IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
9960 Central Park Blvd
Miami, FL 33196
1284 Creekside Street
Naples, FL 34108
239-687-5600
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The clinic [IVFMD South Florida] is clean and the staff are friendly. The check-in process is very smooth. As long as you arrive on time for your appointment, then there is almost never a wait. The Boca location is not open on weekends though, so you have to travel to another location... Nurse Kristi is great! At each appointment, we always share laughter. She spends time with me to explain the procedures, protocol, etc.
European, Latino
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean and the staff are friendly. The check-in process is very smooth. As long as you arrive on time for your appointment, then there is almost never a wait. The Boca location is not open on weekends though, so you have to travel to another location (Cooper City, South Miami, Naples, Jupiter) for certain treatments (i.e. IUI, egg retrieval, egg transfer). This could be an inconvenience depending on where you live.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
The Boca office is not the main location. It is a suite in a building and Dr. Roseff is the only doctor on site. I prefer this small location because you don't feel rushed in and out. You see the same receptionist and same nurses, they become your friends. They know you by name and remember your needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristi )
Nurse Kristi is great! At each appointment, we always share laughter. She spends time with me to explain the procedures, protocol, etc. She uplifts and calms me when I'm sad or stressed. The best way to reach her is via e-mail, she responds almost immediately - and I always have lots of questions.
How was your experience with Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Roseff is caring. He makes it a point to remember personal details I tell him (such as vacation destinations) and asks about it on the next visit. He hugs me every time I see him in the office. He explains the issues and treatment thoroughly to make sure I understand everything before I leave his office. I'm always prepared to ask questions, but he usually answers them all before I have to ask!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Follow his recommendations even if he gives you the option. He wants the best possible outcome to avoid wasting your time and money with multiple cycles.
Describe the protocols Scott Roseff used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Roseff offers a free second opinion so I met with him after 7 failed IUI cycles with a previous fertility clinic. I transferred my medical records to him for review prior to the initial consultation. Upon review, he immediately determined that I had a thyroid issue which can cause infertility. After one year of treatment, my prior RE failed to diagnose this! Dr.Roseff had me test again to confirm and treat me accordingly. He also advised I had a dimished ovarian reserve which I already knew. He did thorough testing including an SIS which was perfect. He recommended a new protocol: IUI with Femara. I have tried Clomid before (failed) and he advised I might have better luck with Femara. He also recommended IVF but left me with the choice. I opted for IUI cycle #8 - failed. He strongly believes based on his experience that I have endometriosis and that is preventing my chances to conceive with IUI. The only way to diagnose endometriosis is with a laparoscopy procedure. Instead of spending time and money on a laparaoscopy procedure, we agreed to go straight to IVF treatment. I am currently about to start stims in my first IVF cycle and I feel well prepared!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic accepts United Healthcare insurance so for office visits and ultrasounds I only had to pay a co-pay. They also allowed me to use LabCorp for some bloodwork which was covered 100%. IUI is about $200 plus $125 for thawing of frozen donor sperm.
Boca Raton
IVFMD of Naples has an extremely caring staff. Their want and need to help with our infertility needs is very focused and supportive. Their weakness are not communicating about some hidden costs and explaining all that is covered in their packages.... My wife and myself receive phone calls from our nurse letting us know exactly what is going on. Jodi is always willing to work with us and help us when we come to any toad blocks. All of the nurses at the office are pleasant, caring and genuinely exited for their patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
I am always greeted with a smile and a warm personable hello. All of the nurses we have encountered have never rushed us and were always eager to ease our anxieties.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jodi)
How was your experience with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Alford is a very intelligent woman and she knows exactly what she is doing. Which eases the stress that comes with this situation. She has an educated and caring answer for any and all questions. We did have a hard time socially with her as my wife and I are very outgoing and social. She knows her stuff and cares but there isn’t much time for jokes and chit chat, which is understandable. Her heart is in the right place and that means the world to us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Be ready financially. Most insurances do not cover her services and it is costly. Be ready for fees that you didn’t expect. Such as lab work and a few procedures. Be sure to ask as we were surprised a few times .
Describe the protocols Connie Alford used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
To date we have had our consult, my wife started with an SIS, this is a saline ultrasound used to look at the uterus and cervix. Now we are starting with the meds and have weekly blood tests and ultrasounds to check hormone levels and monitor the uterine lining. We will be doing the IVF transfer in the next coming weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic offers packages that relate to your specific needs. They are costly and not everything is included.
Describe Connie Alford's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Alford suggested that if we had strong embryos to only do a single transfer but if they are weak to do a multiple embryo transfer.
2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological, Unexplained
I am overall very pleased with the clinic [IVFMD South Florida Inst]. Despite being a large center, it maintains a personal feel. I did have issues with the financial department - the contract I was supposed to sign had huge errors and I had to argue about having them adjusted.... The nursing team was responsive and caring. They were patient with me and kept me organized.... We did a 2 fresh 2 frozen package with ARC fertility and it was around $18,000.
2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological, Unexplained
I am overall very pleased with the clinic. Despite being a large center, it maintains a personal feel. I did have issues with the financial department - the contract I was supposed to sign had huge errors and I had to argue about having them adjusted. Their legal team did agree with most of my changes and updated the contract for me but it was a frustrating process. The financial team also wasn't clear on when payments were due despite me asking numerous times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
He was protective of the embryos we had created and did extensive immune testing after our second miscarriage to find the root of the issue. It was clear that he was invested in our success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grethel Sanchez)
How was your experience with Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Gelman is clinical enough to give you confidence in your treatment but warm enough to make you feel like a human. He always presented the course of treatment based on evidence and was aggressive with making sure we had the best shot each attempt. He was patient with my barrage of questions and took the time to make me feel confident in our treatments, understand why we were doing things a certain way, and educate me. I left each visit with a solid understanding of why we were doing something.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. If there's something you dont understand or want to know more about, ask. He will be patient and take the time educating you and explaining the procedures, risks, options, and recommendations. It never felt like I was bothering him.
Describe the protocols Kenneth Gelman used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I dont remember, we did use menopur and follistim for my egg retrieval. I had 14 eggs retrieved and that led to 6 5-day embryos. We did a fresh cycle and transferred 2 embryos. I got pregnant but had a miscarriage. We did a frozen cycle and transferred 2 embryos and got pregnant with my son. We did a frozen cycle with one embryo transferred and it was negative.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
We did a 2 fresh 2 frozen package with ARC fertility and it was around $18,000. I paid my clinic directly for our FET and it was $5,500 without medications. There was a $500 discount for payment with cashier's check.
Describe Kenneth Gelman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
During my first to ivf cycles we transferred 2 embryos each time. Both times I got pregnant with one baby. The most recent time we transferred only one embryo b/c I had gestational diabetes with my son and dr gelman had concerns should I get pregnant with multiples. That cycle did not work although he indicated the success rate with 1 vs 2 embryos was not significantly different.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Immunological
The Boca Raton clinic [IVFMD-S FL Inst- Boca] does not perform all the procedures so I did have to go to the clinic in Jupiter for egg retrieval and transfer....Kristi is the absolute best nurse...She is ALWAYS available by email (or phone), with super quick responses....The Boca Raton clinic itself is very nice and clean...One weakness of the clinic I went to was the lab for blood draws would sometimes be backed up and I would have to wait up to a half-hour....
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Immunological
The Boca Raton clinic does not perform all the procedures so I did have to go to the clinic in Jupiter for egg retrieval and transfer. The RE at that clinic that did my retrieval and transfers (Dr. McCarthy), is absolutely the nicest and funniest lady ever. She always put me at ease during the procedures. The Boca Raton clinic itself is very nice and clean. The main receptionist Chantelle is great, and she really knows her stuff. The lab ladies were very very nice as well. One weakness of the clinic I went to was the lab for blood draws would sometimes be backed up and I would have to wait up to a half-hour. However, that's not too bad at all compared to the wait times I have had at the OB and other doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristi)
Kristi is the absolute best nurse I have ever met (and I work as a nurse!). She is ALWAYS available by email (or phone), with super quick responses. Having a nurse thats always available by email or phone is essential when you are undergoing such a complicated treatment like IVF. She was always very reassuring and knowledgeable about what comes next in the treatment plan. I don't think I could have made it through IVF without her!
I absolutely trust Dr. Roseff as an expert in infertility and IVF. He has a lot of experience and keeps up to date with current research. Furthermore, he is a very kind human being and my appointments with him were always on time. I definitely felt like I was in the right hands when it came to my treatment. I would not hesitate to recommend him for his expertise.
I would tell a prospective patient to not look elsewhere. Take a look at Dr. Roseff's success rates. Do not waste your money at a different clinic! Do it right, so you only have to do it once.
I was diagnosed with endometriosis and a blocked tube by a previous OB/GYN. Only Dr. Roseff diagnosed me as having PCOS, which was a key component in treating my infertility (No OB/GYN in my whole life detected PCOS, and I've had a lot of them). I went straight to IVF since I personally knew other treatments would be a waste of time and money with all the factors affecting my fertility. We used the antagonist protocol, which yielded great results without throwing me into OHSS. I requested to do a fresh transfer despite the fact that Dr. Roseff advised against it because of my high hormone levels from PCOS. Unfortunately the fresh transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy, but that is of no fault of Dr. Roseff (he did warn me against it). I did a frozen transfer next, which Dr. Roseff stated he was very optimistic about. I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and feel my little baby BOY kicking me everyday. He knew it would work this time, thats how amazing he is at his job.
I was able to do my treatment cycle through WinFertility, which bundled the IVF with meds for a discount.
Describe Scott Roseff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Roseff is very pro-eSET which I find great. The clinic's results are so great and Dr. Roseff knows when an eSET is best for a patient. He does let the patient choose if they want to do more than one embryo though.
Boca Raton
My nurse and IVF coordinator [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were amazing. They responded to emails and phone calls very quickly. And patiently reviewed everything until I completely unsterstood it. I had full trust in them...The only weakness is the wait time on some days...Their strengths are consistency and compassion. They do not have a high turn over. Which makes you feel comfortable seeing the same friendly, familiar faces each visit.
The only weakness is the wait time on some days. But I guess that’s what happens when you provide great results. Their strengths are consistency and compassion. They do not have a high turn over. Which makes you feel comfortable seeing the same friendly, familiar faces each visit.
Dr Gelman always took the time to explain treatments in a way we could understand. He and his nurses are compassionate and have great empathy for our situation. They treated us like family. With all their hard work we are now pregnant and doing great!
My nurse and IVF coordinator were amazing. They responded to emails and phone calls very quickly. And patiently reviewed everything until I completely unsterstood it. I had full trust in them.
I feel Dr Gelman took a personal interest in our case. He never gave up and was always positive yet honest. I felt that Dr Gelman was easy to talk to and always made me and my husband feel comfortable even in difficult situations. He never made us feel rushed. And returned calls promptly.
Keep an open mind.
My first stimulation cycle I used Menapur,Gonal F and cetrotide. I believe they retrieved approximated 10 embryos (?) but only 1 lived to day 5. That transferred embryo did not result in a pregnancy. The 2nd stimulation I used ganirelix, follistim, low dose ovidril, cetrotide and lupron. That resulted in 16 embryos retrieved (?) and 4 made it to day 5. 1 transferred and did not result in a pregnancy. The other 3 were PGS and of those 3, 2 were normal. 1 was abnormal and discarded. Of the 2 remaining. We transferred 1 and that resulted in a pregnancy which I am currently 5 mo pregnant. And the other one is frozen for a future transfer.
Approximately $50,000 total. For stimulations, transfers, testing, IUIs, etc.
I prefer elective single embryo transfer.
Male Factor, Other
The prescreening [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] after I had done some tests with another location for myself was $1,500 and my partner was $500. The IVF process was around $23,000. There were a lot of vitamins required to take as well that was probably around 1,500 so far for the both of us...She [nurse] was available at all time for any communication or clarification I needed. She was very organized and laid everything out for is on a calendar. She was on top of my results and what was needed to be done. Very personable and friendly.
Male Factor, Other
This clinic is very nice. Its not a huge office but very welcoming. They are all organized and on top of things. They advise you of all the payment costs upfront before you start any cycles. They have the vitamins available they recommend you purchase. They are open early in the morning to take care of things before going to work. The only drawback is the Boca Office isn't open on weekends so if you need a service you have to go to one of their other locations.
very explanatory and informative, gentle and always available.
She was available at all time for any communication or clarification I needed. She was very organized and laid everything out for is on a calendar. She was on top of my results and what was needed to be done. Very personable and friendly.
Dr. Roseff, was always available if I needed to speak to him about something. He was very informative and advised us of the risks and benefits throughout the whole process. He was very gentle when he advised us of our results and reasons for non success up until that point. I have total faith in Dr. Roseff.
He is very gentle and welcoming.
I am currently going through my first cycle with Dr. Roseff. I had 3 previous unsuccessful IUI attempts before coming to him. He adjusted my medications to accommodate my bodies needs.
The prescreening after I had done some tests with another location for myself was $1,500 and my partner was $500. The IVF process was around $23,000. There were a lot of vitamins required to take as well that was probably around 1,500 so far for the both of us.
Miami
I honestly feel that this office [IVFMD- Boca Raton] is very well organized. They respond promptly with questions, calls and emails. I rarely had to make more than one call to have questions answered and referred my friend to them because they made me feel safe in my experience.... I loved the nursing staff and felt cared for and important. They always followed up with me and are very encouraging.
I honestly feel that this office is very well organized. They respond promptly with questions, calls and emails. I rarely had to make more than one call to have questions answered and referred my friend to them because they made me feel safe in my experience.
I was treated with respect and the fertility process was thoroughly explained to me. Dr. Roseff made suggestions for what may help me achieve my goals but also made sure that I had realistic expectations of my procedures. He even made sure to call me personally to check up on me when I struggled emotionally with the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Vesh)
Dr. Roseff is always kind when I come in and made sure to thoroughly examine anything that may potentially create a barrier to successful conception. He explained procedures before, during and after and made sure to make time to answer my questions. He shows a lot of empathy and understanding of the stress I was going through.
Make sure to disclose everything and take suggestions.
My treatment started with thorough examinations including checking for tubal blockage, health of my uterus, ovarian reserve, blood panels, genetic testing, etc. Once he determined that I don’t have any complications that may interfere with pregnancy we moved on to IUI. My IUI cycle started with a sonogram to check my ovaries for follicles followed by 5 days of femara. I then came in for another sonogram to check the maturity of my follicles and if I was ready I’d receive a trigger shot. The next day I’d go in for my IUI and a second one the next day. Then came the two week wait. One week after my IUI I had my progesterone levels checked and the week after that an HCG test.
I had to pay out of pocket but the staff made sure to do what they could to minimize my costs. Anything that could be covered by my insurance was facilitated.
Boca Raton
The staff is WONDERFUL [at IVFMD-S FL] Everyone is so nice and remembers details about you so you don’t just feel like a number. I’m an email person and the nurses and coordinators would respond to me within minutes! They are quick and will answer any question you may have or resolve any problem that arises same day even if that means curbsiding Dr Gelman.
The clinic is great. They answer the phone in timely fashion. They can get you scheduled on the date and usually even time you need. They provide reminder calls and make check in super easy by scanning your card. They call you into your appt on time and everything is streamlined. Check out is a breeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yvonne Martinez)
The staff is WONDERFUL. Everyone is so nice and remembers details about you so you don’t just feel like a number. I’m an email person and the nurses and coordinators would respond to me within minutes! They are quick and will answer any question you may have or resolve any problem that arises same day even if that means curbsiding Dr Gelman.
I can’t say enough about Dr Gelman at the Cooper City office. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for over a year and had a consultation with Dr Gelman where it was painfully obvious that IVF may be our only option. We were concerned about the price and the odds with IVF but I remember Dr Gelman saying “I can get you pregnant” and that’s EXACTLY what he did. We got pregnant with our first IVF cycle and we couldn’t be happier. Dr Gelman is very thorough and knowledgeable and would take time out to listen to any concern we had during the process which made us feel at ease.
Listen to him and trust that he knows what he is doing. He has been getting women pregnant for eats and has seen it all. He knows how to create the optimum environment for you to conceive so just relax and trust in the process.
The cost was what was expected with fertility care. Insurance covered most of my visits so I only had to pay copay. The clinic provided you with nanes of companies who offered fertility treatment bundles at cheaper rate as well as pharmacies that offered medications at lower prices.
Hollywood
I think the staff [at IVFMD] and nurses are exceptional and extremely smart so even when you can't speak to the doctor you can get a lot of answers or better explanations through them. Overall it was pretty easy to make appointments...The wait time was very minimal I was always in and out there from beginning to end within an hour which I absolutely loved. The only downside...is slightly more expensive than the previous doctor I saw but because the results were way more beneficial it's something I'd be willing to do again.
I think the staff and nurses are exceptional and extremely smart so even when you can't speak to the doctor you can get a lot of answers or better explanations through them. Overall it was pretty easy to make appointments and reach somebody there though it normally took by end of day to get a call back. The wait time was very minimal I was always in and out there from beginning to end within an hour which I absolutely loved. The only downside I can say but in which I'm willing to accept is it is slightly more expensive than the previous doctor I saw but because the results were way more beneficial it's something I'd be willing to do again.
Each time I would have a doctor's visit the nurses would remember me and ask me how I'm feeling and how is everything going. The doctor was very honest and caring when I explain to him my situations and concerns and personally did many of the treatments. I always felt very comfortable throughout all the tests and exams and compared to the previous doctor I saw this was the best clinic and doctor I've ever had help me with my fertility problems.
I absolutely loved all the nurses and workers in the Cooper City office. Many of them remembered me during my follow-ups and the nurses were extremely sympathetic and understanding to my circumstances. They did their best in helping me with payment and obtaining medication. Also I have to be honest that the nurses were extremely intelligent and knowledgeable in the entire process so I felt very comfortable on asking questions with them as well as the doctor which from previous experience this was not typical.
He was very honest and sympathetic to my situation. He took his time to do an ultrasound for me after I got a missed diagnosis from the previous doctor because he wanted to verify what the doctor was saying was true and the other doctor was wrong. I always felt very comfortable with him and his ability to treat me and because of the vigilance that he provided I was able to conceive with the one IUI while the previous doctor I used caused me to have to failed IUIs.
Listen to what the doctor is telling you not how he's expressing it because he can be blunt in some ways but I feel like that's the best way that I can and other people can understand the situation.
From the first day of the consultation the doctor reviewed my test results I brought in and listen to my situation with my previous doctor and failed IUIs. He did an ultrasound during the consultation because he felt that the other doctor may have misdiagnosed me which was true. From that point on he required all the typical fertility and test done which I've had done previously so everything was similar to what I have gone through before. Then on the first IUI cycle, i came in with my period and they did blood work to check my hormone levels then I did my ultrasound and subsequent ultrasounds after that until they saw I was ovulating. Two days before the insemination they provided me the HCG injection and then after that they did the IUI two days later. When they did my last ultrasound they saw that my uterine lining was slightly thin so they put me on estrogen patches. 7 days after the IUI, i came in to do a follow-up blood work they picked up that my progesterone was low and followed up with providing me with progesterone suppositories. With my previous experience in infertility my other doctor did not do any of these tests aside from the ultrasounds and never recommended any supplements. Two weeks after the insemination I conceived which was a first for me and throughout the process of the nine weeks I was monitored with him. I had a slight scare at 5 to 6 weeks. The office did an ultrasound each time I was bleeding and eventually changed my medication because it might have been the reason I was bleeding. Since that time and up until the time I was discharged my pregnancy has been perfect. I honestly feel that without the additional blood works and test and monitoring I would have never conceived and so for this I am extremely grateful to the doctor and his staff for their dedication and compassion to their patients.
everything was itemized and charged per visit. It could get slightly confusing in what was actually needed compared to what was recommended. In my case I already knew what I had done and so would decline certain treatments or tests because I had already done it. Overall I wish they had more of a streamline cost for IUI that include everything necessary for that cycle and if you needed additional stuff they can explain that further.
Not applicable
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
It is a small office, with only one doctor & plenty of support staff. They are never too busy, and they all know and care about their patients...Dr. Roseff and his staff are incredibly caring and personable. His schedule is full, but never over-booked. I have never waited more than 10 minutes to be seen, and have never felt rushed through an appointment. He has always given us ample time to think of questions and to discuss our options in detail. He helped guide us while always respecting our wants/needs/desires.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Everyone on staff with Dr. Roseff has been excellent to work with. They are all so gentle, kind, and caring.
Although you may not get a "warm, fuzzy" feeling from Dr. Roseff when you first sit down with him, we learned quickly that he is incredibly caring and trustworthy. He will answer every question you have honestly & openly. He is incredibly knowledgeable & keeps up with current research. He always explained all of our options, but we never felt pressured into any treatments that we weren't comfortable with. He genuinely cares and is invested in helping his patients succeed.
Don't think that you will be pressured into IVF just because it's the name of the practice.
We started with supplements to treat my PCOS & supplements to boost my husband's fertility as well. That was successful, however after having our first child, we experienced 2 miscarriages. Further testing revealed endometritis, which was treated with antibiotics, and elevated natural killer cells, which was treated with an IV lipid infusion once a month while trying to conceive again.
Boca Raton
Clinic [IVFMD] is very nice and inviting. Chantel, the secretary, is amazing... She also helped us to understand insurance and prices ahead of time so we knew what to expect for services rendered. The rooms are comfy and the girls who take blood are all very sweet...[Nurse] Kristi Vesh was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how she stayed on top of it so well considering all the patients she has! I was truly amazed by her follow-up. She answered all phone calls and all questions quickly.
Clinic is very nice and inviting. Chantel, the secretary, is amazing. My husband and I always looked forward to seeing her. She was on top of things and always helped us with checking out and scheduling appointments. She also helped us to understand insurance and prices ahead of time so we knew what to expect for services rendered. The rooms are comfy and the girls who take blood are all very sweet. I really have no complaints about this place!
From the beginning, Dr. Roseff presented a very caring and understanding attitude towards both me and my husband. He was always friendly and inviting and always made me feel comfortable. He always said hello and asked how we were doing prior to any tests/ultrasounds or whatever it was that was scheduled to be done. Never did I feel like a number and I'm so thankful for the comfortable atmosphere being around Dr. Roseff.
Kristi Vesh was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how she stayed on top of it so well considering all the patients she has! I was truly amazed by her follow-up. She answered all phone calls and all questions quickly. She followed up with e-mails with step-by-step instructions which I was super appreciative of! Truly a gem to Dr. Roseff, this girl was great.
Dr. Roseff is amazing. Nervous for that initial appointment just b/c of the depressing situation of recurrent miscarriages, he made me feel much more at ease. Dr. Roseff is very compassionate and extremely educated in what he does. I like that he is no-nonsense and lays everything out on the table, no questions asked. He was very thorough and explained everything that was happening (or going to happen) to a T! He answered all questions and never let me leave guessing. He made the whole experience great. Plus, he was always there. I liked knowing that when I came, I was seeing him. My trust was 100% in this man, as I truly believed and trusted that he knew his stuff! And guess what? He did. First try and I'm successfully pregnant. I can't thank Dr. Roseff enough for his expertise and friendship in giving me what I've always wanted. Thank you.
Have an open mind. Listen to all the options he gives you and trust that he really does know his stuff! He is very prideful on his success so believe me when I tell you --- he is going to HELP you!
I was placed on a good pre-natal, Metformin, and baby aspirin. I was also prescribed vaginal progesterone. I had a saline procedure done and also several biopsies. I had several of those b/c of some pesky infection but Dr. Roseff didn't give up on me. Finally, it was gone. I had several Intralipid IV's to combat natural killer cells as well.
No cost is comparable to a baby, so the costs to me are irrelevant for the work Dr. Roseff did and the success I've achieved.
22 Eggs Frozen
IVFMD is a wonderful place to receive treatment! They treat you kindly and humanely, they know what they are talking about and they communicate well with you. For the most part, they do a great job of relaying information between their multiple office locations as well, since it is necessary in most cases for patients to travel between offices for certain procedures and timing of visits...My costs for egg retrieval and freezing was $6,114.00.
22 Eggs Frozen
IVFMD is a wonderful place to receive treatment! They treat you kindly and humanely, they know what they are talking about and they communicate well with you. For the most part, they do a great job of relaying information between their multiple office locations as well, since it is necessary in most cases for patients to travel between offices for certain procedures and timing of visits. If there is any lapse in communication or confusion between what you hear at each office, simply contact the head nurse in charge of your case and she will clear any issues up immediately.
Dr. Roseff was always kind, attentive and sensitive to my needs and feelings. His bedside manner was excellent and his level of knowledge was extensive.
Kristi was my rock throughout this process. She was always available to answer questions and provide helpful and compassionate care and advice. She made me comfortable and even made me laugh! The other nurses and staff were amazing as well- they were always friendly, knowledgeable and patient with my constant questions and occasional bouts of anxiety.
Dr. Roseff showed strength in his communication, compassion and depth of knowledge. My results in egg freezing were even a little better than he predicted, which made both of us happy! I only wish that he was present at my appointments a bit more, but he was still available when I needed him and present when it was very important for him to be there.
Do have confidence in this wonderful doctor and lovely person who will do his best to provide you with the help you need. Do not be discouraged by the fact that he is busy, as he will regardless treat you with respect, attention and human kindness.
I do not recall the strategy or name of the protocols used. I chose to have my eggs retrieved and frozen based on my advanced age (35), a possible but unconfirmed diagnosis of endometriosis, male infertility factor in my partner and my failure to achieve a pregnancy in the past eight years, although I am currently waiting to try to conceive again for another year or two. The hormone injections and pills that I took to prepare for my egg retrieval produced 26 retrievable eggs. I took a course of Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron, and Novarel. Out of those 26, 22 were suitable for freezing.
My costs for egg retrieval and freezing was $6,114.00.
N/a I have not created embryos yet.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Clinic Strengths [IVFMD]: - Really caring medical staff - Lots of communication - Doctors know what they are doing Clinic Weaknesses: - Financial team seems to try to find something new to charge you for every visit. However, if you keep copies of your receipts and contracts, you will be fine. Hold your own and be your own advocate and you will be fine. - If your appointment is at 7:30am, do not plan on being seen before 8:00am. It will not happen.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Black or African-American
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Clinic Strengths: - Really caring medical staff - Lots of communication - Doctors know what they are doing Clinic Weaknesses: - Financial team seems to try to find something new to charge you for every visit. However, if you keep copies of your receipts and contracts, you will be fine. Hold your own and be your own advocate and you will be fine. - If your appointment is at 7:30am, do not plan on being seen before 8:00am. It will not happen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
The office is very warm and friendly. The nurses remember you and speak to you like a member of the family. Dr. Wood was personally involved and discussed my treatment with me and even did 3 of my daily monitoring ultrasounds herself.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Belkis)
The nursing staff worked really hard to make sure that they answered all of my questions (and I had a lot) on every call. Belkis answered my voicemails and emails the same day, sometimes within the hour.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Wood worked with us directly and made it clear what we needed to do in order to achieve our goals. She did not mince words and was very straightforward about the risks and benefits of our situation. We left that appointment very confident. When we were going through our Stim cycle, we did some of my monitoring ultrasounds personally and really made me feel like she was monitoring me closely.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure you come into the 1st consult with all of your records. Dr. Woods is very thorough and is going to go through every detail to make sure that she understands your case, but also that you know what you are in for.
Describe the protocols Ellen Wood used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We just completed our 1st IVF stim cycle with Dr. Wood. Due to my high risk of OHSS, she wanted to be very careful with my medications. We went in to the office for monitoring 13 days out of my 15 day stim cycle. We did Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetratide. For the first 9 days of the cycle I did 75 units each of Gonal-F and Menopur. Towards the end, they upped the Gonal-F to 150 and added 1 dose of Cetratide. This was taken every night between 7-9pm. On the days of our monitoring visits, we would go in at 7:30am for bloodwork and ultrasound. Then around 4pm each day, we would dial into the voicemail system for the notice about our medications for the evening. Originally, the plan was for us to come in every other day, but as they saw some concerning things on the ultrasound, Dr. Wood increased the frequency of our visits and started doing our ultrasounds herself.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Simplified plan with PGS and FET - $22,828.50 Genetic Testing - $500 Semen Analysis - $400 Donor Thaw Fee - $150 "Natural Killer Cell" blood work - $300
Describe Ellen Wood's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Wood let us know in our first visit with her that in our case, she would strongly recommend that we do the FET with PGS testing and implant a single embryo.
2007 - 2017
Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological, Other
office staff [IVFMD-S FL Inst - Boca] was wonderful...Kristi was an amazing nurse. She was very available to me. She answered voicemails and calls quickly. She really felt like a partner and support on the journey. I was especially grateful for her during the first trimester of my current pregnancy which was my first pregnancy after loss. I was so worried and stressed. She was so very kind and supportive. Love her.
2007 - 2017
Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological, Other
I did not end up having to use any treatments we got pregnant on our own the cycle before we were going to start an iui. So I really can't comment on those things.
Dr. Roseff took the time to really get to know you, your history, your hopes for the future and helps you develop a plan that's best for you. His office staff was wonderful and he took as much time as we needed at each appointment.
I had a really great experience with Dr. Roseff. I had never had a doctor that was so caring and proactive. He ran the extra testing I wanted that other doctors refused to do. He helped me discover I have Hashimotos which I never would have known without his extra testing. He cares a lot about your overall health and made great lifestyle suggestions. He was never pushy about any treatment. He made recommendations but always left the choices up to you. He let me question everything and was happy to explain all of his reasoning. He was positive but also realistic. I am so grateful we found him.
Try to be open to his lifestyle suggestions... he really does want to help people get healthier to fix root causes of problems and to make sure you have the best possible shot at a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. In my case we ended up pregnant without fertility treatments but after following Dr. Roseff's lifestyle advice. At the time I was tempted to be impatient and start a treatment right away but I am so glad we didn't.
The costs can be high depending on the treatment, but the costs are average for our area.
8 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
[Nurse at IVFMD] Kristi is incredibly kind and answered countless questions from me very quickly. Every time I went to the office Kristi and all the nursing staff were efficient , helpful, compassionate and enthusiastic depending on the circumstances...The Boca office is a very friendly, personable place where they know you and you are not a number. I had a lot of tests and a lot of paperwork and everything was processed accurately and efficiently. They coordinate very well with the Miami office that does the transfers and contains the lab
8 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
Dr Roseff's office is a standout in the 3 practices I have visited for level of care. His entire staff is friendly, well informed, and efficient. Dr Roseff went above and beyond to answer questions, explain everything thoroughly with immediate feedback in the office or through email when issues arose outside of appointments. Dr Roseff is very current on all the issues and still recognizes above all that this is an extremely difficult and emotional process. I felt like he was really invested in my success and when that success came he was genuinely happy for me! The first time didn't work but he was encouraging and we dug a little deeper to resolve an issue. He is forthright about issues and probabilities while still remaining positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristi vesh)
Kristi is incredibly kind and answered countless questions from me very quickly. Every time I went to the office Kristi and all the nursing staff were efficient , helpful, compassionate and enthilusiastic depending on the circumstances
Again, I think Dr Roseff is exceptional in his balance of explaining the realities of ivf while still remaining positive. I felt like he left no stone unturned when it came to diagnosis. Much of the diagnostics were done before we even began instead of waiting for issues and then fixing them along the way. Every time I sat down with him I felt like my success was important to Dr Roseff. He is very patient and explains things very well. At no point did I feel like I was rushed or that any question wasn't answered intelligently and thoroughly. its a difficult process emotionally and financially and that is not lost on him.
Ask a lot of questions. He is a great communicator and is happy to share the knowledge he has accumulated over the years. You will not be rushed out of the office and he enjoys his job!
If I had known about dr roseff initially I would have gone straight to him! we did Lupron to surpress the ovaries then estrogen and progesterone timed for FET. After a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks after a positive pregnancy test the first time we did an endometrial biopsy and identified endometritis. We treated it and did a follow up biopsy which came back negative. The second transfer worked and I am now 10 weeks pregnant with a singleton. Did elective single embryo transfer.
I paid out of pocket...I thought the pricing was competitive compared to the other clinics I had been to. I didn't feel nickled and dimed
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Yoselyn Diaz, affectionately known as "Yosi" [a nurse at IVFMed] was beyond amazing. Yosi was always there to answer my questions and address my concerns. She was caring and compassionate and made me feel as though she was invested in my process. She was helpful and resourceful. Honestly, the best!... The clinic has a dedicated team of individuals. They are professional and knowledgeable in the field. One of my observations would be that I had instances when I would like voicemail messages and wouldn't get a timely response. In terms of aesthetics, the clinic's lobby is tastefully decorated and everything is clean and organized.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Eisermann and his team are very professional. After our first failed attempt they were all very reassuring and caring. Dr. Eisermann worked on identifying the issue of our first attempt and within a few short months we were trying again, this time we had 2 frozen embryos transferred which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. We are expecting twins (boy & girl) in early 2018. His supporting team is beyond amazing. My coordinator was Yosi, she communicated with me on an ongoing basis, answered all and any of my questions with honesty and care. She always made me feel like she cared about my process and outcome. Highly recommend this team!
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yoselyn Diaz)
Yoselyn Diaz, affectionately known as "Yosi" was beyond amazing. Yosi was always there to answer my questions and address my concerns. She was caring and compassionate and made me feel as though she was invested in my process. She was helpful and resourceful. Honestly, the best!
How was your experience with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Eisermann and his team are very professional. When you interact with him you can immediately tell that he is well versed in his field. His level of knowledge is evident. I felt that because he explains this every day, multiple times a day, he sometimes goes too fast and can be confusing. He reassures you when you ask a question but left me feeling unclear with his final answer. What I do love about him is that after our failed attempt he told me that he would work with me to identify why we did not get pregnant. He set me up for a few tests and immediately identified a possible caused. He addressed it and within a few months we were pregnant with twins.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Follow his instructions to the letter. Rely on his team to offer the additional support you will need. When in doubt of ask him for further details, if still not sure, contact another individual from his team who can help.
Describe the protocols Juergen Eisermann used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
One of the things I remember is that after my first failed attempt, the doctor wanted to identify why my embryo didn't attach. After running some tests he set me up for intralipid transfusions which allowed my body to be receptive and not reject my second transfer. I needed a total of three intralipid transfusions, two were administered in the doctor's office and the last one was conveniently set to be done in my home (same cost).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
I invested over $30K in the process (two attempts)
Describe Juergen Eisermann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Eisermann really left it up to my husband and I to chose. We didn't have that many available to begin with, so on our first attempt we decided on one embryo (didn't attach). Second attempt, we opted for two embryos which resulted in a twin pregnancy. We are expecting a boy and a girl.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Ask for alternative pricing package [at IVFMD]. Possible discounts available if paying out of pocket...Did not like my nurse, but Belkis who was a coordinator was excellent, organized and responsible, other staff and nurses were nice...Endometrial scratch prior and treated emdometritis with 3 weeks antibiotics prior to FET, transferred 2 embryos. One took, positive beta, currently 29 weeks!
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Ask for alternative pricing package. Possible discounts available if paying out of pocket. Keep papers and document for future reference. Be your own advocate!
Anytime I would not get an answer from nurses or needed to confirm Dr Wood was available to answer the questions or clarify ( via email )
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yes, was not a fan of my assigned nurse, but loved Belkis who filled in for the nurse! )
Dr Wood's has great knowledge base, as of matter of fact her nick name is the "encyclopedia ". She is up to date with the new studies. She also thinks outside the box which is so important in infertility treatment. She is also willing to try newer treatment options unlike some other physicians that would only do for example day 5 transfer. I would highly recommend her.
Do your research and ask lots of questions. While you are going through infertility treatment, you need to be your own advocate
Cycle 1- pqq and coq10 supplementation 2 month prior to cycle,antagonist cycle, prime with bcp, gonal, menopur, cetrotide, trigger with pregnyl and Lupron, 45 retrieved ,26 mature,9 fertilized with icsi, by day 3 all 20-30 % fragmentation, none made it past day 3, no transfer. Cycle 2-mini ivf with famera and Follistim, human growth hormone, icsi, calcium ionophore, additional supplementation with metformin and myo-inositol, 3 follicles prior to retrieval, ovulated 2 prior to retrival, 1 retrieved , fresh day 3 transfer- negative results Cycle 3- long luteal Lupron, with human growth hormone, follistim, growth hormone, steroid, lupron, menopur. 25 retrieved, 16 mature, 6 fertilized with icsi and calcium ionophore, 3 made it to day 3 with 10-15% fragmentation, froze 2 day 3 and let the 3 one grow in lab. The third one did not grow. Endometrial scratch prior and treated emdometritis with 3 weeks antibiotics prior to FET, transferred 2 embryos. One took, positive beta, currently 29 weeks!
Around 55,0000-60,000
We transferred the only embryos left.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Immunological
I love the nursing staff [at IVFMD - Miami]! They felt like family after all we had been through. I felt that you do have to be on top of things and call if you don't hear back about test results or if you have questions but they are always happy to answer your questions and you never feel like you are bothering them....once or twice I had to ask about a test result but it was for smaller tests, nothing big like PGS or anything...The company (IVF-MD) is pretty big so it can be difficult to deal with financials and appointments.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Immunological
Strength- Dr Roseff, Kristi, and Dr. McCarthy were all amazing! You feel that they get to know you personally and really care about your treatment. Weakness- The company (IVF-MD) is pretty big so it can be difficult to deal with financials and appointments. But get to know the office staff at Dr. Roseff's office. They will help you through this part!
Dr Roseff and his nurse Kristi took all the time I needed to answer my questions and emails. I never felt rushed in his office.
I love the nursing staff! They felt like family after all we had been through. I felt that you do have to be on top of things and call if you don't hear back about test results or if you have questions but they are always happy to answer your questions and you never feel like you are bothering them.
We felt that Dr. Roseff genuinely enjoys his job and is a very thorough doctor. After visiting another doctor in the area, we felt more comfortable with him because we felt that he took the time to do tests and procedures to determine the best course of treatment for us rather than just rush us into the procedures. It did not feel like a "one-size-fits-all" category. He was realistic and sometimes blunt about our chances, which we appreciated because we realized that we faced difficult odds. We felt that he would tell us if he felt it was time to switch treatment courses so that it did not waste our money. We also liked his holistic approach. I followed his recommendations on vitamins and acupuncture and I do think it made a real difference in my course of treatment. I definitely felt that we were treated personally and were not a number in the process. Even though Dr. Roseff did not perform my actual retrieval or transfer, we had Dr. McCarthy in the Jupiter office and she was amazing too! After the positive pregnancy test, Dr. Roseff carefully monitored the pregnancy for the first 10 weeks and this made me feel very comfortable. When it was time to switch to an OBGYN in the pregnancy, I wished we could continue with Dr. Roseff instead! We plan on coming back in the future to try for number 2!
The process can be frustrating and sometimes it is hard to hear negative news but you are in good hands and he will do everything he can to help you get pregnant.
After testing and diagnosis, I did 3 months of a extensive vitamin protocol and acupuncture. We started injections for an egg retrieval within 6 months of my first visit. We had to cancel the first cycle to adjust the medications but did so early enough to prevent losing too much money. Our second cycle was successful and we retrieved two healthy frozen embryos with PGS testing. Because of my DOR, we decided to keep those frozen and try for another cycle to do a fresh transfer (because the PGS screening came back positive). We changed the protocol to a lupron start to try for a better result in the number of eggs but it didn't work for me. I had fewer egg follicles and actually ovulated early! We spoke with Dr. Roseff and he agreed that we should revert back to the earlier protocol that had worked. Our fourth treatment did not produce a large number of follicles and we were concerned. We had only 3 eggs retrieved and only two fertilized but it looked like that might be the best we could do. Luckily, 2 eggs made it to day 5 embryos and we did a day 5 fresh transfer of both embryos and one of them worked! :) Also, before doing the fresh transfer we tested for blood clotting issues and natural killer cell issues, both of which came back as potential dangers. Dr. Roseff had me on a baby aspirin and Lovenox injections for the first trimester. I also did intralipid treatments for my natural killer cells.
They were expensive. I am not going to lie, the whole process was very expensive and we were entirely out of pocket (that is more of an issue with my insurance though!) But in the end, the cost is worth it and I would do it again without hesitation.
Yes, he felt that if we had done a frozen transfer with embryos that had been PGS tested, we should do a single embryo transfer. However, since we decided to do a fresh transfer for this cycle with no PGS testing, we transferred two embryos. I think this was the right decision for me because only one stuck.
13 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Scheduling was easy and they always managed to fit me in. They [IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine] have several offices, but I highly recommend the Boca Raton office, where Dr. Roseff is. The staff is super friendly....[Nurses] Always available to answer questions and concerns. Very compassionate....We had a variety of costs depending on the cycle we were on. We paid for a donor cycle and for our own cycle. They were always up front with all fees, never any issues.
13 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Scheduling was easy and they always managed to fit me in. They have several offices, but I highly recommend the Boca Raton office, where Dr. Roseff is. The staff is super friendly.
Dr. Roseff is a gem and truly cares for his patients. He was always there to answer my questions either in person or via email. He is one of the most compassionate doctors I have had to this day.
Always available to answer questions and concerns. Very compassionate.
Dr. Roseff is not only compassionate but he is very forthcoming about your treatment. He leaves no stones unturned and completely explained each step in our process in full detail. Even when our own eggs were not satisfactory he was there to console us and give us other options. He has a wonderful bedside manner which was super important to us. Every time we came in to see Dr. Roseff, we left satisfied that we were receiving the best care possible. He was very honest with us and gave us realistic expectations.
Undeniably the best doctor we have been to. Definitely give him a chance to make your dreams come true. We felt defeated and he helped us believe our dreams were possible.
Dr. Roseff began our treatments with a full blood work , and targeted some bloodwork to determine the cause of previous miscarriage. His blood tests showed we had a coagulatory issue which may have been the cause, testing that our previous IVF center would not do. With that information he tailored my medication to help with that issue. He highly recommended a healthy diet and acupuncture, all of which I did. Our first cycle was with my eggs and as a 41 year I knew it may not work due to my age. After doing PGS, recommeded by Dr. Roseff, we found our embryo would have a severe genetic disorder and it was not transferred. Our next cycle with Dr. Roseff was with donor eggs, per his recommendation. The cycle went great however the eggs never matured past day 2, a problem most likely with freezing at the donor egg facility. Our last cycle resulted in 4/6 wonderful embryos, one in which we are now pregnant with. His protocol works, it just needs to be followed. He also recommends many vitamins that they provide in their office, which made it very convenient.
Dr. Roseff only recommended single embryo transfer at my age for health purposes. We agreed with him. He went over why multiple embryo transfer was not recommended and that it does not increase your chance for pregnancy.
2 IUI, IVF
The whole office staff[at IVFMD] was very welcoming and made me feel good every time I had to go in for an appointment...Stephanie, the receptionist, was always very friendly and welcoming. She was always able to answer any scheduling or payment questions... I truly loved having them as my nurses throughout this process...One time when I received a call about my medications and any changes to the medications or dosages, they gave me the wrong information.
2 IUI, IVF
Stephanie, the receptionist, was always very friendly and welcoming. She was always able to answer any scheduling or payment questions and always willing to help in any way. She was a smiling, friendly face to see anytime you entered the clinic!
The whole office staff was very welcoming and made me feel good every time I had to go in for an appointment.
I loved all 3 of the nurses! They became like my family over the months of my visits, especially when I had to see them almost every day. They were very compassionate towards me throughout the whole process and always answered my questions. I truly loved having them as my nurses throughout this process.
I thought seeing Dr. Alford was a good experience as a patient and I have referred her to a couple other friends as well. In general, other than the major procedures, I didn't see her as much, but I saw the nurses almost every other day during treatments/blood work. I think that Dr. Alford was very professional throughout the process and explained things to me in a way that I was able to understand.
Don't expect things to happen over night ... going through fertility treatments is a crazy roller coaster of emotions and a BIG waiting game. When we first saw Dr. Alford, we had already accepted the fact that we would need to do IVF and wanted to start the process right away. Of course, you still have to go through lots of testing, and waiting for your cycle, and other things that impact timing of everything so it is important to be patient. I know, much easier said than done!
Our one IVF fresh cycle cost close to $12,000 before medications. I believe we paid almost $3,000 total in medications.
At first, Dr. Alford highly recommended only transferring one embryo. However, my husband and I were set on transferring two. When it came down to it, we ended up only having 2 embryos to transfer, none to freeze, and she agreed that we should transfer both. I am currently pregnant with twins and my husband and I are thrilled!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
[IVFMD-S FL Inst] Strengths: -Great, knowledgeable nurses and medical assistants -Helpful, knowledgeable billing/insurance coordinators -The ladies at the checkout desk are wonderful (especially Darilis & Rosie).... Sasha, Leslie and Karla are amazing! Jeksy is also excellent at drawing blood and is very patient if you are squeamish. She has never had to stick me more than once, which I greatly appreciate! All of the nurses are very helpful and understanding and have a good bedside manner. If they are not comfortable performing a procedure or don't know how to answer a question they will ASK the doctor and will never wing it or give you the wrong answer.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Strengths: -Great, knowledgeable nurses and medical assistants -Helpful, knowledgeable billing/insurance coordinators -The ladies at the checkout desk are wonderful (especially Darilis & Rosie) -Dr. Eisermann is understanding and explains things clearly and in layman's terms -Although procedures are expensive, they are comparable or better than other clinics I have researched. Weaknesses: -Can't always see the dr. directly due to his schedule and/or vacations
Dr. Eisermann has great bedside manner and will give you the time needed to answer all questions you might have. The only negative is that due to him being in high demand, it can be difficult to get an appointment specifically with him. Usually they will try to give you an appointment with a nurse rather than with him. I always ask for him specifically when scheduling an appointment and am able to get him about 50% of the time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Suselle but also worked with others)
Sasha, Leslie and Karla are amazing! Jeksy is also excellent at drawing blood and is very patient if you are squeamish. She has never had to stick me more than once, which I greatly appreciate! All of the nurses are very helpful and understanding and have a good bedside manner. If they are not comfortable performing a procedure or don't know how to answer a question they will ASK the doctor and will never wing it or give you the wrong answer. The weekend nurse Ashley is my least favorite of the staff. She contradicts the dr and at one point even told me that the dr's protocol was wrong. I never felt comfortable with her. Her bedside manner is average, not great.
Dr. Eisermann has great bedside manner and will give you the time needed to answer all questions you might have. His statistics are some of the best in the area. The only negative is that due to him being in high demand, it can be difficult to get an appointment specifically with him. Usually they will try to give you an appointment with a nurse rather than with him. I always ask for him specifically when scheduling an appointment and am able to get him about 50% of the time. I also do not like the fact that he does not perform the IUIs himself.
IUI: femara 5mg on days 3-7, ovidrel around day 14 depending on ultrasound, IUI approximately 24 hours later. IVF: About to start the process so cannot comment yet.
IUIs were covered by insurance, so I paid a $65 copay for each visit. Visits for bloodwork only were fully covered by my insurance (no copay). Intralipid treatment was not covered by insurance and was $170 out of pocket per IV treatment. Bloodwork for natural killer (NK) cells was not covered by insurance and was about $350 out of pocket. My IVF cycle will cost about $12,000 plus medications. They offer several packages depending on your specific medical needs. They also offer different discounts to these packages at times.
About to start the IVF process so cannot comment yet.
Miami
[IVFMD - Miami] Centrally located with onsite valet parking and public parking around. It has been recently remodeled has an inviting setting. The best of all, the staff. The registration, check-out, and financial personnel is beyond great. Even when discussing financial (hard topic), they do it with such a compassionate professionalism that I felt they were discussing the matter considering my best interest at all times. They worked to accommodate my appointments to interfere the least possible with my work schedule.
Centrally located with onsite valet parking and public parking around. It has been recently remodeled has an inviting setting. The best of all, the staff. The registration, check-out, and financial personnel is beyond great. Even when discussing financial (hard topic), they do it with such a compassionate professionalism that I felt they were discussing the matter considering my best interest at all times. They worked to accommodate my appointments to interfere the least possible with my work schedule. They reduced stress from the IVF treatment process in many occasions; always ready and willing to help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
The level of caring and compassion that Dr. Thompson provides is beyond any expectation I could have when I decided to visit the clinic. She is very detailed in her explanations, never makes me feel that she is rushing the consult or the procedure, and she is open to listen to my concerns and find a solution together. She is the doctor I want to have at this point of my reproductive treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sasha and Nicole)
Sasha and Nicole were excellent in coordinating my care, always responded to my calls and messages in a timely manner, explained everything in details, and collaborated with other team members seamlessly. They showed not only knowledge, but also compassion and efficient care. We also received the same level of amazing care from the nurses present in the retrieval and transfer procedures. The nursing/clinical staff, such as Vanessa, Lesley, and the lab technicians has consistently been caring, accommodating, and compassionate.
How was your experience with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
She gained my trust when she personally performed my first ultrasound at the clinic. It gave me confident that she was involved in my care. Then she performed every single other procedure I had before, during, and after the egg retrieval including the transfer. Always there, never in a rush. I needed a surgical procedure before I could continue with my IVF treatment and she was fantastic at communicating with the surgeon and I was back on IVF treatment in just a few weeks. She consistently answer my and my husband's questions even when they seem to be a lot. She never disregards our concerns. She is considered about unnecessary expenses and works with us to use the insurance covered services when possible, such providing me with a prescription to do the labs at the covered facility. We are very pleased with Dr. Thompson's bedside manners and professionalism, which is hard to find nowadays.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Do not be afraid to raise your concerns or ask questions. Dr. Thompson is always receptive and addresses them with care and professionalism.
Describe the protocols Kimberly Thompson used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have a quite complicated reproductive history and ongoing diagnoses. She explained the proposed treatment plan and we collaborative decide on going with fresh transfer after stimulation and retrieval. Stimulation: Menopur, Gonal F, Dexamethosone at first, then added Cetrotide and finally Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) as trigger. Retrieval: Antibiotic prophylaxis, Medrol, Estrace, and Crinone (progesterone) Transfer: Antibiotic prophylaxis, Aspirin, Estrace and Crinone. IVIG related to abnormal APA values. Implantation failed. hcG raised and then dropped to non-preganancy levels
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Approximately $20,000 for IVF. I did not have infertility treatment coverage under my medical insurance.
Miami
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I was a number, and I was treated as such. My embryos dissolved, and the only explanation that I got was that it "was in my paperwork that that could happen". Dr. Roseff has a team of specialists that he will refer you to...First, he referred me to a therapist that he recommended. After my cycle failed, Dr. Roseff recommended I see a nutritionist, Marta. She is expensive but nice. I weighed about 105 at the time, and was put on a severe diet on which I lost 8 pounds in three months. I spent hundreds of dollars on supplements which I suppose did work, because when I went to a new clinic, the doctor found that I did not have poor egg quality. He also found my husband's sperm to be perfect, when Dr. Roseff had found that he had poor morphology.
When you walk in the door, you will enter a cold, somewhat clean waiting room. Chantel is the receptionist, and when you speak to her as a human, she will try to do the same for you. She is so busy and most days will make you feel that you are not wanted there and should turn around and walk out. The nurses who will weigh you and take your blood are extremely nice and caring. Kristi is great. You will never see the doctor once you have paid for your cycle. Then, you will be told that you need to travel to Jupiter/Cooper City/Miami, or anywhere else, for most of your procedures such as polyp removal, retrieval, transfer, etc.
Dr. Roseff met with me at our first appointment. I never saw him again throughout my entire treatment. When our 7 embryos dissolved on day 6, he did not even call me - I had to track him down for about an hour. He then said that he could meet with us to discuss what had happened 10 days later. After I flipped out, they brought it down to 5 days. From there, he referred me to a very expensive to a nutritionist and still, I never saw him again.
Kristi and all of the nursing staff were extremely caring and helpful. Kristi was the person who did my ultrasounds before the cycle began, but then unfortunately she was transferred to the Jupiter office just as our cycle began (IVFMD has many locations, and seem to think that developing a rapport with your patients or making them feel comfortable is important). After Kristi left, she was replaced by a nurse named Jenny. She was..nice, but not able to perform the ultrasound effectively. My left ovary is always hard to find, but during multiple ultrasounds, she searched for it for literally 30 minutes while she waited for her boss to arrive at the office. Her boss was able to find it immediately. I was late to work every single day as Jenny searched for my ovary. So - Kristi is great, but only if IVFMD allows her to see her patients.
Dr. Roseff met with me at our first appointment. I had heard great things and my husband and I were excited to begin our treatment with him. From the start, he came off as cold and unfeeling. My husband has long hair and is a musician, and Dr. Roseff could hardly hide his contempt for his lifestyle (traveling and playing music in bars). I met with his nurse, Kristi, and she was great. She was caring and explained everything to us. Thank goodness, because after we paid for our cycle, we NEVER saw Dr. Roseff again. The office is so busy and I understand that he is under high demand, but I currently go to a different office in Boca, and they are just as busy, but I see the doctor EVERY time I go.
He has a very high success rate and will try different protocols, but if you like to feel like a human being and have a full understanding of what is happening, do not expect that from him.
Because I am anovulatory and have low ovarian reserve, and because Dr. Roseff found that my husband had poor morphology (negated at our next clinic), he recommended IVF with ICSI. We did our stimulation cycle and then an egg retrieval (at IVFMD in South Miami, because for some reason, Dr. Roseff doesn't do ANYTHING). They retrieved 10 eggs, and 7 fertilized. Throughout the week, I received one call from the clinic in Miami to let me know how the embryos were doing, and was told that I would receive a call on day 6 to let me know if they would be doing PGS and then freezing, or if I would be having a fresh transfer. I am a first grade teacher, and this was the last day of school in Boca. I went to school not knowing if I would be needing to leave my students in the middle of the last day, and did not receive a call. I called repeatedly all morning, and finally received a call from Dr. Roseff as my 22 seven year olds were walking in my classroom. At that moment, he told me that all 7 embryos had dissolved. That's it. Not an explanation, just a forced "I'm sorry", and "I'll transfer you to Chantal (the receptionist) to schedule a time to sit down and talk. Chantal told me that we could come in TEN days later. I was numb and accepted the appointment, then left my class and went home. However, my family was SO angry and helped me to see that it was completely unacceptable that Dr. Roseff couldn't make time to talk to us sooner. I called and expressed my feelings, and I believe we got the appointment changed to five days later.
I believe that a cycle cost about $20,000 plus medications. However, we went through WinFertility after being made to feel by Chantel that that was the only way we could go. After leaving IVFMD and going elsewhere, I have learned that I can find cheaper medications elsewhere and that I need to be my own advocate.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Everyone we saw at the clinic [IVFMD-S Fl Institute] was great. We started with Dr Roseff and then we had to go to the clinic in Jupiter for some of the procedures and to the clinic in Miami for the egg retrieval...Kristi Vesh was very helpful. Sometimes it was hard to reach her on the phone but if you write her an email, she would get back to you within 24 hours. She has great bedside manner and was very helpful through the process...We spent a total of $5,900 for what was not covered by insurance.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Everyone we saw at the clinic was great. We started with Dr Roseff and then we had to go to the clinic in Jupiter for some of the procedures and to the clinic in Miami for the egg retrieval. Dr Roseff was like the coach that directed everything to have the results you wanted.
OUR FIRST MEETING with Dr Roseff was enlightening. The first thing he did was make my wife feel so comfortable. He understood how my wife felt and empathized with her and what she had gone through at that point. He also explained to us what he would do to help us. We felt more confident after each meeting with Dr Roseff and he made us feel hopeful again that we would be able to become parents. I personally appreciated how he treated my wife at every meeting. He made her feel like she was the only person in the room and always gave her his undivided attention. He just understood how to always put my wife at easy through this process.
Our experience with IVFMD was amazing. We worked primarily with Dr Scott Roseff and my wife and I could not have been happier. To understand how much we appreciate Dr Roseff, you would need to understand how our journey started. We originally started our IVF Journey at another fertility doctor in the Boca Raton area and we did not have any success there. This doctor did not run any tests on my wife and seemed only interested in attempting to do another round of IUI or move to IVF. He didn't question why the first round of IUI did not work. My wife was devastated that the IUI did not work and this doctor didn't even empathize or sympathize with my wife. Additionally we were surprised that this doctor even told us that the technology didn't exist to safely do genetic testing on the embryo before we would implant it (which is not true). This led us to find another doctor. We had one of my doctors and one of my wife's doctors both tell us that we had to see Dr Roseff. OUR FIRST MEETING with Dr Roseff was enlightening. The first thing he did was make my wife feel so comfortable. He understood how my wife felt and empathized with her and what she had gone through at that point. He also explained to us what he would do to help us. We started with a lot of medical tests, which he was surprised were not done with the first doctor. Those tests showed the reason why my wife would not likely get pregnant through IUI or naturally. Dr Roseff assured my wife that her situation was common and easily treatable with the proper hormones. He also explained that we should go straight to IVF and skip IUI because it would likely not be successful due to my wife's condition. Another thing he did for us was to suggest the genetic testing to the embryo, which he explained was perfectly safe because of how the procedure was now done. We felt more confident after each meeting with Dr Roseff and he made us feel hopeful again that we would be able to become parents. I personally appreciated how he treated my wife at every meeting. He made her feel like she was the only person in the room and always gave her his undivided attention. He just understood how to always put my wife at easy through this process. I am glad to say that we now have a beautiful baby boy and we have Dr Roseff to thank for that. Dr Roseff has brought more meaning to our lives by helping us become parents. I can't recommend him enough and he will always be the first person I would recommend to anyone that asks me. If my wife and I decide to have a second child, we will be making another appointment to visit Dr Roseff. You won't be sorry seeing Dr Roseff if you are considering IVF.
Listen to what he has to say and realize he has your best interest in mind.
I can't remember everything as it was over a year ago. I do know that he determined that my wife had PCOS and gave her the proper treatment and hormones to allow her to become successfully pregnant.
Our treatment was covered under our insurance. We spent a total of $5,900 for what was not covered by insurance.
Dr Roseff explained to us that it would be a bad idea to do two embryos because my wife is petite. He explained that the growth of two embryos could risk the health of one or both of the embryos and could also be dangerous to my wife. We felt this was the best advice because our son grew to be a large newborn and we couldn't even imagine how she would have been able to go through pregnancy with twins.
Boca Raton
The [IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine - Boca Raton] clinic was clean, appointments were pretty much on time every time I went. There were days I would get there at 8:00 and be out of the office by 8:10...[Nurse] Kristi was the absolute BEST!!! What a genuinely kind soul. I felt overwhelmed by the thought of having to go through IVF and everything that it consisted of. Having Kristi to answer my millions of annoying emails, the questions that woke me up in the middle of the night, the fears that I had, etc. was an absolute blessing...
The clinic was clean, appointments were pretty much on time every time I went. There were days I would get there at 8:00 and be out of the office by 8:10.
There was never a moment where I felt rushed during my visits with his staff and even less with him. He always asked me several times if I had any questions or needed additional information. I always said no and, of course, got home and remembered everything I forgot to ask. I would email him or his assistant and immediately got responses back... thorough responses. They definitely take care of their patients.
Kristi was the absolute BEST!!! What a genuinely kind soul. I felt overwhelmed by the thought of having to go through IVF and everything that it consisted of. Having Kristi to answer my millions of annoying emails, the questions that woke me up in the middle of the night, the fears that I had, etc. was an absolute blessing. No question went unanswered and I never felt alone through a single point of this process. She was the one who handled most of my visits and was such a breath of fresh air. Every single time I went there worried about something she made sure that I was at ease. Could not be happier with her.
Dr. Roseff does not have an outgoing demeanor and, at first glance, can seem a bit dry. After another visit or so, he starts to open up more and I quickly realized how kind he really was. At the end of the day, he is there to talk to you about everything going on and provide you with the best assessment and game plan to get you to your goal of conceiving. He did just that. He was serious when he needed to be and was very supportive when we had not so great conversations and emotional breakdowns. I was devastated to find out I needed IVF but, once we started everything, I knew I was in the perfect hands. Could not be happier with Dr. Roseff, his knowledge and his success rates. We got it on the first try!
Don't expect a B.F.F. out of him. Other doctors charm you with lively conversations and make you feel so comfortable with them that you forget their success rates are not great. Dr. Roseff has great stats, we felt like we've known him forever and he is the perfect person for the job.
Dr. Roseff had me get a Saline Infusion Sonohysterography (SIS) to check my uterine lining. I then had a Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) which pushes dye through your fallopian tubes and shows you if there is any blockage. My SIS showed that my lining was perfect but my HSG test showed that my one and only fallopian tube was pinned down by scar tissue from a surgery I had right after I was born. The scar tissue did not allow the tube to move and retrieve the eggs as it should have so the two options were: 1. a procedure that checks to see how bad the scar tissue is and *possibly* remove it if they're able to do so. This may have allowed me to conceive naturally. 2. Go through IVF. Without a functional tube, my options were very limited. I did not have any actual fertility issues like poor quality or poor count of eggs, hormonal issues, uterine lining issues or anything else. It was literally just a side effect from a prior surgery that pinned my perfectly healthy tube down and made it useless.
I believe between IVF and the visits and tests leading up to the IVF it was about $25,000.00 total. My insurance did not cover a single part of the process as they did not cover any infertility related treatment. Once I switched to my husbands insurance, it was a little better but not by much.
Boca Raton
The whole clinic [IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] itself is very welcoming. The actual office is very clean, easy to find, etc. The staff is great start-finish. Stephanie at the front makes a great first impression on behalf of the entire office. She is the insurance guru and saved me A LOT of money. There were a few times when appointments ran late, but for the most part we were seen on time and without a hassle. I could honestly cry happy tears knowing that we were taken care of so well. Vicki and Jennifer are two of the most skilled nurses I have ever met. Katie was new when I was finishing up, so I did not get to know her as well, but she was so pleasant every time I saw her, and seems like she is just as well-equipped as Vicki and Jen. The staff in the back (the embryologist and other folks you don't really see as much) were also very warm and encouraging. Everyone always had a smile on their face, and jumped to help whenever we needed it. Leaving was very bitter-sweet.
The whole clinic itself is very welcoming. The actual office is very clean, easy to find, etc. The staff is great start-finish. Stephanie at the front makes a great first impression on behalf of the entire office. She is the insurance guru and saved me A LOT of money. There were a few times when appointments ran late, but for the most part we were seen on time and without a hassle. I could honestly cry happy tears knowing that we were taken care of so well. Vicki and Jennifer are two of the most skilled nurses I have ever met. Katie was new when I was finishing up, so I did not get to know her as well, but she was so pleasant every time I saw her, and seems like she is just as well-equipped as Vicki and Jen. The staff in the back (the embryologist and other folks you don't really see as much) were also very warm and encouraging. Everyone always had a smile on their face, and jumped to help whenever we needed it. Leaving was very bitter-sweet.
Dr. Alford and her staff were the most caring individuals I have ever met in a doctor's office. They knew me, knew our history, etc. They took great care of us, emotionally and physically. When I cried, they hugged me. When we got the positive pregnancy test, they were as excited as we were. When we went crazy, they calmed us down. When we lost hope, they gave us hope without ever getting our expectations too high. Honestly, they were so amazing that I cried when I finally graduated because I knew it meant I would not see them again until it is time for baby #2.
The best on the planet. I wish I could link to my google review because I just wrote a book about them. The nurses were very knowledgeable, first of all. They were gentle, caring, compassionate, kind, etc. I had a bad fear of needles when I started going in. They held my hand, hugged me, and truly got me over my fear! something a professional psychologist could not even do! The nurses were there to comfort me when IUI failed, and were as excited as I was when the IVF resulted in a positive pregnancy test. They always took my calls, answered my questions, and responded to my emails. They kept us well-informed of what they were doing, why they were doing it, what it all meant, what was going on, and what was next. I seriously cannot say enough good about the entire staff.
When we had our first consultation, we were scared. My husband felt like there was a little bit of a sales pitch going on. However, in hindsight, he has completely re-evaluated and now understands exactly why Dr. Alford told us everything she told us. She was honest about the testing we needed to have done. Even though it was unlikely to uncover a problem, it did uncover a problem - a fixable one. Dr. Alford truly cared about solving the mystery of our infertility. She was very present - in other words, if I had questions/concerns, she was there to answer them in a clear, concise, and honest way. There was no beating around the bush or false hope. In fact, she set our expectations low. She told us to hope for 3 viable embryos. We got 7. Even when we got a positive pregnancy test, we were cautioned about getting through the first trimester. Dr. Alford was usually there when I had weekend appointments. She was excited and happy when we got pregnant. I think she really cared about us as people, not just patients.
Don't be alarmed by the plethora of tests she wants to run, or the list of things that could be wrong with you. Dr. Alford knows what she is doing and I promise it will make sense when all is said and done. If she is recommending that you do IVF, it isn't to make money. It is because it is the best decision for you medically. TRUST HER.
When we went to Dr. Alford, we had no reason to suspect anything would be wrong with me. I was a perfectly healthy 30 year old, non-smoker, non-drug user, no prior miscarriages, appropriate weight, etc. Turns out I had a VERY low AMH (low ovarian reserve). My husband also had some male-factor infertility but he was overall not the concern. Thus, we were advised to try IUI 2-3 times. HOWEVER, we were advised that with such a low AMH, if the IUI works, it might be our only child because i might have no eggs left by the time we can have a 2nd. My first cycle of IUI, I took clomid (150 was the dosage, whether mg or however it is measured). I had 3 eggs mature (2 in one ovary, 1 in the other). Negative pregnancy test (HCG indicative of no fertilization). We did the exact same thing for round 2, except this time I had 4 eggs. I cannot recall if there were 2 and 2 or 3 and 1 (in each ovary). Again, negative test. By the way, my periods each time were horrifically bloody and painful. Fair warning. Additionally, each cycle of IUI was coupled with blood tests and ultrasounds to monitor and measure the follicle growth. We did NOT use an OPK. The method used by Dr. Alford is way more accurate. We used a TRIGGER SHOT each time. I do not know the name of the drug.We also did a "double" each time, which means we did insemination at 24 hours and again at 36 hours. After that, we decided that it was not worth it to try a 3rd time. So we decided to try IVF (which, by the way, was the hardest decision we've ever made). For IVF, we started with birth control for about 2 weeks. Then kind of a "fake" period, followed by injections. We started with 2 daily injections: "5 menopur" which was 2 vials of powder, and gonal-F. I think the Gonal F was 225 IU, but i am not sure. After bloodwork and ultrasounds every 48 hours for about 5-6 days, we added a 3rd injection: Cetrotide. These were individual, disposable needles so i do not know the dosage. We continued these 3 injections every night until I think day 8 or 9. Then we increased the dosage of the Menopur and Gonal-F. I think we did 3 menopur and increased the gonal-F to about 300 (not positive), and did that for 1 or 2 nights. Then we did the trigger shot. I do not know the name of the trigger, but it was a different trigger than the IUI, and a much bigger needle (plus, it went in my upper butt muscle - it doesn't hurt NEARLY as bad as they say!!!). By day 7 or 8 i was going in every day for ultrasounds and blood. When we did the IVF retrieval, 36 hours after the trigger, I took a valium 5mg, then they gave me something that made me feel awesome (maybe hydrocodone?), and anesthesia. I fell asleep with pants on and woke up with no pants on and a bloated stomach. NOT FUN! But we got 12 eggs. 11 fertilized. 7 made it. We had hoped for 2-3. Once we did the transfer, i began vaginal progesterone (1 mg or g, not sure - 2x per day) and estraidol (not sure of spelling). The progesterone was a gel, estradol was a pill. It was gross and i had to wear pads. Because the pregnancy was successful, I continued these two drugs through 12 weeks of pregnancy. I am currently 14.5 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby.
Connie Alford
At the first attempt of IVF [at IVFMD] we spent $5,000 in injections and related meds...I asked when would they start to prepare me for retrieval since I was getting closer to my ovulation day. I was told to wait. I ovulated before retrieval. Cycle was canceled. That amount of money is A LOT for an error on their part. Afterwards, we were told"... that's biology for you". We were extremely disappointed with how this was handled.
The office provides flexibility of working hours. I was able to get the appointment times I needed to do tests and procedures before going to work. They offer many office locations. They have Saturday hours and open on Sunday as needed. The wait time is reasonable. Communication among nurses and staff can be better.
Would have preferred to have had better communication with the nurses and the doctor. When a couple is paying thousands of dollars for treatment, you want to work with clinic staff members who can answer all your questions without feeling as if you are a "bother" (or a number).
At times, it felt that the nurses were overwhelmed treating so many patients. Most phone calls were returned at the end of the work day. If I asked for clarification, I would sometimes hear it in their voice how stressed out they were with my questions. In person, while at the clinic they did make the effort to answer my questions and give me support when needed.
I was referred to Dr. Wood from a friend who had a successful first try at IVF. From our first consultation, I felt she was very optimistic when she suggested that at the age of 42 we should try: three attempts at timed intercourse with meds, one attempt at IUI and if no results, we try IVF. I think, we should have tried IVF from the start, since my AMH numbers were extremely low from the start. This would have saved us time and thousands of dollars.
Do your research before seeing any fertility doctor. When seeing Dr. Wood, ask many questions about how effective does her office staff communicate with patients. If something does not feel right, trust your gut and quickly get a second or even third opinion from another fertility doctor.
We had three attempts of timed intercourse with meds, one attempt at IUI and two attempts of IVF. The first attempt at IVF was canceled due to the medical staff not preparing me for retrieval on time (I ovulated) . On the second attempt at IVF, 4 ova were retrieved, two of which were fertilized and only one egg was transferred).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
The hours for monitoring appointments were fine.
IVF package treatment $16,000. IVF Meds/injections both attempts approximately ~$5,000 (~$10,000).
This did not apply to me, since only one egg was transferred of two that were fertilized.
Miami
[IVFMD is] Beautiful, Clean, up to date office, amazing staff, WONDERFUL doctor!...Whatever they could not get covered under insurance. They went the extra mile to try and get it covered by insurance. They also were very flexible with other options and payment plans for procedures and testing...No matter how many times I call, they always work me in when I need to get in, especially emergencies. Never give any attitude. it is like they have all walked in my shoes. They know how delicate this journey is and respect it.
Nothing at all, Just go! You won't regret it! Beautiful, Clean, up to date office, amazing staff, WONDERFUL doctor!
She is so informative and knowledgeable. She took the time to answer all of my questions in all aspects. She listened very well. She made a lot of my fears go away. Even though she has never walked in my shoes, it felt like she had.
Amazing! No matter how many times I call, they always work me in when I need to get in, especially emergencies. Never give any attitude. it is like they have all walked in my shoes. They know how delicate this journey is and respect it.
She took a different approach to medicine than all of the other physicians I had seen before her. she also confirmed that I was on the completely wrong treatment for what I was trying to accomplish, and the doctor who put me on it has been in the field for 30+ years (what a relief). She busted all of the myths I knew or heard. She was simply amazing. I just wish I had the money to move forward with treatment.
Be prepared to be blown away. I was so happy I chose her as a second opinion. so many people I know have seen her or others in her practice and absolutely love her and so did I! Her knowledge and DO approach to medicine is what got me.
She wanted to weigh out all options. Plenty of Testing! She also made sure I was aware of all of my options. what could happen or not happen. What could be wrong or not be wrong. We spoke in detail for a good length of time. She never rushed us out of her office. We have an amazing plan, but unfortunately for us the real issue is insurance and money. Dr. Wood has been a light for us through this almost 10 year journey. She is HIGHLY recommended. She got me answers I didn't even know I was looking for.
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Front desk staff [at IVFMD S. Florida] were very friendly and made your visits very welcoming. Calling office was a bit of a challenge (weakness) as the main line directs you to general call box which then prompts you to select the office you are trying to call which then a receptionist answers and then has to manually transfers you to the clinic you are trying to reach. It was a bit time consuming when trying to reach the office. Once you are in the transfer process the direct line they provide you for a mail box for your treatment plan progress and messages I find it very helpful and makes retrieving your plan of care very productive for the office.
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Front desk staff were very friendly and made your visits very welcoming. Calling office was a bit of a challenge (weakness) as the main line directs you to general call box which then prompts you to select the office you are trying to call which then a receptionist answers and then has to manually transfers you to the clinic you are trying to reach. It was a bit time consuming when trying to reach the office. Once you are in the transfer process the direct line they provide you for a mail box for your treatment plan progress and messages I find it very helpful and makes retrieving your plan of care very productive for the office.
From the 1st day we met with Dr. Eiserman he reviewed our file and was very confident he could help us conceive a positive pregnancy. His strong recommendations were for a donor egg versus my own due to my age and having a positive outcome therefore this was the only avenue I was not too content with but we followed his recommendations. He led my care with much dignity and respect for our concerns and always was direct on what needed to be addressed in order to have a positive pregnancy as my main reason for IVF assistance was maternal age after no other medical issues were we against us conceiving. He made sure to include us in all our test and discussed with us what were the best options to address and was open to answering our concerns never feeling rushed nor just another number for his clinic. We are very grateful and blessed he was able to help us conceive our newest addition to our family.
I must say there has been a long process for us and if you are in a rush this is just not the mindset to keep. Patience and following medical advise is key. It is not easy though. With this said I must say that I never saw myself utilizing an IVF specialist as I had 3 live births in my life 2 from my 1st marriage and 1 from my current marriage which afterwards we were having a tough time conceiving again therefore were open to have this help. Are there any regrets? Yes and No as I wish I would have educated myself to save my own embryo as using a donor one took a bit to accept, but once done I could not look back and am very happy I did. Dr. Eiserman was a key proponent in discussing many of our concerns and helped us get educated on the IVF world and process of how he was confident he could help us after reviewing our medical records. I am in the medical field and understood much of his process yet had questions as this was an uncharted territory for me. We felt his demeanor and professionalism helped us make the decision to move forward and embark in this process. Since the day we said yes to proceed Dr. Eiserman was a man of his word, very attentive and displayed much patience to address any concerns we may have had. My husband and or myself. our meetings were thorough never rushed and he made sure to help us feel we were engaged and educated. We did have a setback upon our 1st expected FET (frozen egg) where it never happened due to internal issues with the embryo and this was devastating to us all. As much all time was spent in preparation and the waiting was unbearable ( this is why I mentioned previously, patience is a virtue) It was very difficult and disappointing as we were lost and for a moment felt we needed to walk away. Fortunately Dr. Eiserman sat with us reviewed the issues at hand and knew that he had to do the right thing being he was a man of his word and after his own internal review he was able to make this process a reality again for us making sure to take full ownership, therefore a new cycle was started in preparation for a new FET with a fresh embryo. Once he was able to immediately address this issue we were back on track to start the stim cycle again in line to perform FET. 2 months later (which felt like another year) we were able to do our FET and 6 weeks later we tested positive. After the monitoring and following his plan of care we were discharged with a positive pregnancy past our 12 weeks and we welcome our son 7 weeks early this March 2017. We are blessed and could never be more thankful of Dr. Eiserman he knew and knows this filed and is one of the many blessings that helped us and crossed our path allowing us to experience this blessing one more time in our lives. Forever we are thankful!
Patience, be informed, ask questions but educate yourself that you are able to have a dialogue with a physician that knows his field. Allow yourself to be open for options as what you may think is the only avenue you need or want to experience with today's technology you have other options that can and may help you conceive.
Birth Control to start off Lupron 5units daily Pelvic Ultrasounds Estrace 2mg Vivelle Patches .1mg x2 Antibiotics (Doxycycline 100mg) for myself and husband prior to FET Progesterone capsules 200mg Progesterone oil 50mg Prenatal Vitamins Baby Aspirin 80mg Medrol 4 mg Husbands sperm donation for fertilization process Progestrone injections
22k + out of pocket
3 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
A great thing about this clinic [IVFMD-S. FL- Boca Raton] that makes them different is using a lifestyle consultant, Marta Montenegro. I and many other ladies have had a lot of success in getting healthier in diet & exercise before getting pregnant. As I mentioned before, the weakness is that everything is so expensive!!... Kristi is awesome! She puts your fears at ease and will give you tips for injections and all of the details of the IVF cycle. I can't say enough great things about her.
3 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
A great thing about this clinic that makes them different is using a lifestyle consultant, Marta Montenegro. I and many other ladies have had a lot of success in getting healthier in diet & exercise before getting pregnant. As I mentioned before, the weakness is that everything is so expensive!!
Dr. Roseff will not rush your consultation. We had to ask certain questions multiple times and he took the time to answer thoroughly.
I appreciated Dr. Roseff's expertise and compassion. He used wisdom in our IVF cycle by recommending ICSI in order to improve our chances. He tends to be very thorough in getting to the bottom of an issue. The only thing I wish I could change would be the prices, but what can you do?
Go through the process of treatment, but don't jump to IVF unless you're sure it's right for you.
We did 3 unsuccessful cycles of IUI with Clomid, mainly because it was a cheaper and less intense process. We then did one cycle of IVF and it resulted in pregnancy the first time! We now have a beautiful 2 month old daughter.
We did a package for IVF through Win Fertility, which cost about $15,700 including medication but I did need to purchase some extra medications which pribsbly added another $1000. The IUI cycles cost about $1600. But there are a lot of costs associated with testing and ultrasounds before you even start a treatment cycle. A small fortune all in all, but the result of having a healthy baby was worth it!
We transferred 2 embryos, but only 1 implanted. They will transfer 1 or 2 embryos, depending on the individual person's case.
Boca Raton
[Nurses at IVFMD S FL Inst] Amazing, very helpful and caring....We started with a vitamin treatment to improve quality numbers, around 3 months. I also started acupuncture on the side. After the 3 months we decided to start IVF treatment. We regulated my cycle with birth control pills for month and then the injections and pills started; every two days I will have an appointment w/ ultrasound and blood work and after almost a month we had the egg retrieval. After the egg retrieval we did a PGS test to the viable embryos
I felt like he cares and he would do anything in his power to make my dream of becoming a mother come true. After I became pregnant, I felt he was really happy for me.
Amazing, very helpful and caring.
He is extremely thorough, takes his time to explain the results and possible scenarios. he is honest and caring. I felt his recommendation were on point, very happy I found him.
Patience, It is a long process but you are in good hands and the end result in so worth it
We started taking all test to determine the cause of the infertility including a uterus test, fallopian tubes test (HSG), ovarian reserve & AMH testing (blood work), and semen analysis. The diagnosis was low quantity and quality of eggs and sperm’s morphology abnormal. We started with a vitamin treatment to improve quality numbers, around 3 months. I also started acupuncture on the side. After the 3 months we decided to start IVF treatment. We regulated my cycle with birth control pills for month and then the injections and pills started; every two days I will have an appointment w/ ultrasound and blood work and after almost a month we had the egg retrieval. After the egg retrieval we did a PGS test to the viable embryos (Generic testing), which took around 2 to 3 weeks to get the results. After the results we discussed it and we decided to transfer only one embryo (We had two good ones). The changes of implanting were very high. We started the treatment for transfer, which took about a month and a half and after the transfer, it took 10 days to find out that I was pregnant.
Anovulation, Immunological
[Nursing Staff at IVFMD] Called me back when I left a message. Which is very important to me and were always very friendly to deal with.... I also must say that his [Dr. Roseff] BOCA staff was so nice to interact with as well, instead of these money making fertiity clinics where you are a dime a dozen...Dr. Roseff valued my feelings and desperately wanted the same outcome as me....Dr. Roseff spent so much time with me and after the proper testing
Anovulation, Immunological
Dr. Roseff valued my feelings and desperately wanted the same outcome as me.
Concieving baby #2 was NO easy task. When it was time for doctor intervention, I saw 3 different well known fertility specialists and without batting an eyelash, all of them told me I had very poor egg quality and needed IVF. Dr. Roseff was my last attempt because I just felt at 29 years old, great health, and no problems concieving baby #1, and plain old gut instinct that it wasn't my eggs. I'm so happy I gave it one more shot before spending thousands of unnecessary dollars on a procedure I never needed. Dr. Roseff spent so much time with me and after the proper testing, we came to find out that my eggs were actually in very good shape!!!!!!! go figure! Needless to say, after a few weeks under his care, I became pregnant WITHOUT IVF. Dr. Roseff gave me the biggest hug and for the first full trimester monitored me very closesly. I also must say that his BOCA staff was so nice to interact with as well, instead of these money making fertiity clinics where you are a dime a dozen. Dr. Roseff is a brillant doctor and I am so thankful to have met him. He was the only doctor that didnt view me as money signs. I have 10 weeks til I meet our little miracle and when time comes to try for #3 I will not be wasting any time and will be scheduling an appointment with Dr. Roseff.
Hes smart. Brilliant. Listen to what he says. He geniuely cares and wants you to have a baby as much as you do.
Alot of the testing was out of pocket.
Boca Raton
I barely every had to wait more than a few minutes past my appointment time [at IVFMD-S FL Inst - Boca] if at all. they are always on time and respectful our their patients time ( Which not many Doctor offices do). Always friendly and remember you and your situation as if you matter and aren't a number!...
I can not complain about one thing. I barely every had to wait more than a few minutes past my appointment time if at all. they are always on time and respectful our their patients time ( Which not many Doctor offices do). Always friendly and remember you and your situation as if you matter and aren't a number!
From day one Dr. Roseff was so kind and understanding. He spoke in layman's to us the entire time and gave us diagrams of everything he explained and encouraged that no question was stupid. He hugged me after the first visit and told me he felt good about the journey we were about to begin. he hugged me after every other visit. During my treatment I lost my mother to cancer. His empathy and accommodation was incredible. He held a phone appointment with me to tell me our PGS test results instead of a office visit so I can share the results with my mom during her transition to passing without leaving her side. His encouragement was priceless. We are forever grateful to him and his staff!
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Vesh )
Kristi was incredible. From day one she treated me like her best friend. She was so personable and excited with me for every step of the way. She responded to every email and phone call with all of my small questions. She made this entire experience so easy and comfortable!!
As explained in the prior question, his ability to be very layman's with us and explain everything so we understood was fantastic. His bedside manner was perfection! We are forever grateful to his success with achieving our goal!
Give him every single piece of information you can to help him help you! He leaves no stone uncovered and truly finds the root of your challenges.
After 3 failed IUI's with other doctors, Dr. Roseff was convinced we had some "deeper" issues. He ran tests on myself and my husband. Come to find out my husband had only 10% of his sperm that were "normal". So all three of those IUI's were a waste as we had a 10% less the percentage of success for a normal IUI. Doing a ICSI IVF was a huge factor in our success. In addition I had one tube that was sort of "not clear path to exit" so that would have hindered a IUI success as well. He's super smart!!!
After they suggested Win Fertility it was significantly less expensive. The cost was around $18k
Boca Raton
Nurses [at IVFMD-S FL Inst - S Miami] were always personable and nice. My calls were usually returned in a timely manner. I didn't like that there was no direct connection to a nurse; you always had to leave a message. However, I had an emergency one time and the operator/front desk was able to get me answers right away. I honestly have no complaints, only gratefulness for this office. God lead us to Dr. Eisermann and I am forever grateful...
My favorite doctors' office - from the staff, to the nurses, to my doc (Dr. Eisermann), and even the doctors on call! Nurses were always personable and nice. My calls were usually returned in a timely manner. I didn't like that there was no direct connection to a nurse; you always had to leave a message. However, I had an emergency one time and the operator/front desk was able to get me answers right away. I honestly have no complaints, only gratefulness for this office. God lead us to Dr. Eisermann and I am forever grateful. He's the absolute best! He makes my husband and I feel comfortable and explains everything thoroughly. He's patient and always gives me undivided attention. And best of all, in just a few months, he made our dreams come true, after struggling with infertility for 4 years! I am beyond grateful for him and that God lead me to him. Keep doing what you guys do - you do it best! THANK YOU for everything!
GO FOR IT! He's the best.
Endometriosis, Other
Chantel [at IVFMD-S FL Inst - Boca] was so organized. She gave me quotes on the cost of everything. She was spot on about everything. They have places that they referred me to for a less expensive rate for the medications. She was very helpful...Kristi was wonderful. She was great. I would call and/or email her, and she got right back to me. She was very efficient...
Endometriosis, Other
Chantel was so organized. She gave me quotes on the cost of everything. She was spot on about everything. They have places that they referred me to for a less expensive rate for the medications. She was very helpful
Dr. Roseff spend a very long time explaining to us in detail what to expect. He took his time. Nothing was rushed. He welcomed every question and had an answer based on solid fact. He and his entire staff were so kind to us. When he reviewed the fertility test results he had so much compassion for us. I honestly felt like we were disgussing the situation with a family member.
Kristi was wonderful. She was great. I would call and/or email her, and she got right back to me. She was very efficient. The only negative I have about my experience with IVF MD is there was a nurse Carly who was very rough with the internal ultrasound . I had been stimulated with 19 eggs and it was gowing to be uncomfortable, but she hadid me with tears in my eyes. I am not sure if she is with the facility anymore. My main nurse Kristi was excellent!! She was very kind, gentle and knowledgeable. Maya was wonderful also. She took my blood and knew I was not great about it. She always found ways to cheer me up and take my mind off of it..lol... they were like family to me.
Dr.Roseff is the best doctor I have ever been to. We feel very blessed to have had his expertise to rely on during our IVF process. We had gone to IVF Florida before we were referred by friends(who also got pregnant on their first round of IVF as we did) to Dr.Roseff. I couldn't believe the vast difference in the doctor's approach. From the very first appointment, Dr.Roseff was very clear ,concise, and compassionate. His theory is to do it right the first time. He was so thorough. He took tests that IVF Florida did not take which made us realize that IVF was the best way for us to get pregnant. I had had the laporscopic surgery for endometriosis, however we did not realize my husband also had some issues with his sperm. We wound up doing IVF with icsi. Dr.Roseff was there through our entire treatment happy to answer any questions. He gave us his email or we could call the office. I thought it was great how quickly he returned calls/emails being as busy as he is. He truly cares and set us up for success. Thanks to him and his staff, we have a beautiful baby boy now!!!
Trust him, he knows what he's talking about. He is very thorough. There are other fertility facilities who will push you to do the most expensive procedure, that is not how he operates his business.
I went on birth control pill for about 3 weeks. Then we went on medications which consisted of 3 injections in my belly. I can't remember for how long , i think it was 2-4 weeks. These shots were to stimulate eggs. I wound up with about 19 eggs. I had blood work and ultrasound about 3 times a week for about 2 weeks. I went to the Miami location to do a retrieval on the Friday and the following Thursday, they did the transfer.Dr.Roseff did not do the retrieval or transfer. The doctor who did was wonderful. Of the 19, 3 were fertilized successfully. 2 were put in me. We were going to do genetic testing, but it wasn't safe due to the amount of fluid vs baby in the embryo. 8 days later we found out that we were pregnant!!! We started doing progesterone shots right after the transfer everyday. They are intermuscular shots in alternating butt checks. The first two weeks, i was fine. However, after that it was pretty painful to walk or sit because the muscles were so irritated. I was on those shots for about 45 days. I was on acupuncture throughout the procedure.
Boca Raton
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
While I had very little contact with The doctor [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine], his staff took the time to know me and answered all my questions. They were nice, encouraging and helped me work around treatments and through my miscarriage...My husbands very low sperm count disqualified us from IUI. IVF was our option from the get go... I had no contact with my assigned nurse and wasn’t ever able to reach her. However, Gladys and the rest of the nurses/staff were always nice and friendly. Gladys was always within reach and would always answer my questions and concerns. I owe my son to her, she was wonderful
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Very long waiting times. Getting anyone to answer their phone/extension is a game of cat and mouse. However, once in there, the clinic is clean and tidy, the nurses and staff are friendly and informative.
While I had very little contact with The doctor, his staff took the time to know me and answered all my questions. They were nice, encouraging and helped me work around treatments and through my miscarriage. Even though I had little contact with Dr Eisermann, he was informative and had great bedside manners.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Gladys Lopez)
I believe Gladys wasn’t my nurse but she is the one I had the most contact with. I had no contact with my assigned nurse and wasn’t ever able to reach her. However, Gladys and the rest of the nurses/staff were always nice and friendly. Gladys was always within reach and would always answer my questions and concerns. I owe my son to her, she was wonderful
We had a case of male infertility due to cancer. The Doctor was informative, talked very well about my case and my chances of getting pregnant. He gave us good odds from the beginning. My first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. In the days leading up to my first ultrasound, I had very low bchg levels but the doctor never implied nor assumed it was ectopic. I guess that is the only thing I would criticize, that never informed us that it could be a possibility. However, during my second transfer, he was positive that it would be successful and made sure to do things differently. I ended up getting pregnant and having a baby.
Ask away. Make sure to ask what will better your odds, what things to avoid and ask for direct numbers to his nurses and staff.
My husbands very low sperm count disqualified us from IUI. IVF was our option from the get go.I had a pretty regular procedure. I had very regular periods so they started me on decadron, gonal, and some other drugs I can’t remember now. Egg retrieval went well, 12 eggs and 8 fertilized. First transfer consisted of two embryos, but resulted in ectopic pregnancy and tube removal. Second time I was on Estrace, vivelle patches, and Lupron. After the embryo transfer I was on progesterone oil and estrace or estradiol. This continued until I was about 3 months along.
It was an entire package that included a number of tests, ultrasounds and vistos. Without medication, the entire ivf process was 6,000. The second time since it was only a transfer, it was 4,000
My doctor recommended eSET from the first time we met. I was 30, healthy and a single embryo transfer would increase my chances. However, right before we had the embryo transfer, the doctor informed us that we had various type A quality embryos and that going for multiple (2) embryos would have good chances. The second time I went in for a transfer, I was Adamant about just having eSET so as not to decrease the amount of embryos I had left at that point.
Male Factor, Other
I felt that instructions [from the staff at IVFMD] regarding abstinence were very confusing on my evening voicemails. This almost messed up our cycle as we needed 3-4 abstinence for male factor infertility. Also, my very first monitoring was never scheduled. I was suspicious when I didn't receive an appointment confirmation email and I called to confirm. I really needed 7 am appointments for my work schedule and was very disappointed that my appointments had not been set....Could use an update to décor: looks like they haven't invested in their practice since the 80s-90s. I was typically through monitoring appointments in less than an hour to return to work as I was doing this cycle locally.
Male Factor, Other
I did not see my doctor during any monitoring appointments, only technicians. I did not receive phone calls from nurses with instructions; I had to call into a voicemail by end of business day. I did see the same few nurses during monitoring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sasha)
This clinic also worked with many international, Spanish-speaking patients. So sometimes I didn't feel like my instructions were clear, especially in regards to abstinence. It's easier when you get to speak to the nurses in real time, not listening to voicemail instructions. Dr. Thompson's main coordinator, Sasha, was fabulous. I did not see her for every monitoring appointment, but she was very informative (sizes, numbers follicles, estimating meds, etc).
She spent a lot of time with us during the initial consultation, like well over an hour. She only called me when necessary during the cycle. She was incredibly personable and very realistic while maintaining positivity.
Expect that she will perform your procedures and this is the only time you might interact with her.
antagonist protocol (?): Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix.
Cycle paid in full before monitoring was ~$10500, ICSI was included. Egg retrieval was in their own on-site surgery center so no anesthesia or facility fee. They also offered several third-party payment plans. Meds were partially covered by my insurance, and they also offered to order and sell meds privately.
2012 - 2014
IUI - $300 IVF - $11000. The clinic [IVFMD] was a business. You saw a doctor when you had an appointment with the doctor and at non-routine appointments; otherwise, unless it is a weekend, you see one of the nurses. By the same token, it is streamlined, they give you instructions, typically in writing, for everything, everyone can answer your questions, it is easy to be a patient. The only problems I ever had were with the billing department.
2012 - 2014
The clinic was a business. You saw a doctor when you had an appointment with the doctor and at non-routine appointments; otherwise, unless it is a weekend, you see one of the nurses. By the same token, it is streamlined, they give you instructions, typically in writing, for everything, everyone can answer your questions, it is easy to be a patient. The only problems I ever had were with the billing department.
My doctor knew who I was, always said hi in the hallway when she saw me (but more often than not, I wasn't there to see her, I was there to see a nurse). She made a point to call me after a bad cycle outcome, and had her nurse follow up with me until I called back to confirm I was ok, had no questions, and didn't need anything from them at the time.
Dr. T's primary nurse is Sasha, who is amazing! She was at most of my appointments, she returned calls quickly and answered all my questions, and was always supportive and caring. The other nurses I saw over time were all professional, although I probably saw them all once or twice so didn't know them well. My adoption coordinator, Yoselyn, was also great. Again, answered all my questions, left informative voicemails, returned emails quickly.
She was very easy to work with, she answered all my questions, told me when she wanted to change plans. After the first IVF she told me to trust her, and try it again. Telling me that she would tell me when to stop too, but not yet, so we tried another round, which also didn't work. At that time she told me to stop. It was exactly what I needed, honest professional opinion. She is very kind and caring, she typically runs an hour late, you see her for some appointments (IVF retrieval and transfer, the first ultrasound, surgery) but not the routine appointment (ultrasound, IUI).
Ask her anything you have questions about, she is willing to talk to you for as long as you need.
na
IUI - $300 IVF - $11000
2013
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The office nurses [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Naples] called in wrong doses for me to take on my voicemail. Because I wrote things down I knew it was wrong. When I called back in they said it was my mistake not theirs. The nurses were so incredibly rude and didn't like to be questioned. If they were sure of what they were doing they would be open to questions...
2013
7 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
They are a true waste of money but even more precious, our years and time.
She was uneducated and her inexperience showed once our case went from normal to complicated. She just kept pushing us to move on and do another round of IVF.
I'm having anxiety just remembering my experience with their staff! When I would catch a mistake or a mixup on one of the voicemails they left me, they said I must have been wrong because they are not. They are nice unless you probe or ask questions they may not like. Just another example of their immaturity.
I had nothing against her being young but when we had setbacks she didn't really know what to do. It wasn't until we left and went on the national level to A Class level doctors we really understood how little she knew. After I prematurely ovulated, but didn't, she should have offered to extract the eggs anyways. She didn't tell us until it was too late. Instead she pushed us into another expensive cycle which ended in similar results-again from her inexperience. IVF seems pretty straight forward until it's not. Then you want your time, money, and hope in a doctor who knows what she's doing. It's not her.
Time is not something you can get back. If you have no choice, allow them to do your monitoring but go to a nationally top doctor at SDFC in San Diego, CCRM in Denver, or ORM in Oregon. IVFMD only looks good in numbers because of sheer volume not successes. Do your homework but don't go here. Trust me.
They use a very straightforward protocol which seems nice at first but they just push you into another and another cycle, not changing the protocol enough to make a difference. If nothing else, you owe it to yourself to at least do a phone consult with national A Class docs to see what they would do. IVF is not all created equal. Doctors make a huge difference! It wasn't until we went to SDFC , our fifth doctor that we had succcess!
We had to pay upfront all at once. In the documents we signed I specify remember reading that we waived our right to legal action. Honestly that should have been our first red flag.
32 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Miami office [of Fertility & IVF Center] was great. I didn't have any issues regarding the process, the nurses, the medications or the procedure at the end. The Jupiter office overall is very communicative about everything going on so far in my IVF process. I am just starting the last month before my transfer... Dr Taylor was with Miami office when I did my egg retrieval and all the nurses were organized and polite and very knowledgeable about all medications administered and showing me how to use them. Dr Taylor is now in Jupiter (her name was not shown there to choose) and the nurses are all very sweet and polite, but don't seem to be as knowledgeable as the ones in Miami.
32 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Miami office was great. I didn't have any issues regarding the process, the nurses, the medications or the procedure at the end. The Jupiter office overall is very communicative about everything going on so far in my IVF process. I am just starting the last month before my transfer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joelle Taylor at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Taylor takes all the time you need to explain the whole process from start to finish and answer all questions very thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Summer)
How was your experience with Joelle Taylor at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Joelle Taylor was very knowledgeable and accessible throughout the whole egg retrieval process and now through the IVF process to date. I would recommend anyone I know to use Dr. Taylor for all of their egg retrieval and IVF needs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joelle Taylor at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
nothing comes to mind, my process has been very pleasant
Describe the protocols Joelle Taylor used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval everything went very smoothly with all medications and the injections. I am currently undergoing the IVF process and did not get my period in time to start the birth control, so Dr. Taylor's protocol is to start the Lupron and not take the birth control at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joelle Taylor at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
The egg retrieval cost roughly $12,000. Not sure what the total amount for the IVF is yet.
Describe Joelle Taylor's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Together Dr Taylor and I decided that 1 embryo was best.
Jupiter
The process took longer than expected [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] to even start with the actual ivf medications and preliminary medications. They are highly knowledgeable and organized. This helps greatly with having confidence in the whole team...The nurses and office staff are always quick to answer my questions. They are thoughtful and understanding during this delicate time.
The beginning stages are quite confusing but just keep asking questions. I learned that they are used to it and welcome the concerns. The process took longer than expected to even start with the actual ivf medications and preliminary medications. They are highly knowledgeable and organized. This helps greatly with having confidence in the whole team.
Our nurse has been the best in this whole process. She answers my questions promptly ( and I have a lot of questions!) She is caring and compassionate and it feels great to have her as a support!
Dr. Alford seems to know exactly what she is doing. She doesn’t mind our tedious questions and always has an answer for us. She is very busy but we always get just what we need at every visit. It seems that everyone in our town has gone to her! Every time we mention her, someone will say they know someone who has been to her and has had a great experience. This gives us great confidence in her and her staff.
Be ready to move at a slower pace than you think. This is not exactly a bad thing but it is nice to know ahead of time. Dr. Alford is wonderful but don’t expect too many warm and fuzzies! She means well and cares but is not overally warm and fuzzy.
Right now we are only taking the preliminary medications before ivf that will happen in March.
About 10,000.
She suggest single but will do multiple if you would like it.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
The clinic [IVFMD S. FL Institute] strengths are that everyone is very positive and knows who you are. They all wishes me good luck the day of my embryo transfer and even came out of their workspaces to wish me well. They are friendly and professional when they call and it was never difficult to reach someone to make an appointment.... Jenny was on top of the plan. She called when necessary to remind me of changes with the medications, etc. She always took my calls and responded within minutes to my emails.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
The clinic strengths are that everyone is very positive and knows who you are. They all wishes me good luck the day of my embryo transfer and even came out of their workspaces to wish me well. They are friendly and professional when they call and it was never difficult to reach someone to make an appointment.
Dr. Gelman takes the time to explain your diagnosis and treatment options. I never felt rushed. His staff is friendly and warm. This experience felt more like family than a clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenny Galan)
Dr. Gelman communicates very well. He went above and beyond my previous RE and found an abnormality which can explain why prior treatment was unsuccessful. This was treatable and he took the appropriate actions/ treatment. We are now 9 weeks pregnant! He definitely knows his patients history and treatment plan and makes you feel like you are his only patient.
Don’t hesitate! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I had multiple miscarriages and failed IVF in the past. Dr. Gelman discovered an abnormal Natural Killer blood result which is treatable with Intralipid infusions. My former RE had not tested for that.
The total cost was around $30,000
3 IVF, Donor Sperm
The costs [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were exactly as expected...Overall, the clinic was welcoming. It was a professional environment that was bright and clean. Appointments were kept as scheduled and the overall clinic did their best to conform to the schedule of their patients...Whomever we worked with (it has been a few months and I cannot remember specific names), we were very comfortable with. Very kind and friendly. Also very supportive.
3 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Taylor has the warmest disposition and truly cares for her patients. She was very realistic with us and did not give us any false hope. We appreciated her caring manner and ability to make us comfortable at all times.
Dr. Taylor is a kind and compassionate human being. She was very professional and had an excellent beside manner. We appreciated her realistic perceptions and recommendations for our particular situation.
If considering fertility treatments, we recommend a consultation with Dr. Taylor. Once you meet her, you will want to move forward with her.
From what I remember, our approach was to use a lower dose than my previous doctor recommended in order to prepare my eggs for retrieval. We were impressed that Dr. Taylor always referred to the literature for her recommendations. She keeps her knowledge current.
The costs were exactly as expected.
We had one embryo transferred as it was the only viable one.
Jupiter
[The staff at IVFMD] made you feel important and up to date on all information. Everyone was caring and supportive...Amazing nursing staff! Also, Stephanie who runs the front office is one of a kind!...They are caring, kind, and compassionate. I don't have anything negative to say about anyone within the clinic because everyone is outstanding. Everyone is helpful and always willing to answer questions over and over again.
The staff and Dr. Alford always made you feel important and up to date on all information. Everyone was caring and supportive.
Dr. Alford would put information into terms you could understand, including drawing visuals during consultations and appointments. She was always very thorough and extreamly knowledgeable. I did have two negative pregnancy tests and she called me directly after both to extend her condolences. We went back after our first negative test to do a second cycle. Dr. Alford felt she wanted to change things up this time around based on how my body stemmed from the first retrieval and transfer. Thanks to her and her staff we conceived on our second attempt. In April of 2016, I gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl. She has made our family complete. I can't thank Dr. Alford and IVMD for making our dream to become parents come true! I would highly recommend this doctor and staff to anyone. She has the best bedside manner and ultimately cares about each and every patient.
Go in with an open mind and know that nothing is guarenteed.
Naples
IVF MD is very organized, the staff is friendly and warm. You can sense how they work as a team and personally we always felt that each of the team members were with us...excited and happy as we progress through the process...Adriana is excellent , she was there by us all the way and participated emotionally of our milestones as we were achieving them. I travel a lot for work and she worked around my agenda to make everything work. I just love her!
IVF MD is very organized, the staff is friendly and warm. You can sense how they work as a team and personally we always felt that each of the team members were with us...excited and happy as we progress through the process. The cycle is a roller coaster, but having people around that cheers up for you makes it so much easier. We are very thankful with every single member of this team for supporting us during the two cycles.
With Dr. Eisermann we felt respected and that our case was important- actually it felt it was his only case. Dr. Eisermann cared about our journey, balancing humanity with transparency.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Adriana Ballestas)
Dr. Eisermann is a great professional with high ethical sense, he is very transparent and has very warm bed manners. He committed to our journey always keep us grounded in reality. Dr. Eisermann always made us feel as if we were his only patients.- I am grateful to have found him and for his support with our cycles.
Ask a lot of questions, the doctor is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and very open to share- understanding the process helps to go through the journey. It helps to manage the emotional component of it.
Each cycle was around $15k
Dr. Eisermann is convervative; meaning he will do what is needed to achieve pregnancy, taking in consideration the mom and baby health. He also understood our moral stands and respected them.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
There are several locations [of IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] that you can be seen so if one doctor is out you can see another dr. This is reassuring since you know that you can always be seen by someone. Appointments were always fairly easy to get as well...They [nurses] were informative when they did the scans and super nice when I had to have my blood drawn.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
There are several locations that you can be seen so if one doctor is out you can see another dr. This is reassuring since you know that you can always be seen by someone. Appointments were always fairly easy to get as well.
Dr. Gelman was always very nice. He would e-mail me back with information regarding my test results and was always there if I needed to ask a question.
They were informative when they did the scans and super nice when I had to have my blood drawn.
He was always very clear on what we should expect and what the entire process would be like. He was very thorough with his explanations. I was given a hystersonogram to check to see if my tubes were blocked but we were never trying to get pregnant we were always going to use a gestational carrier. I thought that was unnecessary for us to have had since I was never going to be carrying the child or trying to get pregnant myself.
Dr. Gelman is always open and honest with any questions you bring to the table. When you go to see him bring every question you have and he will make sure that each question is answered.
We just did preliminary testing with Dr. G. I think we did get the price sheet and with PGS testing and 2 cycles of retrievals was going to be around $22k.
We were wanting 1 baby and we were going to do PGS testing since we were using a gestational carrier. Dr. G stated that he thought we should transfer 2 PGS tested embryos.
Endometriosis, Other
It's a small clinic [IVFMD] but is right next to S. Miami Hospital, which is helpful if you have to schedule a surgery there. Limited weekend hours, but the nurses/doctors will call you back on weekends...The costs were somewhat higher at this practice than the prior practice I visited, but the results were much for effective...The nurses were very compassionate and sweet. They were also attentive to my needs and requests. They were good communicators - getting back to me with answers to my questions right away.
Endometriosis, Other
It's a small clinic but is right next to S. Miami Hospital, which is helpful if you have to schedule a surgery there. Limited weekend hours, but the nurses/doctors will call you back on weekends.
Dr. Eisermann gave me individualized care based on my specific needs and challenges. In contrast to other practices were it felt like a everyone had the same treatment plan, Dr. Eisermann designed a specific treatment protocol just for me.
Dr. Eisermann's style is very honest and candid. He did not try to sugar coat the challenges of fertility, but that being said, I knew that he was completely trustworthy. He told us the pros and cons of different treatments, but gave us his best recommendation - which ended up working very well. I got pregnant on the first attempt with his practice, after repeated failures with another practice. Most of all, he gave us hope and a successful pregnancy!
Trust his recommendations and don't second guess the treatment plan, Dr. Eisermann knows what he is doing!
The costs were somewhat higher at this practice than the prior practice I visited, but the results were much for effective (better treatment plan and I got pregnant the first time). I wish I had gone here first and not wasted money at the other place.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
[IVFMD-S FL Inst - S Miami clinic] -Strengths: Clean, well located, all samples are taken in place with no need to go to a lab. They provided all information about costs and expenses Weaknesses: parking is not great. Invoicing and check-out process can take long at times...There are so many [nurses] that you see in this process. In my experience they were all great, professional, understanding, and personable. They answered every question that I had, which were a lot!...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I have nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Eirsermann and his team. At all time they showed legitimate concern for my well being, they listened to me, and were warm and personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susel Sanchez)
There are so many that you see in this process. In my experience they were all great, professional, understanding, and personable. They answered every question that I had, which were a lot!
He is a very ethic and professional practitioner. He really provided a good and easy to understand explanations for a difficult and stressful process. When you are in his hands you really feel safe and that they are doing what is best for you
Rest assure that you are in good hands. Ask all the questions that you have and listen to the doctor.
1- Fibroid removal 2-Stimulation with Gonal-F, Ovidrell, and HCG 3-Retrieval of eggs 4-Embryo transfer after 5 days 5-Follow-up controls It was a successful cycle and and I am pregnant with twins
Fibroid removal surgery: ~31,000, of which the insurance paid about 26,000 IVF: ~17,000 Medications and miscellaneous: ~1,000
2012 - 2013
I do remember that every day there was at least 1 clinic open with a doctor [at IVFMD]. Appointments were always easy to make and convienent for whatever procedure we were doing. I cant recall an specific weakness or negative experience we had at the pembroke Pines office of the south Miami ofice... I believe our IUI cycles were under $1000 plus medications -my insurance covered the necessary medication so we just had to pay co pays and the IUI fee..
2012 - 2013
I do remember that every day there was at least 1 clinic open with a doctor. Appointments were always easy to make and convienent for whatever procedure we were doing. I cant recall an specific weakness or negative experience we had at the pembroke Pines office of the south Miami ofice.
She spoke to our individual problems. Told me that with the results my husband had we had 3 tries with IUI than only alternative would be IVF. She didn't give me false hope either time.
Always sweet and supportive.
She was outstanding. She supplied me with facts and statistics when discussing our plan. She showed compassion and support. We had a successful first round of IUI which unfortunately led to a late miscarriage at 21 weeks. When we returned to the clinic she was understanding and very thorough and performed a whole slew of additional testing before we began another cycle to ensure medically everything was ok. When we did our second round of IUI we actually had 3 eggs fertilize and with her her support and monitoring we made it to 10 weeks before we lost 1 sac. She really was beyond words outstanding when we had that ultrasound and just all around positive experience.
Go in prepared with questions and dont be upset when she tells you her honest professional opinion
I dont recall the specifics -it's been over 4 years
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
They [the nursing staff at IVFMD-S FL Institute- Miami] were very personable. They also never made me feel like I was bothering them with my overwhelming amount of questions. I could actually feel their empathy when they had to deliver the news that I did not achieve pregnancy that cycle.... Clean, organized, professional and flexible! They are open on weekends and open at 7am on weekdays. A great clinic choice for a full-time employee. I never waited longer than 15 minutes even when I arrived early for my appointment.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
He explained every procedure step by step. He even called me personally to thank me for a small gift we gave him around Christmas time.
They were very personable. They also never made me feel like I was bothering them with my overwhelming amount of questions. I could actually feel their empathy when they had to deliver the news that I did not achieve pregnancy that cycle.
He was truly heaven sent. Dr. Eisermann never allowed his ego to cloud his judgement as other doctors might have. When it was determined that I had a tubal blockage he would not agree to undergo the surgery until he was sure my insurance would cover it because he could not ensure a positive result and did not want us to incur the cost of an unsuccessful surgery. He always did what was right for my husband and I.
He is one of a kind
Miami
All familiar faces every time I went [to IVFMD] and everyone sincerely cared. Also, I didn't wait nearly as long so the experience was just all around much more pleasant and less intrusive on my life and job...I absolutely loved Jennifer. I felt she was straight forward and sincere and showed a huge amount of genuine care and concern. She listened and supported me through the ups and downs.
Like every doctor I did have to wait at times, however, it was SO much better than the other place I used to go that I was just a number and waited hours. When making appointments just make sure it isn't a "retrieval " day and you will have minimal wait time.
I went to doctor gelman precisely because I felt like a number at another popular fertility practice in south FL. Gelman's office was such a refreshing change to that. All familiar faces every time I went and everyone sincerely cared. Also, I didn't wait nearly as long so the experience was just all around much more pleasant and less intrusive on my life and job.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Lamb)
Gelman was open and honest and straight forward but also kind and compassionate understanding that these things are very difficult on women and families. He shared options and opinions and still supported my decisions no matter what.
Ask plenty of questions and don't google too much or compare yourself to others because every fertility issue and every woman's body is different
None, Unexplained
The location [IVFMD-S FL Inst - S Miami] is great but the parking is hard to find at times. Ether pay to park in the streets or pay for Valet. The office is very modern and clean. The have plenty of fertility doctors around so its hard at times to know which nurse is assigned to you....We had to call several times before we can get some results / information on procedures done. This may have caused some delay in our process. We did eventually receive thee info we needed.
None, Unexplained
The location is great but the parking is hard to find at times. Ether pay to park in the streets or pay for Valet. The office is very modern and clean. The have plenty of fertility doctors around so its hard at times to know which nurse is assigned to you. I would recommend to ask from day who will be the nurse assigned so that way you can contact that person for any questions.
Dr. Eisermann dedicated the time needed for us to feel comfortable with the process and procedures ahead of us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Mendieta)
The first visit with our nurse which will be walking us through this process was great. Very detailed and available for questions. Did not seem to rush us through the coaching process.
Dr. Eisermann makes us feel very comfortable due to his positive outlook. We have been to other fertility doctors and he makes us feel confident. This is a very emotional experience and even though one has to be realistic it is always good to have someone that transmits positivity.
He is a funny guy and makes you feel comfortable and relaxed.
Due to our history we were recommended to move on with IVF. We are currently in the process and looking forward to a great outcome.
Our complete IVF process $12,500. Not including meds.
Miami
The clinic [IVFMD South Florida Institute for Repro Med] was well kept everything about the clinic was great from the nurses to the dr. They also let you know the pros and cons. Their positive from your first visit to the last....They treated me with care, learned my name acknowledge me every visit cared for me and the reason on why I was there... Dr. Gelmen and his nurse was well manner made sure I was taking care of...
The clinic was well kept everything about the clinic was great from the nurses to the dr. They also let you know the pros and cons. Their positive from your first visit to the last. The dr. Do all blood work to make sure you’re in the clear of everything.
They was excellent
Dr. Gelmen and his nurse was well manner made sure I was taking care of when I need prescription that made sure it was in and I gotten them on time, that stay on top of me to make sure I was doing thing according. They made me feel very welcome and comfortable every dr. Visit. They all wore smiles on the face wishing me best of luck everytime before living my appt.
He’s a very good dr. He makes you comfortable and does everything possible to help you get a positive result after on going ivf.
I was but on birth control but stop cause I was getting cyst on ovaries, was put on menopurl, follistim,
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
The clinic [IVFMD S FL Inst] is wonderful!!...The rising staff is phenomenal! They walk you through every step of the way and explain everything in great detail. They were always readily available to hear any questions or concerns....Insurance covered a good portion. My guess is I spent roughly $5,000 over a year but that is inclusive of all medications for cycles....I felt they genuinely cared for me and made the best most ethical decisions at all times
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
The clinic is wonderful!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer, Katie, and Vickie)
Dr.Alford understands what it is you are going through as she has been through it herself. Her hopes are to safely give you the best chances to get pregnant. She will not do anything to compromise your health or the embryo. Her beliefs are very conservative but she is willing to try new regimens when textbook approaches fail. I always felt as if I could trust her judgment implicitly and was able to communicate to her my concerns as they arose.
Ask as many questions as you have. Do not be afraid to ask why she feels a certain way or what she would do if in your shoes.
-IUI worth clomid -hysterscopy -fresh cycle retrieval to freeze embryos - FET
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
The clinic [IVFMD- S. Florida Institute] is ok, very good lab, good customer sevice in the satellite office I went. I had a bad experience with two nurses in my retrievals in the main facility, one had a bad attitude and the other pinched a nerve in my arm trying to place the IV for anesthesia... First cycle: Gonal F and Cetrotide, poor response mainly bc I had a lead follicle that grew faster and let the others behind. Only 3 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized and transferred, negative Beta :-( Second cycle: Follistim + lupron + Ovidrel, better response in terms of quality but terrible results on quality. 8 eggs retrieved, only 3 fertilized and 2 transferred, negative Beta :-(
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
The clinic is ok, very good lab, good customer sevice in the satellite office I went. I had a bad experience with two nurses in my retrievals in the main facility, one had a bad attitude and the other pinched a nerve in my arm trying to place the IV for anesthesia
She is a very knowledgeable doctor, she goes straight to the point and is very honest about possible outcomes. She is very receptive to questions or options you can bring as a patient and answer your questions pretty well.
She is still compassionate however she doesn't sugarcoat anything, so sometimes she could say something that you don't want to hear but it is maybe a fact about your age, condition, etc.
25k to 30k
She suggested two transfer 2 embryos
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
They [nurses at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] really explain in details all instructions and they are always there for you when you need them...The weakness of the clinic is to actually get a hold of the nurses when you need them by phone. I found they would answer me right away through email so I stick to that form of communication. Among the good things are that the clinic has very nice atmosphere in the waiting area they offer water, tea, and coffee.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
He was always very caring about me.
They really explain in details all instructions and they are always there for you when you need them.
Dr. Kenneth is a very enthusiastic and passionate about his work he will always give me good advice like taking specific vitamins and he believes in Oriental medicine as well. He is a very open doctor but at the same time grounded.
Believe in him
I don't recall.
My insurance helped me. I want to say that this is for the COOPER CITY Clinic not NAPLES
Naples
I love the messaging system [at IVFMD S. FL Institute-Miami], information online and prompt response after hours. They are extremely busy and sometimes it takes a little longer to see the nurse, so plan accordingly, at the same time they are very accommodating with busy schedules... The staff explained every step, provided plenty of resources and were always available to answer any questions.
I love the messaging system, information online and prompt response after hours. They are extremely busy and sometimes it takes a little longer to see the nurse, so plan accordingly, at the same time they are very accommodating with busy schedules
We had a great experience with Dr. Eisermann and the entire staff, he was caring, compassionate, professional and meticulous. The staff explained every step, provided plenty of resources and were always available to answer any questions.
Dr. Eisermann listened to our concerns, explained our options in great detail and made us feel very comfortable. He was balanced in his approach, showing us the risk but also success rates. After 2 failed attempts with other providers we were scared and almost hopeless, Dr. Eisermann's commitment and professionalism put us at ease and we were successful in our first treatment.
Miami
The clinic [IVF MD] was clean and well organized. The waiting area was spacious with lots of comfortable seating and water bottles for those who wanted. It has a nice clean modern feel. The staff was also very helpful and kind.... The first time me and my wife met her [Dr. Thompson] she was very compassionate and kept saying she was going to do everything she could to help us. She took her time explaining everything to male sure we understood.
The clinic was clean and well organized. The waiting area was spacious with lots of comfortable seating and water bottles for those who wanted. It has a nice clean modern feel. The staff was also very helpful and kind.
She took her time to explain everything and was very kind and thoughtful.
The first time me and my wife met her she was very compassionate and kept saying she was going to do everything she could to help us. She took her time explaining everything to male sure we understood.
She recommended that I go to and andrology specialist for male infertility workup. She had me do a semen analysis before seeing the andrologist which showed cryptozoospermia. My wife had a vaginal ultrasound to look for follicles, blood tests for hormone imbalances and ovulation studies, and an HSG to ensure her tubes were open. Her results were all normal.
2014 - 2018
The clinic [IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Med] accepted my insurance, so the cost were bearable.... Professional, knowledgeable, caring doctor and all stuff. Very accommodating when scheduling appointments. Nice and clean offices. And the best results - 2 successful pregnancies thanks to this clinic.... Great personal experience. Doctor Alford and all the stuff were very friendly and personal.
2014 - 2018
Dr. Alford is very professional and knowledgeable. I felt confortable discussing with her all my concerns. She gave great explanation of the situation, treatment plan and advise about any question. We love doctor Alford. She helped us to concieve our first baby and we returned back when ready for the second one. Now we are successfully expecting our second child thanks to her and her stuff.
She is the best doctor to choose for any infertility concerns. Very professional with personal approach.
The clinic accepted my insurance, so the cost were bearable.
Naples
The nurses [at IVFMD Miami] were all great, profesional and understanding...The clinic is very comfortable. The valet parking is convenient and very efficient. It's very easy to get there. The staff is great. They use a lot technology so they make life simple and easy. I love this office!...Dr. EIsermann is very honest, professional and knowledgeable. I couldn't be in better hands. He studied our case and offer solutions that work at the end. He make me feel comfortable and was very clear with the information.
The doctor and the staff is very caring. The nurses were all great, profesional and understanding.
The nurses were all great, profesional and understanding.
He's the best! You can trust him. Let him do his work.
I don't remember the names of the medicines. But we follow all the instructions as the doctor and nurses recommend and everything went great.
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
The whole nursing staff [at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine - Miami] was very nice, friendly and compassionate. They were very knowledgeable and always attentive...Ask as many questions as you would like. Do not feel like your asking too much. Dr. Bustillo has sat with us many times explaining and answering many many questions and she makes you feel comfortable no matter how many you ask. Believe me I have asked many!...
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
I had personalized care at this office. The whole staff was always very attentive and were always available for anything I needed.
The whole nursing staff was very nice, friendly and compassionate. They were very knowledgeable and always attentive.
How was your experience with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Bustillo had extensive knowledge and experience. She always made me feel as if I was her only patient. She always answered my questions and explained everything thoroughly. Dr. Bustillo helped me with my first pregnancy which was an IUI and now I am seeing her for an IVF. I have full confidence in her and her experience. She has always explained the best choices we have in order to conceive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Maria Bustillo
Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
[IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine is a] Great clinic... clean, professional, modern. The nurses are very sweet and they perform IUIs if needed because doctors may be busy with retrieval’s or transfers. They always have a nurse or RE on call 24 hours daily...[Dr. Kimberly Thompson is] so real and down to earth. She cries with you and rejoices with you. She is very thorough and research driven.
Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
She is the greatest doctor and so real and down to earth. She cries with you and rejoices with you. She is very thorough and research driven.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yosie Diaz )
The nurses and all staff are awesome
She is amazing! I have referred many friends to her because of how she handled our treatment plan from day 1. She spends her time with you and never ever rushes you out. She is truly an example of what a good RE should be.
Give her a chance and don’t give up if the first treatment doesn’t work!
Immune testing IVF after IUI didn’t work Conservative approach to decrease potential of hyper stimulation of ovaries. Successful first attempt
Insurance for visits and IUIs IVF was out of pocket
Describe Kimberly Thompson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Na
Miami
Wonderful practice [at IVFMD S. Florida Institute-Jupiter]. I loved everything about it and had a wonderful experience! I have recommended this clinic to many friends and family members. I visited the Jupiter practice as well as the Miami practice and had great experiences at both.... Summer and all the staff at IVFMD were phenomenal. So caring and always available to answer any question or concern that I had.
Wonderful practice. I loved everything about it and had a wonderful experience! I have recommended this clinic to many friends and family members. I visited the Jupiter practice as well as the Miami practice and had great experiences at both.
Dr. Taylor is extremely knowledgeable in her field. She is very warm and has amazing bedside manner. She is kind and understanding and always made sure that I understood what and why we were taking the steps we took.
She is not only a wonderful doctor, but also a wonderful person. She exhibits compassion and care for her patients while maintaining a very honest and knowledgeable demeanor. I have recommended her to many of my friends and family.
Don't wait, get in to see her ASAP.
Jupiter
Care coordinator [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] : the best posible. Nursing staff: one day they forget about me in the ultra sound room. It was a busy day and not really a serious issue, other than that one always fees nurses could be a little warmer: they were nice but could be better...All very good, waiting time a little long some times, and help during off business hours was sometimes not easy...Dr. Eisermann is just a wonderful person, he really cares for you and helps you through all the emotional challenges me and my husband faced during my treatment. After 3 IVF unsuccessful treatments in my home country we had almost given up hope, but his empathy and honest kindness always kept me positive and now I am on my 7th month of a very happy and serene pregnancy.
Care coordinator: the best posible. Nursing staff: one day they forget about me in the ultra sound room. It was a busy day and not really a serious issue, other than that one always fees nurses could be a little warmer: they were nice but could be better.
Never give up hope, there are really knowledgeable who can help you.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Dr. Eisermann knows very well what he is doing. He tried different things until we got the results expected. He was caring, made sure we understood the process, the risk and the different options. He helped me feel better and not loose my hope when things did not go as expected. After some work, he made our dream a reality!!!...Firts we tried IUI, 5 times. After that 3 IVF. After the second IVF the Dr. wanted to do some additional test and discover and immunologic problem which he treated during the 3rd IVF. That work and I am having twins!
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Best ever. The staff helps you in the process and gets very personal. They make a difference.
Dr. Eisermann was extremely caring. He cared for me and helped me believe it was possible, that I was next.
Detailed, good communicator of the process, caring.
Always have faith
$60K for the whole treatment
He recommended multiple given the statistics of the treatment.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Nursing staff [at IVFMD-S FL Inst - S Miami] was attentive to my every need. They always responded to my questions quickly...Caring and understanding!!!! Knowledgeable above all others!!
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Caring and understanding!!!! Knowledgeable above all others!!
Very thorough, spent time explaining everything. Caring and compassionate
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristi, Chantelle and two other wonderful nurses, but I am drawing a blank on names)
Nursing staff was attentive to my every need. They always responded to my questions quickly
Dr. Roseff is an extremely knowledgeable doctor who understands the struggles you are going through. He is compassionate and caring yet tells you the truth without sugar coating it.
Don't hesitate making an appointment...it's not written in stone but you will gain an immense amount of information to help you move forward
I responded fast with the hormones prior to retrieval so much that I almost went into ovarian hyper stimulation. Dr Roseff and his team treated me accordingly and everything worked out wonderfully
Fertility treatment is expensive and you have to understand that when you go in.
Miami
You're only as good as your staff this truly applies to this [IVFMD-S FL Inst - Boca] office!! They are a team and each person is as good as the next!!..In one word [the clinic is].. amazing! They were gentle, compassionate, and always so friendly!! It can seem like a long process, but it does work and Dr. Roseff does everything in his power to help make it happen!
You're only as good as your staff this truly applies to this office!! They are a team and each person is as good as the next!!
I cannot say enough GREAT things about Dr Roseff and his amazing staff! He's thorough, he takes the time with each patient and he truly cares! His entire staff was like family to me!
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristi was amazing!)
In one word.. amazing! They were gentle, compassionate, and always so friendly!!
"Do it right the first time" is his motto and he does everything he can to make sure that happens! He cares, he takes the time and he's thorough!! We're expecting our HEALTHY baby boy this February and couldn't be more excited! Thank you to Dr Roseff and his wonderful staff for making our miracle happen!! It works... And he's the best!
Insurance covered some of our costs which helped out! We spent between $15k-$20k
Male Factor, Other
This man [Dr Roseff] is wonderful. Everything is wonderful!...He would spend as much time as needed for consultations. Offered hugs and condolences for rough news. Answered calls and emails always within 24 hrs. Even friends on Facebook...Ask any questions you may have. Write them down as they come up. Don't be scared to call/email questions as they pop up....Around $13k for IVF treatments. Worked with outside loan and financing companies to make costs affordable.
All amazing!
I love her! We have stayed in touch since having my son.
This man is wonderful. Everything is wonderful!
Tried clomd first and was unsuccessful. Kept developing cysts with the clomid. Attempted an clomid iui with trigger shot and it failed. Tried iui again and hyper stimulated so we cancelled. Emotionally I was ready to move on to IVF since we had more of a chance of success.
Boca Raton
We would get different nurses every time & it wasn't until we were in our second retrieval that we were able to interact constantly with Esserman....I think the lab [at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine] is at fault for damaging embryos during PGS testing. My embryos only have a 50% thaw survival rate and the two that survived did not hatch fully and never implanted....I am still under treatment so as of now the jury is still out on what went wrong.
I think the lab is at fault for damaging embryos during PGS testing. My embryos only have a 50% thaw survival rate and the two that survived did not hatch fully and never implanted.
We would get different nurses everytime & it wasn't until we were in our second retrieval that we were able to interact constantly with Esserman.
I saw a different nurse every time and was very confused about results sometimes
I think he's very capable and intelligent and very knowledgeable in the subject of infertility. I am happy with him thus far despite the setbacks.
Request to see him and make sure he's involved because some of the nurses were not very good. My first cycle should have probably been cancelled.
Follistim Ganirelix Menopur HCG Retrieval PGS ICSI Transfer with Progesterone & Estrogen Transferred two PGS normal Mitoscore A embryos. Negative results Awaiting blood results from immunology
Competitive
Miami
The most important for me as a patient is to have a professional, knowledgeable, and trustworthy Doctor to count on for my treatment. I have found much more than I was looking for. Dr Eisermann made us feel from the first visit, our treatment was going to be a success, and it was!!!...My nurse coordinator [at IVFMD] was always on top of my needs. Making sure I was going in the right path, step by step... she was always available for questions!!
Dr. Eisermann is very professional. He was very clear, very positive. Dr Eisermann made me feel that my procedure was going to be a success from the beginning. It has been an awesome experience. I will come back!!
My nurse coordinator was always on top of my needs. Making sure I was going in the right path, step by step... she was always available for questions!!
Always follow his directions, do what he says and trust him.
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
[IVFMD] The nursing staff were wonderful as well. Very personable and friendly, which was so comforting for us. I feel like we made wonderful friends!...I truly can't say enough wonderful things about her [Dr. Alford]. She was a breath of fresh air..., especially since we were coming from a different doctor who wasn't so wonderful. We have two amazing beautiful children thanks to her, her staff, her knowledge and positivity. We're so blessed because of her....Her bedside manner is incredible. She's caring, kind and upfront. I always felt like she really cared about our success!...I feel like we made wonderful friends!
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I truly can't say enough wonderful things about her. She was a breath of fresh air, especially since we were coming from a different doctor who wasn't so wonderful. We have two amazing beautiful children thanks to her, her staff, her knowledge and positivity. We're so blessed because of her.
What's one piece o