. It is important to be aware that this is a very busy clinic and you may have to wait sometimes....The nursing staff, in general, is excellent. They are caring and compassionate and know that this is an extremely stressful journey.
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
Dr. Maxson is absolutely wonderful. He is caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He speaks to me at my level and is blunt but still empathetic. I like to receive information and don't want it sugar-coated, he is great at doing this. He has been there every step of the way and told me on my first appointment that I have been doing a great job of keeping the "car on the road" but now it is time to let him take the wheel. He could see that I had been stressed about this process for a long time and after that initial visit, I think I took the first deep breath for over a year. Could not give him a higher rating, strongly recommend.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
Do your own research before going in and come with questions. Dr. Maxson will never rush you and will answer any and everything you may be curious about. Just remember, he is the expert and to trust him and not try to struggle for control. At this point, he is joining you on your journey to becoming a parent.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
We were trying for over a year when we made an appointment to see Dr. Maxson. I had done a TON of research and as opposed to treating me like everyone else, he acknowledged that and working within my higher understanding to ensure that I was getting the info I needed, not just the same stuff I had already learned. His bedside manner is excellent and the nurses are wonderful. I get stressed out easily and any time I needed to speak with someone to understand the process better, I was called within minutes or hours (not days). When we got the bad news that both tubes were blocked (most likely from the time I was born), it was heartbreaking. My doctor heard me crying in the bathroom and waited outside to reassure me that it was going to be okay and we would just move into IVF and that we are on this journey together. Wow, I have never trusted a doctor the way I trust him and fully encourage any woman who is going through this struggle with infertility to see him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
The nursing staff, in general, is excellent. They are caring and compassionate and know that this is an extremely stressful journey. They are not there to add anything more to your plate but rather to relieve some of the heavy load that you have been carrying on your shoulders.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
IVF Florida is a major clinic with several different locations across the state. The great part about this is that you can go to any of the different offices pending on your schedule and location for that week. It is important to be aware that this is a very busy clinic and you may have to wait sometimes. Try to book appointments in the afternoon rather than the morning, it is much less busy.
Describe Wayne Maxson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Dr. Maxson has a strong preference to only transfer one embryo. He feels that transferring more than one puts the mother as well as the baby (babies) at an unnecessarily high risk.
Wayne Maxson

2014 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Ory's strengths: He explains everything to you and step by step. He is very caring about your situation and helps you feel comfortable with his protocol. Dr. Dr. Ory's weaknesses: Runs a little behind for appointments. I have waited close to a hour at one visit to just meet with him. Overall, Dr. Ory is a fantastic doctor who knows what he is doing... Dr. Ory will not explain above and beyond. He will tell you textbook wise what is going on and what his plan is. But research and ask questions...anything. He will answer them on the spot.
Cassie [nurse at IVF Florida] performed a number of my inseminations with ease. She was extremely knowledgeable on the protocol and procedure. Nadia [nurse] was my shoulder to cry on. She listened when I was upset and always consoled me when I needed it. She explained things to me in a simple way, shared her personal stories and made me feel comfortable...IVF Florida in Margate is a beautiful office. You are always greeted with a smile and hello from the front desk. Most of the girls are very knowledgeable when checking in and out. They remember each individual by name. I have always had a great experience with their phlebotomist and their ultra sound tech, Colleen, is amazing. She is so sweet and talks you through the ultra sound. She even shares what she is seeing with you.
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Listen and ask questions. Dr. Ory will not explain above and beyond. He will tell you textbook wise what is going on and what his plan is. But research and ask questions...anything. He will answer them on the spot.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Dr. Ory is very straight forward with his diagnosis. He has a wonderful personality and cracks a smile every now and then when discussing the issue(s). I felt like I was treated like an individual with Dr. Ory because he specifically spoke of me and very rarely compared me to anyone else. He know I was me and this was "my" issue and not a "bunch of other woman".
Describe the protocols Steven Ory used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
In 2014 I had a small fibroid preventing me from getting pregnant. Dr. Ory suggested 3 months of depot lupron shots to shrink it to avoid surgery. Unfortunately they did not work and ended up having laparoscopic surgery with Dr. Christie (Dr. Ory does not perform lap). The fibroid was removed and I became pregnant. Fast forward to 2016. I became pregnant but unfortunately miscarried. After 5 months of not getting pregnant again I returned to Dr. Ory. We ran a number of tests and determined diminishing ovarian reserve / poor egg quality was an assumption. We tried a few rounds of 50mg clomid to produce more eggs with timed intercourse, no luck. In January, February, and March I completed 3 IUI's, each with two days of insemination. I was given 50mg of clomid with ovidrel trigger shot. Each IUI was unsuccessful. We took a break for a few months and then tried 3 months of 2.5mg of letrozole with trigger shot and timed intercourse. Again no luck. We have stepped back from treatments for a while, but still keep in touch with IVF for questions, blood work etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Cassie and Nadia)
Cassie and Nadia are amazing. They are very caring, compassionate and listen to your concerns and even let you cry to them :) Cassie performed a number of my inseminations with ease. She was extremely knowledgeable on the protocol and procedure. Nadia was my shoulder to cry on. She listened when I was upset and always consoled me when I needed it. She explained things to me in a simple way, shared her personal stories and made me feel comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
For visits I had a $30 copay each time. My insurance covered 60% of my IUI treatments. I had to pay approximately $1500 for 3 IUIs. Most medications were covered, expect for the ovidrel injection.
Margate

He was professional, knowledgeable and kind. After my initial appointment, I was nervous but confident that he could help me become a mother. He explained the process and procedures, and was positive I would achieve pregnancy.... During the initial testing, it was determined I have diminished ovarian reserve. He performed an HSG which resulted in one blocked Fallopian tube.
The clinic [IVF Florida] was well organized, modern, and clean. When I arrived for my initial consultation I was extremely overwhelmed with the process and costs, but after speaking with the nurses and staff I felt better.... Once I decided to seek a second opinion, I had difficulty obtaining my medical records. The records custodian did not return calls, e-mails, etc. in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Conduct your own research beforehand and be prepared to ask questions because he doesn't give you all the information you need unless you prompt him with questions. Prepare for a long wait time.
The clinic is large and always had a lot of people in the waiting room. I felt rushed during each of my appointments.
During the initial testing, it was determined I have diminished ovarian reserve. He performed an HSG which resulted in one blocked Fallopian tube. Despite these results, his protocol was 3 IUI cycles with no medications and no monitoring (i.e. blood work and ultrasounds). I was instructed to take a OPK at home and to make an appointment for the day after I received a positive. I felt the timing was off and was not confident considering my test results and no monitoring. After 3 failed attempts, I am taking a break and getting a second opinion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Nadia, Olga, and Cassie)
The nurses were kind, understanding, and sensitive to my needs and concerns. Their positive attitude made me feel comfortable. If I had any questions after my appointment I could email the nurses through the portal and they would respond within 24 hours. At times I was given conflicting information by each nurse which was confusing during my treatment.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The clinic was well organized, modern, and clean. When I arrived for my initial consultation I was extremely overwhelmed with the process and costs, but after speaking with the nurses and staff I felt better. The nurses/staff perform the ultrasounds and blood testing in house so it is convenient and you get the test results within the same day. On the other hand, it is very busy and the waiting room is always crowded. Expect longer than usual wait times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
3 IUI cycles at $278.00 each. My insurance covered the consultation, blood work, and ultrasound so I paid my co-pay for those visits. Total cost – approximately $5,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
Once I decided to seek a second opinion, I had difficulty obtaining my medical records. The records custodian did not return calls, e-mails, etc. in a timely manner. It took several weeks until I finally received my records which delayed my consultation with another RE.
Margate

Dr. Ory is soft spoken and doesn't show much emotion. Overall he seems like a nice man that wants patients to achieve success. Although I underwent treatment with his facility for over one year, I only met with him a few times as the nurses handled most of the treatment.... Based on his recommendation, we proceeded with 3 "natural" IUI cycles (no meds and no monitoring), which all failed.
The waiting room [IVF Florida] was large and clean. It was always crowded no matter the time: weekdays and weekends. The process from check-in to check-out was smooth, but it was usually a long wait.... There are multiple nurses that are involved in your treatment. This was frustrating at times because they would each provide me with conflicting information.... My favorite part was the break room - snack machines, coffee and TV (it wasn't just for employees!).
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Dr. Ory is soft spoken and doesn't show much emotion. Overall he seems like a nice man that wants patients to achieve success. Although I underwent treatment with his facility for over one year, I only met with him a few times as the nurses handled most of the treatment. I didn't see him unless I had a scheduled appointment for him specifically. For those appointments, he had me waiting for an hour or more, and I felt rushed when I finally met with him.
Seek a second opinion.
No matter what time or day we arrived for an appointment, the waiting room was always full. The front desk staff seemed frustrated at times with patients. During one appointment scheduled with Dr. Ory, we waiting an additional hour for him in his office. He seemed rushed to answer our questions. We rarely had the same nurse, so each time they would have to read my chart to understand my situation and treatment.
I first met with Dr. Ory during my consultation. He led me to believe that my only issue was lack of sperm (I'm married to a woman). After standard blood work, ultrasound and HSG, he explained my ovarian reserve was "low for my age," but he was confident I would achieve pregnancy within my first 3 IUI cycles. Based on his recommendation, we proceeded with 3 "natural" IUI cycles (no meds and no monitoring), which all failed. Next, he prescribed 50 mg Clomid for the 4th IUI cycle - failed. For the 5th, 6th and 7th IUI cycles he increased the Clomid dose to 100 mg and added Gonal-F 150iu with Ovidrel 250 trigger shot - failed, failed, failed. He remained confident that I would achieve success, but it never happened. He suggested a Laparascopy (possible endometriosis) and IVF treatment. I decided to seek another opinion. After numerous failed attempts, the process was taking a toll on my marriage, finances, and emotions. I lost my trust in Dr. Ory. After transferring my records to another RE, it was immediately determined that I have Hypothyroidism. This was based on the review of my initial blood work taken by Dr. Ory prior to his treatment! If your thyroid is off even slightly, then it could cause infertility. Dr. Ory failed to diagnosis my thyroid issue.
There are multiple nurses that are involved in your treatment. This was frustrating at times because they would each provide me with conflicting information. For example, one nurse would tell me to come back the next day following an IUI to undergo a second IUI ("back-to-back). However, the next month/cycle, a different nurse instructed me to take a OPK that night following an IUI, and if it was negative then do not return the next day for the 2nd IUI that cycle. It was very confusing, each nurse had their own protocol!
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The waiting room was large and clean. It was always crowded no matter the time: weekdays and weekends. The process from check-in to check-out was smooth, but it was usually a long wait. My favorite part was the break room - snack machines, coffee and TV (it wasn't just for employees!). Once I decided to seek a second opinion, it was difficult to obtain my medical records. I had to consistently follow-up with the records custodian as my request seemed ignored and took longer than it should.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
My insurance does not cover anything fertility related so I paid out-of-pocket for everything. Each IUI is $278, ultrasounds are $300 each, blood work (i.e. progesterone, estradiol) is about $100 each time, HSG is $700, initial consultation and follow-up visit(s) with doctor are $300 each, frozen sperm storage at clinic $100 per month with $50 processing fee each time they receive donor sperm vials. I spent over $20,000 for 7 IUI cycles (5 cycles were back-to-back = 12 IUIs total).
Margate

Strengths [for IVF FL]: - Convenient times and multiple locations (we were able to go to another location for testing at times when mine was booked out). - I think the doctors are generally very knowledgeable and do a good job. I liked all the doctors that I interacted with (different doctors did my HSG, retrieval and transfer). Weaknesses: - Nurses run the show and you don’t see the doctor that often. That being said all the nurses were great although it seems like different nurses supervise different stages of your treatment rather than having one nurse throughout the process. - No updates on monitoring ultrasounds during stims - if you don’t call to ask or ask to speak to the nurse afterwards, they do the ultrasound and tell you nothing about afterwards. Labs get uploaded to the portal but not the ultrasound results. - It is a bog clinic and you can sometimes feel like just a number or like your care is not being individualized.
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Dr. Ory is definitely more of a straight-forward, to the point type of person which I didn’t mind. If you need a lot of hand holding or someone who will be very gentle or careful with what they say he may not be the person for you. I prefer the blunt approach and to go in knowing all the facts beforehand. He does not always go into a lot of detail but will answer any questions you have so just have your questions ready. I would have probably liked to see my doctor more. At this clinic the doctors do the initial consults then you mostly see the nurses after that until the end. I also did not have my doctor for my retrieval or transfer but I understand that the doctors work on a shift system.
Research ahead of time and have a list of questions prepared.
This is a big clinic and sometimes you can feel like just a number. There are benefits to a big clinic also like more convenient hours and multiple locations.
I was on microdose Lupron protocol due to low ovarian reserve. I was on Lupron, Menopur and Gonal F. I also did 3 weeks of birth control pills before my starting stims and before my transfer. For my transfer I did Lupron then estrogen patches then added vaginal progesterone just before transfer.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Strengths: - Convenient times and multiple locations (we were able to go to another location for testing at times when mine was booked out). - I think the doctors are generally very knowledgeable and do a good job. I liked all the doctors that I interacted with (different doctors did my HSG, retrieval and transfer). Weaknesses: - Nurses run the show and you don’t see the doctor that often. That being said all the nurses were great although it seems like different nurses supervise different stages of your treatment rather than having one nurse throughout the process. - No updates on monitoring ultrasounds during stims - if you don’t call to ask or ask to speak to the nurse afterwards, they do the ultrasound and tell you nothing about afterwards. Labs get uploaded to the portal but not the ultrasound results. - It is a bog clinic and you can sometimes feel like just a number or like your care is not being individualized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
IVF cycle with retrieval and fresh transfer is about $12000 FET is about $4000 Embryo freezing and storage is about $1500 plus $100 per month Meds totaled about $5000
Describe Steven Ory's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
It was explained to me in detail and I was given hand-outs about how they decide how many embryos to transfer. Based on the odds I was given, I felt comfortable transferring one embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
Generally during stimulation you come in for monitoring and based on lab results and ultrasound, changes are made to you medication protocol. These changes are communicated to you via a new protocol being uploaded to the patient portal. There was one instance where a medication was mistakenly removed from my protocol. Luckily I called to verify before skipping the medication and the mistake was identified and corrected.

IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Hoffman was my doctor and he is amazing. He will not sugar coat anything and will tell you how it is. He is very upfront with you and does not want there to be any surprises, and he will not get your hopes up unnecessarily. I really appreciated his honesty...Do not let his "to the point" take on things fool you. He cares a lot and only wants you to succeed. Once you get to know him a bit better he ends up feeling like family...We used the agonist protoco
The staff [at IVF Florida] always remembered my husband and I, always asking us how we were doing. The office and staff are very personable...Margate is full of amazing staff. Everyone from the ladies at the front desk, to the woman who drew my blood, the US techs, the doctors and nurses are all wonderful. They take their time to make your visit a smooth process...At IVF Florida you are assigned to a nurse team....there is a patient portal that you can send questions to your nurse team and they always respond promptly.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
The staff always remembered my husband and I, always asking us how we were doing. The office and staff are very personable.
Describe the protocols David Hoffman used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
My ovarian reserve looked good and our main issue was male factor. We used the agonist protocol using Ganirelix to supress ovulation. Dr. Hoffman also had me trigger using Lupron to reduce the changes that I would have OHSS. The protocol worked beautifully. I have 9 eggs retrieved, 8 were mature, 6 fertilized and all 6 made it to freeze. We did an all freeze cycle because I had to have surgery to remove a uterine fibroid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Brittany & Jackie)
At IVF Florida you are assigned to a nurse team. My team consisted of 3 nurses - Brittany, Jackie and a third whose name I can't remember at the moment. All of them were very nice. There is a patient portal that you can send questions to your nurse team and they always respond promptly.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
IVF Florida - Margate is full of amazing staff. Everyone from the ladies at the front desk, to the woman who drew my blood, the US techs, the doctors and nurses are all wonderful. They take their time to make your visit a smooth process. I had one of the front desk ladies come down to the second floor the day of my egg retrieval because she saw me on the schedule and she just wanted to come and give me a hug and wish me good luck. You don't find medical staff as friendly as you do at IVF Florida.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Hoffman at IVF Florida.
SIS costs $975.00, HSG cost $595. I don't remember specifically the other costs. IVF is not cheap though (no matter where you go)
Describe David Hoffman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Dr. Hoffman was very adamant that we should only transfer 1 embryo. Due to my age and the fact that I had never been pregnant or miscarried he said my chances didn't change with multiple embryos, only my chances of having multiples. IVF Florida is very careful - their main goal is to get your pregnant with 1 baby.
Margate

Dr. Hoffman is old school, he'll tell you like it is and make sure you understand what your options are. I think that he knows that main goal is to get pregnant, and he does not want to waste your time with treatment options that don't have a high chance of being successful. He told us exactly what to expect, exactly what his expectations were, and called himself with any important updates. He was real and genuine, I appreciate the care he gave us and his honesty with what needed to happen to get pregnant.
The only weakness would be that some might consider it to be impersonal, it's very large and you tend to see a different nurse each specialized visit. The benefits of a large clinic vastly outweighed any negatives. I rarely waited past my scheduled appointment time, my results were often online the day of my visit, the nurses were on top of the voice messages and e-mails, never leaving me waiting long to get a response. Also, despite the size I had the same nurse do my blood work each time, as well as the same nurse do my ultrasound, they were both amazing and remembered me when I came back.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Trust his suggestions. When he told us we would need to do IVF we thought he might be jumping the gun, going with the most expensive and invasive procedure right off the bat. I know now that the other options had such a smaller likelihood of resulting in a pregnancy, and although we tried Clomid and a trigger injection (without success), we ultimately trusted him and it worked!
Dr. Hoffman always referred to me by name, actually, he used my nickname. He remembered by hobbies, he asked how I was doing with the adjustment of changing my exercise routine during hormone injections, and was candid about what I needed to do to have a successful pregnancy. When he first told us we would have to do IVF to get pregnant, I was upset, but the way he said it was truly hopeful, he told me we could get pregnant, we just had to trust him. We did and we're pregnant. It's a huge step to make, but I'm glad he encouraged us to do IVF when Clomid didn't work. I have heard women that have tried multiple IUI cycles and wasted precious time and money. I felt like he wanted us to be happy and made the suggestion that would make that happen.
Our first cycle was using Clomid to see if my hormone levels would increase to the point of ovulating (I was not ovulating, that was why I would not get pregnant). I took the Clomid and a trigger shot, however, my hormones plateued and I was not able to reach the level needed to ovulate and undergo IUI. The next cycle was IVF. We injected one hormone for about a week morning and the same hormone and another at night, for the second week we did the same injections and added another injection in the evening (Menopur and Gonal-F, then another one I can't remember). I went into the office once or twice a week for bloodwork to check that my hormones were responding to the medications. My cycle went exactly as planned, my husband gave me my trigger shot and then we went in for the retrieval. Dr. Hoffman thought I may have a frozen embryo transfer due to concerns that I may over-stimulate, however, after the retrieval I was slated for a day 5 fresh transfer and went back in to have my embryo implanted. It all happened so fast, we were so lucky.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Jackie, Beverly, and Brittany)
The nursing staff was amazing, they were so patient and always available. They responded to all my e-mails that day, and were available to respond to my messages regarding any concerns. They really went above and beyond my expectations making sure that I had all the information I needed and helped with anything that I was concerned about.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
We only really discussed transferring one embryo, due to my age and the expectation that my embryos would be of good quality, he was confident that one embryo would result in a pregnancy.
Margate

Dr Ory is great. He has a laid back professional attitude. He is very by the books, research, procedural. He encouraged me to ask questions. He was confident in our treatment plan. He spoke in a sensitive way regarding sensitive subjects such as weight... My protocol is/was clomid and trigger x 3 double IUI cycles and then regroup for plan b. I had am allergic reaction to clomid so he will be switching to a different med next cycle
IVF florida margate is professional, clean, and comfortable. The front desk staff is always helpful and smiling. The lady that takes my blood is nice and Coleen the ultrasound lady is super sweet. The waiting room is always full, you start to recognize ladies/ couples with similar cycles are you. Communication is done. Lately through internet portal you will set one up on your first visit. They send appt reminders and lab results and instructions via the portal. It is convenient but does feel a little "cold".
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Come prepared with questions. He is to the point (still warm) but doesn't go into extra detail or "fluff". He encouraged and happily answered all of my questions
When in the presence of dr Ory I felt very much like a human. He was warm and care and encouraged me to ask questions. Scheduling, discussion through the portal etc is what contributed to a some what "feeling like a number"
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Margate team 3 - Cassie and Nadia )
Casie and Nadia are excellent. Thy each performed an IUI on me. They are knowledgable, compassionate, friendly and always have a positive attitude. The only down side is I think they are swamped with patients and procedures all day so they don't respond to the portal messages until very late in the afternoon.
475 each IUI (2 per cycle) Appointments ran around 200 each visit

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Gualtieri always made the time to talk to me, answer all my questions, and calm me. He learned about my personality and tried his best to guide me in the process... He became a friend in the process and I trust him implicitly. He understands me as a patient and my needs emotionally. To me, that is first and foremost. Going into our second cycle, we have adjusted the protocol...We waited to see about my trigger so we would know the likelihood of overstim. We ended up using hcg and all went ok. No overstim and recovery was a breeze.
The only weakness I would share is when they [IVF Florida] called to tell me none of my embryos made it to freeze. The nurse should have had a kinder bedside manner...They [nurses] were just wonderful women that showed compassion and were with me on this tough journey. I'm sure there were a few times they wanted to hang up on me, but the patience and care they showed were invaluable...We are paying out of pocket and I feel it is a fair rate.
How was your experience with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
Although we did not get the result we wanted, I do not hold that against him. There are certain things we cannot control and that was the biggest lesson I learned from dr g and my first cycle. He became a friend in the process and I trust him implicitly. He understands me as a patient and my needs emotionally. To me, that is first and foremost. Going into our second cycle, we have adjusted the protocol. IVF is an experiment. We never know what will or won't work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
He loves a prepared patient. You're a team in this infertility war. There's not much advice I would offer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
I believe strongly that the doctor patient relationship in this process is extremely important. Dr. Gualtieri always made the time to talk to me, answer all my questions, and calm me. He learned about my personality and tried his best to guide me in the process.
Describe the protocols Marc Gualtieri used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
I tested negative on blood and glucose for PCOS. For stim, we used menopur, gonal-f, and ganirelix. We waited to see about my trigger so we would know the likelihood of overstim. We ended up using hcg and all went ok. No overstim and recovery was a breeze. I did however, stim slightly fast and had lots of smaller follicles. Our next protocol will be more aggressive in hopes for more follicles and even growth across the board.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
They were just wonderful women that showed compassion and were with me on this tough journey. I'm sure there were a few times they wanted to hang up on me, but the patience and care they showed were invaluable.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The only weakness I would share is when they called to tell me none of my embryos made it to freeze. The nurse should have had a kinder bedside manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida.
It was billed through insurance last time so I cannot speak Fairly to costs. We are paying out of pocket and I feel it is a fair rate.
Describe Marc Gualtieri's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
I agreed with the approach.
Marc Gualtieri
Margate
Dr. Maxson was my Dr through 1 frozen embryo transfer (FET)...He was extremely compassionate, and thorough in dealing with the miscarriage itself and in trying to determine a reason for the miscarriage...I never felt rushed during an appointment with Dr. Maxson. He was always very thorough and willing to answer all of my questions. He's extremely knowledgeable and will go into a great deal of explaining the science part of everything if you wish.
The clinic is very clean and is run effectively. They have a lot of patients, and that can seem overwhelming at times. Throughout your cycle you will have to get many blood draws and ultrasounds. These appointments are typically lengthier than they should be (in my opinion) due to the volume of patients. The egg retrieval with PGS testing cost around $15,000, not including medication. Each frozen embryo transfer was about $4,500, not including medication.
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
Dr. Maxson was my Dr through 1 frozen embryo transfer (FET). Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended at 7 weeks due to a miscarriage. He was extremely compassionate, and thorough in dealing with the miscarriage itself and in trying to determine a reason for the miscarriage. I'm still in the process of testing and learning if there is any reason for my miscarriage, but I hope to have another FET in February 2018, and hopefully that one will be successful!
Ask a lot of questions, and be willing to listen to his answers. I was so positive my first time around, that I blocked out the statistics related to having a successful pregnancy on try # 1. Now that I'm about to start try #3 I wish I was had been more prepared for the idea that try #1 might not be successful.
Describe the protocols Wayne Maxson used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
My frozen embryo transfer (FET) started with 10-14 days of birth control. Once I got my period, I started Lupron injections every morning and estrogen patches in increasing doses for 14 days. I had to take 6 days of progesterone injections in oil before my FET due to ERA results indicating I was pre-receptive at the time of my 1st FET which ended with a negative pregnancy test result.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida.
Dr. Maxson highly recommended a single embryo transfer due to my age (30). Multiple embryo transfers were never an option.
Wayne Maxson

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Barrionuevo was excellent during my initial visit. His response time post second cycle made me feel differently. The clinic advertises it self as "compassion care" but I did not feel the wait time showed compassion, would have understood if he passed the call onto "on call Dr" during his 2 week "vacation", at least it would have some acknowledgement for what I went through and given me some needed closure.
Lead nurse is outstanding, very compassionate. All the med information is very overwhelming....Too many patients at the clinic [IVF Florida], you feel part of a "crowd"....There was often a long wait time but techs were skilled and professional....First cycle nurse was OUTSTANDING, best part of the clinic. The "donor team" was not organized, I found errors in my protocol and needed to advise them to order a 2nd bottle of medication.
How was your experience with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
Ask lots of questions and keep in mind that with a group this large, it's not necessarily Dr. B doing the retrieval/transfer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida?
After using donor eggs and having a failed cycle, took the Dr two additonal weeks to call me and discuss the results.
Describe the protocols Marcelo Barrionuevo used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
Gonal F, Menopur as well as Ganirelix and Leuprolide. Felt my protocol was "the clinic usual" and was not necessarily adapted to my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Lead nurse is outstanding, very compassionate. All the med information is very overwhelming. Keep a binder with all of your "documented paperwork". Too many patients at the clinic, you feel part of a "crowd". Talk to other patients while in the "waiting area", you learn so much from the expereiences of others. Don't hesitate to change dr/clinics... this is one of your most important decisions in life and who's on your "team" is crucial. Don't be silent about your infertility struggles.. so many of us are going through this and we can help eachother...if we keep HOPE alive...eventually we will hold our precious one.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Florida.
There was often a long wait time but techs were skilled and professional.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marcelo Barrionuevo at IVF Florida.
Regular IVF cycle close to $12,000 Donor Egg Cyle $20,000
Describe Marcelo Barrionuevo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
No comments.
Marcelo Barrionuevo
Margate
Dr. Hoffman is very straight forward, which I appreciated. I felt at times though that because he has so many patients he was often rushing. I like that he was thorough with pre testing and he is very good at surgical procedures, ie hysteroscopy.. I did not like that after none of our eggs made it to blast he didn't call us. Instead we heard from someone we never had contact with prior and we had to call and ask for a follow up appointment to speak with Dr. Hoffman about the particulars. I did not feel reassured that the protocol a 2nd time around wld be changed to yield a better outcome. Instead it felt like Dr. Hoffman had no real answers as to why none made it to blast for a transfer and it would be a try again and see what happens.
This clinic [IVF Florida] is extemely busy but well run. The wait was usually not that long and their hours are accommodating, esp weekends. All of our encounters with the care team was positive. Be sure to ask questions you may have along the way.... The nurse team is amazing. You really communicate with them more than your doctor. I also saw Barbara along with Debbie. They were thorough and called to keep us on track. They demonstrated how to give yourself the injections. They are compassionate and very well informed.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Go in with specific questions and don't be afraid to ask about the pros and cons of alternatives.
Dr. Hoffman was personable and he took the time to explain our course of treatment in terms that were easy to understand. He was also pretty up front about the statistics.
We did the lupron, gonal protocol. It spanned close to 10 days . I think due to my age i was put on an aggressive course, but while it yielded a lot of eggs, the quality was not good after fertilization and i had mild over stimulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
This clinic is extemely busy but well run. The wait was usually not that long and their hours are accommodating, esp weekends. All of our encounters with the care team was positive. Be sure to ask questions you may have along the way.
The costs were abt $12,000 not including medication. We had icsi and storage costs
We did not get to the point of transfer so cannot comment.

2015, 10 Eggs Frozen
I did not feel rushed the 2 times I met with him...I did not like the fact that he did not go into great detail explaining the procedure.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
He spoke about his knowledge and experience, which I liked, even though I had done my research. He had a relaxed attitude and I felt welcomed. I did not feel rushed the 2 times I met with him. He even went on to talk about more personal things, like family and vacation trips. I did not like the fact that he did not go into great detail explaining the procedure. I did not care much at this time as he was the third doctor I was "interviewing" before choosing to go with him. I had most of my questions answered by then, but if he was the first one I was seeing, I'm not so sure I would have enjoyed it as much. Overall, it was a good experience.
Have all your questions on paper so you won't forget a thing. He will not give so much detail and you might miss something you really needed to know or ask.
I saw nurses in 2 different locations. The team in their Pembroke Pines office seem nicer and the more they saw me, they recognized me. It was always good care, but they are busy and with that comes a slight loss of touch with the patient. The team at the Margate office where I met Dr. Hoffmann, treated me more like a number. I only met with Dr Hoffmann twice and have not seen him since then. He did not do the retrieval as he was not the doctor working that day. Overall, it felt very impersonal at times, and if I was a single woman doing this alone without emotional support at home, it would have been even more difficult. I did like their organization and explanation every step of the way. No matter who picked up the phone I was helped properly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Florida.
The protocol is set and they follow it and explain it very well. Very nice attitude overall.

2010 - 2012, Unknown Success
Dr. Christie is responsive and returns call when messages are left... reality kicked in as I realized I no longer had my fallopian tube...As Dr. Christie spoke to me and reassured me everything will be okay, he stayed on the phone until I stopped crying. Until this day, I still tear up from this profound moment, it was my reality, I was no longer a woman. Dr. Christie, reminded me of our discussion and that "we are in this together." Not only did he treat me like a human, he treated me like family.
The office [IVF Florida] is well organized...The staff is knowledgeable and attempts to be assistive to answer question and concerns pertaining to follow up labs, appointments, and general questions in nature. The office is clean and professional...I can not recall all their names, but Brittany and a number of staff were very professional and attentive to my request and needs...I had an initial consultation, surgical inventions and a quote for IVF services, totaling somewhere between 23-24k. I believe there was an additional cost to perform ICIS.
How was your experience with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
As I explained previously, I was faced with a number of complications including a presences of Hep C in my blood due to an occupational exposure. This was a tremendous set back and really made me feel hopeless. Dr. Christie reassured me I would get through this, as I dealt with all the somber news that made me feel like having a child was an empty thought, Dr. Christie and his team provided me the support I need to move through the challenges and focus on the goal of conceiving a child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
I would recommend walking into this practice with an open mind. Dr. Christie and his team are a talented individuals. I trust their judgement and expertise. I honestly would not go any where else. Considering the challenges I had, I would also say, challenges are what reminds us why the fight was worth it. Look at everything in a positive light. There are many women struggling to achieve the blessing of a little one, trust their team, take the advice, be honest, and ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
While under the care of Dr. Christie, he truly treated me like a person, he went beyond the "white coat" and provided me comfort and knowledge during a very difficult time. The expectation of our consultation was hard to ingest as he explained the number of complications impacting my potential to conceive, including the need to remove my fallopian tubes in order to conceive. His post- operative follow up was impeccable. As I slowly woke up, tears in my eyes, reality kicked in as I realized I no longer had my fallopian tube. My first words, "I need to talk to my doctor". As Dr. Christie spoke to me and reassured me everything will be okay, he stayed on the phone until I stopped crying. Until this day, I still tear up from this profound moment, it was my reality, I was no longer a woman. Dr. Christie, reminded me of our discussion and that "we are in this together." Not only did he treat me like a human, he treated me like family.
Describe the protocols Daniel Christie used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
Considering the number of setbacks I experience due to my health status and having to undergo surgery, I was highly discourage and unmotivated to conceive after almost a year of interferon therapy. I have not undergone any medication, or protocols to date due to these conditions. The plan was to return after treatment and management of my conditions and pursue IVF protocols as appropriate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Brittany ( Pembroke Office))
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The office is well organized. Dr. Christie is responsive and returns call when messages are left. The staff is knowledgeable and attempts to be assistive to answer question and concerns pertaining to follow up labs, appointments, and general questions in nature. The office is clean and professional.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Christie at IVF Florida.
I don't recall the cost as I had an initial consultation, surgical inventions and a quote for IVF services, totaling somewhere between 23-24k. I believe there was an additional cost to perform ICIS. This is my best recollection.
Describe Daniel Christie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
No comments, as these inventions were not experienced.
Daniel Christie

2017 - 2019, Successful
We immediately felt a connection with Dr Weitzman when we met her. She is very warm and an extremely good communicator. She takes her time and never makes you feel rushed. She understands how time sensitive the procedures are and squeezed us in so we could make sure and not miss a cycle. Can not speak highly enough about her - she is the best...She remembered details of our personal situation and always treated us kindly and respectfully...Do a lot of research on the PGS before getting to that option. Unfortunately that is the one area she was unable to provide much guidance since it is elective.
IVF Florida and Weitzman only do eSET. We did not have the option to transfer two. However, we got pregnant on the first embryo transfer so I’m glad we didn’t!...is a large practice so you can feel like a number at times given the traffic and amount of people in waiting room. The wait times are petty significant too. However, the expertise of the doctor and nursing staff, wkd hours make up for it...Jackie and the rest of the nursing staff was great...they kept the appointments moving and very rarely got so backed up did you waste your whole morning.
How was your experience with Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
Describe the protocols Vanessa Weitzman used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
I do not recall.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Jackie and the rest of the nursing staff was great.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
IVF Florida is a large practice so you can feel like a number at times given the traffic and amount of people in waiting room. The wait times are petty significant too. However, the expertise of the doctor and nursing staff, wkd hours make up for it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Florida.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida.
The IUIs were around $1500 each, egg transfer was approximately $10k with Meds, $5k for embryo transfer. Another $5k for pgs.
Describe Vanessa Weitzman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Margate

He [Dr. Ory] is an incredible doctor. He knows a lot and is willing to share that knowledge and answer any questions you may have. He always told us the truth and he always reassured us and assured us we had great odds!... Be prepared to only see him every once in a while but it’s worth it.... I had an antagonist protocol. I did menopur, ganirelix and some other hormone I cannot remember. Did a lupron trigger shot so I wouldn’t overstimulate. Ended up freezing all and then doing estrogen patches and PIO injections but beginning with a lupron round and bcp so I wouldn’t ovulate.
It’s awesome! They [IVF Florida] do everything in house. Never had any issues with them in terms of the care or procedures. Did have issues with billing. To this day I believe I had a credit because I always over paid and my insurance covered a lot more and they never credited that to my account... It was very convenient. I always had first appointment of the day and it always worked great!... Be prepared to only see him [Dr. Ory] every once in a while but it’s worth it.
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
He is an incredible doctor. He knows a lot and is willing to share that knowledge and answer any questions you may have. He always told us the truth and he always reassured us and assured us we had great odds!
Be prepared to only see him every once in a while but it’s worth it.
He is an incredible doctor! The best there is. Always very warm and caring and very much up to date on our case!
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Cassie)
They were all amazing especially Cassie and another one of the ladies. I usually always saw them and they were great.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
It’s awesome! They do everything in house. Never had any issues with them in terms of the care or procedures. Did have issues with billing. To this day I believe I had a credit because I always over paid and my insurance covered a lot more and they never credited that to my account
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
I had insurance coverage which was vey convenient.
My doctor was very clear in that one embryo would be best because of my age and the quality of the embryo.

2013 - 2014, Successful
He [Dr Manko] spent all the time we needed explaining everything, and literally held my hand through the whole process. He called personally to share good and bad news....Billing dept awful. Front desk at main location not the friendliest, but great at Jupiter location. Big clinic, but still personal...Full cycles were $18,000 - $20,000 including medications. Transfer of frozen embryos was $9,000 - $11,000.
After my twins were born we authorized destruction of sperm samples. Bills kept coming [from IVF Florida] for almost 2 years, and eventually went to collections. When I called, they saw the note from 6 months earlier to look into it, and admitted nobody had. They never called again, but no more bills came...Billing dept awful. Front desk at main location not the friendliest, but great at Jupoter location. Big clinic, but still personal
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
No complaints. He was great. Went above and beyond to make things work for us
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Share concerns so he can work with you to help. I was nervous about the injections and he was patient and willing to help me find ways to make it less scary
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
He spent all the time we needed explaining everything, and literally held my hand through the whole process. He called personally to share good and bad news.
Describe the protocols Gene Manko used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
At 36, I wanted 2-3 children, so we went through 2 full egg retrieval cycles to freeze embryos before the first transfer. Total of 3 transfers, with 2 embryos each time. One negative, one chemical pregnancy and then my twins!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Florida.
Most of my appointments for blood tests and ultrasounds were at the Jupiter office. Small office, and over the course of 5 cycles they treated me like family, sharing as much information as they had, mourning and celebrating with me.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
After my twins were born we authorized destruction of sperm samples. Bills kept coming for almost 2 years, and eventually went to collections. When I called, they saw the note from 6 months earlier to look into it, and admitted nobody had. They never called again, but no more bills came.
Gene Manko

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Weitzman seems like she just has a job. It's routine for her...I can't think of one strength for this clinic [IVF Florida]. Unfortunately, when you don't know where to go and you google search in Florida this is the clinic that pops up because it's so big and they have so many centers. Bigger is not always better and if you are looking for specific care and a relationship with your RE this probably wouldn't be the best clinic to choose.
I never saw my doctor [Dr Vanessa Weitzman] except for our consult everything else was done by nurses. On my second day of my IUI procedure, the nurse [at IVF Florida] said "I think I got it in" it's just a huge disappointment when you lose trust in your clinic and you are literally a number.
How was your experience with Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
Dr. Weitzman seems like she just has a job. It's routine for her.
If you want a huge clinic that you get lost in this would be the one to choose.
IVF Florida is like a factory, they scream your name out in front of a room full of men and women. It's cold, not organized and you get the feeling no one really cares.
It's very cookie cutter of a protocol they love to just cycle women at this clinic. There was no real plan for us here just to keep paying and cycling.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Florida.
You never knew who you were talking to, they would call me and it was for another patient. Very disorganized and confusing.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
I can't think of one strength for this clinic. Unfortunately, when you don't know where to go and you google search in Florida this is the clinic that pops up because it's so big and they have so many centers. Bigger is not always better and if you are looking for specific care and a relationship with your RE this probably wouldn't be the best clinic to choose.
All cash
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
I never saw my doctor except for our consult everything else was done by nurses. On my second day of my IUI procedure, the nurse said "I think I got it in" it's just a huge disappointment when you lose trust in your clinic and you are literally a number.
Margate

He [Dr. Steven Ory] was to the point and explained the expectations and percentages of everything. He also gave me a lot of confidence that he and his staff will help us on our journey, and made us feel very comfortable.... They were gentle and honest about everything and gave me a lot of information about the process and didn’t force me to do anything... Chlomid cycle with ovadril and gonal F, IUI
Sometimes you have to wait a long time to be seen or receive treatment but it’s worth the wait, once you’re in with the staff [at IVF Florida] you’re well taken care of. It’s also pretty private, the waiting room is very big but you should bring a sweater since it’s chilly in there.... They [the nurses] are all very sweet and personable, they make you feel very welcomed and not rushed at all. They answer all my questions very quickly and messages as well.
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
He was to the point and explained the expectations and percentages of everything. He also gave me a lot of confidence that he and his staff will help us on our journey, and made us feel very comfortable.
Let the doctor do what he needs to do
Chlomid cycle with ovadril and gonal F, IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Cassie French )
They are all very sweet and personable, they make you feel very welcomed and not rushed at all. They answer all my questions very quickly and messages as well.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Sometimes you have to wait a long time to be seen or receive treatment but it’s worth the wait, once you’re in with the staff you’re well taken care of. It’s also pretty private, the waiting room is very big but you should bring a sweater since it’s chilly in there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
I have spent over $5,000 so far and that includes two IUI and a few tests that weren’t covered by insurance
2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Weitzman] was OK, didn't get a baby so can't rate her that high. She didn't do any of the egg transfers, we didn't talk to her that much either. She was just OK, going thru the typical routine. Don't know how high of a recommendation she would get because we didn't take home a aby even though we know it's not entirely her fault.... Remember they don't guarantee anything.... Always busy, never on time, always an all day event.
Always busy, never on time, always an all day event. It's clean and they [IVF Florida] have the best equipment. It's pretty much the only place in our area and convienently near our house. I would recommend them because frankly there is no one around.... [Cost Of Treatment] 24 thousand. We paid cash... Remember they don't guarantee anything.... She [Dr. Weitzman] didn't do any of the egg transfers, we didn't talk to her that much either.
How was your experience with Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
She was OK, didn't get a baby so can't rate her that high. She didn't do any of the egg transfers, we didn't talk to her that much either. She was just OK, going thru the typical routine. Don't know how high of a recommendation she would get because we didn't take home a aby even though we know it's not entirely her fault.
Remember they don't guarantee anything.
She was ok
I don't remember
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Always busy, never on time, always an all day event. It's clean and they have the best equipment. It's pretty much the only place in our area and convienently near our house. I would recommend them because frankly there is no one around.
24 thousand. We paid cash
I dont have any comments.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Hoffman doesn’t give you the feed back that you are waiting for. I needed to beg for my ultrasounds in order to know what was happening with my eggs. In the middle of the process, Dr. Hoffman said that he needed to increase my hormone dose, but he didn’t...The treatment had a lot of mistakes: they didn’t know my DNA result, they made me start the blood work and ultrasound and then figure out that I couldn’t start, but they didn’t refund me for that; the Dr. said that he should increase my hormones, but he didn’t; and to finally this terrible experience he said that I should go to his office before, not with my age and he pushed me to buy eggs even knowing that I didn’t want that. All he could say was that I was old and that I needed to buy eggs from a donor
She [nurse at IVF Florida] cannot explain the treatment with patience. Dr. Hoffman doesn’t give you the feed back that you are waiting for. I needed to beg for my ultrasounds in order to know what was happening with my eggs. In the middle of the process, Dr. Hoffman said that he needed to increase my hormone dose, but he didn’t. His clinic sent me a wrong bill that I already had paid. They are a complete mess...Ivf around 14k and meds around 4k...they didn’t give a reason for not having a healthy embryo that could be frozen, Dr. Hoffman only said it should be anormal.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
If you have around 40 years old, don’t go there. They should say that they treat only women between 20-30, where you have higher probability to have your healthy eggs. The clinic is a mess for the bilking department, xerox all your checks, so you have proof of payment
His nurse Jackie is rude. She cannot explain the treatment with patience. Dr. Hoffman doesn’t give you the feed back that you are waiting for. I needed to beg for my ultrasounds in order to know what was happening with my eggs. In the middle of the process, Dr. Hoffman said that he needed to increase my hormone dose, but he didn’t. His clinic sent me a wrong bill that I already had paid. They are a complete mess.
Jackie was rude all the time. For me she has problem with her job. She doesn’t have any patience to explain the procedures. I had a bunch of question because it was my first time and I was confused and scared. She made me uncomfortable during the treatment, she almost said to give up of that, since I had low quantity of eggs to retrieve
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
I really don’t recommend the Margate clinic and the doctor. Maybe at another place with another doctor it could be better. But the staff that I went, they only think you as a number and they don’t care about the stress and the hurt that it can be to have a fail. They even called me during the day of the retrieve in the afternoon to check if it was ok. They only called me when the embryos was fertilized. And after that, they didn’t give a reason for not having a healthy embryo that could be frozen, Dr. Hoffman only said it should be anormal.
Ivf around 14k and meds around 4k
Margate

Dr. Hoffman explained everything in detail to me. He’s compassionate and made me feel as if I had nothing to worry about. He’s very knowledgeable. He treated me for scar tissues. I always feel safe when I talk to Dr. Hoffman. I really wish I could afford to have him as my doctor though Out this journey...He said my health was first in his book and he wanted me and the baby to be healthy. He informed me about the risk. Yes I would love twins and even asked me to please do multiple but he said no it’s too risky. And for that I know Dr. Hoffman had my best interest at heart.
I had an appointment [at IVF Florida] and had to wait over an hour. I was told by the front desk that my doctor had an emergency and wouldn’t be in for another hour. I was already late for work when I was finally informed. After I left I was called on my cell by my nurse and she was upset that the front desk gave me wrong information. In fact my doctor was there and was ready to see me. Dr. Hoffman called me a few mins later to apologize.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Trust him because he’s extremely knowledgeable. If you have Dr. Hoffman as your doctor you should feel very lucky.
Dr. Hoffman is such a awesome person. He’s very knowledgeable. I was given wrong information for my appointment by the front desk and Doctor Hoffman personally called me to apologize. He was very upset that I had to wait a long time and wasn’t able to see him. And he spoke to me and gave me a meeting over the phone. I always feel comfortable with him. He treated me for scars and prepared me for where I am today. If it wasn’t for the fact that I can not afford IVF Florida I would 100% still be going to Dr. Hoffman I highly recommend him and personally would want him as my doctor though-out this process. But I just can not afford it.
I haven’t gotten this far because after I was told how much it would cost for treatment I knew I couldn’t afford it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Florida.
Beverley is so nice and so helpful. I called her for everything and felt more comfortable talking to her than the front desk people. Dr.Hoffman have another nurse but I can’t remember her name. She’s such a good soul. I love his staff.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
I really like that the clinic have multiple locations and always clean. They have great staff members. The only thing that I didn’t like is sometimes the people at the front desk. They are not always warm and welcoming. It’s already stressful going to a place like that so a friendly warm face would absolutely help.
Well I had two surgeries to remove scar tissues and a pallet. And after many visits to the clinic it surely added up. But when I met with the finance team to start the ivf process. I was told it would cost some where about $40,000 and that I 100% could not afford. So I stop going and found another facility.
Dr. Hoffman told me that he would do multiple embryo transfer. He said my health was first in his book and he wanted me and the baby to be healthy. He informed me about the risk. Yes I would love twins and even asked me to please do multiple but he said no it’s too risky. And for that I know Dr. Hoffman had my best interest at heart.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
I had an appointment and had to wait over an hour. I was told by the front desk that my doctor had an emergency and wouldn’t be in for another hour. I was already late for work when I was finally informed. After I left I was called on my cell by my nurse and she was upset that the front desk gave me wrong information. In fact my doctor was there and was ready to see me. Dr. Hoffman called me a few mins later to apologize.
Margate

Dr Manko was up front and honest. That is what i like when it comes to my treatments. I was stalled because of an abnormal pap and have been waiting to continue forward with my transfer...I used birth control for a few months to get my cycle on track, i used gonal f and another medicine that started with an m to get my eggs ready for retrieval. I was switched at last minute to a different trigger shot because of the way my body was reacting
The nurses [at IVF Florida] were very friendly and you felt at home when you had an appointment. It is pretty easy to understand and if you dont you can ask and they will tell you what you want to know in a way you can undertstand...Always eager to get you in and out in a timely manner and always there to make sure you understand what they are asking you to do
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
The nurses were very friendly and you felt at home when you had an appointment. It is pretty easy to understand and if you dont you can ask and they will tell you what you want to know in a way you can undertstand
Do not be scared to ask any and every question. You may feel intimidated and scared but do not hesitate to ask whatever you would like because he is open and will answer any question
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
They are very friendly but need to be more on top of their game when it comes to the waiting area. Otherwise they are awesome and comforting. Always eager to get you in and out in a timely manner and always there to make sure you understand what they are asking you to do
Gene Manko

2020 - 2022, Successful
I like he [Dr. David Hoffman] is personable and on one and one very nice and straight forward. The only thing I didn’t like is that sometimes he said one thing and the nurses said they can’t do it as far as scheduling goes...Take everything he says with a grain of salt as pertains to your schedule...We are in the process of a low hormone stimulus to see how many eggs I can get
[IVF Florida - Margate is] High tech and easily accessible to get to. Nice new facility as well. I like that there are multiple waiting rooms for different things and they are very knowledgeable on what to do and where to go. Still in the beginning so don’t know much but so far so good...$22k with before tests for diagnosing and monitoring and my meds were only $1900
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
I like he is personable and on one and one very nice and straight forward. The only thing I didn’t like is that sometimes he said one thing and the nurses said they can’t do it as far as scheduling goes.
Take everything he says with a grain of salt as pertains to your schedule
I feel like the nurses cared about me
We are in the process of a low hormone stimulus to see how many eggs I can get
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Talia friedman)
They make you feel comfortable
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
I’m just getting older and I’d rather have the risk of a double pregnancy than do one and a time
Margate

Dr Christie explained that because of the blocked Fallopian tube, IVF may be a better route. Because of cost, we wanted to try an IUI procedure first before investing so much into IVF...treated us respectfully and explained the plan of care in detail. When it came to the actual physical exam, he walked me through every step of the way which I found to be a huge stress reliever...extremely knowledgeable and has a gentle overall demeanor.
By the time I was called with instructions, it was late afternoon and the nurse [at IVF Florida] mentioned that I was very close to ovulating. When I asked if I should inject the medicine she stated “well, it’s really up to you if you want to go through with it at this point.” I was very disheartened that I received a follow up call so late in the day and that I couldn’t get a clear answer as to whether I should proceed.
How was your experience with Daniel Christie at IVF Florida?
From the moment we met Dr Christie, he sat down with my husband and I for over an hour to discuss my case, treatment options and his own background. He treated us respectfully and explained the plan of care in detail. When it came to the actual physical exam, he walked me through every step of the way which I found to be a huge stress reliever. He’s extremely knowledgeable and has a gentle overall demeanor.
De Christie practices (mostly) out of the Pembroke Pines location. This fertility group is very large and has multiple locations. The main reason we decided to stop seeing him was because of the distance. If you live in that same area, I would definitely stick with him. Because fertility treatments often require you to go into the office at any given time, we found this to be difficult and unfortunately the office closest to our home (Coral Gables) did not provide some of the services that we needed.
Dr Christie himself handled my situation with respect, time and care. The office staff was not as open and kind but they were efficient.
I had never previously had any fertility diagnostics before going in to see Dr Christie, so at first, he ordered a bunch of lab work for both my husband and I. Once that came in we scheduled an HSG to look at my Fallopian tubes and uterine anatomy. When this needed to be done, my husband and I ended up having to drive an hour and a half to their pompano office because this was the only facility that could perform this on a weekend day. After the visit , i was scheduled for another follow up HSG with a cannulation because my left Fallopian tube was found to be blocked. The second HSG was unsuccessful at unblocking the tube. Dr Christie was not the physician who performed either of the two HSGs. A few days later, we met with Dr Christie to discuss future steps. Dr Christie explained that because of the blocked Fallopian tube, IVF may be a better route. Because of cost, we wanted to try an IUI procedure first before investing so much into IVF. To prepare for insemination, I took Clomid on specific days of my cycle in order to stimulate my ovaries. I then went in to the office for an ultrasound to check my follicle count. Once that was done, I was instructed to take an injection (can’t recall the name) in order to stimulate ovulation. 24 hrs later, we found ourselves having to drive up to Pompano for a third time in order to have the insemination done. The total time at the office was approximately three hours (it was a weekend and a bunch of other couples there). They called my husband in to obtain his semen sample. They then took it to do a “wash” in which they filter out some of the bad sperm. The nurse eventually called me into the examination room and she was the one who completed the IUI. They had me lay back on the exam table and she then inserted a speculum (much like how they do when you get a pap) and then she inserted a long catheter into my uterus. Once that was secured, she then pushed through my husbands semen (verified of course) through the canula. It was simple and painless. She then had me rest in the supone position for about 15 minutes before standing up and heading home. A few days after the procedure was done, I had to go to the office for another ultrasound and bloodwork to verify that I did indeed ovulate. They instructed me not to take any home pregnancy tests until the supposed first date of my period. Unfortunately, the procedure was not a success and my period arrived as scheduled. Dr Christie did educate us that IUI success rates are very low.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Florida.
The nursing staff did well with what they were working with. I’m aware that this is a busy fertility group and the need maybe very demanding. Overall, I was always treated kindly and with respect. I felt like there could have been better communication and follow up in regards to when to administer the one injection to make me ovulate prior to the IUI procedure. By the time I was called with instructions, it was late afternoon and the nurse mentioned that I was very close to ovulating. When I asked if I should inject the medicine she stated “well, it’s really up to you if you want to go through with it at this point.” I was very disheartened that I received a follow up call so late in the day and that I couldn’t get a clear answer as to whether I should proceed. At that point, I decided to go forward with the injection and the procedure because I had already taken Clomid.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Strengths: professional and courteous staff, clean office, knowledgeable and kind physician Weaknesses: multiple locations that not all perform the same services as others. Lack of clear communication/coordination post ultrasound in order to coordinate IUI and injection better.
My insurance provider does not cover fertility services But I was happy to find that it did cover most of the “basic” bloodwork, ultrasounds, consultation visits and one of the two HSG procedures. The Clomid and injection were not covered but I was referred to a corpus pharmacy for that- the total for medication was approximately $150. The second HSG with cannulation was approximately $1400. The IUI was approximately $1200.
This was not done
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
- requested on multiple attempts to retrieve medical records via CD for imaging purposes from medical records department with no success. Only “paper” documents were sent after multiple attempts. - lack of clear and concise communication from one of the nurses/staff in regards to ultrasound results with follicle size and timing of injection prior to IUI procedure
Daniel Christie