Acupuncture is not offered

3950 S. Rochester Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
855-812-8845

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
It is hard to describe a man [Dr. Mostafa Abuzeid] that I have not seen nor talked to the 8months that I have been his patient. We started with a consultation that his nurse conducted. I’ve not once talked to him in person, on the phone or through any other means of communication. I’m truly feeling empty, heartbroken and as I have no one to trust going through these treatments.
The [IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint] staff at the Flint office is great. Great communication, compassionate and friendly. Staff in Rochester are rude, unfriendly and treat you like a number instead of a person...There are so many people between both clinics and the nurses run most things. Things are sometimes missed or overlooked, rushed or forgotten.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint?
It is hard to describe a man that I have not seen nor talked to the 8months that I have been his patient. We started with a consultation that his nurse conducted. I’ve not once talked to him in person, on the phone or through any other means of communication. I’m truly feeling empty, heartbroken and as I have no one to trust going through these treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint?
Please find a different clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint?
Ive been undergoing treatment for 8 months and I’ve NEVER even seen the Doctor. Not once. Just nurses.
Describe the protocols Mostafa Abuzeid used in your cycles at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint and their degree of success.
The first 5 months we decided on a medicated cycle with timed intercourse which I felt comfortable with since that is how we conceived our daughter through RMA Troy in just 2 cycles. Half of the cycles I had ovulated before they even brought me in for my blood work or ultrasound so they were wasted cycles. Only adjustments made we moving tearing up by 1 day. 6 cycles and no pregnancy. We have now moved on to IVF. Our first month was canceled because my progesterone levels were elevated by .05. No reasoning as to why this caused a cancelation. Nurses try to help but they can only tell me so much. It’s been a nightmare and I’m wholeheartedly disappointed in this whole ordeal and if we were not so far into this treatment we would have left a long time ago.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint. (Assigned nurse: Kathleen)
The staff at the Flint office is great. Great communication, compassionate and friendly. Staff in Rochester are rude, unfriendly and treat you like a number instead of a person.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint.
Flint is equipped with ultrasound, bloodwork and hospital is literally in same parking lot. Any procedures that need to be done you must go to Rochester. Staff is only available to do certain things on certain days so you could be traveling to both places depending on timing and what procedures you need done.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mostafa Abuzeid at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint.
Ultrasound and bloodwork are $300 each per visit. $1400 for traditional IVF NOT including, medication, egg freezing, anesthesia, storing of eggs, ultrasound and bloodwork or any other testing
Describe Mostafa Abuzeid's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint.
He prefers single embryo transfer for all patients unless you are very young with no other issues.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint.
Flint

Many times going in seeing him [Dr. Abuzeid] he’d Tell you everything you wanted to hear and even console you but when it came to facts or knowing your case he’d have to refer back to paperwork and not even realize what was going on. Especially during the hormone injection phase and transfer...During monitoring we never seen the doctor only seen nurses. Also never received a phone call about dosage increase or our lining from Dr. Abuzeid only heard from nurses. I didn’t react as good as I thought I would so he increased my dose and we ended up with 7 eggs.
They [IVF MI] lost paperwork. Also they didn’t call me with our results the day if like they said they would. Most times we had to wait till 6:30pm the next day... Monitoring equipment seemed old and outdated...Our first round we got a discount of 55% and charged $4500 for a full cycle. Our second IVF cycle they said they’d give us a multi-cycle discount. They did of only 20% and they raised their prices so our cost was $8500 for a full cycle. Then they charge extra for monitoring and HCG testing and anesthesia costs of $300
I have to go through IVF to have children because both of my tubes were completely removed due to an erotic. I’ve been pregnant 7 times with 4 healthy pregnancies before the Ethiopic. Dr. Abuzeid was a very reputable man recommended to me so I went and seen him. Our first appointment went great! He started by having us getting blood work done and doing a semen analysis. When the results came back he said my husband morphology wasn’t amazing but it was plenty good enough to move forward. We proceeded and started our hormone injections. During monitoring we never seen the doctor only seen nurses. Also never received a phone call about dosage increase or our lining from Dr. Abuzeid only heard from nurses. I didn’t react as good as I thought I would so he increased my dose and we ended up with 7 eggs. After retrieval he put me on meds to prepare my body for transfer. I get checked two or three times up till transfer. They didn’t seem sure of my lining thickness but increased my endometrium and progesterone. They called us to come in and transfer on day 3. On transfer day he explained that my eggs were oval shaped and that it didn’t mean anything cause once they hatched into an embryo the shell would be gone. He also rechecked my lining and said “I think it’s good to transfer”. He left how many we wanted to transfer up to us so we went with two. Neither stuck and I truly felt like it had to do with my lining and timing. So he called us to let us know it was negative and we could transfer again and he wouldn’t charge us full amount cause he felt terrible that we didn’t get our positive. We set up an appointment but couldn’t afford the price. We went in thinking he was going to cut us a deal. So we waited a year and went back. Our first visit with Dr. Abuzeid he apologized again for it not working last round and he re-ran labs cause I told him after the last round I was going up to 63 days without having a mentral cycle and that I always had regular mental cycles before our last IVF cycle. He ran them and we paid. Our cost was over double what our first round cost and he recommended a mini IVF cycle at first. We listened as we trusted that he was the expert. After talking to the nurse about our dosage of meds I reminded her that I didn’t respond well last round of IVF and my meds got increased and so she looked at my chart and said you’re right I see what you’re saying and she talked to Dr. Abuzeid and he says that we’d do a full cycle. He was very adamant about doing another full cycle or mini even though we already had three frozen. We questioned him why and he said he felt better about getting a few more eggs. At this point he said maybe we’ll do a mini IVF cycle plus defrost your three frozen and quoted us the cost. It was more than the full cycle so we went with the full. We figured we’d end up with more embryos and at least be able to transfer and hopefully freeze more. We ordered our meds and during monitoring I got a very uneasy feeling like they weren’t paying close enough attention. We did seem to ha e more eggs this time and they never gave an exact amount or the sizes. On my last monitoring appointment she wanted Abuzeid to come in but he had to rush to the hospital for another patient. She said I’d be retrieving that weekend but didn’t know if I’d be doing a fresh transfer because my lining was measuring way to thick. I asked how thick and she said 22mm. So I pretty much prepared myself to freeze all. They ended up retrieving a couple days later and they called us one time with how our embryos were doing. On day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos left out of 12 and he recommended transferring 3. We were shocked but ended up following his expert advise as we trusted him to make the best decision for us. On transfer day I brought up my lining and he looked at it and said it’s good it’s good. It seemed as though he couldn’t get a good enough measure but again we trusted him. So we transferred our best looking three. Over the next couple weeks we went in twice for blood work and had to increase meds. On beta day we got another negative. He once again called to apologize. The remains of our embryos arrested. We felt like Dr. Abuzeid having so many different offices and patients that we were more of a number now. Thousand if dollars later and transferring 5 embryos we had three left still frozen. I felt he could recommended an ERA test the 2nd time or retested my husbands semen. I feel like with how thick my uterus lining was that it wasn’t optimal for and embryo. He could’ve done more to ensure everything was primed and perfect but he didn’t. I don’t feel like he did it purposely but I do feel like with the price and going through the whole IVF process he could be a lot more personable with his patients. He never even offered PGS testing with my eggs being oval shaped. We truly put all of our trust in him and feel let down. After our last cycle, price increases, and feeling like a number we have now made another appointment elsewhere.
Do your research and advocate for yourself! Request him to do all monitoring and testing so he’s 100% aware of you and your case. Their equipment for monitoring could definitely be updated to.
Many times going in seeing him he’d Tell you everything you wanted to hear and even console you but when it came to facts or knowing your case he’d have to refer back to paperwork and not even realize what was going on. Especially during the hormone injection phase and transfer.
Our protocol was basic, he pushed to do ICSI which resulted in embryos but part of me feels like the more natural approach would’ve resulted in more embryos in the end
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint.
The nurses in the flint office were friendly and compassionate but the ones in Rochester office were rude and snooty. They all send unaware and unorganized. Flint office was dirty and outdated
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint.
Clinic was dirty and outdated in Flint office. Both offices, Rochester and Flint, were unorganized and unaware of me as a patient. Everything came at a cost once you signed the papers. Before that they mentioned donated meds and helping any way they could. Scheduling was difficult. Paperwork would dissapear and when you’d mention results they’d have to search back through my chart.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint.
They were on certain days and certain hours. Monitoring equipment seemed old and outdated
He never pushed us to transfer one or multiple the first round, but was very keen on transferring three the 2nd time around.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint?
Dr. Abuzeid was wanted to do a mini Ivf cycle when I didn’t respond well to stimulation’s meds the first time. They lost paperwork. Also they didn’t call me with our results the day if like they said they would. Most times we had to wait till 6:30pm the next day

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Abuzeid was very kind and explained things well. One thing we really struggled with was being able to communicate our concerns with him. Often times we were interrupted or cut off before he would allow us to finish what we were saying, that got very frustrating but he was a very intelligent man...You must be in top of your care there and a major advocate for yourself.
The [IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint] clinic was very easy to find and in a good location. Things here seem to run very slow compared to experiences at other clinics recently. There is long waits for certain tests and procedures. At times I was placed on the pill just for scheduling purposes. They don’t work well around peoples schedules which makes a full time job and IVF very difficult.
You must be in top of your care there and a major advocate for yourself.
With Dr. Abuzeid himself we always felt heard but with his staff we felt very rushed and like we were a problem to them.
Communication with the nursing staff was extremely stressful and always very frustrating. Many times they were very short and rude and acted as if they had better things to do. It was very hard as this is a very emotional time and having a good supper system with your nurse is very helpful.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint.
The clinic was very easy to find and in a good location. Things here seem to run very slow compared to experiences at other clinics recently. There is long waits for certain tests and procedures. At times I was placed on the pill just for scheduling purposes. They don’t work well around peoples schedules which makes a full time job and IVF very difficult.

2018, Consult
We switched providers prior to beginning treatment...[Dr. Mostafa Abuzeid] Seemed knowledgeable, but was eager to do surgery when second opinions felt it unnecessary. We waited for months for our consultation for him to be in the room for 27 minutes, leaving the room and requiring us to make another appointment to answer any questions...I don’t feel like my case was given enough time to be reviewed and come up with the best treatment plan.
They[nurses at IVF MI] were difficult to get in touch with for questions...The clinic was very busy and only one RE which made wait times longer. It seemed overbooked and I don’t feel like my case was given enough time to be reviewed and come up with the best treatment plan...After waiting 3 months to meet with the doctor he spent 27 minutes in the room and required us to make another appointment for any questions...We switched providers prior to beginning treatment
Keep copies of all your records and have questions answered initially.
Difficult to get in touch with nursing staff to answer questions. After waiting 3 months to meet with the doctor he spent 27 minutes in the room and required us to make another appointment for any questions.
We switched providers prior to beginning treatment.
They were difficult to get in touch with for questions.
Seemed comparable