Jenna McCarthy

8059 Spyglass Hill Rd
Viera, FL 32940
321-752-0111

2014 - 2015, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Even though I had little contact with Dr Eisermann, he was informative and had great bedside manners...talked very well about my case and my chances of getting pregnant. He gave us good odds from the beginning. My first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. In the days leading up to my first ultrasound, I had very low bchg levels but the doctor never implied nor assumed it was ectopic. I guess that is the only thing I would criticize, that never informed us that it could be a possibility.
While I had very little contact with The doctor [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine], his staff took the time to know me and answered all my questions. They were nice, encouraging and helped me work around treatments and through my miscarriage...My husbands very low sperm count disqualified us from IUI. IVF was our option from the get go... I had no contact with my assigned nurse and wasn’t ever able to reach her. However, Gladys and the rest of the nurses/staff were always nice and friendly. Gladys was always within reach and would always answer my questions and concerns. I owe my son to her, she was wonderful
How was your experience with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
We had a case of male infertility due to cancer. The Doctor was informative, talked very well about my case and my chances of getting pregnant. He gave us good odds from the beginning. My first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. In the days leading up to my first ultrasound, I had very low bchg levels but the doctor never implied nor assumed it was ectopic. I guess that is the only thing I would criticize, that never informed us that it could be a possibility. However, during my second transfer, he was positive that it would be successful and made sure to do things differently. I ended up getting pregnant and having a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask away. Make sure to ask what will better your odds, what things to avoid and ask for direct numbers to his nurses and staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
While I had very little contact with The doctor, his staff took the time to know me and answered all my questions. They were nice, encouraging and helped me work around treatments and through my miscarriage. Even though I had little contact with Dr Eisermann, he was informative and had great bedside manners.
Describe the protocols Juergen Eisermann used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My husbands very low sperm count disqualified us from IUI. IVF was our option from the get go.I had a pretty regular procedure. I had very regular periods so they started me on decadron, gonal, and some other drugs I can’t remember now. Egg retrieval went well, 12 eggs and 8 fertilized. First transfer consisted of two embryos, but resulted in ectopic pregnancy and tube removal. Second time I was on Estrace, vivelle patches, and Lupron. After the embryo transfer I was on progesterone oil and estrace or estradiol. This continued until I was about 3 months along.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Gladys Lopez)
I believe Gladys wasn’t my nurse but she is the one I had the most contact with. I had no contact with my assigned nurse and wasn’t ever able to reach her. However, Gladys and the rest of the nurses/staff were always nice and friendly. Gladys was always within reach and would always answer my questions and concerns. I owe my son to her, she was wonderful
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Very long waiting times. Getting anyone to answer their phone/extension is a game of cat and mouse. However, once in there, the clinic is clean and tidy, the nurses and staff are friendly and informative.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Juergen Eisermann at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It was an entire package that included a number of tests, ultrasounds and vistos. Without medication, the entire ivf process was 6,000. The second time since it was only a transfer, it was 4,000
Describe Juergen Eisermann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My doctor recommended eSET from the first time we met. I was 30, healthy and a single embryo transfer would increase my chances. However, right before we had the embryo transfer, the doctor informed us that we had various type A quality embryos and that going for multiple (2) embryos would have good chances. The second time I went in for a transfer, I was Adamant about just having eSET so as not to decrease the amount of embryos I had left at that point.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Test results were always provided via a phone call (machine recording) that would tell you your results for that day of testing and the changes in procedures or prescriptions that would follow. However, more than once or twice I failed to receive the call, but I always called the clinic and tried to find out the results and would get answers that same night.
2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr Thompson] spent a lot of time with us during the initial consultation, like well over an hour. She only called me when necessary during the cycle. She was incredibly personable and very realistic while maintaining positivity....She spent a lot of time with us during the initial consultation, like well over an hour. She only called me when necessary during the cycle. She was incredibly personable and very realistic while maintaining positivity.
I felt that instructions [from the staff at IVFMD] regarding abstinence were very confusing on my evening voicemails. This almost messed up our cycle as we needed 3-4 abstinence for male factor infertility. Also, my very first monitoring was never scheduled. I was suspicious when I didn't receive an appointment confirmation email and I called to confirm. I really needed 7 am appointments for my work schedule and was very disappointed that my appointments had not been set....Could use an update to décor: looks like they haven't invested in their practice since the 80s-90s. I was typically through monitoring appointments in less than an hour to return to work as I was doing this cycle locally.
How was your experience with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Expect that she will perform your procedures and this is the only time you might interact with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I did not see my doctor during any monitoring appointments, only technicians. I did not receive phone calls from nurses with instructions; I had to call into a voicemail by end of business day. I did see the same few nurses during monitoring.
Describe the protocols Kimberly Thompson used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
antagonist protocol (?): Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sasha)
This clinic also worked with many international, Spanish-speaking patients. So sometimes I didn't feel like my instructions were clear, especially in regards to abstinence. It's easier when you get to speak to the nurses in real time, not listening to voicemail instructions. Dr. Thompson's main coordinator, Sasha, was fabulous. I did not see her for every monitoring appointment, but she was very informative (sizes, numbers follicles, estimating meds, etc).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberly Thompson at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Cycle paid in full before monitoring was ~$10500, ICSI was included. Egg retrieval was in their own on-site surgery center so no anesthesia or facility fee. They also offered several third-party payment plans. Meds were partially covered by my insurance, and they also offered to order and sell meds privately.
I felt that instructions regarding abstinence were very confusing on my evening voicemails. This almost messed up our cycle as we needed 3-4 abstinence for male factor infertility. Also, my very first monitoring was never scheduled. I was suspicious when I didn't receive an appointment confirmation email and I called to confirm. I really needed 7 am appointments for my work schedule and was very disappointed that my appointments had not been set.

2012 - 2014, Unsuccessful
After the first IVF she [Dr. Kimberly Thompson] told me to trust her, and try it again. Telling me that she would tell me when to stop too, but not yet, so we tried another round, which also didn't work. At that time she told me to stop. It was exactly what I needed, honest professional opinion. She is very kind and caring, she typically runs an hour late, you see her for some appointments (IVF retrieval and transfer, the first ultrasound, surgery) but not the routine appointment (ultrasound, IUI).
IUI - $300 IVF - $11000. The clinic [IVFMD] was a business. You saw a doctor when you had an appointment with the doctor and at non-routine appointments; otherwise, unless it is a weekend, you see one of the nurses. By the same token, it is streamlined, they give you instructions, typically in writing, for everything, everyone can answer your questions, it is easy to be a patient. The only problems I ever had were with the billing department.
She was very easy to work with, she answered all my questions, told me when she wanted to change plans. After the first IVF she told me to trust her, and try it again. Telling me that she would tell me when to stop too, but not yet, so we tried another round, which also didn't work. At that time she told me to stop. It was exactly what I needed, honest professional opinion. She is very kind and caring, she typically runs an hour late, you see her for some appointments (IVF retrieval and transfer, the first ultrasound, surgery) but not the routine appointment (ultrasound, IUI).
Ask her anything you have questions about, she is willing to talk to you for as long as you need.
My doctor knew who I was, always said hi in the hallway when she saw me (but more often than not, I wasn't there to see her, I was there to see a nurse). She made a point to call me after a bad cycle outcome, and had her nurse follow up with me until I called back to confirm I was ok, had no questions, and didn't need anything from them at the time.
na
Dr. T's primary nurse is Sasha, who is amazing! She was at most of my appointments, she returned calls quickly and answered all my questions, and was always supportive and caring. The other nurses I saw over time were all professional, although I probably saw them all once or twice so didn't know them well. My adoption coordinator, Yoselyn, was also great. Again, answered all my questions, left informative voicemails, returned emails quickly.
The clinic was a business. You saw a doctor when you had an appointment with the doctor and at non-routine appointments; otherwise, unless it is a weekend, you see one of the nurses. By the same token, it is streamlined, they give you instructions, typically in writing, for everything, everyone can answer your questions, it is easy to be a patient. The only problems I ever had were with the billing department.
IUI - $300 IVF - $11000

2013, Unknown Success
I liked her [Dr. Thompson] as a Dr., a little cheese, but there on explaining Medically what was going on or would happen during procedures. It was mostly the Nurses i saw unless it was for a consultation or IVF treatment day.... [Eset Approach] They allow for multiple. so we did 2 embryos.... i was on Birth control for the month prior. and i took Folistim150 and Mentor 150 and another med can't remember name. originally planned for 11 days but need an additional 3 days of meds to stimulate the growth of follicles to maturity.
Lets start with you scan a card like you would when you go to the gym to check in. No "hi, it good to see you..." nothing scan and take a seat and wait. I really had to stay on top of everything. and ask for more info. it was a as if i had done it many times and i should already know the schedule.... They [IVFMD S. FL Inst] have been around in Miami for a while and have a good reputation. Treatment gets pricy quick... and you just need to stay on them about what is next. they will not just call to see if you are coming in for a test
I liked her as a Dr., a little cheese, but there on explaining Medically what was going on or would happen during procedures. It was mostly the Nurses i saw unless it was for a consultation or IVF treatment day.
Just make sure you ask what every step is and what day of your cycle that needed to be done. especially when you are first getting started and getting initial test done, or you could be set back. Timing is everything, every test is done based on your cycle. When all else fails, call on Cycle Day 1 and ask to speak to your nurse and get info about what to do that month.
I did 3 rounds of Clomid - The first round i took one pill a day for 7 days, the second and third round i took have a pill a day for 7 days(i think)... yes less meds, even though it didn't work the first time. Why, well i produced 6 Folicals the first round and is it had worked we could have had a large multiple pregnancy. so the next 2 rounds i still produced 3 follicles each time, plenty for us. After the 3rd not working the next option was IVF. I was told that is if doesn't work in the first few rounds it probably will not work. IVF- can't remember my exact protocal, but i was on Birth control for the month prior. and i took Folistim150 and Mentor 150 and another med can't remember name. originally planned for 11 days but need an additional 3 days of meds to stimulate the growth of follicles to maturity.
She was nice and returned phone calls in a timely manner
They have been around in Miami for a while and have a good reputation. Treatment gets pricy quick... and you just need to stay on them about what is next. they will not just call to see if you are coming in for a test unless you have made an appointment. event if you don't realize your missing that test from your file.
total care- test leading up to, treatments, IVF, not including meds (meds all from outside vendors) i lost count but probably in the range of 33-38K
Describe Kimberly Thompson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They allow for multiple. so we did 2 embryos.

2017, Consult
He [Dr. Enrique Soto] has patience and understands that the process we are going through can be emotional. He does not hold back but has empathy. He speaks with no judgement also. Dr. Soto did not rush during the consultation and answered all questions we had although it was few because he went through everything diligently... He explained IVF procedure is our only option due to tubal blockage. He information that he would start me on birth control and procedure with that.
The verbal communication by phone is poor [at IVFMD- S. FL- Miami]. Everything is done by email. The nurse Jennifer is good and gets back to patients in a timely manner. The staff i do not like. They show no compassion. They take forever and speak amongst themselves in front of patients.... The nurse Jennifer was knowledgeable and answered emails fast. I didn’t like if you called you aren’t able to get in touch with anyone and you have to leave a message for everything. The best form of communication is email only
How was your experience with Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He has patience and understands that the process we are going through can be emotional. He does not hold back but has empathy. He speaks with no judgement also. Dr. Soto did not rush during the consultation and answered all questions we had although it was few because he went through everything diligently
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Have patiences with the staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He was sincere, answering all questesions we had. He also provided more information and made clear all his recommendations. He did not rush through the consultation. He was also going at our pace.
Describe the protocols Enrique Soto used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer F)
The nurse Jennifer was knowledgeable and answered emails fast. I didn’t like if you called you aren’t able to get in touch with anyone and you have to leave a message for everything. The best form of communication is email only.
The verbal communication by phone is poor. Everything is done by email. The nurse Jennifer is good and gets back to patients in a timely manner. The staff i do not like. They show no compassion. They take forever and speak amongst themselves in front of patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Enrique Soto at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I had a deductible plan the cost was average. Self pay was less than my insurance deductible
Enrique Soto
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Eisermann makes us feel very comfortable due to his positive outlook. We have been to other fertility doctors and he makes us feel confident. This is a very emotional experience and even though one has to be realistic it is always good to have someone that transmits positivity....Dr. Eisermann dedicated the time needed for us to feel comfortable with the process and procedures ahead of us....He is a funny guy and makes you feel comfortable and relaxed.
The location [IVFMD-S FL Inst - S Miami] is great but the parking is hard to find at times. Ether pay to park in the streets or pay for Valet. The office is very modern and clean. The have plenty of fertility doctors around so its hard at times to know which nurse is assigned to you....We had to call several times before we can get some results / information on procedures done. This may have caused some delay in our process. We did eventually receive thee info we needed.
He is a funny guy and makes you feel comfortable and relaxed.
Due to our history we were recommended to move on with IVF. We are currently in the process and looking forward to a great outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Mendieta)
The first visit with our nurse which will be walking us through this process was great. Very detailed and available for questions. Did not seem to rush us through the coaching process.
The location is great but the parking is hard to find at times. Ether pay to park in the streets or pay for Valet. The office is very modern and clean. The have plenty of fertility doctors around so its hard at times to know which nurse is assigned to you. I would recommend to ask from day who will be the nurse assigned so that way you can contact that person for any questions.
Our complete IVF process $12,500. Not including meds.

2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Gelman was always very nice. He would e-mail me back with information regarding my test results and was always there if I needed to ask a question...He was very thorough with his explanations. I was given a hystersonogram to check to see if my tubes were blocked but we were never trying to get pregnant we were always going to use a gestational carrier. I thought that was unnecessary for us to have had since I was never going to be carrying the child or trying to get pregnant myself.
There are several locations [of IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] that you can be seen so if one doctor is out you can see another dr. This is reassuring since you know that you can always be seen by someone. Appointments were always fairly easy to get as well...They [nurses] were informative when they did the scans and super nice when I had to have my blood drawn.
How was your experience with Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He was always very clear on what we should expect and what the entire process would be like. He was very thorough with his explanations. I was given a hystersonogram to check to see if my tubes were blocked but we were never trying to get pregnant we were always going to use a gestational carrier. I thought that was unnecessary for us to have had since I was never going to be carrying the child or trying to get pregnant myself.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Gelman is always open and honest with any questions you bring to the table. When you go to see him bring every question you have and he will make sure that each question is answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They were informative when they did the scans and super nice when I had to have my blood drawn.
There are several locations that you can be seen so if one doctor is out you can see another dr. This is reassuring since you know that you can always be seen by someone. Appointments were always fairly easy to get as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We just did preliminary testing with Dr. G. I think we did get the price sheet and with PGS testing and 2 cycles of retrievals was going to be around $22k.
Describe Kenneth Gelman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We were wanting 1 baby and we were going to do PGS testing since we were using a gestational carrier. Dr. G stated that he thought we should transfer 2 PGS tested embryos.
Miami

Dr. Eisermann's style is very honest and candid. He did not try to sugar coat the challenges of fertility, but that being said, I knew that he was completely trustworthy. He told us the pros and cons of different treatments, but gave us his best recommendation - which ended up working very well. I got pregnant on the first attempt with his practice, after repeated failures with another practice. Most of all, he gave us hope and a successful pregnancy!
It's a small clinic [IVFMD] but is right next to S. Miami Hospital, which is helpful if you have to schedule a surgery there. Limited weekend hours, but the nurses/doctors will call you back on weekends...The costs were somewhat higher at this practice than the prior practice I visited, but the results were much for effective...The nurses were very compassionate and sweet. They were also attentive to my needs and requests. They were good communicators - getting back to me with answers to my questions right away.
Trust his recommendations and don't second guess the treatment plan, Dr. Eisermann knows what he is doing!
Dr. Eisermann gave me individualized care based on my specific needs and challenges. In contrast to other practices were it felt like a everyone had the same treatment plan, Dr. Eisermann designed a specific treatment protocol just for me.
It's a small clinic but is right next to S. Miami Hospital, which is helpful if you have to schedule a surgery there. Limited weekend hours, but the nurses/doctors will call you back on weekends.
The costs were somewhat higher at this practice than the prior practice I visited, but the results were much for effective (better treatment plan and I got pregnant the first time). I wish I had gone here first and not wasted money at the other place.
Miami

I have nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Eirsermann and his team. At all time they showed legitimate concern for my well being, they listened to me, and were warm and personable...He is a very ethic and professional practitioner. He really provided a good and easy to understand explanations for a difficult and stressful process. When you are in his hands you really feel safe and that they are doing what is best for you...
[IVFMD-S FL Inst - S Miami clinic] -Strengths: Clean, well located, all samples are taken in place with no need to go to a lab. They provided all information about costs and expenses Weaknesses: parking is not great. Invoicing and check-out process can take long at times...There are so many [nurses] that you see in this process. In my experience they were all great, professional, understanding, and personable. They answered every question that I had, which were a lot!...
Rest assure that you are in good hands. Ask all the questions that you have and listen to the doctor.
1- Fibroid removal 2-Stimulation with Gonal-F, Ovidrell, and HCG 3-Retrieval of eggs 4-Embryo transfer after 5 days 5-Follow-up controls It was a successful cycle and and I am pregnant with twins
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susel Sanchez)
There are so many that you see in this process. In my experience they were all great, professional, understanding, and personable. They answered every question that I had, which were a lot!
Fibroid removal surgery: ~31,000, of which the insurance paid about 26,000 IVF: ~17,000 Medications and miscellaneous: ~1,000
2014, Successful
Dr Eisermann was excellent. He personally did all my treatments including egg retrieval and implantation. ... He has a good sense of humor and connected with my husband as well.... He also offers/recommend natural support for the fertility such as in house nutrition. He also recommended supplements to cover all basis. ... Ivf with a fresh embryo transfer on CD 6.
Clinic [IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is great. They offered one-one classes in the injections and were very patient with all my questions. Billling was great too. Before starting treatment we knew exactly how much it will cost with no surprises or bill laters. ... [nursing] Team was great. Accommodated my schedule needs and were clear in the instructions from the start
Dr Eisermann was excellent. He personally did all my treatments including egg retrieval and implantation. Offer me confidence and left nothing for me to worry or guess during the process. He has a good sense of humor and connected with my husband as well. Patients state of mind plays a big role during fertility process and he makes you feel secure with him due to his experience and not leaving anything for guessing (which can create ton of stress). He also offers/recommend natural support for the fertility such as in house nutrition. He also recommended supplements to cover all basis.
He is in high demand so book your appoitment as early as possible.
The clinic was great. He gives you confidence during the process with out over promising on the results.
Ivf with a fresh embryo transfer on CD 6.
Clinic is great. They offered one-one classes in the injections and were very patient with all my questions. Billling was great too. Before starting treatment we knew exactly how much it will cost with no surprises or bill laters.
It was cover they the insurance. It was around 7-8k and from this amount I paid my co-payment amount
He initially was advising us on eSET. However due to embryo quality he suggested two so one can support the other
2012 - 2013, Successful
She [Dr. Ellen Wood] was outstanding. She supplied me with facts and statistics when discussing our plan. She showed compassion and support. We had a successful first round of IUI which unfortunately led to a late miscarriage at 21 weeks. When we returned to the clinic she was understanding and very thorough and performed a whole slew of additional testing before we began another cycle to ensure medically everything was ok. When we did our second round of IUI we actually had 3 eggs fertilize and with her her support and monitoring we made it to 10 weeks before we lost 1 sac. She really was beyond words outstanding when we had that ultrasound and just all around positive experience.
I do remember that every day there was at least 1 clinic open with a doctor [at IVFMD]. Appointments were always easy to make and convienent for whatever procedure we were doing. I cant recall an specific weakness or negative experience we had at the pembroke Pines office of the south Miami ofice... I believe our IUI cycles were under $1000 plus medications -my insurance covered the necessary medication so we just had to pay co pays and the IUI fee..
How was your experience with Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
She was outstanding. She supplied me with facts and statistics when discussing our plan. She showed compassion and support. We had a successful first round of IUI which unfortunately led to a late miscarriage at 21 weeks. When we returned to the clinic she was understanding and very thorough and performed a whole slew of additional testing before we began another cycle to ensure medically everything was ok. When we did our second round of IUI we actually had 3 eggs fertilize and with her her support and monitoring we made it to 10 weeks before we lost 1 sac. She really was beyond words outstanding when we had that ultrasound and just all around positive experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Go in prepared with questions and dont be upset when she tells you her honest professional opinion
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
She spoke to our individual problems. Told me that with the results my husband had we had 3 tries with IUI than only alternative would be IVF. She didn't give me false hope either time.
Describe the protocols Ellen Wood used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I dont recall the specifics -it's been over 4 years
Always sweet and supportive.
I do remember that every day there was at least 1 clinic open with a doctor. Appointments were always easy to make and convienent for whatever procedure we were doing. I cant recall an specific weakness or negative experience we had at the pembroke Pines office of the south Miami ofice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Wood at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Miami
One word that describes Dr.Gelman is CONFIDENT! He’s very skilled in his profession. He goal is pregnancy, i decided to see him after a few failed pregnancies due to (ectopic) he assured me I’ll be pregnant. I started Seeing him April 2018 started treatment in September 2018 and i became pregnant December 2018.... Dr. Gelman and his crew behind him treated Both my fiancé and I like family! They made this journey comfortable and they’re confident with their work.
I did Not experience any weakness with the staff [at IVFMD S FL Institute for Reproductive Med- Miami] even while they were under construction extending the office, The whole staff there were friendly and caring. They would call my name and spark conversations as if we were buddies. I Love this facility without a doubt!... Testing for both my fiancé and i (bloodwork, semi analyses, semi cultural, SIS, HSG, etc) medication review, injection class, and from there the journey begins.
My Advice would be to trust him.
Describe the protocols Kenneth Gelman used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grethel )
Caring, Friendly, and very knowledgeable!
I did Not experience any weakness with the staff even while they were under construction extending the office, The whole staff there were friendly and caring. They would call my name and spark conversations as if we were buddies. I Love this facility without a doubt!
With Bloodwork and test between my fiancé and i we’re about $7500 in our IVF procedure alone was $3888.98 i have Insurance as well.
Miami
They [the nursing staff at IVFMD-S FL Institute- Miami] were very personable. They also never made me feel like I was bothering them with my overwhelming amount of questions. I could actually feel their empathy when they had to deliver the news that I did not achieve pregnancy that cycle.... Clean, organized, professional and flexible! They are open on weekends and open at 7am on weekdays. A great clinic choice for a full-time employee. I never waited longer than 15 minutes even when I arrived early for my appointment.
He was truly heaven sent. Dr. Eisermann never allowed his ego to cloud his judgement as other doctors might have. When it was determined that I had a tubal blockage he would not agree to undergo the surgery until he was sure my insurance would cover it because he could not ensure a positive result and did not want us to incur the cost of an unsuccessful surgery. He always did what was right for my husband and I.
He is one of a kind
He explained every procedure step by step. He even called me personally to thank me for a small gift we gave him around Christmas time.
They were very personable. They also never made me feel like I was bothering them with my overwhelming amount of questions. I could actually feel their empathy when they had to deliver the news that I did not achieve pregnancy that cycle.

2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Ellen is thorough in every detail. Dr. Wood meet with my partner and I, Dr. Wood reviewed our ongoing binder of results and past doctors. She listened and gave us recommendations. Clearly explained to us on what our next steps would be. Dr. Ellen Woods professionalism was outstanding.... From the waiting room to the moment you meet privately with Dr. Ellen Wood. Dr. Wood is kind hearten shes explains things so you can understand it in English and not the medical terms that you happened to understand nothing
Clinic [IVFMD South Florida Institute for Repro Med] is organized and privClinic is organized and private so incredibly detailed and organized. Strengths I would say structure from the moment you walk-in. Organizational level is immense. You are treated with such kindness and respect. From the waiting room to the moment you meet privately with Dr. Ellen Wood.... Nurses were thorough and kind with lots of follow up phone calls.
I would say, its the best decision of your life.
I felt like (a Human) Dr. Ellen Wood was great, blunt and thoughtful.
Its been a while. Therefore I do not recall.
Nurses were thorough and kind with lots of follow up phone calls.
Clinic is organized and privClinic is organized and private so incredibly detailed and organized. Strengths I would say structure from the moment you walk-in. Organizational level is immense. You are treated with such kindness and respect. From the waiting room to the moment you meet privately with Dr. Ellen Wood. Dr. Wood is kind hearten shes explains things so you can understand it in English and not the medical terms that you happened to understand nothing. Dr. Ellen Wood helped see our DREAMS could come TRUE. The nurses are helpful and kind. Even the checkout part is pleasant. ate.
Cost (1) ivf cycle- $14K-17K
Miami

Gelman was open and honest and straight forward but also kind and compassionate understanding that these things are very difficult on women and families. He shared options and opinions and still supported my decisions no matter what...I went to doctor gelman precisely because I felt like a number at another popular fertility practice in south FL. Gelman's office was such a refreshing change to that...Also, I didn't wait nearly as long so the experience was just all around much more pleasant and less intrusive on my life and job.
All familiar faces every time I went [to IVFMD] and everyone sincerely cared. Also, I didn't wait nearly as long so the experience was just all around much more pleasant and less intrusive on my life and job...I absolutely loved Jennifer. I felt she was straight forward and sincere and showed a huge amount of genuine care and concern. She listened and supported me through the ups and downs.
Ask plenty of questions and don't google too much or compare yourself to others because every fertility issue and every woman's body is different
I went to doctor gelman precisely because I felt like a number at another popular fertility practice in south FL. Gelman's office was such a refreshing change to that. All familiar faces every time I went and everyone sincerely cared. Also, I didn't wait nearly as long so the experience was just all around much more pleasant and less intrusive on my life and job.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Lamb)
Like every doctor I did have to wait at times, however, it was SO much better than the other place I used to go that I was just a number and waited hours. When making appointments just make sure it isn't a "retrieval " day and you will have minimal wait time.
Miami
Dr. Gelmen and his nurse was well manner made sure I was taking care of when I need prescription that made sure it was in and I gotten them on time...He’s a very good dr. He makes you comfortable and does everything possible to help you get a positive result after on going ivf.....I was but on birth control but stop cause I was getting cyst on ovaries, was put on menopurl, follistim,...They treated me with care, learned my name acknowledge me every visit cared for me and the reason on why I was there
The clinic [IVFMD South Florida Institute for Repro Med] was well kept everything about the clinic was great from the nurses to the dr. They also let you know the pros and cons. Their positive from your first visit to the last....They treated me with care, learned my name acknowledge me every visit cared for me and the reason on why I was there... Dr. Gelmen and his nurse was well manner made sure I was taking care of...
Dr. Gelmen and his nurse was well manner made sure I was taking care of when I need prescription that made sure it was in and I gotten them on time, that stay on top of me to make sure I was doing thing according. They made me feel very welcome and comfortable every dr. Visit. They all wore smiles on the face wishing me best of luck everytime before living my appt.
They was excellent
The clinic was well kept everything about the clinic was great from the nurses to the dr. They also let you know the pros and cons. Their positive from your first visit to the last. The dr. Do all blood work to make sure you’re in the clear of everything.
Miami
I think he's [Juergen Eisermann]very capable and intelligent and very knowledgeable in the subject of infertility. I am happy with him thus far despite the setbacks....Request to see him and make sure he's involved because some of the nurses were not very good. My first cycle should have probably been cancelled.
We would get different nurses every time & it wasn't until we were in our second retrieval that we were able to interact constantly with Esserman....I think the lab [at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine] is at fault for damaging embryos during PGS testing. My embryos only have a 50% thaw survival rate and the two that survived did not hatch fully and never implanted....I am still under treatment so as of now the jury is still out on what went wrong.
I think he's very capable and intelligent and very knowledgeable in the subject of infertility. I am happy with him thus far despite the setbacks.
We would get different nurses everytime & it wasn't until we were in our second retrieval that we were able to interact constantly with Esserman.
Follistim Ganirelix Menopur HCG Retrieval PGS ICSI Transfer with Progesterone & Estrogen Transferred two PGS normal Mitoscore A embryos. Negative results Awaiting blood results from immunology
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Adriana Ballestas)
I saw a different nurse every time and was very confused about results sometimes
I think the lab is at fault for damaging embryos during PGS testing. My embryos only have a 50% thaw survival rate and the two that survived did not hatch fully and never implanted.
Competitive

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Ellen Wood] is a very knowledgeable doctor, she goes straight to the point and is very honest about possible outcomes. She is very receptive to questions or options you can bring as a patient and answer your questions pretty well... First cycle: Gonal F and Cetrotide, poor response mainly bc I had a lead follicle that grew faster and let the others behind. Only 3 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized and transferred, negative Beta :-( Second cycle: Follistim + lupron + Ovidrel, better response in terms of quality but terrible results on quality. 8 eggs retrieved, only 3 fertilized and 2 transferred, negative Beta :-(
The clinic [IVFMD- S. Florida Institute] is ok, very good lab, good customer sevice in the satellite office I went. I had a bad experience with two nurses in my retrievals in the main facility, one had a bad attitude and the other pinched a nerve in my arm trying to place the IV for anesthesia... First cycle: Gonal F and Cetrotide, poor response mainly bc I had a lead follicle that grew faster and let the others behind. Only 3 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized and transferred, negative Beta :-( Second cycle: Follistim + lupron + Ovidrel, better response in terms of quality but terrible results on quality. 8 eggs retrieved, only 3 fertilized and 2 transferred, negative Beta :-(
She is a very knowledgeable doctor, she goes straight to the point and is very honest about possible outcomes. She is very receptive to questions or options you can bring as a patient and answer your questions pretty well.
She is still compassionate however she doesn't sugarcoat anything, so sometimes she could say something that you don't want to hear but it is maybe a fact about your age, condition, etc.
The clinic is ok, very good lab, good customer sevice in the satellite office I went. I had a bad experience with two nurses in my retrievals in the main facility, one had a bad attitude and the other pinched a nerve in my arm trying to place the IV for anesthesia
25k to 30k
Describe Ellen Wood's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
She suggested two transfer 2 embryos
2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bustillo was kind and knowledgeable. She answered all my questions regarding my treatment. She was aware that I was working after my appointment and I was seen at my scheduled time. I was able to have my husband by my side when I was in the room and this made me feel very comfortable... is professional and answers all your questions and is happy to work with other Dr's that are not in her practice...hysterosalpingogram first as well as a semen analysis
[IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is very up to date. When you walk in they will hand you an IPAD and that's where you put all your personal info and have everything saved in the patient portal. They also give you an ID card that you swipe when you arrive for your visit. The office is clean and has a lot of pictures of babies that they have delivered...The staff tries to plan appointment times around your work schedule. They made things easier for me because I was able to write emails regarding blood work, egg size quality and quantity, ultrasounds and any questions I had regarding the hormone medications which I needed to take.
How was your experience with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I would do a hysterosalpingogram first as well as a semen analysis before your appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Maria Bustillo at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Bustillo is professional and answers all your questions and is happy to work with other Dr's that are not in her practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lidia Rojas )
The clinic is very up to date. When you walk in they will hand you an IPAD and that's where you put all your personal info and have everything saved in the patient portal. They also give you an ID card that you swipe when you arrive for your visit. The office is clean and has a lot of pictures of babies that they have delivered.
Miami

[Dr. Juergen Eisermann] he is caring, says it as it is, is not scared of exploring alternative ways, straightforward with his explanations. He is compassionate. he also has hope to try for natural ways and looking for options that may work in the long run...he explored growth hormones to try and help the quality of the eggs and growth of them, rather than quantity like my last doctor.
[IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Miami is] well staffed. all can be done there. sometimes it is more expensive so they send me to my lab for lower cost tests. the clinic is modern and very clean. It is filled with many professionals and i feel like all doctors have a great background....
come prepared to tell him what has happened in the past
Dr Eisermann is extremely caring
beatriz is the best there
very expensive!
he believes in only one embryo transfer
2020, Unsuccessful
Very friendly and knowledgeable. She [Dr. Katherine Palmerola] was patient explaining the process and our options. My husband and I went to her as a second opinion and immediately connected with her and chose to move forward with her...[new patient advice] Be honest and open. Express your needs and expectations...Vaginal ultrasound to monitor follicle growth. At home ovulation tests to track ovulation
[IVFMD South Florida] Lots of doctors available with many years of experience. Office is centrally located. Clean office. Prices are reasonable, considering the high costs associated with infertility treatments. Lots of nurses and staff available to help...[Dr. Palmerola] She was extremely patient explaining the process and our options.
How was your experience with Katherine Palmerola at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Very friendly and knowledgeable. She was patient explaining the process and our options. My husband and I went to her as a second opinion and immediately connected with her and chose to move forward with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Katherine Palmerola at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be honest and open. Express your needs and expectations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Katherine Palmerola at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Human. Dr. Palmerola is very sweet. She was extremely patient explaining the process and our options.
Describe the protocols Katherine Palmerola used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Vaginal ultrasound to monitor follicle growth. At home ovulation tests to track ovulation. Clomid tablets, 4 daily for 5 days during each cycle, Ovidrel shot 36 hours prior to IUI, IUI procedure, progesterone vaginal capsules for 2 weeks, progesterone test and beta test.
Friendly and helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Katherine Palmerola at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Consults, lab work, ultrasounds, fertility procedures.
Describe Katherine Palmerola's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Katherine Palmerola
Miami
Dr. Eisermann listened to our concerns, explained our options in great detail and made us feel very comfortable. He was balanced in his approach, showing us the risk but also success rates. After 2 failed attempts with other providers we were scared and almost hopeless, Dr. Eisermann's commitment and professionalism put us at ease and we were successful in our first treatment.
I love the messaging system [at IVFMD S. FL Institute-Miami], information online and prompt response after hours. They are extremely busy and sometimes it takes a little longer to see the nurse, so plan accordingly, at the same time they are very accommodating with busy schedules... The staff explained every step, provided plenty of resources and were always available to answer any questions.
We had a great experience with Dr. Eisermann and the entire staff, he was caring, compassionate, professional and meticulous. The staff explained every step, provided plenty of resources and were always available to answer any questions.
I love the messaging system, information online and prompt response after hours. They are extremely busy and sometimes it takes a little longer to see the nurse, so plan accordingly, at the same time they are very accommodating with busy schedules
Miami
The first time me and my wife met her [Dr. Thompson] she was very compassionate and kept saying she was going to do everything she could to help us. She took her time explaining everything to male sure we understood.... She recommended that I go to and andrology specialist for male infertility workup. She had me do a semen analysis before seeing the andrologist which showed cryptozoospermia. My wife had a vaginal ultrasound to look for follicles, blood tests for hormone imbalances and ovulation studies, and an HSG to ensure her tubes were open. Her results were all normal.
The clinic [IVF MD] was clean and well organized. The waiting area was spacious with lots of comfortable seating and water bottles for those who wanted. It has a nice clean modern feel. The staff was also very helpful and kind.... The first time me and my wife met her [Dr. Thompson] she was very compassionate and kept saying she was going to do everything she could to help us. She took her time explaining everything to male sure we understood.
The first time me and my wife met her she was very compassionate and kept saying she was going to do everything she could to help us. She took her time explaining everything to male sure we understood.
She took her time to explain everything and was very kind and thoughtful.
The clinic was clean and well organized. The waiting area was spacious with lots of comfortable seating and water bottles for those who wanted. It has a nice clean modern feel. The staff was also very helpful and kind.
Miami

Dr. EIsermann is very honest, professional and knowledgeable. I couldn't be in better hands. He studied our case and offer solutions that work at the end. He make me feel comfortable and was very clear with the information...He's the best! You can trust him...The doctor and the staff is very caring...
The nurses [at IVFMD Miami] were all great, profesional and understanding...The clinic is very comfortable. The valet parking is convenient and very efficient. It's very easy to get there. The staff is great. They use a lot technology so they make life simple and easy. I love this office!...Dr. EIsermann is very honest, professional and knowledgeable. I couldn't be in better hands. He studied our case and offer solutions that work at the end. He make me feel comfortable and was very clear with the information.
He's the best! You can trust him. Let him do his work.
The doctor and the staff is very caring. The nurses were all great, profesional and understanding.
I don't remember the names of the medicines. But we follow all the instructions as the doctor and nurses recommend and everything went great.
The nurses were all great, profesional and understanding.

2013 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Bustillo had extensive knowledge and experience. She always made me feel as if I was her only patient. She always answered my questions and explained everything thoroughly. Dr. Bustillo helped me with my first pregnancy which was an IUI and now I am seeing her for an IVF. I have full confidence in her and her experience. She has always explained the best choices we have in order to conceive...
The whole nursing staff [at IVFMD South Florida Institute For Reproductive Medicine - Miami] was very nice, friendly and compassionate. They were very knowledgeable and always attentive...Ask as many questions as you would like. Do not feel like your asking too much. Dr. Bustillo has sat with us many times explaining and answering many many questions and she makes you feel comfortable no matter how many you ask. Believe me I have asked many!...
I had personalized care at this office. The whole staff was always very attentive and were always available for anything I needed.
The whole nursing staff was very nice, friendly and compassionate. They were very knowledgeable and always attentive.