Jenna McCarthy

Viera
8059 Spyglass Hill Rd
Viera, FL 32940

2014, Successful
Dr Eisermann was excellent. He personally did all my treatments including egg retrieval and implantation. ... He has a good sense of humor and connected with my husband as well.... He also offers/recommend natural support for the fertility such as in house nutrition. He also recommended supplements to cover all basis. ... Ivf with a fresh embryo transfer on CD 6.
Clinic [IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is great. They offered one-one classes in the injections and were very patient with all my questions. Billling was great too. Before starting treatment we knew exactly how much it will cost with no surprises or bill laters. ... [nursing] Team was great. Accommodated my schedule needs and were clear in the instructions from the start
How was your experience with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Eisermann was excellent. He personally did all my treatments including egg retrieval and implantation. Offer me confidence and left nothing for me to worry or guess during the process. He has a good sense of humor and connected with my husband as well. Patients state of mind plays a big role during fertility process and he makes you feel secure with him due to his experience and not leaving anything for guessing (which can create ton of stress). He also offers/recommend natural support for the fertility such as in house nutrition. He also recommended supplements to cover all basis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He is in high demand so book your appoitment as early as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
The clinic was great. He gives you confidence during the process with out over promising on the results.
Describe the protocols Juergen Eisermann used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Ivf with a fresh embryo transfer on CD 6.
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is great. They offered one-one classes in the injections and were very patient with all my questions. Billling was great too. Before starting treatment we knew exactly how much it will cost with no surprises or bill laters.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It was cover they the insurance. It was around 7-8k and from this amount I paid my co-payment amount
Describe Juergen Eisermann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
He initially was advising us on eSET. However due to embryo quality he suggested two so one can support the other
Juergen Eisermann
2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bustillo was kind and knowledgeable. She answered all my questions regarding my treatment. She was aware that I was working after my appointment and I was seen at my scheduled time. I was able to have my husband by my side when I was in the room and this made me feel very comfortable... is professional and answers all your questions and is happy to work with other Dr's that are not in her practice...hysterosalpingogram first as well as a semen analysis
[IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is very up to date. When you walk in they will hand you an IPAD and that's where you put all your personal info and have everything saved in the patient portal. They also give you an ID card that you swipe when you arrive for your visit. The office is clean and has a lot of pictures of babies that they have delivered...The staff tries to plan appointment times around your work schedule. They made things easier for me because I was able to write emails regarding blood work, egg size quality and quantity, ultrasounds and any questions I had regarding the hormone medications which I needed to take.
How was your experience with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I would do a hysterosalpingogram first as well as a semen analysis before your appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Bustillo is professional and answers all your questions and is happy to work with other Dr's that are not in her practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lidia Rojas )
The clinic is very up to date. When you walk in they will hand you an IPAD and that's where you put all your personal info and have everything saved in the patient portal. They also give you an ID card that you swipe when you arrive for your visit. The office is clean and has a lot of pictures of babies that they have delivered.
2014, Unknown Success
she [Dr. Bustillo] is very compassionate and really attentative with her patients.... she’s just an amazing person and doctor. her bedside manner is A++ she sympathizes with you as a woman and a mother. She is always on top of everything from beginning to end. She truly is a blessing to the infertility community... your going to get the most honest opinion you can possibly get.... This clinic only has strength they are organized punctual friendly they make you feel like family from the moment you walk in.
This clinic [IVFMD] only has strength they are organized punctual friendly they make you feel like family from the moment you walk in. Everyone from the front to your check out clerk are always willing to help in anything you may need or seek any information that you want to know.... she’s [Dr. Bustillo] just an amazing person and doctor. her bedside manner is A++ she sympathizes with you as a woman and a mother. She is always on top of everything from beginning to end. She truly is a blessing to the infertility community.
she’s just an amazing person and doctor. her bedside manner is A++ she sympathizes with you as a woman and a mother. She is always on top of everything from beginning to end. She truly is a blessing to the infertility community. Love Dr. B
your going to get the most honest opinion you can possibly get.
she is very compassionate and really attentative with her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Belkis Gutierrez)
Best nurse/coordinator in the world.
This clinic only has strength they are organized punctual friendly they make you feel like family from the moment you walk in. Everyone from the front to your check out clerk are always willing to help in anything you may need or seek any information that you want to know.
Describe Maria Bustillo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
She seeks what’s best for you taking into account your health and your fertility diagnosis.

2013, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I had nothing against her [Dr. Alford] being young but when we had setbacks she didn't really know what to do. It wasn't until we left and went on the national level to A Class level doctors we really understood how little she knew. After I prematurely ovulated, but didn't, she should have offered to extract the eggs anyways. She didn't tell us until it was too late. Instead she pushed us into another expensive cycle which ended in similar results-again from her inexperience. IVF seems pretty straight forward until it's not. Then you want your time, money, and hope in a doctor who knows what she's doing...
The office nurses [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Naples] called in wrong doses for me to take on my voicemail. Because I wrote things down I knew it was wrong. When I called back in they said it was my mistake not theirs. The nurses were so incredibly rude and didn't like to be questioned. If they were sure of what they were doing they would be open to questions...
How was your experience with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I had nothing against her being young but when we had setbacks she didn't really know what to do. It wasn't until we left and went on the national level to A Class level doctors we really understood how little she knew. After I prematurely ovulated, but didn't, she should have offered to extract the eggs anyways. She didn't tell us until it was too late. Instead she pushed us into another expensive cycle which ended in similar results-again from her inexperience. IVF seems pretty straight forward until it's not. Then you want your time, money, and hope in a doctor who knows what she's doing. It's not her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Time is not something you can get back. If you have no choice, allow them to do your monitoring but go to a nationally top doctor at SDFC in San Diego, CCRM in Denver, or ORM in Oregon. IVFMD only looks good in numbers because of sheer volume not successes. Do your homework but don't go here. Trust me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
She was uneducated and her inexperience showed once our case went from normal to complicated. She just kept pushing us to move on and do another round of IVF.
Describe the protocols Connie Alford used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
They use a very straightforward protocol which seems nice at first but they just push you into another and another cycle, not changing the protocol enough to make a difference. If nothing else, you owe it to yourself to at least do a phone consult with national A Class docs to see what they would do. IVF is not all created equal. Doctors make a huge difference! It wasn't until we went to SDFC , our fifth doctor that we had succcess!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I'm having anxiety just remembering my experience with their staff! When I would catch a mistake or a mixup on one of the voicemails they left me, they said I must have been wrong because they are not. They are nice unless you probe or ask questions they may not like. Just another example of their immaturity.
They are a true waste of money but even more precious, our years and time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We had to pay upfront all at once. In the documents we signed I specify remember reading that we waived our right to legal action. Honestly that should have been our first red flag.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Alford determined I had ovulated early. But I hadn't. In OVF world it is protocol to still do an egg retrieval to view the health of the eggs. I had to find out through a friend. When I asked her about it she said she made the determination not to offer it to me. She apologized quickly and then rushed us into another cycle. Another $25,000 for us would've been saved by her following protocol. Just an oops on her end. We were so trusting and she took advantage of that. The office nurses called in wrong doses for me to take on my voicemail. Because I wrote things down I knew it was wrong. When I called back in they said it was my mistake not theirs. The nurses were so incredibly rude and didn't like to be questioned. If they were sure of what they were doing they would be open to questions.
Connie Alford
Naples

2013, Unknown Success
I liked her [Dr. Thompson] as a Dr., a little cheese, but there on explaining Medically what was going on or would happen during procedures. It was mostly the Nurses i saw unless it was for a consultation or IVF treatment day.... [Eset Approach] They allow for multiple. so we did 2 embryos.... i was on Birth control for the month prior. and i took Folistim150 and Mentor 150 and another med can't remember name. originally planned for 11 days but need an additional 3 days of meds to stimulate the growth of follicles to maturity.
Lets start with you scan a card like you would when you go to the gym to check in. No "hi, it good to see you..." nothing scan and take a seat and wait. I really had to stay on top of everything. and ask for more info. it was a as if i had done it many times and i should already know the schedule.... They [IVFMD S. FL Inst] have been around in Miami for a while and have a good reputation. Treatment gets pricy quick... and you just need to stay on them about what is next. they will not just call to see if you are coming in for a test
How was your experience with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I liked her as a Dr., a little cheese, but there on explaining Medically what was going on or would happen during procedures. It was mostly the Nurses i saw unless it was for a consultation or IVF treatment day.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Just make sure you ask what every step is and what day of your cycle that needed to be done. especially when you are first getting started and getting initial test done, or you could be set back. Timing is everything, every test is done based on your cycle. When all else fails, call on Cycle Day 1 and ask to speak to your nurse and get info about what to do that month.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Kimberly Thompson used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I did 3 rounds of Clomid - The first round i took one pill a day for 7 days, the second and third round i took have a pill a day for 7 days(i think)... yes less meds, even though it didn't work the first time. Why, well i produced 6 Folicals the first round and is it had worked we could have had a large multiple pregnancy. so the next 2 rounds i still produced 3 follicles each time, plenty for us. After the 3rd not working the next option was IVF. I was told that is if doesn't work in the first few rounds it probably will not work. IVF- can't remember my exact protocal, but i was on Birth control for the month prior. and i took Folistim150 and Mentor 150 and another med can't remember name. originally planned for 11 days but need an additional 3 days of meds to stimulate the growth of follicles to maturity.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sasha)
She was nice and returned phone calls in a timely manner
They have been around in Miami for a while and have a good reputation. Treatment gets pricy quick... and you just need to stay on them about what is next. they will not just call to see if you are coming in for a test unless you have made an appointment. event if you don't realize your missing that test from your file.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
total care- test leading up to, treatments, IVF, not including meds (meds all from outside vendors) i lost count but probably in the range of 33-38K
Describe Kimberly Thompson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They allow for multiple. so we did 2 embryos.
Kimberly Thompson
2013, Successful
She [Dr. Ellen Wood] looked at my history and tested me for every possible issue and through every possible treatment to get me pregnant. She made sure that SHE was the one who did my transfer and validated my concerns and desires and spent lots of time walking us through everything I wanted done and everything she wanted to do, detailing the specific research related to each medicine and treatment.
[IVFMD S. FL] Strengths: Multiple locations, professional, compassionate, clean, orderly, calm environment, top technology, outside the box thinkers, treat each patient as individuals versus following the same protocol for everyone. Weakness for me was simply that the location nearest to me was a bit farther than I would have liked to have had to travel to.... Intralipids infusions, lovenox injections, scratch biopsy the cycle before my retrieval/transfer cycle, 4th generation folate/special, injectable medications, & acupuncture.
How was your experience with Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I first saw Dr Wood while I was under the care of another doctor at another clinic who refused to do the specific testing I wanted. Dr Wood had been recommended to me by another of her patients I had "met" online. She did the testing and clearly explained the results. I had purchased a plan for 2 retrievals, 2 fresh transfers and up to 2 frozen transfers at another clinic so I returned to that doctor to utilize the treatments already paid for. That doctor refused to utilize the test results I received from Dr Wood, and the subsequent treatments all failed. I returned to Dr Wood for one last ER/ET before ending our journey. She met with my husband and I and we spoke at length about everything we had gone through and we worked out a plan together. We agreed to spend 3 months recovering from prior treatment and preparing my body with specific supplements and vitamins as well as regular exercise and stress reduction. The staff at the clinic was always professional and kind with no drama! Dr Wood's head nurse was amazing and made sure I always had everything I needed to make the cycle run smoothly. Throughout the stimming and monitoring, I seemed to have a lower response to the meds than I had during my previous 4 stim cycles, but Dr Wood assured me- all was good. At the retrieval we got 12 eggs and she did a 6 day transfer to make sure that she was able to be there. I had 2 excellent blasts and 1 poor quality blast. She recommended we transfer the 2 excellent ones. A little less than two weeks later, we got our positive beta and everything went perfectly from there. Dr Wood continued to monitor my pregnancy through 8 weeks and did some specialized blood work through 12 weeks. The following June, we welcomed our miracle babies. Those 2 excellent blasts turned into our twins. Dr Woods was the perfect mix of caring and down to business. I could not recommend her and her clinic more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Go now!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
She looked at my history and tested me for every possible issue and through every possible treatment to get me pregnant. She made sure that SHE was the one who did my transfer and validated my concerns and desires and spent lots of time walking us through everything I wanted done and everything she wanted to do, detailing the specific research related to each medicine and treatment. She was our miracle worker and my only regret is that I wish we went to her first!
Describe the protocols Ellen Wood used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Excellent
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I felt like the costs were in line with the industry if not a bit under the average.
Cooper City
2012 - 2013, Successful
She [Dr. Ellen Wood] was outstanding. She supplied me with facts and statistics when discussing our plan. She showed compassion and support. We had a successful first round of IUI which unfortunately led to a late miscarriage at 21 weeks. When we returned to the clinic she was understanding and very thorough and performed a whole slew of additional testing before we began another cycle to ensure medically everything was ok. When we did our second round of IUI we actually had 3 eggs fertilize and with her her support and monitoring we made it to 10 weeks before we lost 1 sac. She really was beyond words outstanding when we had that ultrasound and just all around positive experience.
I do remember that every day there was at least 1 clinic open with a doctor [at IVFMD]. Appointments were always easy to make and convienent for whatever procedure we were doing. I cant recall an specific weakness or negative experience we had at the pembroke Pines office of the south Miami ofice... I believe our IUI cycles were under $1000 plus medications -my insurance covered the necessary medication so we just had to pay co pays and the IUI fee..
She was outstanding. She supplied me with facts and statistics when discussing our plan. She showed compassion and support. We had a successful first round of IUI which unfortunately led to a late miscarriage at 21 weeks. When we returned to the clinic she was understanding and very thorough and performed a whole slew of additional testing before we began another cycle to ensure medically everything was ok. When we did our second round of IUI we actually had 3 eggs fertilize and with her her support and monitoring we made it to 10 weeks before we lost 1 sac. She really was beyond words outstanding when we had that ultrasound and just all around positive experience.
Go in prepared with questions and dont be upset when she tells you her honest professional opinion
She spoke to our individual problems. Told me that with the results my husband had we had 3 tries with IUI than only alternative would be IVF. She didn't give me false hope either time.
I dont recall the specifics -it's been over 4 years
Always sweet and supportive.
I do remember that every day there was at least 1 clinic open with a doctor. Appointments were always easy to make and convienent for whatever procedure we were doing. I cant recall an specific weakness or negative experience we had at the pembroke Pines office of the south Miami ofice.

2013, Unsuccessful
She was very easy to talk to. Not judgementel and easy going but educated me all along the way. She really took the time with us. I felt like she was more educated on the latest treatments available.she was extremely knowledgeable on what type of medication that was appropriate for pcos and my certain situation ...BecUse I couldn’t afford another round of ivf. She thought I would have a good chance of being successful with donor sperm and iuis.
Wait times were not bad but the personalities of the front desk were somewhat challenging and when your going through fertility treatments that’s the last thing you need. Overall it is a good clinic [IVFMD South FL Institute for Repro Medicine] and I would go back for further treatment because of the doctor ... I would usually see different nurses but they were all pleasant
How was your experience with Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Trust in her judgment. She is great
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. McCarthy was wonderful however there was a front desk person that was a little rude
Describe the protocols Jenna McCarthy used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
BecUse I couldn’t afford another round of ivf. She thought I would have a good chance of being successful with donor sperm and iuis. We did stimulate ovaries but with oral medication instead of injections. Unfortunately, both iuis were unsuccessful
I would usually see different nurses but they were all pleasant
Wait times were not bad but the personalities of the front desk were somewhat challenging and when your going through fertility treatments that’s the last thing you need. Overall it is a good clinic and I would go back for further treatment because of the doctor
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I believe each round of iuis with medium was around 2,000
Jenna McCarthy
Jupiter

2011 - 2012, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He is more like a salesman. Tries to get you to take expensive vitamins and do acupuncture. Became unresponsive and angry when I told him I was unhappy.
My test results were lost numerous times. My calls were not returned in a timely manner. My emails often went unanswered... My cycle was postponed several times because staff was overwhelmed by their workload.
How was your experience with Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Go to another doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Scott Roseff used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Lupron, estradiol tabs twice daily, estrogen patches, PIO shots daily
When I was called and notified my pregnancy was failing I started to cry and the nurse promptly hung up.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
30k