Jenna McCarthy

Viera, FL 32940
321-752-0111

2016, Unknown Success
Investment Banker
I'm early in my donor egg treatment but to date I thought he [Dr. Roseff] explained things thoroughly and appealed to my need for details. He to date has been compassionate about my fertility struggles...I wish I had gone to him initially when I first started fertility treatments...he seemed to feel that would have made a difference as far as the time I wasted. that being said when I went to him at 43 he would not accept me for an OE cycle...
I'm early in my donor egg treatment but to date I thought he explained things thoroughly and appealed to my need for details. He to date has been compassionate about my fertility struggles
How was your experience with Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?

2015, Successful
Dr. Roseff spend a very long time explaining to us in detail what to expect. He took his time. Nothing was rushed. He welcomed every question and had an answer based on solid fact. He and his entire staff were so kind to us. When he reviewed the fertility test results he had so much compassion for us. I honestly felt like we were disgussing the situation with a family member...
Chantel [at IVFMD-S FL Inst - Boca] was so organized. She gave me quotes on the cost of everything. She was spot on about everything. They have places that they referred me to for a less expensive rate for the medications. She was very helpful...Kristi was wonderful. She was great. I would call and/or email her, and she got right back to me. She was very efficient...
Dr.Roseff is the best doctor I have ever been to. We feel very blessed to have had his expertise to rely on during our IVF process. We had gone to IVF Florida before we were referred by friends(who also got pregnant on their first round of IVF as we did) to Dr.Roseff. I couldn't believe the vast difference in the doctor's approach. From the very first appointment, Dr.Roseff was very clear ,concise, and compassionate. His theory is to do it right the first time. He was so thorough. He took tests that IVF Florida did not take which made us realize that IVF was the best way for us to get pregnant. I had had the laporscopic surgery for endometriosis, however we did not realize my husband also had some issues with his sperm. We wound up doing IVF with icsi. Dr.Roseff was there through our entire treatment happy to answer any questions. He gave us his email or we could call the office. I thought it was great how quickly he returned calls/emails being as busy as he is. He truly cares and set us up for success. Thanks to him and his staff, we have a beautiful baby boy now!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Trust him, he knows what he's talking about. He is very thorough. There are other fertility facilities who will push you to do the most expensive procedure, that is not how he operates his business.
Describe the protocols Scott Roseff used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I went on birth control pill for about 3 weeks. Then we went on medications which consisted of 3 injections in my belly. I can't remember for how long , i think it was 2-4 weeks. These shots were to stimulate eggs. I wound up with about 19 eggs. I had blood work and ultrasound about 3 times a week for about 2 weeks. I went to the Miami location to do a retrieval on the Friday and the following Thursday, they did the transfer.Dr.Roseff did not do the retrieval or transfer. The doctor who did was wonderful. Of the 19, 3 were fertilized successfully. 2 were put in me. We were going to do genetic testing, but it wasn't safe due to the amount of fluid vs baby in the embryo. 8 days later we found out that we were pregnant!!! We started doing progesterone shots right after the transfer everyday. They are intermuscular shots in alternating butt checks. The first two weeks, i was fine. However, after that it was pretty painful to walk or sit because the muscles were so irritated. I was on those shots for about 45 days. I was on acupuncture throughout the procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Vesh)
Kristi was wonderful. She was great. I would call and/or email her, and she got right back to me. She was very efficient. The only negative I have about my experience with IVF MD is there was a nurse Carly who was very rough with the internal ultrasound . I had been stimulated with 19 eggs and it was gowing to be uncomfortable, but she hadid me with tears in my eyes. I am not sure if she is with the facility anymore. My main nurse Kristi was excellent!! She was very kind, gentle and knowledgeable. Maya was wonderful also. She took my blood and knew I was not great about it. She always found ways to cheer me up and take my mind off of it..lol... they were like family to me.
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Chantel was so organized. She gave me quotes on the cost of everything. She was spot on about everything. They have places that they referred me to for a less expensive rate for the medications. She was very helpful
2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr Thompson] spent a lot of time with us during the initial consultation, like well over an hour. She only called me when necessary during the cycle. She was incredibly personable and very realistic while maintaining positivity....She spent a lot of time with us during the initial consultation, like well over an hour. She only called me when necessary during the cycle. She was incredibly personable and very realistic while maintaining positivity.
I felt that instructions [from the staff at IVFMD] regarding abstinence were very confusing on my evening voicemails. This almost messed up our cycle as we needed 3-4 abstinence for male factor infertility. Also, my very first monitoring was never scheduled. I was suspicious when I didn't receive an appointment confirmation email and I called to confirm. I really needed 7 am appointments for my work schedule and was very disappointed that my appointments had not been set....Could use an update to décor: looks like they haven't invested in their practice since the 80s-90s. I was typically through monitoring appointments in less than an hour to return to work as I was doing this cycle locally.
How was your experience with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Expect that she will perform your procedures and this is the only time you might interact with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I did not see my doctor during any monitoring appointments, only technicians. I did not receive phone calls from nurses with instructions; I had to call into a voicemail by end of business day. I did see the same few nurses during monitoring.
Describe the protocols Kimberly Thompson used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
antagonist protocol (?): Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sasha)
This clinic also worked with many international, Spanish-speaking patients. So sometimes I didn't feel like my instructions were clear, especially in regards to abstinence. It's easier when you get to speak to the nurses in real time, not listening to voicemail instructions. Dr. Thompson's main coordinator, Sasha, was fabulous. I did not see her for every monitoring appointment, but she was very informative (sizes, numbers follicles, estimating meds, etc).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Cycle paid in full before monitoring was ~$10500, ICSI was included. Egg retrieval was in their own on-site surgery center so no anesthesia or facility fee. They also offered several third-party payment plans. Meds were partially covered by my insurance, and they also offered to order and sell meds privately.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I felt that instructions regarding abstinence were very confusing on my evening voicemails. This almost messed up our cycle as we needed 3-4 abstinence for male factor infertility. Also, my very first monitoring was never scheduled. I was suspicious when I didn't receive an appointment confirmation email and I called to confirm. I really needed 7 am appointments for my work schedule and was very disappointed that my appointments had not been set.
2014 - 2015, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Even though I had little contact with Dr Eisermann, he was informative and had great bedside manners...talked very well about my case and my chances of getting pregnant. He gave us good odds from the beginning. My first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. In the days leading up to my first ultrasound, I had very low bchg levels but the doctor never implied nor assumed it was ectopic. I guess that is the only thing I would criticize, that never informed us that it could be a possibility.
While I had very little contact with The doctor [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine], his staff took the time to know me and answered all my questions. They were nice, encouraging and helped me work around treatments and through my miscarriage...My husbands very low sperm count disqualified us from IUI. IVF was our option from the get go... I had no contact with my assigned nurse and wasn’t ever able to reach her. However, Gladys and the rest of the nurses/staff were always nice and friendly. Gladys was always within reach and would always answer my questions and concerns. I owe my son to her, she was wonderful
How was your experience with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
We had a case of male infertility due to cancer. The Doctor was informative, talked very well about my case and my chances of getting pregnant. He gave us good odds from the beginning. My first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. In the days leading up to my first ultrasound, I had very low bchg levels but the doctor never implied nor assumed it was ectopic. I guess that is the only thing I would criticize, that never informed us that it could be a possibility. However, during my second transfer, he was positive that it would be successful and made sure to do things differently. I ended up getting pregnant and having a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask away. Make sure to ask what will better your odds, what things to avoid and ask for direct numbers to his nurses and staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
While I had very little contact with The doctor, his staff took the time to know me and answered all my questions. They were nice, encouraging and helped me work around treatments and through my miscarriage. Even though I had little contact with Dr Eisermann, he was informative and had great bedside manners.
Describe the protocols Juergen Eisermann used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My husbands very low sperm count disqualified us from IUI. IVF was our option from the get go.I had a pretty regular procedure. I had very regular periods so they started me on decadron, gonal, and some other drugs I can’t remember now. Egg retrieval went well, 12 eggs and 8 fertilized. First transfer consisted of two embryos, but resulted in ectopic pregnancy and tube removal. Second time I was on Estrace, vivelle patches, and Lupron. After the embryo transfer I was on progesterone oil and estrace or estradiol. This continued until I was about 3 months along.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Gladys Lopez)
I believe Gladys wasn’t my nurse but she is the one I had the most contact with. I had no contact with my assigned nurse and wasn’t ever able to reach her. However, Gladys and the rest of the nurses/staff were always nice and friendly. Gladys was always within reach and would always answer my questions and concerns. I owe my son to her, she was wonderful
Very long waiting times. Getting anyone to answer their phone/extension is a game of cat and mouse. However, once in there, the clinic is clean and tidy, the nurses and staff are friendly and informative.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It was an entire package that included a number of tests, ultrasounds and vistos. Without medication, the entire ivf process was 6,000. The second time since it was only a transfer, it was 4,000
Describe Juergen Eisermann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My doctor recommended eSET from the first time we met. I was 30, healthy and a single embryo transfer would increase my chances. However, right before we had the embryo transfer, the doctor informed us that we had various type A quality embryos and that going for multiple (2) embryos would have good chances. The second time I went in for a transfer, I was Adamant about just having eSET so as not to decrease the amount of embryos I had left at that point.
Test results were always provided via a phone call (machine recording) that would tell you your results for that day of testing and the changes in procedures or prescriptions that would follow. However, more than once or twice I failed to receive the call, but I always called the clinic and tried to find out the results and would get answers that same night.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Ellen Wood] is a very knowledgeable doctor, she goes straight to the point and is very honest about possible outcomes. She is very receptive to questions or options you can bring as a patient and answer your questions pretty well... First cycle: Gonal F and Cetrotide, poor response mainly bc I had a lead follicle that grew faster and let the others behind. Only 3 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized and transferred, negative Beta :-( Second cycle: Follistim + lupron + Ovidrel, better response in terms of quality but terrible results on quality. 8 eggs retrieved, only 3 fertilized and 2 transferred, negative Beta :-(
The clinic [IVFMD- S. Florida Institute] is ok, very good lab, good customer sevice in the satellite office I went. I had a bad experience with two nurses in my retrievals in the main facility, one had a bad attitude and the other pinched a nerve in my arm trying to place the IV for anesthesia... First cycle: Gonal F and Cetrotide, poor response mainly bc I had a lead follicle that grew faster and let the others behind. Only 3 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized and transferred, negative Beta :-( Second cycle: Follistim + lupron + Ovidrel, better response in terms of quality but terrible results on quality. 8 eggs retrieved, only 3 fertilized and 2 transferred, negative Beta :-(
How was your experience with Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
She is a very knowledgeable doctor, she goes straight to the point and is very honest about possible outcomes. She is very receptive to questions or options you can bring as a patient and answer your questions pretty well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
She is still compassionate however she doesn't sugarcoat anything, so sometimes she could say something that you don't want to hear but it is maybe a fact about your age, condition, etc.
Describe the protocols Ellen Wood used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The clinic is ok, very good lab, good customer sevice in the satellite office I went. I had a bad experience with two nurses in my retrievals in the main facility, one had a bad attitude and the other pinched a nerve in my arm trying to place the IV for anesthesia
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
25k to 30k
Describe Ellen Wood's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
She suggested two transfer 2 embryos

2015, Unsuccessful
There was a lot that was not explained [by Dr. Alford]. There were treatments available that were not explained before egg retrieval such as nutritional supplements and accupuncture. There was a lot not explained before hand...There was not enough explanation for each part of the process. She did not really evaluate my husband and myself until after the procedure failed...
Office staff [at IVFMD-S FL Inst - Naples] needed to be more organized and were extremely difficult to get in touch with. Nursing staff was wonderful and Jennifer was amazing...The clinic's office staff was atrocious. They were extremely disorganized and did not respond to emails or voicemails...
How was your experience with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Hope for the best but be extremely proactive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
There was a lot that was not explained. There were treatments available that were not explained before egg retrieval such as nutritional supplements and accupuncture. There was a lot not explained before hand.
Describe the protocols Connie Alford used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Not sure, but we had IVF with ICSI and expected to retrieve 13 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Office staff needed to be more organized and were extremely difficult to get in touch with. Nursing staff was wonderful and Jennifer was amazing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Connie Alford at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Lack of communication.
2015, Successful
[Dr Juergen Eisermann] knew who i was every time he saw me in the lobby. questioned if everything was okay and never hesitated in making me feel welcomed....listen he offers a lot of information...friendly staff [at IVFMD in Miami] but tight on space. i liked that i could go to my primary location 7 days a week. other facilities i went to only had one location open on the weekends.
listen he offers a lot of information.
very personable
friendly staff but tight on space. i liked that i could go to my primary location 7 days a week. other facilities i went to only had one location open on the weekends.
2015, Successful
Dr. Juergen Eisermann is a bit quirky at first! Once you understand his sense of humor, you feel like you know him so well. He's knowledgeable and thorough and speaks to you as a human...the first thing he asked my husband and I was to tell him about ourselves....took the time to thoroughly review our results and all of our options...After one round of IVF, we were blessed with a healthy pregnancy, and eventually twin daughters...
My husband and I are forever grateful to Dr. Juergen Eisermann and the wonderful staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine...The strengths of IVFMD would have to be: - [doctor] is very knowledgeable - high rate of live births - great location in south miami - friendly staff Weaknesses is that procedures are expensive. But that is the nature of fertility clinics...approx. 17K plus 5k in medication from the pharmacy.
Dr. Juergen Eisermann is a bit quirky at first! Once you understand his sense of humor, you feel like you know him so well. He's knowledgeable and thorough and speaks to you as a human. As I mentioned earlier, the first thing he asked my husband and I was to tell him about ourselves. How long we've been married, our careers, hobbies and what this journey meant to us
Whether you're a patient of Dr. Eisermann or another doctor you should always maintain open communication and a sense of humor with your partner.
My husband and I visited a few doctors prior to Dr. Eisermann and always felt like we weren't being heard—they were only interested in our financials. The first thing they would always ask was to see our latest test results and then hand us the paper with how much everything costs. When we met with Dr.Eisermann he first asked us what we did for a living, how long we had been married and what this journey meant for us. We finally felt like humans and like someone was hearing us. Eventually, we saw the nurses most of the time—which is understandable—but when we did meet with the Doctor, he always took the time to thoroughly review our results and all of our options. After 4 IUI's, years of heartbreak and a financial gift from my grandmother, we decided to proceed with IVF. It was emotionally tough as this was our only shot (no pun intended) to make it work. After this it was on to adoption. We just financially couldn't do it anymore. After one round of IVF, we were blessed with a healthy pregnancy, and eventually twin daughters. My husband and I are forever grateful to Dr. Juergen Eisermann and the wonderful staff at IVFMD, and have the girls wave hello through their window every time we drive by.
This was 5 years ago and I can't remember.
The strengths of IVFMD would have to be: - Dr. Eisermann is very knowledgeable - high rate of live births - great location in south miami - friendly staff Weaknesses is that procedures are expensive. But that is the nature of fertility clinics.
approx. 17K plus 5k in medication from the pharmacy

2012 - 2014, Unsuccessful
After the first IVF she [Dr. Kimberly Thompson] told me to trust her, and try it again. Telling me that she would tell me when to stop too, but not yet, so we tried another round, which also didn't work. At that time she told me to stop. It was exactly what I needed, honest professional opinion. She is very kind and caring, she typically runs an hour late, you see her for some appointments (IVF retrieval and transfer, the first ultrasound, surgery) but not the routine appointment (ultrasound, IUI).
IUI - $300 IVF - $11000. The clinic [IVFMD] was a business. You saw a doctor when you had an appointment with the doctor and at non-routine appointments; otherwise, unless it is a weekend, you see one of the nurses. By the same token, it is streamlined, they give you instructions, typically in writing, for everything, everyone can answer your questions, it is easy to be a patient. The only problems I ever had were with the billing department.
She was very easy to work with, she answered all my questions, told me when she wanted to change plans. After the first IVF she told me to trust her, and try it again. Telling me that she would tell me when to stop too, but not yet, so we tried another round, which also didn't work. At that time she told me to stop. It was exactly what I needed, honest professional opinion. She is very kind and caring, she typically runs an hour late, you see her for some appointments (IVF retrieval and transfer, the first ultrasound, surgery) but not the routine appointment (ultrasound, IUI).
Ask her anything you have questions about, she is willing to talk to you for as long as you need.
My doctor knew who I was, always said hi in the hallway when she saw me (but more often than not, I wasn't there to see her, I was there to see a nurse). She made a point to call me after a bad cycle outcome, and had her nurse follow up with me until I called back to confirm I was ok, had no questions, and didn't need anything from them at the time.
na
Dr. T's primary nurse is Sasha, who is amazing! She was at most of my appointments, she returned calls quickly and answered all my questions, and was always supportive and caring. The other nurses I saw over time were all professional, although I probably saw them all once or twice so didn't know them well. My adoption coordinator, Yoselyn, was also great. Again, answered all my questions, left informative voicemails, returned emails quickly.
The clinic was a business. You saw a doctor when you had an appointment with the doctor and at non-routine appointments; otherwise, unless it is a weekend, you see one of the nurses. By the same token, it is streamlined, they give you instructions, typically in writing, for everything, everyone can answer your questions, it is easy to be a patient. The only problems I ever had were with the billing department.
IUI - $300 IVF - $11000
2014, Successful
Dr Eisermann was excellent. He personally did all my treatments including egg retrieval and implantation. ... He has a good sense of humor and connected with my husband as well.... He also offers/recommend natural support for the fertility such as in house nutrition. He also recommended supplements to cover all basis. ... Ivf with a fresh embryo transfer on CD 6.
Clinic [IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is great. They offered one-one classes in the injections and were very patient with all my questions. Billling was great too. Before starting treatment we knew exactly how much it will cost with no surprises or bill laters. ... [nursing] Team was great. Accommodated my schedule needs and were clear in the instructions from the start
Dr Eisermann was excellent. He personally did all my treatments including egg retrieval and implantation. Offer me confidence and left nothing for me to worry or guess during the process. He has a good sense of humor and connected with my husband as well. Patients state of mind plays a big role during fertility process and he makes you feel secure with him due to his experience and not leaving anything for guessing (which can create ton of stress). He also offers/recommend natural support for the fertility such as in house nutrition. He also recommended supplements to cover all basis.
He is in high demand so book your appoitment as early as possible.
The clinic was great. He gives you confidence during the process with out over promising on the results.
Ivf with a fresh embryo transfer on CD 6.
Clinic is great. They offered one-one classes in the injections and were very patient with all my questions. Billling was great too. Before starting treatment we knew exactly how much it will cost with no surprises or bill laters.
It was cover they the insurance. It was around 7-8k and from this amount I paid my co-payment amount
He initially was advising us on eSET. However due to embryo quality he suggested two so one can support the other
2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bustillo was kind and knowledgeable. She answered all my questions regarding my treatment. She was aware that I was working after my appointment and I was seen at my scheduled time. I was able to have my husband by my side when I was in the room and this made me feel very comfortable... is professional and answers all your questions and is happy to work with other Dr's that are not in her practice...hysterosalpingogram first as well as a semen analysis
[IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is very up to date. When you walk in they will hand you an IPAD and that's where you put all your personal info and have everything saved in the patient portal. They also give you an ID card that you swipe when you arrive for your visit. The office is clean and has a lot of pictures of babies that they have delivered...The staff tries to plan appointment times around your work schedule. They made things easier for me because I was able to write emails regarding blood work, egg size quality and quantity, ultrasounds and any questions I had regarding the hormone medications which I needed to take.
How was your experience with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I would do a hysterosalpingogram first as well as a semen analysis before your appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Bustillo is professional and answers all your questions and is happy to work with other Dr's that are not in her practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lidia Rojas )
The clinic is very up to date. When you walk in they will hand you an IPAD and that's where you put all your personal info and have everything saved in the patient portal. They also give you an ID card that you swipe when you arrive for your visit. The office is clean and has a lot of pictures of babies that they have delivered.
2014, Unknown Success
she [Dr. Bustillo] is very compassionate and really attentative with her patients.... she’s just an amazing person and doctor. her bedside manner is A++ she sympathizes with you as a woman and a mother. She is always on top of everything from beginning to end. She truly is a blessing to the infertility community... your going to get the most honest opinion you can possibly get.... This clinic only has strength they are organized punctual friendly they make you feel like family from the moment you walk in.
This clinic [IVFMD] only has strength they are organized punctual friendly they make you feel like family from the moment you walk in. Everyone from the front to your check out clerk are always willing to help in anything you may need or seek any information that you want to know.... she’s [Dr. Bustillo] just an amazing person and doctor. her bedside manner is A++ she sympathizes with you as a woman and a mother. She is always on top of everything from beginning to end. She truly is a blessing to the infertility community.
she’s just an amazing person and doctor. her bedside manner is A++ she sympathizes with you as a woman and a mother. She is always on top of everything from beginning to end. She truly is a blessing to the infertility community. Love Dr. B
your going to get the most honest opinion you can possibly get.
she is very compassionate and really attentative with her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Belkis Gutierrez)
Best nurse/coordinator in the world.
This clinic only has strength they are organized punctual friendly they make you feel like family from the moment you walk in. Everyone from the front to your check out clerk are always willing to help in anything you may need or seek any information that you want to know.
Describe Maria Bustillo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
She seeks what’s best for you taking into account your health and your fertility diagnosis.

2013, Unsuccessful
I had nothing against her [Dr. Alford] being young but when we had setbacks she didn't really know what to do. It wasn't until we left and went on the national level to A Class level doctors we really understood how little she knew. After I prematurely ovulated, but didn't, she should have offered to extract the eggs anyways. She didn't tell us until it was too late. Instead she pushed us into another expensive cycle which ended in similar results-again from her inexperience. IVF seems pretty straight forward until it's not. Then you want your time, money, and hope in a doctor who knows what she's doing...
The office nurses [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Naples] called in wrong doses for me to take on my voicemail. Because I wrote things down I knew it was wrong. When I called back in they said it was my mistake not theirs. The nurses were so incredibly rude and didn't like to be questioned. If they were sure of what they were doing they would be open to questions...
I had nothing against her being young but when we had setbacks she didn't really know what to do. It wasn't until we left and went on the national level to A Class level doctors we really understood how little she knew. After I prematurely ovulated, but didn't, she should have offered to extract the eggs anyways. She didn't tell us until it was too late. Instead she pushed us into another expensive cycle which ended in similar results-again from her inexperience. IVF seems pretty straight forward until it's not. Then you want your time, money, and hope in a doctor who knows what she's doing. It's not her.
Time is not something you can get back. If you have no choice, allow them to do your monitoring but go to a nationally top doctor at SDFC in San Diego, CCRM in Denver, or ORM in Oregon. IVFMD only looks good in numbers because of sheer volume not successes. Do your homework but don't go here. Trust me.
She was uneducated and her inexperience showed once our case went from normal to complicated. She just kept pushing us to move on and do another round of IVF.
They use a very straightforward protocol which seems nice at first but they just push you into another and another cycle, not changing the protocol enough to make a difference. If nothing else, you owe it to yourself to at least do a phone consult with national A Class docs to see what they would do. IVF is not all created equal. Doctors make a huge difference! It wasn't until we went to SDFC , our fifth doctor that we had succcess!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I'm having anxiety just remembering my experience with their staff! When I would catch a mistake or a mixup on one of the voicemails they left me, they said I must have been wrong because they are not. They are nice unless you probe or ask questions they may not like. Just another example of their immaturity.
They are a true waste of money but even more precious, our years and time.
We had to pay upfront all at once. In the documents we signed I specify remember reading that we waived our right to legal action. Honestly that should have been our first red flag.
Dr. Alford determined I had ovulated early. But I hadn't. In OVF world it is protocol to still do an egg retrieval to view the health of the eggs. I had to find out through a friend. When I asked her about it she said she made the determination not to offer it to me. She apologized quickly and then rushed us into another cycle. Another $25,000 for us would've been saved by her following protocol. Just an oops on her end. We were so trusting and she took advantage of that. The office nurses called in wrong doses for me to take on my voicemail. Because I wrote things down I knew it was wrong. When I called back in they said it was my mistake not theirs. The nurses were so incredibly rude and didn't like to be questioned. If they were sure of what they were doing they would be open to questions.

2013, Unknown Success
I liked her [Dr. Thompson] as a Dr., a little cheese, but there on explaining Medically what was going on or would happen during procedures. It was mostly the Nurses i saw unless it was for a consultation or IVF treatment day.... [Eset Approach] They allow for multiple. so we did 2 embryos.... i was on Birth control for the month prior. and i took Folistim150 and Mentor 150 and another med can't remember name. originally planned for 11 days but need an additional 3 days of meds to stimulate the growth of follicles to maturity.
Lets start with you scan a card like you would when you go to the gym to check in. No "hi, it good to see you..." nothing scan and take a seat and wait. I really had to stay on top of everything. and ask for more info. it was a as if i had done it many times and i should already know the schedule.... They [IVFMD S. FL Inst] have been around in Miami for a while and have a good reputation. Treatment gets pricy quick... and you just need to stay on them about what is next. they will not just call to see if you are coming in for a test
I liked her as a Dr., a little cheese, but there on explaining Medically what was going on or would happen during procedures. It was mostly the Nurses i saw unless it was for a consultation or IVF treatment day.
Just make sure you ask what every step is and what day of your cycle that needed to be done. especially when you are first getting started and getting initial test done, or you could be set back. Timing is everything, every test is done based on your cycle. When all else fails, call on Cycle Day 1 and ask to speak to your nurse and get info about what to do that month.
I did 3 rounds of Clomid - The first round i took one pill a day for 7 days, the second and third round i took have a pill a day for 7 days(i think)... yes less meds, even though it didn't work the first time. Why, well i produced 6 Folicals the first round and is it had worked we could have had a large multiple pregnancy. so the next 2 rounds i still produced 3 follicles each time, plenty for us. After the 3rd not working the next option was IVF. I was told that is if doesn't work in the first few rounds it probably will not work. IVF- can't remember my exact protocal, but i was on Birth control for the month prior. and i took Folistim150 and Mentor 150 and another med can't remember name. originally planned for 11 days but need an additional 3 days of meds to stimulate the growth of follicles to maturity.
She was nice and returned phone calls in a timely manner
They have been around in Miami for a while and have a good reputation. Treatment gets pricy quick... and you just need to stay on them about what is next. they will not just call to see if you are coming in for a test unless you have made an appointment. event if you don't realize your missing that test from your file.
total care- test leading up to, treatments, IVF, not including meds (meds all from outside vendors) i lost count but probably in the range of 33-38K
Describe Kimberly Thompson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They allow for multiple. so we did 2 embryos.
2013, Successful
She [Dr. Ellen Wood] looked at my history and tested me for every possible issue and through every possible treatment to get me pregnant. She made sure that SHE was the one who did my transfer and validated my concerns and desires and spent lots of time walking us through everything I wanted done and everything she wanted to do, detailing the specific research related to each medicine and treatment.
[IVFMD S. FL] Strengths: Multiple locations, professional, compassionate, clean, orderly, calm environment, top technology, outside the box thinkers, treat each patient as individuals versus following the same protocol for everyone. Weakness for me was simply that the location nearest to me was a bit farther than I would have liked to have had to travel to.... Intralipids infusions, lovenox injections, scratch biopsy the cycle before my retrieval/transfer cycle, 4th generation folate/special, injectable medications, & acupuncture.
I first saw Dr Wood while I was under the care of another doctor at another clinic who refused to do the specific testing I wanted. Dr Wood had been recommended to me by another of her patients I had "met" online. She did the testing and clearly explained the results. I had purchased a plan for 2 retrievals, 2 fresh transfers and up to 2 frozen transfers at another clinic so I returned to that doctor to utilize the treatments already paid for. That doctor refused to utilize the test results I received from Dr Wood, and the subsequent treatments all failed. I returned to Dr Wood for one last ER/ET before ending our journey. She met with my husband and I and we spoke at length about everything we had gone through and we worked out a plan together. We agreed to spend 3 months recovering from prior treatment and preparing my body with specific supplements and vitamins as well as regular exercise and stress reduction. The staff at the clinic was always professional and kind with no drama! Dr Wood's head nurse was amazing and made sure I always had everything I needed to make the cycle run smoothly. Throughout the stimming and monitoring, I seemed to have a lower response to the meds than I had during my previous 4 stim cycles, but Dr Wood assured me- all was good. At the retrieval we got 12 eggs and she did a 6 day transfer to make sure that she was able to be there. I had 2 excellent blasts and 1 poor quality blast. She recommended we transfer the 2 excellent ones. A little less than two weeks later, we got our positive beta and everything went perfectly from there. Dr Wood continued to monitor my pregnancy through 8 weeks and did some specialized blood work through 12 weeks. The following June, we welcomed our miracle babies. Those 2 excellent blasts turned into our twins. Dr Woods was the perfect mix of caring and down to business. I could not recommend her and her clinic more.
Go now!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
She looked at my history and tested me for every possible issue and through every possible treatment to get me pregnant. She made sure that SHE was the one who did my transfer and validated my concerns and desires and spent lots of time walking us through everything I wanted done and everything she wanted to do, detailing the specific research related to each medicine and treatment. She was our miracle worker and my only regret is that I wish we went to her first!
Excellent
I felt like the costs were in line with the industry if not a bit under the average.
Cooper City
2012 - 2013, Successful
She [Dr. Ellen Wood] was outstanding. She supplied me with facts and statistics when discussing our plan. She showed compassion and support. We had a successful first round of IUI which unfortunately led to a late miscarriage at 21 weeks. When we returned to the clinic she was understanding and very thorough and performed a whole slew of additional testing before we began another cycle to ensure medically everything was ok. When we did our second round of IUI we actually had 3 eggs fertilize and with her her support and monitoring we made it to 10 weeks before we lost 1 sac. She really was beyond words outstanding when we had that ultrasound and just all around positive experience.
I do remember that every day there was at least 1 clinic open with a doctor [at IVFMD]. Appointments were always easy to make and convienent for whatever procedure we were doing. I cant recall an specific weakness or negative experience we had at the pembroke Pines office of the south Miami ofice... I believe our IUI cycles were under $1000 plus medications -my insurance covered the necessary medication so we just had to pay co pays and the IUI fee..
She was outstanding. She supplied me with facts and statistics when discussing our plan. She showed compassion and support. We had a successful first round of IUI which unfortunately led to a late miscarriage at 21 weeks. When we returned to the clinic she was understanding and very thorough and performed a whole slew of additional testing before we began another cycle to ensure medically everything was ok. When we did our second round of IUI we actually had 3 eggs fertilize and with her her support and monitoring we made it to 10 weeks before we lost 1 sac. She really was beyond words outstanding when we had that ultrasound and just all around positive experience.
Go in prepared with questions and dont be upset when she tells you her honest professional opinion
She spoke to our individual problems. Told me that with the results my husband had we had 3 tries with IUI than only alternative would be IVF. She didn't give me false hope either time.
I dont recall the specifics -it's been over 4 years
Always sweet and supportive.
I do remember that every day there was at least 1 clinic open with a doctor. Appointments were always easy to make and convienent for whatever procedure we were doing. I cant recall an specific weakness or negative experience we had at the pembroke Pines office of the south Miami ofice.

2013, Unsuccessful
She was very easy to talk to. Not judgementel and easy going but educated me all along the way. She really took the time with us. I felt like she was more educated on the latest treatments available.she was extremely knowledgeable on what type of medication that was appropriate for pcos and my certain situation ...BecUse I couldn’t afford another round of ivf. She thought I would have a good chance of being successful with donor sperm and iuis.
Wait times were not bad but the personalities of the front desk were somewhat challenging and when your going through fertility treatments that’s the last thing you need. Overall it is a good clinic [IVFMD South FL Institute for Repro Medicine] and I would go back for further treatment because of the doctor ... I would usually see different nurses but they were all pleasant
How was your experience with Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Trust in her judgment. She is great
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. McCarthy was wonderful however there was a front desk person that was a little rude
Describe the protocols Jenna McCarthy used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
BecUse I couldn’t afford another round of ivf. She thought I would have a good chance of being successful with donor sperm and iuis. We did stimulate ovaries but with oral medication instead of injections. Unfortunately, both iuis were unsuccessful
I would usually see different nurses but they were all pleasant
Wait times were not bad but the personalities of the front desk were somewhat challenging and when your going through fertility treatments that’s the last thing you need. Overall it is a good clinic and I would go back for further treatment because of the doctor
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jenna McCarthy at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I believe each round of iuis with medium was around 2,000
Jenna McCarthy
Jupiter

2011 - 2012, Unsuccessful
He is more like a salesman. Tries to get you to take expensive vitamins and do acupuncture. Became unresponsive and angry when I told him I was unhappy.
My test results were lost numerous times. My calls were not returned in a timely manner. My emails often went unanswered... My cycle was postponed several times because staff was overwhelmed by their workload.
Go to another doctor
Lupron, estradiol tabs twice daily, estrogen patches, PIO shots daily
When I was called and notified my pregnancy was failing I started to cry and the nurse promptly hung up.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Roseff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
30k