Kimberly Thompson

Viera
8059 Spyglass Hill Rd
Viera, FL 32940
321-752-0111

Dr. McCarthy's bedside manner is exceptional...her specialized care and knowledge of your specific situation don't make you feel like just another number at all...she truly feels like a friend...She has this warmness to her and I feel like she truly does care about each and every one of her patients. When none of our embryos made it freeze, she was the one calling me with this news and offering comfort. When we had our follow up appointment to discuss what went wrong in our egg retrieval cycle, she was direct but gentle when sharing all our information.
Due to my diminished ovarian reserve, we did an aggressive protocol [at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine] in hopes of stimulating the microscopic follicles. Unfortunately, this didn't work. I started with 4 eggs at baseline and had 4 eggs retrieved...Carly [nurse] was amazing! During each out my monitoring appointments ahead of egg retrieval she was never in a rush to get me in and out. She answered questions and was so thorough. She was also so encouraging and positive which was so needed during my first cycle.
How was your experience with Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. McCarthy offers exceptional care. She has this warmness to her and I feel like she truly does care about each and every one of her patients. When none of our embryos made it freeze, she was the one calling me with this news and offering comfort. When we had our follow up appointment to discuss what went wrong in our egg retrieval cycle, she was direct but gentle when sharing all our information. I definitely don't feel like just another patient. When in treatment with Dr. McCarthy, she truly feels like a friend.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Trust her. She knows what she is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. McCarthy's bedside manner is exceptional. Although IVFmd does batch cycles which can make you feel like a number, her specialized care and knowledge of your specific situation don't make you feel like just another number at all.
Describe the protocols Jenna McCarthy used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Due to my diminished ovarian reserve, we did an aggressive protocol in hopes of stimulating the microscopic follicles. Unfortunately, this didn't work. I started with 4 eggs at baseline and had 4 eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Carly Mitzfield)
Carly was amazing! During each out my monitoring appointments ahead of egg retrieval she was never in a rush to get me in and out. She answered questions and was so thorough. She was also so encouraging and positive which was so needed during my first cycle.
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
IVFmd is an amazing practice filled with incredibly talented doctors. The only weakness I see is that they do batch cycles. This is a bit frustrating because it's on their schedule not your own cycle, but it is my understanding that batch cycles are very common in the IVF world. It just takes a little getting used to.

2019, Consult
From the moment I walked into the clinic everyone including Dr. Gelman took the time to talk to me about my medical situation and all of the things they would like to do to help me get pregnant...I've visited with Dr. Gelman for an initial consultation. We discussed my medical history as where I stand today. He did an ultrasound and recommended a nutritionist. It was nice that the clinic had a nutritionist on staff. Dr. Gelman was very knowledgeable, respectful, had great bedside manner
From my initial phone call [with IVFMD South Florida], everyone was very cordial and helpful. I was able to make an appointment quickly. Dr. Gelman, and his staff are all very knowledgeable and helpful. They go out of their way to help you figure out this crazy journey that you are on. They helped me deal with the financial aspects of paying for all of this with no insurance coverage and gave me a list of all the things I needed to do prior to IVF. They even have a nutritionist on staff who makes sure you go into your procedure with the best body you can have.
How was your experience with Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
From the moment I walked into the clinic everyone including Dr. Gelman took the time to talk to me about my medical situation and all of the things they would like to do to help me get pregnant. They spoke to me with great bedside manner and took the time to listen to my history and answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
As I am still in the initial consultation phase, I was not assigned a specific nurse just yet. While at the consultation I did have bloodwork done and was told what my next steps would be. The nurses were all very nice and did a good job of explaining what I would need to do next.
While I have only been to the clinic a handful of times, it is great. From my initial phone call, everyone was very cordial and helpful. I was able to make an appointment quickly. Dr. Gelman, and his staff are all very knowledgeable and helpful. They go out of their way to help you figure out this crazy journey that you are on. They helped me deal with the financial aspects of paying for all of this with no insurance coverage and gave me a list of all the things I needed to do prior to IVF. They even have a nutritionist on staff who makes sure you go into your procedure with the best body you can have.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
So far I've only had to pay my copay and for some bloodwork
Cooper City

Dr Wood was very honest with me from the beginning. I was 45 when I started with Dr Woods. She said lets give you your best shot...Before my cycle we started with Vitamin D, Co Q -10, and several other supplements to help egg quality...Her testing went above and beyond and she discovered 2 issues that could get in the way of me holding a pregnancy by requiring testing that went a step beyond.
The entire staff here [at IVFMD South Florida Institute] becomes like friends and family...Aside from running behind most of the time they are awesome! They know you by name, are very communicative, and always show empathy to your situation. They are very organized in the way they communicate information to you and you always know what to expect.
How was your experience with Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I was seeing a different Dr and was not happy with when a friend recommended me to Dr Wood. Dr Wood was very honest with me from the beginning. I was 45 when I started with Dr Woods. She said lets give you your best shot and that is what I feel like she did. Vitamins, supplements, monitoring everything possible. We talked about mental health, physical health, my support system. From day one I have felt like Dr Woods was just invested in my pregnancy as i was. Her testing went above and beyond and she discovered 2 issues that could get in the way of me holding a pregnancy by requiring testing that went a step beyond. I so appreciated her taking this extra step instead of waiting until something goes wrong. We have moved onto donor eggs but what I know is if there is a way for it to happen Dr Woods will find it. And that is a great trust to have in your doctor!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be ready to have hard truths, positives and negatives, and tons of details. She knows her stuff and she will be very open with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Ellen Wood is very honest and detailed in her patient care. She has always made me feel like she is on my team and the moment I met her I knew, if there is a way for me to conceive she would find it. She is not rude but she is also no BS.
Describe the protocols Ellen Wood used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Before my cycle we started with Vitamin D, Co Q -10, and several other supplements to help egg quality. I do not recall all the injectables and pills but I do know Dr Woods paid very close attention to my results and adjusted accordingly. I trust her completely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grethal )
The entire staff here becomes like friends and family. They are always a friendly face and both encouraging and empathetic. I love this office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
not sure how to answer
Describe Ellen Wood's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Woods recommends a single embryo transfer but says it is your body and she will do two. No more than two.
Cooper City

I was pleasantly surprised with the level of care and communication that I had with Dr Eisermann and his IVF Coordinator Jodi. They were great and always answered my questions and never made me feel inferior. Dr. Eisermann also had excellent bedside manner and made his best to make me feel at ease and as if he really truly cares...He was very honest with us from the very beginning about the low success rate we could expect if we used my own eggs due to my diminished ovarian reserve. He never made us feel rushed or pressured into choosing any specific treatment or protocol. He also worked very well with my local doctor when it came to making all of the arrangements for my treatment and deciding what would work best for me based on my particular case. On the day of the embryo transfer, he was very kind and gentle and was very comforting. I felt a little rushed, but I think that's just because he is so used to doing the procedure. But he spoke with my husband both before and after the transfer, making sure we had no questions for him and to give us his best wishes for a positive pregnancy.
Because of my endometriosis, I was put on a month of oral birth control and about three weeks of Lupron prior to embryo transfer [at IVFMD South Florida]...They [nurses] communicated well and always answered my questions in a timely manner...The IVF transfer alone was about $10,000.00 The medication and monitoring was paid separately (and the purchasing of donor eggs). All that other stuff was about another $15,000.00
How was your experience with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He has been doing this for a very long time and is therefore very knowledgeable. He was very honest with us from the very beginning about the low success rate we could expect if we used my own eggs due to my diminished ovarian reserve. He never made us feel rushed or pressured into choosing any specific treatment or protocol. He also worked very well with my local doctor when it came to making all of the arrangements for my treatment and deciding what would work best for me based on my particular case. On the day of the embryo transfer, he was very kind and gentle and was very comforting. I felt a little rushed, but I think that's just because he is so used to doing the procedure. But he spoke with my husband both before and after the transfer, making sure we had no questions for him and to give us his best wishes for a positive pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
You won't be speaking directly with him most of the time, so its best to be patient with his staff who will do most of the liaising with patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
After a not so great experience with the assistant staff for another doctor within the same clinic, I was pleasantly surprised with the level of care and communication that I had with Dr Eisermann and his IVF Coordinator Jodi. They were great and always answered my questions and never made me feel inferior. Dr. Eisermann also had excellent bedside manner and made his best to make me feel at ease and as if he really truly cares.
Describe the protocols Juergen Eisermann used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
He had all of our information from tests and stuff done with previous doctors, so the only other things we had to do was repeat a sperm analysis and get immunological blood work on me. The blood work showed that I had antiphosolipids so he added an anti-coagulant medication to my regimen on the day of transfer. Because of my endometriosis, I was put on a month of oral birth control and about three weeks of Lupron prior to embryo transfer. I've also been given progesterone support via PIO injections and vaginal suppositories, and I've been taking estrogen orally, vaginally and with patches. So far everything looks good, we will be having our Beta HCG later this week.
They were all very good. They communicated well and always answered my questions in a timely manner. I also felt very confident in them and felt secure in knowing that my concerns or questions were actually making it back to the doctor and they weren't just using their own discretion on what was necessary and what wasn't, which was a relief since I didn't get that experience with some other staff members at a different clinic.
It is very nice and clean. The downsides are that parking is difficult if you do not use Valet Parking, and sometimes the wait can be long (and the waiting room gets a little crowded sometimes). Also billing can sometimes be a bit time consuming. Another thing I liked was, that because I am an international patient, I had to order a lot of my medication and they were very accomodating with receiving the packages on my behalf and storing them for me until such time as I was able to collect them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

2019, 19 Eggs Frozen
I only have strengths to mention as I was content throughout the entire process [at IVFMD]. I didn't have to wait too long, everything went as planned, the staff is kind and receptive. I would highly recommend this practice and Dr. Thompson to anyone with fertility concerns...I was given great instructions on how to self inject and went in every other day during treatment to have an ultrasound and get my blood taken. I felt safe and at ease throughout the entire process...[nursing staff] Makes you feel important and responds to all questions quickly and clearly...Dr. Thompson and her staff were so kind, always answering my (many) questions and making me feel safe and secure throughout the entire egg freezing process. She explained the process in great detail and the possible outcomes. Everything went exactly as scheduled. I was told to buy exactly the amount of drugs I needed, so I didn't have to overpay for drugs I wasn't using (I've heard this happens a lot with egg freezing). I am in my very late 30's and have PCOS, and thought maybe this was going to be a waste of time, but the regimen they put me on was perfect for me and we got plenty of eggs out.
How was your experience with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I don't have anything negative to say at all. The entire experience surpassed by expectations. I am so happy and grateful for Dr. Thompson and the entire staff at IVFMD. From the start, I was hesitant about the egg retrieval process as I am in my very late 30's and have PCOS. Dr. Thompson explained to me the possible outcomes and the realistic future of what occurs later when and if the eggs are used. She was honest, kind and extremely knowledgeable. I felt comfortable throughout the entire process and was very happy with the results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Listen to your doctor and do as she reccommends
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Kimberly Thompson used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Adriana )
Makes you feel important and responds to all questions quickly and clearly
I only have strengths to mention as I was content throughout the entire process. I didn't have to wait too long, everything went as planned, the staff is kind and receptive. I would highly recommend this practice and Dr. Thompson to anyone with fertility concerns.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I paid about $3500 in meds and $6000 in doctor costs. About $9500 total.
Kimberly Thompson
Miami
[Protocol with Dr. Roseff included] Extensive bloodwork, Genetic testing, intralipid infusions...[He] was kind, informative, remembered us from previous appointments greeted us with a warm greeting and a hug. He never rushed us and let us ask all of our questions and always answered. And he never gave us false hope. We believe we were absolutely in the best hands and knew that Dr. Roseff was as invested in this process as we are.
They [nurses at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were informative, answered emails in a timely fashion. Compassionate...The paperwork and insurance/claims are extremely overwhelming especially in this very fragile time...We spent $20k has we had health insurance coverage. Omnitrope meds were $2,000, intralipid infusions were $277 each, each cycle was about $4,000 and the blood work through UniLab was by far the largest expense many thousands of dollars.
How was your experience with Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
We were in the best hands with Dr. Roseff. He is incredibly smart, informative, compassionate and is as invested in this process as we are. He methods, testing, treatments were thorough, well thought out and explained, so we had no questions. And we were lucky enough to have success (thus far) because of Dr. Roseff’s guidance and direction. He is the absolute BEST!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Trust in the process and what Dr. Roseff says!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Roseff was kind, informative, remembered us from previous appointments greeted us with a warm greeting and a hug. He never rushed us and let us ask all of our questions and always answered. And he never gave us false hope. We believe we were absolutely in the best hands and knew that Dr. Roseff was as invested in this process as we are.
Describe the protocols Scott Roseff used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Extensive bloodwork, Genetic testing, intralipid infusions. Egg Retrieval: Birth control without estrogen Gonal F, Omnitrope,cetrotide with a Novarel Trigger short both times. FET: Lupron, birth control without estrogen, estradiol, vivelle patches, PIO injections, and crinone.
They were informative, answered emails in a timely fashion. Compassionate
The paperwork and insurance/claims are extremely overwhelming especially in this very fragile time. Don’t forget to ask A lot of questions and write them down so you don’t forget!!! Dr. Roseff is the absolute best, I/we trust him and his process completely.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Boca Raton
She. [Dr. Ellen Wood] does not use a one size fits all method for your fertility needs, her team makes sure your care is specially designed just for you! Dr Wood and her team at IVFMD make you a part of their family and are there for you every step of the way during your unique journey!...took time outside of the office to research the most cutting edge technology out there to make our family dreams a reality! She found and used technology that was only being used by a small percentage of fertility doctors and picked this based on our specific needs!
Belkis [nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute] is amazing and organized, sweet and so responsive no matter what time it is! She makes you feel like family and takes all the time you need to Explain every detail to you so you feel Confident every step Of the way...We were given the cost breakdown of everything before we signed uo for anything they were so upfront and explained every cost the entire way!...The clinic is beautiful and everyone even the office staff are so kind and organized and even willing to educate you on ALL of Your options! They work hard to make sure you have someone making the experience personalized and make sure you never feel alone in the journey
Dr. Wood and her team are the reason my son is here today! We had been told by other fertility teams that it wasn’t possible to begin a family with a high chance of success and Dr Wood took this as a challenge to quickly succeed at an extremely affordable cost! Dr Ellen Wood took time outside of the office to research the most cutting edge technology out there to make our family dreams a reality! She found and used technology that was only being used by a small percentage of fertility doctors and picked this based on our specific needs! She does not use a one size fits all method for your fertility needs, her team makes sure your care is specially designed just for you! Dr Wood and her team at IVFMD make you a part of their family and are there for you every step of the way during your unique journey!
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Belkis )
Belkis is amazing and organized, sweet and so responsive no matter what time it is! She makes you feel like family and takes all the time you need to Explain every detail to you so you feel Confident every step Of the way
Dr Wood helped us test each embryo and select the one that would lead to the highest chance of success! She educated us how testing the embryos leads to a better chance of full term Pregnancy and taught us why
Cooper City
Dr. Wood took the time to educate me on all of the options available, she made sure I knew the health choices were in my hands and was there to advise me on the statistics of each choice...made me feel comfortable every step of the way. She is brilliant and passionate about what she does and is simply the best at making your family goals a reality. Dr. Wood takes the time to make a plan that is individualized to your needs and makes sure to educate you on all of the options that will yield the highest success rate.
Belkis [nurse at IVFMD South Florida] was so sweet and made sure she was in constant communication with me each step of the way. I was always confident in what I needed to do and how this would come into play for my IVF...The clinic is clean and all the staff make you feel as if you are a family member. You feel as though you are part of a community even waiting in the waiting room for the short stay. The Doctors and nurses are always smiling and the clerical staff are there to educate you as well!
Dr. Wood made me feel comfortable every step of the way. She is brilliant and passionate about what she does and is simply the best at making your family goals a reality. Dr. Wood takes the time to make a plan that is individualized to your needs and makes sure to educate you on all of the options that will yield the highest success rate.
Pick Dr. Wood if you are looking for the best care for the most affordable cost. Dr. Wood will make sure that she and her team give you the best care during your time of need. She does not cut corners and is looking to find success for during your fertility journey. Even if you have been told by another doctor it isn't possible contact Dr Wood and she will show you that with cutting edge technology she can make your dreams come true.
Dr Wood froze my eggs to give me the best chance at conceiving when I was ready. When it was time she recommended the best way to prepare my body and even had me use intralipid infusion to ensure my body wouldn't attack the baby upon transfer for my IVF cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Belkis)
Belkis was so sweet and made sure she was in constant communication with me each step of the way. I was always confident in what I needed to do and how this would come into play for my IVF
2014 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Eisermann] discouraged a single transfer. It wasn't really discussed and I was afraid to push for it and lose one. I was ok with it...he helped me conceive my first child via IUI. years later he helped me conceive my second via IVF. He is incredibly smart and friendly. He will tell you the truth and not give you false hopes. He has decades of experience and has seen it all. I think the only complaint I have is that he took too long to try the more aggressive treatment that finally worked.
Problems with Insurance billing [at IVFMD South Florida]. I was erroneously charged for things that were covered...The only weakness is that they should offer counseling of some kind to patients who are really struggling like I was. I happily have my healthy babies and I still hurt from years of fertility struggle...They are generally very nice [nurses]. However, at one point I was getting treatment for months with no success and I was really struggling emotionally. One staff member who had taken some leave saw me and said, "Oh, wow! Why are you still here!?" I know it wasn't intentional but I was so sensitive and it was hurtful.
His sense of humor is a little odd but harmless.
Since I has unexplained infertility, he started me with timed intercourse. Then he tried ta procedure to clear my tubes. Then he gave me medicine to boost my ovulation and timed intercourse. Then he did IUI . I finally got pregnant after several months of IUIs and I had a healthy baby. Years later I returned and we did another IUI and then an egg retrieval and two IVF cycles to finally have my healthy baby.
They are generally very nice. However, at one point I was getting treatment for months with no success and I was really struggling emotionally. One staff member who had taken some leave saw me and said, "Oh, wow! Why are you still here!?" I know it wasn't intentional but I was so sensitive and it was hurtful.
Dr. Eisermann has perseverance. If you have any chance of getting pregnant, he will find it. If you don't, he will tell you. The only weakness is that they should offer counseling of some kind to patients who are really struggling like I was. I happily have my healthy babies and I still hurt from years of fertility struggle.
I was lucky to have great insurance but my out of pocket and copays were still expensive.
Describe Juergen Eisermann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
He discouraged a single transfer. It wasn't really discussed and I was afraid to push for it and lose one. I was ok with it.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Problems with Insurance billing. I was erroneously charged for things that were covered.
Miami

I absolutely trust Dr. Roseff as an expert in infertility and IVF. He has a lot of experience and keeps up to date with current research. Furthermore, he is a very kind human being and my appointments with him were always on time....I was diagnosed with endometriosis and a blocked tube by a previous OB/GYN. Only Dr. Roseff diagnosed me as having PCOS...We used the antagonist protocol, which yielded great results without throwing me into OHSS...
The Boca Raton clinic [IVFMD-S FL Inst- Boca] does not perform all the procedures so I did have to go to the clinic in Jupiter for egg retrieval and transfer....Kristi is the absolute best nurse...She is ALWAYS available by email (or phone), with super quick responses....The Boca Raton clinic itself is very nice and clean...One weakness of the clinic I went to was the lab for blood draws would sometimes be backed up and I would have to wait up to a half-hour....
I absolutely trust Dr. Roseff as an expert in infertility and IVF. He has a lot of experience and keeps up to date with current research. Furthermore, he is a very kind human being and my appointments with him were always on time. I definitely felt like I was in the right hands when it came to my treatment. I would not hesitate to recommend him for his expertise.
I would tell a prospective patient to not look elsewhere. Take a look at Dr. Roseff's success rates. Do not waste your money at a different clinic! Do it right, so you only have to do it once.
I was diagnosed with endometriosis and a blocked tube by a previous OB/GYN. Only Dr. Roseff diagnosed me as having PCOS, which was a key component in treating my infertility (No OB/GYN in my whole life detected PCOS, and I've had a lot of them). I went straight to IVF since I personally knew other treatments would be a waste of time and money with all the factors affecting my fertility. We used the antagonist protocol, which yielded great results without throwing me into OHSS. I requested to do a fresh transfer despite the fact that Dr. Roseff advised against it because of my high hormone levels from PCOS. Unfortunately the fresh transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy, but that is of no fault of Dr. Roseff (he did warn me against it). I did a frozen transfer next, which Dr. Roseff stated he was very optimistic about. I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and feel my little baby BOY kicking me everyday. He knew it would work this time, thats how amazing he is at his job.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristi)
Kristi is the absolute best nurse I have ever met (and I work as a nurse!). She is ALWAYS available by email (or phone), with super quick responses. Having a nurse thats always available by email or phone is essential when you are undergoing such a complicated treatment like IVF. She was always very reassuring and knowledgeable about what comes next in the treatment plan. I don't think I could have made it through IVF without her!
The Boca Raton clinic does not perform all the procedures so I did have to go to the clinic in Jupiter for egg retrieval and transfer. The RE at that clinic that did my retrieval and transfers (Dr. McCarthy), is absolutely the nicest and funniest lady ever. She always put me at ease during the procedures. The Boca Raton clinic itself is very nice and clean. The main receptionist Chantelle is great, and she really knows her stuff. The lab ladies were very very nice as well. One weakness of the clinic I went to was the lab for blood draws would sometimes be backed up and I would have to wait up to a half-hour. However, that's not too bad at all compared to the wait times I have had at the OB and other doctors.
I was able to do my treatment cycle through WinFertility, which bundled the IVF with meds for a discount.
Describe Scott Roseff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Roseff is very pro-eSET which I find great. The clinic's results are so great and Dr. Roseff knows when an eSET is best for a patient. He does let the patient choose if they want to do more than one embryo though.
Boca Raton

She [Dr. Alford] is very busy but we always get just what we need at every visit...seems to know exactly what she is doing. She doesn’t mind our tedious questions and always has an answer for us...Be ready to move at a slower pace than you think. This is not exactly a bad thing but it is nice to know ahead of time. Dr. Alford is wonderful but don’t expect too many warm and fuzzies! She means well and cares but is not overally warm and fuzzy.
The process took longer than expected [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] to even start with the actual ivf medications and preliminary medications. They are highly knowledgeable and organized. This helps greatly with having confidence in the whole team...The nurses and office staff are always quick to answer my questions. They are thoughtful and understanding during this delicate time.
How was your experience with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Alford seems to know exactly what she is doing. She doesn’t mind our tedious questions and always has an answer for us. She is very busy but we always get just what we need at every visit. It seems that everyone in our town has gone to her! Every time we mention her, someone will say they know someone who has been to her and has had a great experience. This gives us great confidence in her and her staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Connie Alford used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Right now we are only taking the preliminary medications before ivf that will happen in March.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jodi)
Our nurse has been the best in this whole process. She answers my questions promptly ( and I have a lot of questions!) She is caring and compassionate and it feels great to have her as a support!
The beginning stages are quite confusing but just keep asking questions. I learned that they are used to it and welcome the concerns. The process took longer than expected to even start with the actual ivf medications and preliminary medications. They are highly knowledgeable and organized. This helps greatly with having confidence in the whole team.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
About 10,000.
Describe Connie Alford's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
She suggest single but will do multiple if you would like it.

2016 - 2018, 32 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Joelle Taylor was very knowledgeable and accessible throughout the whole egg retrieval process and now through the IVF process to date... For my egg retrieval everything went very smoothly with all medications and the injections. I am currently undergoing the IVF process and did not get my period in time to start the birth control, so Dr. Taylor's protocol is to start the Lupron and not take the birth control at all.
Miami office [of Fertility & IVF Center] was great. I didn't have any issues regarding the process, the nurses, the medications or the procedure at the end. The Jupiter office overall is very communicative about everything going on so far in my IVF process. I am just starting the last month before my transfer... Dr Taylor was with Miami office when I did my egg retrieval and all the nurses were organized and polite and very knowledgeable about all medications administered and showing me how to use them. Dr Taylor is now in Jupiter (her name was not shown there to choose) and the nurses are all very sweet and polite, but don't seem to be as knowledgeable as the ones in Miami.
How was your experience with Joelle Taylor at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Joelle Taylor was very knowledgeable and accessible throughout the whole egg retrieval process and now through the IVF process to date. I would recommend anyone I know to use Dr. Taylor for all of their egg retrieval and IVF needs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joelle Taylor at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
nothing comes to mind, my process has been very pleasant
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joelle Taylor at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Taylor takes all the time you need to explain the whole process from start to finish and answer all questions very thoroughly.
Describe the protocols Joelle Taylor used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Summer)
Miami office was great. I didn't have any issues regarding the process, the nurses, the medications or the procedure at the end. The Jupiter office overall is very communicative about everything going on so far in my IVF process. I am just starting the last month before my transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joelle Taylor at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The egg retrieval cost roughly $12,000. Not sure what the total amount for the IVF is yet.
Describe Joelle Taylor's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Together Dr Taylor and I decided that 1 embryo was best.
Joelle Taylor

2012 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Gelman is clinical enough to give you confidence in your treatment but warm enough to make you feel like a human. He always presented the course of treatment based on evidence and was aggressive with making sure we had the best shot each attempt.... He was protective of the embryos we had created and did extensive immune testing after our second miscarriage to find the root of the issue. It was clear that he was invested in our success.
I am overall very pleased with the clinic [IVFMD South Florida Inst]. Despite being a large center, it maintains a personal feel. I did have issues with the financial department - the contract I was supposed to sign had huge errors and I had to argue about having them adjusted.... The nursing team was responsive and caring. They were patient with me and kept me organized.... We did a 2 fresh 2 frozen package with ARC fertility and it was around $18,000.
Dr. Gelman is clinical enough to give you confidence in your treatment but warm enough to make you feel like a human. He always presented the course of treatment based on evidence and was aggressive with making sure we had the best shot each attempt. He was patient with my barrage of questions and took the time to make me feel confident in our treatments, understand why we were doing things a certain way, and educate me. I left each visit with a solid understanding of why we were doing something.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. If there's something you dont understand or want to know more about, ask. He will be patient and take the time educating you and explaining the procedures, risks, options, and recommendations. It never felt like I was bothering him.
Describe the protocols Kenneth Gelman used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I dont remember, we did use menopur and follistim for my egg retrieval. I had 14 eggs retrieved and that led to 6 5-day embryos. We did a fresh cycle and transferred 2 embryos. I got pregnant but had a miscarriage. We did a frozen cycle and transferred 2 embryos and got pregnant with my son. We did a frozen cycle with one embryo transferred and it was negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grethel Sanchez)
I am overall very pleased with the clinic. Despite being a large center, it maintains a personal feel. I did have issues with the financial department - the contract I was supposed to sign had huge errors and I had to argue about having them adjusted. Their legal team did agree with most of my changes and updated the contract for me but it was a frustrating process. The financial team also wasn't clear on when payments were due despite me asking numerous times.
We did a 2 fresh 2 frozen package with ARC fertility and it was around $18,000. I paid my clinic directly for our FET and it was $5,500 without medications. There was a $500 discount for payment with cashier's check.
Describe Kenneth Gelman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
During my first to ivf cycles we transferred 2 embryos each time. Both times I got pregnant with one baby. The most recent time we transferred only one embryo b/c I had gestational diabetes with my son and dr gelman had concerns should I get pregnant with multiples. That cycle did not work although he indicated the success rate with 1 vs 2 embryos was not significantly different.
Cooper City

Dr. Alford is a very intelligent woman and she knows exactly what she is doing. Which eases the stress that comes with this situation. She has an educated and caring answer for any and all questions. We did have a hard time socially with her as my wife and I are very outgoing and social. She knows her stuff and cares but there isn’t much time for jokes and chit chat, which is understandable. Her heart is in the right place and that means the world to us.
IVFMD of Naples has an extremely caring staff. Their want and need to help with our infertility needs is very focused and supportive. Their weakness are not communicating about some hidden costs and explaining all that is covered in their packages.... My wife and myself receive phone calls from our nurse letting us know exactly what is going on. Jodi is always willing to work with us and help us when we come to any toad blocks. All of the nurses at the office are pleasant, caring and genuinely exited for their patients.
Be ready financially. Most insurances do not cover her services and it is costly. Be ready for fees that you didn’t expect. Such as lab work and a few procedures. Be sure to ask as we were surprised a few times .
I am always greeted with a smile and a warm personable hello. All of the nurses we have encountered have never rushed us and were always eager to ease our anxieties.
To date we have had our consult, my wife started with an SIS, this is a saline ultrasound used to look at the uterus and cervix. Now we are starting with the meds and have weekly blood tests and ultrasounds to check hormone levels and monitor the uterine lining. We will be doing the IVF transfer in the next coming weeks.
The clinic offers packages that relate to your specific needs. They are costly and not everything is included.
Dr. Alford suggested that if we had strong embryos to only do a single transfer but if they are weak to do a multiple embryo transfer.
Naples

Dr. Roseff is caring. He makes it a point to remember personal details I tell him (such as vacation destinations) and asks about it on the next visit....Dr. Roseff offers a free second opinion so I met with him after 7 failed IUI cycles with a previous fertility clinic.... he immediately determined that I had a thyroid issue which can cause infertility.... He recommended a new protocol: IUI with Femara....
The clinic [IVFMD South Florida] is clean and the staff are friendly. The check-in process is very smooth. As long as you arrive on time for your appointment, then there is almost never a wait. The Boca location is not open on weekends though, so you have to travel to another location... Nurse Kristi is great! At each appointment, we always share laughter. She spends time with me to explain the procedures, protocol, etc.
Dr. Roseff is caring. He makes it a point to remember personal details I tell him (such as vacation destinations) and asks about it on the next visit. He hugs me every time I see him in the office. He explains the issues and treatment thoroughly to make sure I understand everything before I leave his office. I'm always prepared to ask questions, but he usually answers them all before I have to ask!
Follow his recommendations even if he gives you the option. He wants the best possible outcome to avoid wasting your time and money with multiple cycles.
The Boca office is not the main location. It is a suite in a building and Dr. Roseff is the only doctor on site. I prefer this small location because you don't feel rushed in and out. You see the same receptionist and same nurses, they become your friends. They know you by name and remember your needs.
Dr. Roseff offers a free second opinion so I met with him after 7 failed IUI cycles with a previous fertility clinic. I transferred my medical records to him for review prior to the initial consultation. Upon review, he immediately determined that I had a thyroid issue which can cause infertility. After one year of treatment, my prior RE failed to diagnose this! Dr.Roseff had me test again to confirm and treat me accordingly. He also advised I had a dimished ovarian reserve which I already knew. He did thorough testing including an SIS which was perfect. He recommended a new protocol: IUI with Femara. I have tried Clomid before (failed) and he advised I might have better luck with Femara. He also recommended IVF but left me with the choice. I opted for IUI cycle #8 - failed. He strongly believes based on his experience that I have endometriosis and that is preventing my chances to conceive with IUI. The only way to diagnose endometriosis is with a laparoscopy procedure. Instead of spending time and money on a laparaoscopy procedure, we agreed to go straight to IVF treatment. I am currently about to start stims in my first IVF cycle and I feel well prepared!
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristi )
Nurse Kristi is great! At each appointment, we always share laughter. She spends time with me to explain the procedures, protocol, etc. She uplifts and calms me when I'm sad or stressed. The best way to reach her is via e-mail, she responds almost immediately - and I always have lots of questions.
The clinic is clean and the staff are friendly. The check-in process is very smooth. As long as you arrive on time for your appointment, then there is almost never a wait. The Boca location is not open on weekends though, so you have to travel to another location (Cooper City, South Miami, Naples, Jupiter) for certain treatments (i.e. IUI, egg retrieval, egg transfer). This could be an inconvenience depending on where you live.
This clinic accepts United Healthcare insurance so for office visits and ultrasounds I only had to pay a co-pay. They also allowed me to use LabCorp for some bloodwork which was covered 100%. IUI is about $200 plus $125 for thawing of frozen donor sperm.
Boca Raton

Dr. Alford is fantastic. She is sweet and explains everything in complete detail. She also works to be as accommodating as possible for me.... We did a standard IVF cycle starting with birth control. From there, we did Gonal-F and Menopur, both of which had to be increased multiple times. My eggs mature late, so my retrieval was pushed back to the very last day they could do it before moving me to a different office. We did a freeze-all cycle. At retrieval, we got 25 eggs, but only 6 were mature. Of those six, only 3 made it to blastocyst.
Dr. Alford is fantastic. She is sweet and explains everything in complete detail. She also works to be as accommodating as possible for me. My drive to her clinic is an hour and my work schedule does not afford me much time off. Her staff has done their best to work around my schedule and she has been very sensitive of my feelings while I navigate my second miscarriage.
Please give all IVF patients the rules as early as possible, especially if there is some line they aren't meeting, like blood pressure or BMI. This will give patients the most time to get to where the need to be to move forward and reduce stress in the overall process.
Dr. Alford is fantastic. The IVF nurses and ultrasound technicians are fantastic, but her other nursing and office staff were generally rude and heartless. There have been multiple times where I have left the office in tears because of certain individuals working there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katy)
Katy is fantastic. She is sweet and has a sense of humor. She made us feel at ease about the IVF process and was there to answer questions by phone or email whenever we needed during that time. Danielle was another nurse that we loved. She was fantastic and very compassionate as well. Vicki, one of the nurses, was less so. There were multiple times when she played off office oversights and made us feel as though we were at fault for her clinic's screw ups. We were constantly given information from her at the last minute about BMI and blood pressure requirements. She asked us questions like "are you taking your medications like you're supposed to" as if we'd flush 20k down the toilet. Her tone was generally condescending and she took everything entirely too seriously but then would berate us about needing to reduce our stress level.
IVFMD has a fantastic team for the most part. The doctor is knowledgeable and wants to help her patients. The clinical staff and overall office is, at times, chaotic and poorly run. We were often times given information about IVF requirements, like BMI, blood pressure, and Pap smears, at the last minute. In fact, I was told four weeks out that I had to lose six pounds or else my cycle would be cancelled. When I asked why I hadn't been told about this requirement sooner, I was told that they had "suggested" I lose weight as if it meant the same thing as "had to." This happened again with my blood pressure and pap smear results as well as a couple of times when last minute appointments had to be made, requiring me to take off work last minute.
$20,000 - $22,000 for IVF, medications, and associated ultrasounds and procedures.
She was very informative about the risks of transferring multiple embryos, but told us that in the end, the choice was up to us. We elected to do a single transfer after learning all the risks about twin pregnancies.
We started going in October with the idea that we would do IVF in June. I was told I "should see" a doctor about my blood pressure even though I told them it was only high at the office and that I "should probably" try to lose some weight. Jump ahead to MAY and I am told that: 1. I MUST lose weight to get my BMI under 36 or my cycle will be cancelled. (4 weeks out) 2. I MUST be seen by a doctor for my blood pressure or my cycle will be cancelled. (2 weeks out) 3. I MUST have a pap smear done or my cycle will be cancelled. (2 weeks out) Why wasn't I told all of this IN OCTOBER when we decided on IVF to begin with? The DAY BEFORE my transfer, I am called and told I need to come in that morning for more blood work and that the lack of appointment being made already was simply an oversight.
Naples

Dr Gelman used a less aggressive stimulation protocol with me due to my age- 41yrs old (less drugs) than my previous doctor and it seems the protocol was better - we got more embryos with his protocol than with my previous doctor. He also insisted on using the genetic testing on the embryos which we did for two cycles, when all results came back bad, he proposed trying transfer without testing embryos. this is what we're doing right now
The financial team [at IVFMD- S. FL Institute- Miami] seemed a little cold at first. The rest of the team good and accommodating. I felt good during each visit from seeing the phlebotomist to the nurses that were doing my ultrasound.... I worked with WinFertility (their cost was below the cost of the clinic)... Personalized service, nurses knew patients by name. Clinic was accommodating around my schedule/ vacation days. All questions addressed
Dr Gelman is a good doctor. Very thorough and knowledgeable. Did a complete set of tests, more than my previous fertility doctor did. He is for an open dialog, doctor to patient. He will tell you his opinion, proposed a treatment and wants your feedback and open dialog to discuss your thoughts, looks for your agreement and acceptance of the plan. He wants to be sure you understand and agree with what will be done.
Do your homework (some reading on the subject) so you can have open discussion with the doctor , ask questions and understand all that's being done. This doctor appreciate your opinion on the subject.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yvonne)
always made sure I understand the instructions (she was leaving me detailed messages with instructions, repeating info to make sure I understood).
The financial team seemed a little cold at first. The rest of the team good and accommodating. I felt good during each visit from seeing the phlebotomist to the nurses that were doing my ultrasound.
I worked with WinFertility (their cost was below the cost of the clinic).
I believe he follows recommendation by CDC , by age for eSET (for me he agreed to transfer two embryos as Im 41 years old)

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
She [Dr. McCarthy] is very thorough and does her due diligence in testing and analysis prior to starting fertility treatments...Used various protocols for the each retrieval and then for frozen egg transfer. All retrieval’s started with regulating menses with birth control. Then with careful monitoring started adding Follistum, then Menopur, and then Cetrotide. Used HCG for trigger. Another time used microdose Lupron prior to stim start...
Carly, my IVF coordinator [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine], has been a god-send. She responds to every email and call that I have and is typically very swift with her responses. She is the glue of the operation...Strengths are their fabulous doctors, clean facilities, wonderful staff and accessibility. One weakness I would say is that they could improve on the education they provide patients on the whole process and medications
Dr McCarthy is very good at her job. She is able to balance her expertise, training and education with compassion and humor. She Is great about responding to questions and concerns and is always open to any insight and suggestions we bring to the table. During various procedures, she is wonderful at communicating what she is doing and why. She is very cautious and careful and does a thorough evaluation of all potential variables that may be contributing to our inability to have a baby.
Be patient. She is very thorough and does her due diligence in testing and analysis prior to starting fertility treatments.
Been able to get to know the staff at the clinic. Typically staff and Doctor are easily accessible and quick to respond to inquiries, concerns, etc. After 2+ years going to this clinic, we have been able to forge relationships with most of the staff. Also, there is very few turnover of staff which is nice. Relatively small office with 2 doctors and appropriate staff so it’s not a huge practice where you see different doctors each time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Carly Mitzelfeld )
Carly, my IVF coordinator, has been a god-send. She responds to every email and call that I have and is typically very swift with her responses. She is the glue of the operation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I have insurance which would cover some parts of my IVF; at this point I have maxed out my benefits. Medications are super expensive and then all of the labs and tests were as well.
Describe Jenna McCarthy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Doctor Mc verbalized wanting to transfer 1 embryo each time and the risks associated with transferring more than 1.

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. McCarthy is fantastic at communicating and relating with her patients. No question no matter how small was ever a dumb question. She has come in after hours to see me and cancelled her entire day to perform emergency surgery on me. Her knowledge and experience is a pristine. She is confident but not overly confident in her abilities...all of my FETs I was on a long lupron protocol in order to give my lining extended time to grow. I was also on viagra for my lining with FETs in addition to the PIO, DelEstrogen, Estrace. Once I became pregnant, I started Triple Progesterone treatment as it has been shown to help those with RPL.
[The nurses at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine are] Easy to get in touch with, but sometimes difficult to know who to talk to since there wasnt one specific one assigned...Once or twice my calendar did not reflect the changes that Dr. McCarthy and I had personally discussed. The nurse did not update them...We spent around 13 for our fresh cycle not including meds. Meds generally ran 5-6k. For FETs we spent around 5000 plus 3 in meds.
Dont be afraid to ask questions
Dr. McCarthy has always gone out of her way to show personalized care. She has never rushed us, she is available by email and phone, she is prompt in all her responses, she hugs you...need I go on?
I honestly cannot remember my specific protocol for egg retrieval and fresh transfer since it was in early 2014, but I do know all of my FETs I was on a long lupron protocol in order to give my lining extended time to grow. I was also on viagra for my lining with FETs in addition to the PIO, DelEstrogen, Estrace. Once I became pregnant, I started Triple Progesterone treatment as it has been shown to help those with RPL.
Friendly small clinic feel. Never a very long wait compared to some clinics. Easy to get someone via email or phone. You can always see the same doctor which is wonderful. You also can visit the same location each time.
Miami
He adjusted my medications to accommodate my bodies needs...Dr. Roseff, was always available if I needed to speak to him about something. He was very informative and advised us of the risks and benefits throughout the whole process. He was very gentle when he advised us of our results and reasons for non success up until that point...I am currently going through my first cycle with Dr. Roseff. I had 3 previous unsuccessful IUI attempts before coming to him.
The prescreening [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] after I had done some tests with another location for myself was $1,500 and my partner was $500. The IVF process was around $23,000. There were a lot of vitamins required to take as well that was probably around 1,500 so far for the both of us...She [nurse] was available at all time for any communication or clarification I needed. She was very organized and laid everything out for is on a calendar. She was on top of my results and what was needed to be done. Very personable and friendly.
Dr. Roseff, was always available if I needed to speak to him about something. He was very informative and advised us of the risks and benefits throughout the whole process. He was very gentle when he advised us of our results and reasons for non success up until that point. I have total faith in Dr. Roseff.
He is very gentle and welcoming.
very explanatory and informative, gentle and always available.
I am currently going through my first cycle with Dr. Roseff. I had 3 previous unsuccessful IUI attempts before coming to him. He adjusted my medications to accommodate my bodies needs.
She was available at all time for any communication or clarification I needed. She was very organized and laid everything out for is on a calendar. She was on top of my results and what was needed to be done. Very personable and friendly.
This clinic is very nice. Its not a huge office but very welcoming. They are all organized and on top of things. They advise you of all the payment costs upfront before you start any cycles. They have the vitamins available they recommend you purchase. They are open early in the morning to take care of things before going to work. The only drawback is the Boca Office isn't open on weekends so if you need a service you have to go to one of their other locations.
The prescreening after I had done some tests with another location for myself was $1,500 and my partner was $500. The IVF process was around $23,000. There were a lot of vitamins required to take as well that was probably around 1,500 so far for the both of us.
Miami
I feel Dr Gelman took a personal interest in our case. He never gave up and was always positive yet honest. I felt that Dr Gelman was easy to talk to and always made me and my husband feel comfortable even in difficult situations. He never made us feel rushed. And returned calls promptly...always took the time to explain treatments in a way we could understand...We transferred 1 and that resulted in a pregnancy which I am currently 5 mo pregnant
My nurse and IVF coordinator [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were amazing. They responded to emails and phone calls very quickly. And patiently reviewed everything until I completely unsterstood it. I had full trust in them...The only weakness is the wait time on some days...Their strengths are consistency and compassion. They do not have a high turn over. Which makes you feel comfortable seeing the same friendly, familiar faces each visit.
Keep an open mind.
Dr Gelman always took the time to explain treatments in a way we could understand. He and his nurses are compassionate and have great empathy for our situation. They treated us like family. With all their hard work we are now pregnant and doing great!
My first stimulation cycle I used Menapur,Gonal F and cetrotide. I believe they retrieved approximated 10 embryos (?) but only 1 lived to day 5. That transferred embryo did not result in a pregnancy. The 2nd stimulation I used ganirelix, follistim, low dose ovidril, cetrotide and lupron. That resulted in 16 embryos retrieved (?) and 4 made it to day 5. 1 transferred and did not result in a pregnancy. The other 3 were PGS and of those 3, 2 were normal. 1 was abnormal and discarded. Of the 2 remaining. We transferred 1 and that resulted in a pregnancy which I am currently 5 mo pregnant. And the other one is frozen for a future transfer.
My nurse and IVF coordinator were amazing. They responded to emails and phone calls very quickly. And patiently reviewed everything until I completely unsterstood it. I had full trust in them.
The only weakness is the wait time on some days. But I guess that’s what happens when you provide great results. Their strengths are consistency and compassion. They do not have a high turn over. Which makes you feel comfortable seeing the same friendly, familiar faces each visit.
Approximately $50,000 total. For stimulations, transfers, testing, IUIs, etc.
I prefer elective single embryo transfer.
Cooper City
Fortunate enough with his [Dr. Kenneth Gelman's] guidance and wisdom I only had to do the transfer once. He recommended a specific biopsy that would indicate exactly when to do the transfer and how much more of a specific hormone I would neeed and initially I did not want to do it because I did not want to delay the process any further. Again, he didn’t force, only suggest but I did not want to risk doing the transfer and something else came up. After doing that test it showed I needed an extra two days of progesterone as compared to an avg person.
Grethel [a nurse at IVFMD S FL Institute-Hollywood] was unbelievable. I would tell every single person to ask for her. Belkis was also pleasant but that’s abt it. I won’t speak badly about the other one because Grethel was that amazing. She responded to emails in a beyond timely fashion and I considered her to be heaven sent. She compassionate and caring. She showing empathy and was genuine. I cannot emphasize how incredible she is.
He was able to answer all of my questions and concerns and even fears with me in detail. When I was frustrated with the process, he would take his time, gave recommendations but never forced ideas or suggestions. There are many other doctors that could have milked this situation for money and made me do certain treatments over and over but he was effiecieny and very knowledgeable. I found myself fortunate to have been referred to him. Great sense of humor by the way!
Have your questions ready to go
I never felt like a number or statistic with him. I loved his sense of humor. There were days that I cried when I found out news I didn’t want to but he always reassured me and gave me hope
Initially we weren’t sure what the problem was, everything appeared normal but I wasn’t able to fertilize. We did fertility drugs first and that didn’t work, then tried iui and realised that didn’t work and then we did specific blood tests, and which showed abnormal levels in hormones which gave me an explanation and some closure. So now it was a matter of rectifying. Fortunate enough with his guidance and wisdom I only had to do the transfer once. He recommended a specific biopsy that would indicate exactly when to do the transfer and how much more of a specific hormone I would neeed and initially I did not want to do it because I did not want to delay the process any further. Again, he didn’t force, only suggest but I did not want to risk doing the transfer and something else came up. After doing that test it showed I needed an extra two days of progesterone as compared to an avg person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grethel)
Grethel was unbelievable. I would tell every single person to ask for her. Belkis was also pleasant but that’s abt it. I won’t speak badly about the other one because Grethel was that amazing. She responded to emails in a beyond timely fashion and I considered her to be heaven sent. She compassionate and caring. She showing empathy and was genuine. I cannot emphasize how incredible she is. I would send lots of emails with questions and she answered every single one even on her days off but she cares for her position and her patients. I don’t remember all the other names, but both Jennifer’s also deserve an honorable mention. Both again were great at follow ups and very patient with me and my questions. The nurse who took blood is also an angel. Very gentle and very compassionate. Dylin and Andrea at the front desk/check out are also amazing. Great staff!
Great times that are available I was able to go in at 7.30 then go straight to work. Not sure abt the afternoon availability but I do like the flexibility in morning hours as I did not need to request time off.
With the first ivf coordinator she never followed up with me or meds and I would call the pharmacy and they would not have it. For me to drive to the margate pharmacy and then not have it was not ok
Cooper City
Dr. Gelman was the first doctor to provide us with real answers and actually take the time to make sure all of the proper tests were completed and although both my husband and I area relatively healthy, made modifications to our lifestyle with vitamins and diet to only further help. Not only did Dr. Gelman always have the best bedside manner, so did his nurses and staff [IVFMD South Florida Inst for Repro Med] .
The financials in the beginning I would would have been outlined a little better as far as everything that would be due outside of the actual ivf package, but the staff [IVFMD South Florida Inst for Repro Med] worked with us and in the end it is all worth it. ... There was never a long wait time in the office. I liked how the blood work was drawn on site. The staff was very professional and friendly. Always accommodating appointment times.
We cannot even begin to thank Dr. Gelman and his staff enough. Dr. Gelman is a beyond incredible physician. His professionalism, knowledge, and expertise in the field is unparalleled. We had a very long, emotional and frustrating journey with infertility. Dr. Gelman was the first doctor to provide us with real answers and actually take the time to make sure all of the proper tests were completed and although both my husband and I area relatively healthy, made modifications to our lifestyle with vitamins and diet to only further help. Not only did Dr. Gelman always have the best bedside manner, so did his nurses and staff. I can't say enough about everyone. Aislynn, always made me laugh even when I was so stressed or worried. Her calming demeanor always put my mind at ease, which was so important to me. She is knowledgable and understanding and just the absolute best!! Jen and Belkis, are also angels for putting up with my countless emails and calls. They are so thorough in explaining everything and really were there for me through it all. I grew fond and close to all three of them as well. Thanks to Dr. Gelman and his staff we are expecting our miracle twin boys. After a very long journey, we are forever grateful to him and his staff. I feel so blessed to have found their office and couldn't recommend them enough, especially for how hard and emotional this road can be, you need a team like this by your side to give you answers and get results.
There was never a long wait time in the office. I liked how the blood work was drawn on site. The staff was very professional and friendly. Always accommodating appointment times. The financials in the beginning I would would have been outlined a little better as far as everything that would be due outside of the actual ivf package, but the staff worked with us and in the end it is all worth it.
Cooper City
Dr. B, treated me like a human because she was very compassionate and sincere. She made sure not to miss a single thing during my plan of care. ... The care, compassion, and sincerity I received from her is like no other. She didn't miss a thing throughout the course of my treatment. Thanks to Dr. B it was made known to me I had PCOS. Thanks to her care and knowledge she provided me the best plan of care to achieve success.
Everyone [IVFMD S FL Inst for Repro Med] is so knowledgeable, organized and compassionate about their work! I did not see nor experience any weakness. ... Yosie, always replied to my calls, emails and concerns. She made everything clear and easy to understand. ... Natasha, was there with her magic touch to always draw my blood. Her hands are magic! ... You are not a number you are a person.
How was your experience with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. B is a Fertility angel sent from above. She will guide you to success and a miracle. The care, compassion, and sincerity I received from her is like no other. She didn't miss a thing throughout the course of my treatment. Thanks to Dr. B it was made known to me I had PCOS. Thanks to her care and knowledge she provided me the best plan of care to achieve success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Listen and let her guide you! She will not fail you even when all hope is lost.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yosie, Bianca and Natasha)
Yosie, Bianca and Natasha along with Dr. B are my angels sent from up above! Yosie, always replied to my calls, emails and concerns. She made everything clear and easy to understand. She provided me positive support and emotional. Bianca, was always there through out the most important parts of this process. She made every visit for ultrasounds and not to mention my egg retrieval the most pleasant! she is an amazing nurse with extraordinary bedside manners. Natasha, was there with her magic touch to always draw my blood. Her hands are magic! the best was when she was there to assist Dr. B with my transfer! it was a great day and I'm so glad she was there.
This clinic is the place to go for anyone struggling with infertility. You are not a number you are a person. Everyone is so knowledgeable, organized and compassionate about their work! I did not see nor experience any weakness.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Maria Bustillo
Miami

If I had known about Dr Roseff initially I would have gone straight to him! we did Lupron to surpress the ovaries then estrogen and progesterone timed for FET. After a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks after a positive pregnancy test the first time we did an endometrial biopsy and identified endometritis. We treated it and did a follow up biopsy which came back negative. The second transfer worked and I am now 10 weeks pregnant with a singleton. Did elective single embryo transfer.
[Nurse at IVFMD] Kristi is incredibly kind and answered countless questions from me very quickly. Every time I went to the office Kristi and all the nursing staff were efficient , helpful, compassionate and enthusiastic depending on the circumstances...The Boca office is a very friendly, personable place where they know you and you are not a number. I had a lot of tests and a lot of paperwork and everything was processed accurately and efficiently. They coordinate very well with the Miami office that does the transfers and contains the lab
Again, I think Dr Roseff is exceptional in his balance of explaining the realities of ivf while still remaining positive. I felt like he left no stone unturned when it came to diagnosis. Much of the diagnostics were done before we even began instead of waiting for issues and then fixing them along the way. Every time I sat down with him I felt like my success was important to Dr Roseff. He is very patient and explains things very well. At no point did I feel like I was rushed or that any question wasn't answered intelligently and thoroughly. its a difficult process emotionally and financially and that is not lost on him.
Ask a lot of questions. He is a great communicator and is happy to share the knowledge he has accumulated over the years. You will not be rushed out of the office and he enjoys his job!
Dr Roseff's office is a standout in the 3 practices I have visited for level of care. His entire staff is friendly, well informed, and efficient. Dr Roseff went above and beyond to answer questions, explain everything thoroughly with immediate feedback in the office or through email when issues arose outside of appointments. Dr Roseff is very current on all the issues and still recognizes above all that this is an extremely difficult and emotional process. I felt like he was really invested in my success and when that success came he was genuinely happy for me! The first time didn't work but he was encouraging and we dug a little deeper to resolve an issue. He is forthright about issues and probabilities while still remaining positive.
If I had known about dr roseff initially I would have gone straight to him! we did Lupron to surpress the ovaries then estrogen and progesterone timed for FET. After a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks after a positive pregnancy test the first time we did an endometrial biopsy and identified endometritis. We treated it and did a follow up biopsy which came back negative. The second transfer worked and I am now 10 weeks pregnant with a singleton. Did elective single embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristi vesh)
Kristi is incredibly kind and answered countless questions from me very quickly. Every time I went to the office Kristi and all the nursing staff were efficient , helpful, compassionate and enthilusiastic depending on the circumstances
I paid out of pocket...I thought the pricing was competitive compared to the other clinics I had been to. I didn't feel nickled and dimed