Genetic counseling: Offered
6711 Monroe St.
Sylvania, OH 43560
3145 Clark Rd.
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Michigan Fertility Centers to a friend?

2020
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Hammoud listened to us during the consultation. I felt a pretty equal balance of being heard & being open to options we were suggesting as well as being set in his planned treatment ways. He seemed like he genuinely wanted to work with us...All other doctors have just slapped a “PCOS Label” on me & have wanted to start medicated treatments. Dr. Hammoud explained a new plan of starting IUI or IVF right away as that would be our best chances for success. As scary as it was to hear those big steps mentioned, it was refreshing a
Whoever took my initial phone call [at IVF Michigan] & scheduled me for the consult was amazing! She was so nice & thorough & had compassion...We were quoted $20,860 for IVF...It’s frustrating too because we make too much to qualify for the “discount” they offer, but we definitely don’t make enough to be able to afford over 20k IVF treatment...It seemed like some of the initial paperwork was repetitive, outdated, & had some typing errors that I thought could be updated. Also, I believe the clinic could use an updated patient portal. I had to send in all of my past medical history by fax or mail, when usually there’s a way to email or upload into a portal for most other offices these days.
2020
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Hammoud seemed well educated with good plans of action in place. I know IVF Michigan has good success rates so I felt I could trust Dr. Hammoud & he treatment recommendations. Dr. Hammoud was the 1st doctor to actually explain that while yes, I do have PCOS, it’s likely not what’s causing my infertility fully & that I really fall under the “Unexplained” category of infertility. All other doctors have just slapped a “PCOS Label” on me & have wanted to start medicated treatments. Dr. Hammoud explained a new plan of starting IUI or IVF right away as that would be our best chances for success. As scary as it was to hear those big steps mentioned, it was refreshing after seeing so many doctors who just wanted to do round after round of medicated monitored cycles with timed intercourse & trigger shot.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Ask questions! Dr. Hammoud seemed like he had a plan of action set in place before talking to us & if I didn’t ask or say anything it probably all would have just stayed the same. When I did bring up how I think my prolactin & TSH are a little high for trying to conceive, he recommended re-testing then & was open to putting me on a low-dose thyroid medication if needed. This made me feel heard & relieved.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Hammoud listened to us during the consultation. I felt a pretty equal balance of being heard & being open to options we were suggesting as well as being set in his planned treatment ways. He seemed like he genuinely wanted to work with us & even offered us early pregnant care if we happened to get pregnant on our own prior to starting treatment as he said he sees happen to about 5% of his patients.
Describe the protocols Ahmad Hammoud used in your cycles at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
IUI for a few cycles, then IVF. Or, jumping straight to IVF if we so choose.
Whoever took my initial phone call & scheduled me for the consult was amazing! She was so nice & thorough & had compassion. I don’t remember her name. The other nurses I talked to were alright. I know I was rescheduled twice due to Dr. Hammoud having meetings come up & the Covid pandemic.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic was nice. It seemed like some of the initial paperwork was repetitive, outdated, & had some typing errors that I thought could be updated. Also, I believe the clinic could use an updated patient portal. I had to send in all of my past medical history by fax or mail, when usually there’s a way to email or upload into a portal for most other offices these days.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
We were quoted $20,860 for IVF! We can not afford this amount. It’s frustrating too because we make too much to qualify for the “discount” they offer, but we definitely don’t make enough to be able to afford over 20k IVF treatment. IUI’s were more reasonably priced if I remember... around $700 or $800? We just aren’t sure if we are even going to be trying IUI or going straight to IVF for more of a chance.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
From the first meeting Dr Shamma made us feel very comfortable. He explained everything and answered all our questions. He even suggested a study we could join that happened to fit with our situation. He is very busy and can sometimes be in and out quickly. With that said, if you have questions he will always stop and take the time to talk you through some thing or answer all the questions you have...I had to get a hysteroscopy and have a polyp removed each time we did a transfer. We did an egg retrieval, but because I became slightly inflamed he decided to freeze all the embryos and wait until my next cycle for transfer. I was on lupron depot, estradiol patches and pills, vitamin b, prenatal vitamin, metformin, baby aspirin, enoxaparin, and progesterone.
The blood work, ultrasounds, Dr visits, surgeries, transfers, retrieval’s, etc. are all done right at the office [at IVF Michigan]. All the staff and nurses are very friendly and supportive...The staff and Dr were all very kind and would take all the time you needed to answer any questions until you felt comfortable...There were a couple of nurses that I really liked and were always very detailed and thorough. Some of the others weren’t as detailed or gave a lot of info all at once and it was too much to digest and remember all at once. I had to start asking for them to write it down for me so I would remember by the time I got home. It was a lot when your dealing with all the medications, dosages, times, etc. Overall I thought the nurses were very kind and great to work with.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
No question is silly to ask. It is important for you to be informed and comfortable with what is going on. Dr Shamma is great at explaining things and making patients feel comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
The staff and Dr were all very kind and would take all the time you needed to answer any questions until you felt comfortable. I had gone through a bunch of treatment with another Dr and Dr Shamma didn’t try to waste my time or money by doing any of it again. He told me straight up that we needed to do ivf. The other things didn’t work, why waste our time or money. When we came back to try for a second, they really seemed to be understanding of financial and emotional stress and worked with us.
Describe the protocols Nicholas Shamma used in your cycles at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The billing department was always very understanding and helpful. The ladies at the front desk are very nice. One issue I did have was that the nurses call back with test results, bloodwork, and everything else after 4:00 pm. They will leave a message, but if you have questions or something was unclear, you can’t get a hold of anyone or get a call back until the next day because the phones shut off at 4:00. They have an email address you can email, but they may not get it until the next day. They do also have an emergency number to call the nurse on call. I just feel like if the nurses are there making calls you should be able to return the call and speak to someone. Other than the phones shutting off at 4, everything was great. Every thing was clean, modern, and inviting. The blood work, ultrasounds, Dr visits, surgeries, transfers, retrieval’s, etc. are all done right at the office. All the staff and nurses are very friendly and supportive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
There was a set rate for the transfer, thawing process, and everything they had to do to prepare the embryo. The medications are all separate and so are the labs and ultra sounds. The cost all depends on your insurance. My insurance changed a couple of times over the years while going through the process. Sometimes all the labs and ultra sounds were covered and a good portion of my meds and other times nothing at all was covered.
Describe Nicholas Shamma's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
When we started treatment Dr Shamma said he would only transfer one embryo. It was successful. We were told that with how far they have come in infertility treatments it was no longer necessary to transfer multiple embryos. Our second time around again he transferred one and we had a chemical pregnancy. We decided to try one more time and we had two embryos left. He told us if we really wanted to he would transfer both. After getting multiple positive blood draws, I miscarried just before my first ultrasound. I don’t believe the decision had any thing to do with the results. I was very comfortable with how he decided what to transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.

2018 - 2020
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
I have had 0 issues with Dr. Shamma. He has always been wonderful. He's upfront, tells you his opinion on what should be done. Let's you know everything that's happening. It made me feel very aware of the entire situation...He's very busy so it's not always easy to get your first appointment. We had to wait several weeks for ours but it's so worth it...We did a frozen transfer 3 months after same medications as before but added aspirin 81 mg once a day and Enoxoparin 40 mg injection once a day. That transfer was successful. I am in the middle of another GET and have the same protocols as my successful FET.
They [nurses at IVF Michigan] are wonderful. They've kept me very in the loop with appointments. If dates need changed they call me immediately...Our first transfer was two embryos (fresh)...sometimes they'll say they'll call at 2pm and they almost never call back on time. They do call back same day or reply to emails quickly. Just know that when they give a call back time they probably won't stick to it. They get very busy I'm sure.
2018 - 2020
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Shamma was very sympathetic with our failed transfer. He felt terrible right along with us. He also knew we were religious and kindly prayed that I get pregnant during both my transfers.
I can't remember my protocols for meds with my retrieval but my first transfer (fresh) I was on progesterone 2 mL once a day, esradiol three times a day, and the estrogen patch every three days. That transfer failed. We did a frozen transfer 3 months after same medications as before but added aspirin 81 mg once a day and Enoxoparin 40 mg injection once a day. That transfer was successful. I am in the middle of another GET and have the same protocols as my successful FET.
They are wonderful. They've kept me very in the loop with appointments. If dates need changed they call me immediately. We had to push things back due to COVID-19 and they we very kind with letting us know everything that was going on and getting rescheduled.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
I think it's mostly that sometimes they'll say they'll call at 2pm and they almost never call back on time. They do call back same day or reply to emails quickly. Just know that when they give a call back time they probably won't stick to it. They get very busy I'm sure.
So we have very good infertility coverage but without it we would have spent a fortune. It would have been about 35,000 for our retrieval, fresh transfer, and all medications from a pharmacy. But with insurance we paid like 4,000 for the first transfer and retrieval
Our first transfer was two embryos (fresh). Dr Shamma advised that we should only use 1 with my age but we chose to still do 2. It failed. We used 1 embryo in our second transfer which worked and will be doing another single embryo transfer next month. He allows you to do multiple embryos as long as there's not any apparent extra risk
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Nicholas Shamma] was practical but knowledgeable. At the end of the whole process, we ended up with a little baby girl so we obviously couldn't be more pleased. We have one more embryo on ice, and will not hesitate to visit Dr. Shamma again... (I was 38, almost 39), and my husband had very few sperm with heads/tails. So the doctor suggested we skip right to IVF, where we could extract eggs, and insert them with the best sperm. So we did an egg retrieval, ICSI, and frozen embryo transfer (5 day). Dr. Shamma put in 2 embryos, and one took. We gave brith to a very healthy baby girl as an end result. We did not opt for genetic testing of the embryos (too expensive).
we did an egg retrieval, ICSI, and frozen embryo transfer (5 day) [at IVF Michigan]. Dr. Shamma put in 2 embryos, and one took. We gave brith to a very healthy baby girl as an end result. We did not opt for genetic testing of the embryos (too expensive)...The nursing staff is very kind. We liked all the nurses we dealt with...$25,000 for the retrieval and implantation (and everything associated with this process like the medication)...The waiting room is often very full, and sometimes you have to wait a really long time. But overall, I would go back and have no regrets about going here in the first place.
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
My husband and I went to see Dr. Shamma after failing to conceive using Clomid. We were both 38/39 years old, and wanted to start a family using using our own egg/sperm. He comes across as personable and gentle, but highly knowledgeable. At first we thought maybe he was a little arrogant and overly confident, but shortly thereafter realized he just knew what he was doing. He told us he could help us have a child. He was practical but knowledgeable. At the end of the whole process, we ended up with a little baby girl so we obviously couldn't be more pleased. We have one more embryo on ice, and will not hesitate to visit Dr. Shamma again to try one more implantation.
When you first visit Dr. Shamma, he will have already read your file and will pretty much have your situation assessed before you walk in. My husband and I were taken aback by that, but honestly looking back we realized that he does this every day - and the man has seen just about everything. Once we put our trust in him, we were not dissapointed.
Dr. Shamma was wonderful. He has a very caring and gentle bedside manner. My husband and I really appreciated his blunt (but kind) approach, because he gets to the point and delivers the information succinctly. He is an expert in his field, and it shows because from the start it felt that he had everything under control and could help us conceive.
My eggs were old (I was 38, almost 39), and my husband had very few sperm with heads/tails. So the doctor suggested we skip right to IVF, where we could extract eggs, and insert them with the best sperm. So we did an egg retrieval, ICSI, and frozen embryo transfer (5 day). Dr. Shamma put in 2 embryos, and one took. We gave brith to a very healthy baby girl as an end result. We did not opt for genetic testing of the embryos (too expensive).
The nursing staff is very kind. We liked all the nurses we dealt with, and were impressed that many of them were Dr. Shamma's former IVF patients. Sometimes we got wrong information or different information from different nurses which was confusing and frustrating. It is a busy office and almost always full of patients, so I tried to be understanding.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic itself is fine/typical. The waiting room is often very full, and sometimes you have to wait a really long time. But overall, I would go back and have no regrets about going here in the first place.
+ Read more- Read less

I ovulated twice during prep for an egg retrieval with my first doctor. I never ovulated during prep with Dr. hammoud. With our first clinic we had zero eggs fertilize, with Dr. Hammoud and his knowledge on using calcium ionophore we were able to get 15 to fertilize the first time and 17 the second time. When our transfers didn’t take he came up with a new solution which we are in the middle of right now... was very knowledgeable. The first doctor we saw did not recognize the problem my husband had and did not know how to treat it.
The staff [at IVF Michigan] was always very friendly they always knew who I was when I called even the ladies at the front desk...Nursing staff was very helpful but at Times seemed frustrated or overworked. Sometimes it seemed like they didn’t know exactly what was going on. They forgot to order one of my meds both times...Cetrotide wasn’t ordered on my first ER. Luprin wasn’t ordered on my second ER...Monitoring was between 8-930 am
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Hammoud was very knowledgeable. The first doctor we saw did not recognize the problem my husband had and did not know how to treat it. I ovulated twice during prep for an egg retrieval with my first doctor. I never ovulated during prep with Dr. hammoud. With our first clinic we had zero eggs fertilize, with Dr. Hammoud and his knowledge on using calcium ionophore we were able to get 15 to fertilize the first time and 17 the second time. When our transfers didn’t take he came up with a new solution which we are in the middle of right now.
Listen to his opinions
The staff was always very friendly they always knew who I was when I called even the ladies at the front desk.
Egg retrieval #2 (1st with Dr. Hammoud)- 300 gonal f and 2 menopur everyday until cetrotide was added. Monitoring A couple times a week. 28 eggs retrieved, 24 injected. 1/4th injected with fresh ejaculated sperm, 1/4th with sperm from The testicles, 1/4th with ejaculated sperm and calcium ionophore, and 1/4th with sperm from the testicle and calcium ionophore. 2 day 5 embryos transferred with BFN. Then 3 frozen embryos transferred with a low hcg that continued to drop. 3 remained frozen. 3rd egg retrieval (2nd with Dr. Hammoud)- 24 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 17 fertilized. 11 made it for genetic testing. 3 remaining thawed for genetic testing but only one survived. 12 embryo sent for genetic testing. 7 came back normal. Now waiting for transfer
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
They are very knowledgeable and helpful. They will know who you are. Just be on top of your care and educate yourself too and ask questions. Make sure you do your own research also. The costs can get overwhelming but they do offer some financing through them too.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Monitoring was between 8-930 am
I don’t remember the specifics but each egg retrieval cost about $20,000 plus 5-6 thousand for meds
Describe Ahmad Hammoud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
They would only transfer 2-3 if not genetic tested.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.

We explained to Dr. Shamma that my Wife had emergency surgery and her Uterus was removed. She was fortunate enough to keep her ovaries so we would be able to use one of her embryos to have a child. My Wife was very nervous because she is pushing 37 years old, and Dr. Shamma quickly shut that down. He explained the whole process very thoroughly; walked us through steps; and guided us with positive vibes....He told us we would both go on prenatal vitamins; folic acid; and I would need to go on birth control to regulate my periods. Then, we would start injections and then the retrieval and placement process.
The only flaw I can think of was the waiting room [IVF Michigan]. Our appointment was at 10:30am and we weren't seen until 11:30am and once we were taken back into the room - Dr. Shamma was still delayed about 25 minutes or so. No one seemed apologetic either, it seemed as if that was their normal routine which was bizarre....Dr. Shamma was a very good communicator and kept us up to speed on the process if we decided to move forward with his location. He also kept things light hearted, so it wasn't completely overwhelming.
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Prepare to wait awhile in the waiting room.
My Wife and I had a consultation with Dr. Shamma because we were finalists in the 95.5 "Give You A Baby" contest. We did not end up winning, however, while we met with Dr. Shamma we both feel in love with him. We decided then and there we would utilize him for our IVF needs. We explained to Dr. Shamma that my Wife had emergency surgery and her Uterus was removed. She was fortunate enough to keep her ovaries so we would be able to use one of her embryos to have a child. My Wife was very nervous because she is pushing 37 years old, and Dr. Shamma quickly shut that down. He explained the whole process very thoroughly; walked us through steps; and guided us with positive vibes.
I remember Dr. Shamma taking us through a step by step process of what to expect and what we will both need to do. He told us we would both go on prenatal vitamins; folic acid; and I would need to go on birth control to regulate my periods. Then, we would start injections and then the retrieval and placement process.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The only flaw I can think of was the waiting room. Our appointment was at 10:30am and we weren't seen until 11:30am and once we were taken back into the room - Dr. Shamma was still delayed about 25 minutes or so. No one seemed apologetic either, it seemed as if that was their normal routine which was bizarre.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Hammoud] took the time to discuss with my husband and I our treatment options and what we wanted out of treatment. He gave us statistics but also showed he cared and was invested in our treatment...is an adequate doctor. During our initial consultation we were not impressed, but our second meeting we felt like we were working with an entirely new doctor. He was much more compassionate. We have only interacted with him these 2 times. I am mostly sticking with this doctor becaus it is one of the only fertility centers that accepts my insurance.
Most of the nursing staff [at IVF Michigan] are great. They do seem very busy so they don't always take the time to explain the treatment process...We were quoted for IVF, if necessary, at around $16k to $18k...Strengths: accept wide variety of insurance, convenient locations...Weaknesses: very quick paced and busy feeling, not every staff is compassionate, rarely see Dr. Hammoud, despite insurance it is still expensive
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Hammoud is an adequate doctor. During our initial consultation we were not impressed, but our second meeting we felt like we were working with an entirely new doctor. He was much more compassionate. We have only interacted with him these 2 times. I am mostly sticking with this doctor becaus it is one of the only fertility centers that accepts my insurance.
Throughly explain to patients what to expect during treatment, no matter what their treatment will be. Take the time to see your patients apart from the consultation.
He took the time to discuss with my husband and I our treatment options and what we wanted out of treatment. He gave us statistics but also showed he cared and was invested in our treatment.
For IUI I took Clomid for 5 days, gave myself an injection in my abdomen two days before insemination, then I took progesterone for 2 weeks. I had to delay my next round of IUI due to an ovarian cyst in which I took one month of birth control to get rid of. I am currently in my second round of IUI.
Most of the nursing staff are great. They do seem very busy so they don't always take the time to explain the treatment process. On nurse in particular, Susan, is extremely rude each time I see her.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Strengths: accept wide variety of insurance, convenient locations, high success rates, good reputation Weaknesses: very quick paced and busy feeling, not every staff is compassionate, rarely see Dr. Hammoud, despite insurance it is still expensive
IUI is covered under my insurance but I still have to pay a copay each time I get bloodwork and an ultrasound. We were quoted for IVF, if necessary, at around $16k to $18k.
+ Read more- Read less

We have only had a consult with him but Dr. Shamma truly made my husband and myself feel very comfortable. He spoke with genuine kindness, hope, showed direct eye contact and had empathy....only negative thing I would say is that it did feel a bit rushed. However, he was very compassionate and concerning our issue with my bilateral salpingectomy, he said "well you guys needed this done, like yesterday" in which we all had a little chuckle. He wrote down our treatment plan, went over it with us and that was really it.
The location [IVF Michigan] is beautiful, the waiting room is very spacious, perfect for a little elbow room & privacy if you're looking for that. When we were there, it was busy as I'm sure it is every day...Dr. Shamma is very compassionate, he really makes you feel safe, hopeful and ensures that you are in good hands just by simply talking with him. His nurses are incredible, especially the head nurse (I wanna say Julie?) Dr. Shamma has our best interest at heart
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Well we were one of the 10 finalists on the Channel 95.5 "Mojo Gives You A Baby" contest. We had our consult with Dr. Shamma; only negative thing I would say is that it did feel a bit rushed. However, he was very compassionate and concerning our issue with my bilateral salpingectomy, he said "well you guys needed this done, like yesterday" in which we all had a little chuckle. He wrote down our treatment plan, went over it with us and that was really it. Unfortunately, we weren't a grand prize winner, so we have yet to see him again. We are saving up!
Go in with a clear mind and a positive attitude. Write down a list of questions you may have, so you don't forget to ask (I totally wish I would have done that) and put all your faith in God and Dr. Shamma because they both really do have your best interests at heart. Dr. Shamma has & will continue to create miracles for all of us that are struggling.
I have yet to have a cycle done. Only had a consult.
Very compassionate, respectful and informative. They answered all billing questions I had and sent me all paperwork I requested to ensure that we have all the funds we need prior to starting our cycle.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
We have only had a consult so far with Dr. Shamma at IVF Michigan in Bloomfield Hills; therefore I cannot go off of much. However, I can say is this- Dr. Shamma is a pioneer in this, his success rate is at about 70%. The location is beautiful, the waiting room is very spacious, perfect for a little elbow room & privacy if you're looking for that. When we were there, it was busy as I'm sure it is every day. Going into this, knowing that we have to have this procedure and all this medication is a very scary process.; for me it is anyways. Dr. Shamma is very compassionate, he really makes you feel safe, hopeful and ensures that you are in good hands just by simply talking with him. His nurses are incredible, especially the head nurse (I wanna say Julie?) Dr. Shamma has our best interest at heart and I put all my trust in his hands. I know of people who he has helped perform miracles for! We have zero kids and IVF is our only option at conceiving our own children.. I would pick Dr. Shamma at IVF Michigan over and over again, I truly believe he is the best out there. I can only hope & pray that soon he will be helping create our miracle rainbow baby. Good luck to you, always keep your faith. God is great. Miracles DO happen! xxoo
Egg retrieval $5120 Isci/blast $3100 Prepaid cryro $550 Transfer $3100 Optional cycling $1500 Total: $13,370.00 Medications $4-6,000 additonal Grand total: $17,370-19,370.00
No comment.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Shamma is very kind and doesn’t sugar coat things, but makes sure to fully explain what his plan is. He has years of experience and at the first appointment he didn’t pressure me to have him do the surgery... I have Asherman’s Syndrome and we recently did a hystereoscopy to clear out all of the scar tissue. I am on Micronor until we have a protocol in place....I felt like a human because the first appointment we were in his office
The nursing staff [IVF Michigan] is very friendly and will answer all of my questions. They have an after hours number to reach them as well which helps give peace of mind....Strengths: They have Saturday hours every other week. They answer the phones quickly. Staff is friendly. Weaknesses: No online portal for test results. Nurses typically don’t answer when you get transferred and you have to leave a message (however they typically call back quickly). Difficulty getting records to fax over.
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Shamma is very kind and doesn’t sugar coat things, but makes sure to fully explain what his plan is. He has years of experience and at the first appointment he didn’t pressure me to have him do the surgery and actually recommended other senior level doctors to see if we wanted. We immediately felt comfortable with him and had him do my surgery. Everything went very well. I feel safe with him as my doctor.
If you are new to fertility doctors do not take his honesty as being harsh. My previous doctor gave us a lot of false hope and did not explain the severity of things.
I felt like a human because the first appointment we were in his office instead of the traditional room with a table, ultrasound machine, etc. for the surgery I had he checked in with me right after arriving and spoke to me after to let me know how it went. He is very kind and welcoming to me and my husband.
We are currently in the process of coming up with my protocol. I have Asherman’s Syndrome and we recently did a hystereoscopy to clear out all of the scar tissue. I am on Micronor until we have a protocol in place.
The nursing staff is very friendly and will answer all of my questions. They have an after hours number to reach them as well which helps give peace of mind.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
My insurance covers office visits, ultrasounds, and hystereoscopy. IVF quote including freezing embryos, transfer and genetic testing is $22,500

Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Shamma is an extremely intelligent Doctor. I was refereed to him because I had been diagnosed with endometrial cancer & would be having a complete hysterectomy with removal of my tubes, ovaries & cervix. My husband & I still want children so we opted to have an egg retrieval before surgery.... While you will not see Dr. Shamma during every visit, he reviews your lab & ultrasounds and is still very much involved with each patient. Dr. Shamma was unable to do my egg retrieval but called ahead to the Doctor whom he wanted to do the procedure and discussed my case.
I honestly can not say enough amazing things about the nurses at the Toledo Fertility Clinic! They were all so compassionate & knowledgeable. These are the ladies you will see the most for your ultrasounds, blood work & medicine information.... While you will not see Dr. Shamma during every visit, he reviews your lab & ultrasounds and is still very much involved with each patient. Dr. Shamma was unable to do my egg retrieval but called ahead to the Doctor whom he wanted to do the procedure and discussed my case.
Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Shamma is an extremely intelligent Doctor. I was refereed to him because I had been diagnosed with endometrial cancer & would be having a complete hysterectomy with removal of my tubes, ovaries & cervix. My husband & I still want children so we opted to have an egg retrieval before surgery. After our first meeting with Dr. Shamma we felt comfortable under his care. Dr. Shamma was always friendly with us during appointments & didn't withhold any information or opinions. While you will not see Dr. Shamma during every visit, he reviews your lab & ultrasounds and is still very much involved with each patient. Dr. Shamma was unable to do my egg retrieval but called ahead to the Doctor whom he wanted to do the procedure and discussed my case. It really made me feel like I was being taken care of.
We started my treatment with Medroxyprogesterone to induce menstruation. He also wanted me on Metformin, Vitamin D & Inositol. After my first ultrasound I started with Gonal F 150 and was eventually bumped up to 450 in increments. Closer to egg retrieval I added Cetrotied & Menopur. Thirty six hours preretrieval I took my trigger shot of Leuprolide & Novarel. On the day of my egg retrieval they collected 21 eggs, 16 were mature & 13 fertilized. We're just waiting to find out how many will be frozen!
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
I don't really have anything to add here. My husband & I were lucky enough to have a positive all around experience. The ladies at the front desk, nurses & Dr Shamma were all awesome.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Shamma] did not sugar coat anything. I'm still not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I also feel like he isn't the best at explaining things so I often leave the quick consultations a bit confused. He has also contradicted himself before. ... For my next transfer, he wanted to be more pro-active to prevent miscarriage. So in addition to all of the things from the last transfer, he also added a steroid (starting 5 days before transfer) and Lovenox (to start two days after transfer).
The clinic's [IVF Michigan] weakness is how expensive it is and how they don't do the best job telling you up front how much things will cost. This is especially true for additional testing that they request. They go through an outside lab, but they are not good at knowing that lab's pricing. ... The nursing staff does a very good job being compassionate and also being open to any of your questions.
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He gave us his personal experiences with IVF but at the same time, he was pretty blunt. He did not sugar coat anything. I'm still not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I also feel like he isn't the best at explaining things so I often leave the quick consultations a bit confused. He has also contradicted himself before. He said that he didn't suggest PGS for us in our first meeting and then after our miscarriage said that he always suggests PGS. I am glad that my husband was there to verify that we had both heard the same thing.
Take a notebook with you to write down what he is saying because otherwise you will end up confused. Also, don't be afraid to have him explain something again if you don't understand.
I unfortunately do not know all of the lingo associated with treatments. For my retrieval, I ended up with around 60 follicles due to my PCOS so they had me do a trigger that was only 50% HCG and then a freeze-all. From that I ended up with16 embryos. I then moved to a FET of 2 non-PGS embryos. He likes to do a hysteroscopy 5 weeks or so before transfer to make sure that everything is looking good. I did a lupron shot about a month before the transfer. The first transfer got postponed a week due to thin lining but eventually got up to 6.8 the week before transfer with taking 4 estradiol pills a day and one patch changed every 3 days. I also took an anti-biotic a few days before the transfer. The first transfer was a success but I miscarried at 5w5d unexpectedly with an HCG of 66k measured that evening in the ER. For my next transfer, he wanted to be more pro-active to prevent miscarriage. So in addition to all of the things from the last transfer, he also added a steroid (starting 5 days before transfer) and Lovenox (to start two days after transfer). My lining was thin again so we once again postponed the transfer a week and my lining got up to 7.5 a week before transfer. That transfer of 2 non-PGS embryos was unsuccessful.
The nursing staff does a very good job being compassionate and also being open to any of your questions. The night of my miscarriage, they were texting us checking in. There is just one nurse in the practice who is less warm than the others. She's not bad, but I don't feel the same level of compassion from her. They do a pretty good job of organization, but sometimes they need to more clearly talk about the tests you need to get done, how long they take, and telling you what your results were quickly.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic's weakness is how expensive it is and how they don't do the best job telling you up front how much things will cost. This is especially true for additional testing that they request. They go through an outside lab, but they are not good at knowing that lab's pricing. I was told one price by the clinic and it ended up being twice as much when I was billed. I also feel that this clinic is much more expensive than other clinics. When I discuss what I am paying with over IVF patients around the country, they are appalled.
The retrieval process ended up being around 12k. An FET is 6.5k. PGS testing for 14 embryos was 11k.
I am transferring 2 non-PGS embryos but I think if they were PGS tested, he would only do 1.
+ Read more- Read less

We are struggling with male infertility so Dr. Shamma has already made us aware that he will be cautious as to not overstimulate me and delay the process. ... He is honest, but able to present information in a way that isn’t offensive. He also told my husband and I about a way to try to get our medications cheaper, as there is little to no insurance coverage. He cares about his patients.
The clinic [IVF Michigan] is easy to find and well kept. It is fairly modern and has a comforting atmosphere. The one negative for me was when our blood was drawn it was in quite a public space instead of a private room and that increased anxiety. Other than that things are wonderful there. ... Betsy is very organized and helps to put me at ease. She listens to my endless list of questions and concerns and is making it possible for me to go between two clinics due to timing and location! Awesome staff.
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr Shamma was recommended to me by a friend and I have been pleased to be under his care since the first visit. He is honest, but able to present information in a way that isn’t offensive. He also told my husband and I about a way to try to get our medications cheaper, as there is little to no insurance coverage. He cares about his patients.
Write down information that he discusses with you. He is so intelligent and uses clinical terms so looking back it can be hard to remember the exact wording and things discussed sometimes.
Dr Shamma makes sure to take time to address any and all questions. Although he is serious it is evident he cares.
We are only a few months from starting our cycle! We are struggling with male infertility so Dr. Shamma has already made us aware that he will be cautious as to not overstimulate me and delay the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Betsy)
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic is easy to find and well kept. It is fairly modern and has a comforting atmosphere. The one negative for me was when our blood was drawn it was in quite a public space instead of a private room and that increased anxiety. Other than that things are wonderful there.
My husband had already had a procedure done to extract and store sperm so that wasn’t factored into price. The treatment was quoted around $14,000 with medications on top of that. They do offer financing within the office.
Dr. Shamma would rather transfer a single embryo, to possibly avoid health issues associated with twins. However, my husband and I have opted for the maximum of two embryo transfer to increase our odds.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Hammond is very respected and straight to the point with treatment plans. He made us feel like getting pregnant was definitely achievable. I like that he doesn't pressure us to go straight to IVF but gives us other options first. ... The treatment strategies Dr Hammound used was first to test my husbands for any issues with his sperm . After my husbands test came out fine the dr wanted to do a saline soultion test to check my tubes.
Front desk [IVF Michigan] is very nice and helpful. The nurses not so much. ... A new patient would want to request deanna for a nurse she awesome ... Everytime I walked out after my appointment was done. I still dodnt fully understand what the next step was. As this being my first time going through this I would of definitely liked more explanation instead of the nurses just rushing around
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr Hammond is very respected and straight to the point with treatment plans. He made us feel like getting pregnant was definitely achievable. I like that he doesn't pressure us to go straight to IVF but gives us other options first. I wish Dr Hammound was around more when I got my iuis done. Anytime I have questions specifically to my treatment such as "am I a good candidate for mini ivf?" I have to set up another consultation for it. I dont want to walk in and the dr say no I'm not a candidate and I wasted an hour drive for an answer I could have gotten on the phone
He has high success rates
The treatment strategies Dr Hammound used was first to test my husbands for any issues with his sperm . After my husbands test came out fine the dr wanted to do a saline soultion test to check my tubes. After the saline solution was clear dr hammound put me on fermara 5mg on cycle day 3. And had me come back regularly for ultrasound and bloodwork. The fermara 5mg worked well on me and I produced 5 big follicles. Dr hammond did not feel comfortable continuing treatment and had to cancel my cycle with birth control because of the risk of multiple. After my birth control for 2 weeks I started fermara 2.5 mg so half the dose . I continued to get monitored and when the time was ready he had my take a trigger shot called overdril and me and my husband tried to conceive naturally. We waited two weeks and had a negitive pregnancy test. We repeated the steps using fermara 2.5mg and trigger shot and tried an iui. After the iui I was put on a progesterone pill for 14 days reo times s day.that cycled failed along with 2 other failed iuis . The last iui I did not use fermara but used gonal f injection instead. Now we are waiting till we can afford ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Deanna was awesome. Some other nurses not so much)
I always got a different nurse when I went to the clinic. I definitely favored one nurse better than the other one. One talked to me like I was a child and the other one was very caring and compassionate. Everytime I walked out after my appointment was done. I still dodnt fully understand what the next step was. As this being my first time going through this I would of definitely liked more explanation instead of the nurses just rushing around
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Front desk is very nice and helpful. The nurses not so much. This is the macomb clinic not the bloomfeild hills clinic. I go to macomb more. A new patient would want to request deanna for a nurse she awesome
I have blue care network which has been great. They cover alot of the cost after my $500 deductible. I did have to pay $1000 In medications but nothing in iui procedures. Ivf is not covered
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Cottrell is a very pleasant newer doctor to the IVF Michigan practice and she has been great to work with so far! We’ve been with her through one cycle of clomid and two with letrozole with menotropin injectables that all failed but she kept me Informed every step of the way and was able to be flexible with my very non-flexible work schedule to make it work to have ultrasounds and labs done when I was able to. She is always very friendly and remembered details that I had told her about my life outside of treatment.
Strengths of the clinic [IVF MI] would be friendliness, office space, patience of both the doctor and nurses, knowledgeable doctor, good bedside manner, willing to be flexible Weaknesses would be office hours that are difficult to work around while working, wait times, and that the front desk staff can be stand-offish at times.... The cost of IVF with freezing and thawing and with preimplantation genetics is about $17,500, not including procedures and medication. They offered me a discount for being in a healthcare profession.
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions because she’s very nonjudgmental and willing to take the time to explain things
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
She takes the time to truly listen to me and my questions and concerns. She remembered details that I told her about what was going on in my life outside of our treatment. She’s warm at the bedside and always has a friendly demeanor.
Describe the protocols Hanh Cottrell used in your cycles at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
We had already failed 3 cycles of ovulation induction with letrozole with my primary OBGYN so we first tried a cycle of ovulation induction with clomid after our initial consultation. We then tried clomid with an ovidrel trigger which failed and then we tried letrozole with menopur and ovidrel for a hybrid third cycle with Dr. Cottrell. We then determined that IVF would be our next best step. We had a water sonogram which showed a potential small polyp in the uterus so we are planning a hysteroscopy with ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval with freezing and pre-implantation genetic screening prior to embryo transfer for our first IVF cycle
The nursing staff has all been excellent and receptive both on the phone and in person in the office for ultrasounds and answering questions.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Strengths of the clinic would be friendliness, office space, patience of both the doctor and nurses, knowledgeable doctor, good bedside manner, willing to be flexible Weaknesses would be office hours that are difficult to work around while working, wait times, and that the front desk staff can be stand-offish at times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Describe Hanh Cottrell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
She gave me the choice and informed me of the pros and cons of both. She said we have a greater chance of success with two but that the risk of multiples would be higher
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.

He [Dr. Hammoud] was so careful with his words not to offend. He was very sensitive and kind. I was so worried going in, but after talking to him I felt much better. He cared about how I felt and how I was doing during the visit. ... He had our blood drawn to check hormones and has started SAs for my fiance. My TSH was high so he IMMEDIATELY caller in the meds to even it out. He also had me set up an appointment with my OBGYN and start prenatal vitamins.
They [IVF Michigan] are all so postitive and happy. Such a great clinic to go to. ... We walked in and they [nursing staff] were all smiles. So friendly and were willing to work with ua about everything. Everything was set up ready to go and papers ready to be filled out. They asked what gender we were hoping for and told us how great of A Doctor Dr. Hammoud is.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He was wonderful. Very helpful and positive. He answered all my questions and listened to what I said and how I felt. If i didnt understand something he explained it so that I did. I would definitely recommend him.
He knows what hes doing. Trust him to lead the way to your baby.
He was so careful with his words not to offend. He was very sensitive and kind. I was so worried going in, but after talking to him I felt much better. He cared about how I felt and how I was doing during the visit.
He had a consultation with my fiance and myself. He talked us through the options, explained what he thought was best and listened to what we had to say and how we felt. He made sure we understood. He stayer very positive about the whole thing. We can't wait to start the IVF process. He had our blood drawn to check hormones and has started SAs for my fiance. My TSH was high so he IMMEDIATELY caller in the meds to even it out. He also had me set up an appointment with my OBGYN and start prenatal vitamins.
We walked in and they were all smiles. So friendly and were willing to work with ua about everything. Everything was set up ready to go and papers ready to be filled out. They asked what gender we were hoping for and told us how great of A Doctor Dr. Hammoud is.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Ive heard that they are quick to jump to IVF, but with our situation, that will be the only way we would be able to ever conceive. They are all so postitive and happy. Such a great clinic to go to. I have anxiety and I love going to this office.
So far our insurance has covered the majority of prices except the sperm cryo, actual IVF and medications for it. We're at the first stages of the IVF
He said he prefers to do 3. Not too many and just enough so it gives us a chance

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Cottrell] railroaded us during our entire time there....We were sent for excessive tests despite the fact that nothing indicated anything wrong with my wife, but she said she found something and then when we were sent to correct got an oncall doctor who said nothing showed on the scans he was sent to review that warranted the procedure and wondered why we were even having it... Later we learned that i should have started a bunch of supplements for my male motility issues
The doctor was horrid, the nursing staff [IVF Michigan] felt judgmental and slow and the billing department screwed the billing up and never sent records. Overall this was a horrible facility to work through, and i wouldn't send my worst enemy to IVF michigan let alone a friend....The nurses lost paperwork, sent incorrect bills, and were so incredibly rude and we waited around for sometimes a few hours before we'd be seen by just a nurse, even though you could see them standing around chatting in the back.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
This doctor was all about the money. Having now been at 3 other doctors we know that now more than ever and we felt it back when we first saw her too. We were sent for excessive tests despite the fact that nothing indicated anything wrong with my wife, but she said she found something and then when we were sent to correct got an oncall doctor who said nothing showed on the scans he was sent to review that warranted the procedure and wondered why we were even having it and that was when we decided we were done. We weren't given any information, nurses never folloewd up with us or sent my meds to the right pharmacy and we never did get any of our medical file despite several requests including one from the clinic we switched to. It was an absolutely horrible stressful anxiety inducing process here with Dr. Cottrell
RUN AWAY
She railroaded us during our entire time there. After our consultation we were leary, but after working up tests and getting handwritten prescriptions to take to wherever we wanted to go through without giving us a list of pharmacies that carried meds, and after false information about my wife and her results (we spoke with another doctor) we ran (not walked) away from this practice. We feel like we wasted a month of meds and procedures here.
she gave me nothing to do but changed my wifes meds completely. Later we learned that i should have started a bunch of supplements for my male motility issues but her focus was totally on my wife and not on me at all.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The doctor was horrid, the nursing staff felt judgmental and slow and the billing department screwed the billing up and never sent records. Overall this was a horrible facility to work through, and i wouldn't send my worst enemy to IVF michigan let alone a friend.
prices here were astronomical! Our insurance was supposed to cover some of it but they billed out the whole thing. When I called they said they'd submitted it, but luckily before paying i called insurance and they'd never received it so we felt like they were just trying to get more money out of us.
+ Read more- Read less

I only saw the doctor [Dr. Hammoud] twice, and that was during my initial consult and the saline sonogram. It seems that he is to busy to care about his patients. During the consultation he was quick to pass me off to the nurses and the same thing during the procedure. I saw him for about 2 minutes while he preformed the procedure and then it was up to the nurses to explain everything else to me. I think he needs to speak to his patients and explain what he is seeing more.
The clinic itself [IVF Michigan] is very stark and hospital like. There is not a lot of comfort in the waiting room. It is always busy and running behind. For one procedure I was not taken back until almost 2 hours after my appointment time. In the morning the blood work and ultrasounds were pretty quick, but some days they could take a long time.... The nursing staff was very good about communicating and answering questions. They were amazing at blood draws
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
I only saw the doctor twice, and that was during my initial consult and the saline sonogram. It seems that he is to busy to care about his patients. During the consultation he was quick to pass me off to the nurses and the same thing during the procedure. I saw him for about 2 minutes while he preformed the procedure and then it was up to the nurses to explain everything else to me. I think he needs to speak to his patients and explain what he is seeing more.
Be ready to just deal with the nurses. You will not see the doctor very much, and don't let him push you to IVF if you are not ready.
The consultation with the doctor was not very personal. My files had been transferred from a previous clinic as IVF of MI had taken over the previous clinic files when it closed. He had not looked at the previous files and was very quick. He pushed IVF, before any other treatments were suggested or talked about. It was like I was bothering him by being there for a consultation. He quickly pushed me off to his nurses.
I went through IUI with Dr. Hammoud. The first cycle I was on clomid he started with a lower dose and after 5 days I had to repeat another cycle of clomid. I had 2 follicles and then did an ovadril shot to trigger before the IUI. I was then put on progesterone twice a day after the IUI. The second cycle I did a higher dose of clomid. That did not work well and they put me on meopur for the last 5 days before the ovadril trigger shot. I was then put on progesterone twice a day after the IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Deanna)
The nursing staff was very good about communicating and answering questions. They were amazing at blood draws. They seemed to listen to concerns and get the answers back from the doctor in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic itself is very stark and hospital like. There is not a lot of comfort in the waiting room. It is always busy and running behind. For one procedure I was not taken back until almost 2 hours after my appointment time. In the morning the blood work and ultrasounds were pretty quick, but some days they could take a long time.
Each IUI was 750.00 this did not cover any of the monitoring or medication.

Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I love Dr. Shamma. His presence alone made me feel comfortable right away. Although he had to tell my husband and I why we haven't been able to conceive all these years and was blunt, he was also very compassionate and choose his words wisely....I'm a new patient in Dr. Shamma's office so we started off with 10 days of Provera to induce my period (since I have irregular cycles due to PCOS) which I did receive my menstrual cycle. I'm currently on Metformin and I take 2,000mg a day. I take Vitamin D 2,000 iu and am also on Birth Control.
I'm still pretty new [to IVF Michigan-Sylvania] so not sure what weaknesses they have but some of their strengths are communication, I like how much they spend communicating with you to make sure you understand and know what's going on. Another strength they have is how organized they are and they make you feel comfortable.... The nurse I had explained everything thoroughly to me because I did have a lot of questions. She took her time making sure I understood and even wrote everything down for me so that I wouldn't forget.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
I love Dr. Shamma. His presence alone made me feel comfortable right away. Although he had to tell my husband and I why we haven't been able to conceive all these years and was blunt, he was also very compassionate and choose his words wisely. I know I can put all my trust into him because he answered all my questions throughly without making me feel like I had to rush and genuinely made me feel important because he listened to everything my husband and I had to say. I'm so glad I met Dr. Shamma!
He's very firm but compassionate.
Dr. Shamma was very polite and has a warm side to him. He explained everything throughly even though it was hard to hear. He's very patient and kind.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
I'm still pretty new so not sure what weaknesses they have but some of their strengths are communication, I like how much they spend communicating with you to make sure you understand and know what's going on. Another strength they have is how organized they are and they make you feel comfortable.
Still a brand new patient.

2013 - 2018
[Dr. Nicholas Shamma is] Very straightforward, discussed all options with me, described in detail what he was planning for my cycles and what to expect. Was very empathetic, compassionate, and optimistic... Stimulation with bravele and menopur and ganirelix added to prevent premature ovulation. Trigger was used with lupron due to previous hyperoverian stimulation using HCG and producing over 50+ follicles. Also used lovenox. Only fresh cycle used under dr shamma. Embryos produced resulted in 3 children.
[IVF MI- Bloomfield Hills'] Strength is knowledgeable physicians, good and efficient support staff, state of the art technology and facility. Weakness is wait times and busy clinic. Costs have significantly gone up over the years as well.... Had to make monitoring appts in the morning, ran efficiently though. Usually had to wait if dr wanted to see me also.... Fresh cycle with transfer was about $12,000. Additional fees for associated procedures, monitoring and labs, anesthesia were probably a few thousand dollars. Medications were additional costs. Frozen embryo transfer costs went up substantially over the years. First one was about $4000 and went up to about $6000 the next transfer
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Very straightforward, discussed all options with me, described in detail what he was planning for my cycles and what to expect. Was very empathetic, compassionate, and optimistic. I am happy to have had him lead me to my journey of motherhood. Highly recommend dr shamma.
He is very compassionate and honest. Might not tell you what you want to hear but he does so in a very caring way. Also has so much experience in treating infertility.
Very caring, knowledgeable, and compassionate
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
All very knowledgeable and caring. Answered all questions and was very efficient with prescriptions and prior authorizations.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Shamma never needs reminding about our situation or past experience. I know he sees many clients throughout the duration of IVF cycles. While he's extremely efficient and gets to the point quite quickly, he has never rushed us out and if/when we have questions, he answers them thoroughly.... He has also made time for me outside of scheduled visits. I have received calls from him and also called him directly. After this last failed cycle, I was definitely hesitant to try a 6th round.
You do not feel like a number at the clinic [IVF Michigan]. Calling is even an easy, enjoyable experience. The only negative is that you can wait quite a while prior to appointments (I have waited an upwards of 45 minutes past my appointment time). Again, this is my only complaint.... The nurses I interacted with were hands down the best nurses I've ever met. In a situation that has so many ups and downs, they helped me every step of the way. I cannot say enough great things about the Ann Arbor team.
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
I have done 5 rounds of IVF with Dr Shamma. Dr Shamma is honest, direct and smart as hell. Following every failed cycle, Dr Shamma has made time to meet with us and talk about our options. He has also made time for me outside of scheduled visits. I have received calls from him and also called him directly. After this last failed cycle, I was definitely hesitant to try a 6th round. After talking to Dr Shamma, who is not only sincere, but also motivating, I am going to give it another go. If it weren't worth trying (i.e., if we were a hopeless cause), I know he would tell us it's time to stop.
He may come across as abrupt or hurried, but he will answer every single one of your questions. He will acquaint himself with every aspect of your situation. He will do everything in his power to help you conceive. He does genuinely care about you as a patient.
Dr Shamma never needs reminding about our situation or past experience. I know he sees many clients throughout the duration of IVF cycles. While he's extremely efficient and gets to the point quite quickly, he has never rushed us out and if/when we have questions, he answers them thoroughly. When I have asked him difficult or uncomfortable questions, Dr Shamma looks me in the eyes and provides candid responses. It's not always rainbows and roses, but it's the truth and I trust him. Even though we have had a difficult time conceiving, I wouldn't go to another doctor.
Ovarian stimulation protocols with antagonist. Medications utilized during IVF cycle: Birth Control Pills, Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Pregnyl, Progesterone in Oil, Estrogen, Lovenox, Aspirin, Methylprednisolone. Also prescribed (at my request) supplements and pre-natal vitamins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: I saw Cathy & Kerri most frequently.)
I could not have done this without them (literally and figuratively). The nurses I interacted with were hands down the best nurses I've ever met. In a situation that has so many ups and downs, they helped me every step of the way. I cannot say enough great things about the Ann Arbor team.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
You do not feel like a number at the clinic. Calling is even an easy, enjoyable experience. The only negative is that you can wait quite a while prior to appointments (I have waited an upwards of 45 minutes past my appointment time). Again, this is my only complaint.
IVF Michigan will only transfer 2 (max) embryos.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Shamma may not have the best bed side manner, however when we asked him to slow down or repeat himself when something was unclear, he obliged. He did not get frustrated with our questions (and we had a lot!). His strengths are compassion, empathy and confidence in his work... We did not have any donors (eggs or sperm) so after the embryos made it past the five day period, 4 of our 8 made it to genetic testing and 1 of our 4 were genetically "healthy." If we had not followed Dr. Shamma's advice, we may have experienced more miscarriages.
The nursing staff [at IVF Michigan] was amazing. They were always ready to answer questions and there was only one nurse (who I tried to avoid) that ever made me feel like I was a bother to her. There was one nurse that specifically wanted to call us with the positive pregnancy test and said that she wanted to make the phone call because she was so happy for us. The nurses were well organized and responsive and empathetic to our concerns and quickly responded to any questions. I miss them terribly now that we're with our OB GYN.
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Shamma may not have the best bed side manner, however when we asked him to slow down or repeat himself when something was unclear, he obliged. He did not get frustrated with our questions (and we had a lot!). His strengths are compassion, empathy and confidence in his work. I would say that Dr. Shamma's weakness is his bed side manner because it could be a bit better. With that said, I'd rather have someone who does their job well and may not be sugary sweet than have the opposite.
Take notes during every appointment. There were times that we walked out and I felt like I heard everything, but retained nothing! Just so much information to take in. Don't be afraid to clarify!! This is your treatment and your dream of having a sweet little one.
Dr. Shamma always called us by our names and shook our hands at every visit. The nurses and other staff at the clinic are personable (except one that always seemed grumpy) and extremely helpful. Even now, after our transfer is complete and I call to make a payment or need something, they are quick to respond and happy to help.
We did not have a problem getting pregnant, however, lost three pregnancies in a row, therefore, Dr. Shamma identified the importance of being able to genetically test our embryos. I was on a number of different injections including injections that increased follicles to get more eggs during the retrieval and also injections that held the release of eggs until the day of retrieval. We did not have any donors (eggs or sperm) so after the embryos made it past the five day period, 4 of our 8 made it to genetic testing and 1 of our 4 were genetically "healthy." If we had not followed Dr. Shamma's advice, we may have experienced more miscarriages.
The nursing staff was amazing. They were always ready to answer questions and there was only one nurse (who I tried to avoid) that ever made me feel like I was a bother to her. There was one nurse that specifically wanted to call us with the positive pregnancy test and said that she wanted to make the phone call because she was so happy for us. The nurses were well organized and responsive and empathetic to our concerns and quickly responded to any questions. I miss them terribly now that we're with our OB GYN.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Strengths of the clinic would be that that everyone seems to be happy to be there (again except for one who always seemed grumpy). We had our treatments done in the Michigan office and the nurses there were so extremely sweet and comforting. I told my husband one of the times that I felt like my mom was there with us because they were so sweet and wanted to make sure that we were doing okay. The weaknesses are really hard to think about....I guess we did feel rushed out of the appointments sometimes, but there were always people in the waiting room and I know we were not their only patients.
$20,000 plus the $3,200 for medications.
We only had one to transfer, however Dr. Shamma made it clear that they would only transfer one embryo at a time. I trusted this decision from Dr. Shamma and he explained his reasoning to me when I asked. He explained that we've already experienced loss and are considered high risk up until a certain point and would like to increase the chances as much as possible of us having a healthy and successful pregnancy.

4 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Overall we think we had a great experience with Dr. Shammas office. We do feel that on our fourth round of IVF treatment we could have been tested for a few more Things that would have resulted in us saving our money and using surrogacy vs. me trying to carry again.... He used everything protocol. We did every medication that was possible to give. It was our fourth time trying and we didn’t want to miss anything at all. We used genetically tested embryos so we had to use blood thinners as well.
I would make sure you have a full work up done with blood and everything in between. We came from another clinic so it was a bit confusing on what we were tested for and not tested for.... Nurses [IVF Michigan] were absolutely wonderful! Kind and caring and we’re very compassionate. They communicated wonderfully and always kept in touch. We loved them!... $26,000 was spent on our ivf process along with the genetic testing.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Overall we think we had a great experience with Dr. Shammas office. We do feel that on our fourth round of IVF treatment we could have been tested for a few more Things that would have resulted in us saving our money and using surrogacy vs. me trying to carry again. We have gone trough 4 IUI’s and two full rounds of ivf along with 4 transfers. We want nothing more than to be parents to a child and if we were chosen for this it would truly be a dream come true to me and my husband.
To cover everything from top to bottom throughly. I feel the further you get into IVF treatments, the more you learn about testing. I wish there was someway that every patient could have a one on one visit with some who prior went through ivf treatments.
I feel that there were so many people Going through cycles at the same time it almost felt as if we were being pushed through. I don’t feel as if all issues were tested for prior to our last transfer and it resulted in a miscarriage. Following up with him we did more blood work that resulted in having a mossisim gene?! We felt that this could have prevented our last miss carriage and we could have used a surrogate from the vet go.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl and Lori )
Nurses were absolutely wonderful! Kind and caring and we’re very compassionate. They communicated wonderfully and always kept in touch. We loved them!
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The nurses were absolutely wonderful! I would make sure you have a full work up done with blood and everything in between. We came from another clinic so it was a bit confusing on what we were tested for and not tested for. All around we have had a tough time with the ivf process and have been trying to conceive for 5 years and have had many ups and downs with the whole process. We have tried everything and have negative outcomes. We will keep a positive attitude and keep chugging.
$26,000 was spent on our ivf process along with the genetic testing.
+ Read more- Read less

He got right to the point and was thorough in his explanation. I am in the health field and very research based on my decisions, Dr. Hammond took time out of his day to find and send me a study done on IUI treatments.... know that you will mostly see nurses after the initial consultation... For my IUI cycle I was given an initial ultrasound by Dr. Hammond and prescribed 50mg of clomid for 5 days. I was also prescribed ovadril as a trigger shot to be used I believe a day in a half prior to my IUI.
Beautiful office. Finding which door to get into the building was a little troublesome at first. The parking lot is very busy as there are many other offices in the building. I wish they [IVF Michigan] would tell me all the fees for everything upfront rather than sending me a bill.... The only thing I am sure about the cost was the IUI which was $600. All the ultrasounds and office visits my insurance paid for a small amount so I’m not 100% sure how much those cost.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Make sure you get him as your Dr at IVF Michigan. Just know that you will mostly see nurses after the initial consultation
He explained that he really believes I will be pregnant, he explained that it may take time and he understands that couples can be impatient during this processes.
For my IUI cycle I was given an initial ultrasound by Dr. Hammond and prescribed 50mg of clomid for 5 days. I was also prescribed ovadril as a trigger shot to be used I believe a day in a half prior to my IUI. A few days after finishing my last dose of clomid I went in to have a follicle check ultrasound. This ultrasound sound was done by the nurse. There was concern about me having to many follicles, and they were unsure if Dr. Hammond would want to proceed with the IUI. After some time Dr said it was ok to go ahead with the IUI if I was ok and aware of the possibility of having multiples. The Day if the IUI my husband had to go in at 9am to give his sample, then I went in at 11am for my IUI. The nurse did the IUI procedure. I was the prescribed progesterone 10mg to take daily.
Amazing and very knowledgeable. Great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Beautiful office. Finding which door to get into the building was a little troublesome at first. The parking lot is very busy as there are many other offices in the building. I wish they would tell me all the fees for everything upfront rather than sending me a bill.
The only thing I am sure about the cost was the IUI which was $600. All the ultrasounds and office visits my insurance paid for a small amount so I’m not 100% sure how much those cost. I would just get bills in the mail for them every couple of weeks.
+ Read more- Read less

My wife and I both found Dr. Shamma to be very passionate about his work. He is very matter of fact, and pretty cut and dry about his delivery but we both liked that about him. We did reciprocal IVF using my wife's eggs and me as the carrier ... He had a plan ready for us for our next steps ... Sometimes it was pretty quick and in and out of the room during appointments but I didn't feel rushed. If we had questions he always answered them and made sure we understood.
We were nervous about being a same sex couple and if we would be treated the same as any other couple and we were. ... Everything seemed to run very smoothly. There were a couple of times we waited awhile to be seen [IVF Michigan] but it wasn't terrible ... I can't say enough good things about the nursing and office staff at this office. They were all so nice and respectful to my wife and I...
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
My wife and I both found Dr. Shamma to be very passionate about his work. He is very matter of fact, and pretty cut and dry about his delivery but we both liked that about him. We did reciprocal IVF using my wife's eggs and me as the carrier and when we unfortunately did not get pregnant I could swear I saw his eyes tear up a little during our follow up consultation. He had a plan ready for us for our next steps and after we ended up getting pregnant on our 2nd IUI procedure. Sometimes it was pretty quick and in and out of the room during appointments but I didn't feel rushed. If we had questions he always answered them and made sure we understood.
Make the best of the time you have with him. He is very busy but will make the time for you when you have it.
Both Dr. Shamma and his staff always referred to us by name. They were knowledgeable of our case and circumstances. Everyone treated us kindly and was very welcoming.
I can't say enough good things about the nursing and office staff at this office. They were all so nice and respectful to my wife and I. We were nervous about being a same sex couple and if we would be treated the same as any other couple and we were. They are quick to get back to you by phone or email with questions and explain everything very well. Michelle was our favorite nurse! She's awesome
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Everything seemed to run very smoothly. There were a couple of times we waited awhile to be seen but it wasn't terrible. Be sure to go to the class that they offer before your IVF cycle begins. You learn a TON of good info.
Get there as soon as possible if you want to get in and out quickly. I usually arrived by 730 and was to work usually within 2 hours.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Shamma] has been phenomenal in our journey. After our miscarriage he was truly upset, and he moved his schedule around to meet with us. He has done this now twice... has treated me as a daughter. He has been phenomenal through multiple losses, and sat by our sides as we emotionally broke down. He continues to work to help us bring a child into this world. Still have yet to have a successful pregnancy, but each miscarriage he has worked to adjust his schedule to meet with me and my husband.
Get to know the ladies that are nurses [at IVF Michigan]. They will be working with you quite a bit...The nurses have become like a second family, and I feel comfortable asking them anything that I need...Monitoring before the egg retrieval was done a bit more by blocked hours in the morning. However, my ultrasounds were always w [Dr. Shamma]. He even would have his staff squeeze me in early in the morning to not force me to wait through the day!
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Shamma has treated me as a daughter. He has been phenomenal through multiple losses, and sat by our sides as we emotionally broke down. He continues to work to help us bring a child into this world. Still have yet to have a successful pregnancy, but each miscarriage he has worked to adjust his schedule to meet with me and my husband.
Bedside manner aside, once you get to know dr shamma, you will see that he has a phenomenal heart and one goal- to help you bring life into this world. He has one of the best labs around and I believe the combination of a great doctor and a great lab are a huge part of success.
He has been phenomenal in our journey. After our miscarriage he was truly upset, and he moved his schedule around to meet with us. He has done this now twice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Michelle, Bev, and Shirley. Have spoke with Emily as well! they are all phenomenal!)
My primary nurse is Michelle, but i have spoken w Bev multiple times as well as Shirley! Michelle has been an amazing support system for me and my husband. Her and Bev and cami the nurse in the Bloodwork lab sat and talked me through my first miscarriage and what to expect with my Endometriosis and d&c. They shared their stories and allowed me to ask anything I could think of. The entire office has been beyond supportive. I will forever be appreciative of the impact they have made on my life.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Get to know the ladies that are nurses. They will be working with you quite a bit. I am a believer in the more you care about people, the more they will care about you. The nurses have become like a second family, and I feel comfortable asking them anything that I need.
Monitoring before the egg retrieval was done a bit more by blocked hours in the morning. However, my ultrasounds were always w shamma. He even would have his staff squeeze me in early in the morning to not force me to wait through the day!
Would truly have to add everything up. Would be around 30k
I had my embryos pgs tested. Dr shamma wanted to transfer one for our first transfer. Both embryos implanted, and one split. I lost triplets during my first miscarriage. He recommended one for the next transfer!
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Shamma] felt strongly about not transferring more than 2. He does not do embryo reduction at his clinic, I am not sure if that is why he limits his numbers or not...After the procedure he didn’t mention if we would move forward with the transfer or freeze, I had to bring it up, after I had just woke up from anesthesia. At that point he acted like of course I should know we were going to freeze, with no explanation of what was going on. This resulted in an additional 2600$, plus more med costs we were not prepared for.
12,000$ for the procedure, 2,650$ for embryo thaw, 250$ for mock transfer [at IVF Michigan]...Strengths: great nurses, nice comfortable office, easy to get an appointment that worked with my work schedule Weaknesses: all procedures are done at a different office which is 1.5 hrs away from Toledo. Doctor isn’t always there, the nurses and office staff run the show... When we moved on to IVF I was on menopur, gonal, ganirelix and did hcg as my trigger shot. I did ok with all of those. My estrogen level went too high and so after retrieval my transfer was cancelled and embryos frozen. I am now preparing for the frozen embryo transfer and they have me on lupron, estrace, vivelle dot and eventually will start the poi. I did have to have a cyst aspiration prior to starting my meds for retrieval and he did a mock transfer.
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He seems to be very knowledgeable and good at his job. I just get the feeling he is too busy and just wants to move his patients along and make that money. Again, as long as I end up with a baby, I don’t care too much but my experience thus far hasn’t been stellar.
Come prepared with all your questions. Ask for all possible avenues your treatment could take and what that means financially. Do as much research as you can ahead of time so you know what to ask.
He did not take the time to explain much to me. All of that is left to the nurses. We had what I would consider a huge change in plan. After my egg retrieval transfer was cancelled and my embryos were frozen due to their concern for OHSS. My retrieval was on a Sunday and I had never been told this was even a possibility until Fri evening when the nurse mentioned “he may want to freeze but he will make the call on Sunday”. Come procedure day I was taken back to the OR before the doctor was even there. I laid on the OR table for almost 25 min, awake, in stirrups before he finally arrived. Very scary and awkward. After the procedure he didn’t mention if we would move forward with the transfer or freeze, I had to bring it up, after I had just woke up from anesthesia. At that point he acted like of course I should know we were going to freeze, with no explanation of what was going on. This resulted in an additional 2600$, plus more med costs we were not prepared for. I had to call the nurse the next day to get an explanation of why we wouldn’t be transferring. I also called he office manager and explained my frustrations with the events. She waived half of the additional procedure fees which was nice, but I never heard from my doctor. I have not yet had my transfer so we will see if things improve, but at this point I do feel like a number. I am a nurse and get that my doctor doesn’t need to give me the warm fuzzies if they do their job well, but with something this serious and emotional I would at least like him to act like he cares.
We began with my husband trying clomid (didn’t work) and then hcg (didn’t work). When we moved on to IVF I was on menopur, gonal, ganirelix and did hcg as my trigger shot. I did ok with all of those. My estrogen level went too high and so after retrieval my transfer was cancelled and embryos frozen. I am now preparing for the frozen embryo transfer and they have me on lupron, estrace, vivelle dot and eventually will start the poi. I did have to have a cyst aspiration prior to starting my meds for retrieval and he did a mock transfer.
I love the nursing staff. They run the show at this clinic. They are efficient, knowledgeable, organized, compassionate and communicate well. Megan and Emily are the absolute best.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
12,000$ for the procedure, 2,650$ for embryo thaw, 250$ for mock transfer, not sure on my meds. My insurance covered 10,000$ of meds so I only came out of pocket about 800$ for meds.
He felt strongly about not transferring more than 2. He does not do embryo reduction at his clinic, I am not sure if that is why he limits his numbers or not.
+ Read more- Read less

When I first met Dr Shamma, I walked out of his clinic with a full diagnosis and a plan. When he learned that I have never had an ultrasound performed, one was done that same day. He gave us different options to try and gave us our chances of conceiving each month. He is very compassionate and took his time explaining the treatment course with us and other treatments that we may decide to u dergo... from the very first visit, and you weren't treated as a number but as a person wanting to have a baby....All labs/ultrasounds go through Dr Shamma...
Everytime we are in the clinic [IVF Michigan] the staff knows our names even without a chart. Always greets us with a handshake....Everytime I go in for my labs, I'm hard to get blood on. They take their time making sure that I'm doing ok. Normally I have 2 nurses at a time drawing my blood. When doing my ultrasounds if they have questions, they go get another nurse for another opinion. ...The front desk staff is wonderful. Once your established as a patient, they immediately transfer you to a nurse if one is available to answer your questions. If one is not you can leave a message. They never try and answer the questions themselves....
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
If you are referred to go see him, go sooner than later. We waited a good 6 months to go see him after being referred, due to being scares. He was very warm and compassionate from the very first visit, and you weren't treated as a number but as a person wanting to have a baby.
Everytime we are in the clinic the staff knows our names even without a chart. Always greets us with a handshake. Once we had our baby we took him to visit with the staff and Dr Shamma couldn’t get to the front lobby fast enough to meet our new bundle of joy!
Femara 5 MG with ovidrel for 3 rounds, he gave us a 10% chance each month of conceiving, which every cycle failed due to my severe PCOS. We are going in for a consult soon to discuss other options such as IVF which he gives us a 75% chance of resulting in a pregnancy. We ended up doing a cycle of IVF and we conceived twins, but I unfortunately miscarried 1 of them but Dr Shamma kept me through my first trimester to make sure there were no complications with the other baby and I’m happy to say that we have a healthy baby now from our fertility treatment
Everytime I go in for my labs, I'm hard to get blood on. They take their time making sure that I'm doing ok. Normally I have 2 nurses at a time drawing my blood. When doing my ultrasounds if they have questions, they go get another nurse for another opinion. All labs/ultrasounds go through Dr Shamma and then they call me later that day with the next step. They would call me during my first trimester to make sure everything was going ok since I was having some complications
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Timed intercourse cost about 600 a round, that's just for the lab/ultrasounds. There is additional costs for the ovidrel which was 85 and 30 something for the femara. Our round of IVF was 12,000 not including medication; which can be anywhere from 3,000-5,000
Our bodies are not meant to carry 5+ babies, he will only implant so many to help ensure that you as his patient is going to be safe. His main concern is his patients

2014 - 2017
Immediately after my transfer, he [Dr. Shamma] took a call from daughter while still in room w me ... and Ifelt that was very unprofressional as I lay there on the table crying. ... He definitely shows compassion but at one point he made a comment that I thought was a little upsetting and kinda turned me off ... I just feel that he has expanded his business so much, it's harder for him to take additional time w patients
Everyone [IVF Michigan] very helpful and willing to explain things and go over billing. ... We live almost 3 hrs away and the office was about to close. Never received a call from them, i had to call them and then they scrambled to make a call then call me back with a time. I ended up being the last pt for the day. I feel like they forgot about me or knew my embryos didn't look promising. ... There was one nurse who was not my favorite, she just rubbed me the wrong way. Was not on top of her game at all.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He definitely shows compassion but at one point he made a comment that I thought was a little upsetting and kinda turned me off.. I do know he is one of the best though, I just feel that he has expanded his business so much, it's harder for him to take additional time w patients
He is good. Ask questions, do your research so that your asking the right questions. And don't hesitate if you don't understand.
For my very first round that resulted in twins.. definitely felt like a person and not just a number. 2yrs later for frozen cycle and then new fresh cycle, felt like a #. Immediately after my transfer, he took a call from daughter while still in room w me and said he was running late to meet her, that he would be there in two minutes. I was already emotional bc my transferred embryo was of poor quality and Ifelt that was very unprofressional as I lay there on the table crying.
I was on a different protocol for my last round. Started to borderline hyperstimulate, my retrieval was a couple days sooner than expected. Had 8 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized, 2 that grew, but never made to tje blastocyst stage.. transferred 1 embryo, which resulted in an ectopic pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Brittany, wasn't assigned to her but had her a lot and loved her. She was my favorite to deal with!)
Very compassionate, made me feel comfortable and answered all questions or found out the answers for me. Always emailed me back promptly. Really appreciative of Brittany
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Looks good. Everyone very helpful and willing to explain things and go over billing. There was one nurse who was not my favorite, she just rubbed me the wrong way. Was not on top of her game at all. The others were great, and very helpful and never made me feel rushed when they were behind schedule
For icsi without genetic testing and freezing of embryos along w one trasfer was around $12k. For my surgeries to make sure no fibroids or anything was around $3-3,500 with anesthesia. For the frozen cycle, that cost $5,600 and for all my meds in state, was at $6,500, overseas around $4,500 roughly. Storage fees for 1 year were $650. Office visits that included ultrasounds were close to $250.00
He strongly urged us to do the genetic testing. We declined bc we had such great luck our very first round with twins. Definitely felt like he was urging the testing for one good embryo transfer. But w/o growing to be a blast, testing wouldnt have happened anyway..and it was an additional $6k on top of my surgeries and fresh cycle.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Shamma viewed our infertility as a "Slam Dunk" for pregnancy. We are young and the problems that we had were fixable with IVF. Once we had 3 failed PGS, good quality embryos transfers - we were put in the "Surrogacy" category. I felt like my Dr. gave up on me without exploring any other options. We became a problem and not a Slam Dunk as he thought... and I am sure, affecting his success numbers.... If you are a researcher, be prepared to feel belittled by your questions.
The clinics [IVF Michigan] in both Saginaw, MI and Detroit, MI were both clean and well organized. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. Pleasant waiting rooms with plenty of reading materials and TV's running.... Those nurses were the best at keeping the "line" moving. All the patients knew the time and if you needed to get out early, you knew to be first in line at the door. I didn't see any problem with monitoring.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
If you are a researcher, be prepared to feel belittled by your questions. I would also recommend asking for all your records. As a patient, you are left in the dark - ie-- when getting bloodwork you will get a call saying "bloodwork is fine" and that is it. It is your right to know the details. You should also know that Dr. Shamma is very by the book and not open to new or unfounded treatments ---even if they only hurt your pocketbook.
We were perceived as a "slam dunk" couple walking through the door. A great candidate for IVF. Once 3 transfers failed, we were immediately moved onto a surrogacy recommendation. I felt like my Dr. had given up on me when I didn't become that slam dunk or helping his success numbers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Borchard)
Both Elizabeth Borchard and Lori McQuinn were absolutely wonderful. They were compassionate, helpful and truly wanted to see the best for me.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinics in both Saginaw, MI and Detroit, MI were both clean and well organized. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. Pleasant waiting rooms with plenty of reading materials and TV's running.
For IVF with PGS testing, it was $22,000

5 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Shamma is a knowledgeable man but he is also extremely busy and he will rush through your appointment if he can, at least that is the way he handled us.... Dr. Shamma treated me like a valid human for the most part. He told us that we had excellent odds for becoming pregnant and being that I had 3 previous miscarriages before being in his care he recommended PGS testing.... We went through with PGS testing and transferred one PGS normal embryo.
Overall we had no major issues with the clinic [IVF Michigan] itself. While I do feel they are overpriced, they are competitive with other clinics in Michigan... The front desk was always helpful in scheduling appointments, etc when I was working with them. I will say that when we went to get another opinion they weren't quick to send over my medical history and it took a couple phone calls to get that completed.... There were a few instances where I had to call MORE THAN ONCE to get results, information and or answers.
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He's very knowledgeable and confident with his approach. He doesn't see you for most ultrasounds/monitoring but is the one doing your major procedures. He was quick to jump to PGS testing even though there is no guarantee, we are young and we don't have any underlying issues family wise. So we trusted his outlook and still miscarried using a PGS normal embryo. I'm not saying he was wrong to push PGS but he wasn't upfront that it could potentially still end in heartbreak. So that came as a shock to us; we wish he would have explained it better.
Do your research, ask a million and two questions. Don't leave the office without being sure of what's to come. Dr. Shamma is a knowledgeable man but he is also extremely busy and he will rush through your appointment if he can, at least that is the way he handled us. So make sure you have your questions ready to go and get them answered. Your time is precious too.
Dr. Shamma treated me like a valid human for the most part. He told us that we had excellent odds for becoming pregnant and being that I had 3 previous miscarriages before being in his care he recommended PGS testing. Which was an additional $5000. We are young, healthy and as far as anyone can tell us we have unexplained infertility. We went through with PGS testing and transferred one PGS normal embryo. Everything was textbook perfect, we ended up pregnant with perfect high and doubling betas. Our first ultrasound at 6 weeks showed the gestational sac and flicker of a heartbeat. It was all downhill after that; Shamma wouldn't give me a copy of that ultrasound and said "you don't want that" and said we will check again a week later. He said he saw some concerning things during the ultrasound like the sac was not very big and something about the baby being too far to the right corner of it? He didn't elaborate and left the room quickly. We were crushed, there's a heartbeat!! The following week we confirmed the heartbeat was gone and I would miscarry. No answers as to why; no compassion. We did a D&C and the embryo came back as normal tissue. Shamma's answer for that was that I'm the problem. I now need a gestational carrier and there is no hope for me to ever carry a baby. He heard that my husband has a sister (with 4 healthy children) and said perfect! He jumped right into that and didn't want to discuss myself carrying after that. He won't use our remaining embryo with me. My SIL is not an option, she won't do it for us. Shamma didn't care to look at other options, said there was nothing more he could do and to come back when we found a Gestational Carrier. That's when I officially felt like a number. He also told us the sex of the miscarried baby, it was female, which we didn't ask to know. We left very disappointed and have now moved on to getting more opinions.
Dr. Shamma used the maximum protocol with us for transfer. He had me on low dose aspirin, 40mg of lovenox daily, estrace, vivelle patch (every 3 days), and progesterone in oil injections. I also was given Amoxicillin the week of transfer and started steroids a few days before and a few days after (5 days total).
The nurses got to know us very well; they communicated with me often and were always quick to call me back. There was one mishap where the new nurse on staff didn't explain everything to me and I didn't know to take my estrace after transfer because she made my calendar up and forgot to include it. I called and questioned it and caught the mistake after 2 days. Dr. Shamma advised that wouldn't have an effect on my pregnancy because I was also on the patch, but i'll never know if that had anything to do with our miscarriage.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Overall we had no major issues with the clinic itself. While I do feel they are overpriced, they are competitive with other clinics in Michigan and Dr. Shamma is very well known so that comes with a higher price tag. The front desk was always helpful in scheduling appointments, etc when I was working with them. I will say that when we went to get another opinion they weren't quick to send over my medical history and it took a couple phone calls to get that completed.
We paid for a multiple cycle treatment - meaning 3 egg retrievals and unlimited transfers (depending on number of eggs) for $21,500. This program did not allow for PGS to be added; so when Dr. Shamma advised we needed PGS testing after 3 miscarriages we had to break contract. We had the remainder of our prepaid money go towards another retrieval and transfer but needed to pay an additional $5000 at that time for PGS. We are now out of funds completely as that last transfer failed; so we ended up having 2 eggs retrievals, 3 transfers (1 of those being PGS).
We asked for single embryo transfer due to PGS testing.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Ayers took the time to review our history/file and then discussed any gaps or wholes he wanted to explore. He validated our feelings/frustrations, but did not make any promises. He gave us options...I saw Dr. Ayers a couple times a week. He would also explain the purpose of the visit and what he hoped to see on my ultrasound.
The nursing staff [at IVF Michigan] is always available by phone. They are very professional and make you feel comfortable during a difficult time...The nursing staff is always available by phone. They are very professional and make you feel comfortable during a difficult time...Dr. Ayers prices seem very reasonable compared to other clinics I researched.
How was your experience with Jonathan Ayers at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
We had quite a few tests completed before consulting with a fertility specialist, Dr. Ayers. At our original consultative appointment, Dr. Ayers took the time to review our history/file and then discussed any gaps or wholes he wanted to explore. He validated our feelings/frustrations, but did not make any promises. He gave us options, which for someone who has difficulty with decision making, was somewhat stressful. For my current treatment program (injections), I saw Dr. Ayers a couple times a week. He would also explain the purpose of the visit and what he hoped to see on my ultrasound.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Ayers at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Ask questions and write down information he provides. He will give you a handout/notes, but it is helpful to have a notetaker as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Ayers at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Ayers took the time to listen to our story and validated our feelings. He was open and honest with our results. As frustrating as it was to be diagnosed with unexplained infertility, he was very thorough in explaining our test results and options.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Ayers used in your cycles at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
My current treatment is controlled ovulation stimulation. I am currently on Gonal F injections and then a trigger shot to stimulate ovulation.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic is organized and easy to schedule an appointment with. Working a full time job, they were always able to fit me into their schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Ayers at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Fortunately, my insurance covers 80% of my costs. However, Dr. Ayers prices seem very reasonable compared to other clinics I researched.
Describe Jonathan Ayers's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jonathan Ayers at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
I feel that Dr. Shamma is capable and very knowledgeable. His bedside manner is direct and confident. He will not offer false hope and that's positive. He is a very busy doctor and unfortunately there are moments that can cause you to feel like he's rushing or just done with your appointment before you feel like you are....I had an egg donor. So my protocol was for transfer only. I started on birth control pills the month prior to transfer to sync my cycle with my donor. At that time I had a saline ultrasound, which showed a polyp. I was scheduled for a surgery the following week to have that removed.
The staff at the clinic [IVF Michigan] was great!...Betsy and Lori were amazing! At times they gave a bit too much information so that you felt a bit confused when you got home. However, they are more than available if you have a question and need to call them. It would have been helpful to have a binder or big folder so that we could have the information with us....I had an egg donor. So my protocol was for transfer only....Very close to 20,000$
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Be prepared for anything.
I had an egg donor. So my protocol was for transfer only. I started on birth control pills the month prior to transfer to sync my cycle with my donor. At that time I had a saline ultrasound, which showed a polyp. I was scheduled for a surgery the following week to have that removed. I began estradiol and a low dose aspirin. I also took a multivitamin with higher folic acid in it. The day of my donors retrieval I began progesterone and oil injections. I also began taking steroid pills. I took those 3 times a day, 5 pills each time. Dr. Shamma uses this as a burst for your immune system. This was one of the most difficult parts. The steroids had many side affects for me. At transfer, we had 2 eggs put back, I continued with the progesterone and oil injections, also added in the blood thinner injection in my stomach. Can not think of the name. Also, 5 days of an antibiotic. This was to prevent any infection from the transfer. My blood was checked regularly. And my levels were always good. Unfortunately, my procedure did not result in a positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Betsy )
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The staff at the clinic was great!
Very close to 20,000$

5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Ayers does all of your ultrasounds and explains what he is seeing on the screen in depth. He meets with you after to discuss and answer questions. You see him every step of the way....Dr. Ayers has wonderful bedside manner and explains each step in depth. He will answer your questions and meet with you at every appointment besides the bloodwork. You know exactly what the next steps are before they are taken. He does speak very quickly so I recommend bringing paper and taking notes so you can go back over them.
The ladies at the front desk [at IVF MI] are helpful and compassionate...Only issues have been when trying to get a receipt for our Cycle payment I was told they couldn't give me a receipt until after our first round...Also when booking an appointment in advance for the next month you have to wait until the calendar is open and there's no set date for them to open it...There are many nurses so I don't always see the same one. They are all super friendly, compassionate and know my information.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jonathan Ayers at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Ayers has wonderful bedside manner and explains each step in depth. He will answer your questions and meet with you at every appointment besides the bloodwork. You know exactly what the next steps are before they are taken. He does speak very quickly so I recommend bringing paper and taking notes so you can go back over them. Don't be afraid to have him explain a few times if you don't understand. Also bring your spouse or someone with you so you have another set of ears. It's helped my spouse to feel part of the process and be able to ask his own questions too.
Take notes and ask him if you don't understand something.
Our first IVF cycle consisted of birth control pills for the month prior, then initial bloodwork/US for a baseline. Then I did stims for 10-12 days with 2 ultrasounds during this to watch my follicle size. Once they were the size recommended (18-22mm) I gave myself a trigger shot 36 hours prior to retrieval. For retrieval I was placed under anesthesia and they removed 14 follicles, 9 were fertilized, 7 matured, 5 made it to day 5. We transferred 2 on day 5 and froze 3. I was put on bed rest for 2 days. I had started progesterone shots the day of retrieval and estrace pills for my lining. We got a Positive frer and blood test 9 days after transfer. Bloodwork was under 40 HCG and the next test it was down to 7. We ended that cycle with a chemical pregnancy.
There are many nurses so I don't always see the same one. They are all super friendly, compassionate and know my information. They know why I am there and what the next step is, which is unlike other clinics I've been with.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The ladies at the front desk are helpful and compassionate. It's always the same two ladies working there. Only issues have been when trying to get a receipt for our Cycle payment I was told they couldn't give me a receipt until after our first round. (We paid for 3 IVF cycles). I had to keep asking for a receipt and wait for someone to process our first cycle through insurance (which doesn't cover anything) before getting a receipt. Also when booking an appointment in advance for the next month you have to wait until the calendar is open and there's no set date for them to open it. I had to keep calling back.
We paid $23,500 for 3 cycles of IVF. That's 3 fresh cycles and unlimited frozen cycles (depending on what my body produces). You have to use the frozen embryos up before you move to the next fresh cycle. Ultrasounds and bloodwork is covered by my insurance. The medications have also been covered by my insurance.
Dr Ayers doesn't have a preference on single vs multiple embryo transfer based on our specific situation. He advised we could transfer two so that's what we did.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Dr Hammoud and his team were very considerate of my feelings and needs!...I was in a lot of pain after the retrieval. Doctor Hammoud excused himself from another patient when he heard how upset I was and took charge to get my pain managed.... Dr Hammoud was a little pushy when it came to moving towards IVF , but other than that he was wonderful. He explained everything very well and was willing to answer any and all questions we had.
I had a great experience with the clinic [IVF Michigan] and would definitely recommend them! Deana was wonderfully informative and supportive and Dr Hammoud was a great physician who was very professional and informative!!... I went in the morning and typically arrived right when the clinic opened. I usually didnt have to wait more than 30 minutes to be taken back for my monitoring or bloodwork!... We had infertility coverage. It was a couple thousand dollars.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr Hammoud was a little pushy when it came to moving towards IVF , but other than that he was wonderful. He explained everything very well and was willing to answer any and all questions we had. I had a rough time after my retrieval and Dr Hammoud immediately intervened and got my pain under control!
I would recommend that you go into your consult very sure of what you're willing to do as your next step and stand your ground. Dr. Hammoud means well but can be a little pushy in regards to moving towards IVF.
Dr Hammoud and his team were very considerate of my feelings and needs! Deana was our nurse and she was so kind and caring and answered any and all questions we had during the process. I was in a lot of pain after the retrieval. Doctor Hammoud excused himself from another patient when he heard how upset I was and took charge to get my pain managed.
We did a pretty standard cycle of Menopur, Gonal F, Centrotide, with Progesterone and Estradiol. We did a retrieval and 5 day transfer. It was successful and we have a sweet boy thanks to IVF Mi and Dr Hammoud!
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Deana)
Deana was amazing. She supported us every step of the way and was very encouraging and informative! We could not have asked for a better nurse!
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
I had a great experience with the clinic and would definitely recommend them! Deana was wonderfully informative and supportive and Dr Hammoud was a great physician who was very professional and informative!!
We had infertility coverage. It was a couple thousand dollars.
He recommended 1 because of our situation. But said he would do 2 if we wanted.
+ Read more- Read less

I saw Dr. Cottrell of IVF Michigan. I really liked her, but I feel as if I am having to fight very hard for what tests & procedures that I feel would be beneficial to know. I understand that they see patients like me every day, but I would love to feel as if I am being treated on my specific issues & not just as another person with reoccurring loss.... I feel as if I was being treated out of a textbook & not patient based. I had to fight for what I believed in.
I don’t think there is a particular weakness of this clinic [IVF Michigan]. I just think a new patient needs to understand that this process is normally not quick & it does require that you need to be an advocate for yourself. This is a process where you need to do your research & understand your own medical history.... [Nursing Staff] Kind- but numb to this sort of thing. Helpful & responsive.... I feel as if I was being treated out of a textbook & not patient based.
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Again - I see Dr. Cottrell of IVF Michigan. There is not a choice to review her. I would say go in aggressive & let them know exactly where you stand. If you gut is saying you need further testing - than read up on it & go in with facts & feelings!
I felt in the middle. I feel as if I was being treated out of a textbook & not patient based. I had to fight for what I believed in.
Miscarriage 1- no treatment Miscarriage two- 3 different diagnosis . 1 chemical / ectopic & then ultimately a pregnancy of unknown location. Followed by water sono- revealed polyp HSG - tubes clear Hysterscopy- remove polyp Blood test - homozygous for pai 4g/5g ( lovonox ) Metformin for glucose Progesterone Trouble conceiving this time around.
Kind- but numb to this sort of thing. Helpful & responsive.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
I don’t think there is a particular weakness of this clinic. I just think a new patient needs to understand that this process is normally not quick & it does require that you need to be an advocate for yourself. This is a process where you need to do your research & understand your own medical history.
I had a lot of bills & do remember the costs at all.

PCOS, Other
Dr Shamma is very knowledgeable, and he will answer all of your questions. However, he is very quick and straight to the point.... he tends to use big terms, so you have to remind him to break it down a little better for you.... When my husband and I experienced our miscarriage, he was truly empathetic to our situation. He opened up about his experience with his wife with infertility.... When something doesn’t work, he was quick to move to the next option.
The clinic [IVF Michigan] was just remodeled so it is super fresh and clean. The equipment is up to date. The staff is excellent. Never had a single moment where they weren’t happy or helpful. They are quick to get you checked in and out. Can pay bills in person or through mail. Quick to have things faxed. Overall great clinic.... Kathy was there for multiple ultrasounds, explaining things, and was truly helpful with the miscarriage.
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
As I previously said, Dr Shamma is very knowledgeable. He has an extensive educational back ground and he is well known in the state of Michigan for his clinic. He will answer all of your questions, he seems to genuinely care. When my husband and I experienced our miscarriage, he was truly empathetic to our situation. He opened up about his experience with his wife with infertility. He truly was sorry, and only wanted what was best for us.
Because Dr Shamma is so knowledgeable, he tends to use big terms, so you have to remind him to break it down a little better for you.
When something doesn’t work, he was quick to move to the next option. Which I liked, my husband and I have been trying for four years to have a child, and I didn’t want to play a guessing game or wait around to hope something might work. Moving on to the next option was what I wanted! I saw Dr Ayers for six months before he retired and then switched to Dr Shamma. They both had strict plans, and laid it out perfectly so that it was easy to follow. I did two rounds of Femara, the first round I was not able to make it to the office for the ultrasound, so I did another round, on this ultrasound the eggs weren’t growing like they’d hoped, so we moved on to the next option. We tried femara with I jectable hormones, and I got pregnant with twins. Unfortunately at ten weeks I had a miscarriage, but this is where Dr Shamma and the whole staff were so gracious. The nurse, Kathy, told me day or night to call her even if I just needed to cry. When we were ready to try again, we went back and Dr Shamma had the next plan for us. Because I have Factor V Leiden, he wanted to do IVF to ensure only one egg was implanted because he thought twins or greater would be too stressful for my body and I would possibly miscarry again. So this is where we, getting financing for IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy was there for multiple ultrasounds, explaining things, and was truly helpful with the miscarriage. She made herself available to me day or night, for anything, to ask questions or to simply even cry.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic was just remodeled so it is super fresh and clean. The equipment is up to date. The staff is excellent. Never had a single moment where they weren’t happy or helpful. They are quick to get you checked in and out. Can pay bills in person or through mail. Quick to have things faxed. Overall great clinic.
My insurance was actually very good. I only ever paid my copay, which was $40 per visit. The prescriptions were very inexpensive as well. We received paperwork regarding the IVF cycle and costs associated. It was broken down line by line indicating what each dollar was allocated to.
As I said before, I have Factor V Leiden. This is a bleeding disorder that causes clotting. Pregnancy is a hypercoagulating state, and the more babies you carry, the greater your risk is. With the bleeding disorder the risk is even higher. So with the single embryo transfer, we were able to guarantee obviously only one embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr Shamma] introduced himself gave us his background he went over our file and was very thorough with asking questions. He then went over a couple of options and he wanted us to know it was completely our choice and was very detailed. He was compassionate and caring and easy to talk to. He is very efficient...told us in the beginning that the clomid was a low chance with my pcos but still he was ok with us trying that option and supported us...
The nursing staff [at IVF Michigan] was very helpful and compassionate. They were very knowledgeable and helped anyway they could...Total for IVF without prescription costs $11,130 this was including a $2000 discount for law enforcement...The clinic’s Dr and staff work well together and help one another. They are all very friendly and compassionate. The clinic’s office makes you feel welcomed. You feel like you’ve known all of them for awhile they take the time and ask you questions and make sure you have everything you need. Any time you phone them you get your answer in a timely manner. I wouldn’t say there are any weaknesses.
European, Latino, Native American
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
The first time meeting Dr Shamma I was scared of what he was going to tell me. He introduced himself gave us his background he went over our file and was very thorough with asking questions. He then went over a couple of options and he wanted us to know it was completely our choice and was very detailed. He was compassionate and caring and easy to talk to. He is very efficient.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t understand he will explain everything and if you don’t understand he will help with understanding. He is very friendly and compassionate. The office treats you as human being and not just another number coming through. You feel welcomed and it is a relief.
Dr Shamma and his staff are very caring and take the time with each patient. They listen to you, explain to their fullest, give suggestions and ask for your personal opinion to help you along the difficult journey.
When we first met with Dr Shamma he had given us 2 options. One was try clomid with an injection. The second option was directly to IVF. With the price and the money we had at the time we chose option one trying the clomid and injection but I was never able to try the injection in all 3 times I tried. Dr Shamma told us in the beginning that the clomid was a low chance with my pcos but still he was ok with us trying that option and supported us.
The nursing staff was very helpful and compassionate. They were very knowledgeable and helped anyway they could.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Retrieval cost $8400 or $8900 if over 10 eggs. Transfer fee $2730 freeze and storage up to 4 $550(if pre-paid) or $850. Total for IVF without prescription costs $11,130 this was including a $2000 discount for law enforcement
+ Read more- Read less

I absolutely love Dr. Shamma. He was very truthful and knowledgeable. I always felt 100% at ease with him....He was very personable and had great bed side manners.... IVF with ICSi was our only option. My tubes are blocked and my husbands sperm quality and quantity were on the low end. I was on medication and injections. On retrieval day, Dr. Shamma retrieved 2 eggs. 1 turned into an embryo and was transferred on day 5. Today I have a beautiful spunky little girl.
The staff at IVF Mi were not the friendliest. Many times I would call due to an issue and have to wait 2-3 days before I got a return phone call.... Strengths: clean and modern environment, knowledgeable doctors who have great bedside manners Weakness: office staff is not organized, nurses can be somewhat rude, wait time are long even when you have an appointment
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
I absolutely love Dr. Shamma. He was very truthful and knowledgeable. I always felt 100% at ease with him. What I appreciate the most and what I will always remember is my day of transfer with Dr. Shamma. I was really nervous on the day of the transfer, and I only had 1 embryo. Dr. Shamma said a prayer for me before the transfer and stayed by my side to help comfort my husband and I. He went above and beyond to ensure that we understood every step he was taking.
Be patient when dealing with the nurses and staff. They are not the friendliest; however, Dr. Shamma is worth it!
The staff at IVF Mi were not the friendliest. Many times I would call due to an issue and have to wait 2-3 days before I got a return phone call. When I went in for monitoring, I felt like the interactions I had with the nurses were automated. However, besides the nurses and office staff, Dr. Shamma is amazing. He was very personable and had great bed side manners.
I felt like the nursing staff was not the most approachable group of people. This is probably because they are inadated with work. Many times I would call for help and not get a call back until 2-3 days.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
My husband and I paid for the guaranteed program that covered 3 fresh rounds and 3 frozen rounds. It was $19,950 plus $300 for anesthesia for each retrieval’s. Luckily, we got our baby the 1st time.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Our IVF [with Dr. Nicholas Shamma] resulted in a pregnancy but unfortunately ended in miscarriage a few weeks later...allowed me to ask any questions and he answered them and took the time doing so. He’s in this business for the right reasons!...made this rather difficult process, as easy as he possibly could. He thoroughly explained things, asked if we were okay and comfortable and never left us in the dark. He had compassion over what was a difficult decision for us to make and didn’t try to sway us one way or another.
[The staff at IVF Michigan were] Kind, caring, compassionate! Helpful in explaining things to you. Quick wait times most of the time at each appointment. Billing was confusing but otherwise overall care at the clinic was outstanding!...Our primary nurse was amazing as well as the other nurse we had! The only issue we had with the clinic was the office manager. She was short to talk with and feisty and didn’t explain much with the billing so we were often left confused and needing more money than we anticipated that day.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Shamma made this rather difficult process, as easy as he possibly could. He thoroughly explained things, asked if we were okay and comfortable and never left us in the dark. He had compassion over what was a difficult decision for us to make and didn’t try to sway us one way or another.
Ask questions. He doesn’t hold anything back from you! You are your own worst enemy if you don’t ask to know the entire process!
Dr. Shamma allowed me to ask any questions and he answered them and took the time doing so. He’s in this business for the right reasons!
We used donor eggs due to a genetic condition. Our donor and myself were synced together to match our cycles. When she went for retrieval my husband and I went down so my husband could leave his semen to be put with the eggs. The embryos were allowed to grow for a few days and then transferred into me. Our IVF resulted in a pregnancy but unfortunately ended in miscarriage a few weeks later.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Kind, caring, compassionate! Helpful in explaining things to you. Quick wait times most of the time at each appointment. Billing was confusing but otherwise overall care at the clinic was outstanding! We have referred several friends there and they have had great success as well.
Do not remember
He advised us to transfer two only and no more than that.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Hammoud] was always kind and patient with us, answering all questions. He always had an optimistic way of talking about our treatment which always gave us the hope we needed when investing this much money...Getting through to speak to my doctor ... never seemed easy....He was always patient with our questions...I felt at times results could have been reported in a more prompt manner.
I think this clinic [IVF Michigan] has weaknesses with the reception. Getting through to speak to my doctor or nurse never seemed easy. I have moved States since and had a lot of trouble having notes forwarded etc. everything seems to take weeks...[nurses] Always efficient, at times I felt it was hurried and I had to ask a question for something to be explained. But they were always kind and encouraging
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He was always kind and patient with us, answering all questions. He always had an optimistic way of talking about our treatment which always gave us the hope we needed when investing this much money.
Advocate for your self at all times, always ask questions and make sure your understanding of everything is clear. His advice stands for all fertility doctors though really. He was always patient with our questions
It was hard to get a hold of anyone or get through the office receptionist. The phones were always turned off after 4pm. I felt at times results could have been reported in a more prompt manner.
I was placed on SQ injectables, menopur and gonal f for 5 days. Then I started cetrotide until trigger. During the 3-4 wait while the PGS testing was done I was on SQ Lipton and oral estrace tablets three times a day. Then I did 10 weeks of IM progesterone shots. My one treatment was successful and resulted in a healthy baby boy
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
I think this clinic has weaknesses with the reception. Getting through to speak to my doctor or nurse never seemed easy. I have moved States since and had a lot of trouble having notes forwarded etc. everything seems to take weeks.
We paid total around $23,000+ I don’t recall a specific break down. But roughly broken down: I believe the IVF was around $9,000 Medications $5,000 Transfer $3000 PGS $5,000 Misc. (labs, anesthesia etc) $1,500
We did a single embryo transfer which was successful
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Ayers never attempted to find the cause of our low sperm count, despite my requests to cure the problem, not just the symptom (that we couldn't get pregnant). He saw the sperm count test result and went immediately to IVF.... Dr. Ayers is well experienced and always seemed knowledgeable. No matter what happened throughout our cycle, he was always confident. I think he attempts to be compassionate; he said all the right words when our cycle failed,
The clinic's [IVF MI] scheduling is difficult. They are open M-F from 8-4, closing for lunch 12-1. These hours make it difficult if you also work M-F and don't want to take time off work for appointments. They also schedule appointments in sequence - if you want/need an appointment on Thursday, you get the first time slot available on that day. If they have an opening at 10, that time will be your appointment, even though their afternoon schedule is still open.
How was your experience with Jonathan Ayers at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Ayers is well experienced and always seemed knowledgeable. No matter what happened throughout our cycle, he was always confident. I think he attempts to be compassionate; he said all the right words when our cycle failed, but it always felt very insincere to us and lacked a true feeling of empathy. His lack of interest in correcting the cause of our infertility made us feel like it was all about the money. We continued to see Dr. Ayers in spite of all this because of his extensive experience and success rates. I can recommend him not because I enjoyed being his patient, but because he helped us achieve the dream against all odds.
If you need someone to make you feel better, or to feel like you're their only patient, or to feel like they do this job to actually help you achieve your goals instead of for success rates and money, this is not your doctor. But if you don't care about the process but more about the results, like we did, I never doubted Dr. Ayers knew exactly what he was doing every step of the way. I actually took some comfort in feeling a little like a number with Dr. Ayers; he clearly sees hundreds of patients so he has experience and I wouldn't want my cycle to be someone's first practice round.
We did IVF with ICSI. ICSI was necessary due to the extremely low sperm count. Beyond that, no other strategies were discussed. Our fresh cycle produced 17 follicles, 14 mature eggs, 11 fertilized, 6 survived to day 5. We transferred 2 (although Dr. Ayers never offered to transfer any other number and we did not ask) with no pregnancy. We did a frozen transfer 5 months later. They had to thaw all 4 remaining embryos to transfer 2, one implanted and became our healthy daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Cathy Bamrick)
Nurse Cathy is my favorite. She has the compassion Dr. Ayers seems to lack. I even asked her if she could be at the egg retrieval surgery, which was done at another location. She has a positive energy, without being unrealistic and feeding you false hope. She has such a calming presence and does a quick and clean blood draw. She was always patient with questions, injection training and even the after-hours calls.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic's scheduling is difficult. They are open M-F from 8-4, closing for lunch 12-1. These hours make it difficult if you also work M-F and don't want to take time off work for appointments. They also schedule appointments in sequence - if you want/need an appointment on Thursday, you get the first time slot available on that day. If they have an opening at 10, that time will be your appointment, even though their afternoon schedule is still open. We could not book an appointment later in the day when they had an earlier opening. Their hours and appointment times were highly inconvenient.
Fresh cycle (not including meds) was $11650, including ICSI. The frozen cycle was about $3500.
Dr. Ayers never offered or discussed eSET. He recommended transferring 2 and having done research on our own, I agreed.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Hammoud] gave me the information I needed to know, but was still considerate of my feelings and emotions.... He was very honest with me about my chances and what the best course of action would be. He explained everything very well and I was very involved with being able to see what was happening and fully understand it.... We used menopur to stimulate, and the goal was to do several cycles to retrieve a good number of eggs before fertilizing (quality over quantity) as I have diminished ovarian reserv
The equipment was top of the line. Staff [IVF Michigan] was very accommodating and compassionate.... I was supposed to get a call the day after egg retrieval to let us know what the outcome was. Somehow they forgot to call us. However, when I called to check on it, a staff member went back in after hours to look and tell me the results, which was great.... I believe the entire procedure (stimulation, retrieval, transfer) was about $12,000. Medication was additional
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He was very honest with me about my chances and what the best course of action would be. He explained everything very well and I was very involved with being able to see what was happening and fully understand it. We ended up having even better results than he had anticipated! The only downfall I would say is at times, his accent made it difficult to understand him.
He is very honest with you and explains things out thoroughly so that you understand 100% what is going on every step of the way.
He gave me the information I needed to know, but was still considerate of my feelings and emotions.
We used menopur to stimulate, and the goal was to do several cycles to retrieve a good number of eggs before fertilizing (quality over quantity) as I have diminished ovarian reserve. However, we were able to retrieve 5 eggs in that first cycle, so we decided to go ahead and fertilize and start the process right away.
They were always very friendly and willing to explain what they were seeing on ultrasound and what the game plan was. They were so sympathetic and gentle with me, which is so important as all of us going through infertility treatments are in such a fragile emotional state.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The equipment was top of the line. Staff was very accommodating and compassionate. The only thing I wish was different is the location as there was no easy way to get there for me, but that is an individual need and not something that all patients would have to deal with.
I believe the entire procedure (stimulation, retrieval, transfer) was about $12,000. Medication was additional but we were lucky to have our insurance cover most of that cost, so that came to around $600. Then follow up labwork and ultrasounds were additional, and I believe those added up to around $2000
I only had 2 embryos that were viable at the time of transfer, and he allowed me to decide if I wanted to transfer one or both. It had been explained to me earlier that transferring both gave me a better chance of conceiving, so I went with that option.

2 IUI, IVF
Dr Shamma is not only an extremely smart, knowledgeable and skilled doctor but he is also a kind human being. He treats every patient with respect and shows empathy if he has to give you news that you dont want to hear. ... Dr Shamma was open and honest about the route we needed to take. He didn't try and talk over our heads, he explained everything exquisitely and was very kind. ...
The only weakness I can think of is it can be hard to get scheduled as a new patient because they [IVF Michigan] are very busy. But again, this is not a bad thing. ... Be patient and wait for them, I'm glad I did! ... I think the only weakness I can say is the nursing staff cares too much but that is not a bad thing, at least for the patients. I could sit here all day and list their strengths. They are knowledgeable, skilled, kind, and real. We loved all the nurses.
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr Shamma is not only an extremely smart, knowledgeable and skilled doctor but he is also a kind human being. He treats every patient with respect and shows empathy if he has to give you news that you dont want to hear. I cannot thank him enough for everything he has done for us.
Though Dr Shamma is highly skilled, he ultimately isnt God, so if God forbid he is unable to help, it's not his fault. He truly goes above and beyond and if it is possible, he is the dr to help make it happen.
It has been a few years but after testing but before IVF, I had a hysteroscopy to help clear my uterus of any polyps or fibroids. Then started a cycle of injections twice a day for 2 weeks. Us and bloodwork every 2-3 days during that time with adjustments to meds if necessary. Then egg retrieval and injections of progesterone. Day 5 embryo transfer and blood work 2 weeks after for positive/negative pregnancy test. I know there was more but it's been a cpl years.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The only weakness I can think of is it can be hard to get scheduled as a new patient because they are very busy. But again, this is not a bad thing. They are busy because they are the best!!! Be patient and wait for them, I'm glad I did!
2012 - 2013
I'd been rejected by another local RE Clinic because I am a single woman. I was afraid that Dr. Hammoud might judge me, too. But that was very far from the case. He was kind, soft-spoken, and supportive. Dr. Hammoud was personally involved in every step of my care from doing the ultrasounds himself, to contacting me on the weekend to let me know how my blasts we're doing. I always felt that he was giving me his best effort, and never felt that he was rushing to see another patient.
At the time, Dr. Hammoud was at a clinic in Utah. The nursing staff was tremendous, supportive, and all around wonderful.... At the same time, I firmly believe that if things hadn't worked, I would know in my heart that he did everything he could reasonaby do. Furthermore, I know he attends RE conferences, and keeps abreast of latest research and studies in his field.
2012 - 2013
European, Other
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Ahmad Hammoud, MD is a kind, supportive, personally-involved RE. I can never thank him enough for helping me have a child. At the same time, I firmly believe that if things hadn't worked, I would know in my heart that he did everything he could reasonaby do. Furthermore, I know he attends RE conferences, and keeps abreast of latest research and studies in his field.
He is kind & trustworthy--and not at all pushy. If he recommends that you take the next step, trust that he isn't trying to get a bigger paycheck -- he's doing what he believes is right for you.
I don't remember specifics except that he recommended supplements: Pregnitude, L-Arginine, DHEA, Coenzyme Q 10, Melatonin. My Egg Retrieval protocol used multiple meds, but I can't remember what, except Gonal F, and Saizen. I know there were more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Lee Cherie )
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Again, at the time I was his patient, Dr. Hammoud was in a clinic in Utah. The clinic and staff at the time was great: friendly, organized, prompt, great at returning phone calls, emails, etc.
I really was hoping for twins, due to my age (41/42) and the financial burden of multiple IVF cycles. He was open about his recommendation for a Single ET (he was concerned about the risks to both babies & mom of twin pregnancy and for the stress if caring for twins as a single mom); nontheless, he was agreeable to my desire for double embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Cottrell was super knowledgeable...she did speak quickly so we did need to stop her and have her elaborate some things but when we did she made sure to explain it in a way we could understand. During procedures she was caring and made sure to check in frequently to make sure i was doing ok...The amount of information this Dr. gives you is a little overwhelming but write as much as you can down and ask all of the questions you have.
Suggestions to a new patient [of IVF Michigan] are to ask questions. Sometimes i felt like there was just a lot going on and things kind of got shadowed over but they so make up for it in their attitudes. Everyone we spoke with was warm and welcoming. They really made us feel so good going through this not so good situation...The only procedure i have had so far is an ultrasound and mock transfer. This was used to tell if my tubes needed to be removed. It was a very quick and i was given information up front to keep it from being painful.
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr Cottrell was super knowledgeable. Like i said previously she did speak quickly so we did need to stop her and have her elaborate some things but when we did she made sure to explain it in a way we could understand. During procedures she was caring and made sure to check in frequently to make sure i was doing ok.
Take lots of notes. The amount of information this Dr. gives you is a little overwhelming but write as much as you can down and ask all of the questions you have.
Dr Cottrell was very welcoming. She did rush a little in consultation but i think she just may talk fast in general because when we stopped her to ask questions she made sure to help us understand everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Fausett Sebrell, RN)
Lindsey was amazing. She was so upbeat and enthusiastic. I loved the way she made us feel welcome as soon as we met her. She is a true asset to this team.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Suggestions to a new patient are to ask questions. Sometimes i felt like there was just a lot going on and things kind of got shadowed over but they so make up for it in their attitudes. Everyone we spoke with was warm and welcoming. They really made us feel so good going through this not so good situation
we were quoted around $15,000 plus medication and anesthesia.

PCOS, Unexplained
Well-spoken and knowledgeable about all aspects but could not explain my infertility and why I continually have miscarriages within the same time periods of each pregnancy. ... With IVF, Dr. Hammoud had added estrogen, progesterone, blood thinners, aspirin, and steriods to help with possible immune issues. ... The only part of Dr. Hammoud's services that was covered by insurance was the ultrasounds and bloodwork.
The clinic's front desk team [IVF Michigan] was great in correspondance and always willing to help. The clinic was great at offering me payment plans and being understanding with any extra costs. I feel that they could be a bit more knowledgeable with what is going on when you call to ask a question. ... I feel that some "extra fees" that I had to paid could have been reduced if the clinic choose different companies (anesthesia services).
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Well-spoken and knowledgeable about all aspects but could not explain my infertility and why I continually have miscarriages within the same time periods of each pregnancy. I feel that some "extra fees" that I had to paid could have been reduced if the clinic choose different companies (anesthesia services).
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
It seems they just kept asking for more money to do more and more procedures that may or may not have helped with my situation.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic's front desk team was great in correspondance and always willing to help. The clinic was great at offering me payment plans and being understanding with any extra costs. I feel that they could be a bit more knowledgeable with what is going on when you call to ask a question.
Once the office moved to a larger space and they hired a larger nursing staff, things ran much more smoothly.
The only part of Dr. Hammoud's services that was covered by insurance was the ultrasounds and bloodwork. I feel that everything else was a bit pricey. My round of IVF cost roughly $19,000 without the cost of medications or PGS testing of embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Nicholas Shamma] was very passionate about ivf working for us. He also explained and wrote down exactly what we needed to do and what we could expect for the next step in our infertility process. We had seen 3 other fertility doctors before Dr. Shamma and he instantly knew I had pcos and instantly started me on metformin... He told his personal story of ivf and just made us feel like we had hope.
The clinic [IVF Michigan- Saginaw] is in a remote location from where I live. I just wish they can do egg retrieval and transfers right at the Saginaw location as oppose to driving to Bloomfield. But all ultrasounds and blood work are done alin Saginaw.. They [the nursing staff] are very understanding. Anytime I've had a question I would just call and they would be glad to answer/help with anything.
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He was very passionate about ivf working for us. He also explained and wrote down exactly what we needed to do and what we could expect for the next step in our infertility process. We had seen 3 other fertility doctors before Dr. Shamma and he instantly knew I had pcos and instantly started me on metformin.
I would highly recommend him and his office. Infertility can be a long process in itself so be sure to ask questions so you can closure on what your curious qbout. Dr. Shamma and his staff are more than willing to explain everything step by step so there is no question or doubt.
He told his personal story of ivf and just made us feel like we had hope.
I have not started the IVF process (shots, ultrasounds, blood work etc) yet. They do have an estimated egg retrieval day expecting my period to start on a certain day.
They are very understanding. Anytime I've had a question I would just call and they would be glad to answer/help with anything.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic is in a remote location from where I live. I just wish they can do egg retrieval and transfers right at the Saginaw location as oppose to driving to Bloomfield. But all ultrasounds and blood work are done alin Saginaw.
Treatment costs were about $15,000. Not including any medication.
He did not have a preference on how many embryos to transfer but did say that if we transferred two we would have better chances than if we just transferred one.
+ Read more- Read less

Met with him [Dr. Ahmad Hammoud] twice. Our consult after 4 failed iui’s was brief and didn't even seem like the conversation was finished. He’s a nice man and everything, I just felt like I was looked over. After the third failed iui I feel like he should’ve tried something different.... There really wasn’t a strategy in my opinion. It was letrizol for 5 days each time and the result was the same. Then the fifth time he did a very low dose of gonal. Result was the same.
This clinic [IVF Michigan- Macomb] overall just isn’t for me. I wish they would’ve taken more time with my case or looked into it better. We don’t have a lot of sperm left now and basically are having to start over. I think that a new patient should be well researched before starting this process. There are so many things that can happen. It’s best to be well informed.... The nurses there are pretty good. One better than the other. I think because we went though iui with my wife, they thought I would just remember everything so they weren’t very informative. I asked a lot of questions. Overall they were pretty good.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
There really isn’t much to say about it. Met with him twice. Our consult after 4 failed iui’s was brief and didn't even seem like the conversation was finished. He’s a nice man and everything, I just felt like I was looked over. After the third failed iui I feel like he should’ve tried something different.
Do your research and cover all the basis.
I was put through 5 cycles with only a slight change on the 5th round of iui. I feel like I wasn’t really monitored.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
I think I pretty much covered it previously. This clinic overall just isn’t for me. I wish they would’ve taken more time with my case or looked into it better. We don’t have a lot of sperm left now and basically are having to start over. I think that a new patient should be well researched before starting this process. There are so many things that can happen. It’s best to be well informed.
750 dollars for each iui not including ultrasounds and blood work. As well as having to pay 180.00 for the very quick consult. I’d say we have easily paid well over 8k

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Only 1 embryo transferred due to having PGS completed [with Dr. Cottrell]...She was genuinely interested in our every day life, laughed with us, was there if we had any questions even if after hours...From the very beginning at our consultation, Dr. Cottrell explained every step very clearly so we understood. She was compassionate and down to earth. She definitely eased my anxiety and also comforted me when I was feeling very overwhelmed before my egg retrieval. She took the time to sit with me to help calm my nerves.
ICSI was done as well as PGS [at IVF Michigan]. FET completed 1 month later due to needing hysteroscopy for further exploration. 1st FET successful. Both male and female infertility issues...Brittany [nurse] was quick to respond, compassionate and very personable!...Total for egg retrieval, hysteroscopy, PGS and transfer and meds $25000...I do not have anything bad to say about them. EVERYONE was wonderful and accommodating. They definitely care about their patients. Even do follow up calls to see how the pregnancy and birth went. We received a lovely card and a onesie for our baby as well as them inviting us back to see the baby.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
You will be in great hands!!
6 weeks birth control, 225 iu Gonal F, 1 vial Menopur for 5 days then increased to 2 vial Menopur for day 6 ,7 and 8, along with .25mg cetrotide and decreased to 150 iu Gonal F. Trigger shot and luprolide on day 8. ICSI was done as well as PGS. FET completed 1 month later due to needing hysteroscopy for further exploration. 1st FET successful. Both male and female infertility issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
Brittany was quick to respond, compassionate and very personable!
Total for egg retrieval, hysteroscopy, PGS and transfer and meds $25000
Only 1 embryo transferred due to having PGS completed

2012 - 2018
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
[Dr. Nicholas Shamma] insisted, based on evidence, on using Intracytoplasmic sperm injection for all the eggs as he found it more beneficial...For our first fresh cycle, he suggested implanting two embryos because of the timing but warned us about the risk of multiples. On our second frozen transfer he suggested we only transfer one embryo as it was easier to plan the timing and therefore get a higher success rate with a single embryo...spent a good amount of time taking with us about the the process and explaining why he was doing what he was doing. He was up-front and honest and even gave us his cell number so we could call if we had any questions. He never hurried or pressured us in any way
Everyone at the clinic [IVF Michigan] is friendly and treat you like a person. we never had to wait very long for appointment and they were always on top of everything...They [nurses] were all very pleasant and efficient. No complaints...[Dr. Nicholas Shamma] insisted, based on evidence, on using Intracytoplasmic sperm injection for all the eggs as he found it more beneficial...For our first fresh cycle, he suggested implanting two embryos because of the timing but warned us about the risk of multiples. On our second frozen transfer he suggested we only transfer one embryo as it was easier to plan the timing and therefore get a higher success rate with a single
2012 - 2018
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Shamma is one of my favorite doctors I have seen. He is well educated and up to date and takes the time to educate about the process and explain himself. His personal attitude is very calm and confident and he makes you feel like you're the most important person in the room. I'm very happy with his work.
Stop looking around, just go see him.
Dr. Shamma spent a good amount of time taking with us about the the process and explaining why he was doing what he was doing. He was up-front and honest and even gave us his cell number so we could call if we had any questions. He never hurried or pressured us in any way
During the process of harvesting the eggs he find y or that they hadn't matured as expected. He then choose to give another trigger injection and then return the next day where they successfully received 10 eggs. He also insisted, based on evidence, on using Intracytoplasmic sperm injection for all the eggs as he found it more beneficial.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
They were all very pleasant and efficient. No complaints.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Everyone at the clinic is friendly and treat you like a person. we never had to wait very long for appointment and they were always on top of everything. the only downside is that if you live far away from their main Treatment Center you might have to drive but that's not really a big deal.
I think about $10,000 for full IVF including egg harvesting and another $10,000 for meds and such for the first cycle. The second transfer was between $5,000-$8,000