Genetic counseling: Offered
Sylvania, OH 43560
Ypsilanti
3145 Clark Rd.
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Michigan Fertility Centers to a friend?

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
From the first meeting Dr Shamma made us feel very comfortable. He explained everything and answered all our questions. He even suggested a study we could join that happened to fit with our situation. He is very busy and can sometimes be in and out quickly. With that said, if you have questions he will always stop and take the time to talk you through some thing or answer all the questions you have...I had to get a hysteroscopy and have a polyp removed each time we did a transfer. We did an egg retrieval, but because I became slightly inflamed he decided to freeze all the embryos and wait until my next cycle for transfer. I was on lupron depot, estradiol patches and pills, vitamin b, prenatal vitamin, metformin, baby aspirin, enoxaparin, and progesterone.
The blood work, ultrasounds, Dr visits, surgeries, transfers, retrieval’s, etc. are all done right at the office [at IVF Michigan]. All the staff and nurses are very friendly and supportive...The staff and Dr were all very kind and would take all the time you needed to answer any questions until you felt comfortable...There were a couple of nurses that I really liked and were always very detailed and thorough. Some of the others weren’t as detailed or gave a lot of info all at once and it was too much to digest and remember all at once. I had to start asking for them to write it down for me so I would remember by the time I got home. It was a lot when your dealing with all the medications, dosages, times, etc. Overall I thought the nurses were very kind and great to work with.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
No question is silly to ask. It is important for you to be informed and comfortable with what is going on. Dr Shamma is great at explaining things and making patients feel comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
The staff and Dr were all very kind and would take all the time you needed to answer any questions until you felt comfortable. I had gone through a bunch of treatment with another Dr and Dr Shamma didn’t try to waste my time or money by doing any of it again. He told me straight up that we needed to do ivf. The other things didn’t work, why waste our time or money. When we came back to try for a second, they really seemed to be understanding of financial and emotional stress and worked with us.
Describe the protocols Nicholas Shamma used in your cycles at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The billing department was always very understanding and helpful. The ladies at the front desk are very nice. One issue I did have was that the nurses call back with test results, bloodwork, and everything else after 4:00 pm. They will leave a message, but if you have questions or something was unclear, you can’t get a hold of anyone or get a call back until the next day because the phones shut off at 4:00. They have an email address you can email, but they may not get it until the next day. They do also have an emergency number to call the nurse on call. I just feel like if the nurses are there making calls you should be able to return the call and speak to someone. Other than the phones shutting off at 4, everything was great. Every thing was clean, modern, and inviting. The blood work, ultrasounds, Dr visits, surgeries, transfers, retrieval’s, etc. are all done right at the office. All the staff and nurses are very friendly and supportive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
There was a set rate for the transfer, thawing process, and everything they had to do to prepare the embryo. The medications are all separate and so are the labs and ultra sounds. The cost all depends on your insurance. My insurance changed a couple of times over the years while going through the process. Sometimes all the labs and ultra sounds were covered and a good portion of my meds and other times nothing at all was covered.
Describe Nicholas Shamma's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
When we started treatment Dr Shamma said he would only transfer one embryo. It was successful. We were told that with how far they have come in infertility treatments it was no longer necessary to transfer multiple embryos. Our second time around again he transferred one and we had a chemical pregnancy. We decided to try one more time and we had two embryos left. He told us if we really wanted to he would transfer both. After getting multiple positive blood draws, I miscarried just before my first ultrasound. I don’t believe the decision had any thing to do with the results. I was very comfortable with how he decided what to transfer.
Bloomfield Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Hammoud was going to do multiple embryo transfer with us because we weren’t PGS testing our embryos. But he said he would decide based on the embryo quality if we only needed to do a single embryo at the time of transfer...During our consult I wanted to get a bit more information regarding what other options we had and/or why he thought we were experiencing infertility. It seemed that during the consult his main goal was to push IVF on us. We were already planning to move into IVF as a next step, but we just wanted a little bit more time to discuss and make a decision, and my husband and I both felt very pressured at the consultation to pursue IVF maybe before we were really ready to “give up” on all other treatments. Doctor Nps
$12,860 for IVF fresh transfer $4,500 for meds $1,000 for anesthesia [at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers]...The clinic is nice. The inside is inviting and calm. They have a slideshow going of different fertility procedures and the process of each one. The front office staff are nice, as well as the billing department. The setup is cool because the surgical rooms are on the left side of the clinic and the offices/consultations and lab/US rooms are on the right so it’s all split up. The recovery area after coming out of surgery was nice and private and it didn’t feel uncomfortable or rushed. Overall I think the clinic is really great.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Our first experience at our consultation was not great. We felt very pushed into doing IVF. Being a younger couple, we went into our consult believing that there would be other options for us before IVF, but I didn’t feel like that was explored to the fullest extent. He seemed rushed and a bit distracted the day of our consult which wasn’t a good feeling for my husband and I. During my surgery with him he was a totally different person though. Super friendly, calm, and explained all the details of the surgery and post/op findings. I feel like maybe the day of our consult he was either having a bad day or was very busy and didn’t have a lot of time for us. Either way, the consult could’ve definitely gone better.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Go into your consultation with a list of questions you want answered and make sure you don’t leave until you have the answers you need to make an informed decision. IVF is serious, and expensive. You shouldn’t feel rushed into making a decision.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
During our initial consultation I was very frustrated and sad. I had experienced an ectopic pregnancy about a year prior and hadn’t been able to conceive since. During our IVF consultation I was preparing for my 4th IUI with a different doctor in a couple of days and he made me feel like that was pointless. During our consult I wanted to get a bit more information regarding what other options we had and/or why he thought we were experiencing infertility. It seemed that during the consult his main goal was to push IVF on us. We were already planning to move into IVF as a next step, but we just wanted a little bit more time to discuss and make a decision, and my husband and I both felt very pressured at the consultation to pursue IVF maybe before we were really ready to “give up” on all other treatments.
Describe the protocols Ahmad Hammoud used in your cycles at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
Started BC pills on day 3 of period, had a hysteroscopy performed under anesthesia prior to start of second menstrual cycle, started stims around day 5 of cycle. Had to stop stims on the second day due to COVID-19 as non-essential surgeries and businesses were not happening as usual. Plan to do IVF after coronavirus is under control again, so didn’t really have any results to share from that experience.
Nicole was great. She did our start up class for IVF. she responded promptly to emails and phone calls and was also friendly and reassuring.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
$12,860 for IVF fresh transfer $4,500 for meds $1,000 for anesthesia
Describe Ahmad Hammoud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The nurses failed to call in my prescriptions for my injectable stims from one of the pharmacies I ordered from. Luckily, I was on top of everything so I called to pharmacy to make sure they received my script and they said they had nothing for me. I had to then call my clinic and ask them to send the script over. It was in plenty of time, luckily, but still inconvenient I had to call around to get this figured out.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
We did ICSI IVF with PGT and put back in a frozen cycle a single embryo [with Dr Nicholas Shamma]. I used a cetrotode protocol. I had no hyper stimulation because I think I was given a trigger with luprolide and a bit of hCG...He said he only will put one embryo...He was dedicated, caring, very knowledgeable, knew all about my case, and even gave me his personal cell number!!...I was elated, thankful by the exceptional care Dr.Shamma provided. From the moment I saw him for my initial consultation I felt that he was caring, framed the problem of recurrent pregnancy issues that I had He did surgery to correct my uterus. He then recommended I do genetics on the embryos because my early losses were all because of a genetic issue. He was caring, super-smart, gentle, and empathetic and understanding. In short, I think he was exceptional.
The cost of the whole process including monitoring during stimulation, making the embryos, genetically testing them, freezing, them, and then thawing, doing the transfer was around $24,000 [at IVF MIchigan Fertility Centers]...Beautiful clinic. Clean. Knowledgeable staff. Caring. Very punctual. Answered all my billing problems. And helped us in navigating ordering the medications. When I called twice after hours, I got hold of a nurse right away. She consulted with Dr. Shamma. He then called me back both times and addressed the issues. We felt extremely comfortable going through this journey.
$500K+
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Do not hesitate to see him as soon as possible. Because he is so direct, you need to be the same. Articulate your expectations from the beginning.
We did ICSI IVF with PGT and put back in a frozen cycle a single embryo. I used a cetrotode protocol. I had no hyper stimulation because I think I was given a trigger with luprolide and a bit of hCG
In short excellent.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
He said he only will put one embryo

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Hammoud] took the time to discuss with my husband and I our treatment options and what we wanted out of treatment. He gave us statistics but also showed he cared and was invested in our treatment...is an adequate doctor. During our initial consultation we were not impressed, but our second meeting we felt like we were working with an entirely new doctor. He was much more compassionate. We have only interacted with him these 2 times. I am mostly sticking with this doctor becaus it is one of the only fertility centers that accepts my insurance.
Most of the nursing staff [at IVF Michigan] are great. They do seem very busy so they don't always take the time to explain the treatment process...We were quoted for IVF, if necessary, at around $16k to $18k...Strengths: accept wide variety of insurance, convenient locations...Weaknesses: very quick paced and busy feeling, not every staff is compassionate, rarely see Dr. Hammoud, despite insurance it is still expensive
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Hammoud is an adequate doctor. During our initial consultation we were not impressed, but our second meeting we felt like we were working with an entirely new doctor. He was much more compassionate. We have only interacted with him these 2 times. I am mostly sticking with this doctor becaus it is one of the only fertility centers that accepts my insurance.
Throughly explain to patients what to expect during treatment, no matter what their treatment will be. Take the time to see your patients apart from the consultation.
He took the time to discuss with my husband and I our treatment options and what we wanted out of treatment. He gave us statistics but also showed he cared and was invested in our treatment.
For IUI I took Clomid for 5 days, gave myself an injection in my abdomen two days before insemination, then I took progesterone for 2 weeks. I had to delay my next round of IUI due to an ovarian cyst in which I took one month of birth control to get rid of. I am currently in my second round of IUI.
Most of the nursing staff are great. They do seem very busy so they don't always take the time to explain the treatment process. On nurse in particular, Susan, is extremely rude each time I see her.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Strengths: accept wide variety of insurance, convenient locations, high success rates, good reputation Weaknesses: very quick paced and busy feeling, not every staff is compassionate, rarely see Dr. Hammoud, despite insurance it is still expensive
IUI is covered under my insurance but I still have to pay a copay each time I get bloodwork and an ultrasound. We were quoted for IVF, if necessary, at around $16k to $18k.
Bloomfield Hills

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.

We have only had a consult with him but Dr. Shamma truly made my husband and myself feel very comfortable. He spoke with genuine kindness, hope, showed direct eye contact and had empathy....only negative thing I would say is that it did feel a bit rushed. However, he was very compassionate and concerning our issue with my bilateral salpingectomy, he said "well you guys needed this done, like yesterday" in which we all had a little chuckle. He wrote down our treatment plan, went over it with us and that was really it.
The location [IVF Michigan] is beautiful, the waiting room is very spacious, perfect for a little elbow room & privacy if you're looking for that. When we were there, it was busy as I'm sure it is every day...Dr. Shamma is very compassionate, he really makes you feel safe, hopeful and ensures that you are in good hands just by simply talking with him. His nurses are incredible, especially the head nurse (I wanna say Julie?) Dr. Shamma has our best interest at heart
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Well we were one of the 10 finalists on the Channel 95.5 "Mojo Gives You A Baby" contest. We had our consult with Dr. Shamma; only negative thing I would say is that it did feel a bit rushed. However, he was very compassionate and concerning our issue with my bilateral salpingectomy, he said "well you guys needed this done, like yesterday" in which we all had a little chuckle. He wrote down our treatment plan, went over it with us and that was really it. Unfortunately, we weren't a grand prize winner, so we have yet to see him again. We are saving up!
Go in with a clear mind and a positive attitude. Write down a list of questions you may have, so you don't forget to ask (I totally wish I would have done that) and put all your faith in God and Dr. Shamma because they both really do have your best interests at heart. Dr. Shamma has & will continue to create miracles for all of us that are struggling.
I have yet to have a cycle done. Only had a consult.
Very compassionate, respectful and informative. They answered all billing questions I had and sent me all paperwork I requested to ensure that we have all the funds we need prior to starting our cycle.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
We have only had a consult so far with Dr. Shamma at IVF Michigan in Bloomfield Hills; therefore I cannot go off of much. However, I can say is this- Dr. Shamma is a pioneer in this, his success rate is at about 70%. The location is beautiful, the waiting room is very spacious, perfect for a little elbow room & privacy if you're looking for that. When we were there, it was busy as I'm sure it is every day. Going into this, knowing that we have to have this procedure and all this medication is a very scary process.; for me it is anyways. Dr. Shamma is very compassionate, he really makes you feel safe, hopeful and ensures that you are in good hands just by simply talking with him. His nurses are incredible, especially the head nurse (I wanna say Julie?) Dr. Shamma has our best interest at heart and I put all my trust in his hands. I know of people who he has helped perform miracles for! We have zero kids and IVF is our only option at conceiving our own children.. I would pick Dr. Shamma at IVF Michigan over and over again, I truly believe he is the best out there. I can only hope & pray that soon he will be helping create our miracle rainbow baby. Good luck to you, always keep your faith. God is great. Miracles DO happen! xxoo
Egg retrieval $5120 Isci/blast $3100 Prepaid cryro $550 Transfer $3100 Optional cycling $1500 Total: $13,370.00 Medications $4-6,000 additonal Grand total: $17,370-19,370.00
No comment.

2013 - 2018
[Dr. Nicholas Shamma is] Very straightforward, discussed all options with me, described in detail what he was planning for my cycles and what to expect. Was very empathetic, compassionate, and optimistic... Stimulation with bravele and menopur and ganirelix added to prevent premature ovulation. Trigger was used with lupron due to previous hyperoverian stimulation using HCG and producing over 50+ follicles. Also used lovenox. Only fresh cycle used under dr shamma. Embryos produced resulted in 3 children.
[IVF MI- Bloomfield Hills'] Strength is knowledgeable physicians, good and efficient support staff, state of the art technology and facility. Weakness is wait times and busy clinic. Costs have significantly gone up over the years as well.... Had to make monitoring appts in the morning, ran efficiently though. Usually had to wait if dr wanted to see me also.... Fresh cycle with transfer was about $12,000. Additional fees for associated procedures, monitoring and labs, anesthesia were probably a few thousand dollars. Medications were additional costs. Frozen embryo transfer costs went up substantially over the years. First one was about $4000 and went up to about $6000 the next transfer
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Very straightforward, discussed all options with me, described in detail what he was planning for my cycles and what to expect. Was very empathetic, compassionate, and optimistic. I am happy to have had him lead me to my journey of motherhood. Highly recommend dr shamma.
He is very compassionate and honest. Might not tell you what you want to hear but he does so in a very caring way. Also has so much experience in treating infertility.
Very caring, knowledgeable, and compassionate
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
All very knowledgeable and caring. Answered all questions and was very efficient with prescriptions and prior authorizations.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Shamma] is extremely busy so while he will absolutely take the time needed with you and will answer questions your time with him might feel a little limited...We opted to try reciprocal IVF for my wife and I. He was clear with us that my egg reserve was low but was confident he would get some good eggs for us to use. He did decide to prolong and up my meds during the process to produce more eggs. We ended up with 2 good embryos, one a little further along than the other. Unfortunately, we were unable to get pregnant during that cycle. We decided to move forward with IUI for our next cycle due to financial limitations.
We opted to try reciprocal IVF for my wife and I [at IVF Michigan Fertility Center]...Unfortunately, we were unable to get pregnant during that cycle...I can't say enough good things about the nursing staff. They were all very knowledgeable and passionate about their work...Costs are high but seem to be in line with the industry standard...Take the class before you start your cycle, it is so helpful. They seem to respond to emails faster than calls but always have a quick repose. On says when you need lab work we found it best to get to the office as early as possible because otherwise it can be timely having to wait.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Overall, I was very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Shamma. He can be a little cut and dry and direct but he compassion is always there. He has excellent bed side manner and my partner and I both felt he was very invested in our care.
He is extremely busy so while he will absolutely take the time needed with you and will answer questions your time with him might feel a little limited.
Dr Shamma was always warm and compassionate. He would address both my wife and I by our names and remembered details of our lives.
I can't say enough good things about the nursing staff. They were all very knowledgeable and passionate about their work. We were sad to leave their care when we got regnant and moved to our Midwife.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Get there as early as you can. Later in the day can have some back ups but early mornings usually went quickly.
Costs are high but seem to be in line with the industry standard.
Bloomfield Hills
My wife and I both found Dr. Shamma to be very passionate about his work. He is very matter of fact, and pretty cut and dry about his delivery but we both liked that about him. We did reciprocal IVF using my wife's eggs and me as the carrier ... He had a plan ready for us for our next steps ... Sometimes it was pretty quick and in and out of the room during appointments but I didn't feel rushed. If we had questions he always answered them and made sure we understood.
We were nervous about being a same sex couple and if we would be treated the same as any other couple and we were. ... Everything seemed to run very smoothly. There were a couple of times we waited awhile to be seen [IVF Michigan] but it wasn't terrible ... I can't say enough good things about the nursing and office staff at this office. They were all so nice and respectful to my wife and I...
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
My wife and I both found Dr. Shamma to be very passionate about his work. He is very matter of fact, and pretty cut and dry about his delivery but we both liked that about him. We did reciprocal IVF using my wife's eggs and me as the carrier and when we unfortunately did not get pregnant I could swear I saw his eyes tear up a little during our follow up consultation. He had a plan ready for us for our next steps and after we ended up getting pregnant on our 2nd IUI procedure. Sometimes it was pretty quick and in and out of the room during appointments but I didn't feel rushed. If we had questions he always answered them and made sure we understood.
Make the best of the time you have with him. He is very busy but will make the time for you when you have it.
Both Dr. Shamma and his staff always referred to us by name. They were knowledgeable of our case and circumstances. Everyone treated us kindly and was very welcoming.
I can't say enough good things about the nursing and office staff at this office. They were all so nice and respectful to my wife and I. We were nervous about being a same sex couple and if we would be treated the same as any other couple and we were. They are quick to get back to you by phone or email with questions and explain everything very well. Michelle was our favorite nurse! She's awesome
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Everything seemed to run very smoothly. There were a couple of times we waited awhile to be seen but it wasn't terrible. Be sure to go to the class that they offer before your IVF cycle begins. You learn a TON of good info.
Get there as soon as possible if you want to get in and out quickly. I usually arrived by 730 and was to work usually within 2 hours.
Bloomfield Hills

He [Dr. Shamma] has been phenomenal in our journey. After our miscarriage he was truly upset, and he moved his schedule around to meet with us. He has done this now twice... has treated me as a daughter. He has been phenomenal through multiple losses, and sat by our sides as we emotionally broke down. He continues to work to help us bring a child into this world. Still have yet to have a successful pregnancy, but each miscarriage he has worked to adjust his schedule to meet with me and my husband.
Get to know the ladies that are nurses [at IVF Michigan]. They will be working with you quite a bit...The nurses have become like a second family, and I feel comfortable asking them anything that I need...Monitoring before the egg retrieval was done a bit more by blocked hours in the morning. However, my ultrasounds were always w [Dr. Shamma]. He even would have his staff squeeze me in early in the morning to not force me to wait through the day!
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Shamma has treated me as a daughter. He has been phenomenal through multiple losses, and sat by our sides as we emotionally broke down. He continues to work to help us bring a child into this world. Still have yet to have a successful pregnancy, but each miscarriage he has worked to adjust his schedule to meet with me and my husband.
Bedside manner aside, once you get to know dr shamma, you will see that he has a phenomenal heart and one goal- to help you bring life into this world. He has one of the best labs around and I believe the combination of a great doctor and a great lab are a huge part of success.
He has been phenomenal in our journey. After our miscarriage he was truly upset, and he moved his schedule around to meet with us. He has done this now twice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Michelle, Bev, and Shirley. Have spoke with Emily as well! they are all phenomenal!)
My primary nurse is Michelle, but i have spoken w Bev multiple times as well as Shirley! Michelle has been an amazing support system for me and my husband. Her and Bev and cami the nurse in the Bloodwork lab sat and talked me through my first miscarriage and what to expect with my Endometriosis and d&c. They shared their stories and allowed me to ask anything I could think of. The entire office has been beyond supportive. I will forever be appreciative of the impact they have made on my life.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Get to know the ladies that are nurses. They will be working with you quite a bit. I am a believer in the more you care about people, the more they will care about you. The nurses have become like a second family, and I feel comfortable asking them anything that I need.
Monitoring before the egg retrieval was done a bit more by blocked hours in the morning. However, my ultrasounds were always w shamma. He even would have his staff squeeze me in early in the morning to not force me to wait through the day!
Would truly have to add everything up. Would be around 30k
I had my embryos pgs tested. Dr shamma wanted to transfer one for our first transfer. Both embryos implanted, and one split. I lost triplets during my first miscarriage. He recommended one for the next transfer!
Bloomfield Hills

I absolutely love Dr. Shamma. He was very truthful and knowledgeable. I always felt 100% at ease with him....He was very personable and had great bed side manners.... IVF with ICSi was our only option. My tubes are blocked and my husbands sperm quality and quantity were on the low end. I was on medication and injections. On retrieval day, Dr. Shamma retrieved 2 eggs. 1 turned into an embryo and was transferred on day 5. Today I have a beautiful spunky little girl.
The staff at IVF Mi were not the friendliest. Many times I would call due to an issue and have to wait 2-3 days before I got a return phone call.... Strengths: clean and modern environment, knowledgeable doctors who have great bedside manners Weakness: office staff is not organized, nurses can be somewhat rude, wait time are long even when you have an appointment
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
I absolutely love Dr. Shamma. He was very truthful and knowledgeable. I always felt 100% at ease with him. What I appreciate the most and what I will always remember is my day of transfer with Dr. Shamma. I was really nervous on the day of the transfer, and I only had 1 embryo. Dr. Shamma said a prayer for me before the transfer and stayed by my side to help comfort my husband and I. He went above and beyond to ensure that we understood every step he was taking.
Be patient when dealing with the nurses and staff. They are not the friendliest; however, Dr. Shamma is worth it!
The staff at IVF Mi were not the friendliest. Many times I would call due to an issue and have to wait 2-3 days before I got a return phone call. When I went in for monitoring, I felt like the interactions I had with the nurses were automated. However, besides the nurses and office staff, Dr. Shamma is amazing. He was very personable and had great bed side manners.
I felt like the nursing staff was not the most approachable group of people. This is probably because they are inadated with work. Many times I would call for help and not get a call back until 2-3 days.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
My husband and I paid for the guaranteed program that covered 3 fresh rounds and 3 frozen rounds. It was $19,950 plus $300 for anesthesia for each retrieval’s. Luckily, we got our baby the 1st time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The nurses did not inform me when to stop taking blood thinners. While my cycle was successful, I was on blood thinners longer then what the doctor wanted.
Bloomfield Hills

He [Dr. Hammoud] was always kind and patient with us, answering all questions. He always had an optimistic way of talking about our treatment which always gave us the hope we needed when investing this much money...Getting through to speak to my doctor ... never seemed easy....He was always patient with our questions...I felt at times results could have been reported in a more prompt manner.
I think this clinic [IVF Michigan] has weaknesses with the reception. Getting through to speak to my doctor or nurse never seemed easy. I have moved States since and had a lot of trouble having notes forwarded etc. everything seems to take weeks...[nurses] Always efficient, at times I felt it was hurried and I had to ask a question for something to be explained. But they were always kind and encouraging
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He was always kind and patient with us, answering all questions. He always had an optimistic way of talking about our treatment which always gave us the hope we needed when investing this much money.
Advocate for your self at all times, always ask questions and make sure your understanding of everything is clear. His advice stands for all fertility doctors though really. He was always patient with our questions
It was hard to get a hold of anyone or get through the office receptionist. The phones were always turned off after 4pm. I felt at times results could have been reported in a more prompt manner.
I was placed on SQ injectables, menopur and gonal f for 5 days. Then I started cetrotide until trigger. During the 3-4 wait while the PGS testing was done I was on SQ Lipton and oral estrace tablets three times a day. Then I did 10 weeks of IM progesterone shots. My one treatment was successful and resulted in a healthy baby boy
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
I think this clinic has weaknesses with the reception. Getting through to speak to my doctor or nurse never seemed easy. I have moved States since and had a lot of trouble having notes forwarded etc. everything seems to take weeks.
We paid total around $23,000+ I don’t recall a specific break down. But roughly broken down: I believe the IVF was around $9,000 Medications $5,000 Transfer $3000 PGS $5,000 Misc. (labs, anesthesia etc) $1,500
We did a single embryo transfer which was successful
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
I never had anything go ‘wrong’ during my treatment. I just felt for the thousands and thousands of dollars we invest and the stress and nemotional impact it comes with, that he communication of results or scheduling could have been more prompt. And if that is unable to be done maybe to publish results on mychart do you can view then for your self and call with questions or concerns.
Bloomfield Hills
He [Dr. Hammoud] gave me the information I needed to know, but was still considerate of my feelings and emotions.... He was very honest with me about my chances and what the best course of action would be. He explained everything very well and I was very involved with being able to see what was happening and fully understand it.... We used menopur to stimulate, and the goal was to do several cycles to retrieve a good number of eggs before fertilizing (quality over quantity) as I have diminished ovarian reserv
The equipment was top of the line. Staff [IVF Michigan] was very accommodating and compassionate.... I was supposed to get a call the day after egg retrieval to let us know what the outcome was. Somehow they forgot to call us. However, when I called to check on it, a staff member went back in after hours to look and tell me the results, which was great.... I believe the entire procedure (stimulation, retrieval, transfer) was about $12,000. Medication was additional
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He was very honest with me about my chances and what the best course of action would be. He explained everything very well and I was very involved with being able to see what was happening and fully understand it. We ended up having even better results than he had anticipated! The only downfall I would say is at times, his accent made it difficult to understand him.
He is very honest with you and explains things out thoroughly so that you understand 100% what is going on every step of the way.
He gave me the information I needed to know, but was still considerate of my feelings and emotions.
We used menopur to stimulate, and the goal was to do several cycles to retrieve a good number of eggs before fertilizing (quality over quantity) as I have diminished ovarian reserve. However, we were able to retrieve 5 eggs in that first cycle, so we decided to go ahead and fertilize and start the process right away.
They were always very friendly and willing to explain what they were seeing on ultrasound and what the game plan was. They were so sympathetic and gentle with me, which is so important as all of us going through infertility treatments are in such a fragile emotional state.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The equipment was top of the line. Staff was very accommodating and compassionate. The only thing I wish was different is the location as there was no easy way to get there for me, but that is an individual need and not something that all patients would have to deal with.
I believe the entire procedure (stimulation, retrieval, transfer) was about $12,000. Medication was additional but we were lucky to have our insurance cover most of that cost, so that came to around $600. Then follow up labwork and ultrasounds were additional, and I believe those added up to around $2000
I only had 2 embryos that were viable at the time of transfer, and he allowed me to decide if I wanted to transfer one or both. It had been explained to me earlier that transferring both gave me a better chance of conceiving, so I went with that option.

2 IUI, IVF
Dr Shamma is not only an extremely smart, knowledgeable and skilled doctor but he is also a kind human being. He treats every patient with respect and shows empathy if he has to give you news that you dont want to hear. ... Dr Shamma was open and honest about the route we needed to take. He didn't try and talk over our heads, he explained everything exquisitely and was very kind. ...
The only weakness I can think of is it can be hard to get scheduled as a new patient because they [IVF Michigan] are very busy. But again, this is not a bad thing. ... Be patient and wait for them, I'm glad I did! ... I think the only weakness I can say is the nursing staff cares too much but that is not a bad thing, at least for the patients. I could sit here all day and list their strengths. They are knowledgeable, skilled, kind, and real. We loved all the nurses.
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr Shamma is not only an extremely smart, knowledgeable and skilled doctor but he is also a kind human being. He treats every patient with respect and shows empathy if he has to give you news that you dont want to hear. I cannot thank him enough for everything he has done for us.
Though Dr Shamma is highly skilled, he ultimately isnt God, so if God forbid he is unable to help, it's not his fault. He truly goes above and beyond and if it is possible, he is the dr to help make it happen.
It has been a few years but after testing but before IVF, I had a hysteroscopy to help clear my uterus of any polyps or fibroids. Then started a cycle of injections twice a day for 2 weeks. Us and bloodwork every 2-3 days during that time with adjustments to meds if necessary. Then egg retrieval and injections of progesterone. Day 5 embryo transfer and blood work 2 weeks after for positive/negative pregnancy test. I know there was more but it's been a cpl years.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The only weakness I can think of is it can be hard to get scheduled as a new patient because they are very busy. But again, this is not a bad thing. They are busy because they are the best!!! Be patient and wait for them, I'm glad I did!
2012 - 2013
I'd been rejected by another local RE Clinic because I am a single woman. I was afraid that Dr. Hammoud might judge me, too. But that was very far from the case. He was kind, soft-spoken, and supportive. Dr. Hammoud was personally involved in every step of my care from doing the ultrasounds himself, to contacting me on the weekend to let me know how my blasts we're doing. I always felt that he was giving me his best effort, and never felt that he was rushing to see another patient.
At the time, Dr. Hammoud was at a clinic in Utah. The nursing staff was tremendous, supportive, and all around wonderful.... At the same time, I firmly believe that if things hadn't worked, I would know in my heart that he did everything he could reasonaby do. Furthermore, I know he attends RE conferences, and keeps abreast of latest research and studies in his field.
2012 - 2013
European, Other
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Ahmad Hammoud, MD is a kind, supportive, personally-involved RE. I can never thank him enough for helping me have a child. At the same time, I firmly believe that if things hadn't worked, I would know in my heart that he did everything he could reasonaby do. Furthermore, I know he attends RE conferences, and keeps abreast of latest research and studies in his field.
He is kind & trustworthy--and not at all pushy. If he recommends that you take the next step, trust that he isn't trying to get a bigger paycheck -- he's doing what he believes is right for you.
I don't remember specifics except that he recommended supplements: Pregnitude, L-Arginine, DHEA, Coenzyme Q 10, Melatonin. My Egg Retrieval protocol used multiple meds, but I can't remember what, except Gonal F, and Saizen. I know there were more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Lee Cherie )
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Again, at the time I was his patient, Dr. Hammoud was in a clinic in Utah. The clinic and staff at the time was great: friendly, organized, prompt, great at returning phone calls, emails, etc.
I really was hoping for twins, due to my age (41/42) and the financial burden of multiple IVF cycles. He was open about his recommendation for a Single ET (he was concerned about the risks to both babies & mom of twin pregnancy and for the stress if caring for twins as a single mom); nontheless, he was agreeable to my desire for double embryo transfer.
Bloomfield Hills
I mentioned my husband had infertility issues, he [Dr. Shamma] said it was not a factor. Each time it was 20-30 min after the appointment to see him. We maybe had 15 minutes with him before pushing us out the door to his next appointment. ... He barely looked at our file. Didn't ask any questions of each of us. ... He was matter of fact. ... Go in with thick skin and be prepared for bluntness.
Weaknesses: The office [IVF Michigan] is under staffed, rude, terrible communication skills and have screwed up on medications. ... Faxed and emailed in information to them multiple times. They say they never got it or it was misplaced. Called after the times of when my medication should have been administered because they got busy. Forgot to tell me when certain things should be done.
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He barely looked at our file. Didn't ask any questions of each of us. I mentioned my husband had infertility issues, he said it was not a factor. Each time it was 20-30 min after the appointment to see him. We maybe had 15 minutes with him before pushing us out the door to his next appointment.
Go in with thick skin and be prepared for bluntness. Most say he has no bedside manner but I did not see him that way. He was matter of fact.
No one in the office looked you in the eye. Always down at their sheet. They were guick to get you out of the office.
Injections to stimulate the eggs
They don't look you in the eye. Takes 2-3 days to get emails or a call back
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Strengths: They have a good success rate when it comes to IVF once eggs are transferred. Shamma is confident that if you produce a good egg - he will make it stick. Weaknesses: The office is under staffed, rude, terrible communication skills and have screwed up on medications.
$22,000 for IVF all upfront. Not including medications. If you do not make it to egg transfer you have to wait 3 months to get your money back that you initially payed

2012 - 2015
Anovulation, Other
After a thorough work up we met with him and he [Dr Nicholas Shamma] told us that IVF was our only option (due to my specific problem). He was patient and kind, answered all of our questions. Never made us to feel that he had a waiting room full of people on his mind. He was also upfront about what we should expect. Because Dr Shamma has many satellite locations in Michigan and Ohio, he is only in Saginaw every Monday.
IVF requires frequent labs and ultrasounds so there were lots of interactions with nurses. Lori and Betsy [at IVF Michigan] were fantastic and made the process SO much easier. They would call you same day with lab results and were always available. Betsy even met me at the office at 5:30pm on the night of her sons high school graduation to assess an allergic reaction I was having to the progesterone in oil. I can't say enough about the office staff. I have completed my IVF and TTC journey but hope that others considering the process will be so lucky as to choose Dr Shammas office. You won'
2012 - 2015
Anovulation, Other
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
I went to Dr Shamma when I was 26. I knew I would have trouble getting pregnant but being a healthy and young I didn't think IVF was in my future. After a thorough work up we met with him and he told us that IVF was our only option (due to my specific problem). He was patient and kind, answered all of our questions. Never made us to feel that he had a waiting room full of people on his mind. He was also upfront about what we should expect. Because Dr Shamma has many satellite locations in Michigan and Ohio, he is only in Saginaw every Monday.
He was kind and positive. His demeanor was very caring.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
IVF requires frequent labs and ultrasounds so there were lots of interactions with nurses. Lori and Betsy were fantastic and made the process SO much easier. They would call you same day with lab results and were always available. Betsy even met me at the office at 5:30pm on the night of her sons high school graduation to assess an allergic reaction I was having to the progesterone in oil. I can't say enough about the office staff. I have completed my IVF and TTC journey but hope that others considering the process will be so lucky as to choose Dr Shammas office. You won't be sorry.
Total cost for a fresh cycle in 2012 was ~12-15k with drugs and for a frozen cycle in 2014 was ~10k

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I feel like he [Dr. Ahmad Hammoud] gave me expectations that weren't realistic and then when said he would help me with more affordability he came back with numbers higher than I was told before. Was told I wasn't owed anything even though I got a low amount of eggs from the donor and none left to freeze...I felt they cared but was told they didn't owe me anything after paying over 30k giving me two embryos ending in a miscarriage
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
I feel like he gave me expectations that weren't realistic and then when said he would help me with more affordability he came back with numbers higher than I was told before. Was told I wasn't owed anything even though I got a low amount of eggs from the donor and none left to freeze.
Be aware realistically of expectations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Beverly )
They were all very nice to me
Over 30k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Semen analysis. We were never told sperm count was 0. They were freezing unusable samples

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Shamma was great and compassionate. He was gentle and easy to talk to. He made me feel at ease about what was happening. He gave me an amazing opportunity. The care he gave was exceptional. Dr. Shamma wants the best for you and your dreams.... Dr. Shamma was great, but his staff kept me in the dark about my treatments and all the details of what was really happening.... Instead of the staff calling you on updates, you had to call them constantly.
Not for your average joe. The clinic [IVF Michigan] is tailored towards individuals with a lot of money. They don't want you using your neighborhood pharmacy but rather the extremely expensive pharmacy. Instead of the staff calling you on updates, you had to call them constantly.... Dr. Shamma was great, but his staff kept me in the dark about my treatments and all the details of what was really happening.... Dr. Shamma was great and compassionate
East Asian, South Asian
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Ask stupid questions.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Not for your average joe. The clinic is tailored towards individuals with a lot of money. They don't want you using your neighborhood pharmacy but rather the extremely expensive pharmacy. Instead of the staff calling you on updates, you had to call them constantly.
Bloomfield Hills
He [Dr. Ahmad Hammoud] presented options and said "choose." Now, I understand that it's all the patients responsibility, but we didn't really know what they meant. We asked him to recommend based on our situation and test results. He said "you have to make the decision."... He did not adjust anything throughout the cycle, even though the ultrasound tech said they weren't getting what they wanted...He said he would only do one embryo transfer.
The front desk and financial person [at IVF Michigan] were not very friendly. Leaving a message on the nurse's line (we did not have a contact person) might get a call back on the same day...Nurses were great except we did receive different answers to the same question sometimes because we did not have a dedicated nurse...The ultrasound tech I had usually was very friendly, and described what she was seeing. She was conversational and friendly, and made me feel at ease.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
We were very new to the topic, and new almost nothing. Even with research, you don't know these things until you are there. He presented options and said "choose." Now, I understand that it's all the patients responsibility, but we didn't really know what they meant. We asked him to recommend based on our situation and test results. He said "you have to make the decision."
Pros and cons of each procedure and comparisons of options.
The front desk and financial person were not very friendly. Leaving a message on the nurse's line (we did not have a contact person) might get a call back on the same day. On our first visit, we did not know we would have to pay, so we asked if we could be billed. They don't do that. We said ok we will go to the ATM. She kept insisting that we come immediately back, but they were going to be closed for lunch. And we should just wait, and that we couldn't just come the next day. We went the next day anyway. The world did not end.
Estrogen priming, Gonal-F, Menopur, and Im sorry I can't remember the rest. He did not adjust anything throughout the cycle, even though the ultrasound tech said they weren't getting what they wanted.
Nurses were great except we did receive different answers to the same question sometimes because we did not have a dedicated nurse. They were always good about answering emails.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Lack of communication. Financial department is absolutely horrible and stressful. I have been told I should have gotten more than the one egg they retrieved, based on my numbers. Dr. Hammoud does have a very high success rate, and Im sure anyone who was successful wouldn't have a bad word to say, but it was very stressful at IVF Michigan.
The ultrasound tech I had usually was very friendly, and described what she was seeing. She was conversational and friendly, and made me feel at ease. The one I had just once told me nothing and I felt a little bit lost. I asked questions and she kind of answered, but she was short. Her ultrasound went a lot quicker and less exploratory.
High end of anything I looked up online.
He said he would only do one embryo transfer. He did two for my sister-in-law, but only because she had a uterus that embryos had a hard time sticking to. It worked because she ended up with twins.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
My trigger shot had different instructions on the box than what my nurse told me when they called. I only knew this at 7pm at night when I went to use it, per instructions. I had no idea what to do, and they had never told me that they had a 24-hour nurse line that I could have called. Kind of important information.
Bloomfield Hills

He [Dr. Nicholas Shamma] was very nice and made me feel comfortable. I just felt very rushed because we kept getting interrupted. I also went into the appointment with the intention of having to go through multiple tests before we would know anything and the next thing I knew, we were being signed up to start IVF the next day. I needed time to process everything and come back with my questions about IVF.
I thought the reception staff [at IVF Michigan Fertility Center] was very rude and not at all compassionate. They were not sensitive to things they should at least try to be and did not remember details on things I called and asked them about. They also seemed very disconnected to the rest of the office and what was going on...It felt very rushed during our Consultation and has left me feeling like I'm in limbo now. I'm not sure how to proceed or move forward at this point.
How was your experience with Nicholas Shamma at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He was very nice and made me feel comfortable. I just felt very rushed because we kept getting interrupted. I also went into the appointment with the intention of having to go through multiple tests before we would know anything and the next thing I knew, we were being signed up to start IVF the next day. I needed time to process everything and come back with my questions about IVF.
Don't let him rush you.
I only had one interaction with the nurse. She called me to go over results and got back with me.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
I thought the reception staff was very rude and not at all compassionate. They were not sensitive to things they should at least try to be and did not remember details on things I called and asked them about. They also seemed very disconnected to the rest of the office and what was going on.

2020
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Hammoud listened to us during the consultation. I felt a pretty equal balance of being heard & being open to options we were suggesting as well as being set in his planned treatment ways. He seemed like he genuinely wanted to work with us...All other doctors have just slapped a “PCOS Label” on me & have wanted to start medicated treatments. Dr. Hammoud explained a new plan of starting IUI or IVF right away as that would be our best chances for success. As scary as it was to hear those big steps mentioned, it was refreshing a
Whoever took my initial phone call [at IVF Michigan] & scheduled me for the consult was amazing! She was so nice & thorough & had compassion...We were quoted $20,860 for IVF...It’s frustrating too because we make too much to qualify for the “discount” they offer, but we definitely don’t make enough to be able to afford over 20k IVF treatment...It seemed like some of the initial paperwork was repetitive, outdated, & had some typing errors that I thought could be updated. Also, I believe the clinic could use an updated patient portal. I had to send in all of my past medical history by fax or mail, when usually there’s a way to email or upload into a portal for most other offices these days.
2020
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Hammoud seemed well educated with good plans of action in place. I know IVF Michigan has good success rates so I felt I could trust Dr. Hammoud & he treatment recommendations. Dr. Hammoud was the 1st doctor to actually explain that while yes, I do have PCOS, it’s likely not what’s causing my infertility fully & that I really fall under the “Unexplained” category of infertility. All other doctors have just slapped a “PCOS Label” on me & have wanted to start medicated treatments. Dr. Hammoud explained a new plan of starting IUI or IVF right away as that would be our best chances for success. As scary as it was to hear those big steps mentioned, it was refreshing after seeing so many doctors who just wanted to do round after round of medicated monitored cycles with timed intercourse & trigger shot.
Ask questions! Dr. Hammoud seemed like he had a plan of action set in place before talking to us & if I didn’t ask or say anything it probably all would have just stayed the same. When I did bring up how I think my prolactin & TSH are a little high for trying to conceive, he recommended re-testing then & was open to putting me on a low-dose thyroid medication if needed. This made me feel heard & relieved.
Dr. Hammoud listened to us during the consultation. I felt a pretty equal balance of being heard & being open to options we were suggesting as well as being set in his planned treatment ways. He seemed like he genuinely wanted to work with us & even offered us early pregnant care if we happened to get pregnant on our own prior to starting treatment as he said he sees happen to about 5% of his patients.
IUI for a few cycles, then IVF. Or, jumping straight to IVF if we so choose.
Whoever took my initial phone call & scheduled me for the consult was amazing! She was so nice & thorough & had compassion. I don’t remember her name. The other nurses I talked to were alright. I know I was rescheduled twice due to Dr. Hammoud having meetings come up & the Covid pandemic.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic was nice. It seemed like some of the initial paperwork was repetitive, outdated, & had some typing errors that I thought could be updated. Also, I believe the clinic could use an updated patient portal. I had to send in all of my past medical history by fax or mail, when usually there’s a way to email or upload into a portal for most other offices these days.
We were quoted $20,860 for IVF! We can not afford this amount. It’s frustrating too because we make too much to qualify for the “discount” they offer, but we definitely don’t make enough to be able to afford over 20k IVF treatment. IUI’s were more reasonably priced if I remember... around $700 or $800? We just aren’t sure if we are even going to be trying IUI or going straight to IVF for more of a chance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The only major complaint I have is, I completed requested bloodwork after my consultation with Dr. Hammoud & submitted the results. I even talked to a nurse on the phone after I completed them who said she would be watching for them. After they were uploaded I never heard from anyone regarding moving forward with my treatment. Some of my numbers still came back high & I was hoping to hear from someone at the office regarding my elevated levels & if they would be recommending medication or not..
Dearborn

I ovulated twice during prep for an egg retrieval with my first doctor. I never ovulated during prep with Dr. hammoud. With our first clinic we had zero eggs fertilize, with Dr. Hammoud and his knowledge on using calcium ionophore we were able to get 15 to fertilize the first time and 17 the second time. When our transfers didn’t take he came up with a new solution which we are in the middle of right now... was very knowledgeable. The first doctor we saw did not recognize the problem my husband had and did not know how to treat it.
The staff [at IVF Michigan] was always very friendly they always knew who I was when I called even the ladies at the front desk...Nursing staff was very helpful but at Times seemed frustrated or overworked. Sometimes it seemed like they didn’t know exactly what was going on. They forgot to order one of my meds both times...Cetrotide wasn’t ordered on my first ER. Luprin wasn’t ordered on my second ER...Monitoring was between 8-930 am
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Hammoud was very knowledgeable. The first doctor we saw did not recognize the problem my husband had and did not know how to treat it. I ovulated twice during prep for an egg retrieval with my first doctor. I never ovulated during prep with Dr. hammoud. With our first clinic we had zero eggs fertilize, with Dr. Hammoud and his knowledge on using calcium ionophore we were able to get 15 to fertilize the first time and 17 the second time. When our transfers didn’t take he came up with a new solution which we are in the middle of right now.
Listen to his opinions
The staff was always very friendly they always knew who I was when I called even the ladies at the front desk.
Egg retrieval #2 (1st with Dr. Hammoud)- 300 gonal f and 2 menopur everyday until cetrotide was added. Monitoring A couple times a week. 28 eggs retrieved, 24 injected. 1/4th injected with fresh ejaculated sperm, 1/4th with sperm from The testicles, 1/4th with ejaculated sperm and calcium ionophore, and 1/4th with sperm from the testicle and calcium ionophore. 2 day 5 embryos transferred with BFN. Then 3 frozen embryos transferred with a low hcg that continued to drop. 3 remained frozen. 3rd egg retrieval (2nd with Dr. Hammoud)- 24 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 17 fertilized. 11 made it for genetic testing. 3 remaining thawed for genetic testing but only one survived. 12 embryo sent for genetic testing. 7 came back normal. Now waiting for transfer
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
They are very knowledgeable and helpful. They will know who you are. Just be on top of your care and educate yourself too and ask questions. Make sure you do your own research also. The costs can get overwhelming but they do offer some financing through them too.
Monitoring was between 8-930 am
I don’t remember the specifics but each egg retrieval cost about $20,000 plus 5-6 thousand for meds
They would only transfer 2-3 if not genetic tested.
Cetrotide wasn’t ordered on my first ER. Luprin wasn’t ordered on my second ER
Dearborn

He [Dr. Hammoud] was so careful with his words not to offend. He was very sensitive and kind. I was so worried going in, but after talking to him I felt much better. He cared about how I felt and how I was doing during the visit. ... He had our blood drawn to check hormones and has started SAs for my fiance. My TSH was high so he IMMEDIATELY caller in the meds to even it out. He also had me set up an appointment with my OBGYN and start prenatal vitamins.
They [IVF Michigan] are all so postitive and happy. Such a great clinic to go to. ... We walked in and they [nursing staff] were all smiles. So friendly and were willing to work with ua about everything. Everything was set up ready to go and papers ready to be filled out. They asked what gender we were hoping for and told us how great of A Doctor Dr. Hammoud is.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He was wonderful. Very helpful and positive. He answered all my questions and listened to what I said and how I felt. If i didnt understand something he explained it so that I did. I would definitely recommend him.
He knows what hes doing. Trust him to lead the way to your baby.
He was so careful with his words not to offend. He was very sensitive and kind. I was so worried going in, but after talking to him I felt much better. He cared about how I felt and how I was doing during the visit.
He had a consultation with my fiance and myself. He talked us through the options, explained what he thought was best and listened to what we had to say and how we felt. He made sure we understood. He stayer very positive about the whole thing. We can't wait to start the IVF process. He had our blood drawn to check hormones and has started SAs for my fiance. My TSH was high so he IMMEDIATELY caller in the meds to even it out. He also had me set up an appointment with my OBGYN and start prenatal vitamins.
We walked in and they were all smiles. So friendly and were willing to work with ua about everything. Everything was set up ready to go and papers ready to be filled out. They asked what gender we were hoping for and told us how great of A Doctor Dr. Hammoud is.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Ive heard that they are quick to jump to IVF, but with our situation, that will be the only way we would be able to ever conceive. They are all so postitive and happy. Such a great clinic to go to. I have anxiety and I love going to this office.
So far our insurance has covered the majority of prices except the sperm cryo, actual IVF and medications for it. We're at the first stages of the IVF
He said he prefers to do 3. Not too many and just enough so it gives us a chance
Dearborn

I only saw the doctor [Dr. Hammoud] twice, and that was during my initial consult and the saline sonogram. It seems that he is to busy to care about his patients. During the consultation he was quick to pass me off to the nurses and the same thing during the procedure. I saw him for about 2 minutes while he preformed the procedure and then it was up to the nurses to explain everything else to me. I think he needs to speak to his patients and explain what he is seeing more.
The clinic itself [IVF Michigan] is very stark and hospital like. There is not a lot of comfort in the waiting room. It is always busy and running behind. For one procedure I was not taken back until almost 2 hours after my appointment time. In the morning the blood work and ultrasounds were pretty quick, but some days they could take a long time.... The nursing staff was very good about communicating and answering questions. They were amazing at blood draws
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
I only saw the doctor twice, and that was during my initial consult and the saline sonogram. It seems that he is to busy to care about his patients. During the consultation he was quick to pass me off to the nurses and the same thing during the procedure. I saw him for about 2 minutes while he preformed the procedure and then it was up to the nurses to explain everything else to me. I think he needs to speak to his patients and explain what he is seeing more.
Be ready to just deal with the nurses. You will not see the doctor very much, and don't let him push you to IVF if you are not ready.
The consultation with the doctor was not very personal. My files had been transferred from a previous clinic as IVF of MI had taken over the previous clinic files when it closed. He had not looked at the previous files and was very quick. He pushed IVF, before any other treatments were suggested or talked about. It was like I was bothering him by being there for a consultation. He quickly pushed me off to his nurses.
I went through IUI with Dr. Hammoud. The first cycle I was on clomid he started with a lower dose and after 5 days I had to repeat another cycle of clomid. I had 2 follicles and then did an ovadril shot to trigger before the IUI. I was then put on progesterone twice a day after the IUI. The second cycle I did a higher dose of clomid. That did not work well and they put me on meopur for the last 5 days before the ovadril trigger shot. I was then put on progesterone twice a day after the IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Deanna)
The nursing staff was very good about communicating and answering questions. They were amazing at blood draws. They seemed to listen to concerns and get the answers back from the doctor in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic itself is very stark and hospital like. There is not a lot of comfort in the waiting room. It is always busy and running behind. For one procedure I was not taken back until almost 2 hours after my appointment time. In the morning the blood work and ultrasounds were pretty quick, but some days they could take a long time.
Each IUI was 750.00 this did not cover any of the monitoring or medication.
Dearborn

He got right to the point and was thorough in his explanation. I am in the health field and very research based on my decisions, Dr. Hammond took time out of his day to find and send me a study done on IUI treatments.... know that you will mostly see nurses after the initial consultation... For my IUI cycle I was given an initial ultrasound by Dr. Hammond and prescribed 50mg of clomid for 5 days. I was also prescribed ovadril as a trigger shot to be used I believe a day in a half prior to my IUI.
Beautiful office. Finding which door to get into the building was a little troublesome at first. The parking lot is very busy as there are many other offices in the building. I wish they [IVF Michigan] would tell me all the fees for everything upfront rather than sending me a bill.... The only thing I am sure about the cost was the IUI which was $600. All the ultrasounds and office visits my insurance paid for a small amount so I’m not 100% sure how much those cost.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Make sure you get him as your Dr at IVF Michigan. Just know that you will mostly see nurses after the initial consultation
He explained that he really believes I will be pregnant, he explained that it may take time and he understands that couples can be impatient during this processes.
For my IUI cycle I was given an initial ultrasound by Dr. Hammond and prescribed 50mg of clomid for 5 days. I was also prescribed ovadril as a trigger shot to be used I believe a day in a half prior to my IUI. A few days after finishing my last dose of clomid I went in to have a follicle check ultrasound. This ultrasound sound was done by the nurse. There was concern about me having to many follicles, and they were unsure if Dr. Hammond would want to proceed with the IUI. After some time Dr said it was ok to go ahead with the IUI if I was ok and aware of the possibility of having multiples. The Day if the IUI my husband had to go in at 9am to give his sample, then I went in at 11am for my IUI. The nurse did the IUI procedure. I was the prescribed progesterone 10mg to take daily.
Amazing and very knowledgeable. Great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Beautiful office. Finding which door to get into the building was a little troublesome at first. The parking lot is very busy as there are many other offices in the building. I wish they would tell me all the fees for everything upfront rather than sending me a bill.
The only thing I am sure about the cost was the IUI which was $600. All the ultrasounds and office visits my insurance paid for a small amount so I’m not 100% sure how much those cost. I would just get bills in the mail for them every couple of weeks.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
I had one blood test done at my first appointment, I believe it was to test my egg reserves. They never called me with those results even thought they said they would call me in 2 days time. A few weeks later I called to get the results.