Genetic counseling: Offered
1-855-812-8845
3950 S. Rochester Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
855-812-8845
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint to a friend?

1 doctor
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
The wait of the clinic [IVF MI] is very minimal. They do explain everything that they do or going to do it. They also let you what they re looking for or at and answer all of your questions to the beat of their knowledge. I feel safe with them and before I leave all of my questions answered. Dr Abuzeid is very upfront with you so you don’t get your hopes up. Overall I am pleased with his staff and him. Everytime I call or come in they know me by name and always make me feel like I am at home! I
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
The wait of the clinic is very minimal. They do explain everything that they do or going to do it. They also let you what they re looking for or at and answer all of your questions to the beat of their knowledge. I feel safe with them and before I leave all of my questions answered. Dr Abuzeid is very upfront with you so you don’t get your hopes up. Overall I am pleased with his staff and him. Everytime I call or come in they know me by name and always make me feel like I am at home! I leave their office happy and excited to come back! Definitely go see Dr M Abuzeid. You won’t regret it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
I felt like a human because for ones in my life Dr Abuzeid’s office answered my questions that my other fertility Dr was never able to. Dr Abuzeid ran more tests, asked more questions and I felt like he was treating me with more respect and actually cared about my expectations and feelings. I felt like he wanna to help me achieve my dream. I feel at home in his office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
They are wonderful. Always call me and leave me voicemails or call me right back if I missed a call. Always reassure me to make it easier on me and my spouse. I always worry about everything and Cheryl is just wonderful and communication step by step and helps with everything. Wonderful staff. I couldn’t be happier with this office.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
Dr Abuzeid is very compassionate about his work. He makes treatments more affordable for those who cannot afford it. He explains every procedure and every treatments possible. He lets you make monthly payments and gives you options that are more suitable for you and your spouse. I feel very safe in his hands and very trustworthy of him. He sits down with you and goes over every single test and what every never means. He explains the next step and what to expect of it. He changes protocol if needed to best match your needs. Overall I am very satisfied with his office and his work. He is an amazing doctor and I could not be more satisfied at this time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
Ask all the questions you want and he will do his best to answer them all. He is very compassionate and loving doctor who wants to see your dream come true. He is not out to get your money, instead he is there to make it more affordable for you and your partner! I am so pleased with this doctor.
Describe the protocols Mostafa Abuzeid used in your cycles at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint and their degree of success.
We are currently talking about frozen embryo transfer and what the protocol should be for somebody like me and my diagnosis. We are running more tests to prepare for our frozen cycle. Such as running more tests to make sure we don’t miscarry again or make sure this round we achieve a pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
IUI cost $600, FET $4500, IVF $10,000 and if you work in medical field you also get discount of 15% off. And you can mKe payments as well. Monthly payments.
Describe Mostafa Abuzeid's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
My approach is if your egg quality not as good multiple egg transfer is likely best for you. If your egg quality is pretty good then possibly one is better for you because the chance of multiples.
Flint

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.

We completed 2 IUI's all with the same medication protocol [at IVF MI]...The number of injections was based on my follicle growth from the monitored ultrasounds... My husband has retrograde ejaculation where the sperm is going backward and into the bladder. So he is on Allegra, and a sodium bicarbonate protocol. His urologist just added a new medication (antidepressant) that is supposed to help with retrograde ejaculation. Dr. Abuzeid agrees with the add to his protocol. Hardly any sperm comes out of my husband so we will definitely need assistance to get pregnant because this problem causes low sperm count. For all of our IUI's they have to pull sperm from my husband urine and wash it for the IUI.
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
Just that they need better quality control in place with writing names, DOB, Dates, on prescriptions, semen analysis, blood work request etc... Other than that they are very personable and good at what they do. I appreciate the long hours they work to make sure patient care is a priority.
Dr. Abuzeid is amazing. He explains things in detail and is open to answering all of me and my husbands questions. He genuinely cares about his patients and it shows.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint. (Assigned nurse: Lisa or Jeanette)
Lisa and Jeanette are both wonderful nurses. They are always polite and keep me up do date with what is going on. They know me my by my first name and they pronounce it correctly witch is a big plus. I appreciate their effort when caring for me and my husband. They make the experience more personal. The only negative I have is the Name, DOB, Date are incorrect on perscriptions, blood work request, and semen analysis. Better quality control needs to be in place for this.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
I really appreciate they way Dr. Abuzeid explains all of our options, risk, and provides statistics on our specific case. Even with every IUI he may not do the actual procedure but he reviews my blood work, ultrasounds and advises the nurses on what to do next on every step of the way. He listens and also give you a chance to talk and ask questions or concerns. It feels like he genuinely care and wants to help us get pregnant. He lays or options out and lets us decide how we would like to proceed.
There may be a long wait especially on your first visit so bring a book and your patience. It will be totally worth it. He has a had in all his patients, managing his staff, surgery etc.. At two locations.
We completed 2 IUI's all with the same medication protocol. Femara the first 5 days of cycle followed by two or three gonal f injections. The number of injections was based on my follicle growth from the monitored ultrasounds. IUI #1 I did two 150 gonal f injections and I got pregnant but miscarried at 6 weeks. IUI #2 I took three gonal f injections and this cycle I did not end up pregnant. I am currently going through IUI #3 and I had three gonal f injections. Waiting to find out if I am pregnant. If not we are headed to IVF. My husband has retrograde ejaculation where the sperm is going backward and into the bladder. So he is on Allegra, and a sodium bicarbonate protocol. His urologist just added a new medication (antidepressant) that is supposed to help with retrograde ejaculation. Dr. Abuzeid agrees with the add to his protocol. Hardly any sperm comes out of my husband so we will definitely need assistance to get pregnant because this problem causes low sperm count. For all of our IUI's they have to pull sperm from my husband urine and wash it for the IUI.
The first IUI and ultrasounds were covered at 100%. The second IUI was covered at 50% for some reason and the same procedure codes were used. I will have to look into this. Total cost out of pocket is almost $400. The third IUI has not been billed yet. Medication for each cycle cost $1600 per cycle. My insurance does not cover IVF at all what so ever.
We have not has to do an embryo transfer yet. If IUI # 3 is not successful we will be headed down this road.
Rochester Hills

They [IVF MI] lost paperwork. Also they didn’t call me with our results the day if like they said they would. Most times we had to wait till 6:30pm the next day... Monitoring equipment seemed old and outdated...Our first round we got a discount of 55% and charged $4500 for a full cycle. Our second IVF cycle they said they’d give us a multi-cycle discount. They did of only 20% and they raised their prices so our cost was $8500 for a full cycle. Then they charge extra for monitoring and HCG testing and anesthesia costs of $300
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
Clinic was dirty and outdated in Flint office. Both offices, Rochester and Flint, were unorganized and unaware of me as a patient. Everything came at a cost once you signed the papers. Before that they mentioned donated meds and helping any way they could. Scheduling was difficult. Paperwork would dissapear and when you’d mention results they’d have to search back through my chart.
Many times going in seeing him he’d Tell you everything you wanted to hear and even console you but when it came to facts or knowing your case he’d have to refer back to paperwork and not even realize what was going on. Especially during the hormone injection phase and transfer.
The nurses in the flint office were friendly and compassionate but the ones in Rochester office were rude and snooty. They all send unaware and unorganized. Flint office was dirty and outdated
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
I have to go through IVF to have children because both of my tubes were completely removed due to an erotic. I’ve been pregnant 7 times with 4 healthy pregnancies before the Ethiopic. Dr. Abuzeid was a very reputable man recommended to me so I went and seen him. Our first appointment went great! He started by having us getting blood work done and doing a semen analysis. When the results came back he said my husband morphology wasn’t amazing but it was plenty good enough to move forward. We proceeded and started our hormone injections. During monitoring we never seen the doctor only seen nurses. Also never received a phone call about dosage increase or our lining from Dr. Abuzeid only heard from nurses. I didn’t react as good as I thought I would so he increased my dose and we ended up with 7 eggs. After retrieval he put me on meds to prepare my body for transfer. I get checked two or three times up till transfer. They didn’t seem sure of my lining thickness but increased my endometrium and progesterone. They called us to come in and transfer on day 3. On transfer day he explained that my eggs were oval shaped and that it didn’t mean anything cause once they hatched into an embryo the shell would be gone. He also rechecked my lining and said “I think it’s good to transfer”. He left how many we wanted to transfer up to us so we went with two. Neither stuck and I truly felt like it had to do with my lining and timing. So he called us to let us know it was negative and we could transfer again and he wouldn’t charge us full amount cause he felt terrible that we didn’t get our positive. We set up an appointment but couldn’t afford the price. We went in thinking he was going to cut us a deal. So we waited a year and went back. Our first visit with Dr. Abuzeid he apologized again for it not working last round and he re-ran labs cause I told him after the last round I was going up to 63 days without having a mentral cycle and that I always had regular mental cycles before our last IVF cycle. He ran them and we paid. Our cost was over double what our first round cost and he recommended a mini IVF cycle at first. We listened as we trusted that he was the expert. After talking to the nurse about our dosage of meds I reminded her that I didn’t respond well last round of IVF and my meds got increased and so she looked at my chart and said you’re right I see what you’re saying and she talked to Dr. Abuzeid and he says that we’d do a full cycle. He was very adamant about doing another full cycle or mini even though we already had three frozen. We questioned him why and he said he felt better about getting a few more eggs. At this point he said maybe we’ll do a mini IVF cycle plus defrost your three frozen and quoted us the cost. It was more than the full cycle so we went with the full. We figured we’d end up with more embryos and at least be able to transfer and hopefully freeze more. We ordered our meds and during monitoring I got a very uneasy feeling like they weren’t paying close enough attention. We did seem to ha e more eggs this time and they never gave an exact amount or the sizes. On my last monitoring appointment she wanted Abuzeid to come in but he had to rush to the hospital for another patient. She said I’d be retrieving that weekend but didn’t know if I’d be doing a fresh transfer because my lining was measuring way to thick. I asked how thick and she said 22mm. So I pretty much prepared myself to freeze all. They ended up retrieving a couple days later and they called us one time with how our embryos were doing. On day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos left out of 12 and he recommended transferring 3. We were shocked but ended up following his expert advise as we trusted him to make the best decision for us. On transfer day I brought up my lining and he looked at it and said it’s good it’s good. It seemed as though he couldn’t get a good enough measure but again we trusted him. So we transferred our best looking three. Over the next couple weeks we went in twice for blood work and had to increase meds. On beta day we got another negative. He once again called to apologize. The remains of our embryos arrested. We felt like Dr. Abuzeid having so many different offices and patients that we were more of a number now. Thousand if dollars later and transferring 5 embryos we had three left still frozen. I felt he could recommended an ERA test the 2nd time or retested my husbands semen. I feel like with how thick my uterus lining was that it wasn’t optimal for and embryo. He could’ve done more to ensure everything was primed and perfect but he didn’t. I don’t feel like he did it purposely but I do feel like with the price and going through the whole IVF process he could be a lot more personable with his patients. He never even offered PGS testing with my eggs being oval shaped. We truly put all of our trust in him and feel let down. After our last cycle, price increases, and feeling like a number we have now made another appointment elsewhere.
Do your research and advocate for yourself! Request him to do all monitoring and testing so he’s 100% aware of you and your case. Their equipment for monitoring could definitely be updated to.
Our protocol was basic, he pushed to do ICSI which resulted in embryos but part of me feels like the more natural approach would’ve resulted in more embryos in the end
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
They were on certain days and certain hours. Monitoring equipment seemed old and outdated
He never pushed us to transfer one or multiple the first round, but was very keen on transferring three the 2nd time around.
Rochester Hills

They [IVF MI] personalized our cycle. They were very friendly and open to ask any questions. The nurses made conversation with me and didn’t make me feel like a number. They made sure I was comfortable.... I can’t thjnk of any weaknesses. I absolutely loved them. They were knowledgeable, and let a positive attitude.... They were very open to answering questions. They answered any emails I had in a timely manner. They were knowledgeable and compassionate.
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
I can’t thjnk of any weaknesses. I absolutely loved them. They were knowledgeable, and let a positive attitude. They were thorough in making sure that I had all of the nessesary tests before hand to make sure nothing else was wrong before jumping right into IVF. They answered any questions we had.
They personalized our cycle. They were very friendly and open to ask any questions. The nurses made conversation with me and didn’t make me feel like a number. They made sure I was comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint. (Assigned nurse: Meanie )
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
He was very friendly. He made sure I understood what was going on and what the next steps would be. He didn’t hurry me and made me feel free to ask as many questions as I had. He never made me feel rushed. He was also very optimistic and connected with my husband and I. He didn’t make us feel hopeless.
He is a great doctor. He is personal me and he is very very knowledgeable. You’re in good hands!
I used 150iu of Menopur, I think 75 or 125 of Follistin for the first few days. Then they added Cetrotide to suppress ovulation. I used Novarel as my tigger before my retrieval. I was on estradiol and endometrium vaginally, and prometrium orally. The day they did the transfer I did one more shot of Novarel.i continued the estridol until around 6 or 7 weeks when I had my first ultrasound and the endometrin until I was 12 weeks pregnant.
My insurance covered services but I want to say it was around $11k- $12k outbof pocket, not including meds if I would have had to pay.
Dr. Abuzeid usually reccomends transferring two embryos but our insurance covered our IVF costs but o love you allowed us to transfer one embryo at a time.
Mostafa Abuzeid

The front desk secretaries [IVF MI] can be a little gruff but they mean well. Once you get to know them they are much better. The ladies taking your blood are awesome and so are the nurses who help with retrieval and transfers.... Monitoring was open from 730am-930am and first come first served. Sometimes there was no one waiting and other times a couple people would be ahead of you. Bloodwork was done pretty quickly ultrasounds sometimes took longer but Dr. Abuzeid usually went over everything.
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
The front desk secretaries can be a little gruff but they mean well. Once you get to know them they are much better. The ladies taking your blood are awesome and so are the nurses who help with retrieval and transfers.
It took me over a year to conceive through Dr. Abuzeid and they never told me they couldn't help me. Each month was a new month and we all hoped it was going to be the month!
The nurses were all great! They knew me by name and genuinely cared. They all were ecstatic when we received the news that i waa finally pregnant!
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
Dr. Abuzeid loves what he does and tries very hard to get you pregnant. He is hopeful for you but also is straight forward and tells you that it might not work. With having high FSH it's something most doctors don't even want to deal with and usually recommend donor eggs but Dr. Abuzeid was very much willing to work with and my eggs and I'm super grateful to him. In the next 6 months or so I will trying to conceive Baby No. 2 and I will be seeing Dr. Abuzeid again!
Be prepared for a little bit of a language barrier. But with patience and asking questions you should be able to grasp everything you need to know.
Because of my high FSH we went with low dose injectable so not to ruin the quality of my eggs.
$10,000 covered all monitoring appointments, retrieval, transfer and after transfer appointments plus all costs associated with monitoring the embryos.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The nursing staff [at IVF MI Flint] was amazingly emphatic and kind. They are very good at what they do and will take extra time to explain things.... It would be great to see the office updated. But they are experts, so it's okay if office is outdated....[Monitoring Appointments] It was every other morning from 6-9am. You had to wait in lobby. It was first come first serve. They tried to get people in and out though...The Doctor [Abuzeid] and nurses are always kind and caring. The clinic is very busy and the wait can be long....7,000 IVF cycle. 15,000 for IVF cycle with embryo testing. 800 to freeze. 40/mo for sperm storage. 1,200 for IUI. 1,200 to sperm aspiration.
Native American, Other
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
It's kind of a pain to travel to Flint. I wish they were in Lapeer. I wish the wait was a little less. It would be great to see the office updated. But they are experts, so it's okay if office is outdated.
The Doctor and nurses are always kind and caring. The clinic is very busy and the wait can be long.
The nursing staff was amazingly emphatic and kind. They are very good at what they do and will take extra time to explain things.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
He is very kind and very thorough. He always explains everything. He is compassionate and gentle. His office is very busy. There is sometimes a long weight. He is definitely looking out for your best interest always. He is very optimistic but honest. I feel like he did his very best for our cycle even though it ended in miscarriage. We are definitely staying with him for our 'hopeful' second cycle (if we can get the funds). I feel like he is one of the pioneers of the field and really understands and is talented in the field of ivf.
Be prepared to wait in the waiting room. But you can trust they will do their very best to achieve your pregnancy.
Because my husband had a Vasectomy with his first wife, we had to extract his semen and freeze it prior to Tx. (We didn't know if there would be any at all due to length of time) I went on BC to prepare for Ivf. I was on menopur and follistem with lupron in the morning. I didn't have to do the Progesterone in Oil, but had 3 other forms of progesterone. My Trigger was an Intramuscular drug. I Believe I was stemmed for 8 days? We had to transfer on day 3 because the eggs were not doing that great. The best 2 were picked. That he believed would do well enough to continue. None of the remaining eggs made it to day 5 to freeze. I received a pregnant blood test, 2 weeks later. My numbers were incredibly high. But was heart broken to find no heart beat at 5 weeks. The sacs were super low. I was sent to a specialist for additional U/S. I asked to wait til 9 weeks to check again. No heart beat at 9weeks. My body would not M/C on its own because of the IVF drugs. So we had to do a D & C, and I had the worst pain of my life that night after the surgery. I thought I would die from the pain. Dr.Abuzeid was very kind and emphatic. Not sure if endometriosis made everything worse. Even with everything that happened, I would go out on the limb to try again, for a chance at motherhood.
I was happy with transferring 2.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
The clinic [IVF MI] is busy, since there is only one provider. I am okay with the wait because I choose to see Dr. Abuzeid...The front desk staff can seem short at times, the lab staff is sometimes running late in the morning delaying monitoring. The surgical staff is awesome and they are so uplifting...Nurses at times make you feel like a number, specifically during monitoring appointments for follicle checks...My first cycle we used Gonal F and menopur, then added Cetrotide eventually. My second cycle we did estrogen priming with the same meds. My last day of stimulation medications my dosages of Gonal F and Menopur were increased.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
The clinic is busy, since there is only one provider. I am okay with the wait because I choose to see Dr. Abuzeid. I don’t want to see someone else if I did the research to choose him as my doctor. The front desk staff can seem short at times, the lab staff is sometimes running late in the morning delaying monitoring. The surgical staff is awesome and they are so uplifting.
Bedside manner of provider is very good. Nurses at times make you feel like a number, specifically during monitoring appointments for follicle checks.
The nursing staff is knowledgeable but they seem very rushed during monitoring appointments. They also only call if changes are needed and I like to know my results regardless.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
Dr. Abuzeid is amazing and I do not have any complaints about him. He is very good about including you in your own healthcare decisions and formulating a treatment plan with the patient vs. for the patient. As a nurse, I appreciate that I was able to have input in our treatment.
Write down all your questions to ensure you get them all answered and so you don’t feel rushed. He is a busy man!
Long wait unless you arrive prior to 7am. I always tried to be the first person there.
An average cycle is about 15,000 I believe.
In my case for both of my transfers he has recommend transferring 2 embryos. He completely left the decision up to my husband and I but let us know his recommendation.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
The staff at the front desk (the ladies you speak to when you call) [at IVF Michigan- Flint] are this clinics only weakness. They don't seem to communicate well with the rest of the office. It is very important that you be your own advocate and keep on top of all aspects of your cycle.... There was always a line when I arrived first thing in the morning. I had a 2 hour drive each way and worked full time so I had to be there first thing. As long as I got there 20 minutes early, my wait was bearable.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
The staff at the front desk (the ladies you speak to when you call) are this clinics only weakness. They don't seem to communicate well with the rest of the office. It is very important that you be your own advocate and keep on top of all aspects of your cycle. Dr. Abuzeid is a miracle worker and worth seeing.
Dr. Abuzeid was always kind and caring. He's extremely knowledgeable and I always felt he was the best choice for me.
The nurses were caring and knowledgeable. Their weakness was in their communication between one another.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
Dr. Abuzeid was wonderful. He clearly knew what he was doing and treated each patient individually and uniquely. He was so compassionate and kind. I trusted him 100% and if I ever decide to do IVF again, he will be my doctor.
Trust your doctor!
My protocol included Gonal-F, cetrotide, a trigger shot, and an HCG booster shot after transfer. I have PCOS so he monitored me very closely to avoid OHSS.
The cost of my IVF cycle was $10,000. That included monitoring, retrieval, and transfer. His office offered a discount if you met income requirements. He also offers payment plans.
Dr. Abuzeid explained the benefits of one embryo vs. two as well as all risks involved. The decision was completely mine.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The nursing staff at IVF Michigan Rochester are very caring and compassionate. They listen and are wonderful and kind...No weaknesses. Very easy to get an appointment and caring staff that is passionate about field. They want you to have a baby and they do everything they can to make that happen. I’ve been so impressed with the practice. They are so caring and considerate. I can’t sing their praises loudly enough
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
Dr Abuzeid is amazing. He took time to explain the situation and made sure that both me and my husband knew the path forward and any possible risks. He is warm and caring and you can tell that he is passionate about his work.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
Dr Abuzeid is wonderful. He is genuinely caring and wants success for his patients. He is a skilled surgeon and had it not been for him, I wouldn’t have my daughter. I cannot is compliment his skill and expertise enough and would refer anyone to him without question.
Go in with an open mind and listen. Don’t lose hope.
I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, septum resection, tube opening and lysis of scar tissue. Then I had six weeks of estrogen, two weeks of progesterone prior to being able to try after my surgery. We had one unmedicated cycle with a negative test and then a positive test the next cycle.
My insurance covered most of my treatments with minimal exceptions

Anovulation, Male Factor
Incredibly friendly staff [at IVF MI]. Very responsive to calls and emails...Staff at both facilities were friendly and professional. Dr. Abuzeid is only at the Flint office twice a month but his physician assistant Stephanie is more that capable. The nurses in Flint are fantastic. I loved that every step of the process was clearly explained and also emailed to me...Both the Flint and Rochester clinics were clean and well organized.
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
Both the Flint and Rochester clinics were clean and well organized. Do be prepared to travel to Rochester for any procedure you may need. Both facilities were easy to find using GPS as we are not from the area. Staff at both facilities were friendly and professional. Dr. Abuzeid is only at the Flint office twice a month but his physician assistant Stephanie is more that capable. The nurses in Flint are fantastic. I loved that every step of the process was clearly explained and also emailed to me.
Incredibly friendly staff. Very responsive to calls and emails.
Very friendly and helpful. Always returned phone calls and emails quickly.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
Dr. Abuzeid is very kind and compassionate while also being realistic. Be prepared to answer a million questions with your first consultation. I never felt rushed or pressured to make a decision and all of the options were clearly explained to me.
It may take a while to get an appointment with Dr. Abuzeid but it's worth the wait. He is a truly talented doctor. If anyone can help you get pregnant it's him!
Insurance has covered medications and procedures so far. Just normal co pays for medication.

2 IUI, 8 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I was quoted for an IVF procedure which was approximately $15,000 [at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint]...While I did get to see Dr. Abuzeid at every visit, admittedly the wait was pretty long at each appointment. The staff and the Dr. did repeatedly apologize for the delay so that helped. As with most clinics, it seems they just have too many patients...Dr. Abuzeid was my third IVF doctor. The minute I met him, I wished I had started all my treatments with him. What a warm and caring person!
European, Middle Eastern
2 IUI, 8 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
I am not too familiar with them yet as I have just started but so far they seem knowledgeable and caring.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
After my last doctor suggested I use a surrogate, I sought a second opinion with Dr. Abuzeid. He diagnosed many problems that none of my prior doctors had discovered. He suggested a course of treatment to address these problems and again, I found myself wondering if I would have found success if I had just started with Dr. Abuzeid. He took the time to explain EVERYTHING to me in more detail than ever before.
Trust him. He is amazing.
We have not started a cycle yet. After my surgery to address fibroids and tubal blockage, we will assess my next step.
My surgery is covered by insurance. I was quoted for an IVF procedure which was approximately $15,000
Rochester Hills

The office is very welcoming and the waiting area is comfortable. The consultation rooms are comfortable and make you feel at home. Sometimes the wait times are long but they always keep you updated so you don’t feel like you’ve been forgotten.... My office visits were $40 each time. Ultrasound monitoring and bloodwork were $150 each month during Clomid treatment. IVF has been estimated at $11,000 per cycle.
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
I feel like he takes a lot of time with each patient and really wants to make sure you’re understanding what he’s saying.
The nurses and receptionists are extremely friendly and always make it a point to chat and ask how you’re doing. They always return my calls and answer all of my questions.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
I feel like the doctor is listening to me but he always leaves things open ended. He will present options and leave us to choose when I feel like it’s his job to tell us what to do. He will explain what’s going on but not directly say “Here’s what we’re going to do.”
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and be direct.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
The decor in the Flint office is dated, but as patient that isn't something that really affected me. The need to have a water dispenser in the waiting area. Since they are so busy, at times you may have to wait a while. But the lab seemed very efficient, the facility and procedure area is up to date and well equipped and the whole team operates well....About $8000 for IVF cycle, not including medication.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
He took time to answer all my questions and did not dismiss any of my concerns. If I had any concerns at any point during treatment, he always addressed them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint. (Assigned nurse: Sheryl)
They are very efficient, but also very busy. Sometimes it takes them a while to call you back. But they are helpful and take good care of their patients.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
Our experience with him has been excellent. I always had a lot of questions, and Dr. Abuzeid took time to explain everything and showed compassion at every step. He is extremely knowledgeable and experienced.
If you have questions or doubts, express yourself.
Antagonist protocol, HCG trigger.
About $8000 for IVF cycle, not including medication.
Flint

Everyone in the office [at IVF MI] is compassionate and helpful. I always feel welcomed and cared for... They have a lab in their office so I am able to get my blood drawn on site, which is nice...Their care is so great that I drive an hour to see them...I have been through 2 rounds of injections (ovidrel) [with Dr. Abuzeid]. I have also competed 2 rounds of oral medication (femera). My remaining ovary is prone to large cysts so I am limited in fertility medications I can take...He is a very kind man and had great bedside manner. I can tell that he cares about me...He takes time to explain everything in terms I can understand. He doesn’t rush. He is compassionate. I fully trust his abilities and care. He listens to me and doesn’t try to talk over me.
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
The whole office staff is welcoming and warm. They have a lab in their office so I am able to get my blood drawn on site, which is nice. The only downside is that it’s an hour from my house. Their care is so great that I drive an hour to see them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Everyone in the office is compassionate and helpful. I always feel welcomed and cared for.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
Dr. Abuzeid is a very kind man. He takes time to explain everything in terms I can understand. He doesn’t rush. He is compassionate. I fully trust his abilities and care. He listens to me and doesn’t try to talk over me.
Dr. Abuzeid is wonderful!
I have been through 2 rounds of injections (ovidrel). I have also competed 2 rounds of oral medication (femera). My remaining ovary is prone to large cysts so I am limited in fertility medications I can take.
Most of my costs were covered by health insurance. The costs that weren’t covered I paid out of pocket.
Dr. Abuzeid talked about harvesting one “perfect” egg and combining it with my partner’s sperm, creating a single embryo.
Rochester Hills

The doctor [IVF MI ] is excellent and the nurses are nice, but be prepared to bug the nurses with phone calls cause sometimes they are slow when it comes to updating you. Make sure you make your appointment as soon as possible because he is in high demand. Also, show up on time, cause if you're late you will be waiting a long time for them to see you.... My wife ovulated early but they told us to wait an extra day before we came in and we missed our window.
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
The doctor is excellent and the nurses are nice, but be prepared to bug the nurses with phone calls cause sometimes they are slow when it comes to updating you. Make sure you make your appointment as soon as possible because he is in high demand. Also, show up on time, cause if you're late you will be waiting a long time for them to see you.
I was treated with respect.
They are kind as well, but sometimes they are a little slow when it comes to returning messages. They also sometimes don't stay on top of information and will update us at the last minute.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
He takes his time and explains all options without giving his own personal preference so we can make our own decision. He is very respectful, he is very clear about his plans and course of treatment. He welcomes feedback and suggestions and is available to answer any question if needed.
Be patient and book as early as possible because he is in high demand.
I think $800 per IUI
2013 - 2017
[Monitoring Appointments at IVF MI] It was fine. I mean it's early in the morning which makes it convenient but then again I wasn't really awake....[Nurse] Cheeky was very compassionate and has been there a long time. She always assured me and made the process a lot easier. She did the ultrasound when we found out was pregnant and we basically cried together so amazing....He [Dr. Abuzeid] and his staff made my husband and I feel comfortable. It wasn't about money it was about reaching our goal.
2013 - 2017
He and his staff made my husband and I feel comfortable. It wasn't about money it was about reaching our goal. He is a very kind and caring man and doctor and I appreciate all the care and guidance he gave us.
Oh man by the end I felt like we were great friends. Cheeky was very compassionate and has been there a long time. She always assured me and made the process a lot easier. She did the ultrasound when we found out was pregnant and we basically cried together so amazing.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
He was amazing. I did bring thoughts and ideas to the table just based off my medical history and he took them into account and ordered the proper test to investigate those things. Seriously so grateful for his care
Be informed on yourself and openly talk with him. He will listen.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Love the clinic [IVF MI] ! All the ladies are so pleasant, friendly, and compassionate. Wait times can be long but they are apologetic. Cylce and medication instruction was clear and concise. Nursing always called with results promptly...Hysteroscopy. Monitored cycle with planned intercourse. + pregnancy but resulted MC at 7 weeks. IVF soon...[Dr. Abuzeid was]Thorough, kind, and compassionate. I never felt rushed, even though office is incredibly busy. Fully explained risks of hysteroscopy. Seemed to be upfront with expectations and next plan of care.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
Love the clinic! All the ladies are so pleasant, friendly, and compassionate. Wait times can be long but they are apologetic. Cylce and medication instruction was clear and concise. Nursing always called with results promptly.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
Be prepared for a process and big work up.
Flint

They[nurses at IVF MI] were difficult to get in touch with for questions...The clinic was very busy and only one RE which made wait times longer. It seemed overbooked and I don’t feel like my case was given enough time to be reviewed and come up with the best treatment plan...After waiting 3 months to meet with the doctor he spent 27 minutes in the room and required us to make another appointment for any questions...We switched providers prior to beginning treatment
Describe your experience with IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint.
Difficult to get in touch with nursing staff to answer questions. After waiting 3 months to meet with the doctor he spent 27 minutes in the room and required us to make another appointment for any questions.
They were difficult to get in touch with for questions.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF MI - Roch Hills and Flint?
Seemed knowledgeable, but was eager to do surgery when second opinions felt it unnecessary. We waited for months for our consultation for him to be in the room for 27 minutes, leaving the room and requiring us to make another appointment to answer any questions.
Keep copies of all your records and have questions answered initially.
We switched providers prior to beginning treatment.
Seemed comparable